100 lb. Club - New Thread ~ Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN!

Pages : [1] 2

SmallSteps
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Ok chickies, you know who you are.

If you are a regainer struggling to relose, this is the thread for us. I'm discovering already that somehow the mindset of a reloser is not the same as the first time around.

Big regain, little tune-up... whatever it is... let's band together to find a way to stick with it AGAIN, and maybe learn some new lessons that will help us keep it off for good.

SmallSteps
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
I thought it was time for a new fresh thread since the current one has 36 pages and was started last year! :)

Sandi
05-14-2013, 02:16 PM
I think I will chime in here. Let's just say that my ticker is less than accurate!!!

SmallSteps
05-14-2013, 02:30 PM
I had lost down to 242.8 (55.8 pounds gone) I have in the last five months gained 19.8 pounds of that back (261.0) so here we go again!

It is frustrating to me having to lose weight that I have already lost AGAIN! I remember how hard it was to get rid of the first time.

SmallSteps
05-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Okay Peeps we are suppose to be using the NEW thread. The old one if over the post limit :)

Can someone with the ability please close the other thread please?

time2lose
05-16-2013, 03:16 PM
I just saw on the "One reason to stay on plan" thread that Ubergirl posted Because I just dipped under a BMI of 40, which is the threshold for morbid obesity. I do not want to EVER be above that red line.

:cp::cp: I want to give her a hand. I am eagerly approaching that red line and can't wait to get below it.

My weight has gone up a pound for a couple of days. I know that it is fluid because there is no way that I have gained with my calorie limit but I would still like to see it gone. I weigh in tomorrow with my doctor so I think that my body is teasing me. :dizzy:

Sandy, good to see you here again.
SmallSteps -I identify with the 19.8 pound gain. Sometimes I wish for a time machine so I could go back and stop myself. Oh well, there is nothing for us to do but get it off again. At least we both have maintained a good portion of the weight that we lost. :carrot::carrot:

toastedsmoke
05-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone. So yeah I haven't been on 3FC in a couple of months... and it hasn't been pretty. This has pretty much been my first go at weight loss and I swore a regain wouldn't happen to me, but it has. I'm sad and struggling to get back on track but somehow just not getting it together. I start of well but then kind of end up stress eating my face off. I've been on this journey for 4 years and never realized I was that big of a stress eater. Enough is enough, though! There are soooo many reasons why I need to be back on track. This year has kind of been a bust so far diet wise. So I definitely need you guys' support and encouragement.

Right now, the regain isn't that disastrous... I'm travelling for work so I can't get an exact figure for today, but I'd say I'm about 10-15 lbs up from my 10-month maintained weight of 152-155 lbs. So yeah basically, based on last week's weigh-ins I'm somewhere between 165 and 168 lbs right now. So on the plus, I'm hoping I've caught myself somewhat early (even though my real alarm bells started screaming at 160) and I can turn this around now before it gets worse.

My plan of attack is to tighten up my eating. I work out pretty regularly (I'm doing Insanity and some kickboxing, and trying to find the time to run), but my eating definitely needs to be better. I've had so many 3500+ calorie days in the past month that I'm surprised that I can button my pants. I didn't even eat like that at 275 lbs! I've given away my bigger clothes and have nothing bigger than a size 8, I can't go naked, I just can't. This is my 2nd biggest motivator. My first biggest motivator is my health tied with all the people around me who are inspired by my own journey to start their own weight loss journeys.

I need to go back to those days where I came on here everyday for encouragement and support, and when I planned my meals and was accountable for what I ate. I still calorie count and weigh food meticulously (even the binges) but obviously, I need to commit to putting less food in my mouth. So here I am, hoping I can join in. This is my first significant regain so I'm grateful for whatever support or wisdom you guys have for turning things around.

MoniqueMclean
05-16-2013, 09:58 PM
toastedsmoke hey I am new here I guess a WELCOME back is needed.. you did such a good job taking it off... good thing u cought it early and can start to repair some bad choices.. you know some of my insight is about starting over , OVER and OVER again ...I AM JUST STARTING again but I really honestly and learning again slowly. Everytime I try I gain a little more strength everytime.. I have learned a lot of hard habits die hard.. and I truly have always wanted a change but the change was so uncomfortable I always quit and run back to food...I was trying to think today what triggers me with food.. and good times always involved food. emotions always developed with food and those feelings are indescribable.. sometimes your past really affects your future.. I am now sure of that when it comes to me..lol that was just a piece from my over analytical mind

ubergirl
05-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Hi everyone. So yeah I haven't been on 3FC in a couple of months... and it hasn't been pretty. This has pretty much been my first go at weight loss and I swore a regain wouldn't happen to me, but it has. I'm sad and struggling to get back on track but somehow just not getting it together. I start of well but then kind of end up stress eating my face off. I've been on this journey for 4 years and never realized I was that big of a stress eater. Enough is enough, though! There are soooo many reasons why I need to be back on track. This year has kind of been a bust so far diet wise. So I definitely need you guys' support and encouragement

Hi Toasted Smoke. Welcome back. I remember you!!! I'm so glad to see that you are stopping before hitting a really big regain! As you can see from my ticker, I regained A LOT but not all of the weight I lost, after keeping it off for a good long while. I was so upset, disappointed and furious about the weight gain, and then I just couldn't get my groove back... until now. I am absolutely totally and completely a stress eater. It was stress that drove me off the rails to a huge regain. Just as you said, you're not looking at a major regain, and it shouldn't take much to get your mojo back!

Sandi Glad you are joining us.

Time2lose Thanks! I think that I'm currently 39.9, but I'm happy to be under 40 again! Before I started on my weight loss journey back in 2009, I was seriously considering lap band surgery, and one of the things I was so happy about was that I slimmed down so much that I got "too skinny" to even be eligible. I'm convinced that WLS would have been a terrible choice for me. I'm much better off having learned to deal with some of my food issues, however imperfectly. Hope you join me on the far side of 40 very soon!

RitzyFritz
05-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi, re-losers! Yeah, I'm one of you. You can read my signature; it pretty much tells my story - but not for long. I'm headed back in the right direction, finally! Yay!

I will say that the first time around, this forum was THE BEST support group ever! I totally relied on it daily, and that is my plan again. I truly believe I wouldn't have made it before had I not come here pretty much on a daily basis. Come to think of it, when life got in the way, I pretty much stopped coming here - and hello weight gain. Well, I am back and I MEAN BUSINESS! :lol:

Here's to ALL of us - we will win this time. I am rooting for your success, and I know you are doing the same for me. :hug:

toastedsmoke
05-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for your kind welcomes and words.

MoniqueMacClean: Yeah I think I'm still learning a lot about this journey too. I thought I more or less had it figured out after all this time but I don't. So you're right, we're always learning and gaining in strength and experience, that's the positive way to look at it, rather than crying into my brownie ice cream about how I should be on my way to my final goal by now. Thanks! :)

ubergirl: I remember you too! You were a huge inspiration in 2009/10 when I first joined 3FC and I always was like if this girl can love working out so much, so can I. And eventually I got there. You're still an inspiration... being in an odd cycle where I'm struggling to force myself back on to a plan I know is good for me and knowing how disappointed I am in myself, I now begin to understand the strength and character it takes to recommit after a regain and not just give up like "eff it, it was fun whilst it lasted but maybe this is so hard because this is not how lean and fit I'm meant to be." So I am inspired that you're back and still plugging away.

RitzyFritz: 3FC is the best, you're totally right.

I'm doing okay so far today plan wise. I woke up early and got my workout in before I could make excuses not to do it. Food-wise, I'm not doing too bad but I'm ravenous... Or to clarify, I'm not ravenous but I've allowed myself to become accustomed to a 3000+ calorie a day diet in the past couple of months, so now that that's no longer on the cards, my body wants to know what's up and why there's no more of the constant munching? So obviously there's some smorgasbord-withdrawal going on. Trying to combat it with drinking lots of water and tea (unfortunately with whole milk- i need to stop that, but I have 757 calories to play with for dinner which isn't bad). I hope everyone is having a successful day.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi Guys. I'm back. Not giving up this time. I

ubergirl
05-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi Girlygirl Welcome back!

Myself, I had a dinner FIASCO tonight. I went out to dinner and ended up sort of ordering in a hurry. I ordered something that had a little symbol next to it that I thought meant "light"-- fish tacos-- I ate two of them and I was pretty full and absolutely should have left the last one on the plate but I was hungry because I missed lunch, so I ate all three. Came home and looked up the calories on the menu online. Found out that my supposedly healthy fish tacos actually had 807 calories!!!!!!! Holy guacamole! I'm not even sure why... I think there was all kinds of sour cream stuffed down at the bottom and I was too stupid to realize it. When I make fish tacos at home it's just broiled fish, chopped tomatoes and cilantro, and lime juice... no sour cream in sight. The good news was that I was busy in the middle of the day and didn't eat lunch, so I was around 500 calories for the day when I got there... so in reality, I probably didn't do that much damage. But I was pissed at myself because I was FULL after the first two, and still went ahead and ate the third one, which I did not need!!!

I've been a little weird with my food the last couple of days. Normally, I'm very scheduled about my meals and I always do worse when I don't eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, right on schedule.

ubergirl
05-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey everybody,

Checking in. I'm planning to try to tighten up my food today. I've been a little off the last few days, partly because I've had SO MANY restaurant meals recently. My weight is pretty much stalled out right now at 263. Going on a big trip soon and I want to see the scale move DOWN before I leave as I'll be away from my scale for almost 2 weeks.

fitmama84
05-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I definitely fall under this category. I was thin and in shape my whole life until I went to college and gained a lot of weight! After college I joined Weight Watchers and did Turbo Jam every day and lost 30 lbs and looked fabulous. But gradually, I stopped caring what I ate and stopped working out, and I gained it all back and then some, and then got pregnant, so now I have baby weight on top of that! I have 102.8 lbs left to lose...so I'm back on Weight Watchers because it worked really well for me, and I just did Day 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred!

toastedsmoke
05-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey everyone. How's the weekend going?

uber: Eating out is always tough. On the brightside, with the missed lunch the damage wasn't bad at all. I too struggle with feeling the need to finish everything on my plate just because it's there whether or not I'm hungry. How did things go foodwise today?

GirlyGirl: Hello! :)

fitmam84: Well done with getting back on track!

Today was better food wise. I ended up around the 1500 calorie mark as opposed to 1900 from yesterday or 2600 from the day before. I worked out everyday this week which I'm also excited about. Insanity is going well and I just finished week 1 today. So all-in-all, it's been a pretty good Saturday!

ubergirl
05-18-2013, 09:27 PM
uber: Eating out is always tough. On the brightside, with the missed lunch the damage wasn't bad at all. I too struggle with feeling the need to finish everything on my plate just because it's there whether or not I'm hungry. How did things go foodwise today?

Yesterday's calories were actually fine-- about 1300 including the fiasco dinner. Today, I dialed it down and stayed very strictly on plan, I'm coming in under 1200! Have been stalled at 263 for almost a week and I'm hoping to see another loss tomorrow!

BethC
05-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi! I'm back again, re-started this morning, with no excuses! I'm so glad I found this thread!

geoblewis
05-19-2013, 10:53 AM
There you are! I accidently posted to the old thread. Depleting what I wrote here:

Posting at the start of this day to get my head in the game. It's my oldest son's 21st birthday. Younger son is making chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream for breakfast. We're all going to see the Trek movie this afternoon, then going out to our favorite restaurant for dinner and cocktails.

I want to celebrate, but I want to do it wisely. I'm starting a sugar-cleanse tomorrow and DON'T want to make today a last hurrah with inappropriate eating. So, my plan is to have my usual eggs for breakfast before the boys get up. Don't want to be caught hungry when the pancakes show up. I'll have a salad with tuna for lunch, nothing at the movie, then I can splurge a little at dinner with quantity, not content. Strictly limiting carbs but will have one cocktail, since I'm driving. No dessert. And I'm really good with that!

I injured my foot in cardio class last week and I'm still limping along. I was hoping to do some walking this weekend. I guess I'll switch to some yoga instead.

MoniqueMclean
05-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone, hows it going? good for you toastedsmoke glad your staying on plan you sure will thank yourself!! your doing awesome!!

Ubergirl I am routing for you girl I hope you see it too :)

BethC Welcome and I wanna say you can do this !! glad your here!! stick and stay!!

Geoblewis Good luck on tonights dinner enjoy ur self girl!! :)

Omg why are scales so addicting ?? I couldn't help but look today and I was pleasantly surprised 218 down a pound since Thursday I am definatly slowing down it seems with the weighloss lol imagine loosing 6 pounds every week what a dream that would be haha.. I am really please with the weighloss thus far 12 pounds in 15 days and believe me I work darn hard for that.. 5k walk tommarrow morning cant wait !!

LoseToAll
05-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Posted on old thread. Need to post change.

I am down 2 lbs today but I can not trust the scale. It has been going up and down so much over the last 2 weeks. I jumped on and off the scale I bet 10 times and it still said 231. I am going to hold off on changing my weight count until it is real.

Already ate most of my calories today. I just have to make it through family dinner on salad. Which I love so I just need to stay away from the potatoes and gravy. Not too hard if I can just stay focused and not lose my head.

Day 7 of my 30 day goal. I can do this today and tomorrow is another day to keep trying.

Have a great OP day. Funky

ubergirl
05-19-2013, 11:17 PM
GeoblewisSounds like you have a good plan. I like to have a cocktail during a celebration.
Funky You're doing great! 7 days OP is a big accomplishment!
BethC Welcome!

Was kind of frustrated, as I was expecting a scale drop today and nothing! But I'm at 263 even. Tomorrow MUST be the day!

Out all day again today, but careful with my food choices. Hoping to see the drop tomorrow!

ubergirl
05-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Woot! Down another pound to 262. Was depressed about today's weigh in... didn't "feel" like was going to to lose, and then I did!

Have a happy relosing day!

MoniqueMclean
05-20-2013, 11:51 AM
ubergirl-----nice job that's awesome... glad ur doing good ...you know as much as all of u are working so hard .. I wish someone would say het are you loosing weight ...it always give me that extra incentive... how about all of you?

LoseToAll
05-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Ubergirl that is awesome. Great job.

Monique I feel the same way. Seeing others successes on here helps me. Gives me hope.

Overdid it last night at dinner. Not terrible just overdid it and I had dessert too. So I did not weigh this morning probably up so I could not face it. Had salad for breakfast and the last of the cool whip fluff salad. Will take it easy on the food the rest of the day.

Hope you have a great OP day. Funky

RitzyFritz
05-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Well, friends - unfortunately, I am in Oklahoma near the area that was devastated by tornadoes yesterday, and needless to say, all the turmoil and nerves that went along with being on alert all day caused me to totally lose focus on my diet, so my choices were not healthy ones. I feel like I am ready to be back on track today, and hopefully, we won't have anymore days like yesterday to distract my focus. Congratulations to all of you who have been staying OP! You are to be commended.

ubergirl
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Ritzy I responded to you on the other thread, but I just want you to know that ANYONE would respond with absolute terror to being anywhere near the area affected by the tornado!

Anyone else find that it is just stinking hard to be a reloser??? When I was losing, my mental image of myself took a long time catching up. I thought I was fatter than I actually was. Now, I'm having the opposite problem. I think I'm thinner than I actually am, and so pictures catch me by surprise and make me feel AWFUL!!!!! I keep feeling impatient with the pace of loss even though I'm losing pretty fast right now. I know that I started feeling a lot thinner when I got down to about 230 and more or less normal in the low 200s, but here I am working my butt off and in the 260s. It seems as if I blinked and was 80 pounds heavier... and I feel like I should be able to blink and be 80 pounds lighter again, but it just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, sorry to complain. Scale moved down a little to 261.8... Am really looking forward to hitting the 15 pound mark. I think one of the biggest reasons people quit when they start out with high BMIs is that it takes so long to feel like you're getting somewhere.

RitzyFritz
05-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Ritzy I responded to you on the other thread, but I just want you to know that ANYONE would respond with absolute terror to being anywhere near the area affected by the tornado!

Anyone else find that it is just stinking hard to be a reloser??? When I was losing, my mental image of myself took a long time catching up. I thought I was fatter than I actually was. Now, I'm having the opposite problem. I think I'm thinner than I actually am, and so pictures catch me by surprise and make me feel AWFUL!!!!! I keep feeling impatient with the pace of loss even though I'm losing pretty fast right now. I know that I started feeling a lot thinner when I got down to about 230 and more or less normal in the low 200s, but here I am working my butt off and in the 260s. It seems as if I blinked and was 80 pounds heavier... and I feel like I should be able to blink and be 80 pounds lighter again, but it just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, sorry to complain. Scale moved down a little to 261.8... Am really looking forward to hitting the 15 pound mark. I think one of the biggest reasons people quit when they start out with high BMIs is that it takes so long to feel like you're getting somewhere.

Thanks for your kind words. I really do appreciate them! And, although I am not happy to hear you are going through the same struggle with the regain as I am, I was glad to hear that I am not the only one feeling like this! I am feeling the EXACT same way - same struggles, same shock at "how did I get here again and so quickly!" You put my thoughts into words much better than I could have. Here's a :hug: for you, and a wish and a hope that we all can get this weight BACK OFF. We have done it before, but you are right, it is just somehow harder this time!! It is embarrassing (I find myself avoiding people that haven't seen me since my regain), maddening, heartbreaking, frustrating, etc. But, at least we know what needs to be done. We just have to overcome the emotional part of it, which I think is the hardest struggle for me this time around.

LoseToAll
05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
I know exactly what you mean about thinking you are thinner and are shocked with pictures and mirrors. It happened so fast. Re gained in a blink. What a terrible trick on me.

I have a Japanese friend coming to stay for a week the 2nd of June and I am not really looking forward for her seeing me. I am working so hard preparing for her visit. Repainting and cleaning out and exercising. I am on day 8 of my 30 day goal. Exercising 45 min M-F. Next week I am going to up it to an hour. And I am going to try and work in 30 min walks on the weekends. I am down 1.5 since Friday. I am looking forward for weigh in tomorrow. I have worked so hard. Here's to a drop in the morning.

Have a great night. Funky

boots
05-22-2013, 12:38 AM
So I'm returning after a much longer absence. I was initially going to try to "reinvent" myself on here so I didn't have to sign in under my old login name and see where I left off...(it was depressing....I was at 150 heading to 140 and now I have to sign in and change it all up to a higher weight than I've ever been prior to that weight loss time).

But I've been through a lot of life changes, and now I want to buckle down and learn how to cope with life AND live healthy. Also, I'm no longer on the depo shot, which I think might have contributed to the sudden and unexpected initial 50 pound leap in my weight over a very short time when it initially happened. I've plateaued since being off it for the past year and a half, and I seem to be dropping again the last few weeks since getting serious again.

Anyways-so a longer time frame, but I was down 35 lbs and then I gained it ALL back PLUS an extra25-30 to boot :( So I'm a little discouraged to start. And even discouraged to face the music to myself and log in under my same old name here and admit to myself the truth!

BUT I'm optimistic about the future, and I'm committing myself right now. I'm already excited about all the great little reminders and tips that I've forgotten that I see posted in the threads. So it's good to be back and to get rid of this weight I gained back.

Kaitie9399
05-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Hi, my name is Kaitie and I'm a regainer who's losing it all again.

In 2006, I lost 60 pounds. I did it through calorie counting and exercise. I feel like the very same day that I hit my goal of 145 is the day that I started regaining it all back. I never saw myself as skinny. I was a size six and still saw myself as that little fat girl. So, over the past 6 years I gained it all back plus 5. Sure I blamed it on failed IVF's, my mom dying, everything. I'm sure all of the heartache played a very significant role in gaining it all back, but I think the core problem was that I never believed I was skinny. I even have pictures of me in skinny size six skirts and medium tops but my brain didn't see that it was me. It was some other girl. Now ya'll are thinking I'm crazy but hey, that's the way it is. SO! On December 31, 2012--I didn't want to be one of those 'New Year's Resolution' people who inevitable fail--I decided it was time to re-lose the fat. I have had a couple HUGE set backs, pneumonia being one of them but I'm plugging away, keeping my head high and trying my darndest to lose 47 pounds by June 30. I have 14.8 pounds to go. Yeah! Go me! -32.2 pounds in 4 1/2 months is awesome.
Anyway, this time around feels completely different than last time. Last time it was all new and the prospect of getting new clothes every 10-15 pounds was exciting and super rewarding but this time around I'm realizing just how much of a slobby mess I must have been. I'm still wearing the XL shirts from when I was 207 pounds because none of my skinny clothes fit yet. I must have looked like a fashion nightmare if I can still wear the same clothes from 30 pounds ago. Most of my size 14 pants now fit and I wore a size 12 pair of jeans for the entire day on Friday and I didn't die because they were too tight, they fit nicely. Anyway, the calorie counting and exercising is the same as last time--I just wish my old cool clothes would fit me. I've already decided that I'm going to be a constant loser. Always losing weight for the rest of my life. My ideal weight is 128, so if all goes well in July/August I'll regain 25 pounds over nine months and then spend the rest of my life trying to get to 128 because being satisfied with my weight was the kiss of death. (how could I have been satisfied and yet not see myself as skinny? I'm crazy)

geoblewis
05-22-2013, 01:14 AM
I am struggling with what the scale tells me. I drop three to four pounds, then put them right back on again. It's been like this for weeks. I'm working out a lot and my clothes are a bit looser, but really, I don't want to be 300 lbs of muscle!

So, still playing with diet. I decided to cut carbs more. I was hoping I'd be okay with net carbs around 100 gm, then I planned to drop them to 75 gm, on paper. Had a hard time stopping myself from eating more than 75 gm. But if I keep it below 50 gm net, that allows for all the veggies I want to eat.

I had cut protein because I was worried that I was overeating it. But I may need to increase it a bit to deal with hunger.

But maybe my #1 issue is the inconsistent sleep! I am going to bed!

ubergirl
05-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Katie Welcome to Relosers and congratulations on the weight loss so far!! I just want to tell you that I completely relate to what you are saying on every single level! I lost 110 lbs between 2009 and 2010 and kept about 95 of it off all the way through 2011, but then I put on 60 pounds very rapidly in early 2012. I never went all the way back to where I was, thank god, but still!!! I'm convinced that part of my problem was that I never reached my goal weight. But I looked fabulous, ran four miles a day, was super fit, and I think I must have set my goal weight too low, because I couldn't force my body down any further than about 185-190, which for my height is a BMI of 29. In any case, even though I maintained for over a year, I never entered maintenance in my mind. I kept thinking that I was "failing at losing..." I also never really got a handle on my binge eating problem-- I just managed to keep it at bay for three years. When a period of severe stress hit, it came roaring back. This time, I've set my goal weight just under a BMI of 30. I'm going to start maintenance as soon as I hit that goal, and if I lose more after that, I'll just consider it gravy. You are doing absolutely great, and I'm sure you'll be more focused on learning how to do maintenance this time around. I agree with you. During the time I maintained my weight loss, it just felt like more dieting without losing... but in reality, it was great. My clothes all fit, and I could have the occasional treat or splurge meal, but I kept my basic eating habits about the same as when I was losing. Now, the trick for me will be to learn how to accept my body at my less than perfect goal weight, and to also learn how to cope with severe stress without bingeing.

Geoblewis I'm so sorry the scale is bouncing up and down for you. I definitely have had periods where I compact more and more by adding muscle mass while barely losing at all. Your plan sounds good, and maybe you should consider adding more protein to help with hunger. I have a pretty strict carb rule because I definitely notice that I lose way faster when I keep all starchy foods out of my diet, including the healthy ones like starchy veggies and beans, and fruit. Sigh. I must be the only person in the world who can't control herself around lentils, butternut squash, and beets!!! Sounds as if you are doing everything right and building muscle mass, so you should be seeing the scale start to drop soon! And good for you for working out so much. I honestly think that working out tends to improve appearance as much or more than losing weight alone.

LoseToAll
05-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Up .5 lb. I don't get it. I am doing everything I am supposed to.

Geoblewis. I am having the same problem with my scale just no change in number. I did notice the other day it was easier to bend down, more flexible. The exercising is working in that way but not on the scale. So frustrating.

I am going to scrub my bathroom from top to bottom and touch up paint. Still working to get the house perfect for my friends stay. Waiting for the carpet man to come and re-stretch some of my carpet. Bought a new fridge from Sears. It will be two weeks before it comes. What is up with that? Home Depot is like 3 days. Sears is an appliance store and they do not have it available. It was just a regular fridge. I don't get it. Also have to cut the top cabinet to make room for one inch taller. Did you know that the normal fridge has grown an inch since 2000? I guess everyone is having the same problem with their cabinets. Enough with the travel log sorry. Just trying to get my life together and it helps me feel in better control of my weight loss. Does anyone else feel the same? A cleaner organized environment help you feel in better control?

ubergirl
05-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Katie Welcome to Relosers and congratulations on the weight loss so far!! I just want to tell you that I completely relate to what you are saying on every single level! I lost 110 lbs between 2009 and 2010 and kept about 95 of it off all the way through 2011, but then I put on 60 pounds very rapidly in early 2012. I never went all the way back to where I was, thank god, but still!!! I'm convinced that part of my problem was that I never reached my goal weight. But I looked fabulous, ran four miles a day, was super fit, and I think I must have set my goal weight too low, because I couldn't force my body down any further than about 185-190, which for my height is a BMI of 29. In any case, even though I maintained for over a year, I never entered maintenance in my mind. I kept thinking that I was "failing at losing..." I also never really got a handle on my binge eating problem-- I just managed to keep it at bay for three years. When a period of severe stress hit, it came roaring back. This time, I've set my goal weight just under a BMI of 30. I'm going to start maintenance as soon as I hit that goal, and if I lose more after that, I'll just consider it gravy. You are doing absolutely great, and I'm sure you'll be more focused on learning how to do maintenance this time around. I agree with you. During the time I maintained my weight loss, it just felt like more dieting without losing... but in reality, it was great. My clothes all fit, and I could have the occasional treat or splurge meal, but I kept my basic eating habits about the same as when I was losing. Now, the trick for me will be to learn how to accept my body at my less than perfect goal weight, and to also learn how to cope with severe stress without bingeing.

Geoblewis I'm so sorry the scale is bouncing up and down for you. I definitely have had periods where I compact more and more by adding muscle mass while barely losing at all. Your plan sounds good, and maybe you should consider adding more protein to help with hunger. I have a pretty strict carb rule because I definitely notice that I lose way faster when I keep all starchy foods out of my diet, including the healthy ones like starchy veggies and beans, and fruit. Sigh. I must be the only person in the world who can't control herself around lentils, butternut squash, and beets!!! Sounds as if you are doing everything right and building muscle mass, so you should be seeing the scale start to drop soon! And good for you for working out so much. I honestly think that working out tends to improve appearance as much or more than losing weight alone.

I'm :carrot::carrot::carrot: happy:carrot::carrot::carrot: to report that I dropped another pound today. Down to 260. I've been very good about staying on plan! I'm amazed that I whizzed through the 260s. Now, I just hope that with my big trip coming up I can keep the momentum going. I've not been below 262 since July 2012, and I went from 190 to 259 between Jan and June 2012. So once I hit 259, I'll be losing the big regain weight and heading back toward goal! Hooray!

RitzyFritz
05-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Boots: Welcome back!! I understand how you are feeling. I contemplated creating a new user when I came back as well because I was so ashamed that I had done so badly. But, I'm glad I didn't because it made me feel better knowing that I could own up to the truth and get back on track in spite of my failure and in spite of the embarrassment that comes with facing the hard truth of gaining weight back - especially as much as I gained back. When returning, I literally did self-talk such as "Okay - I am not a monster. I am still the same person on the inside. I am still a wife, a mother, a friend, etc., and they aren't going to disown me." This regain stuff is hard to face, but we are in this together, and we will make it to goal together! This time around, we can handle it better because we know the consequence of not dealing with the emotional side of things as the weight comes off. We can do this. We know what it takes to make it happen, now let's do it. :hug:

Kaitie and ubergirl Y'all nailed the issue exactly. I enjoyed the ride down, but my mind didn't change as my body did, and I got to the end of the ride without a changed mindset. As mentioned, the stress of 2012 did cause me to lose sight of my healthy goals, but I also remember that at one point near my lowest weight I got overly confident from what I had accomplished, and my food choices started to reflect that. I truly believe this time around I have a greater appreciation for the hard work it takes to lose weight, and I feel like I will have a much different mindset once I get to goal again. This isn't just a joy ride (like it seemed to be the first time due to the newness and excitement of losing) but it is actually a "life or death" ride in the sense that my life will either be vibrant, healthy, and full of energy or I will be miserable, unhealthy, and fight diseases.

Here is a :grouphug: for us all. Each one of us are on the same journey and understand each other better than those who have not traveled this journey before, so we are better equipped to help each other get through this once again. Take care, everyone. I know we are all going to make it to goal - together!

MoniqueMclean
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Hey welcome to the forum everyone.. you know I can totally relate to you all these last few posts really signify to me that we all have our problems LIFE as we know it can be so cruel.. I have been trying to loose weight all my life and I never have been very successful at it. and for those who accomplish it are inspirational.. I haven't really been able to connect to anyone on here personally .. lol mabey that's the sensitive side of me coming out.. Then I say whiny wimp lol everyones probally laughing at you.. Ughh its terrible how bad we can talk to our self.. even this morning I thought after my 5k walk mabey I cant loose weight, mabey I am incapable of this and for the rest of my life ill be fat.. I hate it, I am with a Jamaican andi hate the stereo type that's associated with being with my husband.. yup there goes a Jamaican and his fat wife..its sucks I have always been the geek, the ugly girl the fat one.. its been horrible and so many times ive tried to change that but I end up the same every time fat, depressed and miserable..

anyways I have found lately I have been drifting away from here, I haven't gotten involved in to many convos, I gotta get more involved here it make a heck of a difference for my mentality!

hows everyone today anyways???

ubergirl
05-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Hey welcome to the forum everyone.. you know I can totally relate to you all these last few posts really signify to me that we all have our problems LIFE as we know it can be so cruel.. I have been trying to lose weight all my life and I never have been very successful at it. and for those who accomplish it are inspirational.. I haven't really been able to connect to anyone on here personally .. lol mabey that's the sensitive side of me coming out.. Then I say whiny wimp lol everyones probally laughing at you.. Ughh its terrible how bad we can talk to our self.. even this morning I thought after my 5k walk mabey I cant lose weight, mabey I am incapable of this and for the rest of my life ill be fat.. I hate it, I am with a Jamaican andi hate the stereo type that's associated with being with my husband.. yup there goes a Jamaican and his fat wife..its sucks I have always been the geek, the ugly girl the fat one.. its been horrible and so many times ive tried to change that but I end up the same every time fat, depressed and miserable..

anyways I have found lately I have been drifting away from here, I haven't gotten involved in to many convos, I gotta get more involved here it make a heck of a difference for my mentality!

hows everyone today anyways???
:hug::hug::hug::hug: Monique. You are not alone here! I read every single one of your posts and feel as if I'm getting to know you. If I skip over responding to you sometimes, SORRY! It's just that I'm addle-brained!

I really wish you were feeling better about yourself. Being fat and being miserable are actually two separate things, but in my life, very often, I thought they were the same thing. I thought "I'm miserable because I'm fat, and I won't be able to get happy unless I get skinny." Well, the sad truth is that I ONLY succeed at getting skinny when I'm relatively happy. Stress makes me fat, then being fat ADDS to my stress, but it doesn't create it.

I think it is almost impossible to lose weight when you are coming from the perspective of thinking that you suck. Then, it's almost like staying fat fulfills the way you see yourself. Please hang around! You are among friends here and we can all support each other to get this job done!

Boots I get what you mean about wanting to change identities, but Im with Ritzy Fritz, and I decided not to. Heck, I haven't even changed my Avatar which shows that I lost 105 lbs (109 actually). Oddly enough, it's still one of my life's biggest accomplishments. And, in a weird way, I still think of myself as a maintainer, even though I'm only maintaining part of my original loss (rather a small part, sigh...) So, try to focus on the good things about being a reloser. 1. We KNOW it can be done. During my 20 years of morbid obesity, I felt completely helpless. Now I know that the tools of change exist and will work if you work them. 2. We KNOW that we are not the super special ones. When people say that the hardest part is maintaining, they are right on the money. 2. Weight loss is a lifelong process, not a journey to a destination. It's not like you arrive and get to get off the train. You have to say on it forever... LOL... but true. We are in a great position to support each other!

Pink Hurricane
05-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I am definitely joining up on this thread! In the past year I have regained 35 pounds of the weight I had re lost from my heaviest weight. I topped out again at 252 and this morning I weighed 249.2 lbs, and I am hoping to keep the number moving down!

I started clean eating and my husband is on board! We also started Insanity together this week, so I hope to get super fit with him!! :D

RitzyFritz
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
MoniqueMclean: You are definitely in the right place to get the support you need. We really CAN do this, and we will - together! :hug:

Welcome, Pink Hurricane! We definitely have room for more friends here! :)

geoblewis
05-22-2013, 03:03 PM
I must be the only person in the world who can't control herself around lentils, butternut squash, and beets!!!
Uh...no. I'm the other one! Uber, I made Greek lentil soup for my boys earlier this week and couldn't stop myself from sampling it as I served up their dinner. I must have inhaled a whole cup in a matter of moments! And the beets, oh my! Roasted, dressed in olive oil, with fresh garlic and a little salt. Heaven! Obviously, I have to stay away from the starchy veg and fruit altogether. It's hard when I live in strawberry and cherry country, and watermelons will be ripe soon, and peaches, cantaloupe, etc. :'-( No fruit for me this summer!

But my carb restriction and calorie cutting resulted in a 2-lbs loss this morning. So I'm all excited about that. Hoping the enthusiasm carries me through my anxieties over losing weight. There is a definite emotional aspect to why I remain large. It makes me feel strong and protected. Hoping that my slowly emerging muscles make me feel emotionally strong enough to let go of the fatness.

Monique, you have touched my heart today. I know what it feels like to be in such a low spot. It is a trough of despair, and it comes from the darkest part of our psyche. For those of us that have had tougher moments in life, it is a natural place to remain, because it is a safe place. Yes, you read that correctly. It is a safe place to remain. And every time we make an effort to change up our life, that dark part pops up to pull us back down.

The way to deal with it is to honor it. We all have that place within us. It protected us during some part of our history. It is strong. I've come to accept that it is part of who I am. When I'm having moments of EPIC FAILURE (I have days when everything goes wrong) and I just want to go back to bed and hide from everything and everyone, I let myself feel like that for a little. And then I tell myself that I'm not doing any favors to myself if I want to hang around in that place. (It usually involves noodles with butter. :p) It feels like a safe place to be, but the more evolved part of my brain knows that it isn't a safe place for me to be any longer.

I'm glad you came here to share. It's hard to connect with people when you're not feeling good about yourself. But we have nothing but love for you, sister! No judgement here! And we're all here to point out how amazing you are, just in case you have momentary lapses in your self-image. :D

RitzyFritz
05-22-2013, 03:12 PM
It's hard to connect with people when you're not feeling good about yourself. But we have nothing but love for you, sister! No judgement here! And we're all here to point out how amazing you are, just in case you have momentary lapses in your self-image. :D

Very well said, geoblewis!

ubergirl
05-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Uh...no. I'm the other one! Uber, I made Greek lentil soup for my boys earlier this week and couldn't stop myself from sampling it as I served up their dinner. I must have inhaled a whole cup in a matter of moments! And the beets, oh my! Roasted, dressed in olive oil, with fresh garlic and a little salt. Heaven! Obviously, I have to stay away from the starchy veg and fruit altogether. It's hard when I live in strawberry and cherry country, and watermelons will be ripe soon, and peaches, cantaloupe, etc. :'-( No fruit for me this summer!

But my carb restriction and calorie cutting resulted in a 2-lbs loss this morning. So I'm all excited about that. Hoping the enthusiasm carries me through my anxieties over losing weight. There is a definite emotional aspect to why I remain large. It makes me feel strong and protected. Hoping that my slowly emerging muscles make me feel emotionally strong enough to let go of the fatness.

So happy that you posted a loss!! That is just wonderful! And I know what you mean about the fresh fruit. I try to limit to one serving of fruit a day, but I would hate to give it up entirely. And lentils... oh my.... I could eat an entire potful in one sitting. They are oh-so healthy, but I can't deal with the serving size.

LoseToAll
05-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Geoblewis. I have anxiety about losing the weight as well. How can we be so unhappy about our weight and yet so unready to be thin. I am safe when I am fat I do not know why. Anyone have a theory?

Still no loss but I am not giving up. I have noticed my upper arms are looking better. Smoother less ripple. That come from the consistent exercise.

Day 10 of 30 days.

Cheers. Have a great OP day. Funky

boots
05-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words RitzyFritz!

I saw you saved the old ticker! I already wiped mine in my quick profile cleanup!!! I was really trying to forget that I'd made it down so low and then piled it all back on + some!!

I need a new battery for my scale but I think I'm still doing really good! Feeling better already and the jeans are zipping up easily!

geoblewis
05-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Geoblewis. I have anxiety about losing the weight as well. How can we be so unhappy about our weight and yet so unready to be thin. I am safe when I am fat I do not know why. Anyone have a theory?

Well, I know why I hang on to it. It's so that I don't have to deal with losing my identity if I get into a significant relationship with anyone. Being fat usually keeps people away. And then I'm safe. I never learned how to hold on to my identity. I'm learning that now, and feeling stronger. I'm sure I'll lose weight at a rate that keeps up with how well I overcome my anxieties.

Happy to report I'm down 6 lbs. of my regain! :carrot:

ubergirl
05-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Happy to report I'm down 6 lbs. of my regain! :carrot:

Super Awesomeness! You are rocking it!

Pink Hurricane
05-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Weigh in this morning showed me at 247.2 lbs, so I have lost 4.8lbs from my regain! I definitely do not want to go down the slippery slope again, I'm going to stay on track and finally reach goal!

MoniqueMclean
05-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Ubergirl thanks so much I really appreciate your kind words.. I am trying to get to know all of you as well.. slowly and surely .. I respect that convo about being miserable and fat and its true for sure.. I am honestly trying to get happy. I have been miserable for a long time its hard to change..

Well today was a great day a NSV for sure some people noticed my weightloss and one woman called me skinny mini lol ..Geese I haven't lost a lot of weight thus far but damn sure motivated me to continue .. I was so proud of myself today I was beaming haha.. Oh yah I was feeling skinny in the mind lol.. But my work has paid off and now its showing ..I will continue on I missed my 5k walk today cause it was raining so I will have to get out there on sunday morning and do it because I work early Saturday morning.. so it goes I really enjoy power walking with my music on .. I feel powerful and you know that's not such a bad thing.. Hope you ladies and gents are doing phenominal ill chat at yall later .I gotta work off these meatballs I ate lol yah made a bad food choice and im like yah because everyone told you yah lost weight so that means eat the first thing yah see nooooo way .. Lets just say im over it and moving on .. Gosh I am such a character lol

ubergirl
05-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Monique Awesome NSV! Nothing as great as when people notice you!

I'm SO HAPPY that I hit my goal this am of getting to 259 before my big trip.

BethC
05-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Down 3.6# this week! I'm feeling more motivated than I've been in months!

LoseToAll
05-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Down a lb finally. Day 12 of 30 days. Getting through it.

Pink Hurricane
05-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Back down to 245, I am super happy about that. I've lost 7lbs this week from my regain!! :woohoo:

ubergirl
05-26-2013, 01:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Checking in from out-of-town. So busy and exhausted that I haven't eaten much. I think I'm doing well.

Happy Relosing and congratulations on the losses!

FrecklesTX
05-26-2013, 02:15 AM
I'm relosing my regain too! It's hard mostly because I'm so impatient to get back to where I was.

Last year in beginning of June, my lowest weight was 297.6. I had lost 88 lbs. well, over the last year I regained 27.6 of that.

So far I've lost 11.7 lbs of my regain so I have 15.9 to go and it can't go fast enough!!

RitzyFritz
05-26-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm relosing my regain too! It's hard mostly because I'm so impatient to get back to where I was.

Last year in beginning of June, my lowest weight was 297.6. I had lost 88 lbs. well, over the last year I regained 27.6 of that.

So far I've lost 11.7 lbs of my regain so I have 15.9 to go and it can't go fast enough!!

I totally hear that! I am the same way - this isn't happening fast enough! :lol: We will get there! But in the meantime, I have to work on my patience! :)

Congratulations on all the re-losing going on! This is awesome to read!! Keep up the great work, everyone!! :carrot:

boots
05-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Really excited about sticking to it and taking myself seriously. I'm still going down on the scale consistently all week!!!

Have to go to a cookout this afternoon though so I'm a bit worried about that.

geoblewis
05-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Freckles, this morning, we weigh the same! I'm down 9 lbs. of my regain!:carrot:

Two more pounds and I'll weigh less than what I weighed at my DEXA scan nine weeks ago. I have another one in two weeks and I'm determined to lose as much as possible by then. And no, I'm not a bit patient with myself about this weight loss thing at all!

I want to be over my fears about weighing less. I'm actually working on it with my therapist. Today I'm going to do some of my homework about the first time I tried to lose a lot of weight and I stopped myself from doing so. It was all about accommodating other people who had issues with my weight loss. Nearly all those people are gone from my life now. And I am so joyful!!!!

Today, I slept in again and finally had my 9 hours of sleep. Yes, 9 hours! I needed it so! I just had my breakfast of one homemade buttermilk and sprouted wheat waffle, plus two egg fried in butter, and a cup of coffee with cream. Yum! I am full! I think we're going to see the Trek movie, AGAIN! I don't want to stuff myself with popcorn, but I will be hungry by the time we go, so we're going to smuggle in sandwiches from my favorite new sandwich shop that makes the most awesome lettuce wraps. And that is it for food today!

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'm checking out till Monday.

GlamourGirl827
05-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Well, friends - unfortunately, I am in Oklahoma near the area that was devastated by tornadoes yesterday, and needless to say, all the turmoil and nerves that went along with being on alert all day caused me to totally lose focus on my diet, so my choices were not healthy ones. I feel like I am ready to be back on track today, and hopefully, we won't have anymore days like yesterday to distract my focus. Congratulations to all of you who have been staying OP! You are to be commended.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I want to tell you that it is understandable that those types of events can pull our focus from our diet and many other things. I am in the area that was hit by Sandy. During the week without power, the last thing on my mind was if what I was eating was on plan, considering everything refrigerated was going bad!...I never really got back on track and I found out a few weeks later I was pregnant ;) so here I am.
But definitely glad you feel that you are ready to get back on track!!

GlamourGirl827
05-26-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm not able to start weightloss yet, but my story is:

I spent most of my early 20s gaining and losing, stuck between the weights 155 lbs- 180 lbs. Always trying to get to like 130 but could never do it. But at that time did a lot of fad diets.

I then gained a lot of weight with baby #1 (2007) and was 240lbs after delivery.
I lost most of it, got down to 160ish. Swore I'd never regain...

Regained with baby #2 in 2010 (220 lbs).

Lost it all! Got down to 140ish, so close to goal....Really really swore I'd never regain...

Almost 30 weeks with baby #3 and 215lbs (ticker needs to be changed) and still 2 months to go....

But this is our last baby.

So the next journey needs to be the last. First to my life long wieght of like 160 where is seem to even out...then to break through that to 140 where I had been once before...then hopefully to 130.

I've only gotten down to 140 once, so I kind of have this fear I wont do it, that I'll get stuck in the 160s, or that for some other reason I'll regain since thats my pattern.

LoseToAll
05-26-2013, 04:11 PM
TOM and already hit the chocolate but I am count calories do I am okay. Up .5 today but I am okay with it. Still very focused. Memorial Day tomorrow so will have to work in my exercise with my family home.

Have a great OP day

MoniqueMclean
05-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Good morning re-loosers ugh I am tired just finished my 5k walk and I am tired..Good lord.. my scale isn't budging this week since Thursday ooh well.. just keep on keeping on. well I saw somebody I havnt seem in over a month and they confirmed my weighloss that was awesome.. I love that feeling :)..

So my mom bought me a size 14 capris i can do them up but i have serious muffin top hehe.. so they go on my wall and a goal pants to get into.. i have no idea how long that will take but ill try them on around this time next month mabey who know right..

So i got a question does anyone here eat wraps .. are they bad? i mean i use lots of veggies and baked chicken breast in them .. some input would be nice ...

hey lets get some good news around here like some pounds gone ..yahoo

Pink Hurricane
05-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Good morning!

Monique I cannot wait to say the same thing about size 14! Right now I just got back into 16s, but hey, at least you were able to get on the 14s! Just think before you know it you will be able to wear them comfortably!

I am very happy to see so many of y'all relosing! I am happy to say that my official weigh in day showed me down to 244.2!
It has been a while since I was below 245, so I feel like I finally am getting the whoosh I have been wanting. So now I have lost 8 pounds of my regain!

:woohoo:

What is everyone up to today?

boots
05-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Wraps all depend on the quality of what you're wrapping them with. my brother did really well with turkey + veggie wraps. But it seems expensive when you get ones that have a low carb and fat count with whole grains. So I only do them rarely. But my brother seriously lost like a 100 lbs on the turkey wraps.

I recently just discovered the frozen veggies that you can pop in the microwave IN the bag and steam for four minutes with relatively no effort or preparation! That's like PERFECT for my lifestyle haha! So me and the kids have been loading up on steamed vegetables all week!

Lyn2007
05-27-2013, 07:26 PM
howdy guys.

Wish I was a better poster here, but I do check in often and read how you guys are doing. I had a rough couple of weeks emotionally but am feeling better now. Well, I had a bad mammogram and tomorrow is the ultrasound to decide if I need a biopsy, but I feel mostly at peace with this and just ready to get it over with and find out what's going on.

RitzyFritz
05-28-2013, 07:29 AM
howdy guys.

Wish I was a better poster here, but I do check in often and read how you guys are doing. I had a rough couple of weeks emotionally but am feeling better now. Well, I had a bad mammogram and tomorrow is the ultrasound to decide if I need a biopsy, but I feel mostly at peace with this and just ready to get it over with and find out what's going on.

My prayers are with you today, Lyn, that things will be ok with you regarding this!!

time2lose
05-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi ya'll,

I have been traveling so have not checked in this thread in a few days.

Uber, Hope the trip is going great. Glad to hear that you are doing well. PS, I am jealous of the trip!!

Freckles and Ritzy, I am impatient to get back where I was too. I am working at forgiving myself but ........

Monique, I am impressed with a 5k walk and size 14s. Sorry, but I don't know anything that could help about wraps.

Pink, Size 16s are sounding good to me right now. I am just back in my 18s and they are a little tight. Congrats on getting below 245!

Lyn, just said a prayer for you. Let us know how it goes.

I have posted before about what I think of as "my extreme diet" that the doctor has me on. Even though I still have concerns about it, it feels like the pounds are flying off. I am losing 2 to 3 pounds a week when about a pound a week was normal for me when I had my journey from 300 pounds to 200 pounds. Fast weight loss is so seductive. I have decided to stick with this for another month. I keep thinking that at some point I will have to change because this is not a diet that I can follow long term. However, last time I thought that I was making changes that I could keep for a life time and still I regained weight. I just don't know what the long term solution is, but I am going to keep working on it.

Have a good day!

ubergirl
05-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi Everybody Checking in from Europe! Lyn-- hope your results are okay! Time2Lose, congrats on the fast weight loss and for sticking with it!

Have been away for 5 days already. According to my handy travel scale I was 261 today, which is up 2, but I've been doing pretty well with eating-- not as perfect as when I'm at home, but definitely keeping my plan in mind at all times.

Happy relosing, and I'll see ya'll soon.

Lyn2007
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
thanks guys, it came back as a benign cyst. I am so relieved I am emotionally exhausted.

time, I was reading your other threads on the board too and was thinking, what WAS it about fall 2010 that made several of us screw up?? I was my lowest weight then too and now am also fighting to get back down. And to think I thought 175 was fat.

geoblewis
05-28-2013, 06:18 PM
That is great news, Lyn! What a relief for you! :hug:

ubergirl
05-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Hooray, Lyn! Very relieved at your reassuring news.

I have to confess that the last two days have been less than perfect. Today I was careful and sensible for breakfast and lunch. Room service for dinner because I hate eating alone: I ordered chicken ceasar salad (good choice) and dessert (my mind tricking me into thinking that I should enjoy a treat since I'm traveling) But then I scarfed up every single roll and all of the butter. I should have asked them not to send up the rolls at all. Kind of pissed at myself as I might have well have helped myself to something delicious in the breakfast buffet and skipped the rolls which I ate just because they were there. It's hard for me to handle restaurant food when I'm alone. However, the alone leg of my trip is ending. I'm going to try to be sensible and am hoping that I can maintain for the duration of the trip. I'm not sure losing is in the cards for me, but you never know. I forced myself to add up all of the calories and since I was quite sensible for breakfast and lunch, even the big dinner didn't do a horrible amount of damage-- 1900-2000 calories total, which is not ideal, but I'm trying to reframe this as a normal meal rather than a crazy binge.

Lyn2007
05-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Today's food:

black decaf coffee
Medifast cereal with almond milk
Medifast pancake with blueberries
hard boiled egg and steamed asparagus, bowl of cucumber salad
Medifast shake
Iced coffee with a little half and half, Medifast brownie

Dinner is going to be a Greek salad with tons of greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, lamb, and a little bit of vinaigrette.

So as far as my plan goes, this is good, but a little shy of protein. So I will have a bowl of Greek yogurt tonight before bed.

Exercise: walking about 3/4 mile (in pain) and biking 15 minutes (not in pain).

gwenaa
05-28-2013, 09:35 PM
so frustrated with myself right now. after doing the 30ds and doing about half of the 30 day squat and 300 abs i stopped doing everything. trying to get my butt in gear to start working out again. been fighting a cold the last few days so i HOPE with rest today i will get back into it tomorrow. i wanted to post this here as a way to hold myself accountable for my actions.

geoblewis
05-29-2013, 01:24 AM
I was hungry today! Ate all my calories by lunch! I was not experiencing any hunger for the rest of the day, but when I got home after work, my youngest wanted me to make him dinner, and I tasted the whole time I was cooking.

But I made a new recipe up for him. He really wanted tuna in a spaghetti sauce over pasta, but we're not doing pasta these days. So I made the sauce like we like it and just served it over lightly steamed cauliflower. And it was good! Will have to make that again!

So I believe I went about 300 calories over budget for today. And carbs were still very, very low. Under 25. And I feel good!

My triceps are so sore from my workout yesterday. I have an itch on the top of my head and am struggling to scratch it! Stretching out my triceps is quite an experience tonight!

time2lose
05-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi ya'll,

Lyn, so glad to hear your good news!

Uber, It sounds like you are doing good to me. Unless you travel to Europe often, I think that it is OK to indulge a little while traveling.

Gwenaa, Sounds like you have a plan. I am much more likely to do everything that I need to do if I have a plan.

Geoblewis - If your youngest likes tuna in spaghetti sauce and cauliflower, I think that you are definately doing something right. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not teach my children good eating habits.

I am staying the course. Not much else to say. I have not been exercising much and I think that it is time to add that to my plan.

LoseToAll
05-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Up .5 today up and down and up and down, it is so frusterating. Holding on and staying the course. Day 16 of 30. Struggled Monday but exercised 20 min on the treadmill. Small victory

Ubergirl. You are doing fine, bread it always my downfall too. You will be home soon and back on track.

Lyn great news!!! Menu looks good you are doing great.

Geoblewis. Wow what a meal of combinations. Good for you and your son.

Gwenaa. Good job coming here. You are in the right place and you are safe. Get going on the exercise :-) there you have been told does that help? :-) We are pulling for you.

Time2lose we are in the same boat. I am pulling for you. Good luck.

gwenaa
05-30-2013, 12:12 AM
thanks guys, i spent a LOT of time cleaning and that was a workout an a half lol then i restarted the 30 day squat and the 300 abs. putting in my a/c tomorrow so i can do a dvd without passing out from the heat lol

time2lose
05-31-2013, 09:10 AM
I am excited and wanted to tell you guys. Every Friday I note my weight for my records. I did not expect much for this week because I went to my daughter's last weekend for my grandson's birthday. At his party on Saturday I had a slice of pizza and a piece of his cake. Then on Sunday I broke down and had another piece of cake. Between the extra calories and the traveling, I did not expect to lose very much this week. Ta da....... I am down 2.6 pounds since last Friday!

When I started this program that my doctor put me on I thought that it was very extreme. I have gotten used to it and it no longer seems so extreme. My rate of loss is just amazing me. When I first lost my 100 pounds, I was pleased with the weeks that I lost a pound. Now I lose 2 to 3 pounds a week. I am finding it hard to believe and just too good to be true.

ubergirl
06-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Cheryl! Fantastic! You are doing so great-- and it just goes to show that you can still lose even with the (very) occasional treat! I'm still on my trip and it hasn't been terrific. I can't even order for myself because I don't know what is on the menu, and boy can these Germans EAT. Today, for lunch I had sausages asparagus and potatoes. The asparagus and potatoes came in a BATH of butter. I couldn't even finish half of the meal and then everyone was giving me a hard time for not finishing. According to my travel scale I'm up to 262 which is a 3 lb gain, but I have a feeling that it's going to settle out that I'm going to be up a pound or two. The good news is that I haven't been snacking or gorging myself which is good in and of itself.

Looking forward to going home. The trip has been interesting, but I like to be more independent.

time2lose
06-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks, Uber! I am sorry that the trip has not been terrific. I know that it does feel awful to not be in control of what food is available. You are strong to not have snacked! Hopefully you won't be up more than that pound or two. Once you get home, you will be in control again and I am confident that you will go back to losing.

It has been an amazing weekend of milestones for me. All in one weekend,

1 - I weighed in at 218 on both Saturday and Sunday so I am no longer morbidly obese.
2 - Some tops that I love but had gotten too big to wear fit now.
3 - Last but not least, I crossed my legs today.

ubergirl
06-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Cheryl No longer morbidly obese! HOORAY!!! Crossing legs! HOORAY!!! Growing down into tops! HOORAY!! So happy for you on all counts!

And guess what? In spite of the fact that I'm all puffy and weighing in at 262, I also noticed that I was crossing my legs last night at dinner. Go figure!

Today for lunch was pastries and coffee. Oy! I miss fish and veggies.

LoseToAll
06-04-2013, 10:10 AM
My friend from Japan is here staying with us for a week. Eaten out 2 days in a row and with her here no exercise. But it has been great. Like the 13 years never happened. My goal was 10 pounds before she got here and I made 6 so okay. Spent yesterday walking around the city like a tourist so got my walking in. Just holding on and making it through another day.

Have a good day. Funky

MoniqueMclean
06-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone, well I am going to post some pictures here I posted in the main thread and 55 people looked and not 1 said a word.. I am getting really frustrated with 3fc and please no one take offence.. I feel like its a circle of good friends and everyone else can watch them have a good time. I post and some talk but just some others just plain out ignore me when I talk to them.. Is this a place of making friends or this place a little close nit circle and everyone else gets ignored.. I may sound little over the top but in 1 months and over 100 posts later I cannot say I have made 1 friend here. pretty sad if yah ask me..

anyways here are my pictures..:)

MoniqueMclean
06-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Losetoall you aint giving your self enough credit have a good time and just make good choices:) walking is Great SO it looks like your doing a lot of that.. have fun with your friend from japan sounds like you are having a blast:)

LoseToAll
06-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Monique. Thanks for the uplift.

I am sorry you feel left out. I know this thread is good. Otherwise I would not come back here. I tried the other threads and felt the same as you but here I have felt accepted.

Don't go. I will be your friend. I have enjoyed your posts. You are sassy and funny. I like them. Keep posting here. I am listening. Your friend Funky. :-)

geoblewis
06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
...in 1 months and over 100 posts later I cannot say I have made 1 friend here. pretty sad if yah ask me

Speaking only for myself, I use 3FC as an accountability tool, to see what others are experiencing, to ask questions and to share my experiences. I have been coming here for a few years and while I recognize people and exchange comments with a few on a regular basis, and even privately connect via messaging with one or two, I don't believe I will have anything more than fleeting casual friendships here.

I don't have expectations of others here. And if I'm posting "to the wind", then so be it. Sometimes I have my own thread topic going, just for me. I notice a lot of people looking at it, but no one responds. I'm fine with that. I just want to put stuff out there for myself to refer to in the future sometimes. Like right now, I'm focused on achieving push-ups. Did a little research, made a plan, and now I'm tracking my progress on my own thread on 3FC.

Having expectations of people freely participating in an open forum without any rules regarding how much they should post will definitely lead to disappointment. We are all free to participate as much as we want. I'm grateful to those who respond to my posts. And for me it's okay when they don't.

MoniqueMclean
06-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I just don't get the lingo here that's all I was really trying to understand I get it though and I hear yah.. It just frustrates me sometimes. Cause I wanna connect with people and share stories and talk a little more about nonsense lol.. But I wont have expectations for 3fc and anyone here, I don't think I did really but it was more of the hype everyone kept spreading that 3fc really helped them, and I wanted that to I aint going to lie ..

Thanks funky:) ill stick around this thread, and read and post. that's the thing with reading you can really cant understand someone tone or message fully. I hope you guys don't think I was getting snappy I just don't understand this place much.. I am behind haha

geoblewis
06-04-2013, 01:24 PM
3FC helps different people in different ways. It's a great place to go if you want to hear about the most popular trends of dieting. But don't come here for solid professional advice. A good forum for accountability to someone, if you need that (I do), but no one is going to call you to see why you're not coming to the gym for a workout.

If you have a specific topic you want to cover, start a thread. If you don't understand something, start a thread. If you want to share progress pics or as the age-old, "Does this make my a$$ look big?"...post it here!

Which reminds me, I have a fashion question to post. I think I'm so not hip any longer that I don't know how to match (or not to match) a handbag to an outfit. Heading over to the "Looking good feeling great" forum in a minute!

gwenaa
06-04-2013, 11:16 PM
i also use this place as more of a way to hold myself accountable, i recognize some profiles but haven't made any friends. the lingo i don't get either lol so your not alone.

still sticking to the 30 day squat and 300 abs, and other then a brief down fall(pmsing) in diet i've been pretty good with being back on track

MoniqueMclean
06-05-2013, 09:51 AM
LOL apparently I was too.. gwenaa ..lol I know what was meaning to say but yesterday I seriously sounded like I was coming off in a different way..thanks a lot guys :)

I was bad and checked the scales today 213 nice its a good feeling . finally getting control... my weigh ins are always Saturday now .. trying to keep it simple and give me some discipline.

geoblewis ... thanks I understand now I wasn't sure how to go about. it accountability is what I definatly need..

anyways have a wonderful day everyone.. I have a busy day .. Gotta like those kinda days :)

MoniqueMclean
06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I have a great NSV today btw I officially slid on and buttoned a pair of size 13 from stiches .. there clothes there are made for teens.. I am very happy today I didn't think this day was gunna be this fast but look I am here. I AM very appreciative today.. floating on a cloud ? oh and did I mention I happen to look very good in them well I think anyways... yippee

ubergirl
06-05-2013, 02:47 PM
MoniqueCongrats on the NSV. Wearing a smaller size is awesome!

I'm back from my trip. Didn't manage to follow any of my rules. I was being hosted by some people and I really had to go along with their food and drink agenda-- after a while, I just ate what they ate and didn't fight it. I weighed in this morning at 261.4, so up 2 pounds from when I left, but I'm still all puffy from 12 hours in the plane yesterday, so I think once I shed the water weight I'll be back where I started. Would have liked to post a loss, but I spent so much time sitting, eating, and drinking that there was no way. I'm still counting my time away as "on plan" because I didn't do any unscheduled or unplanned eating except for one night when I overdid it with the rolls and butter. The rest of the time, I just ate moderately from what I was served, but what I was served was a lot heavier than I would normally eat.

Back on track today, but I feel like my mind isn't really in the game and I need to really focus on WHY I'm doing this and restore my sense of urgency. One thing that sucks is that even with my 16 lb loss I still am almost too fat for an airplane seat belt. I have to pull it out all the way, which is just mortifying. I know that once I get down to 230 or so the airplane stops being such an issue, and I travel so much that I'm determined to get there and soon!

time2lose
06-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Monique - Size 13 :carrot: Congratulations!

Uber - Welcome home! Sounds like you did fine, 2 pounds does not seem like much of a gain. I bet that after the travel water weight comes off that you find that you lost some weight. Now, get your mind back in the game. ;)

ubergirl
06-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Ok, here for a confession. My day was not TERRIBLE but it wasn't great either.

Breakfast and lunch were okay, but for dinner I decided to make quesadillas for the kids. I was going to eat a veggie burger with the salsa and a little avocado-- the taste of quesadillas without the calories. Then, I thought oh what the heck, just go ahead and eat the quesadillas but count the calories. But I ate more than I meant to. Ok, not horrible, but not really an on plan day. But then I get the bright idea to take the little one out for ice cream. Sometimes, I'll eat a small cup of soft serve as an on plan treat. Except that having eating the quesadillas I was already over my calorie allotment. But I got the small cup anyway.... only thing is, after eating the quesadillas, I really wasn't that hungry so I only ate half a small. Am just about to add my calories and log them to keep myself on track. But, I'm really having trouble switching the discipline back on after the trip. Maybe I'm just jet-lagged and tomorrow will be better. It makes me nervous to feel myself slipping a little. I think I need to do another 30 day on plan commitment.

edited to add: I just added up my calories and I was around 1900 for the day. I won't lose eating that much, but I think it's still maintenance level. Feeling better and just need to really DECIDE what I'm going to eat for the next few days and then stick with it.

ubergirl
06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Ok, at the risk of making ya'll totally sick of me, I'm going to be posting often as I try to recover from my trip with a mini-goal of 3 perfectly on plan days. (it tells you something about my mindset that a 3 day goal seems enough of a challenge:dizzy:)

The good news is that this am I weighed in at 260, meaning that I'm still shedding the water weight from the trip.... so I finish the trip pretty much where I was when I left, as I still have a bit more water weight on board, judging from the mild puffiness that remains... which is good! The bad news is that my mind is playing tricks with me-- whispering in my ear that I managed to maintain my weight while eating lots of foods that I NEVER eat when I'm on plan... which leads my sneaky and uncooperative mind to whisper suggestions that I should should continue eating that way-- after all, I ate off plan for two weeks and MAINTAINED.

I know that is crazy thinking, but somehow it still messes with my mind.

SO, I'm going to return to my plan, which was working very well, and stick to it like glue for 3 days. On day 4, I have given myself permission to decide if I want to eat butter, jam, rolls, sausage, chocolate, and other foods I consumed on my trip, but my guess is that by then, I will decide that I'm doing quite well without them, thank you very much!

LoseToAll
06-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Ubergirl good for you. My mind works the same way as yours. Just a little won't hurt. I hear it in the back of my mind all the time.

Monique. Awesome on the 13. I can't wait until I am there.

My friend from Japan is still here. We are eating out alot and no time to exercise but I am still maintaining. We are going to have pizza tomorrow and sandwiches lots of bread I will just count the calories and move on. I always get veggie delite pizza so I can eat normal amount.

Well have to run. Have a great day. Funky

ubergirl
06-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Funky Sounds like you're having a fun time with your friend from Japan. Enjoy yourself!

Much better day today. Felt like eating non-stop yesterday and day before and then today, no appetite whatsoever. Skipped lunch, had a light snack at 4, and 2 oz of cheese with banana for dinner. Not sure why I'm not hungry. I'm so used to being hungry all the time that when I don't feel like eating, I think I'm sick.

Hope you all are doing well.
Uber

JessLess
06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Hi, I'm back. I went from 258 to 174 and then I stopped calorie counting and slacked a little on working out and went back up to 192. I've been scared to weigh myself but did today.

I joined Weight Watchers today with a co-worker. I've never done it before, but I'm hoping I can stop gaining and get to goal. I am pretty proud of myself for stopping the gain and waking up at 18 lbs. Gaining it all back, would suck.

So, wish me luck, I'm ready to work hard!

ubergirl
06-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi JessLess Good for you for stopping at 18 lbs! You'll trim that back off in no time, and joining WW with a co-worker seems like a great idea!

After losing 109 lbs between 2009 and 2010, I maintained throughout 2011, gaining and relosing about 8-10 lbs a couple of times, but from Jan-June 2012 I fell apart due to stress and ended up 80 lbs up. Yikes. No fun relosing such a big number, and I sure wish I had managed to hold onto more of the loss.

This morning, I'm happy to report that I'm back at my ticker weight. Am feeling really good about myself. Going off plan for close to two weeks on my trip, then having a rocky time shifting my diet back to normal on my return, and still, I'm back to my lowest weight after only a few days back home.

Am really looking forward to whizzing through the 250s (I hope!)

JessLess
06-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Great, good job getting back on track. I think what helped me was getting rid of all my clothes bigger than 16s. I'm too broke to buy bigger clothes, some weight has to come back off!

ubergirl
06-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Great, good job getting back on track. I think what helped me was getting rid of all my clothes bigger than 16s. I'm too broke to buy bigger clothes, some weight has to come back off!

LOL. I DID get rid of all of my big clothes, and I was sadly eventually forced to buy more clothes. Can't wait to get back into some of the smaller ones again!

Okay day today, but not amazing. Added up my calories and I was still under 1500, but if I really want to LOSE I've got to drop the carbs and get back down to 1200. Still I'm doing fine and trying not to make myself crazy.

LoseToAll
06-09-2013, 04:55 PM
I did the same but had to buy new ones too. Although I went to a thrift store for jeans. I thought I would not be in them long. I was wrong.

Had three pieces of pizza last night. Up a little on the scale today. Hope not for long. My friend from Japan left today now it is the start of summer with the kids. I am back on task for exercise tomorrow.

ubergirl
06-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I did the same but had to buy new ones too. Although I went to a thrift store for jeans. I thought I would not be in them long. I was wrong.

I kept wearing stretchy stuff and stuff that was too small for a really long time. Weirdly enough, I didn't really buy any new stuff until I really buckled down to get the weight off. I'm glad I did. At least now I have a few tee shirts that fit. I had one pair of Chico's black pants that fit me all the way from 185 to 275. I gotta say I wore them WAY to much.

time2lose
06-10-2013, 10:11 AM
About my Bigger clothes.... I got rid of most but kept some that I liked because they were really hard to find and were expensive. These were almost all jackets for work. I got rid of the shells and pants. For many years I had what I considered my "uniform", black pants, black shell and a jacket. I had mixed feelings when I had to pull them out again..... sad that I needed them but glad that I had the ones that I kept. When I had to unpack those, I bought 2 pairs of black pants and 3 black shells. Getting back in my "uniform" and having to do laundry every other night helped me get myself in the frame of mind to tackle weight loss again. I was so sad when I had to pack away the clothes that I bought on the journey down.

After losing over 30 pounds of that regain, I am back in most of the clothes from my lowest weight point but still wear only black pants. Today I am wearing my black pants and a fitted purple blouse and feel great about it!

Friday I saw the doctor that is supervising my diet. I was a little disappointed with my weight in. I can't find a correlation between my weight at home and at her office. Friday I weight 8 pounds more on her scale. Overall, my records there show that I have lost 30 pounds but I think it is really closer to 35. It really does not matter as the downward trend is the important thing. I have had plenty of NSVs to keep me encouraged.

LoseToAll
06-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Ate a bunch of food. Counted calories and I am moving on. Had to put my cat down today. She has been so sick and it was terrible but she is in a better place. So eating for comfort I guess. Back on it and exercise tomorrow.

gwenaa
06-10-2013, 11:29 PM
so sorry Losetoall that's awful, sometimes we need that down day to just do comfort things. hope tomorrows better for you.

food is a daily struggle for me but getting a little better lately, walking more and more. my daughter is in karate so i've been helping her practice her moves at home lol good workout

hope everyone has a good weight week :)

gwenaa
06-12-2013, 12:01 AM
ugh having a bloated day, feeling extra fat and gross :(

what do you do when you feel this way to help it or get past it till the next day?

tapifish
06-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Finally lost the water weight from a few days of bad eating....back on the right track!!

MoniqueMclean
06-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone, congrats on everyone keeping it going. Its nuts I have been a little slackish lately. I stay on plan but eat things I normally wouldn't allow myself.. so I feel super disappointed. I get a few of you's feeling a little discouraged I am too .. the last few days have been overall very good. thing is I am staying well within my plan yet aint loosing so I dunno.. hopefully the scale with budge soon .. But one thing I am proud of is that I havnt touched juice nor pop for almost 1 month and a half so I am proud of that. water to me now is life I enjoy it and embrace it tremendously.

I posted a question on the main page about plateau's if ANY of you know about it let me know.

have a good night or evening everyone lol..

ForTheFifth
06-12-2013, 10:11 PM
I got down to 180 pounds awhile ago. I was literally 25 pounds away from my goal.

That fact is depressing, but it also motivates me. Because, If I was there before, I cans surely get there again.

ubergirl
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Cheryl How frustrating about the weigh in! I think that would do me in. But congratulations on the 30 lb loss. You are doing so great!!

FunkyVery sorry about your cat. That is so hard!!!! No wonder you had a tough day.

As for me, I'm sorry to say that the last two days went from bad to worse. My daughter's graduation and lots of family in town, then half the family leaving again... Wednesday, we went out and I had a big lunch. Wasn't too hungry and was planning to eat a very light dinner-- but some family members were hungry, so we went out again. I went into the restaurant planning not to order anything because I wasn't hungry-- but this is a restaurant that serves my fave onion rings. Ended up eating onion rings for dinner. Calorie count at the end of the day was around 1800-- so not at all a good day, but not a huge and horrible disaster.

So, yesterday, started back on plan. But ate a quesadilla for lunch, so not an on plan choice. Made a nice healthy dinner-- salmon with zucchini but added some greasy frozen potatoes for the rest of the family... usually I pass up that kind of thing no problem, but I ate some... then, after dinner I deteriorated into binge mode-- ate (secretly) a huge bowl of whipped cream with strawberries, then a whole bunch of chocolates. Forced myself to add up the calories, which I do find is helpful to keep me on track. Depressed because this is the first time I felt like I was out-of-control binge eating since mid-April. I am mildly stressed, but nothing that should send me into a tailspin.

BUT, I'm still weighing in at 260, so even though I've been unfocused for two weeks and flat out awful for the last two days, I'm still holding onto the loss.

I'm not going to lose this battle AGAIN. I'm GOING to hang in there. Going to stay on plan today, no ifs ands or buts.

Hope ya'll are doing well, and hopefully better than me!!!

Plus, I was really not happy. Took a couple of nice posed pictures with my daughter wearing her graduation dress. 1) My dress was too small :-( I bought it right around the time I started back on plan, knowing my weight was going to come down, and it's stretchy, so I figured it would be find. I did lose 15 lbs since I bought the dress but it wasn't enough. Also, the style was unflattering because it had a tie waist, and I carry a lot of weight right in my tummy. I've had other recent photos that looked more flattering but all 3 shots were just a disaster. I looked horrible. Why oh why did I have to gain so much weight back, and why am I struggling to lose it again. It genuinely gets me down. For YEARS I knew I would look awful in pictures and I avoided them, but then, after losing the weight, for the past few years, I didn't mind getting my pictures taken. It's horribly painful to look at the pictures now, and my DD will only graduate once. I wish I had been able to give her the gift of a nice looking pictures. Sigh.

time2lose
06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
ForTheFifth originally posted Because, If I was there before, I cans surely get there again.
Exactly, the same goes for all of us on this thread. If we have done it before, we can do it again, hopefully for the last time.

Monique I don't think that yours is a plateau yet. You say you have been "a little slackish" so why don't you try tightening up a little?

Uber, with all that you have had going on, I think that you are doing very well to maintain at 260. Will you have a period of time now where you will be in the country without special occasions? :) At least you have been leading an exciting life!

I am still plugging away. Unless I have a whoosh before my weigh-in tomorrow morning, this will be the first week that I have not lost since I restarted. I am not upset, I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. I really think that I have some fluid build up and colon sludge. I will get that whoosh but it may not be tomorrow.

ubergirl
06-14-2013, 09:14 AM
gwenaa Bloated days are the worst. Hang in there and soon you'll have the fun of seeing a whoosh. The only good thing about retaining water is when it comes off.

As for me, another struggle day... started out okay but ended up with me eating a chocolate eclair in the grocery store parking lot after I had to run out to the store to buy a couple of things for my mom. Weight still maintaining at 260. Logged my calories.

Last time this happened to me I disappeared and ended up 60 lbs heavier. I wish I weren't struggling, but I'm determined to hang in here and make myself accountable. Cheryl For the rest of the summer, I'm hoping my life will be pretty peaceful, and I do hope that I'll white knuckle through this tough period.

time2lose
06-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Uber, you can do this! You sound like I did last year. I so wish that I had gotten control before I regained these 50 pounds. After a few days of white knuckling, it will get easier. If you need to, concentrate on keeping your calorie level at the maintenance level.

This morning I was down a pound. I will take it and be grateful for it.

geoblewis
06-14-2013, 02:10 PM
I keep bumping into a wall at 309 lbs. I drop down to that level, then pop up a pound or two the next day, then I struggle for another week until I muscle down and bump into it again. So darn frustrating!!!!

So just 10 lbs. till I've obliterated my regain. I am planning to go for my second DEXA scan soon, because I want to see how much fat mass vs. how much lean body mass I've lost. Or gained. I think I'd be a little happy if my very slow weight loss is due to extra fat loss while gaining muscle. My shirts are all tighter through my arms and shoulders but looser through my midsection. I'm happy with that. But not happy that my arms are not giving up the fat!!! Please! PUH-LEASE!

I noticed yesterday that my bottom of my backside is up higher than the bottom of my belly overhang now. The belly is more deflated, and all the squats, lunges and bridges are paying off as my backside shrinks. All the planks I'm doing every day are tightening up my muscles and separating them more from the fat layers.

Just trying to focus on feeling good about my progress. So close to being in all my size 22 pants again!

ubergirl
06-15-2013, 06:21 PM
geoblewis frustrating about the weight, but congratulations on all the work outs. I'm sure you're building LBM and that soon enough the scale will go down too!!

cheryl you are such an inspiration to me. I don't know exactly what my problem is, except that I feel like I just don't "want" to buckle down again.

Today, I skipped breakfast because I woke up late, then went out to lunch with my daughter where I ordered a healthy grilled chicken salad. It was a very light salad-- just about 4 oz of grilled chicken and plain lettuce-- I got my dressing on the side.

But, when I got home, I was in a "sweets" frame of mind, so I popped a chocolate into my mouth. (I know... why on earth do I have chocolates in my house at all???) Then, an hour later, I ate a cookie snack pack. Forced myself to add up the calories, so that I realized that having skipped breakfast, I was still fairly on track for calories...

With my head in this space, I think I'm going to try for maintenance until things settle down for me (at the end of this week), then I'm going to buckle back down and start losing again. This time around I refuse to REGAIN. If I have to take a break for losing from time to time, so be it, but no more losing then regaining. Finito.

Nori71
06-15-2013, 10:48 PM
I would love to join this thread for support with my return to this weight-loss journey... again. I cannot wallow in self-pity and just sit frustrated any longer. I am turning 42 next month and I starting on June 1st I simply felt an urgency to get this thing done. For good. When I weighed myself and was 300 pounds it scared me. I never, ever thought I would be one to let myself go. I have a history of binge/purge, although since having kids starting 9 years ago I don't purge anymore. I have been overweight all of my adult life. And many years also being obese and now morbidly (gosh, I hate that word!) obese. I haven't tried seriously to lose weight for a good two years now and during that time have gained 60 pounds.
I am eating low carb and counting calories for now. I need to join a gym. I actually do like exercising, but I am embarrassed of how I look (superficial, I know!) and that none of my exercise clothes fit me. Need to just get over it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

gwenaa
06-16-2013, 12:59 AM
welcome and good luck

ubergirl
06-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Hi All, checking in to say that this is my third straight day of eating off plan, and I'm actually getting worse every day, I think.

I'm sure I'm going to kick it back into gear soon. Thanks for listening.

MoniqueMclean
06-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Ubergirl... Omg you know what your being honest with yourself and all of us.. I think that is great... I am currently having this mentality..I just wanna say something and I would want this said to me !! why did you start this? why are u here? remember the reason you started this !

Don't loose your motivation you have come so far.. Don't let life and its obstacles stop you from doing what you set out to do .. Giving up is so easy never stop trying.. If you can find somewhere quiet, sit down and honesty just think about things.. Start remembering that your worth this.. I hope you start having a better day and days.. Find the strength to come back out of this.. you can do it girl ...Good luck!!

Nori

Welcome ... I wish you all the best.. this weightoss thing really stripes away the layers and you go through it, it can be uncomfortable at times.. But you have to accept that loosing weight is more then shedding pounds its us being accountable in our lives, dealing with food emotions , all that nasty uncomfy feeling we use food for.. I know you can do it just keep telling yourself your worth it.

Everyone else, hope your all doing good and keeping strong.. wow some of these days can be hard!!

LoseToAll
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Went camping Thursday-Sunday up 4 lbs. ate everything in sight but logged calories. Small victory.

Back on track today. Depressed with the gain and nothing in the house good to eat but will do it.

Nori71
06-17-2013, 03:10 PM
But one thing I am proud of is that I havn't touched juice nor pop for almost 1 month and a half so I am proud of that. water to me now is life I enjoy it and embrace it tremendously. WTG! I am not into drinking calories either. I also gave up all diet pop for now too. LOVE water and green tea.

ugh having a bloated day, feeling extra fat and gross :( what do you do when you feel this way to help it or get past it till the next day? Water! Green tea! Also, since I cut out gluten I am not bloated EVER! I don't know that I will stay gluten-free, but I'm not missing anything terribly much.

Nori

Welcome ... I wish you all the best.. this weightloss thing really stripes away the layers and you go through it, it can be uncomfortable at times.. But you have to accept that loosing weight is more then shedding pounds its us being accountable in our lives, dealing with food emotions , all that nasty uncomfy feeling we use food for.. I know you can do it just keep telling yourself your worth it.
Thanks! I agree, I know I have to deal with my relationship with food this time and have the self-respect to see it through. I don't want there to be another time that I loose a bunch of weight, relapse, feel bad, eat more, feel worse, eat more... I have two young daughters (8 & 9) and I need to win this battle for myself but also for them.

Everyone at the office is going out to Thai today. I am going to stay here and eat my tuna salad. :-) We went out yesterday for Fathers Day and I stayed on plan (the proof was the full basket of tortilla chips left on the table!) by ordering a chicken fajita salad. A little more grease than I would have liked, but it was a good choice.

Make it a good day!

ubergirl
06-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Went camping Thursday-Sunday up 4 lbs. ate everything in sight but logged calories. Small victory.

Back on track today. Depressed with the gain and nothing in the house good to eat but will do it.

Not a small victory at all! I've just been through several bad days in a row. FORCED myself to log every last stinking calorie and weigh in. Did it because I never logged calories or weighed in once when I was piling the weight back on.

Happy to report that I had a good day today. Uber is BACK!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

time2lose
06-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Happy to report that I had a good day today. Uber is BACK!

YEAH! :cp::cp:

gwenaa
06-18-2013, 11:11 AM
uber i've been the same way...to many bad days in a row but i feel better today, luckily the scale only went up a few lbs

i'm really happy to have this place to help keep me from going back to my old ways and gaining all the weight i've lost back cause i have done that before

ubergirl
06-18-2013, 01:03 PM
uber i've been the same way...to many bad days in a row but i feel better today, luckily the scale only went up a few lbs

i'm really happy to have this place to help keep me from going back to my old ways and gaining all the weight i've lost back cause i have done that before

Yeah... I had a powerful combination of motivators working for me back in 2009, and I sailed along never going off plan. It seemed almost effortless.
But the true long haul means fighting the good fight even when it's not magically clicking... luckily, I managed to maintain rather than gain through this period, but the one night that I flat out binged really scared the @#$ out of me.

Nori71
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Good morning!

So, I did not drop any weight this week. I think I lost so quickly at the beginning on the month that my body is adjusting to that. I know my calories have been on par for a 2 pound a week weight loss, so I will just keep doing what I'm doing! Funny thing is, I feel smaller. I should have my measurements. I put on some scrubs today that I haven't worn in awhile and they fit nicely.

Cali Doll
06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Not sure how I missed this thread. I honestly thought I'd never regain after losing 70 pounds back in 2009/2010. Somehow, last year, I just lost focus and I gained around 40 pounds (new boyfriend didn't help).

I had several restarts last year but I just couldn't commit to it...for whatever reason. I kept giving up.

Then, on 1 January, I'd had enough! Finally, I'm back on track.

I still haven't figured out why it was SO difficult this second time. I mean, I just couldn't stick to it. Back in 2009 it was almost...easy. I'll never take weight-loss for granted again. :-)

Anwyay, so far so good...only 18 pounds to lose (again). lol

Yeah... I had a powerful combination of motivators working for me back in 2009, and I sailed along never going off plan. It seemed almost effortless.
But the true long haul means fighting the good fight even when it's not magically clicking...

Uber, ditto, all!

Not a small victory at all! I've just been through several bad days in a row. FORCED myself to log every last stinking calorie and weigh in. Did it because I never logged calories or weighed in once when I was piling the weight back on.

Happy to report that I had a good day today. Uber is BACK!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Way to go!!!!!

Nori71
06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
But the true long haul means fighting the good fight even when it's not magically clicking... Love this. We just need to do the right thing and then do it again and again. Whether or not we feel like it. I heard a quote once by basketball legend Jerry West, “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.” Truth.

time2lose
06-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Nora, congrats on the scrubs. That type of proof that I am really losing weight encourages me more than the scale does.

Cali Doll, Welcome to the thread!

Originally Posted by ubergirl
But the true long haul means fighting the good fight even when it's not magically clicking...
Exactly, I have the short term worked out but the long haul still frightens me. I know that I can lose weight but keeping it off is another matter.

I rejoined the program at our county's wellness center. It has a small gym which costs $120/ year so I can't complain about the price. They also have an indoor walking track that is free to use. Believe me during the summer in South Carolina, you want to walk indoors! Anyway, I used the track last night and was nervous about it. I was pleased that I could still manage the same amount of laps that I used to, about 20 laps in 40 minutes. The first time I went there I was at my top weight of about 300 pounds and was only able to make 4 laps and my hips were really hurting. I am encouraged that even though I put a big chunk of weight back on, at least I did not get to the same place that I was when I started last time.

toastedsmoke
06-20-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm back again and I really need to be! I was doing okay since the last time I checked in. Not awesome sauce back in the 150s, but at least back within 10 lbs of my all time low and then I went on vacation. I just got back on Tuesday from England and weighed in today and it wasn't pretty. I'm now like 20 lbs away from my all time low which is just 10 lbs in just a couple of weeks. Obviously the intelligent part of me wants to believe I couldn't POSSIBLY have overeated 35000 calories in 2 weeks but when I think of the food free-for-all, that's been going on... I'm not sure it's all that impossible.

I'm not sure what is up with me and why I can't just get it together. I'm super busy at work, have more of a backlog now because the vacation was kind of an impromptu thing with my best friend who just lost her father and needed a break, I'm stressed and I can't stop eating! HELP!!! I used to dish out this sort of advice for breakfast and now that I'm struggling, I really feel like I'm failing!

carter
06-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Hey guys. I had a bit of a regain too. Some life issues led to some out-of-control behaviors. It could have been much worse than it was, but it wasn't pretty. ;)

I've been back on plan with rigor for about a month now, and while the regained weight is coming off slowly, I feel a lot better. The numbers on the scale aren't quite reflecting my hard work yet, but I can see my body starting to change back to what it was before the regain.

My stats over there <------- are a bit of a lie - that is the lowest weight I achieved, before the regain, about 10 months ago. Now I am at 177. I'd feel great if I just got back into the 150s - that low weight was probably too low to sustain for me. So, for now, my plan is to get back into the 150s, and then focus on recomposition.

gwenaa
06-22-2013, 01:16 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot: had a pretty good week, scale is back down to the number i have here after going up about 3lbs

time2lose
06-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Gwenaa - Congrats on a good week

Carter - Welcome to the thread! I am glad that you are feeling better. I think that is what weight loss is really about.

Toastedsmoke - I am sorry that you are struggling. You can do this!

I am doing fine. The weight loss has slowed down as I knew that it had to. I have lost 33 of my regained pounds. Even though I have 20 pounds to go to get back to my low, I feel so good. My mobility has improved and I have more energy. When I am tempted to eat something that will harm my progress, I want to remember how I feel now and how I felt 30 pounds ago. No food is worth going back to that.

carlee86
06-22-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm re-starting my journey. I lost 31 lbs before by slowly changing my eating habits and working out.

I gained it all back through a combination of coping with my mother's death and stress. While re-starting I plan to learn my stressers and try new avenues to deal with them so that I can continue to lose weight and feel better.

:)
Carlee

Loch
06-23-2013, 01:17 AM
Hello, I saw this thread and knew it would be great for me :).

I've regained lost weight twice, and this time I want to lose it for good. The most weight I've lost is 50lb, and I'd never felt so good as when I hit that 199 mark last year and the energy I felt was amazing. I need to do it again! I need to lose 101lb!

I can't wait to get to know some of you and help motivate others into kicking *** and losing weight ^^.

Lyn2007
06-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi guys.

I am so burned out on being on a "diet." I feel like there is smoke coming out of my ears. I already changed my lifestyle soooo much:

no sodas, ever
drinking tons of water
no fast food
almost no grains
almost no sugar
decaf coffee only, no creamer, black in the morning
walking daily
not adding salt
eating a lot of fruits and veggies
NO more binge eating

I mean, I changed all those things permanently. I think that is the only reason I have been able to keep off 60-70 pounds for years.

BUT, those lifestyle changes are not enough to get MORE weight off, so I feel like I have to "diet" meaning restrict. Not horrible restriction, just... enough to see regular losses, whether it is calorie counting, carb counting, exchanges, whatever. I just wish there was a way to lose the weight without so much focus and attention. It gets kind of old doesn't it? Especially second time around.

Loch
06-23-2013, 03:38 PM
It does suck, especially after you hit a plateau, because we try so hard and then something just...makes it stop.

The thing is, no matter the diet, or the change, or whatever you do, it all boils down to a basic science: burn more calories than you consume.

It's fantastic to start by cutting out all the bad foods, however, you may very well be eating so many of those good foods that you're maintaining your weight. If you haven't gone down OR up, that's what could be going on.

Look at ways you could burn off 500 calories a day for your height and weight. You could go for a walk, or bike, or do things around the house. If you don't want to restrict your current food intake, exercise is a great way to get off those extra pounds.

Or, you could start counting your calories. Did you know that a handful of nuts is 100 calories? Just 2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds unshelled is 100! Fruit is packed full of carbs, and sugars.

Take a close look at what you're eating, and consider how hard you wanna push yourself to meet your goals. It's tough, it'd be nice to just eat and lose weight without thinking, but then we'd have to really starve ourselves lol.

I know a couple good sites for tracking calories, and what activities burn what calories, and google also helps :).

Hope that helps!

I just wanted to add, I've been counting calories so long that I remember what has how many calories, so these days I barely have to think, I just measure and go.

Lyn2007
06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks Loch! I appreciate your suggestions!

I do think a lot of it has to do with lack of activity. I am just coming off a year of sitting in a recliner most of the time because I had severe plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis that did not respond to any treatments. It was HORRIBLE. One step was so painful I almost had to crawl. Finally it is getting better (cortisone shots) and this week I have been walking a couple miles a day. It is wonderful. I am trying to bike as well... hard to find the time but I am working on it. Hopefully it will make a difference.

Loch
06-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Another good thing is to measure yourself rather than weigh. Sometimes we gain muscle, especially if you do walk daily, or do an activity. Scales can throw us off, and we should never take them too seriously, because there are so many factors toward how much we weigh.

I hope you break that plateau and get back to losing! I'm sure it'll happen for you :).

LoseToAll
06-24-2013, 12:58 PM
I have been off plan for the last week. Back on track today. I have been counting calories and I am maintaining but I have not lost for 3 weeks, just up and down the same 3 pounds. So frustrating.

Everything you guys write hits notes with me. Keep up the posting it helps me so much. I can never put what I am feeling into words but then I read your posts and you are saying what I feel. It reassures me that I am not alone. Thanks.

Loch
06-24-2013, 02:15 PM
You're never alone LoseToAll. There are millions of people in the world struggling to get healthy. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change, and you'll get there!

If you find that the weight isn't budging, really think about what you're doing, and what you can change. Also, if you're exercising, remember that muscle weighs more than fat does! If you're gaining muscle you're going to be affecting the scales. That's why a lot of people measure themselves too.

If you use salt, cut it out as much as you can, sodium makes us retain water. Also, drink lots of water! So many people forget this, but water helps flush out toxins and also helps us stave off hunger. Sometimes we're thirsty, but we mistake that for hunger.

If you need any further help, feel free to message me :)

You can do it!

Lyn2007
06-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Going on and off is so hard, LoseToAll, it is the main reason I haven't gotten to goal in 5 years of effort. Seems like once I am off plan, I get up each morning and start off good and then by lunch I think "well I really want xyz, I will have it and then have this other food I was craving for dinner, and THEN I will be ready to start again tomorrow!" and that goes on for weeks or months. So hard.

1chunkychicken
06-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone, I'm brand new on here. Hoping to find some support and friends to help me through my journey. I have about 50 lbs. to lose. I am definitely an emotional eater. I'm going through menopause and have packed on the weight. It's so hard for me to just eat one cookie.....I eat the whole pack! I hope I can do this. I have a long way to go, but today I started my diet and I hope to get motivated from all of you.

kairyudo
06-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Hello - I'm joining this thread too. I've always been overweight and 2 years ago I was able to just push myself and exercise regularly. I did the 10k too for the first time ever and then everything went down after that. I've gained almost 20lbs and it's as if I self-sabotage... I don't want to binge eat but I want to too because it's as if there's this other voice that says 'that's all you'll ever be, you'll always fail so might as well start the fattening up now'. does anyone else feel that way or could it be just me..? sigh. anyway... I'm starting again...trying to..

Loch
06-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I feel that way all the time. I think to myself, who cares what anyone thinks? They see I'm fat already, I may as well just eat this junk food and be done with it.

But that's no way to live. You just have to keep reminding yourself that life is worth more than shoving cake in your face. Embrace health, and look toward a better you :)!

Nori71
06-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Wow, I didn't log on here for a few days and missed lots...

To all the emotional eaters, I get it. This is my demon. I think we have to start all over and readjust our thoughts about food. Unlike an alcoholic or a drug user who quits and quite possibly never touches alcohol or drugs again, we have to keep eating food. I have to continually tell myself that the purpose of food is to keep me alive - not for enjoyment or to make me happy. I do want to be healthy, so I need to eat healthy food.

I lost 17 pounds in the first 2 weeks of this month and now have been bouncing around up and down a pound or two. In the past this is my pattern also. I let go of large amounts of weight and then sit tight for awhile and then another woosh. I can tell my shape is getting smaller, so expecting a scale drop anyday now!

Nori71
06-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Hello - I'm joining this thread too. I've always been overweight and 2 years ago I was able to just push myself and exercise regularly. I did the 10k too for the first time ever and then everything went down after that. I've gained almost 20lbs and it's as if I self-sabotage... I don't want to binge eat but I want to too because it's as if there's this other voice that says 'that's all you'll ever be, you'll always fail so might as well start the fattening up now'. does anyone else feel that way or could it be just me..? sigh. anyway... I'm starting again...trying to.. In the past 2 years I have listened and bought into the negative self-talk going on in my head. I really never thought I'd be someone who would "let herself go". But, it happened and I just have to rise about it now. I'm not sure why I had to hit 300 pounds before getting angry about it. But, the bottom line is I want to be healthy. For myself and for my family. No one can do that for me except for me - and it's not a quick fix. It's doing the right thing and then doing it again and again and again. It's also good to do positive affirmations!

carter
06-25-2013, 04:38 PM
I was just reading back through some old posts of mine, from about 10 months ago, when I was at my lowest weight and contemplating the transition to maintenance - before the regain. It's hard to believe that I was really in the mid-150s, 20 pounds trimmer than I am now. I am miffed about this regain but also thoroughly determined to undo it.

I've been back on plan for one month. I just booked tickets for my second trip to India, in late October, just about 4 months from now. I am determined to stay on plan between now and then. I would love to be back in the 150s again when I leave.

kairyudo
06-26-2013, 06:17 AM
In the past 2 years I have listened and bought into the negative self-talk going on in my head. I really never thought I'd be someone who would "let herself go". But, it happened and I just have to rise about it now. I'm not sure why I had to hit 300 pounds before getting angry about it. But, the bottom line is I want to be healthy. For myself and for my family. No one can do that for me except for me - and it's not a quick fix. It's doing the right thing and then doing it again and again and again. It's also good to do positive affirmations!

So true. Doing the right thing and doing it again and again... and yes to positive affirmations too... i am horrible at that but i'll be working on it! Going for a walk NOW. haha :dance:

1chunkychicken
06-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm ready to lose weight for myself. I am tired of being fat. This probably sounds really messed up to some people the things I have started doing. I dread it when I leave my home, I'm afraid to run into someone I might know and they look at me and thinking..."she is so fat now". What's really sad, when I am around a group of people I will be the last one to get up and leave so no one will look at me. This makes me so sad and a feeling of not being worthy. Its not right and I have started my diet to try to change and help myself. Listening to all these stories have really helped me. One day at a time.

LoseToAll
06-27-2013, 03:58 PM
1Chunkychicken. I do the same thing. I will enter a room and find a back corner seat and stay there so no one will look at me.

I am just holding on. Not on plan just counting calories and weighing.

I see no end to being fat. I was born this way and have been stuck in the fat zone all my life. I just need to get it together. I have a cruise the first week in Oct and I want to be fit. I am not even going to make a weight lose goal just exercise and eat right. Having goals is so hard because I fail every time. Failing myself has become a constant in my life lately. I just need to get myself together and follow a plan.

Negative thoughts swirl around me. I have changed so much and not in a good way. I want to be a good person and I struggle with even being good to myself and this causes me to stay away from others. It is a sad life.

1chunkychicken
06-27-2013, 06:05 PM
LoseToAll. That is just an awful feeling isn't it? I gain, I lose and gain again. I never weigh myself (I guessed my weight on here), I just measure. How I feel in my clothes is all that counts. What's hard is when I gain a lot of weight, I get very depressed and eating makes me feel so much better. Its something to look forward to when your watching a good movie...grab a bag of chips, ice cream or whatever. It gives me comfort. Its so hard to change that lifestyle. I am the queen of negative.....ugghhhhh! we can do this together. Talking about it helps me. I will try to help you to if I can. You get ready for that cruise, we CAN DO THIS.

kairyudo
06-27-2013, 09:34 PM
I feel that way all the time. I think to myself, who cares what anyone thinks? They see I'm fat already, I may as well just eat this junk food and be done with it.

But that's no way to live. You just have to keep reminding yourself that life is worth more than shoving cake in your face. Embrace health, and look toward a better you :)!

Yeah... I don't know if it's cuz I'd rather be the first one to say the hurtful things about my body than hear it first from others.. maybe that's why I self-berate... as a strange way of protecting myself..?

But I walked yesterday and the day before... I have foot problems and am not allowed to run or jump or do any aerobic activity which is sad cuz I loved running (didn't think I would when I first started). And I'm also trying to do the intermittent fasting thing...sigh.. just for today imma do my best to be good!! :D Thanks for the encouragement!

RitzyFritz
06-28-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm ready to lose weight for myself. I am tired of being fat. This probably sounds really messed up to some people the things I have started doing. I dread it when I leave my home, I'm afraid to run into someone I might know and they look at me and thinking..."she is so fat now".

I do the SAME thing!! I am ALL THE TIME avoiding social settings where I think someone who knew me when I had lost all my weight will be there. Seriously! I avoid it like the plague. It is a very miserable way to live.

I also don't like to go eat at buffets because it feels like everyone is judging me. I am sure everyone there is focusing on their food and plate and not mine, but that is my own conscience bothering me, and it is hard to live with.

But.....we can do this - yes again! We know we are the same person deep inside (except with the guilt). We still have the same talents, potential, love for our families, strengths, and passions. We turn ourselves into something less by letting the social setting intimidate us, but guilt is a very powerful feeling, and this is a very good reason for us to get this weight back off. We can do it! Hugs to everyone here today who might be feeling down. You are still worth a hug. You are still worthy of a good life, friendship, and companionship. We just have to believe in ourselves even while we are on our way back down. :hug:

Harriette
06-28-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm ready to lose weight for myself. I am tired of being fat. This probably sounds really messed up to some people the things I have started doing. I dread it when I leave my home, I'm afraid to run into someone I might know and they look at me and thinking..."she is so fat now". What's really sad, when I am around a group of people I will be the last one to get up and leave so no one will look at me. This makes me so sad and a feeling of not being worthy. Its not right and I have started my diet to try to change and help myself. Listening to all these stories have really helped me. One day at a time.

SO Exactly the same. I see a trend! Ok so I do not actually have to lose 100 lbs but at my height, really I might as well and this applies to use all apparently!

I cover up. It's hot out yet I wear a jacket so people can't see just how big I am (somehow this makes sense in my mind!). I see people I have not seen in 6 months and I can see it in their faces as they look at me " Oh She got fat again!" I avoid some of my fitness classes for the same reason. It actually is a bit part of my motivation to lose wight, I HATE feeling this way. if I want to binge I think of their faces and how I want to be thin again and choose some veggies instead (which are rather yummy roasted I must say!). Take it one day at a time. Eventually you will be the first one to leave the table to ENSURE everyone looks at you! :D

carter
06-28-2013, 11:28 AM
The longer I work at shedding this regain the more pissed off about it I get.

I have been reading back through some of my old posts and I am massively annoyed at myself. It took me about a full year to lose these 20 pounds last time. Now I have to do it AGAIN, and I'm kidding myself that I can have most of it gone by the time I leave for India in October. Grrrr!

I'm angry because I let the regain happen. I'm angry at how I feel, that many of my nice newer clothes do not fit right any more. I am trying to channel this anger productively - like firing it up when I am white-knuckling through the urge to binge. "No Carter, remember how badly you want to undo this regain. Don't go there. Don't even go there once."

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

LoseToAll
06-28-2013, 12:22 PM
TOM started and that always puts me behind.

All your posts are amazing. You are talking about my life too.

I am going to try and use my anger as well. Maybe that will work for me instead of against me. Just working on staying in control.

RitzyFritz
06-29-2013, 09:59 AM
The longer I work at shedding this regain the more pissed off about it I get.

I have been reading back through some of my old posts and I am massively annoyed at myself.

Double ditto!! For me (when viewing the old posts AND progress photos) I came to tears first - then the anger came. How in the world COULD I do this to myself? Well, that is good for a while, but then I have to stop living in the past and put my efforts into the "right now." The reality right now is that it did happened, and the only thing I can do about it is work to get it back off. I know that is stating the obvious, but really, what else can I do? I cannot wallow in those angry feelings for too long because that just tends to bring me down. I have to have a new determination and a new excitement apart from what I had last time. I have to create a new happiness for the here and now. It is very hard to do, but I'm finding that I almost have to forget that I did this once before and treat this as a new journey and new challenge so those feelings of depression and anger don't consume me. They threaten me every day, but if I focus on "this is a new day and a new journey" I tend to do better. Here's wishing us all well. :hug:

carter
07-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Hello regainers. Still boiling mad about this regain, which I'm taking as a good sign because it's keeping me stuck to my plan like glue. I overdid it on exercise this weekend - doesn't happen to me often - and I'm hobbling around with some seriously sore thighs. But I'll take it. Weight is still not coming off any faster than these 20 pounds did the first time through but I am starting to see something like the body I had a year ago and I'm very happy about that. The definition in my arms that I was so proud of is back. Hips starting to firm up again. Grrrrr!

Pink Hurricane
07-01-2013, 03:26 PM
So I climbed all the way back up to 255lbs.
I'm stopping the slippery slope of regaining weight TODAY.

So yeah, no more gaining. Only losing and getting more tone and fit!

How's everyone doing today?

LoseToAll
07-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I am off plan and I have no willpower to get on track. Too much stress and I am just off.

I am still counting calories and weighing in but I just can not stay on plan. I am still thoughtful of what I am eating and maintain at same 3 lbs up and down.

I wish I liked to exercise then I would have an outlet but I detest it and doing it is a chore of huge cost to me. I know I am just whining thanks for listening. Today is another day to stay on plan wish me luck.

Pink Hurricane
07-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Day 1 and 2 went very well.
So far this morning Day 3 is going well. I have a lot of mini goals for the day set in place, and my main motivation right now is being healthy enough to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. My husband and I are so excited to start our family, and I want to be able to have a body ready for that!

LoseToAll
07-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Stayed with fruits and veggies until dinner then had pizza pocket. Need to start exercising again. Still at 233 and just fighting the same three lbs. another weekend to work through. The weekends are my downfall. With everybody home and having to cook three meals a day makes me spend more time in the kitchen and eat more.

How is everybody doing?

geoblewis
07-06-2013, 01:20 AM
I've been traveling, etc. WAY off my focus here. Weight went up again to 317 lbs. a couple days ago. Have been working at getting back on course and I'm down to 314 today.

I had planned to do a 24-hour fast starting last night, but the last thing I ate was quite carby, not enough protein either, and that led me to some intense hunger this morning. Switched plans and focused on going low carb instead and eating lots of non-starchy vegetables and adequate protein and fat. I think I'll do that all weekend, staying off all sweets and starchy carbs entirely. And then I'll do a 24-hour fast. I've been overeating. That's got to stop!

I really don't do well in the summer. It's been so dang hot, and my sleep cycle is entirely messed up. This leads me to inappropriate eating just to stay awake and energized during the day. Vicious cycle. Fortunately I'm keeping up with my exercise.

Loch
07-06-2013, 02:06 AM
I fell off the wagon big time. Not proud of myself but...I snuck back on. I'm embarrassed that I can't stick to this thing like I did last time.

I found a kick-boxing class in town that offers a free first class, so I'm going to try it. I've always been good at sticking to things like that, so I'm hoping if I have a class like that, I'll get off my ***. The nice thing is their classes are in the evening.

The hard part is that my trip to California is on the 18th - 29th, and I keep thinking, oh I'll cheat anyway while I'm there. But damn it, that doesn't mean I should cheat now :(.

Anyway, I thought I'd pop in here again and rant a little :(. I hope everyone else is doing better than I am.

Pink Hurricane
07-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Losetoall~ Weekends are a hard time for me too because I am in the kitchen more since my husband and I are both home, so I started taking full advantage of that time. I realize I have more control over what kind of food we eat, and I make a lot of healthier substitutions for classic dishes to make them more diet friendly!

Georgia~ Good to have a plan to get started back on your journey! You have a lot of will power to be able to fast, I am such a grazer that fasting would be super hard for me!

Loch~ Don't worry about falling off, and don't feel embarrassed! I am in the same boat and I regained all the way back to within 20 pounds of my highest weight. The great part is that you are back on plan! I looooooove kickboxing so that might be something you will truly enjoy! Also, when you go to Cali, you don't have to go completely off plan and still enjoy yourself, are you going to have access to healthy options, a place to workout inside or outside, etc?

This morning I was at 249.2, so I am still moving on back down! This morning I am about to gear up and do Insanity's Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I am pretty dang sore from my workouts so far this week but I am going to keep going! It's almost Cardio Recovery and then rest day! Other than my workout and doing some extra house cleaning, I plan on relaxing the rest of the day and then getting to spend a lot of time with my husband after he gets off work! Here's to a healthy and happy weekend for everyone!

carter
07-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Down to 172 this morning, so determined to lick this damned regain. I am not going to get too cocky until I am solidly in the 160s. ;-)

Do you folks find yourself fired up or pissed off about your regains? I do, and it's been an unexpected source of strength in moments when I need to apply discipline. I don't expect that to last forever, especially as I get back down into my maintenance zone, but I'm riding it for now and even grateful for it.

geoblewis
07-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I am kicking myself right now. Shall I blame it on lack of sleep? I made the poor choice of eating a potato with breakfast. And I had a BIG breakfast. So now, I'm still hungry! Stupid me!

I have been tracking my calories with the Livestrong MyPlate site. I'm constantly tweaking the numbers, usually setting it at how many calories I am shooting for in a day. Last night I decided that, since I usually eat more than what I set myself up for, that I would change the setting to my TDEE maintenance level, according to the Katch-McCardle formula and my body fat percentage. If I eat less than that (2240 calories), I won't gain weight. Right?

I went over that level by 200 calories yesterday. I totally overate fats. But I did keep the net carbs low (under 50 gm) and ate a lot of non-starchy vegetables. I had the right amount of protein too. I did weigh myself this morning and saw that I gained 2 lbs since yesterday. So that's got to be some water retention. My hands and feet feel rather sausage-like today.

Carter, I have used anger at myself as a force for good in the past, but it's usually about not being organized. At this point, I've been focused on my weight for so long that it just feels like a part of my life. I long to be free from this! I dream about how much I'll get done in when I don't have to take time to consider how much I weigh/eat/exercise.

Pink, the mental discipline of fasting is difficult for me. I find my thoughts turn to food all the time when I don't have something really interesting to do. On days when I have great projects to work on, I don't remember to eat. Wish I had work like that all the time! I have plenty of work to do, but it's the boring easy stuff that I eat through. When planning a fast, I try to structure those days so that I'm not at home and I don't have any cash on me, plus I have something to do that is really a fun sort of puzzle for me to work out. And also, not a day when I have to cook for other people. Hmmm, maybe I should create a fasting retreat for myself.

geoblewis
07-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Back down to 311 today. The IF is working for me again! If I can push below 309 by next week, I will be a happy woman!

LoseToAll
07-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Have the flu. Down 4 lbs. I like that but I hate being sick. Just holding on right now.

LoseToAll
07-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Finally over the flu. Started exercising again today after 5 weeks off.

Went over calories but still counting and measuring so that is good for today.

Had a family get together yesterday and just thought about how fat I am and I ate everything. I felt like the anxiety of Thanksgiving. Family always pushes me overboard. Wish that stuff would just go away.

time2lose
07-16-2013, 09:40 AM
I haven't checked in to this thread for awhile. This low carb diet has been working well for me. The rate of loss has slowed but I did not expect to keep that fast pace (for me) the whole journey. I have lost 43 pounds of my regain and have 12 more to go. It will still takes weeks to lose those 12 but I feel better and fit into most of my lowest weight clothes.

Best of all, I feel better and my knees do not hurt as much.

LoseToAll
07-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Time2lose. Congrats you are doing so great. You inspire me. What size are you wearing now?

Exercised 2 times this week. Feeling pretty good about it. Just need to get my food in order. Just working on getting myself under control.

Planning a major hike in Sept and I want to be in shape enough to make it without stopping every steep hill. So exercising every weekday is my goal.

geoblewis
07-17-2013, 07:37 PM
310 lbs. this morning! YES! I have my second DEXA scan scheduled for a week from Thursday. Last time I weighed 309 lbs. and had 152 lbs. of lean body mass. I've been working out with cardio, Pilates, weights and TRX, six hours a week. For this last week, I'm going to hone my weight training a bit and start Phase 1, Week 1 of the Venus Index workout. I need to start paying more attention to my upper body work. Hoping to shred some real fat and gain a little more muscle over the next week.

I started my weight loss journey at 363 lbs. When I lost my first 10%, (326 lbs.) I rewarded myself with a trip to L.A., to see The Late Late Show. I LOVE Craig Ferguson. When I was in the audience, I was given a Late Late Show t-shirt. It was sized large. I couldn't wear it, yet. My goal is to attend a taping of the show every time I lose another 10% of my total weight, and to eventually wear the t-shirt to the show. Who knows...maybe I'll get to be on TV!

So, my next trip to the show will be at 294 lbs. I had gotten down to 300 lbs. before I lost my way and regained. 16 lbs. to go!

LoseToAll
07-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Geoblewis. That is great. I love that you have goals. Tshirt here you come. And I know you will be at the show before you know it.

Do you go to the gym to do all those different kinds of exercise? Or at home? You are an inspiration with 6 hours a week. Awesome!!!

Trying to get the willpower to exercise this morning. Just have to do it. Have a great day.

geoblewis
07-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Lose, I discovered that I am more prone to consistent exercise when I do it in community. I am also a fitness equipment slut! While my garage is well-stocked with fitness gear, I prefer to exercise at the studio with people who are now good friends. And it helps that I got a job as the manager there too! My boss requires me to workout daily, because I assist her with stuff during the workouts. Some days I have to be there for two workouts. Starting this fall, we're adding a second workout in the afternoons twice a week to accommodate for more clients, so I'll be assisting with those as well. So I'll be doing 8 hours of exercise a week by then! Parts of me are cringing at the thought, but I sleep so much better when I exercise twice a day.

So next week, while the studio is closed, I have to go in to manage some business stuff every day. While I'm there, I plan to exercise. We'll see how that goes. :D

raworz
07-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Hello everyone! I'm so happy to see a thread like this. I've been silently looking through forums, ashamed to celebrate the loss of 23 lbs because I have done it all before.
So this definitely makes me feel better. :)
My lowest was 187, and I ate my way back to 223... Got married at that weight and now I'm trying again with a weight of 200.6! A little ways to reentering the 100's.
Good luck to everyone!

mel1969
07-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Hi All,
I'm new to to the forum. I'm new to being on a forum of any kind. I'm not new to weight loss. Been struggling with it all my life. A couple of years ago I went to a nutritionist and lost almost 70 pounds. Went through some seriously stressful events and . . . poof . . . here I am again. Gained it all back and then some. I'm having a terrible time getting started again. I'm a dog owner/lover and last weight loss I remember thinking, "Wow, I've lost half a (40lb) bag of dog food." "OMG, I've lost a whole bag of dog food." ". . . . I've lost almost 2 bags of dog food!!!!" This was a big deal since, before I lost weight, I'd go to Costco, buy a 40lb bag of dog food, and I'd leave it in my car because it was too heavy to carry. I would just take up about a gallon at a time until the bag got light enough to carry. So, it was HUGE when I realized that I was well on my way to loosing TWO bags worth. I don't know how I wound up here again. I ran across this forum tonight and it looks very inspiring and supportive, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was very glad to see this thread because -- it's true -- there is something very different about regainer/reloser.

How do you get one of the cool weight loss tickers?

LoseToAll
07-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Welcome. Mel and raworz this is a great place.

Mel I love your dog food bag story. So visual I can just see it. Try making a goal. What kinds of goals are you working on?

Raworz that is so great about you almost getting into 100's. What are you doing to lose? Love to hear your plan.

Relosing is different because we have done it before and it is harder to get into the groove of repeat.

I am working on exercising everyday and keeping the calories down. It is harder because the kids are home from school and I can not exercise in front of others. Just too embarrassed.

Geoblewis what kind of job do you have? Do you work at a gym? I wish I liked community exercise. I tried curves and I have too much social anxiety to do it. That is why this place helps me. I can share openly. Thanks for your posts.

Well have a great day. Later.

raworz
07-19-2013, 04:44 PM
LTA: I'm starting off the most encouraging way I know how. I'm doing walking if I'm up to it, but not pushing myself to be an exercising fool like last time. I think that's what burnt me out and I just wanted a little break and it went off from there. I'm counting calories, not carbs or sodium intake. Only calories. Using the tool on livestrong, it's very helpful.

Today is my husbands birthday and he seems hellbent on me breaking my diet for two days and eat whatever he does. He want's to go to a buffet, which I think is the worst place ever to take me... But it's his birthday and I have control of myself.
This morning he wanted breakfast from jack in the box and I chose to eat an 800 calorie breakfast (one breakfast sandwich with ham taken off and 2 hash browns)
My calorie limit is 1570 and my period isn't helping anything >.<
I have a spaghetti squash, light progresso soup and shirataki noodles among other things that will allow me to choose my last 770 calories wisely. Does anybody else "charge" themselves a certain amount of calories when eating this calorie-less shirataki noodle (no tofu)

I've been at least 100 calories under my limit for the past few days.
So I'm hoping that tomorrow when we go out to celebrate his birthday that will give me a small cushion should I not have the best of control.

Good luck with your journey everyone!

geoblewis
07-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes Lose, I'm the manager of a Pilates studio. I feel so blessed to work there! I have so much wonderful support from my boss, my staff and all our clients. I don't make much money at it...yet. I was hired to help the business grow, and that is happening now, so I hope to be there full time in the next year. I'm also studying to get my AFAA group fitness trainer certificate this year. So excited about that! Five years ago, when I was struggling just to march in place for more than 10 minutes I would not have believed that I'd be doing all this!

Raworz, welcome to our group! I am sending you good energy so you can make the choices you really want to make at the buffet. I struggle with making good choices when I eat out with other people. If I play along, I really regret my choices later on and they can really mess with my progress. But when I stick to my guns and pick the foods that are good for me, then I get grilled about why I'm not playing along. I hope you have a good time and find balance.

Today I weighed in at 310...again! I am a little stressed about the weekend. I tend to be a little too indulgent on the weekends and spend a couple days the following week recovering from that. But I need to push through. No slacking till Thursday!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

raworz
07-19-2013, 06:37 PM
geo: Oh yes, it's like they can't possibly have a good time if you aren't stuffing your face with the rest of them. Sigh, oh well. It's either making you feel good or them I suppose. & we should choose ourselves! At least in this instance. :)

I'm hoping these 2lbs that keep snatching my onederland achievement from me is only water weight from my "."

I haven't been going over so we will see.

Have you guys ever heard pf artic zero pints of ice cream?
The mint chocolate chip cookie one is very satisfying and it's only 37 calories for 70 grams.
It's been keeping me from going over my calorie limit. 150 calories for the whole pint!

LoseToAll
07-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Raworz. I know what you mean about satisfying what other people want. It seems like that is all I do. One time I actually had to yell once about not eating cake at a family party. They would not shut up about me eating the stupid cake.

Geoblewis. It sounds like you are getting it together. What got you in with that job? I love pilates I wish I had a studio to go to but I just can't do it in public.

Just trying to keep it together for the weekend. Counting calories. Wish me luck.

geoblewis
07-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Lose, I actually have my own business as a web developer, content writer and small business consultant. I was just starting my business when I had started attending the Pilates classes at this studio. The studio is just a small business, and the owner had no website or Facebook presence and no idea why she should have that. She's good at the fitness stuff. So we traded services. I got free Pilates classes and she got a website and Facebook page. Then I started pitching more ideas to her to expand the business. And she saw potential in me as a trainer to those with limitations in mobility, plus some additional skills. Late last year I taught some rudimentary belly dancing classes for fun, and later this summer we're offering Greek folk dancing classes as a fund raiser for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

By the start of this year, she made me her business manager. I've got a lot of culinary experience so I'm teaching cooking classes through the studio too. And we have developed a nutrition and fitness challenge together that we launched earlier this year through the studio. We're working on it to make it available online as well. After that, we're going to work on a book together. I have enough time to still run my business and work for other clients during the week as well as work for her. But I wouldn't mind letting my business go if bee's really took off and needed me full time!

ninae
07-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind another new face.

A few years ago I lost about 50 lbs, then life happened and all 50 came back and some brought pals, grrrr ;)

So now I'm back and trying again, for the sake of my health. Apart from the physical, my depression gets worse when I'm not out and about.

LoseToAll
07-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Ninae Welcome, share your story. I would love to hear what threw you off your game.

Geoblewis. That is quite an adventure you have been on. What a great studio and owner. They must be good friends. And belly dancing how brave you are!

geoblewis
07-20-2013, 03:40 PM
And belly dancing how brave you are!

:D Not brave at all! A natural extrovert with no shame!

I'm struggling this morning. I had such a wonderful week. Really worked hard and ate very well. I got down to 310, twice, then kept bouncing back up. Last night, I took my son out to dinner. I made good choices. Then came home still feeling a little hungry, so I caved to a small bit of vanilla ice cream, then some dark chocolate. And then some cheese and a handful of cashews. Before I knew it, I had gone over my calories for the day by 600.

I went to bed, but I felt edgy. Didn't fall asleep till well after midnight. Then I woke up about three hours later feeling random pins and needles all over, and was hit with a hot flash that ran all night long. I couldn't get cooled down enough to go back to sleep till maybe 5 a.m. I'm still out of sorts this morning, and the pins and needles thing is still going on. I've had a cold shower, drank ice water and had a fan on me all night. I've taken some herbal stuff for keeping calm. Nothing is helping.

During the night I got hungry, so out of my frustration and the sleeplessness, I ate a turkey and cheese sandwich and a pb&j sandwich and drank a glass of whole milk. And then this morning, I had part of a whole wheat pancake with butter, two eggs and four strips of bison bacon. Plus an iced decaf coffee with cream. That's nearly all my calories for the day, all before noon! At least I don't feel like eating any more.

Ugh! I hate mornings like this. I want to go back to bed so much! But I have a family to manage.

raworz
07-21-2013, 04:39 AM
"Raworz. I know what you mean about satisfying what other people want. It seems like that is all I do. One time I actually had to yell once about not eating cake at a family party. They would not shut up about me eating the stupid cake. "

omg LOL. I totally understand that.
You are hilarious XD

geoblewis
07-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Well, as usual, I totally blew the weekend! Up 8 lbs. by Monday morning! Back down 2 lbs. today.

My mission this week is to drop the remaining excess water weight (because that's really what it is) by Thursday morning, then make it through the rest of the week and the weekend without dipping into the carbs. The plan is that I am doing a 36-hour fast (my first one) till tomorrow morning at 8 a.m., then having protein, fat and vegetables for the remainder of the day (with very little added sodium) and then nothing but water till my DEXA scan at 11 on Thursday. I'll be working out daily, as usual. And I WILL NOT indulge in carbs after the DEXA, no matter what my results are!

After I drop the regain within the regain, I will stay on track to lose the rest of the regain (another 9 lbs.) and then push through till I drop to 294. That's where I hit my second 10% body weight loss. Then I'll have earned my reward!

Okay, I'm hitting the gym!

doingmybest
07-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi Raworz and LoseToAll:

Your posts reminded me of incidents that I have had with my mother in law.

When my weight is up, she loves to make rude comments to me. When I am losing weight, she actually gets a very worried look on her face and pushes and pushes me to eat all kinds of bad foods. I have to constantly tell her NO. :nono:

Needless to say, I stay away from her!

You would think that people have better things to do with their time than monitor what other people eat!

So I am starting all over again after gaining back 28 pounds that I lost on WW. I am looking forward to seeing another worried look on my mother in law's face! ;)

LoseToAll
07-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I blew the weekend too. Pizza and carbs.

I am at 233.5. My goals are crap. I break them every day. I can not get myself together. I have got to get down to business.

Started swimming lessons with my boys yesterday. It gets us out of the house and I sit in a sauna of a pool room for an hour reading. Talked to a nice lady yesterday at the pool. It is hard to do that for me so it was good to get out.

NEMom
07-23-2013, 02:33 PM
I am definitely a re-gainer trying to lose it again. I was back on track for a little while, went on a 4 day vacation, had a great time and gained 2 pounds. It is going to be a month before I go out of town again so I need to get my feet solidly back on the diet wagon. I cannot regain all the weight I lost, I am so mad at myself for where I am at now. Ugh, back to one day at a time.

raworz
07-23-2013, 03:08 PM
"So I am starting all over again after gaining back 28 pounds that I lost on WW. I am looking forward to seeing another worried look on my mother in law's face!"

Don't let it phase you! Mother in laws can be... difficult. :)

geoblewis
07-23-2013, 03:16 PM
I am looking forward to seeing another worried look on my mother in law's face! ;)

I absolutely LOVE those sorts of perks! They totally make my day! :D

shadowclaw
07-24-2013, 02:17 AM
Hello everyone! I am a repeat offender to the whole regainer losing again thing... Last year I got down to 254, but slowly gained some of the weight back an was at 280 three weeks ago. I'm getting back on track yet again and hoping to keep it off for good this time. I struggle with staying on restrictive diets like low-carb or eat clean diets... I do well on them for a few weeks and then completely screw up and give up. So I'm returning to the calorie counting approach and fully enjoying my calories. Here's to a fresh start!

carter
07-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Hello shadowclaw, welcome! Good luck and good strength with resuming your plan.

I continue to chip away at this regain. I dropped to 170 today, 18 days after I dropped to 172. This process teaches patience if nothing else. These last few days have been rough. I'm battling a chest cold, lying around alone a lot, and wanting nothing more than to eat a pint of ice cream for dinner. I have white-knuckled through that and stuck to my on-plan meals and I'm very glad to be rewarded with a drop today.

I continue to feel my body returning to its trimmest state as well, which of course matters most, but I admit the scale numbers are still satisfying.

LoseToAll
07-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Starting off good had a yummy salad for breakfast. No swimming lessons today so we are home all day. I was thinking about taking my kids to a movie but it is really hard for me to leave the house. I just panic. A cross I bear and hate.

Welcome Shadowclaw. We are all working for that balance. I am doing calories too. I count and go over it seems everyday. But I am still counting and that is something I never did before keep track of my eating. Accountability is new for me and I am getting used to being a responsible eater. I have always worried about my weight but I am always the fat girl and I just accepted it. I am working on the guilt of eating and being accountable, a fine line for me. Guilt just makes me give up. Every day it seems I give up and start the next day. Always starting another day. Just working every day at a time. My life to accept.

Have a great OP day.

thistoo
07-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi guys, I am slinking back in here with my tail between my legs. I was a founding member of this little group, but last year I got very sick and let that derail all my progress up to now. I'm trying so hard to get back on the horse, but I keep falling off. I know if I start posting here again that it will help, so here I am, admitting to stumble after stumble.

I don't even know what I weigh right now. A lot. Over 200 for sure, though how far over, I'm scared to find out. I feel miserable and nothing fits and I need to make some serious changes, so I'm recommitting. Part of that is showing my face around here on a regular basis, so I'm really going to try.

Hello to anyone who may remember me, and it's nice to see so many new faces keeping this group going. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

LoseToAll
07-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Welcome back Thistoo. You are in the right place. I have been derailed too and I am not sure how I can get back going again. I just can not get things together. I am at a point where I just feel like I need to accept being fat and leave it at that. I am so frustrated with myself. Just at my wits end. TOM and am up 3 lbs, I just eat everything to make myself feel better. So unhealthy. And exercising is a joke with the kids home from school.

Swim lessons today so I am going to sit in the pool room like sauna for an hour. Have a good day.

raworz
07-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Been doing good. Giving myself a little slack here and there and still heading back to where I was last year (194). Getting close! Good luck everyone, make good choices!

Pink Hurricane
07-31-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm still hanging out in the upper 240s, not much of a change since things have been super busy lately, however my husband and I are getting to go on our honeymoon to Florida on Saturday, so I will be gone for a couple of weeks but we are soooo excited! We couldn't take a honeymoon when we got married last year due to time constrictions and money, so this has been highly anticipated for the both of us!

I plan to eat healthy and get plenty of walking done (part of it will be in Disney World!) and hopefully the hotel we get at the beach has a gym. Either way I am stoked!

thistoo
08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Congratulations Pink Hurricane! I hope you have a fantastic trip. I love Disney (used to live about an hour east on the coast) and get back there any chance I have. Eating healthy at Disney is a lot easier these days as well, so that's nice.

I have been derailed too and I am not sure how I can get back going again. I just can not get things together. I am at a point where I just feel like I need to accept being fat and leave it at that.

I have been there myself many times in the past couple months. I'm a horrible binge eater, and recent illness and family stress has led to me gaining back even more weight. I don't know how much because I'm avoiding the scale, but I'm probably somewhere around 220 right now.

This week I'm back on track, really focusing on eating only healthy foods and cutting out anything that triggers cravings, including diet soda and alcohol. I get tired of drinking nothing but water and black coffee, but I know what I have to do to lose weight, and I'm at the point where I either do it or just give up.

I really don't want to give up. When I was 150 I wasn't even at goal, but man, I felt aMAZing. I would be happy to get back there again.

LoseToAll
08-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Thistoo. You sound just like me. I binge. Guilt. Then work to get it off. Then binge again. But I never make it to goal.

Just 17 days until my kids are back in school then I am back on schedule. It is really hard staying on plan and exercising with the kids around all day. Looking forward to having some time to get my head together.

geoblewis
08-02-2013, 10:11 PM
I've eaten all my calories for the day and I'm still hungry. Genuinely hungry. :(

Four hours till bedtime. :(

The house is clean. The laundry is done. I already exercised. I have no work to do. I feel too edgy to concentrate on anything. :dizzy:

Normally, I would snack my way through till bedtime. Really trying hard not to do that.

I still have water to drink. And some vitamins to take. :yawn:

I must have a tumor...I think I smell chocolate!

LoseToAll
08-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Geoblewis. You are too funny. I must have a tumor too. Did you make it??? I hope so. Love your posts keep them coming.

geoblewis
08-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Lose, I ate the chocolate! Fortunately, I only had a small amount and I only went over my calories by just under 100. Realized a loss on the scale this morning.

So, I'm trying something wacky these days. It's called the Shangri-La Diet. SLD isn't really a diet, but rather a practice that supports reducing unnecessary eating. Basically, the theory is that we tend to overeat when it comes to eating flavorful foods. So the more flavorless foods we eat, the more easily we are physically satisfied by the foods we are eating. There are a few things one can do to achieve this. One part is to take a total of 1 to 4 Tbs. (depending on how much weight one needs to lose) of a flavorless oil throughout the day, within a two-hour window (that is, at least an hour away from anything flavorful on either side of ingesting it). It seems to help people control their cravings throughout the day. Another thing that can help is to wear a nose clip while eating so that you can't smell the food you're eating. This greatly reduces how much flavor you're getting from the food.

For the first week, I drank the oil. I started with using flaxseed oil. I clipped my nose and drank 2 Tbs. in the morning and 2 Tbs. in the evening. It seemed to work, but after a few days I read that flaxseed oil tended to raise blood sugar levels, and since I'm a type 2 diabetic, I didn't want that happening. So I switched to extra light olive oil. It had a much milder flavor and I seemed to do really well with that for about a week. But then I got bored and distracted, and the oil was starting to make me gag, and I'd forget a dose or my meal timing was off, and before I knew it, I was craving fast food again. But while I was doing the oil protocol correctly, I had absolutely no fast food cravings!

So I'm well into week two of this SLD. Just thinking about taking another dose of oil is making me queasy. Frustrating! So now I'm trying the nose clipping thing for all my meals. This morning I had a paleo beef stick and an iced coffee with a Tbs. of heavy cream for breakfast, with my nose clipped. That's a total of 95 calories. And I feel full! Wha?! I'm just going to keep doing this with my nose clipped whenever I eat at home. As for the taking of flavorless fat, I might do that sometime in the afternoons when I'm most likely to overeat, and probably a smaller dose of oil or maybe grass-fed ghee. I tend to eat more fat anyway with my ketogenic diet to control my blood sugar levels. And I've actually been having problems eating enough fat.

I'll let you know how it goes in a week!

thistoo
08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Georgia, I read about your Shangri-La experiment on some other thread. I fear I'd have the same reaction to trying to swallow plain oil, but my sister's done something similar and she's tiny now. Granted, she was never anywhere as heavy as me, but she's like a size zero these days. I wish I had her will power.

My weekend was more or less on plan. I had some alcohol, which was a mistake, but I didn't overeat as a result, and it was low-calorie rum with no sugary mixers, so it could have been a lot worse. I just drink too much when I'm drinking and I'm too old for that now. I still walked the dog twice a day and mowed my giant lawn, then yesterday I went to my sister's and swam with my niece and nephew, so I got some activity in.

Food-wise I was okay. On Sunday I allowed myself some rice crust pizza as my 'cheat meal', but I stayed away from gluten completely and I'm not having crazy cravings as a result, so that's a major success. I'm trying to stay grain-free, so the rice flour was a compromise, but I'm right back on track this morning and I'm ready for a solid week on plan.

LoseToAll
08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Thistoo. No grains that would be so hard. What a champ you are. I am off to a slow start this week. I had a cheese sandwich for breakfast. I am counting calories and I have a good rest of the day planned. So I just need to get over it and move on. Swimming lessons with the kids today. I am reading Jane Erye so I am excited to get back into it. They are planning the wedding so it is getting good.

Georgia I too would have a terrible time getting the oil down. I did a lime and chili pepper cleans once and I gagged and threw up the whole time. It did not go well. How is the oil going???

Went to church yesterday and my dress was too small for me I have get my life together. It seems that counting calories is not working for me. I was on nurtisystem and lost but got bored with the food and fell off it. And now I am up to where I was. I just have got to figure it out what to do.

geoblewis
08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Thistoo, I noticed when I'm really low carb and gluten free I tend to have more thoughts about drinking alcohol, especially in the evening, like having a cocktail after dinner. Intellectually I really don't want it, because it kills fat loss until my body had processed the alcohol. But I do get brief cravings for it.

I'm doing much better with munching on the butter rather than drinking oil. I know that puts a lot of people off, but it works for me!

thistoo
08-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I can't stand the smell of butter, but I'm glad it's working for you, Georgia. Certainly the texture is more palatable than straight oil!

Funky, going grain-free is challenging at first, but once you get through the admittedly rough beginning, your hunger levels really go way down. At least mine do.

I lost about 90 pounds calorie counting a few years ago, but it was slooooow. Giving up grains makes my weight loss quicker, but it's hard to stick to long-term. Even finding something to eat when you're out and unprepared is a challenge. Everything's gluten free these days, but that just means a different kind of grain, so it doesn't really help.

Anyway. Work today was crazy stressful because my full-time employee called in sick for the second Monday in a row, and it's our busiest day. All I wanted to do after work was stress eat, but instead I ran around in the back yard with the dog and then took her for a long ride. We picked up a salad at the end of it and I'm indulging in a Diet Coke. A handful of cashews for dessert and I'm done for the day.

jitterfish
08-06-2013, 05:06 AM
'ello all, new to the thread. I'm a new reloser, managed to get down so close to goal and lost motivation and tried maintenance. BOING up with the weight again. So I decided I had to do something before it all came back on! So I'm here again, trying to use the 3fc support system to get motivated and STAY ON TRACK!

I've been back on the band wagon for three weeks, its been easy until yesterday. I had one of those days where I just want to eat crap, lots of crap. And I'm still feeling it, I haven't been completely denying myself but man do I have a hankering for some chocolate decadence. So I'm here, trying to get through it.

geoblewis
08-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Welcome jitterfish! Glad to have you join us. I have become a food snob (due to my food allergies/intolerances) so that I can have my chocolate. That means I have to buy some very good chocolate that is more expensive, I get it in the higher cocoa percentage varieties so that there's less sugar and more chocolate flavor. I like some good French dark chocolate with a 70% cocoa content. I seem to only need a square of it, and I put it on my tongue and let it melt right there. Yum! Sometimes, to get my chocolate fix, I nibble on a few roasted cocoa nibs. No sugar in them at all. I get the cocoa fix, and the finish is roasty. Took a bit of getting used to, but it works for me!

Okay, so today, my scale says 309. If I get below this, there will be celebratory dancing!

My sleep has not been so good lately. I wish my sons would go to bed sooner and leave me alone! I go to bed, then one of them comes in my room to tell me everything they forgot to tell me earlier. And the other one seems to not understand that he goes through the house LIKE AN ELEPHANT! Bang doors shut, turning on all the lights and leaving them on. Clueless child! He wakes the dog up, and she in turn whines until she settles down again. But they are 16 and 21. Not sure how to force them to bed earlier.

Coffee...must. have. COFFEE!!

thistoo
08-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Welcome jitterfish! This is a great place to be if you're trying to get back on the wagon.

Georgia, I have trouble with sleeping and I don't even have kids, so I feel your pain. Fingers crossed for 308 soon!

I screwed up my courage and got back on the scale this morning: 214. Not as big a regain as I expected, so that's something. Daily weighing is helpful for me, so I decided to stop putting it off and just get it over with. Now I know and hopefully it will help me stick with this no grains thing. It's been hard the past couple days thanks to work stress, but I'm hanging on by my fingernails.

raworz
08-09-2013, 01:52 AM
.7 lbs away from 30 pound loss!!! might just tick on the :queen: since I'm so close I can taste it :o

jitterfish
08-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Sleep, the one thing we never seem to get enough of. I have a 2 and 4yr old, they go to sleep easily which is a blessing, but come the weekend they seem to know Mum and Dad don't have to get out of bed so they wake up at 6am!

Raworz so close, do you have a plan to celebrate? My 10kg re-loss (22lb) reward is going to be a facial, have some pampering :)

mel1969
08-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Welcome Jitterfish:) Thanks LoseToAll for your welcome way-back-when.
I'm just now getting back to the forum after joining in mid-July. I was having a really hard time making myself get back on the scale in order to set my true-updated-starting weight. Finally got on the scale on Tuesday after purchasing a 4 dollar app for point tracking like WWs. I can't begin to tell you how much money I've donated to WW over the years, so I don't want to kid myself anymore that membership=weightloss. I say "donated" bc I was paying the monthly fees without doing the work. Sigh. My sister just turned me on to another app today that's even better bc you can just scan the barcode on things and it inputs all of the nutritional info. Pretty nifty. Just the act of keeping track of what I eat is helpful. I've lost a little weight already and I actually exercised today. This is a good thing cuz I've been spending way too much quality time with my couch lately.

Keep up the good work Thistoo of staying away from those grains. I've been trying to stay away from wheat and cut way back on my sugar. It's tough. Several years ago I cut both of those out and it made such a huge difference in my energy level. It also made a huge difference in the way "hunger" felt to me. I stopped feeling it in my stomach and started feeling it in my energy levels.

LoseToAll
08-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Geoblewis. Would a fish oil pill work for your oil intake? Butter sounds better than oil but still.... I am interested in hearing how it works.

Church is tomorrow and I have a new dress that fits but I had to return a 16 and get a 20. It was cut funny across the chest and I am amply endowed. But at least it fits last week I wore too tight a dress. The consequences of my regain. Made chocolate zucchini bread and have eaten it all week. Used splenda but it also takes a cup of brown sugar and a cup of oil. Very tasty but an over indulgence.

One more week of swim lessons then my kids will be in school. I am starting a rigorous exercise program next Monday. Nervous about the kids going back... School stress and homework stress but it will be nice to have my own time again.

Planning a major hike in Sept and I need to get in some shape. Plus I have a cruise in Oct and I would like the airplane seats to be comfortable so I have to get going. I just can not get my head together. My mind thinks about food all the time. I do not know what to do with that.

Have a great on plan day.

geoblewis
08-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Lose, from the SLD forum I've read that the fish oil gel caps don't seem to work. You can't really get enough oil from the little caps.

I did get down to 308 earlier in the week, but my sleep cycle was messed up again, plus I switched up my weight training so my weight bounced up to 310 this morning. I'm okay with that. It'll go down again soon!

chel3fsea
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi all! From July 2011 to march 2012, I went from 232 to 187... Then hit a six month plateau in which, seemingly no matter what I ate or did for exercise, I could not lose or gain (floated between 187-190). I failed the test and stopped caring, not to mention moved to a place which brought me into a pretty deep depression... And ended up at 229 here in July 2013. After finding out just how far it had gone, I got back on plan with WW this Monday and am at 220.5 as of Friday. Hopefully the initial loss will be pretty big so I can have a nice "starting point." I'm more motivated than ever and pray I can keep it off this time. I've also started several exercise routines to keep my body and my mind guessing, and have been having a lot of fun! My fingers are crossed, y'all!

jitterfish
08-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Welcome back chel, great to make that re-start even though its so hard. But getting past the kicking yourself for ruining all your hard work stage and moving on to lets get this weight gone so helps when you have that first great loss, well done!

As for me, I'm four weeks in to the restart, 15lb lighter and starting to notice the change. Clothes are starting to fit better again. On the downside we have an event coming up at work is Sep and I had them order me an XL, today I'm wearing an L and size 14 so I'm wondering come Sep how an XL will look on me -LOL-

LoseToAll
08-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Did well with calories yesterday. Exercise program starts on Monday when kids start school again. Up two lbs. just need to put things into perspective.

Jitterfish. Thanks for the great cookie quote on your post. I have been taking commands from food for a long time. This quote really hit me. Thanks for sharing.

jitterfish
08-15-2013, 04:59 AM
LoseToAll I can't take credit for that quote, a 3FC member said it once and like you, I found it really resonated with me. I let food rule my life, I obsessed about it so much (waking up excited when I knew I was going to eat lots of junky food because I was going to some event etc.). Now I obsess in a different way, but I'm hoping to find the happy balance.

cheeriloos
08-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone , I went from 246 in `07 t0 180 in 2008 and got to 179 in 2009
Then began gaining, i got to 226 in 2010 i had a baby, then in 2011 i got to 195 thenn i creeped back to a new high, 250 at the start of this month. I was really quite sad, im down to 241 now and hope to get down a hundred pounds. I'm taking baby steps but I feel exhausted when I think of the work I have just thrown away.

geoblewis
08-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Welcome to our little enclave, cheeriloos. There's no judgment here! We all know about the disappointment of having gone so far in our weight loss journey and to have lost ground. Onward and upward!

I've been sick for the last two days, with a bad stomach flu. Such terrible knots in my stomach! Finally feeling a bit more energy today, plus am able to get something into my stomach. I'm down 3 lbs. Hope I can hang on to that loss!

cheeriloos
08-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Welcome to our little enclave, cheeriloos. There's no judgment here! We all know about the disappointment of having gone so far in our weight loss journey and to have lost ground. Onward and upward!

Thank you for your kind words,just keep swimming! :):)

patchworkpenguin
08-19-2013, 12:58 AM
I was active here for a few years, then I dropped out, but I remember some of you from before.

I haven't watched what I eat or exercised much since then but have managed to maintain, mostly. Hubby and I have fallen into a routine of a lot of TV watching, but we have decided we need to change our ways, watch our eating and get more exercise. We bought a small RV from one of Hubby's friends who was up-grading, and are planning our first trip soon; just a short drive to a local state park for a few days. We are taking our dog, April, so we hope to be able to hike around with her for motivation.

Unfortunately, Hubby's work keeps sending him on cross country trips for a week at a time which leaves me home alone {well, with April:D }. And then I'm alone so I tend to eat to cheer myself up. {bad penguin} But I'm trying to get a grip on this habit and change my ways. I'm hoping that having a group to relate to will keep me motivated, not so focused on myself, and on track.

cheeriloos
08-19-2013, 09:31 AM
That's great,I think there's something really cool about couples who are active together !

LoseToAll
08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Up two lbs. starting exercising today. Kids are almost off to school. It will be weird to have the day to self.

Cruise is coming up Oct 4 and I am hoping to get physically better before we go. Went to church and then to see Dad in hospital yesterday ate chocolate zucchini bread. Need to get eating under control. New day right?!? Already broke diet today. I just can not get it together.

geoblewis
08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Down a couple more pounds. It seems to be whoosh week! I'm only 6 lbs. away from getting out of here!

patchworkpenguin
08-19-2013, 11:05 PM
pretty good eating day, plus I did 30 min of weights.

Victoria, Hubby and I really don't have much in common, so we tend to tolerate each others hobbies but do them alone. I'm hoping camping can break the cycle of watching Tv all the time. At least we mostly agree on the same shows. Great wedding photo!

raworz
08-20-2013, 01:34 AM
I have been maintaining within 194 for a while... I haven't been doing what I should be. My birthday was on Saturday and I ate a ridiculous amount of food. Also I got a chocolate cake today from a co worker and though it was a sweet gesture it tempted me! I ate one piece and shared half of the cake with my co workers. I will go like 1000 calories over one day then do good for 3 days so I'm not losing. But also not gaining. I guess I could be doing much worse.. I just don't want to do this again! I'm making a sensible dinner. Stayed within my limits yesterday(for the most part, 6 calories over) & also looks good for today, even with the 300 calorie piece of chocolate cake :)

Hope everyone is succeeding and doing well!
Working on getting another :queen: soon !!! fingers cross

jitterfish
08-20-2013, 05:11 AM
Raworz we're both about the same weight, man I'm so over these 190s!

I'm trying hard to stay on track, but this week seriously threatens derailment. You know when you have those weeks when you have lots of engagements and eating is out of your control? Or at least what your options are. I'm preparing for the possibility of my first gain since being back on the wagon. But I'm determined to be as good as possible, and hope that I can minimise the effects.

LoseToAll
08-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Raworz. I do the same thing. Do good for three days then blow it, usually on the weekend. I just can not get myself together but I am setting a 30 day goal and see if that helps.

Had fruit for breakfast. Doing good so far. :-)

Have a great day.

cheeriloos
08-20-2013, 12:29 PM
My scale played a nasty trick this morning,i stepped on last time at 239, this morning was 210. I weighed again and was 238, made a lot more sense but now I wish it really was 210 darn!:-)

geoblewis
08-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh cheeri, that's cold! A cold mean trick. Bad scale!

Amberkkski
08-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Ugh!! 2 years ago i lost 30 lbs got down to around 240ish and was so happy and now 2 years later im up to 295-300. I feel miserable but i cant seem to get myself out of the funk and actually do the work. Ill eat good all day and work as soon as i leave oh mcdonalds is easy or even healthy ill eat 2 bowls of cereal instead of 1. I feel like im at my rock bottom and i cant seem to get up :/

LoseToAll
08-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Amberkkski. We are all in the same boat. We understand. Welcome!

thistoo
08-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Ladies, I have fallen off the wagon so hard I'm still bouncing. I could blame work and stress and a number of other things, but the truth is there's no one and nothing to blame but myself. I'm working on trying to get back on track. It's one step forward, two steps back with me lately, but I'm trying.

LoseToAll
08-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Thistoo. I am so sorry. Thinking of you.

Down 2 lbs from high of 238. Exercised regular this week up to hour last two days. Very proud of self. Now just need to make it through the weekend without losing it.

Have a great OP day.

thistoo
08-23-2013, 12:31 PM
That's great, Funky. I think my only saving grace this month has been that the dog continues to force me to exercise, regardless of my dietary choices.

geoblewis
08-23-2013, 01:12 PM
I continue to whoosh towards my short term goal of losing my regain. Just 5 lbs. away from moving on from this forum. I'm still struggling with queasiness from the stomach flu, so even though I do get hungry, once I eat something, it makes me feel icky and I just don't care to eat, for hours!

The queasiness is still messing with my exercise. Today is the first time I've managed to participate in my Pilates class in a week. And Downward Dog did NOT feel good! I got a tremendous rush of heat off my head while performing planks too.

I am so grateful that it's cooling down in the mornings and fall is right around the corner. Menopause is so much nicer in the cooler months!

Have a great weekend!

HelloNurse
08-23-2013, 01:17 PM
I was chunky in my early teens, then I lost a lot of weight and by 12th grade I was thin and gorgeous. But I was muscular, and I was constantly comparing myself to girlfriends who were even skinnier. And then, through a series of blunders, I got F-A-T fat. This time around I will only compare myself to myself, and I will appreciate my thin, healthy, strong and sexy body.

LoseToAll
08-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Hellonurse. What are your goals and how much was your regain? I am working to get to 200 and be happy and see what happens. I compare myself to others and I get down on myself. So I get jealous of others on the board that are losing fast but try and keep perspective. With Geoblewis soon to leave i am sad. To see her go and hope she will check in with us.

This board has helped the most since I am constantly up and down. You could call me a regainer yo-yo. People understand my struggle here.

Welcome! Are you in college, working, have family? Love to hear more.

DaugT
08-23-2013, 03:21 PM
AH! This thread is the story of my life!!

I just spend some time reading through everyone's posts and I just have to stay thank you!! :hug: Thanks for everyone's willingness to share. Though I can't change my backslide, it is so comforting to know that others go through this same thing!

I was down to 206 last July, and in the blink of an eye an entire year went by and I am now at 231. Good news is it's not my high. Bad news is I'm not WAY into the ones like I should be by now. :(

I have yet again reached my breaking point of self-disgust, which is a positive thing actually because it means I am ready to once again take control.
And just need to hang on for dear life this time and make it permanent once and for all!

Look forward to chatting with and supporting everyone! 25 pounds to get back where I was . . . and then onward from there to finish what I started last year!!

HelloNurse
08-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Hellonurse. What are your goals and how much was your regain? I am working to get to 200 and be happy and see what happens. I compare myself to others and I get down on myself. So I get jealous of others on the board that are losing fast but try and keep perspective. With Geoblewis soon to leave i am sad. To see her go and hope she will check in with us.

This board has helped the most since I am constantly up and down. You could call me a regainer yo-yo. People understand my struggle here.

Welcome! Are you in college, working, have family? Love to hear more.

At my thinnest, I was about 125 lbs. Back in 1999. I topped out at 250ish pounds a couple years ago. I'm just guessing on the high weight; I stopped weighing for years after I got over 200, then reweighed at about 240 after I'd lost some weight. This time around I started actively trying to lose at 248 lbs, and for now my goal is about 130.

I'm a registered nurse, and I live with my fiance who is also losing weight, and a fat house cat who has no interest in diet or exercise.

jitterfish
08-23-2013, 10:23 PM
DaugT welcome to the family!

Man I hope I can keep my motivation up, this week I've really felt it slipping, most likely because I haven't been at work so out of normal routine. So I'm here, checking in and saying howdy and hoping a dose of 3fc will help remind me I can do it and that going and getting some chocolate is not worth it.

LoseToAll
08-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Jitterfish Chocolate is so great but not great for you right now. Hold strong and you will be back on your routine soon. Have a great night.

geoblewis
08-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Lose, fear not. I'm not going anywhere this week for sure! My whoosh has come to an end. I really overate for the last two days and now I'm up 3 lbs. Grrrr!

I am determined not to let that trend continue. But when I have lost all my regain, I'll keep coming here to encourage you all. because you're all so encouraging to me too. You're stuck with me! :D

LoseToAll
08-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Up 3 lbs. TOM is my excuse. So I am not logging it, it upsets me by looking at it on my graph. I have stayed on my exercise goals of an hour a day for the last week. I am so proud of myself. I never stick to it long so I am off to a good start. I have a month until our family cruise and I am determined to up my stamina for walking. I have been walking 4 miles a day with Leslie Sansone DVD. I turn off the talking and listen to my playlist and rock out. It makes it go faster. I am going to start doing yoga along with the walking and see if that makes me stronger. I ordered 2 dvds. I am staying away from the scale because it has been betraying me and messing with my head. It is a rollercoaster of despair and joy. I can't handle it. So I must stay away and concentrate on exercise and calories.