Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 09:28 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default June Exercising Babes

Hi all. I don't know what everyone else needs but I desperately need to exercise. I need some endophins to get me out of this slough of despond that I've been in lately.

How about some goals??? What is everyone doing with their exercising lately? We're finally getting into some nice weather, time to be outdoors and enjoying it.

My goal is to start walking again, at least 3 times a week and I would like to start doing my Pilates and Yoga videos again. I have a whole stack to exercise videos sitting on top of the entertainment center just mocking me because I haven't done thme in ages.

Hey post often, I am going to, hopefully ít'll hlep keep me motivated.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

well, as it gets hot, what better exercise than swimming? i've been swimming since april 1st, and the heat is wonderful. i'm getting a great tan, too!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:04 PM   #3  

Hi Jen,

Good thread!

I'm doing a Leslie Sansone tape five days a week, and also trying to do strength training two days a week. I have the Pilates for Dummies video, but still don't think I can do it yet. I'm not very flexible (never have been , even when I was thin)

Good luck with your exercising. I know all about the stack of unused videos-I finally started using mine in February of this year, and haven't stopped since.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 06-03-2003, 01:49 AM   #4  
Lil Hippie Vegan Mommy

I am doing the Leslie Sansone videos as well. I am walking the 1 mile three days a week and the two mile 2 days a week. My GOAL is to do the 2 mile 3 days a week and the 3 mile 2 days aweek and then the 1 mile on my weekends...I would like to get to the point where I exercise EVERYDAY!
Old 06-03-2003, 08:31 AM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hubby joined a gym with a great corporate family rate a few months ago, and I've been going about three-four days a week since then. At the gym, I do 20-30 minutes of cardio (usually on the elliptical machine), then about 30 minutes of weights. I also have started jogging again....I go to the park with daughter and a friend two times a week. My main goal at the park is to finish a lap around the lake (6/10 of a mile) without stopping.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:45 AM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I would like to start lifting again, and working out w/my abroller.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:37 AM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

takes me 30 minutes to walk 1.5 miles so I plan to do that at least 4 days per week, all of them if I can! I go to the track near our house - so hopefully the dry weather will continue!

If not - I'll do my Leslie Sansone video.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:30 PM   #8  

I've been walking or doing a video 3x a week for at least half an hour. I would like to increase that because I've been reading that people who successfully maintain exercise at least five days a week. I just have to make it a priority. I'm still hesitant to weight train because I bulk up very quickly and I don't want to gain too much muscle...
Old 06-03-2003, 01:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

It's aerobics three days a week and weight training two days a week for me. The other two days I walk.

And I've discovered the key to weight loss! Shoveling compost! I unofficially weigh on my gym's scale on Thursday and was 224 (it weights a pound heavier than the Weight Watcher's scale). Today I weighed and it was 222. I had a bad eating day Friday, and I've been eating to my maximum points because I was miscalculating. Luckily I'd left myself some wiggle room or I'd have gone over. Anyway, the only thing I'm doing differently is working in the yard--digging post holes, shoveling really stinky compost and weeding.

So, I'm sure the key to weight loss is shoveling sh*t!
Old 06-03-2003, 01:06 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I went back to curves yesterday and my plan is to go 4 times a week! I ahve fleeting thoughts about doing more, but I think I need to get consistent first!
Old 06-03-2003, 08:09 PM   #11  

I have a YMCA membership and I intend to go at least 4 times a week. Just started back so I need to take it slow...don't want stiff muscles to turn into "Ouch!" muscles.

Just a thought....you can get a lot exercise videos at your local library. Mine has at least 40...all different levels, all types from elderly yoga to Tae Bo to WW stuff. Might be a good way to mix up your routine. Plus, it's cheap! Here you can take them out for a week.

Deb
Old 06-06-2003, 10:11 AM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

How's everyone doing? I went to take Drake for a walk yesterday after daycare, walked over there with the stroller and wouldn't you know that 2 minutes into the walk he started screaming and crying and having a complete fit. I ended up turning around and walking straight home. So much for that walk. Still I carried him for about 3 blocks which is the equivalent of a 30 minute walk considering how much he weighs! He's only about 27 lbs but it ends up feeling like 100 lbs after a block.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:04 AM   #13  
Big Loser Wannabe

I want to continue walking as much as I can, my schedule is messed up! I work a few nights a week & hubby works days, and its hard for me to go on a walk with a five year old & 2 year old, KWIM? My days off I have been walking faithfully, but on the days that I work, I would like to get the Tai Bo tapes out & give them a try for once I have to get more into the exersize, especially if I think I could possibly be into a size 18 by July 5th!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:12 AM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hillary - I think it's been mentioned on here before, but little kids LOVE to dance! Pop in a bouncing CD (my kids LOVED The B-52's when they were little) and just dance around the house like maniacs for a half hour. You get your exercise, they get theirs, and it might even wear them out early.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #15  

I am walking 45 minutes on the treadmill and then walking with my hubby at night around the neighborhood. Depending on his mood and how he feels we have been walking form .33 miles to 1.2 miles. Not every night but trying for at least 4 so that he gets a workout also.
Closed Thread