Chicks up for a Challenge - 4th of July Challenge! Part 2

View Full Version : 4th of July Challenge! Part 2

amandie
05-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi, everyone!!! We reached over 500 posts on the first thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/280011-4th-july-challenge-34.html) (WOW!) I knew I had to make a new one so we can keep the chat/support/general overall awesomeness going!

(C/P from original thread with some revisions)-
Hello all!!! I was wanting to make a challenge and decided that 4th of July would be good since it is about 11 (now 5, yikes!) weeks away! I know I need the extra motivation to make it through the summer!

I found a spreadsheet and edited it for us to use on this challenge! Please do not touch or edit the last 4 columns (blue/orange/yellow/red) on the right. I will manually update the yellow (lbs lost) and red (% weight loss) after weight has been inputted. Enter your username, your starting weight and goal weight by the end of the challenge.

Please join in at ANY TIME to receive/give support, accountability and make new friends! Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Oh, weigh-ins are on Thursdays since the last WI is right on 4th of July but you can record your weigh-in at any time or use a weight from another day if it isn't Thursday, etc. Link for spreadsheet is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai529T1jrukfdHZ0R3pJR3lHVFdsdG1zVkFYbjFmb 2c#gid=3).

I do a top 10 % weight loss for the week and recently added another top 10 for total lbs lost for the week so keep an eye out for both after entering your weight for the week! :)

elvislover324
05-25-2013, 01:39 PM
I think you can close that thread, Amandie, since you are the creator of it. It will keep the riff-raff out and stop us from posting there! :lol:

tehshort1
05-25-2013, 02:31 PM
I am loving this challenge! Thank you for posting it and the spreadsheet is so awesome! :cool:

ange82much
05-25-2013, 07:00 PM
thanks amandie for looking after us all and creating such a good challenge. Only just spotted the last red column, and that's reminded me that i have definitely made progress and i need to keep going! Good luck with your tests and whatnot this week.

Pink Hurricane
05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
I love this challenge! I just updated my stats for this week, glad to be back down at 245.

zoesmom
05-25-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm outta town, just doing a quick glance....will be doing personals when I get back in town on Monday, but for the meanwhile, posting just to say HI and to say keep up the hope and good work everyone! Happy Memorial Day weekend!

SuperHeroTeacher
05-26-2013, 01:16 AM
Whew, I found y'all! I had a mini panic attack when I saw the other thread locked! I'm traveling this weekend and forgot to bring my scale. I'm an obsessive daily weigher, so I'm bummed. I know my weight will be fine, I just like the daily reassurance.

Have a great weekend everyone!

jessicado22
05-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Hiya ladies (and Ian. I think that is the only guy right? Sorry if I missed anyone else :)

And yep, thanks Amandie for this challenge! I think it is the spreadsheet that is so awesome and keeps us all dedicated. So nice to see your weight loss tracked in an official place if that makes sense!

I'm down to 218 today...I think it might be too lofty, but as I'm pretty sure I'll pass my original goal of 210 I'm debating about setting my new goal of Onederland! It seems a bit high, but I think that is my secret hidden desire now, lol. I haven't weighed under 200 in about 15 years. I think since high school!

elvislover324
05-26-2013, 11:11 AM
This coming week's weigh-in means that we are halfway through the challenge! This has been one of my most favorite ones. I think any of the ones I do from now on will be the spreadsheet style ones (as opposed to the threads where you just update your post). I like seeing all the data for myself and for others as a big picture.

Thanks again for doing this, amandie!!

alinnell
05-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the link to the new thread. I knew we'd be needing a new one soon.

The weekend is going well, so far. No gain (which for the weekend is amazing). We golfed in a tournament yesterday, came in last, but had a great time!

JustB1027
05-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks so much! I love the spreadsheet!!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Congrats to all those in the TOP 10's and those who are working on their goals!! Keep up the good work!

ZoesMom- I loved the quotes you posted on the last thread! I am going to copy and keep them for visuals!

I forgot to post my weigh in last week! Will have to keep a reminder to do this on Thursdays!

loganandlivsmom
05-27-2013, 07:41 AM
I wrote a huge novel on the last thread and then a a few posts later it was closed, so I thought I would copy/paste my response vs rewriting all of that again!!! here it was......

Holy Cow there are a LOT of updates on here in just a week!! LOL
I had reported my loss (down to 251.8). I had bounced up again and now am below the last report to 251.2-yay me!

Starting for this goal=253.6
Today's Weigh In= 251.2
June 4th goal (son's HS grad day)=250 ((come on ONE POUND to get there!!)
July 4th goal=240

here comes the novel:

ZOESMOM= thanks for your encouragement, I am almost there to my grad goal of 50. Congrats to you for getting there already! WOO HOO!! also sounds like you have the "cool house" in the neighborhood! I wanna live there too!

DELPHI-thanks!! the half marathon sounds like a great goal/motivation. Congrats on your loss-the running is paying off!!

WOLFGIRL-You weigh what I dream of weighing. I am your height range and weighed that in HS.

IRISH51-hang in there!! Good luck this week!

VDANDER-good luck! and with nursing school too!

VDH-you are my dream weight already!

ELVISLOVER- 3 pounds a week is incredible! congrats!!

2FAT2JUMP-hang in there! It will happen if you keep at it!!

THINKTHIN1-100 POUNDS!! you have lost an entire person. You must be on cloud 9!!

SEIZETHEDAY= hang in there!!

ANGE82MUCH= CONGRATS!!

JESSICADO22= CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!

AMANDIE= HUGS!!! look how far you've come!!

SUPERHEROTEACHER= I think we are our worst critics sometimes. Do you get summers off? maybe you can just focus on you all summer?

ALLINELL=Congrats on the scale going down! My son is graduating HS on June 4th. Time flies doesn't it? I thought in 1995 that 2013 graduation seemed a million years away and here it is in a blink of an eye!

I think I commented on everyone-if not it wasn't intentional. I hope to report back sooner than a week to just keep up!! Hopefully with a great weight loss update as well! happy weekend everyone!

loganandlivsmom
05-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Now that I reposted that I feel better! LOL

Thanks Jessicado22 and Elvislover! I am still the same this morning so no news there except I am always happy there is no water weight gain! ;)

Amandie-you do a great job keeping up with all of this-thanks! I hope you health is OK. Stress is so hard on a weight loss plan! I keep trying to tell myself it's fun to look better and get smaller clothes but I am trying to work on avoiding diabetes, etc..that scares me so much!

take care all, Enjoy your day if you are off for the Holiday today!

Sum38
05-27-2013, 08:36 AM
This coming week's weigh-in means that we are halfway through the challenge! This has been one of my most favorite ones. I think any of the ones I do from now on will be the spreadsheet style ones (as opposed to the threads where you just update your post). I like seeing all the data for myself and for others as a big picture.

Thanks again for doing this, amandie!!

I'll second! It has been an inspiration!

jessicado22
05-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Just checking in ladies. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day. The hubby (who is an IOF vet) is inviting over military friends for a BBQ. Unfortunately it is pouring rain (gotta love Oregon). So I think I am going to take the kids out to the movies today for a bit.

The scale has REALLY been moving these past few days...I had to weigh myself 3 times to make sure, but I'm down to 216 today. Went through the closet last night and got rid of a huge pile of clothes that are too big. Feels so good!

Almost half way there ladies, we can do this! :)

Tibbits2u
05-27-2013, 10:20 AM
hi all ! Happy Memorial day. i'm sorry for going disappearing and missing last weeks weigh in . i needed to have my gallbladder removed and the pain killers they gave me had me feelin all fuzzybuzzy for a few days afterwards. everything is all better now though !

Leaves
05-27-2013, 10:21 AM
ughh, I wish my clothes would get to be too big! My jeans have started falling down a lot, but I've come home to my parents over the weekend and tried on a load of clothes that I'd left here and you wouldn't even think I'd lost a pound! :(

I'm a bit frustrated at not seeing the progress really, I know I have made some because the scales tell me, but come old clothes! Can't you be big already? :lol: Hoping that I'll soon be getting to the point where I'll really start feeling the difference now that I'm closer to goal! /whineover

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! It's a bank holiday over here in the UK and it's lovely and sunny! :)

2fat2jump
05-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks again amandie for putting this thread together and updating everything.

SuperHeroTeacher
05-27-2013, 05:54 PM
SUPERHEROTEACHER= I think we are our worst critics sometimes. Do you get summers off? maybe you can just focus on you all summer?

I do have summers off from teaching, but in some ways my summers are more hectic than working! I'm swim team mom for my daughter's synchronized swim team, plus my bestie's 6 year old joined swim this season so I'm taking care of her 3 afternoons per week (not so rough, they just put in a new pool :D).

I also have 2 weeks of training because I've been selected to pilot a 1-to-1 devices program with google chrome books in my classroom next year. I'm so freaking excited, but scared at the same time - it's going to completely revolutionize the way I teach!

I do intend to take care of myself though - exercising in friend's pool whilst babysitting, keeping on plan nutritionally, and possibly some cognitive therapy for my negative self-talk.

By the way, you are totally going to lose that pound this week! Congrats on your son's graduation, you must be a proud mama!

I am terrible about personals - but you are all in my thoughts! Keep u the hard work!

Jennifer1966
05-27-2013, 07:41 PM
I've done poorly the last couple of weeks, but I'm going to pour it on for the second half of this challenge!

zoesmom
05-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Okay, I am so going to be lazy :lol: I will pick up with personals THIS week and count everything previous as a:

GOOD JOB GUYS!

Yeah, I have somehting like 7 pages to go through for personals since the past two weeks had been nuts. So don't have the time or energy for that! So, moving forward it is. But none the less, seriously, great job all, so very proud of everyone!!!

Sum38
05-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Just a quick hello. I was looking at the spreadsheet and many are doing so well! Congrats! And to those who are struggling a bit, like Jennifer said; there is still the other half left.

I wish today was my weigh in day because scale was super kind to me. Perhaps she will continue her kindness all week? ;)

zoesmom I can't do personals here, I admire you!! I read and cheer everyone on, but personals with this fast moving thread is almost a full time job :D So do not fret :) :)

Off to my 5 mile walk before the heavens open up.

Bodoquito
05-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi! I just joined today and decided to look for a challenge and this one looks exactly like what I need! the spreadsheet is awesome! I need to lose about 20 pounds, the same I have lost two times in the past and that I gained back again. The first time I lost weight by counting calories and making better food choices and then gained my weight back after 2 babies. I managed to lose the 20 pounds again doing south beach diet but little by little I gained it back I think mainly because of depression. I am now in a great time of my life and feel very good but I have attempted several times to count calories or start south beach and I just don't get motivated enough!
That's why I decided to join the forum and the challenge. I will try south beach again since I think it is a healthy way of eating and no need to count calories AND I need to exercise! which is a huge challenge for me.
Anyway, here I go, thanks for organizing this challenge and for this forum support :smug:

Gonna Get There Soon
05-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Well no budge on the scales for me. I did return to my pre TOM weight, so that's nice. I did relapse on the smoking thing...but I will jump back on and try again very soon. Just need to pick a date with DH.
* WELCOME Bodoquito!* I wish you all the luck. I have found so much motivation through this site and these challenges. It's been great for me. I hope you find the same.
June really is going to be a piviotal month for me. I am committed to staying OP. I am going to shine this month!

elvislover324
05-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Just a quick note to say hi to everyone!! This is one of my favorite threads so I'm always reading here even if I'm not posting!!

Amandie---just wanted to say I'll be thinking about you and your appointment tomorrow. :hug:

vdh2102
05-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Well, so far this week the scale hasn't been budging, but I can't say I'm surprised, since I did a horrible job of staying OP over the long weekend. I was away visiting family for most of the weekend and it is just so hard for me to avoid the temptation of cookout food and especially of alcohol... and there's never any shortage of that in my family around any kind of get together. I'm trying to cut myself a little bit of slack since I've been sick for the past week and a half now, which makes it even harder to pay attention to what I'm eating. I'm starting to be on the mend as of today, though, so I'm going to try to get back on the wagon now. I know that it's probably too late to affect the numbers on the scale for this week's weigh-in, but I'm hoping to get it down to 151 by next week. I haven't hit the 140's since I was in MIDDLE school, so if I can make it down that far in the next few weeks, that's going to be a really significant moment for me. After all the diets I've been on, that's the one range I've never been able to hit, but I'm determined this time!

Good luck everybody!

Jennifer1966
05-29-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm just popping in to say I really the hope the scale is nice to me tomorrow for my official spreadsheet weight!!

frieden
05-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Just wanted to join the new thread. Stress over some other things temporarily derailed my diet and exercise plans, but I realized neglecting my health now will only lead to more stress later, so it's time to get back on track.

amandie
05-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Hello all, just checking in!! Well, I didn't even work out like I said I would in the previous post/thread and not since then either. Spent time mostly lurking on 3FC or pinterest, doing/redoing nails and colored some of my hair purple (in the back under so it's sort of peekaboo, ya know?) My mood is a lot better today- I finally tracked and stayed within my points for the first time in a while so that's a step in the right direction for now.

You are welcome to all who expressed thanks for starting this challenge- I am glad that many of you appreciate this thread as much as I do!!! You all are AWESOME!!!

:welcome:, Bodoquito!! Good luck with SBD and exercising! I do WW with a slight focus on lower carb- love it! Take it one day at a time. You got this!

Elvislover- :wave: Thank you so much! I appreciate that a lot and needed that too. :hug: Congrats on your WI- 191!?! Awesome! :carrot: You're gonna catch up to me at this rate!

Sum38- Just wanted to say I really love your new avatar. You are so beautiful! If you see a lower number anytime during the week, claim it!! :D

Welcome back, Frieden!

Jennifer1966- :crossed: for you on an awesome WI tomorrow!

Vdh2102- You can do it!!! You are so close to the 140s! I was terrible too with the alcohol and food over the weekend and some of the week too! >_< Glad you are feeling a bit better today!

Gonna Get There Soon- I wish you the best of luck with quitting smoking. It is hard. I'm with you- June is gonna be a good month for us! We can do it!

Zoesmom- Hope you're doing good with all your busy-ness!! Don't worry about personals, girl! ;)

Tibbits2u- Gallbladder surgery?! Yikes! Glad you're okay now, though. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Loganandlivsmom- Thank you! You are doing great and so close to your personal goals if you haven't hit it by now already! Congrats on your son's graduation!

SuperHeroTeacher- You are doing great! Love your plans for the summer especially the pool! Very envious. I may get a small one though like 12" by 36"- just enough to do what I need to do in terms of exercise. First, I need to get some fitted ear plugs since I get swimmer's ear easily from swimming a lot throughout high school without ear protection. Keep up the amazing work!

Jessicado- Thank you! You're doing awesome! I love getting rid of clothes that are too big! Such a great feeling! Congratulations and keep up the great work!!!

Leaves- Give your body time! They will catch up before you know it! :)

Okay, I hope I didn't forget anyone. If I did, I apologize!! Have a great evening, all!!

elvislover324
05-29-2013, 10:44 PM
LOL Amandie, let's not get too crazy!!! You are a skinny Minnie!!! My other doctor's office scale said 190.0 exactly yesterday afternoon but I didn't want to take it as it's not my regular scale. If it said 189.9 then I was totally taking it so I could be in the 180s!!! :lol:

SuperHeroTeacher
05-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks Amandie - you are so sweet! My exercise this month has been sporadic at best. I'm looking forward to being out of school so I can focus on me. :D

elvis - you are doing wonderful! I can't believe that just earlier this month we were all so bummer you didn't make the 100s. Look at you now, ms. 191!!!

So I just saw a thread where someone (alizarin, I think) exercised daily for 100 days straight! I'm thoroughly impressed since I can't seem to exercise 3 days in a row... Anyway, it got me thinking that I may do a 100-days of exercise challenge thread. Would anyone join me?

elvislover324
05-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks superheroteacher! The 190s have been far kinder to me than the 200s were! Plus, when I found the woosh fairy, I held on to her really tight and got some good losses out of her! (I expect TOM by next Monday so I'll definitely be in the 190s at least another 2 weeks or so.)

I already exercise every day (I'm neurotic about it...to a fault) but I'll join you!

Sum38
05-30-2013, 07:48 AM
I cheated :o I used yesterday's weigh-in instead of today's :o :o :o I had a steak dinner last night and it added a few oz to my weight :^: I will be back at that 152.6 by tomorrow anyways :D

amandie Thank you so much for the compliment!! Since I chat here so much, it was time to show my real face :)

Elvis I am totally addicted to my workouts (and steps :D). Now I am going all out and doing something 2 x per day. I walk each morning 4.7 miles at a very brisk pace (4.1mph) and then I either lift weights or swim. I keep a spreadsheet for my weight/measurements/body fat/exercise. Keeps me accountable.

Superhero I started this challenge in behalf of gardenerjoy. Please check it out. I did the May one and it was so nice to log in every day what I did. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/282529-june-exercise-challenge-gardenerjoy.html And if you start 100 day challenge, I am in!!

thnknthin1
05-30-2013, 08:20 AM
I just have to shout out here that I have hit the 100lb mark, woohoo!!! :carrot:

This has been a major mini-goal of mine to reach.....just like hitting Onederland :)

irish51
05-30-2013, 08:27 AM
thnknthin1 Congratulations !!!! A great accomplishment.
:bravo::bravo::cp::cp::bravo::woohoo::woohoo:

I seem to keep bouncing around the same place...up a few ozs.down a few. Back up. :dizzy:

2fat2jump
05-30-2013, 09:36 AM
I hit my 20lb mark today, and I am so freakiní happy! For me 20lbs is a tangible number I can look at and think, Iím really committed to this, and itís working. I said I would give it my all come Monday, and that is exactly what I have been doing this week. Glad I did because the whoosh fairy stopped by and surprised me this morning. Couldnít be happier that my body finally caught up to what Iíve been doing. Iím looking into the month of June with a renewed spirit. Bring it on!

Bodoquito Ė Welcome to the group! I hope you find the support and encouragement that I have found here!

Gonna Get There Soon Ė I absolutely love your attitude. I feel the same way about June. This is the final push, and Iím going to try my best to give it everything I have. Letís do this! :carrot:

Elivs Ė Iím happy to know youíre always there lurking around. :D haha Your words of support are always so sweet. Canít believe youíre down to 191! Amazing!

Vdh2102 Ė I felt the way you feel last week. I had a constant internal struggle fighting with myself to keep going. I was super stressed out and just wanted to say screw it. I didnít though, and got back on the wagon like you. Iím glad I did because the stress has passed and now Iím all in. Hope you get your loss next week!

Frieden Ė Like I just said to Vdh2012, stress is a &*$%@. So happy youíre back on track!

Amandie Ė I think sometimes itís good to take the time to relax and chill out to keep ourselves from getting burned out. I bet your hair looks fantastic! Congrats on getting back on track. Letís rock the month of June! :cool:

SuperHeroTeacher Ė I donít think Iím quite ready for a challenge like that. At 350lbs I find my body does better with a rest day here and there. But 100 days of exercise, wow. That will take you into August. Youíll be really working it by September. You rock. :cb:

Sum38 Ė Love your avatar. Keep up the good work!

Thnknthin1 - Congratulations!!!! What an amazing accomplishment! I bet youíre walking on cloud nine today. Whooo hoooo! :cp: :bravo: :dance:

thnknthin1
05-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Thank you Irish51 and 2fat2jump! I am excited about hitting this goal. Loooong time coming. ;)

loganandlivsmom
05-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Starting for this goal=253.6
Today's Weigh In= 249 (51 DOWN)
June 4th goal (son's HS grad day)=250-goal accomplished!! :carrot:
July 4th goal=240

Now that I have met my "graduation goal", it's on to July 4th goal! No rest for the weary! lol

Superheroteacher-Glad that you "sort of" have the summer off. LOL The pool time sounds great to me. I was thinking that sometimes when I can get away from work I do better. I have more time for activities like going for walks with my daughter, any excuse to get out.

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement for reaching my 50 pound grad goal. I appreciate it. I will have to come back more often, I just can't keep up with all the personals either (like others have said.)

loganandlivsmom
05-30-2013, 09:57 AM
OOPS! how did I miss this one...
thnknthin1-100 pounds! that is incredible! I wanna be you when I grow up! ;)
It took me close to a year to lose 50 and I feel so good about myself even though I have a long way to go. You must feel so great! :woohoo:

alinnell
05-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Congrats to everyone who is losing!

I'm kind of down on myself today. Weigh in is still high. I've been doing really well--logging my food (about 1400 calories per day) and I've been exercising. Realistically my weight should be down, but it's not and it's rather maddening. Ugh.

Sum38
05-30-2013, 10:19 AM
thnknthin1 Amazing!! Congrats!! BTW you look fab in your avi.

Sum38
05-30-2013, 10:20 AM
alinnell Our bodies can be so strange. Just wait you will have an incredible whoosh in your future. Are you anywhere near ovulation/TOM? Those two make me retain water and I usually don't get any losses.

2fat2jump :woohoo: on your 20!!!

loganandlivsmom Wonderful about your 51!

elvislover324
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Elvis I am totally addicted to my workouts (and steps :D). Now I am going all out and doing something 2 x per day. I walk each morning 4.7 miles at a very brisk pace (4.1mph) and then I either lift weights or swim. I keep a spreadsheet for my weight/measurements/body fat/exercise. Keeps me accountable.

OMG 4.1mph!! I'd be tripping over my own feet! I figure just moving through space is enough for me vs. sitting on my butt!! It's way more than I was doing this time last year. Last year the only exercise I got was walking to the kitchen. :( I try for 2-3 times exercising a day but always do at least 1 for 30 minutes.

I just have to shout out here that I have hit the 100lb mark, woohoo!!! :carrot:

Yay!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: You worked your tail off for this, I'm so happy for you and proud of you!!! Can't believe you are in the 170s!!! You are going to have to still visit us in the 180s (even though I'm not supposed to be in there yet but I visit you all anyways LOL!)

I hit my 20lb mark today, and I am so freakiní happy! Elivs Ė Iím happy to know youíre always there lurking around. :D haha Your words of support are always so sweet. Canít believe youíre down to 191! Amazing!

Thanks 2fat2jump!! Congrats on your 20lbs, you are doing amazing things!!! The 190s were far kinder to me than the 200s so I hope the trend continues!! And yes, I'm always lurking LOL! I'm addicted to this place. 95% of this place is positive energy that I thrive on, the other 5% are energy drainers that I ignore. :)

Hi to everyone else! :wave: Hope everyone has a great day!

thnknthin1
05-30-2013, 10:43 AM
thnknthin1 Amazing!! Congrats!! BTW you look fab in your avi.

Thank you Sum! How sweet of you!

Yay!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: You worked your tail off for this, I'm so happy for you and proud of you!!! Can't believe you are in the 170s!!! You are going to have to still visit us in the 180s (even though I'm not supposed to be in there yet but I visit you all anyways LOL!)

Thank you Elvis....you know I'm not leaving the 180's thread till you all come with me :)

OOPS! how did I miss this one...
thnknthin1-100 pounds! that is incredible! I wanna be you when I grow up! ;)
It took me close to a year to lose 50 and I feel so good about myself even though I have a long way to go. You must feel so great! :woohoo:

:lol: Thank you so much loganandlivsmom, I do feel great!

vdh2102
05-30-2013, 10:46 AM
thnknthin1-- congratulations! 100 lbs is an amazing accomplishment and you should be REALLY proud of yourself. It takes a lot of work and dedication to get to that point. It must feel amazing to know that you've hit a milestone that before now seemed so far away. If you can make it to the 100 lb mark, I have no doubt you can make it to your ultimate goal. You're fabulous!

I wasn't expecting to have a good weigh-in today-- as I said before, I didn't really do a great job over the weekend of staying OP. Weirdly enough though, I weighed myself this morning and was down 1 lb at 151. I feel like this might just be one of those flukes and tomorrow I'll probably be back to 152, so I feel like a bit of a cheater marking that down as my weigh-in weight, but I guess I should just follow what the scale says? I hope it sticks!

Good luck everybody!

Tibbits2u
05-30-2013, 10:49 AM
good morning everyone ! i am happy to report that i am down 4 pounds this week ..which puts me at my goal weight for this challenge ! I didnt plan on hitting my goal this quickly but being sick and all caused me to loose alot of weight fast ! congratulations to everyone reporting losses this week. especially thnknthin1 and 2fat2jump ! alinnell dont be too hard on yourself you cant control your body, just stick to your guns and eventially you'll get to where you wanna be !

umm amandie..would it be okay for me to change my goal weight to 150? since we are only halfway though. i guess i really kinda underestimated myself.

amandie
05-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Tibbits2u- most definitely ok! :) Congrats on making goal!!!

Congrats too, Thnknthin1- what an amazing accomplishment!

I will be back to post more later.

2fat2jump
05-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the praise everyone. Don't think I could have stayed on track last week without your support.

I was just looking through the spreadsheet and can't believe how some people are absolutely crushing this challenge. Wow!

vdh2102
05-30-2013, 12:33 PM
way to go, tibbits2u!!! Just think, you've done TWICE as much as you had hoped and expected-- that's really amazing! I'm going to take your success as an inspiration to get off my butt! What weight loss program are you using??

thnknthin1
05-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks vdh2102, Amandie and Tibbits2u! I'm pretty stoked about losing 100lbs!

zoesmom
05-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Well, the good news is, I saw a nice little drop of 2.8 pounds since last week. BUT! GAH! 240.1 puts me RIGHTTHERE to move into the next decade...GAH!!! SO FREAKING CLOSE!!!! Bad news is, I ate at Yogurtland today. BUT! The good news is, I literally only had 2.7 ounces so, not too bad, all things considered. :) I blame my kid. She just HAD to go there today. I couldn't resist temptation, but I could resist gorging myself, so I will take that NSV! :dance:

Okay, now onto my promised personals...and wowza is there quite a few! :lol: But dang! LOTS of huge successes this week!!!! ROCK ON ALL!!! :high:

First, :welcome: Bodoquito! Looking forward to hearing about your successes!

GGTS Kudos on the pre TOM weight. Sorry about the smoking. I know how hard that is. Whereas I never personally have smoked, my hubby has. He was a heavy smoker, easily 2-3 packs a day. Yesterday marked his 1 month threshold of having quit...and i watch daily on how hard it is on him. But man oh man, I am so proud of him. :) If he can do it, I know you can do it too! :hug:

vdh2012 I am so rooting for you to hit the 140's! You'll get there soon, I know it!

Tibbits - Hope you are feeling much, much better. GB surgery sucked for me. I found out I am in the small group of people who is actually allergic to bile. Yep. I am allergic to ME! :lol: In all seriousness, wishing you a speedy recovery! And HUZZAH on the 4 pounds down!

SHT I have no problem of doing a 100 days straight of exercise. Heck, yesterday was my rest day and I STILL worked out for an hour :lol: I rationalized it with the fact it was light and nothing too extreme. but sure, I'll happily join ya! (Helps home in on my earlier post today about touching myself! :lol:)

elvis - I am giddy you have come so freaking far in your journey. I so look up to you. You rock beyond words :) :hug:

Sum - I've been tempted to do that before. Ultimately I decided against it as I could "lie" to myself and believe it. Not that it is a lie by any stretch, afterall, you DID see the scale go down so you WILL get there within the next 24-48 hours. But, my irrational side couldn't see it as anything but a lie. Anyways, enough about my mental issues...kudos on the weightloss (and those few ounces are probably nothing more than water weight!)

thnknthin :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hug: SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

2F2J - CONGRATS on the 20#'s! I know that is the point where it seemed doable to me as well. Keep it up, you so have this!!!! :hug:

irish - You'll get there, I KNOW you will!!!

logan - :dance: AWESOME! I am so dang proud of you!

alinnell - first, I want to give you a big ol' :hug: Have you looked at your calories in vs your calories out? Or have you looked at what your calories consist of? I know prior to doing what I am doing now, I was logging 1200 calories and working out a good hour and kept seeing a gain. Ultimately my doctor queued me in that I wasn't eating enough protein, was eating too much fats and at the time, was working out too much for my caloric intake. Since then, I have figured out the equation that works for me. Regardless, I bet your body is looking better though, right? Anyways, want to give you one more :hug:

amandie - now that your mood is better, you are going to exercise...right? RIGHT!? All joking aside, I LOVE the idea of purple hair! :D

amandie
05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Elvislover- :hug: :wave:

Haha! That's right, Zoesmom! Especially now that I found out all is okay with me with my test results and the cyst resolved too. Whew!! Congrats on your 2.8 and NSV!!!

SuperHeroTeacher- I'll join you!!!

Sum38- I wouldn't consider that cheating! Congrats on your WI!

2Fat2Jump- :carrot: Congratulations on your 20lbs!!! :carrot:

Loganandlivsmom- Congrats on meeting your goal and awesome on 51 gone!!!! :woohoo:

Alinnell- Hang in there! Your body has to catch up with the scale eventually!

Vdh2102- Don't feel like a cheater! I claim any low number and don't care if it's a fluke!!! ;) Congrats!!!

I was up in weight today- 167.6 at home and 168.0 at the dr's office. It sucks but I know I will get it off again and more. I feel more recommitted and I guess... renewed since that dark cloud is gone. I will get back to working out either tonight or tomorrow but it's gonna be a routine again! Today is the second day of tracking and staying on plan so far.

Have a great evening, all!

vdh2102
05-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Hang in there, amandie. I think everyone in this thread has fallen off the wagon at some point (I know I have many a time), the important thing is that you're getting back on. It's a standard step in the weight loss process ;). The good thing is that we still have 5 weeks. You can do it!

ange82much
05-31-2013, 04:15 AM
one more pound loss for me this week and i'm very happy! The first few days of the week i was probably maintaining, but the last 4 days i've been good, and got my reward. We're renting a cottage in the country and going away for a few days tomorrow though, so eating my normal way is out, and i need to be very careful....

zoesmom
05-31-2013, 08:38 AM
amandie Just remember, getting off track isn't the slip up. It is staying off track that is. You got this, I know you do! :hug:

Yeah ange! Kudos to you for losing the pound! And just remember, if you need to, make special requests when you go out to eat. Most places are more than happy to meet your wants...afterall, you are paying them to keep you happy :) Good luck!

(and on a side note, why couldn't today have been the weigh in day!? :lol: I dropped another pound! BUT!!! I am in the 230's now :dance: Getting closer and closer and closer to goal, one itty bitty pound at a time!

tehshort1
05-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Everyone has been doing awesome with their weight loss! Lost 1.4 this week. As long as it goes in the right direction, I'm happy. Been hula hooping and man that is fun! I'll hula hoop at night while I watch Ghost Adventures and Futurama! I'm only 3 pounds away from my 4th of July Challenge Goal! I can totally do this!

jessicado22
05-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Wow, no way I'm keeping up on personals this week...

thnkthin, wow -- congrats on 100 pounds!! That is amazing :)

Alinell -- that is so hard. Eventually though, your work WILL pay off! Usually after a stall, you should see a nice big loss!

Not much new on my end. Just working hard to stay OP and pushing myself each day to workout. It is rewarding to be able to go longer/faster on the treadmill :)

seize the day
05-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Wow, that first thread filled up fast! I'm finally home and finally had a chance to weigh in. Miraculously, I'm 0.6 down from before I left. It's not a lot but I'm happy with it. I definitely expected to gain weight from the festivities.

Hope everyone had a good Memorial day!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-31-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm down to 253.2, which is below my May Challenge goal! I am really surprised to say the least!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

2fat2jump
05-31-2013, 02:18 PM
I've been a total exercise addict the last week, and I think I may have over did it. This morning I got up (feeling great infact) and I stretched my arms above my head. When I did I heard a crack! rrrrrriiippp! Then I had a wave of pain and now I can't move my neck. At all! Gah!! I obviously tore something, and I am so upset because I had a list of activities I wanted to do this weekend like go hiking and frisbee golf. Instead I'm icing my neck and trying very hard not to move.

Now I'm slightly panicking on the inside because I'm afraid being forced to take these rests days is going to set me back. Should I cut back my calories while I wait for my neck to heal? Not sure how to handle this injury. No more Turbo Fire for me this week.

seize the day
05-31-2013, 02:44 PM
I've been a total exercise addict the last week, and I think I may have over did it. This morning I got up (feeling great infact) and I stretched my arms above my head. When I did I heard a crack! rrrrrriiippp! Then I had a wave of pain and now I can't move my neck. At all! Gah!! I obviously tore something, and I am so upset because I had a list of activities I wanted to do this weekend like go hiking and frisbee golf. Instead I'm icing my neck and trying very hard not to move.

Now I'm slightly panicking on the inside because I'm afraid being forced to take these rests days is going to set me back. Should I cut back my calories while I wait for my neck to heal? Not sure how to handle this injury. No more Turbo Fire for me this week.

Sorry to hear about that :( injuries make exercising really hard.

elvislover324
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
I hope myfitnesspal.com is right about my 5 week predicted weight!

4th of July is 5 weeks from yesterday. MFP said I will weigh 177.9lbs based on my plan today (and I'm pretty consistent). That would mean I met my goal of 180 plus a little insurance! *praying my wish comes true!*

jessicado22
06-01-2013, 02:06 AM
seize the day -- congrats on the mini loss. WAY better than gaining, and that is impressive for a vacation. :)

Going2BeThatGirl -- congrats too! So nice to meet goals :D

2fat2jump -- so sorry about your neck... :( Hope it's not anything serious and you can continue working out and get out this weekend. If you can't though, then I probably would cut back on calories (unless you are already at 1100 or something, then I would probably stay the same). Hope that makes sense, lol.

elvislover324 -- Let's hope MFP is right on! I'm praying my numbers are true too, ha ha.

Leaves
06-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Good morning chicks! Weighed in at 141 today, despite a dreadful fat-food-filled holiday weekend I seem to have cheated the scales, woo!

2fat2jump- did you twist your neck at all? I know sometimes I've looked one way too suddenly and something has gone ping in my neck meaning that I can't turn my head for the rest of the day. It usually gets better after 24 hours when that happens, so I hope that that might be the case for you too and you get better quickly!

Elvis- after seeing your thread recently about getting into onederland, I'm amazed with the quick progress you seem to be making, way to go! You'll be there in no time :D

2fat2jump
06-01-2013, 10:08 AM
2fat2jump- did you twist your neck at all? I know sometimes I've looked one way too suddenly and something has gone ping in my neck meaning that I can't turn my head for the rest of the day. It usually gets better after 24 hours when that happens, so I hope that that might be the case for you too and you get better quickly!

I think I tore a muscle somewhere from my neck to my shoulder. Itís doing a little better today now that Iíve been moving around, although when I woke up this morning I had that Iíve been hit by a MAC truck feeling. Yesterday was brutal though. I iced it all day and took some advil. By the end of the day I couldnít take not exercising and got on the treadmill for an hour. I just did a leisurely pace and walked 2.5 miles, nothing strenuous.

Congrats on cheating the scales, Leaves! :D Haha Iíve had a week or two like that, but it usually catches up to me the week after and Iíll maintain rather than lose. Hopefully you wonít have that problem!

Elvis Ė I have total faith that youíll reach your MFP number. Youíre a weightloss machine! :carrot:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :wave:

elvislover324
06-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks ladies!! MFP isn't always kind to me but I'm hoping it is for the next 5 weeks!! I was just so excited to see it as the prediction!

And 2fat2jump, owwwwwww. Your poor neck. :hug: I hope you are feeling better soon. Be sure to take it easy and not hurt yourself more. :hug:

And leaves, I'm not making that great a progress, just making up lost time (weight?) from when I stalled out. I caught the woosh fairy and threatened her to give me some good losses! :rofl: And she responded to my threats! :rofl:

jessicado, I keep meaning to tell you. Your profile picture makes me smile every time I see it. Such a beautiful mom with her 2 babies. I hope I have one just as nice some day! :hug:

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Pink Hurricane
06-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Down to 244.2 hoping to pull a pound or two weight loss for next week!

loganandlivsmom
06-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Just trying to keep up with this thread! :D

thinkthin1-you're welcome! I am still stoked for you! I seriously can't imagine how great you must feel. I have lost 50 before like I have now, but 100! woo hoo! LOL

sum38-thanks!!

zoesmom-thanks! and good job at the yogurt place. Those places do me in. I love the peanutbutter cup topping too much! must stay away from ours-it's called SkinnyDip! ;)

amandie-thanks!

jessicado22
06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Hiya all. Just had a huge whoosh on the scale and I'm down to 212... :D What is crazy is that I started dieting/exercising on April 5, so basically in 2 months I have lost 38 pounds! (We all know 5 pounds of that is sodium/water weight or whatever though, lol since I always gain that back in a day once I stop). So we'll say I've comfortably lost 30 pounds of fat. CRAZY!!! I knew I'd lose a little faster in the beginning, but I expected it to have really tapered off by now. Not complaining though, :)

Leaves, congrats on the loss! I think a bit of a cheat every once in awhile actually helps in weight loss as it keeps your body guessing. ;)

2fat2jump, hope you're getting better. And WTG on working out anyways! I don't know about you, but isn't it funny how before we started this journey we would probably come up with excuses not to exercise, and now pretty much nothing can stop us, lol?

elvislover324, thanks so much! I realized on Mother's day I didn't have a photo yet with me with both my kiddos and the baby was already 6 months. Totally unacceptable, so we remedied that!!!

Pink Hurricane, congrats on the drop!

amandie
06-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Good morning (or afternoon for some of you), lovelies!

Congrats on your pound, Ange!

Zoesmom- Whoo-hoo on the 230s now!!! So happy for you!

Tehshort1- 3lbs away? Awesome!!!! You totally got this!!! Hula-hooping does sound like fun!!!

Seizetheday- .6 down after a vacation? That is freakin' amazing! Go you!!!

Going2BeThatGirl- Yay!!!!! What a nice surprise for you! Let's see if you can surprise yourself again for the month of June? :)

2Fat2Jump- So sorry to hear about your neck! Those are the worst for me especially if you're trying to drive (safely), LOL. Do take it easy, please. I wouldn't want you to injure yourself further and set yourself back more further. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Elvislover- Oooh! I hope MFP is spot on for you because that would be just freakin' awesome!

Leaves- Congrats on your loss! :)

PinkHurricane- Way to go on your drop and I am :crossed: on a pound or two for you next week!!

Jessicado- I gotta go with Elvislover about your avatar- beautiful and I can't help but smile! :) Congrats on your whoosh down to 212! Getting closer and closer to One-derland! Amazing progress too. :carrot:

It's been a busy weekend for me, I haven't been able to work out at all until today. (BOOOO!) I have been OP mostly save for one beer here and there throughout the weekend. I am so excited now that my sister is back here for good and we can start working out together!! Yay for workout buddies! I hope everyone else had a good weekend!

zoesmom
06-02-2013, 04:05 PM
:lol: I am seriously beginning to think this thread has picked up in speed. WHAT THE HECK! :lol:

2F2J - hope you get feeling better soon...that is so suck :(

Elvis - me too!!!! If MFP is correct, I will be less than I was at my graduation...oh please oh please oh please!

Jessicado - :hug: yeah for your woosh! I love whooshes!

logan - don't get me started on those yogurt places! :lol: Freaking kid loves them, and I never say no because she always grabs the tart flavor and only adds fruits. But here I am, looking at all the other yummy flavors. The evilness of it!!!! :lol:

YEAH pink!!!! So Happy for you!!!

loganandlivsmom
06-03-2013, 06:46 AM
jessicado22- 38 pounds in 2 months really inspires me to try harder! wow!:dizzy:

zoesmom-I tried it once with yogurt topped with fruit and was so disappointed! lol I really wanted the pb cup with chocolate syrup. This is why I hardly go there. ;)

amandie-I think that what we eat determines weight loss more than working out. so not getting in your workout is OK if you stayed OP. With that said, I am glad your sis is there to workout with you. It makes it less "work" to do it with someone else.

seize the day
06-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the support, Jessicado and Amandie :)

This week is off to a rocky start for me but I figure I have 3 days to get on track and hopefully lose a little weight.

I have been weighing on my gym scale for the past few months, but I just got a new bathroom scale from a friend, and it weighs me in about 2-3 lbs lighter than my gym scale... I'm sticking with the gym scale for this challenge (so as not to cheat ;) ), and I know that the numbers don't matter as much as how you feel etc. but it drives me crazy that I don't know how much I actually weigh... last time I was weighed at a doctor's office was ages ago but I would assume that would be the best indicator of my real weight...

Anyone else run into this irritation?

vdh2102
06-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi ladies! I've been doing fairly well at staying OP since I last wrote here and am proud to say that I'm actually finding myself 1 lb. ahead of goal-- hopefully I can lose another pound by Thursday to stay ahead! I need to be ahead since I'm going on vacation to visit my mom in about two weeks, and a week in the south means nothing but BBQ and all my other favorite foods that are impossible to resist! I'm trying not to be too ambitious and just aiming to maintain for that week.

I had a bit of a cheat day on Saturday, as we were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday a little early, so I took him out to his favorite burger place for dinner. It was worth it! Now I've just got to keep myself under control when the birthday cake comes around on his real birthday on Thursday!! So hard... bday cake is my all time favorite treat 8D! Just have to keep reminding myself how great I'm going to feel when I see 140 something on the scale-- I haven't been in that "decade" since I was 13 and I'm so close.

We also stopped at our local Trader Joe's this weekend, and I'm so glad we did! There were a ton of great diet friendly options there-- last night we tried the frozen crabcakes (190 cal. for just one), and for around 3.50 for the whole pack, man were they good! I'm going to start going more often-- do you guys have any recommendations for good TJ's finds?

loganandlivsmom-- you're totally right about the eating being the most important part of weight loss. My doctor once told me about 70% of it depends on what you put in your mouth, 30% on how much you move. I like to think of exercise as being like extra credit work-- it can bump you up to an A+ if you're doing all your other work ;).

Jessicado-- Congratulations on your massive weight loss! That's an amazing accomplishment in just two months, you should be really proud :) Sounds like the woosh fairy has been visiting you-- tell her to get her butt over to me next!!

zoesmom
06-04-2013, 07:53 AM
:dance: I gotta share! 55 pounds lost as of this morning! :dance:

Wishing it was weigh in day already, but know that if I keep my tread up, I'll see a tad more gone by Thursday! Thanks for sharing your WOOSH fairy Elvis! It has most certainly paid me a nice visit these past two weeks. :D

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 07:58 AM
:dance: I gotta share! 55 pounds lost as of this morning! :dance:

Wishing it was weigh in day already, but know that if I keep my tread up, I'll see a tad more gone by Thursday! Thanks for sharing your WOOSH fairy Elvis! It has most certainly paid me a nice visit these past two weeks. :D

Congrats, Zoesmom!! And YW about the woosh fairy! When I grabbed her, I told her she owed *ALL* of us a few pounds so she better pay up!!

Leaves
06-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Tentatively hit 140 today, but that means I've hit my goal for this challenge! To be honest, it feels a bit anticlimactic as I don't feel that I look any different to how I did 20lbs ago anyway. Amandie, can I change my goal on the spreadsheet to 136? I want to stay on board and you guys are all so upbeat and lovely :)

Really going to be trying to up my cardio this month, I can feel that I'm starting to get some muscle in my abs and thighs, but it's all hidden. Feeling like a pillow top mattress right now :dizzy:

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Tentatively hit 140 today, but that means I've hit my goal for this challenge! To be honest, it feels a bit anticlimactic as I don't feel that I look any different to how I did 20lbs ago anyway. Amandie, can I change my goal on the spreadsheet to 136? I want to stay on board and you guys are all so upbeat and lovely :)

Really going to be trying to up my cardio this month, I can feel that I'm starting to get some muscle in my abs and thighs, but it's all hidden. Feeling like a pillow top mattress right now :dizzy:

WOW!!! You made your goal in half the time, we still have a month left!! Awesome job, leaves!!! And I'm sure you look so different, 20lbs is a lot on someone as small as you. :)

(And I think you can change your goal weight with no problem, just don't change the other columns. Amandie does all of that for us. :) )

Sum38
06-04-2013, 10:02 AM
zoesmom :woohoo:

And I must thank Elvis for a whoosh fairy as well. 2 pound loss for the week so far.

vdh2102
06-04-2013, 10:36 AM
wow, way to go, Leaves!!! You're so close to your big goal!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Way to go zoesmom! :high:

Going2BeThatGirl
06-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Going2BeThatGirl- Yay!!!!! What a nice surprise for you! Let's see if you can surprise yourself again for the month of June? :)

It's been a busy weekend for me, I haven't been able to work out at all until today. (BOOOO!) I have been OP mostly save for one beer here and there throughout the weekend. I am so excited now that my sister is back here for good and we can start working out together!! Yay for workout buddies! I hope everyone else had a good weekend!

I joined a DietBet and my goal is 10lbs by July 3rd. I'm hoping I can pull it off, but we shall see. I haven't been able to work out since last Thursday and my WW weigh in is tomorrow. I know I'm not going to have the results I was so looking forward to last week. Tomorrow is another day though :)

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!!

Leaves
06-05-2013, 05:53 AM
WOW!!! You made your goal in half the time, we still have a month left!! Awesome job, leaves!!! And I'm sure you look so different, 20lbs is a lot on someone as small as you. :)

(And I think you can change your goal weight with no problem, just don't change the other columns. Amandie does all of that for us. :) )

It's weird, I still have the bingo wings/huge thighs, belly and boobs that I ever did. I don't know where it's all gone from! Skinny feet? haha. Hoping that the next 10lbs are where the big changes come!

2fat2jump
06-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Happy Hump Day everyone! Just wanted to check in and say Hi. :wave:

Leaves, congrats on hitting goal - and one month early! You killed it!

jessicado22
06-05-2013, 10:47 AM
amandie -- Thanks :) And yay for workout buddies! I am trying to convince the hubby to do p90x with me just for that reason. So much easier to wimp out if you don't have someone watching you ;)

Seize the day -- yeah, I hate switching scales! Well, I always like it when the new scale is lighter, ha ha. But you're right -- it isn't the actual pounds that matter, it is how you feel. Especially at your size when muscle gain actually means something and can stall your loss a ton!

vdh2102 -- I'll send her your way! Congrats on being ahead of goal! And you can totally resist the cake. Or, if you choose, make room for it, lol. It was my daughter's birthday last week, so I allowed myself a few bites. Not too much a splurge to feel guilty, but I still got some ;)

zoesmom -- CONGRATS!!! That is awesome!

Leaves -- congrats too! I know 20 pounds MUST show at your size. It is probably your mind not allowing you to see the change. and I completely understand.....

because today I also reached goal! Under 210 officially (so I think I am changing my goal to 199). I still don't see a difference at all when I look in the mirror either though. I know I've lost inches, and I can fit into smaller clothes, but I can't tell a difference AT ALL. Even though I've only lost 40 pounds this round, I've actually lost 100 pounds overall.

I used to weigh 310 in 2009. I lost 100 pounds, got to 210, and then fell off the wagon and gained back to 270. Reaching 210 has been a huge goal of mine, but now that I am finally here again -- not seeing a difference is really hard! I think part of the problem is I had another baby inbetween the last time I was 210 and now...and things are not as firm as they used to be, lol. Last time I was 210 I didn't have much of a belly pooch...but this time it is definitely there!

At any rate, we ARE losing. And even if it is slow, or we don't see a difference. It is happening, and is better than going the opposite direction! Those 20 pounds you've lost have to had come from somewhere afterall, even if you can't see it. And so did my 40, lol. ;)

Leaves
06-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Congratulations Jessica!

You're totally right, the pounds have come from somewhere. I think mine have just gone from the places that I don't concentrate on, rather than the more prominent parts! hehe. Good luck for getting to onederland! :)

Warrior
06-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Unfortunately someone has deleted everything on the main part of the spreedsheet but luckily they didn't see the 2 top 10 columns so I have made screencaps of them in case Amandie can't get back to how it was before everything was deleted and in case they find the columns if they go back on the spreedsheet again. So it might be a good idea for everyone to also keep a log of their weight loss in a book or something. :)
So sad that people have to ruin things for others. :mad:

Also sorry to the people who have already put in their weight loss for week seven as the week 7 top 10 columns haven't been done yet so hopefully you guys can remember how much you weighed in as.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s378/Dingo_x/3fc/challenge1_zps0cd1b0ad.png (http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/Dingo_x/media/3fc/challenge1_zps0cd1b0ad.png.html)

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s378/Dingo_x/3fc/challenge2_zpsa9e1ba6d.png (http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/Dingo_x/media/3fc/challenge2_zpsa9e1ba6d.png.html)

Leaves
06-06-2013, 04:24 AM
What an awful thing. I just told the spreadsheet to restore to the last previous point that I could see before the person came along and deleted everything. I hope that will have brought mostly everything back. Looks like they consciously did it line by line, how spiteful!

It makes me sad that if this was done on purpose and maliciously, it's the second unnecessarily spiteful thing I've seen in the last two days :(

amandie
06-06-2013, 05:37 AM
Wow, what the heck did I miss? Thank you so much for restoring it, Leaves! I truly hope it was an accident because honestly? For anyone to actually to do that line by line is just... sad. I wonder if I pi$$ed anyone off, lol? Also, last 2 days? What happened before that if you don't mind my asking.

amandie
06-06-2013, 06:18 AM
A lot of you are doing so great!!! Whooooo!!!! So happy for you all!

:carrot: Way to go, Zoesmom on the 55lbs gone! :carrot:

Congrats on making your goal challenge, Leaves!!! How awesome! :carrot:

Sum38, Congrats on your 2lbs down!

:woohoo: on making goal, Jessicado! :carrot:

Warrior- Thanks for the heads-up with the spreadsheet! You're doing great with this challenge!

2Fat2Jump- How are you doing/feeling now with your neck, etc?

I made a backup copy of the spreadsheet challenge should anyone feel inclined to edit it again. :)

I've been doing okay food and workout-wise. Much better than last week for sure so that's improvement. I just wish I was as vigilant on getting healthier/losing weight as I was at 226 and my restart at 180. At least I am still here trying and this will be the first summer where I will not give up!

I woke up at 330 this am after having gone to bed at 8pm, grrr. Have a great day, everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-06-2013, 07:27 AM
WARRIOR.... I am so sorry.... I clicked on my box and I did not look and overwrote your weight.. MY FAULT... the tabs are 1 line off I appologize I just went back to read the last day of this thread (I am not keeping up like I should) and saw that there was a problem with the thread that you corrected thank you. and now I did you in :( BAD SUE... I am sorry!!

Sum38
06-06-2013, 08:00 AM
REALLY??? Someone was so spiteful to delete it? What is wrong with people??? -- I think it is okay to disagree time to time, but to do something that malicious?

Thanks for restoring it Leaves and amandie making a back up copy.

Makes me really sad!!

Sum38
06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Under "file" there is a option to see revision history...if Amadie feels like doing some digging.

Tibbits2u
06-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Good morning all ! I'm down 2 pounds this week :) . I was almost certain I'd stall or even gain after last weeks 4 pound loss. I'm so happy i didn't ! Wonderful job with the losses so far this week ! congratulations everyone.

vdh2102
06-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Wow, I wonder what happened with the spreadsheet? Hopefully it was an accident and not the work of some mean person. That would be terrible :(!

Congratulations to everyone who had losses this week! I'm proud of all of you and very impressed :D. I would do personal shout outs, but it seems that nearly everyone accomplished something. This group is really rocking it!!

I am trying to not feel too bummed this morning :( -- my weigh-in wasn't great. I was hoping for another big loss since the numbers on the scale really seemed to be going down last week, but it seems like I'm stalling a bit, even though I've been really careful about counting what i eat and taking walks after work. It's especially frustrating since I'm ONE pound away from the 140's, but I guess I'm just hitting a slow spot and am going to have to suck it up and wait it out. Hoping it's temporary! Any tips for jump starting yourself out of a plateau?

Good luck to everybody on weigh-in day :)

seize the day
06-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Wow, it looks like there was a lot of weight loss and a lot of drama over the last few days.

Congrats to:

Tibbits2u, 4 lbs last week and 2 lbs this week? That's amazing!

Zoesmom, I am so impressed with your 55 lb loss, that is phenomenal!

Leaves and jessicado, Congrats on meeting your challenge goals, and in record time! You guys are inspiring!

Sum38, well done on the 2lb loss!

Thanks for everyone who spotted and helped out with the spreadsheet drama, hopefully that won't happen again.

I weighed this morning and was exactly the same as last week. Not thrilled about it. I know it's looked down upon and advised against but I might weigh again when I get home from work... just to see. I had a pretty big meal pretty late last night and I am wondering if that is contributing to my lack of loss (and my excuse for why weighing again later today might be an okay idea...).

In any case, I am finally able to fit into my favorite pair of jeans, so that's one victory :)

zoesmom
06-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm going to write personals a tad later...but thanks for the kudos on the poundages lost. :)

I would like to assume the spreadsheet fiasco was purely accidental. That being said, it has become obvious to me over the last couple of days, I may have too innocent a heart and assume the best of people when they are actually rather two faced and dirty deeded and truly don't deserve to have such a leniency. So, I may very well be wrong. I just would like to hope I am not.

elvislover324
06-06-2013, 02:08 PM
And I must thank Elvis for a whoosh fairy as well. 2 pound loss for the week so far.

I told that witch that she better visit everyone!!! Congrats!!!

And this whole thing about the spreadsheet really makes me angry. There are some rude, spiteful people around here and I'm not sure what their point is. I'd like to think it was an accident but if it has to be done line by line, eff them. This place isn't the same lately. Lots of trolls hiding behind their computer screens.

irish51
06-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Congratulations to all with losses.

The scale seems to be going in the right direction for me, also. (Saying this very quietly, so as not to irritate the scale fairy.) :lol:

JustB1027
06-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Oh my word I am 75% to my goal!!! I cant believe that but I will take it and RUN with it!! Ok maybe just a brisk walk! HA HA HA!!!

Warrior
06-07-2013, 06:00 AM
wannaskipandlaugh: Don't worry about it, it's fine. Thanks so much for telling me. :)

wannaskipandlaugh
06-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Oh WARRIOR...After what happened to the spread sheet and then I did that I just watching this thread to see if I could catch you ... I am so sorry and will watch where I click next time :) GLAD you are down.. That is awesome!

seize the day
06-07-2013, 03:06 PM
So, I weighed later on Thursday night and had the same results... oh well. Hopefully next week will be better for me!

vdh2102
06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Seize the day, I know how you feel, I had a similar experience this week. I guess we just need to keep on truckin' and stay positive. The hard work has to pay off at some point :)

SuperHeroTeacher
06-07-2013, 04:33 PM
My weekly weigh in at Medifast had me down only 0.2 pounds this week. It's a good thing I had measurements today or I'd be seriously depressed.

My measurements at 10 weeks:
Arm -2.15
Chest -3.1
Waist -4.5
Hips -4.25
Thigh -3.4
Total inches lost = 17.8!!! :love:

Take that Mr. Scale -you can't get me down!

Warrior
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
wannaskipandlaugh: Thank you. :hug:
I saw you have gone down as well, congratulations!! It's one of the best feelings ever seeing the number on the scale drop! :carrot:

Going2BeThatGirl
06-08-2013, 09:35 AM
SuperHeroTeacher- Keep up the great job!!

I'm down to 250.2 lbs.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

JustB1027
06-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Everyone is doing so great!!!! I have my weigh in tomorrow but TOM came so I am not expecting much.

jessicado22
06-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I admit, I'm being lazy and don't feel like doing personals this morning, so sorry :o

Too much going on to justify sitting in front of the computer for 20 minutes, lol. But I wanted to at least check in...congrats to all the losses this week everyone (I did at least read posts).

This week has been hard mentally for me, and I've found myself eating alot of stuff I shouldn't have. Last time I hit 210 (which was 100 pounds lost), I fell off the wagon hard and gained back 60 pounds. Just reached 210 again and I can feel myself teetering on the edge. Lots of eating out, and snacking on not so great calorie choices. Last night I had a mental discussion with myself. I am NOT falling off the wagon this time, and whatever weird mental block I have against getting skinnier needs to go away, lol. So last night I ran my ars off on the treadmill and did 3 ten minute miles. I have never ran at 6mph on my treadmill over a few minutes, so a full 1/2 hour was quite an accomplishment for me. And the scale was down another pound today, so feeling slightly more motivated again. I can get past this! So coming back and posting is my way to be accountable (as you can tell I quit posting during my little self sabotage as well).

Hope everyone else is doing great -- whoosh fairies to all!

Oh, and thanks for the efforts to everyone who fixed the weigh ins. I missed the "drama" apparently, but I appreciate everyone who took the time and effort to correct everything, thanks! So many of us rely on the spreadsheet for motivation :)

zoesmom
06-09-2013, 11:58 AM
I admit, I'm being lazy and don't feel like doing personals this morning, so sorry :o

Too much going on to justify sitting in front of the computer for 20 minutes, lol. But I wanted to at least check in...congrats to all the losses this week everyone (I did at least read posts).

Yep. I second this motion. Since mid-May, this has been my life. Don't feel too bad. I get on, i check, I saw kudos to everyone...and hope they know they are in my thoughts...then chase after a very active and hyper 4 year old who is excited that pools are open again. :lol:

tehshort1
06-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Okay So I've been doing better than I thought I would be, so I lowered my goal from 160 to 155. 30 Day Shred is making a difference! yay!

JustB1027
06-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Oh my I was at 284.2 today. I had what I thought was an unreachable goal of 285 by June 16. I got and I got it a week early!!! I am so excited!!! I am sore from working out but I am excited!!!

Leaves
06-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Gah, awful calorie laden weekend for my mum's birthday. I hope the scales are kind to me tomorrow :(

vdh2102
06-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi guys, just checking in. Congratulations to JustB1027 and tehshort1, I'm so jealous that you've already hit your goals! I'm glad for you that all the hard work and dedication has paid off :)

I've been having kind of a hard time the past week or so. It was a week/weekend of indulgences for me, since it was my boyfriend's birthday and we had a huge cake from magnolia (my favorite) and all kinds of other good but bad stuff that I couldn't keep my hands off of. Now my weight is up and I can't tell if I'm just bloated from all the crap I've been eating or if I've actually gained. I can't help feeling pretty disappointed, especially because I was really hoping to make it to the 140's this week. Looks like that may not be happening :(. Going to try my best to get back on the wagon and stay OP this week-- at the rate I'm going now I may not reach my goal for this challenge.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone! I'm just popping in to say I've unofficially met my July 4 goal of 25.1 pounds, but I'm not going to officially post in the spreadsheet until my official Medifast weigh in on Friday.

Keep up the good work everyone! This has been the best challenge I've ever participated in on these threads!

amandie
06-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Way to go, SuperHeroTeacher!!!! So happy for you!

Vdh2102- Just do your best and keep pushing. You WILL see the 140s!!! :)

Leaves- Sodium be the devil!!!! Haha, seriously. I'd avoid the scales for the next few days as well as chugging down a bit of extra water for good measure. :crossed: on a good WI!

Congrats, JustB!!! :carrot: How awesome!

Tehshort1- Whoo-hoo!!! You totally can do it!!

Jessicado- I think that is what happened with me when I hit 164 and now I am between 166-168. I am so bad about avoiding 3FC when I get "bad" too but we're here and we can do it- break through that mental block!

Going2bthatgirl- Whoo-hoo on getting to 250!!!

I am doing okay, staying mostly on track and I haven't gone over half of my WP so :crossed: on a good WI this Thursday if TOM water weight goes. I am also sad right now too I'm sure some of you know that Elvislover324has left 3FC but I am hoping hard that it is just for a little break and she ends up coming back after all. I almost went on a 3FC strike because of her leaving.

I hope everyone else is doing great!

amandie
06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
PS- Delphi!!! Where are you??? Miss you!

JustB1027
06-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I have not hit my July 4th goal just a goal I had from when I first started. Amandie I am secretly hoping that Elvis is lurking and she knows how much we miss her and need her!!

Superhero you really are a superhero!!!

VDH it is probably just from the crap! Drink a lot of water and get in a few good walks and hopefully you will be good to go!

Leaves
06-11-2013, 04:50 AM
I almost went on a 3FC strike because of her leaving.

This!

Thanks for the positive vibes Amandie! Despite birthday dinners, take out pizza and a BBQ I've held 140. Pretty bummed not to be in the 130s yet, but glad it's not gone up! Planning a run and some aerobics before work later and going to get the water as you suggest! Fingers crossed for 139 this week!

Hope everyone has a good day!

amandie
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
:crossed: for 130s for you, Leaves!!! You are right there!

JustB- me too. :)

So I talked about joining a gym with my sister but after doing some research on reviews of the gym she wants to join (planet fitness) and apparently it is okay if you're just gonna be a cardio freak. I looked- there's not much in the way of free weights and most of them only go up to 60lbs, also a lot of them do not allow deadlifting or anything. My lifelong goal is to start lifting/weight training regularly (probably with NROLFW) and I won't get that with this gym. Then again, it's only 10 bucks a month. IDK.

I just don't wanna seem like a flake and I'd love to be her support system but we just don't have the same goals and I do want to have my own "gym" with a workbench, barbell, etc and I can just work out anytime while I have to suit up, bring a towel, etcetc. I should add that I've never joined or gone to a gym before so this may be another reason why I don't really want to join...

Anyway, have a great day all!!

jessicado22
06-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Crappy scale has been going up and down the same freaking pound this past week. I am probably going to weigh in the same tomorrow as I did last week :( I've been losing pretty fast, so I know a plateau is expected, but does not make it any less frustrating when it hits! :(

Hope everyone else has great weigh ins tomorrow. We can do this ladies!

Amandie -- you need a gym that will focus on what you want! Otherwise it won't do you much good to go, lol. I think cardio is pretty easy to get at home (of course I have a treadmill so that helps), so I want my gym to offer lots of strength training too. (I have to wait to get a gym membership again though as I've got a baby that is pretty much attached to me 24/7right now...)

And yeah, where is Delphi?

amandie
06-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Sorry for the delay on the Top 10 pages for week 7!! It's up now. Congratulations to the Top Tenners!!!!!

Thanks, Jessicado! I've decided not to join the gym along with my sister since the gym does not offer much. Hoping you see a drop on the scale tomorrow!!!! :crossed:

Weight is slowly coming back down to 167.

GL to everyone on the WI tomorrow!

IanG
06-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Can't wait to post my weight tomorrow Amandie.

Am I the only guy on the spreadsheet?

SuperHeroTeacher
06-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Can't wait to post my weight tomorrow Amandie.

You've kicked my butt this week Ian! I lost 0.2 pounds. Enough said...

vdh2102
06-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Jessicado, I am exactly where you are right now. Damn plateaus suck!! I've been going back and forth on the same pound for over a week... at least if your weigh in doesn't show a loss tomorrow you can know you aren't alone, :P! And also, need I remind you that you've already met goal way far in advance?! you're doing awesome, don't sweat it.

Leaves
06-13-2013, 05:03 AM
Is there space for me on the plateau boat? Aaah, so frustrating :dizzy:
Crossing fingers that we all get a visit from the woosh fairy soon!

zoesmom
06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
:wave: OH! OH! Let me join the plateau boat! I only dropped .2 pounds after being 100% OP and keeping my exercise regimine the same. :crazy:

Sum38
06-13-2013, 07:57 AM
I lost 0.4 pounds and I am very happy :dance: My new low!!

Jennifer1966
06-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Sum: You go, girl! You are only .2 lbs from this goal!!

2fat2jump
06-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Is there space for me on the plateau boat? Aaah, so frustrating :dizzy:
Crossing fingers that we all get a visit from the woosh fairy soon!

I think the whoosh fairy is in my corner this week. I was genuinely surprised to see I lost 3lbs! I'm expecting a stall out over the next couple of weeks because of TOM, so I'm really happy to have the bigger loss. Woot!

I'll tell the fairy to get her butt over to you guys next week. haha

IanG
06-13-2013, 09:41 AM
You've kicked my butt this week Ian! I lost 0.2 pounds. Enough said...

In the spirit of supporting one another SuperHeroTeacher, yes I did!

Are you just going to take me doing that?

jessicado22
06-13-2013, 10:28 AM
vdh2102 -- I know I've met goal, and I can't complain for plateauing finally after I've been losing so much weight, lol. But I still am every time I get on the scale, ha ha. Sorry you're plateauing too...this totally sucks! Your day will come! :)

Leaves -- and you too! Must be extra frustrating as you are on the edge of a new decade...

zoesmom -- perhaps it's something in the air? On the up side, supposedly when the plateau ends, the weight should come off faster than before for a little bit! In any case, lets all send the plateau fairy on it's way. I think we would all much rather hang out with the whoosh fairy this week instead ;)

Sum38 -- So close -- congrats!!!!!

2fat2jump -- congrats on your loss too!

IanG -- I noticed on the chart you are almost to the 100s....way to freaking go!

Hope everyone else has great weigh ins today...I'm down a pound this week. The scale has literally been going down a pound and up a pound all week (Yes I weigh myself every day so there, ha ha). But at least today when I weighed myself it was actually below another 1/2 pound, so I'll take it! Hopefully that means the plateau is over. I wanna get to to Onederland soooo bad. Then my scale is free to plateau and I won't be in such a hissy over it, lol. ;)

seize the day
06-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Congrats to everyone who lost, and to everyone who has already met their goal!

I feel like I've been trapped in the plateau boat for a while now, losing less than .5 lbs a week (if that). This week I'm down 1lb and I feel great about it!

Hopefully this is a trend that will continue. For those of you on the plateau boat, stay strong! You can out last the plateau!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-14-2013, 12:40 AM
In the spirit of supporting one another SuperHeroTeacher, yes I did!

Are you just going to take me doing that?

Hahahahahaha! I'm only taking it because I know you'll whisper sweet things to that gatekeeper of One-derland about me so she'll sweetly step aside and let me waltz through in a month or two :D

Leaves
06-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Oh man, a more positive 139 weigh-in, if only it weren't a day late! Better late than never though, woo!

Bit of an odd feeling that this is potentially my last 'new' decade. I'm not sure what I'm going to call goal yet, we'll see! :)

Warrior
06-14-2013, 05:33 AM
Oh man, a more positive 139 weigh-in, if only it weren't a day late! Better late than never though, woo!

Bit of an odd feeling that this is potentially my last 'new' decade. I'm not sure what I'm going to call goal yet, we'll see! :)

Congratulations on getting into the 130's! :) - even if it is a day late.

Desperately wanting to be 69.9 kg (154.1 lbs) or lower next Thursday! My weight keeps fluctuating between 70.2 - 70.9 kg (154.7 - 156.3 lbs). :(

loganandlivsmom
06-14-2013, 08:55 AM
I made my personal graduation goal (my son's HS grad day) of 250-I hit 249. Afterwards I started slacking off, not watching my intake like I should and the weight is coming back on!! :( ((I wanted to report the bad and not just the good.)) Today I was 253. I am not thrilled with it but I see it as a temporary weight. I am going to get out and be active this weekend and get back to 249 in no time! I dont see how I will get my original goal of 240 for July 4th in just 3 weeks but will get it in gear and hopefully be at least lower than 249!
Happy Father's Day to the Dad's out there. (It's my birthday on father's day-I was also born on dad's day a million years ago) LOL

jessicado22
06-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Congrats seize the day and leaves on breaking plateau! Must be working for all of us, because I was down 2 pounds today. Hopefully this is the end of plateaus for awhile for us all! Including you too Warrior, no more plateau for you either!

loganandlivsmom - sorry to hear about the relapse and gain, but at least you caught it sooner than later! Still plenty of time to get back to 249 :) Also, I know for me that when I cheat the scale will jump up a bunch for a little bit (sodium? not sure why), but as soon as I get my rear in gear, those extra few pounds drop again. Hopefully some of your pounds gained will go away quickly! And Happy Birthday!

Not much new here. Just so thankful the scale has finally moved and hopes it stays that way tomorrow, ha ha. I worked my butt off yesterday running and everytime I wanted to quit, I just thought about the scale staying the same and how hard that has been. So nice to see the drop today and makes that running a little less horrible :)

vdh2102
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Jessicado, I'm really glad for you that you've broken through your plateau!! What a relief... best feeling ever, right?!

loganandlivsmom, good for you for getting back on the wagon. We ALL have our slip-ups sometimes, we are human after all. What matters in the end is that you get right back on track and don't give up. You'll be back in the 240's in no time, I just know it :)

Hopefully my plateau will be over soon like some of yours... I realized today that it is TOM, so I'm hoping that that is what is to blame for the stalling. I have my fingers cross for a woosh in a couple days when this is over!! Then again, I'm going on vacation to visit my family in southwest VA for a week starting tomorrow, so I'm sure staying OP is going to be more of a challenge. Going to try though, wish me luck.

Good job everyone and congratulations!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-14-2013, 01:18 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL - GOAL!!!

At my Medifast weigh in is morning I'm down to 223.3 - 2.7 pounds past my July 4 goal!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

IanG
06-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Congrats SuperHeroTeacher. You are a darn fast loser. So you need to start pushing out those goals a little!

Now race me on who can lose the most by the 4th! I need a challenge from a loser like you.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Congrats SuperHeroTeacher. You are a darn fast loser. So you need to start pushing out those goals a little!

Now race me on who can lose the most by the 4th! I need a challenge from a loser like you.
We're on Ian!

What's your final goal weight - do you have one? My next long-term goal after this July 4 challenge is to hit ONE-derland by my birthday, October 1. Depending on how much more you have to lose we could race this too? I don't want you to whither away to nothing...

IanG
06-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks SuperHeroTeacher. My initial goal after ONE-derland will be 170lbs. That is what my doctor suggested. I would like to make that in August.

October is way too long for you to reach ONE-derland. You lose faster than me, so be ambitious! I think you will get there in August too!

So, let's do that.

You to ONE-derland. Me to 170lbs. In August (not October!!!!!!!!).

SuperHeroTeacher
06-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Thanks SuperHeroTeacher. My initial goal after ONE-derland will be 170lbs. That is what my doctor suggested. I would like to make that in August.

October is way too long for you to reach ONE-derland. You lose faster than me, so be ambitious! I think you will get there in August too!

So, let's do that.

You to ONE-derland. Me to 170lbs. In August (not October!!!!!!!!).

Only for you Ian! ONE-derland or 170 in August!

jessicado22
06-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Hello ladies and gent :)

vdh2102 -- Hope your plateau ends soon too! Of course, TOM is sure to be the culprit, so I'm sure it will be over soon :) I am so thankful I don't have that to contend with right now (breastfeeding has it's perks, ha ha).

SuperHeroTeacher -- CONGRATS!!!! So neat to see so many people reaching their goal. April doesn't seem that long ago now, but I remember signing up and my goal and July 4th seemed SO far away. Now it's here and that weight is gone! :)

And you and Ian are cracking me up :) I'm making my goal by August too (the END of August, lol). Although I expect to lose slower, so perhaps I should make it 185 by the end of August. Aw, what the heck, I'll join you two and say 174 it is.

Down another pound today, so plateau is officially over. Yay! What was I even whining about again? ;) Only 6 more pounds until ONEDERLAND!!!

Whoosh fairies to everyone else! :)

amandie
06-15-2013, 11:50 AM
SuperHeroTeacher- Congrats on making goal!!! You and IanG crack me up.

Loganandlivsmom- I did the same thing when I saw 164, slacked off and got back up to 167, grrr. You are right- it is definitely a temporary weight though!

Way to go, Leaves!!!! So happy for you!

Congratulations on your new personal low, Sum!!!!

:crossed: on 154 or lower for you, Warrior!

Good luck, vdh2102!

Happy for you, Jessicado!!!

I am slowly getting back to 164- I was 165.6 yesterday! Happy! Have a great weekend, everyone!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone! Sorry to hijack the thread with our competitive banter! :D

Thanks for joining us in our race to August jessicado, I have a feeling Ian's going to kick my butt on this one!

Sum38
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL - GOAL!!!

At my Medifast weigh in is morning I'm down to 223.3 - 2.7 pounds past my July 4 goal!!!

AWESOME! Congrats!

Sum38
06-15-2013, 06:35 PM
SHT and Ian I am looking forward to your "battle"! I hope to be at normal BMI by August 4th :yikes: Lots of good goals happening in August :love:

IanG
06-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Dang! SuperHeroTeacher and Jessicado? They are two crazy fast losers. This is going to be insane. There will be so much weight loss going on that the tires will be smokin'!

jessicado22
06-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Sweet....the race is on ;)

And on that note, 204 today!!! Onederland is sooooooooo close! And I'm okay with plateaus now if it means the weight falls off this fast once they're done, yay!

IanG
06-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Good luck with ONE-derland Jessicado. It has been far trickier for me than I thought. I hope you don't have to go through the gains and stalls I have had in the last few pounds!

Anyway, I'm thinking ONE-derland for me tomorrow!

jessicado22
06-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Thanks...I've been here before (well got to 208). Gained 70 pounds back and then stalled for almost 4 years! No good reason either....I just quit. Felt myself having some mental battle this time too when I got to 209. I could feel myself starting to cheat and coming up with excuses. Funny how I kinda expect something to go wrong now. Like I will stall for eternity or something. I really don't expect to see anything below 200 on my scale ever, which doesn't even make any sense! Minds are weird things....

Not sure what that is, but we need to get past it! You are SOOOO close! You can totally do it by tomorrow.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-17-2013, 01:07 PM
You can do it too Jessicado! We're here cheering you on!!!

2fat2jump
06-18-2013, 12:21 AM
:cheer: :cheer: Cheering you in to ONE-derland IanG and Jessicado! :cheer: :cheer: So happy for your success!

Jessica, I know exactly what you mean about a mental battle. I did the exact same thing! About 4 years ago I lost 40lbs and got to 298. I was so excited about getting into the 200ís I began to cheat here and there, feeling like I could somehow get away with it now that I was no longer in the 300ís. Well, little by little all the weight came back (plus more) and I had regained 70lbs. I chose 337 as my 4th of July goal weight because it is one pound under the original weight I started at 4 years ago. The closer I get to that number the more I seem to struggle with slipping back into old habits. Iím going to get past it though just like youíre going to get into One-derland! :D

There are a few regular screen names I havenít seen around the board the past few days. Hope theyíre doing alright or are out there lurking. ;)

amandie
06-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Congrats on One-derland, Ian!!!!

Jessica and 2Fat2Jump- You both can TOTALLY do it!!!

Well, checkin' in! Like I posted in another thread, I kinda avoided posting on 3FC a bit (I definitely lurked, though!!! ;)) since I had nothing good/new to report- same ol', same ol' 165/166. Entirely my fault though, I have been loosely tracking in my head instead of on my app or computer like I usually do and I have not really keeping up with the workouts either.

One day at a time!!!! I just need to buckle down and DO IT.

Leaves
06-18-2013, 04:30 AM
ahh, missed this place so much while the whole Malware thing was going on. Hope that's fixed now!

Ian- just saw your onederland post, congratulations!! And good luck to you too Jessicado, you can totally smash this! :)

Amandie- right there with you on the workout slacking. I've been stalling for a bit, so yesterday did a crazy 1+hour dance/aerobics session of some of my favourite youtube vids and saw some movement this morning. woo! Hope you can get back on track!

zoesmom
06-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Congrats on One-derland, Ian!!!!

Jessica and 2Fat2Jump- You both can TOTALLY do it!!!

Well, checkin' in! Like I posted in another thread, I kinda avoided posting on 3FC a bit (I definitely lurked, though!!! ;)) since I had nothing good/new to report- same ol', same ol' 165/166. Entirely my fault though, I have been loosely tracking in my head instead of on my app or computer like I usually do and I have not really keeping up with the workouts either.

Yep...I can say the exact same. Except my weight is more along the lines of 236

2fat2jump
06-18-2013, 08:28 AM
I've been struggling this week too, but more with food than exercise. It's the week before TOM and I've been having cravings through the roof. Yesterday I stopped at McDonald's on the way home with every intention of getting an oreo mcflurry. But somehow at the last second I convinced myself to order a small plain iced coffee. Ice cream it was not, but I saved myself about 350 calories. Can't wait for these cravings to be over!

thnknthin1
06-18-2013, 09:04 AM
I need to get back into this challenge. I didn't even put my weight down last week....was out of town camping and also my weight hasn't changed. Seems my weight goes up a pound or two and back down. Tired of this seesaw action!

seize the day
06-18-2013, 11:04 AM

I've been lazy about tracking too, and two days ago, my weight went up a 1/2 lb. I know I can get it back down by Thurs, it just means getting back to tracking and not letting myself slide. Fingers crossed we can both do better with our tracking and diligence from this point on!

ahh, missed this place so much while the whole Malware thing was going on. Hope that's fixed now!

I do too! My computer was freaking out!

I need to get back into this challenge. I didn't even put my weight down last week....was out of town camping and also my weight hasn't changed. Seems my weight goes up a pound or two and back down. Tired of this seesaw action!

I feel like I'm never 100% sure my weight has really "changed" until I can stabilize the lower weight for a week or so. Seesawing is no fun. But you can get past it.

I've been struggling this week too, but more with food than exercise. It's the week before TOM and I've been having cravings through the roof. Yesterday I stopped at McDonald's on the way home with every intention of getting an oreo mcflurry. But somehow at the last second I convinced myself to order a small plain iced coffee. Ice cream it was not, but I saved myself about 350 calories. Can't wait for these cravings to be over!

Congrats on the coffee victory! Small changes like this really do make a big difference :)

amandie
06-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Definitely a huge victory, 2Fat2Jump. I don't think I would have changed my order, you're awesome!!!

Zoesmom, Thnknthin1, SeizeTheDay- we can do it!!!! No more see-sawing- just break through it. :)

I saw 164.6 this am, yay!!! :carrot:

Leaves
06-19-2013, 05:33 AM
Congrats Amandie!

I'm hoping for a good 138 tomorrow, but it's my grandma's birthday this weekend and she's taking my family out for a meal. It's pub food, and man everything is deep fried! Also one of those places with 'big plate specials', which I have actually gone for, as the normal plate veggie options were things like cheese and potato pie but my choice is veggie skewers with piri piri sauce. Swapped out the fries for a salad too. gah, hope the sodium doesn't get me!

Is it just me, or has Elvis weighed in this week? Cooeee Elvis, miss you! :(

amandie
06-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Leaves- Thanks! Gah, sodium! I'd drink a bit of extra water just for good measure and maybe avoid the scale or use your weight from today? Whatever you'd prefer! :)

2fat2jump
06-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Amandie, congrats on your loss!!! It seemed like that 166/165 number had been taunting you. Glad you kicked it to the curb! Haha

Leaves, whenever I know I have a higher caloric meal ahead, I’ll eat a smaller amount of calories the day before and/or the day after I’ll work out a little bit more. Not sure if that’s the best way to handle it but it seems to work for me. Happy birthday to your Grandma! Enjoy your day.

P.S. I miss Elvis too. I hope she’s doing well.

Hard to believe there are only 2 weeks left until the 4th of July. I can’t believe how fast this challenge has gone.

amandie
06-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks, 2Fat2Jump! I sent you a PM.

Feels like yesterday, I just set this challenge up. Time really flies!!! :)

zoesmom
06-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks, 2Fat2Jump! I sent you a PM.

:rofl: oh how flies on walls appear sometimes!

zoesmom
06-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Do I HAVE to weigh tomorrow? :( I KNOW I have gained...I just don't know how much. Oh...the horror....

jessicado22
06-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey ladies, not enough time for an official check in. Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone whoosh fairies for the weigh in tomorrow! I should be able to make an official post tomorrow as well. :)

Warrior
06-19-2013, 09:56 PM
It's TOM so I've decided not to weigh in this week.
I'm just going to put in the same weight as last week - because if I put a dash it will annoy me - I hate seeing blank spaces.

Leaves
06-20-2013, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the whoosh fairy Jessicado, 'cause this morning I weighed in a little under 138! Looks like my recent cardio boost has really paid off :D

Hoping for fabulous weigh-ins for all you others! You can do it :)

zoesmom
06-20-2013, 08:23 AM
I am so not weighing today. I have decided I am extending my scale break from a few days to a week or longer. I wasn't completely OP last weekend due to ovarian cysts having a grand old time with my body, so I carb loaded and didn't exercise. I am back on track now, but I'd rather not know the damage from last week. I know me. It will only depress me, which will derail me. So, better to not know, stay on track, and check in next week. :)

thnknthin1
06-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Same here.....not weighing in today. Had really fattening food the other night at the ballgame and still trying to get rid of that extra water weight. So I will wait till next week to record my weight!

Have a great day!

jessicado22
06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Hiya ladies and gent :)

Hope everyone has smashing weigh ins today. And for those who don't -- you'll kick rear next week!

2fat2jump -- We can do it! Whatever this mental block is, we can get through it this time. I know this is all too exhausting to continue to do over and over again! No more slipping into old habits :) And congrats on the iced coffee over ice cream! I hate those TOM cravings....blech.

amandie, zoesmom, seize the day and thnknthin1 -- ladies, you got this! I know that I am amazed sometimes when I use fitday and see how many calories stuff adds up to be. It really is a lifesaver!

Ha ha, well guess I spoke too soon - amandie, congrats on breaking through!!! So close to those 150s!

Leaves -- 138... Holy crap that is awesome!!! Even in my wildest dreams I don't ever dream of being 138. You are doing so awesome!

zoesmom -- That's a really positive outlook (not weighing in this week). Sometimes it is better not to know...and hopefully next week will rock so you have that to look forward too!

As for me, apparently that plateau felt really sorry for me this week, because I am down to 202! Freaking 202! That is 7 pounds this week! I wouldn't believe it, except the scale did say 203 yesterday, and I weighed myself twice this morning and both times it said 201.8. Tried on my goal pants today, and I can get them on and zipped! (We won't talk about the muffin top, lol). Come on Onederland...here I come!

Speaking of which -- CONGRATS IAN on reaching that 199!!!! Freaking awesome!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Wow Jessicado! You are really doing awesome!

amandie
06-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Wow, Jessica- You're doing fantastic!!! You're catching up to Mr. One-derland! ;) Thanks, it was such a nice surprise this am especially I had rice boiled in broth and a lotta salt last night for dinner.

Totally understandable, Zoesmom and Thnknthin1!

LOL, Warrior- that's why I put dashes on there because the blank ones just annoy me as well!! :D hehe

Darcey (Originally I typed in SuHeTe but it sounds really weird so opted not to, LOL) You are doing so great!!!! Almost outta the 2-teens! Whoo-hoo!

Keep up the great work, everyone and don't give up, just keep pushing through. :)

2fat2jump
06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Jessica! Holy Cow! That is so great! Your perseverance paid off and you are destroying what is left of the 200's. Way to go! :trampo:

Sum38
06-23-2013, 08:18 AM
I met my goal. 150 pounds this am...now the race is on to see how low can I go :D

:dance: GOAL :dance:

SuperHeroTeacher
06-23-2013, 08:34 PM
:celebrate::congrat::celebrate:

Way to go Sum!!!

amandie
06-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Yay, Sum!!!! Happy for you!!!! :carrot:

2fat2jump
06-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Whoo hoo, Sum!!! Way to go!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

seize the day
06-25-2013, 04:47 PM
I missed weigh in last week because I went to my BF's family reunion (which entailed his cousin's wedding and his grandparents' anniversary party) let's just say, I didn't stick to my diet or my workout plan.... very nervous to weigh in this week. Going to weigh in tonight, and see how far off I am from my Thursday goal... hopefully not too terribly far.

We are so close to the end, and I really wish I had put in a bit more effort at the start.

Congrats to everyone who made goal already and those of you who are dangerously close!

jessicado22
06-26-2013, 11:52 AM
First of all, thanks for the encouragement everyone! This last week has been kinda hard mentally for me. So that meant alot!

Sum38 -- CONGRATS!!! That is awesome :)

seize the day - hope your weigh in goes well. I am planning on camping in a few weeks, and not staying OP...so I am already dreading what the scale says when I come back, lol. Of course maybe that dread will help me stay a little more OP than I plan too, lol.

As for me.....ONEDERLAND today! 198.8 today. Whoopee! Funny though, I still don't feel I look any different than when I started. The hubby tells me I look great and I know I'm smaller, but I just feel like I'm slightly smaller -- but I have just as many rolls and fat. I guess when I started, I imagined 199 as a magic number where the fat would be gone, lol. Probably because last time I was 199, I was younger, firmer and I hadn't had a second child. Now things are a little saggier, lol. Need to pick up on that strength training to firm up!

I honestly think the whole mindset is part of my sabotaging myself. Refusing to acknowledge the progress so I can just give up and go back to how things used to be. Many parts of me like not working out and eating whatever I want, lol. But I want to focus on the parts that like being healthy, and enjoy shopping in the "normal" size clothes section.

Speaking of which, another goal met today -- I'm in my goal pants! They are a pair of Jessica Simpson size 14 jeans I bought 4 years ago when I lost weight the first time. I got to my smallest size (209) and could barely fit into these. Bought them, and didn't even remove the tag as I started gaining weight right afterwards. I kept them all these years as my goal pants again, even though part of me didn't think I would ever get this small again. Last month I couldn't even get them over my rear. Then I could get them up, but not buttoned. Then buttoned but not zipped. Then buttoned and zipped, but muffin top out the kazoo. And now they are on and fit! I am going to wear them in public today. So huge NSV for me :)

Hope everyone else has great weigh ins tomorrow. One more week ladies and gent!!!!

zoesmom
06-26-2013, 11:58 AM
:hug: OH MY GOD JESS - I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

seize the day
06-26-2013, 12:23 PM
So, I was up 1.2 lbs from my last weigh in. I'm thinking it might just be bloating/water weight from the binging and long weekend. I'm going to try and stay on track from this point on til the end of the challenge and see if I can't get down what I gained back, and hopefully another lb or 2.

My bf bought tickets for us to go to a show Thurs night (normally a gym night for me) so I won't be able to weigh in again until Fri or so. I am going to record my current weight on the spreadsheet, and hopefully I will be down 2 lbs for next week!

jessicado22 - Congrats! that is a huge accomplishment. Have fun camping! Even if dieting is hard while on vacation, at least with camping there are lots of opportunities for long walks, bike rides, etc.

2fat2jump
06-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Whooo hoooo!! Amazing news, Jessica! I am so happy for you! Getting to One-derland is a huge accomplishment, and being able to fit in to your goal jeans is the cherry on top. You earned this, enjoy strutting your stuff today.

2fat2jump
06-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Sooooooo not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. I can feel the water on me. Hoping I don't have a gain, but it is what it is. Already focused on next week.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-27-2013, 01:49 AM
Congrats on one-derland Jessicado!!!

Leaves
06-27-2013, 04:27 AM
WOOHOO JESSICADO! Congratulations :hug: Hope onederland feels fabulous!

One week to go and I've met my revised goal today! Can I beat another pound by next week? I hope so, but I've woken up with a sniffle today :( Mustn't let it get me down!

zoesmom
06-27-2013, 08:04 AM
236.1 today :) So...down...slightly....after my one week of carb loading and non-exercising :D

Sum38
06-27-2013, 08:10 AM
JESSICADO!!! Woot!! Congrats!!

2fat2jump
06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
1.2lbs down for the week. I'll take it.

thnknthin1
06-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Congratulations Jessicado!!! :carrot: Hitting Onederland is one of the best feelings!!

I'm at 175.4 this morning which means......I hit my 4th of July goal already!! I had to go back to find my goal, couldn't remember what it was :)

Onwards and downwards!! :carrot:

Tibbits2u
06-27-2013, 11:03 AM
hey guys !
can you all belive were heading into our last week? time sure does fly huh? sorry i havent been around too much..for the last 2 weeks weeks I've been dealing with a "stall" so i've just been trying to not think about it. However today it happened the scale moved and I've reached my revised goal of 150 pounds...thats 17 pounds gone in 10 weeks ..not too bad if i say so myself !
i still 30 more to go though, not sure if i'll make it but i think it'll be cool to be able to say..I lost 200 pounds.

seize the day
06-27-2013, 11:52 AM
One week to go and I've met my revised goal today! Can I beat another pound by next week? I hope so, but I've woken up with a sniffle today :( Mustn't let it get me down!

You can do it! take care of your sniffle (tea and tissues!) and don't give up :)

236.1 today :) So...down...slightly....after my one week of carb loading and non-exercising :D

Congrats :) I love it when a relaxed week still produces positive results.

1.2lbs down for the week. I'll take it.

That's awesome! Well done :)

I'm at 175.4 this morning which means......I hit my 4th of July goal already!! I had to go back to find my goal, couldn't remember what it was :)

Onwards and downwards!! :carrot:

Congratulations! And a week early too :)

hey guys !
can you all belive were heading into our last week? time sure does fly huh? sorry i havent been around too much..for the last 2 weeks weeks I've been dealing with a "stall" so i've just been trying to not think about it. However today it happened the scale moved and I've reached my revised goal of 150 pounds...thats 17 pounds gone in 10 weeks ..not too bad if i say so myself !
i still 30 more to go though, not sure if i'll make it but i think it'll be cool to be able to say..I lost 200 pounds.

You will be able to say it ;) Congrats on meeting your revised goal! 17 lbs in 10 weeks is a huge accomplishment!

Good luck for everyone who is weighing in later on today! :)

thnknthin1
06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks seize the day!

Tibbits2u Wow! You are down 170 pounds!! That is nothing short of amazing!!

amandie
06-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Congratulations to those who made goal!!!!!!!

Yay on Onederland, Jessica!!!

Tibbits2u- That would be cool to say you lost 200lbs but please don't kill yourself trying to get there!

162.2 this am and 161.6 after mowing the grass but that's just from sweating/water loss! I say I reached my 10%!!!! I'm not going to let that .2 stop me! ;)

Keep up the great work, ladies AND Ian!

Leaves
06-28-2013, 05:40 AM
You can do it! take care of your sniffle (tea and tissues!) and don't give up :)

I immediately thought about dunking tissues in my tea when I read this! Lol. Thanks though, feeling a bit better today after a good sleep and a decongestant :)

Wowee, we have some fabulous losers in this thread! Big congratulations to everyone :D Can you all believe how far you've come since the first week of this challenge? I know I can't!

Warrior
06-28-2013, 05:46 AM
So I weighed in at 69.3 kg (152.7 pounds) couldn't be more pleased, because now I'm no longer overweight!!!! :carrot: And also I have been wanting to get out of the 70s for aaaaages! As I said last week for quite a few weeks my weight has been fluctuating between about 70.2 - 70.9 and I finally broke it!! :) Now i'm just hoping that my weight doesn't go back up to 70 kg kind of scared to get back on the scale....

wannaskipandlaugh
06-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Oh I wish I was farther along... BUT It is cool to see how far I have come and WOW for everyone else! :D to you all! Just think where we were! NOW is MUCH Better!!!

jessicado22
06-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Warrior -- that is awesome -- CONGRATS!!!! I can't even imagine noe being considered overweight by modern labels. Even when I was slender I was still "overweight". So you are rocking!

thnknthin1 -- Yay! W2G. Your profile pic looks awesome, and considering you are at the weight I want to get to, that is really inspiring for me :)

Tibbits2u -- Yay for you too! I cannot even imagine going from 320 to 150. That is amazing. I started out at 310 originally, and I would love to get to 155, just so I can say I lost half my body weight. However, I don't think I could ever get that small with my frame. But perhaps when I reach my 174 goal, I'll be up for the challenge! At any rate, even if you are not able to healthily reach your 200 goal, you have already lost over half your weight, and that is totally awesome in itself.

Kinda in a rush this morning, so a general congrats to everyone else with losses, and hope we all kick it in the last week!

As for me, was kinda bummed as I got on the stupid scale yesterday and it was up to 201. No good reason, I was OP the day before. Was OP yesterday too, but then last night was our first day in a year without our oldest (the 6 year old went to stay with grandparents). The hubby and I decided to celebrate with a movie and popcorn (which is my favorite food in the world BTW). I try not to eat late and night, but last night at 9 I made homemade popcorn, and although not a ton, I did use butter and salt. This morning I weighed myself (I know I shouldn't have) and it was up to 204. I almost threw a hissy fit right there in the bathroom before I convinced myself that it is just water weight (most likely) and it will go away. Still hard to see though, lol.

I can still feel myself struggling mentally. 199 was my goal for so long. Years and years, and now that I've reached it I can feel myself wanting to go back to old behaviors...So weird how weight loss is a struggle emotionally as well as physically. I do NOT want to go back to my old habits. I have already lost and gained too many times. I have kids and want to be healthy and a good mom, and a grandma. So, hoping I can work past the mental part and get my butt in gear for my next goal. And water weight, go away!

thnknthin1
06-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks Jessicado! I believe I took that pic about 10lbs ago. That top is now pretty loose :) Maybe in about 5 more lbs I'll take another and update my pic. :)

You're doing awesome and you'll be there in no time!

amandie
06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Less than 1 week to go!!! Ahhhhh!!!! Make the best of it, guys! I think this would be my first challenge where I actually kept up with posts (well most of the time! Heh.)

I also love that it kinda kept me accountable but I've noticed some challenges where OP starts it and just disappears along the way and I did not want to be one of them (not targeting anyone here!)

I am considering another challenge from 4th of July to Halloween but first I wanna see how many of you are game! ;)

Sum38
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I am in! I may not post a lot, but read a lot and definitely weigh in! Halloween would mean GOAL or near goal to me :eek: LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Katydid77
06-28-2013, 11:59 AM
I am considering another challenge from 4th of July to Halloween but first I wanna see how many of you are game! ;)

I would be in! I've been lurking in this challenge for the last half, but never jumped in b/c it was a bit late.

I'd love to get in on one right at the start.

Also that ties in well, with trying to finish up the Summer strong and head into the Fall with good mojo.

SuperHeroTeacher
06-28-2013, 11:25 PM

Oh please do! This has been my favorite challenge ever!!!

ange82much
06-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Amandie you're a great challenge coordinator and motivator. I've lost all the weight on my ticker during this challenge and I've increased my running distance and got faster. What more could I ask for.

This challenge was perfect as it took me up to my holidays (July 7), but a Halloween one would also be perfect for me as it ties in most of the way with a weight loss comp at work which finishes end of November.

So YES, I'll sign up for another! (as long as you can promise me the same success as this one!) I haven't posted a lot but have enjoyed everyone else's updates, so thank you and well done to everyone else that has been in this challenge too.

jessicado22
06-29-2013, 02:39 AM
I would love another challenge! I actually joined another one starting June 1st, but I was bummed because I love the spreadsheet for this one, and the people here are awesome, and Amandie you are a great coordinator! I have a high school reunion coming up at the end of August, so I need all the motivation I can to be a little fitter!!

So....went on a trip today with the hubby. He bribed me with a blended chai in the morning as we started out. (I LOVE blended chais. I don't drink coffee, but I obsess over blended chai. And not the healthy spicy kind with mostly water. No, I like mine very creamy with lots of sugar. I would drink 1 almost every day. Always stopping at kiosks on the road, or buying the mixes to make at home. Those things are like 500-600 calories at least! Anyways, when I started trying to lose weight back in April, I decided to take a 3 month hiatus from blended chais. 3 months will be up in July, and I am proud to say I have only cheated a few times).

Soooo, now that that is all summed up -- the hubby bribed me with a chai today. Told me I looked great, and as I had reached my goal and it was almost July, he'd treat me. I was excited all last night. Was excited this morning imagining my delicious chai. Also excited because we were going out to eat

...Then I started thinking about how I sabotaged my weight loss last time. And how horrible I felt on the scale this morning when it went with water weight. How would I feel when it went up from actual fat? So I made myself a fruit salad and ate that instead. The hubby still stopped at a kiosk for his blended coffee (the *******, lol). And I STILL didn't get one! So, very large NSV for me. Even with going out to eat (of which I am proud to say I made much better decisions than I intended) I still stayed on point today. It was SOOOOO hot today, and I was tired with all of our running around, but I still got on the treadmill and ran my 5K. And then did the crunches, squats and pushups from the Biggest Loser Challenge on here this week.

Just realizing that I'm feeling proud of myself, instead of guilty (which is what I thought I would be feeling this evening) as I get ready to go to bed tonight. That is pretty nice! :)

Warrior
06-29-2013, 06:20 AM
jessicado22: Thank you so much!! :) You have come so far in this challenge. 37 lbs that's seriously incredible! :) And also congrats for not having that Blended Chai - we all know how hard it is to turn down your favourite drink or food ESPECIALLY when a family member or friend are offering you it. Whenever that happens to me I just have to remember how sad I get when the numbers on the scale go up and how amazing I feel when I see the numbers go down. :) Keep up the amazing work! :hug:

Amandie: I would definitely join, loving this challenge!! Please do one! :D

2fat2jump
06-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Amandie you're a great challenge coordinator and motivator.

Here! Here! I agree. Very grateful to have you setting up these challenges, amandie. The accountability has been incredibly helpful to me. Halloween is a perfect end date for the next challenge because it is my 30th birthday! How is that for a scary Halloween? :sklol: lol I'm hoping to be under 300 by then. It would be a great birthday present.

Jessica, I am so proud of you! I'm glad you turned down the chai at least until you're in a better place mentally with your weight loss. I say this because I'm a known self-saboteur especially after hitting a goal, and I wish that behavior on no one!

One of the habits I've been working on is not celebrating with food. It was very common for me last time I lost to think "hey, I lost 40lbs. I deserve that ice cream sundae." The problem was this way of thinking continued and snowballed to the point where I gained so much weight back I threw in the towel.

I've been consciously trying to break the emotional connection I have with food, so I don't fall back into the same trap. Now if I want something every once in a while like a 500 calorie starbucks (green frappachino's are my fav) than I'll budget it in to my day ahead of time. I try to detach it in my mind as a treat or reward. It's just an every once in a while high caloric food that requires some fandangling of my calories. No big deal. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me. haha

vdh2102
06-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi guys-- I've been MIA for a couple weeks so haven't been posting (vacation, job transition, etc), but I've been reading and weighing in.

Jessicado I read through all your posts from when I was gone and I really have to congratulate you. You've surpassed your goal, made it to one-derland, and it sounds like apart from losing the actual weight, you also are developing an awesome mindset about everything. Congratulations on turning down that chai! I feel like the moment when you envision how you will feel on the scale later when you're deciding what to eat (or not to eat) is a huge motivator. I bet this will be a permanent change for you.

Amandie-- please please please do another challenge for Halloween!! This challenge really made me stick to my diet and goals this time. Without this community I'm not sure I would've maintained the motivation to keep going!

Speaking of which, I hit goal this morning for the first time -- 147. My weight always fluctuates a bit before settling on a number, so i'm not counting it just yet, but it's looking like I will actually have met my goal by the end of this challenge next Thursday!! Woohoo! When I would go on diets when I was in the 180s and 170s, I always dreamed of being in the 140s (lowest I've ever been-- haven't been there since middle school), but never really believed that I could make it that low, so I wouldn't even allow myself to get my hopes up. And now I finally did it! It feels really good to know that I accomplished something I thought impossible, and it makes me have faith that I might actually meet my ultimate goal in the near future. The only thing that sucks is that I imagined I would be so much thinner looking at this weight but when I look in the mirror I feel like I haven't changed at all, and I'm still pretty much wearing the same sized clothes, except my bras, which are now too big. The only thing that seems to be shrinking is my boobs!! Hopefully once I get down to goal things will settle and redistribute themselves again.....

Good luck on the last week everybody!!

zoesmom
06-29-2013, 06:36 PM
OH PLEASE!! That would be PERFECT for my anniversary!

JustB1027
06-30-2013, 10:31 PM
A Halloween challenge would also be perfect for my birthday!!! I can not believe that I not only met my goal I passed it by 5.6 pounds!!!

jessicado22
07-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone! Funny thing is that I am officially "allowed" to have my goal chai tomorrow (it'll have been 3 months), but I was thinking today -- well maybe I'll just get a smoothie instead, lol. (Although you have to be careful because so many of those kiosks use mixes that are just as sugary as a chai!). I thought that was funny though because I have been focusing on this moment for months, and now that it is here I am debating it ha ha.

2fat2jump -- kinda goes with what you are saying about learning to celebrate without food. I like the idea of just incorporating it into your daily food calories anyway!

vdh2102 -- CONGRATS!!!! That is awesome. I am sure you MUST be smaller that when you were in the 170s. There is no way you lost 30 pounds in just your ta-tas! Even if you are still wearing the same clothes, they must be fitting you differently.

JustB1027 -- Congrats on passing your goal too :)

As for me, the scale was down to 196 today so I think I will officially accept that I am in Onederland. Crazy! It's been staying around 198/199 the past few days, so that was too close for comfort, lol.

ange82much
07-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Thanks everyone! Funny thing is that I am officially "allowed" to have my goal chai tomorrow (it'll have been 3 months), but I was thinking today -- well maybe I'll just get a smoothie instead, lol. (Although you have to be careful because so many of those kiosks use mixes that are just as sugary as a chai!). I thought that was funny though because I have been focusing on this moment for months, and now that it is here I am debating it.

Why not write yourself a credit note for one - then you can have it when you're craving a treat?!

2fat2jump
07-02-2013, 01:18 PM
I have a million and one things to do today and I am totally procrastinating. I have a house full of people coming tomorrow. My family is coming in from out of state and will be staying the week.

I was thinking of taking a break on weight loss and doing a maintenance week after my final challenge weigh-in on the 4th. I'm nervous about staying OP while playing hostess, especially because my family are unhealthy eaters. My plan is to focus on my calories and keep them in check. In the past I've always gained a couple of pounds when my family came to visit, so I'm going to be vigilant about not going over my calories this week!

amandie
07-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I can't believe Thursday is the final weigh-in!!! Time has flown, WOW!

2F2J- I think I would do the same thing! Great plan you got!

Everyone is doing SOOOOO great! I can't wait to see how well we do with the next challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/284234-4th-july-halloween-challenge.html) (which is up now!) :carrot: See you guys there!!!

ange82much
07-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Just found another big plus from this challenge - my collar bone is back! Got a low necked top on today and just noticed!! Hurray!

JustB1027
07-02-2013, 11:29 PM
SO Amandie are you working on our Halloween challenge?

amandie
07-02-2013, 11:37 PM
SO Amandie are you working on our Halloween challenge?

Yup, it's right here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/284234-4th-july-halloween-challenge.html)! (<-- link to new challenge) Come post and add your name to the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai529T1jrukfdFotbk9iRF9pTTdZUW1uM3VnUVNaS 3c#gid=4) (<-- link to spreadsheet) so the fun can begin! :) See ya there!

2fat2jump
07-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Just found another big plus from this challenge - my collar bone is back! Got a low necked top on today and just noticed!! Hurray!

Awesome!!!

Leaves
07-03-2013, 06:03 AM
TOMORROW GUYS! How have we all done? So exciting to see some real measured progress here :D

Good luck everyone!

vdh2102
07-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Surpassed my goal this morning by 1/2 pound! Hopefully the scale will stay there for the weigh in tomorrow :)

2fat2jump
07-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I hit my goal today!!

amandie
07-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Way to go, Leaves, Vdh2102 and 2F2J for making goal!!

I think I am retaining water from having started Insanity on Monday since my weight is at 164 as opposed to being between 161 to 162, boo! Oh well. :)

2fat2jump
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Amandie, you're doing insanity? You ARE insane. ;) I tried doing the first insanity workout about 3 weeks ago. I literally turned it on for 5 minutes, then turned it off. There was no way! I'm sticking to my much easier Turbo Fire. haha

seize the day
07-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm so excited about the Halloween challenge! Thanks for setting it up Amandie Today I weighed in at 1.8 lbs away from my goal. I don't know that I will be able to get down nearly 2 lbs by tomorrow, but I'm hoping for another half pound down.

Congrats for all of you that made your goal! Celebratory chai for all of you (or other drinks/snacks of your choice ;) )

Warrior
07-03-2013, 09:12 PM
So I just did my last weigh-in for this challenge and weighed in at 151.4 lbs. Which means I have lost a total of 13.6 lbs in this challenge!! Even though my goal was to lose 17 lbs I'm still very happy with my loss considering I wasn't really exercising at the start of the challenge. :)

I honestly can't believe this challenge is already over! :dizzy:
But I'm really looking forward to the Halloween challenge - starting at a lower weight and a longer challenge!!!! BRING IT OOOOOOOOON! :carrot:

amandie
07-03-2013, 09:38 PM
ROFL, 2F2J!!! Normally, I would too turn it off but I am doing it with my sister and some people have already said we won't finish it. Uhh excuse me, naysayers?? Soo we're gonna do it all the way to the end to prove them wrong! I do take a lot of breaks and walk in place when I get so tired or can't do some stuff constantly like high knees. Calves are killllling me! :lol:

Seizetheday- That'd be awesome!!! Glad you joined the Halloween challenge! A chai (latte for me) sounds really good right now! ;)

Warrior- Way to go on your progress!! Happy you're in the Halloween challenge too! :carrot: Let's dooooo it!!!

Leaves
07-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks so much for doing this challenge Amandie! I'm excited for the Halloween one, because hopefully I'll see my final goal!

And you guys, I don't know what a chai latte is even, but I do know that I WANT ONE NOW. Sounds so good :D

thnknthin1
07-04-2013, 08:37 AM
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

:sunny::sunny:

I have surpassed my goal by 4lbs!! Whoosh fairy paid me a visit! I was hoping it would stick around long enough to log it here :)

See you all in the next challenge!!

:carrot:

2fat2jump
07-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Whether you made goal or not Congratulations!!! Everyone has done so well with this challenge. Have a Happy 4th of July!

amandie
07-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Yay!!!!!! Congratulations to ALLLLL of you!!!!!! The fact you stuck with this challenge is just an AWESOME VICTORY in itself!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!! Be safe if playing with fireworks, please!

See ya at the next challenge!

jessicado22
07-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Hiya ladies,

I can't believe it is the end of this challenge already! Happy 4th of July to Americans, and happy late Canadian day to others....and just Happy day to people anywhere else, lol.

2fat2jump--I completely understand where you are coming from. We are having a huge culdesac BBQ today and going camping all next week. Temptations galore. I think I might plan on maintaining for a week or two.

ange82much -- yay for your collar bone!!

Thinknthin, vdh2102 and 2fat2jump -- You made goal, congrats! Awesome :)

Amandie -- Insanity is insane. You probably are retaining water. I am trying to get up the bravery to attempt that, lol.

Warrior and Seize the day -- you both did great! Congrats on the losses too :)

I think so many people did awesome! This challenge was so inspiring, I am excited for the new challenge!

As for me, I weighed in at 196 today (so used to using a 2, I just wrote 296, lol. That will take some getting used to!), so that is officially 40 pounds this challenge! Holy crap. I was only planning on getting to 210...and that was just a dream. It is so weird how not very much time can change so much! I am officially running a 5K each day now at a 6 or higher on my treadmill, and about the time this challenge started, I was struggling to run 15 minutes at a 5. I was so proud of those 15 minutes though...I never even dreamed of a 5K in 30 minutes! Thanks again Amandie for the inspiration of this challenge and the kick *** spreadsheet. See ya'll in the next challenge!

Oh yeah, and I had my celebratory blended chai yesterday. A small, and although it was good, it wasn't as delicious as I remembered. Funny how that works. I used to drink a few a week or more. And now after 3 months, a healthy fruit smoothie would've tasted just as good!

(Leaves, they are good, lol. I don't drink coffee, so they are (or were I guess) my go to drink. They come in different varieties-- spiced, vanilla, etc. The traditional India drink is full of spices, honey and milk and honestly probably isn't that bad for you, but of course I like the Americanized and fatfilled creamy vanilla kind with whip cream!)

IanG
07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Well, I bust that up. I didn't make goal by 2.2lbs but lost 35.2lbs on the challenge, so I'll take that thank you.

Couldn't catch some of you though, especially you Jessicado! And sh!t I tried!

I'm trying to do 5k a day also at 6mph+ but the knee just won't do it! So it's every other day instead with weight training in between.

But you still kicked my @rse Jessicado!

Thanks Amandie for setting this up.

amandie
07-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Hey y'all- I just updated the spreadsheet with 2 pages of the total weight loss and % of weight loss. Congratulations to all of YOU that stayed throughout the challenge! No top tenners this time! :)

ange82much
07-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Nice work Amandie. Would also be interesting to see a column of %body weight lost for everyone since the start of the challenge - not that you haven't done more than enough for us already!!

jessicado22
07-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks for all your work Amandie....awesome!

And Ian, your new avatar looks great -- you can kick my butt in the next challenge ;)

Warrior
07-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Thanks to Amandie for setting up this challenge. Also congrats to everyone on their losses. All the best for the next challenge everyone!!! :D

seize the day
07-08-2013, 10:55 AM
A final congrats to everyone :)

Now I'm headin over to the halloween challenge! :)

adlea
07-21-2013, 09:14 PM
I am looking for the new spreadsheet for the challenge up to Halloween and can't seem to find it. Could you give me link so I am able to join. Thanks.