40-Somethings - NOVA Ladies and Friends - May 2013 Daily Check In and Accountability Thread

love2b150
05-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Trying to get the NOVA folks and some old friends together here but EVERYONE's :welcome:. This is the place to track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like to do it, you can keep track of what you eat, your water intake, your mood each day, or just chit-chat. Come on in, the water is fine ... WE promise, you'll meet a great group of people here that'll have your back through it ALL

Hope to see you soon ....

love2b150
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Well I'm starting this 6 days into the month and I do hope that you all will forgive my absence and join me again. :)

love2b150
05-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Started January 1 @ 197.2, Ending January 31 @ 194.8, Loss 2.4lbs
Starting February 1 @ 196.6, Ending February 28 @ 197.6, Gained 1.0lb
Starting March 1 @ 197.6, Ending March 31 @ 196.8, Loss 0.8lb
Starting April 1 @ 194.6, Ending April 30 no weigh-ins
Starting May 7 @ 195.0, Ending May 31 @

DWI = didn't weight in

07 ~ 195.0
08 ~ 195.0 (N/C)
09 ~ 197.0 (+2.0)
10 ~ 194.4 (-2.6)
11 ~ DWI
12 ~ 194.6 (+0.2)
13 ~ 193.6 (-1.0)
14 ~ 192.6 (-1.0)
15 ~ 193.4 (+0.8) TTOM
16 ~ 194.2 (+0.8) TTOM
17 ~ 195.8 (+1.6) TTOM
18 ~ DWI
19 ~ 196.4 (+0.6) TTOM
20 ~ 197.2 (+0.8)
21 ~ 195.4 (-1.8)
22 ~ 195.4 (N/C)
23 ~ 195.4 (N/C)
24 ~ 195.8 (+0.4)
25 ~ 193.4 (-2.4)
26 ~ 192.6 (-0.8)
27 ~ 193.6 (+1.0)
28 ~ 194.2 (+0.6)
29 ~ 194.0 (-0.2)
30 ~ 193.8 (-0.2)
31 ~ 193.2 (-0.6)

love2b150
05-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Well I'm here and though late and alone, I'm gonna attempt to make it out of the 190's this month. I really need to start doing something for me and my health. Blessings to All :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Rennie-
Hello and long time no see! I had gained back 8lbs during the month of feb and mar due to my depression and s.a.d. kicking in but im back on track and have even become a jogger. Ive let my gym membership go for now as i cant make myself workout inside when i can be outside doing so much and enjoykng myself and the sunshine but will go back to it again once cold weather comes back which im in no hurry for. I am now working for the clinic part time as they have hired me to teach the Healthy Eating Class now so that gives me more motivation to stay on track! Sorry i didnt stay with the nova thread it just got so quiet and i like having a daily accountabolity and interaction but i do understand that life happens as well. I just love 3fc so will be around somewgere im sure as i am hooked on reading new posts and threads on a regular basis, yes im hooked lol.

Diana3271
05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Rennie Hi! :wave: I wanted to welcome you back. It's good to see you. :D

vdander24
05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi! I am just getting back in the swing of things, and I have no idea what Nova is, but I AM 40 and maybe I can be counted as a friend. I will back track so that I have a complete record, and maybe I can come and record my weight every day and see how I do. I am thinking the more accountability the better. So thanks for putting this up and I am hoping to get to know you all a bit better.

01 ~ 270.2
02 ~ 266.8
03 ~264.5
04 ~ 262.8
05 ~ 262.4
06 ~266.8
07 ~ 267.8
08 ~ 265.2
09 ~ 262.8
10 ~
11 ~
12 ~
13 ~
14 ~
15 ~
16 ~
17 ~
18 ~
19 ~
20 ~
21 ~
22 ~
23 ~
24 ~
25 ~
26 ~
27 ~
28 ~
29 ~
30 ~
31 ~

love2b150
05-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Ladies I don't know how this ended up in the 40 something threads but oh well :D
Hi Joy, good to see you :hug: I'm glad to hear you are working at the clinic. Are you still looking into other places of employment? I'm so sorry that I just fell out of the thread. I'm trying to work life out with four children and it is pretty frustrating some days, but I stay prayerful :) I do need the accountability here also. I know what it is to be hooked on 3FC. I use to stay logged on and my kids would look at me and say, "Are you still on 3FC? Get off the computer!" LOL but it kept me on point and I lost 30lbs but I was really working at it also :D

Diana it is always a pleasure to come back and see you. :hug: I told you I look you up each time I come back. :) You have inspired me and kept my hopes up for almost 3 years now and I thank you for being you and being here :hug:

