WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters Enjoying the Flowers!!

Tammy
05-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Welcome one and all! We used to weigh in on Thursday, but now we all weigh when we can. We come here to socialize and solve all of the world's problems. ;)

Tina
05-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Thanks Tammy for the thread start.
I have lost another pound! I'm still eating pureed foods and just can't eat much. Things are better. However the mouthwash has irritated the inside of my mouth. I will use saltwater rinses instead.:dizzy: :dizzy:

I guess I'll have to start a new tracker,

Everyone drink your water. :):):)

Tina
05-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Tammy
05-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Tina, so sorry about the mouthwash causing problems! It's always something, isn't it? Congrats on meeting your goal,but not the way it happened.

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

My desktop computer won't connect to the internet, Tim's laptop died, so he and I are sharing my laptop right now.

maureen kempster
05-13-2013, 09:12 PM
good evening everyone-hope everyone's well - I've just been plodding along not doing too much - Saturday I'm off to Calgary to visit with my oldest son Lee & his wife Wendy - we'll meet up with my middle guy, Ian-then monday I head up to Edmonton in the evening and visit with son #3, Jamie - will be visiting friends and old work collegues and will head back home on Saturday. I've seen a lawyer about starting divorce proceedings and while I'm in Edmonton will meet up with Geoff and have him sign papers(we'll do this with a commissioner of oaths)--I'm really looking forward to the time off. one of my nephews has been accepted at the Polytech University in Paris to do his masters(he's at McGill in Montreal right now) he starts in september-so my sister and I are thinking of maybe going to visit him around Christmas! the branch manager that we had in Montreal lives outside of Paris and had to go back to France just a few weeks ago - something with his work permit - he told me to contact him if I do go over - it's something to think about-

well, I hope everyone's great -'til tomorrow

maureen

Tammy
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Maureen, enjoy the time off! Spending time with your sons will be great. Sounds like you may have a trip to France in your future!

Tina
05-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi,

I don't understand why we are soooo quiet here!
Maureen, your trip will be great. Take lots of photos for us. ;)
Tammy, Computer problems---yuck, no fun. Any idea what's going on?
Our cable, for the TV, is out again. I hope Larry kept a record of how long it was out last month. I want a credit from this company!

Have a good rest of the day.

:hug:

Tammy
05-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Tina, I called tech support, and my warranty is up, so they were going to charge me $40. I'm going to replace one of the cables, and see if that helps. If not, I'll call tech support again, pay the money. I need internet! lol Tim is gone during the day, so really it's not an emergency. It's just nice to jump on whenever I want. He is using Lauren's tonight. She just got a new one because her old one died not long ago.

Tina
05-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi all,
I've regained a pound that I lost after surgery. That's okay. I really didn't expect to keep it all off. My dr. visit was good. Things are coming along. It will be a few more weeks of soft diet.

Maureen, have a wonderful trip. Good luck with the divorce papers getting all signed.

Tammy, any luck with your computer? I hope you don't have to pay for tech support!

How is everyone else doing?

Tammy
05-16-2013, 11:05 PM
Tina, glad you had a good report with dr!

I didn't get the new cord today for the computer, hopefully tomorrow.

maureen kempster
05-17-2013, 11:23 PM
hi everyone

just popping in to say hi - I'll be here during the week but I'm off tomorrow - I'm really looking forward to seeing my sons!! I do miss them

Tina
05-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Hi all,
Maureen, I hope you have a wonderful time visiting all you children.

Tammy, did you get that cable and, did it work?

Jeanne, what's going on?

Susan, how many more days of school????

It's so hot today. And, we think our a/c needs help! It's just not cool enough. So, we'll call someone tomorrow to come check it out. Money!

:flow1:

maureen kempster
05-19-2013, 10:37 AM
good morning all

I've been up for 2 hrs - my son & wife are still sleeping - I'm still on central time!!! had a great day yesterday with 2 of my sons and their ladies - leave tomorrow for Edmonton and meet up with son #3-even though he drives me around the bend at times I do miss him. looking forward to seeing him-

I'm not sure if I asked before!! but does anyone here have a nutribullit? if so do you really like it? I like making smoothies and I'm on the quest for the perfect blender to make them!!! I have a Ninja but it just doesn't seem to be doing the job!

well, have a great day and talk to you later

maureen

Tina
05-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning!
It's a beautiful day but will get hot. The a/c guy will come this afternoon. Yea!

Maureen, I have an immersion blender by Kitchenaid. It's great. Until my mouth surgery, I hardly ever used it. Now, I can't do without it.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Tammy
05-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Maureen, glad you are enjoying your sons! I like smoothies!

Tina, hope you get the air conditioner fixed. I still haven't gone to get the cord. I guess I need to put that on tomorrow's list.

I bought an elliptical! I saw it on a local garage sale site on Facebook. The woman that had it for sale is friends with several of my friends, so I felt like I could trust her. $200 and they delivered it! I haven't hurt myself getting on and off yet. I also haven't used it but a few minutes. I think it is going to be a first thing in the morning activity.

Tina
05-22-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm thankful that none of our group were hurt in the tornado

Tammy
05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Amen Tina! I just can't imagine what they are going through. There was one in my hometown in the 90's, but only one minor injury although about 30 homes were destroyed. We were very fortunate.

And I think of all of the drills that are done in schools for fire and tornadoes, but Mother Nature wins.

Tina
05-24-2013, 10:10 AM
How is everyone?
What are you doing for the weekend? We wanted to get down to the beach for one night. However, the places have a two-night min. Boo!
Guess we'll just veg out at home. :lol:

jar1965
05-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi ladies!!!
Tina - glad your doing better. My goodness!!!!!

Well once we hit the 80s & humid....we got killed at work!!! Soooo busy! I went in at 7am & worked till 8pm. The poor techs!

Hoping Jessica will know what she is having next visit!:carrot: she isn't as far along as she thought she was. So she isn't due until nov. 20th! She was off by aprx. 3 weeks!! They picked out names. AnnaJean Marie for a girl & Dominic Vincent for a boy!
Ben was in a work accident 3 weeks ago & isn't back to work yet. Praying! Nothing like getting married & that happening!! :(

Well cleaning & laundry on my agenda today!! Bob is working doubles again...so I only see him in passing! :(. We're both off Sunday afternoon & all day Monday! Thank goodness!:carrot:

Have a great weekend & nice Memorial Day!! What's everyone doing?
Jeanne

Tina
05-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Morning,
Jeanne, that's great news!
Tammy, how's your computer? :)
Maureen, welcome home !!! Get rested up.
Susan, when is school out?

I need to start a new tracker. Not on purpose, but, I've lost another 1 1/2 pounds.

maureen kempster
05-26-2013, 02:07 PM
good day all

I was glad to go visit but I'm really glad to be back - I had one of my sisters stay here for the week and she organized my place-except for the second bedroom-so now I feel motivated and will tackle that room - we had last monday as a stat holiday so it's back to work tomorrow for me. I'm going to sit down today and make meal and lunch plans for the week - enough is enough - I have to get serious and stick to some kind of program.

Jeanne maybe your new grandson/daughter will be born on my youngest son's bd(18)!!
hope everyone has a great day - I'm going to get cracking and do a few things around here!!!

Tammy
05-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Jeanne, I love the names!

Tina, finally bought a new cord for the computer. Still doesn't work, so I need to take it somewhere or call tech support back. Yay to 1 1/2 pounds, now you can gain that much back. LOL

Maureen, I enjoyed your pictures you posted of your trip.

maureen kempster
05-27-2013, 05:55 AM
thanks Tammy - I really don't feel like I took very many pics I mainly spent time with family-back to work today and after 4 working days off it'll be catch up today!!!

hope everyone has a great day

Tammy
05-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Maureen, I guess just seeing your family in the pics made it nice. Hope your day back to work goes well.

It has been raining today, so glad yesterday was so nice for the 500. I only watched the beginning, always did that with Bob. He was from Indiana, so it was special to him.

Tina
05-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi,
Maureen, it will be tiring today. Glad you are home!

Tammy, boo about the computer. Larry doesn't really care about car racing which is fine with me. :lol:

This morning we went to our museum of natural science. We were there when it opened--before all the kids got there to run amuck. We love the dinasour exhibits. :). we stayed a long time. Then we stopped at a restaurant for baked potatoes w/ sour cream. Yummy! Since it was a holiday, we halved a large banana puddding. (I'll probably have my baby food meat and veggie tonight.)

Tammy
05-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Tina, the museum sounds great! I understand getting there early before the kids. Banana pudding is one of Tim's favorites. He wouldn't share. lol

Tammy
05-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Anyone notice that my butterfly has been attached with super glue? This is getting crazy! I need to go back to Georgia. lol I've been walking, doing weights, the elliptical, tracking all of my foods, and here I sit. Maybe someday it will move before I chop off body parts.

Tina
05-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh Tammy, please don't start chopping off anything! :lol:
Hmm...Are you watching the sodium intake? How much water are you drinking?
Maybe you should add something hot/spicy to your diet.
"They say" that kicks the metabolism.

I'm having a rough day. Yesterday was a dental exam. Even though he was very careful looking in there, everything is angry. I don't like taking pain pills, however, they are my friend nowadays. :(

Hi to everyone.:wave:

Tammy
05-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Tina, I am watching the sodium and drinking lots of water. According to myfitnesspal.com, I should be eating 1670 calories a day. I get extra calories for doing exercise. Most days I eat between 1300-1500 calories, so I know I'm not overeating. Just getting frustrated. I know sooner or later it will change, but I sure wish it was sooner.

I don't like taking pain pills either, but I also don't like being in pain. Hope you are feeling better today!!

maureen kempster
06-01-2013, 03:25 PM
good afternoon all

Tammy I can relate I'm so tired of always sabotaging myself - I'm writing everything down today - I got on the scale this morning and I'm disgusted with myself. I have a bike here and I'd really like to get it out - my problem is that I'm so bad with gears and if there's any kind of an incline I'm doomed!! I'm going to go out early in the morning and just practise in the parking lot here- we have a few ramps!!! if I don't take it out soon I'm putting it up for sale

well, let's all have a great day we're worth it

Tammy
06-03-2013, 01:06 AM
I didn't write down anything today. Guess I still could, but I'd rather just go to bed. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Maureen, let us know how it goes with the bike. I just got mine tuned up, so it's ready to go. I need to be ready though.

maureen kempster
06-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Good morning everyone

Well, I didn't get the bike out but I did manage to get out and walk 30 minutes saturday and sunday - just around the neighbourhood but there are a few good hills - I'm not sure how accurate my scale is but I don't move it and I've managed to go down 3 lbs since saturday morning!! I'll take it but not sure if it's true!!!

I bring the signed papers to the lawyer today at noon. Should be finalized in a month or so depends how busy the courts are.

Jeanne how's your daughter doing??

Hope we all have a great day we deserve it

Maureen

GrammyI
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
My name is Jennifer. I am new here but not new to WW. I have been on the plan since January and I have lost 31 pounds. I just wanted to join this group to have people to talk to. I try to power walk with a DVD at least three times a week for four miles. I also watch my 16-month-old grandson, work part-time as a medical transcriptionist from home, care for my elderly parents, and try to keep a household with a husband and two kids still living home. I am very busy but enjoy every minute of it. :)

Tina
06-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi all,
Jennifer, it's so nice to meet you. :welcome2: You are a very busy lady.
I'm Tina and have been at Lifetime for years. I've also been over my goal weight for a long time. (However, now I believe I'm back within the 2pounds. Yea!!!). We have one son who is grown but lives nearby.

Maureen, I used to have a 10-speed bike and never figured it out. :lol: Good for you walking so much over the weekend. I know it will be a relief to get the divorce finalized. I' m happy for you!

Tammy, those pounds will come off!

Jeanne, what's new?
Susan, how many more school days?

maureen kempster
06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
welcome Jennifer - I agree with Tina you're one busy lady - congrats on the 31 lbs gone

I'm Maureen and I live in Gatineau Quebec just across the river from Ottawa, Ontario I've been a life time member of ww's for years too but have been way over goal weight for a long time - I have 3 grown sons, no grandchildren - they live in Alberta - I work full time - I'm trying my hardest to stick to program and I'm on day 3 of starting over - just came in from walking for 35 minutes-I feel great

Tammy
06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi Jennifer! I met you on your first post! lol I don't do Weight Watchers any more. I am currently counting calories and also trying to follow what I have learned in a book called "Made to Crave". It is about craving God instead of food. One of my friends and I have been working through it together, and we are feeling stronger for it.

I have one son, he is married. He and his wife moved in with me a year ago when I asked them to. I travel quite a bit, so it is nice having someone at the house when I am gone. No grandchildren. I do have a dog, a dachshund, named Maurice.

maureen kempster
06-04-2013, 07:25 AM
good morning everyone

just checking in - another beautiful day here - almost looks like we might get a summer!!lol-I'm on day #4 of journalling and today I'm okay - got to do this one day at a time - otherwise I find I get so discouraged. I'm tired of the yoyoing.

hope everyone has a great day

maureen

GrammyI
06-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone. It is a gorgeous day here in upstate NY. The temperature is only going to reach the upper 60s but it will be dry air with a lot of sun. Perfect for me as I will be finally planting my garden during my lunch time. I will also be getting my grandson outside for awhile which is great because we have had so many storms lately and heavy rain. I have strawberries ripening. Yay. Lately I have been buying them at the store but it will be nice to have fresh ones. Have a great day everyone!:carrot:

Tina
06-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Sorry I haven't written until now. Had a doctor's appt. then grocery shopping, etc.
Hope everyone will have a great weekend. I certainly will!!!!!!!

moek
06-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm back but under a different name!!! everything's great here- looks like rain but oh well what can we do about it

hope everyone's good

Tammy
06-09-2013, 11:53 PM
moek, do you have an ID? How do we know you are really who we think you are? lol Glad you have a computer and are back in here.

I haven't been posting much. Never know why I don't. I'm still journaling everything, exercising, and not losing. BUT my blood sugar readings have been great, and my blood pressure has been great too! I have taken clothes to the consignment shop 3 times in the past 2 weeks because they are too big, so something other than the weight loss is happening. :)

I am going to start a new thread for June before it is July!!

GrammyI
06-12-2013, 09:44 AM
It has been a pretty boring rainy week. I want to get outside and walk. Today it will be dry but rain the rest of the week. I power walk inside on most days. When it is nice outside I also walk in the evening with my daughter. Have a great day everyone!

Tina
06-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Jennifer, we have a new thread started now. It's Thursday Chatters for June.
Go there.
Have a great day!