100 lb. Club - Huuuuge NSV!! Best thing ever! WOOHOO!!

the shiv
05-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Can you tell what it is yet? ;)

In case you haven't noticed (unlikely if you've ever seen one of my posts, lol!!) I have been looking forward to this NSV since I started losing weight in December. I've asked my doctor 3 times, and they've finally said I'm skinny enough! I got back on the pill!! :hat: It's my birthday in a week, and what a present!! I finally feel like I can relax now and get on with a long happy life of not making babies :D And even better... My doc's told me that after I've done the first month, I can start running packs together, so I'll only have my horrible, debilitating TOM 4-5 times a year, and it won't be putting me in the hospital again any time soon!! Woohoo! Bonus!!

I have to go in for a check up in 3 months to make sure I'm adjusting ok. Today my BMI is 32.6 or so? We want it under 30 as at 31 I'm kind of in a risk group. I hope I can offset any water gain, my doc says I might crave carbs more so I may need to add a bit of control to my IE until I adjust, and get my BMI under 30 (in 14lbs or so, which by normal standards would take me 3 months).

What's more, apparently my BP is 120/70, which apparently is good :)

I'm very happy. VERY, VERY happy :D And I hope any other ladies who are having issues with their reproductive choices - whatever they may be, are successful in achieving what they want. Call me a raving feminist here, but there's no feeling quite like being in control of that part of your life! :)

And what the heck, here I am with my little miracles :) Just to prove that I finally have lost enough weight to do this! :)

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b540/skinnyshiv/711DE95A-5A80-44F2-914F-0AFBE944F3E7-10102-000002CDDFB89142_zps6f186b7f.jpg

:carrot: :hat: :coffee: :grouphug: :rofl: :hat: :)

elvislover324
05-14-2013, 10:51 AM
You are so cute, love the pic with your BCP!

Congratulations, Shiv!!! I know how hard you have been working towards this goal and couldn't wait for you to get there so we could celebrate!!
:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

Your man will be really happy to help you celebrate too!! ;)

I hope you have an awesome day, you deserve it!! :hug:

PreciousMissy
05-14-2013, 10:51 AM
YAY Shiv! I'm so happy for you! I know (through your posts) how much this has been weighing on your mind! All your hard work has paid off! Keep going girl!

the shiv
05-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Elvis, LMAO!! :rofl: YES. I start TOM on my birthday next Tues (seriously?! Come on!!!) so will start taking them then. So I have to wait a fortnight, but compared to the BC nightmare that was the past few years, that's nothing!! So glad my man likes my personality, lol!!

PreciousMissy, thanks!! I feel like a huge weight's been lifted off my mind :D I think being so nervous about when I was finally going to get there has been holding me back... This feels like confirmation of my new way of life, if that makes sense? :)

thnknthin1
05-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Congratulations Shiv!!! I'm so happy for you!! I know you've been wanting this FOREVER. So very happy for you!!!

:cp::hat::flow1::dancer::flow2::hat::cp:

thnknthin1
05-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Forgot to add.....love the pic!!

:sunny:

the shiv
05-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Thnknthin... Thankyou so much!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'll be much less stressed out now, I hope! Provided the hormones still agree with me the same way they have for the past 20 years :) :) :hat:

And here's this emoticon again because I like it:

:hat:

NorthernChick13
05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
YES! Big things do come in small packages!! Couldn't be happier for you!!!!!!! There goes my hope, though, that all us chickies would sinc up :P ahahah

the shiv
05-14-2013, 12:17 PM
YES! Big things do come in small packages!! Couldn't be happier for you!!!!!!! There goes my hope, though, that all us chickies would sinc up :P ahahah

Haha! ;) Thankyou :D :hug:

So excited I'm drinking pints of milk & cooking mixed beans & sweet potatoes. Got to get a workout in later, get that metabolism up!! :hat:

Arctic Mama
05-14-2013, 01:16 PM
I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy to be on the pill :D

Sandi
05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
:congrat:

ikesgirl80
05-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Congrats! I remember when I was at my heaviest, my doc wouldn't give it to me either. I was so happy when I could finally not worry constantly with my current bf!

the shiv
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks Sandi! :D :hug: :hat: 3FC has been absolutely invaluable in getting me where I want to be, so many wonderful people on here :)

Congrats! I remember when I was at my heaviest, my doc wouldn't give it to me either. I was so happy when I could finally not worry constantly with my current bf!

Cheers! It was a shock when he told me that... I'd been on repeat prescription from the age of 13 (to regulate TOM), came off at around 28/29 in favour of a 2yr nightmare with the depo shot, and before I knew it I was over 30 and obese. I just took it for granted my whole life, having contraception available, it never occurred to me that I was in a completely different bracket. Glad my current doctor won't put me at risk though, my last one would have!

I hope you had a good experience with it too, and got settled into the hormones ok without any weight gain! I'll be watching my carbs and my exercise for a few months ;)

bethFromDayton
05-14-2013, 02:40 PM
That's wonderful news, shiv! I'm so pleased for you!

BTW, I had no idea you were so beautiful--or blonde. I pictured you as a brunette :-).

the shiv
05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
That's wonderful news, shiv! I'm so pleased for you!

BTW, I had no idea you were so beautiful--or blonde. I pictured you as a brunette :-).

Goodness, all I see there is flaws!! I'd be better looking if I used my DSLR instead of my phone... Anyway, Thankyou very much for the compliment!! :hug:

I actually WAS brunette until last week :D Maybe you saw my progress pics from a while back. I spent a few years growing my hair long so I could do my foils again, best 6hrs of my life I've invested recently, lol!! Pill? Check. Blonde hair? Check. Small? Not yet, lol, but I'm starting to feel like myself again :D It's been a tough few years. Nice to start seeing an end to them :) :hat: :hug:

I hope I'll be seeing you soon in the 180s thread Beth! Are you still doing IE or Beck? I still want to check out the Beck book :)

bethFromDayton
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
I hope I'll be seeing you soon in the 180s thread Beth! Are you still doing IE or Beck? I still want to check out the Beck book

I'm not headed that way very fast--bouncing around 195-196-and then 197 this morning. (that whole TOM thing)

But I am definitely still doing Beck--I'm calorie counting--that seems to be working well for me, since I can't trust my intuitiveness--if I could trust myself to eat only when I'm hungry and to eat what's good for me, I'd not be struggling to lose weight!

the shiv
05-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm not headed that way very fast--bouncing around 195-196-and then 197 this morning. (that whole TOM thing)

But I am definitely still doing Beck--I'm calorie counting--that seems to be working well for me, since I can't trust my intuitiveness--if I could trust myself to eat only when I'm hungry and to eat what's good for me, I'd not be struggling to lose weight!

Oh man... I do that seesawing thing too, plus I'm fully expecting a stall now (though I might just be worrying over nothing, as I like to do... ;) ) So I may be in the 180s for a while!!

I'm totally in love with the "combining plans" idea. Personalised eating is so much better than an off-the-shelf diet, if you're willing to experiment! In my opinion, anyway. It's better for me personally. Sounds like you're kind of doing a similar thing, only because of my long history of binge eating I'm trying to up the protein and the workouts rather than subtract anything. IE really made me see the benefit of old "diet foods" though. Since I could have anything I wanted, I've chosen quinoa with celery, beans & walnuts over chocolate a few times now! Ahhh, bless you, M&S and your tasty, healthy (and expensive!) food... I wish I could buy all my food from there.

Seriously, I might stall a good deal. I'm hoping though that all the mental energy I put into agonising over getting my prescription can be put to better use in learning about new healthy food to eat, how to cook/package it up and take it to work etc... Still, new chapter! It's a good day :)

AlmostMe
05-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Woo-hoo!!! Congrats.

What can you do to celebrate??

Let's see, hmmmm ;-)

the shiv
05-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Woo-hoo!!! Congrats.

What can you do to celebrate??

Let's see, hmmmm ;-)

Um... Wait for a fortnight, lol! :rofl:

I just thought... What mega-huge NSV am I going to focus on now?! Maybe none is the answer :)

ladykahlo
05-14-2013, 07:19 PM
awesome! i love your method too.:hug::carrot:

the shiv
05-14-2013, 09:57 PM
awesome! i love your method too.:hug::carrot:

Ah, thanks! Method of contraception or weight loss? I love 'em both, lol! :D

punkrocksong
05-14-2013, 10:23 PM
That's amazing - you must be so excited!

MoniqueMclean
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
NSV today whoooot... hubby bought a big mac left in in fridge and guess what I threw it out .. yah like 2 weeks ago I would have ate that in a second without a thought .. man im loving the new me I feel in control of food ..not like the food controls me!

the shiv
05-14-2013, 10:40 PM
That's amazing - you must be so excited!

Thanks! :) I am, I just hope it goes well! I don't feel like anything's changed in my body or my hormones since last time, not drastically... So hopefully should get the desired result this time :D

Mozzy
05-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Congrats!

the shiv
05-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Congrats!

Cheers Mozzy :)

merilung
05-15-2013, 07:49 PM
SO happy for you, sweets - how exciting and liberating!! Love the picture too :)

...and personally, I'd take being called a raving feminist as a HUGE compliment! ;)

ikesgirl80
05-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Cheers! It was a shock when he told me that... I'd been on repeat prescription from the age of 13 (to regulate TOM), came off at around 28/29 in favour of a 2yr nightmare with the depo shot, and before I knew it I was over 30 and obese. I just took it for granted my whole life, having contraception available, it never occurred to me that I was in a completely different bracket. Glad my current doctor won't put me at risk though, my last one would have!

I hope you had a good experience with it too, and got settled into the hormones ok without any weight gain! I'll be watching my carbs and my exercise for a few months ;)

No problems! I started them about 1 year ago, and while I struggled to lose, I don't know if the pill was it, or if I was just in one of my "enjoy the moment" phases. I am trying to get an IUD, since the bf and I have ZERO interest in children, but since I am only 31 and have no kids, no one will tie me up! I wish they would though...

the shiv
05-15-2013, 10:48 PM
No problems! I started them about 1 year ago, and while I struggled to lose, I don't know if the pill was it, or if I was just in one of my "enjoy the moment" phases. I am trying to get an IUD, since the bf and I have ZERO interest in children, but since I am only 31 and have no kids, no one will tie me up! I wish they would though...

Oh! Woohoo! :hug: :hug: :hug: You are my twin, lol!! 31 and ZERO interest in children either. Apparently despite the fact I've been asking for sterilisation for 13 years, I do not know my own mind. But hey... Since the hormones control my TOM, I'm happy to avoid the invasive procedure and go this way. See now why this is such a huge deal for me? ;)

SO happy for you, sweets - how exciting and liberating!! Love the picture too :)

...and personally, I'd take being called a raving feminist as a HUGE compliment! ;)

Actually, you're right! I'd be even more raving if I'd been born a few decades ago, heh! So incredibly liberating :D I actually can't wait for TOM this month so I can get on and do this thing, lol!! :D :hug: :hat:

Novus
05-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Very cool NSV Shiv! And you look adorable in the pic. :)

Lecomtes
05-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Woot woot! AWESOME! Badassery. ;)