Old 05-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #1  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Question Feeling flushes of inner heat

I am new to the programme. Have been feeling some flushes of inner heat. Wondering if his symptomatic of fat being burned or something else?

Insights anyone?

Annik

11 pound down in my first week!

Last edited by Annik; 05-25-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #2  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

I dont follow IP but just wanted to congratulate on your loss so far! Wow!!!
And hope the flushes go away!
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Gosh I don't IP either.. But I know after my first week on (A) I felt my metabolism kick in and start working again. Maybe that is where the flushes are coming from..... Your thyroid is trying to keep up with your water/fat loss? I betcha!!!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Hmm, my best bet would be hormones going crazay!
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #5  

It's also pretty symptomatic of Ketosis. Those not on IP wouldn't understand this plan

Google Ketosis symptoms & talk to your coach
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #6  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Lisa32989: thanks for this. I wondered if it was that. I found your response to a similar question in another thread (slowly going through them!) and thought it was so well said that I came back to include it here:

'Our coaches also teach us that estrogen is stored in our fat so as we rapidly burn the fat for fuel, we release this estrogen, which adds to the problem. In addition, as the body acclimates to Ketosis, that can cause hot flashes (did for me for about 6-8 weeks)'

When I read about how 'precious' ketosis is, what it takes to get into it/ fallout of it...will make me think twice when I am tempted to cheat.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #7  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I am new to the programme. Have been feeling some flushes of inner heat. Wondering if his symptomatic of fat being burned or something else?

Insights anyone?

Annik

11 pound down in my first week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyFive View Post
I dont follow IP but just wanted to congratulate on your loss so far! Wow!!!
And hope the flushes go away!
Thanks! I've been on a few different weight Loss programs. This one seems to be working with me. It's based on theories of insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome (also known as syndrome x). Has to do with giving your pancreas a rest and relieving your body of sugars. I send the high quality Protein component is helping to keep my hunger at bay.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Lisa32989: thanks for this. I wondered if it was that. I found your response to a similar question in another thread (slowly going through them!) and thought it was so well said that I came back to include it here:

'Our coaches also teach us that estrogen is stored in our fat so as we rapidly burn the fat for fuel, we release this estrogen, which adds to the problem. In addition, as the body acclimates to Ketosis, that can cause hot flashes (did for me for about 6-8 weeks)'

When I read about how 'precious' ketosis is, what it takes to get into it/ fallout of it...will make me think twice when I am tempted to cheat.

Thanks!
You are smart for reading the forum & learning. I read it for at least A MONTH before I started IP. I wanted to have some idea what I was doing when I started.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #9  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You are smart for reading the forum & learning. I read it for at least A MONTH before I started IP. I wanted to have some idea what I was doing when I started.

There certainly is a ton of good information. I want to be successful ... So hoping to learn from others to help meet that goal~

Annik
Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

I get a feeling of a low "thrumming" sensation in my body. I mostly feel it in the mornings just as I wake up. It happens when I am being strictly OP. I put it down to a Ketosis sensation. I wonder if it is the same sensation you are having. I have been off plan a few times and this "thrumming" disappears so I like when I notice the sensation, it's my body burning fat.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote