Weight Loss Support - Part two: Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - May 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

Diana3271
05-24-2013, 09:36 AM
I am copying and pasting my post from the other thread:

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay: Can you believe we made it to the weekend? :carrot: I am so ready for some down time! Hmm, did anyone mention yoga? :yoga: :rofl:

Also, can you believe it's Memorial weekend? It's the start of Summer! Does that seem weird or is it just me? Does anyone have anything fun planned for the long weekend?

I am going to look at some yoga workouts in our Comcast On Demand. They have free workouts on there, so maybe there will be some yoga practices that I might like. The weekends will probably be the easiest time for me to do that type of stuff. Beside that I will do my normal routine. I might go back to my Mom's house. I noticed that my Dad had some books and paperwork in the garage. It's not much, so I will probably try to take care of that. I mentioned to DH about grilling out one day this weekend. That man can work some magic with a grill. :drool: DH will be finishing up his farming and planting, so he will be busy most of the weekend with that. The guy that normally helps him is having some health issues so the planting is taking longer than normal.

When we have a long weekend, one of the local radio stations goes all '80's! Yeah Baby! They will go to that format today at lunch. I like me some '80's and big hair! :D

On another note, I think TTOM is starting. I have noticed some PMS symptoms coming on and I woke an hour early this morning. Oh freakin' joy! :rolleyes:

Calories for yesterday: 1480 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.8
Down: .2

I am finally back to my pre-Mother's Day weight.

Chronostasis
05-24-2013, 11:56 AM
I weighed myself today and OMG - it was 174.2! :woohoo: (Down from my plateau weight of 181-182 just a few days ago, and also down from my previous lowest weight of 177.4!) Could my plateau finally be over?! And to think, I was starting to believe that I would end May at the same weight I began...
Oh, and I have two NSVs to share! First of all, a few days ago I was looking through my closet for shorts/pajama pants to wear to bed, since my house is currently not air-conditioned and it was a horribly hot, sticky night. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any (time to go shopping, I guess...blah). I ended up looking through my mom's closet (my mom being a much smaller woman who has never been overweight in her life) and finally found a pair of pink silk pajama pants with a fairly stretchy waist. My mom saw me picking it up and said "You're not going to fit into those, they're getting tight on me." Well, I think she must have thinking of different pants, 'cause there's no way she would be too big for them... but anyway, I tried them on, and WAS able to fit into them! I'm not sure I would wear them to a sleepover yet, but they were certainly comfortable enough to wear to bed. :D
Secondly, I have a Captain America t-shirt I really like to wear, but it's a large and it's getting quite big on me. My mom has the same shirt, but in a medium. I decided to see if her t-shirt fits me - and to my surprise, I was not only able to get it on, but I can wear it COMFORTABLY! (I'm picky with my t-shirts; I hate wearing body-hugging clothes, so they have to be somewhat loose.) To be fair, these shirts may run slightly large, I don't know, but it definitely indicates that I'm getting close to being able to wear M shirts all the time! :carrot:

OnaMi
05-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Thank you Diana :hug: I think you'll love yoga.All the relaxing of the mind stuff/deep breathing and stretching..I use to go to a class but the hours for it now are hard for me to get to.I still do some form of it now.Nothing like relaxing the mind and body.:)

Awesome Job Chronostasis :high:

Another good day yesterday.Morning and evening exercise and good calorie Range.Craving/wanting junk has stop Just following my Plan to a T which always works.Back having to Rub my legs down again too from all the exercising :dizzy:

alaskanlaughter
05-24-2013, 12:03 PM
good morning :) its the last day of school and I have a BILLION things to get done today in terms of paperwork because I REFUSE to come in on weekends lol....its also supposed to be sunny and up to 70 today which is HOT(!!) here...im going to try another trail run later this morning too

Radiojane
05-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Yoga kicked my butt yesterday. She warned us it was a really intense practice, and I should have drank more water and got more sleep after. But I didn't. I'm dragging today. Guess I had a lot of yuck in my system to flush out.

Weight is down .2, still 1.3 from Tuesday's low. I'm going to take today as a rest day from exercise and use my lunch hour for a nap I think.

Yesterday calories in:1320
Calories out:583
Weight:373.2

sotypical
05-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Well I am going to jump in. I feel like a broken record. For anyone that has been around long enough you may remember me. Here I am again, I have gained back the weight I lost in 2006 for the.... 4th time? 5th? I have lost track.

It is really frustrating that since August I have gained back the 40 pounds I lost last year for our wedding. I have been avoiding the scale lately partly because I was afraid of what it would say but also because I have been happy with me and the numbers depressed me. Avoiding the scale was a bad choice and I finally got on it this morning... only because the dress I wanted to wear to a wedding tomorrow doesn't fit! Well it does up, it's just tight. So I guess I am going dress shopping tonight which feels like a reward for getting fat. I should just go in a garbage bag, that would be a good lesson! hah.

I think that most frustrating thing is that way back in 2006 I lost weight eating crap. Okay not crap, but lite this low fat that, diet this and over the years I have worked hard at cutting that crap out. I still eat processed foods but not as many as I used to and I have done my best to cut out all diet/light foods. Yet I am even fatter for it! /end rant

So I hope everyone doesn't mind me jumping in - again! My goal is just to count every single calorie I eat and hopefully fit in exercise when I can. I had a moment of weakness this morning where I googled "extreme low calorie diet" but I quickly closed that, I need to be healthy. I know what I have to do I just need to do it - AND KEEP DOING IT! Yesterday was okay - until I ate a piece of candy and slice of bread my husband made, but my ended at 1575 calories, so that is alright.

If anyone else is using MFP my user name is sotypical.

So here my plan for today:

S: coffee w/ skim milk
B: smoothie: 1 cup mixed frozen berries, 1 cup cranberry/raspberry juice, 3 cups spinach, 2 tbsp flax seed (340 calories)
L: tortilla (w/ laughing cow, yellow pepper, pickles beans, salami), cut up: cucumber, grape tomatoes, yellow peppers, 3 strawberries (407 calories)
S: 5 strawberries
D: not sure yet, maybe scrambled eggs, feta, spinach, tomatoes

geoblewis
05-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I just finished my Friday morning workout and I feel fabulous! Two hours at the studio: step cardio, TRX, and weights for the first hour, then Pilates for the second hour. So glad I work there! I'm the manager and this is the best job I've ever had!

I had a quick breakfast of two scrambled eggs and cup of coffee with cream, but that was at 6, so after I dropped one kid off for his last day of school, I headed over to Starbucks for one of their spinach, feta and egg white wraps. Yum! I'll be going home from work in about an hour and when I get hungry, I plan to have a big spring mix salad with a can of skipjack tuna, olive oil and lemon, fresh garlic (I have no one to kiss today), and Kalamata olives. Not sure about dinner yet. I cleaned my chest freezer out two days ago and found some lamb chops. Mmmmmm! My favorites!

I am just starting with yoga. I do it on the weekends to keep me limber so that when I go back to work on Monday night, I don't move like an old creaky lady.

See ya'll tomorrow!

Psychic
05-24-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't think I really have any plans for the night. Might hang out with the guys if they invite me over. Not sure yet. My boyfriend would like to go fishing on Monday since you're allowed to fish without a license on memorial day in PA. If its nice out, I may take him.

aspen13
05-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi, I am new to the forums here.

I did very well with my meals today...so far. I still have the evening and I am so craving something sweet. I am full from dinner though and do not need it. If I have to keep chanting in my head "You Do NOT Need It", I will. I am not going to keep sweets out of my diet, reality is that there will be times that I eat some chocolate or have a piece of cake etc, though I am going to limit these. I will remind myself that they barely have nutritional value and full of calories (more chanting - wink).

I have been doing a lot of swimming and water exercises. Actually last friday I overdid it, I was in the pool a total of about 5 hours. We moved to the south and when I was looking for our home and knew I wanted a pool. It is wonderful. A great workout and you get, and keep, cool.

It has been very hot here lately (upper 80s and lower 90s)...and it's only going to get worse or stay the same, so I have not been walking this week. We live in a neighborhood with a lake and a pond. My son will walk with me and we enjoy watching the water birds and other creatures that are around. I think I will pull out my Leslie Sansone DVDs and walk in the air conditioned house during the summer.

Chronostasis
05-24-2013, 08:51 PM
vegetable egg white souffle; 4 oz. almond milk
1 cup cooked red quinoa w/Mrs. Dash
oatmeal with 2-3 tablespoons nutella
Large orange bell pepper generously stuffed with lean deli turkey breast and garlic hummus; 1spoon of peanut butter
Exercise: C25K Week 1 Day 1

Pretty good day today. :) Tomorrow will be spent packing for vacation...I don't know what I'll wear. :/ I don't have many summer clothes,
and the ones I do have are mostly big on me. Too late to go shopping. Maybe I can raid my mom's/grandmother's closets?

IanG
05-24-2013, 09:53 PM
DOMS! Bad. Up 0.6lbs today. Chest muscles still hurts. Legs better until I went running. Now they hurt again. I am gonna have a complete rest day tomorrow because I am kaput.

Anyway, a late post because I also had to go grocery shopping, clothes shopping (34 inch waist Levi's) and headphone shopping (the gym fried the last pair in just one week).

Anyways:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.
2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo

Lunch: Small salad with red pepper, spinach, chick peas, quinoa.

Dinner: Drinking beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker)

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked 2.38 miles to/from work. Spent 20 minutes in the gym running two miles.

Really sore. But I bet I have a big loss tomorrow ;) And I will take a rest.

GMNEVO
05-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Memorial day weekend! hope everyone enjoys their time off.

Today I finally got a haircut!! I have long hair and enjoy it long but the ends where just crispy dry so went to hair cuttery got the cheappest haircut of my life and im totally pleased :)

Stayed under my cal limit + 1 Hr zumba class and 80 crunches :) Success!!!

This weekend I have a lot of activities so will try to stay on plan to loose the 1.8 pounds I need for the -10 in May.

alaskanlaughter
05-24-2013, 11:13 PM
I had a good trail run this morning but was very sore during it :( it was NOT sunny and 70 today...it turned rainy and humid ugh...then I worked all afternoon wrapping up the school year program...now im all done for the school year!!!! three day weekend and then one day to set up the summer program....

Diana3271
05-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Chronostasis Congrats on the 174 and the NSV's! :carrot: You are doing a great job! Are you liking the new rice steamer? What kind of rice is your favorite? There are so many varieties. Enjoy your vacation.

Ona Great job getting back on track! That's the way to do it. :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter Enjoy the warm weather. I hope you can get a good run in. ETA: we were posting at the same time. :lol:

Radiojane What type of yoga do you do? I know there are different types. Congrats on the .2.

Sotypical Hi and Welcome Back! So sorry about the gain. We have all been there, though. You did it before and you can do it again. :carrot:

Geoblewis Working at a gym sounds fun. Are you at a large busy gym or a smaller location? Great job on your workouts.

Psychic DH wanted to go fishing but he has to get caught up on the farming. I think he will go next weekend. Maybe he will bring home some fish for the grill. Do you like fish?

Aspen13 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Ian Congrats on the smaller size jeans! Keep up the great work.

GMNEVO Congrats on the good haircut! :yay:

Diana3271
05-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Total Approx 1480 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Pork Chop 400 Calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
Sharon Twombly's Zero To Sixty Low Impact with Weights w/#3's & #5's

Radiojane
05-25-2013, 12:19 AM
ianG you sound like you feel like me. I'm SORE today!

Diana I do Hatha with a focus on restorative/healing poses.

IanG
05-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Ouch. It hurts doesn't it Radiojane!

Diana3271
05-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I woke a 6 AM! :tantrum: One of the stupid symptoms of TTOM/PMS. It can always be worse so I will leave it at that.

Weigh In: 160 (TTOM)
Up: .2

Diana3271
05-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Ian and Radiojane Try to get some extra stretching in and drink extra water to flush the lactic acid. My worse place to get DOMS is hamstrings and glutes. Talk about walking funny! :rofl:

Amarantha2
05-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning all!!! Yes, I can believe it is Memorial Day weekend & planning a quiet time lol. Had big plans to see an out-of-town friend but plans fell through. Will be cooking for the week ahead instead. It may be the last week of work for a while depending on contractual matters not having to do with me. I am good either way with that.

I think that & some other inner things kept pressing my eating buttons this last week & I didn't get enough down days in my maintenance eating cycle. Will be fixing that this coming week as I want to stay on top of the scale tale.

Calories not bad, though, at 1810 Friday, did 30 minutes weights & 15 minutes of Leslie also plus 12,000+ steps.

Have a fantastic day everyone! Woot!

mamakat
05-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Wow, it seems like almost everyone had something good to report! I wish I could report smaller clothes and less weight, but that's still the same. I find it near impossible as I've worked out for 4 weeks now, using muscles I did not know I had. Okay my DOMS are in my triceps and obliques. I usually have to focus on getting those worked out, but somehow, standing on ladders and painting all around, over my head, has helped work those out. My back and thighs hurt from pulling up carpet that was over stapled to the stairs! Geez someone was staple gun happy! Both wrists are blown out and in braces, but I've still got some work to do. :D

This weekend's plans: utilize my DH as much as possible. I can no longer hold plyers and I have no strength in pulling or grasping. I can lift as long as I don't need my fingers and I can hold as long as it doesn't weight more than a pound and not for more than two minutes as a time. So, I can not pull those stinking tack/staples up. After he is so kind in doing that for me, he will sand the icky steps. I am done painting walls, now only ceilings and floors/steps. I should be able to get a chunk of that done this weekend (wrists withstanding). And maybe after DH is done with the steps, he can move onto a new project too. We will see.

I don't know why I'm not losing weight and it's driving me crazy! But I'm holding again. I did almost reach 190 and told myself not to have a heart attack, I was swollen like mad crazy where it was hard to move and bend. Luckily I went back down to 184...which still means I lost my 100 mark. Egad, already, lets see some loss or at the very least get me back to where I was. I'm moving, I'm eating and I am getting some form of sleep (not all good, but definitely not all bad). Mentally, I believe my mania has subsided or lessened. I can nap in the afternoon once more. I think my thyroid is doing fine, cuz I don't "feel" weird. I just know when it's off. So there's no reason (at least in my opinion).

Congrats to all on their losses and their getting up and out. Welcome to the newcomers.

Diana, at least yoga is cheaper than therapy and you don't have to sit in a small room and spill your guts out :p Lucky me, I get a double session next week with "tapping" oh man, I don't look forward to that. I like the kickboxing idea for channeling aggression, but yoga can help to soothe instead of irritate, maybe, I don't do yoga enough to know. But it can't hurt! Unless you're RadioJane whose doing the hard kind.

Well I'm off to torture my wrists for another day. Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone.

Psychic
05-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm really having trouble staying on track lately. Its starting to bum me out.

Yesterday's Calories: 1846
Today's Weight: 176.4

Hoopty
05-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I had around 2500 planned calories yesterday and a rest day. Today I really wanna bust my arse at the gym. I've been eating maintenance calories way too often and it's gotta change.

alaskanlaughter
05-25-2013, 03:34 PM
I kind of slept in...in which younger son woke up at 630 a.m. and sort of let me lightly sleep til 830 a.m. lol.....im doing laundry today and its trying to be sunny out...I went for a run on pavement today and really liked it...was able to push myself longer because I wasn't worried about the sharp-edged gravel on the trail sections...came home, showered and now headed out for a few little errands....have a high school graduation party to attend later today

geoblewis
05-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Diana, I have the best job of my life right now. Hope to stay with it for the rest of my working life. I'm the manager of a small fitness studio in a small town. Our focus is on functional movement, with a concentration on Pilates. We can only house 14 students per class and we run two classes a day (one Pilates class, one cardio/weights class), five days a week. We also have private sessions with clients during the middle of the day, and we are currently nearing the end of a 10-week challenge to help clients clean up their diets, fit in exercise into their daily routine, practice some sort of daily stress-management, and get in a good night's sleep every night. We're currently training four women (me included) to become certified fitness trainers (because up to now, the owner has been the only trainer) and then we'll be able to run more classes and increase our range of clientele.

What I love about exercising there is that I can participate in a community of positive support, which seems to be what I need in order to stick to exercising. Also, my boss is very well educated and experienced and gives me a lot of help with modifying movements so that I can achieve my objectives without hurting myself. She really has helped me change my body image, from a fatalistic view (I'll NEVER be able to look that good) to being able to see that I have athletic skills and real strength, even at my size. And while I was seeing the beginnings of kyphosis in my upper back (dowager hump), three years later, it is practically gone!

IanG, when I first started working out at my studio, just doing Pilates, I experienced DOMS with every class. At first it wasn't something to which I looked forward, for nearly two years, especially as I increased my exercise frequency from twice a week to five times a week. I would send a text to my trainer and tell her that I thought she broke my backside, and she'd text me back with big smiles and encouraging words. Somewhere along the way I started looking at DOMS as a good thing. I don't get it so much now, two years into daily workouts. But when we do something new in class, I like feeling the DOMS the next day. It tells me I really put in some effort!

Enjoy your rest day! I love mine! I do absolutely nothing on those days, except for some stretching as needed. And bacon-wrapped Motrin for breakfast!

My newest ambition is to do real, full push-ups. I only recently learned that well-developed biceps are not key to success with that. I've been curling 20-lb. dumbbells but couldn't fully complete a push-up, and it was so frustrating to see women who only curled half that being able to do it. But when I talked about it with my trainer, she said that triceps and scapular stability are what is key, and I'm not yet strong enough to be able to do it at my weight (312 lbs.), but I will most likely find success as I lose more weight.

I struggle with doing dips. Just too heavy for my triceps to support me. Last spring, I weighed about 15 lbs. less and I could do back planks, but I can't do them now. So dropping that weight is very important now. Somehow, I don't care so much about dropping weight so that I look different. I am more motivated by dropping weight so I can achieve more. So I expect my triceps will be reminding me of their existence much more often over the next few months as I work on them!

So, what's on the books for me today? I'm keeping my eating light during the day because we're going out to dinner tonight with Grandpa and Grandma, and Grandpa always likes to get good value for his dollars when he eats out. We are going to Black Bear Diner, which seems to be famous for large portions of not-expensive comfort food. I am planning to ask our waiter that they not put potatoes and gravy and the corn muffin on my dinner plate. I'm bringing my own olive oil for my salad. I will be ordering the smallest size steak, and not eating all of it. And I'll ask for a double portion of the vegetables. Not sure about dessert. I might order just a single scoop of vanilla ice cream and topping it with my own dark French chocolate chunks. Only drinking water.

Hoping to see further weight loss tomorrow morning!

IanG
05-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Down 2.0lbs today. I am resting today but will get some chores done and probably mow the lawn.

Anyways:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo. Some vegetables.

Lunch: Salad with lettuce, spicy salsa, corn, chicken, pickled onion, sun-dried tomato, pepper, garlic, asparagus with cockles.

Dinner: Will drink beer (Green Flash Palate Wrecker)

Exercise: Mowed the lawn.

Diana3271
05-25-2013, 09:50 PM

I still haven't eaten dinner and I'm starving! One of the tractors broke down at the farm and I'm still waiting for DH to get home so we can eat together. While I wait I'm watching the UFC fights! :boxing:

Yesterday and this morning I looked at some yoga workouts on our Comcast On Demand. I found one that looked interesting and tried it. It was a 25 minute workout with John Vitarelli called Stress Relief. I found one of the poses interesting based on something he said. It's the shoulder stand. He said that it helps with the Endocrine system (thyroid, etc).

I was planning to get a walk in today but it didn't work out. I went to my Mom's house to get the last few items that I had boxed up. I also cleaned out all paperwork from the garage. A huge spider tried to attack me. I ended up winning that battle although it did put up a big fight. (about scared the crap out of me ) So, at this point I am done with the house. I am still waiting for DH to get some stuff out of the garage. He is busy this weekend with planting at the farm. I think he will finish the planting next weekend. The man that normally helps him is having back issues, so he can't do much. DH is having to do most of it on his own. I can't see him getting to the garage for a couple more weeks. I will be calling the auctioneer guy once DH finished in the garage.

Amarantha Good job planning and cooking your meals for the week. That makes it so much easier to stay on plan. I hope the job situation works out in a way that's best for you.

Mamakat Sometimes "still the same" is something good to report. We both know that things could go in the other direction real quick. ;) So I say great job maintaining! :bravo: Ha Ha about the yoga being cheaper than therapy. I could probably use the therapy, too. :lol: The problem is that I actually know all the answers. I don't think the therapist would appreciate me being "smarter" than them. :rofl: I hope you have a great weekend.

Psychic Where do you think the issue is with you staying on track? Is it stress? Actual hunger?

Hoopty Did you make it to the gym today?

Alaskanlaughter Glad you got a good run in. I don't like walking on rocks or uneven surface. I am very prone to falling.

Geoblewis I can sense the enthusiasm in your post about your job. Awesome! You are benefiting from healthy and positive environment.

Ian Congrats on the 2 pounds! Does your wife eat healthy and workout, too?

IanG
05-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks Geoblewis for the useful insights. It hurts though, doesn't it!!

And Diana, my wife is a pretty healthy weight , plus a few pounds (but not many!!). She eats very well and balanced because she loves cooking. I can't eat that cooking though because I am trying to lose rather than maintain.

She doesn't work out which is a sore point at the moment. I get to go to the gym before work but because she is a stay-at-home-mom looking after our twins, she does not get that luxury. I think we will have to work some weekend arrangement out for her where she goes and I look after the kids. She's pushing for that now I am working out...doh!

OnaMi
05-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Stayed on plan today and didn't add into count(plan) any off plan foods :carrot: thought about it but didn't want to :carrot: Just didn't want to mess up all the progress I've made this week.

2&1/2 hrs @ the gym this morning and just got from a nice hour jog!!

Hoopty
05-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Good evening everybody!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana
Snack: 1 hard boiled egg
Lunch: 1 black cherry Greek yogurt + 2 cups edamame + 1 apple
Dinner: 1 can Healthy Choice Split Pea soup + Sage Valley Lite Organic Popcorn + oven roasted dark chocolate almonds
Exercise: 35min stationary bike + full body workout + 45 min elliptical

Nothing much to report...same old, same old!

On to a happy Sunday!

Diana3271
05-26-2013, 12:43 AM

DH got home really late from the farm. I already mentioned this, but they had a tractor breakdown, so DH had to work on it to get it back to the main house/garage. So, I just finished washing dishes. I don't think eating at 11 PM is a good idea. DH wanted a meal, but I am always hesitant when they are working on a big job like that. Things seem to happen to make him late. I have to time the meal just right so it's not over cooked. If I had it to do over I would have eaten something else earlier. The problem with that is there would have been too much food and DH doesn't like leftovers. I usually make just enough for us to eat one time. But all in all the man worked hard today and he enjoyed his hot dinner I made. :love:

Total Approx 1565 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (270 Calories)
2% Greek Yogurt 270 Calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
BBQ Chicken 400 calories
Stuffing w/gravy 150 calories
Green beans 50 calories
Homemade banana pudding 300 calories

Exercise:
Stress Relief Yoga with John Vitarelli

Diana3271
05-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1565 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

Ok, so I do things wrong (eat at 11 PM) and I lose weight. Go figure! :lol:

I have made some changes with my antihistamine for the angioedema. I feel better, but it has only been a few days. So, I'm not sure if that is going to make a difference long term for me. I was taking 2 Allegra a day, 1 AM and 1 PM. It was giving me some gastrointestinal issues. I dropped down to only 1 a day but I was flaring up more than normal. I was still still flaring up with the 2 a day, but it was better than the 1 of course. I seem to swell and hold on to water over night. So I decided to continue with the one Allegra in the AM but add in 2 Benadryl at night. Right now this feels like a better combo than the 2 Allegra when it comes to the angioedema. So far I'm not seeing the gastro issues. It is drying for my eyes, nose, and mouth, though. We'll just see how it goes. I am still a science experiment gone bad. :rofl:

So, about a positive for me yesterday. DH requested the homemade banana pudding. I wanted to eat some for dessert, but it is a lot higher in calories than what I normally eat. I only ate the yogurt at lunch and it carried me over for a good amount of time. Of course the 11 PM eating is way too late and not the norm. Eating lighter at lunch allowed me to have a small dish of the banana pudding. It was freakin' delish I tell you. :drool:

Now, about the yogurt I had at lunch. Normally during the week I eat a flavored Stonyfield Oikos organic Greek yogurt. On the weekend, if I eat a big tub of Greek yogurt, I will eat the plain variety. I am funny about the plain Greek yogurt. The Stonyfield Oikos is just OK. I HATE Chobani. To me it tastes like it is made with sheeps milk, it has a rank flavor. :lol: Not good. :lol:. So, my favorite has been Fage. Friday I found a 2% Greek yogurt in a 16 ounce container (Fage 0% is a little over 17 ounces) made by Atlanta Fresh. It is made from milk from grass fed cows (no grain), no hormones, etc. So the bottom line is that it is 10 calories higher per container than the Fage. Well, I really think that little extra fat from the 2% made a huge difference in satisfying me during the day. Of course this was only a one day experiment. ;) All of the stars may have aligned just right and I just had a good day. :lol: So I will need to try that experiment again. I need to finish with the Fage yogurt I have now. The only problem with the Atlanta Fresh yogurt is the only place to get it is the Whole Paycheck store (Whole Foods). I will just have to plan ahead to make sure I have it. That's the only place I can get my ricotta cheese, too. It all takes a little more planning, but can work.

Ian I think that's a great idea for your wife to be able to get to the gym on the weekend. You know the old saying . . . If Mama's happy, everyone's happy. ;) Gotta keep Mama happy. :D

Ona Great job sticking to your plan. What type of yogurt do you eat? If you eat a flavored Greek yogurt, you could always freeze it. It would be like an ice cream treat for you. I haven't seen these in our area, yet, but there is a new frozen yogurt being launched this year: http://proyofrozenyogurt.com/ I can't wait to try it.

Hoopty LOL on the same old, same old. Nothing wrong with that. I have been reporting the same old, same old since 2009! I always worry that people are going to tell me to go away since they are tired of looking at my same foods every day. :rofl:

Amarantha2
05-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Good morning, all! Happy Weekend and Happy Memorial Day to those celebrating tomorrow, which includes me.

Weight was down 1.4 today, my official weigh-in day and the start of my July Jubilee Personal Maintenance Challenge, which is just a fancy way of saying I intend to maintain in my range from May 26 to the weigh-in of 4th of July week, which is going to be Sunday, June 30.

Was happy with the weight as ate high all week. Saturday calories 2030, did half hour of weights (need to be more diligent at that again), 16,000+ steps.

Have a GREAT DAY, ALL!

geoblewis
05-26-2013, 06:00 PM
I did really well at that restaurant we went to yesterday. Stayed on my plan. Have decided that I never want to go to that restaurant again. Yes, I am a self-admitted food snob. I so rarely go out that when I do, I want to treat myself to a really good dining experience. So I have no problem paying more money for really good food that's in smaller portions. Because I'm paying for exactly what I want.

I'm down two more pounds this morning! I am going to wait until I get down to 300lbs. before I change my signature weight. Who know what will happen over the next couple weeks. I have my follow-up DEXA scan coming up in the next two weeks. Looking forward to finding progress!

Since it is the weekend, I'm looser with meal structure and doing a minor carb re-feed today. Had a couple homemade sprouted wheat waffles with eggs for a late breakfast. Planning to have a hot pastrami lettuce wrap for an early dinner (sneaking it in to the movies with me). I may have some almonds just before going to bed.

See ya tomorrow!

alaskanlaughter
05-26-2013, 06:20 PM
its sunny AND warm here which is nice...not hot, just warm :D....I got house chores done and went for a longer run on the pavement this morning...i'm feeling it a little bit in my legs but not bad yet....so far eating has been good but I do have a birthday party for a kid this afternoon, hope I can do well there...SO NICE to have a three day weekend with not much to do!

IanG
05-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Down another 0.8lbs today. I was going to rest today but thought to heck with that! So I went for a 2 mile run this morning outside. My first outside run. It was easier than the treadmill as the air keeps you cooler. So I sweated less and broke my one mile record time! I then found a tennis court we have in the town and went there for 90 minutes to practice my serve (I am playing again next Monday). I then did some weeding in the garden. So I will lose more weight tomorrow. That is a given. But will I get the Tuesday stall?

Anyways:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with lite mayo. Some vegetables.

Lunch: Small caesar salad.

Exercise: Lots.

mamakat
05-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Got excited to see the 100 mark again so I went for a walk on the boardwalk. The bridge is still out. I've been painting nonstop so a little walk is good, I think. I painted the hall ceiling and help pull more tacks. Lots more painting to do. Hopefully soon I'll see the 170's again. We'll see. Have a great eventing.

Diana3271
05-26-2013, 11:29 PM

We had our cookout! I really enjoyed it. I had planned this to be a higher calorie day. I did count calories, though, so this wasn't one of those way out there calorie days. Tomorrow will be back on plan.

Total Approx 2035 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (260 Calories)
Yogurt 260 calories

Dinner 1380 calories
Salad w/yogurt ranch dressing 150 calories
Asparagus 50 calories
Baked potato w/butter 300 calories
Grilled ribeye steak 600 calories
piece dark chocolate 80 calories
bread w/butter 200 calories

Exercise
4 Mile Outdoor wallk

Diana3271
05-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Amarantha Congrats on the 1.4 pounds. Good luck with your maintenance challenge. :carrot:

Geoblewis Congrats on the 2 pounds! Enjoy the movie!

Alaskanlaughter Good luck at the birthday party.

Ian Congrats on the .8. I did an outdoor walk today. There was a really nice breeze, so the walk felt pretty good. Oh but it got ugly as soon as I finished my walk. :lol: I started sweating like crazy! I am serious! It was ugly! Thank goodness I use tubing mascara or that stuff would have been rolling down my face! So yes, the breeze kept me cool while I was walking, but when I stopped it really caught up with me. :D

Mamakat Congrats on getting back to the 100 mark. Good job staying so active. You are able to do so much more than you were few years ago. :bravo:

Katydid77
05-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Still chugging along here. 147.0 is holding on strong.

I cycled in two high calorie days (one at 2200 and one at 2500) so above maintenance even, but the scale didn't budge one way or the other.

Oddly of ALL the things I could be noticing getting smaller, my FEET are definitely getting a bit smaller. My work shoes are literally flopping around on my feet right now, and they are the same ones I have worn for several months. Also they are Dansko name brand, so it's not like they are getting worn out to the point of being floppy.

I noticed the last couple of pairs of shoes I have tried on it was the 6's that fit (I am usually between a 6 and 6 1/2) so I guess it's just enough to push me towards the smaller size at the moment. Not that I specifically want smaller feet. My feet are small to the point of sometimes having issues finding my size, but it is nice when they get to a point of not being so wide. Size 6 wide is hard to find.

alaskanlaughter
05-27-2013, 02:33 AM
it was a good day here...I was over my WW points by 10 yesterday and today am over by 7 but I know you're supposed to get activity points for working out(?) or something like that and I never use those or calculated what they might be....so as long as i'm still on track and not going over my points every day I think it will be okay....im not "officially" on WW and will never pay for their memberships but I like counting points and I like zero point foods too :)

I ran again outside this morning, a slightly longer route than yesterday...I paused for maybe 10 minutes during it to talk to a friend who lives on that route so i'm not sure HOW much longer the route was because it threw off my timing to stop and visit

I got the whole "I want to run" thing from my friend and how she "could never do that" and has a "SIL in who runs all the time but I can't ever do that" blah blah blah....I wanted to invite her to run with me because I do walk/run intervals but I didn't because I know it will be one of those things where I get blown off about it

I got to take a nice long drive at sunset, which I loved...I was driving my BIL out to the far end of the island for a weekend of drinking and partying...i'm sure i'm picking up his hungover tail tomorrow as well since he has no way home :) but that's okay....ive always enjoyed a nice long drive....driving and thinking, I do that alot

thewalrus0
05-27-2013, 04:49 AM
Hey everyone, I haven't checked in for a bit.

I haven't been doing so well but I am still chugging on. I'm trying to keep tracking, even on days I'm overeating, to really build it into a habit.

I started taking birth control again, so hopefully my PMS next month doesn't derail me the way it did this week.

I am also going to really go at the couch to 5k program in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I'll be running 30 straight minutes by the end of the summer. :)

I'm really just trying to keep moving in the right direction, even if the scale isn't.

I may have had two or four pieces of cake today.

:/ But I'm pushing onward! Ever forward.

Hoopty
05-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Happy Monday!

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana
Lunch: 1 Oikos apricot/mango Greek yogurt + 1 apple + 2 cups edamame + 1 corn on the cob + 1 fortune cookie
Snack: 1 Luna bar
Dinner: 3 handfuls of romaine lettuce + 1 plum tomato + 1 corn on the cob + 1 Boca burger + 1 plum + 1 Oikos strawberry Greek yogurt
Snack: 4 slices whole-grain toast with peanut butter
Exercise: 35min stationary bike

It's so funny. I posted in another thread about how I avoid bread because it triggers cravings for me and there I am eating toast with PB because I'm having cravings :rolleyes:
Well, I didn't know why I was having such huge cravings in the first place until I checked my pack of BCP. I got 8 left, that makes sense: PMS-alert!

Diana3271 - :lol: I know right, same here! By the way - that banana pudding sounds soooo good :T Would love to have some!

thewalrus0 - I hear ya on the PMS! You can do it! Love your attitude :tread:

To all those that are celebrating today: HAVE FUN! :)

Diana3271
05-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Memorial Day!

We had our cook out yesterday so it's back on plan for today. I think I am going to have grilled fish for my main meal today.

Calories for yesterday: 2035 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.6 (TTOM)
Up: 1.6 pounds

Amarantha2
05-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Happy Memorial Day to all who celebrate and Happy Monday to all others! :wave:

I am going out for ice cream with someone later & my choice of gluten free treat is already in my tracker. Yesterday was my high day at 2130 and I am TIRED of eating in the 2000s for a while :rofl: ! I do better at slightly lower than that.

Yesterday did weights and 12,000+ steps and just the steps are on the holiday exercise agenda today!

Woot! :wave:

Radiojane
05-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Busy weekend and not so much on plan. That's okay though. I enjoyed my pasta, and I'm back on the wagon with only a minor water gain that should be gone by the wedding.

I got my house spotless, save for the spare room my brother rents - it's full of old clothes of mine that I need to haul to Salvation Army, and I'll do that tonight or tomorrow. I set up the patio furniture and bought some flower for the deck. Relaxed a lot and worked slow. It was nice to have the house to myself and accomplish what I wanted to accomplish.

I got a swim in yesterday for a 480 calorie burn, and I ate at around 2000. Didn't track other than mentally.

sotypical
05-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Oh my goodness this thread moves so far! Guess that is why I need to check it everyday. :)

alaskanlaughter
05-27-2013, 04:56 PM
I got a nice run/walk in this morning....mapped with my car's pedometer(?) at exactly 2.5 miles total...not too bad for being on pavement and so far my joints haven't bothered me like I expected...my goal was to run outside on all 3 days of this long weekend and I did that....little son wants to play soccer out in the street (we live in a culdesac) so we'll do some of that later...DH is going to grill later too....other than that, not much going on today...sunny and warm and i'm actually wearing a sleeveless shirt, just little straps on it, whatever that's called...

IanG
05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Down another 1.2lbs today. I woke up this morning happy because of the loss but a little sad because I know I normally gain back on Tuesdays. But not this week. I decided, against the odds, that I would try to break the Tuesday stall by kicking its butt.

So I went for another 2 mile run and broke my one mile record again. I then did some tiling in the new bathroom I am building. And then I did 90 minutes practising my tennis serve. And I watched my portions.

So if this does not do it, nothing will. Of course, I could have just passed the gain to later in the week, but let's see.

Anyways:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with spicy salsa. Some vegetables.

Lunch: Salad (corn, lettuce, chicken, pickled onions, garlic, cheese, spicy salsa, olives and cockles).

Exercise: Lots.

geoblewis
05-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Didn't get much sleep last night, and I actually snacked my way through the night, very inappropriately. Regained the 2 lbs. I had lost over the weekend. Grrr!

Today I'm trying to counteract the carby snacks I had with higher fat and protein. Helps my blood sugar balance out. Doing better now at keeping calories low for the day. Have lamb chops and a salad planned for dinner.

I did Pilates this morning and worked at some weight training to help me achieve push-ups. Mostly triceps and upper chest work. I actually did a few push-ups with good form, but I did them against an elevated bench. Really elevated bench! Still, lower than where I was doing them against the wall. And I did five of them!

Going to bed early tonight! I mean it!

Diana3271
05-27-2013, 11:22 PM

I took a rest day from exercise. DH and I ate at an out of the way restaurant. It was a nice drive out there and we had some very good, fresh seafood. My car was loaded down with the garage (trash) stuff and remainder of the stuff from my Mom's house. I off loaded all of that, did a little grocery shopping, took DH to the boating store, and we just made the rounds and stops as we desired since we had the time today.

Total Approx 1945 Calories + :coffee:
Another higher calorie day, but not way out there. Amazing how quickly stuff add up.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (950 Calories)
6 hush puppies 300 calories
4 ounces grilled mahi 100 calories
4 ounces grilled tuna 100 calories
4 ounces grilled scallops 150 calories
steamed yellow squash 100 calories
collards 100 calories
green beans 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
No workout

Chronostasis
05-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Hi guys! I am currently at a hotel, en route to vacation in Florida. I'm trying to figure out how I'll make everything work on vacation, calorie-wise/weightloss-wise... I don't have a food scale (or a bathroom scale), and I don't know how much control I'll have over what I eat. It's hard with family. I'll do my best to stay on plan, but I think weight maintenance might be a more reasonable goal than weight loss for the week.
Anyway, my eating Sat/Sun/today hasn't been stellar, but not terrible either. Mostly good food, just too much of it (and too much higher-calorie-density things like nuts.)
We went to Fatz today for dinner, which was a challenge, but I think I did pretty well with a bowl of loaded potato soup (ate about 2/3 of the bacon bits, skipped on the cheese). Nothing else besides water. I also swam around a bit in the hotel pool (sadly, the pool is not long enough to swim laps :() and tried out some of the machines in the exercise room for a few minutes.

Diana3271
05-28-2013, 08:20 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1945 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.8
Up: .2

Psychic
05-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1404

Been fairly busy over the weekend. Ate out a few times, so my weight is up a bit. Its a new week, so I'm trying to buckle down and start losing again. I didn't do so well in the last week, so I really need to try to get back on track today.

Amarantha2
05-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Woot! Good morning all! I need to get out of bed, just very tired this morning, but I am loving participating in this check-in & congrats to all for the good work & consistency.

I had a sort of stressed out but oddly fun holiday dealing with issues in seeing old friends, one of which was my favorite DQ sundae lol. It is gluten free (although there can never be a guarantee in eating at a fast food place) & I had it twice in two days handled the calories well, left some in the bowl & was not tempted to binge from the sugar later, nor will I want it again for a long time. This was a departure from how I used to be so is a NSV.

Calories for day 1699, 12,000+ steps. :wave:

OnaMi
05-28-2013, 12:09 PM
:wave: everybody

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

That Pudding sounded great Diana :) great job only eating a little.I can't even get started w/something like that,I'll be eating the whole bowl :D Thanks for the link :) Yeah,I like the greek.I just got into eating it so I'm just trying different kinds for now.I never liked yogurt in my life but I'm eating it everyday evening now...who knew :lol: thanks for the Idea :)

I did great the whole weekend I must say! :dance: :cp: Much more happier w/myself theses days.Since Mother got out of Re-hab I've been pushing really hard and it's really paid off! Had on all white yesterday and didn't feel self-concious or bloated.Mother said I'm looking like my old self again :) I finally like the way i look in the mirror again. My mentality about what i eat seems different.

Since I know that everything in life happens for reason,I believe that i had to go through seeing how stress eating(how certain carbs just causes major cravings) because of Mother or any situation only causes more stress and makes me unhappy.

I saw signs yesterday that Mothers memory seems to go and come now.When she was in re-hab she had forgot everybody/everything and about home. I thought that she really had started to remembered her children/family and home but my Sister said that she was just going along and believeing whatever we had told her about us and things :(

I thank God that I'm getting stronger to handle whatever happens.I know that no one lives forever and that this is not our home.We are just passing through this world. Everday i get more strength and wisdom now not to turn to unhealthy eating to cope with Gods plans.

Why eat unhealthy foods when I know that in the end, it's going to make me more depressed cause I know now that i just can't stop eating them. :o I'm finally enjoying my life after being overweight for as long as i can remember, I love being happy, feeling thin makes me happy and no matter what else is going on...unhealthy eating only adds to my depression.

I've started transfering that stress,being depressed about Mother to working out.

Radiojane
05-28-2013, 12:27 PM
I am one sore lady today. Yoga kicked my butt again last night (not to mention I came out of a pose to quick and jarred my right shoulder). Everything is sore today, and I slept for like 10 hours yesterday. Yowzers. I went Thursday and then again last night, and providing the wedding doesn't get in the way I'd like to go again Thursday. I know it's worth it, but I wish I hadn't had to miss two weeks right at the beginning.

Down 1.3 this morning although I think there's water masking a little more.

Yesterday Calories In:1567
Almonds
Cheddar Cheese
Lemon Water
Salad with shrimp and a boiled egg
cottage cheese
homemade chicken broccoli casserole

Yesterday Calories out:849
25 Minute swim
60 Minute hatha Yoga

alaskanlaughter
05-28-2013, 12:44 PM
im so sunburned :( I knew it would happen, even with sunscreen on, but it was so nice to sit in the sun for awhile yesterday.....I didn't sleep well because I was hot and cold at the same time from the sunburn ugh

I got up at 6:15 a.m. and felt fine though, despite not much restful sleep...and went for a 2.5 mile run/walk (mostly run) on a route around the area....was nice being up early and getting it out of the way....came home, cleaned the kitchen, started laundry and now i'm heading to work for the whole day, no breaks or anything on my summer work schedule

IanG
05-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I broke the Tuesday stall but boy did I have to earn it. Down 0.6 lbs today.

Nearing those 2-single digits. Cannot wait!

Anyways:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with light mayo. Two olives.

Lunch: Salad (corn, lettuce, chicken, kidney beans, edame beans, chick peas, cottage cheese, onion, carrot, olives, spicy salsa, egg).

Exercise: 45 minutes in the gym, lifting heavy.

sotypical
05-28-2013, 02:37 PM
The last few days have been a bit higher then they should have been but still under 1800 so not terrible I guess. I was really hoping to keep today low but a girlfriend wants to go for sushi for dinner so I just have to hope my willpower is strong and I don't over do it there.

Today's plan:
B: smoothie: frozen pineapple, frozen strawberries, spinach and V8 peach mango juice
S: coffee w/ milk, strawberries, boiled egg
L: salad: beans, cucumber, tuna, red pepper, lemon juice; grape tomatoes
S: banana
D: going out for sushi :/

Syckgirlsfv
05-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Wow, I've missed a lot! :dizzy:

I haven't posted due to the holiday weekend, and the fact that my scale died on Thursday night :( Went and got batteries for it, but no cigar! I went 3 days without one and just got a new one yesterday, and I was a little hesitant to get on because while I've been mostly OP with eating, we've been having cocktails at night through the weekend. I was afraid I'd see a huge gain either due to that, or maybe the old scale not being accurate. I'm happy to report only a 1.5 pound water gain this whole weekend! :carrot:

Got my cap, gown, and gold honors stole on Friday :D Graduation is the 12th!

Food today -

B - refried beans, cottage cheese
S - mini babybel light
L - salad w/baby spinach, coleslaw, deli turkey, honey mustard bolthouse farms dressing
S - greek yogurt w/cranberry nut mix pouch (low sodium)
D - either leftover ground beef/spinach/mushroom skillet w/brown rice, or salmon patties, fresh steamed asparagus or broccoli, and vermicelli. Haven't decided yet - I'll know after our extra long bike ride this evening! :bike2:

geoblewis
05-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Confession...I ate all of today's calories by lunchtime! Now going down for a nap. See you tomorrow! (I hit the weights this morning and am sore from yesterday's workout too. Trying to feed my muscles.)

alaskanlaughter
05-28-2013, 09:14 PM
I am exhausted...I spent 5 of the 7 hours at work moving heavy furniture around....and that was AFTER my early morning run...I had some help from a new girl working with me but the lead person there (it was just us 3) can't help because of her heart condition and was already at the dr last weekend for her heart again....so I really did the bulk of the moving today....i'm feeling it now :(

its sunny and HOT.....hot being in the 70s temps for us lol....have a few errands to run and then i'll be done for the day

Diana3271
05-28-2013, 10:36 PM

Chronostasis Enjoy your vacation!

