Looking Good, Feeling Great - Can I get a SLEEVE please???

View Full Version : Can I get a SLEEVE please???

TheSecondHalf
05-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Is it just me? I can not be the only plus-size woman who wants a dang SLEEVE, thank you very much! And if not a sleeve, a layering piece. SOMETHING. Are there really that many plus size women running around in tube tops and halter tops? Do other women not need bras???

I wear like 90% dresses in the summer but this year, I can not find a cute dress with a sleeve! Even tops DO NOT HAVE SLEEVES and other than a denim jacket (thank you, Pinterest, I get it. Everything should have a denim jacket and either a chunky necklace or scarf but I live in the deep south and it's already hitting 90 by 10 am) there are no reasonable layering pieces. I am so over trying to find clothes.

dstalksalot
05-18-2013, 12:13 PM
I noticed this too. This season even wedding gowns are 90% strapless/ sleeveless. summer dresses too. I prefer a tiny cap sleeve.

kaplods
05-18-2013, 12:50 PM
I bought a beautiful dark blue strapless, summer maxi dress on clearance last year. Hubby tried to talk me out of it, " but you never wear sleeveless in public..", but I said, "I'll buy or make a top/jacket."

I've been hunting for a light-weight short-sleeved bolero or cropped cardigan, and can't find anything that matches or coordinates in a color I like AND fits AND will be comfortable for summer.

I bought a few patterns yesterday, but didn't have time to shop for fabric.

JenMusic
05-18-2013, 01:11 PM
I feel your pain! And I'm sad to say this didn't get better for me once I reached goal. After being obese my whole life, my upper arm skin is definitely loose and (to me) needs to be hidden. Whenever I do find shirts I like with good sleeves, I buy multiples in different colors. I also wear cardigans a lot.

Unicorn67
05-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Oh me too! I'm looking for something nice to wear to my daughter's graduation ceremonies and there is not a darn thing with sleeves. It will be the end of June and it will be hot and I don't want to be wearing a sweater over top of whatever I buy. I do see lots of bigger people going sleeveless and I think they look fine but it is not for me.

Tuscany
05-18-2013, 01:47 PM
I know exactly what you mean...the lack of sleeved items drives me nuts! Even half sleeves or three-quarter sleeves would work for me. I'm like JenMusic. Whenever I find something with sleeves that I like, I tend to buy a few, since they're few and far between.