Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim 10

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Wonderslim 10

zoesmom
05-15-2013, 12:06 PM
WOW! It feels like the last thread was just opened, and as I look at the number of posts I realized that we are quickly closing in on the 500 cap and that the thread is starting to get difficult to navigate!

This thread is here to discuss all things Wonderslim, whether or not you are following their protocol. Afterall, WS makes wonderful products that can be utilized per the WS diet...or as alternatives to many other diets out there.

We want to hear about your challenges, your accomplishments, your downfalls, your successes, and your thoughts. We want to be your support system, and you be ours.

And let's have fun while we do it!

You can review old posts here: Wonderslim 9 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/272861-wonderslim-9-a-30.html)

Alright ladies...get ready...get set...and LET'S ROCK THIS WEIGHT LOSS!

Nimblegranny
05-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie who's been lurking. Hard to find a Wonderslim community. I'm on Day 12 and down 9. Feeling comfortable with the food and the plan and looking for others who've already forged a path.

Nimblegranny
05-15-2013, 02:09 PM
I have to eat out several times a week. So far I've had Chili's Chicken Caesar salad no croutons no cheese and vinaigrette on the side; and the Chicken Chopped salad at Subway, which was great, with all good veggies and I got Italian for lack of knowing what else to do. What do you all do, and what places are best for eating out, fast and not fast?

irish51
05-15-2013, 02:24 PM
:welcome2: nimblegranny

Sounds like you are doing well on WS.

I've been stuck for a couple weeks, hopefully all the yardwork today will change that:D:

I have errands to run, so I will try to get back later, to catch up with everyone!

Nimblegranny
05-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks irish, you are an inspiration!

zoesmom
05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
:wave: Hi Nimblegranny and :welcome: to our slice of paradise! Amazing start...looking forward to reading all your awesome successes!

brunette8706
05-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi Zoe's Mom!

Thanks again for your suggestions yesterday (how to stretch the Wonderslim food). I'm going to give this a try! :)

zoesmom
05-16-2013, 08:55 AM
No sweat brunette :)

Well, not such a great weigh in today. I blame the predisone (I ALWAYS gain weight when I have to take that crap for my asthma/ARDS flair ups. BOOOOO!!!!) BUT...I didn't gain this time. I guess you can say I didn't lose either, but in a way, I did...even if it was only .1 pound. :lol: Hey, I'll take it! Considering it could have gone the other way while on this medication, I say that is a WONDERFUL accomplishment.

Tonight is ballet....I'll tell you, I've been going nuts the past couple weeks, what with my kiddo's T-Ball practice twice a week, ballet practice, AND swim lessons. Her first recital is next week and I am looking SO forward to it. Of course, she cracks me up in T-Ball as she does leaps and tondues as she runs from base to base. Pretty obvious she doesn't get the fact the two activities are not interchangeable :lol: And last night, her coach put her on the pitcher's mound so he could better keep an eye on her...because she was twirling and spinnin and trying to teach all the boys how to do ballet (she is the only girl on the team.) I love my kid...but I am begining to think T-Ball isn't the sport for her like she had convinced me it was. :lol:

Hope everyone has a great day!

zoesmom
05-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Nimblegranny - I just realized you had asked a question regarding eating out. I am SO sorry I missed that! I have become the queen of eating out as I am ALWAYS busy!!! I work part time in a non-profit in the mornings, play with my kid in the afternoons, take her to numerous classes in the evenings, and bake cakes on the weekend in a little bakery that a friend and I co-operate. I more often than not, find myself stuck in the rut of being forced to eat out or not eat at all.

There are a few tricks to be had:

1) If possible, visit the establishment's website and print out a listing of their menu items with the nutritional values. Most large chains offer this. It does take some time, but go through EVERYTHING and highlight the items that fit into the plan per calories, fat, carbs, and protein. Then, in a little handy dandy note book (or smartphone if you have one) notate what is diet appropriate at each place, that way, no matter where you go, you always know what is "safe".

2) Do NOT assume salads are the healthiest choice! Many times, the salads are loaded up with bacon, cheese, crutons, meats (some fried), and who knows what else, depending on the place. Some salads, such as Chik-fili-A's grilled chicken salad aren't so bad. But others, such as McDonald's Asian, salad are. Learn which ones are safe and which ones are not. It is important to note that sometimes the salads are made to look like the healthy option but are really one of the worst things on the menu. And ALWAYS order your salad dressing on the side. Dip your fork in it for each bite prior spearing your salad. You consume way less calories/fat/carbs that way. Or, order vinegar and oil. Or..make your own and bring it in a baggie (Joseph's Sugar Free Maple and plain yellow mustard make a really yummy honey mustard.) Or...order the Bariwise dressing for on the go (they are actually really good.) OR....this one is a BIG or....get yourself some Walden Farms 0/0/0 dressings. I am NOT a big WF fan, so I have no idea what might taste good. So far, I haven't found one I like. But there are crazy amounts of people who say it tastes good...so maybe I just haven't found it yet. I dunno.

3) Custom order. Almost every resturant offers custom orders, they just don't advertize it. Exceptions to this rule are BBQ joints and buffets. They pre-make everything and keep in in warmers, so no custom ordering to be had there generally. But you can ask the server to advise the cook no butter, plain chicken oppossed to bourbon chicken (marinades are HIGH in fat/calories/carbs), ask for brocolli or steamed veggies instead of fries (most offer this but don't tell you on the menu), ask for no sugar added to side dishes (yep, most do this), and so on. If they give you any lip, simply state "I have special dietary requirements." That can mean anything from diabeties, to lactose intolerance, to allergies, to you name it. I have a background in resturants...I will NEVER ask a server to do something that I myself haven't done in the past...and they usually get a bigger tip from me for just doing it. The truth is, most aren't bothered by it. A few are, but ultimately, they really don't care, especailly if their tip is on the line.

4)NEVER, EVER, EVER order fried anything. But let's say you want a hamburger (and let's say you can with your diet, as long as you don't eat the bun) and you want ketchup. Ever looked at the values on that? Stuff is insane! But good news! Heintz makes sugar free ketchup, a little pricey, but the taste is identical to that of regular. And the bottle is small. Slip it in your purse for those days you need that.

5) Keep a couple of packets on you at all times, especailly the soups. While not great, they are awesome in a pinch.

6) Fish is not always the healthier option...sometimes the steak is.

7) If you have a problem with ordering appetizers and desserts, vow to ONLY bring enough CASH money (no cards or other method of payment) with you to cover your entree, drink, and tip. You'll find after just a few visits like this, you aren't even tempted to buy those extras anymore.

8) When you place your order, insist that the server immediately bring you a to-go box. Once your food arrives, before taking even one bite, put half the food in the box. Out of site, out of mind. You'll eat 1/2 the calories that way. Order the lunch portion if possible.

9)Don't sweat the small things. If you slip, you slip. You are human. Tomorrow is another day and another chance to make it right.

It took me a good 4 months to figure it out, and a lot of OPPS moments. Now, it is second nature. I no longer am there for the food. I am there because I need to eat and want to socialize and save time...the food just happens to be there when I am (heck, sometimes I just drink my hot tea and don't order anything else when everyone else is eating!) Once my mind changed to think along those terms, I realized my food addiction has been overcome. It was a major accomplishment for me :)

I may, in the near future, create a "cheat sheet" of resturants and what is "safe" food and post it out here. I need to find the time for it, as I am sure the list is much larger than my handy dandy sheet, but I may just do that. There's a book out there "Eat This, Not That" that more or less does the same...but it is too wordy for a quick "what can I have today" moment.

Good luck...I have faith in you!

irish51
05-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Morning!

zoesmom Thanks for starting this new thread. Glad you did not gain on your meds (hey that is a biggie). That child leaves me laughing all the time.

brunette8706:welcome2: I apologize for not welcoming you on the other thread. My only excuse is the weather has warmed here, and I'm so busy with outside stuff, by the time I come inside I am exhausted. So very glad to have you join us.

nimblegranny You're welcome and thank you. I am working hard at where I want to be and trying not to let age get in my way :) It doesn't always work for me, but I am trying..

So yesterday, I was having a bad day. I went out to mow the lawn and got to the last 6'x3' section when the lawn mower quit. I pushed it up the hill to the sidewalk and put more gas in, started it up, went back down the hill, pushed it up the hill again, and it died. I had just fixed this stupid lawnmower a couple weeks ago (and I was very proud I might add.) Anyways after pushing ii back up to the sidewalk and pulling on it a couple more times, I determined it was too hot and I was too frustrated to continue. I put the lawnmower in the garage, grabbed a plant I bought the other day, back outside to dig a hole. In the ground goes the plant, I need to water it, I haven't yet hooked up the hose since the winter. I turn on the outside faucet, nothing. turn it off, and back on nothing. Turn it back on, now I am scrunched down staring at it (read silently swearing), when the water suddenly comes gushing out and now I am not only dirty from digging, I am soaked. turn it off hook up the hose, turn the faucet back on water the plant. I gather up all my tools , put everything away go in the house to shower. Both adult sons are calling and texting me.. I love my sons, but I just want a shower! Off the phone, into the shower, all cleaned up, hair done, I need to go run errands. It's in the 80's, I need capri's or something. I go to the closet take out a pair of capri's slip them on, button & zip...they fall off of me., try another pair same thing ( well, of course, they are all the same size,duh). Never mind, I think, I will wear a skort, yep, bought all these clothes last summer, tags still on some, and they are all too BIG!

I should be thrilled, right? Nope ,the only time in my life I was aggravated about my clothes being too big, cause I need to finish errands and can't find a thing to wear .

I'm not sure, but I think lack of protein was messing with my thinking! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, off to get on the scale and I will let you all know if being frustrated makes you lose weight. :D

msaumure
05-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Dear WonderSlim gang,
I'm new here. Trying (again) to lose weight at 59. This is going to be the one, because my knees hurt, so enough is enough. I purchased the WS products separately, so I don't have the program booklet or instructions. Would anyone post that or send me by email? or create a pdf? Or, I can create a pdf with whatever information I receive. thank you!! :) Marie

punmama
05-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to say that I got my 12 week Wonderslim supply last night. I will be starting fresh on Monday. I am very excited about the program. I know I posted before but now I got my order . I have my 5 day meals already here at work. This is very doable.

Maria

zoesmom
05-16-2013, 11:32 AM
:welcome: msaumure!!!!

Here are the critical links for WS's plan:

MEAL PLAN (http://www.dietdirect.com/media/wysiwyg/PDF/womens_meal_plan.pdf)
FOOD LIST (http://www.dietdirect.com/media/wysiwyg/PDF/food_selection_list.pdf)
FOOD DIARY (http://www.dietdirect.com/media/wysiwyg/PDF/food_diary_log.pdf) - although I utilize either MyFitnessPal or LoseIT! as I like apps

:cheer: punmama! I am so happy for you! Just be prepared for the first few days to feel kinda rough, but after that, you will actually feel MUCH MUCH better than you have in a long time. I *think* the roughness is trying to get used to the lower everything and there is an adjustment period your body goes though. Once that passes, easy peasy. :)

IRISH!!!! JEEZ WOMAN! :lol: You really do remind me of that time my grandmother went flying into the pool! Kudos on the NSV...a bitter sweet moment, eh? I had to get rid of my FAVORITE maxi dress a few weeks ago as I was walking to the store and WOOP there it went, off my shoulders! So, I feel your pain. But awesome none the less! :D

irish51
05-16-2013, 03:06 PM
zoesmom, thanks. I went through the closet and took out the things with tags. 2 skorts and 1 Capri. Now I never save receipts, ever..but I found the receipts for these 3 items and returned them to Kohl's thus morning. I got $31.00 back! I never return things,so I found this amusing. 2 skorts were bought in 2011, the capris's in 2012. The best part, they were all size 12. After return was done, I went and tried on the exact capris and skirts (same brand)I got into a size 4, now I know why the 12 fell to my ankles. :lol:

msamure :welcome2: Don't worry too much about your age, I will be 62 a week from today (did I really admit that???) We can still lose weight as we get older, our metabolism is a bit slower and we have to push harder to stay active. I keep 8 lb hand weights near me when I am watching T V at night. If I get bored and want to graze the pantry, I pick up the weights and due bicep curls and things like that, until the feelings pass..

punmama keep posting, let us know how your first days are going, what you like or don't like, how you are feeling, etc.

Weighed in this morning,still 142.8....but I know from trying on clothes, I am losing inches.

Nimblegranny
05-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I will be 58 in August so I feel right at home. Thanks for the restaurant tips and the welcomes! I'm glad to have a place to be inspired since I have so much to lose. I am only 13 days in and I am wishing I could fast forward my life a couple of months, I know 3 lbs. a week will seem slow after the quick 9 I lost the first 10 days. But I am determined to go slow and steady. I have already gotten my blood sugar controlled after only 13 days - with my meds before it was out of control and now with my meds it has normalized already, so that is real progress I can believe in and measure already too. Thanks ladies!

zoesmom
05-17-2013, 10:22 AM
:dance: irish - that is SOOO freaking awesome!!!! :dance: I haven't even been in a size 4, not even when I was all slim and athletic and stuff prior to gaining double my size! You are absolutely amazing! When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!!!

Nimble - don't get caught up in a number. :) Some weeks, you will not lose an ounce. Some weeks you might go up (YIKES! :eek:). Some weeks, you may only drop an ounce. And then, you might not budge for two months. And then, on the other side, you might lose two pounds....or five...or eight. Our bodies have an amazing ability to adapt quickly, so they like to do weird things. Like retain water. Or build muscle to replace fat. Or hold onto everything out of fear it might not get food for a while. It can be anything. The key thing is...are you going down? My overall averages are at 2.75 pounds a week. But I had weeks were I went up and I had a period of 6 weeks where I didn't budge an ounce. The averages are what you are going to be looking at. In addition to that, get a tape measure. Seriously. When I last weighted what I do today (which was 6 years ago), I was 18 inches overall larger. I have no idea how many inches I have lost total as I didn't start keeping track until recently, but I know it is a heck of a lot more than 18 inches as I got my hefty butt all the way up to 293 pounds. When the scale stalls, it is nice to see the inches go down anyways. And if you stay on plan, it WILL go down (hence irish losing her pants around her ankles.) And I am SO happy you have your blood sugar stable!!!! I keep telling my mom that this will help her, but she doesn't believe me. Glad you have proven me right (although I would NEVER tell her that!!!!) Absolutely amazing job :)

Nimblegranny
05-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks zoesmom! I will get out my tape measure and make that part of my weekly thing too. I need all the encouragement I can get. I know it's going to be a long haul.

Nimblegranny
05-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Yesterday I forgot my water bottle and I used it as an excuse not to drink my water yesterday. :( It's a chore for me but I'm back at it today. Are you still drinking tons of water every day as prescribed, irish and zoesmom? Is it absolutely necessary to the plan?

zoesmom
05-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Yep. Water, water, and more water (MIO and Crystal Light will forever be your friend, I promise you this.)

Drinking water is critical in weight loss for a number of reasons:

1) drinking just 17 ounces of water increased your metabolic rate, which is the rate you burn calories, by 30%....the increase occurs within 10 minutes of drinking the water and peaks at 30 to 40 minutes. Men tend to burn fat during this period. Women tend to burn carbs...which is where most women tend to gain weight. So drink often throughout the day for maximum weight loss potential.

2) Many times, we mistake dehydration warning signs as hunger pains. Drinking water throughout the day keeps us hydrated and wards away those phantom hunger pains so we tend to consume less calories.

3) Water carries nutrients to all the cells in your body, aids in digestion, carries waste products from your cells, helps regulate body tempature, lubricates your joints, and moisturizes your skin from the inside out.

4) Drinking more water will make you lose water weight. Hear me out. Our bodies are amazingly adaptive. Much like when you don't eat enough calories and your body holds onto everything out of fear it is starving, if you don't drink enough water, your body holds onto the water for fear of dehydration. Given the sometimes high sodium content of WS products, we need to be flushing that out or we will retain the water and gain. On the flip side, if you drink more than the 64-80 ounces recommended, add salt to your diet to balance it out, as salt is essential to bring various minerals and nutrients to our bodies.

5) If you exercise, you creat itty bitty tears in your muscles. This is normal and must happen if your muscles are to grow. However, when this happens, your body uses water to repair itself...or, you retain water. Much like #4, to get rid of that water weight, you need to down extra water (and protein) when you exercise so your muscles can properly repair WITHOUT gaining weight.

I am sure there are other reasons, but those are the only ones I am aware of. Worth pointing out, the days I don't drink my min requirement are the days I tend not to see any weight loss or a weight gain up to 2 pounds. The days I drink the requirement or more, I tend to see anywhere from a .4 to a 1.2 pound loss (and I do mean days, not week...it all depends on stalls, exercise, and various other things.)

So yes...drink your water...at all costs. Also, WS SAYS soda and caffenine products are fine, but I find that I need to eitehr completely avoid them OR if I have two cups of coffee, make sure I have my 64 ounces PLUS 2 extra cups of water to make up for that coffee. Caffenine stalls metabolism a wee bit...and soda is laced with sodium...which causes...water weight gain! I repeat, MIO and Crystal Light are your friend :)

Sources:
Drinking Water May Speed Weight Loss (http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20040105/drinking-water-may-speed-weight-loss)
Benefits of Drinking Water (http://www.livestrong.com/article/414520-what-are-the-benefits-of-drinking-water-for-weight-loss/)
Why You Need Water (http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=1499)
Drink More Water to Lose Water Weight (http://ezinearticles.com/?Drink-More-Water-to-Lose-Water-Weight&id=2244332)

Nimblegranny
05-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the refresher course ZM - Of course I know how good it is for me. But reminding me that it helps my metabolism is a good enough reason to bathe my organs in it all day. I don't drink soda and I'm not on the Crystal Light/splenda etc. train, although I don't know why, since all that's in those packets I'm eating is nothing but chemicals. If I get sufficiently tired of my water I'll try some Crystal light thingies.;)

Nimblegranny
05-17-2013, 12:45 PM
The main thing I want with weight loss is to be able to get down in the floor with my granddaughter and play...and then get back up again without a big scene. When did I become the old lady who has to be helped up out of the floor? When my belly became a thing that needed to be lifted up separately, I guess. Ava is 16 months old and I plan to play Barbies for a lotta years. So the idea of being a nimble granny is keeping me going. As the weeks go by, it should get easier and easier to get back up out of that floor with her!:carrot:

zoesmom
05-17-2013, 12:47 PM
:) I figured you knew, given you are older than me. I just assumed that if it had been me asking the question, it would have been for trying to justify why not to drink water, given I think the stuff is gross. :lol: So, mostly, I was doing it as both a refresher to you...and to me. I REALLY dislike water. Says a lot about what I used to be willing to put in my mouth, doesn't it! :lol:

Try lemon slices or lime slices to shake things up if you are not a CL fan (I can get behind that, I really can.) I sometimes put crushed mint leaves in my water...I like that A LOT. Carbonated water does not have sodium or ...anything....in it, so it is pretty tastey when you add little extras like that, or even mix them up. Lemon grass is another good one. I've even gone so far as to add crushed lavendar to my water! Not...quite...what I was...expecting. Not bad but..well, not in a hurry to repeat either! :lol:

Get creative with your water, as with your WS items. It makes everything A HECK of a lot easier if it isn't the same flipping thing day in and day out. :)

Later, I'll have to tell you about why I am so motivated..I LOVE that it is your granchild. I think kids are the best reason. :)

Nimblegranny
05-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks so much for your encouragement ZM! I am not feeling very adventurous yet, still getting my legs under me, but I'm not an adventurous cook in general. I'm a widow, I live alone, so it's just me and the quicker I can get it all over with the better. I love the George Foreman for my meat, the steamer for my veggies, and done. But I'm intrigued with the cool stuff everyone does with the WS packets! :cool:

punmama
05-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Yes, thanks for all the tips Zoe's Mom. Now that the weather here on the East Coast is getting warmer it will be easier to get the water in. I never had a problem with drinking water, but I also travel a lot and as much as this seems far fetched water tastes ( if you can taste it that is) different wherever I go.
The lemon slices or crushed mint in the water will help with some of the metallic tastes. Also, don't forget cucumber slices. I saw somewhere a water pitcher that has a tube like thing in the middle. You add crushed fruit or whatever you want into that tube, fill the pitcher with water and you have something that is good to drink. I bought one and intend to use it.

I live alone too Nimblegranny which makes this plan so much easier. At least I know it will. I am looking forward to tomorrow when I will start the diet. Sounds crazy but I have everything packed for each day of the week, all my meals written down on the Food and Activity Diary and am just waiting to go. Ha Ha.

Have a great weekend all.

Nimblegranny
05-17-2013, 05:04 PM
I just ordered a two week Wonderslim box for my boss! She has been doing another plan for a long time and liked the smell of my beefsteak macaroni thingie the other day (and also the prices), and today she said, I'm gonna try your WS! Order me up a two week box! So I customized a box of the good stuff I knew she would like. Look at me, a personal WS shopper! Only 14 days in and I feel like an expert already, it's so easy. Guess I'm good advertisement!:carrot:

irish51
05-18-2013, 10:04 AM
zoesmomWhen I grow up, I wanna be just like you!!!

Thank you! That is the best compliment I have received in a very long time. You made my day. :hug: Frankly, I am not sure what is going on with these sizes, I look in the mirror and really size 4, nope, not seeing it.

nimblegranny I am also a widow, so I understand what you mean about the cooking. My grandson is 14 months old and we get on the floor and play. I watch him, at least 2 days a week, some times more. Before he could walk, I used to crawl under the dining room table with him. Why? , because he wanted me to follow him!:D Now I am glad that I started losing the weight before he could walk. Since he has been walking I find I need all the energy I can muster to keep up. The days that I have him, I usually do not workout.

punmama looking forward to hearing about your first days on WS.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, I had the baby here. I have been drinking water for 23 years. I did Quick Weightloss Diet back then, and had to quit drinking Coke. I have not had a Coke since than, (probably make me sick if I tried one), I drink water all the time. The exception is if I go to a restaurant, different water sometimes makes me ill, so than I will order a sprite (no ice). This is maybe, once a month. Otherwise, water,water,water.

A side benefit of drinking so much water is it is great for your skin!

Have to run and pick up the baby. Hope everyone has a good day.

Nimblegranny
05-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Slipped over the 10 lb. mark and I'm 11 lbs. down! That's my first 10 down and only have to do this 11 more times to reach my goal.

Nimblegranny
05-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Can't wait to see my granddaughter tomorrow, I missed last weekend because I was sick. She is a pistol, just running everywhere, learning to talk, tons of energy. I love books, she loves books. I love shoes, so does she. Want to be the kind of Granny to up and go on trips and adventures and lots of energy, and I'm not that now. She is a wonderful motivation!

punmama
05-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Good Morning all,
I started the program on Saturday and other than a slight headache and feeling a bit hungry it went well. I love the shakes and foods. I chose things from some comments on different foods and I have to say so far you guys have not let me down. I can not believe how easy this is. I am an avid chocoholic and I don't miss that at all thanks to the shakes and bars.

I wish you all a successful day and week.

Maria

zoesmom
05-20-2013, 09:45 AM
:dance: WOOHOO punmama!!!! The headache and hungries abait rather quickly. Your energy will go down for a few days and then...SWING BATTER BATTER! You'll have more energy than you know what to do with! :lol: Glad it is going well! I really truly am...can't WAIT to hear how you do!

Nimblegranny - :woohoo: on pushing over the 10 pound mark, I am so happy for you! I've mentioned last week that I LOVE that your grand baby is your motivation. My kiddo is mine.

Last August 13th (sorry irish, I am subjecting you to this...AGAIN!) my kid, who was three at the time, found me in a semi-coma. I was 293 pounds, a severe asthamtic, and had been sick with what I thought was a simple cold. I had told my husband around 4 am to go on to work without me (we usually car pool) and to leave the girl with me instead of taking her to daycare. I KNOW she was awake at that time, she was going on and on about wanting candy. He left much earlier than normal that day since we weren't going with him, so maybe around 4:15 or 4:30. He had noticed I was pale, and had considered taking the girl anyways...or even staying home to keep her out of my hair. Had he done either of those, I would not be here today. He left, and I turned the TV on for my kiddo, then crawled back in bed.

It was somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30 when I next woke. At least, I think it was. I really don't remember. Most of that day is nothing but a blur of dreamy memories. My head was swimming. I was half way on the floor. My 35-40 pound 3 year old had managed to drag my huge frame out of the bed. She was screaming and crying and pounding on me, begging me to wake up. I have no clue how long she had been doing that. All I know is, she was scared, more scared than I had ever seen her before.

I somehow managed to stumble the rest of the way to the floor and stand up. I couldn't breathe. It felt like someone was standing on my chest. I told my kid to get dressed, and she moved faster than I ever seen her move before and she started dragging me to the door telling me we had to go to the doctor NOW. I don't know if I ever got dressed. I really don't. I do know that I stupidly got in the car with my kid and by the grace of God managed to get to the doctor's office in one piece. I really don't remember the drive.

When I walked in the doctor's office, the receptionist literally jumped out of her chair and screamed out that she needed help in the front lobby and proceeded to rush and ask if I was okay. I found out later that my face was turning blue. I mumbled something about not being able to breathe before two nurses quickly brought me into the tirage and hooked me up to everything to get my stats. That's when everything went from insane to flat out chaotic. I suddenly had shots going into me, 911 was being called, oxygen was being put on me, steroids being dumped by the needles, IV's being hooked up. My O2 reading was 71...and quickly dropping. I rember being loaded up into the ambulance and crying out that I needed my kid and the doctor forcibly holding her back so she couldn't come with me. I remember looking out the ambulance window wondering if we would ever see each other again, remembering literally being scared for my life. By the time I got to the hospital, which was 10 minutes away, my artorial blood O2 level was at 42. Morgues often times see corpses come in with higher O2 levels. I should have been at the very least in a coma (like i had been earlier in the day) or flat lining. I don't know how many times I had heard that from various doctors and nurses over the next several weeks and months.

I ended up with a cocktail of illnesses. I had everything. Literally. I had a virial infection. I had a bacterial infection. I later developed a fungal infaction (thanks hospital cleaning crew.) I had carbon dioxide posioning. I had been in a severe asthma attack and didn't know it. I had streptococcus pneumoniae type B...which I later learned is flat out deadly. I was in ICU 3-4 days and remained in the hospital for 9 days after that. I was on an O2 tank up until November. I was diagnosed with ARDS, which is lifelong and has symptoms very similar to CPOD. I have significant scar tissue on my left lung that will likely never repair itself. I was told to file disability. I was told I would never be able to live without having a back up O2 tank in my house at any given time. I was only 29.

December 31st last year, my doctor cleared me to diet and LITE exercise (he did not want me doing anything that caused me any exerction.) I had been doing it previously...but only half arsed. When he cleared me, something snapped. My kid almost found me dead. My kid almost watched me die. My kid STILL has nightmares about it. My kid is still terrorfied if I fall asleep. I can NOT let her go through that again. I can not. I will not.

I started hard core with WS. I had to start exercise by trying to get to my car and back to the front door. It was hard. It was impossible. But I did it. I started dropping wieght. And it started getting a little easier. Come February, I was able to do more intense workouts, such as 30DS. I now can run a mile. My O2 tank is collecting dust as I haven't had to use it but once since February (and that was last week...grrrr.) No one told me my weight is what nearly did me in. Truth is, it wasn't. But I know, in the bottom of my heart, that my weight being out of control is what caused a bad situation to turn so close to deadly. And I REFUSE to put myself of my kid through that again. Because next time, I might not make it out alive. My kid is my inspiration and motivation. I used to think I was selfish if I took time for myself or did anything for myself...so I never dieted and I never exercised. I now realize, I was selfish in thinking that...because I almost deprived my child of me. It will NOT happen again. Will not.

Like I said...I LOVE that your grand baby is your motivation...it touches me on a VERY personal level.

irish - then look at photos. Bet you'll see it there...I did!

I am officially 244 today. TAKE THAT PREDISONE!! HAHA! NO GAIN ON YOU THIS TIME! :D One more itty bitty pound and I hit my dear 50 lost. Loving this! I now weigh 3 pound less than I did when my husband met me :D

Nimblegranny
05-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Welcome punmama! Nice to have another newbie here to share the journey with. I had the headaches for a few days but now none. Feeling better and better as my blood sugar goes down.

Well, zoesmama, that's quite a story! Thanks for sharing. Medical reasons are certainly more a part of it at my age than vanity, but I am glad to have hope to fit into those bins of smaller clothes I've been keeping around for years now. I'm all set for cute wardrobe already, so bring it on WS! :carrot:

Last night I had LF colbyjack grilled on a diet wheat bun in the toaster oven and broccoli. I must say, I'm getting picky about my broccoli already. I don't like cuts, I like spears. I don't like frozen, I like fresh. :D

Nimblegranny
05-20-2013, 10:41 AM
punmama, I know you aren't a newbie, I don't mean newbie I guess, I just mean starting the WS plan anew. There IS a difference. So welcome to that!:dizzy:

zoesmom
05-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Welcome punmama! Nice to have another newbie here to share the journey with. I had the headaches for a few days but now none. Feeling better and better as my blood sugar goes down.

Well, zoesmama, that's quite a story! Thanks for sharing. Medical reasons are certainly more a part of it at my age than vanity, but I am glad to have hope to fit into those bins of smaller clothes I've been keeping around for years now. I'm all set for cute wardrobe already, so bring it on WS! :carrot:

Last night I had LF colbyjack grilled on a diet wheat bun in the toaster oven and broccoli. I must say, I'm getting picky about my broccoli already. I don't like cuts, I like spears. I don't like frozen, I like fresh. :D

No sweat Nimble :)

Oh...and you should try "apple" zuchinni or zuchinni chips if you are getting burnt out on brocolli. Super easy to make and SUPER tastey...and I hate zuchinni! Also, if you you want a low starch/carb alternative to potatoes, rutabaga makes an awesome substitute and makes a mean "french fry" or a tastey mashed dish. Kale makes a tastey and crunchy chip. Cauliflower makes a pretty decent mashed potato or rice. And...huh...that's all I can think of on the spur of the moment :lol: But like you, I used to prefer frozen. Now, not so much. My once every two weeks shopping trips have now turned into once every two days. But, at least my stuff is tastey! :lol:

punmama
05-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks for your support guys. I have a question concerning the soup. How do you guys prepare it? I bring my packets to work with me we have no access to boiling water. We have hot water from a spiggot in the kitchen but it is not boiling water. I don't want to schlepp a thermos with me to work since I have to walk to the train station every morning and I know what a mess that can get sometimes. Any ideas?

Nimblegranny
05-20-2013, 03:23 PM
zoesmom, how do you make these veggie chips that you say are so easy?

zoesmom
05-21-2013, 08:49 AM
KALE CHIPS

-1 bunch of kale
-1 tablespoon olice oil
-1 teaspoon sea salt and/or other spices (per preference)

1.Preheat an oven to 275 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2.With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Toss kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
3.Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, for about 20 minutes.

Tips:
Baking too little results in limp kale pieces and baking too long causes a "burned" taste. Be sure to use the "curly" kale variety as it tend to be less bitter. Turn the kale half way through to ensure crispness on all sides. Use ONLY just enough oil to BARELY coat the leaves otherwise they'll stay soggy. DO NOT EXPECT them to taste like potato chips...but they ARE good.

zoesmom
05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
BAKED ZUCHINNI CHIPS

- 1 to 2 zuchinni, sliced thin, roughly 1/8 of an inch thick
- a pinch of salt (be careful, too much salt will cause these babies to shrink A LOT, and they are already are going to shrink as is)
- pepper and other spices as desired(I use garlic and smoked paprika)
- Olive Oil spray (such as Pam)

Toss the slices with your salt and other spices. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper (trust me on this) and then spread the slices on top. Spray the tops, NOT the parchment paper, with the olive oil spray. They can be close together, but not touching, as they will shrink when baking.

Bake at 175 for 60-90 minutes, flip, then bake for another 60-90 minutes, or until crisp but not burnt. If you have a dehydrator, that would work too...just follow the instructions for that appliance.

Tips:
Try to pat these babies as dry as possible, or let them sit for a little (10-20 minutes) so excess moisture can be "wicked away" for optimial crispness. These are best eaten straight out of the oven while still warm. They become slightly chewy after an hour or so. You can alter the flavors anyway you want, for example, adding 1-2 tablespoons of Splenda or other sweetner of your choice with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon makes a great mock spiced apple chip.

zoesmom
05-21-2013, 09:18 AM
BAKED RUTABAGA CHIPS

-1 large rutabaga, peeled and sliced thinly (can use a mandoline or a food processor)
-1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 teaspoons salt
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped finely

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a bowl, toss the rutabaga with the olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and the black pepper. Spread the rutabaga across the baking sheet so it fits in one layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping the pieces every 10 minutes. They will curl and turn crispy. If they need more time, put them in for another 5 minutes and check again until they are your desired consistency. Take them out of the oven. Transfer the chips in a bowl and toss with the remaining salt, maybe a touch of pepper, and the fresh rosemary (nutmeg is good too.)

Tips:
A standard kitchen peeler will not work well on a rutabaga. Some rutabagas are coated with wax before shipment to the produce market; this will not affect the taste or nutritional value of the vegetable. Using hot water will quickly melt the wax...or if you are lazy like me, wrap a damp paper towel over the root vegetable, and nuke it in the microwave for 3 minutes. This also makes it worlds easier to cut (and peel.) Rutabaga skin is edible but has a slightly bitter taste.

irish51
05-21-2013, 10:30 AM
sorry irish, I am subjecting you to this...AGAIN!)

zoesmom I think it is worth repeating. Look how far you've come.

punmama I don't eat any kind of soup, so I am afraid I can not help with ideas.

So, I have gained a couple pounds and now must get back on track.:(

Nimblegranny
05-21-2013, 10:48 AM
zoesmom, I've never eaten a rutabaga in my life. Wouldn't even begin to know what one looks like. SO that will be an adventure. Another friend has told me about kale chips. Will def try!

punmama, I am not a fan of the soups and sent all of mine back except for one box to have on sick days. I would think a microwave is the way to go, do you have one of those in the office? I would probably even try soaking the chicken noodle, as I do my macaronis, before nuking, because as I recall the soups just never seem to "gel" together enough for my liking. So I stick with the spicy and beefy macaronis for work lunches and they are perfect after sitting in hot water awhile first and then nuking. I do have a box of chili which I don't love either because it's so thin - so I could use some advice there too!

zoesmom
05-21-2013, 11:00 AM
ACK! The soup! I forgot about that question! Sorry punmama!

Like you, my office only has a spigot. But, they also have a microwave. I have learned that if I make the soup with water as hot as I can get it from the tap, let it sit for 30 minutes in a mug (after briskly stirring), then nuke it for about a minute, it works just fine. I also have learned that I like the tomato soup cold (I know, I am sick and twisted.) So, I make that as if I was making one of my shakes, let it sit for about 15 minutes in the fridge (or with a few cubes of ice in it) and voila! Instant V8! :lol: Not really. But close enough. Mainly, I only use the soups if I am being lazy or if I know I am going to be traveling and will need to stop and eat. If I am traveling, all gas stations and restaurants have piping hot water (it is an attachement to industrial coffee makers), so getting hot water is never a problem in those instances. Worst of worse, I am sure there is a mock bread you can make using the soup packets. I've been wanting to experiement with that recently...maybe if I find the time in the near future, I will see if it really can be done. I mean, it should be doable...but then again, I am still in a learning curve when it comes to cooking complex whey protein. You would think that this ex-vegetarian would know how. Nope. Not even slightly. But I can cook a mean tofu alfredo! I guess that counts for something :lol:

irish - don't make me come up there! :kickbutt: I get it though. I fell off the wagon this past weekend myself. Surprsingly, I didn't gain. I think my problem was I had all these wonderful plans with a huge group of family and friends that involved picnicing. I made ALL THIS WONDERFUL food, but packed MY stuff so I could join them...and then it rained (okay, it monsooned) and plans got canceled. :tantrum: So, suddenly, I had TONS of food that was going to NEVER get eaten. I was able to get rid of the sandwhiches by donating them to my kid's daycare class, along with the chips and the cookies. My hubby stole the potato salad, so that was no longer an issue. The only thing left was my mom's request that I make macoroni salad. Thankfully, it was a very small amount as only she and I like it...and I hadn't planned on eating any. Needless to say, I ate it since my mom never acquired it. BUT! It was only one cup then gone. THANK HEAVENS! Things could have gone a LOT worse! But, I get it. Things happen sometimes. Just get on back up and pick up where you left off. Today, I plan to exercise again. I've taken a 9 day break due to a pulled muscle in my back...it still hurts, but at least I can tolerate the pain now. I am itching for a run, but guess I shall keep to walking for a few days until the lingering pain abaits.

nimble - try adding xuam gum powder to stuff that needs to be thickened up ;) And no help for the chili here...irish and I don't eat it, so I have NO idea how to help you out on that one!!!

Nimblegranny
05-21-2013, 11:22 AM
: Come February, I was able to do more intense workouts, such as 30DS. I now can run a mile. My O2 tank is collecting dust as I haven't had to use it but once since February (and that was last week...grrrr.)

One more itty bitty pound and I hit my dear 50 lost. Loving this! I now weigh 3 pound less than I did when my husband met me :D

This is so inspiring, zoesmom. You HAVE come so far, as irish says!! I still don't have a lot of energy and I feel a lot is because my blood sugar is still high even more than the weight I'm carrying. It is fluctuating between normal and medium high WITH all my meds where two weeks ago before WS it was out of control HIGH all the time, especially at bedtime and first thing in the morning. It affects my eyesight, my gait (feet), and my energy in a very negative way, and I just am so hoping to see this number drop little by little as time goes by, and my energy to return.

I worry a little about the sugar in the replacements and snacks not being a good plan for me, keeping my sugar up, I don't find much in the way of discussion about this except for those saying they lost weight and thus their sugar levels were lowered. :?:

punmama
05-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Nimblegranny,
I am like you. I take medication for my Type II diabetes and have not really done anything about it but take the medication. I don't even check my blood sugar which i know I should. Just to darn scared to face the facts.
I started Wonder Slim on Saturday and it is working for me. I do not feel sluggish any more, can actually sleep like a baby again and have a lot of energy.
I am a sugarholic and would rather eat chocolate bars than meals so believe me this is a big step for me. Just hang in there and do it. Remember that next month will come no matter what you do so stay focused. I have temptations all the time at work since our cafe has all sorts of things to eat but I told myself that I am not going to touch anything. I had a scare last week where I thought I was going to have a heart attack. That scare made me more determined to get back on track. I am too young to die.

You want to play with your grandaughter and have fun with her and see her grow up. Your blood sugar will stablize to normal if you stay with it.
I really will be rooting for you.
Maria

punmama
05-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Thank you all for your help with the soup and hot meals. I really actually like the stuff which I didn't think I would I guess my taste buds changed since last year.
I will try some of the suggestions.

Nimblegranny
05-21-2013, 02:43 PM
I don't even check my blood sugar which i know I should. Just to darn scared to face the facts.

punmama, I wasn't being compliant with my blood sugar either when I was eating the house down, because I knew it would be bad news. Then when I started WS I decided to watch those numbers come down too -- even more reinforcement! -- and they really are. You might like that reinforcement too.

I started Wonder Slim on Saturday and it is working for me. I do not feel sluggish any more, can actually sleep like a baby again and have a lot of energy.

This is so encouraging! And so fast too!

Just hang in there and do it. Remember that next month will come no matter what you do so stay focused. I have temptations all the time at work since our cafe has all sorts of things to eat but I told myself that I am not going to touch anything.

What amazes me is that I'm not hungry and I'm not tempted. The structure really works for me, and the easiness of it. There's no guessing. I heard somebody else say, you're either on plan or off plan, and you know it. I like that! So far, it's just a non-issue for me, I love that every day I can choose something to have and the rest is a no-brainer!

I had a scare last week where I thought I was going to have a heart attack. That scare made me more determined to get back on track. I am too young to die.

Nobody's dying here! We are all on another path now and going nowhere but up! Feeling hopeful about my future is the best part of the plan, to me!

You want to play with your grandaughter and have fun with her and see her grow up. Your blood sugar will stablize to normal if you stay with it.
I really will be rooting for you.
Maria

Thank you so much!

Nimblegranny
05-21-2013, 02:45 PM
BTW everybody, I put my cheesecake in the freezer last night and it was fantastic. The top got a little hard layer on it like cheesecake. It was very exciting.;)

Nimblegranny
05-21-2013, 02:58 PM
FYI punmama - I found this on a Medifast thread about the soup:

First of all, soup. Especially the ones with noodles or nice. If you cook it per the directions sometimes the noodles/rice and other pieces remain hard and crunchy. Yuck. Here's what you do: add your cold water and let it sit for a few minutes or more. I don't think you could presoak it too much so if you have the time, use it. Then cook per directions. When the microwave routine is finished, carefully (its hott!) pour your soup into some kind of thermos (soup, coffee, etc) close the lid and let it sit for a few. The thermos keeps it warm enough where the soup continues to cook, and when you go to eat it it's actually thick and creamy and really, really good.

punmama
05-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks nimblegranny. I know that the noodles are still crunchy so this will help with that. I have to remember to put the cheese cake in the freezer too.

zoesmom
05-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Adding 1 tablespoon of fat free cream cheese (and leaving your optional from dinner out from dinner) also greatly improved the cheese cake.