Vdander24 :welcome: to the thread. Oh NOVA is Northern VA which is where my family moved from. I did have a few friends that were on 3FC with me earlier on but like me they have dropped out of sight. Some feel that the daily accountability is too much and just don't want to see there stats daily and others have just stopped altogether. But I'm trying to keep this small thread going mainly for me because I do need the accountability and it helps bunches to be able to talk to people doing the same thing I'm doing that won't judge me (though I have run into some pretty opinionated people on 3FC) I just ignore them and their rudeness :D because the sweet ones like my friend Diana have always picked me up when I needed it over the years. :D So please do stick around. I'm glad you're here :hug:

Well my weight is at 195 yesterday and today. I would love to lose the 5 pounds by May 31st. :crossed: but I know I have to work at it. I've got to leave for work and I have Bible study tonight. Hopefully I can post in the morning again. Have a great day ladies and please do come back. I'll do my best to stay accountable this month :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Hello all
Welcome vdander and good luck on your journey to healthy.
At this time im not looking into any other job as im hoping to pit a good bit of effort into this class and make it something special and grow into a permanant class. Not to mention it will help me stay focused and accountable myself. Ive got lots of ideas and hopefully some good ways to keep people excited and motivated on their journey to healthy. Lol this thread going into the "40 something" is about right since we are in that area so no big deal. Have a great day ladies!

vdander24
05-10-2013, 03:01 AM
Hi Ladies... I hope you had a great week. I am slowly getting this calorie counting thing down, but I still have a way to go before I have it down. Good luck with all your plans, and thanks for letting me in the NOVA group! Have a great weekend!

dangerouscurvesahead
05-10-2013, 02:41 PM
TGIF ladies-
Had a good week with food and exercise. Scale is showing 194 but will wait til sundays official weigh-in before i get excited and change my ticker. Class went well wednesday night and a couple ladies had awesome 1st week results 1 lost 4lbs and 1 lost 6lbs all from beginning calorie counting abd starting some healthy trades! Im so proud of them! This week i gave them actual calorie journals and books to keep a daily diary to begin focusing more on themselves for a little while each day and become more aware of themselves and maybe pin point problem areas as well as strengths. We got our paperwork to have bloodwork ups done before the next class for cholesterol and sugar checks. Mine hasnt been checked since last september and altho my cholesterol was still high it had dropped 30points so im really hopong they are even better this go round. Ill let yall know my results next week.

love2b150
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
dvander, we're glad to have you and you're doing great this month with your losses so far :high: Calorie counting for me was a tad tidious in the beginning but once I got the hang of it I did very well. I need to really start again and watch what I put in my month. :)

Joy sounds good. I wish I was up there to join your class. I haven't calorie counted in so long it's sad. I know it works so I have no excuse other than just not planning on the weekend since I really don't have much time in the evenings. :)

Happy Mother's Day Joy :hug: and to you also dvander ... don't want to leave anyone out. :hug:

Kris if you happen to stop in Happy Mother's Day to you :hug:

My Mother's Day started off with a little anger and a :(. Around 2 something I woke up so I went upstairs to turn the kids tv off and found a mess up there. I thought to myself this is the one time where I expected my expectations to be met but NOPE. So I cleaned up until a little after 3a.m. Got up this morning did two loads of laundry before church, went to see my Auntie and then we went to eat. I ate a little more than I should have thus making me feel a little stuffed but I don't anticipate eating anymore this evening. :D

I hope you all are having a great day and I hope to see you more, take care :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-12-2013, 07:41 PM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
SCALE THIS A.M. SAID 189.6! I HAD TO DO A DOUBLE TAKE AS ID BEEN IN THE 190S SINCE FEBRUARY! SO MY DAY STARTED OFF AWESOME! THE DH TOOK ME TO A BREAKFAST BUFFET FOR MY MD GIFT CUZ HE KNOWS BREAKFAST FOODS ARE MY FAVORITE AND I DID GOOD ACTUALLY. SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH MUSHROOMS 2 STRIPS BACON, 2 PANCAKES WITH STRAWBERRIES INSTEAD OF SYRUP, 1CUP CANTALOPE, 1CUP PINEAPPLES, COFFEE AND WATER.. THEN WE WENT AND BOUGHT MY MOM A DZN ORANGE ROSES A CARD AND SHRUB FOR HER YARD AND TOOK IT TO HER. REST OF MY DAY WAS THE USUAL... GET LAUNDRY DONE FOR THE WEEK, ALL MY YARD WORK DONE AND MY 3MILE WALK/JOG AND A HEALTHY DINNER OF BEANS AND RICE ON A SALAD BED AND ILL HAVE A NON-FAT LITE YOGURT FOR DESSERT SO ILL BE WITHIN MY CALORIES FOR THE DAY INSPITE OF MY BIG BREAKFAST.
RENNIE- SORRY YOUR DAY STARTED SO ROUGH! I DO UNDEESTAND AND I WOULD HAVE DELT and did the exact same thing as far as the cleaning since i wouldnt have been able to sleep just thinking about the mess.

love2b150
05-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Joy I would have loved your start of Mother's Day ... Glad it was a great one for ya :hug: Oh and :congrat: on the 180's yay YOU!! :cheer:

I got up this morning to one pound. Not sure what that's all about since I know that TOM is soon approaching. :)

Well have a great day!

