Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 5/13/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein pDr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #2  

Welcome to all the IP newcomers!

I was helping a dear friend prepare for a move out-of-state yesterday when it got to be dinner time.
They were planning chili. I went to the grocery store, loaded a salad with veggies at the salad bar, grabbed a WF dressing and a rotisserie chicken.

I don't usually eat rotisserie chickens from the store but I did this time in a pinch. Read the labels of those items! They inject a solution in the chickens to plump them up. It often contains sugar, sodium, and hydrogenated oils (among other stuff we don't need).

Again, it worked in a pinch. We had dinner planned but stayed longer than we expected. I wonder if I can pawn the rest of this chicken off on DH? LOL
Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

NSV - Had a great visit with my parents for Mothers Day this weekend. Mom pulled out my High School Letterman's Jacket from 1975 for me to try on again. To my surprise it fit comfortably. I have a few more pounds to go for my goal, but this gave me a super boost.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Lisa your dinner was the IP version of fast food. Not something you can do everyday, but works in a pinch.

Texan That's impressive!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #5  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Fitting in anything from HS has got to be a good feeling, good job A1.

No loss this past week. Trying not to be discouraged, but I've never not had at least some sort of loss, like 1 pound even. And I'm still over halfway to goal. So I guess I'm still at this dreaded plateau that derailed me whenever I'd try to get back on plan earlier this year.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #6  

Help! I've been on alternative IP for a month now and I have been experiencing daily diarrhea for the last 2 weeks. I thought it would go away so was not really concerned at first but it hasn't stopped yet.

I haven't really consumed much sucralose and I don't eat alot of lettuce so I am suspicious of my magnesium intake. Does anyone know exactly how much we are supposed to take daily? Thinking of switching my multi-vita up. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning all.
I cheated yesterday thought a little taste of warm pita that came with my salad would be nice.......WOW how I was wrong! It wasn't anywhere as good as I remembered before IP, and the GUILT I felt after was horrible! I just wanted to climb under my desk! So dissapppointed in myself and so embarassed that i slipped up, so here i am confessing... Lesson learned,definitely won't be doing that again!

A1- good for you that must have felt Fantatic to put that jacket on! I looked at you pictures too, you look amazing - congrats!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=hereandnow;4739610]Help! I've been on alternative IP for a month now and I have been experiencing daily diarrhea for the last 2 weeks.

I'm not sure. I thought the quest bars were bugging me but it wasn't. Hope you can find out something. I'd switch up your packets. Maybe give your tummy a break.

Well had a great Mother's Day. Stayed OP. when everyone else was having pie and ice cream I sipped on decaf coffee then added a piece of gum. Was tempted last night to have a coke zero. It is sweetened with Splenda but made a cup of tea instead. I knew I had a weigh in today and I am down! 2.4lbs! My original goal was 140 So I'm there but then changed it to 130. I am going to continue through the end of may with phase 1. Then I think I may transition off. Who knows? I feel great. My daughter this morning told me I look great and I should be done with my diet. I told her I am just eating healthy! But it feels great to have your child tell you that! Have a great OP day.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi all-
Weight loss has slowed (ie: stalled) once again, but trying not to lose focus to get these last 10 pounds off. I think by mid-June I will be ready to phase off, no matter what the weight.

DH is now on phase 4 after losing 180 pounds (!!!) in the same 8 months. So proud of him, but it is definitely a challenge now to be on different foods. It doesn't bother me to have things in the house so much as that my phase 1 rhythm is off and I haven't investigated phase 4 enough to know what to cook for him. He's doing most himself, which is great.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Weigh in today, down 0.4 of a pound, it's better than the no loss of last week, but really slow. It is a little discouraging but then that has been balanced a bit by people who come into the store finally starting to say things like "You look amazing" and "Oh Denise, you have lost weight, looking good!"

So since I still feel great, I will continue on, because I am not even close to my first goal yet. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on the losses!! I had a great Mother's Day too. Busy week this week, but looking forward to it! Hope everyone has a great day
Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Default Considering IP

Hi everyone,

I am considering starting IP in the next week or so, and am interested to hear from others who have been successful, or not successful, with this diet. My stepdad is in his third month and has lost 50+ pounds. He looks great. I know men lose differently then women, so I wanted to hear from some of the ladies out there!

A bit about me: I am 25 and have struggled with weight loss my entire life. I had Lap Band surgery 3 years ago and didn't lose 1 pound. I have tried everything - weight watchers, Jenny Craig (was moderately successful on that), and most recently Shred. My biggest problem is that if I don't see results within the first few weeks, I get discouraged and quit. I understand this is a problem and could be self-sabotaging, but I think it's understandable. I am on the verge of being pre-diabetic, and at the moment am being treated for insulin resistance.

If anyone has any feedback at all, please share! I would like to learn as much about the diet as possible before starting so I don't waste my time or money, again!! I am ready to really commit to this, but I want to make sure its the right choice for me. Thank you in advance!!!

Edit: I should add that I currently weight about 230 and would like to lose 80-100 lbs.

Last edited by amt6; 05-13-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #13  
Started IP 12-26-2012

For Mother's Day, I made my kid clean and clean... By the end of the day, I think she wanted a new mom for Mother's Day!

I made a slow roasted pork loin roast (all visible fat removed) with my homemade low-carb bbq sauce. Pulled pork-like dinner with rutabaga fries. I felt like I was being oh so bad, but it wasn't! For dessert I had IP jell-o with cooked down rhubarb. It was an awesome night!

Hubby was working, so he said he'd take me out for steak mid-week.

Next weekend I leave for 2 weeks for Alaska (home) for my big brother's wedding and family reunion (all 9 of us "kids" will be in attendance).

Sending a bunch of my IP alternatives food ahead to my mother's where I'll be staying so it's all there ready for me. But all bets are off on the wedding day!

Can't wait!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #14  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am considering starting IP in the next week or so, and am interested to hear from others who have been successful, or not successful, with this diet. My stepdad is in his third month and has lost 50+ pounds. He looks great. I know men lose differently then women, so I wanted to hear from some of the ladies out there!

A bit about me: I am 25 and have struggled with weight loss my entire life. I had Lap Band surgery 3 years ago and didn't lose 1 pound. I have tried everything - weight watchers, Jenny Craig (was moderately successful on that), and most recently Shred. My biggest problem is that if I don't see results within the first few weeks, I get discouraged and quit. I understand this is a problem and could be self-sabotaging, but I think it's understandable. I am on the verge of being pre-diabetic, and at the moment am being treated for insulin resistance.

If anyone has any feedback at all, please share! I would like to learn as much about the diet as possible before starting so I don't waste my time or money, again!! I am ready to really commit to this, but I want to make sure its the right choice for me. Thank you in advance!!!

Edit: I should add that I currently weight about 230 and would like to lose 80-100 lbs.
Hey AMT,

First of all, when you're a 100 lb overweight, giving up 1-2 weeks in won't get you anywhere. I speak from experience. I weighed at top weight, 330 lbs. I'm now at 245. Some I lost on my own, but the majority I've lost using IP or IP alternative products and following the IP plan.

This is the easiest and the hardest diet to follow. Easy, because it's all outlined. You eat what's on the sheet, and nothing else. Hard for some because sticking to it is difficult for those who don't have the willpower.

YOU need to make the decision that YOU are ready for this diet. YOU have to be ready to do what's needed to get yourself healthy.

I highly recondite this diet because for me it has been SO EASY to lose weight. It takes very little thought/effort, especially in the beginning.

Be aware that the first few days are ****. You will feel awful. You need to fight through that, stick with it. It's your body going into ketosis, and it's needed for this diet. Being in ketosis is a natural appetite suppressant so that you're not gnawing off your arm with the low calorie intake.

You will not lose weight like a man. There is "usually" a big loss the first week, but some people (like me) did not have that. I have lost an average of 2 - 2.5 lbs per week. Some weeks are only 1 lb. Some weeks are none. Some weeks the scale goes UP, usually due to time of month or water retention... BUT, the thing is to STICK WITH IT NO MATTER WHAT.

If you're ready, I say GO FOR IT... the only thing you have to lose is your weight, right?

Just my 2 cents.
Oh, and I'm diabetic. It would be awesome to get that weight off BEFORE you turn diabetic. Trust me.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Hi everyone,

Hi!
I have tried a lot of things as well, and this is the only diet that has worked for me so far. I don't think you will have a problem with losing quickly at first, I guess I lost like 6 lbs the first week? Anyway, I have lost 80 and I started the first week of October, 2012. I can't say enough about how this works and how much I have learned about eating, different foods, nutritional choices, etc. I feel that all I am learning has changed my perspective as far as eating and I think this will be valuable in maintaining. I think you would make a good choice to give it a try. People have told me they couldn't believe I was doing this, it is so expensive! I just tell them I figured it was cheaper than diabetes or a heart attack, which is where I feel I was headed.
Good luck and welcome
Closed Thread