100 lb. Club - My First Mini-Goal Completed!!!

View Full Version : My First Mini-Goal Completed!!!

punkrocksong
05-14-2013, 08:40 AM
I weigh less than my husband! It's only by about 3 lbs, but knowing that I officially weigh less than he does has taken a huge emotional burden off of me. I'm not going to dwell on the fact he's a man and four inches taller than me, but rather that I achieved something that I set as a goal for myself when I first started.

Now on to my next goal...get down to where I was when I went to college and had to squeeze into those horribly uncomfortable desks. 265 lb me barely fit, I'm pretty sure 310 lb me would have been taking online classes for fear of the desks. I went to a small private Catholic University that had a bad habit of recycling old desks from the affiliate middle school.

appyfizz
05-14-2013, 09:13 AM
:congrat: SUper cool......

time2lose
05-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Congratulations! Before you know it, you will weigh much less than he does!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-14-2013, 09:31 AM
:woohoo: Punkrocksong

Good for you :) and just feel that wonderful feeling of making that NSV Oh... Check 1 off the list of accomplishments :) Way to go! Wouldn't it be cool if we all could go to a college or highschool and ask if we could sit in a seat? If schools weren't so secure that would be a wonderful thing to try. :D for you!!

Martine
05-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Way to go punkrocksong! I totally know how you feel, my husband has been losing weight also (much faster than me) and I'm only 5lbs lighter than him, but to me that's a really big deal. Keep it up!

AnnMarie77
05-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Congrats, that's awesome!!!

Small desks...shudder. I get scared when I go to my kids' classrooms for back-to-school night and you have to sit on those tiny chairs.

PreciousMissy
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
That's an awesome NSV! Whoo-hoo!!!

elvislover324
05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Awesome!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: That's my next mini-goal too!! 3lbs to go!!

Kat117
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
FANTASTIC!!!!!! Good for you and keep up the great work!

the shiv
05-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Congrats!! That's awesome :D My man's about 140, lol, so it'll be a long time until I'm smaller than him (and can steal all his cool clothes, heh ;) ) For now I just randomly pick him up as part of my lifting routine... ;)

You must be very proud of yourself, I hope you are!! Best of luck on hitting more goals! You've done one, proof you can do more! :hug: :D

Fit dad 2b
05-14-2013, 01:31 PM
That's great - congrats!!

I totally hear you about those desks, too. I regularly attend meetings where we are expected to sit in a seat like that. The first thing I do when I walk into a meeting room is quickly scout the place for a seat that I can fit into.

elvislover324
05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
I totally hear you about those desks, too. I regularly attend meetings where we are expected to sit in a seat like that. The first thing I do when I walk into a meeting room is quickly scout the place for a seat that I can fit into.

I scout a proper sized seat every single place I go, I think I'll be like that for the rest of my life no matter how much weight I lose.:(

punkrocksong
05-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm very excited about it...secretly hoping my husband doesn't have some crazy 10 lbs shift this week because the weather warms up.

When I was in school I actually didn't take a class because it was in the same room I had trouble fitting in the desks and I knew I had gained a good chunk of weight between first semester junior year and the last semester of my senior year. I hope a year or two from now my weight never stops me from doing anything again...aside from eating an entire cheesecake in less than a day.

Mozzy
05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Super yay! Congrats!!!