Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #1  
Pantless

S/C/G: 205/185/170

Height: 5"4'

Default More Advice please?!

Hello! I've made a few posts before about my daily workouts and I noticed I was missing CADIO. So I wanted to ask you all on a few things about it and food.

Right now I walk/jog for 30 mins Mon-Fri and have the weekends off
I was wondering if this would be good? Should I keep making it longer as I get more used to it?
This will help me lose weight right?

Also should I keep doing my workouts? I mainly want to lose my stomach, so I should prob keep doing crunches ect..

And as for food..it's really hard for me to eat super healthy, but I do what I can..and I was wondering..as long as I eat below my calorie intake ( which is like.. 1647) I should be okay, right?

Any advice would help me out a bunch! Thanks!
Torii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

For weight loss it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you create a calorie deficit. I've lived this truth many times. That said, healthy foods with lots of bulk and fibre tend to fill you up a lot more than calorie-dense fast foods, so most people find it EASIER (and that's the whole idea, right?) to stick to a weight loss program that revolves mainly around nutritious fare. For me, the 80/20 rule works just fine: about 80% healthy and 20% whatever. (My whatever doesn't include fast foods, because I don't enjoy them. I lean more toward indulgences like fresh baguette and Brie cheese, crepes with Nutella, etc.)

There is no way to "spot reduce" your fat. Your body will drop its fat in a sequence that's unique to you and cannot be altered. If you tend to gain most of your weight in the hips, that's where you'll drop it first, no matter what exercise you do. The only thing abdominal exercises will do is tone up the muscles underneath the fat. These muscles will likely become visible only after you've reached your goal weight.

HTH Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote