Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #1  

Default Suggestions please

Hi,
I had maple oat meal today. What kind of vegetables I should eat to lower my carb intake. Please suggest
sprotein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprotein View Post
Hi,
I had maple oat meal today. What kind of vegetables I should eat to lower my carb intake. Please suggest
If you are following your sheet, you don't need to make any adjustments to your veggies just because you have the maple oatmeal. The program is DESIGNED so that you can have 1 restricted item (higher carb IP product) per day.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #3  

When ever I have high carb food, Ketosis stick shows trace in the test. What is the maximun carb intake per day for IP phase 1?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
When ever I have high carb food, Ketosis stick shows trace in the test. What is the maximun carb intake per day for IP phase 1?
As MANY have mentioned - the ketostix are worthless. If you are showing trace on the ketostix, you are in ketosis. you should NEVER register high on the ketostix, that is a dangerous condition known as ketoacidosis and can require hospitalization.

Daily net carb intake is somewhere in the 20g-50g range - that is total carbs minus fiber. If you are following your sheet and having 1 restricted and 2 unrestricted products per day you will fall in that range.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #5  

Thank you for your reply scorbett1103.

I have one more question..I feel giddy daily in the afternoon. Please suggest anything to overcome this.

Thank you
Old 05-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Thank you for your reply scorbett1103.

I have one more question..I feel giddy daily in the afternoon. Please suggest anything to overcome this.

Thank you
If you are feeling lightheaded/dizzy in the afternoons, it could be a couple of things. First I would make sure you are getting enough salt. Try putting a few healthy shakes of salt on your lunchtime veggies, or just sprinkle some on your hand and lick it off. If your electrolytes were low, that should resolve those feelings within about half an hour.

If you're also hungry, you may want to save 1 cup of veggies to have as an afternoon snack, or try eating an egg white - your body may need a little nutritional boost to get you through till dinner.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water too - dehydration will hit you really easily so it's very important.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Scorbett...as a Rn I am glad that you mentioned about the ketoacidosis! THANK YOU! I try nnot to put in to much medical stuff here, but that is important for people to know. Also, don't overdo the potasssium and follow with a physician. Potassium, calcium and magnesium are all critical for cardiac and muscular, as well as the nervous system function. I personally only take the potassium every other day as many of my alternative products have it added and it is also in our veggies!
Also, the body gets used of processing ketones, so even if the stick is negative, you will still be in ketosis if you are following the plan 100%
Scorbett, you make a great online coach!

Last edited by DJ72; 05-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
Scorbett...as a Rn I am glad that you mentioned about the ketoacidosis! THANK YOU! I try nnot to put in to much medical stuff here, but that is important for people to know. Also, don't overdo the potasssium and follow with a physician. Potassium, calcium and magnesium are all critical for cardiac and muscular, as well as the nervous system function. I personally only take the potassium every other day as many of my alternative products have it added and it is also in our veggies!
Also, the body gets used of processing ketones, so even if the stick is negative, you will still be in ketosis if you are following the plan 100%
Scorbett, you make a great online coach!
Aw thanks! My husband is a Type 1 diabetic so DKA is well known around here He is on an insulin pump and his pump failed unexpectedly one day and he didn't catch it early enough, he ended up hospitalized for 3 days to get IV insulin to bring his blood sugars down.

For those who don't know, Ketoacidosis is serious business, but should not be confused with ketosis - which after a few weeks doesn't show up much at all on the pee sticks. There's no such thing as in "higher ketosis" or "lower ketosis", either you are producing mild ketones, or you're not - for the purposes of Ideal Protein, of course