Weight Loss Support - 4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03

View Full Version : 4Week Challenge! 6/3/03---7/03/03

Gennel
06-03-2003, 08:42 PM
This challenge is for EVERYONE! We have no special diet and no miracle pills to talk about lol. But we do have awesome support and great tips to help us along the way. Just send me a PM and let me know how many pounds you will challenge yourself to lose in 4 weeks. We weigh in every Saturday. Just let me know if you lost ,gained or maintained for the week and I will edit a chart. This isnt a race or a contest.I've been asked where I get the willpower to do this and go on. The honest truth is I've been tempted almost every single day. The only difference this time that "I got tired of being tired" I was the type to start a diet every monday. I used to say that I was dieting for myself but the honest truth was I was dieting for someone else and as we all know that doesnt work! Doing it for yourself is the only reason you should do this.

Gen..Goal... Maintain current weight!\

Kempyd ..Goal ..6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal..7 lbs

wishmeluck130lbs.Goal.. 5lbs

Gigglez Goal.. 8 lbs

Jen519..Goal..8 lbs

Dustcatcher..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd
06-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Ok I am going to get back into these. I did really well when I was so I am back. July 1st is my birthday (and Angie's) so I want to lose 6 lbs for my goal. I would like to be were I was when I stopped doing these challenges. I noticed that when I wan't doing them I was having a hard time staying on track.

gigglez
06-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Put me down for 8 lbs this time. That will bring me to 180. This is something that helps keep me goin!

sandy

wishmeluck130lbs
06-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Well hopefully i will lose 5 pounds i did pretty good the last time but i forgot how much i started at on the day the challenge started so i don't know if i lost or not or went over lol...Anyways i weigh in at 180 and i will lose 5 pounds so that will put me in at 175 for the beginning of next month i can and will do this and hopefully i will keep track of this thread lol.........

angieME
06-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Yep, me and Kempy have the same birthday and I would like to lose another7 pounds by then. That would put me at 135...GOAL!!!

Gen, Your house is beautiful!! I cant wait to see pics of it totally finished. You must be so excited!!

laney1733
06-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Greetings! I'm going to put in for a loss of 5 pounds this challenge. I did not make my challenge last time so I'm really going to give it my all this time around! I am soo anxious to be in the 140's! I can not ever remember weighing less than 155 at 16. So this is super exciting to me!:D And I WILL do it! It's just a matter of time. (obviously) Good luck to everyone this time around !:)

jen519
06-04-2003, 04:27 PM
O.K.
I lost all motivation and just dropped out of sight for a week, but I'm ready to get started again. I'm starting at the same weight that I started the last challenge. I'm putting myself down for 8 pounds again. Mini goals are to drink all my water every day and walk at least some each day, even if it's only for 10 minutes.
Angie, you must be so excited being this close to your goal. I'm excited for you!
Found out something interesting about my body right now. I can graze almost constantly in the evenings and still lose weight as long as it's fruit and vegetables. That's how I managed to get back below 230 again. Anyway, I'm keeping fruit and vegies around for those evenings when I just can't stay out of the kitchen! Good luck to all!

Jen519

Kempyd
06-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Good to see you Jen. I was wondering how many of the people that I knew from the other challenges where still on here.

I have followed in Angie's footsteps with the snacking. I found the blue bunny FF yougurt and I eat it EVERY night. It is so good it has to be labeled wrong. :lol:

dustcatcher
06-05-2003, 08:22 AM
I would like to get into this challenge again this month. I'll say my goal is 8 lbs. 10 would be better but I don't want to be unrealistic! I'm starting at 215, so I'll aim for 207 or so by July 4th.

dustcatcher

gigglez
06-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Weigh in day. I started the end of the other challenge at 188. I weighed in this morning at 184. That is a 4lb loss. 4 more lbs and I can color my hair. Yeah!

angieME
06-05-2003, 04:26 PM
WAY TO GO GIGGLEZ!!!! That is great!!

gigglez
06-06-2003, 12:17 AM
Maybe real soon in a few months I will reach my goal of 160.

Kempyd
06-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Today is weight in day for me and I am down 2 lbs. I am thinking that it might be water but I will take anything that I can get. It is as TOM time so I think I might be holding a little extra weight. I will have to see next week.

How is everyone else doing so far?

jen519
06-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Congrats to Kempyd and Gigglez! Hopefully your successes this week will be the first of many for those of us on this thread. I'm just not sure what I'll see on Saturday. I'm mostly doing O.K., but I did eat some junk during the day yesterday. Today, the company bought lunch for us. We got to choose from anything on the menu of this Italian place that delivers. I wanted the Fettucini Alfredo, but settled for a grilled chicken Ceaser salad. I only used half the dressing they provided and left about 1/3 of the salad to have with dinner.
It's too hot to cook or walk or do hardly anything. Here in western Washington state, I'm used to moderate temperatures. Once it starts to get above 70, I begin to melt. We're having record high temperatures this week. Today it was over 90 in some places (86 to 88 in the building where I work). AAAHHHH

Jen519

Kempyd
06-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Jen I saw how hot it was up there. You guys are hotter than we are right now. That is so wild!

Good for you choosing the right food to eat. I watched Oprah today and there was a chef on who makes sauces healthy. He showed how to do an Alfredo. While he was making it he said how bad it really was. It is something like 700+ cals and 50-55g of fat. :fr: I love that stuff too. Now I think I am ruined by what he said. I can't imagine all of my hard work flying out the window on the wings of alfredo. :lol:

I am sure you will do great tomorrow!

I hope that all of you have a good weight in.

angieME
06-06-2003, 08:26 PM
YEAH KEMPY!!!!I am so proud of you!!!!

Jen, I would love some of that heat in Maine. Today was nice but it was the first nice day out of the last 2 weeks. I cant wait for summer to hit hard.:lol:

I hope everyone has had a great week so far. I'll do my weigh in in the morning. I have had a pretty good loss so I am pretty excited about it!!

angieME
06-07-2003, 06:43 AM
WEIGH DAY!!!!!

I weighed in at 139 pounds this morning. 3 pounds gone this week!! Holy Freaking Cow!!!

Good luck to everyone to come!

jen519
06-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Yeah Angie!!!!!!!!! You're almost there!

I'm down 1 pound myself. I was hoping for more, but I'll take it. As long as I'm moving in the right direction. I'm sure if I step up my physical activity, I'll see more results.

Good luck to everyone.

Jen519

laney1733
06-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Good morning everyone.:) I am down one pound for the week. Awsome losses for Angie and Kempyd and gigglez!! You guys are just racing toward your goals! I am kind of moseying along myself.;) Yesterday was bad, bad, bad. First I ate four of my mom's cookies with milk. Then they grilled BBQ ribs for dinner. Then DH and I went to a movie and I just HAD to have popcorn. But the activity level was good. I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill in the morning, we took the kids biking in the afternoon and we walked at the mall in the evening. That was probably the only thing that kept me from showing a gain today.:yikes: But I have promised myself that I will do better today.:) I made these awsome chimichangas for lunch, lowfat and oh-so-yummy. I'll post rhe recipe on the food thread later for anyone who's interested. Baby's awake, gotta go! TTFN,

grizzlyschick
06-07-2003, 02:17 PM
:) Hi everyone- Well I'm slowly moving down. I'm down 1 lb this week. I feel really fortunate to have that 1 lb loss. I was mysteriously up 4 lbs for 3 days!:fr: Can't blame it on TOM so I'm guessing it was water retention. Anyway I'll take the 1 lb. You're all doing so great- Way to go!
Kempyd- Nice to see you:)
Well gotta run, dishes are waiting to get done:( . Di

Yoyo Mom
06-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Hi, Folks,

I am going to join in on this challenge, but only for 2 pounds. I've been sick with a mildly sore throat... I've been sucking on a lot of candy and been eating too much ice cream so I haven't been losing anything. I've also got a lot of must-attend food fests this month, so I'm not going to try to make my usual goal.

Everyone is doing so well!

Welcome back, Kempy. I also need the boost these challenges give me.

Sandy, congrats!!! You're melting away!

Dusty, you seem to be in the swing of things now!

Wishmeluck, good luck again... you did great last time!

Angie... Wow!!! When you come off a plateau, you really ski down that slope! I can't believe how close you are to goal!!!

Grizzly, you're moving too, and so so close to goal. I think your experience is much more normal than Angie's currently is. It's the 80/20 rule, the last 20% of the weight loss takes 80% of the effort.

Jen, it's great to see you checking in and I'm glad to hear you've gotten off to the right start with a loss.

TTFN,
-Deborah

gigglez
06-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Evening everyone!

Congrats to Jen, Angie, Serina, Kem, and Di!! WTG. Before you know it we will all be seeing less of each other. Hand in there Do and Angie you all are in the home stretch and will be there in no time! Can't wait til I get there! Serina, let me know which place that you posted the recipe that you were talking about! Here's to a great day tomorrow.

sandy

Gennel
06-07-2003, 09:30 PM

Kempyd ..Goal ..6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal..7 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Gigglez Goal.. 8 lbs

Jen519..Goal..8 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Dustcatcher..Goal 8 lbs

Grizzlyschick..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Yoyom..Goal 2 lbs

Laney1733 ..Goal 5 lbs ..loss 1 lb

Debee..Goal 5 lbs

Gennel
06-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Way to go ! Angie! 3 lbs!!!!!! That is awesome girl! Di, you and Angie are so close to goal I know you can smell it! It seems super far away but its not! Trust me!

Jen keep it up! I truly admire your effort!You know what it means not to give up. Laney, you are on track girl!

Congrats to you all!

ttyl
Gen

angieME
06-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Way to go Jen,Serina and Di!!!

I think if I shock my system enough it keeps my body on its toes. If I take a day and eat what I want once in a while it seems to boost me the next week. I can actually lose weight quite easily it is the maintaining part that screws me up. :lol: But I do alot of exercise too.

But yeah Deborah I had a hard time the last time I lost the weight with the last 10 pounds too. It came off at like a pound or so a week.

gigglez
06-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Hey everyone. Seems as if everyone is doing great. Things here are not going to well. Eating has been good but it is the homelife. Everyone please keep me in your prayres

Kempyd
06-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Hey it looks like we have some losers here. Way to go guys!

I am going to try to keep myself on track this week and then weigh in on Friday. (no scale at home for the Saturday weigh in, good reason for not having on at home)

Gigglez you are in the nighlty prayers now!

Lets get this week started on a good note guys!

laney1733
06-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Gigglez, I posted it under "FOOD", they're called Yummy Baked Chimichangas. I hope you like them.:) I've been living on them for like 4 days now.:) You are in my thoughts daily, I hope everything clears up soon.

Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing really well on their weight-loss journey's. Congrats to everyone!!:D I'm doing ok. I went back up to 155, then I worked me butt off yesterday and it's back down to 154 today. Yesterday I ran 5 miles, scrubbed the deck on my hands and knees, sanded a dresser, did 6 loads of laundry (3 flights of stairs per load, at least!) and all of my everyday chores. I don't think I sat down till 10 pm. I didn't have a chance to snack! I have to find lots more to do to keep myself very busy so I don't eat! Gotta gather the soldiers for a trip to Sam's right now. Take care everybody!!

Apple Blossom
06-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Hello, greetings from a lurker....I've been keeping up with you guys but I've been reluctant to jump in. Seems I NEVER meet a challenge and I'm starting to feel like a loser, but not in the weight loss kind of way. I would love to loose 2 pounds a week for this challenge and since I'm jumping in a little late i'll say 6 pounds. 6 pounds by the forth of July would be awsome....
The weather here has cooled down and I'm past the end of the school year rush which also includes my sons birthday so I have no good excuse not to go out for my walk/jog every day this week. So here we go again......:p
I am so jealous of y'all who are close to goal. Those numbers are where I want to be. I know how hard it is...congrats!!!

jen519
06-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi Apple Blossom. I know just how you feel. Seems I've been hanging around the same weight for the last 3 challenges or so. Glad you're here and still trying too. We'll get it if we don't give up.

Jen

debee
06-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Hi,

I would like to join in your challenge. I'm a 42 stay at home mom and have been on this website since January. I was very motivated a few months ago and really started losing weight until about April when my motivation for diet and exercise really slipped.

I am 5'3, petite frame and currently weigh 129. I started six months ago at 141 and last year was at a high of 162. My goal weight (which I wanted to make by my 43 birhtday...my birthday is June 18 so it will not be happening) is 115. I would love to lose 5 pounds in your challenge.

angieME
06-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Hi Debee! Welcome. these girls are great support. June 18 is my husbands birthday too.

dustcatcher
06-12-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm not doing particularly well, as I've only lost 1 lb this week. I do feel I'm doing well as far as eating the right things, but I guess I just have to try harder. I'm at 214 today, and at this rate I will never make the goal I set for myself! AAAGGGHHHH!

dustcatcher

Apple Blossom
06-13-2003, 01:41 AM
I've been doing pretty crummy on the eating part, but exercise is going well. I do at least 20 min of my step aerobics video and a 40 min walk/run daily. Today is the first day I haven't really done anything, except a leisurely 20 min walk. The weather has been so awesome here. I am wearing a sweater!!!

Kempyd
06-13-2003, 10:55 AM
No good news to post today. It seems thatI have gained wieght b/c I started lifting weights again and I have gained muscle. I am going to try to keep a happy outlook though. Afterall, I still have 2 weeks left.

gigglez
06-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone!

Weighed in and was down .8 this week. Pretty good considering the stress here at home. So that makes my total loss at 4.8. I will get there, I hope!

Gennel
06-14-2003, 12:34 PM
Welcome Debee! I have entered you in this challenge. Looks like you are doing very well!

Gen

wishmeluck130lbs
06-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Well i haven't been to the gym in forever and i have loaned out my walking away the pounds to my mom and i haven't excercised in what seems like forever i have been sooo tired probably because i need to get off of my butt..I will still lose the 5 pounds though also my van isn't working but that's no excuse i can still move around here ...And i will start today..!

Yoyo Mom
06-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Well, I'm here to report a lack of progress. I know I haven't been very serious about dieting this month and the scale is reminding me about that. I've been flat since the beginning of the challenge. At least it's not up! I'm getting practice for when I need to maintain ;). Well, I was good today. The box of saltwater taffy someone gave me is gone (and I know where it went), but that's water under the bridge so to speak.

Angie, you said that a pound a week was slow, but for me that is very fast!!! Unless I am pushing myself hard, I usually only try to average 1/2 lb a week. The last few challenges I've been meeting my 1 lb/week goal and been on cloud nine.

Welcome, Debee! You've come a long way already.

Congrats to the losers out there and for those of us who are cruising for one reason or another, let's get back on track.

Later,
-Deborah

grizzlyschick
06-14-2003, 03:53 PM
:wave: Hi everyone! Welcome here Debee! Well everyone I'm down 3 lbs this week. This means 185 off and 5 more to goal~ Woo Hoo! What made me even happier, is that I've had to buy small and medium shirts lately. Something I never thought I'd be able to do, and a friend bought me a pair of size 6 capris and they fit perfect. I'm in shock, but really happy. Hope you all have a wonderful evening! Di

angieME
06-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Sorry Deborah. I didnt mean to offend you. I never said a pound a week was slow. I said that I had a hard time losing it. I also had a month not too long ago where I only lost 3 pounds so I am no stranger to slow losses. I am not comparing my losses to anyone elses because we are all different. I am just trying to get this weight off me and keep it off. :lol:

Congrats Di and Gigglez!!! Way to go!!

I am reporting a 1/2 pound loss this week. How? I dont know. I dont expect a loss next week but we will see. We went out for my husbands birthday dinner and brought some home so tonight is a bad night but I will get back to business in the morning.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend.

angieME
06-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Di, You Rock!!! Way to go on 3 pounds this week!!!185 pounds!!WOW!!! You must be so thrilled. You deserve every bit of happiness, you have worked your behind off to get where you are. YEAH!!! Nice going on the size 6 capris. You are such an inspiration!!

grizzlyschick
06-14-2003, 07:28 PM
:D Thank you Angie! You rock too! You've been an inspiration to all of us. Look at you only 3 more pounds and you're at goal. I am really getting anxious now to be there. Now to try to learn maintainence. That's always been my hard part, of course the exercise routine wasn't a part of my life in past attempts, at least not to this degree. If you have any tips or ideas on maintainence strategies, let me know. I want to learn everything I can to make this a life change. Hope you have a great weekend! Di

angieME
06-14-2003, 07:46 PM
I was hoping you could give me some tips. :lol: I have failed at that miserably last time. Maybe Gen can help us both out.

I wanted to ask you how much cardio do you do a day? And how much weights? I told my hubby that I wanted a weight bench for my birthday so I can do the butterfly and legs and stuff. I need to tone up alot. You have inspired me alot to want to do weights.

I am with you on the life change. I dont want to gain this weight back again and have to try to lose it again. I have my bad days with eating but I guess that is a part of life and I have learned from this sight not to weigh in after a bad day and to get right back on track and keep going. This sight and all of you guys have helped me so much and I think I have learned so much more than I did the last time I lost it all. It really helps to tell someone who is going through the same thing and they help you to get back on track. I love that!

I did get a compliment from a long lost cousin of mine today at my neices party. He told my sister that I was alot smaller than I was in high school and so pretty. That made me feel good.

gigglez
06-15-2003, 08:15 AM
WTG Angie and Di!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I envy both of you. I hope to be near my goal one of these days. Di, size 6 capris and a sm shirt that is wonderful.

Sat. was off way off. Ds had a truphy party for t-ball and I had one hot dog(dog and bun only) a sm handful of chips and a sm slice of cake. That let to prok rinds and some popcorn at the movies. Dinner was ok sm serving of speg. That led to a slice of cheesecake with chocolate syrup on it. I did learn something yesterday though. After I ate those foods that I wasn't suppose to I got really sick to my stomach so I think that has helped me learn not to eat them anymore.

sandy

laney1733
06-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Hello! I just wanted to send some congrats out to this weeks losers!! Way to go!! You guys are cruising down the scale.:D I, am not. I'm reporting in with a maintain this week.:mad: I have been really struggling with my food plan for the last month. My exercise is going great but I am eating way too much, and I can't figure out why. It could be stress, but I ALWAYS have stress! I'm going to mow the grass today, (push mower) and take my bike for a ride today. And try to eat healthier. Happy Dad's Day everyone! TTFN,

gigglez
06-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Stress is something that can kill ya if you let it. I have been taking all of my stress and channeling it into my workouts. However, I haven't been able to get and go workout too much lately. Keep on with the exercise Laney and it will come, who knows when but it will come.

dustcatcher
06-15-2003, 08:26 PM
My scale showed a loss of 1 lb this morning. I wish I could report more than that but losing weight is very slow for me!

dustcatcher

gigglez
06-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Hey Dustcatcher. I think that you are doing great! 1 lb that is great in my book. I take whatever I can get. Keep up the good work!

angieME
06-16-2003, 08:22 AM
WAY TO GO DUSTCATCHER!!!! a pound is a pound and they all add up in the end!!! GREAT JOB GIRL!!

grizzlyschick
06-16-2003, 07:50 PM
:) Thanks for the congrats everyone! Dustcatcher- there are some weeks I just pray to see a 1 lb loss! Way to go!
Angie- I don't know if my routine is a good routine for others, but it's been what works for me. I've had people at the gym tell me they think I'm doing to much cardio, but I think that's because they mostly focus on weights here. Once I explain that I know the little patches of flab left on me will only go if I keep my cardio up- they usually step back. I do 40 - 45 minutes of cardio Mon- Sat. I know it sounds like a lot, but when I was only doing 30, I saw no results at all. The 40- 45 is what works for me. I alternate between the elliptical, speed cycling and occasionally treadmill. As far as weights- Mon., Wed., and Fri. I do chest, back and arms. Tues. and Thurs. and sometimes Sat. I do legs. I'm getting ready to change up my weight routine though. I ordered a women's strength resistance book, and figure I can learn some new ideas from that, at least I hope so. Abs I do at least 3 times a week. I've heard all kinds of controversy on this. Some people say you can do them daily and some people say you need a days rest between. Honestly doing them 5 days a week is what gave me the best results. I lost several inches in my waist from the end of February until this week by doing my routine so I'm sticking with it- no matter what anyone says! My lower belly is my trouble spot. I also ordered a book on just abs. It's supposed to have all the best ab exercises recommended by personal trainers. Sometimes I wonder if I exercise to much, but I'd rather do a little to much than not enough. Once I hit my goal I don't think I'll be quite as obsessed. :lol: I think you're right about asking Gen for maintainence tips I'll have to do that. Well gotta run. If you want more specifics on my weight routine, just let me know and I'll pm you so everyone doesn't have to wade through my book long post. Take care. Di:D

angieME
06-16-2003, 09:34 PM
I really think I need to start some sort of weight training. My bat wings are pretty bad and I would think that if I bulked up my arms a bit it wouldnt be so noticeable. I usually concentrate on cardio also so I have a hard time fitting in weights but it definately sounds like it has helped you a great deal. Where it is warm out I try to do 4 1/2 mile to 6 mile walks everyday, but during the winter I do 1 hour on the elliptical and bike everyday. I am dreading this winter when I have to be stuck inside again. I guess I will have to hint louder to hubby for that weightbench for my birthday. :lol:

Serina, I have been having a problem with the munching lately too. Today has been a nightmare foodwise. I seem to relaxe too much with food the closer I get to my goal plus my husbands birthday is Wednesday and I have a big birthday party planned for me,mom and my twins birthday plus my dad's 50th birthday on June 28 so I know of a few days that I will be messing up maybe I am sabotaging myself. I cant wait until this month is over so things can get back to normal. :lol:

Gen, It is getting so close to your moving day!! I'll bet you are so excited.

Gennel
06-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey! I made a quick stop here saturday but didnt see many weigh in updates so I decided to wait until today. I need a ton of support from you ladies, but I will write a seperate post about that in a few minutes!

Kempyd ..Goal ..6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal..7 lbs..Loss 3.5 lbs

Gigglez Goal.. 8 lbs..loss 4.8

Jen519..Goal..8 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Dustcatcher..Goal 8 lbs...loss 1 lbs

Grizzlyschick..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 4 lbs

Yoyom..Goal 2 lbs

Laney1733 ..Goal 5 lbs ..loss 1 lb

Debee..Goal 5 lbs

Gennel
06-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Right now we're in a countdown for moving out of this house. I feel so disorganized with all these boxes everywhere. I have to keep our paper work in order and that is becoming difficult!

I have been finding more and more difficult to take time out to exercise, and I know too well that is my downfall! Besides, as of June 27th I will no longer have a membership at my gym since we're moving. The closest membership Gym is 45 miles away from where I will live so I can cancel the 3 yr contract with them.Of course I have to show proof that I sold this house, closing papers of the new house,mail in my membership cards also. I'm terrified just to think that I will go back to my old ways and gain it all back. I have two jeans that fit tight. I have found myself eating stuff I shouldnt be eating. I can see this all so clearly right in front of me. The big stress of a big move like this is not fun.To top things off I got TOM yesterday ,really ,really painful too! so I've been in a black t-shirt and sweatpants mood this weekend lol.
I've even talked to my husband seriously about all this I'm feeling.I never want to go back , I never want to go back.
I physically feel too good now to want to ruin this. Another thing is soooo many people that know me think that I am so strong and have so much willpower ,yada yada yada.When I try to open my mouth to tell them how hard it is to try and maintain ,they think I'm telling them a joke or something!
I'm sorry to dump all this on you guys , but I know if there's anyone who can understand what I'm going through it would be all of you :)
night,Gen

gigglez
06-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Tonight I was given some 14s and I got them on!!!!!!! They were tight but hey they buttoned and zipped. MY goal is for them to fit better by the end of this challenge so I have to kick this into high gear!

Apple Blossom
06-17-2003, 12:57 AM
Hey gigglez, I have a pair of shorts I'm hoping will fit better by the end of the month too....
This past week-end was party party party, and my usual down fall, BEER. I swear if I stopped drinking beer I would drop 20 pounds.
Hey, why don't you stop drinking beer??
Okay, I'll try.

Eating was not as out of control as it could have been but no diet either. Today I feel like I did really well, with a 40 minute walk as well. Its hot, and I really didn't feel like running. I'll go in the morning tomorrow.
I'm so jealous of those almost-at-goal girls. I hope to join your ranks some day.

angieME
06-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Gen, I know exactly what you are going through. I did it last time and I think I am falling back into the pattern this time too. I had something stressfull happen last time and I just stopped exercising all together and of course it is SO easy to fall back into the pattern of overeating. Your move is almost here and it will be over with soon. (hopefully, right?) Do you have a new gym all lined up at your new house? If not I would recommend just buying an elliptical to have at home for you. I like mine, not as much as walking outside but I hear it is VERY hot there during the summer so you probably wouldnt be able to walk outside,right?

You will get through this. You have a hectic schedule right now but do what you can and when the move is completed you will get a new pattern down. At least you realize how easy it is to go back. I didnt realize how fast the weight can come back until I had gained back 76 pounds. I am here for you. If you need a friend to talk to you can PM me. Heck, I can even call you and talk. I will do all I can to help you get through this. I wished I had some magic words of wisdom to make you feel better but I just want you to know that I am here for you and I know how hard maintaining is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS: I wanted to let you know that I think you have done a great job so far and you really do inspire me to want to make it work this time. You are the first person I have known to lose alot of weight and maintain it for more than a week.:grouphug:

Kempyd
06-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Gen don't give up! Moving is very stressful and I bet that is what is going on. Food is a comfort thing as we all know and it is very easy to fall into it for support. I know I did it. You also have inspired me to keep going. From your words you have taught me that I am the only one that can make the change and why do I use food to bring myself down. Remeber what Dr. Phil said and push those thoughts. You are very luck to have a great hubby that will support you. Girl use him! My hubby knows when I am not working out b/c of my actions and I am sure your does too. Just like Angie said we are all here for you even if it is just to come on here and cry about what is happening. We all love you here and we don't want to see anything happen to you. Keep your chin up and don't stop posting!

angieME
06-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Gen, How are you doing today?

Gennel
06-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Thank you guys!

I plan to walk everyday ,at least that's still exercise. I didnt go to the gym cause TOM was pretty bad earlier this week. But today I asked hubby to go to the park where I used to walk everyday last year. We took the girls along with my daughter's friend . We walked 10 times around the park for one hour.Angie it is soooo easy to fall back into the old habits.I made my hubby totally aware of what's going on and he's been helping me too.

I will probably not be able to check the posts for a while after June 28th. We're moving to my brother's house for 10 days up to 2 weeks probably until we close onthe new house. So Iwont be able to get online as often as I do now :( So please dont think I forgot you guys!

ttyl,Gen

grizzlyschick
06-18-2003, 07:56 PM
:cb: Way to go gigglez on those 14's!!
Gen- I hope things are better. I agree with Kempyd and Angie you have been such an inspiration to us all. Not only by what you've accomplished, but by also encouraging each and every one of us to continue. I don't know how many times I've pm'd you with my woes and you've said just the right thing to keep me going. You're in my thoughts. We're here for you! Hope everyone else is doing fine.
Kina- WHERE ARE YOU?!?:)
Well gotta run- hope you get that bench for your bday Angie. Take care all. Di

Kina
06-18-2003, 10:02 PM
Hi Di! Hi everyone! I know I have been kind of not here but here. I have been reading the posts but not much time to post myself. We have been having roofing troubles and then our van broke down. The van is going to put us 1200-1400 bucks. Then we have some personal issues that came up. I have been working at the office part time and in just a few weeks my seasonal job will be beginning.

On the flip side of coin...I have been working out with weights. I also have been making it a point to take the longer routes and parking farther away. I did really good today and had fruit for breakfast and snacks. I always have a hard time getting that fruit in. But the workout I have been doing has me feeling really great about myself. I feel my (like Angie refers to them) "bat wings" are getting a great workout.

Well with that I am going to give out my Congratulations to all the busy bodies on the thread. You all are truly amazing. Di...you my dear freind you are ONE in a MILLION! I will be following right behind.
Hugs to you always...followed with many smiles, Kina

Kempyd
06-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Kina good to see you came back from the land of the lurkers.

Jen did you cross over to that land? I havn't seen you around.

I stopped weighing myself everyday like I did in January. I wasn't working out then but all I was doing was dieting so I think that is why my numbers dropped and now that I am adding muscle the numbers are not being to kind. I think I am only going to weight on Friday and hopefully after a week of being good I will be rewarded.

Gennel
06-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Well its been about a month since I havent passed by the house to see the progress. My brother says I'll be in for a huge surprise. The driveway was poured this morning, all interior walls are smooth and painted and the house is locked up. So I'll have to visit the builder so they can give me keys. This way we get to go in whenever we want and look. I'm so excited cause the driveway is one of the last things that is done!

Today I woke up and was determined to walk an hour at the park. Well by the time I was ready ,it rained cats and dogs. I waited for about an hour and went to the gym. Did my hour on the elliptical! By the time I was done there was a horrible storm outside! :( Ihad no umbrella or towel. I waited for a while and Ihad to run to the car. Well the parking was flooded about 8 inches and I could smell the sewer too! UGH!!!! Iget in my car and my shoes are just gushing that stinky flooded water from outside. I asked myself " was this all worth the workout" YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the good feeling again, I felt proud that I didnt give in to those "lazy demons" lol

I will take pics of the house and try to post when I get back! I shouldbe back Sunday evening.

night,Gen

gigglez
06-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Gen, don't give up! I too know the stressful part of moving. Right now I am trying to move although I would prefer not to have to but then again I have to be realistic and know that there is no way that I can afford this place alone. This has affect my workouts as well. The stess has cause certain body functions not to work once again. UGH! What a life. Weighed in and I was up 2. YUCK! Bright side is that I am over all of this here at home and have actually been asked out. Shock to my system! Gotta run. Later

Kempyd
06-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Ok weigh in day for me. I am so confused I am down 3 lbs but I am up 3% BF. That makes no sense. I have got to take the skin fold calipers home and have Joe take the reading there so I can see what that has to say instead of the Tanita.

Gen I can't wait to see the house pics.

grizzlyschick
06-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone- Well I'm still sitting at 145, but at least I know why. According to my measurements, I'm showing muscle gain in 3 areas. When this happens to me it usually takes a few days for my weight to start moving again and my measurements to start climbing down. I'm trying to start focusing more on how I look and feel, and not on the scale. I stopped daily weighing this week. Now I do my weigh ins twice a week and measurements usually afterwards. I tried some new things at the gym this morning. I'm thinking I need to vary my routine again. Guess I gotta figure it all out.
Gen- I bet you can't wait to move in that's so exciting:cb:
Kina- Sorry to hear about the van and the roof. Girl it's always something huh! I hope things are getting better for you. Congrats on the new workout- You go girl:bravo: Thank you for all the encouraging words my dear friend.
Well I have to go. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

gigglez
06-21-2003, 04:11 PM
WTG Chick on those measurments going down. Keep it up. Maybe one of these days I will get out of the funk that I am in. Here's to a great weekeend OP

angieME
06-22-2003, 07:32 PM
No good news to report since I fell off the wagon this weekend. That is life. I am back on it until the birthday party on Saturday and then we have the birthday dinner on Monday so if I am on plan until Saturday I should be able to maintain. Hopefully. How come it is so easy to fall into the old patterns and so hard to fall back into the healthy ones? :lol:

Needless to say I wont be reaching my goal for the month I am sure. Too many parties in June I guess. :lol:

Gen, Have a good move and remember....It will be over soon. Then you get to enjoy your beautiful new home. I will miss you. Post when you can and I am hoping it all goes smoothly for you.

Di, Great job on your measurements going down. That always helps when the scale doesnt want to budge. You are doing awesome.

Kempy, Way to go on the 3 pound loss!!! WOOHOO GIRL!!!

gigglez
06-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Evening everyone!

Angie, I know all too well about those old habits. Right now I am trying hard to keep the good ones up. I hope that I can. Haven't been following my diet real close lately. Too much stress and too much going on here. I hope that as soon as I get everything all settled I will be able to get back into the swing of things.

Had a great pic to post but it was too large and I can't figure out how to make it small so that I can post it.

Here's to a great week ahead.

sandy

dustcatcher
06-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Well I am 212 today.......so I am losing even if it is VERY slowly! I'm doing well with my eating and exercising, so hopefully it will eventually make a difference!

dustcatcher

gigglez
06-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Weighted in today and I was at 182. That outs the total loss so far at 6lbs. Here's to making this challenge.

Kempyd
06-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Way to go gigglez! :cp: It is always great to hear about everyones achievements.

Yoyo Mom
06-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi, Folks,

I'm still hanging in here, and still at the same weight as at the start of this challenge. I am going to put on a last-minute push and see if I can claim any progress this month. I guess a few of us are having problems with the old habits sneaking back up on us. Maybe I have to go back to basics... log my food, drink enough water, eat more salads, etc. If I do those positive things, then it is easier to stay OP. I think my problem is that I'm not getting enough low calorie foods into my body (water, salad, fruit) and then I'm prey to higher calorie options, even if they aren't junk food (whole grain bread, NF cheese, etc).

Gen, please don't give in! I think all of us on the board know that maintaining is very hard. I for one am always either gaining or losing weight which is not where you want to be (well, I've been maintaining this month, but it's because I'm trying to lose, but only half-heartedly). You have been an inspriation for me to look towards the day I can get out of this vicious cycle. Think about all the benefits of the new you and I'm sure you'll think the effort is worth it!

Congrats to everyone who is making progress! I hope to join you before the challenge is over!

Later,
-Deborah

gigglez
06-26-2003, 06:53 PM
Deborah I understand about the old habits sneaking back. I made a vow to myself the other day that I am going to start each say anew and try to advoid all of those demonds. Maybe something like that could work each day is a fresh start. Who knows.

sandy

Kempyd
06-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Well today is my last weight in for this challenge. Iwill be on vacaction next week and I know that there will be no way I can stay OP. I can't beleive that I have actually increased the numbers instead of dropped them. I am not up 2 pounds since the begining of this challenge. Oh well, so much for my birthday weight loss. I will be back on the challenge after July 7.

I hope the rest of you have done great and I can't wait to read all of the weight loss sucesses!

gigglez
06-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Kempyd have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grizzlyschick
06-28-2003, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone- Kempyd- hope you have a great vacation:) Way to go on the loss gigglez and dustcatcher. Me I'm down 1lb. On Wednesday I weighed in at 143 and then this am I was 144. Oh well. These last few are holding on for everything they've got:lol: . I'm taking a vow to just relax today. I've been pushing it pretty hard lately and need a break. Hope you all have a great weekend. Take care. Di

Gennel
06-28-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm about to disconnect this computer in a few minutes but I just had to stop by and say that I'll be back soon! The house is like 98% done and we'll be doing the "walk through" July7. The closing is a few days after that. We're waiting for the Uhaul truck so we can load everything up today. I'll be at my brother's house so I might be able to stop by the post boards but I cant promise that. Below are the last pictures that we took of the house. It's only been a week and the house is now painted,all kitchen cabinets ,counters and island is installed,bathroom cabinets ,fixtures,lights,outlets,central A/C all done. We are just waiting for the floor/rug,Light company and grass.

I wanted to also introduce you guys to the person who kept me going when I was losing weight! Her name is Gracie(gracenote) and she'd like to join our group.

PICS From a week ago
Me& girls in front of house
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/51/FA/20347729-13a2-02000180-.jpg

FRONT OF DRIVEWAY/GARAGE
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/52/FA/20347730-c29c-02000180-.jpg

Kitchen view from family room( all finished 2 days later!)
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/76/FB/20347766-ce32-02000180-.jpg

Me & Girls in back Porch/BBQ area
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/37/F9/20347703-bd91-02000180-.jpg

I'll miss you ladies!
talk to ya soon!
Gen

Yoyo Mom
06-30-2003, 08:32 AM
Well, I've managed to pull Victory out of the jaws of defeat! I've been very OP since my last posting and I'm down 3 pounds!!!! Woohoo! Luckily, I had a very modest goal for this challenge (2 lbs) so I managed to meet and exceed it! I would normally think it wasn't *real* weight loss, because I often get a little initial boost when I get back OP, just because I am eating less food so there is less weight in the pipeline (so to speak) when I get on the scale. But I don't think this is the case this time. The past two days I have absolutely gorged myself at salad bars so I don't think I am showing loss due to less intake weight. I must have been losing a little weight all that time the scale wasn't moving.

Kempy, have a great vacation! I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds before mine starts, but I'm already stressing about potential weight gain during it. Oh, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Gen, hope your house is wonderful and you get many years of satisfaction in your home.

Catch you all on the next challenge! Maybe one of us will have to post it, since Gen is off-line for now?

Later,
-Deborah

gigglez
07-02-2003, 09:09 PM
Here is the results of my final weight in, 180 I made it I lost those 8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dustcatcher
07-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Well I didn't manage to achieve my goal this time. Only lost 3 lbs all month. Seems like I should have done better, but maybe I'll have more success this month.

dustcatcher

grizzlyschick
07-05-2003, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone- Well my final weigh in was 142. I was down 2 lbs last Monday, so 2 more to goal. I've been unable to go to the gym for a 3 days now. I pulled my chest muscle at work. The doctor put me on a lifting restriction until this coming Monday, and told me to just take it easy until it heals. I'm trying to relax, but it's darn near impossible with all this energy I have now, so I'm just kinda modifying my activities:D . I'm hoping I can just manage to maintain until I hit the gym again. I felt great when she looked me over, she said she was impressed with my chest muscles, and that they could tell I did a lot of cardio, because my pulse was low. I never knew that a low pulse was a sign of a strong heart but she said it was and that I have the heart and body of an athlete! Though in pain from the muscle, I was on cloud nine by her comments. I told her that this time last year I was just under 330 lbs and never thought I'd hear someone call me athletic, least of all a doctor.
gigglez and yoyo mom- Congrats on the losses:bravo:
Dustcatcher- Hey 3 lbs is good! You should be proud of yourself:)
Gen- Hope all is well with the house
Kina and Angie- miss seeing your posts!
Well gotta run- Walmart's calling my name- Take care all. Di

gigglez
07-05-2003, 09:04 AM
See Grizzly dreams to come true!

Dust WTG I think that 3lbs is great!

wishmeluck130lbs
07-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Where is the new challenge at?I need help well not help just more motivation all that i can get to get to the gym lol...

grizzlyschick
07-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone- Thanks for the congrats gigglez. I know we didn't do the weigh in this past week, but I was down 1 lb so I have 1 more pound to goal! Which I'm praying I can get off by the end of the month. I really miss the challenges, can't wait till Gen's back to start another one, unless someone else is going to do it. I know wishmeluck I need the motivation too. So even if it's not an official challenge, maybe those of us who are hanging around could still post our losses, or maintains. Once I start maintainence I'm definitely going to need these challenges to keep me on the straight path. I hope you all are doing well and having a great summer. Take care. Di

grizzlyschick
07-17-2003, 05:48 AM
:cb: I HIT GOAL!!! After 1 year 3 months and 17 days, I finally hit goal. I now have 190 pounds off!! WOO HOO!! Sorry to toot my own horn, I'm just excited. I wanted to thank you all for the encouragement and well wishes along the way. Your support has meant the world to me. Thank you for being on this thread- it has helped me keep going more than once. Take care all. Di

Dips'n'twists
07-17-2003, 07:52 AM
WOW Grizzly,

You go girl! I've been away for a while and how refreshing to see you at your goal upon my return. I'm so happy for you! Where it well girly.

Dips

Dips'n'twists
07-17-2003, 07:55 AM
To Everyone,

I've been so busy with work I haven't had a chance to check in too much which sucks because I really like talking to you girls.It seems that everytime i look at the TV another one of our soldiers are being killed in Iraq. My close friends are all okay but i worry about them everyday.

Anyways, I'll read over the pages to kinda catch up.

Ciao

-Dips-

angieME
07-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Way to go girl!! 190 pounds WOW!! I am so proud of you!!:dancer: :grouphug: :gift: :bravo:

I am back up to 141, that is where I started in June. I had way too many birthday parties last month and not enough motivation. I am trying to get back to it. I am not too upset about it though because I am comfortable right now and I know I will get there at some point.

Dips, It's nice to see you again. I have been wondering about you. Glad to hear you are safe.

grizzlyschick
07-17-2003, 04:46 PM
:D Dips!- Hey girl, long time no see;) I've thought of you a lot lately. Especially when it seems like you hear about more soldiers dying everyday in Iraq. My prayers are with all of you. Thank you for your congrats, and for taking time out to say hi. It means a lot to me:grouphug: I hope we get to see you more often, I miss hearing how you are. Take care girl.
Angie- Thank you so much for the congrats:D You have been a source of my motivation I don't know how many times. There were times I wanted to pull my hair out and got on here, read your posts and about how you were doing on your journey, and it helped to give me the push I needed to keep going. From your pics, you look great. I like you have decided to be comfortable where I'm at. I'm going to try to stay right at 140, but I'm not going to beat myself up over 2 lbs or so either way. Hearing you say your proud means a lot to me and I thank you.
Well I gotta run, dishes calling my name- URGH!:p Take care- Di

TonyaS
07-17-2003, 05:11 PM
I hopped to the last page of this post, and I see grizzlyschick, lost 190 pounds! WOW woman, that is such an accomplishment, CONGRATULATIONS!

melekalikimaka
07-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Hey Di! The challenge thread popped up to the top of the forum and I had to see why. Congratulations on reaching goal!!!! :strong: :hat: :cb: That is totally awesome! I am proud and amazed at your dedication. You rock!

Aloha!

grizzlyschick
07-23-2003, 05:33 AM
;) Hi everyone! Thanks Tonya and Melekalikimaka! Well I'm doing pretty good on maintainence I think. I've more or less kept my eating the same, but added a little more here or there. I wanted to check in sooner, but I keep getting myself bogged down. I miss all the activity on the thread! I hope you're all having a great summer. Take care- Di

Kina
07-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Di you have to start a thread and tell us the following:

When did you start this life change for the new you?
What did you do in order to reach your goal?
Why was this time around different than any other?
How often did you exercise and what kind of routine did you have?
Who can and cannot do the exact same thing as you did?
Where do you start?

Inquiring minds want to know? Hugs to you my friend and if only I had more than two thumbs because you deserve more than two! LOL

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

PS...if you start a new thread of your own let me know!

TonyaS
07-23-2003, 05:25 PM
I second that! :D

also, if you need a "maintenance" buddy, lemme know.. hehe, I am finding it's as much as struggle as losing, and it takes work everyday, and probably will forever :)

angieME
07-23-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm with Kina and Tonya!!! I want some pics too!!

YOU are the best DI!! I am so impressed with all that you have done. I would love to hear your schedule and everything too. I need some inspiration to get me moving again. I have hit a wall and am having a hard time getting moving again.

grizzlyschick
07-27-2003, 04:40 AM
:D Hi Ladies- Thank you all so much for the support, compliments and encouragement. If you guys would tell me how to start a thread with my story I'd love to do it. Maybe I can help someone else along their journey to. I've had family and friends try to convince me to get into something where I could help other people hit their goals, but I have no idea what that would be, so doing a thread would help me to know that I'm trying to help someone else too. As for maintainence- I'm doing pretty good. I've done well with food choices, but found that skipping time at the gym is something I can't do. I missed a day last week, busy week at work and I had overslept- it was near impossible to get motivated to go the next day:p Tonya- If you want a maintainence buddy, I'd love to do it. Kina and Angie- if you guys are willing to help me start a thread- I'd love to do it. You both have such great ideas and are so much smarter about this stuff than I am. You've also both been my motivators and cheerleaders here. I have pictures of me at size 12, but the ones of me at size 6 my husband just took. I'll get that roll used up so I can send you guys pics. Something else I'll have to ask you to explain to me how to do. Well Thank You all so much. If I could I would give each of you a hug for helping so much this last year, it's meant more than you'll ever know. Take care- Di

angieME
07-27-2003, 09:20 AM
I cant wait for your new thread Di!! Just hit the new thread button and it will start a new one for you. I think your story will help alot of people. I am sure there are alot of people who are overweight and thinking that I cant lose that much weight and you can show them that it CAN be done. I didnt think I could ever lose my weight but I bought a magazine that was full of success stories and whenever I felt like cheating I would read those stories over and over so that i knew it could be done. (of course they stopped printing the magazine just as i started to diet. :lol: )

I cant wait. I am like a little kid in a candystore. Iam just now trying to get back into the groove and this is perfect timing. I have something new to look forward to. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. I will do what I can.

angieME
07-27-2003, 09:24 AM
I posted these on another thread before but I am not sure I posted them here yet. So here goes I think I weighed about 250 pounds here because it was about a month after I started to lose weight the first time.

angieME
07-27-2003, 09:28 AM
This is one I had my daughter take a few months ago before I fell off the wagon.

angieME
07-27-2003, 09:40 AM
This is me a few years before I ever started to diet. I am not at my highest hee either but probably pretty close.

Kina
07-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Di...I sent you a four part PM because it was a long one and that darn thing kept saying I had too many characters to send. So I had to cut it downd into parts. But I agree with Angie lots of people would be interested in knowing how you did and how you have overcome the obstacles. I would love to see your then and now pics. I bet I will need a chair to see the results. I mean that I am sure it will blow me out of my mind.

Wow Angie...you have also had amazing results! those of you who don't know Angie runs a bakery of some kind and I swear any lady who can say no to a pastry is my hero. Krispy Kreme just opened here in town well DH had to go and buy some and we aren't talking about 1 dozen we are talking 2 dozens! OMG! Let's talk about something else...no just kidding. Not in a whole sitting but in one day I managed to eat 2 glazed doughnuts and 2 jelly filled! OMG! I felt awful. I have a weakness for pastries.