You aren't going to find a lot on WS regarding diabetes other than it helps. There are reports and all that scientific mumbo-jumbo. However, the reads are insanely boring and close to impossible to follow. However, since WS is based off of both Medifast and Ideal Protein and since there ARE tons of users for those programs, you CAN find info for those regarding diabetics and the high protein diets and sugar levels. In my experience, a lot of people don't follow the WS protocol, but do use the WS product to follow these protocols as WS tastes better and is lower in carbs. I suggest looking here (http://www.medifastmedia.com/shared/docs/diabetes_guide.pdf) and here (http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ALTERNATIVE-IP-PROTOCOL-for-diabetics1.pdf) for info on this type of diet and diabetes. In addition, you had made comment about being concerned with the amount of sugar in the products. Please note that while that is something to monitor as a diabetic, you really should be more concerned over the carbs themselves (http://ezinearticles.com/?Diabetes---Why-Carbohydrates-Can-Be-Worse-Than-Sugar&id=3648216) (sugar is a type of carb) and the sugar to carb ratio. Always remember to subtract your dietary fiber from the total carbs as well, to get the true net count. Remember, a diabetic has no way of breaking down the carbs consumed, that is why you take medication. And your body doesn't care if it is a sugar carb or a starch carb or a complex carb (although some WILL cause more spikes than others.) To your body, a carb is a carb. Since this diet give you between 70-120 grams of carbs A DAY and the average NON-DIETING female comsumes 300 grams a day, you are eating far less than the you once were. That means, you are on a low carb (and by default, low sugar) diet...which means your body has way less carbs to try and break down. Which means, you *SHOULD* be able to either decrease your meds or stop them altogether in the future. Remember, the amount of carbs you eat must be calculated based on the amount of insulin you intend to take or your food intake must be tailored to the amount of insulin in your body. In other words, if you take 10 units for breakfast, you could eat roughly 100 carbs for breakfast. But...you aren't even eating 100 a day on this diet....

That's why most doctors will tell you to watch your carbs and many times, forget to mention sugar, because they lump it all in the same group, since your body does too.

***I am in no way, shape, or body a doctor and am not able to properly assess your true daily needs. As with any diet, especially if you have any of the "deadly" diseases (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, mumurs, ect.) please consult your doctor both before partaking in any diet or exercise and throughout the course of your weightloss regemine. Remember---you doctor should be your partner in this endeavor, so you lose weight the healthiest way.***

And now, without much more ado...GUESS WHO FINALLY HIT 50 POUNDS lost forever! WOOT!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

punmama
05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Congratulations on your successful loss Zoesmom. That is awesome news.

irish51
05-22-2013, 10:26 AM
zoesmom :cb::cb::bravo::bravo::cp::cp::bravo::bravo: :dance::dance::bravo::bravo::woohoo::woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Nimblegranny
05-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Yay zoesmom! :carrot:What irish said!!! 50 lbs. is amazing! I'm so inspired, how long has it taken you?

And thanks for the carb stuff. Helps to think about it that way. I will do my reading up too. You're the best!

Nimblegranny
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
My boss got her two-week box today and is very excited, so started today at morning snack. It will be great to have a buddy right here, and there is a Medifast buddy here in the office too who has been very successful and is in transition now, we have watched her melt away on the plan since last November. So Go Team Nimblegranny! :D

Just so excited for you, zoesmom. I can't imagine how joyful you must feel. Such an accomplishment!:carrot:

Nimblegranny
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Question, when I order a grilled chicken salad no croutons, I need to leave off the cheese too, right? Even though it's protein and negligible I'm sure it's not lowfat.

punmama
05-22-2013, 02:41 PM
How do I undo what I have just done? I ate some things that I should not have after I had my Wonder Slim lunch. I would like to know if I can use that as my dinner and have a bar for dinner along with some veggies? It was not exactly a lean/green meal and believe me I am feeling it now. I feel very bloated and gassy.

Nimblegranny
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Will have to wait for our senior members to answer that punmama! I have no clue except just get right back on like the slip didn't happen.

punmama
05-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks nimblegranny. I know you can interchange the lean/green meal for lunch. The way I feel I want to get back on board. Blah. LOL.

zoesmom
05-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Thanks everyone :) It was a major accomplishment, something I never thought I could do prior to WS.

Nimble - I am not a fair one to compare against. I started WS on July 17, 2012...but very quickly had to stop due to illness on August 13th and per doctor orders, was not allowed to restart until December 31st. I lost a lot of time. I don't remember how much I lost that first three weeks, but I know when I restarted I weighed in at 286 and my high had been 293. So, since the first of the year, I have lost 43 pounds, or roughly 2 pounds per week, but...if you go by all the weeks I was actively losing weight, not including when I was ill, I lost 1.86 pounds per week on average. I also exercise, which slows weight loss down, especially on low calorie diets. Plus, not throwing age out in a negative way, but well, I am younger than most of you, at only 30, so my metabolism is a wee bit more amped. None the less, despite all of that, I am still moving along much quicker than I would have otherwise.

You should read up on carbs vs sugar to diabetics. The reads are rather enlightening. I am the only lucky one in my family to not be diabetic...literally EVERYONE around me is. I am hoping, as I get my weight under control, my risk will decrease. Since I am terrified of needles, I read WAY too much on the subject to figure out how to best avoid it and how to best monitor it. Fear will do some amazing things to motivation! :lol:

Yep...when you order a salad, you should ask for no cheese. Most restaurants do not use low fat cheese. Where as you are allowed one diary a day on WS, it should be 2% or less and about 1/4 a cup. When thinking of cheese, that equates out to 1 ounce of low fat. Can you be sure that is all that is on there? And can you make a pact with yourself to not have any more dairy for the day outside of that?

punmama - you cannot undo a bad snack choice. But you can combat it. Go for a walk for about 30 minutes. Keep your heart rate up, but not past the point where you are unable to have a conversation while walking. That will drop about 100 of those calories, depending on your BMR. Log into MyFitnessPal.com or LoseIT.com and input every bite you've had today. How do you look?
I have my account customized and set to 950 base calories (it goes up when I add in exercise). Everything else is set at:
Protein 50%
Fats 30%
Carbs 20%

This is per my doctor....so, that is what I go by. Your needs may be different. But...none the less, after plugging your numbers in, how do you look for the day? Are you under? over? If over, try to go for the least damaging meal...which is likely going to be the hot cocoa or cappucino if you have it. A shake if not. Bars have more carbs, so that may not be best for you...but then again, giving that you are diabetic, you know you better than I do. If you are hungry, lettuce, celery, pickles, all those nice high fiber low cal or 0/0/0 veggies are your friend. Remember though, eat within moderation. 1 cup is okay. 2 cups is pushing it. 3 cups and well, you might as well have eaten that protein bar. Lettuce is a free food, you can eat as much as you want. Celery is a free food. Pickles and cucumbers are free food. everything else has a price (read calories here) tag.

Worst of worst? Don't sweat the small stuff. We all make mistakes. Lord knows I made my fair share. Tomorrow is another day, another chance to get it right. Just whatever you do, don't give up. THAT is the ultimate failure. Being human and eating a bit too much? Well, it happens. How else do you intend to learn form your mistakes if you don't make those mistakes? You can do this, have faith. :hug:

punmama
05-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Zoesmom,
I made the mistake and now it is over. When I got home from work instead of eating the house down I went back to program. I have to look into Myfitnesspal. com. I heard about it but haven't looked at it yet.

You are vey lucky not to be diabetic since it runs in your family. I take oral medication not the needles, I am like you with that.

Thank you for your suggestions of pickles, celery and lettuce. That will be hard to swallow ( literally) since I don't care for any of them but I will pace myself and buy them.

I do admit that I really felt bloated after eating what I did and know that I will not do that again. I am not under a doctor's supervision because I know what he will say, " Just eat right" , no suggestions or anything like that.

Nimblegranny: Thank you again for your help and suggestions. You are a really neat person.

Maria

zoesmom
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM
:cheer: YEAH YOU for getting back on plan ASAP! Sounds like your doctor isn't a partner when it comes to weight loss. I know I am insanely lucky with my group of doctors...all of them are just as commited as I am and I meet up with one of them twice a month to review my daily journal and discuss what is and what isn't working and make tweaks as need be. I also know that he specializes in weight loss, unlike my GP. In fact, a GP probably isn't going to be much help when determining a substainable plan. An endocrinologist on the other hand...well, let's just say I freaking love mine. If I lose a pound, he literally jumps up and down for joy. If I lose 15 pounds, he dances in circles and hugs me like I did something major. He actually rocks. And he monitors my blood work and all that jazz. But, I also know I am super lucky to have him on my side. Most just take notes.

I understand your reluctance to lettuce, celery and pickles...THEY ARE GROSS!

Other 0 calorie foods (They are foods that when consumed actually use so much energy being digested that they cause your body to burn enough calories to offset the calories that they contain) are:

Miracle Noodles (filling and has an okay taste. Works fairly well with Walden Farms pasta sauces, which are also 0/0/0) - CAN be expensive though

And:
Zero-calorie vegetables include zucchini, turnips, spinach, radishes, onions, lettuce, green beans, garlic, cucumbers, celery, carrots, green cabbages, broccoli and asparagus.

Be careful of the carbs in some of these...but, then again, being a diabetic, your needs for carbs may be higher than mine. For instance, you know carrots, green beans, and onions can be lightly sweet, so the carbs are likely higher in those.

irish51
05-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Today is my 62nd birthday. The scale is coming down, not quite back to where it should be,but I am getting there.

My youngest son is in Florida at a business conference. My oldest son is on the way to NYC, with his fiancee and her daughters. They are visiting him and have never been to New York. My daughter-in-law, is at work, so I have the baby today. I actually, picked him up last night.

Not a very exciting birthday! :p

Nimblegranny
05-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Happy birthday irish!!:bday2you:

Sounds like you have so much to be thankful for: successful, employed and healthy children are nothing to sneeze at! And you know I'm jealous of your overnight with the grandbaby!

Not to mention how important you are becoming to me and I'm sure already are to all of the others here who look to you for motivation and inspiration!

Then there's your journey, along with your improved health and outlook, which sets a shining example for your family, friends, and the rest of us.

So YAY! :woo: Have a wonderful rest of the day as you count your many blessings and especially the fact that you can be home and spend time being a grandmother, the best job in the world!!:celebrate:

zoesmom
05-24-2013, 11:06 AM
HAPPY BE-LATED IRISH!!!

You are a braver woman than I. I don't admit to birthdays! :lol: then again...I don't admit to them because something always goes horribly wrong...like being hospitalized for double pnemonia or open heart surgery on my step dad or a favorite uncle dying, you know, stuff like that. I have refused to acknowledge my birthday for 3 years and so far, so good, NO ISSUES!! :lol:

In all seriousness though, Happy Birthday! And :hug: You are just too freaking awesome!

Daughter's ballet recital was last night...SO freaking adorable! Heading out of town in a few hours....going to be MIA for a few days and get some seriously needed R&R...been too busy these past few weeks...and this week has been much nuttier than normal.

anyways, everyone have an awesome Memorial Day Weekend and let's keep our guys and gals who have lost their lives fighting for what they believed in and those that keep doing it, in our hearts. PEACE! :goodvibes

Nimblegranny
05-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Discovered Walden Farms sauces in my Kroger yesterday, they were out of chocolate so I got caramel. It was awsome dribbled on my vanilla pudding, just let me say.

My DGD pee-peed in the pot-TAY last night! Still singing the song in my head! :carrot: Still amazes me how exciting every little thing is to me. The kids called me right away! Of course she is only 15 mos. old so she is a genius.;)

I'm going strong, yesterday had plain steamed broccoli and chicken at my favorite Chinese for my L&G and that was nice, just going by and picking up Chinese like I used to love to do. It wasn't the same, but it was GOOD FOR ME and a little change from my usual salad with chicken breast.

Going to try to sell my DVD collection and some books at a yard sale tomorrow, just don't need them anymore with Netflix and Kindle. Then getting my hair cut, and Sunday Biskitt and I going to babysit overnight for the kids so they can have date night, and then spend Monday with them. I will take all my food and some frozen veggies and chicken breasts, but most likely they will be eating food that is WS friendly themselves as they run a healthy house and are very supportive of me. So I'm hoping for some outdoor grilling on Monday! :cool:

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend, filled with hope and gratitude.

Down 12, 108 to go! When do I get to have a ticker??

zoesmom
05-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Discovered Walden Farms sauces in my Kroger yesterday, they were out of chocolate so I got caramel. It was awsome dribbled on my vanilla pudding, just let me say.

My DGD pee-peed in the pot-TAY last night! Still singing the song in my head! :carrot: Still amazes me how exciting every little thing is to me. The kids called me right away! Of course she is only 15 mos. old so she is a genius.;)

I'm going strong, yesterday had plain steamed broccoli and chicken at my favorite Chinese for my L&G and that was nice, just going by and picking up Chinese like I used to love to do. It wasn't the same, but it was GOOD FOR ME and a little change from my usual salad with chicken breast.

Going to try to sell my DVD collection and some books at a yard sale tomorrow, just don't need them anymore with Netflix and Kindle. Then getting my hair cut, and Sunday Biskitt and I going to babysit overnight for the kids so they can have date night, and then spend Monday with them. I will take all my food and some frozen veggies and chicken breasts, but most likely they will be eating food that is WS friendly themselves as they run a healthy house and are very supportive of me. So I'm hoping for some outdoor grilling on Monday! :cool:

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend, filled with hope and gratitude.

Down 12, 108 to go! When do I get to have a ticker??

WOOT! Awesome! weight loss! My kiddo was 18 months and everyone said she was early, so rock on with your DGD!

You should get creative with your meals, chicken and salad gets BORING after a while :lol: Big Mac in a Bowl is DELISH! and WS friendly. Pork can be cooked a million and one ways and the tenderloin is usually lean. Turkey, flank steak, bunch of stuff. Maybe I will start a thread of my favorite recipies in the future. Like my healthy version of teriyaki sauce. Of my tofu alfredo (seriously! You should try some tofu alfredo...AMAZING on steamed veggies...even people who HATE tofu like it!)

And you've hit the 20 post requirement for a ticker....just wait until your 20 day point and then you are golden. So...what...one, two more weeks?

Nimblegranny
05-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Big Mac in a Bowl!:dizzy: Must have it! Please do post WS friendly recipes, I would be a big fan of that.

I have made Crack Slaw several times with ground turkey. It was terrific. I need to know what to put in my ground turkey to make it taste better, so if you have some ground turkey recipes, bring 'em on! Just plain ground turkey patties are blech.

Yes, I joined 5/7 but didn't start posting right away. Will it alert me when I can have a ticker, or what?

punmama
05-24-2013, 02:25 PM
First off everyone have a Happy and Healthy holiday this weekend. Be safe and remember those who fight for our freedom.

Happy Belated Birthday to you Irish51! I take it you had a great day!!

Congratualtions on your DGD's new accomplishment Nimblegranny. She will soon be a little adult . I hope you have a great weekend with your family.

I remember my niece's ballet recital over 23 years ago Zoesmom. They are all adorable to watch. Wish I had the opportunity to have ballet lessons but things were different in the early 1960's.

What is crack slaw? I heard that term before but never knew what it was. That Big Mac in a bowl sounds good too. I am not a chicken breast fan so I stay away from them.
I have nothing planned for this weekend, just relax and get things done around the house as I see fit.
Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend and family time.

irish51
05-24-2013, 03:07 PM
N Granny Thanks. I kept the little guy last night, also. By the time my DIL would have been able to meet me, it would have been after 7:15 PM, and than the ride back home, giving him dinner, it would have been his bedtime and she really would not have been able to spend much time with him. I take pictures of him in the morning and text a 'good morning mommy' message to her, whenever I keep him overnight (which turns out to be quite often ;) ).

zoesmomYou are a braver woman than I. I don't admit to birthdays!

There is a reason for that! My mother died at the age of 59 from breast cancer, two years kater my dad died at age 67 cerebral hemorrhage, my husband died at age 53 lung cancer, most probably due to Agent Orange Exposure (Vietnam '67). So in my family every birthday is reason to celebrate! Thanks for the wishes.

Glad the ballet recital went well. Enjoy your time away.

punmama Thank you. I love spending time with my grandson. He is not much of a party person...yet. He is in bed by 8:15 PM :lol:

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. I will be without baby for the next two days, so I will be doing yard work. That's if the rain stays away. If not, I will be on the couch watching movies!!:D

Nimblegranny
05-24-2013, 04:29 PM
punmama, there are a million Crack Slaw recipes, just Google it. This is the one I used, made it with ground turkey, though. It makes a LOT. It is addictive.

CRACK SLAW
-1 lb ground beef
-salt and pepper
-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-3 green onions, sliced
-14 ounces coleslaw mix (if you don't want the carrots use the angel hair cole slaw or just shred up a head of cabbage)
-2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
-1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (this will be pretty mild so add to taste or you can use pepper flakes to taste)
-1 (1 g) Splenda quick pack
-1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (you could also use 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger or ground ginger)
-1 teaspoon white vinegar (any kind really)
-sriracha sauce (to garnish)

Directions:

1 Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.

2 Remove from pan and set aside.

3 Heat up sesame oil and sauté garlic, onions, and slaw in sesame oil until cabbage cooked to desired tenderness.

4 Stir in the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, Splenda, ginger and vinegar.

5 Add back in hamburger. Mix well and serve!

6 Serve with additional Sriracha sauce on the side for people who want to add spice.

Nimblegranny
05-24-2013, 04:40 PM
There is a reason for that! My mother died at the age of 59 from breast cancer, two years kater my dad died at age 67 cerebral hemorrhage, my husband died at age 53 lung cancer, most probably due to Agent Orange Exposure (Vietnam '67). So in my family every birthday is reason to celebrate! Thanks for the wishes.

I celebrate big too, irish. My mother died of ovarian cancer at age 51, and her sister with brain cancer at 51, so every year I outlive them is a huge one. My husband was 59 when he died six weeks after finding out he had pancreatic cancer. I had the "Angelina Jolie" surgery and reconstruction three years ago, as I have the gene and I do NOT intend to go out that way! :tantrum:

So if I can do that, I can surely take off this weight, 10 lbs. at a time. I'm working on my second 10 now. I don't intend to go out with diabetes either. I'm on a new journey now. Thanks for being here and thanks for letting me share.:comp:

jeanie402000
05-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Just wanted to say hello. Just ordered my first 2 week WS supply. Can't wait to get it in and try it. I have had extreme difficulty losing weight due to a heart transplant 11 years ago. I've tried WW, and calorie counting and have only managed 1/2 pound a week. This of course frustrates me after 2 weeks and I wind up getting off track. I babysit 2 of my grandbabies full time and just don't have time to plan and cook alot of "diet meals" for one person. I'm really hoping this works and love the idea of having this online forum here!!

Nimblegranny
05-26-2013, 03:35 PM
:welcome3:

Welcome Jeannie! The reason I'm loving WS is because it's so easy. Not much cooking, just a lot of planning, and that becomes second nature after the first week or so. I love the convenience of the packages and the food tastes good for packaged food. I am completely satisfied, am not having problems with temptations at this point (3 weeks in) and feel I can do this for the long haul. I have a lot to lose, so I am feeling really hopeful about the next few months. The senior members here have been incredibly helpful with practical advice AND inspiration. So, once again, :welcome2:

The more the merrier!

Nimblegranny
05-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Down 3 more, for 15 total! That's halfway through my second 10, taking it 10 lbs. at a time. Very happy with 15 lbs. in 3 weeks, one day. Am starting to be able to see a little difference in the muffin top and my clothes are starting to be loose or fit well instead of being tight. YAY me!:carrot:

zoesmom
05-26-2013, 08:10 PM
:welcome: jeanie!!! Glad to have you on board! WW is an excellent program, an average of 1/2 a pound a week is actually a very average weight loss for most people. in fact, most dieters can lose between 1/2 - 2 pounds a week following plans such as WS. That being said, WS is certainly much faster than 1/2 a pound a week. I know I average roughly 1.5 pounds a week roughly, but I also exercise so my loses are a tad slower than what WS advertises. I also don't always lose weight every week, and even have some gains, but the end result is still pounds lost. My advice, don't get stuck on the number on the scale. Because the 6 week plateau will beyond tick you off if you do :) Get a tape measure and take measurements of your bust, waist, hips, thighs, arms, and maybe neck. When the scale doesn't move for a month, I promise you will see movement there. None the less, welcome, and I look forward to reading your progress!!!

Nimble - HUZZAH on the additional 3 pound loss!!!! :five: 15 pounds total is AWESOME!!!!

