Weight Loss Support - Why thank you very much, woosh fairy!

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 01:43 PM
The woosh fairy has been by my house, sorry I couldn't catch him for you!!

Lost 3lbs at today's weigh-in. I don't think I lost a total of 3lbs in the last month chasing down onederland.

Was it stress relief? Was it finding a balance of calories and exercise? Was it the moon and stars lining up? I say, WHO CARES and THANK YOU, woosh fairy!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Remington90
05-13-2013, 01:47 PM
That's great and so nice to hear! I KNEW you'd have a whoosh soon. Whether it was finding a balance of calories, reducing stress or the stars aligning. it happened. AND along the way, you've balanced your calories, relieved some stress and heck, you made the stars align. Power to you and keep going! Not only have you lost another 3 lbs, you've had some great NSV and Life victories. be proud :)! :hug: :carrot:

bethFromDayton
05-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Way to go! I was thinking about you and your weigh-in today!

mboo
05-13-2013, 01:54 PM
That's Awesome Elvis, IT Is A Shame You Couldn't CatchThatLittle Booger.

Novus
05-13-2013, 02:04 PM
:broc: You go girl!

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks everyone!! Happy Day!! (I figure I owe you guys some happy posts since I was miserable for a month!)

And mboo, he came in the middle of the night and stole my fat. I wish I knew he was going to be here. I would have gift wrapped it up real pretty and thrown in a few extra pounds! :D

joefla70
05-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks everyone!! Happy Day!! (I figure I owe you guys some happy posts since I was miserable for a month!)

And mboo, he came in the middle of the night and stole my fat. I wish I knew he was going to be here. I would have gift wrapped it up real pretty and thrown in a few extra pounds! :D

When it rains, it pours! Congrats! :)

I was just posting in a different thread that, lately, my weight loss patter has been that way. I'll go a while without showing any results on the scale, and then all of a sudden the scale will show a several pound drop in the span of a few days. A long time ago I accepted the fact that weight loss was not always going to follow a particular pattern. You can't expect the same results from the same amount of effort and diet. You can only do your best, and see what happens -- and try not to get discouraged if you don't like the results. Because EVENTUALLY your efforts will yield results. Now, I've said I've accepted the fact that this happens. It doesn't mean I like it! I can definitely test my patience sometimes!

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 02:38 PM
When it rains, it pours! Congrats! :)

I was just posting in a different thread that, lately, my weight loss patter has been that way. I'll go a while without showing any results on the scale, and then all of a sudden the scale will show a several pound drop in the span of a few days. A long time ago I accepted the fact that weight loss was not always going to follow a particular pattern. You can't expect the same results from the same amount of effort and diet. You can only do your best, and see what happens -- and try not to get discouraged if you don't like the results. Because EVENTUALLY your efforts will yield results. Now, I've said I've accepted the fact that this happens. It doesn't mean I like it! I can definitely test my patience sometimes!

Thanks Joe!! And very wise words from you. I was so consistent for so long that it was a HUGE adjustment to not keep doing the same thing every week. I literally had 8 months of good weight dropping every week, I wanted it to stay that way all the way to 160 (lol, selfish!). I know what I have to do exercise-wise and diet-wise so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, it's working! But it is very trying on my patience. (I wonder if the whole stress thing played in here as I was so happy last week dancing around in onederland, my body relaxed for once in a long time!)

NorthernChick13
05-13-2013, 03:06 PM
AMAZING, elvislover. Amazing. I need to change my name to elvisloverlover!! Way to go!!

mygirlvj
05-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Congrats, so happy for you. Hopefully the 190's will fly by for you after the last decade was so horrible.

SuperCecilia
05-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Congrats Elvis! You are such an inspiration to us all. Keep up the great work!

Keep Moving Forward
05-13-2013, 03:41 PM
:carrot:

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks everyone!!

And LMAO @ NorthernChick!! :hug:

IanG
05-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Omg.

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Omg.

???

IanG
05-13-2013, 03:57 PM
???

Pretty awesome Elvis!

But where was that whoosh when we needed it!

The fairy moves in mysterious ways.

Missy Krissy
05-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Way to go Elvis! Good work!

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Pretty awesome Elvis!

But where was that whoosh when we needed it!

The fairy moves in mysterious ways.

Awww, thanks Ian! I swear the woosh fairy just flies around like a witch on a broom laughing at us.

I went through my calories from last week and had high calories on my running days like my nutritionist recommended. I'll never know if that was the reason it worked or if it was a coincidence. But I sure am trying it again this week!

IanG
05-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Hmm. I think the whoosh fairy is playing tricks.

joefla70
05-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks Joe!! And very wise words from you. I was so consistent for so long that it was a HUGE adjustment to not keep doing the same thing every week. I literally had 8 months of good weight dropping every week, I wanted it to stay that way all the way to 160 (lol, selfish!). I know what I have to do exercise-wise and diet-wise so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, it's working! But it is very trying on my patience. (I wonder if the whole stress thing played in here as I was so happy last week dancing around in onederland, my body relaxed for once in a long time!)

Thanks, Elvis... but any "wise words" from my post most likely came from something I read in one of JohnP's posts! LOL. :)

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Elvis... but any "wise words" from my post most likely came from something I read in one of JohnP's posts! LOL. :)

Spreading the knowledge is power for all of us!! That's what we all have to keep doing, paying it all forward!

PreciousMissy
05-13-2013, 05:27 PM
That's awesome!!! The next time he shows up see if you can get him to log onto 3FC...I'm sure we all have questions ;).

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
That's awesome!!! The next time he shows up see if you can get him to log onto 3FC...I'm sure we all have questions ;).

LOL Missy!! He's so rude, he just pops in whenever the heck he feels like it. No call, no scheduled time. Maybe I should start leaving the arm up on my mailbox when I have a fat pickup for him! I don't know how else to tell him I'd like a visit more than once a month!

JohnP
05-13-2013, 07:26 PM

As well that 80% of my information comes from Lyle McDonald and the other 20% from various experts.

It is so powerful to have accurate information as opposed to the B.S. the fitness industry shovels at all of us to try to get us to buy books/magazines/supplements.

The woosh fairy...

Ha! I love this description. Perhaps the most accurate way I have seen it described.

Congrats!

Garnet2727
05-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Whoosh fairy! I LOVE it! I'm happy for you, elvislover. :D

ikesgirl80
05-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Woo hoo Elvis! You rock!

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks everyone!!! Love when the woosh fairy taps his wand a few times!! I really do hope the 190s are gone in a blink but I'm pretending not to watch, hehe.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-13-2013, 09:35 PM
WELL Gooooollllllieeeeeee :) That woosh was just waiting for you around the corner... Sometimes I think the Swoosh or Woosh fairy (male or female) has a teasing and testing way about itself. Just waiting to "SURPRISE" you when you least expected it....Watching to see if you are good and not giving into temptation.... :)

I am SO very very very happy for you.. gosh the 200's really are getting farther in the rear view mirror! :)

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks, Sue!! I was so very happy! I think it was just such a huge stress relief to get on the scale today not "caring" what it said to a point, knowing I was in onederland last week and my TOM was over (sorry guys, TMI!). When the scale showed 3lbs, I almost squealed with delight! I ate so much (all on plan of course) last week trying to keep my calories high on my intense exercise days, I never thought I'd have such a big loss. It must have been weightloss that I banked up or something!!

I just have to keep Joe and John's words of wisdom in the back of my head. The guys are so logical about these things, they remind me of my husband (in a good way!).

I wish the woosh fairy would just sprinkle a little bit of love around for everyone!! :love:

SuperHeroTeacher
05-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Hooray!!! I knew you were due for a big whoosh! So, so happy for you!!! I hope these last 35 pounds just fly off for you!

JustB1027
05-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Way to go!!!! You have done such an amazing job!!!