Medifast - Is it guaranteed weight loss?

View Full Version : Is it guaranteed weight loss?

citygirl89
05-16-2013, 05:28 PM
So I started MF on Tuesday, and am now on day 3. I think it is going well so far, I am eating on time and enjoying the food, getting plenty of water, will resume workouts this weekend, etc.

However I started my TOM this morning and I don't feel any.. thinner? I still feel bloated and crappy despite the water intake and lack of calories. A normal period would have seen me eating cookies, ice cream, you name it..

After trying for so many years to lose weight on my own, I'm just afraid I spent all this money and, eventually, time on something that won't work. I feel like I'm destined to be fat forever. Maybe it's because I can't picture myself thin that I'm having a hard time imagining this working :(

Can someone quell my doubts? Feeling so frustrated already.

ChubbyChef
05-16-2013, 08:17 PM
As long as you stay on plan and stay in ketosis.

Andi24
05-16-2013, 08:25 PM
TOM will do that to you. It's not uncommon to gain a little over TOM even on MF. I did leading up to it, but surprisingly not during, though I fully expected to. It may not affect your period much, as you JUST started, but mine was MUCH heavier then normal, and longer. All I can think to suggest is stick with it through your period, once that's over as long as you stay on plan and in ketosis like chubbychef said, you will shed the pounds :)

BerkshireGrl
05-17-2013, 03:20 AM
It will absolutely work - if you stay on it! :) Period time for me always put 5 pounds of water on, but 3 days later, whoosh... Stick with it!

citygirl89
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I thought I replied to this earlier but I guess it didn't go through, anyway.. thanks for all the reassurance guys! I'm still very excited (and actually loving the way I feel)