General Diet Plans and Questions - Doing our own thing - June 2003

View Full Version : Doing our own thing - June 2003

Cafe976
06-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey ladies - and anyone else who wants to hop in.

This is a continuation of the thread more recently titled "boot camp" to try to get us motivated and then "booty camp" when the collective sense of humor took over. I'm going back to the old name for no better reason than to call a few old posters out of the woodwork.

Each of us is on a different plan but we're here to give each other support, advice, and have a good time while we're at it. Anyone is welcome to join in.

I've filled the punch bowl with calorie-free virtual margaritas to kick off the summer, so let's get this party started.

(thanks for letting me make the thread this time, it was fun!)

~Cafe

SEMO
06-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks Cafe for starting us out on a new thread for June. Haven't been posting much lately, frankly there's not much going on for me right now. Work is still very busy and I haven't heard anything from the other job, but then she said it would be the last part of this week anyway. Still going back and forth on the pros and cons of the position, and can say honestly I don't know if I would accept it or not if it were offered. Sometimes I hate this place and am feeling that way at the moment, but then it's familar and I feel secure in my position here. My youngest son's girlfriends mother has found out that she has lung cancer and it can not be operated on (starts treatments Monday). The mother lives in FL and DS's GF has some issues with her mother and I've been trying to help her work thru some of her feelings. OMG, life can sure dish out some messes, but at least on the diet front, I'm doing okay and have mananged to get and stay below 170. My next mini goal is to get in the 150's by July 1st.

Well you guys have a great day, chat soon.

DNW
06-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi All:

We had a lovely weekend even though it didn't stop raining until we were on the way home yesterday. I was not thrilled with the bed and breakfast for a number of reasons and I will leave it at that. Expensive is not better!! Should have stayed at a Marriott or something. I confess I ate like a little old :moo: and my stomach is now craving fruits and veggies, badly. They had some full length mirrors in our room and I got to examine the old body from several angles and I was not happy with what was looking back at me so once again I vow to try, try again.

Plus after eating all the junk food I wanted....it wasn't such great food...I guess I am too used to eating healthier foods so it didn't really taste as wonderful as I thought. Oh well as BB King says, "The Thrill Is Gone".

Cafe: thanks for the new thread...

Got to start walking again in the morning, drinking water and walk away from crap food!!

Take care all!

Tigerlily
06-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi All!
Thanks for the new party hang-out Cafe. :cb:

SEMO, what is your final goal? 20 pounds doesnt sound like a mini goal! I'm 5'10", so 150'S would be ideal for me.

That's 49 pounds I need to loose to get there. Forty-Nine.
49 divided by 2. 25 weeks. 6 months. I'm going to set a mini goal of 10lbs by 4th of July. I am so unhappy at this weight. It can't go on!
The last time I lost 15lbs...and now regained....it's all landed in my stomach area...instead of distributed evenly all over my body like before. It's not a pretty sight.
IT'S TIME TO KICK *BLEEP* AND GET SERIOUS!

SEMO
06-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Tig, I mean get into the 150's as in 159.99! Ha... 150 is my final goal, I'm 5'6". I'm 169 now so that's 9.1 pounds for the month. Well, maybe that is too much to expect to lose 2.25 pounds for four weeks straight. :D Perhaps I should revise...........

Tigerlily
06-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Semo, ahhh, I see. I thought you meant 150. 150's...ok. You can do that. I give my permission. :)

Jello
06-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Oh guys I'm so glad to see you here! I NNNNNNEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD you!! :cry: I'm scared and bordering on the brink of terror ....

Saw the doctor yesterday morning. Long story short - I have to have a hysterectomy! Oh SH*T!! Actually I'm OK until I start to think about it all. And I can't have the vaginal or laprascopy one - have to have the full fledged slice me down the middle one. It's because of my past cancer and he wants to be able to "go in and check everything out" and ....

Oooh just the thought of it is making me woozy..... :shrug: I made the big mistake (??) of going to the internet and researching a little. It talks about recovery time and pain and side effects and .... Yuck.

OK, good news. I have a little time. He can't get it into his surgical schedule until beginning of July (tentatively the 8th) and doesn't see any reason to rush it. Other good news. I don't have to be at work for 3-4 weeks at least. ;) I guess I have the entire month of July off, pretty much. Oh darn, boss. Oh how I'll miss you....

NOT.

I'm trying to look beyond the surgery and the hospital and the pain and other gross stuff and keep telling myself I'll feel so much better when it's over, etc. I'm picturing myself hanging out on the backyard swing, listening to the radio and reading fashion magazines while the rest of the world is at work. I'm trying to look at this as a new start and when I'm feeling really good (for the first time in years!!) I'll be able to get in the exercise and feel the power to stay on program and all that other good stuff. :^:

But meanwhile .... I Want My Mommmmmmmy!!!!!!

Whew. Do you guys know that I actually feel better having just written all this!?!?! What magic you guys have! :wizard:

SEMO
06-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Jello, ((((hugs)))) You picked a heck of a way to get out of work, girl! My niece had the same thing a few months ago (38 years old) and said that, had she only known how much better she felt, that she would have had it done much sooner. Yes, you'll feel pretty rotten for a few days but then it's all better each day after that. Her's was the full surgery too. You hang in there and we love ya!

huntress
06-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey!

I like-a the new thread. I like-a it a lot!

Jello - Lots and lots of :grouphug: :chockiss: :chockiss: Take care sweetie and try not to stress too much.

Things are much better around here lately. A little quieter with my son & daughter gone for the summer. It's kinda nice not having so many demands made of my time. I'm watching what I eat much more carefully lately. Got a bunch of lean cuisines on sale and some fruit so I'm set. With this heat I'm drinking lots of water and have been swimming a little. I can't deal with walking right now though. I found out today that my tryglicerides have dropped over 100 points, that made me feel pretty good too.

DNW - Sorry your trip wasn't everthing you'd hoped it would be.

Sorry I'm not so talkative lately, I kinda feel like Semo. There's not really anything exciting going on just regular stuff. I'm kinda boring.

LJ

Tigerlily
06-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey Girls!
It's grocery day today. I have to take my kids, so hard telling what I will come home with. :dizzy: Something about being in the store with 11 and 6 year old boys that makes my brain go whacky.

Jello, :grouphug: Sounds like you are looking at the positives. July off work, feeling better and...good bye Aunt Flo! :cool:

:wave:

Jello
06-04-2003, 12:46 PM
OMG!!!! Tiger! I'd forgotten all about that!!!!! What a dope I am! :rolleyes: No more visits from Aunt Flo!!! Oh how I'll miss that old broad. :lol:

Thanks for the support you guys. I'm feeling a little better about this each day. Now I'm putting my mind to getting my ducks in a row, so to speak. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

(Sorry! No "duck" smilies. LOL)

Anyway, I'm trying to get things organized at work, trying to line up people to fill in for the different things I do. (Geez, I work hard! :smug: ) Trying to put things where the folks that need to find them can find them, etc. I work for a very small company and word travels fast around here. Half of the people here already know, it seems. I can't say as I like that idea much but it's that way with everything around here.

Now on to other stuff...

Cafe, good job of getting us "caught up" with the new thread! I like that we've gone back to our original name. (Although a little "booty" is never a bad thing. :devil: ) P.S. Good margaritas!

Huntress, it should be easier to eat right with the kids gone for a while, eh? Not as many mouths to please. Yeah, right. Look who's talking. I have no kids. What's my excuse? :rolleyes:

Semo, yeah some people will do anything to get a little vacation time, eh. LOL. I was talking to the benefits lady about short term disability and she told me that I can't do any work from home if I want to qualify. Hey, OK. No problem! BTW, keep us posted on your job situation.

DNW, sorry about the weather during your trip. Yeah, sometimes the smaller, less expensive places are better, aren't they? Interesting that you didn't find the bad-for-you food quite as tasty as you used to though. I've found that sometimes myself. :chin:

Gotta run. Stuff to do. Later!

Cafe976
06-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Hey ladies!

Glad to hear that you like our new funhouse - speaking of which:

Umm Huntress? That tray with white stuff - that's salt for dipping your margarita glasses in. Yeah, so there's really no need for you to lick the rim of the punch bowl. That's right. :devil:

Jello! I'm so sorry that you have to have surgery. But it does sound like you're going at it with the right attitude! I like the porch swing idea. :goodvibes:

Speaking of Aunt Flo - a friend of mine who is going through menopause and had her period for the first time in a year. She was so surprised - she said, "I felt lousy for 3 days! I forgot how it was - it's strange to think I dealt with that every month." So think about it - once more and you're done! I think you'll be feeling better when you throw away your boxes of tampons.

Huntress - sorry for the teasing. In all seriousness I'm just THRILLED for you re: triglicerides -100!!! That is so awesome! You must be fired up with motivation, hearing that.

Tiger - G R O A N - I'm with you - the time to get serious has arrived.

DNW - Maybe I need to add "full length mirror" to my shopping list. :hmm:

SEMO, I guess I'm feeling like you and Huntress, lots going on but nothing interesting to talk about? Congrats on your overall progress thus far - you are right to remind yourself of the bigger picture.

All right - I have to confess that I went out with friends and allowed myself to be suckered into a lunch that was far too large. WHY didn't I just order a salad???

Disgusted ~ Cafe

DNW
06-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Wow it's still raining and I am turning into a pile of mildew....Y-e-e-c-c-h-h-!!!

Jello: Start taking alot of Vit. C now and until you get the hysterectomy. It will help you to heal faster. Have you also thought about getting a 2nd opinion before you do this though? Also can he save at least one of your ovaries so that you don't go into instant menopause?? Because if he takes out both the ovaries there goes all your estrogen.

I wish you the best and I know with your previous history you can't take any chances but you do have a right to ask a lot of questions and get another opinion if you want it. Good Luck!!

Tiger: 6 and 11 year boys...h-m-m-m that would be a hard one for me, to not want to get the little guys anything they wanted at the grocery store.

Semo: It sounds to me as though you have already made your decision...you don't want to go to that place where bosses are not nice enough to reprimand staff in private...do you? Whatever decsion you make go with your heart and your gut...I am jealous of your weight loss but in a good way becasue you worked so hard and I am very motivated to be where you are so I am going to be going out to buy another exercise tape since I believe it will never stop raining out here anytime soon.

Cafe: It's true the old name sounds great and it feels comfy like when I first started posting here last September!! Now where is that Tiffany?

Huntress: Where are your kids going for the summer? Anyplace interesting? You will be a bachelorette for a few months how lucky is that?

Well I am back on plan and Bob believes I need to have more integrity with regard to my food so now the DH wants to be part of the weight loss process...ah well I need all the help I can get.

Smoochies to all :grouphug:

brighterdays
06-05-2003, 01:02 AM
Hi all,

Jello: You are such a feisty chick that you'll be be-boppin' around town in no time! Sorry to hear you can't have the belly button/bandaid kind but a little extra vitamin C and lots of good protein packed foods and you will heal in no time, girl! Sounds like you are getting them in order at work....amazing how many jobs you have and things that only you know, huh? Sounds as if you will be sorely missed during your recovery.....

Tiger: Just wait till your teenagers go shopping with you and you don't realize you have extra purchases in the cart until you get to checkout! The goofy smiles melt you and you end up buying it all anyway!

DNW: Sorry about the soggy trip! Sounds as if DH will be a good motivator!

Cafe: Thanks for the cool drink! A 0 calorie margarita sounds nice....

Huntress: hey, girl, you have quiet? I could use a bit of that and swimming weather here, too.

SEMO: everything seems to happen for a reason and I'm sure the job that's for you will eventually be clear....you're a smart woman. I just hope the one that loses you realizes just WHAT they lost!

Was supposed to be in bed long ago but had to say hi to the buds...take care all and I'll try to get back before the weekend.

"Bright"

Jello
06-05-2003, 09:37 AM
OK, so last night I had a dream that I had the surgery, was out for a month and, when I came back to work, they'd found out they don't need me anymore. Oh great. Just one more psychoses to deal with! :dizzy:

Just to add to all that, I've got a cold. Mostly a sore throat and "hacking" cough. Well, I guess it's better now than a month from now, eh? Meanwhile, I'm throwing vitamin C at it so now I have two reasons for the vitamin C, eh DNW?

Went to Curves last night. Afterward, Rich picked me up in the pouring rain and we were headed home but decided to make a quick stop at the VFW. Ran into another couple we hadn't seen in a while. She just had a laser cone biopsy last Friday, something I've had a few of in my time, so we compared notes while the boys talked computers and power tools and whatever else boys talk about while we gals are discussing important issues. :lol: She's also very "artsy" and gave me some ideas on what to do with my very pink room at home - sponging and glaze, etc.

Oh speaking of Curves! Forgot to tell you I got weighed and measured last Friday. Weight was ... UP 2 pounds. :mad: But the girl kept talking about muscle weighing more than fat, etc. and I kept saying (trying to convince myself :^: ) that the number on the scale wasn't as important to me as measurements and how I look and how my clothes fit, etc. And lo and behold, I'd lost inches on every single part of this old bod'! :dance: Forget the actual numbers but it made me feel a whole lot better. Still loving the Curves classes! :D

I have to run now. Boss just called in from his cell phone. Goes through a whole list of things he wants me to do and then ends the call with "I'll be there in about 10 minutes". Like it couldn't wait. :rolleyes: Well, guess I'd better get started...

P.S. Hey DNW, our weather guy says we might actually see the sun this afternoon. I'll believe it when I see it, how 'bout you?

Cafe976
06-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Good morning, gals!

I'm very tired this a.m. after an extended scrabble-fest last night. Don't know how I'm going to make it.

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2914637.jpg You with me, Bright?

DNW - hope you dry out soon! Looks like we'll be in the same boat over the weekend with rain - not one day on the extended forecast didn't have SOME percentage of chance of rain.

Jello - Congrats on the inches lost! Don't pay attn. to the lb's that can change so quick for females as you well know. Believe me, no matter how you parcel out your work they will still need you. In our department, people seem to pass the baton for maternity leave and things, but once the person has been out for a week the baton hits the ground on 80% of the stuff. It just waits until they come back. Don't know if that makes you feel better or not.... :lol: but it's true.

SEMO
06-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Hi Girls. Got my lazy butt back on the exercise machine last night. I really don't mind it once I get started, it's just the getting started that's the hard part.

Check out this site if you get a chance.

www.commuteraerobics.com/

Boss stopped a while ago to pick something up off the printer and tried to read Jello's post, guess all the cute smilies caught his attention. I just politely reduced the window......:nose:

Haven't heard anything about the other job, I go from one firm decision to the next. Maybe they won't call, then it would be easier.

Jello, :bravo: On the inches lost! Will Curves put your membership on hold while you are out for medical leave? Oh and don't worry about your job, they will be kissing your feet when you get back, (right after they dump all your work back on your desk.)

Well back to work, chat later.

zadie k
06-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Hello,
I do not normally post herre and just kinda browse, but...

Jello - I had a radical hysterectomy just over two years ago (cervical cancer that they were worried had spread so they took out the ovaries and a bunch of lymph nodes as well). I too read the internet stuff and freaked myself out. But, it is something that you can handle pretty darn well. The pain is not too bad becuase they give you the good drugs. It sucks being in the hospital, but once you get home and your main job is to sit and take periodic pain medication the recovery is very fast. I had my surgery in late December and was back in school by mid January. Just stay healthy, eat well and for goodness sake get someone to bring you non-hospital food while you are in the hospital.

Also, ignore the weight when they weigh you after the surgery becuase they pump you full of fluids (it goes away in a week or so).

zadie

Cafe976
06-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Zadie - what a dear you are to drop in and tell Jello your experience! It SO helps to know others have done what's scary to us. Feel free to hang out, if you want, we're a fairly friendly bunch. :goodvibes:

SEMO - I have done that to one boss a few times. Recently he said, "You know that doesn't work on me - I know you're really doing something else. It doesn't matter as long as MY stuff is done." (he doesn't care if the others' work is done, LOL!) Anyway, I said, "Yes, I know I can't fool YOU but WHAT I'm typing - that isn't your business either way."

:lol:

As soon as I said it, I couldn't believe I did. Edited to add: I really do work most of the time!

And: I loved the computer aerobics. Especially the ab exercises! As a bonus, now I truly know that my shoulder tension is bad - my muscles snap and crunch when I do the uper body ones. Massage time!

huntress
06-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Hey! Whats up?

Where the heck is Tiffany? I think she's just teasing us! Now come on girlie I know your not too busy to come 'hang' with us from time to time.

Cafe - I love being teased, it's fun! Of course if you can't take it don't dish it out :devil: Ya just never know what I might say!:lol: Hey, I was in complete shock when I found out about the tryglicerides. I had no idea that 30 #'s could make that much difference. How's your hangover?

Thanks to all of you who did your little rain dances and sent them my way. We have been fortunate enough to have about 3 days of hit and miss thunderstorms. It's really made a difference temperature wise also. I'm sending the sunshine to DNW and anybody else who needs it for the time being.

DNW - My oldest daughter moved into an apartment a month or so ago and my son is working as a counselor for the boy scouts at a camp in San Marcos most of the summer. It really has been nice with the house fairly quiet. My youngest is still here. She's 17 and pretty much self reliant. It just really make a big difference with 2 out of 3 gone. Good luck getting back on track! I know you can do it especially now that deadnurse is going to be supportive. What kind of plan do you have in mind?

SEMO - Hope that your job issue is resolved soon. It must be stressful waiting and not knowing. I haven't checked out the commuter aerobics yet but it sounds interesting.

zadie k - Come back and see us any old time. As you can see we're a bunch of crazy ladies having a good time (and trying to lose weight too)

Jello - Congrats on the lost inches! :high:

Hope you all have big weekend plans and have a great time doing whatever it is you like to do. Boy it sure was quiet here last time.

Catch you all later

LJ

Jello
06-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Hey Zadie, thanks! :) Your post really really helped. Surgery in December and back to "life" in January? Sounds good to me! My cancer was ovarian and the doctor wants to do the "long involved version" of the surgery just so he can check everything and make sure there's no other cancer or problems there. Looking forward to the good drugs! :lol:

So Semo, your boss have any advice for me? :lol: Seriously, I can't count the number of times I've had to hit that little box to minimize my active screen window. People, please! Don't you have any of your own "work" to do?

Huntress, glad you're happy with your rainy weather. Out this way, we were all terribly frightened when a big bright thing appeared in the sky yesterday afternoon. Something called a "sun"??? :?: Hadn't seen that in so very long! It's here again today but supposed to fade away for the weekend. Grumble. :mad:

Cafe, loved the coffee smilie!!!

Girls, my sore throat is now a full-fledged cold. I'm all stuffed up even with the Nyquil, Dayquil, Sudafed, Zicam and Vitamin C. :sp: Can you say medication fiend? Hate this feeling. But, as I said, at least it's now and not a month from now. Guess they wouldn't do the surgery if I was sick, eh?

Gotta run. Oh and ... TGIF!!! :cb:

huntress
06-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Hey Jello - Be sure to drink LOTs of fluids. Get to feeling better soon.

LJ

Cafe976
06-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Huntress, You funny! Your relative solitude sounds marvelous.

BTW, gang - Did I mention that I used all my letters on a triple word score at the scrabble-fest? :smug:

Jello on drugs... hm. :hyper:

TGIF!! Got no plans for the weekend but my sis is still in town until Sunday so I'm sure there will be something in the cards.

Went for a LONG brisk walk on my lunch hour (yesterday) - was thinking about how proud you guys would be...

back later, I hope.

Tigerlily
06-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Happy Friday! I think. :rolleyes:
First a pipe breaks, downstairs is wet...luckily didnt get the new drywall. Had to buy another dehumidifier to help dry things up. Cha-ching, couple hundred bucks. Then, went out to mow and the mower wouldn't start. CHA CHING. I'm counting my pennies as I watch the grass grow.

Cafe, walking on lunch hour. Good Girl! Walking has been the only exercise I've been getting. Yesterday, 2 hours walking in the warehouse style home improvement store. :p

This weekend, family from Texas will be in Indiana. 2 hour drive with the boys to meet up with the family. :headache:

The kids need me. "Duct Tape" keeps pop'n in my mind. :devil:

Tigerlily
06-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Huh, everyone bailed early today, eh?
Well, bad luck has continued. DH spending the nite in the hospital. Pneomina (sp?). I would have liked to stay there with him, but I have the boys. DH needs his rest anyway. They think he'll be able to come home tomorrow. The doc talked like he should have found his way to the hospital sooner, but DH stubborn fool.
To make life even more grand, I took the boys to DQ for a Blizzard Treat. stupid, stupid, stupid.
I'm gonna curl up with my boys, the dog and a Disney Movie.
Hope everyone is having a decent weekend.
:ink:

huntress
06-08-2003, 08:31 PM
HEY!

Where is everbody this weekend?

I'm so proud of myself, I've stayed OP all weekend. No screw-ups...YEAAA! Hope you're all doing good. Looking forward to a new week.

LJ

Cafe976
06-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Tiger - Hope your DH is feeling better now! What a rough weekend. :( Kids, dog, Disney movie sounds like a perfect recipe for comfort, though!

Huntress - I'm so proud of you! I wish I could say the same, LOL! However, now that my sis has gone back to the left coast, hopefully the turbulence will settle and I can be back on track all week this week.

You've inspired me - I'm setting a 5-day minigoal of staying strictly OP! Wedding on Friday night, so I'm acknowledging that I'll probably have cake then. "Exceptions" have gotten to be a habit, I'm afraid, and I don't ever want to say this is the LAST exception... So we'll see how this goes - if it works then I'll set my next mini-goal period. Maybe it's the new twist that I need to get unstuck.

Happy Monday, everyone!

:goodvibes:

Jello
06-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Geez, Tiger. {{{TIGER}}} Hugs to you. Sounds like you're getting put through the wringer lately. Hope DH is better.

Huntress, congratulations!!! Weekends are always tough but you're tougher! :strong:

Me, I spent the entire weekend in bed ... and not in a good way. ;) I felt so lousy - all stuffed up and hacking my head off. Lots of drugs and plenty of fluids later and I'm feeling better. Not 100% but certainly much better. Didn't help that the entire weekend was gray, cold and rainy. Ah but it's Monday and the sun's out. Go figure. :rolleyes:

OK, some of you are moms out there, right? So what, do you develop this psychic radar when you become a mom or what? Saturday evening, I'd just dropped off to sleep when the phone rang. It was mom. Just the old "haven't talked to you in a while and was wondering about you and wanted to ask if you've had any more problems with your 'insides' and was thinking about the last time you were in the hospital and...". Well, I hadn't planned on telling her until the surgery was all scheduled and set in stone but I ended up telling her the whole story. Just as well, I guess, but I didn't want her to worry. But I guess that's what moms do? :love:

Boss was actually here on time this morning and has been dumping stuff on me ever since. He's on vacation for a week starting on Friday and then has a trade show in Germany the next week so he's trying to drive me crazy enough to hold me over for the next two weeks. :dizzy: Guess I'd better be off. Later!

huntress
06-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey Jello - Question? I was just reading the new Womans World and the weight loss article this time was about Curves. Did they put you on a meal plan? Was just curious since it was mentioned in the article.

Hope you're all having a good day!

LJ

Jello
06-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Huntress, good question. Answer is nope. But from what I understand, there is an eating program that you can follow. There's a book out by the founder of Curves and I understand that it has some sort of low-carb food plan. Been meaning to pick up the book, just haven't gotten around to it just yet. The Curves website (www.curvesinternational.com) has just a little information about the book and the plan ... just enough to peak my interest. ;) One of these days, I'll get to a book store.

Speaking of Curves, I went last night and then walked home and was totally pumped! Had enough energy to do some laundry, scrub the kitchen floor, move some furniture and do a few other odds and ends. :strong: Who was that white tornado!?!?! :cool:

Better get some work done. Have to leave here in 20 minutes or so for a doctor's appointment. Then another one next Monday to finalize surgery plans. :stress: Tell me again how I'll feel better when this is all over....

Later!

Cafe976
06-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Jello - listen while we whisper the magic words...

~~~ n o m o r e p e r i o d c r a m p s ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~ e v e r ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hang in there, sweetie!

Ya know, I think you're taking the right approach with curves, keep doing the exercise part until it becomes a habit - THEN go look up that book. I'm glad you're having so much fun with it - I think that's what we need is lots of positive feedback from doing the right thing until we get reprogrammed to love it.

Huntress - I see you lashing that tail around! How are things, girlie?

~Cafe, on a morning that looks like rain but everyone says isn't going to rain... and she sure hopes they're right because 5/6 of her workgroup is supposed to go golf this afternoon meaning peace and quiet here at the office...

SEMO
06-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Hello, just a quick stop to say I'm still druding along.

Tig, How's your hubby? Hope he is felling back to normal by now. BTW, what ever happened with the email theft? Did they find out who did it or do anything about it?

Jello, dreading it, is probably a whole lot worst than having it done. You'll be up an at 'em in no time. You're young and healthy, taking vitamin C, so you'll bounce back quickly.

Cafe, :flow1: :flow1: sending sunshine your way. When you're finished send it back. We are suposed to have rain everyday for the rest of the week. Then again I might be able to get caught up if it did...........

I've heard NOTHING from the interview. I do know that they have not hired anyone as of yesterday. Still flip flopping back and forth.:chin: I do know that this spring, by far, has been the worst in several years. I'm tired :tired: and don't know if I can do this many more years........... Damn, I'm getting old, social security is looking better all the time!

No more time, so everyone else I'm thinking about ya.

Love you guys! :grouphug:

Tigerlily
06-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Hello Everyone!
DH is home from the hospital. Doc told him not to go back to work until next Monday. But, he says he's going in Thursday. We'll see.:s:

Semo, that was Tiff's email that was stolen. We had an ICQ number snatched one time. Oooh Tiiiffffianyyyy?!

Not feeling real "talky". Need to clean, organize and get my head screwed on straight. :dizzy:

sassysus
06-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi Jello!

I am new here but i read your post about having a hysterectomy next month. I am 32 and I had a hysterectomy in November. For me it was the best thing I ever did-I had severe endometriosis and pain every day of the month. I am pain free now and loving every minute of it! I had a total hysteresctomy(leaving the ovaries) . I wasn't able to have a lap, I had to have the abdominal cut. If you have had cancer they will take your ovaries, because it feeds on estrogen. Hope all goes well. Feel free to pm me if you want more info or to chat.:cool:

Jello
06-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Well, girls, I'm back from the doctor. I am NOT a happy camper. :mad: Surgery has been rescheduled to July 29. Scheduling problems, etc. I wanted to have it over and done with sooner but I guess I'll have to accept it. Grumble. And I was soooo looking forward to having surgery! :rolleyes:

Thanks again girls for all your support! :grouphug:

Hey Sassysus! Welcome! Thank you to you too for the info! :) I've been hearing from lots of women who say the same thing - how it was the best thing they ever did, etc. Yeah, I'm having the abdominal too because of past ovarian cancer. Only have one ovary left so they might as well take that too. :^:

Sorry, bad "surgery humor". I'm tryin'.

Tiger, glad DH is home again. Now you TELL him to take it easy. Hide his keys if necessary!

Semo, I know you're right. Just thinking about it is probably worse than the actual thing. That's the reason I'm most upset about this delay. Seems the doc. has to do it at a certain hospital because of my stupid insurance and they have certain schedules to maintain, etc. Stupid :censored: insurance companies. One of the best things the nurse told me during all the forms and paperwork this morning was that SHE was going to take care of contacting the insurance company and deal with all THEIR forms and paperwork. Whew!

Cafe, ~nomoreperiodcramps~ ~goodbyeauntflo~ ~passbytheaisleofthestorewiththe"littlebluebox"init~

Hey, it's tough to type without putting in spaces! :lol: And speaking of typing, I've got to dive into this pile of it. I was gone 2 hours, seems like 2 days....

DNW
06-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Jello: I am glad you are getting used to the idea of the surgery, and it looks like from posts of others you'll be fine in no time...still no one likes this type of thing so I can appreciate your apprehension...and then of course there is the delay until July 29th....and I so agree about the insurance companies...may they all rot in ****...I spend more time on the phone straightening out their idiocy.

Cafe: Your mini-goal sounds very workable and I hear you on having everyone in the office go bye-bye...I love it when they are not here...then I have time to write to my girls on 3FC!

Huntress: Good for you staying on program over the weekend. I am proud of you! I am getting more rigorous with my food plan because my knees have now officially started to bother me....well that means I am offically OLD and FAT!! :mad: Also I need to exercise as the aches and the pains are coming back mucho grande.

Semo: I just have an icky feeling about that job; call it my intuition. But I know you will do what you have to do. Also I ordered the Leslie Sansome 3 pack of Walk A Way the Pounds as I keep using the excuse of no sun and all rain, not to walk. Well once I get the tapes, unless the roof falls in, it should stay dry in my living room. Guess you'll be seeing me at the Exercise Challenge thread soon...'cause I feel old and decrepit from not exercising.

Tiger: Glad to hear DH is better....but if the doctor says next back to work next Monday...maybe you better lock DH in the bedroom...those boys don't know what's good for them...I go through this with Deadnurse all the time...and then he gets sick again!!

Quilter: Where are you?

Bright: Ditto?

As for me I am getting my rear in gear, feeling good emotionally (thank you little Prozac pills!!), and motivated. It's amazing what a little more serotonin in this menopausal brain can accomplish. So glad I didn't let myself suffer endlessly with this...thinking it would go away. Going to try small min-goals like Cafe and see what happens. Today I am just going to try to stay on program...one meal at a time.

Sassysus: Welcome and please come back!! We love new people on this thread and everyone is so nice here...present company included :lol:

Smoochies!! :grouphug:

Jello
06-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Just popping in! Really busy here at work but it looks like so is everyone one else. :shrug:

Stopped at Barnes and Noble last night and picked up the Curves book. Just had a chance to leaf through it so far but I like the way it starts with talking about how we never MAKE the time to exercise or plan meals, etc. So true. We've got to start thinking about US. Hey, I like this idea. :smug:

Anyway, I'm jumping back into this pile of paperwork so I'll sign off for now. Talk to you all later!

Cafe976
06-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Hump Day!!!

Hi, girls. :hyper:

Sassy - Thanks for dropping in! We're a friendly bunch, so hang out if you're so inclined!! We could always use some fresh ideas.

Well listen to this - I have done a strange thing. 2 nights in a row DH and I have sat down, at the table, with no appliances on, to eat dinner together. :eek: Bizarro! Why is this such a strange phenomenon? It was so... oddly comforting! Guess what - this was not any harder than wolfing down whatever was *finally* ready over on the couch in front of the TV! :lol: But seriously, it was such a good, peaceful, family-like feeling! Who knew?

Made me stop to think about eating for a minute. Is structured eating more satisfying? Hmmm.

SEMO- Maybe it's time to give them a courtesy call to thank them for the interview and see if there's any additional info they might need from you? Hang in there! I'll try sending you some rain! :devil:

Tiger- How's the full house? :dizzy: Nah, you're probably having a blast with all your boys!

Jello- Insurance, paperwork, delays, ARGH! Still, more time to get the house ready so you can relax while you're home w/o seeing work all around? {{hugs}}

DNW- Glad to hear you're feeling so much better and rarin' to go now. :) I like youre WATP plan - no excuses!

Gotta run - Cafe

Tigerlily
06-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey!
Is it Friday yet? My days are all mixed up with DH being home. He went to work today, but hope he doesn't stay all day. Although, good to have him out of the house for a few hours so I can vacuum and fluff his pillows. :p

My self-care has fallen way off track and my diet journal is lost under a pile of bills.
*waiting for the last straw to break the camels back*

Jello
06-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Well, for me, it is Friday. :p I took off tomorrow, just 'cuz. I've been looking too long at those very pink walls in that room I painted. Got some ideas about toning it down with some sponging and glaze techniques so that's my project for tomorrow. Then I get to finally put all the furniture back in place.... and maybe buy a few things.... ;)

Last night, I had these pre-formed turkey burgers cooked on the grill. Didn't have buns so we just used light bread. Some ketchup and pickles. Boy were they good! Unfortunately, I didn't get the nutritional info from the label before I repacked them and put them in the freezer and I can't remember where I bought them. Hope they were good for me. :^:

After Curves last night, I walked home as usual. One house I walked past had some kids sitting out in the front yard, just hanging around. After I passed the house, I heard stones and pebbles hitting the ground and the parked car near me. They were throwing stones at me!!! :mad: I was so mad and was going to call the police when I got home. One of the neighbors was out and he told me that they're a bunch of juvenile delinquents and the police never do anything about them!!! Little :censored: !!! Guess I won't be walking home that way again! It was strange because it's a good neighborhood and there were lots of other people out and kids playing, etc. Just that one house apparently. What a shame. :(

Tiger, shake all that straw out when you shake out DH's pillows! Hurry, while the camel's still standing! Take a deep breath and pull your journal out from under the bills. Do it for you. Just 5 minutes - just for you.

Yeah, easy for me to say, right? I'm not even sure where my journal and great meal menu planning I was going to do this month may have gone! :?:

Cafe, now tell me again about this eating at a real table with real plates and silverware and real conversation.... ????? Sounds very interesting. What a concept! Maybe I'll dig my dining room table out from under all that "stuff" too!

Back to work now. Boss's last day before his 1 week vacation and then his 1 week trip to Germany. He's a madman.

SEMO
06-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Good Morning My 3FC Friends....... Yes, I'm in a good mood and really don't know why. We got 4.5 inches of rain within 24 hours and our little baby soybeans are drowning. DNW send some of your happy pills.... I'm finally getting caught up little by little.

Still hovering at 169, got to start watching more of what I'm eating.

Tig, You have had a heck of few months, I hope it's all good sailing from here.

Cafe, I'm not calling on the job, I know this sounds wierd but I really don't know if I would switch anyway, so I'm just leaving it in the Lord's hands. I did have a talk with my friend about the "incident in the lobby" and he assures me that this is very much out of their "normal" behavior. BTW send back the sunshine! LOL

Jello, still have that white tornado going? Nervous engery!

DNW, I've been really bad on the exercising...... don't know what happened but I've got to get started back. It was sort of. Okay, I'm done with challenge so I can stop now, feeling. UGH

Huntress, are you getting lonely with an empty house yet? It's nice for a few days but then I'm ready for the noise.

Hello to Bright, Tif, Dyam and anyone that I've forgotten.

Cafe976
06-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey chickas!~

Tig - I'm with Jello - don't wait for the back to be broken - send that straw FLYING out of your house!

Jello - I had some turkey burgers the other night too - light buns & all. :yes: Turkey is like beef - it comes in various grades of leanness. I noticed that our grocery store had a tremendous special on packaged ground turkey that was only 85% lean - right after the mad cow was found in Canada. I usually buy the 97% lean, but I couldn't resist 4 pounds for $5. Thus the grill, to cook out the fat. And lemme tell you, you wouldn't believe the goo that came out. :p

Don't let those punks kill your joy - just walk on the other side. It's not personal, there's always a few bad apples who want everyone to be as miserable as them. Zero that negative feedback, especially when you're doing something that deserves a reward!

SEMO - you make total sense to me! Big decisions, I always pray over them too. Sometimes there's a door #3 that you didn't know was going to pop up. Cloudy here - sunshine headed your way I hope.

So yeah, actual dishes, actual table. weird, huh? I've been leaving the placemats, napkins, salt & pepper on the table - so once it hits the plate - it actually takes a moment of self discipline not to plop in front of the TV but - once we're seated, it's quite nice! And practically zero effort. It's like a date - only not! I ask again: who knew???

Sigh - well I've been typing this in between tasks all morning, so I'm going to hit the button and see who else posted in the meantime!

Cafe976
06-12-2003, 02:25 PM
answer: no one.

Hey Tig, I've got a song for you to sing in the shower!

I'm gonna wash that straw right out of my hair,
I'm gonna wash that straw right out of my hair
And send it ON ITS WAY!

OK, that was lame. Plus it makes it sound like you took a roll in the hay! :o

Has anyone ever actually sang that song in the shower? It's so feminist, it's fun! And I'm not much of a feminist. Makes me smile, tho!

Jello
06-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Geez, Cafe. We're gonna' leave you alone on this forum more often. Loved your last post. Washing out the hay, rolling in the hay, what the hay!? :rolleyes: I like you, you're fun. :D

Well, I've got less than an hour to go before MY weekend begins. Can't hardly wait. I've got the evening mapped out - have to stop at Home Depot and a couple other places. Then it's home to prepare my li'l pink room for its transformation. Got lots of home improvement plans for the weekend. Yes, Semo, still the white tornado! Hope nothing happens to change all that!

Speaking of things that might change my mood and kill my ambition, I'm getting myself a little PMS here. Aunt Flo's coming up the street and about to knock on my door. Not too many more visits from her, I just keep telling myself. :p

Well, gotta go. Lots to finish up before I get to wash big bossman outta' my hair! :s:

Giggle giggle giggle....

P.S. No worries Cafe. I'll just walk over one more block before I cross to my street. Little punks. Hope they someday become the garbage men or door-to-door toilet salesmen or dog-food tasters or whatever it is they're destined to become in their lives. So there. :smug:

SEMO
06-12-2003, 06:24 PM
OMG Jello, Dog food tasters, I'm soooooo tickled by that one. I bet you TOLD 'em all when you were a child, didn't you! Still laughing.

Cafe976
06-13-2003, 11:12 AM
LOL!! Dog food tasters! That's a good one.

Hope you're having lots of fun today with your lil' pink room, Jello.

Cafe~ Here but waiting for Friday to be over with! My vision is a little blurry and I hope that doesn't mean a migraine is coming my way. As soon as my tea cools down enough, I'm going to make a preemptive strike with my drug of choice.

I actually have lots of little tasks piled up this morning - hoping I can complete them and kick back this afternoon.

Tigerlily
06-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Friday! I sure hope life starts to resemble something normal by next week. DH took his sick self to work again today, he's improving.

DNW, how's your plan going with DN's help? I wish my "weigh in with the DH plan" a couple months ago would have worked. He just wasnt interested and I wasn't firm about dragging the scale out and making him watch. :^:

Dog food tasters. :lol: I once tried to explain to DS where some mean kids would end up one day. I'll have to remember that one.

Tomorrow, cook out at my parents with lots of family. Wish I had lost some of this stupid weight. I can hear it now. "gee, she's gained weight". I don't know what I'm going to wear. It's suppose to be hot/humid. cry.

*trying to shake off the straw*....

Cafe976
06-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Tiger - Hope you have fun at the cookout anyway! By now, you have found something fun to wear, I hope.

All - have a great weekend!!

Jello
06-16-2003, 10:17 AM
My li'l pink room is BEE-U-T-FUL!! I started to do the glazing technique like the lady at the Home Depot demonstrated. Hated it. :( Fortunately, it wiped right off. Instead I got an old scrubber brush and did this sponging/light brushing technique with it. Just a little white paint/glaze pattern over the pink. Toned it down and added texture. Then added my light pink dyed curtains and a green ivy swag with little pink flowers added. A pastel blue, green and pink throw rug, a pink flowered runner over the dresser ... well, you get the idea. Darn, I'm good. :cool:

One room down, 8 more to go..... :rolleyes:

Pink room took 2 days and lots of sweat and exercise. (Tough to do with cramps but I guess I'll "enjoy" Aunt Flo while she's still around because I'm going to kill her soon. :devil: ) Sunday, I got a new burst of energy and decided to go out and straighten out the shed in the back yard. 6 hours, 4 trash cans and 7 trash bags later, the shed is also beautiful. Well, as beautiful as a weed wacker and some gardening tools can be, I guess. :lol:

Best part - no time to eat!!! Lots of exercise, got in plenty of water and ate very little. Take that, Aunt Flo! :snooty:

Tiger, how'd the cookout go? Your family sounds like mine. Well, I mean the distant relatives anyway like my snobby Aunt Rose that I only see 2 or 3 times a year ... and that's plenty. Hope you had a good time.

Cafe, whisper those magic words again, would you? I will so NOT miss this crampy, achy feeling! :mad:

Big news ... well, for me anyway. I read some of the Curves book and have officially started their weight-loss program. Actually, they have two: low-carb or low-calorie. I took the quiz and it looks like I should try the low-carb and so that's what I'm doing. Never tried that before. It's 2 weeks and then you add some carbs. Couldn't hurt. :shrug: So I went to the food store early Sunday before the crowds and stocked up for 2 weeks worth of menus. Then I went home and split up all the food (chicken breasts, ground turkey, cheese, etc.) into individual servings. I'm going into this new program gung-ho! Hope it lasts.

OK, as you may have noticed, the boss isn't in and Jello's got time to ramble on and on and on.... :hyper: Guess I'll go and pretend to get something done. ;)

Later!

Cafe976
06-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Happy Monday!

Jello - wowsa! You got more done this weekend than I did, that's for sure! You are awesome. Sounds like something has solidified in your mind - and I mean that in a good way, LOL!! Keep us posted on how the low carbing is going.

Well there's a continuing trend at Chez Cafe - the dining room table is in use constantly. I'm actually making it a goal to keep doing this long enough to make it our constant habit.

Also, I did the dreaded books this weekend. Totally up to date now, I'm so proud. Still looking for a way to make this painless.

AND - now this is the biggest news, LOL! I woke up at 6:30 this morning - NO ALARM. This NEVER happens.

So - maybe my efforts to reduce the stress in my life are having an effect? We'll see.

Food-wise... today is the first day of the rest of my life. Too many treats this weekend - alas. Between graduation parties, cooking out on the grill (OK I guess that was healthy food) and... yeah, I have to say it... ice cream weather... Let's just say I'm not on the weight loss fast track. But overall, a very good weekend here.

OH! :hyper: Jello - I read something this weekend re: turkey burgers (ok, all burgers, LOL) The magazine I was looking in mentioned that a "fatty" hamburger has only 2 grams of fat more than the expensive "extra lean" hamburger AFTER it's done cooking ON THE GRILL, cuz the fat leaks out. So whatever kind of turkey it was (is), it's a good thing.

I'll still by the extra lean for meatloaf, of course, but that will save me some $$ this summer with my grill. Mmmm, burgers. (where's that Homer Simpson icon when you need him?)

Tigerlily
06-16-2003, 11:25 AM
I survived the family gathering...barely! I got hit by a golf car! Youngest son tried to take me out! BrotherInLaw was co-pilot. I actually flew up on the hood! I know it was/is funny, but I am a little sore.:^: Where's a video camera when ya need one?!
And to think, I was worried about someone getting hurt on the 4wheeler.:dizzy:
I ended up wearing tan capri's and a plain white shirt. Blend in, not draw attention. I was insanely jealous of cousins in shorts and strappy tanks that looked cute. :s:
My uncle is doing Atkins. He's lost 15 pounds in two weeks. He's not a large man, but could afford to loose a few in the tummy. We didn't talk about it too much. I didn't want to act too interested.:o

Jello!! Go Girl! Your room sound adorable. I just bought gold metallic glaze for DS's bedroom. He already has Notre Dame bedding, blue and gold. Not sure what technique I'm doing yet. Now, I just need to get a burst of your energy!

Cheers to fresh starts and keeping an eye on the goal! :cp:

gma22
06-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Hello ladies! Mind someone else butting in? Saw one of you post on a thread Jana did and thought I would come and peek in. You ladies are a gas!

I am 4 months from the GASP :eek: :fr: half century mark, been married 31 years almost, have two grown kids 30 and 25 and the most adorable grandson in the world who will be 3 next Wednesday. My dh is retired Navy and we live in the south for the last 2 years. He now works as an electrician/electronics controller for the city. I have 2 pets, a Yorkie named Fortune (my husband's little joke that he would cost us that much) and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not at the moment working but am trying to get back to work since quitting last August. Unfortunately, I am obviously not in demand! I have lost 90 lbs since January on a fat and calorie counting diet, I do 45 minutes of water aerobics 7 days a week and I still have about 170 lbs to lose.

I still have all my innards and outards, but am going through menopause and the **** that goes with it. :mad:

NO, the avatar is not my husband as I have been asked numerous times, but the star of the JAG tv show. He is my eye candy to keep me from eating the real stuff! :lol:

Hope to talk to you all again soon.

Faye

DNW
06-16-2003, 04:25 PM
We have a great time here and everyone is very kind, supportive and friendly. I am 54 and have been doing the menopause shuffle for 3 or more years now...you have my ear if you need any advice and a hot flash buddy!!

I am very impressed with your 90 lb. loss..do tell us more!! :yes:

Jello: The room sounds terrific...you have motivated me to think about painting my living room again.

Hi to everyone else...can't write much more the work gremlin is chasing me around the office. :eek:

gma22
06-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Good gravy, I missed something scanning the posts! Tigerlily, you don't live in South Bend or Mishawaka do you (reference to son's bedroom and your state listed)? I grew up in North Liberty and lived there until I married, traveled with the Navy for 20 years and when dh retired we moved back to the area for 12 years. My son graduated from John Glenn and my daughter from Penn. We always take one trip up there every fall to see Penn play football. We moved down south to be near my grandson and for better job prospects for dh. We are going to Indiana the 26th to the wedding of my long time girlfriend. It is about a 10 hour drive from here. It is always neat to meet someone from somewhere you recognize!

DNW: Thanks for willingness to help with the menopause issue. I refuse to take hrt and have used "herbal" stuff, but mostly just hang in there knowing it will pass sooner or later! I do take vitamins everyday to help with bone density etc. As for my weight loss so quickly, I went on a 1600/400fat program, cut out all soft drinks (I drank only the full octane stuff) and exercised every day. I have slowed down in the last month or so, but I was sick with a lot of problems for about a month and then we went on a mini vacation so I gained weight with both those issues. I am trying to get back up on the horse good and strong now! I dropped 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks and I think that was just from getting off the soda. I have lost between 2-4 dress sizes (depending on whether it is a dress, suit, pants etc), a cup and 2 circumference sizes with my bras and generally even having a lot more to lose am feeling much better. I have more stamina now and can walk around the mall etc without being exhausted after just a short distance. DH doesn't have to let me out at the door and go park anymore!

As for decorating, I am a DIY nut! We bought a condo in Sept and are redoing the whole thing. I took an idea for our bedroom from I think it was Trading Spaces. Our furniture is cherry and most of my wall stuff goes with that so I wanted something to compliment it. We have an outside wall with two windows and enough space for the bed to go between them. I painted every wall but that one a maroonish color called Candy apple I think, all the framing and doors gray and then the window wall we striped gray and maroon (18 inch stripes). I am always in for a bargain and couldn't find curtains or drapes I liked so I bought these neat two tone gray checked fabric shower curtains and found metal rings with clips to hang them. They look pretty cool. My bedding is maroon velvet with gray accents. We also wanted to lighten up the entranceway downstairs that was wallpapered this awful tan and black almost harlequin diamond look. We painted it cream and then I sponge/plastic bagged the walls this bright bright green almost lime color. I found some bright green plaid rag rugs for the tile floor and everything hanging on the walls is old fashioned and wood from my old wooden crank telephone to wagons, old west pictures, quilt rack etc. There is a lot more I have done, but I don't want to bore you.

Well, better go!

Faye

Jello
06-16-2003, 04:50 PM
LOL Faye! :lol: Welcome! Great sense of humor you got there! Post with us often! Congrats on the GREAT weight loss!!! :D At the rate you're going, you'll reach your goal in no time!

Funny about the photo. A little eye candy never hurt. Never watched the show but, wow, he ain't bad! ;) Funny thing is that I was going to tell a story here about how I dreamed that I was having surgery and was under anesthesia and started calling out the name of this certain TV actor. I'm not saying who, it's just too embarrassing. :o Just hope I don't actually do that.

Tiger, hit by a golf cart!?!? Boy so much for wearing tan and white just trying to blend in and not be noticed! BTW, I know exactly what you mean about those thin little chicks in their shorts and size XS t-shirts. :mad: Grumble.

OK Cafe, you've convinced me! Next home project for Jello - dig out the dining room table!! I know it's under that mess somewhere... And thanks for the turkey burger info! I like my burgers grilled - use a George Forman grill when I can't be outside.

Low-carb so far is OK, I guess. It's been all of half a day. Big test will, as always, be when I get home tonight and am sitting in front of the TV. But the menu plans for SIX meals a day so I'm trying to spread them out as best I can. We'll see.

Curves tonight too! Yep, still loving it! :D Who knew!?

Jello
06-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Boy oh boy! I was interrupted so many times while typing my post that I missed DNW and a second post from Faye. Hm, hope my post still makes sense..... :dizzy:

Ah, why should my posts start making sense now!? :lol:

Tigerlily
06-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi Faye! Yep, I live in Notre Dame territory. My kidlens go to LaVille schools. Potato Creek, North Liberty is our favorite hang out!
Your weight loss is great!

I've been trying to lose the same 50ish pounds for a year. I lose about 15, gain it back, lose it again, gain it back. Fighting to keep myself under 200. That seems to be my breaking point, but don't work hard enough to keep it going down.
It's all in my head.:dizzy:

gma22
06-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Tigerlily: Wow how neat! I remember being in high school (course there is no longer a North Liberty high school) and we had the Bi-County tourney at Laville every year. My mom before she passed away lived in Argos. My son lives in South Bend and works at Wholesale Spa Network as the showroom manager and a salesman so if you ever want to buy a spa or need help with the one you have, go see Jack and tell him his mama sent you!:lol: I also have a sister who lives in Granger and a niece and two nephews that in Mishawaka with their families. Did you and your hubby grow up there? Does your son want to go to Notre Dame? Tell him I used to work for the law firm in South Bend that did a lot of Notre Dame's work and employed a huge number of their graduates; Baker and Daniels. It is in the old First bank building across the street from the Memorial Health and Lifestyle center there on Jefferson.

Well, I guess I better quit yapping about old times! Dh should be home in just a few.

Faye

Cafe976
06-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Wow! Lots of action here. Welcome, Faye!

Boss is lurkin - was going to say more - but sorry to hear about your golf cart incident, Tig! Arg, more tomorrow.

~Cafe

Tigerlily
06-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi!
Jello, how did your first day of low-carb turn out? Does the Curves low-carb seem similar to Atkins?

Faye, I know all the little mole-hill towns you refer too. DH and I both grew up in Starke County. Aside from college at Ball State, I've lived in Northern Indiana all my life. DS's are 11 and 6. Neither one is talking college...yet.

Yesterday was my 13th wedding anniversary. 13! No wonder it's been such a bad luck year. :p DH brought me roses.:D And, we had carry out pizza with the kids. Pizza, I don't think it fits in any type of diet plan. :devil:

Today is "don't look at the frogs" day. AKA, I have to mow the yard. If I focus too hard on the lawn, I see the frogs...have to wait for them to get out of the way...there are a LOAD of frogs...it would take all day to mow...so...I try not to look at them! Frog Crossing! What was that video game? Frogger?

gma22
06-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Tiger: oooh, gross, I keep thinking about splattered frog on the front of the machine! You are probably much better with the mower than I was the video game. It made me NERVOUS! :lol: Hope you have better luck with the mower than the golf cart! :lol:
I watched this movie about a single father over the weekend where he strapped the baby in his carseat to the back of the golfcart between the bags! And...OOOOPPPS I thought I saw 11 and 16 not 11 and 6 so I guess he is not exactly ready to put in the old financial aid papers yet! :lol:

Hope everyone has a beautiful Tuesday. I am hoping AGAIN today that the rain holds off until I can get my workout in. It has become a race everyday! We are getting so much rain here again and we surely don't need it. We are at over 30 inches for the year already. Combine that with temps in the upper 80's and humidity is over the top. You can hardly breath going outdoors!

To Cafe, Jello, DNW thanks for the welcome.

I am having to invest in a new hairstylist as mine flew the coop somewhere (they of course won't tell me what is wrong or anything). I have really fine (adjective as in thin not spectacular :lol: ) hair and it is blond and very hard to cut without looking chopped up. I wear it really short so that is part of the difficulty too. I have to pay big bucks for a just a haircut and had gone through about 6 people when I found this guy. I now am back at square one, with an appt at a new salon with a woman named SHIRLEY! No one under 45 is named Shirley anymore and living in the south I sure hope I don't get some Dolly Parton doo as I wear my hair more on the rock n roll side so to speak! :fr: :yikes: I am taking a picture of how I want it cut so I hope it comes out ok. I prefer men to cut my hair, but the guy that answered the phone couldn't do it darn it! We shall see. Keep tuned in to "As the hair is chopped.." and see how the soap opera unfolds! :lol: :lol:

Everyone have a :joker: :dance: :flow2: :dancer: :goodvibes :lucky: Day!

Faye

Jello
06-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Ribbit.

(Hushed giggling..... No, I have no idea why I find this silly....)

I'm in rare form today. Don't know why but I certainly don't want to spend my "giddy" day sitting in the office. There are only 2 of us on the phones today and the other girl was telling me that her niece is in town and she wants to go to lunch with her so she may be gone longer than usual. So I've decided that for every minute she gets back late, I get to go home a minute early. Oh the games we play when the boss isn't in. :p

Last night, I went to Curves. Afterward, I walked out the door to take my 3/4 mile walk home. There, sitting at the traffic light directly in front of the Curves place was MY CAR!!! (You'd recognize it anywhere - big Tweety wheel cover on the back!) Rich was on his way home and the light had just changed and so here's Jello running along the sidewalk waving her arms and shouting to him..... :lol: He didn't see me. EVERYONE else in EVERY other car did though! :o

So I walked home. Probably for the best - any exercise I can get, eh?

Tiger, I guess the Curves low-carb is probably pretty much like Atkins or any other low-carb program. It's OK I guess. They say that if you follow it long enough, you stop craving carbs. So far - NOT. But it's only been a day. Actually, dinner last night was a grilled lemon pepper chicken breast and this spinach-mushroom "stir fry" kind of thing that the Curves book had a recipe for. It was DELICIOUS!!! :T I ate dinner at around 6:30 but by the time I went to bed around 10, I was starving!!!! :( But I went to bed anyway instead of rummaging through the fridge.

And know what? I didn't die! Like, wow. :rolleyes:

Faye, my old hairdresser went on vacation a few years ago ... and didn't come back. She had owned the salon with her husband and had filed for divorce and left town. So much for my perm appointment. Fortunately, she eventually opened her own salon in the next town, fixed the place up, hired some hairdressers and has been doing very well ever since. My hair is ever so thankful too. :^:

Tiger, ribbit.

Giggle giggle giggle.....

Oh God's gonna get me for this, isn't he? :devil:

I need a walk....

SEMO
06-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Gosh, I miss a day and everyone's chatting!! I had a helper yesterday so I thought it not best to be on the internet while he's doing my work.:cool: You know, don't want to act as if I don't need help. I do feel better just getting some of this stuff done.

A big welcome Faye, great to have you join us. I'm also doing the change of life thingy. BTW it's not hot flashes, it's POWER SURGES! :lol: I am taking HRT, went off them not long ago and decided if I wanted to keep my husband and job, I'd better go right back on them.

Tig, hope your soreness has gone, and what a VISUAL, Tig trying to make it across the yard with a LOAD OF TOADS bouncing across. :lol: :lol: Sorry!

Jello, your room sounds great. I however did nothing all weekend, a bad case of the lazies :( . DH and I went car/truck shopping Saturday. He drives a 4X4, (gas hog) 80 mile round trip to work. The gas expense is unreal, so he's looking for something to get better mileage.

Cafe, I'm still in the top three for the job. Geez, you would think that after this long they could decide something. You still thinking about a switch?

DNW, Girl, you're just going to have to make more time for us. DH and I had our 33rd anniversary on May 31st. Can't believe it's been that long. We didn't do anything special, just dinner out.

Huntress, where are you, kids gone and you aren't lonley enough yet to be posting here every night. ~ Good for you! Hope your having fun.

Bright, We've been missing the rains this week, hope you have been dodging 'em too.

Quilter, come on out and play with us. It's too hot to be quilting.

Dyan, Tif, guess you all have DUMPED us again. :dizzy: We would really like to hear from you. Sorry If I missed anyone, get you next time.

Later Taters! :p

Cafe976
06-17-2003, 11:12 AM
So - Frog legs for dinner at Tiger's house!! :devil:

DNW - sorry to hear about your "work gremlins" Hope you can come out and play soon.

Jello - WAY to GO on the low carbing! You can do this, I know it. :goodvibes:

Faye - you crack me up. Hope everything goes well with the hair.

Tig - Happy 13th!

I'm rushing a little this morning, but I'm not sure why? Maybe it's the looming clouds that are telling me to hurry up. Anyways - I guess I'd better start shifting some of this work around.

:wave: Hey all the rest of you out there! Drop in and say hi?

Edited to add a shout out to SEMO! Still in the top 3, eh? It's amazing how long they DO take to decide sometimes. I got a note 2 months later on an interview once - I had moved on LONG before then. Ha. Happy 33!

gma22
06-17-2003, 12:19 PM
LAUGH OF THE DAY AT FAYE'S EXPENSE, BUT A-OK WITH ME IF YOU LAUGH! Let me preface it by saying I am one of those women who are NOT embarrassed at wearing swimsuits or shorts as long as they fit and are tasteful. I have a friend that weighs 300 lbs and wears bikini swimsuits to the beach. I will not subject someone to my blubber hanging out nor be idiotic enough to go out in a bikini at that size expecting no one to talk about me behind my back! I have 3 swimsuits, an old one , sort of old, and almost new. The middle suit is my biggest one and I rarely wear it as I really like the new one from Chadwicks because it gives me a lift for one thing; it is smaller and bright yellow! Sooo...I used the middle suit this morning and I am not sure why maybe because it was the first one I pulled out, anyway I went to the pool to do my workout and I was bebopping along doing jumping jacks and running in place and twists and....my boobs fell out of the cups in the suit and were dangling down around my belly (inside the suit of course, but still obvious)! The suit is really too big (Yahooo) but like a numbskull I wore it anyway. I couldn't keep my knockers in those cups for anything so thought what the heck and just let them bounce right along with the rest of me!

Tiger: We are all truly sorry that we Kermitted such faux pas by teasing you about your froggy problem! BUT, thanks for the laughs anyway! :D

Faye

Jello
06-17-2003, 12:27 PM
:lol: Faye! Loved the story. But man, didn't that hurt!?!? :o

Time out .... ooh, all that laughing made me cough. Now I've got a frog in my throat......

Ahem....

gma22
06-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Jello: Only hurt me when I got poked in the eyes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jello
06-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Sittin' here waiting for a return call. Important so I can't leave my desk even though I have other things to do. Ho hum.....

Just finished a protein shake recommended by the Curves lo-carb thing. Pretty tasty! :T 35g protein, 3g carbs. Of course it's also 160 calories but only 1g of fat. Can't help reading those details, I've been doing it so long. This plan is OK I guess but I find myself thinking about the next meal already.

Then again, that's nothing new. :rolleyes:

Come on phone! Ring already!

Yep just sittin' here ... on my lily pad ... like a .....

Oh never mind.

huntress
06-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Hey Everybody!

I'm still around just haven't felt like posting lately. Been doing the "lurking" thing lately. Besides, I still haven't gotten around to getting my computer fixed and getting on my son's is nearly impossible and when I do manage it's early in the A.M. and it's dark in there.

SEMO - I'm not entirely kidless this summer. Youngest still home but the other 2 are gone so it's practically kidless.

Welcome Faye!

Anyways, I'll catch up with you all at some point. I kinda feel guilty about not coming around so much. Must be a summertime thingy.

Lots of love,

LJ

gma22
06-18-2003, 08:58 AM
Hi, LJ! My dh and I were just in your home turf over the holiday. We went to the Astros/Cubs game on Sunday. We had a lovely time and I spent gobs of money at the Galleria! Found this gorgeous sweater at Saks (never been in a Saks before) and dh loved it and was going to buy it in the largest reg size they had to keep for a special gift when I got down to that size, but....it cost $390 :eek: so we passed. We stayed out off of Sam Houston Parkway and Westheimer Road at the Fairfield Inn out there. We weren't sure how convenient it would be to find stuff, but it worked out really great! We had a couple mishaps, we went to see a movie on Sat afternoon and the theater's AC quit working so we had to get our money back and didn't see the movie and on Sunday evening after the game dh wanted to take me to Papasitos since I had never been over by I-10 and there is some mall there and we sat down and got chips and drinks and the power went out so no dinner. We ended up at I think Outback and that was no fun because we have one here. The first night in town we ate at Fox and Hound and that was fun because they had the game on. We live about 10 hours northeast from Houston. I had never been to Louisiana either and that was kind of neat.

Well, another cloudy day with thunderstorms here. I sound like a broken record, don't I? I guess we have one more day of it and then sun!

I will be back later this morning and check and see if you all have posted anymore. (I may be a yankee, but I have to use that southern talk once in a while to fit in down here! :lol:)

Faye

Jello
06-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Happy Hump Day. Another beautiful :?: (yeah right) day here in southeastern PA. Was pouring teeming rain this on the drive in this morning and now it's cold and gray. Jello decided to wear a slightly heavier, long sleeve button down shirt. Was running a little late so decided to just button a couple buttons and finish the rest in the car on the way.

Darn. Wish I'd remembered to do that before walking into work .... :eek:

Decided to start cleaning, straightening and "preparing for paint" the master bedroom last night. One thing I decided was to move my big ol' treadmill out of there and into my li'l pink room. More room in the bedroom but so much for my pretty li'l pink room. Starting to get a little crowded in there. Ah well, the things we do for our fabulous bodies. :lol:

Hi Huntress! Glad to see you here. Pop in every now and then even if you don't have anything to say just so we know you're still out there lurking, 'k? :)

Gotta run. Company prez. is driving me nuts!!! Things like he wants to fly from PA to Arizona and wants to return the next day but wants to get back into Philadelphia by 10PM our time but doesn't want to leave Tucson before 5PM their time. Sure, I can defy the laws of physics.

No problem. :dizzy:

SEMO
06-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Lurky Huntress, happy to see you haven't fallen off the net. While your kids are gone, do you still listen for them to come in at night. I do that all the time.......

Faye, where is it that you live, just general area. My dad was from Mississippi, so I consider myself a Southerner! Going to a family reunion in MS the 5th of July. Love to hear all of Dad's people talk.

Jello, ring, ring, oh you weren't waiting for a call from me, dang you said important. Hope you can get away from your, dare I say, lilly pad soon! :lol: Sorry Tig! :lol: I've doing a sort of low carb diet, found lots of info on lowcarbrfriends.com good recipes too.

Cafe, You're probably posting right about now! So Hey! You're not saying too much about your job, things getting better?

DNW, Saw your post on the exercise challenge, guess I'm gonna have to get my sorry butt to work and join you. :o

Tig, what are you and your little guys doing today? Summers with your sons keep you runing, I'm sure.

Bright, where are you?

Gotta run, you all have a great day.

Tigerlily
06-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Hi. It sure has taken a long time to get to hump day this week. :dizzy:

The frogs weren't as bad yesterday. They must have heard Jello laughing and headed for the swamp land. I tell ya, we've got some freaky looking ones. Stripes, dots and such. One morning, there was one suctioned to my storm door. Yesterday, it was snakes. Talk about heebies. *shudder* DS wanted to bash them with a shovel. I couldn't allow that. DH will have to do it.:o

Jello, I want to hear daily reports on the low-carb. Inspire me.:D

I pulled out my food journal again. I journal for 3/4 days, then quit. (weekend kills it) Try, try again. One of these times it has to stick. :yes:
I'm off to order a new swimsuit. My last one covers too much upper chest area. I just figured out I look better with a more open neckline since that's one area that isn't pudgy. :ink:

Hey Huntress! Glad you pop'd in.

You all come back now, ya hear?

Cafe976
06-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Hump day! Wahoo!

I had a sort-of diffiult evening last night. Feeling a little tired & crabby. Settled down with a book, which was just the ticket. DH seemed to understand. ;) And then there was a thunderstorm last night. So maybe it was the tension before the storm.

Still, I'm not complaining! It's beautiful here today. Sorry, to all those that have rain.

It's summer! I was majorly craving sweets after supper last night so I made a big pitcher of Crystal Lite. <<red raspberry>> Man, that stuff is the BOMB! No dessert, no problem. Sipping a glassful with ice got me past it. :yes:

Faye, hope those 2 black eyes clear up quickly. :devil:

Huntress - Getting a little TOO used to your new independance, maybe? :s:

Jello - Maximum exposure! :lol: This thread is like "girls gone wild" between you and Faye. You ladies crack me up.

Edited to add:

SEMO, how right you were! I was typing while you posted. The job is fine. I had looked into a possible change early in the year, but that didn't pan out and they switched up my duties a little bit in my present job - more project work, somewhat less phone & general admin stuff - and the team of people I work with, I have no complaints about them. So it's all good right now.

Tiger - Freaky frogs and slithering snakes - Oh my!! WTG unearthing the food journal. I have such a hard time with record-keeping tasks like that, so I know what you mean. Try, try again!

Tigerlily
06-18-2003, 11:36 AM
I did it. Ordered a new swimsuit. Separate pieces. That works best since I'm tall. Skirted bottom, flatters and conceals ;) and a Lingerie strap style top that's a little longer to make sure tummy stays covered :^: and one of those sarong wraps. BUT, here's the kicker...size 16. That's borderline small. Hello motivation. :D

Jello
06-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Tiger's frogs and snakes reminded me of my shed cleaning adventure on Sunday. Nope, no reptiles but lots of "mouse leavings" if you will. :o So I'd been cleaning for several hours, making all kinds of noise, finding lots of mouse damage - chewed patio furniture cushions, holy gardening gloves, etc. - but figured there was no "livestock" at the moment.

Wrong.

Picture it. Shelf about chin-height, Jello reaches up and picks up the bike helmet from the shelf... and li'l Mickey sits up and says "howdy"! :fr:

I had this perfect "girlie" reaction. Aaaaaaauuuuugggggghhhhh!!!!!!! :lol:

But he was actually very cute. :mouse: Li'l pink (what's it with me and "pink" lately?) nose and big ol' ears. And it seems he didn't want to interact with me any more than I did with him so he was soon under some stuff in the corner. As long as he stayed on his side and me on mine, we had no trouble. Oh but what he did to the padding inside my bike helmet!!! :mad:

So now all the chewables are packed up in mouse-proof containers. Nope, Tiger. I wouldn't allow Rich to kill Mickey either. But if he ever surprises me like that again (or brings any of his friends in for a big mouse house party) I may have to borrow your shovel!

I'm back to work again.

P.S. Cafe, I haven't tried the red raspberry yet. :T Hm.....

gma22
06-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Looks like everyone jumped in while I was in the pool getting soaked (and not by pool water). I only did 35 minutes because the rain started down so hard I couldn't see!:lol: Darn weather anyway!

Cafe: Dh stays out of my way when I am crabby! I think I could possibly be in heaven if I could read all the time. I already probably read at least 2 hours a day. Heck when you can't seem to find a job to take up your time and tv during the day is a yawn for the most part! BTW, went back to the yellow suit today! :D

Tiger: EUWWWW! I do not have a frog or snake phobia (rodents are my thing to shiver about) but I don't think I want a yard full visiting me either! Bet your boys like them though, huh? Boys usually do.

Semo: I live in Memphis. It is good and bad. There are real racial problems here still because of the MLK business which is pretty sad, but my gs lives here so I just had to live here. Also, dh has a great paying city job with good benefits and a lifetime pension after 10 years so considering he had gotten laid off 5 times in 3 years in Indiana and then his last job was with a new company with just 6 employees and the guy was a huge cheapskate (Jack makes 3 times down here what he did at that job) it was the best move for us. I miss my son a lot as he is the sweet child and the other one is fairly difficult to have a relationship with, but again, had to be by my little redheaded stinker.

Jello: I am sure you said a bazillion times, but what color are you doing your room in? I just lovvvvveeeeee to decorate. I watched Trading spaces yesterday afternoon and the designer, Hildy, who is a real pain in the rear, did this poor couples dining room in black and yellow, which I kind of like, but the WHOLE ROOM, ceiling and all was painted black and the furniture was painted this eggyolk yellow. The poor woman had been dreading it because she knew this designer was really off the wall, but she just hated it. Told Paige Davis, the moderator, the painters would be coming to the house on Monday! It really was awful and on top of that, the dumbest thing she did was to hardboil about 6 dozen eggs and put them in tall glass cylinders as vases. Now what, numbskull would think eggs would not rot? :?:

Now, that I have thoroughly bored you to sleep... I am going to go. I have not showered and I am getting cold!

Faye

Tigerlily
06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Hey!
I saw that episode of Trading Spaces. That room was hidious. Scarier than frogs, snakes or rodents! I like the designer named Frank. He lives in the real world.
Do you have your own pool or go to a public torture chamber?
I'm thinking about getting one of those little above ground blue pools that the sides come up as it fills. Anyone have one of those? Or, I could always swim in the pond...ahhh, but then we're back to the reptiles. :snail:
:snail:
............................. :snail:
.................... ........................ :mouse:

SEMO
06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Back again, Faye, you're about two hours south of me. (Small world) In fact our corp office is in Collierville. And yes there are some problem areas that you need to avoid. I don't like to go anywhere shopping in town without someone familar with the area because I get lost and have no sense of direction. (My nose is always pointed toward the north - coundn't find my way out of a paper bag, dh could be dropped in the middle of a city and get out with no problems.) But anyway, I'm always afraid that I'll end up in a dangerous area, and that's true of any city that you don't know.

Snakes, frogs, mice and spiders, come my way and you are one dead sucker. Don't like them and don't want them anywhere around me or anything that I touch. I have no regrets about getting rid of them either. POWER SURGE!! :D Right now our yard is being overrun with rabbits, their everywhere. One tried to come through the front door the other day. We have a full glass storm door and the silly thing tried to hop thru it.

Okay, back to work........

DNW
06-18-2003, 01:11 PM
My Dears:

You all remember the Contract Administration job I applied for internally and did not get, because they wanted someone with Contracts experience who could "hit the ground running"?

Well she's definitely running...not even in the job 2 months and she gave them notice...seems the 9-5 schedule doesn't work for her...DUH??????????????

OK so I am still interested but boy are they going to have to offer me a "large piece of jewelery" to take the job...one of the women I would have been working with is going to tell her boss I'm still interested.

She said that they should have hired me in the first place....I say B-A-A-W-W-A-A-A-H-H-H-H HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes smug tastes better than food :s:

Smooches!

Tigerlily
06-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Sometimes smug tastes better than food. I love that. :lol:

gma22
06-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Semo: We go up through Missouri to go to Indiana. There is method to the madness, it is interstate all the way and a good 2 hours shorter than going over to Nashville and up through Kentucky and southern Indiana. We take 40 to 55 where it cuts of to go to Sikeston and then take 55N all the way to Chicago then 57 and 80/94-80-90 right into South Bend. It is either 65 or 70 the whole way. My goofy dh has a GPS and even has all the rest areas and restaurants plotted so we know how far we have to hold it to pee! :lol: We have some friends that live in Collierville, very pretty very expensive!

Tiger: You and I both. I am a Frank fan and I like Vern Yipp too. At least they are willing to listen for heaven's sake. The two worst are Hildy and Doug. They are both so full of themselves. Did you ever see the episode where the black lady who I don't know her name covered this bed in flowers and artificial turf and it looked like a grave? Laurie is pretty good. She did a great job on that little girls room. My entranceway is that color green (sponge painted). Have you ever seen the BBC version, Changing Rooms? That one can be pretty funny. I remember when they did a church for heavens sake!

Boy anyone makes reference to any kind of DIY stuff and off I go on a tangent, sorry! It is just so much fun to play with colors and fabrics and such. I even have my husband hooked on those shows and While You Were Out, too! We have gotten some great ideas from them.

Well, TTFN

Faye

SEMO
06-18-2003, 02:55 PM
I forgot to mention that hubby and I love Trading Spaces too, well I love it and he endures it. Vern and Amy Winn are my favorites! I love tools too! I can spend hours in lowells or home depot, in my next life I'm gonna be a carpenter, just have to get over my fear of heights!

Faye, I'm south of the I-57 exit, so wave the next time you go through.

gma22
06-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Gosh looks like I have friends all up and down the interstate now!

Tiger: I never answered your question about the pool. We own a condo and the complex has a pool. Our front door is right across the courtyard from the pool not 50 feet away so it is mega convenient. We had problems the beginning of the season with kids from the area coming and "crashing" but seems that problem has now been nipped in the bud. I don't go too much in the afternoon because it is crowded with people usually, especially once the summer heat is really high and sunny. The early morning is great because no one is around except the FED EX planes overhead. They fly at the rate of about 4-6 in the hour I am in the pool. We are on the approach to the airport. I just bebop all by myself.

DNW: You go girl and hold out for the big bucks! :lol: They always try to get you for a song, at least the law firm I worked at did!

Have a nice day ladies.

Faye

Jello
06-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Actually Faye, I don't think I ever did say what color I'd decided on for the master bedroom. :chin: Hm..... I guess I should decide on a color for the master bedroom.... :lol: Actually, I just ordered this really cute quilt from Domestications.com. It's got little cows and pigs and barnyard "stuff" on it. It's mostly blue so I'm pretty much thinking blue. Last time I was at the Home Depot, I went to the "oops paint" section. That's where they put the cans of paint that they mixed for a customer and the customer didn't like it or it came out wrong - whatever. Anyway, it's always dirt-cheap. I bought a quart of a light blue-green shade for $1. I figure I can mix that with some glaze and use that for some sponging accents or something.

It's funny. Before I painted my dressing room, I was sitting in it thinking it needed a new color. It was white. Every wall of every room in the house was white when I moved in a couple years ago. Ho hum. :yawn: Anyway, I decided right on the spot that a dressing room was a very "girl" thing and so I'm painting the room pink! And I did.

Rich was joking around and said that since I have a pink room, he should have a blue one. That, plus my little barnyard quilt, settled it for me. The master bedroom will be blue. So off I went, back to the Home Depot. And as you all know, you don't just walk into a paint department and say "I want blue". You have to decide from about 200 shades of blue. That, I haven't quite done yet..... Stay tuned.

Boy can I ramble when the boss isn't around or what!? :soapbox:

To continue ... I don't think I ever watched Trading Spaces but I love While You Were Out. I always get great ideas. Rich likes to watch the shows like This Old House and Yankee Workshop. Only problem with the things they do on TOH is that you've got to have $$$$$$ to do most of them. That ain't us.

In other news ... DNW, good luck with the "new negotiations"! :smug: When you're the boss of the place, will we have to call you "Ms. DNW, Ma'am"?

Semo, I love the tools and the smell of the lumber department too. But I spend more time in the craft stores and the paint and decor departments. I'm such a klutz that things like big scary power saws have no business being anywhere near me. It wouldn't be pretty. :doh:

OK, this time I mean it. I have to go. It's Wednesday afternoon and I suppose I should at least think about starting all the work I told the boss would be done this week....

Yeah. :rolleyes: Right.

Dum de dum ... off to surf the 'net ... dum de dum de dum....

gma22
06-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Jello: Boy, I have blue in my house! We took the condo's den and made it our living room because it has paneling that had been painted and looked sort of like a beach house and it has the fireplace. I have all country stuff in my living room and my kitchen is decorated in geese with blue accents so we found a blue we liked for the living room, painted the woodwork and doors an off white called birch bark, then because the kitchen opens up into the living room, took the next shade lighter and painted the kitchen and the shade darker than the living room and painted all the countertops using the high gloss to make the counters shine. All the kitchen cabinets are painted off white and I found adorable drawer pulls and cabinet knobs that were off white with a country blue center that almost matched my blue walls perfectly. I just love it. I think blue green would be a neat color to use.

Well, there I go again with the decorating bologna so I better stop while I am ahead.

Tomorrow is busy busy busy and I get to go see SHIRLEY :?: first thing so wish me luck! I will try and pop in sometime tomorrow if I can find a minute!

Faye

srmb60
06-19-2003, 09:55 AM
I'm there! I'm there! My first goal!!
Ok now what? I've still got about two handfuls of roll on each side. You know, it's starts on your hip and rolls around the front. And there's about a handful on the inside of each thigh just above my knee. How much is that 5 lbs? 10 maybe?

Tigerlily
06-19-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey Everyone!
Well, so far my new swimsuit motivation is working. Only one day, but that's all it takes....one day at a time.

For more motivation, what's everyones dream outfit? Yeah, I want to look good in a swimsuit...I'd be happy with "not scarey" in a swimsuit. One of my "look good dream outfits" would be a pair of regular XL drawstring pj bottoms that hang loose with a little spandex tank top that doesn't roll up. :^: I'm not asking for much.:p

Faye, did I miss something...Shirley? *scratching my head*
With all this decorating talk, I'm gonna throw out a question. I've been looking for lined/thermal curtains with no luck. They all look too formal and I have a very casual/country/rustic style. We have a lot of windows....need to block the intense sun and winter cold. I'm clueless. I have matchstick bamboo shades with raisin colored sheers/scarves that don't block nearly enough. Maybe I just need to get new shades, but I really wanted new curtains.
:shrug:

I'm off to find the kitchen counter...I know it's under there somewhere.:dizzy:

Jello
06-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Tiger, I think Shirley's the new hairdresser. Right Faye? I always said if my hairdresser ever retires or quits, I'm going to have to just let my hair grow until it's down to my knees. It's too tough to find someone you really like.

Interesting because I feel the same way about my gynecologist. :rolleyes: I'm going to have my surgery in a hospital about 50+ miles away simply because I want this guy to do it. Told Rich he didn't have to come visit every single day.

Faye, interesting that you have geese accents. The off-white in my kitchen and dining room is called Goose Feather.

Well, it's kinda interesting ... to me ...

Or not....

Annnnyhoooo, Tiger I have a little black dress! That's my dream outfit. Bought it once because I saw it on my way out of a store and it was on sale dirt-cheap. That was at least 5-6 years ago. Never wore it. But little black dresses never go out of style, do they? Hmm.... maybe I'll have to go take a look at it again. Quite the motivators these "little" clothes, aren't they?

It's funny. Once in a WW meeting, the leader asked people why they wanted to lose weight. Everyone was talking about health and blood pressure and "important" stuff like that. I raised my hand and said "I just want to be able to tuck in my shirt". :chin: Yep, that's a big dream for me.

Someday ... someday ....

BTW, Tiger. Sorry I have no advice on the curtains. The few times I've had to buy them for any of my windows has taken several trips to several stores and a couple of returned wrong kind/wrong size items. Hope you find what you're looking for. :^:

But speaking of clothes and such ... I have to pack a bag for the hospital and the trip home from there. The nurse told me to bring a robe for walks down the halls. (P.S. I bought a very nice rather expensive one in a "I'm having surgery and I deserve something special" mood last weekend.) She also told me to pack something to wear home - something loose around the middle, etc. Any suggestions? I have a couple pairs of very very old sweatpants. Can't wear them. Yuck. :p But I can't find any place that sells sweatpants at this time of year and don't really want to wear them in the heat of July/August anyway. Even my lightweight "workout" pants are a bit snug. (Yes, they are XL. :( ) Anyone know of anything I can try?

I guess I'd better go. Today's project is cleaning out one of the file drawers for all the paperwork for a new project starting up next week. Another visit from the Frenchmen! Don't know yet if the good-smelling one's coming yet, Cafe. :lol: I'll let you know!

Later!

SEMO
06-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Good Morning My Little Chickies. I got my lazy butt up and exercised this morning and I feel GREAT. Why do I quit???

Jello, I would buy some of the cotton, PJ bottoms with the draw string. Penneys did have them on sale, if you can't find womens then try some of the mens, altho you will probably have to hem those. I found them with the gowns and underwear dept. I love those things, and they would be find to wear outside the hospital too.

Dream outfit, let's see........ anything that would make me look two sizes smaller!:D Really I don't know, I hate to get really dressed up, but like to go a little better than casual, so a really nice pant outfit that makes me look smashing would be great!

Gotta get some work done, I'll check back in a minute.

Cafe976
06-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Good morning all!

Tooround - welcome! I almost missed your lil post with all the activity around here. Congrats on the 27 pounds you have lost so far! Sounds like you are on the right track. As far as what's left to lose - it's impossible to answer that from here, LOL. It sounds to me like all that's left if you're not satisfied is maybe a little sculpting. Finding a way to do some resistance training with those big rubber bands or weights will help you add a little muscle and pull things into a shape you like. Anyways, feel free to jump into the conversation here - it's so encouraging to talk with people who have made a goal!

Yeesh, it's like the home and garden channel gone awry around here! :lol:

Actually, my husband worked in the building trades for years and is now attending the Arts Institute for a degree in Interior Design. I have to tell you, though, this is different from interior decorating. He's all about Frank Lloyd Wright (among others) - and barn animals (sorry Jello) belong in the barn, at least at our place. :devil:

Not to say my place is totally beautiful. We went through a traumatic total remodel a couple of years ago (floors, walls, windows, doors, trim & paint) - during which my life was turned upside down and a family member died - so while the overall place is vastly improved I haven't actually done much decorating. Heck, it took me a year to put things away and hang the first picture back up! Plus, DH started school right around that time so I can't be going and buying furniture and paintings and things.

SEMO - I always feel that way [GREAT!] too, when I exercise - especially first thing in the morning. WHY on earth is it so hard to just do it? It's nuts!? Anyway - way to go!

DNW - Maybe now that the job is ready for you, you're also more ready for the job? I know you were hestitant to leave where you are last time, but since you're being run off your feet lately... Yep, smug tastes pretty good. :)

Faye - Glad to hear the yellow swimsuit has made a comeback. Now throw the other one away, quick! Love your passion for color, go girl!

Tiger - That swimsuit sounds cute!! You need to order me one of them! Anything that gives a little motivation. Me, I don't have a special outfit that I dream about - although spending an entire summer at the beach again sounds like a dream come true so swimsuit: yeah. Mostly, I'd like people to think I'm pretty instead of just seeing the weight. Why did I let this happen?

Jello - I'm with SEMO on the pajama bottoms. Target has some nice ones too. LOVE wearing them around the house. And from the hospital, to the car, to the house? No problem. It's not like you're going to stop for a fancy dinner on the way home. ;)

OK this is way to long - time to hit submit!

Tigerlily
06-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Hi!
Alright! Is everyone sitting down? I exercised! Then, I sat out in the sun for an hour! I'm feeling good. :cb:

Cafe, I have a Bachelor of Fina Arts Degree...Interior Design. But, I'm still a stay at home Mom. :shrug: The closest I got to using it was merchandise display in a clothing store. Then, along came the babies and here I am. Some day...

Eat Less, Move More! I'm on a roll! And not a cinnamon roll!:twirly:

srmb60
06-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Ican't believe I posted in the wrong thread! Just so happy I guess. Thanks for the encouragement tho'. :)

Cafe976
06-20-2003, 11:06 AM
OMG! I am the ultimate threadkill! I post and then NO ONE EVER POSTS AGAIN!

Except you, Tig! Thank goodness you still like me. Way to go on the exercise!! We must be of one mind - I went for a nice walk on my lunch hour with a coworker. Some of it was even uphill!

Hmmm, you and DH would have LOTS to talk about. But lemme tell you, he has his OPINIONS. :) (I was speaking for him earlier) Still, re: degree, it's never wasted because lots of employers just want to see that you DID college. And if you don't have to work, so much the better! More actual living to be done w/o work getting in the way.

And thank goodness for you, tooround, you are helping to save me from my paranoia. Encouragement is gratis (that is, free, if I can spell today) around here. Maybe it was good little mistakey. ;)

OK well I was having a great day yesterday - salad for lunch, grilled chicken breast on more salad for dinner - and then I had to go to a party. Which was organized at a place called the Malt Shop. I would like to say I was strong, but... The good thing is, at least I did super good the rest of the day, which wasn't really planned but sure helps with damage control! [I had forgotten about this little farewell thingie.]

Hope you guys come around again soon. Barn animals are just fine by me, I promise!! :^:

:moo: :ink: :chicken:

:chin:

:chef:

SEMO
