Weight Loss Support - More bread = weight loss??

View Full Version : More bread = weight loss??

sophiew
05-07-2013, 09:14 AM
After 8 weeks of eating well, lots of good protein and veggies, hardly any white carbs, moderate amounts of whole grains, weight training and cardio and not losing a single pound, I spent 3 days eating banana bread, sandwiches, hardly any veggies, ice cream, cookies, no exercise, and dropped 3 pounds.

What the heck is going on here?? Was I holding onto water weight?

kk2323
05-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Not sure what's going on, but that seems like the best diet ever!

gailr42
05-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Weight loss is so mysterious! Get yourself back on track and do more of what you have been doing and you will get to goal. Who knows what's going on with your body and bread. Many folks have stories like yours.

Stars
05-07-2013, 09:23 AM
You juggled your metabolism. When I am on a plateau, a cheat day usually gets me back going down in weight again. If you keep on doing it day after day, you will gain weight though so keep that in mind.

sophiew
05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
I will go back to my normal way of eating and exercise. It's just very frustrating when you feel you're working so hard and seeing no results! I also started Metformin for my insulin resistance in the past month, so maybe that helped my body handle the bread better. And I was probably eating less fat and protein so it's possible I was eating fewer calories, although 3 days of eating fewer calories certainly isn't enough to lose 3 lbs!

Munchy
05-07-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm similar, but usually it's exercise related. If I take a few days off from the gym, I start to get visibly smaller, but if I keep that up, I eventually gain again.