With the two of you on a thread talking about your successes and how you plan to keep it off, all in effort to motivate those who struggle, like simple ol' me. ;) MAKE THE THREAD AND THEY WILL COME as they say! It would be truly amazing to see this come alive and see the motivation that will come of it. I know I am ready for the motivation. Like Angie says I enjoy reading success stories they keep me in line and they help me to make better choices for myself. You two have proven that it can be done and people would like to know how you did it and how can they do exactly what you did and how you will keep it off because they plan to also keep it off.

Keep me informed. This thread has gotten a little slow but I know there are many out there that relied on the motivation of this thread. Unfortunately with Gennel busy with her new house it's kind slowed. Well I will be here to cheer you on Di!

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

grizzlyschick
07-27-2003, 09:29 PM
:) Whew! Angie your pictures are amazing! You know you were pretty even at your highest weight. At my highest weight, I had 3 chins and wasn't attractive at all, least of all to myself. It won't be long and you'll be at goal writing your success story! I can't wait to read it! By the way sent you a pm. It's a little long so be prepared for a short novel, ok:lol:
Kina- I sent you another pm and just like Angie's it's a novel. I used to love pastries too. My biggest weakness was an apple fritter. It's almost like a bearclaw, but made with apples and cinnamon and then glazed. It's HUGE! But oh God it is pure Heaven. Well I mean it used to be. Now I settle for a baked apple, with raisins, cinnamon and equal mixed, and a tbsp of grapenuts on top. I microwave for 3 minutes take it out put a tbsp of fat free coolwhip on top and microwave 30 seconds and then let it cool a little. It has less than 120 calories and is very filling and settles my sweet tooth. Guess you figured out that apples are my favorite fruit and now one of the things I crave!
You know I really miss Gennel just like most of you. I also miss these challenges. I know it's hard to stay motivated without that goal set for them. I hope we can all keep encouraging each other while Gennels gone. God knows I need it and I'm sure so many out there do too. I hope everyone is well. Take care all. Di;)

Dips'n'twists
07-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Ciao Ladies,

What's this I hear about Grizzly starting her own thread?!! KOOL the more the better. By the way, where has eveyone been?? :( It gets lonely overseas.

Anyways, it's pretty hectic over here for me. I'm currently house sitting and inside this house are 5 cats and a dog!! (I know we have some animal lovers here but that's a bit much for me) It's goiung okay but I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the family.

These days I'm feeling a litle bumed that I haven't reached my goal but I have a workout buddy so that's helping. We'll see how that goes

Congrats again Di, I look forward to the new thread!!

-Dips-

angieME
07-28-2003, 09:01 AM
Hey dips, How are ya? I think about you often. You would go crazy at my house.... 3 dogs,4 cats,1 fish and 3 kids. It is like my own little zoo. :lol:

I wished I was a big fruit eater. Pretty much the only thing I like is strawberries,watermelon and bananas. I guess I should buy some to eat though instead of junk.

I made it through yesterday OP. Yeah for small successes!!! I am going to try to get to 135 by the end of August so maybe that will motivate me to stay on track for more than a few days.

Has anyone heard how Gennel is doing? I PM'd her but havent heard anything. I hope her move went smoothly.

WE MISS YOU GENNEL!!!!!

Dips'n'twists
07-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Angie, Angie, Angie

It's like wild safari over at your place :) I guess I would go crazy! But I was looking at your pics [again] thinking that you are so remarkable. It is so hard to stay focused on your goal but you're almost there, girl.

You should always be proud that you made it this far and always remember, it's the last few that always take the longest but yu'll make it, I have no doubt in my mind.

Kina- What up chica! Haven't heard from you in a minute. Good to see you pop up in the thread.

I pm'd Gennel also but I guess she's really into the new house. I hope all is well with her. Hey Gen!!

I just finished this aerobics class that kicked my butt! It was a lot of fun though but afterward I was literally stagering back to the car. The instructor was new so I guess she wanted to make a big first impression but I'll be feeling her impression all day tomorrow :)

Well Hope all is well. By the way has anyone heard from Jen??

-Dips-

Kina
07-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Dips Baby...you know it's just going over here. I have been busy with kids, work, and all the whiles trying to get a handle on this weight! I think I've got a better grip on it this time. With all the success that is going on around here it's hard not to make it possible.

I will be working full time in the evening pretty soon. So I will become scarce for a while. I will also be back at school in September. So right now I going up the roller coaster at a pretty slow speed anticipating that drop at full speed. Aaaaarrrrgh! Don't you just love life! I woulnd't have it any other way.

Well ladies I wanted to stop by and tell you I had willpower the strength of WONDER WOMAN! I went out to my little one's school to help out the teacher as I have every day since school started. Well she figured she would pay me for my work. Pay me?...you ask. Pay me in the form of DOUGHNUTS!!!! OMG!!! I gratefully declined and proceeded to go into the classroom to do my volunteer work...all the while those doughnuts sit in the same room as me. Often my thoughts wandered off to the blissful taste of Krispy Kreme doughnuts but I'd shake it off quickly. My tummy would grumble even though I knew I was not hungry. But finally 3pm bell rang and I thought of grabbing a doughnut afterall but then I said "No, the scale was very nice to you this morning showing you at 197.5 do you want some more of that or do you want that darn doughnut that will just stick to your flying squirrel underams (description taken from Angie's prior posts thanks for painting a vivid picture Ang...hahaha), or better yet your rubbing thighs, or maybe even your bubba butt. Which would you rather have, Kina! Decide and pay the ultimate price!" I swear those voices are vicious! I ran out of there quickly...without the doughnut! Applause and courtsey...thank you very much. LOL

Well I better get going. I hope you all's Monday was a great one. Talk to you later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

angieME
07-28-2003, 07:38 PM
YEAH KINA!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!:cheers: :encore: :high: :dancer: :bravo: Great job on passing up the donuts!! They are evil I tell you and this is coming from a woman whose living depends on them :lol:

Dips'n'twists
07-29-2003, 11:59 PM
Kina- Way to fight temptation, girly. I'm proud of you. As Angie said they are evil and should be destroyed!

I'm sore today but not as much as yesterday. I wish this proccess wasn't so darn slow! But what can ya do.

-Dips-

Gennel
07-30-2003, 01:01 AM
I finally got internet! ugh ,it's dial up and super duper slow!
Well we finally did the closing on the house and I'm here! We moved in this past Thursday. I've been going to bed super late each night. We were sleeping at my brother's house, then my mom's apartment,then we went to Orlando to visit friends. This went on for 3 weeks. Living out of bags and boxes. It was horrible not having a place but it's over. I was so desperate to see everything set up and decorated that the first night we went to bed at 4 AM ! I must take pictures and post them asap.
I have to learn myway around this place to start my business up here.

I just wanted to thank everyone one of you who had me in your prayers. I missed the post boards so much. I felt like an addict going through withdrawls! lol I really want to have the challenges going or at least a thread where all the "oldies" can post . But I wont be able to maintain it personally for now. This week we are having family over from NJ. And for a while we will be expecting family over every weekend lol .

Ladies,it seems as if you have done very well . Di , You did it !
Please dont forget to send me pics or post them!

well here it is ! 1 AM and I'm awake! I gotta get to bed.
love ya guys!

Gen

Apple Blossom
07-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Its so nice to hear from everyone again!
Angie, I can't get over your before & after pics. It's hard to tell it's the same You!
:cp: Hurray Kina for passing up the donuts!
Hey Dips, are you still in Italy?
I've been posting on the 21 day challenge. I'm doing quite well, down 2 pounds so far.:p
Take care everyone!!:grouphug:

angieME
07-30-2003, 08:14 AM
Good Job Apple Blossom. yeah, I did look a little different back then. :lol:

Dips,How are your muscles doing today? That must have been some workout. I hope you get your usual instructor back soon. :lol:

Gen, We all missed you so much!! Di is going to start a thread soon so maybe we can all just jump over there and keep in touch. It would be nice to be able to keep all of us together. You guys have all been such an inspiration to me and kept me going.

