40-Somethings - My first thread

View Full Version : My first thread

chunkychick321
05-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi y'all... my name is Lanna..I have been reading on the forum for three months now and posting journal entries on the Diet Blog but this is the first thread I have started. :)

I wanted to thank you all for the unfettered support and advice I have gleaned via the forum and the Diet blogs...you are all amazing. I wanted to share with you how it's been going for me too.... to finally try and contribute something. Here I go:

Starting Wt: 321.6 lbs

Last week: 273.8 lbs

This week: 273.6 lbs

Wt lost this week: 0.2 lbs

Total Wt Loss: 48 lbs

Let me start by saying after completing the 15th week and almost 4th full months of Low Carb dieting I am proud of myself. Proud that I have lost 48 lbs and frankly proud I have stuck with it. I am learning to like the change in my eating habits. Admittedly I think about a Big Mac or Brownies from time to time but I don't obsess over them.
Instead I have been obsessing over the scales...which I don't think is such a good thing. I have been weighing morning and night and the ups and downs are driving me batty. I have got to stop. I've thought about switching to just once a week but I'm not sold on that yet either.

I was hoping for better weight loss this week...I haven't cheated AT ALL. But I also haven't stayed as hydrated as usual...and Aunt Flo dropped in Saturday and is still hanging out :P. So...I am blaming the slow loss on water retention and decided I'm just not gonna beat myself up over it.

Okay....four months down and eight to go. :D Wish me luck and sticking power.

GordonGirl16
05-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome! And GREAT job so far! 48 pounds in 4 months is awesome! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey! :)

chunkychick321
05-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks GordonGirl16 :) I've had good days and bad days but not ONE DAY so far have I regretted the decision to make a change in my diet...my lifestyle, really. I just try to take it day by day.

newleaf123
05-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Welcome, chunkyChick! I weigh morning and night, at a minimum. Sometimes I say that I'll only weigh once a week, but I never hold to it. If I'm on plan, I want to jump on and see results. If I'm off plan, then I need to step on for accountability.

Anyway... enough about me! Congratulations on your 48 pound weightloss; that is awesome!!

lyv33
05-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Congratulations on sticking with your program and on the wonderful weight loss. Keep up the good work.

chunkychick321
05-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi newleaf123.....I have continued the morning and night weighing as well. I just have to keep in mind there are SO many factors that influence the scales...not just what I've eaten but how hydrated I am, WHEN I last ate, elimination and monthly hormone changes is just a short list.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

chunkychick321
05-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks for taking a moment to encourage me lyv33. Everyday is a challenge and I just have to keep on keepin' on. :)