Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/15/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein pDr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Good morning all! I'm tackling day 393, yesterday was a tough day for me, stayed 100% but had to go to bed earlier to help w emotionally wanting food. That's life, ups and downs and learning new dealing tactics. Here's to a successful hump day!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! It's raining here again this morning and we are trying to get our new pool installed!! Come on sun @Sonyasbug, I do the same thing, go to bed early...lol.

So I'm on my last day of week 1 on Phase 2 and think I'm prepared to go onto Phase 3 tomorrow. Question, I understand that we gain back some weight in Phase 4 and I'm just wondering what the average gain is. I'm happy where my weight is now, but I want to make sure that before I make the decision to move on I know what to expect to see happen on the scale in a couple of weeks. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Good morning everyone! It's raining here again this morning and we are trying to get our new pool installed!! Come on sun @Sonyasbug, I do the same thing, go to bed early...lol.

So I'm on my last day of week 1 on Phase 2 and think I'm prepared to go onto Phase 3 tomorrow. Question, I understand that we gain back some weight in Phase 4 and I'm just wondering what the average gain is. I'm happy where my weight is now, but I want to make sure that before I make the decision to move on I know what to expect to see happen on the scale in a couple of weeks. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Congrats! P3 breakfasts are yummy!

I was told 2-3 lbs, but for for me I actually lost alittle more. Probably
cuz I've been more active with my exercise and yardwork etc.
Sure its different for everyone. In P4 I've been very careful and weigh
everyday to see if certain foods dont work for me. MyFitnessPal app has been
the best thing for me, and this forum keeps me focused everyday!
Thanks everyone!!
You got this!

D
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Good morning everyone.
Today I'm planning for our long weekend camping. It's usually easy for me to pack the 5th wheel with food and drinks but I am finding this complicated for some reason. We always go with a large group (8+ kids) that all cook together with everyone contributing to each meal. Now I find I'm trying to pack what the rest of my family will eat with the others but also what I will have that won't leave me feeling left out and tempted.
So far the only easy thing I've packed is two cases of water. I'm thinking of making some soup pks flatbreads(thank you rainbow) to fill with veggies for my lunches. Omelette pks for breakfast to resist their bacon, eggs and pancakes. Now if only I could come up with something to replace those darned campfire pies.lol
Have a great OP day!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #6  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Week 13 weigh in last night, also first week of phase 3.....lost 1.6 lbs in phase 3. I am so excited. I had planned to phase off at this time when I started this plan, so I have more work to do, but the results from this have been wonderful.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #7  

Weigh in day for me today I hope that scale moves!! Last week I gained first time and I have never cheated while on this diet! Oh well I will keep going.....at a snails pace I guess.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post

It's different for everyone, but for me, it wasn't so much a "gain" as it was my body now fluctuates in a 5lb window. I have a "ceiling" weight that if I go over it I buckle down, but for the most part I float between 157 and 162 quite comfortably. The scale is so deceiving, so I just watch how I feel, how my clothes fit, etc and check in with the scale once a week or if I feel gross.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 213/201/185

Height: 5'11"

I am on day 3. I can't believe how much I am supposed to eat on this program. I ate less before, I was just eating unhealthy foods. 4 cups of veggies is a lot of food. Eating that much veggies is serious effort.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Good morning every one, I post this in yesterday thread but i think It was to late, so I am posting in back:

Hello, I got my vitamins today ... after 10 days is IP.

I have a question regarding to cal mag, the one that I bought say 2 pill a days, but we are suppose to take 4, should I take 4 or 2.

This are the one that I bought http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=2040

And this will be the potassium citrate :http://www.longevityshoppe.com/Webbe...lets.html#nogo

Then the himallaya pink salt, should be separed from the one that we use to cook, or we cook whit it... in salads, meet ext

and my last for today: is the bar 7:1 ok I will be cutting in two

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-254542...-crunch-246-oz

thank you for all the help.

Last edited by Tuca125; 05-15-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #11  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all!! Tried the potato purée wrap yesterday and OMG it was delish. Pretty excited to go for our walk today to the grocery store to get ingredients for my cucumber salad for lunch since I have an abundance of cucumbers. Still deciding on supper though.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

wfonseca I'd say only take 2 pills of the cal-mag you bought. The totals are a little less than the 4 pills of the IP version, but I would think it's close enough.

The other 2 links you posted didnt work.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLoser View Post
I am on day 3. I can't believe how much I am supposed to eat on this program. I ate less before, I was just eating unhealthy foods. 4 cups of veggies is a lot of food. Eating that much veggies is serious effort.
It's crazy how much food you have to eat! I got so tired of chewing! Some days I was full before I could finish the required amounts, it's strange to say you have to finish it it required and not want to. When for my entire life it's been " you don't have to clean your plate" yet, never had an issue doing so until IP.

WI today down 4.8 lbs! that's 20.8 total Woot Woot! Bought myself flowers for my little reward.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
wfonseca I'd say only take 2 pills of the cal-mag you bought. The totals are a little less than the 4 pills of the IP version, but I would think it's close enough.

The other 2 links you posted didnt work.
Thank you, I think I fix the other links.

That was my concern if the bottle say 2 taking 4 sound like to much.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #15  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning all! I'm tackling day 393, yesterday was a tough day for me, stayed 100% but had to go to bed earlier to help w emotionally wanting food. That's life, ups and downs and learning new dealing tactics. Here's to a successful hump day!
OMG I just saw your before and after photo! You are so amazing!!!! Look at you! Beautiful and so happy now compared to your before photo. Just glowing!

Good choice on going to bed early. I've done that before as well. I posted this on a different thread, but it's worth mentioning here as well.

My inner chubby chick decided to come out and play last night. I received my order of yummy protein bars yesterday and as I was unpacking and storing in the pantry, she (inner chubby chick) tells me to eat one.

"It won't hurt you" she says and she continues, "It's your birthday this week, you need to celebrate and you've done so well on your weight loss you deserve a treat - it's just a protein bar".

Now you see how sneaky my inner chubby chick is? In the past I would agree with her and do exactly as she tells me.

However, she miscalculated. My Inner Skinny Chick is stronger these days and I listen to her instead.

For just one moment I almost agreed with inner chubby chick and gave in, but I firmly said, "no, this isn't the answer".

Dealing with emotional eating really is one day at a time. Sometimes one meal at a time. It's no different than a drug addict. Even worse, we have to actually consume for survival the very thing that can also send us spiraling out of control.

For me it's about finding balance.
Closed Thread