Weight Loss Support - <<Getting to 160>>

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : <<Getting to 160>>

NorthernChick13
05-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone!

There are so many of us heading out of the 170's and into the 160's! Everyone is welcome to join us as we march onward to 160!

Good luck, everyone!

hhm6
05-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Ahhhhh I need this thread to be my future home!! C'mon scale work with me!!

Underwater
05-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Maybe tomorrow? maybe???

Jennifer1966
05-21-2013, 07:04 AM
I better be here by Thursday!!

Tuscany
05-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I hope to join you soon...but it will likely be another week to 10 days before I'm out of these darn 170's. Save me a seat!

dehtripper
05-21-2013, 10:02 AM
I think I'm below 170 enough to confidently join in here :) My post-conference weight this weekend was 167.6lb. I'll be back on schedule for my weekly WI in tomorrow and hope to have stop the slight upwards trend from my week away but I'm bracing for not much change or a little increase. I can't friggen wait to be in the 150's!!!

Underwater
05-21-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm here! For real! 169.0 today and no crazy eating plans for the next 2 weeks, so I should be able to stick around.

165 is my goal. It was actually 175 a long time ago, but I decided I want to lose 100 lbs, so here I am. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to try to make to 155, which is normal BMI for my height. I guess ideally I make it there eventually and maintain around 150-155. But for now, I'm just focused on my goal- 165- 100 lbs lost.

When I get there, I'm getting my wedding rings resized (I haven't' been able to wear them in months!) and I'm buying a new ring to wear on my right hand to celebrate my accomplishment! Also, I start the 6 month countdown to when I can consider my skin surgery. Next summer I WILL be bikini ready!

tehshort1
05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Woot! I finally made it here!

comeasyouare
05-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Hoping I pass through the 160's and will be getting to the 150's soon!

Underwater
05-22-2013, 01:56 AM
I just saw myself in the background of a picture someone posted on Facebook and I don't look terrible! I think this is a first!

dehtripper
05-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Underwater - that is AWESOME. What a great feeling :)

I must have been in cahoots with the whoosh fairy in former life or something because I lost 3.6lbs this week, post-conferene binge. With the marginal gain last week it really just averages to 1.4/week which is totally normal but I'm so happy to not be inching back towards the 170s. Now to keep it moving the right way...

Underwater
05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
haha dehtripper I know what you mean. As soon as I reach a new decade I want to be a far away from the last as I can. Then once I break the half way point, I can't wait to be in the next decade!

NorthernChick13
05-23-2013, 11:24 AM
I feel the same way, dehtripper and Underwater!!!

This morning i was 170.7, which is awesome because I know if i had woken up and waited around before running out the door, I would have been still at my weigh in from Sunday. I always lose a lb from just...waking up, post-pee. It's odd!

I hope you guys have a great day on plan!!!

Underwater
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
I guess I got rid of the final sodium weight from the weekend! 167.2 today! I'm a little bit suspicious that I'll see a gain tomorrow because as consistent as I am at losing weight on this diet, I think that's a little much. But I am feeling good and won't be upset if I see 168 tomorrow as that's what I was expecting today.

Either way, I'm about 3 lbs from goal. I'm going to a jewelry store and getting my finger sized for my 100 lbs lost reward ring!

amandie
05-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I think I'll join this thread! I really need to get my motivational mojo going on!

I am 167 today. I drank a lot over the weekend and did a bit of crazy late-night eating for the last 2 days. TOM is coming up so I think that's why I've been eating a little crazy. I don't know but I really need to buckle down to get my eating under control and keep up with the workouts if I wanna make my goal of 159 or under by 4th of July.

Underwater
05-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Amandie! I recognize your cats from my Victoria's Secret thread! Welcome! We are both 167!

NorthernChick13
05-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Way to go, Amandie and Underwater! Underwater, I'm so glad it was that sodium beast after all! Remember that next time! Good for you for staying strong even when the scale made you want to go batty!!!!

What kind of ring are you thinking, Underwater?? :D Can't wait for pics!

NorthernChick13
05-23-2013, 11:55 PM
ughhhhh I feel wierd on workout days! I know I get 400 extra calories and I just use them on junk! Tonight, I had staff meeting treats at school, plus a grilled cheese AND buttered toast! I was really feelin the bread!

I stayed in calorie range perfectly, but I need to just...I don't know. Maybe I don't need to do anything!? I find I judge my food choices so harshly but hey, if the lbs are coming off, maybe I need to ease up on myself!

rubidoux
05-24-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm gonna join you guys! I was at 165.4, I think, up until a few days ago and then I ate a bunch of crap over a couple of days. :( This morning I was 169.2. But I'm newly committed!

NC, I think some comfort food is fine if you're sticking to your limits.

Underwater, It must be so cool to be so close to goal!!! I can't wait to see you do it!

amandie
05-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Underwater! So close to goal! That is awesome. Can't wait to see pics of your 100lb lost reward ring!

Aw, Northernchick- I don't really deserve the WTG because last week I was 164.4 and after indulging myself last weekend and over the couple days, I got back up to 167. :crossed: for it being mostly water weight! :) I definitely think you need to ease up on yourself! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Rubidoux- Gah, I did the same thing! I drank and ate a bunch of crap over the weekend plus the last few nights (TOM is coming up) and now I am 167-168 from last week's 164. Let's get back there and beyond! We can do this. :)

SeattleNP
05-24-2013, 01:55 AM
168 today! I feel the 150's calling my name! Congrats to all, it feels so good crossing over :)

hhm6
05-24-2013, 04:05 AM
I can't wait to be in this thread!!! Please visit me whoosh fairy!!!

Btw NorthernChick saw this and thought of you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=l06spAoJjQQ

dehtripper
05-24-2013, 09:18 AM
^hahahahahhaah thats a great video. Hopefully I'll soon be back to the weight I was when I rocked out to BSB on the discman.

Yay look at all these people joining us :) Commmmmon 150's, haha.

I know I lost another solid 1oz yesterday since I cut a couple more dreads off and now officially have a dread-hawk. Its been 8 years with this hair and this is the first time I've been comfortable enough with myself not to feel I need them to hide behind. Also - found an old t-shirt from high school andddd it fits :)

glitterhairdye
05-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Finally starting to drop some weight! This has taken forever. I was at 161.4 this morning after weeks of being around 162.8-164.4. This is taking me forever :(

NorthernChick13
05-24-2013, 10:16 AM
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH hhm6, BEST WAY TO START MY DAY!

I love those boys! THANK YOU!!!!! A new song came out this week, just in time for summer! Check it out!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BruEqHpQRgY

rubidoux
05-24-2013, 12:11 PM
dehtripper, you're really rock in' it! 164!!!

I'm starting to recover from my slip up, was at 167.4 this morning. I am also insanely sore from my first Zumba class that I did wed night. I thought my legs were really getting strong from all the hills that I was walking, but that has never made me hurt like this. Anyway I'm hoping that the sore muscles are holding onto a bit of water. Anyone know how long that effect lasts?

hhm6
05-24-2013, 12:33 PM
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH hhm6, BEST WAY TO START MY DAY!

I love those boys! THANK YOU!!!!! A new song came out this week, just in time for summer! Check it out!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BruEqHpQRgY

hahaha no prob!! And that song is going on my workout playlist!! I'm getting so tired of my music!!

I was 169.5 today, so does that count to be in this thread?!!! I'm so scared to be on this cusp!! I hope I don't start flopping around the 170s again!! Any advice on how to eat on a road trip? I'm road tripping to SF and won't get any solid exercise in and my fam is packing all kinds of junk!! Pack my own lunches maybe?

dehtripper
05-24-2013, 02:40 PM
169.5 totally counts!!! As for the road trip - I would definitely pack my own lunch and snacks. It saves for those momentary lapses in judgement fuelled by hungry-hot-stuffy-car-ride-head.

Oh, and I'm definitely pumping some self-titled Backstreet in my office to get through the 3:00pm slump. Woooohoooo.

I'm rostered in a derby bout tomorrow...which means on one hand that I will be sweating it out on the track for longer than a normal weekend, but on the other hand we have season-opening after party. Hopefully the two will balance each other out.

Underwater
05-24-2013, 03:22 PM
hahaha no prob!! And that song is going on my workout playlist!! I'm getting so tired of my music!!

I was 169.5 today, so does that count to be in this thread?!!! I'm so scared to be on this cusp!! I hope I don't start flopping around the 170s again!! Any advice on how to eat on a road trip? I'm road tripping to SF and won't get any solid exercise in and my fam is packing all kinds of junk!! Pack my own lunches maybe?

Totally counts!!!

Have fun in SF! I live in Silicon Valley about 45 min south. I would pack lots of high protein and fiber snacks and make a commitment to stick to your plan. Come back and let us know how it's going. And I hope you're not a LA Kings fan. It's a rough weekend to up here as a Kings fan ;)

hhm6
05-24-2013, 03:47 PM
169.5 totally counts!!! As for the road trip - I would definitely pack my own lunch and snacks. It saves for those momentary lapses in judgement fuelled by hungry-hot-stuffy-car-ride-head.

Oh, and I'm definitely pumping some self-titled Backstreet in my office to get through the 3:00pm slump. Woooohoooo.

I'm rostered in a derby bout tomorrow...which means on one hand that I will be sweating it out on the track for longer than a normal weekend, but on the other hand we have season-opening after party. Hopefully the two will balance each other out.

Oh man, it seems like those two could def cancel each other out! NorthernChick has managed to get me hooked on BSB again!! lol I've been listening to them on youtube all morning!

Totally counts!!!

Have fun in SF! I live in Silicon Valley about 45 min south. I would pack lots of high protein and fiber snacks and make a commitment to stick to your plan. Come back and let us know how it's going. And I hope you're not a LA Kings fan. It's a rough weekend to up here as a Kings fan ;)

Thanks Underwater! hahahaha not a Kings Fan so no worries :-) My sister goes to state so we're moving her out, maybe I can count that as lifting? lol

I'm just praying it sticks around! 170s have not been good to me so I need to be really careful! I'm going to pack right now so I don't have any excuses on the road!

glitterhairdye
05-25-2013, 09:20 AM
160.6 this morning! I think this is the lowest that I've seen. Maybe I'll be gone soon?!

NorthernChick13
05-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Oh my god, glitterhairdye, THAT'S AMAZING! We'll be sad to see you go, but also CRAZY pumped for you!!!!!

Keep us posted!!!

I saw 168.9 this morning, so I am starting to dig my heels into the 160's! Yes!

glitterhairdye
05-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks, NorthernChick! I was at 161.4 this morning, but that's okay. I'm still on the low end. I also had popcorn last night and that's salty. Maybe this week though :) Great job on your loss. It looks like you're with us in the 160's for now! No more 170s for you!!

rubidoux
05-26-2013, 06:00 PM
160.6 this morning! I think this is the lowest that I've seen. Maybe I'll be gone soon?!

You're so close! I always pop up a little after a new low.

I was at 165.2 this morning, which is .2 pounds below my previous low. So, I'm totally recovered from my cheat.

I'm killing myself not to cheat again this weekend, though. Yesterday we had a big pizza thing at a restaurant on the beach and the pizza looked so good, but I got an insanely expensive and fairly boring salad with a piece of chicken on it and didn't slip up. Today we're going to a bbq, where there should be plenty of low carb options (salmon, hot dogs, chicken) but I have been feeling really hungry today. I hope I have it in me! Then tomorrow we're going to a pool party and I have no idea what kind of food she'll have. If I make it through all of this on plan, I'll be shocked.

nonamortica
05-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Can I join in? I was at 164.4 this am. I weigh every Sunday morning. Last week I was 164.8. I did indulge a little last week, as Monday was my 60th birthday, so I'm happy with the 0.4 lb loss.

I have a dance conference on July 5, 6 and 7 and would really love to have broken 160 before then.

Underwater
05-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Hope everyone is having a great memorial day weekend! Mine will be a winner if the Sharks win today :)

Had a good weigh in this morning but I'm not making it official as I slept in and weighed 2 hours late. Tomorrow I'm setting my alarm to weigh hahaha :)

hhm6
05-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Hey guys!!

So my weight has been all over the place this weekend! But I'm pretty sure I'm back in the 170s (172lbs) but!!! My sister brought her digital scale home (i use a non digital scale usually) and on her scale I'm 172 on mine I'm 169. I feel inclined to believe I'm 172 since I ate badly yesterday.

I literally ate fine on my road trip to SF and totally ruined everything on the way...what the heck!!! I thought after 30lbs I would have learned to eat better by now :( back to the grind this week, so disappointed!

Hope everyone is having a good MDW!

NorthernChick13
05-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Me too hmm6!! Remember- it's all feedback! Just stay on plan this week and you'll feel amazing about your progress again!!! I saw 171.1 this morning but we are NOT LEAVING! :P

Jennifer1966
05-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I just wanted to say hi to everyone on this thread! I was back up to 171.2 today because I've had a bad eating and drinking weekend, but I am hitting it hard from today on! I will be here with you guys in the next couple of days! Save me a spot ;)

Underwater
05-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Well guys, I made it... to goal! I know I had a very generous goal, but 100 lbs ago, I couldn't imagine 199, let alone 165.

I am sticking with my eating plan for another 4 weeks I think. I am not focused on any expectations, just seeing if I can keep losing, and then June 26th I am transitioning to a less strict eating plan. I will likely slow to maintenance at that point.

Now I am counting down to my skin surgery. I know I won't be happy with the way I look until I get rid of it. It's beyond the point of "well maybe it will shrink up." I am targeting next winter to give me 6 months after goal to make sure I can maintain. I am going away for Thanksgiving so Dec/Jan/Feb would be good timing to make sure I'm completely recovered and able to walk all day in Europe next June.

NorthernChick13
05-27-2013, 07:37 PM
:congrat::strong: Congratulations!!!! For once, I am not dying to say "PICS!" as your amazing work photo shows us your transformation!

I am so so so so so happy for you and look forward to reading about your maintenance! I am sure you will hear this many times in the coming weeks, months, days, ..but I am proud of you. You inspire me and thank you for sharing your story with me.

NOW GO PUT ON SOME LULULEMON AND STRUT!!

Underwater
05-27-2013, 07:51 PM
:congrat::strong: Congratulations!!!! For once, I am not dying to say "PICS!" as your amazing work photo shows us your transformation!

I am so so so so so happy for you and look forward to reading about your maintenance! I am sure you will hear this many times in the coming weeks, months, days, ..but I am proud of you. You inspire me and thank you for sharing your story with me.

NOW GO PUT ON SOME LULULEMON AND STRUT!!

LOL thanks Northern! The funny thing is that with all the clothes I've had to buy in the past few months, I can't afford Lululemon now that I can probably fit into it. Not that I mind too much. I'm so thrilled to make it to 100 lbs I don't even blink and the money I've had to spend to get here!

hhm6
05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
LOL thanks Northern! The funny thing is that with all the clothes I've had to buy in the past few months, I can't afford Lululemon now that I can probably fit into it. Not that I mind too much. I'm so thrilled to make it to 100 lbs I don't even blink and the money I've had to spend to get here!

Underwater CONGRATS LADY!!!!! You have been so inspirational to me on these boards!! I'm so happy for you and so excited! I can't wait until I'm at that pt!

I was at 171.5 today but I'm getting back down to 169 asap! What wrong with me this month?!! Weight loss has stalled and my momentum too, bad combo, but I'm coming back!!

nonamortica
05-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Well guys, I made it... to goal! I know I had a very generous goal, but 100 lbs ago, I couldn't imagine 199, let alone 165.

Congratulations!!!

Jennifer1966
05-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Way to go,underwater! That is fantastic!!

I was at 169.8 this morning, so I'm finally in the 160s! I really hope they don't stick around as long as the 170s!

NorthernChick13
05-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Yes yes yes, Jennifer! WELCOME!!

I saw 170.4 this morning, which makes me happy. If I didn't have to leave for work, I know sitting around would have dropped me into the 160's! The salt is slowly leavin' me!

glitterhairdye
05-28-2013, 10:36 AM

I am sticking with my eating plan for another 4 weeks I think. I am not focused on any expectations, just seeing if I can keep losing, and then June 26th I am transitioning to a less strict eating plan. I will likely slow to maintenance at that point.

Now I am counting down to my skin surgery. I know I won't be happy with the way I look until I get rid of it. It's beyond the point of "well maybe it will shrink up." I am targeting next winter to give me 6 months after goal to make sure I can maintain. I am going away for Thanksgiving so Dec/Jan/Feb would be good timing to make sure I'm completely recovered and able to walk all day in Europe next June.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's amazing and I'm so happy for you. Go write up a goal report and give yourself a good pat on the back.

BTW - I weighed in at 159.6 this morning and that was after eating a bunch the night before so I am GONE!! It took 3 months or so to lose 8 pounds, but finally. It's gone forever :)

Angelic Fruitcake
05-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me joining you all since the 170 thread is a bit dead! I was 170.8 this morning so I figure I'm close enough :) I'm not even in the 160s yet and I already want to get out of them! ;)

dehtripper
05-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Underwater - YEAAAAAAAAAAAA! Well done and congrats!!!!!!!

hhm6
05-28-2013, 03:05 PM
No no no no nooooo!!! Weiighed in at 173.5 today!! :-( what is happening! I don't get it...I'm going go get my rage out on the treadmil today but what the heck!! Haven't eaten anything carb heavy yesterday or salty to retain water but my weight is going up! That's a two lbs gain!

It's official the 170s hate me.

GordonGirl16
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
I have been fluctuating between 162 and 159 for several months now... A year and a half ago I weighed about 145 and this is currently my highest weight ever :( I play field hockey in the fall, and my coach emailed us a diet to follow, which is almost all carbs! I don't know how I'm going to get out of the 160s following this, but hopefully all the workouts will make up for it I guess.

rubidoux
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Great to see you here Jennifer and Angelic Fruitcake! And Underwater!!! Holy cow! I'm so happy for you!

I went to three different food filled social gatherings this weekend and stayed on plan through all even though I wanted to eat really bad and then was up over a pound this morning to 166.6. I swear that sometimes I gain wait just by wanting bad food. Today I'm gonna put in a solid IF day, no food till 6:30 or so and hope to undo whatever was done over the weekend.

But cripes, I'm kinda hungry. :(

rubidoux
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
No no no no nooooo!!! Weiighed in at 173.5 today!! :-( what is happening! I don't get it...I'm going go get my rage out on the treadmil today but what the heck!! Haven't eaten anything carb heavy yesterday or salty to retain water but my weight is going up! That's a two lbs gain!

It's official the 170s hate me.

Oh man, I'm sorry! Could it be time for your period? Is this your own scale or sisters? I'd stick to yours as long as its consistent.

GG, I don't think I could stick to a diet that was someone else's idea and not what I think will be/work best for me. It sounds a little out dated.

EmLay
05-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Hey all! Weighed in at 169.5 this morning, so here I am! Thrilled to be joining you all on our journeys down down down!

Underwater
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
It's funny because 165 was my goal but I am dying to get as far away from it (down) as I can. I have 4 weeks left on my diet starting tomorrow, so I would love to lose another 8 if I can :)

dehtripper
05-29-2013, 07:27 AM
Congrats EmLay!

Uggggg, i somehow went up nearly 2 lbs this week. Having played a full derby game plus an extra 1.5h practice and didn't even eat all of my gained activity points (let alone touch my weeklies) so really don't see how this I could be in such an excess. I'm just gonna keep chugging away this week and hopefully get a great number next week. Sigh. :)

Angelic Fruitcake
05-29-2013, 08:25 AM
I was 170.0 this morning! So close to the 160s I can taste it! It's really motivating me to be extra good today so I can be there tomorrow!

Jennifer1966
05-29-2013, 08:40 AM
I was up to 170.4 this morning, but I think I'll be back in the 160s tomorrow. I am super motivated too!

NorthernChick13
05-29-2013, 10:52 AM
We are all the Rulers of Fluctuation! We are all sticking with it and that shows how strong we are! After 3 days of 170's, I am back at 169. GOODBYE, SALT!!

Cheers to an amazing day, all!

rubidoux
05-29-2013, 01:01 PM
I am sadly not feeling that motivated today. I think I have strained my resistance muscle by staying on plan while I was so hungry these last few days. I am gonna do my damnedest to stay on plan today, though. And this afternoon I plan on walking on the beach.

I weighed in at 166.0, so .6 below yesterday and .6 above the day before. I want to see a new low for all this deprivation! lol

hhm6
05-29-2013, 03:14 PM
170.5 today thank you thank you thank you woosh fairy!!!

I hope it's here to stay! I'm going to be extra careful today too! Btw so happy to see the 170's faces popping up here! We are doing fabulous! :carrot:

Jennifer1966
05-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Yay, northern chick and hhm!

Rubidoux: Hope your day was good and you found your motivation!

I'm doing well today although I did eat a bag of baked Cheetos at lunch. I'm planning to eat a healthy dinner and take a 4 mile walk. I really want to stay in the 160s and stop going up into 170._!

hhm6
05-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Ok confession time, I have the strong urge to cheat for the past few days and I have been but it's totally in my range (I'm doing all protein this week and my cheat will be some candied peanuts/doritos) it's nothing like a binge but 2 or 3 bites here and there, but I know that adds up!! and over time it'll be a bad habit!

I don't know if I'm running out of fuel? Usually when I see a drop I'm really motivated but I'm in such a blehh mood. :( it needs to go away so I can't plant myself in the thread for real.

Ok rant over. If you ladies have some tips I would love to hear them :)

hhm6
05-30-2013, 02:57 AM
Yay, northern chick and hhm!

Rubidoux: Hope your day was good and you found your motivation!

I'm doing well today although I did eat a bag of baked Cheetos at lunch. I'm planning to eat a healthy dinner and take a 4 mile walk. I really want to stay in the 160s and stop going up into 170._!

You took the words out of my mouth Jennifer!!

My friend was telling me the 170s is an abusive spouse I keep going back to bc of my old habits (my snacking urge is insane these days!) lol scary analogy but I need to nix the snack habit so I can see the 160s!!

Jennifer1966
05-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Hhm: I have no great advice for you, but you and I are in the exact same place right now!

It's like I just want to snack constantly and it's got to stop!! I only lost 4.4 pounds the entire month of May! I am going to power through this and do much better in June! The 170s wii not defeat me--lol! I will be firmly in the 160s by next week. I am going to grocery today and buying a bunch of veggies and other healthy stuff, and I'm going to only eat what I buy! I know I can do this, I just have to get back in the right headspace!

I was 170 today. Hopefully 169._ tomorrow and never back to the 170s!!

hhm6
05-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Jennifer-I think my grocery shopping might be an issue too! I'm running low and when I don't have options everything goes out the window!!

I'm going to be really careful today was 171 so that's .5 up from yesterday (drives me insane!!) but im glad i'm still close to the 160s!! I think if we're careful this week we should be in the 160s very soon!!!

rubidoux
05-31-2013, 01:40 AM
I have miraculously managed to stay on plan even though I haven't exactly felt motivated and have felt HUNGRY. Sigh... I was down to 165.4 today, which is still a smudge above where I was about a week ago. But the scale has gone down each of the last couple of days, so I'd love to keep that going...

hhm6
05-31-2013, 01:51 AM
I have miraculously managed to stay on plan even though I haven't exactly felt motivated and have felt HUNGRY. Sigh... I was down to 165.4 today, which is still a smudge above where I was about a week ago. But the scale has gone down each of the last couple of days, so I'd love to keep that going...

Rubidoux!! You're still doing great though! I'm so tempted to start IF with this flip floppity thing I'm doing with the 170s!

Jennifer1966
05-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Argh, 170 again today...

rubidoux
05-31-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry, Jennifer, that's so frustrating! I hope you have a big whoosh soon. I know you already know this, but, just a reminder -- your patience will be rewarded and this can't be done w/o a heroic amount of patience. I think that has made the difference for me this time around. I used to get so upset and then cheat if I got stuck or had a little bounce up. But this time, for the most part, I've managed to put my head down and move forward. You are doing great!

Rubidoux!! You're still doing great though! I'm so tempted to start IF with this flip floppity thing I'm doing with the 170s!

I'll be excited if you try it! :D I feel like its a big wonderful secret.

So the scale did keep going down, almost a pound!!! And I have a new low, 164.2. And that is now officially 50 POUNDS!!! I seriously never thought I'd be able to get here. When I started out I was SO unhealthy and out of shape. And now I'm really not. I think my bmi is still 32, but my strength and stamina are billion times better and I have no heartburn and my blood sugar is awesome and my insulin use has gone from 80 to 100 units/day to under 20. I want to be thinner, but whatever happens after this is really icing on the cake. :D

hhm6
05-31-2013, 07:45 PM
OK THAT'S IT.

I'm doing IF starting tomorrow, or can I start today?! I was 171 today so up from yesterday. I don't know if I'm having some water issues or something but this is just ridiculous now.

Rubidoux-is there an easy way to ease into IF? I've been reading about it and it says 24 hr fasts am I supposed to have a day where I eat whatever before the fast day?!

I'll PM with more questions if that's ok! I'm just so sad I only lost 4lbs this month :( very happy it's a loss opposed to not losing anything but it would have been nice to see a big whoosh =(

hhm6
05-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Argh, 170 again today...

Jennifer I was 171 today! :mad: I didn't cheat at all yesterday, stayed on plan, worked out, so it has to be something else. I'm going to start IF or something different. Either I'm eating at maintenance and not having a deficit or I'm holding onto a lot of water (I dont think this is the case though!)

The 170s have NOT been good to me! But on a positive note, we are so so close!!!

hhm6
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry, Jennifer, that's so frustrating! I hope you have a big whoosh soon. I know you already know this, but, just a reminder -- your patience will be rewarded and this can't be done w/o a heroic amount of patience. I think that has made the difference for me this time around. I used to get so upset and then cheat if I got stuck or had a little bounce up. But this time, for the most part, I've managed to put my head down and move forward. You are doing great!

I'll be excited if you try it! :D I feel like its a big wonderful secret.

So the scale did keep going down, almost a pound!!! And I have a new low, 164.2. And that is now officially 50 POUNDS!!! I seriously never thought I'd be able to get here. When I started out I was SO unhealthy and out of shape. And now I'm really not. I think my bmi is still 32, but my strength and stamina are billion times better and I have no heartburn and my blood sugar is awesome and my insulin use has gone from 80 to 100 units/day to under 20. I want to be thinner, but whatever happens after this is really icing on the cake. :D

You are my inspiration on here!!!! I can't wait until I'm at the pt!! :carrot:

rubidoux
06-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Aww, I'm at a pretty nice jag in my journey right now, but I promise you that I have had crappy spots, too. I actually looked up my weight log today to see my loss for the last month and it was 8 pounds for the month, but only like 1.5 of it was in the last two weeks. But I did have that big loss w the long fast I did.

If you want to try IF, I'd make sure you allow yourself plenty of fat. I don't know much about Dukan. But fat should keep you from feeling too hungry. When I started fasting, I didn't go a full 24 hours. I started by using a six-ish hour window, so I'd have my first meal (usually between 4 and 6 slices of bacon -- you wouldn't believe how long this keeps you full!) around 1:30 or 2 pm and then dinner (used to always have two fatty hamburger patties and two slices of cheddar w mustard) at around 6:30 or 7. That would give you 17 hours of fasting. Eventually I started skipping that earlier meal and would just eat one meal in the evening (I normally had two burgers, two slices cheddar and two slices of bacon).

If I was you I'd see what happens w a 17 hour fast (or if it feels hard, maybe start w 15 or 14). Also, if you take the plunge and go high fat (I swear this is great for weight loss!), once you're used to IF'ing, you can pull back on that a little and rely more on veg. Lately I have been eating twice, usually a couple of salmon burgers and 1/2 or whole avocado, depending on how hungry I am around 6:30 and then 1.5 ounces of cheese and a couple small wedges of dark choc around 9:30. Sometimes I skip the cheese and choc.

Just remember, hunger is nothing to fear. I used to be afraid that my hunger would drive me to binge, but I don't think any of my binges since I started IF'ing were caused by hunger getting out of control. And I e had very few off plan/binge episodes. Hunger really doesn't build and get worse. You will feel hunger and then 20 min later it'll probably be gone. (I do think I had a fit of hunger that lasted for like an hour the first time I skipped that first meal and went for 24 hours.). And if and when the hunger comes back, it's just the same normal hunger, it's not like it quadruples in strength or anything. And it's like building a muscle. At first your hunger will just come and go but then eventually you will get stronger and find that many days you don't feel hunger at all. When I feel hunger now, it surprises me.

Hopefully it'll feel great the first time you try it, but it could take a few tries. Good luck if you take the plunge tomorrow!

Jennifer1966
06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Ok, I am so tired of weighing between 169._ and 171 that I'm getting desperate! It's almost been 4 weeks!! I have decided to cut out bread for a week and see if I can jump start myself out of this plateau. If I don't see a downward trend in the next few days, I'm just going to give up something else every few days. I'm hoping bread works!!

nonamortica
06-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Well, I had a little bit of success here. I weigh on Sunday mornings. Down to 162.8.

BTW I agree with Rubidoux. Fat is your friend. Sometimes. Great appetite suppressant.

rubidoux
06-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Ok, I am so tired of weighing between 169._ and 171 that I'm getting desperate! It's almost been 4 weeks!! I have decided to cut out bread for a week and see if I can jump start myself out of this plateau. If I don't see a downward trend in the next few days, I'm just going to give up something else every few days. I'm hoping bread works!!

I bet the bread will get you there. I love bread (like LOVE) but I think it's probably a pretty major part of my problems. My dh has never been all about the bread like I was, but he lost about 50 pounds slowly and then got stuck there for like two years and has now lost another 20 pounds since going gluten free a few months ago. He's basically normal-weighted now.

Nonamortica, You're getting so close to the 150s! Not very long ago 150s sounded so impossible to me...

I had a little bump up this morning to 164 point something. I only slept four hours last night, so I can't hardly remember my bleary eyed weigh-in this morning.

NorthernChick13
06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Hey guys! I think I strayed from the thread for a few days because I was FRUSTRATED! 168.9...EXACTLY the same as last week! It's so strange, eh? I wonder if my calories were too low...1200 a day, and eating back workout cals. Hmmm.... Well, I am not gaining...and that is KEY! I'll keep plugging! So glad we're in this together!!

Underwater
06-03-2013, 02:33 PM
OH YEAH! Ate out last night but made good choices and saw a loss on the scale today!

Restaurant sodium weight? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Underwater
06-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey guys! I think I strayed from the thread for a few days because I was FRUSTRATED! 168.9...EXACTLY the same as last week! It's so strange, eh? I wonder if my calories were too low...1200 a day, and eating back workout cals. Hmmm.... Well, I am not gaining...and that is KEY! I'll keep plugging! So glad we're in this together!!

Northern, I know how frustrating those maintaining weeks can be, but like you said, gotta be happy you didh't show a gain. Because just as we can have maintenance weeks, we can have gain weeks and those are the worst!

dehtripper
06-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Restaurant sodium weight? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Hahahahahaha. Well played :D

I really want to see a bit of loss on the scale this week. I think my gain last week has made me extra hard on myself and any extras I've allowed myself this week. I've been really good the past few days but also have a party to go to tomorrow (night before weigh-in) that I really need to keep my head on straight.

rubidoux
06-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm still a little up from my low a few days ago. I haven't been able to work out at all for several days bc of various irritating circumstances and I'm not sure I'll be able to today, either. It's irritating when life gets in the way of this project! But I need to get used to that bc my younger is done w school on Wednesday and my older the following week and after that the stupid bar will be around the corner. I think right now I'm going to set as my goal that I'm going to weigh something under 160 the day after the bar. Last time I studied for the bar I gained 30 pounds!

Jennifer1966
06-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I was at 170.2 this morning, which means I'm down .8 pounds after 2 days of no bread. I'm really hoping it continues to go down, and I end this da#% plateau and get firmly in the 160s. (I also hope it does not take nearly as long to get out of the 160s!)

hhm6
06-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Aww, I'm at a pretty nice jag in my journey right now, but I promise you that I have had crappy spots, too. I actually looked up my weight log today to see my loss for the last month and it was 8 pounds for the month, but only like 1.5 of it was in the last two weeks. But I did have that big loss w the long fast I did.

If you want to try IF, I'd make sure you allow yourself plenty of fat. I don't know much about Dukan. But fat should keep you from feeling too hungry. When I started fasting, I didn't go a full 24 hours. I started by using a six-ish hour window, so I'd have my first meal (usually between 4 and 6 slices of bacon -- you wouldn't believe how long this keeps you full!) around 1:30 or 2 pm and then dinner (used to always have two fatty hamburger patties and two slices of cheddar w mustard) at around 6:30 or 7. That would give you 17 hours of fasting. Eventually I started skipping that earlier meal and would just eat one meal in the evening (I normally had two burgers, two slices cheddar and two slices of bacon).

If I was you I'd see what happens w a 17 hour fast (or if it feels hard, maybe start w 15 or 14). Also, if you take the plunge and go high fat (I swear this is great for weight loss!), once you're used to IF'ing, you can pull back on that a little and rely more on veg. Lately I have been eating twice, usually a couple of salmon burgers and 1/2 or whole avocado, depending on how hungry I am around 6:30 and then 1.5 ounces of cheese and a couple small wedges of dark choc around 9:30. Sometimes I skip the cheese and choc.

Just remember, hunger is nothing to fear. I used to be afraid that my hunger would drive me to binge, but I don't think any of my binges since I started IF'ing were caused by hunger getting out of control. And I e had very few off plan/binge episodes. Hunger really doesn't build and get worse. You will feel hunger and then 20 min later it'll probably be gone. (I do think I had a fit of hunger that lasted for like an hour the first time I skipped that first meal and went for 24 hours.). And if and when the hunger comes back, it's just the same normal hunger, it's not like it quadruples in strength or anything. And it's like building a muscle. At first your hunger will just come and go but then eventually you will get stronger and find that many days you don't feel hunger at all. When I feel hunger now, it surprises me.

Hopefully it'll feel great the first time you try it, but it could take a few tries. Good luck if you take the plunge tomorrow!

Rubidoux!! thank you! I'm going to start soon i think! I haven't gone grocery shopping yet! I don't know what's wrong with my weight today I was 175!!! which just can't be right, so I'm not letting it get to me, but i need to switch things up.

Also, I have started nibbling on foods i shouldn't be (pasta, bread---seriously who nibbles on pasta!!!!!) it's so frustrating!!

I might go get my blood work done just to make sure I'm not skyrocketing in my cholesterol again, if all is clear, IF it is!!

Jennifer1966
06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Everyone seems to be doing so well on this thread! I was at 169.8 this morning, which is the lowest I've seen this go around with weight loss, but the third time I've been there in the last few weeks. I'm really hoping I don't bounce back up! I never want to see the 170s again!!

Angelic Fruitcake
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I haven't been updating because I'm stuck at 171 right now. I binged yesterday for the first time in months and I'm injured and can't run so I'm a bit depressed. I want to do very well all week so I can see a loss next week.

GordonGirl16
06-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I've been stuck at 161 for about a month now. Admittedly, I haven't really been doing anything to try to lose weight. I have no motivation to do anything right now. *sigh* Hopefully I'll find something to motivate me to get back on track

rubidoux
06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Everyone seems to be doing so well on this thread! I was at 169.8 this morning, which is the lowest I've seen this go around with weight loss, but the third time I've been there in the last few weeks. I'm really hoping I don't bounce back up! I never want to see the 170s again!!

My fingers are crossed for you!

I haven't been updating because I'm stuck at 171 right now. I binged yesterday for the first time in months and I'm injured and can't run so I'm a bit depressed. I want to do very well all week so I can see a loss next week.

I think sometimes a binge can mix things up and get things moving... I hope!

I've been stuck at 161 for about a month now. Admittedly, I haven't really been doing anything to try to lose weight. I have no motivation to do anything right now. *sigh* Hopefully I'll find something to motivate me to get back on track

Do you have a plan? Are you the one (would take me forever to check on my phone) who's coach had a questionable diet plan for you? Do you think you're not following the plan w gusto bc you don't believe in it? What do you think would work well for you?

I am back down to 163.4. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make it to Zumba tonight, but I have a feeling that'll push me up a little from water. It just tears me up!

hhm6
06-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Angelic I could have wrote this! I'm stuck at 171.5 and did Insanity yesterday and injured myself (probably my form for sure) but I'm a little down with my weight loss being so slow! Anything you're doing to change it up? I want to binge so badly!!! I feel like I never have these urges!

NorthernChick13
06-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the support, Underwater! I appreciate it!!!

And it appears there's a lot of us maintaining for now! I remember the 180's were like this too. I was 191-188 for like 3 weeks, but then BOOM! 5 lbs drop! Hahaha let's hope history repeats itself!

tehshort1
06-04-2013, 10:02 PM
I've noticed a pattern in my loss. 180-175 BAM! Gone! 175-170 SUPER SLOW. 170-165 BAM! Gone! Now I'm at 163 and it.will.not.go.down. >.< This week I have added 30 Day Shred to my regimen so I'm curious to see if it helps (cardio) or hurts (abs and strength). Guess I'll find out Thursday...

dehtripper
06-05-2013, 07:58 AM
I was pretty well behaved last night at a grad student dinner party (though I tried hushpuppies and kind cake for the first time) and thankfully the scale reflected that - lost what I gained last week and then some. I'm down to 162.6, which brings me to a total loss of 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty excited but I don't think its really sunk in how much it really is.

Also, I took my measurements for the first time in a while and have a total of 30.8 inches since I started, nearly all from my torso.

Now to get out of the 160's. Google tells me the average weight for women my height in Canada is about 153. This is one area of my life I'm really excited to just be average.

Jennifer1966
06-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Dehtripper: All I can say is wow!! Very, very impressive! You will be *average* in no time! By the way, what is kind cake?

I was at 169.6, which is my second day officially in the 160s! I am determined to both never see the 170s again and get out of the 160s speedily. I really felt like I was in the 170s forever and can't go through that again! I am setting an ambitious goal of losing 1.5-2 pounds a week!

dehtripper
06-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Whoops, haha I meant King cake not kind. It was a 3-month late mardi gras dinner. And thanks for the wow :)

Also - congrats to you for entering the 160's!! I hope the 170's stay in the rearview mirror.

Angelic Fruitcake
06-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Angelic I could have wrote this! I'm stuck at 171.5 and did Insanity yesterday and injured myself (probably my form for sure) but I'm a little down with my weight loss being so slow! Anything you're doing to change it up? I want to binge so badly!!! I feel like I never have these urges!

I always see a loss when I stay 100% on plan so that's why I'm trying to do. I'm hoping to heal quickly so I can start running again.

I'm also trying not to weigh myself until Monday. Sometimes when I see a good loss during the week, I tend to be more lax with my diet on the weekend so I'll try to just avoid the scale until my official weigh-in.

GordonGirl16
06-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Do you have a plan? Are you the one (would take me forever to check on my phone) who's coach had a questionable diet plan for you? Do you think you're not following the plan w gusto bc you don't believe in it? What do you think would work well for you?

Yes, that's me. For my sport this fall I need to be building muscle more than losing weight, so the theory behind the high-carb diet is that we will have all the energy we need from carbs, and the small amount of protein we eat can go straight to building muscle. It's not that I'm not willing to follow the plan more closely, it's more that I just haven't really had the motivation to. Also, I am a college student who is back at home for the summer, so it's more difficult to eat all the foods my coach wants us to be eating. I don't want my parents to be spending extra money just on food for me. I haven't been eating awful lately, just not eating to lose weight or gain muscle. I am hoping that just exercising will help me gain a lot of muscle and lose some fat.

Suds14
06-05-2013, 12:47 PM
tehshort1, "I've noticed a pattern in my loss. 180-175 BAM! Gone! 175-170 SUPER SLOW. " <----- this is totally how i feel. I can't for the life of me get to 169. The past two weeks have been 175.6 AND 175.4. I know I need to Track every little thing I eat and bump up the exercise. But your post here gave me such hope that perhaps after I get over this 175-170 hump, there will be movement. Here's hoping anyway!! Hope to join you all on this thread someday very soon!

NorthernChick13
06-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Congrats, dehtripper! Haha looks like the cake was KIND to you after all! Tee hee!

I saw 169.1 this morning, but that was just a rush-to-work weigh in. On the weekends when i wait around, I usually drop another pound or two. Last week, my mid-week weigh ins were all 171, 170 etc, so maybe I am finally losing again?!?

Suds, I HEAR YOU! I have certain pounds that seem to melt off and then others move like cold molasses going uphill on a winter's day!

Jennifer1966
06-05-2013, 01:42 PM
NorthernChick: "cold molasses going uphill on a winter's day" describes the 170s on me exactly! Here's to the 160s moving much quicker!

rubidoux
06-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Dehtripper, woo hoo!!! Awesome! When I hit 50 a few days ago I smiled for two days straight. Nice job!!!

And Jennifer, I think you have crossed over! Woot!

hhm6
06-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Ok tomorrow I'm officially getting back on the weight loss wagon!!

I had a binge today, felt sick enough to not want to do it in a while and I think I've given myself enough time to have a pity party, time to suck it up and get out of the 170s!!! I was 173 today and felt so depressed, I could feel it too which was awful, but I'm done.

GET IT TOGETHER HHM6!!!!

Hope to be an "official" member soon!

And rubidoux-my binge today was from attempting to fast, might stick with Dukan until I can fast for more than 3 hrs lol (awful I know!!)

Underwater
06-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Congrats dehtripper! Aren't big milestones the best? If you have access to a gym, go try to pick up a 50 lb weight plate and imagine walking around with that all day every day.

I'm almost out of here, although I'll probably stick around for fun if you guys don't mind. I was 160.8 this morning and will hopefully be under 160 for my official weigh in on Monday :)

Jennifer1966
06-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Underwater: That's great! You are doing so well. Of course you should stick around.

I was at 169.4 this morning, so it's slowly going down!

NorthernChick13
06-06-2013, 08:33 PM
I was at 169.4 this morning too, Jennifer! Let's battle cry over a hill...maybe like the epic battle scene in Lord of the Rings 2?

Glad to see you are moving!!

dehtripper
06-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Congrats dehtripper! Aren't big milestones the best? If you have access to a gym, go try to pick up a 50 lb weight plate and imagine walking around with that all day every day.

Haha i like that idea I think I might just do that. I tried to grab three 10lb bags of potatoes when I hit 30 but weights are so much more compact.

rubidoux
06-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Ok tomorrow I'm officially getting back on the weight loss wagon!!

I had a binge today, felt sick enough to not want to do it in a while and I think I've given myself enough time to have a pity party, time to suck it up and get out of the 170s!!! I was 173 today and felt so depressed, I could feel it too which was awful, but I'm done.

GET IT TOGETHER HHM6!!!!

Hope to be an "official" member soon!

And rubidoux-my binge today was from attempting to fast, might stick with Dukan until I can fast for more than 3 hrs lol (awful I know!!)

Aww, I'm sorry you're stuck. How long did you fast before it went all bad? For me fasting was a natural progression from eating high fat, like I was eating a really high fat diet and realized that I just didn't need to eat very often and at first went more off just eating when hungry rather than trying to only eat at particular times, yk? So I didn't have that head trip of "you can't eat now!" which I would think could do one in. Even when I've done my longer fasts, it's been more like I realize near dinner time that I'm just not that hungry so I don't eat. It's not like I wake up in the morning thinking I'm not going to eat until tomorrow. I think that would be really hard. But like I've said before, I can't imagine doing this without eating a very high proportion of fat.

Anyway, if Dukan has worked for you up till now, I think that's a good idea and will get you back in the game.

I'm at 163.2, which is technically a new low for me, but since I've been at 164.4 for 7 days (w some irritating little bumps up, of course), it's not very satisfying. I'm ready to move...

Jennifer1966
06-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I was at 169.4 this morning too, Jennifer! Let's battle cry over a hill...maybe like the epic battle scene in Lord of the Rings 2?

Glad to see you are moving!!

Definitely!! Count me in on that battle cry!

Jennifer1966
06-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Ugh, I had the absolute worse stomach illness I've ever experienced Wednesday night. Thinking it must have been food poisoning because it came on so suddenly and was so violent. I'll skip the gory details (believe me, you don't want to hear them), but the upside is I'm down to 167.8. I'm not sure it will stick, but I'm hoping it does. I would never in a million years wish anyone to go through what I did (I actually blacked out for the first time in my life), but maybe it got me off of my plateau. I know one thing for sure, I will never eat ground turkey again!!

rubidoux
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Oh man, that sucks, Jennifer! I hope it sticks, though. I have had that happen twice since starting my WL journey and once it stuck and once it didn't.

I am totally feeling sorry for myself here. And I feel like a big idiot about it. I wish I could say I was premenstrual or something, but that's not it. I am just not bouncing back from this crappy news I got yesterday. I had a b*tch of an ear infection mother's day weekend. Like it was totally debilitating for days and I felt like I was going to die. I went to urgent care and then followup with GP two weeks later. Both of them told me that the hearing loss I had in that ear was not permanent and would totally resolve. And I believed them bc I had never heard of an adult losing hearing from an ear infection. So, then yesterday I go to the ear, nose, throat specialist and she tells me that in fact it probably is permanent (20% loss in my right ear, not the end of the world, but it is fairly significant in terms of how its affecting me), but it would not have been if I had come in when it first started. Can you freaking believe that??? So, I kinda felt after that yesterday like I had a good excuse for a binge. But I didn't do it.

Then this morning when I woke up my b/s was only 28 which is pretty much off the charts low. I should really, really have had my skittles, but my husband was having some greek yogurt with fresh blueberries, which looked so healthy and yummy and why not, right? How could it be that skittles would be healthier for me than that??? So, I made some for myself, added a few strawberries, inhaled it, and then dug into my kids' cookies, and pretzels, and ate the last 10 "round crackers" with hummus. And in the last couple of hours I've grabbed three pretzels every time I walk through the kitchen. I believe this is the first time I've had any grain at all in something like six weeks and first time for gluten in even longer. :( And then to make things worse we have a party to go to tonight and another one tomorrow. :( I am thinking I'm just gonna do whatever I want tonight. There's maybe a 5% chance that I'll decide to try to get back to plan, much more likely I'll see the food and want some. But I don't want to stay off plan tomorrow just because of this party. I almost wish I could skip it but my kids are really looking forward to it. Sigh...

This is where my thinking is messed up... but I really, truly can't see where I'm wrong, please tell me!!! If I go off plan for half a day, I will gain 4 pounds. If I go off plan for two full days, I will probably gain 5 pounds. Doesn't it seem like I get more bang for my buck if I stay off for a couple of days???

Jennifer1966
06-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Rubidoux: First :hug: for all you've gone through! Hoping the hearing loss is only temporary, and good job on not binging after getting possibly bad news. I'm sorry your BS dipped so low. I understand the eating after that! You are doing too well to go crazy at the parties, but if you lose a little control, you know you can get right back on plan! It has been major graduation party season here, and I've been to 12+ over the last few weeks, and I've made some poor choices. I'm not beating myself up about it though because I know things happen in life and sometimes I splurge. I want my weight loss plan to be truly something I can live with (or I will gain everything back [I]again [I]), so I know that has to include times of overindulgence. What I have found though, is even when I indulge, it is not to the same extent as it would have been before I started this journey. So I guess I'm saying that whatever choices you make at your parties, don't be too harsh on yourself. You will rebound and lose again!

rubidoux
06-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks, Jennifer! :) Your post makes me feel better bc I have been thinking some of those same things, but not sure if it was my usual disordered thinking about food or if I could rely on it. I actually have been totally off my plan all day yesterday and all day today. Yikes! But, like you said, it was nowhere near as bad as I would have been just on an average day before starting this journey.

It's the first time I've been off for more than one day since december, so that's kind of scary, but I do think I need to be able to navigate scary situations if this is gonna be a lifelong thing.

I think I'll be able to get back on plan tomorrow. I really want it and I think I kind of need it, even beyond the weight loss issue. I'm feeling kind of anxious about things in general and feeling out of control of my eating will (and maybe has) make that ten times worse.

I haven't weighed myself. I'll be a little scared to see what the damage is tomorrow. I do hope I'll still be under 170. :o Even if I only go off for one meal, I gain four pounds, but I think it's mostly water. Sigh...

NorthernChick13
06-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Aww, Rubidoux...sending lots of love and support your way. Sorry I didn't read that earlier but I am glad Jennifer was there to make you feel better! And no matter what those numbers say, you will still be a 160's chick- that never changes even with a tonne of salt!!

I've been avoiding 3FC a bit because it's day 22 of my stall. lol I am still here though, I promise!

Jennifer1966
06-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I was up to 168.6 today, so I think I am officially rehydrated from being so sick! I am hoping to lose 1.5-2 pounds this week, so I'm going to try to stay on plan every day.

NorthernChick13
06-10-2013, 07:36 PM
OMG Jennifer! I just came on to say I just weighed in at 168.7. WE ARE THE SAME PERSON! lets go!!!!

Jennifer1966
06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Woohoo, NorthernChick!!! You broke your plateau!!!! Onward and downward for both of us!

amandie
06-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Happy for NorthernChick and Jennifer!!!

Hope things are better for you today, Rubidoux! :crossed: on staying under 170! But you can always lose that again and more!

Friday, I was 166.6 and today I saw 170.4- gahhhh! Water weight, I hope because I did pretty well over the weekend. I will not stress over it!

Here's to a good week for all of us!

rubidoux
06-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks, amandie! I am doing okay. :) I'm back on and I feel pretty solid in it. Phew! I get all insecure feeling now when I'm not eating on plan, so scared I won't get back to it, yk? But it's all good, I think. I was 167.6 this morning, which is fine, about 4.5 pounds. I'm crossing my fingers, though, that it doesn't go up a bit more tomorrow morning. Sometimes when I eat off plan, the weight doesn't show up till two mornings later.

So, today I went in to get that steroid shot in my eardrum (kinda unpleasant but not terribly painful) and you will never guess... I tell the doc that I feel like there's something going on besides the nerve damage that they measured bc it's like I can hear something moving around in there, like you do when your ears are really popping on an airplane. I thought it seemed like fluid in there. So I was hoping it would turn out that some of my loss of hearing was not nerve damage, which is the bad kind. And she says, "well, there is this thing that can happen when you lose a lot of weight pretty quickly..." Good grief! What are the freaking odds that my weight loss would cause me hearing loss at the same exact time that I have nerve damage happen in my ear??? In a way it is good news. I do have a 20% loss of hearing in that ear due to nerve damage, but I may also have this thing due to weight loss which will probably get better. So... what I'm feeling now is probably more than 20% and I will get better up to that point, if that makes sense. But really... has anyone ever heard of weight loss related hearing loss? Gah!

And, amandie, that has to be water. That's just too much of a leap for anything else.

NorthernChick and Jennifer... woot! I hope it's a trend for you guys!

Angelic Fruitcake
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I thought (hoped) that i'd break into the 160s today but nope, i was at 170.8. I'll get there, i know i will, I just wish I'd get there faster!

PatriceChild
06-11-2013, 02:06 AM
This morning I was 170.7, that is amazing because I know if I had woken up and waited around before working out-the door, I could have been still at my weigh in from Sunday. I usually lose a pound from merely...waking up, post pee. It is uneven!

I trust you guys have a wonderful day on strategy!!!

Jennifer1966
06-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Angelic and Patrice: You guys are breathing down the neck of the 160s! I know it will happen very soon.

I was at 167.6 this morning, which is a pound down from yesterday. I get nervous when I lose a pound in a day because it so rarely sticks. It's TOM though, so maybe this one is different!

Angelic Fruitcake
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
170.2 this morning... So close! I think I'm going to do a happy dance when I see 169.?

dehtripper
06-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I think a happy dance will certainly be in order! Hope it happens soon :D

Underwater
06-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Back down to 160.6 this morning. SO CLOSE!!!

amandie
06-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Angelic and Patrice- You guys are totally knocking on the 160s door and it will open VERY soon!!! A happy dance is certainly in order.

Yay, Jennifer!!!! That is AWESOME!

Underwater- Sooo close it's not even funny! You got this!

rubidoux
06-11-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm doing better than normally recovering from my cheat. I thought I might be up further today but I'm like half way down -- 165.6 this morning, so still more than two pounds above where I was. Sadly, though, that cheat has left me feeling hungry. I think it may be a couple days before my appetite suppression is in full swing.

Underwater
06-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Feeling good about the upcoming week. I have no cheating temptations scheduled this weekend.

I am really struggling about upping my calories on my doctor-supervised plan. I am supposed to do this very soon. I have about 5 lbs left to my bonus goal and I'm suppose to up them before I get there. It was supposed to happen tomorrow but I got cold feet and we pushed it to next Wednesday.

dehtripper
06-12-2013, 08:28 AM
How much will you be upping your calories? Sorry if I missed it somewhere. You're so close to bonus goal!

Weigh in today - 160.0 on the nose!!

Angelic Fruitcake
06-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Well i wasn't 169.something this morning...

I was 168.8!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! First time seeing the 160s and I hope to stay there (until I get into the 150s that is). I hope hope hope I can stay on plan all week and especially on the weekend so I can stay in the 160s for my official weigh-in on Monday!

Jennifer1966
06-12-2013, 09:53 AM
WTG, Angelic!! I knew you'd be in the 160s today, and I'm sure they will stick!!

I was at 167.2 this morning, which is down .4 from yesterday. I'm really hoping my losses stay consistent and I'm out of the 160s much quicker than the 170s!!

Underwater
06-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Grr... I know better than to put any faith in daily weigh-ins but today I am up to 161.2 again and I was perfect yesterday. Stayed on plan, calories were good, lots of water. I want 159 so bad!!!

NorthernChick13
06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
TOM = scale is banned. Ladies, is the plateau isn't broke on Sunday's weigh in....oh...there are no emoticons for it :P

GordonGirl16
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM
160.4 this morning! But I have been fluctuating between 160 and 161 for a few weeks now. I haven't really been OP too much lately, and I'm hoping to start back up again in the next couple of days. I've been lurking here on 3FC but not posting, so hopefully posting here will help me get back on the wagon.

NorthernChick13
06-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Good morning! 167.6! I THINK I FINALLY BUSTED THROUGH MY STALL/PAUSE/MINI PLATEAU/PERSONAL ****/ WHATEVER!

WOOO!!!!!!

And Gordon Girl, we're gonna have to let you go soon!!

Jennifer1966
06-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Yay, NorthernChick!!

GordonGirl: You are so close to the 150s!! Any day now it will happen.

I was at 166.6 this morning! I'm so glad my weight is going down faster than it was in May! I'm hoping to be 165._ by Monday's weigh in! I will have to be super vigilant this weekend!

Angelic Fruitcake
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I was down again at 168.4 this morning! I hope I can stay on plan during the weekend!

GordonGirl16
06-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Back up to 161 this morning. The past couple of days I haven't really been OP so I need to work on that :o Hopefully by next week it will be gone for good!

Underwater
06-13-2013, 12:38 PM
160.8 today. No big cheating temptations this weekend. I could make 159 by my ticker weekly weigh in on Monday!

rubidoux
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Yay NC and Jennifer! So glad things are moving!

I'm having a hard time staying on my stupid plan. :( I think I've eaten off plan on four out of the last six days, sometimes off all day long, sometimes just for one meal, but I'm having a hard time getting back on track. It's 2:30 pm here now and so far today I'm on, so I'm really gonna push...

I was at 167.8 this morning, so it could be worse.

hhm6
06-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Hey guys!

Haven't posted in awhile but I've been lurking now and then!

Kinda bummed since my weight hasn't moved at all in over a month now :( but with my sister visiting this month it's been hard to diet (and not lose) so I've decided to maintain for this month until I muster up the courage to get back on plan. Still eating healthy though and my weight has been at 170.5 so no gain is a good sign?

You guys are doing so great!! Going to need a new 150s thread soon!

Jennifer1966
06-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Rubidoux: Hope you had a good, on plan day yesterday. Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes I think we need a break!

Hhm: It's nice to "see" you today! I think maintaining is fine with visitors! You'll be back to losing in no time!

Underwater: you will make 159 by Monday! It's so exciting!

GordonGirl: you can do it!

I was at 166.4 this morning, so only down .2 from yesterday,but I was hungry all day. I stayed on plan,but my portions were definitely bigger!

Angelic Fruitcake
06-14-2013, 09:55 AM
hhm6: I lose slowly so I'll be right here in this thread waiting for you when you start losing again! :)

I was up to 169.2 this morning. I'm not sure why since I stayed on plan yesterday. Oh well. I won't be able to weigh myself until my official weigh-in on Monday so we'll see.

Underwater
06-14-2013, 09:19 PM
160.2!!! So Close! So Motivating To Be 100% On Plan This Weekend!

Jennifer1966
06-15-2013, 08:51 AM
166 this morning. I'm hoping the party I'm going to this evening doesn't slow my momentum!

NorthernChick13
06-15-2013, 02:10 PM
166.5! We're all moving!!

Today, this is my song regarding the 160's...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRdo7WXTVoM

I WANT TO BREAK FREEEEEEEEEE!

Jennifer1966
06-15-2013, 05:49 PM
NorthenChick: yay on your loss! I love the song idea, so I'm copying;). Here's my song for getting the gap heck out of the 160s: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN0nX61rIs.

hhm6
06-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you Angelic and Jennifer!! :)

You guys are doing so good! Jennifer you look so skinny in your pic!!

Two more weeks and I'm ready to start the road to the 160s!!

Underwater
06-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Congrats Northern!!!

I also moved again today! MADE IT TO 159!!! I'm 159.6 this morning!

Celebrated by heading to Old Navy to take advantage of their shorts sale- SIZE 8!!! HOLY CRAP SINGLE DIGITS!!!

NorthernChick13
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
CONGRATS, UNDERWATER! When I signed in, I saw you had posted in the 160's and the 150's thread...I literally squealed!!!

Jennifer, haha love the song!!! Man, it's amaznig how so much music translates to what we are doing!!

And hhm6, we're ready for ya!!!

And Angelic Fruitcake, don't stress. It's normal! I'm looking forward to Monday too!

NorthernChick13
06-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Official weigh in day- 165.3 today! That's a 4 lb drop once I burst through that plateau! YES! Feelin' pretty good! My big mini goal is 160 by July 8th, as that'll be 50 lbs since I last saw any family and friends in my hometown. It's now back in the realm of possibility!!!

Jennifer1966
06-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I had a bad day yesterday and ate way too much at a grad party then drank too much bar hopping afterwards! I was up to 167.4 today, but I'm hoping it comes off as quickly as it went on!

Angelic Fruitcake
06-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Official weigh in day- 165.3 today! That's a 4 lb drop once I burst through that plateau! YES! Feelin' pretty good! My big mini goal is 160 by July 8th, as that'll be 50 lbs since I last saw any family and friends in my hometown. It's now back in the realm of possibility!!!

That's awesome! :carrot:

I was 168.2 this morning! So happy! I'm finally officially in the 160s! And I've now lost 25 lbs!!!

Jennifer1966
06-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Im so glad you guys are doing so well! My scale is not my friend this week (bad weekend). I'm up to 167 when I was hoping for 165._ today! I've been walking and watching what I eat since my Saturday eat and drink fest though, so I should lose the bloat soon!

dehtripper
06-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Great to hear Angelic and NorthernChick!!! Jennifer, hope you beat the bloat soon :)

I had a few few off days this week (chocolaaaaaaate) and splurged on some super greasy kettle chips instead of a smarter salad at a friends bachelorette dinner. I'm so close to the 150s I'm hoping it won't through me too far off.

Underwater
06-17-2013, 06:20 PM
I hope you guys don't mind if I stick around, the 150's thread is pretty slow.

Wednesday I raise my calories. I am nervous. I am opening myself up to a lot of foods I haven't eaten in months. I really have to be vigilant about controlling myself. I have at least 4 more lbs to lose but my weight loss coach thinks we should transition with a little bit of weight left to lose.

amandie
06-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Way to go on hitting the 150s, Underwater! So happy for you!!!

I feel sucky for coming on 3FC and not reporting anything good/new- still 165/166 although I haven't really done anything to try to push the scale lower. I really need to start tracking properly instead of just doing the math in my head and Thursday- I will for sure start working out (twisted my ankle last week and want to give it a bit of time to heal since it is still a bit tender.)

Underwater
06-17-2013, 07:00 PM

I feel sucky for coming on 3FC and not reporting anything good/new- still 165/166 although I haven't really done anything to try to push the scale lower. I really need to start tracking properly instead of just doing the math in my head and Thursday- I will for sure start working out (twisted my ankle last week and want to give it a bit of time to heal since it is still a bit tender.)

You are here and that is what is important. I think that reading posts and chatting with others here has kept me maintaining in hard times when I'd otherwise be gaining.

rubidoux
06-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Everyone seems to really be moving! Yay!

Jennifer, I feel like once I've gone down my body is less resistant to doing it again. I bet you'll be back to your low tomorrow.

I haven't really been completely on plan all week. I came close a couple of days, but no cigar. Still, I'm only half a pound from my ticker now, so I'm good w that. Actually today I've been good, so maybe I'll see a new low tomorrow.

I feel like I need to just hold steady now and then. I hope your ankle is well soon!

amandie
06-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks, Underwater and Rubidoux! My ankle is definitely much better today.

I saw 164.6 this am even with my 2 bowls of soup with chicken broth and a ton of salt in it from last night! :carrot: I'm totally gonna be good at dart league practice tonight- no fried crap and no beer!

Have a great day, guys!

Jennifer1966
06-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Argh, I was at 167.2 this morning. We went out for Mexican last night and then I hit the angel food cake hard. I have got to get my ^*+* together this week!! I'm not sure why I am so hungry. I will get back on track.

NorthernChick13
06-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Glad to have you still, Underwater! Don't sweat the calorie raise! I raised to 1800 a few weeks ago and lost a lot this week. I net 1500 now with my workout- it helped! I know you have the strength to reintroduce those foods. You got this!

Underwater
06-19-2013, 02:52 AM
I am thinking of doing 30 Day Shred to try to balance out the added calories. I know it comes with an initial weight gain as my body starts developing those muscles, but I believe muscles up your metabolism so long term, you can eat more and maintain even if you aren't working out every day.

Long term, I'd like to work out 2-3 days max. That's not including fun stuff like hikes with the hubby and dog. I know I'm not going to be a 4-5 times a week worker outer LOL :)

amandie
06-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Great idea, Underwater. I plan to do the same thing long-term 2-3 days at the most. Good luck with the 30 Day Shred. I love it and only for 20 minutes! It's awesome.

dehtripper
06-19-2013, 07:50 AM
I've started the 30ds a couple times but got sidetracked with couch25k. Once I finally finish (I'm on week 8 of 9) I really want to do 30ds for real or try rew rules for lifting.

Anyhow, Wednesday morning = weekly WI. I was hoping for a least a tiny loss to slide me into the 150's but I think I got a visit from the whoosh fairy - 156.6??!? Yes please and thank you! Its really great to start learning its OK to eat out with friends from time to time without being set back. As long as treats are a sometimes food.

amandie
06-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Yay, Dehtripper! That is awesome! So happy for you!!!!! I also want to try NROLFW too after 30 Day Shred. I just need to find a good gym stocked with things I need to do the program because I totally don't have the $ or space to make my own gym.

dehtripper
06-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks!!!! Our university gym may be limited but what it does have is a relatively under used weight room with lots and lots of free weights. I guess there's no better time to try than now in the summer when there's less super fit undergrads filling it up while I'm learning the ropes.

Are you noticing good results with 30ds? I mean not just weightless but muscle? I know logically that I'm much smaller but I really need to start working on muscle tone. I do NOT want to end up skinny fat.

Jennifer1966
06-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Great job, underwater and dehtripper!! I'm still sticking in the low 167s, but hoping to get back to 166 (and lower) soon! I started a 30 day squat, crunch, plank and sit-up challenge to add to my walking yesterday, so I hope that helps! I may check out 30 day shred when I'm finished since you all say such great things about it!

amandie
06-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Dehtripper- I've kept up with it once for 3 weeks consistently and I noticed nice results (muscle tone in arms, jeans fit better even though scale didn't show much change) and that was at 180! Can't wait to see what I will look like once I actually complete it! Since it was over a year that I last did the dvd, I restarted back to LVL1 but alternating between 3lb and 5lb hand weights. I have up to 16lbs, can't even imagine trying 'em with 30DS just yet.

You will definitely see a difference as long as you PUSH yourself, no petering out or doing it half-a$$ed! :) I don't want to be skinny-fat either!

Jennifer1966- I say good things because I know the results will be awesome but to be honest? It's basically 20 minutes of H3LL! LOL. Worth it. ;)

NorthernChick13
06-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Good idea on the shred, guys! I did it in April and lost 15 lbs on it. I am doing Ripped in 30 right now (it's pretty much the same thing but different variations) and it helped me bust through my plateau. I swear by those two programs and the shred will likely be my summer workout plan too!

amandie
06-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Whoaaaa!!! :carrot: 162.8 this am :carrot:

dehtripper
06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Shazamm!! thats awesome Amandie! thanks for the feedback on the shred. I hadn't thought of alternating weights but I think I'll try that.

Underwater
06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Upped my calories by adding potatoes and pineapple back into my diet. Wow they are delicious!!!

I bought asparagus, portobellos, and corn to grill tonight!

And had a loss on the scale today!

Jennifer1966
06-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Woohoo, Amandie!! Great job!

Underwater: I just had some pineapple, yum! I had no idea it was a "off-limits" food like potatoes? Great job on the sale continuing its downward trek!

I was at 167 today, which is still up a pound from the 166 I saw last week. I have done 100 squats the last three days and my thighs are burning. I hope the exercise helps the scale move faster.

NorthernChick13
06-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey ladies! I just saw 164.8 and I am proud to introduce my latest carrot man!!

Jennifer- I am sure you'll see that loss soon! At least you are past your 169 stuckness still! Keep on truckin'!

Underwater
06-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Woohoo, Amandie!! Great job!

Underwater: I just had some pineapple, yum! I had no idea it was a "off-limits" food like potatoes? Great job on the sale continuing its downward trek!

I was at 167 today, which is still up a pound from the 166 I saw last week. I have done 100 squats the last three days and my thighs are burning. I hope the exercise helps the scale move faster.

While on my strict diet, EVERYTHING was off limits other than the food from my doctor's office. Shakes, oatmeals, soups, pudding, and packaged entrees.

Today I made homemade potato chips and homemade hummus! Yesterday was grilled corn and asparagus. FREAKING AMAZING!!!

NorthernChick13
06-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Good afternoon, chickies! I saw 164.8 again this morning, so I am glad! Sometimes I see a new lower weight and then it disappears with salt for a week or something!

I am going to take today off from working out- my GOOD ankle is giving me grief and I want to be smart about it. I am going to the doctor tomorrow so cross those fingers that he gives me the go ahead for orthopedic surgery!

Hope you all have an excellent day :)

hhm6
06-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh man, it feels like I haven't been on here in AGES!

Anyway, today I started my back to eating clean and working out diet!! I'm hoping the scale goes down I was 174 this morning:( but I was expecting that from all the junk I have been eating. I can honestly say I feel sick and DO NOT miss eating this way.

AND ....Wow!! can I just say how amazing you all are doing?! I can't wait to see 16-anything lol, so excited to be back on 3fc!!

amandie
06-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Dehtripper and Jennifer- Thanks!

Jennifer- Keep pushing through, you'll see 166 and below pretty soon! I have a feeling.

Yay, Northern for seeing the same weight and carrot man (http://www.bestofvegas.com/cdn/Shows-Tickets/Carrot-Top/images/Carrot-Top-Show-Las-Veags-laugh.jpg)!

Underwater- Everything you've made sounds really yummy especially the grilled corn and hummus! :drools:

Hhm6- It happens! Glad you're back! Hoping most of that is water weight, not actual gain!

NorthernChick13
06-25-2013, 12:27 PM
ahahahha amandie, that link made me burst out laughing while giving an exam! ahahaha

164.6 today! WOO!!

hhm6
06-25-2013, 05:01 PM
172!!!! 2lbs drop from yesterday so hoping more of it is water weight!! C'mon 169!!! I don't want to change my ticker back lol

Northern, you are doing fantastic!!! bahahhahahahaha @ the carrot man amandie!

rubidoux
06-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Hey you guys! Looks like everyone's doing great. :) I feel like it's been forever since I checked in. I am getting really freaking bored of this 163. I have been 163 for 3 weeks now with some upticks from going off plan and such. Then about 4 or 5 days ago I was 162.6 for a minute, but 163 point something ever since. Gah!

I think my likely problem is too much working out. It doesn't help me lose weight one iota, but it does make me hungry. It also makes me look and feel better and I know it's healthy and doing my body a lot of good, so I'm not willing to stop exercising just to see the scale move... for now.

The other possibility is that my increased appetite is from these stupid steroid shots I'm getting in my ear. Today is my last one and if it is the shots, I think the effect can last for many days, so possibly it'll get better in a week or so. Blah...

I would really like to see the 150's soon!!!

rubidoux
06-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Holy cow! Wasn't I just here complaining yesterday? I was 3 pounds down this morning, at 160.4!!! I don't think that has ever happened to me before. I do get whooshes from time to time but they're usually like a pound a day for 3 days in a row.

hhm6
06-26-2013, 04:07 PM
omg rubidoux that's an awesome whoosh!!!! :carrot:

I was 171!! yayyy!!

rubidoux
06-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Holy cow, one more pound down, to 159.4!!! I'm amazed! All of the sudden I feel like I've been losing so well, but in reality, it's only been five pounds in the last month. But I'm thrilled! :carrot:

hhm6
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Rubidoux-WOW! I logged on and saw the last post was rubidoux and got all excited! ha! you're doing amazing!! Still IF?! You must be feeling skinnyyyy!! ahhh i want out of the 170s!! this thread is my motivation!

I am finally back at 170 this morning and really hoping I see the 160s after my two month long hiatus!

Quick question for you guys- are you lowering your cals as you lose weight? I've kinda modified dukan to a way where I can stay on it without cheating but as I lose weight am I supposed to lower my cals? I just dont want another awful stall like I had!

amandie
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Rubidoux- AWESOME!

Hhm6- Whew! Excited for you! I do WW and points do get lower every approx. 7lbs as I lose so yea for me, cals do get lowered a bit (a point is approx 35-50 cals depending on the content- fat, fiber, carb, protein.)

162.2 this am! Although I did see 161.6 after I mowed the grass, just water loss. Still nice, though! :D

Keep up the great work, people!

rubidoux
06-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks you guys!!! :D More good news today, too. My BMI is actually lower than I thought bc I am taller than I thought. When I was 30 I was measured at the doctors and they said I was 5'0" and I told them it was impossible bc I was 5'1 3/4" and they were like "nope." So, I figured I was wrong and they were right, but, ummm, apparently they were morons. :lol: And me, too, because I have believed it for 13 years now. :o But today I took my kid to the doc and asked if they would measure me and it turns out that I am 5'1 3/4". So.... my BMI came down quite a bit, from 31.something to 29.6, which is shockingly not obese!!! Also, I thought my original bmi was 41.8, which was in the insanely obese category or something like that, morbidly obese maybe. A category that nobody wants to be in. But it turns out that I was only barely on the cusp of morbidly obese. None of this, of course, really matters, its just weird how much stock we put in numbers and how they can make you feel about yourself even if they aren't the reality, yk? And then while I think BMI is mostly a big load of BS, I have to admit that it's really exciting to have gotten to 29.

hhm, I know it feels so great to get back on track after a little detour. I've done it *quite a few* times. And such a relief to be moving in the right direction! :carrot:

Amandie, You're so close! I have never been lower later in the day than at my morning weight. I hope some of it's real. Either way, you're almost there! :carrot:

hhm6
06-28-2013, 02:20 AM
Rubidoux- AWESOME!

Hhm6- Whew! Excited for you! I do WW and points do get lower every approx. 7lbs as I lose so yea for me, cals do get lowered a bit (a point is approx 35-50 cals depending on the content- fat, fiber, carb, protein.)

162.2 this am! Although I did see 161.6 after I mowed the grass, just water loss. Still nice, though! :D

Keep up the great work, people!

Thanks you guys!!! :D More good news today, too. My BMI is actually lower than I thought bc I am taller than I thought. When I was 30 I was measured at the doctors and they said I was 5'0" and I told them it was impossible bc I was 5'1 3/4" and they were like "nope." So, I figured I was wrong and they were right, but, ummm, apparently they were morons. :lol: And me, too, because I have believed it for 13 years now. :o But today I took my kid to the doc and asked if they would measure me and it turns out that I am 5'1 3/4". So.... my BMI came down quite a bit, from 31.something to 29.6, which is shockingly not obese!!! Also, I thought my original bmi was 41.8, which was in the insanely obese category or something like that, morbidly obese maybe. A category that nobody wants to be in. But it turns out that I was only barely on the cusp of morbidly obese. None of this, of course, really matters, its just weird how much stock we put in numbers and how they can make you feel about yourself even if they aren't the reality, yk? And then while I think BMI is mostly a big load of BS, I have to admit that it's really exciting to have gotten to 29.

hhm, I know it feels so great to get back on track after a little detour. I've done it *quite a few* times. And such a relief to be moving in the right direction! :carrot:

Amandie, You're so close! I have never been lower later in the day than at my morning weight. I hope some of it's real. Either way, you're almost there! :carrot:

Omg rubidoux that's really funny! I couldn't have written about that height ordeal! I swear I am a little taller than 5'2 (Amandie I noticed this is on your profile too!) but everytime I go they're like,"no you're a solid 5'2" lies lies lies!!! lol

So I wanted to ask you guys, with Dukan there isn't any calorie counting. I basically eat veggies and protein everday and sometimes once a week I will allow a cheat item (ice cream or something) but I have an idea that I'm around 1200 cals a day. So am I supposed to go lower than this? Some days (like today) I'm so hungry at night, literally I could probably eat a shelf of food in my fridge right now but I'm going to force myself to sleep so I won't, but I can't imagine going lower to have to lose. I haven't been working out either because it's so darn hot my garage feels like a furnace.

Any tips?

rubidoux
06-28-2013, 01:57 PM
hhm, Does Dukan have calorie restrictions? I thought one of the beautiful things about low carb was no worrying about calories. Of course, I do anyway, but I'm trying to get over it. But this week I have been making a conscious effort to increase cals and it doesn't seem to have hurt so far. You should check out Peter Attia's talk on youtube called "The Role of Fat". It's a little long. But he's easy on the eyes. ;) But he lost weight and reversed his insulin resistance while eating 4500 calories a day. :o And he found, I think (I don't remember all the particulars), that he lost better when he made the leap from 3000 to 4500. But he exercises like a complete maniac. I don't think a normal person would ever get away with those calories. But still he makes a good argument about not trying to restrict calories while doing low carb.

NorthernChick13
06-28-2013, 03:54 PM
hey guys! Just checking in- rubidoux and amandie, that's awesome to hear things are going so well! And rubidoux, that's crazy about the height! And hhm6, glad to see your hiatus is ending! Keep pushin!! :D

I saw 163.7 just now- YES!!! Lower than my morning weigh in and I had also just eaten lunch, so I wonder if it will continue going down!? A girl can dream!!!!!! Just 11 lbs away from seeing my lowest weight as an adult! YES!

hhm6
06-29-2013, 12:59 PM
hhm, Does Dukan have calorie restrictions? I thought one of the beautiful things about low carb was no worrying about calories. Of course, I do anyway, but I'm trying to get over it. But this week I have been making a conscious effort to increase cals and it doesn't seem to have hurt so far. You should check out Peter Attia's talk on youtube called "The Role of Fat". It's a little long. But he's easy on the eyes. ;) But he lost weight and reversed his insulin resistance while eating 4500 calories a day. :o And he found, I think (I don't remember all the particulars), that he lost better when he made the leap from 3000 to 4500. But he exercises like a complete maniac. I don't think a normal person would ever get away with those calories. But still he makes a good argument about not trying to restrict calories while doing low carb.

hey guys! Just checking in- rubidoux and amandie, that's awesome to hear things are going so well! And rubidoux, that's crazy about the height! And hhm6, glad to see your hiatus is ending! Keep pushin!! :D

I saw 163.7 just now- YES!!! Lower than my morning weigh in and I had also just eaten lunch, so I wonder if it will continue going down!? A girl can dream!!!!!! Just 11 lbs away from seeing my lowest weight as an adult! YES!

Rubidoux- I just had a complete epiphany when I read your response!!! While I was on my "maintenance phase" I completely forgot I don't have to calorie count anything (veggie+ protein) I'm seriously delirious these days! I just randomly started weighing my food and counting, but omg i can totally chow down some carrots now when I'm starving!!

....oh and weighed 169!!!!!!!!!! and this was two days in a row so it's here to stay I hope!! ahhh this is awesome! 9lbs more lbs until my lowest weight in my adult life! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

NorthernChick13
06-29-2013, 01:15 PM
CONGRATS, HHM6! THAT'S AMAZING!!!

The whoosh fairy was great to me today- 162.4!!! OMG!!!!!! After barely losing last month, I guess I don't need to smack that fairy now! ahahah

Jennifer1966
06-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Wow, I disappear for a week and you guys are all losing weight like crazy!! My BFF was in town from Idaho, so we ate and drank like morons for a week. I went up to 169.8, but am now at 167.4. I am really hoping to be under 165 before we leave for vacation on July 9! I've been riding my bike and walking every day. I have to get back to healthier eating!!

NorthernChick13
06-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Wow, I disappear for a week and you guys are all losing weight like crazy!! My BFF was in town from Idaho, so we ate and drank like morons for a week. I went up to 169.8, but am now at 167.4. I am really hoping to be under 165 before we leave for vacation on July 9! I've been riding my bike and walking every day. I have to get back to healthier eating!!

lmao I love this quote, Jennifer! You always bring a smile to my face! And it sounds like it was a lot of water weight, so no worries :) How was your visit with your BFF? Hope it was a blast!

In regards to weight, I saw 161.8 yesterday, but then 163.7 this morning. lol totally keeping the low weight! I am so excited because I KNOW I will be in the 150's at some point in July! AHHHHH!!!!

nonamortica
06-30-2013, 10:48 PM
160.6 this morning .... I'm getting close ......

Jennifer1966
07-01-2013, 08:42 AM
NorthernChick: Our visit was fabulous. It's hard having her live on the other side of the country, but we try to make up for it when we get together! Our husbands get along great too, so there are lots of good times. Congrats on how close you are to 160!!

Nonamortica and rubidoux: Woohoo! You guys are awesome!

I was up two whole pounds today, but I ate salt like it was my job yesterday! I only ate around 1600 calories, but the sodium was out of control. I also took an hour bike ride and a 45 minute walk. Boy can I tell a difference in my legs from all the riding! I think my muscles may also be retaining water. Today I'll drink a ton to try to flush some out.

NorthernChick13
07-01-2013, 11:22 AM
I am the water retention queen today too, Jen! I even saw 169 LAST NIGHT! lol I ate waaaaaaay too much pasta and lets just say extra fibre is not my friend!!

163.7 this morning- let's hope I see those 162's and 161's again in a few days! I am living off protein smoothies today!!

nonamortica
07-01-2013, 01:16 PM
A pint's a pound the world around!

hhm6
07-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Was up to 170 again today boooo, but I'm pretty sure it's from the salt I've been eating. I'm sick again so I'm guessing I'll see my weight go up and down until I'm better.

Hopefully I'll be down to 169 again tomorrow!

amandie
07-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Aw, Hhm6- that blows!!!! Sending you some bacteria-fighting dust so you can come back on the WL wagon ASAP! ;)

Yay on your 161, Northern!!!

164.4, grr!!! Day 2 of Insanity and I am hurtinggg. Trying to decide if I should keep up or take a break because I don't wanna injure myself.

hhm6
07-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks amandie!!! Why is water weight so hard to get off?!!! sheesh! I was 169.5 today! so I guess it's coming off slowly.

I've started a very very bad habit!! Lately, as soon as I get out of class I'm dropping by albertsons and picking up their cookies!!! it's $.50 a cookie (which dear god is so overpriced when you think about it!) but ahhh WTF What am I doing?!

Ok rant over. I pasting the number 160 everywhere in my car so I never go there again.

Btw amandie, kudos to you for doing Insanity!! I tried it but then decided to stop because I didn't know what to after! I know it sounds weird but let's say you did Insanity, finished it, would your next workout have to be even harder than Insanity to lose weight?? This sounds like a dumb question but it's the reason I don't do it because I'm afraid I'll stop and regain!!

Chronostasis
07-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Hey guys! I've been watching this thread for a while, but now that I've been consistently weighing in at 170.0 or a few ounces less for 3 days now, so I think it's time for me to join it. I have less than a pound to go until I'm at a healthy BMI - how awesome is that?! I'm going to enjoy my stay in the 160s but will be even more psyched to see the 150s, which I don't remember ever seeing before! :D

amandie
07-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Not dumb at all, hhm6- makes sense! If/when I get to 150 at the end of Insanity, I'm definitely starting NROFL or some serious lifting routine because I want to lose fat (although I'm not sure if you truly can build when you're eating at a deficit and )and I wouldn't mind a slow loss if it means I'm gonna lose fat and look better!

Hi, Chronostasis! Welcome! Healthy BMI? How freaking exciting! Congrats!

rubidoux
07-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Welcome, Chronostasis! I will be so shocked if I ever reach a so-called healthy BMI (hate the chart and think its BS but somehow I still live and breath by it, gah!). You've done great!

I am now about 3 weeks from the bar and I'm hoping to just be at 159 or below on the day after the test is over. Yesterday I was at 158.4, but I had kind of a rough day, so this morning I was 161.6. Today was a good day, though. For some reason I really feel like this post-bar weigh-in is important. I'd like to have a buffer of a couple of pounds if possible. The test is three days long and will be insanely stressful, so I feel like there's a lot of opportunity for screwing up in there.

amandie
07-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Rubidoux- Are you in law school? Is there any way you could have veggie/fruit (not sure if you're low carb, if so disregard, lol) snacks along with maybe some cheese and healthy/low cal dips at the ready to prevent you from going off track with the stress? Hardboiled eggs are good too. Wishing you a tonnnn of luck with your 3 day long test!

amandie
07-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Aunt Flo reared her ugly head today and I'm up to 166.8 this am, ugh! Even though I'm cramping like heck, I will still do the Insanity workout today since (thankfully) I'm off tomorrow!

Have a great day, all!

NorthernChick13
07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone! Amandie, hopefully the workout helps kill some of those cramps!!!!!

I am finally back in the realm of 161, so I'll take it. Still...looking for a loss, not a maintain! It's been a rough week, mentally!

amandie
07-06-2013, 04:22 PM
The 2 Tylenols helped with the cramps! :) Workout wasn't too bad today although I am looking forward to getting my new Insanity dvd set in the mail because some of the ones we borrowed keeps freezing on us.

You can do it, Northern!!! You got this.

rubidoux
07-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Rubidoux- Are you in law school? Is there any way you could have veggie/fruit (not sure if you're low carb, if so disregard, lol) snacks along with maybe some cheese and healthy/low cal dips at the ready to prevent you from going off track with the stress? Hardboiled eggs are good too. Wishing you a tonnnn of luck with your 3 day long test!

Yeah. I'm crazy low carb, no fruit and very little veg. I'm doing pretty good so far. And, I think this may sound crazy, and please don't tell my husband!, but my priority right now is really my way of eating, and the bar is closing in on second (usually the kids would be right up there, but pretty soon now, I'm going to start pretending I don't have kids till this thing is over, lol). There's no chance in h*ll that I'm going to pass it, so I'm trying to keep it in perspective.

I actually graduated from law school in 2000, was barred in another state, and then got pregnant ten years ago and have been home with the kiddos ever since.

I am finally back in the realm of 161, so I'll take it. Still...looking for a loss, not a maintain! It's been a rough week, mentally!

I'm sorry about your hard week! My fingers are crossed for some downward movement for you!

The 2 Tylenols helped with the cramps! :) Workout wasn't too bad today although I am looking forward to getting my new Insanity dvd set in the mail because some of the ones we borrowed keeps freezing on us.

I've been really surprised with how much exercise has been helping my cramps. Do you not take ibuprofen? It actually stops the release of the hormones that cause the cramps rather than just killing the pain. I don't take it anymore bc I'm diabetic and it's not great for your kidneys, but if I weren't diabetic, I'd be taking fistfulls at the first sign of my period. lol

NorthernChick13
07-07-2013, 01:53 PM
omg Amandie, freezing dvds during a workout would drive me INSANE! Hahaha no pun intended!

Thanks for the well wishes, Amandie and Rubidoux. 160.7 TODAY! I kept trying to pee my way into the 150's, but I'll save that for another day, I guess :D

NorthernChick13
07-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Hey all! I have learned that ANY pasta for me means a 4 lb gain, minimum, and no poops for like 3 days. Next time I freak out, ask me "Now northernchick...did you eat pasta again?"

ahaaha I WAS SO CLOSE TO THE 150'S! Come on, water....flush flush flush!!!

PS- Sorry for telling you about my poops :P

amandie
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Northern- ROFLMAO for realsies!!! No twosies for 3 days? I'd be SOO sad and grumpy! :crossed: on twosies soon! You can flush it allll out with your killer smoothies! ;)

Rubidoux- DR told me no ibuprofen or anything other than Tylenol due to my acid reflux. I never really paid attention on how exercise helps with the cramps since I'm always popping a pill or two for preventative measures and that only just takes the edge off. Although I will say I remember not needing to take more after I worked out. Hmm!

I'm still up at 165 and doing Insanity faithfully (got my DVDs in the mail and no more freezing, YAY!!!) Trying not to freak out about the 165 but I know it'll pass eventually since I've been OP and drinking a LOT less!

rubidoux
07-10-2013, 08:36 PM
You guys have been quiet lately.

I am still teetering around 160. Yesterday was 160.4 and today 159.4. I'm not sure that I've seen the 160's for the last time as I keep crossing over and back. Also bc of the stupid test I'm pulling back on exercise, going down from 5-6 days/week to every other day and doing a less intense workout. So, hopefully that won't throw me off.

amandie
07-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Yea, Rubidoux, sorry about that! I felt kinda blah because I didn't really have anything new to report since weight is up from TOM right now. I've noticed that I tend to be quiet posting-wise during TOM, lol.

As long as you try to eat just under maintenance, you should be able to go down some or maybe maintain until after the test is done? Just an idea. Stress doesn't help the scale either so I'm sure you'll start to see some nice losses after it's all said and done!

hhm6
07-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Hey guys,

I think I need some help. So I started back on my diet plan recently, but I've been so swamped with school work that dieting has taken a back seat when it really doesn't have to!! I don't know what's wrong with me :(

I weighed in today at 173 (I'm assuming a good portion of this is water weight) but it still sucks, and I ate crap today, but I'm planning on working out hard tonight. I'm not sure what to do. I'm doing the Dukan diet (no carb, all protein +veggies) but it's just not working so effectively this time around! I'm frustrated!

Any tips of what I should do? Should I start calorie counting to see how much I'm taking in? Maybe workout more? school makes me so lazy, everytime I get swamped with work I just want to sleep and eat. Anyway, would love some recommendations! and also this socal heat makes exercising such a pain!!

I just want to see the 160s!!!!

Oh and just wanted to add, this 4lbs gain I feel like I can actually feel it like my stomach feels so bloated, arms feel bigger. I'm going to be livid if it doesn't come down in a weeek or so!!! If you ladies have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Chronostasis
07-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Hello again everyone!
I weighed in at 168.6 today, which means my first official healthy BMI (24.9)! :carrot: Maybe I will take pictures soon and post them in mini-goal. I don't have starting pics, though. :(
I also have my first triathlon (a women's "mini" - 250 m swim, 7 mile bike, 2 mile run) coming up, if I haven't mentioned that! Countdown: 16 days! It'll be tough, but I'm going to rock it. I still can't believe how my fitness has improved by leaps and bounds since being unable to run a full minute a month and a half ago. Now I'm expecting to be one of the most competitive beginner triathletes in my tri training group. Bring it!

amandie
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Hmn6- I'd definitely count calories just to see how much you're taking in then go from there. I don't know how much working out you're doing but it's really all about the calories in and out. I'm sure you may have heard this before but 80% of weight loss is in the kitchen and 20% is from working out or something like that, LOL. It is possible to overexercise too much.

Chronostasis- Yay on hitting the healthy BMI! How exciting on the triathlon! You got this!!!

Finally saw 164ish this am. I can't wait to see 162 and below again!

nonamortica
07-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Hello all! I am back from my dance conference and still plugging towards breaking 160. It was grueling and wonderful at the same time. It challenged me physically and hurt and at the same time woke me up! I came home resolved to get more flexible and dance more. Am turning my largest bedroom into my own dance space. Meanwhile back on track with the eating.

Chronostasis
07-14-2013, 10:21 AM
nonamortica - A dance conference? Sounds like a lot of fun, though taxing. :)

I'm down another 1.4 lbs since my last weigh in (168.6, 3 days ago), putting my new low at 167.2 lbs. It's the middle of TTOM for me right now too, so maybe I'll see it go even lower as the accompanying bloat goes away? Either way, I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice loss on the scale today.

rubidoux
07-15-2013, 03:27 PM
So exciting, Chronostasis!

Hhm, do you know anything about nutritional ketosis? If not do a google search. I have found it very easy to do bc I have no appetite. Today I have been thinking about food bc I'm stressed and anxious, but I really am never hungry, even when I haven't eaten in 24 hours, which still boggles my mind. I wonder if you just need something new to mix things up. For me it helps w my motivation just to be experimenting w something different. Maybe it's just the mystery of whether it'll work for me.

I'm still hovering back and forth between 159.4 and 160.4. This morning was 160.4 (I'm never in between, actually, I'm either one or the other, so weird!). I'm a little worried bc I discovered a new food that I'm obsessed with. It's totally legal for me, but maybe not in the rediculously large quantities I wanna eat it in. It's chia pumpkin pudding made w coconut milk and heavy whipping cream and it may just be too yummy for my own good. lol

amandie
07-16-2013, 06:10 AM
Damnnn, Rubidoux- That sounds GOOD!

That is awesome, Chronostasis!

Hi, Nona! :wave: A dance conference? Wow. What kind of dance if you don't mind my asking?

167 today. It's definitely water weight! Grr. I am taking a week off from any workouts below the hips so it'll just be arm and core exercises with weights and stuff like that every other day until my knee feels okay. I'm totally done with Insanity- way too hard on my knees and upper back.

Let's stay OP all week, ladies!

rubidoux
07-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Omg, I just totally overate. I didn't really mean to, wasn't out of control but didn't realize it until I stood up. I used to eat this much and more regularly, but I guess I'm not that person anymore. :) I went out for lunch bc I was feeling sorry for myself (among other things, found out I have to go to a whole nother city to take the stupid bar exam, and I was the only person on the list waiting for San Diego who didn't get it, I have the worst luck! so I'll have to take a train and stay in a hotel for three days and spend a ton I don't have :( ). So I went to stacked and ate a whole gluten free pizza and two gluten free choc chip cookies. It wasn't an insubstantial amount of food, but the pizza wasn't very big and had an ultra-thin crust and the cookies not big. But I'm gonna pop! lol. I'm gonna give it my best shot to be on the straight and narrow for the rest of the day.

Still 160.2 this morning...

amandie
07-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Rubidoux- That blows about having to go to another city to do it! :( Good luck! You can do it!

rubidoux
07-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks, amandie! I can't wait till its over! :)

hhm6
07-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Rubidoux!!

I'm thinking the same thing to be honest! I think my body has gotten used to Dukan, and I'm also pretty bored of it, making me more inclined to cheat (which I've been doing a lot :( ) was 173 this morning, but I was expecting that so it's no shocker. Hoping to get it off within the next week or so! ayy i HATE how easy these lbs come on and how they take forever to come off. What a game! lol

Good luck on the bar Rubidoux!!!:carrot:

hhm6
07-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Back at 170 today whewww!

Basically just staying away from bread these day and it seems to be working so far!

Chronostasis
07-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Rubidoux - That's terrible that you have to go to another city. :( I wish you the best luck on the bar! And mmm, gluten free pizza...

I'm down 0.6 today (5 days after last weigh-in), down to 166.6! Wow, seems like I'm going through the 160s fast. Looking forward to seeing 165 soon!

rubidoux
07-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Well, I've been calling the bar every day and I got a spot in San Diego after all!!! I'm soooo relieved!

Still stuck at 159.4, though! Gah! It's driving me crazy. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I'd really like to get under 158 by then, since I was actually at 158 a couple of weeks ago. I am really ready for a whoosh.

So I started using this Ayurvedic herb to keep me from eating sweets, which are my downfall. It is supposed to suppress sweet cravings and also completely turns off the taste buds that taste sweet. So, you really can't eat sweets when you're taking it, they just taste nasty. Anyhow, if anyone else has trouble w sweets, I think this stuff is really helpful. It's called gymnema sylvestre.

ready2lose40
07-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Hey! So I just joined this and I'm at 171 right now... hopefully in the next couple of days I can join all of you in the 160s!

amandie
07-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Hi Ready2lose40! Welcome! :wave:

Rubidoux- :crossed: on you hitting 158.X in time for your appointment! Whew, glad you're still able to stay in SD to do it! I saw your thread and thought it was interesting!! That would be totally great for me to use during TOM, lol.

Yay, Chronostasis! I totally miss those- breezing through a decade! Enjoy! :)

Hmn6- They really do take forever to come off, grr!!! Yay for 170! Come on, 169 and below!!

165 today. I drank way more than I had planned last night but I did okay food-wise for the first time in a long time so not too much damage was done, whew! My knee is starting to feel a lot better and I'm looking forward to doing some walking on the treadmill starting Monday! Thinking I may do the C25K program but I dunno about running just yet especially with my wonky knee(s) and ankles. Anyway, have a great weekend all! Gonna try my damnedest to stay OP!

rubidoux
07-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks, Amandie! I have made my goal! Tomorrow is my appointment and this morning I was 157.6!!! Every pound is so exciting now bc it has been soooo many years since I've been here. And then yesterday I ran I to a friend who is not *thin* but I think she looks great, like totally normal weighted and even, if I may say do, HOT, and we are the same height and I'm two pounds heavier. It's so hard to know about one's self what you look like, yk? But I think I can't be dramatically fatter looking. In fact, I think it must mean that I'm pretty normal-weighted-looking. So weird!!! :)

Would it be too frustrating to walk for a while while you heal? I don't know if you have good hills where you are but I get a really good workout, IMO, walking hills. And I think it's softer on my joints. I'm 43, so I kinda feel like it behooves me to make sure they don't get overuse injuries if I can help it. If I was younger, I might decide I'd rather run. I have been very tempted by c25k. But then I feel like I am getting so much benefit from walking. I still may do it someday if I get to a point that I need a higher level.

amandie
07-23-2013, 12:20 PM
163 this am! Happy, happy and happy! I'm seriously motivated to stay OP since I'm not able to work out as much as I want (still putting off arm weights and stuff, bleh.)

So happy for you, Rubidoux!!!! I'm right behind ya in the 150s!

rubidoux
07-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Yay, Amandie! I'm feeling excited today, too! Somehow I went from 157.6 yesterday to 155.6 today!!! That has only happened to me a couple of times in all this weight loss, to lose two full pounds overnight. I can't help but wonder if the gymnema is doing more than making it impossible to taste sugar. It is supposed to promote weight loss in other more systemic ways, but I think I'm taking a tiny dose.

I saw yesterday that dehtripper is down to 150! Whoa! I hope that Jennifer has also graduated to the 150s thread. I may just stay here till I get ready to tackle the 140s. I'm too stressed w the bar next week to change threads, I need some familiar homey comfort. :)

Also, I think it's entirely possible that I'm gonna gain about four pounds on Thursday night next week when I'm done. I am gonna have a good solid meal after with carbs.

rubidoux
07-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Holy cow, Amandie, I didn't realize how close you are to goal!!! That must feel great! I keep thinking that when I get to around ten or 15 pounds above my goal, that will just feel like the normal human state. Like everyone feels like they need to lose ten or 15, right?

Has your loss slowed down as you've gotten closer?

D'oh! I just read the rest of your sig. Are stats are similar. I'm 5'1.5" and hoping to see 130, but before I started gaining a bazillion years ago I was very happy at 135. I feel like there was also a long period where I was 142 that felt pretty good, like I knew I was heavier but hadn't yet decided I was fat. Sadly the moment I really decided I was horribly over the top fat was at 150. I'm sure I was just being stupid,right? I have been feeling downright skinny this week. But when I graduated from law school and did the whole ceremony and fancy dinner w friends and family and all that I wore what I thought was a flattering top and I still cringe when I think of the pics! As I approach 150 I have been thinking of those a lot. Gah!

rubidoux
07-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Good grief you guys, I'm really on a roll! Down one more pound this morning. I have a feeling that I'm gonna bounce up a bit tomorrow. But still! :)

amandie
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
That is AWESOME, Rubidoux! So happy for you!!! You're over the halfway mark to 140s! :carrot:

162.4 this am! Slowly getting back to my 162. I'd LOVE to hit 159 by the end of the month but we'll see. :lol:

The losses definitely has slowed down but again I haven't really been 100% perfect ever since I moved to Illinois and hit the 180s. I was so militant from 226 to 180s and I worked out like crazy too back then.

Everyone else that you named are doing so great! We just gotta catch up to them, lol.

hhm6
07-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Was at 170 today!!! From 173 the day before, maybe the water weight is coming off?! yayy!

I hope it's down tomorrow too because I have been pretty good!! and wow you all are doing so well, I need to pick up my game! I want to be excited about the scale like I used to be, such a long slip up for me lol

rubidoux
07-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Omg, you guys, I feel like my weight is plummeting. I'm down another .8 pounds this morning. I believe that is 7 pounds in 6 days. I'm thinking it has to be the gymnema and I'm wondering if it could be a diuretic effect. The most powerful diuretic I've ever used is coffee. But I'm wondering, if it was water, would I keep losing more every day? Would I feel dehydrated? I don't think I was carrying any extra water, really, bc when you eat LC you naturally have less water weight. Do you guys have an opinion on this? I'm sure some of it is fat bc even w/o the gymnema, I was due for a whoosh. But I've never had a seven pound whoosh before. I'm a little worried bc the gymnema has been so awesome in terms of helping me stay on plan. I don't want to give it up bc it dehydrates me, yk?

Hhm, I'm so happy you're having some success! Yay! I'll pm you when I get home tonight (such a pita on my phone!). But I would say, in case you're going shopping today, try just ordinary butter first jic you don't like it. I thought it tasted ok, but I prefer my heavy whipping cream. Plus, they have HWC at Starbucks, which is awfully handy. :)

hhm6
07-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Rubidoux that is awesome!! Where did you get the gymnema stuff? I desperately need something to curb my sweet tooth! Are you exercising rubidioux? I'm ravenous after exercising but it keeps from eating crap throughout the day so I might stick to it but not do it so intensely?

I ate at 9am after so I didn't complete 16 hours of fasting but I'm hoping I can build up, I might just stop eating at 5pm now because it's so hard to not eat when I wake up.

I was 169.5 today, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! I haven't seen that 6 in LONG time!!

rubidoux
07-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Rubidoux that is awesome!! Where did you get the gymnema stuff? I desperately need something to curb my sweet tooth! Are you exercising rubidioux? I'm ravenous after exercising but it keeps from eating crap throughout the day so I might stick to it but not do it so intensely?

I ate at 9am after so I didn't complete 16 hours of fasting but I'm hoping I can build up, I might just stop eating at 5pm now because it's so hard to not eat when I wake up.

I was 169.5 today, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! I haven't seen that 6 in LONG time!!

Aww, yay! So happy you got to the 60's and you're still going down. Woot! :carrot:

I got gymnema leaves (not powdered) on amazon. It was 10 dollars for a pound, which would last you forever. I seriously cannot believe its working for me. I feel like, against my better instincts, I bought this crazy stuff off the web that was so unlikely to do me any good and it turned out to be really insanely awesome! lol So odd!

I do my exercise right before I eat, usually. It's weird bc I can be pretty starved and still have a good workout. Usually my first two blocks are a little sluggish but after five minutes or so, I'm really working it. It's hard to tell how it's affecting my appetite bc I eat right after. I seriously hardly have appetite with this gymnema stuff, anyway.

I think a lot of people build up to how ever many hours they want to get to. I started with two meals and then switched to one a while later. It still shocks me that I do this bc I *never* would have thought I could go that long without food.

amandie
07-26-2013, 04:04 PM
WTG, Hmn6!!!

Rubidoux- WOW! You're totally doing a great job! Congrats!

160.6 this am! Excited! Thinking about stalking the 150s thread now that I'm so close but I won't leave you alone in here, Hmn6, though! :)

rubidoux
07-26-2013, 05:44 PM
You are super close, Amandie!!! If you go over there, I'll meet you in a week after the stupid test.

I woke up .4 pounds up, which, even though I love to see the lower numbers, was a bit of a relief. I was worried the gymnema was going to get out of control and I'd have to give it up. And now that I have experienced it I don't want to live w/o my gymnema.

I also had a gluten free pizza and cookies for lunch. Last time I did it, I fasted for the rest of the day and had no gain, so that is my plan today. I hope it works like that again bc it's nice to be able to have a really satisfying meal once in a while. My dinners are always satisfying in the sense that they fill me up, but they aren't what I'd choose to eat if I weren't dieting, iykwim.

I feel much more confident about sticking to this fast and getting on track tomorrow than I would w/o the gymnema.

hhm6
07-26-2013, 10:48 PM
awwww shucks thanks amandie!!! I love this thread, I swear it's the reason I'm losing anything! amandie you and rubidoux are doing so amazing!! ahh I want to be in the 160s solidly (<--dont think that's a word!) but just in the middle so i know im there for good lol

Rubidoux, I pm'ed you about the gymmena stuff!

Chronostasis
07-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Hey guys! I did my triathlon this morning!!! It was awesome. :carrot: I placed 5th in my age group, which isn't half bad. Now I'm looking into doing another one on September 15th... I'm ready to get training again :D

I made it my goal this week to maintain my weight or gain a bit if necessary (<1 lb) rather than lose - it seemed like the smartest plan to prepare for race day. I struggled with eating that many calories for the first half of the week, but then ate probably more than necessary in the second half of the week. I think it about evened out. I'm ready to go back to eating at a deficit though, it's a lot of work to eat this much! :p
I'll step on the scales tomorrow but I'm expecting it to be high. For one, I gashed up my leg from knee to ankle two days ago and I'm clearly retaining a lot of water from that (I can actually feel how fluid-swollen it is). Add in soreness from the race and eating so much the past few days and it's a recipe for massive water retention. But I'll be patient and wait for the scales to catch up with me again :)

thnknthin1
07-29-2013, 09:34 AM
I think I'll join you all! I've been bouncing between 170.2 and 170.4...hoping to be in the 160's very soon!

*waves* Amandie!

hhm6
07-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Hey guys! I did my triathlon this morning!!! It was awesome. :carrot: I placed 5th in my age group, which isn't half bad. Now I'm looking into doing another one on September 15th... I'm ready to get training again :D

I made it my goal this week to maintain my weight or gain a bit if necessary (<1 lb) rather than lose - it seemed like the smartest plan to prepare for race day. I struggled with eating that many calories for the first half of the week, but then ate probably more than necessary in the second half of the week. I think it about evened out. I'm ready to go back to eating at a deficit though, it's a lot of work to eat this much! :p
I'll step on the scales tomorrow but I'm expecting it to be high. For one, I gashed up my leg from knee to ankle two days ago and I'm clearly retaining a lot of water from that (I can actually feel how fluid-swollen it is). Add in soreness from the race and eating so much the past few days and it's a recipe for massive water retention. But I'll be patient and wait for the scales to catch up with me again :)

Wow triathalon!!! Congrats girl!!! That's awesome! I have yet to prepare for any of sporting event but it sounds intense!! Hope your leg feels better!!

I think I'll join you all! I've been bouncing between 170.2 and 170.4...hoping to be in the 160's very soon!

*waves* Amandie!

woot!! Glad I'm not the only one that might be stuck here in the 160s when everyone leaves =)

GUYS I WAS 168 TODAY!!!!! that's a 1.5 lb loss from yesterday I'm so happy lowest I've seen in months!! wooot woot!! Rubidoux thank you thank you thank you for telling me about IF'ing!!!! it really is an empowering diet haha. Btw I will message you soon! I'm going to bu gymnema a little later, since my aunt just bought me a ton of tea from thailand that's supposed to curb sweets so we'll see how this goes!

amandie
08-01-2013, 03:56 PM
:wave: Hi, Thnknthin1!!

Chronostasis- I saw your thread, so sorry you're struggling right now. I effed up my knee(s) with Insanity and would prefer to use the elliptical than do some arm exercises and blah. You are freakin' awesome for completing a triathlon!!!!

Yay, Hmn6!! IF'ing is awesome. It totally helped with my night cravings and to help ignore any kind of hunger, knowing that the world isn't gonna end if I don't have this or that! :) I still do it from time to time if I really overindulge.

I got bumped up to 162.8 this am! Suckity, oh well! Still staying on plan, well kinda cutting back a little and trying to drink more water since I drank a lot of beer on Tuesday and not enough water! I usually alternate water and beer or any other alcoholic drinks but I figured I had enough water since it rained the whole time on the float trip, lol.

Hope you're holding up ok, Rubidoux!

hhm6
08-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks amandie!!

I was 168 again today, which is ok by me!! At least it's not the 170s! lol I hope I go down! I actually feel a bit skinnier so here's hoping it shows up on the scale too!!

Rubidoux, I forgot when you said you were taking the bar, but GOOD LUCK LADY!!

Harriette
08-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I am here finally! Now I can't wait to leave you all and get to the 150's :D

thnknthin1
08-05-2013, 08:50 AM
168.6 this morning....I am finally here!!!! And it only took me 1 1/2 years :)

amandie
08-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Whoo-hoo, Thnknthin1!!!

Hello, Harriette!

Hovering around 162.8. I'm starting to figure out my weird WL pattern. I pretty much only lose 1 week out of the whole month so not going to stress over it.