Weight Loss Support - New to posting and ready to get this weight off!

ssalulu
05-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Hey everyone! I've been reading posts off and on for a couple of years and feel like now is the time to start posting. I've been overweight most of my adult life, and I am just so over it. My goal is to try and post at least once every day just to gain some accountability. I have a long road ahead of me, and I am glad to have somewhere to go for the support I need. I look forward to getting to know you.

Just a side note, I feel like I did really well today not overeating. Really proud of myself getting through a whole day. Very rarely ever happens. Not planning on following any specific diet plan. I just don't stick to them. Just going to be more aware of what I'm eating and not eating mindlessly.

bethFromDayton
05-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Deciding you're ready is a huge part of the battle.

Might I suggest that you reconsider not having a plan at all (calorie counting, WW, etc.)? The reason I say that is because what you've been doing hasn't given you the results you want, so perhaps something more specific would help you get there?

Good luck!

Mozzy
05-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

Meenaa
05-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Best of luck !

ikesgirl80
05-09-2013, 07:44 PM
One of my stepping stones was writing down my calories, but not putting a limit on them. Once I saw how much I was eating, and then ran the number to find how much I could lose if I ate X calories less, it wasn't so hard cutting them.

At my highest weight I was eating 10,000 + calories per day.
During the first 3 months of dieting I was eating 3,000 - 4,000 per day
And beginning around month 4 I started cutting them by just a couple hundred calories slowly.
Now I eat only 1,500 - 1,700 and it isn't nearly as "painful" as I remember!

Ksyrahsirah
05-10-2013, 12:46 AM
You are an inspiration!

ssalulu
05-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Deciding you're ready is a huge part of the battle.

Might I suggest that you reconsider not having a plan at all (calorie counting, WW, etc.)? The reason I say that is because what you've been doing hasn't given you the results you want, so perhaps something more specific would help you get there?

Good luck!

Unfortunately, having a plan in the past is what hasn't worked for me. I've tried calorie counting and various other diets. I don't like feeling like I'm being controlled. I automatically feel deprived and I cheat, then feel bad, then give up. Terrible cycle. Ugh! Why does it have to be so hard?

ssalulu
05-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes and the advice. I had another great day today. Just being aware of what I'm putting in my mouth and knowing what my goal is, is really helping me so far. I know it's only day two, but hey, it's one day at a time, right?

brisco5089
05-10-2013, 03:29 AM
I am new to posting on this forum as well! I decided I do better when I have support from those who are trying to do exactly what I am trying to accomplish too. I like this forum because it's safe. As much as I love my family and friends, their well meaning advice is either hypocritical, judgmental, or unwanted. I was part of a forum for Insanity from the BeachBody company community, but they charged you quarterly to for access to the website and that "extra support."

I hope there is a way I can check in with you all on my triumphs and failures each day knowing that the people here care and are supportive. Look forward to posting with you all!