Fitness Videos - I use Cathe Friedrich's DVD's

View Full Version : I use Cathe Friedrich's DVD's

knoxville68
05-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Hello, this is my first post. I just started south beach and saw this forum and it looks really good. I lost 7 lbs so far in 2 weeks. But I'm working out too.
I have been working out to Cathe dvd's for a long time, and IMHO, she's the best. I like her weight training, kickboxing, step, yoga, spinning, and really a mixture of all. Just thought I'd share.
If interested, her site is cathe.com there is also are exercise forums there.
Jo :carrot:

JenMusic
05-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Welcome! I've considered purchasing some Cathe DVDs for variety (I run, and do a lot of Jillian stuff, and DVDs by the Firm). What would you suggest in her weight training DVDs? Any ones that you particularly like?

SunnySide99
05-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Welcome knoxville! I really enjoy her "Slow and Heavy" workout. It's challenging and I appreciate that there are heavy weight and barbells being used. Also I remember doing her step aerobics a few years ago and I enjoyed that one too. I haven't tried any latest/newest dvd's however.

knoxville68
05-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Wow, thanks for the welcome. I have most of her stuff. It depends on the kind of workout you like. I like to separate my weight work and cardio. My fav weight workouts by Cathe are Slow and Heavy (older), Gym Style, but if you want to really get into a program STS. It's a 3 or 6 month rotation and it's a bunch of dvd's that you rotate. You split up the body parts, you can read about them on her website. But I also love to use 4 day split. It's cardio and weights and you can do them in an hour. There are various ways you can do them, there are options. You can do just certain body parts, just cardio, just abs, or mix it all up. I like the cardio KB and step routines. Those are my fav's.
Jo