MamaP
05-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Kris if you happen to stop in Happy Mother's Day to you :hug:

Thank you. I haven't been around for a while. My depression has been kicking my a**. I'm back up over 240 . . . just don't seem to care enough to do anything about it. Pretty much everything is a struggle these days. My daughter got her Bachelor's Degree on Saturday so we had graduation and then I threw her a surprise party. It was a pretty good turnout. Yesterday was my first mother's day without my mom so it was up and down. I had my grandsons with me (they stayed the night with me after their mommy's party) and was headed to meet their mom to take flowers to the cemetery for my mom. At the last minute I decided a better way to honor my mom was to take flowers to the senior apartments where she was living when she died. I went and bought a couple of baskets for the boys to carry and about $60 worth of flowers (in mixed bouquets) and separated them into single flowers. We went at lunchtime so we were able to catch everyone in the dining area. My daughter and grandsons and I handed out probably 70-75 single flowers. Many people recognized me as "Pat's daughter." We made a lot of people smile and caused a few to cry. I think my mom would have approved and I'm sure she didn't mind sharing her flowers. It was bittersweet, but lifted my heart so much seeing how grateful all those ladies were.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

Kris

P.S. I've attached a picture of the little one holding his basket in the elevator at the apartments. He was so sweet telling the ladies "happy mother's day" and he even told a couple of them the flowers were from his GG in heaven. He will be 3 in 6 weeks and he is so wise beyond his years. As we were leaving there were two women sitting in the lobby and he said "Happy Mother's Day ladies. Have a good day."

P.S. continued: I added a picture of the two of them carrying their baskets in from the car.

love2b150
05-13-2013, 07:31 PM
:hug: Kris :hug: I'm sorry I know that must have been hard for you. My Mom is still here but I remember my first Father's Day without my Dad. I didn't have a clue as to how to make myself cheer up and feel better. You made you and your Mom proud :) I know she is happy and to have her great-grands put smiles on the ladies faces made it even better. You are a great person. :hug: I'm sorry about the depression. I have had a ton go on in my life since the end of February and though I have managed to keep smiling thanks to the children some days it does get hard. I am trying to get back to being accountable again because it does get lonely in different areas of life but I know I can always come here and chat with you all. So do come check in when you feel up to it. :hug:

My eating is no where near what it should be and I honestly think when my weight goes down it is due to stress because I am surely not doing much on the healthy side :D

So Kris hope to see you here :hug: And wow the boys have grown :)

love2b150
05-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Ok my son and I are starting our new healthy living thing tomorrow. He and I both are going to weigh in tomorrow and start counting calories together. We will use MFP to keep track of our calories and I will post my food on here also. So please feel free to critique my meals and give pointers and ideas. Thanks all, I hope I can stick with it.

PS ... I have to thank my son for this jump start. I know if he sticks with it so will I :D

love2b150
05-14-2013, 08:01 AM
GM down another pound, this is getting interesting now. I would love for it to stick. My tummy isn't feeling well this morning (it actually started when I came home from work then went away). Gonna try to eat OP today :crossed:
Have a great day everyone :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Gmornin ladies-
Kris- good to hear from you, hope things get better for you soon! Do you take meds for your depression? I am a member of the Prozac nation for mine. I still have times when it gets the best of me but not near as often or as bad.
Rennie- glad to hear that your son has joined in on your journey, wishing both of you the best of luck!
Ive got a dr appt later this a.m. and im hoping to get my bloodwork results too instead of waiting til tomorrows class, im really interested in seeing my numbers. My food has been pretty good but im thinkin maybe more salt than im used to but i have to stay good and i know this to shall pass lol!

love2b150
05-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks Joy, I'm glad he has joined me also ... now I have a partner here :D Hope your bloodwork shows the numbers you are looking for.

You know one good thing about eating right today ... I didn't have to pee all day. When my glucose is high I pee constantly. You would think that common sense would kick in and I'd just do like I am supposed to.

love2b150
05-15-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm up .8 to 193.4 thanks to TTOM. The good thing is I know it will go back down in a few days :)

I hope everyone has a great day :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Gmornin-
Well, had a dr appt yesterday and got bloodwork results back! My cholesterol numbers are now down in the NORMAL range from the 300 range! My good cholesterol is still to low BUT has gotten much higher/better, my sugar is perfect. The doctor was just amazed and my progress in the past 10 months! Said it was like looking at an entirely different person and to keep up the great work!

OnaMi
05-15-2013, 12:29 PM
:wave: Rennie and everybody :)

It's been a while since I had a chance to log in here.:dizzy: Mother/working on my house,etc.. has been taking all of my attention.:dizzy: When i did/do have time to use a computer, I've been posting in my journal(reading motivational quotes) so that did help keep my sane :D
Trying to stay focus on what i ate has been hard with Doctors giving up on Mother then The Lord working a Miracle and she getting better..:love: Oh,the stress!!! but She's home now :carrot:

I'm back hitting the gym and joging :carrot: Getting focus on counting again and just having an overall good mindset about what i put in my mouth.Was in a size 8 now back in my 12's.
Don't like myself now and feel better at an 8 but I'm back to having the time to think about me for a change.

Haven't weighted and don't know when i will.Just want to get my mind back on eating clean,health and exercising everyday again.Seeing how i look and feel in my clothes will do for now.
when I lost all that weight I never had anything to take my attention away from what i wanted to do for myself.

Now I'm learning how to deal with life problems,Not turning to old habits to cope,Learning how bad carbs lead to bad craving, how easy it is to gain weight back after working so hard,how I feel when someone tells me looks like I'm gaining weight and how I don't want to go around certain people cause I feel ashame.

I know things could be worse and thank God they are not but I'm addicted to Food and will always have to watch what i eat if i want to have a happy life cause now i know that being small and feeling thin makes me happy after being obsese all my adult life.

love2b150
05-15-2013, 11:07 PM
:high: WAY TO GO :cheer: Joy :cheer:

Ona GREAT to see you :hug: and Praise GOD! regarding Mother :cheer: You know when people would tell me it looks like I'm gaining my weight back I would say, "Really!" Don't they think I know this? not to mention it was alwas someone that was not in the best of shape themselves. People just don't know what to say so when they speak all of the wrong things come out of their mouths. But I'm so glad you are here and I do hope that this go around we both stay on here :hug: I really need the accountability. My oldest son has decided to get himself back into shape so I'm gonna go the distance with him I hope. :crossed:

I was over in my calories by 132, the good thing is I didn't eat one thing that wasn't good for me. I'm hungry now and I knew I would be. We have Bible study on Wednesday and I got home in time to get the kids and hit the road. My son made a protein shake for me to drink on the ride to church but I am still hungry :( it seems to last longer when I drink them for breakfast virses dinner. :shrug: idk

love2b150
05-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Well up another 0.8 thanks to TOM. Weigh in 194.2

Hope everyone has a great day :hug:

OnaMi
05-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Good Morning Everybody :wave:

Feeling good today,did back to back spinning classes last night.Sore this morning but my mindset is good so that's great.Getting a grip on not eating after 6pm or not eating anything heavy again is my biggest hurdle right now.Wokring on a plan for that.

dangerouscurvesahead
05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Gmornin ladies-
Class went well lasnite and had a new attendee who seems excited to be with me and in a "desperate" frame of mind at this point so im really hoping my class will be of great help to her in every aspect.
We had weight losses again this week and im so proud of them so they are so excited and gungho for the changes, i hope they keep their motivation and excitement for it. Next week ill have a booth set up at a local health fair to get the clinic name out there as well as my class, lots of new experiences are going on for me and im just going to embrase them and run with them! Have a great day yall and ONA great to see you and so glad your mother is doing well.

MamaP
05-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Thought I'd stop in and say hello. Looks like you all are doing well. I've been sick this week. It started coming on pretty strongly on Monday - felt like I was getting bronchitis or something. I was worse on Tuesday but came to work anyway. My boss sent me home a little early (I think I left at 4) and told me he needed me to get well. I stayed home yesterday and went to the doctor. Other than the time it took to go to the doctor appointment and then a trip to pick up prescriptions I pretty much stayed in bed all day. The doctor said my lungs sounded pretty full (I was short of breath even when I was just sitting still). They gave me the same super strong antibiotic I took when I had pneumonia in November and also a steroid because my lungs sounded so bad.

I was in bed by 9:30 Tuesday night, slept till 10:15 Wednesday morning, went to the doctor, was back home in bed by 12:30, slept until almost 4, went and picked up my prescriptions and was back home in bed by 4:30. Slept until 7:30, got up for a few hours and was back in bed for the night by 10:30. I am at work today but I would rather be home in bed. I can breathe much better today, but I am nowhere feeling good.

For mother's day I got myself a couple of new "workout" games and was looking forward to starting them on Monday, but I still haven't been able to. Hopefully I will have my wind back soon.

love2b150
05-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Ona you go girl ... You have the right mindset already :D You are off to a great start :woohoo:

Joy things are going well for you and I am glad. I need to take a class on nutrition just a refresher on the good things that I can consume to help regulate my sugar. I don't do too bad now but of course there is always room for improvement in every area of life :) keep up the great work. I know helping others has to be a GREAT feeling :)

Aw Kris, I hope you feel better soon :hug: But good to see you. And you are off to good re-start also. Buying the workout games shows intention ... :high: when you feel better ... you'll jump right back in there :)

Well I'm glad to see everyone check in ... hope to see our new friend dvander check in again soon :)

See you all tomorrow :hug:

love2b150
05-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Happy Friday Ladies

Good Morning ...

I'm up to 195.8 this morning that is a 1.6lb gain ... :yikes:

I've gotta do better. :)

Have a great day :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-17-2013, 01:15 PM
TGIF Ladies-
Kris i hope you get to feeling better soon and find your motivation even sooner!
Rennie just remember whole grains (pasta, breads, brown rice), fruits, veggies, lean meats, low fat dairy and portion control.
Ive discovered peach, pineapple and chipotle salsa its so yummy and low cal! Havent gotten into to much today but do have a list of things that need doing so i should get my behind in gear since ill be gone most of tomorrow and wont wanna come home to a dirty house. Have a great weekend ladies if i dont get chance to pop back in.

love2b150
05-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Joy, I bought some wild rice, does that count :D. I'm not too big on the wheat pasta. It doesn't cook up well and it's hard to me. Breads, we are using Nature's Own the double fiber kind. And I also found some low carb soft taco shells they don't taste too bad. We've been eating lots of fish. My son only likes green beans and corn so it's difficult to prepare a full nutrious meal for him :( But I'm trying :)

well I got up at 10 something this morning I took a me day ... well kind of and slept in :) then I had to snap into Mommy mode and get my house cleaned with my unwilling helpers :D we finally got out of here around 5:30 :D

I hope you all had a great Saturday. See you tomorrow :hug:

love2b150
05-19-2013, 05:21 PM
OK I'm up .6 so maybe like before the weekends are just not my friend. I tend to do better during the week when I am not near my pantry and fridge. Also TOM will be departing so I should start to see good numbers again soon.

Happy Sunday to everyone :)

love2b150
05-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies ... I hope all is well. Looks like I'm here alone this time LOL :D it's alright ;)

I am seeing TOM's remnants finally leaving I guess. I weighed in this morning at 195.4 after weighing in yesterday at 197.2 so that is 1.8 down of water weight. I hope I can get the rest of the 5.2 pounds to say good bye by the end of the month. :crossed:

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
05-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Gmornin-
Hope yall are all doin well! Today is the local health fair so im hoping to get some new recruits for class.
Rennie- as long as the rice doesnt have the word "enriched" in the ingredients your on the right track lol.
The humidity has found its way to VA already! Yesterday i had no trouble breaking a sweat during both of my walks! ****, i started sweatin just thinkin bout my workouts lol! But since sweat is fat crying ill just sweat it out and make my fat cells bawl like babies lol

OnaMi
05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Fat cells crying Joy :D that's funny..I have to start walking like 6am cause by 7:15 or so its too hot to be out.I like to sweat too but only at the gym :lol:. makes me feel like I've done something :) hope the Fair goes well and thank you :)

You're never alone Rennie :hug: even when i can't post you're still in my thoughts.:) you're doing great :cp: every little change you make, thought that goes into what you're eating.. is a step towards making those healthy lifetsyle changes stick.we just have to keep at it everyday and know/remember that our mindset was once soild and work to get it back.slowly but sorely it will all click again.we just have to keep at it.the reward is so great.Great job on the protein shake.taking some baby carrots or fruit around will help too :)

Hope you're feeling better today Kris :hug:

I'm back to counting my calories :carrot: i know i have too and back to following my plan exactly :carrot: it feels good.Soon I'll face the scale and own whatever it says.baby steps!

Walked this morning, going to the gym this afternoon and back to massaging my knee down with bengay :lol:

love2b150
05-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Joy I will definitely check for the word enriched, I'm so tryin' to be good. Though the weekends are really hard. Any tips you have are very much appreciated. Thanks :hug:

Thanks Onayou're so sweet :hug: and it's so good to see you and yes my Auntie is doing well. Thank you. :) How's Mother doing?

I so want to walk like I use to but living in another state I'm not sure where to walk the one trail that I've seen I googled and read about the crime on the trail. People are just plum crazy. It's sad that you can't even exercise without worrying about some nut case jumping out, smh. I'm really trying to figure out where I could set my treadmill up in here. Rissa said I should sell my treadmill and buy a gym membership but that will be useless if I never want to go to the gym. I literally have 3.5 hours in the evening to do what I need to do and the gym isn't close to here so it doesn't make that feasible.

Kris we're here for ya Lady, come on back :hug:

Oh and I have plateaued I guess ... I have been 195.4 for three days now :(

OnaMi
05-24-2013, 12:45 PM
That's great Rennie :cp: you haven't gain so that's positive and you're keeping up w/your weight.:cp:

I don't know when I'll go near a scale :o The most important thing to me right now is eating healthy,clean,not late at night and exercising everyday.If I do all those things the weight will come off.I'm trying to hold my calories at 1500-1600 everyday too cause that's a good range for me now.

You can do a lot with 3.5 hours to spare.A good hour of exercising a day is enough I think.Some days w/lifting some w/cardio.Have you checked any gyms? Maybe there is one close to you or in a short driving distance...like 15 /30 minutes away. You'll be surprised at the friends you'll meet there and start wanting to go all the time.

You do so much for your Family.Carving out that little time just for your will help keep you sane,relieve stress and pressures of the day..a friend told me that once.Her time at the gyn is something that she does just for herself.

We just have to keep looking for ways to keep/get moving.Wish we could just wish this weight away...

I get so tired sometimes and just want to sit home/stay in bed and do nothing but when i think of.. how all i have to do is just keep pushing to do this stuff, the rewards that it all brings..i just drag myself to the gym/track...once i get there,get going,I feel better.

I know.Maping out a place to walk is hard.Until June 7th, the track i go to has closed.I'll have to get up early and drive across town,like 20 mins..to get to another track.I did this morning.Plan on going back this afternoon and tomorrow morning or tomorrow at the gym.just find a way.even if you have to walk around the same block twice.

Maybe a park in the afternoons where you can take your chlld or something.that would be nice.

Mother is fine.Thanks for asking :) Since i was at the other track this morning and it's around the corner from her house,i went by afterwards and helped her shower and get dressed.

Things are good here.keeping calories under 1600 and exercising 2 times a day.Back having to rub my knee down from all the cycling/jogging :dizzy:

MamaP
05-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Hello ladies. I am feeling much better but not completely well yet. I still have a croupy cough, but it is much improved. My endurance is still pretty low but I plan on getting back to exercising this weekend. That's the plan anyway. I really wish I was the type of person that would jump into a big exercise program and stick to it. I believe I would lose weight quickly if I would put more effort into exercise. I also need to refocus my diet and start planning my food better. I've been so "lazy" lately that I haven't even been drinking my green smoothies. I know they are important because I feel so much better when I start my day with one.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm looking forward to having a 3-day weekend, although I'm sure it will pass all too quickly. I have a huge to-do list for myself. I have rented a small booth in a new antique mall/flea market opening in 2 weeks so I have a lot of things to get ready for that.

love2b150
05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Happy Saturday Ladies,

You know I complained and said I must have hit a plateau then I woke up to 195.8 so I knew the scale was ok and today I woke up to 193.4 that's down 2.4lbs :woohoo:

Ona in my 3.5 hours I have to make sure homework is done. Make sure chores are done. Make sure there is something for dinner and my kitchen is cleaned and make sure the younger two have clothes for the next day, then it's time for bed. I took the oldest boy to the gym (he had a free pass) it's about 25 minutes from here (he would be in there for about an hour. So that is one hour and 50 minutes taken away from my evening. It doesn't work unfortunately. :( so I am stumped. :(. I wouldn't mind walking around here and I know it would be beneficial but the home owners don't follow the leash law and there are lots of Pitbulls in NC so I don't know that I actually ever will walk in my area. However there is one huge hill that would definitely be a great workout. So another obstacle there :(. I'll get to do something someday :) Glad Mother is doing fine :)

Kris glad to hear you are getting better. :hug: Have you tried any knew recipes lately? If so please do share :)

Well hope to see you all back ... have a great day :hug:

starbrite
05-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Ok ladies I'm coming back to the fold :)
I have regained 30lbs. Part of it is due to giving up smoking, part due to some lazy eating, but part due to some strange relationship my body has with exercise. I have been exercising like a demon, burnt 1000 calories at the gym, but seems this adds weight not loses it! Think I may be in the overtraining zone and am not sure what to do about it. Anyhow, I know getting back to daily weighing and talking to my 3fc pals will help. I have been extremely depressed and really need to see and get some results. Hope you will be able to help, as you always have in the past. Writing this post has been a huge step forward...

OnaMi
05-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Welcome back Starbrite :) don't feel bad,I totally understand :( you're well on your way now.We just have to do and STAY with what we know works.Everyday will get better and better.:hug:
Maybe you're building muscle.A friend of mine is like that.she works out...lifts everyday until she is now 195.Solid... but in a size 12.I guess it's whatever look someone wants to achieve..IDK.I want to look toned. I do ab stuff everyday, lift 2 days a week but I'm the cardio queen :lol:

:woohoo: way-to-go Rennie :cp: great job :carrot: tackle that hill :sumo: man you have a lot to do :dizzy: Bless your Heart..You're supper woman :D

Glad your feeling better Kristy enjoy your days off.