06-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Happy Friday!!! :dance: Hi Cafe, I usually feel the same way about killing the thread. LOL

Today's Friday, payday, and I'm leaving work at 2:30 to go to Nashville to visit my younguns! Ahhhhhhhh life is grand!

Nothing much going on, but didn't want Cafe to be left all ALONE! Ha

gma22
06-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey, I posted at 2 am and the darn thing kept failing so I just saved it so here goes:

Hey ladies!

Well, it is now a done deal! Shirley was on VACATION, so they put me with someone else and she did a spectacular job on my hair. I like her BETTER than I did Lee. It was also no more expensive than the other place and I thought it would be.

Tiger: This may sound dumb, but I did it once and it worked for me. First off, if you can't or don't want to spend money on both shades and curtains, and can't find ones you like......and secondly, this only works on curtains not drapes. I bought rod pocket curtains then measured the backs from under the stitching on the pocket to the stitching on the hem. Went to the fabric store and bought a color coordinated piece of fabric in a solid cotton and some no sew fabric tape. "hemmed" all four sides with the tape, then attached the fabric piece to the back on the curtain from the bottom of the pocket to the top of the hem using the no sew tape. I now basically had lined curtains and they looked pretty darn good. If you are a machine sewer, you can do the same thing with the machine and it would be even better. Good girl! You get that exercise in!

Jello: You can always go home in a MUUMUU! :lol: Sorry that is left over from them days when that is all us chubby people had to choose from. But seriously, something similar to that isn't a bad idea. Who cares what you look like to ride home and if you shouldn't have something binding around the tummy area, I am not sure I would choose any kind of pants, shorts etc even sweatones. Me, I would haul my butt home in my gown or like jello said something with a drawstring that is soft and robe. When I had gall bladder surgery several years ago, that is what I did. Hope all goes really well for you.

Cafe: I just can't get the picture of you sitting in your beautiful home reading the paper with Elsie the cow looking over your shoulder out of my head. :lol: :lol:

SEMO: Yahoo for you! I never thought I would be this big a proponent of exercise ever. Hauling around 400 lbs even walking was tough, but man am I ever glad I did and now I love getting in the pool everyday. Even look forward to it. When I started in January, the only thing I could do was walk. I walked my complex once around twice a day and even doing that, I was totally winded. When I built up my stamina I would increase it. I then started walking in our mall which is 1 1/2 miles once around. I was finally able to power walk it. When the pool opened I was hooked! It is even better than walking and no stress on my chubby knees. Just find something you like to do and you will find you will really stick to it.

My outfit would be anything in about a size 14. I would be so jazzed being that size that to me it would be gorgeous! I don't do sleeveless though so it would have to have sleeves. (I would need the extreme makeover to fix the arms for sleeveless)

Well, ladies, I have sat here 2 hours when I should be sound asleep so better get back to it!

Faye

Tigerlily
06-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Hello!
My days are running together. DH has to work tomorrow, so doesn't really feel like Friday. :dizzy:

Semo, have fun with the young'ns. Payday, I miss payday. Instead, I have the kids who remember it's payday...allowance. :dz:

Faye, I've thought about trying to make my own curtians. I have a couple old sewing machines that were given to me. Need to have them tuned up and take'm for a test drive. :idea: hmmm, I wonder if I could attach muslin or canvas to the backs of my shades...

Cafe, I try to think that about my degree..at least I have it. And I am grateful to stay home with the kidlens...most days.:o

My new swimsuit should be here today. :hyper:
I'm off to catch up on my food journal and take a walk.
Have a good weekend chickies!

gma22
06-20-2003, 01:03 PM
I know most of you ladies can probably buy clothing at regular stores, but because Tiger was talking about suits and I am in the pool everyday I went searching the online large womens sites and found some gorgeous suits if anyone happens to need one. I believe Roamans is where I found some of the prettiest. Dh would kill me if I bought another suit since I really don't need one, but they have this beautiful black and white maillot with shirring that I would LOVEEEEE to have. Nope, just like food, I am going to be a good girl and keep my hands off my credit card! :lol: Tiger, hope you love your suit.

UPS delivered my contacts today so now I have some new ones thank goodness. I was down to the last pair and they were getting to the end of my time frame and I was looking at going back to my glasses. I really like the contacts for summer so I can wear regular sunglasses. Only problem is I have to drag my reading glasses everywhere. Old age sucks sometimes! :^:

Well, you ladies have fun today and don't get sunburned if you are out! We finally have sun today! Yippeee

Faye

Jello
06-20-2003, 01:06 PM
TGIF!!!!! I am soooooooo very sick of this place this week. Boss being on vacation doesn't count if he calls in every day to annoy me. :mad: Jerk. :snooty: Humph!

Faye, you only suggested a muumuu because of all the barn animal talk around here! :lol:

Pausing to chuckle fiercely at my own wit ... or half-wit???

Tiger, making your own curtains might be a tough job but then you'll have exactly what you want. When I left my ex, my sister's husband's father's girlfriend (does that make sense?) made me curtains for my apartment's patio doors so I wouldn't have to pay a fortune for blinds or curtains that size. She made them out of king size bedsheets. They really turned out nice! And the best part was that whenever I looked at them, I thought about the love and support I got from my sister and others at a time when I really needed it. :love:

Ooh, gettin' all mushy here. What's up with that? :rolleyes:

Semo, have a great time on your trip!

Cafe, you didn't kill the thread. We were all just sittin' back thinking about your last post. BTW, it was not way too long! Well, except for that dig on my barn animals! ;)

Speaking of which, got home last night and my new quilt was waiting for me on my doorstep! I was all set to put it on the bed when Rich said "well, we were talking about getting a new bed anyway...". Next thing you know, we're tooling down the road with a new queen size mattress and box spring sticking out the back of his Bronco. I was a nervous wreck. Made him use about 10 miles of rope to secure the things so we wouldn't lose them along the way. Rain held out just long enough to get them home and in the house. :)

And yes, getting them up the stairs and the old ones out to the curb does count as exercise. Lots of it! :strong:

I'm going to run now. Been working on a project for the company prez. Worked on it all day yesterday. Started today by continuing work on it ... and then found out HE took the day off. :snooty: Well, I never!

Grumbling ... and counting the minutes until 5:00.

SEMO
06-20-2003, 02:02 PM
I wished we all lived closer, we would make a heck of a team, Quilter and I sew, DNW paints w/watercolors, and you guys decorating, man that would be fun, fun, fun. We could go from house to house.

Faye, I wear contacts for Mono Vision, One eye for up close and one for distance. No cracks from you guys for being one-eyed either! It takes a little getting used to but no glasses at all. On the exercising ~ I'll go 5 or six months exercising 5/6 times a week, then something just happens and I just quit. I just finished the Power 90 tapes and then just stopped, it's sort of like, well I finished my commitment and now I'm done.

Bathing suits, I bought one last year, at the end of the summer. at Penneys (don't remember the brand) but it has a tape measure hanging on the tag. These suits are wonderful, they have great bra support for fuller figures and a lining that helps hold in the tummy area. If you are looking for a new suit try one of these, I love mine. (well as much as you can love a swimsuit)

Two hours and thirty minutes......... YeaHaw.

Tigerlily
06-20-2003, 03:31 PM
ahh, the fuller figure bra thingy...yeah, I dont need that thing. Problem is, suits in my size all come with 'em. Makes me look all shapely until one gets dented.:lol:

I'm going out to mow...even though the yard doesnt need it that much. Out of the house and away from the food! That's my plan. Bonus, more sun tan.:cool:

Jello, I have Bronco fetish. What year is yours? We had a '73 that I loved, but wasn't practical for family life. Now, we have a '95. I've been trying to talk DH into taking the top off. I want one of those bikini tops for it. Hey, if I can't wear a bikini, at least my truck can. :p

Look out Froggies, here I come! :D

gma22
06-20-2003, 04:12 PM
Ok, girls, who's with me and willing to give our sweet friend Tiger some of her boobs so she can fill her suit? Me first! You can have a whopping 6 inches and a cup from me! :lol: :lol:

You girls certainly crack me up!

SEMO: My sister has those kind of contacts. Do you really like them? I wondered how hard it would be to get used to them. She says not at all if they are fit right. I am VERY VERY nearsighted (-5.00 in left and -5.25 in right) and have I think -2.00 reading glasses. Well, let's face it, I am blind as a bat. Have worn glasses etc since I was 10 so that's ummmm what 20 years ago? :smug: :s:

I am so jazzed, have my house all cleaned and last load of laundry in dryer so everything will be done when dh gets home and I am freeeeeeeeee!

Oh BTW, for those of you who like thrillers and if you have ever read Jeffrey Deaver, his new Lincoln Rhyme novel The Vanished Man is superb. More twists than a roller coaster.

Faye

SEMO
06-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Tig, they don't have hard cups! :lol: Love to see your dent look! But they do have great support, it's not an underwire but gives support as if it were. Gosh, I don't know how to explain it and even tho I'm not large by any means, it's just when you get my age everything GOES SOUTH! :yikes: So you need a little uplifting!

Ten more minutes and I'm outta here! :dancer:

Ya'll have a great weekend and I'll talk to you Monday :wave:

Edited to add - Faye I do like them an as weird as it sounds it doesn't take long to get used to the contacts.

Bye again.

Jello
06-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Help me! There's a big ol' sheet birthday cake being cut in the cafeteria as I type. I'm stayin' riiiiiight here. No, no, you guys go and have some. I'll watch the phones. No, no, don't bring me any. Plllllleeeeease!!!! :^:

Semo, I'm with you. Wished we all lived closer. Or we could be independently wealthy and form our own travelling decorating company! Just travel from town to town painting and plastering and renovating. Just show up on people's doorsteps and barge on in. Whether they want us there or not. :lol: Now THAT would be a story for the 6:00 news.

Tiger, the Bronco is Rich's baby. It's an '86 ... looks like 1886! But it runs great ... usually. Has a few quirks. Like a couple days ago, the motor that operates the back window fried itself. Quite a smell and the black smoke! :eek: So now the back window is down ... permanently. Or at least until we get it fixed. And if you knew the amount of rain we've been having .... Ooh, it's not pretty. But Rich will never give up the "UAV" (Urban Assault Vehicle). :lol:

I've got all you guys beat regarding contact lenses and glasses. My glasses used to look like coke bottle bottoms. I had to special order and pay extra for my contacts. Needed my glasses to find my glasses. Went in for laser eye surgery and they couldn't do it. My cornea's were too thin. Seems my eyes were too bad to be fixed. :?: But aha, this particular eye place had just come up with a new procedure - not FDA approved yet - would I like to try it - I'd be the 10th or 11th patient in the country to try it ..... So what the heck, eh? They implanted lenses in each eyeball. Sounds a little gross, I guess. Would I do it again?

In a heartbeat!!!! :cool: I've worn glasses since I was 5. I was legally blind. I couldn't see well even with my contacts. Now my vision is 20-20 in one eye and 20-30 in the other. It took me months to break the habit of waking up and reaching for my glasses. It's an amazing thing!

Sorry. Off on a tangent again. The good news is that I'm thinking the cake thing should be done so I can go back there and get my low-fat cottage cheese and my apple out of the fridge.

The boss shouldn't be calling again. I'm done the president's project. The old *itch has just left for the day (the song "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" keeps running through my head) and it's less than 2 hours till the weekend.

Let's hear it for smooth sailing. :crossed: Have a great weekend!

Tigerlily
06-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Oh boy. Now I've gone and done it. I agreed to meet my sister at the beach next week. The sister who has 3 kids, one less than a year ago and she is still thin! *banging head on desk* What was I thinking?! Now I have a mountain of motivation, but hope it doesn't backfire seeing there wont be much noticeable body changes by the end of next week. :^: Ok, ok, ok. It's ok. Cuz, I'll be feeling good for taking care of myself and I'll be wearing the new suit....that hasn't gotten here yet. Come on UPS!

Jello, my Bronco back window has issues too. Sometimes it needs a helping hand...pull up, push down. And, my headlight switch broke off. I have to use handy-dandy pliers. :o But, I still love it and want to save it for my 11 year old.
Oh, and...
NO BIRTHDAY CAKE!

gma22
06-21-2003, 08:26 AM
Jello: You are a brave lady, but sometimes desire for "normalcy" wins out over fear! I am too chicken to even look into laser so will just keep wearing the contacts and glasses I guess. I know what you mean by the "glasses reach" move. I do it when I wear contacts. Every once in awhile I will catch myself trying to push my glasses up on my face when they aren't there!

Tiger: You hold your head up high girl and just enjoy the beach. You are a beautiful woman no matter your size and you shouldn't feel ashamed of it at all. Look at me, I am one huge lady even still, what isn't fat is becoming skin sag, and I STILL go out in my suit and shorts. I went last night to dinner and the mall in shorts. You just strut your stuff in that new suit, (being careful of course of not losing your boobs like I did :lol: :lol: :lol: though with a new suit you should be a-ok!)

I did the neatest thing for my friend and her fiance for a wedding present. I may have already told you, so hang on if I did. I am big time into photo scrapbooking and thought it would be a nice gift for a couple who have everything else. I bought an album that was generic not white as I want it to be for their life together not a wedding album as such. I bought supplies to decorate a few pages and went to work last night. We are going to take pics with our digital at the wedding and try and get them one hour developed/printed at Walmart there in South Bend (at least they have them in our stores here for digital cameras). I used a beautiful wedding embossed paper for the first page and then using sticker letters put "Our Wedding Day Memories" down the sides of the paper. On the paper I wrote things like, "my matron of honor, my best man, special guests, vocalists, etc. that she can then fill in. The second page has these beautiful stickers that say Our Wedding Day on it and I used a gorgous sheet of this bluish paper that is kind of featherlike (don't know it's proper name), rounded the corners to look like a picture frame and then will put a photo of the 2 of them together onto the blue paper. The last page I used these cool new stickers that are like little replicas of the cake and doves and ribbons etc made out of actual ribbon, beads etc and put Wedding Happenings on the top of that page and will fill in with guests pictures etc. They can then add to it and have the rest of the album for family gatherings, births etc with their new combined family. I just figured with this being her 3rd marriage and his second they might not have actual "wedding pictures" and you know how if goes if you take regular pictures. They end up in a box somewhere.

Today is beautifully sunny already! I can't wait to get into the pool. Two days in a row of sun and the pool should be pretty warm as it was not bad yesterday morning.

You ladies have a nice weekend!

Faye

brighterdays
06-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Hi all,

Welcome, gma2one---those are some funny posts!

Just dropped in to say hi to everybody....on vacation now and have a zillion things on my list!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread. You all are moving so fast that I have hardly had the time to read all the posts or lurk!

Weight the same...finally got this stomach problem under control and watching my points again. Hopefully, I will start dropping #s again.

Happy First Day of Summer to everyone! Got laundry to hang out in the sunshine today.

Take care all,
"Bright"

DNW
06-22-2003, 01:03 AM
I have a few minutes now that it's Saturday night and wanted to drop in to say hello to all the old-timers and the new ladies!!

I finally started exercising again and feel really good about it...I also feel physically good too!

Today I did 45 minutes of walking outside and then 15 minutes of a Leslie Sansome tape. For some strange reason I like her tapes...I have heard on this thread some folks here use them so I bought them on Amazon.com but the quality isn't very good on tapes one and two so I may have to send them back and get new ones...cause their working for me.

Tiger I have a B.A. in Fine Art too...but I don't work in the field of Art either.

Work has been a bear and I haven't had too much time to post during the day.

Didn't want my gals to think I went AWOL.

Smooches to my babers...:grouphug:

Jello
06-23-2003, 09:53 AM
We need a "crash and burn" smilie. :( How 'bout this one? :bomb: Oh I don't know. All I do know is that I did it this weekend. I'm trying the low-carb thing for another week and promise to be good. But all I know is that on Friday night ... and Saturday ... and Sunday, I NEEDED carbs!!! I had to have starches. And, oh brother, did I ever! :cry: They say if you do this long enough, you don't crave carbs any more. Guess I couldn't do it long enough or something. I would have eaten an entire loaf of bread, plain, right out of the bag if someone had given it to me. As it was, I dug into the granola bars and the reduced fat coffee cakes. Even ate a couple handfulls of cereal right out of the box. Want to talk about guilt? :sorry:

So as I said, I'm going to try this low carb thing again but maybe I'll be a little less stringent? Friday night's dinner, for example, was chicken breast and veggies. Now if I could have had just a slice of bread or a small roll with that, I would have been satisfied, I think. Wonder if that would work? :?:

The good news - in the first week of the plan, I lost 7 pounds!! Now I know that's not unusual for the first week of any plan but it's nice to see the "next lower decade" on the scale. And as I said, there's no way I can keep this up. I'm feeling too deprived and really resenting it. Grumble. There's got to be a happy medium somewhere.

I've rambled on about myself long enough. I promise to come back later and talk about more important things than me. But for now, the boss is lurking. Wonder if he's noticed yet that I'm not speaking to him??? Probably not.

More later!

SEMO
06-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Hello, and a happy Monday. Had a great time in Nashville, we went to the National Hockey League drawing Saturday. All the hockey team leaders were there picking rookies. I'm not a big fan of sports but I'll have to say it was interesting and lots and lots of excited fans. First time it's been hosted in Nashville and Nashville's hockey team is only 5 years old, so it was a big deal for them. Son and DNL love all sports.

Did well eating and walked tons until late yesterday, don't know what happened but just could not get full.

The guys all worked this weekend, including yesterday. Wednesday is the cut off for having invoices entered for the month so I'll be putting in some more OT. YA' HEAR THAT VISA, you'll be getting a nice payment again this month. :D Youngest son has an interview in St Louis tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for him.

Well, I've gotta get............

Tigerlily
06-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Brain Cell

Once upon a time, there was a female brain cell which,
by mistake, happened to end up in a man's head.. She
looked around nervously, but it was all empty and
quiet.

"Hello?" she cried...but no answer.

"Is there anyone here?" she cried a little louder, but
still no answer...

Now the female brain cell started to feel alone and
scared, and yelled: "HELLO, IS THERE ANYONE HERE?"

Then she heard a voice from far, far away ...

"Hello - we're all down here...." :D

huntress
06-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Hello to all!

Thought I'd drop by quickly this morning before things get crazy. I'm doing fine except I had a bit of a rough weekend. One of these days I'm gonna learn to do something about it.

Jello - Congrats on the 7 #'s! Woo Hoo! Good luck with your cravings. I could never get past them. Not sure if it's true that you ever lose them but I know my friends who are doing Atkins still have problems from time to time. They use the low-carb bread mixes and bars and it seems to help.

Have a great day all...........

LJ

Cafe976
06-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Happy Monday, all!

Glad to see the thread didn't die after all - thanks for the support. ;)

Good weekend here, but aunt flo came to town this a.m. and she was packing some resentment...

SEMO - you've got to tell me more about your swimsuit! If you can remember, look at the tag. At 31, some things already are pointing the way south for all the rest to follow. I *need* this swimsuit. :o

Faye - glad to hear the hair turned out well! Thanks for sharing your exercise progress, it's a good reminder of the benefits we reap from exercise besides weight loss. You are doing awesome!

DNW - are these the WATP tapes I've heard of or something different?

Tiger - being a SAHM is a tough job. I think most women expect that, since it's an 'ideal' way to raise a family, that it will be fulfilling in and of itself. Wrong, LOL! It's got it's challenges and pitfalls, too and so many women get depressed. I always give full Kudo's to chicks like you. You're not wasting your time or your degree (like you owe something to the piece of paper?) or your potential. It's just a different challenge that you've signed on for and the hard thing is, part of the battle is mental - how to keep yourself stimulated. The creativity and discipline you needed to get the BA in ID - the education will help you be a better mom. :goodvibes:

Jello - You had a great week. Hit it hard again this week, but plan ahead to make some allowances for yourself. Just don't give up!

Bright - A quick HI right back atcha! ;)

Huntress - Hope your week improves. :)

~Cafe, hittin' the hot chocolate hard this a.m. - have to make up for it by walking at lunchtime.

Jello
06-23-2003, 01:57 PM
:lol: Thanks Tiger! I really needed that! So true. LOL.

