Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/see ticker/135 (HW210-220)

Height: 5'5'' (technically 5'5.4'' but whos counting lol)

Default Challenge yourself this week/Goal Gifts

Ok I think if I say it on here I have to keep myself accountable. I WILL lose 3 lbs this week. Week 2 of WW overall I didnt gain but I also didnt really lose in my eyes. I am ready to break out of the 150s which is a land ive been stuck in for over a year now and I want to reach my 1st goal of 10 lbs. A. because im ready to challenge myself B. I bought my 1st goal gift already bc i thought shipping would take longer lol It will be here wednesday and I will not unbox it until I have earned it!

Changes to make this happen:
Change my 3x times last week to Gym 4-6 days this week
Changing my usual 5k to a 10k (did it last night and imma do it again!)
No cookies/wine. Clean eating!
Change 2 glasses a day to 5 glasses of water a day

How are you guys challenging yourself this week or changing your routine after evaluating some downfalls in last weeks plan? What are some goal gifts you have waiting at the end of the rainbow? I think i have a full body massage in there somewhere. hehe but thats a long ways to go.
curlyfroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #2  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

You can do it, curly!!

I just joined WW last week, so I will see on Wednesday what, if anything, has happened with my weight.

I will go with your challenge as well!!

Challenges this week:
Change 2x a week to gym, to at least 4x.
Change 10 min on eliptical to 15.
Stay on Salad Challenge *watch points better!*
Try to drink at least 50 oz of water a day.
Take N to the park at least 2x for a walk with the stroller

My ultimate goal gift is workout clothes and shoes. I don't care what the price is, as it will be a while. If I can do this, then I do deserve it. If I get to half of my goal weight, I'm taking a mini vacay! Maybe I should up that to 2 lbs down and I can go next week! LOL

What did you get yourself for the first gift?
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #3  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

My challenge for this week is to avoid high-sodium foods. I have my weigh-in on Wednesday and wouldn't want the numbers to be through the roof due to water retention. I had too much sodium for the past 2 days now, definitely need to lay it down.

Curlyfroyo - I ran a 10k yesterday (on the treadmill) as well It was one of my May goals so you can only imagine how proud I am of myself

I don't really have any rewards set for myself. I think the biggest reward is how accomplished and proud I'm gonna feel after having lost 30 lbs. However, I am gonna have to go clothes shopping.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #4  

Going2bethatgirl- Very good changes to make! Workout clothes and shoes is a great goal new gym clothes always makes me happy (esp when the size is down). My first gift is a bed frame, Ive been eyeing it online forever and I know its a strange gift bc its not weight related but its something I dont "need" and so i told myself if i could do the impossible (break out of the 150s/drop 10 lbs) i can be bad.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #5  

Hoopty- High sodium foods is always a killer, they seem to be the tastiest...of course.
Doing the 10k does come with a great amount of pride, you deserve it congrats! I have to stick with it so my body adjusts bc right now it feels like murder since I did not work my way up to it.

I have a question since we are the same height, I was noticing your goal weight is 120, have you ever been down that low before? Lowest I have been i think was 130 or 135 (didnt pay attention to numbers) about 2 years ago. I originally had the goal to be 125 but never reached that and started going up instead. I felt great mentally at that weight but i was still uncomfortable in the mirror. What weight did you feel comfortable physically and/or mentally?

Last edited by curlyfroyo; 05-19-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

My goal this week is to find a reasonably priced gym (but I fear the cheapest will be the rec department at my old high school, which is open to the public, but may mean working out with a bunch of high school kids), but to join a gym, and actually go. Also, to try a recipe this week instead of just meat and veggies. I cant really afford to gift myself, I'm spending all my money on losing the weight lol. That will be my gift.

Have you ladies tried adding MIO to your water? I credit that to all the water I drink...between 120-150 oz/day. MIO just tastes so good I chug it down. I dn't really like water...

Last edited by Andi24; 05-19-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #7  
Giving It My All

S/C/G: 270/262.2/140

Height: 5'7

Curly- A bedframe is a great idea!
Going2BeThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Good thread!

My challenge is to exercise 3 times this week and stay within my calorie range. Im alzó going to stop eating after 7 pm.
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #9  

ANDI24,

I know when I was a broke college student I used the campus gym, the hs track, street ran all for free. When i graduated planet fitness was only $10/month also if you know someone that has the $20 plan they can bring a guest everyday and I know some ppl would go for free off of a friends plan.
My only problem with PF is they dont have classes and the crowd was very slow moving and I need ppl around me sweating to make me want to challenge myself. So I invested in a different gym.

I have not tried mio but i tried the crystal light virgin alcohol flavored version, so good. Only time i want clear water is at the gym, other than that im squirtin in some fun!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2BeThatGirl View Post
Curly- A bedframe is a great idea!
Thank you, I can not wait, the scale today said i reached 10 lbs! So as long as I can maintain it by Weds I can open and assemble it. (white glove was $200 and they dont even assemble it, just take it to your room...no thanks lol)

I have to come up with more goal gifts but unfortunately I am sure I have plenty of time before I reach my 10% goal (141.3)
Old 05-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose426 View Post
Good thread!

My challenge is to exercise 3 times this week and stay within my calorie range. Im alzó going to stop eating after 7 pm.
o0o0o stop eating after 7pm is a good one! I could never stick to that one myself, by time i get out of work,gym,shower its after 7. Goodluck. Stay strong. Great challenge! May attempt that, one of these weeks.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #12  
Breathing.

curlyfroyo - Oh my Goodness - I didn't even notice that we're the same height and almost have the same start weight/goal weight
Well, my lowest weight was 126 lbs back in summer of 2011. I wanted to get lower than that but screwed up big time and gained almost all of it right back. I gotta say though - I was at home in Germany at that time and didn't have a gym membership so all I did was jog on a trail outside of my house and do exercises in my room. Now, I go to Planet Fitness and by the way: I agree with you - it really sucks that they don't have any classes but I'm satisfied with the variety of weights and machines they got. I mean - for $19.99 that's not bad at all!
I started feeling comfortable at around 130 lbs, mentally that is, but physically not so much. I wasn't able to do hardcore workouts so my body wasn't as toned as it would be now if I got back down to 130 lbs. My highest weight ever, by the way, was 164 lbs back in summer of 2010. Just in case you're wondering What gym do you go to now?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #13  

Good for you bringing it all the way down like that, wow!
Now I go to something called Best Fitness, its 19.99 a month has classes and i think tanning and daycare the only downfall of it is its a 2 year contract vs PF which is 1 year contract.

Im honestly eyeing this 5k here in a few weeks. Ive never done a run but I figure right now im doing 10k's in the gym so if i can do that on a tredmill i should be able to do a 5k outside, hopefully lol
Old 05-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #14  
Breathing.

Lol, I know how you feel! I always wonder if I'm able to run a 5k outside. I can easily do it on a treadmill but outside is a whole different story. I'm sure you can do it though
Old 05-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #15  
sugar is the devil

I've been slacking this week. I was suppose to go on a juice detox starting last Sunday but I have been cheating every day. Also, no exercise... so I was already telling myself what I needed to change this week before I read this thread.

1) strict juice detox (else there is no point doing a detox if I'm not following it). Will aim for 7 days.
2) exercise - will aim to go to hot yoga x2, jog x1, bike ride x2
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote