Weight Loss Support - "Problem Areas"

View Full Version : "Problem Areas"

Remington90
05-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Where are yours? What part of your body are you most concerned with. If you "could" spot reduce (how wonderful that would be) where would you?

This questions might be tired by now but just starting conversation.

For me it's my midriff and my thighs. I used to be so concerned about my arms, but after measurements today, my thighs are the only area that hasn't budged. Starting to tick me off haha.

What about you?

Radiojane
05-13-2013, 05:25 PM
My giant double belly for sure. It's gross. I'm also not a fan of my batwings.

Missy Krissy
05-13-2013, 05:25 PM
My chest and belly. I would love for both areas to be smaller, and tighter!

comeasyouare
05-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Lower belly for sure! I'm pretty sure it's going to be THE LAST area to lose!

ichoose2believe
05-13-2013, 05:29 PM
In order:
My thighs (my god they are large)
My upper arms are really bad (batwings is a good term radiojane)
My tummy (C-section and a year later gallbladder surgery at 300+= yuck)

I would live with my tummy if the first two would just work with me a bit.

PreciousMissy
05-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Spot reduce? It would be the number of hours I put in at work, but not the pay ;).

I still have a bit to lose, but I think my biggest issue right now is my stomach. I'm starting to see the signs of loose skin there.

alaskanlaughter
05-13-2013, 05:41 PM
I would definitely choose my stomach and the "muffin top" area...even though I don't wear pants that would create one, I have one anyhow :( the rest of my body seems to have come along just fine

Jennifer1966
05-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Definitely stomach.

Novus
05-13-2013, 05:50 PM
The boobs. OMG, the boobs. Will they ever shrink? And I've got a little bit of that "muffin top with or without pants" thing going on too. Arrrrrgh. :mad: :)

JohnP
05-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Stomach. I'm sure my back has a nice pocket of fat too. Let me check .... yup!

I don't care about my lower back though, as I can't see it.:D

Em Coconut
05-13-2013, 06:20 PM
My arms!! I hate them, especially the left one...Hard to explain, but it's kinda split a couple of inches above the elbow, so there's these two wobbly bulges just hanging there. I hope it goes away. The right arm is just big. And also, the big belly. I want it gone:dizzy:

hhm6
05-13-2013, 06:23 PM
stomach and arms!!!

I want my upper body to slim down more than lower so I can keep a shape but if I lost proportionally I would be a happy camper!

ChickieBoom
05-13-2013, 06:25 PM
My breasts...they're so sad. I've also got batwings and my stomach isn't that great either.

Remington90
05-13-2013, 06:26 PM
It's almost as though the areas we want specifically go Last. And the ones we don't really focusoin are first. Sigh.

And that damn muffin top without pants on needs to goooooo.

Mozzy
05-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Lower tummy and upper thighs

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 06:42 PM
I never had cottage cheese thighs, cottage cheese batwings or a cottage cheese tummy when I was living large, it was all nicely filled in before!

And what the heck is up with these elephant looking droopy skin knees?

And we won't talk about the stretched out skin on my neck!!

I think that's it for now. :)

Tuscany
05-13-2013, 06:43 PM
My arms...no two ways about it.

Garnet2727
05-13-2013, 06:47 PM
My blasted double chin. When I started this weight loss effort, it was a triple chin. Now it's a double chin with pleats. Ugh. The second place I'd go after is my batwings. *flappity, flappity, flap, flap*

NorthernChick13
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Oohh, great post! Not a tired topic at all!!!! For me...My arms and my lower back. lol they seem most prevalent in pictures!!!

annieway
05-13-2013, 06:52 PM
My stomach and muffin top midriff thing. Even if my pants are too big and not tight at all around my waist I still have that ugly bulge just above my waist.

And my face - I'm 62 and the weight loss in my face has led to a lot of wrinkles appearing where there really weren't any before. Saggy jowels and turkey neck too! People always used to tell me I didn't look my age. Now I get a seat on a crowded bus almost all the time, and no more compliments of that sort. I may even look into a face lift before my daughter's wedding in December!

Tibbits2u
05-13-2013, 07:10 PM
my hips and Tummy ..but mostly my hips ! i am so out porpotion right now. i should be in a size 10 pants, i have a tiny waist but i cant get them over my hips. so i am stuck in 14's..nothing fits me properly. its starting to niggle me a bit.

rubidoux
05-13-2013, 07:50 PM
I think I have been losing very proportionally all over, but that means I can never say that something looks smaller. Nothing ever looks smaller bc even if I have a big whoosh it's spread all over. OTOH, when I think about what part is nagging at me, I kinda think "all my parts!" So, maybe it's a good thing after all.

I have been particularly appalled by my love handles and belly lately, though -- otherwise known as the pantsless muffin top. Anyone else notice how you can see exactly where your underwear go when they're not on, like their shape has been molded into your body? I fear that I have a muffin top caused by years of too tight underwear or something, well that and the fat. lol

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 07:52 PM
After reading all of these replies (and so happy I'm not alone), I feel like I want to wear a full body girdle (like a wetsuit or something, LOL) to hide and tone all the floppy areas!

Garnet2727
05-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Is there any such thing as a chin girdle?

Actually, I probably don't really want to know the answer to that...

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 08:03 PM
After reading all of these replies (and so happy I'm not alone), I feel like I want to wear a full body girdle (like a wetsuit or something, LOL) to hide and tone all the floppy areas!

Is there any such thing as a chin girdle?

Actually, I probably don't really want to know the answer to that...

I planned on wearing the whole wetsuit, mask/helmet, oxygen tank, etc. :D

Garnet2727
05-13-2013, 08:23 PM
LOL! I think I'll join you, elvislover!

cg86
05-13-2013, 08:33 PM
DEFINITELY my belly/love handles (my spare tire) as well as my double chin... you know the one that connects to your neck and looks like you have a chinneck? *sigh...

2FatCats
05-13-2013, 08:45 PM
I call the lower belly area my kangaroo pouch. Or pooch.
I'm at goal weight, 20 bf% and lift weights but STILL have a kanga pouch. Really? Really???
My 'batwings' are going away as triceps and biceps fill out. So there is hope there . . . I hope . . . .

friaya
05-13-2013, 09:31 PM
First my batwings
Second my HUGE tighs
Third my BUTT

Curvycurly
05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
tummy

JustB1027
05-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Can I say everything? Like just my entire body head to toe!! I discovered lost week I weird fat pockets on my ankles. They look weird!!

I guess I would say:

1 my huge batwings

2 my apron

3 my thighs

opheliaphoenix
05-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Oh boy, do I ever have problem areas...lol. I think my biggest problems are - in no particular order - my thighs, my lower abdomen, and my upper arms. I always used to call them my "bingo wings", like an old lady at a retirement home waving around her saggy arm yelling "Bingo!" Haha. But, bat wings is an apt description, too! I loathe them.

I never feel comfortable in a lot of tops because of my arms, so I feel like I'm always dressed a little dowdier than I'd like to be in the name of covering up...even in hot weather. Speaking of which, I always look around at people traipsing about in their shorts and tanktops in the Spring and Summer, thinking how nice the breeze must feel on their skin. I don't even know what that feels like! I'm going to be so happy when the day comes where I feel comfortable enough to do that.

flexichick
05-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Arms, face/chin and thighs!

GMNEVO
05-13-2013, 11:36 PM
My boobbiesss they are out of control I'm 25 and they keep growing I already order bras online so I am hoping with the weight loss they get somewhat under control!!! I want a button up shirt that I can wear without giving safety glasses to people as it look like it will pop!

thewalrus0
05-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Probably the backs of my thighs. I feel like when I lose weight they are going to be totally not firm.

I'd really like them to get to a point where I feel comfortable in shorts or bathing suits.

My second scariest area is my stomach. I'm completely worried it will never firm up. Oh well though. I'll wear spanx if I have to. I'd rather be fit and slim with a floppy tummy and cottage cheese thighs than overweight and puffing up the stairs.

I'll never be a bikini model is all I'm saying. :P

JohnP
05-14-2013, 12:25 AM
I call the lower belly area my kangaroo pouch. Or pooch.
I'm at goal weight, 20 bf% and lift weights but STILL have a kanga pouch. Really? Really???
My 'batwings' are going away as triceps and biceps fill out. So there is hope there . . . I hope . . . .

Got any pictures? I think your body fat percentage is off based on your self description. 20% on a woman is not easy to achieve and I've never seen a woman at 20% where the upper body at least wasn't pretty tight. Then again based on your height/weight 20% would not be reasonable for someone who lifts weights. Thus, I am perplexed.

Arctic Mama
05-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Back fat. I am so glad it is shrinking but the remaining amount is still highly annoying.

Dottington
05-14-2013, 01:11 AM
Hips are the number one thing >_< lower belly is a close 2nd though.

Hoopty
05-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Muffin top, definitely. Along with the lower belly.

amandie
05-14-2013, 02:03 AM
My lower belly and legs (inner thighs and upper on the outside, so cellulite-y with a couple of deep dimples.)

Natasha1534
05-14-2013, 02:48 AM
Lower belly would be the list topper...I hate hate HATE my lower belly. And second on the list would be my batwings...followed by my inner thighs (can inner thighs have batwings??? LOL).

tubolard
05-14-2013, 12:01 PM
My problems area seems to be the space between my neck and my ankles. I just can't seem to get that area to look like I think it should look, lol.

ichoose2believe
05-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Oh boy, do I ever have problem areas...lol. I think my biggest problems are - in no particular order - my thighs, my lower abdomen, and my upper arms. I always used to call them my "bingo wings", like an old lady at a retirement home waving around her saggy arm yelling "Bingo!" Haha. But, bat wings is an apt description, too! I loathe them.

I never feel comfortable in a lot of tops because of my arms, so I feel like I'm always dressed a little dowdier than I'd like to be in the name of covering up...even in hot weather. Speaking of which, I always look around at people traipsing about in their shorts and tanktops in the Spring and Summer, thinking how nice the breeze must feel on their skin. I don't even know what that feels like! I'm going to be so happy when the day comes where I feel comfortable enough to do that.

Bingo Wing... I love it... Sooo... true.

2FatCats
05-14-2013, 12:17 PM
@John
Sorry to perplex you but my numbers are accurate. And I did say that the arms were firming up. Not that I need to explain myself to you - but I lift heavy free weights 3x week but have only been doing so for 4 months. I have lost over 100 pounds total so there is a bit of saggy skin that hasn't caught up yet. Frankly, I was insulted and hurt by your comments. So - please don't insinuate that I am being untrue or assume that my stats are incorrect, or need to be 'proven' with pictures.

gonnabfitmom
05-14-2013, 12:22 PM
My upper arms......so flabby and doughy. Ugh. And my belly. Also doughy.

Missy Krissy
05-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Because I have entirely too much time on my hands this morning (or maybe because I don't have too much time but am avoiding doing anything productive) I complied the data from this thread into a graph to give us a visual of 3FC:

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/KrissyMissyMe/problemarea_zpsf2e2cc1d.jpg (http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/KrissyMissyMe/media/problemarea_zpsf2e2cc1d.jpg.html)

ETA: Opps, I made a mistake. The knees should be green.

Daki
05-14-2013, 01:00 PM
My back. It's much fattier than the rest of me, I don't get it. Also my calves, they aren't actually that fatty because I have always had large calf muscles but I want to fit in normal knee high boots! It takes me fooooorever to lose in the calves.

Song of Surly
05-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Ooo, what a cool visual! I love visuals. :)

#1: My bellybutton. It's got these two little pads of fat above it at each corner, and instead of a pretty O shape, it makes it look like this a horizontally squished peachy ring, and it's SO DEEP. I don't have a double belly crease, but my belly button crease does widen out when I bend over. I know this sounds weird, but the rest of my stomach is slowly shrinking, and I know as my skin loosens, that the droopy belly button situation is only going to get worse. No bikinis for me, I guess.

#2: Lower stomach. I've got a small waist, but it's like I carry this tire across my hips and lower stomach.

elvislover324
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Krissy, you crack me up!! :rofl:

And I love numbers so I love the visual graph, great job!!

krampus
05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
If I had firm skin and a little less fat on my stomach I would be totally OK with everything.

JohnP
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
@John
Sorry to perplex you but my numbers are accurate. And I did say that the arms were firming up. Not that I need to explain myself to you - but I lift heavy free weights 3x week but have only been doing so for 4 months. I have lost over 100 pounds total so there is a bit of saggy skin that hasn't caught up yet. Frankly, I was insulted and hurt by your comments. So - please don't insinuate that I am being untrue or assume that my stats are incorrect, or need to be 'proven' with pictures.

I apologize I wasn't trying to insult you, at all. I am just curious because it is my nature. If you read my post from a curious professor point of view, only interested in information you might get a different read on it. You certainly don't need to prove anything. It's simply that body fat percentage is quite difficult to accurately measure and you may or may not be off when you think you're at 20%.

Ija
05-14-2013, 01:55 PM
It's simply that body fat percentage is quite difficult to accurately measure and you may or may not be off when you think you're at 20%.

Yep, body fat is not easy to measure accurately and most people (and I would say especially most women) greatly underestimate their body fat level. Calipers are not an ideal method for people who have any skin laxity (which is most of us who have lost substantial weight), and bioelectrical impedance can give wildly inaccurate values under some conditions. I've seen women at my gym get their body fat levels estimated at 20-22%, then are later shocked when the DEXA puts them over 30. They're convinced it's wrong because they lift so much... It happens to the best of us.

100Mother
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Of course there are several areas for me. The front of my thighs, my arms, etc.

But the #1 thing I'd get rid of is my tire or second belly. I can't ever remember not having it

Cali Doll
05-14-2013, 05:50 PM
My waist is the bane of my existence. It's where all of the water in my body hibernates.