Feeling a little better now. Boss overheard me complaining to a coworker about him but I guess he couldn't deny everything I said was true so he just walked away. :p

Semo, sounds like a great trip to Nashville. Glad you had such a good time. :)

Cafe, share some of that hot chocolate with me? On second thought, better not. We just recently got a cappucino machine in our cafeteria. Darn good stuff. I've been keeping my distance. Your "Aunt" sounds like mine. For now ... :s: I plan to kill her soon. Bwahahahahahaha!!

Speaking of keeping my distance, I kept it from the cake on Friday. :tape: Went back later and there was just a tiny little bit left. Looked like it'd been "handled" or dropped or something. Yuck. No thanks.

DNW, glad to see you again. And great job on getting the body moving! How goes the new job prospect? Any news?

Faye, like Cafe, I'm glad you had such good success with the new hair dresser. Don't you just love it when men say "oh, just go anywhere....". Not!

Forgot to tell you all. Spent the weekend painting the master bedroom. Blue with darker blue and blue-green sponging effects. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Actually, only painted 3 of the 4 walls. :?: The other one needed some patching and the plaster didn't dry in time. (How dare it!? :lol: ) Not sure if I'll do the same with the fourth wall or something a bit different. Could look really weird or be something new and exciting.

Huntress, I actually bought some of the low-carb pasta. Just haven't tried it yet. I did use the low-carb ketchup over the weekend. It's really GOOD!!! :D Who knew!?

Have to go now. Big ol' salad with turkey, cheese and egg waiting for me for lunch. Still can't break myself away from the fat free cold meats and low-cal/low-fat salad dressings. Guess that's a good thing though?

I'm tryin' ... I'm tryin'....

gma22
06-23-2003, 04:06 PM
Hey everybody!

Hope today is going well for you. It is hot and sunny here today. Pretty humid though.

Jello: At the bottom of the post I sent a pic of the stripes we did in our bedroom. They look crooked, but they were perfectly straight. It was the way I was standing to take the pic. This gives you an idea of what stripes might look like vertically.

Cafe: Personally, I think we need to find someway to permanently jail FLO! I know of no women who welcomes her into their home. :lol: Hope you are feeling a little better and you have kicked out Swiss Miss too! :lol: :lol:

Tiger: Very cute poem!

SEMO: Sounds like the weekend was fun. You go girl. Not only will Visa be happy, but just think, it frees it back up again! :lol: :lol:

DNW: You go girl! Once you get into a pattern of exercising, you can keep it up.

Bright: Hi to you too. You will find I have a few screws loose, but dh loves me anyhow! :lol:

Kind of a lazy weekend. We went and saw Hollywood Homicide, which had funny parts but go to the matinee. It isn't worth full price.

Talk to you gals later!

Faye

Tigerlily
06-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Hello. I can't believe it's STILL Monday.
Wouldn't it be great if we could design our own swimsuits. I'd like to take the best parts of last years suit and the best parts of this years suit....walll-la....the perfect suit. Um, yeah, I'm still pondering over the beach trip this week. I had DS take pics of me in the new suit...no I'm not gonna post them...I just wanted to SEE what I looked like. You know the weird thing...I was more put off by my double chin/neck area. :dz: I could use the sarong for a scarf. :lol:

Jello, I hear ya on the carb thing. I did really good for one week and had a good loss. I quickly gained it back when I quit low carb'n. On the plus side, it made me more aware of carbs and I try to choose more wisely now. I still keep wondering if I should try it again. :chin:

Faye, nice stripes, very slimming. :D

Cafe, thanks for the SAHM/Degree pep talk :goodvibes I'm greatful I can stay home with my little peeps. If only they knew how lucky they were.:p

:high: to everyone else!

Jello
06-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Well, Tiger, the truth of it is that I've kinda had it with the low-carb. This morning I had an Atkins breakfast bar. Low carb, right? Says 14g of carbs :yikes: but supposedly you only count 2 of them because of the fiber and glycerin amounts or something. :?: Huh???? But it also had something ridiculous like 180 calories and 8g of fat. OMG! No, I just can't seem to stop worrying about fat grams and calories.

One thing that really scared me was a section of the book where the guy talks about how YOU CANNOT "CHEAT" at all. Just one little slip will make you gain weight. At least that's what it sounds like he's saying. You're allowed 20 grams of carbs but if you eat 21, you blow up like a balloon!?!? :dance: Just sounds a bit weird to me. But after this past weekend, I'm beginning to wonder ....

OK, done whining.

Tiger, I agree with you on the bathing suits. Actually, I like to see really old photos of women on the beach wearing those big long "pantaloon" type suits. Can't show too much leg ... or any other part. :lol:

Faye, I like the look of your room with the stripes but I'm afraid my rooms are all too small to carry that off. Any striping I did would have to be thinner stripes in lighter colors I think.

I have to go. Boss just passed by me and looks like he's in a mood AGAIN. :mad: Oh why doesn't this guy just quit or something if he's so unhappy with his life here. I guess misery just loves company. Grumble.

Gotta run. Later.

SEMO
06-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Quick check in, then I gotta go! Busy, busy, busy.

Cafe, the swim suit is by Carol Wior, qvc also carries her suits. Got mine a lot cheaper at Penneys at the end of the year. Thinking it was somewhere around $40. And after looking at it this morning it does have an underwire.

Tig, I would love to be a stay at home wife. The only problem I had when I was home with the kids was that every working mother thought I had time to tend to their kids and play taxi.

Going now, back later.

Cafe976
06-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Good morning ladies! Just checking in real quick. I *did* go for walkies yesterday. V. humid here so it was pretty sweaty, painful and nauseated. It was a difficult day, Aunt Flo kicked my butt. Even the Swiss Miss couldn't take her down, LOL. Today she is submissive so that's a good thing.

Completed our refinance yesterday. Of course, interest rates are already lower, again! But still, I'm saving $1000 a year on payments and I'm not going to worry about a quarter of a point or whatnot.

Faye - I'm keeping the Swiss Miss in reserve, so far so good. Thanks for sharing the pic, the stripes seem to work well!

Tig - I have wanted to do that before, the swimsuit picture, because you don't really know... but I'm not that brave, LOL!

Jello - Hang in there! Maybe you would like the Zone diet - it's similar but lower fat, a balanced amount of carbs. But stick it out if you can, at least until you have an alternative plan in place. I'm proud of you for giving it the college try.

The thing is, each plan works if you follow it, and they all make us change behavior... I think all the second guessing about WHAT plan is a trick we play on ourselves. 'This can't be right, why am I doing it?'

SEMO - thanks for the swimsuit info! Going to look now... :devil:

sassysus
06-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Good Afternoon!

I have only been in here lurking a few times, and posted once, but i have enjoyed reading the comments/ideas you have.
I have been eating low sugar now for a few weeks and its working for me. :) I have lost one size and would like to lose another-im not so concerned about the pounds, as i am am inches and size!

Jello: having had a hysterectomy 6 months ago i would definitely find some drawstring sleep bottoms, i wore them all the time after the first week or so. Until then i wore long nightshirts, because, bending over to pull those pants on in the first few days is near impossible and very painful!

Well, i must go, need some more water take care all:cool:

Tigerlily
06-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Hello Gals,
It's been an up and down day. Up...I ate a good breakfast, Up...I found a cute skirt and tank top at Goodwill for 3 bucks. Down...when leaving the store my Bronco was acting up, Down...I ate TWO Little Debbies. Like that was going to make the Bronco feel better.:dz: Only made me feel worse. Ugh!

Hi Sassysus, welcome to our little corner of 3FC.

Cafe walking in the humidity! Kudos. It is darn hot/humid here too. The only walking I've done is from the lawn chair to the kiddie pool. :cool:

Tomorrow is Beach day if I can get there. *grumble.Bronco.grumble* Twice I've tried on swimsuits, going back and forth from old one to new one. Neither one works miracles, so guess it doesn't matter.

The house is a mess, but I'm going outside to work on my tan. Maybe I'll blend in with the sand tomorrow. :p

Jello
06-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Tiger, here's my "expert car advice". If your car starts making strange noises ... turn up the radio so you can't hear them. :rolleyes:

No, seriously, I hope it's nothing too serious. And hope you make it to the beach. Ah, fun in the sun. Just what a gal needs!

Cafe, walking in the humidity WITH Aunt Flo!!!! Wow! You are a strong gal! :strong: I can hardly do more than get out of bed when Auntie's in town OR when it's so stinkin' hot outside you can hardly breathe. Remember to drink lots of H2O!

That goes for all of you!!! :soap: Working and/or walking outside on hot hot hot days (it's supposed to hit 95 with a heat index of 105 today) can be dangerous. If you start to feel cramps and thirst, it's already too late!

Yeah, nag nag nag. Another advertisement for what our Tiffany calls "the debil water". :devil:

Speaking of which, where is that girl!!!! :mad:

Sassy (hope you don't mind I call you that :lol: ) thanks for the advice. I actually had in fact thought about the problems I might have doing things like pulling up my pants. :o And I do own some drawstring "jammies" and they're light-weight just in time for summer and the August heat.

Hey did I tell you guys? Rich bought me a DVD player over the weekend. We've now got it installed in the bedroom (the pretty new blue bedroom) along with the VCR so I can laze around all day while I'm home.

...Or not. Actually, he also hooked up my treadmill in my pink room so I can get back to walking when I feel up to it. So much for lazing around all day. ;) Air conditioners and fans in both rooms so I should be all set. What a good guy. :love:

I'm rambling again. I'll go now. Frenchmen due in today. Too much to do. Talk to you all later!

Tigerlily
06-25-2003, 09:48 AM
BEACH DAY!:fr: I think the initial shock of exposing myself in a suit will be the hardest. I'll feel all naked for a while.:hot: I'll have my two boys and my sister has 3 kids...4, 2 and 9mos. It should be interesting. My Mom took a vacation day and is going to join us.

On the Bronco news...it's at the doctor. :( DH ranting that I need to get another vehicle. :no:Not with my bad luck anyway. Speaking of bad luck...I have to drive his spank'n new pretty truck today. *shudder* Makes me nervous. Makes HIM nervous.:^:

Jello, when did you end up scheduling your surgery for? Sounds like you are all set up. Don't forget to rent a stack of movies!

Hope everyone is staying cool!
I'm off to find the cooler and start getting things around for the great exposure.

gma22
06-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Good morning, all! Short post as I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready to leave tomorrow. You all wave at me when I pass by your towns!

I am coloring my hair, did my nails and toenails last night and have been working on a "sunless" tan that seems to have come out alright. I just wanted a little tan on my legs since I am not wearing hose to the wedding.

Tiger: Hope you can get your vehicle repaired. We are down to one car because I am not working. Dh has an old acclain to drive to work, but it has a couple of fairly expensive problems so those aren't getting fixed until I can find a job! Have fun at the beach! It is going to be really hot here today too! It is already 80.

Jello: you make sure you take good care of yourself while you are on the mend! Don't try to do too much!

Well, I better skedaddle, looks like time is up for my hair! Don't want it to fall out! :lol:

Faye

SEMO
06-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Hello and happy Hump Day, I keep telling myself that I can make it until the weekend. I worked until 7:30 last night and went home, colored my hair, took a shower and flopped on the sofa for the rest of the night. Yaíll, I can feel myself slipping back, Iím not exercising, and have started eating more than I should. Please tell me why it is that I get within 15 pounds of goal and I just lose itÖ.. At this point Iím not sure what itís gonna take to get me motivated again. I know Iím tired, springs are always hectic in this business, but this spring seems to have been much worse. (Not just me saying it either) Iíve just got to get a grip, Oh How I Need A Vacation!!

Speaking of vacations, DH and I are trying to decide where to go that would be within a days drive and have fun things to do when we get there for two or three days. Any suggestions?

OMG, I keep having chest pains......... went to investigate, the underwire in my bra is poking out and sticking me in the chest! I'm afraid to pull it out ( -_ ) and don't know if I can stand it until lunch. I've poked it back in but it keeps coming out! This is not helping my day!!

Well, I've got to run, have a fun day.

Cafe976
06-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Hump Day! Or, in Tiger's case, beach day. No beach day for me, sigh. Have a blast, Tig! :hyper:

Hey there, Sassy. I guess that's your name now, I hope you like it, LOL! Congrats on the size lost and welcome. Low sugar sounds like it works... more details for the curious, please.

And now for the truth about my hot walk with Auntie. I did have the motivation of being out to run an errand with a coworker. We had to go find the police station downtown here, it was uphill of course, so she could get a copy of a police report. SO, it wasn't ONLY good intentions that kept me going.

Not that I don't deserve a medal for that one anyway, LOL.

Still, it was rainy here yesterday and we went walking in the skyways anyway. This coworker is back on Adkins. All these low carb people make me want to try it, ya know?

Faye - how was the wedding?

SEMO, this is going to sound funny, for as many times as I have typed your name, but I was thinking, how the heck do I know what's close to her? LOL! You're in SEMO - duh!!

Whew! Going to check the maps. :dizzy:

Cafe976
06-25-2003, 11:37 AM
SEMO - 2 words, duct tape! Seriously, can you do something with office supplies to keep that loose end in? Girl, I have BEEN there. Yowch!

gma22
06-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Cafe: The wedding is THIS Saturday so we are leaving tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know. I can't wait to go.

Semo: Even paper towel would help tucked around the sticking out point. Ouch that has to hurt, though you scared the you know what out of me when you began you were having chest pains! Hey, come to Memphis, we have Graceland (UGH!), casinos about 1/2 hour away, Beale Street and all its clubs, which is fun, great weather, etc.

Well, looks like my self tanning stuff has been on long enough so now I can take a shower.

TTFN
Faye

SEMO
06-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the remedies for the pokie bra wire. Now to get one of the guys to get me some duck tape.......

Tig, have a fun day at the beach, remember to wear your sun protection. Don't want any fry babies.

Sorry Sassy, I forgot to give you a welcome, glad you're joining us.

Faye, we were sort of thinking about going back to Gulf Shores, AL. It's a hard days drive but the rest of the time spent just relaxing on the beach. We like Memphis and St Louis and go there for a quick weekend trips. (Sorry I scared you with the chest pain........ I didn't know what it was, but it sure hurt)

Okay, back to work.

Cafe976
06-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Faye! That cracked up. I would usually be doing all of the above at the very last minute. So I figured the wedding was last night (unusual, but who am I to question?) I guess the joke is on me. :shrug:

gma22
06-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Cafe: I am OCD so I tend, no I ALWAYS do things way in advance. I drive my dh nuts most of the time. I wanted him to go into the attic and get the luggage so I could pack last night, but he kind of dodged it so we are doing it tonight. Because his plant in on the way out of town, we load up the car the night before except for our hygiene bag, snacks, and drinks and then put them in in the morning. I take him to work, take the pets to the kennel and then pick him up at 3. He changes clothes at work and washes up as much as he can. I have all the food bagged up, the cold stuff all organized in the fridge so it can be snatched quickly and put in the cooler, animal's bag, dh's bag with the gps, camera, audio tapes, etc., and the wedding gift all downstairs on the counter. I have all the hygiene stuff lined up on the vanity to go into the bag and my clothes and shoes pulled out of the closet for packing. It is a nutty life, but my darling dh has learned to live with me.

SEMO: Gulf Shores is where my grandson just was. I guess he took to the ocean like a porpoise. My dd said she could hardly get him to talk to her when she called because he was so excited about everything. I would love to be a little bird to hear your excuse for wanting duct tape....."Mac, I need some duct tape. Why? Well, I am getting shishkabobbed by my bra and it is killing my boob!" :lol:

Tiger: Hope you are having lots of fun today and I reiterate what SEMO says don't forget that sunblock. Where did you go to the beach up there, the dunes? Haven't been there since dh and I started dating and the dunes are probably little sand piles now it was so long ago! :lol:

Here is the new haircut and earrings I am wearing to the wedding. I think they will go well with the wooden bead necklace.

Faye

SEMO
06-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Faye, what a lovely lady you are. Gosh, I only wish that I could wear my hair that short. I have cow licks (southern expression) everywhere. Just vision a hampster in the morning! What type tan in a can do you use that you can shower after it dries without it washing down the drain? I use tan towels from hsn and altho they aren't perfect, they are the best that I've found so far. Oh and what was the name of the thriller book that you just finished? I looked back for it and can't find where you typed it. Too lazy to look for long.

Gotta run.

Cafe976
06-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Wow! Faye, I love the hair. You will be the belle of the ball.

My DH thought I was crazy last night, I put a flashlight and a little radio in my bag when we went to worship. Well, there were tornado warnings out for 5 counties including one next to ours. I said, "if it came to that, and you were in the basement with 100 people, would you want light or no light?" LOL. So I can relate a little to your packing, I think.

When we got home it still wasn't raining, but there were tornado warnings for 12 counties going including the one next to ours, again - so he just couldn't tease me after that. :s: Not to worry, no unfortunate weather impacted Chez Cafe, except a little hard rain and possibly hail which I opened only 1 eye for.

gma22
06-25-2003, 08:12 PM
SEMO: The name of the book is The Vanished Man by Jeffrey Deaver. It will say it is a Lincoln Rhyme novel (who is the central character) GREAT book and the author is such a nice man. Anyone that takes time out to respond to your e-mail gets my vote! Thanks for the compliment. I sure wish I could tighten the chin skin up though. It is nice that is isn't all fat anymore, but I was not going for the turkey look either! I use Neutrogena. It is a yellow bottle with a pump. It is a foam and works great. Does NOT streak. It says wait any hour before showering or swimming and I do and it hasn't come off. God was good to me. I was born with fine but great hair.

Cafe: I could just see you......The lights flicker, then go out! The crowd in the basement forgets to keep praying and starts panicking. Here comes Cafe to the rescue: "I have a light, I have a light!" The preacher thinks you said you were going towards the light and asks for prayer for you before you die! :lol:
Sorry, I don't know how staid your worship on Weds nights is, but ours has always been a Bible Study and prayer time and very serious.

Well I need to go and help dh finish putting stuff in the car. We are all done except for loading. Talk to you tomorrow!

Faye

DNW
06-25-2003, 09:51 PM
gma2one: Your preparations to leave town sound exactly like mine...Bob calls it anal retentive...I call it organized.

Semo: My dearest sister...you have worked really hard since Xmas and before on your health and exercising. There is no problem with taking a break...but now you have to think about gettin' back on the horse. Don't be like me and wait 6 months...I am finally back on track and starting to feel really good again physically. Forget about the last 15 pounds for now...just try to concentrate on exercising because it's good for your heart and also women who exercise regularly have a decreased risk of 40% in getting breast cancer...that should be all the motivation you need...don't you think?

Tiger: The beach sounds like so much fun...have a great time.

Cafe: Glad you weren't hit by tornadoes...we never have them here for the most part, although every once in a while South Jersey gets them because it's farmland down there, and tends to be flat in places.

Jello: How are you doin' honey? Getting ready for the big day? You're going to feel great after a few days...hope you keep taking the vitamin C until just before the procedure...but check with your doctor how many days before the surgery you should stop...that would go for aspirin too since it's blood thinner, which is not good before surgery.

A big Hello and where the heck are you to Sassysus, Brighter, Quilter, and Tiffany?

For myself I am working like the proverbvial canine and Bob and I are going to Princeton to stay at a hotel for the weekend just to get away. The price is right and the Westin in Princeton, NJ, has pools and jacuzzi, and it's not my apartment...so all that's a plus. Bob is thinking of changing jobs again since the nursing market is so good....and the salaries are sky high...here we go again...I shouldn't complain though...everytime he leaves a job it means more $$$...but I am not a job hopper by nature so I just don't get it. However I do love the money from my honey...and I get it all...just like my Mom did.

Talk to you all soon. Smooches :grouphug:

Tigerlily
06-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Up bright and early this morning. Need to make up for my day at the beach.:p

Can you believe THREE people asked me where I got my swimsuit?! :flow2: That definately helped my self image. And, my skinny sister didn't wear a suit! She said she didn't have one. She has been pregnant and nursing two years in a row, so I can see why. So, it helped not having to sit next to her in a swimsuit. I survived! Minor sunburn on a couple spots where I missed getting the sunscreen. :^:

