Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim 10

Pages : 1 [2]

View Full Version : Wonderslim 10

Nimblegranny
07-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Bean, don't forget when you get your box you can send back and exchange what you don't love for something you do love. I started with the 4 week box but immediately sent back the fruit drinks and the soups to exchange for shakes and lunches I liked better.

Also, go back and read the first 9 Wonderslim threads. They are a huge motivation too! And zoesmom and irish are wonderful mentors and cheerleaders as they have paved the way with a long journey on WS.

I personally don't like to cook, so I often have a salad or chicken with broccoli for lunch, which I can pick up at lunch, and then have my packet for dinner. It works well for me. You will find what rhythm works for you. It all becomes second nature: shakes, bar, dessert, etc.

zoesmom, I've got my pod halfway filled and am packing up to declutter the house now. It keeps me busy every night and I spent all of the holiday weekend working on it. I have a little light repair work and painting to get done, and I'm ready to go on the market. You must be very excited about your down payment!

zoesmom
07-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Checking in...

Today's menu looks like this:
B - Strawberry shake and coffee w/ 1 tbsp mint creamer
L - V8 drink w/ choc chip cookie
S - Vanilla shake w/ blueberry Mio
D - Garlic sauteed chicken with stewed tomatoes and okra
Post Workout: EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake
Exercise - 30 minutes walking (still nurning my pulled hip flexor)

Calories - 1043 (868 net after exercise)
Carbs - 69
Fiber - 11
Protein - 128
Fat - 20

All within range yet again :)

Nimble - :thanks: you are too sweet. We are just like you...were given one too many boots to th bum and decided enough was enough and time to take action. :) The past week has been tough for me. I had an ARDS flair up and my O2 sats have been tanking. I managed to keep it above 90 yesterday and I have so far escaped the dreaded predisone. I got in the low 70's over the weekend...dang humidity. It has put a damper on my workout routine. And of course, I pulled my hip flexor which further dampened my workout routine. All will be right in the world soon. :) But yes, I AM excited about having enough for a down payment...just have to wait until closer to when our lease expires now...

TaeBean - I TOTALLY took advantage of the 12 week deal a while back. And netted me nearly a year worth of WS for only $1400. :lol: Needless to say, my poor itty bitty apartment. But...you should have your stuff soon...can barely wait to hear of your progress.

Everyone else has been quiet...no news is good news???

ShootingStar
07-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I wonder if people are backing off for the summer, that's why there's not so many posters? I love the fact that you can enjoy BBQ and whatever comes your way, it just takes a little planning and maybe a bit of sneakiness. As long as you're eating something, most folks won't notice. Luckily I've moved away from my family's food parties back in Utah. Here is it just me and Sweetie, and our dinners are pretty easy. He is avoiding the yummy carbs as well, so there are no chips, candy, or ice cream in the house.

I hope the UPS guy leaves my package at the leasing office, or I will have to wait another day :mad: He stops at our apartment building about a half hour before I get home, and a lot of times there is just that darn note on my door. I want some pickle crinkles! And some more of those wonderful caramel brownie bars :T

Tonight is extra lean hamburger with Tony Chachere's spices, and green salad. Butterscotch pudding for dessert.

Floor stretches and perhaps a bit of walking in front of the apartment.

zoesmom
07-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Heck yeah to BBQ! Lean pork or chicken with WF BBQ sauce or a homemade version (I have a fairly healthy one that is tasty enough.) Still on plan :) And rutabaga or kale makes an AWESOME chip substitute on the days you crave crunch :D I spend about an hour a day planning my meals of what I can and can't have. I can have junk....but I often times decide against it. Especially when I realize that 1 serving of chips (note SERVING and not bag) equates to 4 cups of broccoli and wipes out my allowed carbs for the day. Makes for a miserable day food wise. So...I eat wisely now...and those chips can stay on the shelf at the store!

Here's an example of what my doctor is currently teaching me in regards to choosing wise:

Instead of grabbing a measly Nabisco 100 calorie, for the same nutritional values, I can get a lot more is I grab one of the below:
*3 cups of plain popcorn
*2 cups of watermelon
*1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoon low fat whipped topping

Instead of grabbing a measly 1/2 cup of Ben's and Jerry's ice cream, I can get more bang for my 200 calories (and feel full longer) if I grab one of the below:
*1 1 Ghirardelli Squares chocolate, 1/2 ounce herbed goat cheese , 7 Kashi TLC Honey Sesame Crackers, and 1/2 cup sugar snap peas with 3/4 tablespoon ginger-and-miso dressing
*Small (5-ounce) fresh fruit cup, 1 1/2 tablespoons Back to Nature Nantucket Blend Trail Mix, and 1 cup bell pepper strips with 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch dressing
*9 Garden of Eatin' Baked Blue Corn Chips with 1/2 cup salsa and 4 Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value Organic Chocolate Chip Cookies

Granted...I am NOT there yet. But it is the foundations of which he is preparing me for so I can wean off WS in the future and be able to maintain. I really love my doctor :)

TaeBean37
07-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Nimblegranny, thanks for letting me know about returns. I got at least one box of alot of different things so I can figure out what i like best. I will definitely check out old posts. They will probably be great to read for motivation when I feel like I need it. Good luck with your moving!

ShootingStar- it's great your sweetie likes to eat better with you. My husband doesn't want to eat like I do so it is going to be a challenge for me when he is home. He does leave home since he drives truck so I am going to start WS the day he leaves after I receive my order because I want to find my own way with this like nimble mentioned so that maybe I don't have as hard a time when he is home. We don't have many family gatherings or parties to go to so that helps me too.

Zoesmom I will definitely post my start day and my current stats and what I eat to start out. My knee feels better today than it has in weeks, so I'm hopeful to start some real exercising too. I know exercising will help me alot too because mentally it helps me feel better. But my main problem is my eating habits. I'm getting more and more excited the more I get encouraging posts from you all!

zoesmom
07-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Glad to hear your knee is starting to feel better TaeBean :) I had reconstructive surgery on my left knee 15 years ago and I remember the pain all too well. I went from a very active lifestyle to...very not so active. And gained over 100 pounds because of that (among other reasons). And problems just kept coming on the more I weight I gained. The good news is, even with an injury, you can overcome it. Not only did my left knee have to be worked on, all the ligaments and tendons in my left ankle had to be repaired. Blegh! But...today (well, not today, but the present) I run. It is possible! Promise! And I can throw one more dousey out there...I was told to file disability last year. I was told at the ripe "old" age of 29 to file disability and that I would be on an O2 tank the rest of my life. I won't rehash the entire story right now...Lord knows you will certainly hear it sooner or later as I find I am both amazed that I overcame it and terrified it will happen again and probably dwell on it too much...but my point is...I was told I would never have any quality of life for the rest of my life. And I aim daily to prove them wrong. I am alive. I am not on an O2 tank. I am not disabled. And every day I get stronger and healthier. If I can do it...you can too :)

Today...my menu looks like this:

B - 1/2 a QuickTrip white chocolate/cranberry muffin (sorry, totatly had a craving and HAD to have it!) Threw the other 1/2 out so I won't be tempted. Coffee with 1 tablespoon mint creamer and 3 Splenda
L - WS cream of chicken soup w/ WS chocolate chip cookie
S - WS dark chocolate shake
D - 2 egg plus 2 egg white omelet with 1/2 cup chopped spinach (equates to 2 cups raw) with 1 ounce lean ham, and 1/4 cup 2% cheese
Workout will be 10 minutes jogging in place (still nursing my hip flexor) and 15 minutes abs
Post work out will have EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake

Calories: 1044 (846 net after exercise)
Carbs: 59
Fiber: 8
Protein: 99
fat: 37 (little high, but not too bad, from muffin)

Nimblegranny
07-10-2013, 10:28 AM
2 lbs. Down! :carrot: Keep on keepin on!

zoesmom
07-10-2013, 10:51 AM
2 lbs. Down! :carrot: Keep on keepin on!

:cheer: AWESOME!!!!

TaeBean37
07-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Zoesmom I am so glad to hear your story and I'm happy for you that you are pushing through and proving everyone wrong!:hug: Keep it up! You've been giving me lots of encouragement and inspiration so I hope as we go along, that I can do the same for you!

Awesome job nimblegranny!

Lots of inspiration! Excited to start!

ShootingStar
07-10-2013, 04:44 PM
YaY Nimble! :carrot:

For me, I got my NLD shipment with the Dill Krinkles; I like them! I am disappointed with the lemon drink though, I like the berry blast much better. The drinks ARE easy to mix up though, since we only have 5 minutes at break to do so. I really like the pretzels as well. I got more of the brownie bars and the dark chocolate pudding too.

For din-din, I'm thinking chicken breast and steamed broccoli. Sweetie gets his with Chinese sauce and rice. That chicken also has breading on it (the Chinese stuff) :nono:

I guess I'll do a seated strength video for the exercise today. :lifter:

irish51
07-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Nimblegranny 2 lbs. Down! FANTASTIC !!!!

TaeBean 37 :welcome2: Sorry, I wasn't here sooner to welcome you.
I look forward to hearing of your progress.

This morning, I was trying to read and catch up on what has been going on here.

I am still dealing with my plateau, but at least I am not gaining. I have not been doing as much heavy exercise due to the high humidity. I have been trying to swim for at least an hour per day.

I am slowly phasing off WS , adding in real food and counting calories. I want to lose another 20 lbs. I will still be posting here, I intend to continue to use the shakes/puddings, iced cookies (yummy), and a few of the other products for snacks. I am hooked on the pudding/shakes. :D

Due to the amount of yardwork, exercise, and running after grandson, I need to readjust my food, so that I am eating more.

I had an NSV today. I was out shopping with a friend, she talked me into trying on a summer dress. I do not wear dresses, because I always think they make me look frumpy. The dress was a size Xtra Small :dance::dance: The friend came in the dressing room and told me how great it looked, I still wasn't sure. This customer who had finished trying something on, looked at me and said the dress looked so damn cute on me, so........I bought it !!! :lol: Of course, than I needed a little shrug (sleeveless dress), and new shoes! Hmmm, now I just need somewhere to go and wear it!!!

Picking up grandson in the morning, he is spending the night. I will be back to posting everyday. (Ha, thought you were rid of me:rofl:)...NOPE:cool:

zoesmom
07-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Oh irish! How fantastic is that! X-Small?! TOO COOL!! :D :hug: SO proud of you and your sessy self! (I am also addicted to the shakes :) )

Me...I hit SIXTY POUND LOST THIS MORNING! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :D

Take that you nasty little pounds you! :D

Today's menu looks like this (haven't counted up the calories, will do that later)

B - strawberry smoothie and coffee with splenda and 1 tbsn mint creamer
L - V8 with WS chocolate chip cookie
S - dark chocolate shake
D - 7 ounces pork with garlic pepper asparagus and Italian seasoned broccoli

IF I work out today (today is my busy day) I will be doing Ripped in 30 and following my workout up with my typical EAS shake :)

How are you all looking?

irish51
07-11-2013, 09:02 AM
zoesmom Thanks! 60 lbs !! Super FANTASTIC

:bravo::bravo::cp::cp::bravo::bravo::dance::dance: :bravo::bravo::cheer3::cheer3:

Did a 20 minute workout first thing this morning.

Haven't made it downstairs to see what looks good for breakfast :D

Will post menu later. Have to feed the dogs and go pick up grandson.

TaeBean37
07-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Good for you Zoesmom! That is so great to hear!:bravo:

Thanks for welcoming me Irish and congrats on your NSV! I am loving hearing the successes as well as the stuggles because I don't feel so alone in this. I am glad to hear about how much you all like the different foods from WS.

My order should be here by tomorrow I think and I want to start Monday.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!:grouphug:

Tifftastic05
07-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Long time lurker, sporadic poster here. Today I jogged 3 miles, and did my first day on Wonderslim. I love the mocha shakes! They are probably the best protein shake I've had.

I've been reading your journeys and some of the older threads, and you have given me tons of motivation! Congrats on all you successes so far and the ones that are coming. :)

TaeBean37
07-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi Tiftastic! Sounds like you are a WS newbie like me. I havent received my order yet but I plan on starting Monday. These ladies on here are very motivational so I am excited to start. Good luck on your journey and keep us posted!:hug:

zoesmom
07-12-2013, 09:13 AM
:welcome: Tiff :) You should try those mocha shakes with some coffee and WF caramel :D

I take my left over coffee, put it in ice cube trays and freeze them. Then, in the morning (or whenever really) I will take 4 cubes of the coffee with a handful of regular ice and pop it in the blender with 4-6 ounces of water and the mocha shake and puree that puppy till I have a nice frozen coffee. Then, I drizzle a little WF caramel on top...and ohh...so freaking yummy :D

Glad you are no longer lurking...hope to hear more about you and your journey :)

Tae - I can't wait for you to start...going to be so much fun reading on your progress :)

Today's check in: Up a wee bit (drats...water weight) 233.3

B - Berry cruch cereal w/ coffee and mint creamer
L - V8 and caramel pecan bar
S - Mocha shake (you inspired me Tiff!)
D - I...I dunno! :| Yes. I'll have it. But..what?!? Maybe...hmmm...maybe I'll have tuna cakes with summer veggies....I dunno yet. Will figure something out soon though :D

zoesmom
07-12-2013, 09:29 AM
NSV time:

Today…I officially fit in the last “regular” sized JEANS (not plus sized and NOT stretch waist) I ever bought back in 2005.

Today…I am not only in “regular” jeans, but they are hip huggers, so they tend to run on the small size.

Today…I am in jeans that are a size 18….but when I bought these, I had to buy them large because they ran so small. I was a size 16 at the time. Which means…despite the fact these are a size 18, I can fit in a size 16.

Today…I am awesome. :)

zoesmom
07-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Guess I should mention that at the start of my journy, I was in 24/26's...that were too tight :)

irish51
07-12-2013, 10:55 AM
zoesmom YOU ARE TOTALLY AWESOME !!!!

irish51
07-12-2013, 11:01 AM
:welcome2: Tiff Glad you are no longer lurking. Hope you will stay with us, and let us be a part of your journey. We are really a fun group :lol:

Mocha shake/puddings are my favorite (just received 5 boxes in my latest order :eek:) and I do not like coffee, weird I know. Also, like the hazelnut !

TaeBean37
07-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Zoesmom. That's right, you are awesome! Good job girl!:carrot:

My boxes are supposed to be here today! Will keep posted!:^:

Nimblegranny
07-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Zoemsmom, you ARE awesome! Love hearing about your NSVs!

Another vote for the mocha shake - it's my favorite too. Will try your recipe for sure, zmom, adding the coffee. Would love your recipe for tuna cakes.

I am still losing slowly, but can tell the inches are coming off by the way my pants fit. I just bought some 20 pants online and can already roll them up at the waist. Which is what I do for a little bit before buying the next size down. I am keeping Cato in business, their pants are cheap, and I don't see buying expensive work clothes for the journey down. 10 more lbs and I'll be able to wear all the pants and jeans in my closet(s) easily and won't have to buy for a while. I have many many tops and some I haven't gotten to in a couple years. YAY for "new" (different) clothes! :carrot:

Nimblegranny
07-12-2013, 03:16 PM
B - yogurt with WS cereal, shake
S- shake
L - chef's salad
S - will be fruit cup with WS bar
D - WS cheesy mac packet
Des - WS cheesecake pudding

Tifftastic05
07-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome Irish and congrats on the x-small and the compliment from the stranger!

Thanks TaeBean! It's exciting to have someone starting at the same time. Did you get your order today?

Congrats on the 10 sizes Zoesmom, that's amazing! Fitting into smaller clothes that haven't fit in forever is always the best nsv for me. And, that shake idea sounds yummy. I'm going to definitely try it tomorrow.

I love reading everyone's daily plans, because it helped me get some ideas. I had a hard time deciding which things sounded best for today. Between school and work, I know if I don't plan the day ahead, I'm doomed to fail. I'm thinking of just randomly packing a week's worth in ziplock bags and then I'll just have to grab a random bag.

I also jogged (slow) another 3 miles today. It's only the 2nd day, but I feel like my body is remembering how it used to love running before I hurt my back last year and gained weight.

TaeBean37
07-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Tif I got my order today and am going to do some organizing and going through my boxes this weekend and get some cupboards cleaned out. My plan is to start Monday. I will get everything posted when i start from my meal plan to my weight and waist measurement. I'm still holding off on exercise to get in the groove with my eating plan and to give my knee a little more time to heal but it feels way better so it will be soon to the exercising!

Have a good weekend to all!

zoesmom
07-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome Irish and congrats on the x-small and the compliment from the stranger!

Thanks TaeBean! It's exciting to have someone starting at the same time. Did you get your order today?

Congrats on the 10 sizes Zoesmom, that's amazing! Fitting into smaller clothes that haven't fit in forever is always the best nsv for me. And, that shake idea sounds yummy. I'm going to definitely try it tomorrow.

I love reading everyone's daily plans, because it helped me get some ideas. I had a hard time deciding which things sounded best for today. Between school and work, I know if I don't plan the day ahead, I'm doomed to fail. I'm thinking of just randomly packing a week's worth in ziplock bags and then I'll just have to grab a random bag.

I also jogged (slow) another 3 miles today. It's only the 2nd day, but I feel like my body is remembering how it used to love running before I hurt my back last year and gained weight.

I em excited to have a fellow jogger also on WS. But it is important you eat differently if you plan to be more active than a leisurely stroll we every day. If not, you will quickly stall, as Irish and I both learned way back when. First, don't START exercise if you haven't been doing it...wait a few weeks then ease into it slowly. If you have been working out, drop you activitey level just a wee bit. Remember, we got this way from eating a surplus of calorie, likely as much as 3000 or more. WS suddenly is throwing you into only 900-1200. Your body is going to wig out....you will have decreased energy, fatigue, headaches, and other things...plus you will be putting stress on your organs....mainly your heart. While the program IS safe, it is not intended for people who bust serious butt working out. Have no fear though you CAN do serious busting if you plan wisely.

First, if you plan to do something more than 30 minutes of walking, count your calories. Keep your net caloric range AT LEAST around 900. My fitness plan is a great site for this. Log as accurately as possible your calories burned. And adjust your diet from there. For example, the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake is a great post workout food. Have 6 to 8 ounces of meat at dinner instead of 4. Eat a hard boiled egg. Jack's Link jerky makes 100 calorie packs that are great for low carb, low calorie, low fat, but high protein...just watch your sodium. But...eat more if you exercise. Trust me.

And seriously excited to have a fellow runner!!!

Gammawkim
07-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum & liking what I see! So glad I found y'all! I've been trying to decide what plan I want to go with. I did Nutrisystem few years ago & was not fond of their food, but was actually thinking of giving it another try since I noticed Walmart was selling it now.......a week box for $40 something! But I really wanted something with shakes, so thought I could do Vi shakes with it, but that would just run up the cost. Then I thought about medifast & as I was checking that out on the Internet I came across Wonderslim! I've never heard of it, but sounds great! Price wise & all the reviews sound awesome! So....I found this & y'all have just about made up my mind to go with WS! I'm probably going to make my first order today! Any suggestions as to what the best shake, etc is? I'm a big sweet eater, so I'd prob prefer sweet snacks over the others! Anyway.....just wanted to say HOWDY & any suggestions, info on WS would be greatly welcome! Oh!! Almost forgot! Any of y'all heard of Safslim? Just saw it on QVC. Reckon that might be something to help belly fat? Thanks y'all & have a terrific day!!! Kim

zoesmom
07-13-2013, 04:59 PM
:welcome: Gamma...while this does not include all of my samplings of WS, it includes most of the items. You can see my review HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4663733-post256.html)

While taking supplements and pills such as Safslim will likely not hurt you, it will not help speed your weight loss. I will have to try and find the study information again, but basically, since WS is so low in carbs and calories and fat, those items only make your wallet weigh less, not you. So, by all means, take it if you want to. But don't expect to see an increase in how quickly you lose weight, because you won't. Pills are meant to help you not absorb some of these things. But when your body needs every calories, carb, and fat it gets, those pills won't help anything. In fact, they will probably make you fatigued. You want to keep your daily net calories between 900-1200 for optimal weight loss results while on the WS diet. Additionally, pills are short term...and most people gain shortly after they stop taking them. WS is meant to teach you how much to eat and how to properly portion so you can have long term and sustainable weight loss. It approaches the concept of lifestyle change...not quick fix. It is important to differentiate the two prior to starting WS...just because you will loss quickly, do not assume it will stay gone unless you change your habits.

As the old cliche goes, diet and exercise is the best way to loss weight and fat. Remember, it take 3500 calories, plus or minus, to make or break one pound. So, at just 500 calories less a day, you can see a pound gone per week. WS ups that and forces you to decrease by an estimated 750-1000. Then recommends you at least walk 30 minutes a day. So, you should see a loss of 2-3 pounds, ON AVERAGE, per week. Note, the words on average means just that...you will have weeks where you don't move, weeks where you go up, and weeks where you will drop a huge 8 pounds...but how do they average out? I average at 2.22 pounds a week....and I have just now come out of a 4 week plateau where not an ounce was lost. And I have gained as much as 5 pounds. But I STILL average to 2.22 pounds gone per week. Bare that in mind.

none the less, I highly, HIGHLY recommend WS...I love the product. It helped me over come a food addiction. It helped me learn proper portions. It helped me start having a quality of life I was unsure could ever exist again. I love this....and really think that if you are committed, you can do it. Afterall, if I can do it, anyone can.

irish51
07-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Tiff Thank you and your welcome!

Taebean I am so excited that you have received your order and are ready to get started.

Gamma:welcome2: I agree with everything zoesmom has said.
WS is a quick way to lose weight, but not a quick fix to lose weight. I have been in a plateau since April, but I am convinced this would have happened with any program I picked. I am older, only 5' tall, very active. These last 20 lbs are the devil to get off, but I am not quitting. They will eventually come off, and I have nothing but time. In my opinion, WS has the perfect products for those of us with a sweet tooth (:wave:). The shakes/puddings are great for that (mocha, hazelnut, chocolate cream.). The bars can take the edge off, but I usually stay away from them...they have more calories and less protein.

My shakes I blend with cold water and ice. When I do the pudding, I usually mix with diet soda, especially mocha pudding w/diet cream soda!:hun: I stay away from all cola products, but again that is me, I haven't had a cola since 1990 ..broke that addiction then and refuse to go back.

Anyways, I also recommend WS, it will definitely teach you portion control, especially if you order the cereal, (I put mine in a mug, to make it look less lonely!:D)

Good Luck! Let us know if we can offer any other tips or advice..

Gammawkim
07-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the info y'all! I can't wait to start my new journey! I forgot to mention that I just finished the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I did lose a small amt, but just couldn't take the shakes!! Yuk!
I'm going to order tomorrow! Cant wait! This is going to be great! :D

TaeBean37
07-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks Irish! I'm going to post my start stats tomorrow.

Gamma- I'm starting tomorrow (Monday) and I'm excited and scared both because I want to lose weight but I really, really want to break my bad eating habits. So, I'm excited to have found this program but scared of it being so hard to change that I will give up on this like I have every other thing I have ever tried which is alot. The thing that is giving me hope and pushing me forward is this forum and these ladies inspiring stories and their support of me starting this since I only started posting on here last weekend. Plus, I received my order and looked through it all and read all the materials and printed the food log and daily meal plan and it seems very simple and straight forward which is what I feel like I need right now and will help me so much. As to liking the foods I will post my favorites as I go along. So when you get your order let us know and you can join me and Tifftastic as newbies on a common path !:hug:

Zoesmom - you have such helpful posts! I read some of your recent blog posts and the one you wrote about being accountable only to yourself really made me stop and think about the things that I do and you are right. I am only accountable to me and it shouldn't so much matter about what other people think. I know that those that love me want me healthy and happy, but they don't make my choices for me and the only one it really matters to is me if I eat right and lose weight or not and if I don't then it is me and the promises I made to myself that I am letting down the most and that's what should be most important to me. So thanks for that insight!:coffee:

Tomorrow is my start! I will be posting!:carrot:

zoesmom
07-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Aw shucks :thanks: thank you. I'll admit, I was clueless there in the beginning. I remember reading about this or that and couldn't make heads or tails of the information out there. Even here, it seemed everyone had a different "perfect" recipe for weight loss. It drove me nuts! Because none of it was geared towards WS, much less WS with exercise! I am lucky that I have a doctor who is very involved and who knows the WS product well. He used to use Medifast years ago for his clients, but changed gears to the cheaper alternative. And his method for the packets isn't to help his patients lose weight, but to break food addictions. I guess that is what really has helped me more than anything else. I meet with him once every two weeks and he gives me "homework" to research and discuss on our next meet. It helps that he is that involved...I went from a dullard who thought if I just eat less or take this pill, I would lose the weight, to someone who knows every calorie, every carb, every fat, every little thing, counts. It's all in the math. This week's "homework" was to make a list of eat this and not that. And not use a book to do it. Pretty much, he's trying to wean me off of WS. But he wants me to make healthy choices. So...if a bag of chips is 180 calories, what can I have instead...that will both full and fill me? Because face it, chips won't do either. I like his method. I went from ignorant to educated...and I still have a long way to go. But it is empowering...I feel confident that once I hit goal, i will be there for life. I have the tools to do it. I have the knowledge (and am getting more on a regular basis). I have the drive. This is doable. And I strongly believe that if I can do it, anyone can. My daughter found me almost dead nearly a year ago. I was told I would be disabled. But I am still here. I run nearly daily for 3 miles. I increase my exercise about once a month. And I am not done yet. And I KNOW every one of you can do it too :)

zoesmom
07-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Just want to share what 60 pounds can look like :)

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/Hettenhouse/March2012-1.jpg (http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/Hettenhouse/media/March2012-1.jpg.html)

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h358/Hettenhouse/P1040034.jpg (http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/Hettenhouse/media/P1040034.jpg.html)

ShootingStar
07-14-2013, 04:48 PM
It's weigh-in day today. I removed 1.6 lbs for a total of 10 lbs now. Twenty lbs to goal!

Yesterday we went to visit friends who live at South Lake Tahoe, and went to eat lunch at an Indian restaurant. I did research before hand, and decided there really wasn't much that would be "safe" to eat :?: Even the chicken dishes are in sauce of some sort. The tandoori chicken was not to my liking, so I just took some of whatever looked good to me, but not overdoing it. Of course, my favorite was in a sauce that includes cream in it.

For dinner, I ate an NLS/WS bar, the brownie with caramel ones, and called it a day.

Gamma, nice to "meet" another Kim!:wave:

Zoesmom, That's great! You look wonderful, and the pretty little lady with you as well. Beautiful smiles!

Edited to comment on ZMoms pic.

zoesmom
07-14-2013, 04:52 PM
It's weigh-in day today. I removed 1.6 lbs for a total of 10 lbs now. Twenty lbs to goal!

Yesterday we went to visit friends who live at South Lake Tahoe, and went to eat lunch at an Indian restaurant. I did research before hand, and decided there really wasn't much that would be "safe" to eat :?: Even the chicken dishes are in sauce of some sort. The tandoori chicken was not to my liking, so I just took some of whatever looked good to me, but not overdoing it. Of course, my favorite was in a sauce that includes cream in it.

For dinner, I ate an NLS/WS bar, the brownie with caramel ones, and called it a day.

Gamma, nice to "meet" another Kim!:wave:

for what it is worth, most restaurants will gladly alter a meal for you if you tell them you need to order a la carte due to "dietary restrictions". No need to tell them you are on a diet...it can mean anything from diabetes to blood pressure to whatever. They don't know and they won't ask. Most times, they offer steamed veggies...and never tell you. and you can ask for the chicken to be plain. I do it all the time...the only places it doesn't work is buffet lines and fast food :)

zoesmom
07-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Just saw this (http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/)on another thread...very interesting...and after playing with it, think I found out how my doctor reaches his numbers and predictions..

TaeBean37
07-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Zoesmom you look great! You and your daughter look so happy! I can see the difference 60 lbs makes! Maybe one day I will be brave enough to post some pics. It's great you have such a good doctor. I know you will reach your goals and when you do I will cheer for you!:cheer2::cheer3::woohoo:

I'm also glad to hear the doctor uses WS to break addictions because I truly feel that's what I need and if how I eat wouldn't be classified as addiction then I have a very bad habit of overeating that needs to be broken. Anyway, onwards!

TaeBean37
07-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Also, :bravo: to Shootingstar!!! Way to go!!! So much inspiration!!!

Tifftastic05
07-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Zoesmom - You look great, and you daughter is adorable! I'm glad to have a runner here to help me. I don't know anyone irl who runs, so I really appreciate the advice. I'm going to start doing just do half of what I was for a while. I jog on the treadmill and can make sure I stay at a slower speed and watch that I don't over do it. I also went out and got some of the fudge eas carb shakes that you recommended. :)

Hi Gamma! I'm new to WS and posting on the forum. I've only been doing this for a few days, but I can tell you that I too am a big sweets person and it's been easy to stick to the plan so far. The food tastes good and these ladies are so inspiring that it makes me want to keep going.

Congrats shootingstar! The best advice I can give you is to ask for what you want. The worse they can say is no. I went out of town this weekend and ate out with my friends at a Mexican restaurant. I was able to get a dish modified to just have grilled chicken and steamed california veggies,(no cheese, rice, beans, etc. and they even added a little more veggies for me in place of the extras) and used a little salsa as a sauce. And today we went to the mall, and while everyone else was chowing down on their mall food, I popped in to GNC and got a quest bar, and ate half of that. It was delicious, and I was able to eat healthy food and still have a good time with my friends this weekend.

Good luck on your first day tomorrow TaeBean!

punmama
07-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Zoesmom,
I know I am a bit late in saying this but those pictures of you and your daugther are wonderful. You two have such beautiful smiles. I can definitely see the weight loss in your face. Thanks for sending those pictures.
I have been on haitus from work but not from WS for the last week. Took some vacation time off and stayed on the program for at least 80% of the week.
It is so nice to see more people on this forum too.

Punmana

zoesmom
07-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Shooting Star - KUDOS on the 10 lost! Keep it up! :D

TaeBean - That is actually the only reason why my doctor uses it. He is a strong believer that weight loss is best achieved by eating real foods, but he acknowledges some people have to break the food addiction before they can do that. I was one of those people. Now, we are weaning slowly back to real food, but we aren't rushing it. No need to rush it, not if I want to keep my goals in sight :)

Tiff - I hope you like the fudge...I am partial to the vanilla myself. but I will openly admit that I tend to not like chocolate all that much except in rare cases (for some reason, WS fits that case.) I also like the cappucino, but it is harder to find...and pricer for some reason. Can't figure that one out. I know when I started working out, I was told to keep my workouts to the point that I wasn't breaking a sweat and could still carry conversation. I started off slow at 2 mph (unlike you, I wasn't already working out, so props there! :D ) Now, I can do a nice paced jog/run of anywhere between 5 and 6 mph and aside from high humidity days, hardly ever break a real sweat...and I can carry on a conversation...mostly. :lol: The trick is to stay in the fat burn heart rate and not the cardio heart rate. :)

punmama - kudos for staying mostly on plan! Especailly while on vacation! Props! :)

ALL - thank you for the kind words. I love seeing the difference. The first picture, I am in a tight 24/26 skirt and 4XL shirt. The second picture, I am in a size L skirt and a XL shirt. :) I think progress is coming along! OH! And my shoes! My feet have shrunk considerably...I was in a 10-1/2 to 11 due to the width of my feet...now I am in a 8-1/2 to a 9. :)

A bit more on eating out...I do it often. At least once a week, but usually 3 times. Busy schedule, what with swim lessons, ballet, working two jobs, and all that. I have eating out and staying on plan down to a science:

First...if possible ALWAYS scope out the online menu in advance. Usually the nutritional value is listed, so you can base off that. Plan what you want, and STICK TO IT! (This is the hardest step!)

Second...if you are prone to last minute caving, such as an appetizer or desert, bring cash only with you. Leave all other types of payment at home. And only bring enough for your entree, drink, and tip. Harder to get the extras is you simply do not have the money for them.

Third...always ask what the fresh/steamed veggies are. The menu doesn't list them, but they are there. You can ask for graveys and sauces to be omitted. Ask for butter not to be added to the veggies or fish. Ask that the your chicken or beef be cooked without the marinade. Remember, YOU pay their bills, they WILL accomidate you...and if they won't, time to find a place that will.

Fourth...ALWAYS ask for a to-go box to arrive to your table BEFORE your meal arrives. As soon as the food is delivered, half your meal and put it in the box. Use the "out of sight, out of mind" philospophy.

Fifth...Remember that salads ARE NOT the healthiest choice most of the time. Now that your head has just whipped back and you are surprised by this, consider this...they add cheese, eggs, fried meats, GOBS of dressings, croutons, bacon, and on and on and on. Many times, salads have MORE calories than the 6 ounce steak with a side of brocolli...and isn't nearly as filling. If you have a salad, either bring your own dressings that are diet approved, or order it on the side and DIP your fork in it each time you take a bite. Order it without the cheese, without the croutons, without the bacon, and only grilled meats, never fried.

Sixth...bring your own dipping sauces. Heintz makes a sugar free ketchup that easily slips in your purse. With 1 net carb and 10 calories per serving...it is a LOT better than what they have there...and tastes the same. WF makes a decent enough BBQ sauce. Ask for honey and mustard and make your OWN honey mustard instead of the one prepared in the back that has added sugars.

But most importantly....do NOT dread a slip up. You are human. Slips happen. That is not failure. Failure is accepting the slip up as fact and refusing to get back up and starting over. If you do cave and eat bad on one meal, just start over at the very next meal. It is better to not slip...but if you do, it is much better to slip up one meal, than one day, than one week. If you remember that, you will be just fine :)

TaeBean37
07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Ok all, I've started my day out right. I had WS apple cinnamon oatmeal,good, and a WS strawberry yogurt smoothie for breakfast, also good. I also have planned some grapes and WS berry blast drink for a snack.

Here are my starting stats:
Weight 206.8 lbs and my body fat scale said 46.5% fat
Waist 41", right arm 14.5" and right thigh 26.5". I think. I wrote them down but left my sheet at home. If it is different I will update these stats later.

Obviously it is time to do something different! I'm going to take things one box at a time on my WS food log. I will let you all know how my day goes.

Zoesmom I'm so glad you are transitioning off WS products since you are becoming my guru;) I can follow your progress back to real food. I don't want to be on WS forever either. Great tips!

irish51
07-15-2013, 01:10 PM
zoesmom Awesome pics...you look great. Zoe is just as cute as can be.
:hug:

TaeBean Glad you were able to start this morning. You can do this!

Tiff I am a big chocolate person, but I found I liked the vanilla EAS better, I know weird. :dunno:

punmama Glad to see you. It's great that you are staying on plan. (It's not always easy ;) )

ShootingStar Congratulations on another 1.6 gone. :carrot:

Okay, got the little guy down for a nap. just wanted to pop in and say hi ! I'll try to get back later....oh zoesmom I ran 2 miles last night!!!:woops:

Nimblegranny
07-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone, it's great to see the board's activity picking up. I ate Chinese food and watermelon this weekend so no loss, but that's okay. It's a hectic time, packing up to put my house on the market, having to take help when and where I can get it to get things moved into my pod, foraging for boxes. No fun. But on the upside, I'm paring down and seeing SPACE in my house, instead of STUFF. But it's a slow slog for one person and no fun going through my dear husband's stuff, he's gone nearly 4 years now. Nevertheless, I am getting it done.

So there's a lot of emotional stuff in this move for me, I can tell. That has sent me to the food in the past. I think I have enough (10 weeks) of plan under my belt that it feels normal to me and any variations are glaringly clear and make me uncomfortable. So I haven't done any bingeing yet but I would understand if I saw some stuff happening with what's going on in my life right now.

NSV - in my expensive pants, I just went from 18/20 to 14/16! I knew they were baggy but in cleaning out my closet I found some brand new, unopened 14/16s. I was hoarding them long ago because I loved the style and they fit so well. YAY - new, "free" smaller pants!

zoesmom
07-16-2013, 08:42 AM
:hug: OH IRISH!!! YEAH YOU! I LOVE LOVE LOVE running...NEVER though that prior to this year. I am so stoked you ran! And two miles! You so rock! :D

Nimble - :carrot: Isn't it the best when you can fit in old clothes again?! I am wearing my old Gap jeans...a size I haven't worn since 2002! Not to mention they are jeans! Something I haven't worns since...2002! :lol:

TaeBean - aw shucks...you give me too much credit :) I just take what my kindly and awesome weightloss doctor does and apply it. Pretty much, what I say here I have in one of three journals where I take notes like mad when in his office. :lol: Let's just say I am one of those people that obssesses over stuff just a wee too much.

BUT! You bring up an AWESOME point...something I neglected to mention to all the newbies that I usually do mention! TAPE MEASURE! Seriously! The most important thing about wieght loss and staying motivated is not getting hung up on what that scale says! IT LIES! We retain water. When we exercise. If we eat too much salt. When it is TOM. If we don't drink enough water. And on and on and on. That can have AS MUCH AS a 5 pound variance in our bodies PER DAY! (Granted it is usually a LOT less...) The scale lies. It shows actual weight but NEVER takes into consideration the amount of water vs fat vs muscle vs bones. And ultimately, we are aiming for FAT loss, not weight loss (remember, muscle pound for pound takes up MUCH less space than fat.) Our digital scales at home lists these things, but unless you get an acutal DEXA scan with a certified professional, you can throw your body fat, water, and bone percentages out the door. Our scales are just not accurate. For example, my scale says I at 39.99% body fat. My doctor's DEXA scan from last week shows me at 31.02%. A DEXA scan takes in a lot more than our feet simply standing on two metal strips on the scale. And is a lot more accurate....and can get you your "true" weight goal ideal. The BMI chart is flawed...it does not take into consideration your build...small vs medium vs large, athletic vs skinny, and all that jazz. The BMI chart says I should be between 115-155. But based off my muscle mass and actual fat mass, I should not go below 160...or I will be cutting into muscle loss. We don't want that...not when we don't get a choice in the matter of what muscle is taken...and one of our most important organs is muscles...you know, the heart :)

A better and truer gage to weight loss is the tape measure. Don't get me wrong...use a scale too! But use a tape measure as well. When the scale moves the wrong way or when it stalls, as long as you are still on plan, the tape measure will show you going down. I've had 5 pound gains (yeah water!) but still managed to lose 7 inches all around in as little as a week. Had I gone by scale alone, I would have been discouraged, and likely given up. But since that tape measure showed something WAS happening, I stayed the course.

Find encouragement where you can...and by george, that is most certainly one of the places you can find it. :) Look at irish - plateau since April...but just recently found herself in a XS. I remember a size 14 being snug on her :)

ShootingStar
07-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Hi all, :grouphug:
Hey Z-Mom, that keto calculator thing is pretty cool. Looks like it wants me to weigh 144 lbs though. Um, no. Haven't been there since I was 19, and at that time I was bulimic, rode my bike like crazy, and subsisted mostly on apples. :eek:

At almost 50, I am not so concerned with being a stick, but being able to maintain a reasonable weight and keep my mobility.

Today was caramel pudding for breakfast, lemonade drink, brownie bar for breaks, and it looks like lemon pudding for after work. Marinated chicken kabobs for dinner with salad, then chocolate pudding for dessert.

Q for the day: What do you use for salad dressing? I use Walden Farms, but I also like Newman's Own light vinaigrette. I read the label, and it has very low carb/sugar counts. Salsa is pretty good as well. Plain lettuce doesn't do it for me. Any other suggestions?

zoesmom
07-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi all, :grouphug:
Hey Z-Mom, that keto calculator thing is pretty cool. Looks like it wants me to weigh 144 lbs though. Um, no. Haven't been there since I was 19, and at that time I was bulimic, rode my bike like crazy, and subsisted mostly on apples. :eek:

At almost 50, I am not so concerned with being a stick, but being able to maintain a reasonable weight and keep my mobility.

Today was caramel pudding for breakfast, lemonade drink, brownie bar for breaks, and it looks like lemon pudding for after work. Marinated chicken kabobs for dinner with salad, then chocolate pudding for dessert.

Q for the day: What do you use for salad dressing? I use Walden Farms, but I also like Newman's Own light vinaigrette. I read the label, and it has very low carb/sugar counts. Salsa is pretty good as well. Plain lettuce doesn't do it for me. Any other suggestions?

LOL! yeah, it put me at a low weight too, until I tweaked with it. I exercise heavily, so I eat any salad dressing I want, since WF is gross to me (dressings are at least.). In the beginning though, I made my own honey mustard using WF syrup and mustard. A Google search for Ideal Protein salad dressings will pull a ton of approved recipes....I have used many of them. Some are decent....some not so much.

How's the lemon drink-I ALMOST bought it but chickened out and got the Protidiet blueberry pancakes instead....which are surprisingly decent I might add :D

zoesmom
07-17-2013, 07:45 AM
:dance: 230.1 as of this morning. Almost in a new decade...and just might actually make my goal of 225 by August 1st :D

irish51
07-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Popping in real quick (have the baby) to say yay zoesmom!!! You are so going to make that goal .

:cb::cp::dance::cheer3::cheer2::cheer2::congrat:

TaeBean37
07-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Irish!
Zoesmom, good luck with your goal!

As for myself I can't say that the past couple days have been 100% on plan. I am not going to make excuses but I knew I would have trouble starting this while my husband was at home. That is one of my habits that I am wanting to break with WS and that is to quit eating every time my husband wants to eat if I am not hungry and then also eating everything he eats and sometimes as much as he does! I wanted to start WS when he went back on the road which I thought was going to be Monday, then it was Tuesday and he ended up leaving this morning(Wednesday). I wanted to start when he wasn't home because then if I get in this groove of WS plan then maybe I can override my habits that I have when he is home. He will probably be gone for 12 to 14 days this time, so that gives me time to get a routine with WS going and then see some weightloss as a motivator to keep going when he is home. I say all this because every weight loss plan I have ever embarked on, I am awesome at it while I am home alone and then when he comes home it's like I live a completely different life and because we spend so much time apart I want to do EVERYTHING with him and that includes eating. It is going to be hard but that's another reason why I wanted to go with WS is because I want a better wt. loss per week than other plans so I can always see my progress faster and maybe, just maybe that will keep me on plan when he is home. I haven't really even told him I am doing this because I have tried and failed at so many other attempts at weight loss that I know he would just not believe I will follow through this time either. He supports me and is fine with me wanting to lose weight but I just don't think he believes me when I say this time I will do it. I've said it all before....I haven't told a single other person I know that I am doing this either for the same reasons. This is why I reached out to this forum. I want to talk about it with people who are experiencing the exact same thing as me on the same plan. No one else in my life is like me and they've all heard my plans before and seen me give up and fail. One day I will tell them what I did when the weight is gone.

Anyway, thanks for listening all. I am considering today as my first true WS on plan day. So far I like all the products I have tried except I didn't like the frosted chocolate chip cookie.

Tifftastic05
07-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Irish - Congrats on the run! I can't wait until I can start running more.

Zoesmom - Your progress is awesome! Good luck with your goal.

Irish and Zoesmom - I tried the fudge and I liked it. I'm a chocolate person, but I'll have to pick up the vanilla next if both of you like it better.

Nimblegranny - Congrats on the pants. It's like going shopping in your own closet. :)

Taebean - I know you can do it! The first couple days I had trouble not eating what my husband was, but like you said, once I got into the swing of it, it's gotten easier. And I think you wanting to inspire others is an awesome goal. :)

I've done really well this past week. Today's my 7th day and I am excited to weigh in tomorrow. I know even if I haven't lost much, I definitely don't feel as bloated. My dress pants for work were super tight, and now they're comfortable. So far I've enjoyed all the foods I've tried, but the shakes are my favorite by far.

TaeBean37
07-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Congrats on the comfy pants Tiff!:carrot:

zoesmom
07-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Tae - It takes time but you WILL overcome your obstacles if you keep with it. I went feeling food was the only way to be social or interact with others to the thought of food only being a requirement to live. I don't need to eat to be social. I need to be social and eat only when hungry. I was a good 5 months in before that hit me. Give it time. Have a shake instead of a bag of chips. Have some celery instead of the hot wings. Have a Morning Star hotdog instead of the Ball Park hotdog...and only have one. Make small minor adjustments as you go and slowly increase them. Don't try to do it all at once...that is a set up for feeling like a failure when you don't meet the standard you set yourself up for. It is all in the baby steps. It takes moving a pebble at a time to move a mountain. You'll be fine...just keep at it. :)

AND! I AM IN A NEW DECADE!!!!!!!!! 229 ON THE NOSE! The best part of coming out of a plateau...the "whoosh" that follows! :D

zoesmom
07-18-2013, 09:38 AM
I want to take a moment and show acutal proof of averages. I just looked over my handy dandy spreadsheet that I keep where I log my daily and weekly weights. Mondays are my "official" days.

I hit a plateau that lasted roughly 4 weeks on 6/17. I was stuck at 236.7 to 236.9 the entire time. Then, on 7/10 I suddenly started dropping. Today, I am sitting at 229. So, in just 8 days, I have dropped roughly 8 pounds, or a pound a day. That does not mean this trend will continue...but it holds what I have said in the past about weight loss not being linear. Despite that I have lost such an massive weight in a short time, my weight loss still averages to roughly 2 pounds a week...and that is also despite my stalls. So...when you stall...keep going. I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it :)

ShootingStar
07-18-2013, 11:21 AM
:carrot: :cb: :broc: Zoesmom!

Nimblegranny
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I wanted to start when he wasn't home because then if I get in this groove of WS plan then maybe I can override my habits that I have when he is home. He will probably be gone for 12 to 14 days this time, so that gives me time to get a routine with WS going and then see some weightloss as a motivator to keep going when he is home.

TaeBean, 12-14 days is a good stretch of time for you to log in some new behaviors and some weight loss success as well. Just keep doing it day by day and don't worry about the last time and the time before. This is a plan that works if you follow it, you can't miss. If you get hungry add a shake or even a bar. Read back over the past WS forums, there are lots of golden nuggets of advice about how to get creative with the packets and the flavors if you get bored. Personally, the more boring my food is the better. It's when I'm all excited about it that I get in trouble. :hug:

Nimblegranny
07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I tried the fudge and I liked it. I'm a chocolate person, but I'll have to pick up the vanilla next if both of you like it better.

I'm not a fan of the vanilla, think it has a nasty aftertaste. But I keep some around to use as creamer in my coffee, and to add fruit to when I want a smoothie. But I don't buy anything but mocha and dark cocoa anymore for shakes and puddings. They are yummy to me. :D

irish51
07-18-2013, 04:57 PM
TaeBean Don't think too far in advance. Concentrate on getting through today and tomorrow. You will get the hang of the WS program. Once you see the scale moving downward, you will not want to eat what your husband is eating.

As for the frosted chocolate chip cookie, I nuke mine. I save it for my after dinner desert. I have never been a desert eater, but on this program I am. So, what I do is I wait until about 8:00 P.M and than I place my cookie on a small saucer, put it in the microwave for 13 seconds, take it out and eat it with a fork! I know sounds weird, but this way I savor it. I like the chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies warmed up , better than out of the package.:smug:

Tifftastic05
07-18-2013, 09:33 PM
According to my phone last Thursday I weighed 194.4. This morning I weighed 189.2. :cb: I am excited!

zoesmom
07-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Tiff - That is FANTASTIC! A 5.2 pound loss in a week is amazing! Kudos to you! Don't expect every week to be this awesome of a loss...but don't down play what you have accomplished in the same token. You rocked! :D :high:

irish - AND WHY haven't you given me that heated cookie advise in the past? :club: And here I thought you were my buddy o' friend o' pal ;) Gonna have to try that tonight....

Tae - Nimble is right. 12-14 days will set you on a path that will start forming a habit. My doctor told me the hardest part is the first few days, then the first few weeks, but by week six or eight, a habit should formed, as that is the average time it takes us to form a habit. Be weary though...it only takes 48-72 hours to break a habit :)

Yesterday I had a wardrobe malfunction. A shirt I THOUGHT would be okay was WAY too big...in the shoulders. Down it went. So, I had to go shopping. ALL my clothes, aside from a few things I held onto through the years, are simply just too big! I started off in the plus section. After trying on 9 outfits, I finally gave up and went to the regular section. I felt SO out of place, being the largest one over there. But...after trying on a few outfits, I was surprised to learn...I CAN FIT IN THEM! It is the largest size they offer, but they fit! I am no longer considered PLUS! :D :woohoo:

Scale went down AGAIN! 228.5. Can hardly wait for my official weigh in on Monday! Going to be a HUGE loss week! :D

punmama
07-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Zoesmom! It is a very nice feeling to know that you are no longer considered a "plus size". I myself went from a size Large in blouses to a Medium. I felt like I was "normal" again. My pants went from an 18 to a 14 and I am getting ready to look at the size 12's. I haven't been that size since I was 28 years old. 25 years ago. When you see the clothes get smaller you know you are on the right track.

I like the chocolate chip cookies with icing just plain out of the package. I will have to try nuking them for a few seconds. Never thought of that. Not a fan of the oatmeal raisin ones though

TaeBean37
07-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Zoesmom you are doing awesome!!!!! And thank you again for the advice.

Also thank you to nimblegranny and irish, you are all being so helpful! Congrats again to tifftastic for more wt. loss.

This is why I reached out for advice, hoping to get great help from people like you. You are all right, I just need to keep my head up, looking forward, and take it one day, even one meal at a time. It's good advice we can all live by and I really appreciate the encouragement. Congrats to all on your victories and good luck to all on your next weigh ins.:hug:

As for the food update for me I don't like all the sweet stuff so often, so I am sending back alot of the shakes and puddings, the bars and the desserts in exchange for the non sweet stuff like the entrees and the omelette and soup meal replacers. All the non-sweet stuff I have really liked, like the spicy pasta, the tomato soup and the omelette. If I have to eat another one of those cookies I will gag (sorry Irish and punmama) heated or not. I really only like something sweet for breakfast and sometimes I want dessert and sometimes not. I think I will stick to it better this way. I should have thought about that when I ordered but I guess I didn't think having a shake or a cookie or a pudding that often would be that big of a deal but it is. I have always been one to choose chips over cookies. I have a salt tooth. So I have a few shakes and smoothies and puddings left for when I want something sweet and the cereals and oatmeals for breakfast and I will eat my sweets around my saltys instead of the other way around. I hope I am making sense!

Tifftastic05
07-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks Zoesmom and Taebean. I know most of that was water, but I'll still excited about th motivation. I've still been doing well on the plan. I stole a recipe off a medifast board and made these delicious bagels with a tomato and vegetable cheese packets today. I put part of a laughing cow on top, yum!

zoesmom
07-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks Zoesmom and Taebean. I know most of that was water, but I'll still excited about th motivation. I've still been doing well on the plan. I stole a recipe off a medifast board and made these delicious bagels with a tomato and vegetable cheese packets today. I put part of a laughing cow on top, yum!

Post the recipe ;)

irish51
07-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Everyone seems to be doing really well.

I am still stuck in my plateau, I had the baby from Thursday through Sunday, so I couldn't work out other than running after him. I won't have him again until Friday this week....so this morning I got up and ran 1 mile. I will try to get in another mile this afternoon.

Tifftastic05
07-22-2013, 07:06 PM
The thread it came from said that you can substitute any flavor of soup, not just tomato, and can vary the herbs. (Not sure if I can link to it. Let me know if anyone wants the link).

Here's the recipe:.

1 packet Tomato Soup.

1 packet Scrambled Eggs.

1/4 tsp Garlic Powder.

1/2 tsp Dried Basil.

1 tsp baking powder.

4 tablespoons water.

It is thick and gloppy, you're going to need a plastic spatula but make it into two small bagel shapes on tin foil sprayed with cooking spray. Then I baked it at around 375 for about 12 - 13 minutes. Oh, and I think the batter does smell a little off-putting, but it bakes up fine..

This makes two nice round bagels that are thick enough to slice into half (so you can toast it/spread cheese on it!) with a great texture and taste..

This makes 2 meals.

ShootingStar
07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Weighed on Monday instead of Sunday this week, down 1.2 this week. Not a surprise, as there was eating out one day, maybe two. Back on plan Monday though, and any loss is a good loss!

punmama
07-23-2013, 11:48 AM
I need some support please. My elderly aunt went into the hospital on Saturday. They discharged her and while I was visiting her on Sunday with my boyfriend, the ER doctor called her at home and said that she was to be admitted right away. Therefore I did not have my shakes or lean and green with me all day Sunday and started eating from the vending machines. The cafeteria was not open and there really isn't any place to go for food around there. Needless to say I can not stop eating now. I do well for breakfast and mid morning snacks but then it goes down hill. Haven't eaten sweets though.
Please someone give me a little kick in the butt to tell me to stop this insanity. It only takes one situation for me to get off program.
I would really appreciate it.

zoesmom
07-23-2013, 12:30 PM
punmama - first and foremost, do not kick yourself too hard. We are human. Stuff happens.

Now...put down that bag of chips or whatever it is you have in your hand. If you don't have any shakes, bars, or meals with you, find the best alternative. Jack's Links are fairly low in fat, calories, and carbs but high in protein (and sodium.) Pork skins, while a wee high in fat, are not all that bad, in the grand scheme of things (although, I HATE the taste of them!) Find some hard boiled eggs. Almost everyone has snack packs of celery and carrots. Find alternatives. This si test number one for you. Mine was back in February when my dear pappy died. I know what you are going through.

It is okay to slip. It happens. But continuing to slip is not. So you slipped. So what. Now get back up. Start up where you left off. And move forward. It is better to not slip, but if you do, it is better to slip one meal, than a day, one day, than a week, one week than a month.

And remember, this is an INVESTMENT in your health. The stuff is too damned pricey to waste on binge eating. :)

You'll do fine, promise. We all slip. That isn't failure. It's the not getting back up again that is. And I KNOW you are going to get back up :)

punmama
07-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Thank you Zoesmom. I will have to ride out the stress I am going through now and since I am only human can not feel guilty or bad for a few slip ups once in a while.

Your words to me mean a lot.

Tifftastic05
07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Punmama, I'm sorry about your aunt. Family emergencies are always a hard thing to go through, and I know what I eat is the last thing on my mind. But I will tell you that it was reading posts like yours that helped give me motivation to start. And remember that you've already stuck to the plan before and can do it again. I know everyone else here is supporting you and know you can do it as well!

Nimblegranny
07-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Thank you Zoesmom. I will have to ride out the stress I am going through now and since I am only human can not feel guilty or bad for a few slip ups once in a while.

zoesmom, a great pep talk, you're the best at those!

punmama, just start again right now. Plan for the next meal or snack, remember what you did to be successful before, and just repeat that. Maybe plan for several days. Planning helps me to stay on track. Be prepared for everything and remind yourself how far you've come while preparing. There will always be times of stress. You've got this!:hug:

goddessmeg
07-24-2013, 01:16 PM
And I'm back. Again.

A couple of years ago, I tried WS, loved it and lost 17 pounds. You know how they say people gain weight between Thanksgiving and New Years, yeah, they got that from me. And I couldn't get back with the program.

Last summer, I was invited to be part of an obesity study. One group got free JC for a year, the other group did "normal measures." Guess what group I got? Yeah, not the JC. (oh, and guess who paid for the study??? Yep, JC). I did end up losing 13 pounds, put have now put most of it back. So it's time to get serious again.

My husband and I want to visit relatives in CA over Christmas and we both want to look fab. So here we go. Again.

So far today, so good. I even turned down a home-made chocolate chip cookie.

goddessmeg
07-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Woo hoo! I had a great 1st day back on WS. My husband might not agree as I was super cranky until I had dinner! 1.2 pounds down in 1 day!

FattyFatFat
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM

Your words to me mean a lot.

Those are going to happen, especially when stressed. You just have to accept them, but keep it moving at the same time. Just don't 'give in' and let those slip-ups become a habit and you will be fine !!!

zoesmom
07-25-2013, 06:33 PM
:welcome: goddess! Good thing the crankies go away after a few days :)

:wave: HI FFF! I always love seeing your random appearances!

punmama - how are you doing?

Star - a loss is a loss. And better than a gain. 1.2 pounds is actually pretty decent, all things considered. Take that as the achievement that it is!

Tiff - thanks for the recipe. Will have to attempt it myself :)

irish - isn't running just the best? :D Hope your scale moves soon. Out of curiosity...do you know your mass body fat percentage? Maybe, just maybe mind you, you don't have any more to lose? I mean, my lean body mass is 139 pounds...so in theory, I can NEVER get below 160 despite the fact that the BMI chart says I should be at 145. Just a thought...

Me...no loss. Bad lung flair up due to this damnable humidity so my exercise has stopped rather quickly. And I am still eating as if I am exercising (dummy!) So...maybe next week I'll see a downward trend? maybe...if not, oh well. Such is life. Not giving up. Not yet.

Tifftastic05
07-26-2013, 01:57 AM
Summer finals week is kicking my butt, so just popping in quickly to say week 2 weigh in was today (Thursday the 25th) and I was at 185.8 this morning! That's another 3.4 lbs gone this week.

Hope everyone else is having a good week! And I'll be back more frequently next week during my week break between semesters. :)

Larkhaven
07-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi,
Just completed day 1 of wonder slim with no cheating. It was very doable. I started off this am at 198.5 and I am 5' 4". My weight has gradually gone up and up over the past 15 years. I think I am at the point where I need to give up all processed carbohydrates. Once I start eating them I have no will power. I did find it difficult to drink enough water today. I only got about 32 oz down. I will check in on a regular basis. Love this board.

irish51
07-27-2013, 10:10 AM
zoesmom Yes, I love running! I don't know my mass body fat percentage. I need to find out how to figure that.

:welcome2: goddessmeg Hope you are doing well.

:welcome3: larkhaven glad you are joining us. If you have any questions, just ask, we will try to help in any way we can. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
(Pssst...the first 3 days can be the hardest!) I hear you on the carbs, they are my downfall.:(

ShootingStar
07-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Removed 3.2 lbs this week.

Lark, it seems hard to give up the "fun" carbs, but within a week it will be easy.

YaY Tiff!

Larkhaven
07-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Irish and Shooting Star- thanks for the encouragement!

Day 2

SW 198.5
CW 196.5
Total lost 2lbs
Days w/out bingeing 2

I work on the weekends because I have 4 children still at home and I am a SAH mom during the week. Today I worked a 12 hr shift. I ate 3 bars and a large salad. Last night I packed my WS foods, shaker cup, and salad dressing , but I waited until this morning to make my salad. Evidently at 5:45 am my brain was not firing on all circuits because I made a huge salad with lettuce and tomatoes but forgot to put the protein in , of course, this occurred to me 1/2 way into my 45 minute commute. I went down to the cafeteria at lunch and got carried away- bacon bits, chick peas, olives, hard boiled eggs, and croutons. I added these to the salad I had brought from home. I also had 3 packs of crackers.
What I learned: I must completely plan , portion and pack my food the night before. This will be crucial for my success. I did slightly better on the water today. Getting ready to make tomorrow's salad right now- good night!

zoesmom
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
:welcome: Lark

Yep, planning is important! The bars have insanely high amounts of carbs, all things considered, so where one day won't make or break you, continuing that trend will send you to the point of wanting to rip your hair out as you watch the scale stall.

If it helps....make your foods the night before. Whereas they are not "shelf stable" you can make them 12-24 hours in advance and keep them in the fridge or chilled until you need them. When you do that, add about an extra ounce of water to your meals that need to be cooked so that when you reheat, you don't end up with a weird texture.

It helps to always have an extra shake packet or two in your purse in case of an emergency (I keep one soup packet and one vanilla on me.) If you find yourself in a crunch, they give you that protein you need without adding any unnecessary fat, carbs, or calories to your mean.

For example...good for you for having the salad! But remember, that olives at 25 calories per tablespoon...and have a lot of fat and carbs. Bacon has a lot of fat. The serving size for croutons is 5...and they pack a whooping 17 carbs. Eggs have a lot of fat (egg whites are "free" however) and I have no stats on chickpeas :D

My point is, you started off right, but be mindful of what you add to your salad. A lot of people assume that a salad is the healthiest option when they eat out, say at a restaurant. But many times, the 6 ounce steak with a side of broccoli will only net 400 calories and that salad will net over 1000 because of what is added.

Please, please, please don't take what I am saying as negative. It took me a good 3 months to figure it out. You are already leaps and bounds ahead of me as you are already commenting on better planning! Had that occurred to me way back when, maybe I would have moved a bit more on the scale :D

Anyways....looking forward to hearing how you are doing and follow your process along the way! And 2 pounds in 2 days? Man! ROCK THAT!!! :five"

Shooting - YEAH!!!!!

Me...day 5 of predisone. Which means I have netted a freaking 7 pound gain. I hate predisone. Sigh. I was SO close to getting to my next mini goal. :(

Larkhaven
07-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Day 3

SW 198.5
CW 195
Total lost 3.5 lbs

Zoesmom thanks for the tips. I don't view them as criticism at all! I welcome the suggestions and feedback. How many bars would you limit yourself to per day? I have found them to be the tastiest thing I've eaten so far plus they are so convenient. It is easy for me to grab a bar versus overeating or going off plan. However, I know I can pre-mix the shakes the night before if necessary. I will also keep in mind your comparisons of protein + veggie versus salad with a lot of add-ins.
I worked 7-3 today. I find I am generally hungrier in the morning. I had my first meal at 6am before I was feeling extremely hungry. That worked out pretty well. I had 2 shakes, 3 bars and a salad with lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, banana peppers, cucumbers, and dressing. I had 48 oz of water. I totally stayed on plan today but definitely hit " the wall" the afternoon/ evening.

Zoesmom- sorry to hear about your weight gain with the predisone. I've been reading back through some old threads. You have ARDS , right? Are you on the predisone because of a flare? How long will you have to take it? I am familiar with ARDS and I know that is a very serious diagnosis. Hopefully, the weight will drop off as soon as you finish the predisone.

Okay, enough fun for one day. I am headed towards bed.

irish51
07-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Lark glad you are doing so well. As zoesmom said, watch out with those bars. I tend to stay away from them, because of their higher calorie / carb count.

When I do have them on hand, I limit myself to one bar per day. I do the shakes/puddings. If I make the shake in the morning, I add cold water and ice. I usually do the pudding, afternoon and or evening. I mix the pudding in a mug with diet cream soda or diet root beer.

I went out for dinner a few times last week, gained 2 lbs, but have taken it off over the weekend. :woohoo: I am now back on plan and hoping to break this plateau soon.:goodvibes

Tifftastic05
07-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks Shootingstar. You're doing awesome!

Welcome lark haven, you and I had similar starting stats. :) I haven't had any of the bars so I have no help to offer there, but lately I've been pressed for time and I've been loving making a pudding the night before, and just grabbing it on the way to work. It's quick and a nice change of pace.

Zoesmom, I'm sorry that your medicine gave you a bad week, but I love how positive and helpful you always are no matter what's going on. I don't know how long you have to take it, but it won't hold you back for long.

zoesmom
07-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Lark - The rule of thumb is, if it has more than 10g of net carbs, keep it to no more than one a day. I am pulling the number from my head, but I THINK most of the bars house between 15-18 net carbs. If you are hungrier in the morning, switch things up and have dinner for breakfast :) Make a southwestern omelet, or have ham and eggs with rutabaga hashbrowns (rutabaga is a GOD send for potato cravings!) or cauliflower "potato" rounds. Or...lean sirloin steak and eggs with zucchini muffins. Options are endless!

And the first 3-5 days are the hardest. After that, it gets super easy! To the point you are never really all that hungry and dread the thought of "having to eat". Imagine that! :lol:

Yes, I have ARDS. Was diagnosed last August after my O2 sats dropped to 42 and I spent a good chunk of time in ICU. My daughter had Strep B and had given it to me. Being an asthmatic, things like to go all crazy when they get to me and it quickly turned to streptococcus pneumoniae. I ended up with severe blockages in my lungs and scarred the majority of my left lung. I had no air movement in both upper and middle lobes and in the left lower lobe. I was told I had carbon dioxide posioning due to the blockages. I later developed a fungal infection and viral infection while in the hospital. My then 3 year old found me more or less in a coma and somehow had managed to drag my then 293 pound frame out of the bed. By the time she managed to wake me, she had been bawling her eyes out for who knows how long. To this day, she still gets scared if I fall asleep. I came home sometime in late August, early September and remained on an O2 tank up until November. I was told that the majority of people with ARDS make a full recovery and the first year is the time frame to know if you will be one of those people. I am not one of those. My doctors tired to push for me to file disability. I was told that I would likely not have any real quality of life. And I was told I would likely be on the O2 tank the rest of my life. I was 29 at the time and REFUSED to hear that my life was over and REFUSED to let my kid find me like that again, so I started making changes. My asthma went from moderate to severe because of how sick I was. I now cough up castings more often that not, something I never did pre-August 2012. I still have an O2 tank in my house. I have flair ups probably once every 8-12 weeks. And those flair ups tend to last about 3-4 weeks before I return to "normal". But I refuse to let it rule my life. When I am feeling well, I run. I lift weights. I play with my kid. I do everything I can to live my life to the fullest. Predisone ALWAYS sets me back. I usually end up with a 5-10 pound gain and I am ALWAYS on the junk for at least 2 weeks, sometimes longer. SO, my weight loss is fun trying to explain to people. First, I exercise, so that slows me down. Second, I take medications on ocassion that makes weightloss hard, if not impossible at times. But, I AM losing. Even if it IS slower than what many people would like. I go back to the doctor Thursday to find out if I have to stay on this junk past this week. I hope not. So far, I've been on it 6 days. Hoping I only have 8 more to go :)

It's rare finding someone who has heard of ARDS, much less knows of the complications that come with it. I usually just tell people it is like COPD, just not progressive. I know that isn't the case really, but they seem to understand a bit better when I say that :) Would I be safe to assume you are either a nurse or know someone with it?

irish - Oh how I hope you can get past this plateau! Don't they just suck!? Here's rooting for you!

Tiff - Thank you for the kind words. I try to stay positive. I find if I slip in a negative thought, it ruins me for a whole month and I just don't feel like dealing with that! I got too much on my plate to let negativity in! :) If you make the pudding the day before, have you tried making it making it the morning of for dessert after dinner? Stick that puppy in the freezer, once it is nice and frozen, drizzle some WF chocolate or caramel on top...YUM! Ice cream!

Nimblegranny
07-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Woo hoo - finally broke that two pounds off for a total of 25! :carrot: Working on the next five. :D

Well another issue has come up: sleep apnea. I told the doctor how sleepy and tired I am, EVERY DAY, no matter how much sleep I get I'm always sleepy and dragging it around in the mornings. To the point it's affecting my work. She scheduled a sleep study for Sunday and then I'll know for sure, but the initial consult suggests sleep apnea. At this point I'll do anything for relief. My DH wore a CPAP to bed so I know what that's like. This supposedly affects my weight loss, metabolism, my blood sugar, and everything else. I am hoping something this simple is all it is.

Glad to have everybody posting so much! I've just finished 12 weeks of WS and "only" lost 25; was hoping for a lot more when I started but this is a realistic plan, and I admit I'm not as strict now as I was in the beginning. I know what I have to do, I just sometimes fail to do it. It really helps to hear from everyone else.

I still live by my shakes and pudding, a bar a day, and a cereal every day. I could probably switch to regular cereal and just portion it out now that I'm used to just that amount. I love my yogurt every day too. The L & G is where I vary, I tend to have regular LF dressings on my salad, and I don't weigh my protein, just eat a healthy portion.

But I am ordering salads at restaurants or else meat and broccoli, and that's worlds away from what I was doing three months ago. It's become a habit, for sure. I just don't even think about it. So the good habits are happening and the shakes really keep me on track. I would recommend WS to anyone. If feel like I can very realistically stay on WS for as long as it takes to lose all the rest of this weight, down to goal. That's my plan: long term!! ;)

BTW, the POD has been picked up, photos of the house taken, and the listing appears today! I'm officially on the market! Wish me luck! :^:

goddessmeg
07-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey, all! I'm doing well. 4 days on and 2.8 pounds gone. I didn't strictly follow things this weekend; it's easier when I'm at work and have everything with me and nothing else to tempt me.

Tomorrow could be a challenge. A group of us go out for lunch on Tuesdays and I'm going to a baseball game (with a meal included) with the family. I've decided that I'm going to skip the lunch out and then do the best that I can with the "tailgate" buffet. No bun on the burger, etc.

irish51
07-29-2013, 03:38 PM
NimblegrannyI've just finished 12 weeks of WS and "only" lost 25; was hoping for a lot more when I started

Look at it this way, that averages out to be about 2lbs lost per week or 25lbs gone in 3 months. Congratulations !!:carrot::carrot:

Good luck with the house, I have my fingers crossed for you!

zoesmom Yep, this 3-1/2 month plateau is a bummer. I gained those 2 lbs last week, but was able to take it off over the weekend. Hopefully, I will start losing some of the "stuck on pounds". :smile:

goddessmeg Hurray for being down 2.8 lbs in 4 days.

Larkhaven
07-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Day 4

SW 198.5
CW 194.5
Total Lost 4.0
Days w/out bingeing 4

Irish-
"When I do have them on hand, I limit myself to one bar per day. I do the shakes/puddings. If I make the shake in the morning, I add cold water and ice. I usually do the pudding, afternoon and or evening. I mix the pudding in a mug with diet cream soda or diet root beer."

When you make the pudding which flavors do you mix with the diet sods?

Zoesmom-
Thanks for the info concerning the net 10 grams of carbs. That is good info /guidelines for me
"To the point you are never really all that hungry and dread the thought of "having to eat". Imagine that! " I am hopeful that day will come and I am looking forward to it."
I am not a nurse. I am a radiologic technologist. I work in a large medical center in the SE US in the CT Scan department. I know it is difficult to have a chronic medical condition. I love your determination and positive attitude. Your ticker says you have lost 64 lbs and that is impressive to me given all the challenges you face.
My oldest child is mentally/ physically challenged. Even though my life and his can be a little more difficult at times. I choose to focus on what we can do which is a lot and not on what can't be changed. I get that vibe from you too. Life is a precious gift- KWIM?

Nimblegranny- thanks for the reminder about habits. I need work on that front and
Goddess- I hope you were successful today.

I had 2 shakes and 2 bars today. I will try to get down to 1 bar/ day from now on. I need to carry my food with me so I'm eating at 2 hr intervals. I took the kids to the pool this afternoon and didn't have access to food. After the pool we ran by the grocery store and I forgot to buy lettuce which was one on the reasons I went there in the first place! Definitely feeling the brain fog over here. At that point I needed to fix dinner because my 11 yr old dd goes to Young Marines on Monday nights. I was in a bind because I was planning on another salad. I was starving. I typically go to a coffee shop while she's at Young Marines and hang out. The meeting are usually from 6:30-8:30. I was afraid if I waited to eat I would go crazy. I ended up measuring and eating 1/2 cup of chicken casserole and 1 cup of steamed veggies. I decided to forgo the last WS meal because the casserole was loaded with carbs. It's the casserole with shredded chicken and dressing. This is a big trigger meal for me. I totally had to white knuckle it but I made it. I was surprised that 1/2 cup + veggies did satisfy my physical hunger because I usually 2-3 times that amount.

What I learned: 1)I need to keep planning and being proactive. I'm not there yet but I am committed. 2) I have the determination to make it through uncomfortable situations at least for a little while.

punmama
07-30-2013, 08:48 AM
It is so nice to read so many new people here on this forum. I have been gone for a while due to the fact that I had no access to a computer or IPhone or the internet. My elderly aunt was in the hospital and I took care of her for several days while she was recuperating. She is on the mend and I had to go back to work.

Now that I am home and my routine is back to "normal" I am back to the WS plan. I am in the habit of eating one too many bars though and it is getting hard to kick that habit. I think to myself at least it isn't a candy bar i am eating.

As far as losing only 25 lbs think of it as lugging 5 5 pound bags of sugar around with you all day. Now you don't have to do that anymore. 25lbs is great!!

allthingsbright
07-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone! I haven't been on 3FC in forever! :D Back in 2002 I was down to 215 on WW but have slowly crept up over the years. I just can't seem to stay on WW. Ugh.

Today is day one of Wonderslim for me. I got into the products while trying to do the MF program and just LOVE their stuff, so am switching and starting over. I'd like to lose 80 lbs more but am going to take it one day/one meal at a time.

Let's see, I am a 40 yo wife, mother and nurse. Kinda boring otherwise! :)

So, I guess what's throwing me is that on WS you can have some fruit, dairy, and starch? Do you guys really have a small potato with dinner? I am so stuck in the MF mindset right now that I have a hard time wrapping my head around the plan.

Any tips for my just starting out? Thanks everyone--going to go read through the thread and hope I learn something!

Amy
288/267/180

goddessmeg
07-30-2013, 09:44 AM
I love the positive vibe on this thread! We're all strangers to each other, yet we are cheering each other on, offering support and advice. Wonderful!!

I'm down another .6 today, for a total of 3.4 pounds so far and it hasn't even been a week! I'm back in the 160's. I have been stuck in the 170's forever until I tried WS the first time. Then when I fell off the wagon, I hit a high of 178 just before I started the research study (of course I ate everything in sight, knowing that I'd be dieting soon). So it's a great thing to be going down again. I haven't seen the 150's in decades!!!

I use loseit.com to keep track of my food/calorie count each day. If you have a smart phone, you can get the app (for free) and scan bar codes of foods and it has all of the nutritional info right there. So cool!

Baseball game tonight. Let's hope the rain stops!!

zoesmom
07-30-2013, 09:44 AM
I have found that I had to completely eliminate the dairy, fruit, and starch. Some people need it. I am not one of those. I just added extra veggies to make up the lost calories.

The tips for starting out are the basic "first few days are the worse," "drink your water," and "hang in there". But really, most importantly, be prepared to be human. Whereas this stuff is crazy expensive to have tons of slips, know that a slip is not the end of the world. I have found, that counting calories while on WS has helped me start weaning off...while still having losses. Of course, right now that doesn't matter, thanks to predisone, but none the less, it has helped! Measure and weigh everything. When you guess, you will miss the mark 9 times out of 10 and I have found, for me, 50 calories can make a huge difference in whether I lose weight or not.

But...welcome! And I am stoked we have some many people on this thread! :D

zoesmom
07-30-2013, 09:45 AM
(Going to do personals a wee bit later - Sister is in the hospital and has me more or less preoccupied, but had to say hi to our newest member :) )

Nimblegranny
07-30-2013, 03:04 PM
allthingsbright, I don't have a starch every day for my L&G but sometimes I do. I eat grilled cheese sandwiches for L&G using a "diet" bun. Occasionally I'll have rice. I have stayed away from potatoes and pasta, but I have WS mac n cheese enough to be satisfied.

I have kept right to the book, pretty much. I have WS cereal in my nonfat yogurt every morning for breakfast with a shake. So there's a carb already. I have a fruit every day too, usually a banana, but I have it with my afternoon snack because that's when I get hungry, not morning. I'm not big on cutting out whole food groups altogether for myself, as I don't have any allergies or stomach issues, and I want to be able to eat all food groups again realistically without immediately gaining weight back. So this works for me.

I have a friend on Medifast who lost tons of weight immediately being super strict and we were all so excited. Now she is putting it all back on as soon as she started eating more "real" food and is very discouraged. And having a hard time getting back on strict program having had a taste of fruit and carbs and dairy.

So I remind myself it's much easier to stay on plan than to start all over again. The beginning is the hardest; after three months, for me, it's habit now and I'm proud of my portion control and staying the course through plateaus and disappointments. I'm in it for the long haul!

Tifftastic05
07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Zoesmom- no I hadn't thought to freeze it. I'll have to try that tomorrow. I did mix my pudding with diet root beer today, and it was really good. It tasted almost like a root beer float. I hope your sister is okay.

Nimblegranny- hooray for getting to 25. That's an awesome accomplishment! Good luck on the next 5 and on your house.

Goddessmeg- sounds like you're doing really well and making smart choices. The encouragement is what I love most about 3fc. These ladies are wonderful and I'm glad to have their advice. Have fun at your game!

Irish - I'm hoping for a whoosh for you! 3 1/2 months is long enough. :)

Larkhaven- congrats on the self-control with the casserole. I'm not sure I trust myself yet to be portion-controlled around my favorite foods. Being prepared is definitely what's helped me so far. I package my days into baggies at the beginning of the week, so then all I have to do is grab one.

Punmama- I'm glad to hear your aunt is doing better and you're back on plan. :)

Allthingsbright- I do not do the fruit, dairy, or starchy veggies. Occasionally I'll have a wedge of laughing cow cheese, but no more than 1-2x per week. It seems to have been working for me so far. I do have a lean and green meal for dinner. And I will add an alternate like a quest bar or eas shake if I exercised that day.

Tifftastic05
07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
As for me, I'm still pushing on. I had to cut back on the exercise due to school and now that I've got a week off, I'm going to start again. I stole another recipe off a medifast board. I really wanted some of my Gram's chicken and dumplings, so I made the next best thing for lunch tomorrow.

I'm not sure if chicken stock is okay, but I used low sodium, fat free, 1 carb per cup.

1 package chicken and vegetable cream soup.
1 TBSP egg white eggbeaters.
1/2 tsp baking powder.
2 TBSP water. (Or enough to make it into a thick paste.)
3 cups broth. (I added a bit of salt free mrs dash for flavor)

Mix the first 4 ingredients into a paste and bring the stock to a boil and drop small 1/2 tsp fulls into the broth, (they poof up). Then turn it down to simmer for 6-7 minutes. I used a slotted spoon to scoop out the dumplings and measured 3/4 cup broth into the bowl. I had 1 1/4 cup broth left that I dumped. So I logged 1 3/4 cups broth into my counter for tomorrow.

Larkhaven
07-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Hi gang,

I'm tired tonight so this will be short and to the point.

day 5

SW 198.5
CW 194
Total lost 4.5
Day w/out bingeing 5

Today I had 2 shakes, 2 bars , and for my L&G - 2 eggs, 1 strip of bacon, salsa, and 1/2 an avocado. I did not meet my goal of 1 bar per day but I am working on a food plan so I won't be so hungry that I feel I need the extra calories/ carbs that are in the bar. BTW, you guys are right those bars are loaded with carbs according to the label anywhere from 15-21 carbs per bar.

Good night!

goddessmeg
07-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Tifftastic: how did the chicken and dumplings taste? I wasn't wild about the soup when I first made it, so anything to change it up would be nice.

Lark: You're losing, whatever you're doing!!!

I survived the game last night. (I had a .2 gain, but I figure that was due to salt!). The "tailgate buffet" consisted of burgers, brats and pulled pork, potato chips and cole slaw. I took the pulled pork, without the bun and chips (I know! But the pork looked so lonely on my plate). Then at the game, I was hungry! So I got a diet soda (which I haven't had in a week!) and popcorn. That was soooo salty, so I'm really trying to drink water today to flush out my system.

angelamarie0217
07-31-2013, 02:44 PM
:carrot: Hi!!! I'm new to the group. My name is Angela and I should be receiving my first wonderslim shipment on Thursday. Not sure yet if I will start that day or next Monday yet. Just wanted to introduce myself to the group :) and say that I look forward to going on this journey with y'all (yes I'm Texan :) ). Can anyone let me know how I can get the weight loss ticker on my page/post??

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day!!!

allthingsbright
07-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I am on day three--already down 4 lbs of what I am sure is water weight. I work tonight and tomorrow night so am trying to plan well for that challenge! Trying to get in my water as well. Ok, off to work! See you all on the flipside ;)

zoesmom
07-31-2013, 05:48 PM
:wave: Hi angel! WOW we are starting to get busy :D You can't get a ticker until you have made 20 posts AND been here 20 days. It goes by quick, don't worry...but welcome...looking forward to your updates!

zoesmom
07-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Okay...time for personals. And then you will likely not see much of me until the 10th or 11th (VACATION!!! WOOT!!!)

Nimble - good luck getting your house sold. I know the market has picked up, so hopefully it will not take too long. 25 pounds in 12 weeks is really good. Especially considering you are over 40. Don't knock it. Besides, you fit perfectly in the WS "average" so it isn't "just 25 pounds", it is "25 POUNDS BABY! YEAH!!!"

I know carbs are a weird thing for many people. Some people can't eat more than 20g without gaining weight, and some can go as high at 400g a day. 70g is my sweet zone. diabetics tend to need more than those who are not diabetic. And it depends on your ability to not want carbs. I hate breads, corn, and potatoes. some people can get over not eating carbs...others need them. I am a mix. I have my days. but normally, I don't want them at all...they make me feel sick, so I have learned.

goddess - yeah for surviving game night! Don't sweat the .2 pound gain. It is bound to happen. Just remember, we go up and down regularly due to water retention.

:welcome: allthings - glad to have you! :) Kudos on the 4#s! I've found, a trick to getting all that water in is having mint leaves, lemon and lime slices, and lavander readily available. Gives the water a nice twist and keeps it from being so bland. Club soda is another great way....throw in a few splashes of Mio and you have a "soda" Although...I throw in sugarfree flavored syrups instead and make an Irish soda. But...it is still water.

Lark - looks like you are doing good so far...keep at it :)

irish - get out of that plateau yet? :D

Tiff - throw your recipe with measurements in the recipe maker on MyFitnessPall to get the values. It sounds good...and it doesn't sound too bad all things considered. I may have to try it out.

Me...no gain. no lose. Still on predisone. Sister is out of hospital currently. Leaving for vacation tomorrow. And probably going to be MIA. You ladies have a grand time! :D

Larkhaven
07-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Day 6

SW 198.5
CW 193
Total lost 5.5 lbs

Days w/out bingeing 6

Today I had 1 bar and 3 shakes. I made Asian lettuce wraps for dinner. I got the recipe from a medifast recipe website called Sandy's kitchen. I have got to find my food scale. I know I have one but right now it is MIA. I am trying to guess but I really need to be able to weigh the food to get an accurate amount.
I did okay with my water but not great. I found a WS product I really don't like- the Cappuccino hot drink. I am just not digging the taste of this one. However, I made a double shake using a creamy chocolate and the cappuccino and split in 1/2 for 2 meals. It came out pretty good. On the other hand, I tried the cheesecake today and it's fantastic.

Amy- welcome to the board. I just started last Friday.

Zoesmom- enjoy your vacay.

I can't believe tomorrow will be day 7. I am pleased with my progress so far.

zoesmom
08-01-2013, 08:16 AM
For what it is worth, I have NOT added everything I make to this....but it is a start. Maybe while I am on vacation I can get it better up to date. But...here's a few ideas for getting in your veggies or other lean and greens and for making "treats" with the packets...

MY WONDERSLIM APPROPRIATE RECIPES (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1STrZ0KgLTQr7s5VdxwCIfSi2ZNuZnWUi4J6eh-oF63o/edit?usp=sharing#)

Tifftastic05
08-01-2013, 08:26 PM
goddessmeg- It was really good. I ended up eating it before I went to work, and even though I didn't finish all of it, it was really filling. I wasn't even hungry when I had my break 3 hours later. I will definitely make it again, but next time I would let it simmer a few more minutes to give the dumplings a little firmer texture. And maybe add a little hot sauce.

zoesmom - Thanks for the recipes! I will be trying out some of them this coming week. I'm especially excited about the muffins. Have fun on vacation!

angela - Welcome! This is a great group, and it's exciting to have more people join!

allthingsbright- Congrats on the 4lbs! Water weight or not, it's still awesome. :)

Today was my week 3 weigh in! Down to 183.2. That's 2.6 down from last week, for a total of 11.2lbs. So far I've found everything to either be really good, or at least palateable (Looking at you chili), EXCEPT for the berry yogurt shakes. OMG. Yuck! They are disgusting. I won a lot off ebay that included 5 boxes of these! :( Anyone have any suggestions for these? Otherwise these are going back on ebay.

Good luck the rest of this week and this weekend, everyone! My best friends are coming into town tomorrow, and we are going to see the Back street Boys on Saturday. :D It'll be interesting sticking to plan this weekend, wish me luck.

Larkhaven
08-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Day 7
SW 198.5
CW 192.5
Total lost 6.0 lbs

Day w/out bingeing 7

Today I ate 1 bar, 2 shakes, 1 cheesecake, I had leftover Asian lettuce wraps. I still can't find my scale so I measured 1 cup of the meat and cabbage mixture. I also had 2 pork pot stickers leftover from last night's dinner. I should not have eaten these but I totally gave in to the temptation.

Zoesmom- thanks for the recipe collection. They look great. That's really thoughtful.

Tiff- There's no accounting for taste :) I love those berry yogurts . I blend them with frozen fruit usually blueberries and make a smoothie. I like the texture and the slightly sweet taste.

goddessmeg
08-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Welcome new peeps!

I'm finding that my obsession with food is lessening. Maybe it's that I know what I'll be eating, but I used to start each day thinking about where I'd go for lunch. One thing I seem to "crave" is chewing. I'm not a potato chips kind of gal, but when I do WS, I feel like I need to crunch on something. If only I could make it my stomach!!!

Hubby and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary (2 weeks early) this weekend. Theater tickets tonight, a mini vacation tomorrow.

angelamarie0217
08-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I am excited to be a part of this great group :). I will be starting my wonderslim journey on Monday!

FattyFatFat
08-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Awesome, and you are welcome! We look forward to keeping you motivated and hearing your success story in a few months when you breeze through this and reach your goals !!

irish51
08-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I was very busy last week, (watching baby grandson), so I am trying to catch up. Here goes, hope I do not miss anyone

angeleamarie:welcome2: So happy you have joined us. I look forward to hearing of your progress. If you need any help , encouragement, or a whack upside the head (meant in the nicest way) :lol: we are here for you!

goddessmeg Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. Hope you enjoy the theater and mini vacation.

Larkshaven 6 lbs in 7 days, you are doing great!

Tiff down over 11 lbs in 3 weeks..look at you go.

zoesmomHope you are enjoying your vacation. YEP, still stuck in that plateau, thanks for asking :D

punmama and nimblegranny :wave: :wave:

angelamarie0217
08-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know what the difference between the wonder slim products and the Bari products that diet direct sells are?

ShootingStar
08-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Blargh. I found 3 of the lbs I lost. That's what happens when you eat out too many times! Back on it today though and looking forward to losing those lbs.

Dietdirect.com had a sale on drinks and shakes, so I took advantage of that and ordered plenty of Mocha puddings.

I took my little Netbook computer in to be repaired, so I will be online more when I get it back. The poor little thing got its brain fried when I downloaded the prime version of my Avast! antivirus, and it squabbled with the original one it came with. Who knew? I didn't. It will be good as new, and they will see if it can take another GB memory as well. I only use it for email and web surfing, but I really miss it at work. I dearly love to read, but you can only do so much between calls.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Nimblegranny
08-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Well ladies, I sold my house in three days (two showings) for full listing price. They want to close Aug. 30.Yesterday I found the condo I wanted and am putting an offer on it today. Things are progressing quickly and I'm so surprised but glad I don't have to show the house anymore and keep Biskitt in the crate anymore.

My new kitchen is half the size of my current one, but it's big enough to hold my boxes of food which is what I'll be eating for a long time. :D I am 5 minutes from work and feeling really excited, it's exactly what I hoped for. But I have to do a lot of downsizing, especially letting go of my bins and bins of clothes of all sized. I'm trying to minimize and will go through everything smaller one more time and only keep the really cute stuff. Someone will be glad to find my larger sizes at Goodwill, I know I always was. Plus I have no garage, no third bedroom. Going to really be a challenge, but I'm feeling really good about the change. IT's been my experience that the more space you have, the more stuff you get to fill it up. So OVERBOARD with a lot of my stuff! Excitement!

I mix it up with the Bari foods and everything off the website. I don't just stick to WS foods. I need the variety and they are all protein dense and carb light and help me with my portion control.

angelamarie0217
08-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Congratulations on the contract!!! Wishing you a smooth closing!

angelamarie0217
08-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Today is my first day on my weightloss journey that will hopefully be my last. I feel like I have been in denial for sometime about the weight I've gained....and it still isn't a full reality to me. I don't know how to fully admit to myself that weighing this much is not okay.

I am hopeful about this journey but nervous about slipping up. Are we supposed to be working out on this diet.

Hope you all have a wonderful morning!!! Thank you for your support!!

punmama
08-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Nimblegranny, Congratulations on selling your house so fast and at the price you wanted. It must be a beautiful place. By the time you turn around August 30th will be here. I do hope you get moved into the condo you want before that. It is so nice that the new place will only be five minutes from work. The downsizing will keep you busy I am sure. You are right, the more space you have the more things you put into that space. With less space it will mean less things.

Angelamarie, today will also be my first day on WS, since I slipped up really bad these past few weeks. Always remember that IF you ever go off to get back on ASAP. I actually enjoy the program and feel reallly blah when I go off. You will understand that soon enough. If you need any help or encouragement this thread is the greatest. We are all here for each other.

Have a great day and don't look back. Look ahead.

Punmama

angelamarie0217
08-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Any tips on what to avoid? Or little things that help? Are we supposed to stay off coffee?

MadiCakes
08-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi Ladies! Glad to be here. Today is my first day on the Wonderslim diet. So far I have to say that the food isn't bad. I'm excited to start this and I WILL LOSE this weight!!

I am 39 years old and am going through premature menopause. About two years ago, when it really started kicking in, I gained about 20 lbs. in one year!! Ugh.

I really think the ease, and portion control, with Wonderslim will help me tremendously.

Questions...how do you ladies get those cute little figures in your signature, the ones that count down every 5 pounds? Also, how do I get a ticker in my signature? Thanks!

angelamarie0217
08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi Madi!! I started today as well!!! Look forward to going on this journey of weight loss together with you!!! :)

angelamarie0217
08-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Has anyone just done this diet liquids only? I am attempting to start off with the liquids and soups only, then phasing the foods in. I did a medical liquid diet before and the products are very similar.

Tifftastic05
08-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Hello to everyone who is new!

Nimble granny- congrats on your house! That's fast!

Madicakes- to add the little icons you can go to usercp in the upper left hand side of the site. Right under where it says Wonderslim 10. Then click on edit signature. You have to be here 20 days AND have 20 posts before adding a ticker, though.

My weekend was a blast! I'm up a pound from eating out (won't go into details but I was totally off plan all of sat and sun :( ) But it was definitely worth the friend time. I was so excited because my friends love shopping and I was actually able to fit into some Aeropostle clothes again. One dress is super cute blue lace, and was only $5! (+no tax weekend. Score!) I'm back on the wonderslim bandwagon again today. Good luck to everyone else this week! :)

angelamarie0217
08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Four pounds down from yesterday. I was very tired the whole day and know that it will take my body sometime to adjust. I'm not sure if we are supposed to have caffeine on this diet but I just added some coffee to my cappuccino flavored shake and it is pretty good :). Hope everyone else out there is being successful with their goals!!!

MadiCakes
08-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the information Tiff!

Well, I survived my first day of Wonderslim. I have to say that I am quite pleased with everything I've eaten so far. I didn't feel deprived of anything. I tried the vanilla shake in my coffee this morning and enjoyed that, although it almost seemed as if it were sweeter in the coffee than it was drinking it plain yesterday. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Larkhaven
08-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Last Friday was 1 week for me on Wonderslim. I lost 7.5 lbs. I weighed 191 and when I cross into the 180's that will be the lowest I've been in a long time. I got off track over the weekend dure to a family party but tight now I'm back in the saddle again.

Nimblegranny - congrats on your house. So glad you sold in 3 days - wow!

This is the last week before school starts. I love sleeping in to 7:30 versus getting up at 5:30.

Larkhaven

angelamarie0217
08-07-2013, 08:53 AM
I am down an additional 2 lbs today making my weight loss 6 lbs in a couple of day. I am thinking this is mainly water weight and the weight loss should slow down after my first week. I know that I should be ecstatic that I am down 6 lbs but I have mixed feelings with knowing how far I have to go...I am really upset that I have let myself get to this place.

Sorry that I am not more positive today...I know that I just need to take it one day and one meal at a time :). It is helpful to hear all of your support and progress!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

angelamarie0217
08-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Great job Larkhaven on staying with it!!! It will feel so good to see yourself getting into those 180s and being the lowest you have in a while!!

angelamarie0217
08-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Down 8 lbs today and at 200. Can't wait to see myself in the 190's and down 10 lbs for my first mini goal!! No cheating so far just have been drinking water, coffee once a day with a shake, and diet sodas. Sometimes I'll chew sugar free gum as a little extra treat.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! :)

MadiCakes
08-08-2013, 11:21 AM
After 4 days I am down 3.5 lbs. I know it will slow down and that I need to add some activity, but for now, that's motivation to keep going. I have to say that I like this plan so far and am enjoying the food. I had the apples and cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast this morning here at work and everyone kept asking what smelled so good! I don't care for instant oatmeal but this was good. My favorite thing so far has been the Lemon Bar....yumm!

angelamarie0217
08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Way to go MadiCakes!!! That is awesome!!! :carrot: I can't wait to start using the foods since everyone keeps saying how good they are!

MadiCakes
08-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Thank you!

I've stayed away from these packaged plans for a long while. Years ago I tried Nutrisystem and hated it. I thought the food was nasty, and the fact that I had to buy so much additional food really made it too expensive (as if it weren't already!). But, I really do like the Wonderslim products so far, with the exception of the Creamy Chicken and Vegetable soup. That was odd. Next time I may try to add some chicken and veggies to it and see how that goes.

angelamarie0217
08-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Haha!!! That's good to know as the creamy chicken and vegetable soup is my favorite!! Means it's only up hill from here :) !!

MadiCakes
08-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Too funny! Then you should be in good shape as far as liking the food :)

angelamarie0217
08-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Just tried the dark cocoa to make a pudding with and it was super yummers!!! Now if my room mate would just stop cooking this delicious smelling pork loin in the other room....eeek!!!

angelamarie0217
08-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Well I only lost .6 lbs today...I'm saying "only" because compared to the rest of the days it's slowing down :) I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday and had been drinking coffee and diet dr. Pepper. I read some of the earlier threads and learned just how important water is to this whole process....

Off to chug a couple morning glasses!!! :D hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

angelamarie0217
08-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Just had Pho broth for lunch since my coworkers went out....much nicer than the soup!! We will see it may be a staple switch out!

MadiCakes
08-12-2013, 09:52 AM
I made a shake up on Friday and stuck it in the fridge at work, and forgot about it. Will it still be good to drink today? Not sure what the shelf life is once they're mixed. Thanks!

zoesmom
08-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I'M BACK! Will read through all the posts as soon as I can...but :wave: HI GANG! MISSED YA!

angelamarie0217
08-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Well I slipped up this weekend...I think I'm going to have a free day once a weekend since I am doing the strict liquid diet to give myself a break? Thoughts?

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

goddessmeg
08-12-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm back and I'm back. Up 1.6 pounds, which isn't a surprise since I was totally off program from Tuesday - Sunday. I need to make a shake, but I'm stuck on hold, reporting fraud on my credit card. AGAIN. I just had to cancel this card in June and now "they" have my new card number. So annoying!

angelamarie0217
08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
So sorry to hear about your card problems goddessmeg :( I just went through the same thing so I know what a hassle it can be!! Hang in there!

angelamarie0217
08-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Just realized that this will be my 20th post and I am excited to get my ticker as I am very visual!! Does it automatically show up or do I go somewhere to add it?

punmama
08-13-2013, 10:08 AM
I would like to be visual but I am not computer savvy at all, even though I use the computer at work 99% of the time. Please someone help with the ticker.

I have just ordered more of the bars since I have been eating them up and don't have enough for another 12 weeks. I know they are higher in carbs but not as high as a candy bar.

I am glad that everyone is still here and not quitting.

zoesmom
08-13-2013, 11:12 AM
The best place I have found for a ticker is TickerFactory.com Once you have it set up, grab the HTML code and pop it into the signature line of your profile.

etkids
08-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone that is participating in the Wonderslim plan. I am on Day 7 of the diet and am hoping to lose 42 pounds in all. I would love to see or hear others share tips and successes and failures... I personally am struggling with getting anymore than 850 calories at most in but I am trying to force myself into more. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the group and look forward to chatting with you all :)

punmama
08-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi and welcome etkids. I love Wonderslim. I sometimes like it too much since I had to order more of the bars this week. Had too few left for the 12 week program.
I know that zoesmom posted her likes and dislikes of a lot of the products as well as some recipes and tricks to get the pasta soft enough.
She is a great woman who will help you throughout your journey I am sure.

I do know that I like most of the meals and meal replacement shakes. I use a magic bullet blender, put in 10oz of water instead of 8 and some ice cubes and blend the shake. It comes out like a milkshake and is very creamy that way.

I have never had a struggle with the calories so someone else can help you with that one.

Welcome.

Tifftastic05
08-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Welcome etkids! I haven't had a problem getting enough cals, but if you are feeling too full, try making some shakes into pudding. There is less volume and you might be able to squeeze in an extra meal.

Goddessmeg- Man! That is horrible! Do you think they are getting your number from the same place?

As for me, well, I was down to 180! But, last week I had a run in with my husband's birthday food and cake, then over the weekend my husband and I drove to our hometown ad I had my gram's homemade breakfast, and then our anniversary dinner, so I am back to 183.4 again. (It was higher, eek!) but that's still 11lbs lost for last month.

I get paid on Friday and was really contemplating joining the Gold's Gym in my town. I think that the monthly charge would motivate me to move more consistently. I may even go out of my comfort zone and try a yoga class. (I am afraid of classes since I am shy and don't want to feel judged) anyone ever been to a class?

MadiCakes
08-14-2013, 11:31 AM
I hate, hate, hate the vanilla shake. I have 4 more of those bad boys to force down. Anyone have any tips or tricks on how I can make them more palatable? I did blend one with fresh strawberries and while I liked the taste, I didn’t care for the texture as it made it kind of slimy. Would frozen strawberries, or other fruit, be better suited for that?

MadiCakes
08-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the group etkids! I am a newbie myself. I’m on my second week of the program. I have found that I have to force myself to get enough calories in as well. What motivated me was this…I made a spreadsheet outlining everything I was supposed to have each day on the plan, including the fruit/protein/starch/etc.. As I ate/drank the item I made a little check mark noting that I had it. I weighed myself EVERY DAY that first week. I noticed that I had a better loss on the days that I actually consumed at least 1000 calories than I did on the days I only had say 800-900 calories. I have been attempting to get AT LEAST 1000 calories per day. I also keep track of my daily intake on SparkPeople so that I can ensure I’m getting what I’m supposed to be. I probably shouldn’t do this, but when I’m in need of that extra little bit of calories, I just grab a wonderslim gourmet bar because they’re like a little treat to me. Hope that helps!

punmama
08-14-2013, 01:58 PM
MediCakes,
Have you tried putting some cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract in the vanilla shake before you blend it? I really like it that way. Tastes like egg nog. Unless you don't like egg nog that is : -)

zoesmom
08-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Make a root beer float with the vanilla. Tastes pretty good :) Or an orange cream soda. just make sure to use diet pops. OR! Put 5 or 6 squirts of a flavored Mio you like in your water, add the vanilla...and WOW that is some good stuff! (I hate the vanilla too :D)

Nimblegranny
08-15-2013, 02:44 PM
I hate, hate, hate the vanilla shake. I have 4 more of those bad boys to force down. Anyone have any tips or tricks on how I can make them more palatable? I did blend one with fresh strawberries and while I liked the taste, I didnít care for the texture as it made it kind of slimy. Would frozen strawberries, or other fruit, be better suited for that?

I make a shake with frozen banana, strawberries or blueberries, vanilla, my milk for the day, and some splenda. Add water if it's too thick. The frozen fruit stands in for ice cubes. Delish!

zoesmom
08-15-2013, 03:58 PM
That works too Nimble! :D

Sorry I have been so scarce the past two weeks...promise I will amp up soon....was on vacay now trying to get back in the swing of things again. I think I need a vacation from my vacation! :lol:

Piffer28
08-15-2013, 07:55 PM
So, I am new to this group. I was going to do medifast, but I am too poor, so I found wonderslim and everyone seemed to like it when I was looking at reviews. I am actually doing a hybrid wonderslim/grocery store shakes and bars. I looked up nutritional info and found some that were nearly identical, so here I am. I just had my 2nd baby 9 months ago. I did great during pregnancy and gained only 35 lbs (not bad considering my first was 55 lbs). Anyway, I went to the gym daily and was done 15 lbs after birth.

Well, I got to be the lucky one who gains weight while nursing, and if I cut calories my milk went to nothing. So here I am, 5 lbs OVER my highest pregnancy weight. My goal is to lose 60 lbs (probably not all on wonderslim, but I need a kickstart). Anyway, I get my stuff on Wednesday, so I am jumping the gun a bit with this post, but am excited to get going! I am glad I found a group to keep me accountable! I did HCG after my first and lost 25 lbs, so if I can do that, I am sure I can do this!

FattyFatFat
08-18-2013, 11:12 PM
When you say HCG, do you mean those drops? I've heard a lot about them, but always figured it was some kind of scam due to the types of sites I was seeing and all of the spam emails I would get, lol.

zoesmom
08-20-2013, 08:07 AM
I've been MIA too long...about a month now. For a couple of reasons. I hit my low of 228 and the very next day, I was on predisone and climbing upwards. I hate predisone. And then, I was in Michigan...in the land of cherries. I gorged on those babies. Oh, so sweet and tender and good. I landed a ten pound gain between the two. I refuse to acknowledge it on my ticker though. At least, for now. I am back down to 232, so I am hoping to hit 228 before the end of the month. Regardless, my ticker will be updated come September 1st. I refuse to kid myself past that date.

Anyways, that is my brief run down.

:welcome: to the newbies on this forum

:wave: hi to all my friends that I have missed

And...how is everyone holding up??? Me, back on plan as of last week, the only problem being Sunday at my nephew's first birthday party. I had no packets, got hungry and well, I was weak and gorged. But will not allow it again. Nope, nope nope. I REFUSE to allow myself to ever slip to extremes again, so Sunday is my one allowed slip for the next six months...wonder where I will be then :)

etkids
08-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome :)

Madicakes - Thank you for sharing your experience with not getting enough calories as well and what you did to get there.

I have to try something different as I have the sample wonderslim diet plan posted for me to view and while I look at it and say yeah I need to eat that or drink that shake, I just can't bring myself to do it because I am not hungry. I do keep track of all my calories going in and going out through Lose It and I take in about 850 calories a day and burn off about 500 a day at the gym, and am loosing nothing. :( I lost 5 pounds the first couple days and now nothing and here it is 2 weeks later.

Maybe I can find some more sample menus and see if they look more inviting or something :?: I have 37 more pounds to lose, so I got a long way to go so I can't get discouraged just yet!

QUESTION: Does everyone that is doing WS only eat WS products or do you also incorporate regular low calorie food into your daily meals as well. ?? Keeping your calories, carbs, fats, and protein within a certain range?

zoesmom
08-20-2013, 12:10 PM
etkids - welcome to the WS ordeal! :lol:

I started leaning towards the IP protocol (obviously different due to the fact I am under a doctor supervised plan that slightly varies) due to the same issue of JUST NOT HUNGRY!

I would have my shake for breakfast. Then I would have a lunch that was 2 cups of veggies and a snack bar. I would then have a shake for snack. Dinner was 6-8 ounces of protein and 2 cups of veggies. There ya go. Basically. I went from eating every 2-3 hours to every 3-4. It helped. A LOT. I suddenly wasn't force feeding myself and it suddenly became easier to stick with it.

Cgrace
08-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi Everyone!
I've been following this thread for a while and decided I would finally join! I don't do the WS plan, but I was on a diet that used most of the same products along the same guidelines. I'm here for encouragement to lose those last pounds and for support for maintaining and getting back on track after a binge.

etkids
08-20-2013, 12:50 PM
etkids - welcome to the WS ordeal! :lol:

I started leaning towards the IP protocol (obviously different due to the fact I am under a doctor supervised plan that slightly varies) due to the same issue of JUST NOT HUNGRY!

I would have my shake for breakfast. Then I would have a lunch that was 2 cups of veggies and a snack bar. I would then have a shake for snack. Dinner was 6-8 ounces of protein and 2 cups of veggies. There ya go. Basically. I went from eating every 2-3 hours to every 3-4. It helped. A LOT. I suddenly wasn't force feeding myself and it suddenly became easier to stick with it.

Thank you for your response and experience. I love hearing others experiences, struggles and successes :) What is the IP protocol?
I am going to jot down your way of doing it and see if I can manage to get more food in.

zoesmom
08-21-2013, 08:30 AM
etkids - HERE (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UVFH4GNH6ow/UEntCdMNQEI/AAAAAAAAAAM/MxgaZjLeJtY/s1600/IdealProtein0001.jpg) is the IP protocol (the IP folks probably have a much better understanding of it than I do and many of them use alternatives such as WS.) My doctor and I have a plan in place that closely mirrors it, but since I exercise, I can not follow it as I would never get enough calories. So, I have an altered plan based loosely off of it, but using WS items. I am SLOWLY being weaned of WS, but by slowly, I mean at least till the end of the year, if not longer :)

Anyways, here is sample day for me.

Breakfast: WS Banana Bread (If you want the recipe, let me know :) )
Lunch: Low Sodium V8 (I didn't feel like cutting up veggies and I add some fiber to it) and a Caramel Pecan Butter bar
Snack: EAS Carb AdvantEDGE vanilla shake
Dinner: chicken, brocolli, large salad with 2 hard boiled eggs.

Total values for the day
Calories: 1283
Carbs: 85g
Fiber: 15g
Protein: 137g
Fat: 42g
Sodium: 1781

I would run 3 miles and burned roughly 379 calories, netting me roughly 904 calories for the day.

etkids
08-21-2013, 12:35 PM
zoesmom, your plan sounds more my style... Thank you for sharing :) I am going to read up more on the IP protocol and give that a try as it doesn't seem like I am always having to eat..I would also love the WS Banana Bread recipe if you don't mind sharing.

zoesmom
08-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Here you go. Stuff is tasty, tasty...AND FILLING! Makes ONE serving!!!

2 beaten egg whites
1 Banana Pudding
1 cup or more shredded zucchini
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sweetener
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/2 tsp or more cardamom
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F
1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
4. Add in Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins filling each 1/2 way up.
8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall.

This recipe will also work with Chocolate & Lemon IP Pudding.

Calories: 166
Carbs: 16g
Fiber: 3g
Protein: 24g
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 296mg

zoesmom
08-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Also...need to try this one, I have not yet, but I hear it is good, just add banana essence and some Spenda for a healthy banana bread. :)

Focaccia -Style Flax Bread

Ingredients:

* 2 cups flax seed meal
* 1 Tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1-2 Tablespoons sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
* 5 beaten eggs
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup oil

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.

1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.

2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)

4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.

6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.

Nutritional Information:
Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.

zoesmom
08-26-2013, 09:16 AM
How's everyone doing....how did you survive the weekend?

and where oh where are my buddies! :o

punmama
08-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Zoesmom,
I am happy you are back. I also left the "building" for a while and now y pants are pretty tight. Back to WS for me. I am holding out to eat lunch until 1 PM so I am not hungry when I get home from work.

Now we all have finished our "lost weekends" we can come back to a plan that works and doesn't make you feel like crap.

Tifftastic05
08-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone! I've been letting school and work stress get to me, so I took a week or so off wonderslim, and I've just been holding at 182. I definitely have less energy and don't feel as good as I did when I was following plan. Planning on doing a shake day tomorrow and jump back into it.

Thanks for the recipes Zoesmom!

zoesmom
08-27-2013, 08:33 AM
:wave: HI punmama and Tiff!

Yepper - I am back! Officially off the predisone and officially back at peak (okay, close enough to peak) with my O2 sats that I can exercise again. :) I put on some weight when I had my ARDS flair up, so I am working on getting rid of that again, mostly steroid weight. I am close to my "low" again but refuse to touch my ticker until 8/31. I'll update then, whether or not it is up or down. :D

I am running full force....I WANT another baby...but REFUSE to try until I am at least less than 200 and with hubby just now turning 38 and giving me a cut off when he turns 40...oh lord I need to bust serious arse!!!! So, expect me here... A LOT! :D You might get sick of me :D

Glad you ladies are back....hope you can get back on track. Falling off and restarting is harder than simply just starting...at least for me. Hang in there...we can so do this!

punmama
08-27-2013, 09:51 AM
You are so right Zoesmom. It is very difficult to get back on when you fall off. I am struggling right now with that. I live in an apartment and have no access to barbecuing and things like that so when I go to my boyfriend's house that is what we do. I stay OP and drink the shakes and have my bar and lunch but come dinner time I want that roll with the hamburger and things like that. It was so much easier when my boyfriend got sick and didn't eat much but that lasted about two months and now he is in full force. I find it is so much easier to stick with the plan if someone else you know is doing it or something like it too.

You have a great goal. It would be nice to let your daughter have a younger brother or sister. I am happy you are back to yourself again.

hrtrn
08-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi everyone, I just ordered my 2 week start up pack and it should arrive tomorrow. I was on a similar program years ago, Metabolic Research Center. I lost about 40 pounds and felt great. Then I had some medical issues, 2 major surgeries, moved unexpectedly and basically everything fell apart. So here I am 4 years later, almost 30 pounds heavier then when I started that diet. My blood pressure is high even with my meds, I feel tired all the time and have had the worst time sleeping. I work nights and move every few months with my job now. I love what I do but it is taxing on my body as well.
So now is the time for a change and I look forward to feeling better.

zoesmom
08-28-2013, 11:02 AM
:hug: punmama! I have learned, since my hubby refuses to eat healthy and having a 4 year old, it is impossible to force her to eat healthy, that I have to "fend" for myself A LOT. I spend one day a week cutting, preparing, measuring, and freezing my meals so that I can cook the family's meal, then just reheat mine. Saves time and keep me on course. Harder to convince myself to have "just a bit" when I know I have stuff in the freezer that is better for me. Especially when that "bite" can be 330 calories and a whole meal can be the same. I kinda get hungry in the evenings :) You'll find a way...promise!

:welcome: hrtrn - glad to have you on board and looking forward to how this goes for you!!!!

zoesmom
08-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Alright, this one is getting close to reach max post count, so jump over HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/286847-wonderslim-11-a.html#post4826912) for the new thread...hope to see you soon! :D