My problems area seems to be the space between my neck and my ankles. I just can't seem to get that area to look like I think it should look, lol.

LOL!

freelancemomma
05-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Love that graphic!

F.

Remington90
05-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Because I have entirely too much time on my hands this morning (or maybe because I don't have too much time but am avoiding doing anything productive) I complied the data from this thread into a graph to give us a visual of 3FC:

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/KrissyMissyMe/problemarea_zpsf2e2cc1d.jpg (http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/KrissyMissyMe/media/problemarea_zpsf2e2cc1d.jpg.html)

That's awesome! Really cool to "see" it on a graph. Hopefully in a few months that picture can all be green or all nothing!

Natasha1534
05-14-2013, 06:39 PM
My back. It's much fattier than the rest of me, I don't get it. Also my calves, they aren't actually that fatty because I have always had large calf muscles but I want to fit in normal knee high boots! It takes me fooooorever to lose in the calves.

I have the same issue w/ my calves. They've always been very muscular, but they are large and if I try to find a tall boot they always end up squished up underneath my calves. :(

#2: Lower stomach. I've got a small waist, but it's like I carry this tire across my hips and lower stomach.

EXACTLY!!!

krampus
05-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Yep, body fat is not easy to measure accurately and most people (and I would say especially most women) greatly underestimate their body fat level. Calipers are not an ideal method for people who have any skin laxity (which is most of us who have lost substantial weight), and bioelectrical impedance can give wildly inaccurate values under some conditions. I've seen women at my gym get their body fat levels estimated at 20-22%, then are later shocked when the DEXA puts them over 30. They're convinced it's wrong because they lift so much... It happens to the best of us.

This is exactly why I am content NOT KNOWING. I would go completely insane not knowing which figure was right or have a meltdown from having to accept a larger number.

Elladorine
05-15-2013, 01:51 PM
My "not pregnant enough to look this pregnant" belly, which doubles as a built-in muffin top. :preg:
My batwings. I'm nowhere near goal yet but it's pretty obvious they're not going anywhere without surgery. One of my friends calls hers angel wings! :angel:

My boobs. There, I said it. They've never been perky (not even at the start of puberty) and they've deflated so much throughout my weight loss that the only thing holding them up is my belly. :p

Natasha1534
05-15-2013, 07:32 PM
My boobs. There, I said it. They've never been perky (not even at the start of puberty) and they've deflated so much throughout my weight loss that the only thing holding them up is my belly. :p

Ugh...at this point I'm still good w/ my boobs (wish they were perkier, but I'm about to be 37, LOL) but if they shrink much more I'm seriously considering a boob job. I've been a C cup all my life and now I'm a full B, small C. I have nothing against small breasts, but I myself do not want an A cup.

ange82much
05-16-2013, 05:35 AM
:

Nice work on the graphics!!

You can keep the knees yellow, cos that's me.

Plenty wrong with the rest of me but fat knees really bug me and stop me wearing anything that shows them - even skinny jeans are off for the same reason. Really, it's unfair. Why should i have stupid looking knees?!?!?
They do get better when i lose weight, but they're still not as good as 'normal' peoples!

glitterhairdye
05-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Can I say everything? Seriously, I could nitpick my entire body and I do. I have this perpetual muffin top, fat arms, padding on my waist, I hate my thighs and my calves have too much fat over a lot of muscle. I guess I like my back, so there's on plus. haha

Missy Krissy
05-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm glad folks enjoyed my visual! :) It was a good way for me to spend time that didn't involve eating ;)

ShaMac
05-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Like most I would have to say my tummy and love handles, but in the process of trying to get rid of the stuff I don't like, I have managed to almost completely eliminate my boobs. They are so small where they use to be a nice size :(. By the way I also would like to have smaller thighs so I can wear short without them crawling and bunching up in my crotch, that looks so bad.

KindaSortaAthlete
05-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Ugh! Most everything between my mid-thighs up to (and including!) my chest.

My thighs have always been large, but I used to hate them all the way down to my knees. I can tell that's improving, so that's hopeful. My stomach is a mess, and I'm not sure if that's going to improve all that much. I've got this spare tire around my hips...I can just reach down and grab handfuls of fat and lift up - kind of like simulating a lower body lift. The handfuls of fat I can grab above my butt are especially disturbing to me. And my boobs! They look great in a bra, but naked... Well lying down ain't so pretty. Basically, if I bend over forward while naked, there are 3 skin pendulums freakishly hanging down - 2 boobs and my belly skin. Not attractive!

I think my calves are great, and I'm ok with my arms! ...I felt like I should at least say something positive about myself after what I said above!