Kina
07-30-2003, 06:01 PM
My seasonal job called me back to work yesterday. I am just getting home. This won't be my normal shift...I will start that next week. Anyway...I am so tired my fingers hurt. Ouch!

Gennel...happy to see your post.
Dips...are you army or what...I have a cousin who is in the Army and another cousing who is in the Marines. One came back from Baghdad for a short visit and the other one was going to someplace out there also.
Appleblossom...I was totally surprised to see your post...thanks for your support.
HI Angie!
Di...how's it going...you may not hear from me as often now that I have my seasonal job keeping me busy. But I will certainly make every effort to read the posts; I may not have the energy to post but I will read.

Well talk to you all later...I have to go pick up the kids.

Hugs & Smiles, KINA

Dips'n'twists
07-31-2003, 12:01 AM
Ciao Ladies,

Hi AppleBlossom!! How the heck are ya?! Yes I'm still in beautiful Italy but I'll be going home soon.

Angie- I feel a little better but some places are still a little stiff. Meanwhile since I got a little aerobics posse going on we're still forcing each other to the classes with the evil instructor lady. Turns out our normal guy won't be back for a while.

Gennel- Godd to hear from you. You are one busy chica! But it's all for a good reason so good luck to you

Kina- You're pretty busy yourself. I'm in the army, Marines are hardcore! I'm not THAT tough lol. But I have a lot of admiration for your family in service. They were in Bahgdad looking out for me.

Gotta get to work, Ciao!!
-Dips-

Apple Blossom
07-31-2003, 01:07 AM
Hey everyone!
Gen, I hope we'll be hearing more from you know that you're on-line again. I had dial-up for over a year and it stinks!! Take Rusty's advice and bring some barbells to your computer station and pump a few while you wait for stuff to load.......It's amazing how much time can be lost just WAITING......
Hey Kina, I love hearing from you, you are REAL and I'm rooting for you!!!! I've checked out your web-site a few times too. Don't you think there should be a frog "smilie"?:lol:
Dips, I forgot where in Italy you are. My brother-in-law just got back from Lake Como. I saw his pics, it's beautiful!!!! And I was born in Rome. I hope to go back some day.
If I have a consistent reading tomorrow, I will report a 2 pound loss!!!:cb:

Dips'n'twists
07-31-2003, 05:11 AM
AppleBlossom- Born in Rome, huh, that's pretty cool. I'm way north of that in Vicenza. I love it here, so serine and the people {who aren't protesting in front of our base} are really sweet. 'll be sad to leave but I have a lot of people waiting for me back home so I'm ready.

The aerobics instructor from **** will be at the gym today and I'm forcing myself to go. I figure the pain is just the fat leaving my body.So as the pain subsides, so should the fat, right? We'll see:)

-Dips-

Gennel
08-03-2003, 12:32 AM
I dont know if all of you can see this link/photos. I took a few pictures and most came out blurry so I didnt take more pictures of the rest of the house but this is what I've done so far....

Front of house:
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/8D/CA/21814413-24be-02000180-.jpg

Back Porch area:

http://a7.cpimg.com/image/09/CE/21814537-1019-02000180-.jpg

Master bath sinks:
http://a8.cpimg.com/image/0A/CE/21814538-31ac-02000180-.jpg

Master Tub:
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/0B/CE/21814539-97d3-02000180-.jpg

Master Bedroom:
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/0C/CE/21814540-e4a9-02000180-.jpg

Livingroom:
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/0D/CE/21814541-9cd3-02000180-.jpg

Diningroom:
http://a9.cpimg.com/image/79/D2/21814649-68d3-02000180-.jpg

Family room:
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/7B/D2/21814651-3df2-02000180-.jpg

Breakfast Nook:
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/7C/D2/21814652-3ae6-02000180-.jpg

Kitchen:
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/7D/D2/21814653-e550-02000180-.jpg

6yr Old's bedroom: VERY BLURRY!
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/7A/D2/21814650-0bb1-02000180-.jpg

angieME
08-03-2003, 04:42 PM
AWESOME house Gen!!! It looks beautiful.

Dips'n'twists
08-04-2003, 03:15 AM
Gen!

Your house is absolutely gorgeous!! Makes me rethink my plan to move the fiance' out of florida for New York. No wonder he's so attached!

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Congratulations on owning your own piece of Fla.

Hope everyone had a smashing weekend. I tried yoga and Pilates over the weekend and the weird thing is you don't feel like you're working that hard but then the next day you feel like you spent hours in the gym. It's prety cool, I think I'll make it a regular thing.

-Dips-

thinlizzie
08-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Hey there Gennel~~and the rest of the chicks on here. I am an old friend of Gennel's and decided i needed to find how she is.

WOW~~those pics of your new house are just fabulous. What timing i had. I might not have found you if looked any sooner, as it sounds like you've been pretty darn busy w/the move and all.

I need to get more active with a good bunch of support on here. My group is dwindling down to only 2 or maybe 3 posters(and that is counting me!) so if you don't mind my dropping by here, or if you start a brand new thread, i would be honored to join you all. Right now i'm doing a bit of low-carb with watching portion sizes. DH really needs to watch his carbs, so i figured we both could do this at the same time. Won't hurt me any to cut back on them. The good part is you can still have melon and berries, and those are in season now and you can get real good ones at a fair price.

I am still about 12# from my goal weight. Spent the winter in Arizona for the first time last year and things were not good on the eating front. Too many people having us over for dinners and of course going out to restaurants a bit too often! I gained 10 and since then i've lost 1 # of it, so still want to lose 11 # more. I am walking more often now, sometimes 3 miles a day. usually 1 to 2 miles tho.

We are going to be in AZ next winter also, but living on our own, (not w/MIL and her husband--so eating will be much healthier at our place). The fruits and veggies down there are always fresh and reasonable, so i should be able to keep a good lifestyle. Especially if i want it bad enough, right chicks??

~~DIPS~~the yoga and pilates sounds very interesting. I have heard that you feel it later w/the pilates. YGG!! Proud of you.

~~APPLEBLOSSOM~~i may have met you a long time back on 3fc? Seems familiar! :)

Well, nice to meet all of you ~~KINA~~AngieME~~ and i hope to be back soon.

:wave: thinlizzie

Dips'n'twists
08-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Hey Lizzie,

Nice to see someone posting on this thread again. Good for you on cutting back on carbs. I know it's a hard thing to do. And I know vacations can be a killer also. But 12 pounds is a lot closer than most to a goal. I'm about 15-20 pounds from where I want to be. I'm just excersising religiously and eating right. I count my calories and watch my fat intake. I'm doing pretty good so far although I think it will be about another week or so before I notice any major results. We'll see, but in the mean time, I'm gonna give it my all.

thinlizzie
08-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Hello again
Want to bump us up on these boards and just let you know i'm still here. Been away while it's been so humid. We stayed at our trailer that is on a lake and swam as much as we could to cool off. Now the storms are moving thru but on the good side this is supposed to rid us of the humidity.

How is the weather in Italy, Dips?? I heard it was above normal heat in that vicinity. Do take care.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow(just doing this on my own now-- i had lost 40# by attending Weight Watchers). I try not to weigh in more than once a week or even two weeks. Right now my clothes are feeling a bit looser, so i think it would be a good thing to weigh in now.

need to get off these last 12# and KEEP THEM OFF!! HELP~~ :lol:
I hope to hear from more of you again!

:wave: thinlizzie