Psychic Yes! A new week! How did you do today? I hope it was better for you.

Amarantha Congrats on enjoying the sundae in moderation. Great NSV! :carrot:

Ona I was able to deal with the banana pudding, but other things I cannot. I just cannot have certain things in the house or they will cause me problems. Good job this weekend. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's health issues. Enjoy the time you have together. Hang in there. :hug: We are here for you if you need to talk. You can post here or send me a PM.

Radiojane You got some good sleep yesterday! I know that was wonderful! Congrats on the 1.3 pounds. A friend sent me a yoga DVD. I will try it out this week.

Ian You have earned and worked hard for all those 70+ pounds you have lost! You keep up the hard work! Great job on the .6!

Sotypical Good luck with the sushi dinner tonight.

Syckgirlsfv Good job keeping things in moderation over the weekend.

Geoblewis I hope you had a good nap and rested well.

Alaskanlaughter Good job staying active during your day to day life.

GMNEVO
05-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Great weekend disaster for the fit/weightloss progress. Well just got back from a 4 day vacation, messed up my lower back and now have stron pains when walking/moving my right leg yey me! No exercise in 4 days + haven't been good at staying on track since we ate out every day and my bf kept ordering dessert I didn't order any for myself but ate a few scoops of everything! Tomorrow I will see the damage bye bye -10 in may unless I magically loose 3 pounds on 3 days without exercising :(

Diana3271
05-28-2013, 10:39 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled salmon 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #12's
YoAero-Serene (stretch workout 30 minutes)

Diana3271
05-28-2013, 10:40 PM
GMNEVO I hope your back gets better soon. Until you can workout again, just try to stay on track food wise. You can do it.

HungryHungryHippo
05-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Everything is good with food, although I definitely find myself acting out in other ways. Namely alcohol and shopping. I'm just so grateful to be in what feels like such a "state of grace" with my lifelong nemesis, overeating, but I've gotten reminders that I need to keep the other things in check, too.

Diana3271
05-29-2013, 08:15 AM

Weigh In: 160.6
Down: .2

Amarantha2
05-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Good morning, all! I will be sleeping in today & then need to go shopping for kefir, which I like to never run out of & a chair.

Diana, thanks for the congrats on the sundae NSV! :wave: congrats on being down .2.

My cals for yesterday were 2100, steps 15,000+ & that is pretty much the day!

Chronostasis
05-29-2013, 11:10 AM
I've been REALLY hungry lately, while living off mostly navel oranges, peanut butter and celery, and some cheese (the only GF road food...) I think that it's because I'm not eating enough protein; I know the PB and cheese have protein, but I've been trying to limit those (so the calories don't go way out of hand) and it ends up not being enough. Inadequate water intake may also be contributing. Hopefully I can start remedying both of those once we hit the grocery store.

This morning I had some tea and an entire bag of microwave popcorn (I know, I know, not what I should eat, but I'm HUNGRY and it was the only thing on hand. At least the butter and salt seemed pretty dialed-down, and I limited myself to ONE bag, not two.) I'll probably also get some eggs somewhere.

In better news, I am wearing size M sleeveless shirts and sundresses (which I would never dare wear before!) here on the beach and really appreciating the difference in my body so far. =) I got in lots of exercise yesterday running up and down the beach and "swimming" in the ocean. My legs sure feel it now!

Gonna Get There Soon
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Well I drank a little more beer than I should have this weekend. I had three one night and three the next, so I'm sure that put me over my cals. *ugh*
I relaspsed on the smoking.....double ugh. I will jump back on the wagon though and try again. I won't quit trying until I quit!
And exercise...what can I even say about that? I suck at consistency. I just can't seem to make goal in this area. It's just like I'm soooo exhausted when I get home. I need to figure this out!
I am trying the 30 day squat challenge starting today. I have to do 50 of them. I will again fail my weight loss and exercise challenge for this month.
Ok but enough wallowing. Today is a new day!!
1400 cals yesterday

alaskanlaughter
05-29-2013, 11:42 AM
getting into my summer routine....got up about 515 a.m. and went for a half-hour run/walk, mostly run...in fact I shaved 2 minutes off my time on that route so I must've done something right lol....beautiful cool sunny morning and not supposed to get quite so hot today...its 645 a.m. and im off to work now

Eliasson
05-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Is it too late for me to jump in here and be accountable too? I'm desperate and can use all the help I can get. Going to try really hard to stay on track today and to especially stay strong this evening when I tend to lose my resolve! Thank you!

Radiojane
05-29-2013, 12:17 PM
I got a visit from the woosh fairy last night. I hope it sticks. Down 3.6 to a new low of 369.9. Hope I can stay that low until Friday (if not beyond), it would be great to have an 8 pound loss for the month.

No workout yesterday, I needed a break after yoga, but I'll be back in the pool this morning. I confess I binged on chocolate last night (no excuses - but it was triggered by a really bad day), and I need to recover from that, so I'm going to take it easy on calories today.

IanG
05-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Way to go on the loss Radiojane!

My Tuesday stall hid and then came back to hit me on Wednesday. Up 0.8lbs today.

So 2-single digits will have to wait!

Anyways:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with light mayo. Two olives.

Lunch: Salad (corn, lettuce, chicken, chick peas, cottage cheese, onion, carrot, olives, spicy salsa, egg, strawberry, artichoke, mushroom).

Exercise: 45 minutes in the gym, ran 2 miles and got my fastest mile record down to 9 minutes 30 seconds. Did some weights as well. Walked 2.38 miles to and from work.

I have a big restaurant dinner with work colleagues tomorrow night at a Brazilian meet restaurant. Members here have advised me what to eat, namely to go large on the salad, skip dessert and bread, and if I have to have meat to go for either fillet mignon or chicken. I hope I can pull through and just go large on the drink instead.

I have decided to wear a pink shirt and pink tie with black pants tomorrow.

geoblewis
05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Weight bounced up for a day, by two pounds, but back down again this morning. I'm about to head out for a busy day. I've armed myself with a good breakfast of cauliflower hash with 2 strips of bison bacon and 2 eggs, plus coffee with cream. Packed almonds and olives for my snack. I have no intention of eating again till just before my workout this afternoon. Took a bison steak out of the freezer and I have lots of salad greens that need to be eaten. And my mission is to go to bed early!

Yesterday someone brought a giant bucket of cherries to work. It's cherry season here and there seems to be a good crop this year. But alas, I can't have any! Because there is no eating one cherry and walking away for Georgia!

See ya'll tomorrow! Hope your plans all come to fruition!

Syckgirlsfv
05-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Morning all! :wave:

Congrats to all of you having such great successes this week!!! I'm still 1.5 up but it's water and will come off. Not worried :dizzy:

I GOT TICKETS TO ANDREW DICE CLAY! In VEGAS! He's doing a show at the Hard Rock on July 5th (which is when I'm there) :lol: I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! Great timing!!! :cp:

Dinner last night was a Louisiana Red Hot sausage, asparagus, and vermicelli. We rode bikes on the Chandler bike path in Burbank for just over an hour, in wind that was crazy! Made us work extra hard...good exercise! :bike2:

B - SBD wrap w/egg sub., light swiss, 1/4 avocado (SO GOOD)
S - mini babybel light, asparagus spears
L - ground beef/spinach/mushroom skillet leftovers
S - greek yogurt w/cranberry nut mix
D - something quick before bible study...probably salmon patty or red hot sausage, broccoli or asparagus, maybe vermicelli...

Have a GREAT DAY all!!! :D

Hoopty
05-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Yesterday's Calories-in: 3860
Calories-out: 860

Psychic
05-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Yesterday's Calories: 1438
Today's Weight: 177.2

Well, no loss, but also no gain. I did well on calories yesterday. I'm doing well so far today as well. I'm trying to incorporate more exercise into my day as well.

Diana3271
05-29-2013, 05:51 PM

HungryHungryHippo There's always something to work on isn't it? I guess if we stop growing and learning we die. ;) :lol:

Amarantha Thank you. Keep up the great work.

Chronostasis Congrats on the mediums! :carrot: Enjoy the swimming!

Gonna Get There Soon Today is a new day. Keep working toward your goals. You will get there.

Alaskanlaughter Great job getting that run in, first thing in the morning! :carrot:

Eliasson Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: We look forward to watching you reach your weight loss goals. You can do it!

Radiojane Yay for the whoosh fairy! :yay: Congrats!

Ian Did you work on Monday? If not your body is on schedule. It thinks today is Tuesday. ;) We have one of those Brazilian restaurants in town but I have never been. I can't wait to hear about it.

Geoblewis Good job planning your day.