I have no clue if I have had a loss this weekend or not. No scale here in good old Macon, but it is relaxing and I get to weigh again come Tuesday. I've been on track with my eating...but I think my body is going to punish me as I am swimming a good 2-3 hours a day and then following up with a jog afterwards, leaving me burning WAY more calories than I am consuming during the day....in fact, I have burned 803 calories so far today and before dinner, have only consumed 523 calories. WHOOPS! :lol:

zoesmom
05-26-2013, 08:17 PM
BIG MAC IN A BOWL
(info for ONE serving---and I usually can only eat half of this! :lol:)
1/2 pound lean hamburger (at least 93% fat free, 97% is better!)
2 pickle spears, diced or chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (or dehydrated onion soaked in water)
1/4 head of iceburg lettuce, shredded (I prefer romaine normally, but this tastes MUCH better with iceburg)
2 tablespoons Walden Farms 1000 Island

Brown meat, adding salt and pepper to tastes (I sometimes use garlic too)
Add all the ingredients together, toss, and serve! Easy Peasy and completely WS approved!

Calories: 285
Carbs: 6
Fiber: 2
Protein: 36
Fat: 12
Sodium: 1780 (yeah okay, this is a little high, but given that we should be drinking tons of water, it should be okay unless you have blood pressure problems)

Nimblegranny
05-27-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm going to LOVE Big Mac in a Bowl! Thanks zoesmom!:carrot:

zoesmom
05-28-2013, 09:16 AM
:lol: Nimble - you have no idea how many times I week that is my go to as I am never really able to eat what my hubby and kid eat and I abhor the thought of cooking two dinners! Leftovers are the norm for me, and this is the left over I almost always have on hand 1-2 times a week! And it is so freaking good on the days I am craving junk. It tastes like junk, feels like junk, but so is not junk...PERFECT! :D

I am happy to announce...today....240.8!!! WOOT! That was a 2 pound loss in just a 3 day weekend! Apparently all that activity did my body good! :D It sure felt good. Today, I think I will be taking a break though. I had 3 days straight where I was buring 800 calories or more, and even though I was having my shake right after my exercise, I know full well I was way too active for such a low calorie diet, so I need to let my body rest a wee bit to stabilize. I'll jump up to my run again on Weds, but today, I shall take my rest day.

zoesmom
05-28-2013, 09:32 AM
TOFU ALFREDO

1 tub of 12-16oz SILKEN tofu (yes, SILKEN. If you can not find it, SOFT will work as well)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (this counts as your daily optional)
1/4 cup grated romano cheese (this counts as your daily optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Drain your tofu (colender and paper towel method is the best, and should be done about 15 minutes prior to making alfredo sauce). Place drained tofu, garlic, both cheeses, olive oil, and onion powder into a blender. Blend until smooth. Let sit for about 30 minutes for flavors to "mingle". Pour mixture into a saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 servings

Calories: 172.4
Fat: 11.8
Carb: 5.8
Fiber: .9
Protein: 11.5
Sodium: 296.7 mg

Pour over steamed veggies or Miracle Noodle for a low fat, low cal, low carb meal. Can add skinless chicken breast or other low fat meat for additional calories and protein. Even people who dislike tofu tend to like this, including my super picky 4 year old and anti anything healthy husband :)

jeanie402000
05-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Big Mac in a bowl sounds like something my Mother used to make when I was little. She would crumble and fry up some hamburger, salt and pepper it and mix it up with lettuce and tomato and call it tacos. We didn't eat out so we didn't know any better....lol. Sure was good.

Nimblegranny
05-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Bariatric Choice is having a good sale.:D Just stocked up on desserts in a package and got an extra 10 per cent too plus used my rewards plus free shipping of course. I don't feel like "cooking" at dessert time so the cookies work best for me, but I am trying the caramel and butterscotch puddings too.

I can live without the double chocolate cake and more pudding is not usually what I want, but these flavors tempted me! I have gotten used to the cookies and they are yummy to me, especially the oatmeal iced. Having dessert is an big plus and I feel like I've had treats all day on a day when I eat a bar for snack and a cookie for dessert.:cool::cool:

zoesmom
05-28-2013, 11:11 AM
I found the carmamel and butterscotch puddings had potential, but potential went out the door with them. I was utterly disappointed. I guess it doens't help that I am a baker and often times have to make my own candies for certain dishes (I suspect that may be why the cake was a failure for me as well.) I did find however, that mixing the caramel with the chocolate pudding and splitting it into two desserts made it much much better. And adding it to the oatmeal and splitting the oatmeal up into two meals made it pretty tasty as well. I tried the butterscotch as an icecream with some WF chocolate syurp on top, but I just couldn't like it all that much. I hope you have a better go of it than I did. Pretty much once I had used them all up, I haven't ordered them since. But the cookies, yep...those are my go to! (and the crunchies...they remind me of the Nestle Crunch Bars)

punmama
05-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I would like to thank everyone for the recipes. The mac in a bowl sounds something easy for me to make when I come home from work hungry as a bear. Thanks zoesmom.
And thanks for the crack slaw recipe!! I have to share both with my sister.

Nimblegranny I have to be careful with the desserts since no matter what they are I want more than one. I am running out of them so will look into ordering more. Thank you for reminding us about it.

I did complete mly first week on Wonder Slim and lost 5lbs. This is much easier than I thought.

Wishing you guys a great day.

Nimblegranny
05-28-2013, 11:24 AM
I did complete mly first week on Wonder Slim and lost 5lbs. This is much easier than I thought.

Woo HOO! :cp: Way to go punmama! :bravo: 5 lbs. is a great, encouraging way to get started! And yes, it really is easy.

I count it a great victory every single time I don't overeat on the bars and cookies. It's teaching me portion control, and it really helps to know these treats are not "bad" or disallowed, but are available to me every day. They are not leaving the planet. I can have them again tomorrow.

I had crack slaw twice this weekend. Can't wait to get my 1000 island and try the Big Mac!

Nimblegranny
05-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I did find however, that mixing the caramel with the chocolate pudding and splitting it into two desserts made it much much better. And adding it to the oatmeal and splitting the oatmeal up into two meals made it pretty tasty as well. I tried the butterscotch as an icecream with some WF chocolate syurp on top, but I just couldn't like it all that much.

Excellent ideas, I really enjoy freezing my puddings and making ice cream! Another thing I consider a victory just eating a half cup of. Unheard of in the past.:carrot:

punmama
05-28-2013, 12:05 PM
I was looking at the Bariwise cookies and they look dangerous for me right now. Will stick to the WonderSlim oatmeal and chocolate chip. Those i know I can eat only one of at a time. I would be eating the whole box of the others.
Like you said Nimblegranny, the treats will not leave the planet!!

zoesmom
05-28-2013, 12:19 PM
I was looking at the Bariwise cookies and they look dangerous for me right now. Will stick to the WonderSlim oatmeal and chocolate chip. Those i know I can eat only one of at a time. I would be eating the whole box of the others.
Like you said Nimblegranny, the treats will not leave the planet!!

It helps if, when you get an order in, to go through it and bag everything up on a per day basis. So, if you order a two week supply, you end up with 14 1/2 gallon bags that are pre-sorted and properly portioned out. When you do that, it is tangible that you don't have any extras and you are less likely to dip into it because it was good when you see that doing so will short change you on another day. Plus, you'd have to physically sort through the bags and find one that has what you want and it is no longer easy to just go to the open box and pull one out. Utilize the "out of sight, out of mind" technique. That visual reminder helped me a lot there in the begining. It also helped me realize how addicted to food I was. Now, I don't even think twice about it or concern myself with it. Once I have had my bar/cookie/whatever, I can move on to more important things, like playing with my kid. :)

Nimblegranny
05-28-2013, 12:40 PM
It helps if, when you get an order in, to go through it and bag everything up on a per day basis. So, if you order a two week supply, you end up with 14 1/2 gallon bags that are pre-sorted and properly portioned out. When you do that, it is tangible that you don't have any extras and you are less likely to dip into it because it was good when you see that doing so will short change you on another day. Plus, you'd have to physically sort through the bags and find one that has what you want and it is no longer easy to just go to the open box and pull one out.

Another great tip zoesmom! :D I'm totally doing this.

I'm still in the process of cleaning out my pantry so my stuff is still in boxes on the bed in the guest room. :dizzy:Love the idea of having my work days all packed so all I have to do is grab one and grab my yogurt and fruit. On weekends I play it by ear so don't ever know when I'm going to have my L&G. This weekend I had eggs and toast twice with my Green for lunch or dinner. Loved having a "normal" breakfast.:cp:

punmama
05-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Believe it or not, I love sorting out the packages too. I make a game out of it by rubberbanding six meals and writing on the packages the day of the week and what meal it is for. I write it in highlight pen since that is easy to write with and except for the bars stays on the packaging. I bundle up M-F and take them to work with me. I now have this week's and next weeks worth of meals at my desk at work. Sounds kind of anal but I feel like a kid with all these goodies.
I try not to repeat a shake or meal for a few days too.

Also, a tip that has been said i know that but it is really a good one. Measuring out tap water and soaking the pasta for a half an hour and then nuking it all made the meal much better. I still have to try the blender and the tomato soup that zoesmom suggested.

zoesmom
05-29-2013, 10:07 AM
:)

I am glad you ladies are rocking it and finding what works for you. I've found this diet is a lot of trial and error to find how to make the foods "just right". It isn't that they are bad or gross, but well, options are a wee bit limited so branching out and getting creative helps keep everything fresh and appealing.

zoesmom
05-29-2013, 10:15 AM
SUGAR-FREE LOW CARB BBQ SAUCE (that tastes way better than Walden Farms, although not 0/0/0 like WF)

Ingredients:
•2 strips of turkey bacon, chopped fine (or see note)
•1 small onion, minced
•1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
•1 small can (6 oz) tomato paste
•1 can (12 oz) diet (sugar-free) cola - Splenda-sweetened preferred
•1/4 cup low carb (sugar-free) Heintz ketchup, (or see note)
•3 T mustard
•1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
•1 pinch ground cloves
•1/2 cup of water
----hot sauce to taste is desired----

Directions:
1) Fry the bacon in a saucepan - a 2 qt pan works well.
2) Add the onion and cook over medium until soft - 3-5 minutes. Add garlic at this point if you're using fresh and stir it for half a minute or so.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients, plus about half a cup of water. Stir well. 4) Simmer for 20-30 minutes. It will cook down a bit and flavors will combine. 5) Adjust the seasonings so you have the balance you want - you can add vinegar, artificial sweetener (liquid preferred), or hot sauce. (If it's too hot, adding more sweetener will tone it down.)

Tips and Notes:
If you prefer to leave the bacon out, add 1-3 teaspoons of liquid smoke, to taste, near the end of the cooking. Alternatively, add some smoky flavor using 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, or chipotle powder to taste. If you can't find low carb catsup, leave it out, but add about a tablespoon of vinegar and some sweetener, to taste.

Serving size is 1/4 a cup
Makes 10 servings

Calories: 32
Fat: 0.6g
Sodium: 334.8mg
Carbs: 5.7g
Fiber: 1.2g
Protein: 1.6g
(Nutritional Values based on adding turkey bacon, will change if liquid smoke is used or if pork bacon is used)

zoesmom
05-29-2013, 10:33 AM
LOW CALORIE, LOW CARB TERIYAKI SAUCE
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
2 tbsp SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
ground black pepper to taste

Directions
In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, Splenda, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.

Makes 12 servings (serving size is roughly one tablespoon, thankfully, a little bit goes a long way with this)

Calories: 12.2
Fat: 0.0g
Sodium: 383.7mg
Carbs: 2.4g
Fiber: 0.1g
Protein: 0.7g

irish51
05-30-2013, 12:41 AM
:welcome2: jeanie Glad to see you join us.

Things have been crazy around here this week, between watching the baby, doing yard work, and trying to open my pool, I haven't had time to post. I've been reading in the mornings, while grabbing breakfast, before starting my day.

I seem to have so much to do, and not enough time to get it all done. (true for everyone, I guess.).

Some friends took me out to lunch and shopping today, to celebrate my birthday (since I had the baby last week). Totally went off program with a turkey sandwich, but it could have been worse, then I skipped dinner:D

Back on program starting in the morning.

Sorry I don't have time to do personals, have to get to bed, get up early in the morning to pick up the baby.

You are all doing great!

amandie
05-30-2013, 01:37 AM
LOW CALORIE, LOW CARB TERIYAKI SAUCE
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
2 tbsp SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
ground black pepper to taste

Directions
In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, Splenda, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.

Makes 12 servings (serving size is roughly one tablespoon, thankfully, a little bit goes a long way with this)

Calories: 12.2
Fat: 0.0g
Sodium: 383.7mg
Carbs: 2.4g
Fiber: 0.1g
Protein: 0.7g

O.M.G. :drool: I'm definitely trying this!! Thanks for sharing!

punmama
05-30-2013, 10:30 AM
I have a question. How do you guys deal with night time eating? Lately after my lean green meal I want to eat something that is not on program. Last night i ate two of the Wonderslim desserts and was still looking for something. Plus my regular dessert.

zoesmom
05-30-2013, 10:57 AM
punmama - what does your typical day look like? Are you properly measuring and weighing all your food? Are you drinking enough water?

I know for me, I am usually too stuffed to continue, that's the main reason why I ask.

If you are properly weighing and measuring, then that isn't the reason. Try eating "negative" calorie foods....such as brocolli, asparagus, lettuce, celery, turnips, spinach, mushrooms....to sate your appetite. Try drinking 2-4 ounces of water every 10 minutes (many times, our bodies mistake dehydration as hunger pains.) If you are still hungry after trying that, go ahead have an extra shake. Then follow it up with some water. Then WAIT 30 minutes. The hunger pain should have disolved by then....if not, go ahead and have another one. Aim for the lower calorie/carb ones...such as the Berry Blend fruit drink.

You are welcome amandie :)

Nimblegranny
05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
I have a question about scheduling. I get a little confused when I eat my L&G for lunch instead of dinner. :dizzy: When having L&G for lunch, do I need to be sure and get my dessert in that afternoon? Or can I just go ahead and have my snack, then my "lunch" at dinnertime with shake, and dessert before bed?

This is what I have been doing, it's just less confusing to have my morning and afternoon snacks as usual. But there may be a reason to switch things up. Same thing if I have my LEAN for brekkie (eggs), my green with lunch or dinner. Okay for my snacks to stay in place and dessert to be before bed?

zoesmom
05-30-2013, 11:25 AM
I have a question about scheduling. I get a little confused when I eat my L&G for lunch instead of dinner. :dizzy: When having L&G for lunch, do I need to be sure and get my dessert in that afternoon? Or can I just go ahead and have my snack, then my "lunch" at dinnertime with shake, and dessert before bed?

This is what I have been doing, it's just less confusing to have my morning and afternoon snacks as usual. But there may be a reason to switch things up. Same thing if I have my LEAN for brekkie (eggs), my green with lunch or dinner. Okay for my snacks to stay in place and dessert to be before bed?

Think of it as a seperate meal...a seperate snack. And do as you would in that sense. :)

punmama
05-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, I drink a lot of water sometimes 12 cups a day. I will take your advice and eat more zero calorie veggies. I don't weigh or measure my veggies. I tend to stay away from carbs like rice or bread since that is a trigger food for me.
I will try the extra shake too. That might help with my cravings for something sweet. I have to get out of the habit of eating dessert right after my dinner too. Thanks Zoesmom!

zoesmom
05-30-2013, 05:20 PM
I found in the beginning, it was helpful to cut my food up itsy bitsy and eat insanely slow, taking a sip of water in between each bite. Now, whatever. I usually don't even finish now. It takes time, but it does come. Promise :)

zoesmom
05-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Disclaimer: This is NOT my recipe. I found this, tried it, and decided I kinda like it. Add salt though. I am not a salt user and I am saying, add salt! :lol:

Faux Caccia Breadsticks

1 packet Tomato Soup
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt, garlic

Blend 1 Tomato Basil soup, 1 t olive oil, 2 egg whites, 1/4 t baking powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil. Flatten in a pan and season with sea salt and garlic salt. Cook for 10 minutes on each side at 350. It tastes similar to tomato focaccia. Makes a great open faced sandwich. Very tasty and a nice bread substitute.

Makes 1 serving

Calories: 177
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 1g
Protein: 19g
Fat: 9g
Sodium: 825mg

zoesmom
05-31-2013, 09:43 AM
:dance: I hit 239.1 today, so I moved on into another weight decade! Oh I am getting so dang close to ONDERLAND! :dance: I LOVE LOVE LOVE being closer to 200 than my start of nearly 300!!!! :dance:

punmama
05-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Congratulations on your success zoesmom! That is great news. I love those little smiley faces jumping up and down on the trampoline.

You have been a very good inspiration to me. Enjoy your weekend.

Maria

Nimblegranny
05-31-2013, 10:14 AM
:bravo: Yay zoesmom! That's a great milestone! Very excited to hear others are continuing in the right direction on the journey to Onederland, since that's my journey too!:cp::cp:

irish51
05-31-2013, 10:16 AM
I hit 239.1 today,

zoesmom You are really rockin this! :cp::cp::bravo::bravo::dancer::dancer: :cheer2::cheer3:

jeanie402000
05-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Thx for the welcome! Just got my box in today! So excited . I really like the idea of bagging the days up. I babysit my grandsons during the week and sometimes don't have time to contemplate what I am going to eat. Planning on cleaning out my cupboard this weekend.

punmama
05-31-2013, 04:24 PM
Welcome Jeanie,

It is so much easier when you bag all your shakes and meals for the week. I find this program one of the easiest to follow and now that the weather is getting hotter a nice cold shake does the trick. I put 10 oz of water in with the shake mix, some ice cubes and then shake the powdered mix into the water. I have a magic bullet blender that I have at work with me and just whip up the shake.

Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing.

zoesmom
06-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Howdy WS-ers! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing! Let's get accountable....what's your day look like today?

Breakfast: Strawberry Smoothing
Lunch: 1 cup garlic sauteed okra w/ diced tomatoes and a creamy cookie bar
Snack: Mocha Shake
Dinner: 8 ounce hamburger (93% lean) with 1 slice cheese with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and sugar-free ketchup (no bun) with 6 ounces of rutabaga french fries and a WS berry blend protein shake
Post Workout: 2 scoops of EAS vanilla whey protein shake
Exercise: 25 minutes brisk walk, 10 minutes jog, 12 minutes abs

Calories: 1093
Carbs: 83
Fiber: 12
Protein: 135
Fat: 29
Sodium: 1730
Calories burned from exercise: 286

irish - missed your post a few days ago...:hug: SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

jeanie - how are you doing so far?

punmama and Nimble - how are you two holding up? Any more exciting losses?

Me...I am kicking this weight loss thing recently. The WOOSH fairy decided to play me a visit and pounds are dropping like no tomorrow. I am literally dropping between 1/2 pound a day! I know this trend will soon cease, but it is nice while it is here! Seriously! 6 pounds in 13 days is no joking matter! And considering my normal loss is 1.5 to 1.75 pounds a week, I'll take it!!! I am moving on down, coming in at a wonderful 238.1 today! :dance:

Hope you all are having a wonderful day and looking forward to hearing how you are doing!

Nimblegranny
06-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Breakfast - WS hotcake with SF syrup and small banana, spray butter,WS
mocha shake
Snack - WS chocolate shake
Lunch - Big Mac in a bowl
snack - WS brownie bar
Didn't have dinner yet but it will be WS soup

20 min. of aerobics, first exercise I've done since starting the WS program.

Down one more pound, so that's 16 lbs. in 4 weeks.

zoesmom
06-02-2013, 07:53 PM
20 min. of aerobics, first exercise I've done since starting the WS program.

Down one more pound, so that's 16 lbs. in 4 weeks.

:cp: AWESOME! So proud of both the extra pound gone and the aerobics!

Just a word of wise, if you add in exercise, your loses WILL slow or stall at first. THIS IS NORMAL! :D I HIGHLY recommend getting either some Nectar (you can find it on Diet Direct) or some EAS Carb Advantage Shakes and have a shake within 30 minutes post workout, especially if you burn more than 120 calories. It feeds your muscles, keeps you from losing muscle mass, actually increases weight loss (sounds weird, I know) and keeps you from feeling super fatigued. They don't tell you that in the WS manual, but irish and I both learned the hard way after serious long stalls...eat the extra calories if you work out :)

jeanie402000
06-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Yesterday was day 1 for me. This was my day.
Breakfast: Mocha Cream shake
WS Apple Cinnamon oatmeal made with apple juice and extra cinnamon
Morning Snack: fresh cherries
Lunch: WS Vegetable Chili with beans over lettuce and tomatoes with a pinch of low fat cheese and a Chocomint Shake
Afternoon Snack: Adkins Endulge Peanut Caramel Cluster Bar
Supper: Crack Slaw with corn on the cob
Dessert: Chocomint Bar

Calories: 1255
Carbs: 129
Fat: 48
Protein: 95
Sodium: 1300
Sugar : 57

I have to admit I do not like the oatmeal. It was all I could do to get it down. But I am not an oatmeal person anyway. Got all my water in. I have tachycardia so exercise is difficult. Gonna try to go walking this evening.

zoesmom
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Yesterday was day 1 for me. This was my day.
Breakfast: Mocha Cream shake
WS Apple Cinnamon oatmeal made with apple juice and extra cinnamon
Morning Snack: fresh cherries
Lunch: WS Vegetable Chili with beans over lettuce and tomatoes with a pinch of low fat cheese and a Chocomint Shake
Afternoon Snack: Adkins Endulge Peanut Caramel Cluster Bar
Supper: Crack Slaw with corn on the cob
Dessert: Chocomint Bar

Calories: 1255
Carbs: 129
Fat: 48
Protein: 95
Sodium: 1300
Sugar : 57

I have to admit I do not like the oatmeal. It was all I could do to get it down. But I am not an oatmeal person anyway. Got all my water in. I have tachycardia so exercise is difficult. Gonna try to go walking this evening.

:lol: The oatmeal!

Most people are not fond of it (I seem to be the exception to the rule!) However, I'll post a few recipes that will help make it more bearable :)

Have to admit, I have no advise on the tachycardia (had to look it up to be honest.) I DO know about lung issues and exercise, but heart, that is all new to me as I actually have a healthy one of those (one of the few organs that seems to like me, or so it appears.) I know with both my asthma and ARDS, I had to start off SLOW. I am talking only 2 minutes at a time, and just down my stairs and back up. Every two days, I would increase the time by 30 seconds and go just a wee bit further than the day before. Exerting myself can land me in the hospital, or worse, dead. So while not the same condition, I know where you are coming from. But, I started slow. And now, I can do a good 2-3 mile walk/jog a day. Far cry better than where I once was.

My advise? Get a heart monitor prior to exercise (and doctor approval of course.) Seriously. And get a higher quality one that has a high rating so you know EXACTLY where your heart rate stands. I know for me, if my heart rate climbs above 132 during exercise, I end up doubled over unable to breathe and woofing down a few puffs of a rescue inhaler and hoping I can get back home before I pass out (needless to say, there have been two trips to the ER in a back of an ambulance because I didn't make it home.) A heart monitor was the BEST investment I could have made when I started exercising, because I know EXACTLY where my rate is and know when to stop pushing myself well before a disaster happens. And ever since I purchased it, I have NOT had an episode because I can properly monitor myself. Lessons learned, I guess. Lessons learned.

zoesmom
06-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Disclaimer: This is NOT my recipe. I have NOT tried it yet, but keep meaning to. Maybe tonight....

Oatmeal Cookies-
1 oatmeal packet
1 butterscotch or chocolate pudding packet
1/8 cup rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
a sprinkle of cinnamon, to taste
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
just enough water to get a cookie dough texture

Directions
Combine dry ingredients, then add the last 3 liquid ingredients to reach a cookie dough texture. Spray cookie sheet lightly with Pam olive oil spray and place 10 cookies on sheet. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes or until desired degree of moisture. Test center of cookie with toothpick to see if baked.

Makes TWO servings

Calories: 132
Carbs: 17g
Fiber: 4g
Protein: 15g
Fat: 2g
Sodium: 198mg

zoesmom
06-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins

1 pkt WS Hot Cakes
1 pkt WS Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon Splenda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 c Water

Preheat toaster oven to 400 degrees (I used my regular oven). Coat 2 foil muffin cups with fat free cooking spray. Combine dry mixes and water, stir until all powder is incorporated into batter. Divide batter between 2 foil muffin cups and place on a baking sheet . Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Makes 2 muffins = 2 servings

Calories: 125
Carbs: 20g
Fiber: 5g
Protwin: 12g
Sodium: 185mg

jeanie402000
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Zoesmom, thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of a heart monitor. I am actually a heart transplant recipient--11 1/2 years out. Doing beautifully. I've been through cardiac rehab and the entire 9 yards. On top of taking a beta blocker to counter act the tachycardia, my heart has a 5 minute delay in speeding up. Ugh! My doctors would LOVE for me to lose 40 lbs. I am SO far out of transplant that I am allowed to do whatever I feel that I can do. My only concerns with this diet is all of the additional proteins could raise my creatinine level. I get it tested in 2 weeks so we will see. In the meantime I plan on sticking to the plan. Gotta feed the grandson (13 wks). Y'all have a great day!

punmama
06-03-2013, 11:03 AM
I had a great weekend. Stayed on program 100%. I also went down a pants size which makes me want to stay on WS. Today is going to be another great day.

What helps me is to have 1/3 cup of brown rice with my mean and green meal.

The oatmeal isn't too bad and I really like the variety of shakes and meal replacements so you don't get bored with it.

I am very happy that everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Nimblegranny
06-03-2013, 12:11 PM
It's great hearing the good reports from everyone.:carrot:

My clothes are fitting well or getting loose. Which means I have a whole closet of stuff to wear after a few more weeks, stuff that's been too tight.

Three weeks from today I have bloodwork done, which I realistically hope will show my blood sugar is in the normal range, with my meds. That will satisfy me. As time goes on I feel like the need for meds will subside, that's how I will measure my progress. A month ago they were out of control with meds. Now normal during the day, sometimes low, and just out of normal range upon waking. That's the one I want to see change.:^:

Nimblegranny
06-03-2013, 03:28 PM
I have to admit I do not like the oatmeal. It was all I could do to get it down. But I am not an oatmeal person anyway.

Jeanie, I didn't like the oatmeal either. (Although the muffin recipe looks good.)

I figured out right quick which things were not gonna be for me, i.e. the oatmeal, the omelette, the fruit drinks, and the chicken noodle soup.:barf::barf: I sent them back right away and exchanged them for more shakes, more cheesy mac, cookies and hot cakes. There is no problem sending stuff back and telling them exactly how you want to exchange everything out. I find the customer service to be way above average, and it would need to be, with as much as we depend on them to ship our sustenance!:chef:

I knew I wouldn't be cooking every morning so I have my pancake on the weekends and for breakfast each work morning I eat nonfat yogurt with cereal in it and a shake. It's easy to pack and eat at my desk. And I am not tired yet of the crunchy goodness! :cloud9:

Nimblegranny
06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
If anybody has any good ideas for my WS meal that's not mac or chili I'd love to hear it. The last time I ate my cheesy mac I was a little green...

zoesmom
06-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Taco Salad

• 2 cups of celery, green peppers and mushrooms chopped coarsely or finely, as you wish
• 1 Vegetable Chili
• Sea salt
• Seasonings of your choice
• One portion of your favorite greens
• Fresh tomato salsa
• Fresh raw red onion, chopped
• Fresh lemon and lime, optional
• Hot sauce, optional

Drizzle a little olive oil in a pan. Add chunks of celery, green pepper and mushrooms and stir fry till ‘al dente’
Season with sea salt and your favorite seasonings. I recommend the organic Mexican Fiesta seasonings, a blend made of dehydrated chili peppers, dehydrated onion, tomato powder, paprika, cumin, dehydrated
garlic, cilantro, oregano, red pepper and lemon peel.
Meanwhile, cook the vegetable chili as directed on packet. When both are cooked to perfection, mix
them together and place over a bed of your favorite greens. Top with fresh tomato salsa, more chopped
raw red onion, a splash of lemon or lime and hot sauce, if you like.

Pretty decent (yes, I hate chili. I HAD to figure out what to do with what I have left)

zoesmom
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
or...do you mean meals NOT using WS packets but in the same caloric range?

Nimblegranny
06-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Zoesmom, are there any other packages that work besides the few WS ones? Or am I just out of luck if I don't like to cook/tweak? Medifast is more pricey ive heard, and not as good. Wishing for more options!

zoesmom
06-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Oh gosh yes. Bariwise and ProDiet to name a few, which luckily are found on diet direct as well. SOME (not all) lean cuisines work, as well as the other "health" frozen foods. Pay attention to the values on the back to know if it is compatible or not. Ultimately, you will probably want to tweak. The same five items get boring after a while...and boring leads to lack of interest...and lack of interest leads to slip ups.

zoesmom
06-04-2013, 08:35 AM
237.9 as of today, netting a total of 55 pounds gone forever :) Moving on down, moving on down :)

punmama
06-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Nimblegranny,
I don't usually cook that much myself since it is only myself. I don't know if this is a good idea but I buy Boar's Head oven gold turkey, half a pound and have that for my dinners a few times a week. Boar's Head brand has a lot of different cold cuts and some of them are low salt. They are a little more expensive but for me it is quality that counts. I live in The Bronx NY and have no problems getting Boar's Head. That might help you in not wanting to cook especially during the summer months.

By the way, I am down 9 pounds since I started about three weeks ago and loving it. Can't wait to see my family this weekend to show off my new figure.

Nimblegranny
06-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Congrats to zoesmom and punmama on your losses! It keeps me going to know other people are on the same journey, successfully, just in different places on the road.

zmama, I ordered a new chickenmac and cheddarmac today, and some protein bars for when I just want to skip the packet and eat a meal in a bar. Hope these will help my 3rd meal. And thanks for the recipes!

pmama, I know we have Boar's Head here, I will get some deli turkey for a change from my normal chicken breast and ground turkey.

irish51
06-05-2013, 01:08 AM
zoesmom YAY! Send that woosh fairy my way. I seem to be bouncing up and down with the same couple ounces.

jeannie I'm with you, I don't like oatmeal either. What I do is either make the oatmeal muffins that zoesmom posted or throw it in a bowl, add some water, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (or any kind of spice you like) and make it into a pancake.

punmama and granny Congratulations on the losses.

So, I have been really busy, watched the kids on Saturday, after they left, I vacuumed the pool,mowed the lawn and pulled weeds, came in the house at 7 PM showered and collapsed on the couch. Sunday I was up early, stained the floor of the deck, mulched around the back bushes and watered the new sod and plants, collapsed on the couch. Monday, I picked up the baby, went grocery shopping, stained the rails of the deck (while baby napped), played with baby, after my son picked him up, I stained the stairs of the deck and watered the sod, collapsed on the couch.

Today, I went and picked up the kids this morning, brought them back to my house,played with them, made them lunch, took them to the store, took them for a walk, made dinner,got them into bed and finally have a minute to post here.(no collapsing on the couch!) :D

I have the kids until Thursday morning, son and DIL went to St. Louis.

Hoping to have time to post more and keep up with everyone ( I need adult conversation.)..:lol:

FattyFatFat
06-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Congratulations to everyone losing and achieving their ideal weights !!!

I apologize for not being active lately, I been super busy. Would right a longer post, but I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open and might have fallen asleep twice while typing this, lol. See ya'll soon. !!!

punmama
06-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Irish51
What you did in the last few days would have me sleeping for another few days. You sure were busy. I got tired just reading your post and I mean that.
For me walking to the train station and being at work makes me tired at the end of the day. I bet you lost a good amount with all your activities.

FattyFatFat I was hoping you would be back. I read some older posts and saw your name and rather liked it and am sure you too. Welcome back.

NimbleGranny I will have to try those other packets you ordered. Let me know how you like them when you try them.

I don't mind the oatmeal but I have been eating quite a bit of it and am getting tired of it right now. i will have to make the muffins on a day when I can be home to do that. I also use cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in mine and maybe some vanilla extract. I microwave it on high since that is the only option here at work for about 4 minutes making sure it doesn't boil over too. Don't want to spend half an hour cleaning up that mess. Too bad you couldn't just add boiling water to it like the other instant oatmeals. Or could you?

zoesmom
06-05-2013, 10:20 AM
:hug: OH! I love me my FattyFatFat and miss you too! Hope you are doing well, dear. Hope to see more posts and more of you! :)

Nimble - be careful of replacing too many meals with bars. Remember, they have more carbs. I don't know what that traslates into with you being a diabetic, but just something to be aware of. Also, watch the calories and carbs on the meals you bought as it will be higher than the otehr packages you currently have. It is worth pointing out that the Lean and Green meal is in place to get you the right amount of calories/proteins/carbs/fats as well as teach you how to eat and measure properly once you come off the diet (who wants to eat packets the rest of their life? :) ) Replacing every now and then isn't the end of the world. Replacing all the time might set you back. Just something to pay attention to if you start stalling.

irish :lol: I say it again....you remind me of my grandmother when she was younger! I will point my woosh fairy your way and hope she finds you! I am wondering though....you are INSANELY active. I know you log your calories and yadda yadda yadda...do you log all your acitivty too? including the weed pulling? I am beginning to wonder if you are just not getting enough calories. Because of all the activites I have started doing (read running here), I now have to on many days add not only my EAS shake in, but roughly 100 more calories and 15g of protein in a day (Nectar shakes or eggs or tuna). So, I am now closer to 1300 calories a day on most days from my start of 950. Just a thought...

punmama :dance: 9 pounds! In three weeks?! :hug: OH! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Watch the deli meats...some aren't so bad....but most are. Not sure which one you are using...I know BH tends to be nitrate free so no worries there...but sugars. Try to steer clear of any honey bakes or glazes. I suspect, all in all, since you are having such an AWESOME loss, you are doing that already, but wanted to throw that out there, just in case. :)

Well, I totally jinxed myself. Made a comment about 1/2 pound losses per day and wouldn't you know it...BRAKES! :lol: Oh well. I had a nice go of it. Back to my slow and steady pace of 1.25 to 1.75 pounds a week. At least, I hope that is what it turns out to be. I know I am getting close to the point where I should see another stall soon, but I am hoping it holds off for another 12 pounds. I just want to get to 225 before my trip in August...

Good luck everyone...love reading your posts!

Nimblegranny
06-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Nimble - be careful of replacing too many meals with bars. Remember, they have more carbs. I don't know what that traslates into with you being a diabetic, but just something to be aware of. Also, watch the calories and carbs on the meals you bought as it will be higher than the otehr packages you currently have. It is worth pointing out that the Lean and Green meal is in place to get you the right amount of calories/proteins/carbs/fats as well as teach you how to eat and measure properly once you come off the diet (who wants to eat packets the rest of their life? :) ) Replacing every now and then isn't the end of the world. Replacing all the time might set you back. Just something to pay attention to if you start stalling.

This is great advice, zoesmom.Who wants to eat packets the rest of their life indeed! I won't use the bars more than once or twice a week, and I'm thinking just if I'm out or pushed for time, which happens at work sometimes. I always cook on the weekends and every other day have my L*G for lunch i/s/o dinner. SO there is always that packet meal to deal with, and now I have a couple other options, which I will be grateful for.:D

irish, it's good to hear from you. FFF, nice to meet you! :D punmama, so glad to hear about your thrilling loss, and know how happy you are.:carrot:

irish51
06-05-2013, 12:20 PM
who wants to eat packets the rest of their life?

ME :wave:
:rofl::rofl:

It is easier when I am busy!!!

zoesmomI was thinking about this last night, you are right. My activity increases, but I never increase my calories. According to LoseIt I seem to be averaging around 850 calories per day, when I figure part of my activity. Some of the activity I don't always log..hard to figure how many calories you are burning,crawling backwards on the deck while staining :lol:
I really have to work on this, cause as you know, I have that fear of increasing calories=increasing weight. :rolleyes: (of course,my way is not working.

zoesmom
06-05-2013, 08:55 PM
850 your total or your net? My net still hovers between 850 and 900, but my total is substantially higher than that. (and increasing the calories REALLY freaking helped me)

Try some Syntrax Nectar. 100 calories, I THINK 23g protein, all your amino acids, and NOTHING else. TONS of flavors. And pretty freaking yummy. Great for after a work out or to up your calorie/protein needs if you are exceptionally active.

zoesmom
06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
HEY GALS! Let's have some fun! Just WHAT have you lost? :D Me?
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner :D

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

punmama
06-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I lost so far chemcial additives an American consumes each year. Scary isn't it ?
Nice list Zoesmom. Got to show it to my sister.

Nimblegranny
06-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I've lost a sperm whale's brain!! :dancer:

Nimblegranny
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Try some Syntrax Nectar. 100 calories, I THINK 23g protein, all your amino acids, and NOTHING else. TONS of flavors. And pretty freaking yummy. Great for after a work out or to up your calorie/protein needs if you are exceptionally active.

zmom - where do you find this Syntrax Nectar?:^:

zoesmom
06-06-2013, 11:53 AM
zmom - where do you find this Syntrax Nectar?:^:

Diet Direct, actually :D I THINK it is $35.99 a container, but it comes with a TON (or you can get the packets.) It says a serving size is 1/4 a scoop or packet, but really, it is a full scoop or packet (the 1/4 scoop is for post op patients.) You can get a variety sample pack, SOMEWHERE, I just don't remember where I got mine. All of the flavors I have tried I liked...except the apple :)

Nimblegranny
06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Zmom - Do you mix this with just water or something else? I see they have it at Amazon as well.

zoesmom
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I use water for most of it. The chocolate ones (and vanilla) taste best with milk, so I tend not to use those as milk is a no-no for me. And the cappuccino is AWESOME in coffee! The fruity ones are great in water...kinda like a fruit drink on a nice summer day :D

irish51
06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
zoesmom 850 total calories. Sorry, I forgot to specify. I will look into the syntrax nectar.

Down to 142.2 chasing this baby is taking a lot out of me!:mad::dizzy:

Nimblegranny
06-06-2013, 01:09 PM
My Bariatric Pantry has the sample pack for $18.99 plus ship. This works best for me as I like a variety and don't want two pounds of any one thing. Thanks for the tip zoesmom!:carrot:

Nimblegranny
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Also I broke down and got some Propel for my water after a colleague shared one with me. Muy bueno!:hat:

irish51
06-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Forgot to explain this :mad: is because baby shared his cold with me. I have lots to do, don't have time to be sick. :D

Just ordered the Syntax Nectar .zoesmom thanks :hug:

irish51
06-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Morning!

Holding steady at 142.2, was hoping for a 1 lb drop, but didn't get it.

House is very quiet, my son picked up the boys yesterday. Looks like the rain may have moved east, so I can get out and get some things done.

WS pancakes for breakfast. YUM

punmama
06-07-2013, 11:35 AM
We are getting the rain here today but at least it isn't windy outside. A good day to stay home and read a good book.

Do you do anything to doctor up the WS pancakes? I add some nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract to mine.

Tomorrow is a challenge day for me. Going to my cousin's in New Jersey. His wife doesn't cook and will have things catered. I might just have a little bit of everything.

irish51
06-07-2013, 02:18 PM
punmama yes, I add the same things to my pancakes. Sometimes I switch it up and add pumpkin pie spice !

As far as tomorrow, if you can, try eating some of your WS foods before you go. That way you will not be as tempted to indulge in some things, you maybe shouldn't.

punmama
06-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks Irish. I was going to have my bar in the car about half way to my cousin's house this way I know I won't be very hungry. They want us there at 6 PM which means that my lean/green won't be until after 7 PM. I am also taking a Hot Cocoa for my dessert. I have the meals with me so that I can have them while I am at my sister's tomorrow. One thing about my sister, she is very supportive of me. Having a supportive bunch is half the battle.

To all, have a great weekend. The weather here in NY is supposed to be very nice on Sunday, a great day to do something outdoors.

zoesmom
06-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Talking breakfast made me realize I never shared this. NOT my recipe. Very good though :)

WAFFLES

Ingredients:
1 Pudding Packet (I used banana and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
1-2 oz of water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder (1/8 tsp)
Pinch of nutmeg (optional-or other spices)
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat waffle iron. MAKE sure to spray pam or something on there so it does not stick!
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Except for the water, mix all other ingredients.
4. Add water a little at a time. The batter should not be runny at all...fairly thick.
UPDATE: I have found adding too much water may make the waffles too thin and be "just crust with air in the middle". So use just 1oz the first time you make this, then you can add a little more later if desired.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter to each side of the waffle iron. This will puff up a lot, so be sure you don't have too much on or it will run off the sides. (If it does, just scoop out for another batch)
6. Cook for 3-5 min (depending on your iron.) Should make 3-4 normal size waffles, depending on how much water you added. Serve either plain with a spray of "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or with Walden Farms or other sugar-free/ low-no carb syrup. (I ate mine plain.)

Reminder. If waffle is “just crust and air” its not the way it should be.
1) Use the amount of water specified (1-2 oz) Make sure waffle iron is not too high 3) Use a smaller scoop then you think you need when adding the batter. It WILL puff up and spill over if you put too much on. 4) Let the batter set for about 5 min to allow time for the baking powder/soda to react Then you should be successful every time.

Nutritional values based off PUDDING pack. Will slightly be altered depending on packets used, but not alter in any significant way.

Calories: 112
Carbs: 5g
Fiber: 0g
Protein: 20g
Sodium: 790mg

irish51
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Received the Syntax Nectar on Friday.

I drank a glass while vacuuming the pool,pretty good! :)

zoesmom
06-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Received the Syntax Nectar on Friday.

I drank a glass while vacuuming the pool,pretty good! :)

Isn't it! What flavor did you try?

irish51
06-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Twisted cherry seemed appropriate! :lol:

Lulu607
06-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum. My husband and I are thinking of starting WS soon and I was wondering if you had to eat the breakfasts and meals or can you just do the shakes and bars? The meals just don't sound appealing to me.

Nimblegranny
06-08-2013, 06:16 PM
No loss this week, only 1 lb. last week. Plateau or normal? It's only week 5. Suggestions? I was used to 2 lbs. a week! Been completely on plan!

zoesmom
06-08-2013, 08:11 PM
:lol: irish - I agree with the twisted part! :lol:

Nimble - TOTALLY normal. A plateau is what irish is going through...something that last weeks, if not months. One week is just a normal variance. Remember, weight loss in not linear. There will be weeks. At this point, do not deviate at all. Take up the tape measure and start looking at your inches. The weeks you don't see the scale move, you WILL see the inches drop. Most people experience a brief stall between week 3 and week 5. And then it picks back up the next week. Just hold steady and you will see a loss again. Promise. Join my challenge (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/283180-measure-those-inches-challenge.html) if you want :)

Lulu - :welcome:

You want to eat between 900-1200 calories a day for the female (don't know male stats on the top of my head.) If you plan to do the WS protocol, then yes, you need to eat all the meals. That being said, you don't have to eat all the meals. Confusing, eh? :)

I don't eat all the meals. I am under a doctor supervised meal plan that highly involves WS. I also exercise so I need more than what WS can give me. So I follow a plan that is kind of a mix between Ideal Protein and WS. Really, I have no home. Since I started WS originally, I've decided that this will be my home for the time being. :)

I still eat between 900-1200 calories (okay, I have days where I eat more than that, but those are heavy exercise days. :) ) But, I only eat two shakes a day and a snack bar or dessert. Sometimes, I will have a forth shake, but it isn't a WS product. The rest of my food is the real deal.

For what it is worth, the WS products are REALLY freaking good...it actually surprised me how much I actually like them. I am a super taster and food tends to be gross to me, so it was a rather pleasant surprise. I find I actually miss having my spicy mac and cheese or my sloppy joe. Things I would never eat prior :)

But, if you are dead set you have no interest in the foods, I can get behind that. Pre-packaged foods are kinda gross looking and smelling, even when they do taste decent :) I recommend however, if that is the route you are going to take, to check out the Ideal Protein threads, especially the ones about alternative products (WS happens to be one of the alternatives MANY MANY MANY IP-ers use as the taste is FAR superior to most other products.) Those ladies (and gents) can help get you started. Here is a link (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194760-ip-food-altnerative-ideas-tips.html) to get you started if you want to go this route.

Regardless of your choice, I welcome you to 3FC and look forward hearing about your successes!

irish51
06-09-2013, 12:37 AM
nimble yep, as zoesmom says,perfectly normal. Remember, you've dropped 16lbs., in a few short weeks, now your body has to adjust. This is why we always recommend taking measurements at the start. Trust me, when you hit a plateau, you will know. This one I hit is a doozy, it's been going on since mid-April.

:welcome2: Lulu.
I use a lot of the WS food. For the most part, I do the breakfasts and lunches, I personally like the packets. I can get up in the morning grab a packet mix it with water and it's ready. I don't have to think about it or figure anything out. I use them for lunches for the same reason, I am usually so busy, they are quick,easy and require no thought. Like zoesmom, some of these things I would never have eaten, prior to WS.
Unlike zoesmom, I am not under a doctors supervivion. I am doing this on my own.

Whatever you decide, I look forward to reading your posts,and hearing about your progress.

jeanie402000
06-10-2013, 08:53 AM
I lost 2 lbs last week (my first week). I can live with that. So much better than the few ounces I lost my first week of WW. Onward, and downward....lol.

punmama
06-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Welcome Lulu and hubby.
I agree with nimblegranny. I like the prepackaged meals. I take M-F worth with me to work and have them there so I know I won't deviate. They actually taste pretty good. About a year or so ago I was on another plan that had prepackaged meals the same as Wonderslim but either my taste buds were funky or the food just wasn't that great and I gave up after about a month. And I like the idea of not having to do that many dishes and cleaning up afterwards. There is one that I don't like that much but it is passable. That is the cream of chicken soup. Don't be afraid to doctor up the pancakes with some vanilla extract and cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice.

I stayed the same this week which is very good for me. Have a great day ladies.

irish51
06-10-2013, 11:44 AM
jeanie Congratulations on your 2 lb loss!

I did WW a few times over the years. While I believe the program is good, I do not believe it works for everyone. A couple years ago, I was doing the program, when they had that big overhaul. I gained weight on their new program (I later found out, most of their leaders did also.) My WW leader was great, we tried everything to figure out what else I could do, nothing worked. I called the corporate office to ask some questions, the woman I talked to was so rude to me, I went back to my meeting and informed them of what had happened. They were as shocked as I .

At that point I decided that I would no longer deal with a company that was willing to take my money, but not take the time to help me figure out a solution to the problem.

Up until this point, I have been very successful with WS. Obviously, I am trying to break this plateau, and sooner or later it will happen. Preferably, soon, because this is rather tiresome. :D

punmama Staying the same is good, especially after your visit to your cousin's. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

punmama
06-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I do not like the WW program anymore either. I don't like the idea that most fruit and veggies are considered a "free food". I have a problem with eating too much fruit especially watermelon when it is season. Needless to say I was doing so and gaining weight. I also have to watch my sugar intake and some fruit have a very high glycemic index, watermelon being one of them. If the old WW program were still around I would be back there. That is why I like WS. It is a no brainer and when you stay focused you feel good. That doesn't mean to say you will have a loss every week, but you will feel good that is for sure. And those sugar cravings will go away.

Had to add my two cents. Sorry everyone.

punmama
06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Irish51,
I have faith in you. You will break the plateau. You are one determined lady.

I did have a nice time with my cousins. Thanks for asking.

zoesmom
06-11-2013, 09:51 AM
:cp: jeanie - well done...keep it up!

I had a minor gain. BOO! I am retaining water...I guess my runs in the evening are counter productive when the weather is a nice hot 90's range. I figured I was okay on my water consumption as I get a good 90 ounces a day. Might need to increase that a wee bit more to get rid of this water weight.

irish - you'll get out of your plateau eventually :) Remember mine a few months back? Gosh I got so peturbed over that! My doctor had recommend "confusing" my system by upping my calories to my BMR (which was roughly 1800 calories) for a five days and then go back on plan. I ended up with a 5 pound gain over that, but I also ended up jump starting my weight loss again and have been losing steadily ever since. Might be something to consider? Knowing of course that it likely will net a gain for a brief while?

I've never been one to hide the fact I am not happy with the taste of the vanilla shakes. Which is sad considering I usually prefer vanilla. I happen to keep some on me at all times as I like to put them in the occassional diet root beer and have a "root beer float." And today...I found use #2.

I had bought some blue-raspberry Mio substitute at Kroger a few weeks back. I had done two things this morning...one, put some squirts in my water and forgot I had done that. Two...was hungry and realized I forgot to pack a shake packet in my lunch. Luckily, I ALWAYS have the vanilla. Of course, I don't like the vanilla, but hey, beggers can't be choosers. Anyways, I opened the vanilla and dumped it in my water and...crap. I had the blue-raspberry junk in there. Dang it. Dang it. Dang it.

Oh well, what is done is done. I shook my bottle up and let it set for a bit as usual, then held my nose and...HOLY CRAP THAT IS GOOD!!!!! Like, seriously! Like, a new freaking favorite good! I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, afterall, I put mint in my chocolate shakes. But wowza! Yeah, time to buy some more vanilla...dang it all! :lol:

Oh....and I know the consensus is most are really not all that fond of the cake. Being a baker, I haven't given up on it entirely yet. I *think* I found a work around to make a good cake that is diet approved...I'll let you know a tad later this week when I have a chance to test my theory. ;)

irish51
06-11-2013, 11:34 AM
zoesmom Yeah, I was thinking the other day about when you went through this plateau thingy, and your doc having you up calories. So bravely, yesterday, I did up my calories and of course, this morning the scale showed it (up .2). I am going to brave it, and see if it this will shake things up a bit.

Otherwise, I am going to have to adjust to the fact that my body likes the 140's (:rofl::rofl: I just crack myself up.)

I shook my bottle up and let it set for a bit as usual, then held my nose and...HOLY CRAP THAT IS GOOD!!!!!

I love when one of us finds a new twist by accident! :lol:

BTW can't wait for the cake recipe.

punmama Your welcome! Glad you had a good time. Yep, I am going to hang in there. One way or another I am going to see the 130's... it may be a looooong time, so in the mean time you all will have to listen to my tales of woe.:grouphug:

Nimblegranny
06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, I've been annoyed by not losing last week and I don't want to let it get to me. So I'm counting my accomplishments that do stand, and the biggest one is that I have been on plan for 5 weeks. :carrot:That's a long long time for me to stay true to a plan, having been a Monday morning dieter before and failed. It proves to me that I am really committed, and that the plan is working for me, because I haven't found it difficult at all, and who would have thought it. For me the packets are convenient and easy and I like them.

Also to eat out and automatically order the food I do for the L*G, I just never could do that before. I don't love salads, but they taste good to me now and my L*Gs at home taste good too. Something about knowing there is still dessert helps me not to feel deprived. Anyway, I DON'T feel deprived and that enables me to stay on track as well.

And my clothes aren't tight anymore. I am wearing what I call my Friday pants (casual day) and I used to dread Fridays and don't anymore. I have more options too, wearing a few things I couldn't before.

AND I'm drinking my water! That is beyond great for me, but I admit I've discovered grape and lemon Propel and it's like crack to me. I hesitated about starting on the chemicals in my water, but I was hating my water and not wanting to drink it, and now, I am loving my water and drinking more than I was before! And water is my friend!

I feel like I've got new friends here on this thread, and it really helps keep me going. It's great to have access to others like irish and zoesmom who have already forged the path!

Anyway, at 5 weeks I wish I was farther along but I have still accomplished a lot. I'm still motivated and I HAVEN'T QUIT! Counting my blessings today.:D

zoesmom
06-11-2013, 06:25 PM
DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE W/ MINT CHOCOLATE FROSTING ;)

CUPCAKES

1 packet dark chocolate drink mix (not the pudding mix)
1-1/2 teaspoons Hershey Special Dark cocoa
2 packs Splenda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 egg white
2 Tablespoons applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix all together and place in two cupcake wrapper (spray them with Pam...trust me) in cupcake tin in oven at 325 for 15-18 minutes (times may vary.) Do toothpick test to verify when done.

MINT CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1 packet chocomint drink
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream OR skim milk
3-1/2 to 4 ounces water

Mix all ingredients together and place in fridge to "set".

Once cupcakes are cooled, frost.

Makes TWO servings

Nutritional Values per cupcake
Calories: 128
Carbs: 11g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 18g
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 361mg

Worth pointing out that while these taste MUCH better than what WS sells us, but it isn't identical to real cake. These WILL deflate a good deal...not sure I can fix that as the protein is heavier than cake flour. All in the chemistry. Somethings I can't get around. The "frosting" makes a ton for jsut two cupcakes (perfect if you like a lot of frosting!) If I were to do this again, I would probably make a double batch of cupcakes and use the frosting for all four, cutting down on the nutritional values a wee bit. All in all, a decent substitute. Not anywhere near what I would deem as perfect, but a heck of a lot better than the alternative!!!!!

zoesmom
06-11-2013, 06:35 PM
irish - :lol: YEP! That twist of fate has brought to me something of pure awesome! Hang in there...your plateau will ease up sooner or later :)

Nimble - What a GREAT way to look at things! I have decided that if weight loss takes me two years, I am okay with it. Afterall, the longer I live a healthy lifestyle to reach my goal, the more likely I am to keep at it AFTER I reach goal. Hang in there! You got this!

zoesmom
06-12-2013, 09:18 AM
A note on the "frosting" for my "cupcakes". I plan to try a different, more real type this weekend that is based loosely off my Swiss Meringue Buttercream. If it works, it will taste 1000% better than what I posted. I have to make two cakes this weekend, for a birthday and for Father's Day, so since I will be in the commercial kitchen, I can experiment while I wait for the cakes to bake.

irish51
06-12-2013, 02:38 PM
zoesmom The recipe looks really good. I don't have any of the drink packets, so I'll have to wait on making it.:tantrum:

Nimblegranny
06-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Been staying on track. The past three days ate 100% on plan. Feel good. Sugar is still higher than I think it should be, my fasting blood sugar, but during the day it's normal. Celebrate!!:carrot:

Looking forward to coffee with a friend on Saturday and then a visit to the kids' for Father's Day. Ava is 16 months old now and I'm so proud of her daddy. Then I've decided this week to try to sell my house and buy a little condo, so my spare time will be spent for the next while getting my house ready.

Important for me to stay connected to people on this site, it really helps keep me motivated! :D

brunette8706
06-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Haven't made the order yet. Just got back from Walt Disney World and want to place an order. I guess I will go with the Value Bundle. Diet Direct is having a 15 percent off sale.

zoesmom
06-13-2013, 05:48 PM
YEAH Brunette! I think you'll love the program! :)

Nimble - so jealous. I am still in an apartment. Every time we get money saved up for a house, life gets in the way and demands more money from us (read insane medical bills from my illness last summer.) I am glad we help you stay motivated. Lord knows 3FC is my saving grace!!!!

irish - I actually want to try a few more things desert wise with the packets. I have a combination of ideas. I've been studying the composition of the packets and think I might be able to pull off some killer deserts! See what happens when you give a baker a product!! :lol:

punmama
06-14-2013, 09:39 AM
I have lived in an apartment all my life so I do not know what it is like to live in a house. I wish I did have a house of my own, but I bought a condo in SC for when I retire so that is where my money went. Nimble you might feel claustrophobic in an apartment at first. Also remember that you do not have the freedom to do whatever you want to do when you want to do it in an apartment. Have to be respectful of the neighbors.

I know how you feel all. Without this board I would have been a goner a long time ago. I haven't been an active participator in a while since I have been having trouble with a tooth. Finally made it to the dentist. Just what I thought, a crown. But I have been reading everyone's thoughts on this forum.

The weather here is supposed to be great this weekend so I will be outside for most of it.

Zoesmom, you truly are a creative person. I thank you very much for your recipes and making the meals that much more better.

Have a great weekend everyone.

msaumure
06-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Dear WonderSlim users, anyone else here from Canada ? I have a couple of boxes left of some products that I'd like to sell, and it's not really worth it to mail them back to the US. Anyone interested, please let me know.

Nimblegranny
06-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Today I'm wearing some jeans I haven't worn before, and they are really long so I'm wearing heels, which I never do, and the shirt I put on is really too big but I'm wearing it for the last time today. So I feel tall and smaller today, despite only losing 1 pound this week.:carrot:

Punmama and zoesmom, thanks for the input about my plans. It's a big yard, a lot of stress and it seems like $100 every time I turn around with a house. Especially with the yard in the summer. My husband died 3 1/2 years ago and he dealt with the stuff that is hard for me. I really am ready to let the house go, downsize my belongings, and move into my last residence. We will see if it works out.

I lived in a condo when I was single and except for Biskitt, it suits me better. I feel safer, I don't worry about the exterior stuff, and it's all I need. Biskitt won't like being walked on a leash again, but it gets me out to meet the neighbors.

And I will feel more like getting out and walking as time goes by!:)

punmama
06-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Nimblegranny,
Congratulations on your loss of inches and pounds of course. Doesn't it feel so nice to be able to wear things that you didn't think you would ever wear again? That makes you want to stay on target.

You are right about a condo. It would be nice not to have to do things outside like mowing the lawn etc. I know at my age I can't see me doing that. I mowed a lawn once in my life and that was about it. I also broke the lawnmower doing it.
By the way, I just love your mini-goals. I can relate to all but one of them.

brunette8706
06-14-2013, 04:34 PM
YEAH Brunette! I think you'll love the program! :)Nimble - so jealous. I am still in an apartment. Every time we get money saved up for a house, life gets in the way and demands more money from us (read insane medical bills from my illness last summer.) I am glad we help you stay motivated. Lord knows 3FC is my saving grace!!!!

irish - I actually want to try a few more things desert wise with the packets. I have a combination of ideas. I've been studying the composition of the packets and think I might be able to pull off some killer deserts! See what happens when you give a baker a product!! :lol:

Thanks Zoesmom! You are always so helpful and nice. BTW I have read your blog and really enjoyed it! You are such an incentive. Brunette

zoesmom
06-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks Zoesmom! You are always so helpful and nice. BTW I have read your blog and really enjoyed it! You are such an incentive. Brunette

Oh Lord! I guess I best update it then! :lol: I figured no one reads it so I only post every now and then. Lesson learned! I think I'll work on drafting a post this weekend when I find time between all those freaking cakes I am doing this weekend. I swear, I either have nothing or I am swamped! :lol: But thank you, I greatly appreciate what you said. :thanks:

msaumure - I think we are all in the US here. You might want to try the IP boards. I know several users there are on the alternatives and many are in the Canadian area. I know tarrifs can be a load of money, so I understand your lack of interest of sending across the border.

Nimble - huzzah! A pound lost! GO you!!!! :cheer:

irish - if you have any whey protein powder around, you can use that too....it would just be one scoop. Of course...not entirely sure how it would taste since I didn't use any, but the measurements will be the same. Or at least, should be. :) 28-32g I believe is what is in each WS packet. So, just make sure it weighs that :D

punmama - ah shucks! You are going to make me blush! I got lucky at a young age and was apprenticed under a fairly popular European chef for a few years. He drilled in my head to never be satisfied with something unless I have attempted 1000 different ways to prepare it, so...I experiment a LOT in the kitchen. Granted, he didn't teach me baking, I learned that one on my own, but the principle is the same. Keep going until I find a winner.

Of course...thinking on him...how many of you like soda? I want to jump up and down and scream "MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!" But, soda really isn't the best thing to down 2 litres of throughout the day. Anyways...want a healthier version of pop that leaves you satisfied and thinking of summer? This used to be Alec's favorite beverage and it quickly became a staple in my life:

8 to 12 ounces club soda
2 tablespoons Torani sugar-free syrup (they make tons of flavors...vanilla, caramel, chocolate, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry.....)
OPTIONAL - 1 tablespoon heavy cream (I tend not to do this much as it adds calories, fat, carbs, and everything else)

Serve over ice and ENJOY! You just made Irish soda! :D

FattyFatFat
06-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh Lord! I guess I best update it then! :lol: I figured no one reads it so I only post every now and then. Lesson learned! I think I'll work on drafting a post this weekend when I find time between all those freaking cakes I am doing this weekend. I swear, I either have nothing or I am swamped! :lol: But thank you, I greatly appreciate what you said. :thanks:

If you write it... we will read it. :p

irish51
06-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Nimblegranny Congratulations on the 1 lb. loss
I know it is a tough decision to sell the house after our spouse is gone. My husband died 10 years ago, I still have a 2 story house. It's too big for me now, but it does keep me busy. Cleaning the house, vacuuming the pool, and mowing the lawn is my form of exercise! :lol:

punmama Glad you got to the dentist, hope the pain is gone.

zoesmom You just made Irish soda! :rofl::rofl:

So the baby is napping and I thought it would be a good chance for me to pop in. I have been doing WonderSlim since August 2012, I think my plateau stems from my body needing a break (at least that is what I am going with :D ). This week I have used some WS products for breakfasts and lunches, dinners have been an anything goes.. it's been fun!!!

Actually, I haven't really strayed too far, but I have been doing SmartOnes with a salad for dinner. Really missed those 4 little mini pizzas :smug: I put on a couple pounds, but now it seems to be coming back off..although my son and DIL are taking me out to dinner tonight.

I think Sunday I will start back on WS and see if this break has helped to move things along. I have still been quite active,(watched the baby all day Friday and went and mowed the lawn when he left.) which is probably why, I only gained a couple pounds.

I have been reading here every day, just with the amount of times I have babysat/kept him overnight, I haven't had a lot of time to post. Next week should be better, we are going back to our regular schedule. I should have baby Monday & Friday only.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

punmama
06-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Good Monday Morning all. I hope everyone had a great weekend?

Zoesmom, that "soda" sounds very easy to make. I have a ton of DaVinci sugar free syrups at home which will glady use up in club soda. I am not much of a soda drinker but in the summer months I know an ice cold glass of soda will hit the spot.

Irish, I hope going back to WS will kill that plateau that you are having right how. It is beneficial to your body to do something else so that your matabolism gets jarred again and you will lose the weight again. Switch things up a bit. Have a great time today with your grandchild.

Had a very good weekend. I tend to do that when I am not at home though. No temptations and I only pack my WS meals with me to take me through the days I am not at home. This way I am forced to stay OP. LOL.

Be well everyone.

Nimblegranny
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Okay I had a big scare yesterday when my computer wouldn't let me on this site because of a malware alert. I tried all day, and it was saying the same thing on my phone. I was going to really miss this! And now today it's back. Did anyone else have this problem?

punmama
06-18-2013, 03:54 PM
No, no problem here.

Nimblegranny
06-18-2013, 05:45 PM
It's not possible that the Crystal lite stuff I've been putting in my water could cause this plateau, is it? It's just coincidence that I have only lost 1 pound in two weeks and that's when I started drinking that stuff, right?

I just have to be patient and keep on keeping on, and I will start losing again, RIGHT??

zoesmom
06-18-2013, 07:18 PM
The entire site was having Malware issues.

And yes, the Crystal Light CAN cause stalls. Mio is a better option. And even better, just plain jane lemon juice.

punmama
06-19-2013, 09:30 AM
I didn't realize that Crystal Light would stall the diet. Does that hold true for Crystal Light Liquid? I just put a squirt in my water bottles this morning.

Yes, keep on keeping on. Do not let anything discourage you Nimblegranny. Remember your final goal.

irish51
06-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Plain water is good,also! :D

I had the baby on Monday, and yesterday I worked my butt off in the yard, and cleaning the pool. Last night I scrubbed floors, so today I am going out with friends .

Yay, adult conversation! :carrot:

zoesmom
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
I didn't realize that Crystal Light would stall the diet. Does that hold true for Crystal Light Liquid? I just put a squirt in my water bottles this morning.

Yes, keep on keeping on. Do not let anything discourage you Nimblegranny. Remember your final goal.

It depends on the person. Some people, like me, it doesn't stall at all. I think it may be because of my activity levels. But if you look at the Ideal Protein forums, a LOT of people stall out on CL and a tad less stall on Mio. Or...not so much as stall, but slow down. Most agree though, plain jane water gets boring and it is worth the slower loss to keep from cheating.

I found that adding crushed mint leave to my water brings out a nice flavor. And I live on my Mio. And lemon and lime slices.

Nimblegranny
06-19-2013, 01:49 PM
I knew it! The lemonade is just like crack to me. I prefer Propel zero but can't find a flavor I like as well as lemonade and it's hard to find. But I will be in the group that has to have it to get their water down - irish, I just can't drink that much plain water!

irish51
06-21-2013, 02:14 PM
:wave:

Where did everyone go? :)

I was out all day with friends on Wednesday. Thursday, I spent most of my time outdoors, laying sod and planting some rose bushes (I've never done roses before, probably kill them, but oh well.)

I have the baby down for a nap, we have storms moving through with thunder and lightening.

So, how is everyone doing? Anyone losing ?

My plateau is still hanging on, not helpful that we ate Mexican on Wednesday. They bring one plate at a time, so everyone shares what you ordered. There was 3 of us, so that meant 3 different things.It was really good, but too much for me. I skipped dinner that night.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. It's going to be in the 90's here.

YAY, swim weather!!!!

punmama
06-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here at work they have ice cream with all the toppings in our cafe. i went in, took a look and walked out. I know what ice cream tastes like and I would rather be thinner than start binging. I can have ice cream when I know I can handle it. Right now I can not handle it.

My sister is coming to visit me for the night tonight. I have to admit we are getting pizza but I know I won't be able to eat a lot of it. It is just the two of us so we don't need a big pie. There is pizzeria two blocks from where I live. We will go there.

The weather here is hot but as of now not humid. The humidity and thunderstorms will be coming Sunday and Monday.

Irish51, that is great that you planted rose bushes. Sometimes I wish I had a garden to do that in. I bet the roses will flourish.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Nimblegranny
06-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Have to report I found 8 boxes of Propel Zero lemonade on the shelf at a certain Kroger yesterday! So I'm broke but all set for awhile!

zoesmom
06-21-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!!!

Well, kinda. Maybe not really. :) I have to make a cake for this weekend, so my time is...limited :D But, expect a post from me soon!!!!

Nimblegranny
06-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I have to spend tomorrow getting ready for the realtor to come and see my house on Tuesday. Bins of clothes need to go to the garage, general cleaning, organizing, getting the yard cut, the hedges trimmed. :tired:

Then Sunday my aunt and cousin are coming to visit - well, mainly to pick up my breadmaker, so it will have a home after I banished it from my counter. We are going shopping and out to eat, at Bonefish, where I WILL :devil: be having some Bang Bang Shrimp and probably a Pomegranate martini.

If I do, it will be the third time in 7 weeks that I have gone off-plan, and the first time I've had alcohol. I'm confessing it here, first. I am good about staying on plan, but, being realistic, I feel one still has to live in the world. ;) Some things are just worth it.

So, no visit with my sweetie-pies this weekend, but if I'm going to sell my house there will be a lot more to tie me to home coming up. All fingers crossed regarding the realtor. :crossed:

7 weeks, still holding at 17 lbs. Not the way I planned it, thought with WS it would be much faster, like it was at first. It does REALLY annoy me, I admit. :( It's too soon to plateau!

Nimblegranny
06-22-2013, 12:14 PM
7 weeks, still holding at 17 lbs. Not the way I planned it, thought with WS it would be much faster, like it was at first. It does REALLY annoy me, I admit. :( It's too soon to plateau!

Down 2 lbs! Yippee!:dance: 19 sounds much better than 17!:dancer:

zoesmom
06-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Down 2 lbs! Yippee!:dance: 19 sounds much better than 17!:dancer:

:carrot:

Told ya to have faith :D

Brutal Babe
06-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Hi!! I found the wonderslim diet online after looking into medifast, and came across this forum. I am really considering placing a order for wonderslim. I am around 143 pounds atm. Was wondering if this diet would work for me ? and if so what foods are the most tasty out of the wonderslim products? I was contemplating ordering a 4 week plan to get started. Thanks :dizzy:

irish51
06-23-2013, 11:05 AM
zoesmom I've missed you! It seems we both have been very busy. :hug:

nimblegranny Hope everything went well getting the house ready for the realtor. Congratulations on the 2 lb loss!!!

punmama Hope your visit with your sister went well.

Brutal Babe :welcome2: Each of us have our favorite WS product (mine is the mocha shake/pudding). If you read through this thread and the previous one, you will find where we have posted our thoughts on the products. Sorry I can not provide the link at the moment. Hope you will join us, I look forward to reading about your progress.

Nimblegranny
06-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Down another pound, making 20 lbs lost! Huge milestone for me. Man, it took forever to get that last five off, but 20 lbs. in 7 week averages almost 3 lbs. a week, so I can't feel bad about that. PLUS I'm losing again. YAY!

Today I'm wearing a top I haven't worn since last summer and same for the pants with an actual button and zipper to close. I went to Bonefish with normal people and ate like a normal person yesterday. No cocktail, a few Bang Bang shrimp, half of the pork chop with steamed green bean, several bites of brownie shared by 4. Had a great time, am back on plan this morning, and still down 1 this morning.

Sometimes eating sugar or restaurant food can send me down a slippery slope, I know this about myself. But today I am feeling very happy to be back on plan and very happy with my plan. It feels like something I can continue to do long-term, and I plan to. Today, it feels amazing to be wearing my heels and real pants. :D

Also, had my blood drawn this morning so will find out next week how my sugar and cholesterol are looking after 7 low-carb weeks. It's a short period, in the big picture of my diabetes, but I'm hoping for some motivating and validating news there too.:^:

ssflbelle
06-24-2013, 10:42 PM
YEA is right that is a good weight loss. I sent you a message from another site before I realized you were on this site as well. I use to post here all the time but haven't done so in a long time. Now that I have ordered WS again I will be posting more. In the past I had more support from this site than I did the other one we are both on. Keep going strong - Your doing great.

Down another pound, making 20 lbs lost! Huge milestone for me. Man, it took forever to get that last five off, but 20 lbs. in 7 week averages almost 3 lbs. a week, so I can't feel bad about that. PLUS I'm losing again. YAY!

zoesmom
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
HELLO EVERYBODY!

Brutal Babe, here's my review (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4663733-post256.html) from way back when. I've tried a few other items since then, but just a brief run down of my likes and dislikes

irish - I miss you too! :) Been insanely busy. I LOVE summer...it just takes SO much time from me! Plus, I have hit plateau #2..woohoo!! :rofl:

Nimble - :dance: I am so freaking happy for you! Keep at it! you will get there!

:wave: ssflbelle ...hi and welcome back! Love to see how to do on this! I know it has been a life savior for me! LITEREALLY!!!

Okay, so I have hit a hardcore plateau...again! Seems my plateaus like me every 30 pounds lost. Joy of joys! But...despite the stall out, I HAVE lost 5 inches in the past two weeks, so I will take it! :D This past weekend, I went to a party...okay, yeah, I got wasted. But despite all, no gain...thankfully!
the party was that of one of my hubby's friends. I KNEW NO ONE! Aside from maybe 3 people. One of which was the friend's 21 year old son. I ended up chatting him for an hour before he goes, "OH MY GOD! YOU ARE JEN! I didn't recognize you! HOLY CRAP YOU LOOK AMAZING! YOU ARE HOT!" So...kinda creepy that my hubby's friend's 21 year old son finds me hot, but at the same time, hot dang that was the ego boost I needed! :D Been a long time since a "youngen" find me anything but fat and ugly. :rofl: Not that I am all that old, but none the less!

Happy Monday...hope you all have a slam bam week!!! :D

punmama
06-25-2013, 09:41 AM
I am glad to hear that everyone is ok and having success with the program. I have hit a plateau also but am losing the inches which makes me feel better about not losing the weight.
I ordered the 12 week program for my aunt. She is really excited to start. She gets her package tomorrow.

The summer for me is the same as all year round. Work, come home, work come home. etc until the weekend. I plan on staying outdoors as much as possible on weekends away from food.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday.

irish51
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
zoesmom Plus, I have hit plateau #2..woohoo!!

Welcome to my world!!!! :lol:

"OH MY GOD! YOU ARE JEN! I didn't recognize you! HOLY CRAP YOU LOOK AMAZING! YOU ARE HOT!" So...kinda creepy that my hubby's friend's 21 year old son finds me hot, but at the same time, hot dang that was the ego boost I needed! Been a long time since a "youngen" find me anything but fat and ugly. Not that I am all that old, but none the less!

:woohoo::woohoo:

Congratulations on the 5 inches. You are doing great.

For all who think they have hit a plateau, just keep doing what you are suppose to do. Remember, I have not lost anything since April, but I am not giving up!

punmama
06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Glad to hear that Irish51. Neither am I. This program is too easy to give up and our plateaues are bound to hit their plateaus as well :-)

zoesmom
06-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Aw Shucks :thanks: irish
I've found that when my weight loss slows, I drop mad inches. It is like my body can only do one or the other! :lol: No worries though! I am 235+ pounds and fitting in a LARGE!!!! I am smaller than my 200 pound mother who is the same height as me! I know part of it is I exercise like no tomorrow, so I am toning as I go...but part of it is the weight loss doing its thing. I have a feeling I am fixing to see a whoosh though and that this plateau is going to be much shorter lived than my previous one...I haven't had a "pee fest" since the first couple weeks of starting the progam and today the bathroom and I have been becoming real good friends today! :lol: So...maybe by my next weigh in I will see a change. :) SO want to hit 225 before vacation in August....

And I agree pumama!!!

zoesmom
06-25-2013, 12:30 PM
MOCK DANISH
I am a sucker for Danish. The melt in your mouth, not too sweet, fluffy yumminess. (insert Homer Simpson drool here) So...when I stumbled across this last night, it was like the Herald Angels called out my name in harmony. Of course, I had to wiggle my dinner around a wee bit so I wasn't over on anything

1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
2 ounces low-fat cream cheese (1/3 less fat )
1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch cinnamon
3 sprays of i can't believe its not butter-flavored cooking spray

Put 2 oz. Cream Cheese in coffee mug and heat in microwave for 40 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Add remaining ingredients into the same mug except for Butter Spray and Cinnamon. Microwave for 50 seconds. Remove from microwave top with pinch of cinnamon and 3 sprays of Butter Spray. Enjoy! (I actually ommited the butter spray, but that is because I don't like butter. )

Calories: 158
Fat: 12.9g
Carbs: 3.3g
Fiber: 0
Protein: 5.2g
Sodium: 189.8mg

zoesmom
06-25-2013, 09:24 PM
A little over a year ago, I couldn't walk more than two feet without passing out due to severe lung issues brought on by a cocktail of wonderful diseases and an eventual diagnosis of ARDS complicated with severe asthma. I was on an O2 tank (which is collecting dust in the corner now...AHAHAHAHAHAH!!) and was told to file for disability at the ripe "old" age of 29. I was told, in not so many words, that I would not really have any quality of life. And don't even get me started on those DAMNED stairs leading up to my apartment!!!!

And today, I went a grand total of 3 miles in 30 minutes. I ran 20 minutes of it. AND I RAN UP MY STAIRS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, WITHOUT A RACING HEART!!!

I still have asthma attacks. I still have emergency trips to the ER. I still have to check my O2 levels multiple times a day. But I am healthier, stronger, and more powerful today than I was last year...and far exceeding that of what doctors thought I would be able to do.

When someone tells you that you can't, do it anyways. When someone tells you it is hopeless, keep hoping. When someone tells you it is over, prove them wrong.

I did these things. And I am not yet done. I. Am. Awesome.

And so are you

Brutal Babe
06-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Hey zoes mom thank you so much for the review! Im glad i have this review you posted so i can base my order on what to get and not what to get. Thank you~! I really didn't want to order something and hate it! Alot of people have said the strawberry pudding and yogurt are yummy! My partner is being a little bit suspicious about this diet. So ive been really hesitate to order. But alot of people say this diet is great because it teaches you alot about portion control and i think i really need that! :)

zoesmom
06-25-2013, 11:44 PM
It absolutely teaches you portion control. It also helps you kick food addiction problems if you have them, get over your "sweet" cravings, and actually pumps your energy levels up. Plus, out of all the protein shakes out there....it houses some of the best flavors :D (I know, I've tried many!!!)

It is super easy to stick with and if not for WS, I don't know where I would be!

irish51
06-26-2013, 01:11 AM
When someone tells you that you can't, do it anyways. When someone tells you it is hopeless, keep hoping. When someone tells you it is over, prove them wrong.

I did these things. And I am not yet done. I. Am. Awesome.

zoesmom I am so very proud of you!

I actually ran on the treadmill tonight! It felt good.

I was reading the above that you wrote and I had to laugh.

Long story, but I had to go buy a new microwave today. The box was high up on a shelf, so I got the guy (about my age), he got the ladder , said the box was too heavy, went and got another guy. Together they brought the box down and set it on my cart. (Notice I said ON not IN). So of course, I can not see over it to take the cart up to the cashier (shakes head). As I am trying to maneuver the cart, these 2 men are standing watching...not helping, watching. The first guy tells me, to be sure when I see the cashier, to tell her to get someone to load the box into my car. I laugh and say I can do it myself." No", he tells me," it is really heavy, I had to get the other guy just to bring it down, you can not lift it" (well, I was standing there, so I already knew all this!). I told him, that I would manage, after all, there was no one at home to help me get it in the house. So, he starts lecturing me on how I need to call someone to help me, because I won't be able to lift it up on the counter. I tell him thanks, but I will figure it out.

Of course, being as stubborn as I am, I dislike when someone says I can not do something. I have been this way all my life..it's like a challenge.
Naturally, I drove home, went in the house, disconnected the old microwave,carried it out to the garage removed the new one from the car carried it into the kitchen, opened the box, and manged to lift it up on the counter. (the old and new one are both the large 2.0 size :D)

Silly man, telling me I could not do it! :lol:

zoesmom
06-26-2013, 09:41 AM
:hug: irish - oh yes...you are so my hero.

punmama
06-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Zoesmom-Your story makes me realize that anything can be accomplished when you have the will to do it. I have stopped exercising because of my laziness. You have continued to go on and have accomplished a great feat because of your determination and lack of laziness. Thank you for sharing your goals with us.

Irish- I am like you. When someone tells me I can not do something I have to do it to prove them wrong. Sounds like these two men need to either get their eyes checked or start going to the gym. Glad that you were able to prove them wrong even though they were not with you to see what you did. Congratulations to you for your accomplishment with the microwaves.

zoesmom
06-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks punmama :) I am not sure if you know the story or not (I've rehashed it so many times I have lost track) but I came close to dying last August.

My daughter had given me strep B, which had turned into streptococcus pneumoniae in me...which can be deadly. On top of that, I had uncontrolled asthma and had went into asthma exhersion. I won't go into the whole story, but I had ultimately passed out and went into a brief semi coma and my daughter, who was three at the time, had spent who knows how long trying to wake me up. By the time I came to, her little body had managed to pull my 293 pound frame out of the bed and was hitting and screaming at me to wake up. It was obvious she was scared and had been trying for a while. Long story short, I had carbon dioxide posioning due to the other things, as well as had contracted a viral infection, and later at the hospital, a fungal infection. I was in ICU for 3-4 days and in the hospital for almost two weeks. My artery O2 saturation level was at 42 and I was told on more than one occassion that I should have been flat lining or in a complete coma. I ended up on an artifical lung during my stay in the hospital as I had no air flow in my lobes for several days. I was on an O2 tank from the time of my release from the hospital until November. I was told I would always be on it, that my lung would never heal completely (and to this day I still have a LOT of problems.) But the kicker was when they told me to file disability at the age of 29. I could not, I would not. And I CAN NOT EVER let my kid find me like that again. She saved my life once already. What if next time we aren't so lucky? So, I have to make damned sure next time doesn't happen.

I always say that if I can do it, anyone can do it. I mean that. I really couldn't move withou passing out. I now run. In less than a year. I have faith in everyone, because I have faith in myself. Now...go get them!!!! :D

FattyFatFat
06-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Hate to hear about your experience having to go through that, but Love to hear that you pulled through fine and don't let anything get you down! Being on disability could ruin your life and sets you in a category of being somewhat unmarketable to where they don't want you making any money or doing ANYTHING for yourself anymore. The crazy thing is they act like they are going to give you enough compensation to sustain a regular life when it barely is enough even if you are fully backed by someone supporting you. Disability is a pure joke in my opinion, and I commend you for not accepting it.

If you NEED disability, that's one thing, but accepting it when you can keep fighting is a whole different ball game and I have mad respect for you for doing so.

zoesmom
06-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks FFF :)

It helps that I work in a non-profit that specializes in people with various mental and physical disabilities. I see it daily. I don't fit in that category. And I refuse to believe I ever will. I don't need the help that I see these people do. Around this time last year I can understand why everyone thought I did...but I KNEW if I just applied myself...and here I stand today! :D

punmama
06-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Zoesmom- you really are a prime example of a person who is bound and determined to make your life the best you can for you and your family. Not everyone would have done with you have done. Most people would just quit and accept the fact that they were classified by someone or something else as disabled and go through life with a label and nothing more. I was really staggering on this diet but after I read your story I know that I will not quit and will keep going on. I slid a few times but I keep getting back up.

My prayers are with you and your family.

zoesmom
06-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Zoesmom- you really are a prime example of a person who is bound and determined to make your life the best you can for you and your family. Not everyone would have done with you have done. Most people would just quit and accept the fact that they were classified by someone or something else as disabled and go through life with a label and nothing more. I was really staggering on this diet but after I read your story I know that I will not quit and will keep going on. I slid a few times but I keep getting back up.

My prayers are with you and your family.