Well,I stayed on plan all day :carrot:Being that its' a Saturday.Thought about adding some off plan foods into my calorie count but just didn't want to.I'm in a good place right now and just didn't want to mess up anything since the craving have stop..just afraid I'd wake them up :D
All i thought about getting was some Artic Zero Ice Cream as a treat which isn't so bad but got some Yogurt instead.

love2b150
05-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Sam so good to see you. :hug: You know that those great workouts build muscle so if you are still able to wear some of your smaller outfits it could be just that. My lowest was 165 and as long as I didn't get over 180 or the low 180's I could still fit my 12's. Sorry about the depression. I think we are all having a time this year but we'll make it and prayerfully we'll get the results we are looking for this year. :D Again I am glad to see you here :hug:

Wow Ona I just read what you typed. ... it's amazing how the body is I wish I could fit into my 12's. I'm back in a 16 unfortunately. And I really need to work on my midsection. It's not attractive at all. And thanks, I have been trying to eat right and I don't do bad during the week. It's the weekend when I am with the kids. But I bought this tea that I read about in Woman's Day called pu-erh tea I have been drinking it for a week. I don't know if it works or not beause if you don't make it correctly and you burn the leaves it doesn't do anything. I will see how I do by the end of the month and keep you all posted.

Ona great job today ... You will power is GREAT!!! please do send some of that :dust: my way :D

love2b150
05-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Sam Congrats on quitting smoking :cheer: I know how hard that is so :high: to ya. I quit for good in 2003 and I'll tell you every now and then when the storms of life get to me and I sure do want one, but the fact that they are $5+ a pack is a great deterrent :D Thank goodness for that. Glad you did it :hug:

Today I got up to 192.6 that's another .8 down. I ate two burgers this evening (well late yesterday evening now) and don't know what the scale will say later this morning. I do plan to get my eight hours in and enjoy tomorrow with the children. I hope you all had a great weekend and will have a great Monday also. It is what we make it. ttyl :)

starbrite
05-27-2013, 02:29 AM
Up with the lark because the dog decided she had slept enough and wanted to wake up !
Today is our 18th wedding anniversary. Amazed that we survived this far :rofl:
Also happens to be the start of the concentrated focus to be op. We are off to Florida at the end of July, and I'd like at least ten of these pounds off by then.
Started today at 186.
Hope you all have a fab day

dangerouscurvesahead
05-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Gmornin ladies and happy memorial day!
Well, class went awesome wednesday had 2 new attendees and some more weight losses! They are doing great. Had some of them come to me after class and tell me i was doing a gree
at job teaching and im making it fun and interesting so that really made me feel good! I also discovered during class that im no longer morbid, im a class 1 obese not to far from just being over weight! Cant even tell u how happy i am to not be morbid anymore and so looking forward to just being over weight! By the way my 10 month blookwork results i put into my own thread for everyone to see the comparisons. Ive been OP all weekend and yesterday i decided to push mow my entire yard for an extra workout as well as my 3 mile jog and 3 mile dogwalk, it was just such a beautiful day and i was feeling so good. Today my dd and a couple of her friends and i are gonna spend the day at the pool. Ill just be working on my tan tho cuz i know the water will be way to cold for me yet but since the pool is at the beach i will also get my jog in while the kids are playin so its all good.

love2b150
05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Happy Memorial Day

Sam HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU

Sorry your dog woke you maybe you'll get a nap in today :)
I'll try to do the 10lbs from today to the end of July with you. (if you don't mind me joining in) I'm at 193.6 today up a pound thanks to my burgers :D

Joy :congrat: on being almost out of the obsese stage :high: Also :congrat: on the successes with your class. Way to GO :) Great day yesterday with your exercise endeavors too. You are on a roll. Keep up the great work :hug:

Ona and Kris hope you are doing well :hug:

starbrite
05-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Gosh Rennie - the more the merrier. It has to come off. I'm sick of it, so here's to 10lbs off by end July :)
Lovely sunny day here for the first time in ages. Makes me feel so much more focused .

love2b150
05-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks Sam, LOL I'm sick of this tummy I have. I'm sure it's the bulk of my weight :D

The days here are like early fall days. It's about 60 in the morning and then mid 70 in the day then at night it's been getting down to the 40's. We had a record low of 41 on Friday for this time of year. But I'm not complaining it saves on the electric bill :D.

Joy I like that attitude/gratitude thread, wish I had known about that earlier this year :) And thanks for sharing your stats. :) I would love to know all of my stats again. I don't have insurance at the moment but praying for employment with benefits to come soon :)

OnaMi
05-28-2013, 12:46 PM
:wave: Everybody..

Go get those 10 lbs Rennie and Star :sumo: Star most of the weight you've gain is probably water weight and you can flush that out and Rennie,seems like that tea is working for ya :carrot: how about just doing some Planks/crunches/sit-up at home for your midsection.Just start out w/5 or so and work your way up.At night before bed maybe.You're doing great..your willpower/willingness to want to be healthier is geting stronger w/every bite you take :cheer:

You're doing an awsome job Joy :bravo:

Hay Kris :wave: hope you had a great weekend :)

Well..I Did great over the weekend I must say !! :dance: I'm liking the way i look in the mirror again.Had on all white yesterday and did't feel bloated or self-concious.All the hard work I've been doing recently has really paid off cause I know 2 weeks ago I couldn't stand to look at myself. My mentality about what i eat seems different.

Since I know that everything in life happens for reason,I believe that i had to go through seeing how stress eating(how certain carbs just causes major cravings) because of Mother or any situation only causes more stress and makes me unhappy.

I saw signs yesterday that Mothers memory seems to go and come now.When she was in re-hab she had forgot everybody/everything and about home. I thought that she really had started to remembered her children/family and home but my Sister said that she was just going along and believeing whatever we had told her about us and things

I thank God that I'm getting stronger to handle whatever happens.I know that no one lives forever and that this is not our home.We are just passing through this world. Everday i get more strength and wisdom now not to turn to unhealthy eating to cope with Gods plans.

Why eat unhealthy foods when I know that in the end, it's going to make me more depressed cause I know now that i just can't stop eating them. I'm finally enjoying my life after being overweight for as long as i can remember, I love being happy, feeling thin makes me happy and no matter what else is going on...unhealthy eating only adds to my depression.

I've Stared transfering my stress/depression about Mother to woking out.

love2b150
05-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Ona it sounds like Mother may have Dementia or be in the early stages of Alzheimers. Have the doctors mentioned that to you all? It's always great as you know to lean on our faith. And if you can add healthy foods and exercise to keep your temple in order that's all the better :hug: You've always had a positive spirit so just roll with that also. I'm glad 3FC joined us together. :)

I was up 194.2 yesterday that was .6 gain then I was down .2 today to 194.0. I hope the last day of the month shows some type of loss. I woke up to go to the bathroom last night and my right side was hurting pretty bad. I thought I would sleep it off since I had 4 hours left to sleep but I got up this morning with it feeling worse. I ended up taking ibuprofen to help with the pain.

I hope you all had a great day today :hug:

starbrite
05-30-2013, 02:37 AM
Hey :wave: Thanks ONa for the support. I think it's more than water weight but will try to keep at it. It seems harder somehow to stick to watching every mouthful. However I know thats the way to do it.
Rennie- lets do this :sumo: ! Was down 0.5 today. Baby steps.
I'm off to Budapest for the weekend. I was a birthday gift, and I am very excited. Hope I can behave !!
Have a good weekend

dangerouscurvesahead
05-30-2013, 08:04 AM
Gmornin ladies
Class went well! All reported a loss except 1 lady had a 2lb gain but told her not to let it get the best of her it was a long holiday weejend abd she would get right back on track. Ive given all of them my # as i want this to be a strong support group as well and i believe shes going thru some personal issues very similar to mine (hubby) and i dont want her tobsabotage herself because of someone elses problems, so we shall see. The scale there has me at a 7lb loss for the month of May but that just has it sitting where my home scale us now so not sure how to take that. Meeting my sister on the beach this a.m. for a walk before it gets to hot so that will be nice. Hope yall have a great day!

love2b150
05-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Joy it has to feel great to help the way you are, give yourself a hug and a pat on the back from me. :hug: Keep up the great work.

Sam I'm so trying to git'er done as Coondocks use to say :). I have my spells where I do so well and them like today I just kind of went overboard. My son made some baked beans with green pepper, onion, ground beef and brown sugar and I had two (paper) plates of them. They weren't heaps but I shouldn't have had the second plate oh and I had two McDonald's sundaes for lunch not good at all. I didn't know whether I wanted caramel or fudge so I got both and until I ate them I didn't think that I could but I did, sad I know. As Ona would say tomorrow is another day to get it right and I will do better. :crossed: to not have a gain in the a.m.

Oh I had another .2 down this morning to 193.8

love2b150
05-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Here's the June thread and it is in the right category this time
See you there :D

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/282627-nova-ladies-friends-june-2013-daily-check-accountability-thread.html#post4757939

love2b150
05-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Hip hip horay I had a .6 loss weighing in at the end of the month at 193.2 that's a 1.8 loss for the month. I will surely take it. So lets hope I can keep this up for June. Sam let's do this.

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/282627-nova-ladies-friends-june-2013-daily-check-accountability-thread.html#post4757939

MamaP
05-31-2013, 03:32 PM
Happy Friday . . . last day of May. It goes so fast. I hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

dangerouscurvesahead
05-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Tgif ladies—
The week went fairly well exercise and food wise. My weight is 189.2 but im not going to fret to much since i also got T.O.M. this week for the 2nd time this month and ive noticed my body seems to do whooshes once a month to every other month if i just stick to it so we shall see if this is the case for june.
Rennie: im taking my lead support wise from this website. The support thru 3fc is just so awesome and i want others to know they are not alone in this journey and perfection is not expected or necessary along the way. The emotions we go thru along the way need to be shared with people that will truly understand so im doing my best for them.

love2b150
06-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Kris good to see you :hug:

Joy I love 3FC I'm so glad to have found it and the friends I've made here are just a blessing alone :)

See you all on the June thread :)