General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Modcloth clothes?

Has anyone purchased any clothes from Modcloth?

My goal size is 8 and I just officially reached being a 12 after teetering between a 12/14.

Anyways, I have been looking at Modcloth and really want to buy a dress from them to celebrate once I reach my goal. However, after reading reviews it seems that it is not that great for people who don't fit into a more modelesque or hourglass body shape. I am a weird mix between a triangle shape and pear and I am wondering if anywhere has experience! Thanks
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm in love with the styles they showcase, but like you mention, there is always a comment saying that ''If you are tall/If you are busty/if you are WHATEVER'', it does not fit quite right. So I never dare ordering anything
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #3  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

I wish I could wear Modcloth's clothing. They have some of the cutest dresses, but all of their plus sized clothes seem to be rather small. At a size 12 you have a much better shot at their clothes fitting well for you than I do at a size 22/24! They have size charts, right? Those are usually pretty helpful.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I think you need to be specific body shape for their clothes. I have a few friends who buy their dresses and you body pretty much has to be perfectly proportional which even at my best I won't that way. Oh, well I think I will take a chance and get a dress!
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I got a dress there the should have fit according to the charts but didn't so I had to send it back. However, their clothes are all from different manufacturers so some might be true to the chart while the others aren't. I just blocked their emails because I was too tempted and didn't want to go through the disappointment.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #6  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Like Madame Souza said, ModCloth isn't really one brand, all of their clothes come from different sources, so some manufacturers are likely to be a better fit for you than others. For what it's worth, I've made returns to ModCloth when things didn't fit and it was super easy.

Keep Moving Forward - just FYI in case you're interested, they DO have a few things in the plus size section that fit a size 22. I was a snug 22 last summer and I bought a few dresses and a swimsuit from ModCloth
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote