Old 05-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196- starting weight

Height: 5' 7"

Default Limit intake of Walden Farms products?

Hi everyone,

I'm new, two weeks this Monday. Thank you for all of the great information! I have searched, but I can't find a thread addressing if anyone limits their intake of Walden Farms products. I had a good week last week, but that was before I discovered Walden Farms... :-) I probably use between 1-3 servings (per label) of various products throughout the course of most days.

Thank you for your help!
laloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

There's no such thing as a free lunch - so I am a bit leary of the WF products. I use ONLY use theWF BBQ sauce and pancake syrup, because those things I can't easily replicate with 'real' allowed ingredients. Do you like mayonnaise? Don't grab the WF. Just put some soft tofu with a squeeze of lemon juice, a little mustard and a drop of hot sauce in your blender or (better yet) bullet. Amazingly good and totally OP mayo!!!! Keeps for about 3 days.

Last edited by SeattleNP; 05-25-2013 at 04:26 PM.
SeattleNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #3  

Thanks, SeattleNP! My gut is to be a little suspicious. My tastebuds just sometimes win the battle. Thanks for the mayo recipe!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

The FDA can say "0" if it's less than 4 calories and/or .999 grams of carbs so many of us IP'ers limit "extras" (WF, sugar-free gum, Splenda, MiO, etc.) to about 6 per day.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Must try the mayo recipe!!!

I find with WF, most people try them and eventually only use a few since the idea of them is better than the taste for the most part. I like the blueberry and pancake syrups. Thousand Island and Chipotle Ranch dsg. And, surprisingly enough, the chocolate sauce. I will occasionally use it in coffee or on a CC IP cookie, heated.

I find they all kind of taste the same with a few small differences. I don't use the dressings that much and when I do, I add maybe evoo, vinegar, and spices to doll them up a bit.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #6  

Thank you everyone!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #7  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

I just discovered a new "favorite" tonight. IP Vanilla Drink Mix (made) with a touch of WF Caramel Syrup in it. Just about TOO good!

I do limit my amounts though. Pretty much the only one I use regularly is the BBQ sauce as I get tired of chicken tenders without something to dip them in. I'll use the Maple Syrup if we do pancakes but that's about it.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 337/296/209

Height: 5:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloli View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new, two weeks this Monday. Thank you for all of the great information! I have searched, but I can't find a thread addressing if anyone limits their intake of Walden Farms products. I had a good week last week, but that was before I discovered Walden Farms... :-) I probably use between 1-3 servings (per label) of various products throughout the course of most days.

Thank you for your help!
As an alternate point of refernece... I use the WF products to cook with every night. I stir fry Cod in spices and add WF dressings as the sauce and cook it down. My point is not that I think WF is the best tasting out there, but I use a bottle every 3 days and I can tell you that my personal weight loss has not suffered any. It may help that my lean protein is always cod and never red meat. I'm down 42 pounds in 5 weeks and weigh in today hoping for another 5 pounds! I personally am keyed into the limit of carbs and sugar and dint worry about the calories. 2-3 ip unrestricted meals a day and some fish with some vegetables wont ever put me near a calorie emergency. What I do avoid is the urge to use any extra sweetener during the day. The WF product has enough as it is. Good Luck! Im championing my speedy loss to cod and lots and lots of water and black cofee for the energy.
lucypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucypenny View Post
As an alternate point of refernece... I use the WF products to cook with every night. I stir fry Cod in spices and add WF dressings as the sauce and cook it down. My point is not that I think WF is the best tasting out there, but I use a bottle every 3 days and I can tell you that my personal weight loss has not suffered any. It may help that my lean protein is always cod and never red meat. I'm down 42 pounds in 5 weeks and weigh in today hoping for another 5 pounds! I personally am keyed into the limit of carbs and sugar and dint worry about the calories. 2-3 ip unrestricted meals a day and some fish with some vegetables wont ever put me near a calorie emergency. What I do avoid is the urge to use any extra sweetener during the day. The WF product has enough as it is. Good Luck! Im championing my speedy loss to cod and lots and lots of water and black cofee for the energy.
If I remember correctly reading in another thread, you are also adjusting the IP protocol and not exactly following the plan as written - it's wonderful that your method is working for you, however it is helpful to disclose when you are altering the plan (much the way I disclose that I followed the IP plan but did not use IP products) so that new folks don't get confused. Congrats on your losses!

Last edited by scorbett1103; 05-29-2013 at 01:44 PM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
If I remember correctly reading in another thread, you are also adjusting the IP protocol and not exactly following the plan as written - it's wonderful that your method is working for you, however it is helpful to disclose when you are altering the plan (much the way I disclose that I followed the IP plan but did not use IP products) so that new folks don't get confused. Congrats on your losses!
True, I dont eat the vegetables in entirety. I guess one could make the argument that not consuming the 4 cups daily as written could be offset by using WF products liberally. Other than that I choose what particular unrestricted packs to eat. I guess ive made cuts in other areas of the protocol that have helped me. 45 pounds in 42 days as of today! Now if I can just keep it up!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #11  

Quote:
True, I dont eat the vegetables in entirety. I guess one could make the argument that not consuming the 4 cups daily as written could be offset by using WF products liberally. Other than that I choose what particular unrestricted packs to eat. I guess ive made cuts in other areas of the protocol that have helped me. 45 pounds in 42 days as of today! Now if I can just keep it up!
I'm glad it's working for you, and no disrespect, but one cannot possibly compare consuming less vegetables to using WF products.

Although tasty, and I use them myself, WF is mostly chemicals and/or fake flavors. Vegetables are full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #12  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Im championing my speedy loss to cod and lots and lots of water and black cofee for the energy.
I'm not sure if this is an intentional or unintentional joke.

Fat loss is always an equation of calories. You're losing fat fast because your body has high energy needs, not because of cod consumption. I'm certain to some I sound like a jerk but I would hate for someone to read your post and think that they could speed up their fat loss by eating more cod.

Speaking of cod ...

Too much of any fish product can be dangerous. Cod is not high on the list of mercury laden fish but I'd advise moderation when it comes to fish consumption unless you know it is mercury free.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

Fat loss is always an equation of calories. You're losing fat fast because your body has high energy needs, not because of cod consumption. I'm certain to some I sound like a jerk but I would hate for someone to read your post and think that they could speed up their fat loss by eating more cod.
I thought the exact same thing.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

Speaking of cod ...

Too much of any fish product can be dangerous. Cod is not high on the list of mercury laden fish but I'd advise moderation when it comes to fish consumption unless you know it is mercury free.
I did not know that fat loss was a product of caloric burn in the body in relation to energy needs. Thats some crazy science and changes everything!

I also never thought that someone would infer nothing more than my lean protein choice is one thats on the lower end of calories/fat/carbs.

Thanks for your advise on fish moderation.

I think I will stop while your ahead.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #15  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I have lost 104 pounds on IP without limiting Walden Farms products. I usually have the chocolate syrup in my crispy cereal, use the salad dressings and pancake syrup, and also use Torani SF syrups in puddings as flavored shakes. The BBQ sauce is great. I am not saying that every person is going to have the same result as me, but I will say this - if you can't eat a Walden Farms product at every meal, HOW are you going to ever add back in carbohydrates in phase 3 and 4 and not gain weight? I mean if less than 10 calories is going to completely screw up your diet, how much is that diet really worth?
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote