100 lb. Club - 3 Unique Facts About YOU! :)

View Full Version : 3 Unique Facts About YOU! :)

lunarsongbird
05-11-2013, 05:34 PM
We talk a lot on this board about weight loss and eating, exercise and fitness. But what about you? Who are you off the scale?

Tell us three facts about you. :)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m278vlBOcN1r68fnuo1_400.jpg

And do you have an Amazon account?
What are three of the items that Amazon recommends for you?

(ETA: I've been thinking a little bit more about this thread...and the reason I like it is because I like everyone here. I don't want someone here to fade away in the distance because they are gaining weight or not sticking to "plan." I want you to stay, because I like YOU. I don't care if you are maintaining or gaining. I will celebrate with you when you are in love with the scale. And I will be your friend when the scale is your enemy. I am definitely looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more!)
http://uppstuds.nu/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/i-love-my-computer-because-my-friends-live-in-it1.png

You are/I am a beautiful person. You are/I am so much more then my weight loss journey. You are/I'm an individual who is worth getting to know. Don't forget it! ;)

NorthernChick13
05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I love this, lunarsongbird! Thank you for starting such an awesome thread!

1) I am an adrenaline junkie! From bungee jumping to skydiving, I've done it all and live for a good thrill!

2) I am so obsessed with the Backstreet Boys that it borders on the unhealthy side, but I finally accept my crazy and wear it proudly!

3) I love making insane kitchen creations, like blueberry shrimp and peanut butter hot sauce. No one I know will eat them but that just means more for me!

Can't wait to learn more about you all!

lunarsongbird
05-11-2013, 05:48 PM
1. I have a 13 year old cat living in my bathroom. Did I tell you that my Abby kitty peed on me in the middle of the night last Saturday? OY VAY! It was my first "practice being a parent" moment with Andrew. I needed to wake him up at 4 AM to strip the sheets off the bed and change them. He was so wonderful about it. We have an appointment with the vet on Monday.

Abby seems to like the bathroom though. Here she is happy as a clam:
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phplgeCaZPM_zps9d08c2f2.jpg

2. I'm hoping that next Mother's day I won't be drinking. ;) But it looks like tomorrow I will, because Andrew bought a TON of wine for lunch tomorrow.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpLeoF0YPM_zpsa8fe6107.jpg
(Someday!!!)

3. I am a wanna be hippie and am going to be scheduling an appointment to visit a farm to inquiry about raw milk.
http://blogallthethingsblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/food-not-food.jpg

Well- I feel like a lot of you might have already known those facts, no? Boo. Well- it's me in a snapshot. I'm an open book.

And Amazon...
Books-A Woman's Step-By-Step Guide To Running For Balanced Living: It's About More Than Being Skinny- A Woman's Step-By-Step Guide To Running For Balanced Living: It's About More Than Being Skinny.
(Hmmmm...I might actually want to download that book, actually. Well done, Amazon. Well, done.)
http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Step-By-Step-Running-Balanced-ebook/dp/B00BPEBQ1C/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_154606011_a1_n_1_p

Heavyweigh Extra Think Foam Exercise Mat- http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Step-By-Step-Running-Balanced-ebook/dp/B00BPEBQ1C/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_154606011_a1_n_1_p
AMAZON- Are you trying to tell me something?! SHAME on you! Okay....we can still be friends.

Music- Les Retrouvailles [Import, Soundtrack]
http://www.amazon.com/Les-Retrouvailles-Yann-Tiersen/dp/B000852GIQ/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_5174_b2_1_p
This is because I bought my husband, Andrew, the Amelie soundtrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTF_Xm8k2TE
That picture kind of reminds me of Rufus Wainright- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qvvVm9vKbY

I bought that album in high school. :)

lunarsongbird
05-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Blueberry shrimp. Was it any good?
Apparently there is such a thing:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RpLLfeOlABg/R-jR61Nok8I/AAAAAAAAAjw/vu0xNpiHnao/s320/udang4.jpg

Also- Northern, I just read about what's going on with you. I'm sorry that life can be such a garbage storm sometimes. And I for one am glad you are here...

I'm glad you are part of my support system. 3FC is definitely part of my "real life"- and I'm happy you are a part of it. :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I am a horror movie fanatic! From old black/whites to current day!
I love anything to do with the paranormal. Living in an official haunted house just fuels this obsession!
I love to read anything from horror to raunchy period romance, how tos to cartoons!

lunarsongbird
05-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Dangerouscurves- Have you experienced any interesting phenomena in your home?

Also- Did you read 50 shades of grey? And am I the only one that didn't think it was that kinky?

And I forgot.... Alcohol+cold medicine= cheap date. But I'm home alone watching Project Runway. -_- And 3FCIU. (3 Fat Chicking Under the Influence.)

dangerouscurvesahead
05-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Lol yes i have/do on a regular basis! Ive even had paranormal investigators out here and a few tv shows on the subject contact me. We yave lived here for 14yrs now and have come to an understanding with each other that allows us to all get along... for the most part anyway.

elvislover324
05-11-2013, 06:08 PM
And 3FCIU. (3 Fat Chicking Under the Influence.)

This made me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:! What I wouldn't give to have a drink right now!!

lunarsongbird
05-11-2013, 06:12 PM
This made me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:! What I wouldn't give to have a drink right now!!

There is something to be said about fancy non-alcoholic beverages. Did I tell you that I made heart shaped ice cubes with blackberries frozen into them? Very fancy shmancy. ;)

dangerouscurvesahead
05-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Nah never read it. Read the inside cover and couldnt get into it. Not sure what all the hoopla was about honestly.
My daughter i am sure was a hippie in a previous life lol! Everything about her just screams hippie! Clothes, music actions its so funny.

MoniqueMclean
05-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I am a Obsessive type girl, I literally OCD about everything anything from the paranormal, to serial killers, to the news I love to read and be informed once i get bored i easily move on!!

I insanley humorous or so i have been told i am theatrical when i speak hand moving and body going with the motions of the story never dull when i am around!

and most of all i am insecure, and really hard on my self and have been that way all of my life.. I hate my crossed eye ( yup i know your thinking it :dizzy: lol) my flat feet and my manly legs.. But hey at least i know i am real honest and most of all I got integrity !! thats me folks with every flaw i got a few rainbows that make it harder to see..

elvislover324
05-11-2013, 06:28 PM
3 Unique Facts About Me:

1. I read the death notices on my hometown newspaper first thing online every single morning before I read anything else. Have for at least 20 years. (What a morbid start to a day!)

2. Very regimen oriented and would be called OCD if diagnosed (and probably prescribed meds to control, except I would never take them as I don't want my OCD messed with!). I hate change and/or disruption in my life. (Explains why I can't stop reading death notices before breakfast!)

3. Winter is my favorite season, it makes me giddy with excitement to have snow, winter holidays (hold the family drama), Christmas lights, and more snow. But I hate to be cold, go figure!

The amazon recommendations are so funny, never even clicked that tab before!

First one is a scarf holder/hanger. (Not sure why, I only own like 3 "fancy" scarfs and never wear them as I have no idea how to wrap it around myself!)

Second one is a seasoning injector with marinade needles. It looks like the kit that the nurses use to take my blood every 2-3 weeks, there is NO WAY I'd buy this set.

Third recommendation is Lady Antebellum's CD/On This Winter's Night. I might check that out, never heard of it!

pnkrckpixikat
05-11-2013, 06:54 PM
1. Love love love horror books/movies

2. Hate running yet love the idea of running, this leads me to get about 3-4 weeks into c25k about twice a year without ever completing it (But I hope during summer break I finally master it!)

3. Netflix usually wins out over studying and homework, yet I still tend to get A's and I'm don't understand quite HOW I manage it lol

Amazon.... hmmm my prediction is books but lets see:

Why I Love Singlehood by Elisa Lorello
Honeymoon for One by Beth Orsoff
Whisper of a Witch by Suza Kates

in fact the top 14 recommendations are all books, can you tell I mostly only use amazon to feed my kindle lol

Vex
05-11-2013, 07:28 PM
1. I love horror/apocalyptic movies and books.

2. I'm a complete skeptic. I need proof.

3. Gamer.

Mozzy
05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm a mom to two little girls, I'm obsessed with Newfoundland dogs, and I just moved across the country!

Tziri
05-11-2013, 07:55 PM
1. I'm an outdoors freak! I love everything that has to do with outdoors (camping, fishing, gardening, relaxing, hiking etc..).
2. I have been a Hanson fan from the very beginning (90's)!! I'm completely bummed I can't go to their concert with my best friend this year.
3. Deep down I'm a proud nerd/geek! I was all giddy the first time I got to watch The Hobbit this year and I can't wait for the next movies. I also game and read a lot of epic fantasy series..among other things.

Amazon Recommendations:
Book: A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan
CD: The Band Perry (not sure if I've heard their music or not)
Movie: The Big Bang Theory Season Six (did not even know this was out until I saw it on my recommendations... must buy now!)
Well done Amazon...well done.

elvislover324
05-11-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm a mom to two little girls, I'm obsessed with Newfoundland dogs, and I just moved across the country!

Does this mean you are going to stop calling us "y'all"?? I laugh every time I read that, I don't know why!

And um, across the country? You didn't miss a beat in this place plus you are dropping pounds like crazy. What a woman you are!!

Mozzy
05-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Does this mean you are going to stop calling us "y'all"?? I laugh every time I read that, I don't know why!

And um, across the country? You didn't miss a beat in this place plus you are dropping pounds like crazy. What a woman you are!!

I'll probably drop the y'all soon cuz no one here says it lol

And thank you for the compliment!

LadyPurl
05-11-2013, 08:35 PM
I love chickens, so much in fact that 2 years ago chicks for our first flock were my mother's day gift.

I absolutely love being a middle school science teacher, I can't imagine every teaching another subject or another grade level. It makes me happy everyday, even the hard days.

I love to read about anything and I read a ton, but at night while I am sitting waiting for our 3 girls to go to sleep I always read romance novels.

Recommendations:
The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken (doesn't look like something I would like)
Marware 3-pack screen protector for Kindle Fire HD (which I may just get as my mother's day gift this year was the last $30 I needed to get a Kindle Fire HD to replace my kindle keyboard so I can read at night in the girls room)
Lady Eve's Indiscretion by Grace Burrowes (looks good I may get when I finish my current book)

nitrus29
05-11-2013, 08:38 PM
1. I LOVE driving!! I can drive anytime anywhere! Sometimes to de-stress after a long day, I just hit the road and go on a drive around town or hit the state highway ! (I once drove the college bus home when I was 18 (my dad wasn't too pleased, but the bus driver and the rest of my bus mates thought I was pretty cool ;))
2. I've changed my house address 16 times (across 4 countries). It's sickening to the point that once upon a time, my passport, DL, birth certificate utility bills all had different addresses :dizzy:
3. I was strictly vegetarian for a whole year last year. I am back to being a non vegetarian cause I missed my shrimps!!! :D

Amazon Recommends:
1. Micheal Kors Gold Tone Mens watch (I gifted my bf one recently :D)
2. Complete Tales of Edgar Alan Poe - eBook Kindle Recommends
3. Dunlop pickholder (for my guitar - which has been collecting dust of late :( )

Daimere
05-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Did you read 50 shades of grey? And am I the only one that didn't think it was that kinky?
It's not. I have a friend that keeps getting mad cause he keeps meeting girls that want more "50 shades of grey" in their life but they don't really want what he can deliver. Also look up the blog from Jennifer Armintrout. It could really open your eyes (and hilarious). I mean Grey is abusive by the letter.

Things about me:
1) I knit and I'm very crafty.
2) Other than hooping, I play with fans, flow wand, poi, flags, and contact staff (still very beginner)
3) I love roller coasters which is another reason not to balloon up.

I'm very much off plan at the moment. :(

My amazon searches are recommending me:
1) South beach diet books 2) bellydance dvds 3) barre dvds

Happymomof2
05-11-2013, 09:51 PM
1. I read magazines from back to front, I have no idea why.

2. I can't stand having my face touched.

3. I love seeing my garden come to life, and when in full bloom I often stare at it all and am amazed that something so beautiful comes from nature. I feel the same when looking at my kids too, they are both my little miracles.

alaskanlaughter
05-11-2013, 11:21 PM
1) I have many many memories of past lives, ranging from far far in the distant past to as recently as the 1970s when I remember being shot and killed in a war as a child

2) My home is open to any and all children who need a temporary place to stay although we are not "officially" foster parents to anyone.

3) I see letters, numbers and words in my head as having colors...there's a scientific name for it but I forgot it...my name Ruth is a light purple color, my son Jackson's is a dark green...all J names are green to me

Elladorine
05-11-2013, 11:44 PM
1. I never outgrew cartoons, especially Disney. I have an enormous collection of animation on Blu-ray and DVD. :)

2. I think part of the reason I still love cartoons is because I love to draw them. My current avatar is a small example of my typical work (cute, rounded girls). :dizzy:

3. My husband and I first met online; he wanted to chat with me because he liked my drawings. :D

As for Amazon . . . it recommends a lot of Disney movies for me. :lol:

Keep Moving Forward
05-11-2013, 11:57 PM
1.) I love being from the south; I can say stuff like "ain't," "y'all," & "bless your heart" & it's perfectly acceptable :D Also, sweet tea flows with abundance, crawfish season is upon us, country music is everywhere, & nearly everybody is down to earth.

2.) I'm a grammar freak who loves words & writing. Yes, despite my proficiency in southern slang, I love expanding my vocabulary. I love words, & I pay far too much attention to sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, grammatical errors, etc.

3.) I'm a big nerd & I love it. I love sci-fi/fantasy, video games, manga & some anime. As a big nerd, I am shamelessly enthusiastic about things like Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, the new Star Trek movies, Iron Man, Superman, Spiderman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Harry Potter, etc.

Amazon recommends:
*various kettlebell workout dvds
*The Legend of Korra on blu-ray (hells yeah!)
*various cookbooks

the shiv
05-12-2013, 01:01 AM
1. I love horror/apocalyptic movies and books.

2. I'm a complete skeptic. I need proof.

3. Gamer.

Yay! I'm you :D :rofl:

SuperHeroTeacher
05-12-2013, 01:27 AM
1. I can not sleep if I haven't read for at least an hour first. I couldn't find my Kindle on Thursday night after getting home from Gatsby at 1:30 am. I tore my house apart and woke up 2 teenagers at 2am because I was convinced one of them had it. Turns out it had fallen between the sofa cushion and arm and got caught in the hide-a-bed :^:

2. Teaching is my second career. I love teaching 8th graders. I've taught at-risk kids for 4 years now and can't imagine doing anything else. One of my students increased her reading level by the equivalent of three years this school year alone, and another boy increased by 2.5 years! Seeing that kind of progress doesn't happen in regular classrooms!

3. I've always wanted to be a red-head. My dad and sister are gingers, my mom and I are dark brunettes. I've never gone for it because I've always sort of wanted to be invisible, but I'm now taking baby steps into the red. My stylist mixed some red highlights in with my caramel highlights last week, and I love it! I going to keep adding more each month until I'm ready to go 100% red!

