Brb girls revving up the thread Wheres my COFFEEEE
Old 06-04-2003, 08:31 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Girls
I gave in to sin last night and today i know what crap feels like
yes I have a carb hangover
Yesterday was a tough day on all fronts
Pesonally I'm nervous about not having a job yet and bf was giving me grief (we'll file that under men are wierd later)
It just kindof snowballed
into eating some peices of donut, pb toast and a potato
Ok So its not a binge but as soon as those foods passed my lips (to nestle on my hips) I got a bad news headache and the acid reflux i haven't had in a week
I couldn't even go to bed
So without a doubt back OP today and calling the job frm last week to see if decisions have been made
If not a friend of minejust revealed she has a car so I can go back to my old job for at least a month at this point cash and getting out of the house is a bonus lol
Ok enough of my mad rambling on to email and then To conquer BREAKFAST!
(0k thats a lil too braveheart even for me)
Come out and play
Old 06-04-2003, 09:13 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!!

Good morning, everyone!!

Not much going on here. I got my hair cut last night and it's quite a bit shorter. The stylist suggested this stuff to use on my hair, but it's not really doing the job for me. I have naturally wavy hair and I usually use mousse and some hairspray to make it a little "chunky", but this stuff just made it all frizzy. It's a lot shorter, she took off about 4 inches from the bottom layers and trimmed up my shorter layers. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.

Last night didn't go well eating-wise. Aaron and I had a bunch of running around to do and didn't sit down for dinner until about 8:30 last night at Pizza Hut. I oinked out on the salad bar (regular dressing, cheese, and everything!) and had a Marinara Pasta Bake, which, according to Dotti's Weight Loss Zone website is only 6.5 points. Too bad I blew it so bad on the salad bar. But, today is a new day, I'm not going to waste time kicking myself for yesterday when I can be planning for a successful day today.

Kier--Good luck with the job thing!! They'd be foolish not to hire you, so I'm sure when you call it will be all GREAT news!!

That's about all I know... I'll try to stop back in later and do some responding.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:21 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Question Men are Wierd

ok SO I'm Killing 15 minutes Till I call these ppl
(thanks for the encouragement btw Jess)
So last night bf and I were supposed to hang out he calls eventually to say he has too much to do running around by the time he makes his dinner its going to be 10:30
Which is late to hang out on a work night
I was like ok no problemo and I got in jammies early (due to aforementioned headache)
he calls me back 20 min later and says (in a pouty voice) the store is closed and I miss you
I said you told me you had things to do and I'm in Jammies
then he ries o make me feel guilty about it!?
Men are so Wierd!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:23 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ooh one more thing jess I have bizarro frizzy hair sometimes you're ging to laugh youknow what tends to work miracles? That old school Gel in a jar you know the kind your mom or indeed gramma used also when I hd shorter hair I'd put all my products in with my head upside down ad shake it
Old 06-04-2003, 10:07 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

well i didnt get the job Doesanyone have any technical skill to spare? anywho off to feed thenatives
Old 06-04-2003, 10:55 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Good morning ladies. I actually managed to stay OP yesterday! I was excited, however DH had about 45 pts He is allowed 34. But he said that he still ate a lot better than normal so that is good. I have not exercised yet this wk which is bad but I think I will squeeze it in today.

I just went and looked at a condo on a whim and it is beautiful and comes with appliances which is so cool. I just think I will be lost without a bsmt or at least a garage. I don't know where we would store anything. I am kind of annoyed b/c our realtor is taking a leave due to health problems (that is not what I am annoyed about) and her replacement told me he would send us some more housed via email and he hasn't. I am tired of this process and feeling sorry for myself. My goal is to not emotional eat today. OH well hope I didn't rain on anyones parade. BTW speaking of rain. It is JUNE 4th rainy and 60 is the high. Uhhhh. I just want to go back to bed. Are you guys sure it is Wed and not MOnday?????

Kieri- Men are weird. I remember that, DH would say he had sooo much to do and had to study and the next thing I know he wants me to come over and OF COURSE the guilt thing. Sheesh men!!! Sorry about the job just remember that means there is something better out there!

Jess- Good attitude! Move on and I will see you at the day to day challenge thread!!

Sorry I am such a bundle of joy today ladies I am sure my mood will improve after lunch! I am starving! 1 hour to go!!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:39 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kierie - I'm sorry this job didn't come through for you. Job hunting is so draining. I'm sure that the reason this one didn't work out is because a better position is coming along soon. Men are weird - CB does stuff like that once in a blue moon - I tell him he's welcome to come over but I may be asleep!

Jess - Give your hair some time. It is probably just rebelling today. I'll bet you love the new 'do in a week. Look at the salad bar this way...you got some veggies in.

I was very reassured this morning to check in and find out that you girls had a hard time with the eating thing yesterday. Not because I wish trouble for you but because I had a rotten eating day of my own. I was feeling very alone in my struggle and it comforts me to know that I'm not the only one in the world struggling to eat healthy/lose weight.

I'm not sure I expressed myself very well in the paragraph above and I apologize if I offended anyone - I really do wish only the best for you - just good to know I'm not alone.

I spent a lot of yesterday thinking about my weight and all my food "issues". I had a really rough day eating wise and by the end of the day was incredibly sad about everything. Usually when I talk to CB about weight gain, poor eating habits, lack of exercise, etc. he tries to "fix" the situation by offering suggestions as to what I should do. I was pretty reluctant to talk to him last night. I'm so glad I did though. I told him how disappointed I am in myself for gaining weight back, how scared I am that I will never get back on track and I will gain it all back, that I'm terrified that I will always be overweight and uncomfortable in my skin. I told him that someday's all I think about is food - what I last ate, what I will eat next, how I can avoid people so I can eat something unhealthy without anyone knowing, how I classify food into "good" and "bad", etc., etc. (Can I just tell you how much I love this man?) He listened to me. He listened to all of it. And he didn't offer one single "fix". He just told me that he wanted me to be happy with myself and that he'd support me in whatever I decided I needed in order to make that happen. He told me that if I had the strength to lose weight before that it means I still have the strength to do it - that I just need to find it.

Why is it I believe more in his faith in me than in my faith in myself?

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to proceed but for the first time in many months I'm at peace with myself.

So this was long, and rambling, and boring. But I needed to share and I promise not to be so self-centered this afternoon.

BBL

Laura
Old 06-04-2003, 11:40 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I thought that I had escaped the b-day cake tradition that we have at work HOWEVER they brought it today. CHEESECAKE! I think that I will attempt to eat 1/2 a piece instead of a whole. I don't know though with the way I am feeling today I may eat half the cake I am in a little better of a mood b/c dh just called and he doesn't have to work late Ok gotta go!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #10  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ We were posting at the same time. I understand it is nice not to be alone in this constant struggle. Your CB sounds wonderful! I am glad that he supports you. Tell me more about your relationship?? HOw long have you been dating etc? I am out of the loop! Well I am glad that you shared all of that with us and NO it was not boring! Were here for you!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:57 AM   #11  
Proud Canadian

I have to be quick again this morning. It's convocation for the next three days up here and that means busy, busy, busy! My allergies are making me very tired so I've had to start taking anti-histamines. I sure hope they work. I hate falling asleep at work. Good news is I get to go work out in the gym after work. Time to get back to it!!
KT
Old 06-04-2003, 03:19 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Sorry, Kierie, about the job. I'm sure something will come along though. Just don't give up.

Jess: I got my hair cut last night too. And it's pretty short. I also got it highlighted, and I love it. I first went to this hairdresser 8 weeks ago, with my hair well past my shoulders (I grew it out for the wedding, really) and came out with it above my shoulders. She went even shorter this time. It kind of looks like Rene Zellweger's new 'do. I really like it.

Well, I better get back to work! Hi to all!
Closed Thread