100 lb. Club - Weight loss confessions

View Full Version : Weight loss confessions

Mozzy
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Each of the age groups has a thread like this, but I didn't notice one here in my favorite group!

The rules are simple: ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGING OTHER PEOPLE'S CONFESSIONS! (No snarky comments, no back handed compliments, no hurting feelings)

Be honest, be truthful, be free...

Mozzy
05-23-2013, 03:01 PM
I weigh myself daily, but more than that I weigh myself several times in the morning until I see a number I'm happy with. Only then do I count it as official. (It's never the first number of the day)

Wannabehealthy
05-23-2013, 03:05 PM
I weigh myself daily, but more than that I weigh myself several times in the morning until I see a number I'm happy with. Only then do I count it as official. (It's never the first number of the day)

I won't weigh myself unless I feel like I've lost weight.

amandie
05-23-2013, 03:09 PM
I confess... My motivation to lose is waning a bit. I drink more than I should and that sometimes ends up eating more than I should due to the munchies. I am hanging in there, trying to push through and still finding a balance at this weight.

PreciousMissy
05-23-2013, 03:12 PM
On a daily basis, I second guess myself. Am I doing the right thing? Should I be working harder to lose weight faster? Am I failure because I've only lost 18lb thus far?

ChickieBoom
05-23-2013, 03:14 PM
I confess that I am having a really hard time sticking to plan now that I'm so close. I thought that I would be super motivated to keep going but mostly I feel pretty ok with the way that I look so I'm not as vigilant as I was before.

amandie
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
I confess that I am having a really hard time sticking to plan now that I'm so close. I thought that I would be super motivated to keep going but mostly I feel pretty ok with the way that I look so I'm not as vigilant as I was before.

This is me as well! We can do it!!! Let's keep pushing through.

Underwater
05-23-2013, 03:31 PM
I confess that I am sad that I didn't lose the weight before my wedding in 2010. I tried, but only got to 230, then gained another 10 lbs before the wedding.

Now I have a bunch of great pictures that I don't want to look at. It was a beautiful wedding on a beautiful day. I had a great photographer. I just can't look at them without being upset with myself.

curvynotlumpy
05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
I confess that I'm allowing (or at least I think I'm allowing) a recent break up and broken heart interfere with my weight loss. While my sole motivation to lose weight and improve my health was completely internally driven, it did coincide with the beginning of a two year relationship with a man I was long attracted. Now I just feel blue, not depressed, just blue and not quite on top of my game. My motivation to exercise and eat as well as I should has waned. I fear that somewhere in my subconscious my weight loss was about him :?: and I need and want to change that script immediately!

ChickieBoom
05-23-2013, 03:54 PM
This is me as well! We can do it!!! Let's keep pushing through.

Definitely! We've come way too far to lose steam now!

NorthernChick13
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM

I do this too! I will often have like 6 different numbers! Glad to know I'm not the only one :)

For another one, I definitely have a bad habit of planning binges. I'll eat a little bit through the day to let myself have a 1000 calorie dinner. I stay in calorie range, but I still enjoy stuffing my face. Not super awesome, but ...let's face it, super delish :devil:

jennyplain
05-23-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm mad at myself for stalling out for almost two years, with way too many stops and starts and slight regains to count. I'm mad that all those added up to putting back on 20 pounds of the 50 I lost, which means I have a long way to go to goal. I have friends who've lost weight in this time period and it makes me feel super inferior to them.

mac23foote
05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm mad and I beat myself up daily because I've long over used the, "I'll start tomorrow excuse." One day tomorrow may not come, then what will I have....

lunarsongbird
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Last Thursday I ate FOUR cupcakes instead of eating dinner.
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7197552128/hE8F341EF/

Remington90
05-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I stay on track to a T throughout the week, knowing on Friday and Saturday night I'll dip into the vodka and have a slice of pizza or two. I log it all, stay within my calories. But I've got to stop "starving" myself so I can enjoy a drink. Dammit, Remington stop being a lush!

Nikel1979
05-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Part of me wants to stop losing weight and even gain it back. When I was at my highest, I felt more invisible. I feel less invisible now, and it's really ramped up my social anxiety.

Garnet2727
05-23-2013, 08:43 PM
I rarely exercise anymore. I know that I should. I should just go for a walk or if the weather is bad, ride my stationary recumbent bike. But I just don't do it because exercise hurts and apparently I've turned into a wimp. That expensive bike has turned into a clothes hangar.

ubergirl
05-23-2013, 08:56 PM
I have a tendency to drop my calories very low. Theoretically I'm eating 1200 a day, but I have 800 and 900 days. I find eating very little easier than eating moderately sometimes.

ubergirl
05-23-2013, 08:59 PM
When I REALLY want to see the scale drop, I sometimes take off my bracelet and earrings. I always weigh stark naked. I won't weigh in after my shower because my hair holds several ounces of water. (why do I know this??? what normal person would know something like that???)

Also, I have a tendency to drop my calories very low. Sometimes it's easier to eat very little than to eat moderately.

elvislover324
05-23-2013, 09:30 PM
I confess I wish the nights away so I can weigh myself in the morning to check my progress. (My home scale doesn't count, only my doctor's office but still. I check it. Every.single.day.)

I confess that I was sad today when my husband told me I was starting to get a face like the "old" me. I know he said it as a compliment but I know he meant my younger, thinner self from more than 15 years ago. And then...I ran to the mirror to check her out, yep she's emerging (just a more aged version!).

I confess that I like running into people for the first time since I lost some weight. Someone tonight told my husband she recognized him but not me and did I lose a lot of weight or something? I never know what to say to these blunt people, they stump me every time!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-23-2013, 09:56 PM
I think and then get disappointed in my self for not loosing weight sooner in my life. Sooner so that I might have actually had children and a family. Weight and lack of confidence stopped me from even trying. Weight has also kept me from doing and enjoying things I love in life.... GUESS I am a 2nd halfer LOL YEP!

Quirky Chick
05-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Lately, if I don't feel like making something to eat for lunch or dinner that'd be harder to count the calories of, or I can't be bothered making it, I have been drinking a glass of Green Goodness instead. :o

pnkrckpixikat
05-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I confess I am having the most impossible time getting back on track this time, I find myself eating things I shouldn't because I WANT them, yet HATING myself for my weakness even before I have finished ordering/prepping/eating... yet I can't make the self disgust I am feeling stop myself, makes me want the comfort of what I want to eat even more.... I'm sure I need a shrink or something to deal with this but feel to ashamed to seek one out

Novus
05-23-2013, 10:10 PM
I confess that I'm too embarrassed to confess my confessions. I've written and deleted a post in this thread about 9 times today. :o

elvislover324
05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I confess that I'm too embarrassed to confess my confessions. I've written and deleted a post in this thread about 9 times today. :o

We are here to listen when/if you decide. I changed mine too before posting. I sounded so petty in mine but they are confessions I'm carrying in my heart and afraid to put them in print. :(

lunarsongbird
05-23-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure dieting works.

Elladorine
05-23-2013, 11:57 PM
I keep telling myself how wonderfully patient I am, looking at all my progress and having every reason to be very proud. I mean, 150 lbs. lost? How is that not completely awesome?

And I occasionally break down because it's not happening fast enough. I average .91 lb. a week when I'm doing my very best, and only .31 lb. per week since I first started this journey nine years ago. One of my apps predicts that it'll take seven more years to hit my goal.

I'm still obese and I hate it. :(

AwShucks
05-24-2013, 12:16 AM
...When I was at my highest, I felt more invisible. I feel less invisible now, and it's really ramped up my social anxiety.

I feel this way, too. I'm very uncomfortable with compliments. I don't go anywhere to meet men, but I dread that kind of interaction. I just don't know how to act. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I had so much anxiety around men that when I got away, the first thing I wanted to do was EAT!

shishkeberry
05-24-2013, 01:14 AM
I confess that I've been purging after binges recently and I'm afraid. I want weight loss to be easy again like it was two years ago.

SuperHeroTeacher
05-24-2013, 03:25 AM
I confess that I desperately want my scale to read 231 tomorrow.

jammy255
05-24-2013, 05:54 AM
if I could just eat hamburgers( lettecue wraps) and low carb chocolate protein bars , all day I would! I have been serious thinking of how to pull it off , I really need to stop!

Pink Hurricane
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
I am beyond upset that I have gained 35 pounds whilst on this journey to lose weight from my heaviest weight ever. I have gained 35 pounds in 9 months, it is shameful, that's how I feel. Granted, this week I have lost 2 of those pounds, but still, I failed and went almost all the way back down the slippery slope before I caught myself. I will never do this to myself again.

Martine
05-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I confess that since an abnormal exam at my gynocologist in late January, followed by a biopsy in April for which I will get the results on June 13th, I have not coped well with stress and anxiety and it's been a constant stop-and-start-again effort in my weight loss (more stop than start). I feel crippled by fears of what the diagnosis might be and my head is not in it. It's a shame too, because I was so proud of sticking to my plan for the first month of the year and feeling like I was finally changing my lifestyle to lose weight and lead a healthy life.

elvislover324
05-24-2013, 10:42 AM
I confess that since an abnormal exam at my gynocologist in late January, followed by a biopsy in April for which I will get the results on June 13th, I have not coped well with stress and anxiety and it's been a constant stop-and-start-again effort in my weight loss (more stop than start). I feel crippled by fears of what the diagnosis might be and my head is not in it. It's a shame too, because I was so proud of sticking to my plan for the first month of the year and feeling like I was finally changing my lifestyle to lose weight and lead a healthy life.

:hug: I'll keep you in my prayers, Martine. I know what it's like waiting for test results and the stress is awful. No one understands unless they've been there. I get tested every 3 months (except this time it's 6 months) and the fear and anxiety is 24/7. I pray that these days till 6/13 fly by for you. :hug:

Mozzy
05-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I confess that I'm obsessed with looking at before and after plastic surgery pics...

Radiojane
05-24-2013, 12:41 PM
I confess that even though I know that weight loss isn't linear, that it slows over time and that my game plan was never to diet but to overhaul my lifestyle forever, three months of stalling out and only 4 pounds lost this month is extremely discouraging and I'm irrationally terrified that my body is going to "quit" at this size. I want my wooshy January back!

elvislover324
05-24-2013, 12:51 PM
I confess that I spent the day yesterday with a former BFF (we are still friends but not as close) who was thinner than me for years (but isn't anymore) and it was awesome (hello guilty feelings). Now I look like a skinny minny next to her. She always thought she was better than me since she was thinner, made more $$, drove a newer car. Now I'm thinner, a stay at home wife, and my car is newer. (We are also 15 years older now so our bodies and priorities are much different.)

I'm usually not petty about this stuff anymore now that I'm older but secretly inside I was so happy. I have something she wants too and finally I'm not the one chasing to keep up with her.

What an awful thing to confess. I need to grow up already. But if it's here, it means I acknowledged it and have to get over it.

Slashnl
05-24-2013, 12:57 PM
I confess that getting back on track has been next to impossible for me right now. I'm angry that I let the last 4 years of a bad economy... thus bad finances in our family... throw me off track. I was doing so well before and now I have to start over and it just seems like such a high mountain to climb. If I could just get the habit back of eating right, tracking my food, going to the gym every day, like I was before, I might go back to feeling strong and not so tired and crabby.

ubergirl
05-25-2013, 12:07 AM
I confess that I sometimes take my earrings back off before I weigh in.

I confess that I now how much my poop weighs after lots of "before and after" weigh ins.

I confess that when I'm off track, I can never understand how I was ever on track, and when I'm on track it seems easy most of the time.

Trazey34
05-25-2013, 12:25 AM
even tho I'm 3 years at goal, sometimes I think why should any of us even bother. Everyone seems to gain it all back, irreparable damage has already been done to our bodies, what's the point of it all if the gain back is inevitable

JustB1027
05-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Not having nutritional information for food completely stresses me out. Like to the point of tears. I have cried because i do not know how to track food. It makes me feel crazy!

betsy2013
05-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Elvis, you're human. Sounds like your friend enjoyed being in a "better" place before and now it's your turn. It's human nature and you know that it's maybe pushing the envelope. I've read too many of your posts and know how kind and supportive you are to feel that this is anything other than one of those once-in-a-blue-moon times when you get to feel a little superior to someone who always felt that way about you.

My confession -- I'm doing everything I can to turn my life around, but I may have done so much damage to my heart and kidneys that my life expectancy will be decreased. When you're 63, that's reality staring you in the face.

SuperHeroTeacher
05-25-2013, 01:40 PM
My confession - I love this thread because it makes me realize my crazy irrational fears are not so crazy and irrational because evidently you all have them too!