And THAT is the main reason I share my story over and over again. :) If I can help just ONE person stay on track, then I will share it until I am blue in the face. :hug:

ssflbelle
06-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks Zoemom for the welcome back. It has been about 4 years since I was last on the WS threads. I hadn't even been trying to lose weight for about 2 years. Than switched to another site about 2 years ago but the support is just not there for me. I read your blog and wow what a remarkable recovery you have made. I hope to be able to be walking again without the use of the canes and walker and the electric mobility device for shopping. I wanted to start a blog here but it will not let me at this time. I do have another blog somewhere else but I do not know if they let you name other sites. Is that against the rules here? I am still waiting for my first order to arrive, it was sent out on Tuesday. Hope to become friends with you all here and share our victories and struggles together. :)

HELLO EVERYBODY!
:wave: ssflbelle ...hi and welcome back! Love to see how to do on this! I know it has been a life savior for me! LITEREALLY!!!

zoesmom
06-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks Zoemom for the welcome back. It has been about 4 years since I was last on the WS threads. I hadn't even been trying to lose weight for about 2 years. Than switched to another site about 2 years ago but the support is just not there for me. I read your blog and wow what a remarkable recovery you have made. I hope to be able to be walking again without the use of the canes and walker and the electric mobility device for shopping. I wanted to start a blog here but it will not let me at this time. I do have another blog somewhere else but I do not know if they let you name other sites. Is that against the rules here? I am still waiting for my first order to arrive, it was sent out on Tuesday. Hope to become friends with you all here and share our victories and struggles together. :)

Thank you, thank you :)

I KNOW, if you stay the course and stay commited, you will be able to walk freely again. I know just how hard it is to believe that. I was tethered to a 40 foot leash that attached to an O2 tank in my bedroom. I never thought I would be away from that thing!

The best advice I got was from the least likely person, my daughter. She saw me having problems moving from the couch to the chair, a mere 5 foot walk. The kid was three at the time (4 now.) She came over to me, gave me her hand and said, "Mommy, I know it is hard to learn to walk. Just take baby steps like I did when I learned." I know she misunderstood what my real issue was, but in the same token, she was right. Baby steps. That was the answer. I spent the next sereval months forcing myself to go one extra step. The first day, I made 5. The next, 6. It was gradual and it was slow. I was SO out of breath...my lungs hurt...I wanted to give up. But every time I tried to just throw my arms up, there was that little hand holding mine. The stair where the worst part. I could only do one at a time...and I had a whole flight in my way just to get outside. It took me three months just to be able to go up them without having my O2 levels drop dangerously low.

I know you can do it. I know because I was there. And I am not done yet! :D

As far as web sites, most are okay, as long as they follow the forum rules. You can review them HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/frequently-asked-questions/71162-external-link-policy.html). Worst of worst, a mod removes it. :)

zoesmom
06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
OH! OH! OHOHOHOH!!!!

Say good-bye to my little plateau!!!!! Finally dropped by 0.8! HELLO 236.1!!! How beautiful you are!

Maybe tomorrow I can touch the 235's....oh to dream big :D

zoesmom
06-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Today's Quote of the Day:

"When you feel like quiting, remind yourself why you started." - Anonymous

punmama
06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
zoesmom- I am very happy for you in breaking your plateau. There is another saying that I am sure you know. "Inch by inch. Everything is a cinch." Your daughter is right just take baby steps. This applies to everyone here. Baby steps will lead to your goals no matter what they are.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

zoesmom
06-29-2013, 10:41 AM
:D And today...today I weighed in at 234.2. Oh yeah! GOOD BY plateau! Thanks for the visit..GLAD it was brief! :lol:

ssflbelle
06-29-2013, 03:01 PM
HURRAY for breaking that plateu:bravo::bravo:
I got my order yesterday and I am ready to start on Monday. I couldn't afford to get the 2 week plan nor did I want to eat only the food they selected so I just bought a few packages of shakes, puddings, cookies and pretzels. Since it is not enough for breakfast and lunches plus snacks I am thinking of eating breakfast and having the shakes, pudding or bars as a lunch along with the other foods allowed at lunch. Has anyone only replaced one meal a day and snacks with WS and lost weight? How much did you lose? I got my WS at DietDirect is there a cheaper place to get this plan?

:D And today...today I weighed in at 234.2. Oh yeah! GOOD BY plateau! Thanks for the visit..GLAD it was brief! :lol:

zoesmom
06-29-2013, 07:36 PM
HURRAY for breaking that plateu:bravo::bravo:
I got my order yesterday and I am ready to start on Monday. I couldn't afford to get the 2 week plan nor did I want to eat only the food they selected so I just bought a few packages of shakes, puddings, cookies and pretzels. Since it is not enough for breakfast and lunches plus snacks I am thinking of eating breakfast and having the shakes, pudding or bars as a lunch along with the other foods allowed at lunch. Has anyone only replaced one meal a day and snacks with WS and lost weight? How much did you lose? I got my WS at DietDirect is there a cheaper place to get this plan?

Yepper :) I do it all the time. My typical EXERCISE FREE days look like this:

Breakfast: shake
Lunch: Snack bar plus 2 cups veggies (such as broccoli or asparagus or cucumber...basically, greens)
Snack: shake
Dinner: 6-8 ounce lean meat plus 2 cups veggies (as per above)
Dessert: shake

On my exercise days...LOTS more food, as I easily burn 300-500 calories on those days and HAVE to replenish :D

You should check out the Ideal Protein alternative forums. Lots of folks there use WS as alternative to that protocol. My plan is based loosely off IP...except my doctor kinda made it up, so not really :D

zoesmom
06-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Found this recipe....pretty freaking tasty, makes A LOT so perfect for the days you are hungry, and I officially think it is AWESOME!

BANANA MUFFINS

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Package Banana Pudding
1 cup or more shredded zucchini
1 tsp baking powder
1 small package Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener (about 1 tsp)
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 F)
1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
4. Add in Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins. I made 6 reg size filling each 1/2 way up.
8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall.

This recipe will also work with Chocolate & Lemon Pudding.

Calories: 166
Carbs: 16g
Fiber: 3g
Protein: 24g
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 296g

ShootingStar
07-02-2013, 11:55 AM
First week's weigh in: -4.8 ugly pounds!

zoesmom
07-02-2013, 12:01 PM
And suddenly I have this in my head:

"Don't you know, yeah, yeah
Don't you know that you are a shooting star
Don't you know, don't you know
Don't you know that you are a shooting star
And all the world will love you just as long
As long as you are"

Congrats ShootingStar!!! So happy for you! Isn't is awesome when pounds melt away!

And...what part of NV? I used to, eons ago, live in good ol' Reno. :)

Nimblegranny
07-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Good news! My bloodwork is going in the right direction sugar-wise. The doctor said just eight weeks in is too soon to really tell, that in three months when we check again there should be a world of difference. But in that eight weeks my fasting was down to 130 (it had been in 200s) and my other number was normal. So, not off any meds yet, but I'll get there, as this is long-term for me. More good news is my triglycerides were normal, have been as high as 400 in the past, she says that is all watching the sugar and carbs. And my blood pressure is PERFECT.

So, I'm always hoping for more: getting off the meds, losing more weight than I have, FBS lower. But for today, I'm going to be happy with this 21 lbs. in 8 weeks (Lost another lb. last week, YAY) as I feel it's a solid achievement and I'm ever moving in the right direction. Yesterday 3 people mentioned they could really tell I was losing, what am I doing, etc. And so it begins! The good part, wearing smaller clothes, having my clothes be too big instead of tight, feeling better when I wake up because my sugar is not so high.

On Sunday I went with the kids and my DGD to the ZOO. Lots of walking. I kept up, But I was glad when it was over. It was hot and sweaty and I was tired of walking but I kept up and it was worth it to watch DGD's joy, waving bye-bye to the elephants, giraffes and goats. GOOD DAY! :carrot: One I would have passed on in the past.

zoesmom
07-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Nimble - What an AMAZING list of NSV! You have every right to be proud...you are doing awesome! I am so proud of you! :hug:

irish51
07-03-2013, 10:37 AM
zoesmom Thanks for the recipe. I am looking forward to making it.

Glad your plateau didn't last too long. I am still stuck, but hanging in. My body really, really likes 142.:devil:

Shootingstar:welcome2: and congrats on the loss.

Nimble Well, just look at you go!:D I am happy you went to the zoo with your granddaughter. So much fun, isn't it? I have the baby overnight tonight:woohoo:

punmama
07-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Nimble- First of all I am very happy for you that your blood sugar and triglycerides went down. That is an accomplishment in itself. That is my goal as well but I will wait a few more weeks before I see my doctor.
Keeping up with your grand daugther is another accomplishment I am sure you are proud of. Keep it going. You are definitely in the right direction.

irishchik
07-03-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm back!

Well, sort of.

It has been a while since I posted in a Wonderslim thread. I did really well on the program but I was contracted to be a Nutrisystem blogger and when that was over I had to put all my effort into getting through grad school. Work had to be cut so finances were cut with it.

I graduated a few weeks ago and I am now on plan with tackling the weight. I am using Medical Weight Loss Clinic which has centers here in MI, but none are real close to me so I am using the online plan.

Which - I love.

Funny thing, their "nutrients" are Wonderslim, only with their label. So I have 3 regular food meals a day and 3 nutrients a day. I also get one snack bar if needed.

6 pounds down my first week.

Sadly, the forums are slow because the online program is new. So I had hoped to visit here and see who was new and who was still around.

(I can't believe we are own thread 10)

zoesmom
07-04-2013, 01:30 AM
:wave: welcome back irishchick :) I actually stumbled across your blog last year...which is what turned me to WS :lol:

brunette8706
07-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Ok bought the 4 week kit I love it!!! So far it seems to really taste good it also seems to have curbed my appetite!! Love that. Started yesterday. Oing to a cookout for July 4th Independence Day. I'll stick with salad and a burger without the roll.

Zoesmom thank you so much for your encouragement. Went to diet direct and bought th kit for $234.00 free shipping also. Does anyone have any easy recipes they want to share.? Have a great holiday.

Brunette

zoesmom
07-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Zoesmom thank you so much for your encouragement. Went to diet direct and bought th kit for $234.00 free shipping also. Does anyone have any easy recipes they want to share.? Have a great holiday.

Brunette

No sweat...glad you like it so far :)

I have tons of recipes...several are scattered throughout this thread. I tend to post them randomly. I think I may need to either create a separate thread for just the recipes or start posting them on my meager blog for referral. :lol: I will point you to the IP recipes though. I have found that many times, we can replace the the IP packets for WS packets and the recipes turn out pretty well. Some have to be tweaked though. :)

ShootingStar
07-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Congrats ShootingStar!!! So happy for you! Isn't is awesome when pounds melt away!

And...what part of NV? I used to, eons ago, live in good ol' Reno. :)

Thanks ZMom, doing great still, even when going out to eat at a casino restaurant this week. This is so do-able, and I love that I have not had the crazy afternoon munchies. I always have a meal coming up soon :broc:

I live in Reno, and I get my orders the next day or 2 days since I live just over the hill from company HQ (New Lifestyle). I would say my favorites are the dark chocolate and the lemon pudding/shakes. Oh! and the Veg Sloppy Joe, YuM :drool:

Has anyone tried the pickle crinkles snacks? I hope they're good, I've got two boxes coming.

Ooh! Almost time for watching fireworks! Have a good night all.

P.S. New Lifestyle has a $30 off $200 or more order if anyone is interested. Code JUL2013

brunette8706
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
No sweat...glad you like it so far :)

I have tons of recipes...several are scattered throughout this thread. I tend to post them randomly. I think I may need to either create a separate thread for just the recipes or start posting them on my meager blog for referral. :lol: I will point you to the IP recipes though. I have found that many times, we can replace the the IP packets for WS packets and the recipes turn out pretty well. Some have to be tweaked though. :)

HI! Yes, I love them so far. :) Oh, okay, I have to check out the recipes. I wonder if we can make a Wonderslim recipe thread or a sticky. I think you mentioned Tofu alfredo sauce in a PM, that you said was very good. Would love to try that one too! Hope you are doing great.

Brunette

zoesmom
07-05-2013, 06:01 PM
HI! Yes, I love them so far. :) Oh, okay, I have to check out the recipes. I wonder if we can make a Wonderslim recipe thread or a sticky. I think you mentioned Tofu alfredo sauce in a PM, that you said was very good. Would love to try that one too! Hope you are doing great.

Brunette

I live by my tofu alfredo. It allows for me to feel guilty without feeling guilt. Give me a wee bit and I will post up a link to several of my recipes. I've been meaning to do this for a while anyways :)

zoesmom
07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Very VERY brief rundown of some of my recipes (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1STrZ0KgLTQr7s5VdxwCIfSi2ZNuZnWUi4J6eh-oF63o/edit#). I'll keep updating it as I go...I have more...just have to get them electronic :)

TaeBean37
07-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Hi. I'm new here. I just ordered a 12 week supply of wonderslim products because I need to lose 60 lbs and i have injured my knee and I know my weight is a factor. Anyway, I've tried all kinds of diets and my weight has fluctuated any where from 10 to 30 lbs over the last 10 years and I'm tired of it. I'm 37 years old and I have decided that I have to move forward and quit spinning my wheels. This will be the first time trying wonderslim as i wanted to do something new and I want to change my life instead of thinking I will ever be able to eat whatever I want to and do it in moderation. I also live in the world of thinking that i dont want to go through life without wine and bread and dessert. This thinking has gotten me to 205 lbs and miserable. So it's time for a change but I do this with fear of failure and the tredipation of thinking I might not be able to ever do it at all. Any help or suggestions or ideas would be so very helpful to me and much appreciated. This forum seems so welcoming so I thought I would give it a shot. Thanks for listening:^:

zoesmom
07-06-2013, 08:08 PM
:wave: Hi TaeBean and welcome to our little corner of paradise :)

The best advise I can think of is don't cave. The first three days is the hardest. If you can make it past those couple of days, it is all down hill from there. Be aware you are going to have cravings, headaches, mood swings, and be flat out miserable those first couple of days as your body adjusts to the low carb and low calorie life style. Drink your water...it will help. And if you need an extra packet that first week, don't be afraid of having it. But after that...it really is easy. I've managed to break a food addiction and find a new way of looking at food. I believe WS played a large part in that. Welcome...and looking forward to hearing of your sucesses!

Ladies - my NSV for this weekend...I SAT IN A MOVIE THEATRE SEAT WITH ROOM TO SPARE! :D:D:D Last time I sat in a movie theatre was 4 years ago...and I couldn't fit in the seats. Oh heck yes I am proud of myself :D

TaeBean37
07-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks zoesmom. I will remember that. After all the crap I've been eating and drinking it will probably be rough but I'm looking for that break in my food addictions and habits too so I'm going to bear down. I will look to these posts to help me through though. Congrats on your NSV!:carrot:

zoesmom
07-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Alright...we've been quieter than normal the past few weeks...time to shake things up! Roll call and accountability time! How are you all doing?

Me...oh, just hanging around the wonderful 234's. Drats. But completely my fault. I "binged" these past few days. I allowed myself a long cheat weekend. The good news is, I didn't gain. The bad news is...I didn't lose. This is amplified by the fact I did not work out either...dang humidity. So...starting tomorrow, back on track 100%! I had my fun, I feel like crap, time to put my butt in gear. And I like that I feel like crap. Sometimes, I need little reminders like that to make me remember just why I am doing this to begin with. Junk in my body makes me feel gross. I need to remember that. Tomorrow is a new day. and I got this! How about you?

Nimblegranny
07-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Didn't lose this week. Stayed at the kids for the 4th and ate what they ate, which was normal portions of normal food, nothing crazy. I'm in this for 100 lbs. and I know there will be times when I won't do plan food for one reason and another. But here's the fact: when I follow the plan, I lose weight. When I don't, I don't lose. I don't gain, but I don't lose. And lose is what I want. So, today, back on plan, and I mean ON PLAN, no variations. I want to start another rally! I'm feeling good about my accomplishment and want to keep it up!!:D

zoesmom
07-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I hear that Nimble. Let's RALLY RALLY! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Today, I improvised. :D
I had a McDonald's egg white delight without the Canadian bacon and a small sugar free fat free vanilla latte.

My snack was a strawberry smoothie

Lunch is going to be a dark chocolate shake

Dinner is going to be 7 ounces of lean pork loin, 1 cup of brocolli, and 5 asparagus spears.

I am going to walk 30 minutes (would run but pulled my hip flexor muscle last night) and about 15 minutes of ab work and then going to follow up with a EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake.

That'll put my total caloires for the day at 1069 (with a net of 818 after exercise), my total carbs at 95, total fiber at 13, total protein at 126, and total fat at 25. Totally within all my parameters :D

For those who don't know...I am SLOWLY weaning myself off of WS products to real food (hence the egg white delight.) WS did its purpose for me...it helped me break my food addiction. Now, over the next several months, I am going to SLOWLY add in real food and omit WS items and take up strict calorie counting. This is per my wonderful and amazing doctor. No worries though! I plan to be here at least until the end of my supply of WS...which looks to be the end of the year :lol: By slowly, I really mean snail paced. :)

Nimblegranny
07-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Sounds good zoesmom! Today for breakfast I had cinnamon crunch cereal in my 4 oz of nonfat yogurt and a choc. shake. For snack another shake. For lunch I will have my cheesy mac pasta and a pudding. For dinner I plan a lean hamburger patty on the George Forman and some kind of green veggie cooked in the steamer. A choc. chip cookie later for snack. :)

I will do some more packing tonight when I get home, that's what I do every day now. Getting the house decluttered and ready for showing. :dizzy:

TaeBean37
07-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Zoesmom, nimblegranny, you are giving me so much hope about sticking to this ws plan and to just keep going no matter what. I am waiting for my first 12 week order to arrive with still some trepidation but hope. My idea is to use ws until i get most of the weight off then stick to small portions and calorie counting but I have to break these habits first and i think to step away from them for awhile while using ws will be a great help plus it has the wt.loss built in which would be such a positive thing to hold onto instead of being so defeated by my overeating and hence weight gains. If i could just do eating less to lose wt. I would have conquered this wt years ago. Obviously that is not the case for me and i have admitted to myself that I have a problem and I need help but cannot afford the years of therapy it would take. So, I found this forum and a plan to do and I am diving in. I just hope I don't scrape the bottom of the pool and stay there! Good luck to you this week with your plans!!:hug:

ShootingStar
07-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Hi all,
I removed more lbs this week, for a total of 8.2 since June 25. :carrot:

Today I had Mocha pudding for breakie, then Berry Blast drink at work break, and a bar for lunch. Upon arriving home, I will have a Vegetarian Joe. For dinner it's green salad and Apricot Chicken with 2 chocolate marshmallow puddings for dessert/later.

Oh yes, and a ride on my exercise bike :)

I'm expecting a box tomorrow which will include some new goodies to try; Dill Pickle Krinkles and Lemon Bars.

ShootingStar
07-08-2013, 06:24 PM
TaeBean, you can do it! You will be so excited to see all the yummy stuff you get to eat. I have to say that I have tried anything "yucky" yet. I didn't
try the mocha pudding for a couple of days because I am not a coffee fan, but it is actually one of my favorites. You are fortunate to start off with 12 weeks supply, just think how you'll be in 3 months! :whoo:

My advice is to stick to the plan exactly, especially the first few days. I personally have had a bite (yes, only a bite) of spicy noodles this past weekend, but kept calm and carried on with the plan. I cleared out the cupboards before I received my first order and that has helped a lot.

I too know that I cannot just "eat less and exercise more", I have tried it many many times. In two days I am back to eating a whole Costco sized bag of Stacy's pita chips. Hang in there with us!

zoesmom
07-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Impressive shootingstar!!! Way to kick those pounds around!

TaeBean - I agree...stick to the plan 100%. I know I don't...but I also put in about 2 hours of intense activity a day and have doctor helping me along the way. There at first, I did though, until he started tweaking my plan up :D If you stick to the plan you WILL kick your food addiction and realize just how much you really are not hungry. I used to eyeball the clock for when it was time to eat my next packet until one day I realized I simply wasn't hungry yet was acting like I was! I was three weeks in at that point.
That was the day I KNEW I had to change. And change I did! I can go out to eat now and stay on plan. Even on days I "cheat" I still am within my caloric limits and never go over. I still lose. I have hit a small plateau, but I know mainly it is because I am doing more activity now, so I need to recalculate my BMR. But even with that...I am still losing an average of 2.22 pounds a week. I might not move for three weeks, but when I finally move again...it WOOSHES! You'll be fine...just stick with it!

Nimble - here you are getting rid of a house and I finally have enough for a down payment on one! Life in reverse, eh? :)

TaeBean37
07-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Awesome job on your weight loss shootingstar!:bravo: and thank you so much for your advice. I'm glad to hear the food is good. I decided to get the 12 week package to give me even more incentive to keep at it since I spent so much on it and I felt like 3 months can be a big difference in not only my weight but my health and habits too. And yeah I hear you about the whole bag of chips if left to my own devices. My nemesis is doritos. :devil:
And thanks zoesmom. You are an inspiration to me to get off my butt as soon as my knee gets better. I believe what you say about WS even if you aren't on it all the time. That's what I aspire to anyway. So your advice in transitioning will be helpful too.

I really appreciate finding this forum. I am feeling like I can do this if I can come here and get some helpful advice from you all! I'm getting more excited now and I'm very interested to try all the foods. Once I get started I will definitely be checking in with you all and will give my updates. I dont feel so alone in this now. Thanks to all.