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on scoring the tickets! I know you are excited about going to Vegas and even more so now! :carrot:

Hoopty You obviously got a great workout in!

Psychic Glad yesterday went well and you are off to a great start for today.

Diana3271
05-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi Everyone!

How was your day?

I saw a link for a new type of exercise program on another forum where I am a member. It looks like a great idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1lbLKa04vlk#!

But I also saw this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MsNKRXYaME
I love me some UFC fighting!

Both of them look good, but they are on totally different ends of the spectrum. :D

Which looks like my style? Which do you think the Dr. would like me to do? :rofl:

Diana3271
05-29-2013, 10:00 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled steak 400 calories
raw sugar snap peas 100 calories
snow peas 100 calories
small fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

IanG
05-29-2013, 10:08 PM
But I also saw this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MsNKRXYaME
I love me some UFC fighting!

I watched the video. Thought OMG. And then realized that Diana is so hardcore that she wouldn't just do the workout, she'd add some weighted gloves into the mix! I'm scared. Very scared.

alaskanlaughter
05-29-2013, 10:20 PM
exhausted and have a swollen throat....im not sick, its dust or pollen or allergies or something...my whole neck feels stiff and swollen...maybe muscle related from moving furniture yesterday

I had a good day until the very last bit of work when somehow FIVE ice cream bars found its way into my mouth :( that suckssss....im over on WW points now too...luckily im not hungry yet and should be able to keep it together tonight....still bummed though about it...I was hot, tired, sore, hungry and alone in the school kitchen :(

Diana3271
05-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I watched the video. Thought OMG. And then realized that Diana is so hardcore that she wouldn't just do the workout, she'd add some weighted gloves into the mix! I'm scared. Very scared.

There 'ya go! You're getting the hang of things! :lol:

ETA: I'm off to do a yoga DVD right now. :yoga: Hmm, should I Zen or zone? :rofl:

Diana3271
05-29-2013, 10:42 PM
alaskanlaughter I bet the neck issue is from all of the furniture moving. Sorry about the ice cream. You probably went over your points, but it's not by much. You may have eaten at a maintenance range. Tomorrow is a new day to try again. :hug:

HungryHungryHippo
05-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Eliasson - Hey, and welcome!

RadioJane - woohoo--you're into a new "decade"--congrats!!

Geoblewis -- mmm, cauliflower hash and cherries!!

Hoopty - 3800 calories in? You sure about that?! Well, it sounds like maybe it was something special and fun!

Today was my first Jillian workout post-surgery. It's been 2 weeks. (I started running again after 1 week.) Glad I didn't wait any longer--it had gotten kind of easy, before, but today I had to push myself.

Diana3271
05-30-2013, 08:14 AM

I added in a short 20 minute relaxing yoga routine before bed last night. :yoga:

I don't know if I should report this, yet. It seems every time something good happens and I mention it, it bites me in the butt. Anyways, I think yesterday was my last day of TTOM. We'll see how today goes. If this is true, it was only 7 days. That is huge for me. :yay: I have made a change that could contribute to this. Let me see how it goes and then we can get into all of that. :lol:

Weigh In: 160.2
Down: .4

mamakat
05-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

RadioJane awesome job on the whoosh, very nice!

Ian Pink, any special reason? Pink and black are nice together. Hope your dinner is a good one.

Diana as always, you crack me up. How did yoga go?

alaskan sorry to hear about your throat. I hope you feel better soon. Ice cream sandwiches are the most evil things ever...so delicious and just small enough for "just one more" and before you know it...yikes. I've been there. Shake it off and go for a run :)

Syckgirl awesome on the score. I had no idea he was still around. Your trip to Vegas sounds like fun.

Well, I have been busy painting (still). Today's trial is painting over my stairs without a ladder. I need to treat the 'oopsies' from painting the walls without a ladder then I need to finish the small ceiling. I have no special tools for this or ladders so I'm trying to figure out what I can do. DH is talking the little giant ladder or special cutting in tools that cost over 300 and you have to order on line. I want to do it now and I don't want to fork over dough to do it. Sucks to be short :p I will do this, I just have to use my mind and figure out how.

My house is changing before my eyes. Like dieting and exercising has been doing, me working around the house has been an inspiration. My DD has been slimming down and my DH has been building projects that we have ignored for a thousand years. I have a new wall (already painted) and this week he is working on the railing (I removed the carpet which messed up the spindles and now he's fixed an ugly spot and put in stair trim). It's kinda cool that I don't say anything (no nagging needed) he just sees I've done something and feels like he must one up me and do something too. I don't mind the one upping as long as the house gets done...it's starting to look really nice. I just know when the floors are painted black everything will be awesome. Can't paint the floors until I paint the ceilings..dumb staircase is holding everything up!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day. Keep moving :)

Psychic
05-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1685
Today's Weight: 176.8

Other than going over a bit due to the delicious lemon pie ice cream I bought, I did fairly well yesterday.

geoblewis
05-30-2013, 11:25 AM
I had a stressful day yesterday and caved to a small serving of sweet potato fries at lunch, then later, before bed, had a couple pieces of toast with butter. I don't know how so little food can add up to a 2-lb. gain overnight. Frustrates the heck out of me! Well, I do know, because with carb intake comes water retention.

So, back to severely restricted carbs.

Things have been piling up at work, and I've fallen behind on some projects. Stress leads to lack of sleep, which leads to extra nibbling in order to stay awake. I hate that cycle!

Today I started off with a higher protein breakfast. I've got a lunch date with a girlfriend. Already know that I'm going to order a half salad and piece of salmon. And NO cocktails! Then I think I'm going to skip eating till tomorrow. I just feel like clearing things out a bit.

This evening it's Pilates class. Friday morning I've got my usual two-hour workout of cardio, weights, TRX and Pilates. After that, I'm driving down to L.A. for the weekend. So I won't be checking in again till Monday. I'm spending the weekend with my bestie. Time for some fun!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Amarantha2
05-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Good morning all! Woot! :wave:

Just a flyby to say 2175 calories for Wednesday, did weights and 12,000+ steps plus cleared brush for a while with a neighbor near our mutual fence and also did yoga.

Radiojane
05-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Flyby for me too, last day at work before the wedding (and to be quite honest, most of what I'm doing is wedding stuff. Within calorie range yesterday, but both meals were take out, so I have a sodium gain. Got my swim in yesterday and hoping to make yoga again tonight. Wedding is Saturday, so I probably won't check in again until Monday.

Have a great weekend!

sotypical
05-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Congrats to everyone who has had loses so far this week!

Forgot to come by yesterday - my sushi dinner didn't end up as good as I have hoped. I know next time that this new place loves sauce, bleh.

So yesterday was good, except my calories were a bit too low at 989 - not intentional at all. Aiming for 1200 today.

B - nice and natural peanut bar, coffee w/ skim milk
S - banana
L - steamed green beans, cod (cooked in a bit of butter, lemon juice and spices) and homemade perogies
S - cucumber and grape tomoates
D - breakfast sausage, poached eggs and a slice of homemade bread

Gonna Get There Soon
05-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow- Diana- I'm so impressed how you keep up with the personals!! What an awesome thread!

So- I think I broke into the 170's hurray! I'm going to wait until next Tuesday to make it official...but I'm certainly hopeful.
I went running yesterday! hurray again!
I have a questions though....I use the myfitnesspal to track cals..and it put me on 1200/day. I eat a lot of veggies..especially spinach. I have fruit, some dairy and a healthy amount of protein. By the end of the day, I've only reached like 950 cals.... I don't FEEL hungry. I feel great in fact. But it always tells me I'm not getting enough calories. Should I eat even if my body isn't signaling? I'm confused.
a typical day for me is:
B- Banana/tomato juice
S- Cheese stick
L- Whole wheat tortilla with spinach, lentils, almonds, raisins, tomatos, onions
S- sometimes another cheese stick...sometimes nothing
D- Meat ( mainly red meat), spinach salad, a pasta dish

have a great day!!

Syckgirlsfv
05-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Mamakat and Diana Apparently after losing everything and being out of the game a while, Dice has made a comeback :D Here's a great article about it if you want to read it, it's not long ;)

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/andrew-dice-clays-surprising-comeback-and-why-he-wont-stop-saying-fag-20121228

it's rather amazing the weight he lost and all :dizzy:

Last night I had bible study so in order to have a quick meal I ended up having a red hot sausage wrapped in an SBD wrap. When I got there, instead of cookies or other desserts there was a nice platter of honeydew melon and strawberries, which was super nice! :p Had a cabbage/spinach/blue cheese crumbles salad and then a glass of wine. Still low on the scale, just that darn 1.5 pounds hanging in but it usually happens mid-cycle anyhow.

B - SBD wrap with egg sub and avocado
S - light mini babybel
L - black bean burger w/american cheese, cabbage/spinach salad w/bolthouse farms dressing
S - greek yogurt w/cranberry nut mix
D - planned: salmon patty, fresh steamed broccoli, either black or kidney beans w/green salsa
WINE at bedtime (1 glass)
Going to the gym tonight - I still have a bit of pain in my elbow, so I'll have to see what I can do without making it worse. Whatever chest and/or back exercises I can do plus cardio, and abs.

QUESTION: I'm graduating on the 12th, any suggestions on what I should be wearing under my cap and gown? Are black slacks ok? :?:

Gonna Get There Soon
05-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Syckgirlsfv- Congrats on graduating!!! Absolutely, I think black slacks are good. Of course if the weather is hot...you might get a little warm though

IanG
05-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes mamakat, pink. It is a great shirt and one I had not worn before, so because I am going out tonight I thought I would take it for a spin!

Anyway, down 0.6lbs today. I am posting this before going out for dinner this evening so will need to report back on that tomorrow.

Anyways:

2 open raw mushroom sandwiches with light mayo.

Lunch: Teeny-weeny salad (corn, lettuce, cottage cheese, onion, carrot, olives, egg, artichoke, mushroom, beans).

Dinner: Brazilian meat restaurant. Could go either way!

Exercise: 45 minutes in the gym lifting weights. Walked 2.38 miles to and from work.

Syckgirlsfv
05-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Syckgirlsfv- Congrats on graduating!!! Absolutely, I think black slacks are good. Of course if the weather is hot...you might get a little warm though

Thanks! It's just my AA, I'm heading to Cal State L.A. in September to start my B.S. But I wasn't sure what to wear under it that would be appropriate. Like I know jeans are wrong :p I wasn't sure what most of the others will wear - like a dress? I don't even HAVE a dress, LOL! :rofl: Not a real big girlie-girl :D

I don't like the shredded cabbage I bought from Trader Joes very much - it isn't as good as the bagged cole slaw I get from Pavilion's. Not sure why, but it seems to have a more cabbagey taste, unless it's the salsa ranch Bolthouse Farms dressing I used. :(

Diana3271
05-30-2013, 11:38 PM

HungryHungryHippo Good job getting back to Jillian. :carrot:

Mamakat Do you realize how hard it is to relax? Last night I was trying to Zen or maybe Zone, whichever happened first, and DH comes in the house, banging around, turns on the TV, then he started asking me questions, etc. I am literally in the bedroom with the door closed. I think it's easier to stay tense and stressed. :rofl: Good job on the house and staying active.

Psychic I'm glad your day went well. :bravo:

Geoblewis The gain is probably from the extra carbs. Tomorrow will be a very active day for you. Enjoy your weekend in LA!

Amarantha Hi :wave: Another good one for you.

Radiojane Have fun and enjoy all the activities.

Sotypical I also prefer sauces on the side.

Gonna Get There Soon Congrats on the 170's!

Syckgirlsfv I would think black pants would be just fine. Can you ask at the school? They may have a dress code, especially since you are getting special honors. The school requested that all the females wore black dresses when we graduated. I have the Salsa Ranch and I like it. I use it on grilled chicken tacos.

Ian Enjoy your dinner tonight. I can't wait to hear about it.

Diana3271
05-30-2013, 11:42 PM

We had to do something right after work. I couldn't eat at my normal time. I was getting very hungry and I only had access to a tub of Fage plain Greek Yogurt. I ate that to hold me over. I still ate my regular dinner, so my calories are a little higher today.

Total 1640 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (860 Calories)
Greek yogurt 260 calories
grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (Premix: both workouts)

HungryHungryHippo
05-31-2013, 02:49 AM
MamaKat--you are totally inspiring me!! We have an old house, too, but have temporarily just given up!

RadioJane--wow--it is this w/e?! ENJOY!!!

I am having a little bit of trouble at the other end of the scale. I NEVER thought that would happen. I've been the fat girl, off-and-on, all my life, and my high weight this go-round (in my siggy) is about 20 pounds lower than my all-time high weight. It's just so ingrained in me (and all of us, I think), to feel good when we lose a pound and bad when we gain, that I've had / am having trouble not holding on to losses beyond my goal weight. It's also very gratifying to fit in the smallest size in the store. But people have been commenting, and the pictures are starting to be a little freaky. If only I could slightly spot-regain (arms and legs). I just don't want to give up my finally-flat belly.

Amarantha2
05-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Woot, good morning, all & thank you for the nice comment, Diana! I get really inspired by your ongoing consistency & enjoy reading your menus.

HHH, I wish I could spot shape some areas better, too, but it doesn't seem to happen even with lifting consistently, although that does kind of help round up my arms. Your stats look great!

Had a nice day yesterday with an elder friend who is unexpectedly doing way better than I thought. Was very tired when I came home & figured I would not do the rest of steps as I had loads of them to go but then went ahead & walked a long time & got 12,000+ in! Calories 1450!

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Good Morning :wave: TGIF! :dance: I'm glad it was a short week and the weekend is here! :carrot:

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

TTOM decided to hang around a little yesterday, but is gone now! :yay:

Calories for yesterday: 1640 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.8
Down: .4

Psychic
05-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1485
Today's Weight: 176

Finally a loss. As long as I stay on track, I should be down to 172 by the end of this month. I didn't do so well in the last month. I ate mainly maintenance calories and only lost a little over 2 pounds.

Gonna Get There Soon
05-31-2013, 10:25 AM
I did good yesterday. I ran and stayed OP. I didn't drink ANY soda either. My scale has been really good to me today. But I'm going to wait until Tuesday to make it official..since technically I'm not supposed to weigh in until then. (I get a little carried away with the scale sometimes...especially around a whoosh time)
1270 cals in yesterday
290 cals lost in exercise

Psychic- congrats on the loss!
I am so looking forward to the weekend. There is an air show we are going to take the kiddos to. So it should be fun. Then out to the lake for some well deserved swimming!

Syckgirlsfv
05-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Morning!!! Happy FRIDAY!!! :carrot:

Dinner was so good last night! Salmon patties, fresh steamed broccoli with lemon and parmesan cheese, black beans with green salsa and parmesan. Rode bikes for over an hour instead of the gym...hoping my elbow will quit being *****y! Then some wine at bedtime. :D

Weight down .6, I'll take that!

B - SBD wrap w/egg sub, light swiss, avocado
S - mini babybel light, almonds
L - last night's leftover salmon patty, broccoli, and black beans
S - cranberry nut mix (ran out of greek yogurt to go with it :cry:)
D - mystery for now :dizzy:
will have WINE!

Diana - you are right, I will ask somebody at the college since I have a grad rehearsal on Monday night :D

On a side note - my elbow is pissing me off! I haven't lifted weights in over a week and it still hurts! :shrug: If that's going to be the case, I'll just lift any way! :rolleyes:

Psychic
05-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Syckgirlsfv - My gowns for college were blue, and I just wore black slacks and a nice blouse. High school graduation was terrible. Outdoors graduation with white gowns, white dresses, and RAIN.

Syckgirlsfv
05-31-2013, 01:13 PM
Syckgirlsfv - My gowns for college were blue, and I just wore black slacks and a nice blouse. High school graduation was terrible. Outdoors graduation with white gowns, white dresses, and RAIN.

ours are maroon, and I have a gold stole to go with it. I'm thinking definitely the black slacks, if they don't have any requirements. Maybe good excuse to buy a nice new blouse! :dizzy:

IanG
05-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Last night was amazing. I had a delicious salad at the restaurant and a ton of wine. And the meat was excellent, which I ate with the salad. I tried to stay with various cuts of steak and chicken as advised by 3FC members.

So I am up a pound today but it was a fun night, I looked great and the company was great.

But I am being naughty today. Because I ate late yesterday, I don't particularly feel hungry today so I skipped breakfast and it looks like I am skipping lunch too. I also want to put a dent in the pound gain, which may also be sodium so there might be more gain coming tomorrow.

Anyways:

Lunch: Skipped.

Don't count calories. Can't count. But there won't be many today.

Exercise: Ran 2.5 miles in 25 minutes (my longest distance ever!) One hour practising my tennis serve...next mixed doubles match is on Monday!

sotypical
05-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Diana3271 - nice to see someone else who likes sauce on the side! Sometimes I get funny looks when I ask for that. But seriously, how can anyone enjoy sushi when it is covered in sauce?

Yesterday was good, 1124 calories. I got my Fitbit all set back up a few days but I totally keep forgetting to wear it! Third morning in a row I remembered half way to work.

B - tim hortons egg white sandwich on english muffin w/ ham, large coffee w/milk (280 calories)
L - 1 slice of homemade bread, two breakfast sausages, small slice of aged cheddar, yellow peper, grape tomatoes, cucumber (397 calories)
D - I am thinking about making asian beef noodle soup but not 100% sure yet
Total without dinner - 667 calories

Chronostasis
05-31-2013, 09:31 PM
quick flyby - I almost had a good diet day today...but then I ended up nibbling a lot in the evening. :( Vacation food has been hard, I can't eat much of what I normally eat. Oh well. I've stopped myself now, and I'll do my best to be back on track tomorrow. Wish I had a scale to weigh in today - I want to know how many pounds I lost in May.

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Getting us started for the new month!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/282679-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-june-2013-everyone-welcome.html