Faye, have a good time on your trip! How long does it take you to get up here? Nice hair cut. I'm never brave enough to go that short. My beach trip was in Warsaw...Central Park. It's between my sis and me...she lives in Fort Wayne.

DNW, geez, seems like you just went out of town. I'm green with envy. Have fun!

SEMO, Flashlights...I can never find one that works having two boys! I've tried hiding one for emergency, but they always find out about it. The storms are moving my way. We need the rain, but hope it isn't too severe.

Jello, where did u vanish to yesterday? Dont say those smelly french men made u work. :rolleyes:

DH is on vacation next week. At most, we will probably go to the zoo and maybe to the Drive In theatre. Big plans are too power wash the house/deck and stain it & work on the dirt pit surrounding the pond. Par-tay!

Off to get a head start cleaning before the mess makers wake up:devil:

Jello
06-26-2003, 09:45 AM
:lol: LOL, Tiger! Smelly frenchmen. Giggle.

Actually, they were supposed to be here by 2:00 and didn't arrive 'till after 4. Then they were raring to go and everyone here wanted to go home. :mad: I hardly got a chance to say hello before I was outta here and off to Curves. Too bad, eh?

Faye, love the hair! I'll repeat what others were saying - I don't know if I could go that short. But it looks so cool and easy for the summer! Hmm..... :chin: Love the earrings too! Oh and thanks for the advice on sunless tanning. I think I'll have to try that.

DNW, I'm taking my Vitamin C faithfully every day. I have an appt. with my surgeon on July 17 so I'll ask him about taking it any longer or when I should stop, etc.

Tiger, glad the suit (and YOU in it ;) ) was such a hit at the beach. Um, any chance of a photo....?

Cafe, it's not crazy to be well-prepared! Just like in the girl scouts! We had a big storm a week or so ago and lost our power for a couple hours. The lights flickered, we looked at each other and each said "where are the flashlights?", started to get up ... and then the lights went out. Pretty funny trying to scramble around and crashing into each other in the dark. :lol:

You guys talking about books and stuff reminds me to ask - any suggestions on movies or DVDs I should rent during my "lady of leisure" days would be appreciated!

Well, I've got frenchmen at the door and an empty water bottle so I should go. ... oh yeah, and some work to do ... I guess ... :rolleyes: Talk to you later!

SEMO
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Good Morning to all, it's raining here and my electric went out about 6:30 this morning. I did realize, while putting my makeup on in a bathroom with no window, that I don't look too bad in a dark room with only a flicker of candle light!:lol: It's been too long since I've had a candlelit dinner!:(

DNW, Yes, I know, My mind knows, I just can't get the rest of me to cooperate. I'm trying.

Tig, glad the suit and the day worked out and that you had fun.

Jello, don't get any tear jerkers or funny movies for the first couple of days. No crying or hard laughing girl. I would be happy watching HGTV for a few days non stop.

Faye, thanks for the book info, I love thrillers. I've been on a John Grissiom kick for awhile and am ready for something more nail biting. I've always loved scary movies too. BTW, I liked the earings too.

Cafe, wished I'd had your flashlight this morning, all mine had dead batteries! I wasn't a girlscout! :o

Sassy, you're going to have to stop in more often. Tell us about yourself.

Huntress, Bright, Tif, Dyan, sending out a big HELLO. Stop in when you can.

Back to work.

sassysus
06-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Good morning all! And thank you for the nice welcome!

Cafe: I am doing low sugar, which basically means i am not eating anything that has refined sugars, cane sugars and all those lovely "ose" sugars!, as well as "anything white" ie) white bread, white potatoes-sweet ones are ok, because these all turn to sugar very quickly in your body Basically its a lot like the way diebetics eat. After a few days your body actually stops craving sugar-its been amazing for me-a total chocoholic. One thing i like about this is that i can still eat pasta, and i don't worry so much about fat and calories-too much work for me with 3 kids! I never realized that all those low fat foods are packed with sugar!
Sorry to ramble! Once I get started on my new way of eating i start to tell a sermon lol!

Jello: when is your surgery date?

Hope everyone has a great day! today is supposed to be the last day of our heat wave-yesterday with the humidity it was 42 C! thats warm! going to go catch some rays before it gets too hot out!:cool:

Tigerlily
06-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Movies for Jello...
Old standbys at my house (remember I have 2 boys)
Shrek, The Goonies, Meet the Parents, Twister (or maybe not this time of year), Atlantis the cartoon, Monsters Inc, Dances with Wolves...recent rentals, Sweet Home Alabama and Catch Me If You Can.
Oh, and me in a swimsuit photo.... :lol: I deleted the ones DS took of me for my appaisal right after I looked at them.:s:

SEMO, I think everything looks better in low lighting! DH and DS's always turing on the big overhead lights. I follow behind turning them off, turning on lamps. Men.

I'm suppose to be cleaning house....

DNW
06-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Jello: OK I would watch Farenheit 454, Magnolia, The Hours, any Ingmar Bergman flim from the 70's, any subtitled foreign films, and Gerard Dipardeau in anything subtitled or not...but that is just me...I like the heavy, artsy stuff...go figure. Also the Tempest with John Cassavetes, and every other film he directed, and anything Gena Rowlands is in from the 70's-80's, and any Martin Scorcese film.....can you tell I'm from the NYC area???? :lol:

Semo: I know you're trying. But I am going to be a pain in the butt because you helped me when I felt not so great and you are such a sweetie I want to be your cheerleader....Go Semo...Go Semo!!!!!!!!!!!!RAH-H-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tig: Actually the reason we are going away again is that we got a partial refund from the B&B in Cape May because while I was eating breakfast on the last day I almost swallowed a very sharp piece of plastic that was on my plate....which the cook did not see...so the owners gave us back $250 on the very expensive stay and we are using that on a two day stay that will cost the same....besides old Bob is fried from work!!

Sassy: Your plan sounds like a good one....maybe I'll try it.

Love to everyone else...smoochies :grouphug:

Jello
06-26-2003, 04:22 PM
Ah Semo, a candlelight dinner. I haven't had one of those in a long time either. Hmm... I need to find a romantic restaurant ... that's also low-carb. Oh never mind. The magic's gone. :p

Thanks though Semo for the movie advice. I'd forgotten about the dangers of laughter in my situation! :hyper:

DNW, I think you're a little too cerebral for me, girlie! :shrug: Then again, I haven't seen Farenheit 451 since college!!! Now that would be a good one. BTW, have a great trip. Plastic in the food!?! Boy, some people would do anything for a free trip. ;)

Tiger, you definitely DO have young kids! But there were a couple on your list that I'd love to see and, if I've seen them before, to see again. Loved Dances With Wolves ... until what happened to Two Socks. :cry:

Sassy, surgery date is July 29. It had originally been scheduled for July 8 but there was a snafu in scheduling or something. So now I have to wait until my doctor is back from his 2-week vacation. Hm, well at least he'll be well-rested I hope. :crossed:

Well, off I go again. One thing I do like about this weight loss program is that I'm supposed to eat 6 times a day. There are days when I just sit and wait for the clock until it's time for my next "feeding" :moo: Today's one of those days I'm afraid. Ah but I did find some protein shakes that are high protein, low carb, low fat and not too terrible on calories. And they taste good. :T

Well, that's not so bad, is it?

brighterdays
06-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Hi all,

I'm still alive and breathing....just on vacation and trying to pack in everything I can!

SEMO: Have you read any Dean Koontz books? I started with "Cold Fires" and found it to be a bit mystical and a bit sci-fi and well written. He has several others out but the only one I must warn you about is "Intensity"---it's a bit graphic in the beginning due to the murder stuff going on.... I've read almost all of John Grisham's books, also. A funny female author is Jennifer Cruisie--I can't remember the first of her books I read but it was so funny that I couldn't put it down (loaned it to a friend and it hasn't arrived back yet or I'd have a name for you). 15# within goal---lucky girl!

Jello: Sweet Home Alabama, The Rookie (with Dennis Quaid), Hope Floats, Legends of the Fall (with Brad Pitt!), are a few of my favorites. Wish we lived closer so I could loan you my copies.

DNW: Sounds like a nice weekend planned...have fun!

Tiger: I was brave enough to try on suits the other day also----ended up buying one but haven't had the opportunity to wear it. Sounds like yours was a hit!

Welcome Sassy! You will find this to be a nice thread to land on!

Gma2one: Have fun at the wedding! I think I have those same earrings and I love wearing them! I wish I was brave enough to go short also. Must be these full cheeks that my mama blest me with!

Cafe: I know how you feel with the flashlight! I keep one with me or close by! It is so humid here that I've been afraid to walk for a bit....might try tonight since the heat is cooling off.

Huntress: Where are you girl? Hope you are keeping cool down there!

Missing Tiff, Dyan, & little Kayla.

:cool: Bright

Tigerlily
06-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Hello Peeps!
Friday! DH starts vacation today. Let the household projects begin! :D

Bright, I second the vote for Dean Koontz. I've read a lot of his stuff. Brad Pitt, Legends of the Falls :love:

I haven't been on the scale for a few days. I was thinking...(scary)...maybe I'm going about this all wrong. I need to quit thinking about the weight, size. And start thinking about just feeling better. Exercise to feel better, clear my head, work off stress. Thinking I need to loose 50 pounds is stressful, seems out of reach. Thinking about just feeling better...short term...maybe that's what I need. Quit thinking about the weight, make other goals. :chin:

Jello, how's Curves going?

Semo, get that booty moving! You are almost to goal!

Exercise makes us feel wonderful! :cb:(subliminal message)

Jello
06-27-2003, 10:08 AM
TGIF!!! Been a long hot week. Know what I did last night? Had a light beer. Big deal, you say? Well, it was my first beer (or alcohol of any kind) in over 2 weeks. My, it was tasty! Um, how many carbs in beer? Oh never mind. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

A girl here at work and I had a long heart-to-heart yesterday. She's overweight and fine with it. She's very pretty - blond hair, blue eyes, cute and nice and very personable with 2 cute little blond haired, blue eyed daughters who look just like her and are very polite and sweet. She has friends and dates and enjoys life. :dancer:

Annnnnyway, she said she finally decided that she was tired of dieting, tired of worrying about the scale and how many calories and fat grams and feeling deprived, etc. Now she doesn't eat like a :ink: or go really overboard but she well, enjoys life more. And she said although she hasn't lost weight, she hasn't gained either. She still walks with her friend just about every day and drinks lots of water but she eats "normally". And she buys very nice plus-size clothes and is very comfortable with her body.

OK, now I haven't quite reached that point. I still keep thinking "someday I'll be thin" but I'm wondering if I fret about it entirely too much. :( Oh who knows? :?: Still wishing there was an easy answer to all of this weight-loss stuff.

And in the next breath, Jello says ...

I'm going to Curves tomorrow morning for my 2-month weigh-in and measurements. :o Hoping for some good results, especially with the measurements. Still loving Curves! :D

Tiger, sounds like you've got a great "vacation" lined up. I just love the weekends and days off for projects and painting and stuff. Yeah, I've got to get out more! :rolleyes:

Brighter, thanks for the movie ideas. I've been writing these all down. I think I must be one of only 2 or 3 people left on the planet who haven't seen Legends of the Fall. Gotta rent that one! P.S. I'm a Dean Koontz and John Grisham fan too.

Well, we're once again having a day of temps in the 90's with a heat index around 110. :stress: But they're saying the weekend is supposed to be in the 80's, partly sunny and with a nice breeze!! :cp: Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Gotta go. Apparently, things aren't going well with the frenchmen. :( Yeah well, they didn't bring me any french perfume or anything so why should I care. :snooty:

Later!

SEMO
06-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Good Morning and happy FRIDAY!! :dance: :dancer: :flow2: Seems this week has flown by. Guess what, I got some exercise in this morning, also swept the kitchen, hall bath and hall, vacuumed the living room and our bedroom. Ahhhhhhh, I feel a little better just knowing that I got a little something done at home.

Yep, Dean Koontz is a favorite of mine too. And I thought I was the only WIERD one here! :D There's a good second hand book store in Cape, I'll look for Jennifer Cruisie the next time I'm in there. I ordered "Spanish behind the Wheel" yesterday, I've always wanted to learn spanish, it's more on speaking/learning the everyday language and is designed to be learned while driving. Let you know how it goes.

Jello, you know we spend too much time being unhappy with our bodies. Life is too short to be unhappy, we just have to learn how to enjoy the journey because a number on the scale won't make us happy for the rest of our lives. I know I want to be at a smaller weight but that won't fix any other things in my life. So just be happy for the moment. I think your co-worker may have something :chin:

Bright, what did you do for a vacation? We are trying to decide.

Okay, if I don't want to work tomorrow, I've got to get busy.

Cafe976
06-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone!~Happy Friday!

I'm in a fog today - maybe a pre-migraine kind of thing. I took some drugs, but I can't think of a darn thing to say! Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm here, and interested, just feeling a little brain dead, LOL. :dizzy:

Everyone have a great weekend, OP!!

sassysus
06-28-2003, 12:44 AM
:cool:

Hey all!

Well i hope everyone has a great weekend! We are off to a cottage for the next 7 days- i can hardly wait! Finally got all the packing done-there are 5 of us so it took a while!

Have a great week!

sassy (sus)

Jello
06-30-2003, 09:39 AM
NO activity over the weekend!?!? :?: How unlike us! Ah, well, tough to squeeze in internet stuff when we're all glamorous, fabulous, popular ladies of the world, right?

Weigh-in and measurements on Saturday. I've lost about 4 and a half pounds in the past month. Woooooo Hooooooo!! More importantly, I've lost inches just about everywhere. Except my stupid thighs. :mad: Darn thunder thighs anyway. Just won't cooperate.

Spent most of the weekend working on little stuff around the house. Big event yesterday for Jello was bra shopping. Ooh. Ahh. :rolleyes: Been so long since I bought any new ones so I figured it was time. Macy's was having a 50% off all Bali bras. I bought 3 so that should "hold me" for a while.

Get it!? Hold me! :lol: I slay me! :D

Not much new to report. The weather was a little cooler but still entirely too hot and humid to do much outside but I braved it for a while. Spent the rest of my free time in front of the TV. So there. :p

And now it's work time. Blah.....

Cafe976
06-30-2003, 11:00 AM
LOL! Jello, you crack me up. Congrats on your losses! I'm proud of you and the consistent effort you've been putting in.

Nothing to report here, just checking in. I had a good weekend catching up on things. DH is between quarters for school and he's working in the interim. Which is awesome but I'm picking up a little slack around the house - took me a few days to figure that out, LOL.

:wave: Everybody!

SEMO
06-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Jello, I got the POINT! :lol: OMG, did I just type that!

Cafe, we must really get more excitement in our lives!

Nothing to report here either, worked half a day Saturday and then the rest of the weekend did house work. UGH Son and DNL coming in Thru night. I'm planning on taking off Thur, if it rains to buy groceries and finish cleaning, and it's supposed to. DNL has EXTREME allergies, so everything has to be vacuumed before she comes in, curtains, sofa, chairs etc. then LOCK the cat up for the weekend. Even then she sniffs and sneezes like crazy. Damn Cat!
I've told my youngest when he moves out he had better make sure his apartment allows cats. I've put up with that THING for seven years, time to go. (BTW for those of you that don't know me......I don't hate all cats, just her, she's MEAN!)

See you all later.

Cafe976
06-30-2003, 12:48 PM
ROTFL! Semo, the point. :lol:

Mmm, yeah, we need more excitement, but then again sometimes contentment is better than excitement? I like having the freedom to be in my home getting things tidy and making good smells in my kitchen. I do not usually get enough time to enjoy that! So it's all good.

Back to work...

Jello
06-30-2003, 05:07 PM
OK, OK! I get the point! I'm not a boob! :s:

You guys are too funny! :lol:

And you're also smart so I'm going to ask your advice. I am ... pause for effect ... SICK TO DEATH of salad! This plan I'm following "calls for" a salad for lunch (or at least one meal) every single day. I can't stand it any more. I mean, I like salads but every single solitary day ....???? Augh!

I'm in Phase 2 of this low-carb thing so I can add some carbs. I'm thinking I can add a little pasta or some fruit or starchy veggie to my salad. But it's still a salad!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I want to be kept abreast of your ideas, 'k?

... sneaking quietly away ...

SEMO
06-30-2003, 05:18 PM
Sorry Jello, I had to POKE a little fun! Oops :) About the salad, I think it's more for the fiber, try eating low carb veggies, celery, cauliflower, yellow squash, asparagus, green beans or mix some together and eat raw or steamed. (check for others but those are the ones I like) I do eat a salad just about everyday, I love them, I just change out the protein that I put on top.

Later Taters!

Edited to add: Cabbage, I fry cabbage and I like that. Just fry bacon, dump most of the grease, add packaged slaw mix and cut green onions, (twice what you think you'll need on the slaw) fry down to tendersness you like, add crumbled bacon. there you go. Taste like Hot slaw, or maybe like an egg roll. If you don't like either of those don't try it. ;)

Going now.

Jello
07-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Man oh man! I was frightened. I didn't have internet access all morning. Couldn't get to you guys! :eek: Well, I simply cannot work like this..... Finally called the computer guys here and they fixed the problem with our 'net access. Whew! :^:

Went food shopping last night. Came home. Put it all away. Then decided there was nothing to eat in the house. :rolleyes: Nothing sounded good. Finally ate some steamed brocoli (yes, more veggies...) with lemon. It was all I wanted. :D

Today, however is a different story. Maybe it's because I'm not really busy and have time to think about food. Hm.... :chin:

Well, quick check-in is over and, as you may have noted, I've got nothing new to say. Guess I'll get back to work.

gma22
07-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Hello, hello! The happy wanderer is back. Actually we got back Sunday night, but I have been so busy trying to get back to normal! Me, normal? :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, normal as I can be!

We had a wonderful time. Vicki was so shocked and it was wonderful. I was sitting in the bride's room with my back against the wall where she would be coming in. She came in holding a bunch of stuff and I happened to be standing as I had just helped the pianist with her corsage. She looked at me and never said a word, put down a bag she had and stood back up and looked at me again and then it registered and she kind of screamed and started trying to unload the rest of her arms so she could hug me. I cried through the whole wedding (she sat us in one of the family rows, God bless her). At the very end, the minister had pronouced them husband and wife and they were facing the crowd while a quartet sang the Lord's Prayer. I was balling my eyes out and she looked down and saw me and mouthed "I love you" and I blew her a kiss and just boohooed all the more. We really are like sisters. She had dh and I and her and Bob in a picture together. Oh, the outfit went over great and I looked HOT if I do say so myself. That tanning stuff for us real white bread body girls works fantastic (at least the stuff I used did). We also had dinner one night and Sunday breakfast with my son and his girlfriend (who are back together and we are thrilled) and Sat morning breakfast with my older sister and Sat evening dinner with friends so all in all the trip was great. There was only one snag. We left here around 3:00 pm and got into Chicago around 11 pm and about 5 miles before our exit off 80/94 there were signs saying there was construction. WELL, we sat for 2 1/2 hours in traffic, sometimes for 30 minutes at a time at a dead standstill. Instead of being at the hotel at midnight, we trudged in there at 3 AM. Thank goodness neither of us had an attack of needing to go to the bathroom. We took the new Harry Potter audio book, which is 17 tapes and 26 1/2 hours long so at least we weren't bored even though pretty stiff and dh (who is definitely not the most patient of persons) was huffing and puffing and swearing on and off for the 2 1/2 hours! :lol:
BTW, I waved at all you ladies that live on the way to Indiana as I passed. Hope you caught it!

We got home and just dumped stuff in the kitchen and living room, ran out and picked up a sandwich and crashed. I got it all hauled upstairs except for the snacks and dirty clothes on Monday and put back away, then started in on laundry. Got into the pool during loads and got in that ole exercise (the hotel pool was really shallow and man after one day, my knees were killing me so I didn't exercise Sat or Sund). Got the downstairs cleaned and the upstairs today and when dh gets home, we will go get our babies from the kennel. (I left them there an extra day so I wouldn't be tripping over them trying to get work done)

Jello: I read the posts about what you said and I think that too many of us totally stress out about losing weight. We freak out at an occasional bad day or even week or month. I have learned to take it all in stride and just go on to the next day when I have a bad one. The more you struggle over it, the less likely you are to succeed. It takes concentration to stay on your program of course, but I think just stepping back, saying, "Hey, I look fine the way I am, but I am going to work at looking and feeling better" is the way to go about it. Make losing weight and exercise a happy situation not one you dread. I tried several programs and exercises before I found one that I could be happy with and fit into my lifestyle and I think that is the key.

To the rest of you ravishingly beautiful women, I hope things are going well for you!

TTFN
Faye