Also, I am in a hotel thei weekend and completely freaked out that I forgot my scale... No weigh in for me until Tuesday. FREAKING. OUT.

P.S. ubergirl - thanks for posting the things I was to embarrased to say, even though I'm right there with you girl!! But seriously, who knew poo weighed so much?!?!

elvislover324
05-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Elvis, you're human. Sounds like your friend enjoyed being in a "better" place before and now it's your turn. It's human nature and you know that it's maybe pushing the envelope. I've read too many of your posts and know how kind and supportive you are to feel that this is anything other than one of those once-in-a-blue-moon times when you get to feel a little superior to someone who always felt that way about you.

Aww, thank you betsy. She was such a good friend for a long time and then things got competitive (on her part) and things went downhill from there. I'd still do anything for her (and she would for me) but we just went separate ways in our life. I just felt so guilty being "happy" (or maybe relieved is the word) that things weren't "perfect" for her anymore (I would not delight in something serious, ever). And that's awful. But I will think about you and the wonderful way of words you had to remember I'm human. :hug: And...this was all in my head, I didn't say anything to her that would be rude or mean. But when she asked me how much I lost, I wouldn't tell her. :lol: No way she's getting any leverage on me! With my luck she'll lose again before I see her next and that's ok. It's no longer a competition as I removed it from my life!

(I love these confession threads and the judgement free zone.)

HeidiNicole
05-25-2013, 03:16 PM
I confess that I cannot be happy with losing 70lbs in the last 3.5 months...logically I know I should be ecstatic, but all I do is worry that I'm going to stall any moment. I want to get to 199 by the end of the year and I practically have an anxiety attack each week before my "official" weigh in (weigh every day, but only count Monday morning). If I lose less than 3 pounds I'm totally pissed. I spend so much time calculating and recalculating different scenarios to see if I can still by X pounds by Y date. So far I've exceeded my wildest expectations, but I know I can't keep up this rate of loss forever. Typing that out made me more anxious, not less :lol: Why can't I just be happy with my awesome progress so far :?:

Roo2
05-25-2013, 04:27 PM
I confess that I feel like I am man without country ...since I lost weight ....
I feel people who are overweight don't consider me part of the group....don't fit in with the Skinny group ...cuz I have all the issues of being overweight loose skin..will forever gain weight at a more rapid weight than someone who has never been overweight .
On the outside people view me as skinny....they don't see what is under the clothes that cover my scars of damage I have done to my body. Very self conscious of myself in clothing afraid to show too much skin.
So I guess I am woman without a weight group .
My coach tells me how great I look...but I admit ...looking at me with clothes on is a different reality then ...when I am unclothed.
Wish my body would have morphed into the package I had imagined when I started this journey . I realize logically that I have come a tremendous way...just wish My body would have absorbed all this loose skin cuz ...I don't have anymore fat to lose...and even though I am wearing junior extra small... I feel very aware of the extra weight I am carrying around.
I feel if I voice my concerns they will just be like...well you should be grateful...and so forth ....not really hearing the reality of what it is like to deal with a body ...that has failed to bounce back after the tremendous effort and sacrifice that brought you to this point!
I don't feel sorry or depressed ...just sharing Raw Truth:)
Roo2

JenteIsving
05-25-2013, 04:34 PM
I confess that I feel like I am man without country ...since I lost weight ....
I feel people who are overweight don't consider me part of the group....don't fit in with the Skinny group ...cuz I have all the issues of being overweight loose skin..will forever gain weight at a more rapid weight than someone who has never been overweight .
On the outside people view me as skinny....they don't see what is under the clothes that cover my scars of damage I have done to my body. Very self conscious of myself in clothing afraid to show too much skin.
So I guess I am woman without a weight group .
My coach tells me how great I look...but I admit ...looking at me with clothes on is a different reality then ...when I am unclothed.
Wish my body would have morphed into the package I had imagined when I started this journey . I realize logically that I have come a tremendous way...just wish My body would have absorbed all this loose skin cuz ...I don't have anymore fat to lose...and even though I am wearing junior extra small... I feel very aware of the extra weight I am carrying around.
I feel if I voice my concerns they will just be like...well you should be grateful...and so forth ....not really hearing the reality of what it is like to deal with a body ...that has failed to bounce back after the tremendous effort and sacrifice that brought you to this point!
I don't feel sorry or depressed ...just sharing Raw Truth:)
Roo2

That's one of my fears. One that makes it difficult to keep going at times.

Roo2
05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Thank you ...for truly hearing my heartfelt concerns...it means a great deal !:hug:
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

elvislover324
05-25-2013, 07:56 PM
:hug: Roo, I'll be part of your country any day. I'm not as thin as you but I understand your struggles to a point. I'm not thin yet but I'm not still morbidly obese, thank God. And no one (in the general public) has any idea the mental and physical changes I have been through with this weightloss.

I confess that I went to the plus size dressing room at Macy's today with misses clothes because I feel more comfortable with the bigger ladies. I have droopy arms, droppy thighs, everything is droopy. And in the plus size dressing room I can go out to the common area in the 3-way mirror without someone caring about my clothes being tight or muffintop-y. I never felt judged in the plus size dressing room as no thin women mosey over that way. It's like we are packed in the back corner of the store like we have a disease. So rude.

ellezony
05-26-2013, 07:08 PM
I feel this way, too. I'm very uncomfortable with compliments. I don't go anywhere to meet men, but I dread that kind of interaction. I just don't know how to act. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I had so much anxiety around men that when I got away, the first thing I wanted to do was EAT!

Same here! Having the extra weight for me was a little like a security blanket. The attention that I get from men is overwhelming now. I missed that whole phase is life where most people learned to flirt. When it happens I just stand there shocked like this :?:

Sometimes I consider gaining some weight back just so it will stop.

Garnet2727
05-26-2013, 09:00 PM
I confess that I'm glad that I'm turning 50 this year and even though I've lost weight and I will lose more, I will no longer have to deal with men hitting on me. Seriously, I've always hated that crap. I don't mind friendliness or harmless flirtation. I'm talking about the smarmy, overtly sexual often aggressive pursuit. It didn't stop for me until I was over 40 and on the north side of 250 pounds. No means no! I'm not an object to be evaluated on my supposed f***ability. :(

Sorry to anyone that offends but I have had a belly full of that nonsense.

JustB1027
05-26-2013, 09:13 PM
I fear that even after I lose the weight and I am thin I will not be good enough or loved.

geoblewis
05-26-2013, 10:10 PM
I confess that I'm glad that I'm turning 50 this year and even though I've lost weight and I will lose more, I will no longer have to deal with men hitting on me. Seriously, I've always hated that crap. I don't mind friendliness or harmless flirtation. I'm talking about the smarmy, overtly sexual often aggressive pursuit. It didn't stop for me until I was over 40 and on the north side of 250 pounds. No means no! I'm not an object to be evaluated on my supposed f***ability. :(

Sorry to anyone that offends but I have had a belly full of that nonsense.

I'm right there with you, Garnet. I'm 52. I had lost nearly 70 lbs. towards the beginning of the summer last year, wasn't even close to being considered an acceptable weight, but men (men who I would NEVER consider going out with) started paying me a lot more attention than I am accustomed to. So for the last year, I've been avoiding several places I used to frequent because I didn't want to run across those men, traded out my high-heeled shoes for clunky sensible grandma flats, increased my weight training (I just want to look stronger and more intimidating) and started overeating carbs again. I regained 20 lbs. I feel angry that I don't know how to deal with men. I feel angry that I can't attract the sort of man I want to be with. I feel angry that when a woman feels good about herself, and it shows, there are people who want to devour that positive energy.

curlyfroyo
05-26-2013, 10:27 PM
I fear that even after I lose the weight and I am thin I will not be good enough or loved.

I worried this as well when I first started. I still do now :\

JenteIsving
05-29-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm nervous to start shopping in regular size clothing stores in the foreseeable future. Uncharted territory (in almost every respect).

Radiojane
05-29-2013, 05:29 PM
I confess that I'm dreading the photos from the wedding I'm in this weekend because even after all my hard work and progress I'm still 3 times the size of the bride.

Garnet2727
05-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I confess that I realized today that I've lost a net of 9 pounds since last November. I am sooooooo glad I don't travel for work anymore.

elvislover324
05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
I confess that seeing a lot of people struggling here at 3FC is scary to me. I'm afraid of waking up one morning with no motivation. I have been solid on plan for 10 months and am still in 110% but still, I'm scared.

Mozzy
05-29-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm beginning to resent vanity sizing.
I fit a size 6 jeans at kohls but can't fit a size 10 from a different brand. It's very frustrating!!!!!!

the shiv
05-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Ok, here's one I never thought I'd say... I'm completely and utterly BORED with weight loss. My mind's been on other things, so I've been maintaining for ages without making an effort. Great, I know, but right now I just care about other things. I'm not letting myself regain anything, that's a whole different story. What I mean is... Elvis, I think I'm at the point you're afraid of getting to. It's not so bad! Does this sound like a miserable confession? It's not. I have ZERO motivation and pretty much no commitment to it. I've found a way to maintain and that's fine for now, I just wish I wanted it more, because I know I can do it :) I think that 3 months of daily weighing have caught up with me. I'm stopping that against my better judgement shortly because I really feel there's a myth that all this "go! go! go! Give it 100%! Go big or go home! Motivation gets you started, commitment keeps you going! Tracking is essential! Knowledge is power!!!" stuff is ALWAYS helpful. It isn't. It happened when I let it happen naturally, without me constantly trying to force it. I have had enough of trying to be motivated! I just want to live my life and be small and strong. So right now I'll just live my life and be less small and less strong. One day I'll be less mentally exhausted about the whole process once I stop putting crazy pressure on myself for it to just WORK ALREADY.

So yeah... I'm still here, but: I cannot see this "weight loss journey" far enough right now, I can NOT be bothered, I'm feeling lazy, and I'm tired of being ashamed!!! I know I still want this, so the day will come when I can get back into it, but today is not that day, and I don't care!!

/rant

JustB1027
05-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Elvis I have that fear too. I don't want to be bored frustrated or discouraged.

Mozzy
05-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Why can't losing weight be linear?!?!?!?

realsupermodelat230
06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I confess that I like being fat for one reason: I like being invisible. Otherwise, I would like to get rid of the fat. I am afraid to lose weight. What happens when I become visible?

IanG
06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I confess I have become a lot more selfish with weightloss.

I used to have more time to help others. Now I spend a lot more time helping myself.

Exercise is probably the worst. I spend less time with my family if I am up early for runs and playing tennis in the evening.

It's a tough one.

elvislover324
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I spend less time with my family if I am up early for runs and playing tennis in the evening.

It's a tough one.

Investing in your health (weightloss and exercise) is making you a healthier man for your family. Try not to be too hard on yourself. :hug:

punkrocksong
06-03-2013, 11:03 PM
I must confess that I've been using working overtime and this surgery on my hand as an excuse not to exercise the past few weeks. This tiny evil voice in my head keeps telling me I'm still losing weight - it's not that big of a deal...but I know once I get going again I'm going to have to start from square one.

realsupermodelat230 - I get where you are coming from...I sometimes feel the same way. I'm so used to not being noticed that I was unbearably flustered when someone at work gave me a compliment on my outfit the other day.

zoesmom
06-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I confess I bawled my eyes out reading all of these. And agreed with most of them.

I confess that I have become obsessed to the point of insanity with weight loss. I try to find a way to wiggle into every day conversations and get everyone I know to go on board with me. Not because I want a partner in my journey, but because I am terrified I will gain the weight back if the people around me keep up their bad eating habits.

I confess that the more weight I lose, the more sexy I feel. I confess that the sexier I feel, the more my husband starts to look frumpy to me in my eyes (don't misread that, I still adore him, love him, and he is my world, but well...he IS frumpy, I knew that when I married him.) And the more frumpy I feel he looks the more concerned I am of peoples thoughts of the two of us, even more so as I start getting more and more people hitting on me or complimenting me.

I confess I am one selfish little wench sometimes and I am rather disgusted by that, especially considering I have always prided myself in cateering to other people, volunteering at charity events, taking up work in a non-profit, and everything else that is deemed the exact opposite of selfish...and here I am, becoming so wrapped up and so selfish in my weight loss, that I am projecting to others. I get annoyed if I can't exercise. I get ticked if someone offers me something not diet approved.

I confess that my greatest fear is that I will change. I used to be so humble. I want to continue being humble. But what if I change, afterall, I am already starting to show signs and I really don't like that. :(

mygirlvj
06-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I confess... my SIL is driving me freakin nuts. I lost a little weight - she had to lose a little, I start doing my nails again after years of not doing them - she starts doing hers, I buy goal jeans - you guessed it she ran out and bought some, and now I recently splurged on a cute flourescent pink and green (2 separate shirts) and now she wants a flourescent pink and a green shirt.

When I say to her are you kidding me about the shirts she says "not because of you because everybody's wearing them right now"

NO THEIR NOT!!! Get your own life and quit being my single white female!!

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I confess... my SIL is driving me freakin nuts. I lost a little weight - she had to lose a little, I start doing my nails again after years of not doing them - she starts doing hers, I buy goal jeans - you guessed it she ran out and bought some, and now I recently splurged on a cute flourescent pink and green (2 separate shirts) and now she wants a flourescent pink and a green shirt.

When I say to her are you kidding me about the shirts she says "not because of you because everybody's wearing them right now"

I have a friend like that...I actually got anxiety reading your post like it was happening to me. :( Now I share NOTHING with her and it has severely impacted our friendship...and it's blatant copying like your SIL does, freakin' weird!

mygirlvj
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Thank-you for understanding Elvis. I know I sound petty but that's what this thread is for right:)

I have worn nothing but black and grey for over 10 years so the shirts are a big deal. Same with the nails these things may seem small to outside people but they are a big deal for me and I just feel like shes crowding in on my thunder, if that makes sense.

Plus we work together 40 hours a week and really do get along otherwise so it's just p*ssing me off and there is only so much I can say because I don't want to create tension. (Just not worth it).

So nice to be able to come here to vent.

Health Nut
06-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Why can't losing weight be linear?!?!?!?

I always feel that way as well! If I gathered up all the pounds I have LOST in the past they would easily total up to a 100 pounds. Not counting fluctuations of course.

Teresa66
06-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Wow I just found this thread and am grateful that there is a safe place to confess some of our most inner fears and frustrations. Thank you all! :hug:

I confess that I fear I won't EVER get out of the 240's and stay out! I met my wonderful husband back in 2005 and weighed 250. I went on diet after diet and even got down to 203 lbs once. I was 3 pounds from freaking wonderland and blew it!! Sure there have been lots of good reasons and lots of me just stuffing my face reasons that have kept me on this never-ending yo-yo ride. I really do want off. I joined Weight Watchers hoping that the tracking of points and cost of money will help me stay the course. So far I like it but I haven't been doing as well as I should. To many temptations and my lack of self-control are the root of my keeping this weight from dropping off.

I confess that I'm tired of being invisible. :(

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Thank-you for understanding Elvis. I know I sound petty but that's what this thread is for right:)

So nice to be able to come here to vent.

Not petty at all!! This thread has saved my sanity so many times I can't count. And I confess way more here than I do to my husband or at church! :lol:

shishkeberry
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I confess that the thought of still being fat when I reach 30 (next month) makes me want to both binge out on pie and run until I pass out at the same time.

IanG
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
I confess that if I get food on my fingers (e.g. jam, cheese, cake) when washing up my family's dinner plates, I do not lick my fingers because I worry it will make me gain.

Going CRAZY!

elvislover324
06-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Confessing that I secretly hoped I was pregnant this month as I had to jump through hoops to get my fertility meds straightened out. I was hoping it would be a bittersweet victory that I went through a bunch of insurance b/s that resulted them in overnighting them to me and I got them this morning. I was hoping it would turn out that I wouldn't need them.

TOM was due yesterday and I didn't have any PMS signs. Haven't felt like myself the last 10 days or so, I was so hoping it meant I was pregnant.

Picked up a pregnancy test today. Got a big fat negative. 2 hours later, TOM started. If I had just been more patient. But I can't. I'm so stressed out.

love2b150
06-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Elvis :hug: I hope it's ok to give you a :hug:

I confess that I honestly think I have no control. I have days when I will take a healthy lunch but there are times when I have packed a lunch that looks like my children packed it. I eat in my truck so no one sees. I feel like I've done really good when I eat healthy but I also feel good when I eat 2 sundaes, a fry and a large Sprite.

punkrocksong
06-04-2013, 11:01 PM

I have one of those...and I confess that I was secretly a little happy when I saw her last month after not seeing her since Christmas and she had gained a lot of weight...petty, yes...but oh if you only knew what I had to deal with.

Elvis - that has happened to me too, so many times...I sometimes wonder why I even bother to buy the tests anymore.

IanG - I don't dare lick my fingers if I get any kind of sugary/fatty goodness on them...I worry I might start going through the trash for the left overs.

zoesmom - I worry about the same things - my husband didn't really have anything to worry about when I weighed 300+ lbs...not because I wasn't attractive at that weight, but because I didn't feel attractive at that weight and I wouldn't have dared to flirt with anyone or let anyone flirt with me. I worry things will change with the more weight I lose as he doesn't seem overly interested in sharing this journey with me - he's not as overweight as I am, but he is still a good 70-80 lbs overweight and I fear my feelings for him will change. He's amazing and supportive, but I can hear the uncertainty in his tone when he asks me how much I want to lose and why, and it makes me so sad.

MizMelis
06-04-2013, 11:43 PM
I confess that i always tell myself that i'll start exercising and i'll do it at least 4 times a week for a good 45 minutes to an hour. Then i never do. I also confess to having a great manual Elliptical that's been collecting dust and clothes since i bought it(over 2 years ago), even though i keep telling myself i'll start using it at some point, but i never do.

NorthernChick13
06-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Picked up a pregnancy test today. Got a big fat negative. 2 hours later, TOM started. If I had just been more patient. But I can't. I'm so stressed out.

Sending love your way, girl. Your attitude is exactly what you need to keep going. You are doing everything in your power and we're here for you. :hug: I'm glad the pills came in time, though. Maybe not this time, but maybe next month!

IanG
06-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Sorry to hear your bad news Elvis :(

You've got two journeys going on here at once but your spirit will see you through. And we got your back on at least one of 'em!

thewalrus0
06-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I confess that I've been trying to lose weight for 9 years and am bigger by 60 pounds than when I started at age 13.

(But I should also confess I'm okay with it.)

zoesmom
06-05-2013, 09:11 AM
OH! ELVIS!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

zoesmom - I worry about the same things - my husband didn't really have anything to worry about when I weighed 300+ lbs...not because I wasn't attractive at that weight, but because I didn't feel attractive at that weight and I wouldn't have dared to flirt with anyone or let anyone flirt with me. I worry things will change with the more weight I lose as he doesn't seem overly interested in sharing this journey with me - he's not as overweight as I am, but he is still a good 70-80 lbs overweight and I fear my feelings for him will change. He's amazing and supportive, but I can hear the uncertainty in his tone when he asks me how much I want to lose and why, and it makes me so sad.

I'm not worried my feelings will change...I idolize my guy, almost to a sickening worship level. I think I voiced my concern poorly. What concerns me is the thinner I get, the more attention I get, the more he pushes me aside because he thinks I am losing interest in him (he HAS gone as far to tell me to sleep with someone else because he thought he wasn't man enough for me anymore...I had to stop that thought process RIGHT THEN and there. I'm showing MORE interest in him and he is showing less in me because of whatever his hangups are about me losing weight. We will get through this, it is just a rut right now :( ), and the more I realize he really has no interest in changing his outlook, which in turn makes me wonder if I am to blame, and if so where do I go from here? I love my husband, heart, body, and soul. And I KNOW he loves me. He is just having confidence issues as I am washing myself clear of confidence issues and it is just making things temporarily ...akward. :) All will be good. It just takes time. :)

merilung
06-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Elvis - that has happened to me too, so many times...I sometimes wonder why I even bother to buy the tests anymore.

^^ This exactly. I buy PT's in bulk online at this point to save money. If it cheers you up, Elvis, I've had TOM start while I was taking a pregnancy test - it wasn't funny at the time, but it makes me laugh remembering it! Seems like at least a few of us here know how horrible negative pregnancy tests are when you're struggling to conceive - we're holding you close! :hug: If you ever need someone to talk to one-on-one about your TTC journey, shoot me a message - even after years and years of TTC the doula side of me still likes to chat fertility and women's health!

elvislover324
06-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Thank you everyone. I was really sad when it happened but it wasn't a total surprise.

I didn't post until after I told my husband what happened. It's like it became more real when I had say it out loud. He's amazingly supportive but I just feel like I keep disappointing him.

NorthernChick13
06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
From what you've told us of your hubby, Elvis, you could never disappoint him. Ever. Especially when it comes to your body. <3

ChrissyBean
06-05-2013, 04:32 PM
I missed that whole phase is life where most people learned to flirt. When it happens I just stand there shocked like this :?:

Me too, and it's led to some interesting scenarios. And I'm MARRIED!!!! :o

elvislover324
06-05-2013, 04:38 PM
From what you've told us of your hubby, Elvis, you could never disappoint him. Ever. Especially when it comes to your body. <3

TY sweetie, he says the same thing too. And my doctors say the same too, that I have done everything they've asked and more. That everything now is out of my control, it's all about the medication (and prayers!). Losing all this weight since last summer and getting in optimal (for me) shape with all of my exercise is all I could do. But I want to do more...like move mountains or something. :)

lazylioness
06-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Just ran across this thread..what a great idea!

I confess, that there are times I consider staying fat, because I am scared of what l will look like with loose skin. Is that sick or what?

I also confess that I am a selfish pain in the *** and I am completely impatient with everything. I want the designer jeans NOW but I want the cupcake too!

Teresa66
06-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I confess to totally eating off plan while spending an hour on the phone telling my sister how easy my plan is to follow. Sometimes I even amaze myself.:rolleyes:

lazylioness
06-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I confess to totally eating off plan while spending an hour on the phone telling my sister how easy my plan is to follow. Sometimes I even amaze myself.:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHA! Totally have done that. We need a LIKE button, like on Facebook!

thnknthin1
06-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I confess that there are times I won't post my weight in a challenge thread because it's either the same as last week or up.....I'll post it when it has come back down. :o

punkrocksong
06-05-2013, 10:40 PM
I also confess that I am a selfish pain in the *** and I am completely impatient with everything. I want the designer jeans NOW but I want the cupcake too!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It's like looking into a mirror. :D

I confess that I'm feeling really frumpy and gross this week as I have my pants hiked up to my boobs and I had to add extra holes to my belts to belt my shirts....I shudder to think of what Stacy and Clinton would think of me. I really don't want to buy any new clothes yet as I think I will get complacent the second I own a pair of jeans that actually fit me.

I'm just a hot mess this week.

Nagazim
06-05-2013, 11:56 PM
I talked my son into wanting a cookie so I could have one too.

ubergirl
06-06-2013, 02:27 AM
I confess that I sometimes think that a better way than trying to lose weight by calorie restriction would be to just decide that from now on for the rest of my life, I'm going to eat precisely what I want whenever I want with no guilt whatsoever as long as 1)it's meal time and 2) I eat no more than an average sized serving.

zoesmom
06-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I made fried chicken last night as I had been having insane cravings for the crap. I made it for my family, I just wanted the heavenly smell. At least I thought I did. Upon smelling the heated up grease, my stomach turned about 7 shades of green and I could barely get through cooking it it smelled so gross.

I confess that it really upsets me that the smell of one of my pasttime favorite foods disgusts me beyond words, even though I know that it is probably really for the better.

Radiojane
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I confess that after being off plan for a weekend of wedding stuff, I kept trying to fit as much crap into that week as I could. "Maybe I'll have subway too" "Maybe I'll buy more chocolates".... ugh.

thnknthin1
06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I confess that I am seriously considering severing ties with several very close family members because of all the stress and drama they create, which I do not need, plus I know what stress does to me and my appetite. :(

Sounds selfish right?

Radiojane
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
I confess that I am seriously considering severing ties with several very close family members because of all the stress and drama they create, which I do not need, plus I know what stress does to me and my appetite. :(

Sounds selfish right?

Not necessarily. There are a lot of reasons to walk away from people. Just make sure that's what you really want to do. :hug:

Believe me, I feel you on the stress and drama thing this week!

Silverfire
06-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I talked my son into wanting a cookie so I could have one too.
I do this to my boyfriend..... :hug:

justbeu
06-06-2013, 01:49 PM
I confess that I am an addict of every kind and FOOD is the worst. I confess that I am TIRED of fighting with FOOD. I am 51 years old and have been doing this all of my life. I struggled terribly with bulimia and had gastric bypass in 97 and still have aout 50lbs to lose. I confess that I hate how weight loss is always on my mind and I am ashamed that God gave me life and I'm wasting it on this.

elvislover324
06-06-2013, 02:20 PM

Sounds selfish right?

It's not selfish in the least. I cut out all of my in-laws and most of my own family for a while. I needed a break. If we don't take care of ourselves, who will?

I get more support here online at 3FC that is more helpful than what I got from family in real life in person. How sad is that?

Teresa66
06-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I confess that I go on vacation tomorrow and I'm torn between fear of gaining weight and feelings of depravation that I won't get to enjoy myself with my greatest love...food.

fadedbluejeans
06-06-2013, 03:55 PM
I confess that sometimes when I see the number on the scale go down, I think that the scale must be broken, not that I've actually lost weight.

IanG
06-06-2013, 04:03 PM
I confess that when I weigh myself in the morning that I worry I will forget the number, or get it wrong, which I use to record on 3FC and lilyslim and Monitor Your Weight App. I have to keep saying it to myself or write it down.

I also confess that I worry that if I remember the number wrongly and make it too low that I might get a nasty surprise the next day.

'Cos once breakfast happens, there's no chance for another weigh in.

elvislover324
06-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I confess that it made me anxious to buy an XL top today as the L was too snug. I know it's just the brand and cut but I don't want to buy big sizes ever again. And XL is so small compared to what I was wearing this time last year but I never want to take my eye off of my measurements now.

Getting thinner is more anxiety inducing than getting larger was, I was so oblivious.

Teresa66
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I confess that when I weigh myself in the morning that I worry I will forget the number, or get it wrong, which I use to record on 3FC and lilyslim and Monitor Your Weight App. I have to keep saying it to myself or write it down.

I also confess that I worry that if I remember the number wrongly and make it too low that I might get a nasty surprise the next day.

'Cos once breakfast happens, there's no chance for another weigh in.

Hahahah! I do this too! I weigh in the morning, naked, and before breakfast. Of course I don't write it down and will spend the whole time getting ready for work and getting my breakfast repeating the number to myself. You would think intelligent people like us could put a pen and paper by the scales and have a chance to enjoy our thoughts. :D

elvislover324
06-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I confess that when I weigh myself in the morning that I worry I will forget the number, or get it wrong, which I use to record on 3FC and lilyslim and Monitor Your Weight App.

You don't use the Monitor Your Weight app anymore?! This close to onederland?! Isn't the day you look at that graph going to be glorious?!

JustB1027
06-07-2013, 12:34 AM
I confess that if I get food on my fingers (e.g. jam, cheese, cake) when washing up my family's dinner plates, I do not lick my fingers because I worry it will make me gain.

Going CRAZY!

Amen!!! Me too!!!!

JustB1027
06-07-2013, 12:45 AM
I confess that sometimes when I see the number on the scale go down, I think that the scale must be broken, not that I've actually lost weight.

Yep!

JustB1027
06-07-2013, 12:52 AM
I confess that I [B]NEVER[/B draw attention to my weightloss because I do not want to talk about it. It makes me crazy. I am the opposite it seems of everyone else here. The bigger I am the more visisble I feel. As I am shrinking I am feeling less more invisible and I want it to stay that way!

NorthernChick13
06-07-2013, 01:11 AM

Sounds selfish right?

Not at all. I had to let go a sister in law tonight...and possibly a sister. I hear ya.

HelloNurse
08-26-2013, 05:04 PM
I confess that I am determined to lose this weight without surgery or assistance from any doctor. I don't have any problem with WLS in theory; my BFF had a roux-en-y procedure this year and I think whatever tool a person chooses to use is their own business. But I am not going to use that particular tool Why? Pride.

I was talking with one of the cardiologists at work about weight loss along with a work friend who had been recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and who needs to lose at least 50 pounds.

He told us, with a straight face, that it would be nearly impossible to do it without surgery. I thought of all the cool chicks on this site who have lost 100 pounds or more the old-fashioned way, and decided that I would show him up. I can't wait until the day I walk into work at my goal weight.

namaste984
08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
I confess that I used to eat Nutella and peanut butter out of the jar when I was at my heaviest. Now I can't stand to go a day without running. Not because I'm afraid I'll gain but because I'm afraid I'll be in a bad mood all day! :D I don't know what I'll do when I get a job.

I confess I used to not take care of myself at all. Now I can't stand to not shower and look forward to showering after working out cause it gets rid of the burning muscles! I also confess I have a serious protein bar addiction. I love them! :)

namaste984
08-26-2013, 05:12 PM

Sounds selfish right?

Not at all. Just make sure that you're comfortable with that decision. I used to hate my parents and most of my relatives but my parents and I are closer than ever. Still won't talk to most of my other relatives though so I understand completely! :)

JeniH
08-27-2013, 12:00 AM
I confess that I don't talk to most people about my weight loss because I'm scared ill jinx myself and stop losing. I also confess that I tend to stress the fact that I'm doing it to be healthy when in reality it's mostly about how I look... I'm apparently rather vain.

Mozzy
08-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Today was my cheat day... I ate like a pig!

HelloNurse
08-27-2013, 01:10 AM
I hope you enjoyed it Mozzy! Some people think that the periodic cheat day actually helps prevent plateaus.

elliemackay07
08-27-2013, 01:14 AM
i find it really hard not to skip breakfast even though i know i shouldnt

HelloNurse
08-27-2013, 01:21 AM
I've always wondered what's meant by that. Like, what is the time limit for the magical breakfast that's supposed to make everything better? I am never hungry first thing in the morning, and sometimes at that time food actually is sickening to me. I eat breakfast at work, after I've already been up for an hour and a half to two hours.

lanabug
08-27-2013, 05:24 PM
I confess that since I've started this journey, I seem to hate taking a shower unless I've 'earned' it... IE, it's just not the same if I'm not all sweaty from working out.

namaste984
08-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Lana: Oh my goodness I am the same way about protein bars! I refuse to eat any of my stash unless I feel I have "earned" the reward. Like if I go to the gym and skimp off, there's no need to eat a protein bar.

I confess that I have a lucky treadmill and a lucky bike at the gym and I feel like I do much better on my runs/bikes if I use those particular machines! I will keep an eye on them if I don't end up using them and rush them when the person gets off of it. OCD much??? lol

MissSMcC
08-27-2013, 07:14 PM
I confess that whilst I want to talk to my friends about the weight I have already lost, because although I am proud of that loss, I am afraid they will just think badly of my 17lbs, I mean what is 17lbs off of a 272lb body? I still have so far to go. also I worry that if I cannot lose weight (sometimes I literally fear I cannot lose weight, no matter how much of a calorie deficit I create, even though I am losing), people I have told about my efforts will just assume I failed, gave up, and ate a ton of doritos.
I also confess that right now, I would like some doritos.

HelloNurse
08-27-2013, 07:48 PM
17 pounds is a lot of hard work! 17 pounds is bigger than a men's regulation shot-put. 17 pounds is 2 alley cats, or one house cat. 17 pounds is a 6-month-old baby. Brag if you want to brag!

namaste984
08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
MissMcC: You never fail if you get started. 17 lbs is a lot of weight! If you're ever in the mood, you should try googling "things that weigh ___ pounds". (The amount of weight you've lost) In my case I have lost a car tire, a karaoke machine, an oversized tuna fish, and a very big kitty. :D It's fun and will lift your spirits!

lanabug
08-27-2013, 09:18 PM
namaste984 - omg, yes exactly! I don't even like to drink a protein shake if I'm not working out lol.

I confess that I bought a fitbit at the beginning of the year and LOVED it, but haven't touched it since it got too hot to walk outside, because the numbers were embarrassingly low. Bleh! Time to charge it up and put it back on, no more excuses!

Monkeysmom
08-27-2013, 09:37 PM
I am so angry that I stopped going to the gym and spent the greater part of this year eating out every day and drinking extra calories away. I'm mad that I went from 113 pounds to 152 (148 now). I beat myself up and think mean thoughts about my body almost all day.

suzukigurl
08-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I confess I would love to start jogging/running :woops: but still feel self conscious about being that "fat girl" jogging down the road. I am almost never self conscious, I love me and the way I look as well as all the progress I have made, but there is something about jogging/running that still freaks me out.

namaste984
08-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Suzuki: Girl I feel you! When I lived in my old neighborhood in Memphis some teenaged kids followed me and called me Pillsbury Doughgirl as I was walking. I refuse to jog around my new neighborhood in St Louis because of that. Now I run on the treadmill in the gym and I run longer than most of the skinny folk! There are also lots of people more overweight than me who run and bike in my gym but I silently wish them good luck, I never judge them! :) Don't let my previous experience scare you off, I'm sure that the people who watch you are happy that you're going out there and rocking it! :)

MissSMcC
08-28-2013, 03:10 AM
thanks HelloNurse and Namaste, as I read your posts I was looking at my cat, who is currently sprawled out on a beanbag, and you are right, that is a lot of weight haha! and I will definitely google things that weigh when I am doubting myself. thanks chicks :)

pandathedestroyer
08-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Too petty...taking this confession down. Feel terrible about it. :/

Thinforme
08-28-2013, 09:42 PM
I confess that unless I "feel" hungry I feel like I failed that day. Hunger equals success to me.

AllyG47
09-06-2013, 05:23 AM
I confess that I get jealous of people who lose weight faster than me. Especially when I see people here who started dieting at the same time as me, yet they have lost twice as much weight. :(

The good news is that I don't let this jealousy stop me from continuing with my diet. I just have to keep telling myself that it's my journey and that I'll lose at my own pace, even if it is slower than others. :smug:

belovedspirit
09-06-2013, 09:04 AM
I confess I would love to start jogging/running :woops: but still feel self conscious about being that "fat girl" jogging down the road. I am almost never self conscious, I love me and the way I look as well as all the progress I have made, but there is something about jogging/running that still freaks me out.

:hug:

I always find it motivating and inspiring to see people running who are carrying a little extra! When I first started running years ago, there was a woman at the gym who was bigger than me yet could outrun me on the treadmill. Seeing her do it made me believe it could be possible for me to do so as well! And I'm so glad it did, because I loved it!! Have faith, Suzukigurl, you never know who you might inspire! :carrot:

Darwin
09-07-2013, 08:52 AM
What a fascinating thread. I've read everyone of them. I just want to reach out and hug everyone and tell them I so understand.

I confess that even though I've lost 60 pounds I don't really feel awesome about it. I'm like, whatever, I'm still me, I'm still invisible, I'm still in plus size clothes. It doesn't feel real.

I also confess that one of the big things that keeps me plugging away, exercising, watching what I eat, is I have a hot date scheduled for March/February with my childhood sweetheart (after 20 years of being perfectly happy being fat with my husband). Also, biggest confession, have promised said sweetheart naked pics when I get to goal weight (posing extra careful I'm sure because of loose skin, sigh). As silly as it seems, I'm only 45 years old. I want to live before I die.

Garnet2727
09-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I confess that I've been thinking lately that I may be done losing weight. It's been such a struggle for me this year that I'm about to give it up.

thewalrus0
09-09-2013, 01:14 AM
I confess that I often regret not trying harder when I was younger to find a WOE that worked for me. I spent so much time trying to starve myself and throw up food. I often wish I had started loving myself sooner and trying to lose weight the healthy way.

Now I'm looking at not being in a normal weight range until I'm 24.

Of course it isn't an old age, but sometimes I just think "If only I'd figured all this out last year."

I confess I've found an amazing WOE that helps control my binging and leaves me full after dinner but something inside me keeps worrying that it'll be just like all the other times that I've tried and failed.

findingfawn
09-09-2013, 09:11 AM
I have to confess that I have dieted my way up from 220 just 4 years ago to a high of 284, last fall I lost down to 250 then this year went up to 276 before I caught myself again. I had sworn when my now 4yo was born that if I wasn't at a healthy weight by the time he was 2 I would go for lapband. Obviously that hasn't happened (because I believe I can do this without the surgery). I discovered the other day that I think I self sabotage for many reasons, a leading one being afraid that I will be covered in horrible loose skin... and there is no way on earth we could ever afford for me to have it removed. I started to panic over it the other day, and realized that this thought gets the best of me often. I have to find the courage to put that in the back of my mind!

Elladorine
09-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I want to get back on the wagon. Right. NOW.

ILoveVegetables
09-09-2013, 02:02 PM
I just completely ruined my streak of eating less this week by having the chinese food that my family ordered. I ate less than I normally would, but more than I should.

I've also been neglecting my exercising which I used to do everyday, and need to find a way to get back into it.

lanabug
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
I may still have almost 50lbs to go, but I can hear onederland calling my name!

I wonder if I've been self sabatoging recently also.. I know I'm not doing as good as I could be. Maybe it's because I haven't been this low a weight in SO many years?