My Amazon recs:
1. The End of Your Life Book Club (Kindle Book)
2. The Body Shop Strawberry Hand Sanitizer
3. T3 diffuser for hair dryer

alaskanlaughter
05-12-2013, 01:43 AM
I forgot to add that I don't have an amazon account that I can remember....I once ordered a yoga dvd from amazon about 12 years ago...I was given a gift certificate to amazon for Christmas and still haven't spent it yet lol

Issaknits
05-12-2013, 02:23 PM
1. I am always late on the latest TV show trend. I have friends who keep going "Just WATCH IT MARATHON STYLE so we can talk!!" when I'm in the middle of season 3 and the show is actually starting their current 10th or so season. The only show I've kept up with from the series premiere up to where it's currently at is The Walking Dead.

2. My excuse for staying up late most nights is because I got sucked into whatever game I'm playing at the moment (which is another reason those TV on DVDs never get watched.) I have been known to play video games until the wee hours of the morning without even realizing I've been playing that long.

3. Movie quotes often get tossed around in regular day-to-day conversations.

Amazon recommends:
1. a non-stick perforated baguette pan
2. all three Mass Effect games
3. several Molly Harper novels

Keep Moving Forward
05-12-2013, 09:17 PM
3. I've always wanted to be a red-head. My dad and sister are gingers, my mom and I are dark brunettes. I've never gone for it because I've always sort of wanted to be invisible, but I'm now taking baby steps into the red. My stylist mixed some red highlights in with my caramel highlights last week, and I love it! I going to keep adding more each month until I'm ready to go 100% red!

Go for it, girl! I love my dark brown hair but if I could have any other color, it would be red! I think it's so gorgeous, but it definitely wouldn't work with my skin & eye color, so I'm going to live out my hair dreams vicariously through you ;)

merilung
05-12-2013, 10:20 PM
1. Instead of going on a honeymoon after my wedding, I took our wedding cash and paid for doula training - I've been working as a full spectrum doula ever since, with a practice geared towards low-income mothers, teenage mothers, GLBTQ mothers and other underserved folks. Even though I LOVE this work, I'm on an indefinite semi-hiatus (taking very few clients with long breaks in between births) at the moment while I sort out my feelings about doing birth work while struggling with infertility - more than five years of trying to conceive has taken it's toll. Even though I'm unsure what the future will hold for me and this work, I'm still very passionate about women's health and communicate regularly with a radical birthworkers group.

2. I'm OBSESSED with the idea of long-distance running - I really, really want to run an ultramarathon one day.

3. I'm a bit of a hippie - I love the idea of homesteading and we hope to get our own chickens soon. I make all our own non-toxic cleaners and I worked at an organic co-op part time for awhile learning the virtues of farm-to-table eating! Living consciously and deliberately is important to me and my husband and we wrote our commitment to that type of life into our wedding vows. On the flip side, I'm a BIG skeptic and am not involved with any of the more woo-woo things going on in the left-leaning hippie-ish circles - Jordan and I are also fairly active within the athiest/anti-theist/skeptic community!

ubergirl
05-13-2013, 12:07 AM
1. My two sons were born on the same day fourteen years apart: my mom's birthday.
2. I'm passably fluent in four languages besides English.
3. I have two really interesting careers in two fields that are completely unrelated to each other.

punkrocksong
05-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Fifty Shade of Grey - still a little PO'd that I wasted 1 week reading that garbage. Don't get me wrong, I love some good smut, but those books almost made the Twilight series look like great literature. I'm not trying to hate, I know a lot of people who loved both series...just not for me.

1. I'm a huge supporter of gay rights...it's taken me 20 years, but I finally got my homophobic father to get on the bandwagon and he doesn't even make faces when my gay friends stop by my parent's house with me.
2. I'm a proud Sci-Fi/Fantasy nerd. Joss Whedon is my hero and I will read/watch anything that has his name associated to it.
3. I have my bachelor's in History and am trying to pay off my private student loans before going to grad school for library science...I love books too! I collect them and have a library of about 1600 including everything from history, classical literature, science fiction, horror, fantasy, biographies, and so much more - I'll never be able to read all of them, but I try.

PreciousMissy
05-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Fifty Shade of Grey - still a little PO'd that I wasted 1 week reading that garbage. Don't get me wrong, I love some good smut, but those books almost made the Twilight series look like great literature. I'm not trying to hate, I know a lot of people who loved both series...just not for me.

*whew* I thought there was something wrong with me. I just couldn't get into the book.

1. I can't stand to be late...to anything! If I'm not 10-15 minutes early then I'm late.

2. I balance my checkbook daily.

3. I have the most unusual dog that I've ever had in my entire life. She's just about as quirky as I am :lol:. She even has a very distinguishable smile that shows all of her teeth.

Radiojane
05-13-2013, 12:27 PM
1) I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I'm an old Hollywood geek like nothing else. Most of the books I've read in the last decade have been biographies. When I got a kindle, I started forcing myself to read fiction on it, while still going through my pile of paper bios. I collect and listen to old time radio shows too, my favorite being Phil Harris and Alice Faye. Did I mention I have a huge crush on Orson Welles? Lol. Yes, that much of a nerd.

2)I have over 200 china tea cups. Most are quite old, but the newest is one of the Althorp licensed ones from the Princess Diana traveling museum show.

3) If I put my wrists or elbows near someone in pain, those joints start to ache. (Nope, not crazy, I swear) :)

Remington90
05-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Love this thread!

1) I'm a very emotional person. Feels like a roller coaster some days. Some songs that have no real significant meaning to me, can make me cry. Damn these hormones.

2) Speaking of roller coasters, I love them. Love the thrill. have a trip planned this summer for skydiving with a few friends. I'm also an adrenaline junkie.

3) I'm a very outdoorsy girl. I love fishing, hunting, 4-wheeling, getting muddy, playing in the dirt, tractors, trucks. I'm a farm girl with some "hick" or "redneck" in me and I'm damn proud of that.

bethFromDayton
05-13-2013, 01:09 PM
1. I (and everyone in my family) is a real smart aleck--quick jokes and word play is constant at our house.

2. I over-volunteer and over-schedule my time. If I managed my money budget as badly as I do my time budget, we'd have to live in a hovel.

3. When I start reading a book, I never want to set it down until I finish it. This can interfere with day to day living, although I've been reading less since I started dieting--dieting takes time and energy!

(and a bonus 4)
4. I can cook (safely) for groups--cooking for 100-130 is something I do several times a year for one of the groups I over-volunteer for.

Amazon recommends:
a bunch of fantasy novels (Lackey, Hobb, Michael Manning...)
4 country albums and 2 Meatloaf albums (I just bought Bat out of **** since I only had it as an LP)
Butane fuel
Urban Rebounding
Boxes for trading cards
Nitrile gloves

Trazey34
05-13-2013, 01:36 PM
I love this thread! And love that other women hated 50 Shades lol awful writing, and awful message (sure, tie me up and beat me, I loveeeee you so it's ok, bah! humbug!)

1) I can play piano
2) I watch a LOT of tv (some awful, Bachelor/ette anyone?? Some good, Game of Thrones, Mad Men - unhealthy obsession with The Hound on G of T)
3) Love to sew! Just finished my first wedding gown for a friend!

Goddess Jessica
05-13-2013, 02:39 PM
1. I once participated in a 6-on-1 naked massage with 6 other almost strangers each taking turns being the one being massaged.

2. I love to be on stage although I am a terrible actor (but great storyteller!).

3. I never thought I would be a mom and (although she was planned) I am surprised how much I love being one.

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 02:48 PM
I love reading about you all, I feel like I know you all already but this was great!

rachieready
05-13-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm a newbie to 3fc, and I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here! I've enjoyed reading everyone's replies and getting to learn about you all.

Three things about me:

1) I'm a sitcom junkie. I love the old and the new. Especially scifi/alt-reality type.

2) My 3 boys are my world!

3) I wouldn't call myself an adrenaline junkie, but give me a good roller coaster ANY day!!

joefla70
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
1. My daughters and I are in an organization called “Indian Princesses” run by the YMCA. It is a father-daughter organization that promotes dads and daughters spending quality time together. We do all sorts of fun events together, including a Semi-Annual campout which is attended by many other “tribes” which all compete against each other in several events . The winning tribe takes home a trophy of sorts, called a coup stick. I’m proud to say that our tribe – the Pawnee – has taken home the coup stick 5 out of the last 6 of our campouts.

2. When I was in college I briefly transferred from the Liberal Arts college to the Communications college of my university because I wanted to do adverting. I really wanted to do something creative, and I’ve always had a talent for writing and coming up with ideas. However, I made a practical decision to go to business school, and later wound up attending law school. So, my creativity is my job is limited to making legal arguments. However, whenever I get a chance I love to use my creative and artistic side. For example, whenever we have parties (birthdays, Halloween, etc.), I tend to go WAY overboard with the invitations, decorations, etc. --- making them myself. When I get into a project like that, I tend to get obsessed!

3. Growing up I never really fit into any group, whether it be in high school, college, etc. I always got along with everybody, but never really fit in. I always had a few really close friends, but not many acquaintances. I never went to parties, high school football games, etc. I guess you could say I was a loner. I don’t know if my weight was part of the reason, or it if was something else. I have always been fairly shy. I am a bit of a nerd in that I love sci-fi and fantasy, but not hard core. (I don’t collect comic books or go to conventions. I also am a big sports fan.

mygirlvj
05-14-2013, 05:50 PM
OK I'll give this a try:

1) I like my me time, almost to the point where it can be misconstrude as anti-social (I'm not) I just like to have my me time.

2) I'm a natural red-head (almost more of an orange) and I love, love, love it.

3) I am obsessed with certain reality TV shows. (Survivor, Big Brother, Biggest Loser and Amazing Race).

irishsarah
05-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Hello. I thought I'd jump right in and this looked like a good place to start. I've been a registered member for years but mostly lurk since I have never really got near any of my goals. Now, I am tired of reading and want to join in...if that's okay with everyone. :)

1. I can swear like a truck driving sailor on leave and I am okay with that. I subscribe to the George Carlin theory on swearing. :devil: (However, I do know how to "behave" and when.)

2. I am planning my move back to Canada. I lived there for a 2 years after I graduated culinary school and have wanted to go back and STAY ever since.

3. My life revolves around my boys, as I am a married single parent. (All the work of a single parent but without the benefit of the husband being an ex!)

(I hope I didn't scare anyone away!) :dizzy:

Amazon Recommendations:
"Food Inc" - Amazon Instant Video
Shady Maple Farms Organic Maple Sugar
"Hat Trick Counts: A Hockey Number Book"

AwShucks
05-14-2013, 10:30 PM
1. I love British TV -- Modern, Period, Dramas --you name it. I sometimes feel I was born in the wrong era, in the wrong country.

2. I feel about plants the way some people feel about animals. Can't stand to see them sick or to "kill" one on purpose. They're alive to me.

3. I've never played a computer video game. I never really ever got into Tetris, Space Invaders and Pac Man they had at the corner pizza parlor when I was a kid, either. Does anyone remember that? When you had to put a quarter in a game to play?

Amazon recommends:
Nature's Way Organic Coconut Oil (I condition my hair with it)
Comfort Food Makeovers from America's Test Kitchen (love cookbooks!)
Secrets of Highclere Castle DVD (which I've seen on PBS)

It's fun reading all of your answers!

GirlyGirlSebas
05-17-2013, 06:32 PM
1) On the outside, I'm a conservative, southern, middle-aged Mom. On the inside, I'm hiding an alternative persona! If I had it to do all over again, I'd have a no-line watercolor half-sleeve, a tiny diamond nose piercing, I'd play guitar, I'd have learned how to salsa and belly dance, I would have backpacked across Europe as a young adult and I would died my hair jet black with blue streaks at least once.

2) I love to read hot romance novels with an alpha male.

3) About 5 years ago, I finally decided to buy a "real" camera and try photography. I'm in love! One day, I hope to travel the world taking beautiful landscape pictures and have every wall in my home covered with my art.

Amazon? Looks like they have some recommendations for Kindle downloads. I've read a lot of these already. And, looks like they think I need a phone chargee for the car. And...hmmm...this is interesting...they want me to consider some diamond, black and white checkered gothic tights. Uh...No! LOL. My daughters must have been on my Amazon account lately.

irishsarah
05-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Amazon recommends:
Nature's Way Organic Coconut Oil (I condition my hair with it)
Comfort Food Makeovers from America's Test Kitchen (love cookbooks!)
Secrets of Highclere Castle DVD (which I've seen on PBS)

It's fun reading all of your answers!

THAT is too weird! :eek:

1. I have the SAME coconut oil on my Wish List! I was reading about all the good stuff it can do, but was afraid to pull the trigger and buy it. Does it do a good job with your hair?

2. I have "The Complete America's Test Kitchen Cookbook 2001-2013" on my Wish List as well.

I am also very fond of British TV. I became hooked because of "Ab Fab" and "Doctor Who". :)

Amazon must think we are related at this point!

Skellig19
05-17-2013, 07:19 PM
1. I too am a huge British tv fan, old and new. Some of my favourites are: Doctor Who, The Cafe, Sherlock, Broadchurch, Inspector Morse, A Touch of Frost, Stella, Trollied, Great British Bake Off, Upstairs Downstairs, Keeping up Appearances and many more! My husband and I pretty much exclusively watch British tv. I can't stand American or Canadian stuff anymore.

2. I am obsessed with tea! I love drinking it, learning about it, and preparing it. I spend too much money on loose-leaf...way too much money!

3. I bit off an inch of the tip of my tongue when I was about 6 years old. It healed right back up and I have a big scar on it now. I have a lot of scars actually. Tibia surgery makes it look like a caterpillar on my leg, a giant scar across my tummy makes it look like I had a caesarean but I haven't. Pelvic exams are always interesting...."so you've never had kids?....really?" LOL. Not that I know of!

My Amazon recommendations are:
- 8 inch brotform for proofing bread
- Peter Reinharts-Artisan-Breads-Every recipe book
- Got Bands? and More! a resistance band workout dvd
- Iron Fist zombie stomper heels *drool* I already have the glow in the dark but I'm so tempted by the regualr green/pink ones.

AwShucks
05-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Irish Sarah -- That IS funny! I actually bought my coconut oil at Trader Joe's, but I researched pricing on Amazon. It's a great conditioner. I have long, thick, fine hair, that's got body to it, but no real curl. I rub the coconut oil on my dry hair, a little section at a time, avoiding the scalp. Then, I put on a shower cap and a towel over that. Let things sit for about 40 minutes, and shampoo twice. It's done wonders! Love how shiny my hair is, and it holds a curl when it's not too humid here. I only wish I had discovered it sooner!

Skellig -- So glad that you and IrishSarah like Brit TV, too! I don't have cable TV, so I'm at the mercy of PBS and any DVDs I can find. Skellig, you've seen some things I've never heard of! Wonder if they're available online? Right now, I'm loving Doc Martin (have watched the complete series many times over -- can't wait for a new season!) and Call the Midwife -- once you get past the actual birth scenes, the stories are really sweet, and the setting, soundtrack and costumes are wonderful! I do love Hyacinth in Keeping Up Appearances and have seen Are You Being Served? And, of course Downton Abbey. I love Judy Dench, so have several DVDs of her work.

The new masterpiece theater series, Mr. Selfridge isn't my favorite, but the setting and costumes are nice. Funny thing is, I think the thing I like the least about it is the American character, Mr. Selfridge (Jeremy Piven)!

ladykahlo
05-17-2013, 10:22 PM
1 - I've lived in 3 countries: India, Saudi Arabia, and now the US.
2 - I have the same initials as my favorite artist, Frida Kahlo.
3 - I've had my poetry published in an anthology. :carrot:

Oh and I loved reading about everyone here. This thread was a great idea.

toastedsmoke
05-18-2013, 06:24 PM
1)

2) I love to read hot romance novels with an alpha male.

Me too!!!!

Okay, my 3 unique facts are:

1.) I'm not much of a movie person. I used to be, but I just don't have the emotional energy anymore to devote 90+ mins to watching a story unfold. I used to be a major soap addict but now I just don't have the commitment required for them anymore. I feel the same about those primetime tv shows where you have to catch every single episode. I like the one-off series tv shows like Rizzoli & Isles or CSI or The Middle which make sense whichever episode you happen to catch. But TBH, I'd much rather read a book... especially a really trashy romance novel! ;)

2.) I love football and T20 cricket and am rabidly committed to watching my team on tv every single matchday and updating my fantasy teams in both sports! I actively plan my weekends around my sports-watching schedule. It's kind of a problem.

3.) I'm the quintessential jack of all trades but master of none. In a non-conceited way, I'm really good at a lot of things but I don't know 100% what I'm great at yet. And I want to be great, y'kno?

I actually rarely to never check my Amazon recommendations. I'm usually searching for something specific but here are some from the categories that my Amazon listed:

1.) The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh by Stephanie Laurens (oooh I didn't know she had a new book. I'll kindle that! :( Oooh it's only a pre-order! Why do they do that and get your hopes up?!)

2.) SHANY Professional 13-Piece Cosmetic Brush Set with Pouch, Set of 12 Brushes and 1 Pouch, Red (I bought makeup my last Amazon haul and apparently they think I need brushes too).

3.) Community Season 4. (which is funny yet astute because I haven't watched or bought seasons 1-3 but I do like the show based on the few odd episodes I've seen).

shcirerf
05-19-2013, 02:01 AM
1. I barrel and Indian rescue raced in my teens, a horse thing.

2. I mud wrestled one time!:D Fun, but once was enough.

3. Been an antique tractor puller. Fun times.

If you google Linda Lussetto, that is my 65 year old aunt still pulling tractors! She's on You Tube with Ole/old Bitty!:D

fitmama84
05-19-2013, 07:36 AM
1. My absolute FAVORITE genre of movie is HORROR! I can't get enough.
2. I can sing.
3. I have a BA degree in Theatre.

As far as Amazon, it's all baby stuff. lol! I have a 7 month old.

betsy2013
05-19-2013, 10:50 AM
What a great thread -- lots of interesting people who seem to really know themselves.

Things about me:

1) I'm a lover. I prefer that word to highly emotional. I love being retired. I love my grands to the point of obsession. I love where I live and its natural beauty. I love to give presents and watch their faces light up. Unfortunately that means I also hate some things as well, but I'll just focus on the lover side.

2) Give me a murder mystery and I'm done for the day. Take away my Kindle and I might have to hurt you. I can't imagine a day without reading.

3) Traveling -- and that means by car unless there's an ocean involved -- fills me with awe and amusement and happiness. And it gives me an excuse to add to my collection of animal salt and pepper shakers. My first goal was to visit all 50 states. That's done. Now I want to visit all the National Parks.

Recommendations from Amazon:

1) New Kindle and books for the Kindle.
2) Cameras
3) Solar panels -- have no idea where that one came from!

JuvenileNarcissist
05-19-2013, 03:13 PM
What a fun thread.

My facts:

1. I wrote a 50,000 word novel in under a month (for National Novel Writing Month in November). It's the second book I've written. Both still need to be edited, the first took over five years to finish.

2. I love science. Especially evolutionary biology. I read non-fiction science books almost exclusively.

3. I'm afraid of moles (the animal). I've owned possums, a fox, cats, dogs, snakes, rats, mice, and even wanted a tarantula and a scorpion, but moles scare the crap out of me with those wrinkly hands and teeny eyes. We had one on our porch, and I couldn't even move him with gloves. I had to get a bucket.

Amazon recommendations:
Rainbow tights and a sonic screwdriver (from Doctor Who) and American McGee's Alice figures.

Trazey34
05-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Irish Sarah -- That IS funny! I actually bought my coconut oil at Trader Joe's, but I researched pricing on Amazon. It's a great conditioner. I have long, thick, fine hair, that's got body to it, but no real curl. I rub the coconut oil on my dry hair, a little section at a time, avoiding the scalp. Then, I put on a shower cap and a towel over that. Let things sit for about 40 minutes, and shampoo twice. It's done wonders! Love how shiny my hair is, and it holds a curl when it's not too humid here. I only wish I had discovered it sooner!

Skellig -- So glad that you and IrishSarah like Brit TV, too! I don't have cable TV, so I'm at the mercy of PBS and any DVDs I can find. Skellig, you've seen some things I've never heard of! Wonder if they're available online? Right now, I'm loving Doc Martin (have watched the complete series many times over -- can't wait for a new season!) and Call the Midwife -- once you get past the actual birth scenes, the stories are really sweet, and the setting, soundtrack and costumes are wonderful! I do love Hyacinth in Keeping Up Appearances and have seen Are You Being Served? And, of course Downton Abbey. I love Judy Dench, so have several DVDs of her work.

The new masterpiece theater series, Mr. Selfridge isn't my favorite, but the setting and costumes are nice. Funny thing is, I think the thing I like the least about it is the American character, Mr. Selfridge (Jeremy Piven)!

I love Call the Midwife, and a show with "Chummy" in it, a 1/2 hr modern day comedy Miranda, it's hilarious!

tehshort1
05-19-2013, 05:15 PM
1. I love everything Halloween-related. My house is decorated with spiderwebs and pumpkins and such 365.
2. Related to above, I love haunted houses and ghost stories and shows.
3. I <3 to crochet.

joefla70
05-19-2013, 05:29 PM
1. I love everything Halloween-related. My house is decorated with spiderwebs and pumpkins and such 365.
2. Related to above, I love haunted houses and ghost stories and shows.
3. I <3 to crochet.

Oh me too! Love, love, LOVE Halloween! Its my favorite "holiday". I get so into doing my own tombstones for yard decorations and invitations for parties.

Garnet2727
05-19-2013, 05:47 PM
1. I was born in Oklahoma, raised in Arizona, spent 6 months in Florida, 2 years in Alabama and now I live in Michigan. All this makes answering the question, "Where are y'all from?" a little different for me. I usually answer Arizona as I lived there the longest. (29 years)

2. I have worked in a prison, a half-way house and I've been a probation officer, all before I was 25. (I no longer work in the criminal justice field. I'm a business analyst now.)

3. I burp a lot. I mean A LOT.

Amazon Recommends:

1. The Truth (Discworld) by Terry Pratchett
2. Hogfather (Discworld) by Terry Pratchett
3. The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

thnknthin1
05-20-2013, 08:55 AM
1. I am afraid of worms. Yet I love to garden and go fishing (must use gloves). If I see one crossing my path on my walks I have been known to let out a scream.

2. I have a wonderful sense of direction. I never get lost. I always know which way I am heading (N, S, E, W). No need for GPS :)
I am mechanically inclined. I know my way around tools and can fix or install a lot of things. Don't know why I mentioned both, but seems like they go together.

3. I used to work in the medical field then used to work for a VERY popular beer company.

Kat117
05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
This is such a great idea.

1) I have had many past lives and memories of them dating from ancient Egypt to the most recent that I experienced in the 1800s. I self hypnotize frequently to have experiences - so these are definitely not ideas implanted by someone else. My parents and I know that we have all be reincarnated together before. My cat, Marcos, has been with me through many lifetimes.

2) I make organic beauty products that have healing qualities to them - body scrubs, bath salts, massage oils, deodorant body sprays (good from armpit to toes!) and linen sprays. Started doing this to help myself with fibromyalgia, rheumatoid athritis and hypothyroidism. I am starting my own business with these products and have applied to be on the TV show Shark Tank.

3) My very first book that I bought for myself was a collection of Edgar Allen Poe stories. I was 7 years old. Have been an avid reader all my life- have over 7 thousand books on kindle/ipad and have read all of them. That doesnt include everything I read as an English major in school (have a BS in English) and since I started reading.

Amazon recommendations :

Cat-It toys, e-books and yoga dvds

merilung
05-21-2013, 02:32 PM
This is such a great idea.
2) I make organic beauty products that have healing qualities to them - body scrubs, bath salts, massage oils, deodorant body sprays (good from armpit to toes!) and linen sprays. Started doing this to help myself with fibromyalgia, rheumatoid athritis and hypothyroidism. I am starting my own business with these products and have applied to be on the TV show Shark Tank.

Are you selling yet, Kat117? I make some of my own body products, but I'm always looking for something to help my my stupid RA!

Pink Hurricane
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
1~ I am a HUGE nerd, like Sheldon Cooper mega nerd! I am a huge physics, atmospheric science, and astronomy person. I'm also a gamer chick nerd, have been since the age of 4. My husband loves my nerdom though! :lol:

2~ I am very passionate, I have a huge heart and have a lot of empathy for people, even those I have never met. I tend to cry or feel the emotions of people when I see people in pain, dealing with tough situations, those who are hurt, mistreated, have experienced loss, etc.

3~ I am a travel junkie! I completely absorb new cultures wherever I go to get the true experience of being in a new place. I love to try new things, especially outdoor activities and cannot wait to go sky diving with my husband! We share that same sense of adventure, which is one of MANY reasons we are so great together! :D

Katz
05-23-2013, 05:41 AM
1. I love to do everything in bed, preferably flopped on my side: read (my favorite), write letters, crochet, knit, eat, watch movies and least favorite store fat:)
2. I'd love to get chikens. My family doesn't. Don't know how to get around it.
3. I don't know how to text message and I don't care. Yes, ancient creatures like me still tread the Earth.
4. I love to live in the country. It's great to go out in the morning sniff the fresh air, pat my dogs and feel that life is beautiful

I have only books and dvds in Amazon recommendations:
Chicken and permaculture books and belly dance and workout videos.

Terra1984
07-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Tziri ~ I've been a hanson fan since the 90's as well, Im not a big fan anymore but I still like their music and I still buy their cd's

1. I almost died after I was born when I was a baby

2. I love writing, If it wasnt so scary to get snail mail penpals I would have a bunch of them cause I love writing that much

3. I love t.v, I love reality/Judge shows

My Amazon Recommends:

A bunch of dvd's and cd's