Weight Loss Support - I win.

View Full Version : I win.

Arctic Mama
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
My husband and I had our seventh anniversary of marriage on Monday and we went to my favorite steakhouse. Afterward, on a whim, I had him snap a photo of me so we could commemorate how I looked. I was really pleased to fit into a prepregnancy dress with no shapewear and only six pounds to go before meeting my all-time low weight again.

Then, yesterday my cousin called me and asked for some copies of pictures from our wedding for a video she was coordinating in honor of our grandfather's 80th birthday (my wedding was the last big travel event that both he and my grandmother went on, before she died, and those were the pictures I wanted to find).

Well.

As I was going through the wedding album (and marveling at how round I looked in every picture, and how YOUNG my husband looked compared to today!) I came across my engagement photos. I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped at how BAD I looked. And it wasn't even an unflattering photo, they ALL looked huge no matter the angle. That wasn't even my HIGH weight.

I look hotter seven years and four kids later than I did as a nineteen year old bride, and I'm not even all the way to goal. I suppose I could be depressed at how bad I looked then, but all I can focus on is what a huge, positive change I've undergone since that time. It is an NSV if there ever was one!

Observe! (And my poor husband - I can't believe I made him wear his hair down for that, he looks SO much more like himself with a ponytail!)

Early 2006:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7372/8720103395_14f15d0746_d.jpg

Six weeks postpartum, 2013:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7327/8720103429_6004165332_d.jpg

And that's not even a very flattering photo - I look heavier in the picture than in real life and my waist curve is obscured by the angle. But it is still a WOW comparison. And since I'm having a 'I feel fat!' day today, it's been very instructive to remind myself of how far I've come :)

time2lose
05-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Congratulations! It is a WOW comparison! You are a winner!

PreciousMissy
05-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah...you win! Well done!

elvislover324
05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Happy anniversary!!! You both look so happy in your engagement photo, don't be so hard on yourself!

But your current photo, hello HOT MOM/WIFE:carrot:!!! Omg, you are gorgeous!! And for having a baby 6 weeks ago, nevermind your 4th!! You should be so proud of yourself, you have worked so hard to stay healthy and get healthier!! Love your glasses too, they complete the whole look!!

Congratulations on all your hard work over the years. It's people like you who inspire me to keep on track and know that I will get to goal no matter what.

And only 6 more pounds to your low weight? You got this, girlfriend!!! :hug:

And just think of how beautiful you will be at the party for your grandfather. :)

free1
05-08-2013, 02:07 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY....and absolutely AMAZING!!!! You look wonderful and you almost look like a completely different person. This is sooooooo inspiring. Celebrate...you deserve it.

joefla70
05-08-2013, 02:13 PM
You look great! :)

I have to admit, however, that I thought that the "I Win" thread title - in conjunction with the before picture of you and your husband - was going to be followed by a comparative competition between you and him re: which of you looks better seven years later!

Amarantha2
05-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary and on the positive changes you have made since the wedding.

I was not able to open the pictures for some reason but wanted to say congratulations. :wave:

Arctic Mama
05-08-2013, 03:05 PM
You look great! :)

I have to admit, however, that I thought that the "I Win" thread title - in conjunction with the before picture of you and your husband - was going to be followed by a comparative competition between you and him re: which of you looks better seven years later!

Haha! That would be tough, he has grown even more handsome with age :D

thnknthin1
05-08-2013, 03:15 PM
You look great Arctic Mama! Wish I looked half that good 6 weeks after I had my 4th.....he's 3 and I'm FINALLY getting the baby weight off :)

bethFromDayton
05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Haha! That would be tough, he has grown even more handsome with age :D

And I'm sure you're totally unbiased! :dizzy:

You look fantastic--4 kids, 7 years, and you are healthier than ever--congratulations!

Kitcherella
05-08-2013, 03:23 PM
This is a big victory. Respect! :bravo:

Dottington
05-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Amazing! Great job! :D

Mozzy
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
You look great! Congrats on 7 years of marriage!!!!

HungryHungryHippo
05-08-2013, 04:39 PM
OMG, Arctic--that's so cool!! Congratulations!! (Today is our anniversary. :-)

newleaf123
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
WOW!! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! The comparison between the old and the new you is incredible... but ElvisLover is right -- you do look so happy in the engagement picture; you have a beautiful glow... But now?? WOW!!

thinkfit
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
You DO win, what an amazing difference! You look absolutely beautiful, especially considering the very recent baby!

freelancemomma
05-08-2013, 05:38 PM
You DO win, what an amazing difference! You look absolutely beautiful, especially considering the very recent baby!

That's a WOW all right. Congratulations. If I had to bet on any one of us at 3FC continuing to maintain our losses over the long haul, it would be you.

F.

gailr42
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Well played, Artic mama.

What Freelance said.

Delphi
05-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Definitely a win in my book! :bravo:

ChickieChicks
05-08-2013, 07:52 PM
So hot, hot, hot! Caliente!

rubidoux
05-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Woo hoo! You look great! And you and hubby were just adorable back then, too! :val1:

lin43
05-08-2013, 08:36 PM
You look fabulous!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Congratulations on your Anniversary... and I know that your party for your Grandfather will be just wonderful and memoriable... You have made such a change in yourself. You are a marvelous, strong and wonderful person. Congrats to YOU (can't believe 4 babies and you look like a 21 yr old ready to change into a swimsuit and go on Spring Break!! :)

mimsyborogoves
05-08-2013, 11:37 PM
You look awesome, Taryl! And I absolutely love that dress on you; it's adorable! The before picture is really good, though, too. I agree with what the others said in that you really look happy in it!

But these moments really are great. I was looking at myself in the mirror today in my tshirt and cut off shorts and for once I actually felt like I looked normal -- and pretty hot! I haven't felt like this pretty much ever, and I know you feel amazing knowing you really do look good!

Oh, and congrats on your anniversary!

Arctic Mama
05-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Looking normal is something I won't ever take for granted, Lauren. I remember when I began this journey and it seemed so impossible, so to be standing here now and being unremarkable, in terms of size, is such an amazing victory :hug:

Keep Moving Forward
05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Congrats on the anniversary & for being so close to your low weight! You look fantastic!

Meenaa
05-09-2013, 11:20 AM
CONGRATS!! Great achievement :carrot: