100 lb. Club - Flying thru the 260s and 250 with fun! new thread

Pages : [1] 2

wannaskipandlaugh
05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Hello everyone in this thread.... We are starting a fresh thread. A fresh start to fly thru these LBS and onto the next thread lower. Good going to us all for getting here and even better for getting on!

Lets Go!!

ubergirl
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Wish I were flying! Have bounced up 2 lbs in the last two days-- I think it's TOM-related. Hoping these pounds and a few more will drop off soon!

Mara
05-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Hello guys! The weekend was okay. Still raining, but everyone is okay. Trying to resist the urge to eat everything. LOL always happens during my TOM. It's almost like a need and not a want.

Onagain1 I hope your weather has improved and the roads are open.

startingagain1
05-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone! I've just entered the 260s, woooohoooo! I hope we all fly through this guys :D

belovedspirit
05-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks for starting a new thread, Sue! :carrot:

Hi everyone! I've just entered the 260s, woooohoooo! I hope we all fly through this guys :D

Congrats! :carrot: And, me too!

The scale is down 0.5 lbs today. I say 0.5 lbs, but in reality it was all over the place. I stepped on it several times, and once it read 259.9 lbs!!! :eek: My eyes nearly bugged out with joy! hahaha For now, I'll record 265.2 and see what tomorrow brings.

If anyone recalls, my goal for the weekend was to stay active and well-hydrated. I did both. yay! Only I've also been going to sleep later and later, and I wonder if this is manifesting an impact on my weight loss. One way to find out, I suppose. I'm making sleep-by-midnight a goal for today. :D

Wishing you all a great day! :carrot:

tallgirl231
05-06-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm hoping to join in the fun in the 250's this week. Weighed this am and was 260.8. Have not been that weight in 15 years?

onagain1
05-06-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm up a pound today. I think it's due to the sodium in the food I ate yesterday. I stayed in my calorie range, but I ate restarant food which is always higher in sodium. Anyway, drinking lots of water today hoping to flush it on out!

Our weather has improved, but we are setting record lows for May. Craziness.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Hello... and gosh it looks like everyone (pretty much) is doing good the 1st day of this thread.. :)

Startinagain... Welcome to you : ) Help us build up steam to motor thru these lbs :)

Beloved.. WOW you are doing sooooo good I am so impressed and happy for you :) and I am so glad that you made your goals on the weekend that in itself is a NSV in my book...

bg124 Water weight Argh... Show it the DOOR!!

Tallgirl... Isn't it cool to lose 15 years of weight LOL I was happy with 5 years. So very good for you :)

Onagain1... Salt and Water... gosh... we need it and can't live without it.. and when we get extra.... it sticks like GLUE I say... But time will make it go away... I always think... another glass of water will help show the other water in our body the way to the door LOL

Have a wonderful night everyone and this Forum (TOWN) has a celebration for Elvis and her trip into Onderland to enjoy for her... Just think... that is going to be us in the near future... ISN'T THAT COOL TO THINK OF?!!

vdander24
05-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi Everyone! Thanks to sue for the new thread.
Well the devil came for its due... Just a few days in and I was doing well, but this weekend definitely saw some challenges with eating and lack of walking or other exercises. I stayed at 262.4 on Sunday, and this morning I was at 266.7. Not great, but again, I am more concerned about recording the information, than beating myself up about it. (At least thats what I kept telling myself today) Any way, I am hoping to see about being a little more disciplined this week.

Sue - Thanks for the new thread!
Everyone... CONGRATULATIONS... On arriving here, on leaving here. Keep up the great work!
Here is my sappy moment for the week, .... I am so glad that I came back here. It is so nice to feel like I amNOT totally alone going through thisl I am hoping we can all keep moving forward together. Your stories and contributions are all inspiring to me. Have a wonderful week!

ubergirl
05-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Mara I always bounce with TOM! And with travel, and with salty foods, sigh... but it helps to realize it's just a bounce and not a true gain.

Back to 266 today after bouncing up to 268. I'll take it. Really looking forward to 265, which is not just ten pounds since my restart, but also my 10% mark from my high weight.

Silverfire
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/da-mo-24.jpg?w=500&h=604

I saw this today and it kinda slapped me in the face. Yup, I have been slacking, skipping the gym and eating too much junk (Cheesecake last night!!)

So this is a call out to all the ladies (& gents) in this decade who feel like they are slipping, to get our a$$'s in gear and get back on on track together!!! :carrot:

The scale showed me 266.2 this morning, and I realized I haven't seen the numbers move down in entirely way too long and I HAVE to get back into the swing of things. I feel like summer is going to be a challenge, with all the beers and BQQing! I don't want to have to turn on the stove/oven at all in my house this summer if I can help it so I am going to have to expand my BBQ repertoire to more than chicken breasts and potatoes/peppers/mushrooms.

Any suggestions?

Do you find that the changing seasons really mess with your groove?

Mara
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
That's true Ubergirl. Just gotta remind myself that hormones affect weight sometimes.

But, you are right too Silverfire. I need to stop slacking so much. :)

belovedspirit
05-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Just posting quickly. Weigh in was 264.5 lbs today! :woohoo:!
Hope your days are going well! :carrot:

onagain1
05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
The water must have helped, because I was 255.5 this morning. Getting closer and closer to the 240's. My goal is to be there by the end of the month, but it sure would be nice to get there sooner! :)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Silverfire. That post was something else LOVED IT. I wish I could stick it on my fridge and hide the opening LOL It is a good Kick in the you know what. Thank you..

Wow... Beloved.. good for you.. you are doing marvelous and almost 1/3 of the way to the next thread...

Onagain. WOW.. Good for you .. you are going to be the 1st one outta this thread Show us how :)

Vdander... glad you started with us :) Now you get to move on with us too... or we will with you :)

Mara..... TOM... I remember.. but the swoosh is worth the wait sometimes.... Eat Dark Chocolate :)

Ubergirl... 2 lbs down in a day well thats just darn good and I bet you feel it too :) Lighter walking :)

Oh I can't wait a few months from now when we are all at the two tens above Onderland and feel how Elvis felt! :)

I was on plan today... and I have to tell you it was really hard. Having sugar yesterday for the 1st time in 4+ months... oh boy... I wanted to eat anything and everything.... Pizza, Burgers, Fries etc and the smells that waifed off of people lunches at work... My mouth was watering.... I had to just keep telling myself..... Just had a treat... don't need another one.... Had to say that at least 10 times from 11-2.. Sugar is a bbbbaaadddddddd chemical for me.... BUT I DID IT and withstood it :) yeah my little NSV for the day :)

Love to all!

onagain1
05-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I was on plan today... and I have to tell you it was really hard. Having sugar yesterday for the 1st time in 4+ months... oh boy... I wanted to eat anything and everything.... Pizza, Burgers, Fries etc and the smells that waifed off of people lunches at work... My mouth was watering.... I had to just keep telling myself..... Just had a treat... don't need another one.... Had to say that at least 10 times from 11-2.. Sugar is a bbbbaaadddddddd chemical for me.... BUT I DID IT and withstood it :) yeah my little NSV for the day :)

Love to all!

That is an awesome NSV! I think everytime we resist, it gets a little bit easier to resist the next time. You go girl!:goodvibes

vdander24
05-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Vdander... glad you started with us :) Now you get to move on with us too... or we will with you :)

Love to all!

See that's why I am so glad to be back here! Congrats on being on plan! I know how tough it can be. Me, I was up a lb today, to 267, so not making any overall progress yet, but other than setting a calorie limit at 1800, I kind of just jumped back in without a plan. I am getting used to the restriction a bit, but I had a rough weekend, and am getting that through my system. Doesn't help that I have exams this week and need to study. I am still recording, honestly, so that is a plus, and I am doing bits of walking here and there, so hopefully they will start to add up.

smashlers
05-08-2013, 12:26 AM
I feel like I have been in the 260s and 250's for far far too long!! I keep seeing 253.6 on the scale in the morning.... I am getting closer to a new decade thread but it never seems to come quick enough.

Thought I would pop in and say hello in the new thread! That big one was getting too hard to troll around in :). Hope everyone has a great week!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I woke up mad at myself (and of course stepping on the scale this morning and still seeing it up... does NOT help) I have been so good for so long on plan and then ate that cake. I know it was my Birthday... But I could have had just a bite and put it down... but I ate the whole slice (not that big thank goodness... but I coulda eaten the whole cake). I was on such a downward swing with my weight... losing 3+ a week and now.... well.... I did it to myself. The only thing I know I can take from this is knowledge... I see what happens when I eat the wrong thing and learn to have patience for my body to get back into the swing of losing again... ITS just that I am so angry today.... I have to tell myself.. I am human and NOT perfect ARGH... Sorry.. Needed to vent and thank you for letting me put it down in writing. This HELPS!

Anyway.... Smashlers... Hope you post more often... sometimes keeping up with everyone gives inspiration :)

Have a great and wondeful day all!

ubergirl
05-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I woke up mad at myself (and of course stepping on the scale this morning and still seeing it up... does NOT help) I have been so good for so long on plan and then ate that cake. I know it was my Birthday... But I could have had just a bite and put it down... but I ate the whole slice (not that big thank goodness... but I coulda eaten the whole cake).

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself. As you said, you could've eaten the whole cake BUT YOU DIDN'T. Birthday cake is always a hard one for me to stop with any reasonable amount. I think there is no problem eating cake on your birthday, and in the grand scheme of weight loss, it won't make a bit of difference.

There is a place in anyone's diet for special occasion foods... but we just have to make sure that we don't think it's a special occasion three x a day plus snack.:DHappy birthday!

Me I'm stuck at 266.2 and so eager to hit that first 10 pounds off (and 10% from my initial high weight) Maybe tomorrow!

Mara
05-08-2013, 02:54 PM
So at work we participate in raising money for AHA. It is a big event with the company breaking into teams and sponsoring events to raise money from May till October, when they have the Heart Walk.

They have one event were if you walk 100 miles you get a gift card, which is cool. But one of the teams decided to have a Biggest Loser competition and I joined. The prize is a $150 giftcard to Kohl's (to help buy clothes after the weight loss). Today was the first weigh in and October 9th is the final weigh in. Wish me luck! :)

tallgirl231
05-08-2013, 05:07 PM
259.8 this morning. Squeaked into the 250's but I'll take it. Yahoo.

belovedspirit
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Have a wonderful night everyone and this Forum (TOWN) has a celebration for Elvis and her trip into Onderland to enjoy for her... Just think... that is going to be us in the near future... ISN'T THAT COOL TO THINK OF?!!

It's amazing! I admit that I find it hard to fathom. Does that make sense? It seems surreal and close to impossible, even though my rational brain knows it is entirely possible and inevitable if I keep at my goals.... Does anyone else feel this way?

Here is my sappy moment for the week, .... I am so glad that I came back here. It is so nice to feel like I amNOT totally alone going through thisl I am hoping we can all keep moving forward together. Your stories and contributions are all inspiring to me. Have a wonderful week!

I feel the same! Thank you all for being here and cheering each other on... I take so much strength from the support and community of this forum and thread. :hug:

Mara I always bounce with TOM! And with travel, and with salty foods, sigh... but it helps to realize it's just a bounce and not a true gain.

Back to 266 today after bouncing up to 268. I'll take it. Really looking forward to 265, which is not just ten pounds since my restart, but also my 10% mark from my high weight.

:woohoo: Way to go! :D

The water must have helped, because I was 255.5 this morning. Getting closer and closer to the 240's. My goal is to be there by the end of the month, but it sure would be nice to get there sooner! :)

Yay! Good luck! :D

Wow... Beloved.. good for you.. you are doing marvelous and almost 1/3 of the way to the next thread...

Love to all!

Thank you! And awesome NSV! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

See that's why I am so glad to be back here! Congrats on being on plan! I know how tough it can be. Me, I was up a lb today, to 267, so not making any overall progress yet, but other than setting a calorie limit at 1800, I kind of just jumped back in without a plan. I am getting used to the restriction a bit, but I had a rough weekend, and am getting that through my system. Doesn't help that I have exams this week and need to study. I am still recording, honestly, so that is a plus, and I am doing bits of walking here and there, so hopefully they will start to add up.

Best of luck with your finals! You can do this! :D

I woke up mad at myself (and of course stepping on the scale this morning and still seeing it up... does NOT help) I have been so good for so long on plan and then ate that cake. I know it was my Birthday... But I could have had just a bite and put it down... but I ate the whole slice (not that big thank goodness... but I coulda eaten the whole cake). I was on such a downward swing with my weight... losing 3+ a week and now.... well.... I did it to myself. The only thing I know I can take from this is knowledge... I see what happens when I eat the wrong thing and learn to have patience for my body to get back into the swing of losing again... ITS just that I am so angry today.... I have to tell myself.. I am human and NOT perfect ARGH... Sorry.. Needed to vent and thank you for letting me put it down in writing. This HELPS!

Anyway.... Smashlers... Hope you post more often... sometimes keeping up with everyone gives inspiration :)

Have a great and wondeful day all!

Aw hon, sometimes we eat something we later wish we hadn't had. It happens. We're human and have been blessed/cursed with tastebuds. :P It sounds like you just ate a very small amount. I'm sure it'll be flushed from your body before you know it. It will probably make nary a dent in your 3 lbs a week loss. :hug:

I think we deserve breaks on occasion. The key is not quitting completely or going days and days eating whatever. I have to think of this as a lifestyle this time around and not a diet or I will just keep gaining it all back. I will never again get close to my goal and think I can eat whatever I want forever. Duh! :p

We are worth it!!!:cp:

Yes!

So at work we participate in raising money for AHA. It is a big event with the company breaking into teams and sponsoring events to raise money from May till October, when they have the Heart Walk.

They have one event were if you walk 100 miles you get a gift card, which is cool. But one of the teams decided to have a Biggest Loser competition and I joined. The prize is a $150 giftcard to Kohl's (to help buy clothes after the weight loss). Today was the first weigh in and October 9th is the final weigh in. Wish me luck! :)

Good luck! :carrot:

259.8 this morning. Squeaked into the 250's but I'll take it. Yahoo.

:woohoo: ! :carrot:

I'm still in the 264.x lbs range. I definitely need more sleep. I have not been getting enough, and my weight has been stalling. I'll try to sleep early and see what tomorrow brings!

Mara
05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks belovedspirit!

Moreta
05-08-2013, 09:06 PM
well i weighed yesterday morning and it was 265, then i ate ALL DAY yesterday and gained back 2 lbs. oh well. things happen. I wasn't nearly as hungry today, so that's good. I need to work on not slipping in sodas here and there, and really need to work on exercising. I think i exercised a whole 4 days last month. So hopefully this month will be better.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Mara...... that competition sounds neat... especially doing the biggest loser with it too... and a gift card for NEW ..... Clothes... OH YEAH!

Well.. I had a really bad evening.... good all day and the rest of the office ordered Italian.. so I smelled Meatball Parms and Sausage and peppers.. but I ate my Boars head and cheese roll ups..... But then someone took out my birthday cake from the fridge and LEFT IT ON THE TABLE at 5:10 it was still there... The cleaning people had already left ARGH... I took it.... Grew up with the Can't waste food family... and went on to meet my friends for an art walk and THEY DID NOT SHOW UP... so here I am with a 1/5 of a choc choc layer cake in my car and I am hurt and mad.... so guess (this is an easy answer) what I just did... ATE THE WHOLE F****** thing.. BOY am I an emotional eater. Truly... I know what I did cannot not be done again and I know I was wrong to do it and it did not make me happier.... Writing this down is actually helping.... SO NOW I am am talking to myself... I need to go back to being POSSITIVE SUE.... (twitch of the nose like Samantha on Betwitched).... there.... Starting NOW I am going to be in control and be happy and encouraging again.... If I whine.. HIT ME! LOLOL

Rant over and now I have killed the month of weight loss.... which hurts as I was counting on weighing close to 260 at the end of the month. SO I AM WISHING you all a GREAT month..so I know that someone was good.

Hugs and sweet dreams to all!

ubergirl
05-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Mara...... that competition sounds neat... especially doing the biggest loser with it too... and a gift card for NEW ..... Clothes... OH YEAH!

Well.. I had a really bad evening.... good all day and the rest of the office ordered Italian.. so I smelled Meatball Parms and Sausage and peppers.. but I ate my Boars head and cheese roll ups..... But then someone took out my birthday cake from the fridge and LEFT IT ON THE TABLE at 5:10 it was still there... The cleaning people had already left ARGH... I took it.... Grew up with the Can't waste food family... and went on to meet my friends for an art walk and THEY DID NOT SHOW UP... so here I am with a 1/5 of a choc choc layer cake in my car and I am hurt and mad.... so guess (this is an easy answer) what I just did... ATE THE WHOLE F****** thing.. BOY am I an emotional eater. Truly... I know what I did cannot not be done again and I know I was wrong to do it and it did not make me happier.... Writing this down is actually helping.... SO NOW I am am talking to myself... I need to go back to being POSSITIVE SUE.... (twitch of the nose like Samantha on Betwitched).... there.... Starting NOW I am going to be in control and be happy and encouraging again.... If I whine.. HIT ME! LOLOL

Rant over and now I have killed the month of weight loss.... which hurts as I was counting on weighing close to 260 at the end of the month. SO I AM WISHING you all a GREAT month..so I know that someone was good.

Sweetie, there is not one thing you wrote there that I haven't done myself! My birthday cake sitting there??? And I'm hurt and mad??? Been there, done that, and paid the price!!!

But what's this about blowing the whole month?? Not on your life. One fifth of a chocolate cake can wreck a day, but it can't wreck a whole month. No way, no how!!

So, now you know a thing or two about chocolate cake-- basically NEVER LET IT ENTER YOUR CAR :dizzy::dizzy: (well, I got to tell you that me and leftover birthday cake alone in a car would never work!!!)

Tomorrow is a new day, and you can definitely still hit 260 by the end of the month. Why not???

vdander24
05-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I woke up mad at myself (and of course stepping on the scale this morning and still seeing it up... does NOT help) I have been so good for so long on plan and then ate that cake. I know it was my Birthday... But I could have had just a bite and put it down... but I ate the whole slice (not that big thank goodness... but I coulda eaten the whole cake).

First of all, I hope you had a FANTASTIC Birthday, and enjoyed every bite of that cake... Now, the reason I said that is that part of doing this is learning how to make this all work every day... not just a week or two on a diet, right? So we need to learn how to jump back and adjust as needed, without feeling like we are total weirdos who can't eat anything... At least that is my feeling on it. So hopefully, you enjoyed your birthday, learned a little something and can make some adjustments for the next time a situation like that comes up. By the way, It is wonderful for people to be able to vent on here. I actually learn a lot, and am inspired usually to try something or think about something differently... so thanks :-)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Thank you Ubergirl and Vdander

I have (many times in the past) lost control and then stopped dieting totally because I cheated. This is the one big lesson that I am learning this time (I really think so) I thought that when my friends stopped being dependable about walking so I had to do it on my own, would have normally done me in (when people dissappoint me really?? People Dissappoint people? LOL every day... But when I diet I need the consistancy to keep with it) So this time with the cake... I am very afraid that I will be off the wagon (so to speak) But I AM going to perserve.... With your kind words and caring... I will do it.... Even if I just lose what I have gained.. That is winning.... I just drank a HUGE glass of water to push that sugary choc cake along the system (its hard as I am doing Atkins.. so sugar is a big time NO NO) and to push it along as the sugar even 2 hours later is really making me buzz... Twitchy and not right LOL

Its funny how we are so hard on ourselves when we make mistakes. Who beats us up worse WE DO. Such life lessons learned here...

I send you both hugs as I really appreciate your words :) :hug:

vdander24
05-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone! I am back down to 265.2 today. I ate better today, and I got off a few stops early from my bus to walk about a mile home. Not bad. Tests went okay...not great, but for certain I passed, and am in decent position for term end. It isn't much, but I carry around a 20lb backpack, so at least I am getting some resistance in!

Thanks for the good wishes belovedspirit.

Hang in there Moreta... It will come off!

Tallgirl231 - Congrats on the 250's! in is in.

ubergirl - I will keep my fingers crossed for you. You will make it!

Mara! good luck! my sister just did one at her school, and won $180.! She had a great time, and it really kickstarted her diet!

Have a great night everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Vdander.......20lb backpack of books... OH yeah.. That helps with the walking and adding resistance :) Good for you that the tests went well.... Not to hot there in CA today?

CaliforniaDreamer
05-09-2013, 02:47 AM
*peeks in* Hi ladies! I'm going to join you guys, I'm finally in the 250s after spending forever in the 260s. lol it feels good. I got down to 255 but then I fell of my diet and gained back up to 265 :( and I was stuck there for almost 2 months. I tweaked my diet and exercise routine and started losing again and I'm back at 255 :cool:

I eat 1200 calories and I walk for 40 minutes. When I was doing jillian michaels videos I lost weight the first few days then I gained it all back. I tried a few of her videos (completed them too) and no weight loss. So I just stopped doing the videos and just stuck to walking and I've been losing. So I guess that's what works for me.

Waterdog2442
05-09-2013, 04:13 AM
I have lost 18.1 lbs so far, the first week 12lbs, second week 4.1lbs and this week only 2.3. I hope I lose more next week but that has put me at 254.1 lbs! I cant beleive it! In only 3 weeks!
You are all such an inspiration for me, not having any friends losing weight, its been great to have online support THANK YOU!!!!!!!

ubergirl
05-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Waterdog 18 pounds in 3 weeks is amazing! Keep it up!

California Welcome!

Vdander Good job juggling exams and sticking with your plan!

Happy weigh in this morning, down to 264.6 and DAY 27!

Mara
05-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Wannaskipandlaugh, I agree with ubergirl and vdander24. And don't give up on your goal for the month. There are still three weeks left. You've got this!

belovedspirit
05-09-2013, 02:01 PM

I hope you're feeling better today. :hug:
We all make these decisions. I think what really helps us stay on track are the decisions we make after. We drink some water, decide to resume our healthy eating plan, come to 3FC, etc. THAT's what determines long-term success, not a bit of cake. You can totally do this! In fact, you ARE doing this. You've got it, Sue! :carrot: Feel better! :D

ichoose2believe
05-09-2013, 02:49 PM
I have lost 18.1 lbs so far, the first week 12lbs, second week 4.1lbs and this week only 2.3. I hope I lose more next week but that has put me at 254.1 lbs! I cant beleive it! In only 3 weeks!
You are all such an inspiration for me, not having any friends losing weight, its been great to have online support THANK YOU!!!!!!!

That is amazing weight loss!!! Way to go!!!

belovedspirit
05-09-2013, 03:22 PM
*peeks in* Hi ladies! I'm going to join you guys, I'm finally in the 250s after spending forever in the 260s. lol it feels good. I got down to 255 but then I fell of my diet and gained back up to 265 :( and I was stuck there for almost 2 months. I tweaked my diet and exercise routine and started losing again and I'm back at 255 :cool:

I eat 1200 calories and I walk for 40 minutes. When I was doing jillian michaels videos I lost weight the first few days then I gained it all back. I tried a few of her videos (completed them too) and no weight loss. So I just stopped doing the videos and just stuck to walking and I've been losing. So I guess that's what works for me.

:welcome: and :congrat:!! :woohoo:!

Wow! Awesome!! :carrot:
I feel similarly, Waterdog. I also find a lot of support, encouragement, and motivation through this thread and the website. I am so very thankful for all of you here and for all of your positive, encouraging, and supportive words! THANK YOU!!!

Happy weigh in this morning, down to 264.6 and DAY 27!

Yay!! :carrot:

Hi everyone! I am back down to 265.2 today. I ate better today, and I got off a few stops early from my bus to walk about a mile home. Not bad. Tests went okay...not great, but for certain I passed, and am in decent position for term end. It isn't much, but I carry around a 20lb backpack, so at least I am getting some resistance in!

Sounds great! Way to go! :D

I intentionally broke my juice fast yesterday, and am slowly transitioning back to solid foods. I had soup yesterday with rice noodles. It was quite salty. I feel sad/panicky/worried the scale was up 1.1 lbs today. :( I'm hoping it's either the salt content or perhaps just having something solid in my body for the first time in over a week. I'll keep on track and take things as they come with the intent to lose weight. As an NSV, I did sleep early last night and got a honkin 11 hours of sleep. lol. ;) Wish me luck! *fingers-crossed*

Mara
05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
How did my post from 8 this morning end up below those that posted later??? Weird...

Going2BeThatGirl
05-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Hey all...

I fell off the wagon and am jumping back on. I am in the 260's and am joining a gym today. I don't get much support at home, as my family just tells me that its not going to work. LOL I tell ya, when are people ever going to change?

So I'm here to give and get support... probably get more than give ;)

I'm Amanda. Nice to meet you all!!!!

belovedspirit
05-09-2013, 06:06 PM
How did my post from 8 this morning end up below those that posted later??? Weird...

I wonder if it's due to a time zone difference. Your post reads as 9:24am on my screen. I'm in the eastern time zone (north america), though. Could that be it?

belovedspirit
05-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Hey all...

I fell off the wagon and am jumping back on. I am in the 260's and am joining a gym today. I don't get much support at home, as my family just tells me that its not going to work. LOL I tell ya, when are people ever going to change?

So I'm here to give and get support... probably get more than give ;)

I'm Amanda. Nice to meet you all!!!!

:welcome: Amanda! It's great to meet you, too! :D
You can do this! :cheer:

Going2BeThatGirl
05-09-2013, 06:31 PM
:
You can do this! :cheer:

Thanks, belovedspirit!!! I know I can, it's just the lack of support and the lack of motivation I have.

I did just join the Y, which does 2 yr child care, so I have no excuses!!!!

I need you in the back of my head to keep yelling that at me ;)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Oh my gosh... there are so many NEW and WONDERFUL people here now... This is going to be fun to all work together to get to the next thread! It looks like everyone has lost too and those starting over... Good for you. Me too after my debacle and whine fest yesterday. Clean slate for all and onward and DOWNWARD.... :)

Beloved... I hope that you are ok and that your body adjusts to solid food. You are amazing as you stuck with that juice fast. I think taking it alittle slow with the sodium might be good. Your heart isn't used to it and might get alittle overwhelmed. I send you hugs and love.

WOW I am so amazed at what awesome and amazing people that we have here. Makes me proud to be among you all..

Have a fantastic Friday all..

belovedspirit
05-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Thanks, belovedspirit!!! I know I can, it's just the lack of support and the lack of motivation I have.

I did just join the Y, which does 2 yr child care, so I have no excuses!!!!

I need you in the back of my head to keep yelling that at me ;)

yay! Good stuff!! :carrot:
and I'm happy to help! :D

Oh my gosh... there are so many NEW and WONDERFUL people here now... This is going to be fun to all work together to get to the next thread! It looks like everyone has lost too and those starting over... Good for you. Me too after my debacle and whine fest yesterday. Clean slate for all and onward and DOWNWARD.... :)

Beloved... I hope that you are ok and that your body adjusts to solid food. You are amazing as you stuck with that juice fast. I think taking it alittle slow with the sodium might be good. Your heart isn't used to it and might get alittle overwhelmed. I send you hugs and love.

WOW I am so amazed at what awesome and amazing people that we have here. Makes me proud to be among you all..

Have a fantastic Friday all..

So glad to hear you're looking forward and onward! :carrot:

Thanks! I am taking it very slowly. I want to make sure my body's not shocked and that I'm not in pain from eating again (all's well so far. :)). So yesterday, I juiced as per usual, and had soup with rice noodles. I juiced again today and had a plain salad. I might have a little stir-fry tomorrow along with some of the things I've already had. It's all good. :)

vdander24
05-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Sue Thanks for the encouragement! It was georgous both yesterday and today... right up until the thunderstorm at 7:00 or so. . Glad you are better

CaliforniaDreamer Congratulations and Welcome! Good Luck with your plan!

Waterdog2442 That is fantastic news! Keep up the great work!

ubergirl YEAAAAA!! I know you have been working this for a while. Glad to see you are back on the way!

belovedspirit It takes a lot of strength to do a juice fast! Good luck with the transition back. Was it to jumpstart weight loss? I know it is supposed to be cleansing, but it does weight loss as well. Fingers are officially crossed! :-)

Amanda Welcome! Its a great thing to get online and get all this support, isn't it? Good luck with all your goals and keep sharing... Believe me... we all learn from everyone!

Okay, so I was back to 262.8 today. I walked, and ate well early in the day, but then I had to log my spaghetti dinner! I know it is delicious, and really good on a budget, but even substituting turkey, for beef, and having only half my normal amount, it is still a calorie bomb! My sister has been doing this a little longer than me, so she was smart and saved calories for it. lesson learned for today!

AS for the rest of this lovely group... Have a wonderful weekend!

loganandlivsmom
05-10-2013, 08:23 AM
I hope I fly on through! :) I had a hysterectomy Tuesday and now am starting to feel a bit more human again. Weighed myself and I am down 3 pounds since Tuesday. Part of that has to be the surgery itself and the pain pills-not eating much. With that said I am at 256.
My son graduates from HS on June 4th. I would love to be at 250 if possible then. ((AN EVEN 50 POUNDS in a year!!)) :carrot:

Hope we all fly through the pounds and get on to the next thread this summer!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Oh Loganandlivsmom..... I hope that you are aok and recovering with little pain. I am so sorry you had an operation.. Your nos are GREAT Wow almost 50 lbs down and its not even 1/2 way in the year. SO happy for that for you. I wish you a quick healing and that you reach your goal by 6/4 for your DS graduation!

Vdander... yep pasta gots lots of carbs and salt... Whatever you gained will go away quickly as it is just water retention :) Think possitive

ME well I gained 3.5 lbs last night... from that cake on Wed the 8th. My old WW instructor always said that the weight would show up in 2 days and she was right :(...... But I am NOT going to quit.. NOT THIS TIME. I truly was on plan all day yesterday and will do it today.. I wish you all strength of will and mind today!

Silverfire
05-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Woooo scale showed me a 263.8 today!!! Recovering from my little scale jump I think. Going to Boston Pizza for a work lunch today, that scale number has inspired me to have a big salad I think :D :D I haven't been logging my food the last few days, I am kinda curious to see if I can keep my food under control without logging it, it's an experiment I guess.

Happy Friday and hope everyone has a wicked weekend :yay:

Going2BeThatGirl
05-10-2013, 11:51 AM
LoganandLivsMommy, I hope you continue to feel a bit more human ;) and a WHOLE LOT BETTER!!

vdander24, Yes, the support is great! I get motivated everyday from just reading about you all being motivated!!

belovedspirit, I was thinking about doing some type of fast. I need to get my system clean. I just feel like YUCK.

So today I am going out shopping and think I will start the Y, either a daily trip or a every other day thing. I'll start on Monday. I am hoping there are some member programs that overlap with the childcare. They have Turbo Kick, but its from 6-7pm and that overlaps with having the kids at home and doing dinner. We'll see. The kids are interested in doing Zumbatomics (Zumba for kids) and I think it will be great for all three kids, but especially our 8 yr old son.

belovedspirit
05-10-2013, 12:10 PM
belovedspirit It takes a lot of strength to do a juice fast! Good luck with the transition back. Was it to jumpstart weight loss? I know it is supposed to be cleansing, but it does weight loss as well. Fingers are officially crossed! :-)

Okay, so I was back to 262.8 today. I walked, and ate well early in the day, but then I had to log my spaghetti dinner! I know it is delicious, and really good on a budget, but even substituting turkey, for beef, and having only half my normal amount, it is still a calorie bomb! My sister has been doing this a little longer than me, so she was smart and saved calories for it. lesson learned for today!

Thank you! I started the juice fast out of curiosity and to try detoxing (to see if that was legit, what it meant, what it would feel like, etc.). It was definitely not weight loss intended, although my weight dropped fairly quickly as a result of juicing fasting. Now I'm transitioning back slowly as to avoid shocking my organs, lol. And also, I hope, to avoid a rapid rise in weight. :crossed:

I hope I fly on through! :) I had a hysterectomy Tuesday and now am starting to feel a bit more human again. Weighed myself and I am down 3 pounds since Tuesday. Part of that has to be the surgery itself and the pain pills-not eating much. With that said I am at 256.
My son graduates from HS on June 4th. I would love to be at 250 if possible then. ((AN EVEN 50 POUNDS in a year!!)) :carrot:

Hope we all fly through the pounds and get on to the next thread this summer!

I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well! :D Keep us posted on the weight loss. 50 lbs or anywhere near 50 lbs is amazing!! :carrot:

ME well I gained 3.5 lbs last night... from that cake on Wed the 8th. My old WW instructor always said that the weight would show up in 2 days and she was right :(...... But I am NOT going to quit.. NOT THIS TIME. I truly was on plan all day yesterday and will do it today.. I wish you all strength of will and mind today!

That's really interesting about the 2 days later.
I am a numbers nerd and I calculated the calories in 3.5 lbs... 3.5 extra lbs is 12,250 extra calories... so I wonder if some of it might be water, some stress/worry, some random fluctuation, etc. I will keep my fingers-crossed for you! Whatever it is, you can definitely knock it right off and keep on your merry way! :D

Woooo scale showed me a 263.8 today!!! Recovering from my little scale jump I think. Going to Boston Pizza for a work lunch today, that scale number has inspired me to have a big salad I think :D :D I haven't been logging my food the last few days, I am kinda curious to see if I can keep my food under control without logging it, it's an experiment I guess.

Happy Friday and hope everyone has a wicked weekend :yay:

:carrot: Yay Silverfire! What a great way to start a weekend!

belovedspirit, I was thinking about doing some type of fast. I need to get my system clean. I just feel like YUCK.

So today I am going out shopping and think I will start the Y, either a daily trip or a every other day thing. I'll start on Monday. I am hoping there are some member programs that overlap with the childcare. They have Turbo Kick, but its from 6-7pm and that overlaps with having the kids at home and doing dinner. We'll see. The kids are interested in doing Zumbatomics (Zumba for kids) and I think it will be great for all three kids, but especially our 8 yr old son.

I do feel much better after the fast. My tastebuds have chilled out, I have an appreciation for fresh juices and live nutrients, etc. Most importantly, I think about less healthy foods and think blegh. :)

Good luck with the exercise! :carrot:

belovedspirit
05-10-2013, 01:01 PM
265.5 lbs today. Scale is not budging down. ugh. But it also is not budging upwards. :) Still, I'd reeaaally like to see the 250s. lol

Mara
05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
I wonder if it's due to a time zone difference. Your post reads as 9:24am on my screen. I'm in the eastern time zone (north america), though. Could that be it?

Maybe...I am in central time zone (north america). I haven't seen it do it before. Oh well, chalk it up to gremlins.

Mara
05-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Happy Friday! Welcome to the new folks. :)

Hold strong wannaskipandlaugh! The cake is in the past and you are moving forward.

Great job silverfire!

Don't worry belovedspirit. That scale will be moving down before you know it.

vdander I love spaghetti! I have probelms with portion control on that one. lol

Hang in there everyone! Keep moving forward. (I just watched Meet the Robinsons on tv the other day and this is now stuck in my head. :)

ubergirl
05-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Bounce back to 265.2 this am. Out-of-town and REALLY hungry, but I'm hanging in there!

onagain1
05-10-2013, 06:31 PM
254.5 today! I feel fatter than ever, lol. Weight loss is weird. :)

Going2BeThatGirl
05-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Belovedspirit... I'm going to google how to go on a juice fast.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Hello all...

Beloved... I hope that the scale shows you LOVE this morning...

Mara thank you for your encouragment and yep.. PASSED that cake debacle lol I hope YOU are fantastic today!!

Silverfire... Its nice to see a drop on that nasty ole scale thingy :) I am very happy for you. You are heading down down down :)

Going 2be.... Let us know if you are going to do the juice fast... I am watching beloveds posts and like to see what it does to your bodies :) Healthier and Happier I am hoping,

Onagain... isn't it funny... sometimes you drop weight... but it doesn't feel like it... Strange?! but Yeah for you!!

loganandlivs mom.... are you doing okay today? No residual pain/tenderness? I sure do hope not... I hope your hormones are all set on a course too. I send you another :hug:

Ubergirl..... OUTTA Town is so hard and being hungry too... yikes its a double threat. I hope that you have fun and can find some healthy food that you can eat that makes you full but does not set you back anymore :) Have fun! that is what life is for!!

I am on my way to Disney World for my friend who wants to upgrade his annual Fla pass to a Fast pass annual pass (I guess you get to have 2 free fast passes a day since they are stopping that practise at the park) I am driving as his car is old and unreliable... but it gives me a chance to due walking tours of the "Boardwalk" area and go up and down hills.... Yeah.... I have to have strength as I would love an annual pass (had one for 4 years and it is so cool to go to Disney for 1-2 hours and then leave and not feel like you got your monies worth)... It is such a happy place and full of memories of lost loved ones.... Alittle choke Miss my sister... Oh well... But I get to walk and AVOID the BAKERY and the CANDY STORE and ESPN with their NACHOS argh... just fly by them a few times I hope....

HUGS to all you lovely, kind and vibrant people :) You rock my world!!

loganandlivsmom
05-11-2013, 10:45 AM
2 more pounds down! yay! pain pills and no appetite equals weight loss LOL

wannaskipandlaugh- thanks so much! 50 pounds has taken a year though. Still I am happy with it vs. losing in a few months and then gaining it all back just as fast (as I have done several times before). My pain is OK hardly even taking the pills a few days out. Still laying low not doing much. I am 44 so my doc kept my ovaries for the hormones. I had fibroids and it was out of control. Nothing we did really controlled them so surgery was the best and only real option.

Going2BeThatGirl- Thanks! I am feeling more and more human every day. Have to remind myself that healing is still going on and I have to rest anyway!

belovedspirit-thank you! feeling so much better! hope the scale drops soon for you!

hope everyone has a good weekend! :carrot:

belovedspirit
05-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Sure! Let me know how it goes for you and remember to be safe. :)

Don't worry belovedspirit. That scale will be moving down before you know it.

Thanks! :)

Bounce back to 265.2 this am. Out-of-town and REALLY hungry, but I'm hanging in there!

Oh, scales. They are so finicky. Good for you for hanging in! :carrot:

254.5 today! I feel fatter than ever, lol. Weight loss is weird. :)

lol definitely! you're so close to 250 though! whoa! :D

I am on my way to Disney World for my friend who wants to upgrade his annual Fla pass to a Fast pass annual pass (I guess you get to have 2 free fast passes a day since they are stopping that practise at the park) I am driving as his car is old and unreliable... but it gives me a chance to due walking tours of the "Boardwalk" area and go up and down hills.... Yeah.... I have to have strength as I would love an annual pass (had one for 4 years and it is so cool to go to Disney for 1-2 hours and then leave and not feel like you got your monies worth)... It is such a happy place and full of memories of lost loved ones.... Alittle choke Miss my sister... Oh well... But I get to walk and AVOID the BAKERY and the CANDY STORE and ESPN with their NACHOS argh... just fly by them a few times I hope....

HUGS to all you lovely, kind and vibrant people :) You rock my world!!

Oh that sounds like so much fun! :D

Thanks for the well wishes. :)
I found the juicing helped with a few things like cutting cravings for artificial sugar, most bread products (including the bread on pizza), and a bunch of other stuff. That stuff still tastes ok, but it just doesn't cut it to the taste of fresh fruit or veggies. It's like my body's been reset (at least for a while.. I plan to juice while I eat, so I'm hopeful that resetting will stay). My mind still craves things my weight loss mind doesn't want to ingest, but that's a whole other battle.

2 more pounds down! yay! pain pills and no appetite equals weight loss LOL

wannaskipandlaugh- thanks so much! 50 pounds has taken a year though. Still I am happy with it vs. losing in a few months and then gaining it all back just as fast (as I have done several times before). My pain is OK hardly even taking the pills a few days out. Still laying low not doing much. I am 44 so my doc kept my ovaries for the hormones. I had fibroids and it was out of control. Nothing we did really controlled them so surgery was the best and only real option.

Going2BeThatGirl- Thanks! I am feeling more and more human every day. Have to remind myself that healing is still going on and I have to rest anyway!

belovedspirit-thank you! feeling so much better! hope the scale drops soon for you!

hope everyone has a good weekend! :carrot:

I'm very glad to hear your pain levels are manageable! :D

So, my scale did a huge jump between last night and this morning. I ate a lot last night (a lot to my recently fasting body), and the scale definitely jumped up to 270.1 lbs. I'm not all that worried, as a 5 lbs rise is apparently typical once solids are introduced, and I know not all of that is genuine weight gain (most of it isn't, I imagine). Plus, I can take it off very quickly. I don't know where the optimism is coming from, but hey I'll take it. ;)

onagain1
05-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Weight is the same today.

Can I vent a little? I just had a total "did you just REALLY say that" moment! My aunt says to me, "You know you've lost weight. But do you know where you've really lost it? Your boobs."

Um, thanks? What the ****? Is that supposed to be a compliment? It's not like I have huge boobs to begin with, and I would be happy to be losing them. I let myself have like two minutes of self doubt, thinking "OMG my boobs are disappearing. They are going to be little flat pancakes, and I'm terrified of having any sort of surgery so I'm just going to have to deal with it." And then I thought, "Screw it. I'm not letting this ruin my day." So I put on a shirt that hasn't fit in forever, and I'm going to run some errands. But I had just had to get it out there, so I can leave it behind. LOL! Really!

belovedspirit
05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Weight is the same today.

Can I vent a little? I just had a total "did you just REALLY say that" moment! My aunt says to me, "You know you've lost weight. But do you know where you've really lost it? Your boobs."

Um, thanks? What the ****? Is that supposed to be a compliment? It's not like I have huge boobs to begin with, and I would be happy to be losing them. I let myself have like two minutes of self doubt, thinking "OMG my boobs are disappearing. They are going to be little flat pancakes, and I'm terrified of having any sort of surgery so I'm just going to have to deal with it." And then I thought, "Screw it. I'm not letting this ruin my day." So I put on a shirt that hasn't fit in forever, and I'm going to run some errands. But I had just had to get it out there, so I can leave it behind. LOL! Really!

I don't know what she meant by that. :dizzy: Sadly, people say stupid things all the time. BUT good for you! I'm learning to leave them behind, too. Probably one of the best things we can do for ourselves! :D What does the shirt look like?

P.S. I'm sure the scale will budge soon! Keep up your great work! :carrot:

belovedspirit
05-11-2013, 03:40 PM

I just came across this (in my youtube feed, how convenient! lol). There are a couple of great tips in the video about juicing that I found helpful :): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XdMtaig1E

wannaskipandlaugh
05-11-2013, 10:49 PM
OH Onagain..... Things that people say Geesh.... I wonder when your Aunt lost weight that her boobs were the 1st to go too (I start at the top and lose up there first and the *ss last sigh) and maybe she said that outloud while she was thinking???? If not... LORD what was she thinking? LOL Well you will not lose all of them and that is the truth... and good for you to pull yourself up and get outta the house and do something fun/good? I sure hope so... People really do say the Darndest things... and its adults not kids........

You are kicking butt tho and good for you!

Teagan
05-11-2013, 11:46 PM
I hit 254.4 today...I'm looking forward to the 40s.

I realized today that I've lost the same weight as my 18 pound nephew weighs. It felt great picking him up and realizing that I'm no longer carrying that amount on me all of the time. Small victories!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Teagan... Good for you and yes Its nice to see and feel what we have lost
Good for you!

I have lost alllllll that darn Cake weight I gained and lost an extra 1/2 too boot... So happy... So carbs take me 5 days to get rid of.... I have a note on my wall so I don't forget and get all "bent outta shape" if it happens again LOL

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you who are mothers, going to be mothers and (like me) mother to wonderful pets!! Mothers are the BEST!!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-12-2013, 07:58 PM
BelovedSpirit... I looked up buying the Juice Fast from some company and it was $60 a day. LOL I def can't afford that. There is a section at Whole Foods, I'm going to checkout, but I'm def going to do this. I love eating fruits and veggies, but with 4 kids, someone is always complaining.

I'm really wanting to do this... I finally have my mom on board to workout with me. Now to get this going will be even better.

I'm up 2 lbs, but I have been having dinner out the past 3 days. No excuse, but still.

onagain1
05-12-2013, 09:25 PM
254.0 for me. I have the 240's in my sights!

Hope everyone has a great, successful week.

smashlers
05-12-2013, 10:11 PM
onagain I am a little taller than you, but it looks like we are about the same start weight and current weight. I love it when that happens on here!

I weighed in on Thursday and was at 251.6. Pretty darn close to a new decade thread. I am excited to be in a thread that is only one decade instead of two. Does anyone else feel like they've been the 260s-250s for SO LONG!?!?!

Mara
05-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi everyone! Didn't get a chance to post yesterday's weigh in. 261.8 :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

ubergirl
05-13-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm not at home, but I jumped on a scale with my clothes on and it said 264, so I'm probably going down! I hope I'll be posting a loss when I way in after I get home. Also, I met my first mini-goal of 30 straight days on plan!!!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-13-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm done 1lb, but still up 1lb, from where I started. Oh well.

I started the gym today. I just went today to try and see if my 2 yr old would do ok. They have childcare up to 2 hours, certain times a day. He did great, after the initial dropping him off. The gym doesn't do any type of towels, so I'll need to take one for a shower tomorrow.

I'm going to google routines or whatever, just to get an idea of what I should do. This is all new to me.

I'm just beyond tired now, but I fixed baked diced potatoes with a little salt and pepper for the next 4 days. So this afternoon for lunch, I had my breakfast, which was 2 slices of canadian bacon, 3 egg whites and a cup of potatoes (with a bottled water).

joefla70
05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
My weight loss has been odd for the past couple of months. After having consistent, weekly losses, it seems that I now stay the same (or have a modest loss) for a week or two, and then BAM! --- a loss of 5-7 pounds in the span few days will suddenly show on the scale. At the beginning of this week I was 265.7 ... and I was stuck at that weight from Sunday to Wednesday. Then, all of a sudden starting on Thursday, each morning I got on the scale my weight went down a pound or more. Yesterday morning I was at 260.7. Then, this morning, I was 260! I know the title of this tread is "flying thru the 260s and 250s" and I'm happy to do it. Its just weird to do all of the "flying" in such a short time, and remain "flightless" the rest of the time! It has taken an a big adjustment to get used to stuff like this.

belovedspirit
05-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Teagan... Good for you and yes Its nice to see and feel what we have lost
Good for you!

I have lost alllllll that darn Cake weight I gained and lost an extra 1/2 too boot... So happy... So carbs take me 5 days to get rid of.... I have a note on my wall so I don't forget and get all "bent outta shape" if it happens again LOL

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you who are mothers, going to be mothers and (like me) mother to wonderful pets!! Mothers are the BEST!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :carrot: :D

BelovedSpirit... I looked up buying the Juice Fast from some company and it was $60 a day. LOL I def can't afford that. There is a section at Whole Foods, I'm going to checkout, but I'm def going to do this. I love eating fruits and veggies, but with 4 kids, someone is always complaining.

I'm really wanting to do this... I finally have my mom on board to workout with me. Now to get this going will be even better.

I'm up 2 lbs, but I have been having dinner out the past 3 days. No excuse, but still.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by the "Juice Fast".. is that a product? I do totally understand budgetary concerns. There are so many ways to approach weight loss. I'm sure you can do something else and your body will be gloriously thanking you for it without popping your wallet! Definitely do what works for YOU. :D

254.0 for me. I have the 240's in my sights!

Hope everyone has a great, successful week.

Thank you and :woohoo:! Congrats to you! :D:carrot:

onagain I am a little taller than you, but it looks like we are about the same start weight and current weight. I love it when that happens on here!

I weighed in on Thursday and was at 251.6. Pretty darn close to a new decade thread. I am excited to be in a thread that is only one decade instead of two. Does anyone else feel like they've been the 260s-250s for SO LONG!?!?!

Yay! :woohoo: I know that feeling. Yep.

Hi everyone! Didn't get a chance to post yesterday's weigh in. 261.8 :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hope that's a happy number for you! Have a great week. :)

I'm not at home, but I jumped on a scale with my clothes on and it said 264, so I'm probably going down! I hope I'll be posting a loss when I way in after I get home. Also, I met my first mini-goal of 30 straight days on plan!!!

Yay!!! :D :yay:

I'm done 1lb, but still up 1lb, from where I started. Oh well.

I started the gym today. I just went today to try and see if my 2 yr old would do ok. They have childcare up to 2 hours, certain times a day. He did great, after the initial dropping him off. The gym doesn't do any type of towels, so I'll need to take one for a shower tomorrow.

I'm going to google routines or whatever, just to get an idea of what I should do. This is all new to me.

I'm just beyond tired now, but I fixed baked diced potatoes with a little salt and pepper for the next 4 days. So this afternoon for lunch, I had my breakfast, which was 2 slices of canadian bacon, 3 egg whites and a cup of potatoes (with a bottled water).

I just thought I'd let you know how in awe I am of you doing this while having young kids. I hope you're really proud of yourself! :D
Have fun experimenting at the gym! What kind of fitness routine are you aiming for? Would these videos be of any help? (3rd set of videos down, 40 fitness videos) http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fitness/MY00396/TAB=multimedia

My weight loss has been odd for the past couple of months. After having consistent, weekly losses, it seems that I now stay the same (or have a modest loss) for a week or two, and then BAM! --- a loss of 5-7 pounds in the span few days will suddenly show on the scale. At the beginning of this week I was 265.7 ... and I was stuck at that weight from Sunday to Wednesday. Then, all of a sudden starting on Thursday, each morning I got on the scale my weight went down a pound or more. Yesterday morning I was at 260.7. Then, this morning, I was 260! I know the title of this tread is "flying thru the 260s and 250s" and I'm happy to do it. Its just weird to do all of the "flying" in such a short time, and remain "flightless" the rest of the time! It has taken an a big adjustment to get used to stuff like this.
Wow, Joe. That's really interesting! I'm glad you get the whoosh, after all of that waiting. :) Congrats for staying on track, too!

Mara
05-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Belovedspirit it is a happy number. Finally moving down again. :)

Joe that is an awesome woosh!

vdander24
05-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful mothers day. I went out of town for a couple of days, sans technology. I am at 262.2 which is pretty good for a weekend in Solvang. (Danish community, with LOTS of pastries to be had) Remarkably, I enjoyed, without going overboard. We will see what the scale looks like tomorrow. I really hadn't heard about it taking a couple days to show up on the scale. I just wanted to check in before getting homework done. It looks like everyone is doing really well. Have a great night everyone!

onagain1
05-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Well, I have had a bit of a whoosh. I didn't post it yesterday, because I honestly thought it was a fluke. But apparently not, because yesterday and today I weighed 251.5. I was shocked. But happy shocked. :)

loganandlivsmom
05-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Down .4 since Saturday's check in. :)
Which is amazing since I had Mother's Day lunch at my mom's house. Cheese lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and a brownie with ice cream!!!! :o I knew ahead the plan for lunch was so had a small breakfast and had a small dinner to balance that out. Now I am 3.6 away from 50 pounds. My son's graduation is 3 weeks today. I feel cautiously optimistic that I will make the graduation goal!!

onagain1- woo hoo! I love when the whoosh is not a fluke!!! You are almost "outta here" on this thread.

vdander24- good luck with your weigh in!

Teagan- I do a similar thing too. When I lose x amount of weight I will try to pick that amount up in a bag of dog food and can hardly do it! It's an amazing feeling!

good luck everyone! Summer will be here before we know it.

Mara
05-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Almost outta here onagain! Way to go!!!

Loganandlivsmom you can do it. I believe you will meet your goal no problem. :)

Going2BeThatGirl
05-14-2013, 01:32 PM
belovedspirit- I have TurboFire dvd's, but for some reason, I just don't get motivated enough to do them. There's alwasys something going on, something in the floor, a mess to clean up, laundry to be done... I guess going to the gym is an excuse to get out of the house and such.

We are going to the gym tonight for some kids things and then maybe a half an hour of swimming for the kids. We shall see.

I know this is something I want to do, but with 4 kids, one of which is 3, is just hard to stay on track :)

Going2BeThatGirl
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by the "Juice Fast".. is that a product? I do totally understand budgetary concerns. There are so many ways to approach weight loss. I'm sure you can do something else and your body will be gloriously thanking you for it without popping your wallet! Definitely do what works for YOU. :D

It was the brand. There are many brands out there, but it was just one that I found on Google.

I'm really interested, so I'm going to do some more research and then do it. Our Whole Foods in an hour away, so I have to make that trip over the weekend.

OH, I did find a recipe for a Green Smoothie that sounds great. I'm going to start that next week as well.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Hello all and YEAH its not Monday LOL I hope you all are doing well.... I had a great day today... Nice customers at work and walked alot yeah.. I need to get back into that swing (exercise) again..

:woohoo: and a :D to Onagain and loganandlivsmom, Teagan and Smaslers...... Goodness by next week, you both will be in the next thread... Please please please take us all with you both :) I am so motivated to get to where you both are... I wanna I wanna :) Maybe I will be able to skip at that weight?! I sure am hoping.

Vdander I have heard of Solvang.. My Aunt lived in San Jose along time and she did talk about that place. OH when a town is noted for something.. that is temptation 100X fold. If you only ate alittle you are one strong person. I hope the scale rewards you!

Beloved,Mara, Going2be, Joefla, and Ubergirl gosh we 6 are so close to the 250's so we need to enter that decade really soon.... I know we can and then some real happy campers will be heard here. (US) ( I hope I did not leave anyone out.. I am sorry if I did)

Beautiful night here in Fla. It is upper 70s and dry ahhhhh My poor parents are freezing in Quebec City (tho I hear it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world) and their blood is really thin (older too) But I hear that there is a BIGTIME warmup for the northern states.. Oh I hope it just feels good on your skin.. Summer is coming.

Onto Hump Day tomorrow and closer to Friday Yipee Skipee lol

Mara
05-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Wannaskipandlaugh, hopefully the next is right around the bend for all of us! :D

ubergirl
05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Wannaskipandlaugh, hopefully the next is right around the bend for all of us! :D

Yup! Down to 263 today in spite of 5 days of travel and restaurant meals! And I should still shed a pound or two of water weight from the airplane!
Let's keep on going!

And congrats to the ladies who will be leaving us soon!

Mara
05-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Congrats Ubergirl!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Wannaskip- We can do this!!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Gosh... I am going to make that scale go down tomorrow... YES I deserve it :) I really do... Been drinking more water and walking more :) even climbed some steps (huffing and puffing on the top landing LOL)

I wish good news tomorrow for us all!! Its almost Friday :lol:

Going2BeThatGirl
05-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Welp, I'm down to 261.8!!!!!!!

joefla70
05-15-2013, 11:01 PM
My "whoosh" bounced back up! I don't know what's up with that, but I'm back up to 264!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-15-2013, 11:09 PM
My "whoosh" bounced back up! I don't know what's up with that, but I'm back up to 264!

I was right there two days ago!! I don't know what happened to the 3 lbs I lost, but I'm sure you'll get those lbs off in no time :)

Keep your head up!!

joefla70
05-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I was right there two days ago!! I don't know what happened to the 3 lbs I lost, but I'm sure you'll get those lbs off in no time :)

Keep your head up!!

Thanks, GBTG. I will. I've learned long ago that this happens, so I don't let it drive me crazy. :)

vdander24
05-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Hi ladies... I am at 265 today, so hanging. not really going up or down. I am not surprised, though. I have been sneaking way too many little "snacks" that are adding up, and not recording the way I should be. You would think that since this is really about me against my body that there would be no need to sneak. ... Crazy.
I knew this was psychological as well as physical.... I just never imagined how much. THAT is why it takes so much strength to do this. I have to battle the five year old inside of me ALL the time! It's like having a toddler to look after... and I gotta tell you...she is STUBBORN!
One day at a time,, right.

On a positive note... it is great to see that persistence pays off! I am so glad for all of you who are continuing to drop the weight and stay on plan. Congrats and keep up the good work everyone!

Waterdog2442
05-16-2013, 04:28 AM
I had my 4th weigh-in on Tuesday and dropped another 5lbs. Which means that I lost 23.4 lbs in a month. I know it wont stay that high, but it is encouraging to keep going. So now I am down to 248.8 from 272.2. WOW!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-16-2013, 08:34 AM
:congrat: watergirl Wow good for you. That is alot of weight lost in a month :) Woo Hoo So are you saying goodbye and going to the 240's thread? PLEASE take us with you!!

Joefl... I am sorry that the Bounce back happened... Did you eat something salty or not right? I had 1 piece of cake and gained 3 1/2 lbs the 2nd day (for some reason it takes 2 days to show up on my scale). I know that its 99% water for you and will go away :) It sure will

Vdander... That little voice (ego) that tells us... gosh you like that.. alittle won't hurt --- tries to control us--- and it does aggravate and tempt us too much sometimes. But if it is just too powerful you can always get back on plan and keep moving forward.

Hope everyone is having a good day...... Beloved? Doing okay? Haven't seen a post for a day or two from you... Just checking..

I AM HAPPY down 1 lb last night yeah... I hope (and know) it will continue woo hoo... Maybe 250's next week for me OH YEAH (deep voice) lol

loganandlivsmom
05-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Yesterday I weighed myself and I was down 2 lbs for no obvious reason. I checked today and it was back! Glad I waited and didn't post my whoosh! LOL I am learning patience through this weight loss experience.

Waterdog2442-those are super amazing numbers! I hope you don't get disappointed when you start seeing just one or two pound losses in a week. (which is still great).

vdander24-keep hanging in there. I think I am just starting to realize that weight loss has a lot to do with our mental outlook on it. What makes it click to want to lose weight? what makes us keep trying after not losing? it's hard mental work sometimes!!

joefla70-you have done so well! I know you must be so happy with yourself!

wannaskipandlaugh-thanks! :)

Mara-thanks! I sure hope so!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Thanks, GBTG. I will. I've learned long ago that this happens, so I don't let it drive me crazy. :)

I have a feeling I'll end up gaining some of the 3 lbs back.

I joined WW yesterday, so I have so many points in day... but I think I'll end up having an issue with tracking. I can never remember to write things down!

vdander24- Um, I with you in the sneaking snacks club. I guess I really didn't notice, until I wasn't sneaking and my mom had said something. It was Lays Chips and Nutter Butter minis. Look the kids get them, so why can't I have like a handful of chips and a handful of Nutter Butters? BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO DROP WEIGHT! That's what I need to keep telling myself.

Waterdog- I'm so jealous!!! Congrats and keep up with the GREAT work!

I am going to have to start drinking more water. I just can't seem to do it... shouldn't be that hard :)

I hope everyone has a good day... I'm about to send our 2 yr old (almost 3 yr old *as his dad corrects me now) out the door. He is driving me nuts and he has only been up for an hour. LOL

ubergirl
05-16-2013, 10:57 AM

Keep your head up!!

Yikes! That happens to me a lot too! For me, tracking daily helps me get around the fact that I'm going to fluctuate, but even so, it's never fun.

Waterdog, that is a stunning amount of loss!

vdander: so true about weight loss being mental. If only we could figure out WHY our "mental" works better at some times than at others. For me, a lot has to do with how much else I have on my plate. Lots of stress, tension, and too busy makes it much harder to focus on my food behavior.

wandaskipaugh congrats on the 1 lb down!

I'm still 263, but I did see 262.8 flash on the scale! Hanging in there.

joefla70
05-16-2013, 12:01 PM
I have a feeling I'll end up gaining some of the 3 lbs back.

I joined WW yesterday, so I have so many points in day... but I think I'll end up having an issue with tracking. I can never remember to write things down!

vdander24- Um, I with you in the sneaking snacks club. I guess I really didn't notice, until I wasn't sneaking and my mom had said something. It was Lays Chips and Nutter Butter minis. Look the kids get them, so why can't I have like a handful of chips and a handful of Nutter Butters? BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO DROP WEIGHT! That's what I need to keep telling myself.

Waterdog- I'm so jealous!!! Congrats and keep up with the GREAT work!

I am going to have to start drinking more water. I just can't seem to do it... shouldn't be that hard :)

I hope everyone has a good day... I'm about to send our 2 yr old (almost 3 yr old *as his dad corrects me now) out the door. He is driving me nuts and he has only been up for an hour. LOL

I don't know what caused my small bounce back, but I know what made it worse! I've been a little off my plan the past couple of days - especially yesterday. Sometimes I get frustrated when the numbers on the scale don't go down and once in a while it will give me a momentary defeatist attitude for that day which will prompt me to "take that day off" - to a limited extent. I mean, I won't eat fast food or junk food. But, when this happens I find myself eating a larger quantity of my on-plan foods. The last couple of nights I sorta "binged" on my on-plan foods and ate several portions of several different foods (when I should have just had one portion of one food). I guess my attitude is that if the scale is not going to go down, and is going up when I'm being so good --- why be good today? Why not just eat how much I want to eat? Well, obviously the flaw in that logic isn't too difficult to see once my temporary bout of insanity passes.

P.S. I have an almost 3 year old as well. He turns 3 on May 25. Yesterday I was home from work because my 8 year old had ear tubes put in (for the 3rd time!). That is probably part of the reason for my bad eating yesterday. I was out of my routine.

Going2BeThatGirl
05-16-2013, 01:09 PM
P.S. I have an almost 3 year old as well. He turns 3 on May 25. Yesterday I was home from work because my 8 year old had ear tubes put in (for the 3rd time!). That is probably part of the reason for my bad eating yesterday. I was out of my routine.

Ours will be 3 on the 14th next month. My birthday is on the 23rd of this month, so I'll be 28!

Our 8 yr old has had tubes once and hopefully he won't have to have them put in again. So has our twin 7 yr olds!

Our (almost 3) LOL yr old had tubes put in for the first time *which was WAY overdue* in December.

Hope it all comes down soon for you! I know how it goes!!!

ubergirl
05-16-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't know what caused my small bounce back...

I don't know if you all will find this helpful or not, but it's something that has helped me quit a bit. I have a Tanita scale that measures not just weight, but also percent water and percent body fat.

I don't think the body fat percentage is all that helpful. When I've had mine measured by a nutritionist, my real percentage was somewhat lower than what the scale said:

But what I really like about it is that it shows me when I've gained water weight, and also, when a weight drop is likely due to dehydration, and will likely bounce up as soon as I get rehydrated.

It's just a teeny psychological boost for me when I know I've been on plan and I see the scale go up 2-3 pounds, to also be able to see the shift in water weight/fat percentage. By the same token, when I lose because I'm dehydrated, I can expect that the loss will bounce away as soon as I get rehydrated.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested.

joefla70
05-16-2013, 03:32 PM
That's interesting. I mean, I know that when I have a gain of several pounds from one day to the next, its about the water. I mean, there is no way that I'm going to lose or put on that many pounds in one day! The trick is trying to figure out how much is attributable to water and how much is fat. Does your scale do that?

Going2BeThatGirl
05-16-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm on my cell, so hopefully this works.

I weighed myself before my shower tonight and it said I was at 257.8. I'll do it again in the am, as I highly doubt its right. Scale has a mind of its own.

ubergirl
05-17-2013, 12:06 AM
That's interesting. I mean, I know that when I have a gain of several pounds from one day to the next, its about the water. I mean, there is no way that I'm going to lose or put on that many pounds in one day! The trick is trying to figure out how much is attributable to water and how much is fat. Does your scale do that?

Basically, the scale gives you three numbers. Water weight/Body Fat/ and weight. When water weight is up, the water percentage goes up and the body fat percentage goes down. When you're dehydrated, water percentage goes down and body fat percent goes up. Normally, I'm about 40% body fat (yikes!) so if my weight has bounced up two or three pounds and my body fat is down to 32% or so, I know that I've gained water weight. It doesn't give a super precise measure, but if you weigh daily you can pretty much tell when a gain or loss is water related.

loganandlivsmom
05-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Was down two for no reason and then it came back. Today I weighed in and was down 1.8 pounds!! YEAH!! WOO HOO!! :hat:

have a good weekend everyone! I have a crazy one planned. I have my daughter's dress rehearsal Saturday (or her Sunday dance recital), a baby shower, my daughter is going to a birthday party Saturday night and then the recital is Sunday! :o

RitzyFritz
05-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Way to go, loganandlivsmom!! :cp:

I thought I would join this group since I'm in the 250s. Here's wishing us all a speedy trip through these numbers and into the 240s! :)

Mara
05-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Yay loganandlivsmom!

Welcome RitzyFritz!

I am hoping for 259 tomorrow. I've set Saturdays as my offical weigh in day. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Going2BeThatGirl
05-17-2013, 01:04 PM
YAY loganandlivsmom!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

vdander24
05-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone! At 262 today. So after two weeks, I am officially in the lower 60's. I am still working out a plan for getting healthy long-term, but at least its a start.
Sue, BelovedSpirit, NGTBTG, Mara, Ubergirl, and everyone else. You all have been so awesome! Congratulations on all your victories, both big and small.
Everyone here is making it happen, and I am determined to head to the next thread with you. So I am going to challenge myself to get there by the 4th of July. That will give me about 7 weeks. . It will give me a chance to get a plan up and running. Since my only rules were 1. be brutally honest and 2. dont quit, I cant really go wrong, can I ?

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay on Plan, and stick with it!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Vdander.... I am so happy that your scale rewarded you :) I am down to 263 today.. so just 1 lb behind you... lets do this together... How about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs a week? Maybe drink alittle more water a day? Just checking in? I sure could use a push too. :) I am alittle down today as my friend hurt my feelings yesterday sigh. forgetting that I had invited him over... he went out with other people for dinner and proceeded to tell me all about it. I talked over his description and told him to have a wonderful night and hung up... Just makes me sad as even at 55 yrs old friends still play games and favorites :(..... So alittle down today... Last day (of more than 2 weeks) of taking care of my parents cats and house as they will be home tonight. So now I can get back to walking at night again :)

I hope that everyone has a really nice day and that noone that is important to them dissappoints you all today. Just love and hugs!

ubergirl
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Yay, logandivsmom! Welcome RitzyFritz! Vdander, I think your rules are awesome! I don't see how you can go wrong! It's funny how hard it can be to be honest with ourselves!!!

Wandaskipaugh I'm also at 263. Been hanging here since Tuesday. I don't think I've been quite as tight on my plan. Lot going on right now and I think I've eaten something like 10 or 15 restaurant meals in the past week which never helps.

I'm doubling down today, and also watching salt.

I'm setting a mini-goal to get to 259. 259 was what I weighed when I finally got the courage to step back on the scale after going on a six month binge-fest that led to my big regain. I have never gotten below 262 since.

Once I get back to 259, I'll be working on losing the weight that I gained during "the big gain..." I gained it in six months, and maybe, with a lot of discipline, I can lose it in 6 months too (I doubt it, but hey, you never know!!!)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Ubergirl... We are with you! and know that you can do it :) I am hoping for 6/1 to be on the verge if not 259 How does that date work for you?

Lets do it!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-18-2013, 12:02 PM
vdander- GREAT JOB! You can get there, we all know you can. It will take time and in the end, I hope you give us a picture of the smile that will be on your face :)

Wannaskip- I know what you mean about just checking in. I feel like I have to be more accountable to myself and you all now. It makes this goal a lot more reachable in my mind now :)

ubergirl
05-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Ubergirl... We are with you! and know that you can do it :) I am hoping for 6/1 to be on the verge if not 259 How does that date work for you?

Lets do it!

Ugh. I'm leaving for a big two week trip on May 24th. Already super worried about how I'm going to manage food, and I'll be away from my scale. Was thinking maybe I'd get a big ole whoosh and see 159 before I leave, but I guess that's not super likely...but I'll be with you in spirit trying to hit 259 by June 1, how's that?

joefla70
05-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Ugh. I'm leaving for a big two week trip on May 24th. Already super worried about how I'm going to manage food, and I'll be away from my scale. Was thinking maybe I'd get a big ole whoosh and see 159 before I leave, but I guess that's not super likely...but I'll be with you in spirit trying to hit 259 by June 1, how's that?

Another 3FC member (IanG) travels with a "travel scale" that he swears by (until the airlines lose his luggage and then he swears at them). But anyway, maybe you can bring one of those?

RitzyFritz
05-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Good morning! I trust everyone is moving on down the scales as they wish to be. I had another small victory there as well myself and will soon be in the 240s. Thank goodness! I just find myself getting really impatient this time around. I guess because I remember what it felt like to have it all off, and I'm anxious to get there again. I know it will take some time, but I'm still getting that antsy feeling to have it done already! :D Here's wishing you all great success this coming week!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-18-2013, 06:09 PM
vdander- GREAT JOB! You can get there, we all know you can. It will take time and in the end, I hope you give us a picture of the smile that will be on your face :)

Wannaskip- I know what you mean about just checking in. I feel like I have to be more accountable to myself and you all now. It makes this goal a lot more reachable in my mind now :)

G2B... You are even closer to that new decade by a lb or 2... so we are following you... but please... lets all do do it :) (do do lolololol) I know that you will reach it within days if not tomorrow... We jsut gotta state it!

I actually feel thinner today... I haven't felt that way in a LONG time... Maybe that means something or maybe I am just lighter in my soul too :)

Lets Get R Done and now time to harrass JoeFla :)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-18-2013, 06:14 PM
and JOE Lord you are just hovering on the new decade right?! We need to get there all together... maybe 1 of us each day... You first.... . It will be too cool when we all invade the 240's thread (oh the thrill of that weight) in a few weeks and scare those posters there with our army of wonderful (weight loss losers) people :) I hope you see good news tomorrow on that scale... :)
NOTE: I don't know if anyone in your family likes Orchids... but they are having an international (its annual) sale in the Homestead area (Redlands Fruit and Spice park) Off of Coconut way (I think its 248th street) West of Krome Ave,,,, Lots and lots of wonderful orchids from all over the world. Just putting that out there.. :)

onagain1
05-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Well, after whooshing down to 251 the scale said 253 yesterday. I was like, "What?!"

Today, however, the scale said 249.5!!!! Guess I'll be moving down to the other thread. You guys better be joining me there soon! :) I'll still check in and lurk here. I still read the 270/280 thread, lol!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-19-2013, 09:22 AM
onagain1- WHOOHOOO!!!! Work it!!! We're all so proud of you!!!

Now to get someone else over to that new thread ;)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Well, after whooshing down to 251 the scale said 253 yesterday. I was like, "What?!"

Today, however, the scale said 249.5!!!! Guess I'll be moving down to the other thread. You guys better be joining me there soon! :) I'll still check in and lurk here. I still read the 270/280 thread, lol!

Onagain :woohoo: ... and .... :congrat: to you!! I am so happy happy for you!

How do you feel? Lighter than air? :) Oh send some of that Swoosh Fairy dust our way :) We all want to join you!! So happy!!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Beloved??? Where are you... We miss you.. Hope you are doing well after your Juice Fast. Please check in. If you have had a bad day.. we send you HUGS!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Having a bad day..- Up another lb for NO REASON).. but I am not going to let that scale get me down.... WON'T EAT THE BAD STUFF even tho I just feel like it... Gotta be strong. That extra 1 1/2 lb over the last 2 days will go away. I was just hoping for a happy weigh in this morning. I wanted to hit 260 by the end of the month... Oh well... Just do my best and try and not get tooo discouraged... Because of my icky weigh in.. that means someone had a Wonderful weigh in (the way the world works - evens out) Tell me its YOU!

RitzyFritz
05-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Having a bad day..- Up another lb for NO REASON).. but I am not going to let that scale get me down.... WON'T EAT THE BAD STUFF even tho I just feel like it... Gotta be strong. That extra 1 1/2 lb over the last 2 days will go away. I was just hoping for a happy weigh in this morning. I wanted to hit 260 by the end of the month... Oh well... Just do my best and try and not get tooo discouraged... Because of my icky weigh in.. that means someone had a Wonderful weigh in (the way the world works - evens out) Tell me its YOU!

Don't give up on yourself! I had a small up-tick this morning, too, but that is the nature of the beast - ups and downs according to the scale. But, the real success here is that you aren't letting it dictate to you what you will do! You have the right plan to keep doing what you know you need to do, and to me that is a win! Keep on keeping on!! We will get to goal if we just keep putting one foot in front of the other and take one bite at a time. :hug:

Mara
05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
That is awesome onagain!!!

Hang in there wannaskipandlaugh. The scale will be moving in your favor in no time.

My weight on Saturday was 260. Had hoped for 259, but a loss is a loss. :)

ubergirl
05-20-2013, 10:40 AM

Congratulations oneagain Waving goodbye, and hope to see you in the next thread, although I won't be there for a good long while I expect!!!

So sorry! Bad weigh ins always suck, even if weknow that it's just water weight and will melt away. Just stick with it!!!!! You will see that scale drop soon, and today will be forgotten! When I have a bad scale day, I really do a lot of "head work" repeating over and over to myself "it's only temporary.. it's not real..." Seems to help me, but I still get bummed every single time.

Am happy to report that I dropped to 262 (even) this am and even saw 261 flicker for a sec. I think I'm still a little bloated from yesterday, so maybe I'll still even drop a bit more tomorrow!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-20-2013, 01:16 PM
So my scale says 258.6 this morning.

I am going to admit that I slipped last night. I'm on WW and I had points left, but its the principle of the matter. I had a Coca Cola 16.9 oz bottle. I drank all of my water and I have a thing about water from the tap. UGH! I regret it and I will be making sure my husband picks up water from Whole Foods today.

I have been drinking about 50+ oz of water a day, which is amazing since I don't like water at all. I've also been on the Salad for a Week Challenge and that is going great!

loganandlivsmom
05-20-2013, 08:09 PM
I am down a few, up a few now, for no real reason. For some reason I am not letting it get to me and I hang in there and count my calories and trust again that it's going to go down once again!

onagain1 congrats!! :carrot:

thanks for all the congrats! hopefully soon I will have better news to report!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Thank you RitzyFritz, Mara and Ubergirl.... You made my day and made me feel better...... Sometimes the mind just wants to twist the knife into your soul and tell you ha ha ha.... lose weight Not a chance... But I know that I was on plan and did not overeat... So the weight will go down... sometime and as long as I know that I am doing it the right way... well that is the best I can do :) Thank you all my Guardian Angels!

RitzyFritz
05-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Hey there, friends. I didn't stick to plan yesterday as I am near the area where the tornadoes ravaged Oklahoma, and with the nerves and anxiety that came along with all that, I chose immediate food choices in front of me rather than waiting until I could get to better. So, there was an up-tick in my numbers today rather than a loss. But, I feel I am back on track today and am still hoping to be to the 240s real soon. Cheers to all who are staying on plan and getting through these numbers!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Ritzy ARE you ok? Is everyone you know safe and sound? I hurt so badly for that area. I have said so many prayers for the unfound people to be safe and know that someone will find and rescue them. Oh gosh.. the horror and it is worse than any horror movie ever made and as bad as Jopin 2 years ago. I am so so so sorry... I send you hugs and please pass along as many hugs as you can to the people who need it.

Major catastrophies just make our survival instinct kick in I think. When the hurricanes came over my house in early 2000's I ate M&M's like crazy... stuffing my face.. Chocolate, Sugar craving (energy to replace the anxiety that was burning calories) and we store food not knowing if we are going to survive the catastrophy happening so we store energy just in case. So its very understandable why you did what you did! Hugs to you!

ubergirl
05-21-2013, 10:28 AM
RitzyFritz I'm happy to hear you are safe, but so sorry that you are so close to the catastrophe. From afar, it is heartbreaking, and I can imagine that being nearby was frightening and awful!!!! I agree with Wandaskipaugh. It's hard to react normally in a situation like that. Survival instinct kicks in. Stay safe!!

I went slightly over calories yesterday-- I added a yogurt after dinner because I was so hungry. It was a planned decision, so I was okay with it.

Happy to report that this am I saw 261.8. Just 2 lbs and I'll be under 260! Shooting for that next mini-goal of 259.

RitzyFritz
05-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Thank you, wannaskipandlaugh and ubergirl! All my home/vehicles got was hail/wind damage. My sister-in-law was a teacher at one of the schools that was hit. Those were some long moments of anxiety waiting to hear if she was okay. Miraculously, she survived, but it was a very traumatic experience for her - especially since her family and my family survived the 5/3/99 tornado!! We actually narrowly missed the tornadoes that came through our area Sunday as well. We were driving on the turnpike and would have driven right into it if we hadn't remembered there was to be bad weather and turned on the radio in time to make a detour. So.....my nerves have definitely been stretched pretty thin the last few days. The devastation is unbelievable. What you see on the news is bad, but being there in person is totally different. Thank you so much for your kind words and any prayers that are sent up for these people. There are a LOT of hurting folks around here right now, and I know they all appreciate any and all thoughts and prayers for them today. Blessings to you all. HUG your family today! We just never know what we may face during the day.

Going2BeThatGirl
05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm having an overall bad day! I have a very short fuse and it's hopefully the last day of TOM.

I feel like I've gained 20 lbs, but in reality just 1, I think. I'm just not feeling very well and all that stuff.

Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow or my ticker will be going up, instead of down.

RitzyFritz
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Going2BeThatGirl: Here's a :hug: for you! I know exactly how you feel, and here are some positive thoughts and strength coming your way. :flow1: :goodvibes:

wannaskipandlaugh
05-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Good Morning all...

I am feeling like I need to make this a possitive and Happy Day! I need to recommit myself to myself to become a lighter person (weight and soul wise) Got the gumption today to Just Do It! Anyone want to join the recommitment who has had a few bad days? ( I know a few of you are just doing marvelous already) :D

ubergirl
05-22-2013, 10:38 AM
RitzyFritz I have been so amazed by the bravery of teachers in the schools that were hit. I can't imagine how unbelievably stressed you must feel. Very happy that you and yours are safe, and sending thoughts, prayers, and donation via Red Cross.

wandaskipaugh I'm so sorry that it's bumpy for you right now. Can you identify any stressors that you might not realize are bothering you? Often for me, there is something getting to me, but instead of really thinking about it, I kind of bury it under. Sometimes trying to figure out what's up with my stress can help me to get firmly back on track. YOU CAN AND YOU WILL do this! We're here for you!!!

GoingtoBthatGirl Hang in there! I absolutely have days like that. Hope today is better!

I'm all smiles today. Excellent weigh in and I dropped another pound, so now I'm at 260!!! Had a very good on plan day yesterday, and plan to do the same today. Really looking forward to seeing 259, my next mini-goal.

RitzyFritz
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
wannaskipandlaugh - count me in! I sooo need to do this. Enough is enough for me, ya know? We can do this! :hug:

ubergirl - it is people like those teachers and you who make our country so great. Thank you for everything you are doing and CONGRATULATIONS on your progress. :carrot:

Going2BeThatGirl - how is today going for you?

vdander24
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Ubergirl I am so glad for you! I am happy you are steadily moving down. Keep up the great work!
Wannaskipandlaugh Recommitment is something that we all need to do. It's a great idea, and keeps us on track!...YES, I am in! (see below)

So lets start with the challenges, then end on a positive.... First. I have been slacking on my plan. Just letting snacking and junk food make their way into my day and making excuses for why they are there. The poorest decision was McD's of all things. I just made some excuse for why it was okay, and it had been a while. BIG MISTAKE! I was bloated for the rest of the day and felt like crap! I guess that is the lesson for the week. I don't "deserve" stuff like that. I "DESERVE" a healthy and strong body!

Needless to say, I am re-committing. Today, for start, but every day if necessary, because quitting is not an option. so Sue, I am with you.
On a positive note, my stupidity of the last couple of days, does not seem to have made a huge impact on the scale.(yet) i am lingering between 260-262. Also, I have been doing a lot more walking, with and without backpack. Maybe I can get back on plan before it costs me.
I hope everyone is having a better end of the week, and heads into a great weekend.

Mara
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Wannaskipandlaugh- I need to recommit. I know I can do better than I have been. Especially after yesterday. It was one of those bad decisions after another food wise.

Ubergirl- Congrats on the loss!

RitzyFritz-I'm glad you and your family are okay.

Vdander- I hope your week moves in a great direction too.

RitzyFritz
05-22-2013, 01:47 PM
RitzyFritz-I'm glad you and your family are okay.

Thank you, Mara! We are blessed indeed! :hug:

Going2BeThatGirl
05-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Going2BeThatGirl: Here's a :hug: for you! I know exactly how you feel, and here are some positive thoughts and strength coming your way. :flow1: :goodvibes:

Thanks, Ritzy!

Today I am down to 257.7 lbs. I have a stomach virus, though. So it just never fails, if it isn't one thing, it's another.

I have my first official weigh in, since joining last week. We shall see what their scales say!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying positive!

RitzyFritz
05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks, Ritzy!

Today I am down to 257.7 lbs. I have a stomach virus, though. So it just never fails, if it isn't one thing, it's another.

I have my first official weigh in, since joining last week. We shall see what their scales say!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying positive!

Sorry you aren't feeling well! Hopefully the number on the scale is from your hard work, too! Good luck at your weigh-in!!

vdander24
05-23-2013, 03:01 AM
GTBTG I hope you are feeling better soon! Good luck with the weigh in!
RitzyFritz I am so glad your family is okay! Sending prayers your way for quick recoveries for everyone affected.
MaraThanks for the encouragement.. we will be re-committing together, I think!

So, better choices eating, and I walked home from school today! It is two miles from home, and took me about 40 minutes. It was a pretty productive day. Have a great night everyone.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-23-2013, 09:32 AM
I am glad that I have nice people to recommit with :) I need to walk... I have not walked in almost 4 weeks and I have a feeling that that is why I am stalling... That is my commitment to walk 4 times a week again. I feel so much happier and lighter inside when I walk (I had to take care of my parents house and pets for 3 weeks and did not get home and finish eating until 9pm+

GTBTG,,,,, I sure do hope you are feeling better :)
Ritzy... I still am glad that you and family are ok... I have not stopped saying prayers and am collecting money at work to send to a Non Cost charity.. (they send 100%)
Ubergirl.. you are an inspiration :) truly
Mara,,,, WE can do it I believe in you!
Vdander Shazaam with you and the walking (with backpack full too I am sure) I bet you slept well...

I hope I have not missed anyone.. I truly like you all and don't like omitting someone... HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW is FRIDAY :woohoo:

Recommit..... Recommit........ My Mantra!.

Silverfire
05-23-2013, 11:00 AM
:yay::yay: YAY! Scale showed me a 259.9 this morning. I could hardly believe it. That's the woosh I have been waiting for all month lol. I just really really hope it sticks. I would LOVE to be under 250 by the wedding in July :) C25K is going pretty well too. I am almost done week 2! I'm with all of you recommitting. This stall or plateau that I have been on the last few weeks was starting to bring me down a little, but this woosh will help keep me on track I hope.

Let's do this y'all!!! Let's keep it up and we will all be out of this thread in no time :D :D

ubergirl
05-23-2013, 11:54 AM
:yay::yay: YAY! Scale showed me a 259.9 this morning. I could hardly believe it. That's the woosh I have been waiting for all month lol. I just really really hope it sticks. I would LOVE to be under 250 by the wedding in July :) C25K is going pretty well too. I am almost done week 2! I'm with all of you recommitting. This stall or plateau that I have been on the last few weeks was starting to bring me down a little, but this woosh will help keep me on track I hope.

Let's do this y'all!!! Let's keep it up and we will all be out of this thread in no time :D :D

Nice work! Out of the 260s!!! Can't wait to join you there.

GTBTG Feel better!

Ritzyfritz Hope things are settling down.
wandaskipaugh You CAN CAN CAN do this!!!
Mara Thank you! I may be an inspiration now, but soon enough I'll be whining and struggling. It's a day to day thing.

Mara
05-23-2013, 12:35 PM
That's awesome Silverfire!

Now we all have to make it through the Memorial Day Weekend cookouts. ;)

Going2BeThatGirl
05-23-2013, 03:23 PM
I feel 100% better!

My weigh in went great! My scale says 256.6!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!

Silverfire
05-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Morning everyone, I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. IT'S FRIDAY!!!
I am going to be cautiously optimistic that I am over this bit of a stall with a 259.8 today :woohoo: I am super excited to be in the 250's. I honestly I have NO idea the last time I was at this weight, It's been a long long time though. Have an awesome weekend everyone :D

joefla70
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Congrats on getting into the 250s, Silverfire! I hope it sticks!

I thought for sure I'd be there with you by now, but I've been in a "holding pattern" --- to expand upon the "flying" theme of this thread -- for the past several weeks. A few weeks ago I was just over 260 for two straight days, including my official weigh-in day. Then, during the course of the week I was back up to about 265 to 267! Unfortunately, I don't always deal with these situations as well as I should. Sometimes I figure "what the heck, I already am up a few pounds. I might as well let myself eat more." Mind you, I never eat anything off my plan. But I have been sorta mini-binging on on-plan food. This is what caused my stall when I was in the 270s. I finally had to really make a concerted effort to stay on plan to get out of the 270s and get into the 260s.

Now I am at about 264. But I refuse to change my ticker until I get below 260. I think I'm at the point where I desperately want to be in the 250s and will do what it takes to get there. But I've thought that for about a week now, and it hasn't quite worked out yet. I start the day with the best intentions, and do very well. But then I get home and snack after dinner. That KILLS me. I can easily consume between 200 to 500 calories at this time. I think last night I had one of those 500 calorie mini-binges. I know that is not a huge binge compared to what I used to do in the past (i.e., what made me get to my high weight), but when you're on a diet that is under 2000 calories, 500 calories is 1/4 to 1/3 of your daily intake.

Going2BeThatGirl
05-24-2013, 02:08 PM
You can do it, joefla!!!

It's Friday, It's Friday!!! I am bored out of my mind, which I should just go to the gym, but I just feel lazy. My birthday was yesterday and I stayed on track with tracking, drinking no soda/just water, and had a SmartOnes brownie sundae.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Silverfire
05-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Congrats on getting into the 250s, Silverfire! I hope it sticks!

I thought for sure I'd be there with you by now, but I've been in a "holding pattern" --- to expand upon the "flying" theme of this thread -- for the past several weeks. A few weeks ago I was just over 260 for two straight days, including my official weigh-in day. Then, during the course of the week I was back up to about 265 to 267! Unfortunately, I don't always deal with these situations as well as I should. Sometimes I figure "what the heck, I already am up a few pounds. I might as well let myself eat more." Mind you, I never eat anything off my plan. But I have been sorta mini-binging on on-plan food. This is what caused my stall when I was in the 270s. I finally had to really make a concerted effort to stay on plan to get out of the 270s and get into the 260s.

Now I am at about 264. But I refuse to change my ticker until I get below 260. I think I'm at the point where I desperately want to be in the 250s and will do what it takes to get there. But I've thought that for about a week now, and it hasn't quite worked out yet. I start the day with the best intentions, and do very well. But then I get home and snack after dinner. That KILLS me. I can easily consume between 200 to 500 calories at this time. I think last night I had one of those 500 calorie mini-binges. I know that is not a huge binge compared to what I used to do in the past (i.e., what made me get to my high weight), but when you're on a diet that is under 2000 calories, 500 calories is 1/4 to 1/3 of your daily intake.

I feel your pain Joe!! Up until now, this entire month has been bouncing between 263-267. Very discouraging indeed, but I tried not to beat myself up too much. I figured I would take a little break, not count, skipped the gym way to many days and picked a day to get back on track. I have been making adjustments to my routine, since it's been so nice out, I have a hard time going to the gym when I would much rather lounge on my patio with a beer or 6. Snacking can be a problem for me too, so I have been trying really hard to stick to good snacking. Apples, yogurt, pre portioned bags of trail mix. That sort of thing. This week I have been pretty dang good and I think the scale reflects that :D If I am still hungry after one of those snacks, I drink water until I can't drink anymore. It sort of replaces that really full feeling you get after a big binge.

Keep it up Joe. You have been doing so very very well! You've got this.

Mara
05-24-2013, 02:31 PM
I feel your pain Joe!! Up until now, this entire month has been bouncing between 263-267. Very discouraging indeed, but I tried not to beat myself up too much. I figured I would take a little break, not count, skipped the gym way to many days and picked a day to get back on track. I have been making adjustments to my routine, since it's been so nice out, I have a hard time going to the gym when I would much rather lounge on my patio with a beer or 6. Snacking can be a problem for me too, so I have been trying really hard to stick to good snacking. Apples, yogurt, pre portioned bags of trail mix. That sort of thing. This week I have been pretty dang good and I think the scale reflects that :D If I am still hungry after one of those snacks, I drink water until I can't drink anymore. It sort of replaces that really full feeling you get after a big binge.

Keep it up Joe. You have been doing so very very well! You've got this.

I am right there with both of you. Up a little, down a little. Sigh. Last week I was at 260, so I am hoping tomorrow's weigh in will finally put me at 259. Fingers crossed.

Mara
05-24-2013, 02:32 PM
You can do it, joefla!!!

It's Friday, It's Friday!!! I am bored out of my mind, which I should just go to the gym, but I just feel lazy. My birthday was yesterday and I stayed on track with tracking, drinking no soda/just water, and had a SmartOnes brownie sundae.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Happy belated birthday!!!!

loganandlivsmom
05-25-2013, 08:46 AM
I was 251.8 and then gained a few back-so annoying when it seems to be for no reason! Well now it's going back down and I am lower slightly to 251.2. Just over a pound and on to a new thread! :carrot: And when I get to 250 it also means a 50 pound loss. so I am trying my best to get there ASAP in a healthy way!

Silverfire-congrats on getting into the 250's! :D

happy weekend everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-25-2013, 10:04 AM
HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY GTBTG !! Oh I hope you had a really nice and Happy day,,,,, Just think how lighter you were at this birthday than last :D

Loganandlivsmom... YOU are so close to going to the next thread.... Maybe a Memorial/Holiday present to you?

Mara are you there???? Next Decade??? I bet you are :)

Silverfire,, good for you getting there... now more than 1/2 done with this thread...

Joe.... I sure do know the ups and downs (and alot of the time for NO reason either ARGH) We just have to do the best we can and remember what we did to get this far,,,,, You have come so gosh darn far too. Enjoy You!

All the rest of us who have recomitted... how are we doing? I lost 1 LB :woohoo: I am on my way again and feel good and determined. Watch out 240's thread I am coming soon!!!!!! and bringing a bunch of other "weight losers" with me!!

Its nice to have a Holiday weekend. I really appreciate why we have this Monday off. I THANK those who have served to make our country the safest and best. I thank you!!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-25-2013, 08:47 PM
I have been so very good today staying on plan and walking around stores and not spending tooooooo much money yikes... :) I plan on having a happy scale day tomorrow OH Yeah..... I really appreciate these 3 day weekends (now that I am back to work) I can get all chores done today and still have 2 days to play :D

Ever just get those wonderful days that you have such joy and song in your heart. You thank God for having that feeling (close to being in love but with just yourself)... I have such joy today I just want to share happiness with everyone. I truly love feeling like this... I hope that I spread it to everyone :)

RitzyFritz
05-26-2013, 07:51 AM
I have been so very good today staying on plan and walking around stores and not spending tooooooo much money yikes... :) I plan on having a happy scale day tomorrow OH Yeah..... I really appreciate these 3 day weekends (now that I am back to work) I can get all chores done today and still have 2 days to play :D

Ever just get those wonderful days that you have such joy and song in your heart. You thank God for having that feeling (close to being in love but with just yourself)... I have such joy today I just want to share happiness with everyone. I truly love feeling like this... I hope that I spread it to everyone :)

Congratulations on the great day you had! Love days like that. They are encouraging.

I had a little detour, but I'm back on track and loving it. We will soon be leaving these numbers behind. We can do this! :)

wannaskipandlaugh
05-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Woo Hoo.. Down another 1lb today. so 261.5 Which is cool beans. Only 12 lbs away from the 240's thread!!!!!

I still have that JOY and singing inside today... Its alittle quieter but still there and I know that its with me all the time. I just have to remember and then I will feel lighter all day long and not stop smiling LOLOLOL Sorry... I am going to drive you all away with my crazy talk LOL But I just feel so good and want everyone to feel this way!!! Now time to get rid of the grey/silver hair!!!! lol gotta work on other parts of the outside too :lol:

Going2BeThatGirl
05-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks, Mara & WannaSkip for the birthday wishes!

I haven't really kept to my diet this weekend. I've had everything that I wanted, plus more! UGH I feel like a cow! I have also went against my no soda rule and had 3. Oh well, I am going to start tomorrow and get back on track!

Hope everyone has and will have a great week!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!

RitzyFritz
05-27-2013, 08:20 AM
wannaskipandlaugh: Congratulations! I was down this morning, also, so that makes for at least 2 happy campers today. :)

Going2BeThatGirl: Hang in there. We all experience times like this, but like I have said before, at least we can do something about this weight issue! It isn't final as long as we keep working on getting to goal. :hug:

loganandlivsmom: You are sooo close! You go, girl!! :carrot:

wannaskipandlaugh
05-27-2013, 09:46 AM
My scale did not change,.. and that is aok... I know my body lost a bunch these last few days... .I can forgive a retention FOR A DAY.. but NOT 2 LOLOLOL Whatever it wants to do... well its mine and I gotta love it Body war against mind and heart But I know who is going to win!!

Sending HUGS and Love to all and the strength to keep to plan as best as possible today. I am treating myself to the Margarita by Crystal Light... sortof drinking... but no REAL sugar... still not the best.. but a treat. and Can't wait to grill some bratwursts on the Charcoal grilll or a burger with melty cheese... OH yummy yummy yummy :)

Need to water my orchids and get dresseed.... enjoy the day off of work and if you are working... I wish nothing but happy clients or customers for your day. HONOR TO THOSE THAT are and have SERVED this AWESOME COUNTRY!

Mara
05-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone. Still not at 259. I did lose, but it was .4 so still at 260

erinmarie312
05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Hey everyone! So nice to see some gals from previous thread! I weighed in at 272.4 this morning which means I hit my goal for the month with a 10lb loss! Since I'm so close, I thought I would pop in here and welcome myself! Hopefully by the next week I will be in here permanently.

RitzyFritz
05-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Congratulations, erinmarie!! That is great news! Love reaching those mini goals. They help, don't they? :)

Hang in there, Mara! You are sooo close. It will be happening for you any day now!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Oooo I lost .5 yeah... so down to 261 even... GOSH I am looking forward to being in the 250's this WEEKEND... Gonna do it!! Who is with me? I have been on plan and working hard again and have the great mind and heart set for this... Lets Go!!!!

:welcome2: Erinmarie!!1 Glad to have you join us really soon!!.... We are all going DOWN here and taking you with us! lol

loganandlivsmom
05-28-2013, 08:59 AM
This morning the scale showed 250.6. Had to re-check it about 3 more times! So that means .6 pounds to make it to my 50 POUND lost and my personal graduation day goal. My son graduates HS on June 4th, so if I can't lose one half pound in a week something is really wrong. LOL

erinmarie312-congrats and it looks like you are almost at 20 pounds lost! :)

RitzyFritz thanks!!

wannaskipandlaugh-didn't make it for Memorial Day (the whole 50) but that is OK. I know it will be here in a day or two. Love your happy attitude! Keep that going and there is no way you will fail!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-28-2013, 09:04 AM
You are such a kind person Loganandlivsmom :) I thank you...... I will get there! :) and YOU Oh my gosh... When you started... did you know you would make this goal? SHAZAAMMMM and I hope you have something new and pretty to wear too to your son's graduation! :) YEAH and :congrat: to you!!

Mara
05-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Fingers crossed for hou erinmarie!

Thanks ritzyfritz. Hopefully soon.:)

Way to go wannaskipandlaugh!

Alost out of here loganandlivsmom!

joefla70
05-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone! So nice to see some gals from previous thread! I weighed in at 272.4 this morning which means I hit my goal for the month with a 10lb loss! Since I'm so close, I thought I would pop in here and welcome myself! Hopefully by the next week I will be in here permanently.

Well, hopefully not permanently! :dizzy: We'll save a spot for your short stay in the 260s & 250s!

wannaskipandlaugh: Sue, it never ceases to amaze me how you seem to ALWAYS have such a positive attitude! I wish I still had half as much as you! I used to, but I started to become complacent and slip a little. Not too much.

This weekend I was pretty good on plan, considering my wife and I took the kids to Disney this weekend. Its a good thing that Disney has really made an effort to offer healthy food items. At one of the walk-up counters I got a grilled Mahi-Mahi with fresh roasted green beans. It was the best Mahi-Mahi I've ever had! I pretty much had salad for the rest of my meals, and then almonds for snacks. When I weighed in this morning my weight had stayed pretty much the same. I might be down slightly, which I would have hoped for given all the walking I was doing over the weekend.

This morning I told myself that I would make a concerted effort to do what it takes to get into the 250s by next weigh-in (Sunday). My day started off fine. I had a protein shake for breakfast and then a salad with turkey for lunch. But then one of my co-workers offered me some chicken that she made for dinner last night and I had some. I'm sure it wasn't very calorie laden, and I know its not going to derail me or anything, but the point of it was that I had already had my lunch and shouldn't have eaten any more. Over these last few weeks I have stayed the same weight and I know that its because here and there I'm having some extra calories. This was just one example. I really want to get back on track and take these last 40 pounds off already... I'd be thrilled to get the next 10 down. But I'm having trouble mustering up the motivation to do what I was so used to doing before.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes I agree with Joe,,, Erinmarie... Your visit here is only like a movie rental... then its time to MOVE ON! LOL No permanent living allowed... or the thread police will have to evict you and Joe's a lawyer and can help them! LOLOLOL

I thank you for you very kind words Joe. I just try and be happy everyday. I also find that when I give happiness or kindness out (JUST like YOU DO!!) you get a whole bunch back. That is how I want to live... Lately I have found joy in my heart and soul that I have not felt in 20 years... You sir... have gone thru a whole ordeal... I mean.. you have LOST 145lbs... That is what my real true goal is... YOU have lost ME! LOL That is just so Fricken amazing. How long did you stay true and not go off plan (very much) while this happened... I bet a long time! and sometimes we just need a break... tho just Alittle one ( I had Birthday cake and it really derailed me) so I am thinking you are entitled to breath alittle and soak up and feel the way you are and how the world just looks differently now... If you are ready to be strict again... Just say it outloud (so that you hear it too) and that will work to get you jump started... One thing we have going for us in South Fla.... we have the HUMIDITY and just walking in that pee soup made me sweat last night and it was in the 70's LOL Just think how much water we will lose this summer :) :hug: to you Mr. Wonderful!

Mara and Ritzy... along with Joe.. we are just l-l this close to 250's LETS Do it! I have asked some of those lovely ladies from the 280-270s to hurry up as we need replacements as we all are moving down :)

My belief..... I will be 1/2 lighter tomorrow! How about you?

punkrocksong
05-28-2013, 10:29 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm looking forward to chatting with you all...probably in the next week or two if everything goes according to plan!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks, Ritzy!!

I have set my mind, for the 1000th time, to a strict diet and I'm going to see how the next week goes.

I'm at 256.6, again or still. I went to Whole Foods on Sunday and picked up a ton of ground turkey, to try that instead of ground beef. Well I also stopped at White Castle and had a ton of food. I was of course full of regret. Oh well!

I worked out tonight. I did the eliptical, treadmill and the stationary bike. The treadmill was what hurt the most. I did about 10 minutes and changed the inclines and things. I printed out some info from Blogliates or something like that. It was intense and I'm not scared to say it.

Hope everyone is working hard on their goals and giving themselves some breathing room!!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-29-2013, 12:25 AM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/49099546/tumblr_mfw8txiVA41rs6zaqo1_500_large.gif

Mizzthingaling
05-29-2013, 02:33 AM
Hi all. I weighed at 253 today. I need to get out of this decade. I feel like I have been in it too long. I am going to get stricter with my diet this week. I know I've had to may sugar-free items.

Going2Be I love that saying. I love turkey burger more than beef. I make them on the stove and add water when they start to stick. It makes them juicy.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Well I am up a lb to 262 :( But I know its me as I ate too much cheese yesterday and its water... I watched my feet swell up LOL

Punkrock.. you will be here soon!!! Love you have you join our conversation.. but just for a short while as we need to go invade the 240 thread... that one is really thin!! (people and weight1)

G2BTG I love that you put that message / flash on here... It wakes me up in more ways than 1 TY

Mizzy... welcome to you and I hope that your stay here is short (but you are most welcome) as you are on your way to the 240 thread too...

Hope everyone has a really really nice and happy day!! I gotta find my inside singer... she is silent this morning??!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-29-2013, 11:39 AM
wannaskip- YW!! I found it last night and fell in love with it!

Hi all. I weighed at 253 today. I need to get out of this decade. I feel like I have been in it too long. I am going to get stricter with my diet this week. I know I've had to may sugar-free items.

Going2Be I love that saying. I love turkey burger more than beef. I make them on the stove and add water when they start to stick. It makes them juicy.

I haven't tried anything, but turkey susage yet. It doesn't taste much different, just healthier. If that makes sense at all. I bought 8 turkey burgers and froze them. Whole Foods was offering a $10 off of $50 purchase in their meat department. Couldn't pass it up!

I know what you mean about having too many of some things. I realized yesterday, just because I'm under points doesn't mean I should eat two of something. Instead I'll snack on a banana or apple.

I bought enough Smart Ones meals for the week. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus 4 of the desserts. They are really good and pre-portioned, so that is one less thing that I have to worry about.

I need to up my water intake too! I'd really like to be going with 3-4 liters a day, as of right now I'm a little under 2 a day.

Hope everyone is having a great HUMP day!!!

erinmarie312
05-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Hahah!! Good point yes not permanent! Lets do this punkrocksong!! By the end of first week of June, that's our deadline, no excuses!!

loganandlivsmom
05-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Woo hoo!! can't believe the 249! :carrot: I just wanted to say thanks for all the motivation. For some reason losing is more fun while posting it on these forums. I guess it's sort of like group therapy!

Mizzthingaling- I will see you soon on the 240's thread, I just know it!

joefla70-It sounds like you did great at Disney World! look how far you've come, you've done great. Have you tried changing your work out or adding more activity?

Mara-thanks! I am now outta here! ;)

wannaskipandlaugh-thanks for the compliment! I started a year ago so this has been no overnight 50 pound loss but as time went on I started thinking about all the pics being taken for his 18th bd and now graduation. I hate having to hide from the camera. Now I am better with that. They don't all turn out like I'd want but they are way better than a year ago. Also I was afraid of type 2 diabetes. Quite a few of my friends have it and my numbers weren't great at last years work physical (near borderline blood sugar). Now I a looking forward to the physical this year-I can hardly wait! LOL

I hope to see everyone over on the 240 thread soon. Hope it's as great as this one!

Mara
05-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Way to go loganandlivsmom!!!! :)

I still have to make it through the 250's but maybe that will go faster than the 260's. :D

Jofla70 I am jealous. LOL I have been to Disney once, back in 2011, and can't wait to go again. Maybe next year. lol

BASarp
05-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I just discovered this forum so I'm pretty new around here. I actually don't even have a scale....I live in West Africa and a decent scale is nearly impossible to find unless you bring one from the States. Anyway, just this past weekend I found out my weight is right at 254lbs (ugh) and I hope to get it down as soon as possible! Great job to all of you that are making such good progress!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Welcome, BASarp! I can't wait to see your weight loss journey!

LoganandLivsmom- YOU GO!!! WORK IT!!! LOL Have fun over on the other thread, as I have a feeling there will be more of us to fall over into that group soon!!

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!!!

joefla70
05-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Woo hoo!! can't believe the 249! :carrot: I just wanted to say thanks for all the motivation. For some reason losing is more fun while posting it on these forums. I guess it's sort of like group therapy!

joefla70-It sounds like you did great at Disney World! look how far you've come, you've done great. Have you tried changing your work out or adding more activity?

I'm not sure if you'll see this reply since you've made it to the 240s and have moved on to that thread. Congrats on that!

Thanks for the kind words. I did great at Disney, but unfortunately since I've been home I've done worse! I've been binging on my normal, on-plan food. Foods like almonds and cheese, and various proteins which I usually eat in moderation, I have been eating in much larger quantities.

I was just going to say "I don't know why I do that", but I kinda know. You touched on it in your post when you said " For some reason losing is more fun while posting it on these forums." I agree 100% When you are losing, I feel great and have all the motivation in the world to post here, keep my diet on track, etc. But if I DON'T lose in a particular week, I find that I develop a defeatist attitude. I will think to myself "well, heck, if I didn't lose anything today despite all my efforts to watch myself, I might as well eat some more of what I enjoy eating." I REALLY need to get over that. I have eaten all of the almonds and cheese in the house, and I am not going to buy more because I don't trust myself anymore to eat those things in moderation. Despite how far I've come so far, I am still as vulnerable as the day I started... maybe even more so because I am not quite as motivated as I was then. It just goes to show that food addiction is just like any other addiction. Its a battle that I will face all my life.

Sorry that my post was a bit of a downer. Hopefully when I get back on track .... Wait, I mean, Now that I AM back on track, when I lose the next several pounds and get below 260, I will be back to my old self and have renewed spirit and energy.

joefla70
05-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Way to go loganandlivsmom!!!! :)

I still have to make it through the 250's but maybe that will go faster than the 260's. :D

Jofla70 I am jealous. LOL I have been to Disney once, back in 2011, and can't wait to go again. Maybe next year. lol

One of the nice things about being a Florida resident is the perks you get from Disney. I wouldn't go if I had to pay full price, because the ticket prices are like $90 a day! But at the beginning of every year they offer special discount tickets to Florida residents. $129 for four days. So, we take advantage of that and make a yearly trip to Disney with the kids (or split it up and do two weekend trips).

I was up in Tennessee this past winter for vacation because my kids had never seen snow before and they really wanted to see it. We usually go up to NC in the late summer or early fall. Every time we go up there we go to Dollywood. I love that amusement park.

wannaskipandlaugh
05-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh :congrat: and a BIGTIME :woohoo: To you LOGANANDLIVSMOM !!!!

Woo Hooo and Shazamma whamma ding dong!!!!!! I am soooooooo thrilled, happy, elated, and jealous for you!! Oh my See you did do it... I know that it took awhile.. but you are back in the "zone" again and its going to be easier for you!! You have MOMENTUM (thats the Woosh Fairy's Name!!!)

I plan on getting to that 240's thread before you leave.... but if not... well We will all catch up to you in the 230=220!! Oh Isn't it just nice saying that!!

:grouphug: and :flow2: for you!

wannaskipandlaugh
05-30-2013, 10:21 PM
I am going to give up 1 food item for the next week, as I am getting frustrated from stalling and not losing the weight as I should be ARGH. At my weight I should be losing 2 lbs a week with my plan.. but I am not and I don't get TOM anymore.. so thats not a reason.. maybe age... but NAH not going there and believing that. SO as of right now I am not going to eat any of my salty shelled peanuts... NOT a 1 for the next week and see if it makes a difference. Will have to find something else to fill that "snack" type item.... That is my promise to myself and I am putting it out there....
June 6th... Should show the results!!

Mara
05-31-2013, 10:52 AM
One of the nice things about being a Florida resident is the perks you get from Disney. I wouldn't go if I had to pay full price, because the ticket prices are like $90 a day! But at the beginning of every year they offer special discount tickets to Florida residents. $129 for four days. So, we take advantage of that and make a yearly trip to Disney with the kids (or split it up and do two weekend trips).

I was up in Tennessee this past winter for vacation because my kids had never seen snow before and they really wanted to see it. We usually go up to NC in the late summer or early fall. Every time we go up there we go to Dollywood. I love that amusement park.

Ooh! That is a nice perk. :) And I have actually never been to Dollywood. Been near there, but never stopped in. I do love Dolly though. She is a great lady, and she has a program here that gives children free books until a certain age.

Mara
05-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Welcome BASarp!

Going2BeThatGirl
05-31-2013, 10:54 AM

We are going to Dollywood at the end of July! I've never been, but we usually go to Tennessee twice a year.

Wannaskip- I'm right there with you, as I haven't really dropped anything in a few days. I need to go through and see what I need to drop eating and go from there. I'm hoping that I see some results later this week.

I just weighed myself and I'm at 253.2!! Just below my 10lbs for the month! I'm super excited, as I didn't think I would make it!! WOOT!!

erinmarie312
05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
271.0 this morning, get ready girls!! Lol

wannaskipandlaugh
05-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Erin come on down! I know it will be soon!!!

Mara
05-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Woot woot going2bthatgirl!

Mizzthingaling
06-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. 252. I can feel the next decade, which is the one that scares me most. I've got a plan this time. I went shopping again today and my family is on notice that I am not cooking this week. I have premade my meals for this next week and I'm going to let them fend for themselves.

I want to go to Dollywood. I should make that at trip.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Well maybe the lack of peanuts yesterday helped... I am down 1 lb Woo Hoo... so starting the new month off in the same decade as I started last month.. but maybe I will see the 240's at the end and never have to post a 250's at the start of a month..OOHHHH that would be special!! LOL

Hope all are doing well, walking in the sunshine, soaking up the rain, hugging your loved ones (people and pets)

Going2BeThatGirl
06-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Mara- Thanks :)

Wannaskip- 1lb is great! Keep it up :)

I joined a Dietbet last night and if I drop 4% of my body weight in June, I will get my initial bet back. I figured it was a good way to get myself motivated, because who wants to just throw $25 out? Not this girl!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!

joefla70
06-01-2013, 12:41 PM
I am going to give up 1 food item for the next week, as I am getting frustrated from stalling and not losing the weight as I should be ARGH. At my weight I should be losing 2 lbs a week with my plan.. but I am not and I don't get TOM anymore.. so thats not a reason.. maybe age... but NAH not going there and believing that. SO as of right now I am not going to eat any of my salty shelled peanuts... NOT a 1 for the next week and see if it makes a difference. Will have to find something else to fill that "snack" type item.... That is my promise to myself and I am putting it out there....
June 6th... Should show the results!!

Sue: I''m glad that this is working for you so far. Congrats on the 1 pound! I've been stuck in the low to mid 260s for almost a month now -- after getting down to 260. I'm SO ready to be in the 250s already! Like you, I resolved to give some things up. I ate all of the almonds, cheese and frozen desserts in my house that I would sometimes snack on. (In the past few weeks I have been overindulging myself on these snacks -- and sometimes mini-binging). Now that I've eaten them all, I am not going to buy any more anytime soon. Unfortunately, I sometimes have to remove the temptation to eat certain things by not having them around. I've been so good during the entire day at work, but then after dinner I go off the rails. I keep telling myself it needs to stop, but if the snacks are there, I often can't help myself. So, we'll see how this works. I was 261.5 this morning. I know I can get into the 250s by this time next week. Its frustrating that this isn't coming as easy as it used to! I guess maybe its time to start doing some exercising too!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I have to confess Joe... reading your posts about your Almonds got me thinking and that is why I decided to stop the peanuts for a week to see if it makes a difference (I eat 3/4 cup of shelled nuts a day and I think about eating them as I am driving home from work.. so obviously its a real crutch for ME!) so I am trying this out. I know what you mean... even eating food that we can (Atkins here) I sometimes overdo the stuff that I should treat as a sometime food. I know that it will be hard (I am stairing at my zip lock bag of peanuts... But I have a note on them NO NO NO until 6/6) but not having the food available will help big time. This is kinda like a restart again to get back to the basics,,,,, But know we both know that we can eat "treat" items and maintain too... Something to remember...

I remember you flying thru the 280-270's So I know you can do it. I think we both will do it this time and at the end of the month WE will be heading over to the 240's thread?! Are you with me?

loganandlivsmom
06-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Today is Logan's graduation party day. I am up early to check in and get on with being the party diva! LOL

Mara-thanks!

BASarp-good luck to you! it's got to be hard not knowing how much you weigh when trying to lose weight.

Going2BeThatGirl-thanks!! and congrats on your loss!

wannaakipandlaugh-thanks so much!! and great idea on giving up the nuts this week. I read once someone called nuts "calorie bombs". Have you seen the calories in one vending machine pack of nuts? It's like 300 calories for such a small amount. PLus the salt can make you retain water too. Looks like it's already working for you! keep it up!

joefla70-Sorry you are having a rough time. I would agree to get the almonds and cheese out if they are tripping you up right now. I do the same thing. I like ice cream too much. If I want it I will buy the kind that are individually wrapped (like skinny cow sandwiches) and there are four people in the house so it won't last long anyway! I am the same way that I love to post when doing good and I don't tend to post when I am not. We probably should post more then to get some help. I like trying to help others so why don't I ask for it? hmm. interesting! :) I still eat more than I should but lately I have been forgiving myself and ask what could I do next time if I eat at this place again, etc... we are human and will screw up. As long as we hang in there the scale will go down!

happy Sunday everyone! thanks for all your support!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Loganandlivsmom... Congratulations on your son's graduation! I bet you are so darn proud of him (proud of you too!) Have a Joyful day! May your heart sing all day today (and tomorrow and..)

I understand where you are coming from. Most of my life I have been the "cheerleader" and the listener and hiding when I am feeling down. Here - I still post... but am not as active of a "talker" when I am disappointed... Trying to gt over that as everyone posts such wonderful words of encouragement that It just does make me feel better.... So lesson from this site too (besides losing weight) is to trust and take in others encouragement!

OK... NOW... NEED TO KICK MY OWN BUTT... and stare down that scale all day today so tomorrow it will know who is boss (ME!) and show me the number I deserve!!!! Do not like stalling!!!!!!

Going2BeThatGirl
06-02-2013, 12:22 PM
LoganandLivsMom- Congrats on his success and graduation! Now don't party too hard! ;)

I start my Veggie Week Challenge tomorrow and I'm really excited to get this going. I went out to dinner last night and I swear I haven't eaten that much in a LONG time! I feel like a pig, but I plan on dropping 4% of my body weight this month! We shall see how it goes!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone :)

erinmarie312
06-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Woohoo!! 269.2 this morning!! Hello everyone!! Lol

Mara
06-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Congrats on the pound wannaskipandlaugh!

Joe hang in there.

I wasn't able to login yesterday. Was working my company's yardsale/carwash to raise money for the Amer. Heart Association. But I finally made it to 259!

loganandlivsmom
06-03-2013, 08:01 AM
thanks wannaskipandlaugh and Going2BeThatGirl. His party was yesterday and he graduates tomorrow night. He is a an honor graduate with an advanced studies diploma. I know the tears are gonna be flowing for sure! ;) My daughter is only 8 so we have to wait ten more years to the next graduation--2023! :o

wannaskipandlaugh-I guess it's just human nature. We love to share the good things and get pats on the back but it's hard to say "I eat these stupid cupcakes when I know it's not helping me lose" LOL I bet we would all do better if we posted during the down times too. It's more real that way.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Erinmarie.. Well WELCOME officially!! Glad you have joined us and I know that Punkrocksong will be coming very soon too! Hope you "fly" thru this thread like the rest of us are trying to do!!

Have a great day and and I can't wait to join the Proud Mom Loganandlivsmom in the 240's!!! Just 10 more lbs to go GO GO GO!!!

erinmarie312
06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks Sue! So today I weight in at 266.8 I really don't want to believe it! Too good to be true! Lol.

Mara
06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
That's awesome erinmarie!

erinmarie312
06-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks Mara! I want to update my ticker so bad! But I'm going to wait and see what I weigh tomorrow. I can fit into the jeans I wore before I got pregnant though!

Mizzthingaling
06-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Yay for you Erin! I am still waiting to get into my favorite jeans. I have to be in the 240s to button them and feel comfortable.

I am also on the give up train. I am hoping this will help push me to the next decade. Last week I had salads every day for lunch and it helped me drop. I think all the water in the romaine helped me to feel fuller through the day.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Sigh.... well I am up 2 lbs today. Now I know I did have 3 reeses eggs last night... but that was last night and they shouldn't show up until tomorrow... so that just says that tomorrows scale reading will be even worse :( I was very committed... stopped the peanuts and walked... and gained?! Sometimes that gain just gets to your head. I kinda feel like giving up I AM NOT... but I kinda feel like it and I haven't felt that way since I started in January. I know I have come a long way and I know weighing daily just does not always work well... but I have been in the260's for 6 weeks... That is CRAZY. I can only believe that I will flky thru the 250's once I finally get there.. but thats in the horizon right at the moment... Sorry.. Just sad and deflated today.... Don't mean to be... But I am encouraged by all of your losses! Just having a bad head day...

Mara
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I think whenever you change something in your diet or exercise routine you have to give it a few days for your body to figure out what is going on. I could be wrong, but I think it gets a shock and has to think about what it wants to do, add weight or lose. Don't get discouraged. The 2lbs will be off in no time. :)

erinmarie312
06-04-2013, 12:04 PM
mizzthingaling Don't give up!! If you need to, take a break but still try to maintain your weight. Just don't focus on loosing weight right now. You should find fitness inspiration groups on Instagram they are the best!

wannaskipandlaugh I agree with Mara, our bodies are weird...

I knew yesterday's 266 reading was a fluke! Lol, but weighed in at 268 this morning...which is still a loss from 269.2 the day before!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Thank you Mara and Erinmarie :) You both are kind angels.... I had a day to mull on my gain and looked at my chart again and this just happens at the first week of the month for some reason... So I just gotta DEAL with it... ARGH.... I was perfect on plan today... Not even a SF Chocolate passed my lips Just Salad, Meat, eggs, Cheese and fat of Sour Cream (doing Atkins)... So I was good... I plan on grabbing that WOOSH Fairy of Elvis's for an overnight LOL

I wish you both a wonderful good nights sleep, pleasant dreams and easy wake up tomorrow..

:hug: to you!

Mara
06-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Well I weighed in at 258 this morning, but I did not make good decisions food wise. I did do the 2 mile walking at home dvd. Hopefully the impact won't be thaat bad. Tomorrow is another day.

erinmarie312
06-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words Sue!! That's why I like the weigh in every day threads. Nice to go back and look at patterns. I'm up to 269.2 again. I tend to fluctuate a lot. Mostly because I'm not consistent on water intake. Trying to set a goal of 128oz a day, which is a gallon. I tend to
Hold on then drop 2 or 3lbs at once. Still working out with cardio 60-90 minutes a day. Food intake hasn't been the best this week. Need to change that. So I feel you there Mara

Mara
06-05-2013, 04:49 PM
LOL, yeah I was up to 260 this morning. Glad offical weigh in day is Saturday. :) Get the water weight back off. Stupid Chuy's. Gets me every time.

Nagazim
06-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Joining in here. So happy there are weight specific threads going. It nice to know I'm not completely alone. Ugh. My ultimate goal is to be under 180lbs. I was around 175lbs and fabulous when I was married 5+years ago but want to be UNDER that weight as a super pat on the back to my mommy self. I gained A LOT of weight with my pregnancies. Miscarriages didn't help the matter and I used them as a better excuse to eat my feelings. I must have been feeling quite a bit. So here I am, needing inspiration to stick with it and not give up. My youngest is now 15 months old, I should more than 15ish lbs shed since her birth. I don't want my kids to know I'm fat. My hubby is the greatest man in the world and I know he loves me unconditionally. But I'd love to be a sexy beast to match him ;) So glad you all are here, hope to stay active enough that you're sick of me :P

Biggest challenge to overcome currently is the need to munch out while watching tv before bed. My hubby and I watch series on Netflix and ALWAYS have food. I need to not eat like that. Suggestions?

ubergirl
06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi Nagazim Welcome to the thread!

I've been away for almost two weeks, traveling in Europe. Unfortunately, I was traveling as a guest and so I had almost no control over my food. Fortunately, I tried to be as sensible as possible under the circumstances. Currently, I'm 261, which is up two pounds from when I left home, but I think I'm going to shed another pound or two of water weight and end up about even.

But, the tough thing is that yesterday, after two weeks of eating a lot of off plan foods, I had trouble getting back on track. So, this morning, I'm committing to 3 on plan days. I think that will be enough to get me back in the groove.

loganandlivsmom
06-06-2013, 10:56 AM
wannaskipandlaugh-I was 249 and on graduation day and the day after I was 250. I will take it, still the goal I wanted! :D After the graduation was over my parents offered to take a total of 7 of us to Ruby Tuesday's. It was 9 pm and we had mostly appetizers and desserts. I could have done better-I shared my dessert with my daughter, but those chips and queso, guacamole and spinach/ artichoke dip were calling my name! LOL

So in other words..I am still teetering around 250. I did OK food wise yesterday but am ready to get back in gear for my July 4th goal-240. May not happen but I am gonna try to get as close as possible!

Nagazim
06-06-2013, 03:06 PM
A beautiful thing happened this morning! I've hit the 10 lb loss mark. This is so huge for me. I've been dieting all wonky for months. Would begin strong get to the 5 lb loss mark, gain a little, lose it back, gain it back... you get the picture. Well I could have burst into song when I saw 265. I haven't been here since at least November of last year. I lost around 30 lbs after my daughter was born 285 to 252. Then crap happened and excuses arose and I gained it back. Sooo happy to be losing again!

A july 4th goal is a good idea. I need to set myself mini goals throughout the months. Mine will be 255 by July 4th. We'll see.

Everlasting
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Hi Nagazim- Looks like we have a bit in common as far as start weight and our great 10lb loss! Lol. We're going to beat these 260s for sure... I'm hoping I just have a couple weeks here since it's in the beginning, I know I will drop fast. Like you, I also gained a lot during my first pregnancy, and I was on track during my second pregnancy, but I miscarried that baby last December around 12 weeks or so, she would have been due here in a couple weeks June 21, and I am really needing to push through! I keep having complete breakdowns because of it, and I regained all the weight I had lost after my daughter was born, plus some. I am going to be on top of this now, I don't want my daughter to remember me being this big. She is 19 months now, my 5 year old stepson (egged on by his mom most likely but he is rude in general) calls me fat all the time and it really brings me down. I don't need a 5 year old to point it out to me every time he is here.

Whew, anyway, I am on track with eating as far as today, and this week, goes and I already got my "workout" in. Ugh. I ran a half marathon less than 3 years ago, I would have never called Leslie Sansone 3 mile challenge a really rough workout back then, but it sure was today!

Nagazim
06-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Everylasting - we're basically the same people ;)

I m/c my first pregnancy early but not early enough around 7weeks. Got pregnant with my son and convinced myself if I ate all the time and got him "fat" he'd stick around. (It's a bad mentality, I know.) Got pregnant again 14 months later and m/c that baby just after 12 weeks. I had lost from 272 to 235 after my son was born but once the second m/c happened it really messed with my mind. I was just so sad and food seemed to make me happy. I don't think people realize how much you blame yourself and how big of a beating you give yourself after m/c unless they've been there. My mind was like a stranger constantly belittling me. So I would bing, then feel bad and binge some more.

Sorry you're dealing with a 5 yr old that's being puppeted by his mother. Just think though, odds are he won't even remember you this size. Enough positive reinforcement and he'd probably stop. The next time he says something I would come back with, "well, maybe so, but I'm working on changing all of that." He may like that it hurts your feelings. So I wouldn't let it show.

I was planning on taking my kids for a walk this afternoon but of course it's pouring outside right now. If it doesn't clear I'll either break out my Leslie (SEE same people!) or go through her same motions with something on tv tonight.

I'd love to run. I've been looking into Couch 2 5k but I think my knees couldn't take it yet.

erinmarie312
06-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I've got my so far progress pics up on the progress forum :)

erinmarie312
06-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Yea mini goals are the best nagazim. My ultimate goal is 180, but I would get so discouraged by my ticker barely moving! Lol. So I set it at a halfway point to make it feel like I'm moving a little quicker. Great to hear about your loss! :cp:

I updated my weight and now most of my lady is in the "meh" face!!! Yay! Goodbye sad faces!! Lol

Nagazim
06-06-2013, 05:41 PM
erinmarie312 - I just checked your progress pics. There's a very noticeable difference especially in your mid section, way to go!!! I can't wait for progress pics. Maybe by the end of July I'll see something different.

Everlasting
06-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Losing a baby is very hard. I mean, as soon as I had a positive pregnancy test I was super excited about that little baby, and while I didn't really do anything in the first 3 months to "prepare" for the baby, it's still a loss. It was still my baby. So... yeah. It's not very fun. And I binged afterward too, try to eat the emotions away. I started drinking a lot of caffeinated pop and eating sweets. It didn't help that it was right around Christmas time so people were having family parties and giving goodies, and then of course hubby brought home like 10 trays of on sale chocolate coated nuts and other chocolate candy after Christmas was over.

I did Couch to 5K before in 2010. I think I was around 225 when I started off giving myself a 3 month challenge to walk 5 miles a day, which I did great at, but I got bored so I added the C25K along with it and by the end I was running the 5 miles every day, and upped that to about 16 miles straight a few times a week by fall of 2010. Then I got married. My husband doesn't like to exercise, nor does he like to eat healthy... so I succumbed to his lifestyle which is bad for me. I need to be active and need to eat healthy. His metabolism keeps him stick thin, so he isn't worried about his own weight at all. Anyway, I think I need to drop quite a bit before I do something high impact like running with my knees.

Budgeting my calories today to make spicy italian sausage for supper tonight. Hubby's is simmering in onions with oil, and mine is boiling. I figure I'll snag a few of the onions though. ;) Yum! I still have plenty of room left over. I find it easy to eat low calorie (as long as I have a good dose of fat and protein in there) after the first few days in, as long as my husband isn't shoving things in my face and trying to make me feel guilty about not eating with him. I told him last night about how I am going to lose this weight again and get down to at least where I was when we got married. You'd think he'd be happy about it. Maybe he doesn't care about my appearance, but at least you think he'd be happy that I could keep up with the housework faster (It sure takes me a lot longer when I'm tired from lugging my big body around), and it would be less stress for him because he wouldn't have to scrounge up money for me to buy new clothes (as I have plenty of clothes in smaller sizes that don't fit me right now), and he wouldn't have to listen to me have emotional breakdowns before church on Sundays because I don't have anything nice to wear, and even when I do dress up I still feel like a slob.

All this talk about my hubby... he really is a good guy. I think he pushes the chocolate, fried stuff, candy because he knows I like it and also because he likes it. He really doesn't need to lose weight... he is 6'0" and about 150lb. He weighed about 30lb less when we got married and gained that in the first year, but that wasn't bad, he needed it. He looks good now, he was underweight before because he just didn't bother to fix meals for himself. He's pretty much maintained his weight since then... even though he eats tons of fried stuff and sugar. He will literally drink sugar water if we don't have anything in the house sweet for him to eat. Ugh. Anyway... I just need to get through to him that I need to lose weight, and I don't care what he eats as long as he doesn't push it on me, and I will still bake him cookies and all that good stuff. It's all about moderation... I'm not making my daughter eat like I am either, but she's been getting a bit more veggies now since I'm making them anyway. I found she looooooves corn on the cob. She is 19 months and will eat 2 ears of corn if I give it to her... haha...

Nagazim
06-06-2013, 07:17 PM
I've went back and forth with weight issues since I was 10 years old. It's sad to think I've been on a "diet" or at least had "you need to lose weight" on the brain since that young. But anyways, I'm worried my kids (son especially since he's built just like me) will have weight problems if I don't teach them healthy eating habbits now. My whole family pretty much is eating healthy. My hubby may not enjoy it as much, but he's encouraging me to keep going by going along with it. Not that he doesn't still eat junk at work (he took a whole pan of brownies today), but at least dinner is shared and healthy for the most part. I haven't found anything that my kids don't enjoy. So instead of chips, we're munching on celery and carrots. My son has a terrible sweet tooth (just like his mommy) and alwaysss wants sugar in any form. So he gets fruit, and then a 100 calorie cookie pack as a treat after dinner. Seems to be going well. He's 3 and 3ft tall and was 45lbs. His breathing was labored while playing. We've been doing the "no junk" for about 3 months and he's down to 40 lbs and is super active/hyper. I'm just happy his breathing is calm and he can run all day without missing anything.
It's so much easier when weight loss can be a family affair. My kids don't know we're "dieting". We're just eating different things to them.
I would at least lay it out for your hubby that this is so important for you. And you know he's going to want to share in the snacking, but to not be upset when you have to decline. You're worth this! He just may not know how to support you, so tell him :) Good luck!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-06-2013, 08:59 PM
LOL well :welcome2: Nagazim and everlasting :) Our group on this thread is wonderful (you have already found that out ) and its huge.. I think we have almost 18 people here... (plus lurkers LOLOLOLOLOL) So we are all marching our way to fill up that 240's thread that seems like it wants more people to join! LOL I think a mass exodus would be marvelous!

MayDay14
06-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Nagazim- Same here... I remember starting about 10 years old, laying in bed at night and hoping I could figure out how to be skinny for the the next year of summer camp... it was an outdoor nature camp and we all had one big dormitory and an open shower room and all so thats when I started noticing that I had gotten fat and nobody else had.

My daughter mainly survives on milk right now... she is skiiiiiinny. Dont know how she makes it through the day on the little that she eats, but she definately loves sweet and fried foods. My problem growing up was mostly my parents had tooons of junk food in the house and let me snack on whatever, even if I had just eaten dinner. Lots of soda too. So... if Im not bringing it home we usually dont have junk food, other than home made stuff or when hubby finds sales that are too good for him to pass up.

Wannaskipandlaugh- Yes, lets storm the 240s! Cant wait to get there.

Is anyone else counting calories here? How many are you taking in per day?

Edit- Oh and this is me, Everlasting... I made this account when I couldnt remember my old one and was still logged in here on my phone when I posted... anyway, wont be using this account now that I have the oldie back!

Nagazim
06-06-2013, 10:26 PM
LOL well :welcome2: Nagazim and everlasting :) Our group on this thread is wonderful (you have already found that out ) and its huge.. I think we have almost 18 people here... (plus lurkers LOLOLOLOLOL) So we are all marching our way to fill up that 240's thread that seems like it wants more people to join! LOL I think a mass exodus would be marvelous!

Thanks! And I'm all for getting there ASAP :D

Is anyone else counting calories here? How many are you taking in per day?

I am! I think the Lose it app allows 1800something but I've stayed under that. I'm actually tooooo under it for today. (around 1000 cals) I've eaten, it's just not been heavy foods.

In other news: I began doing the Leslie Sansone Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles that I got for Christmas :rolleyes:. I made it to the end of the first mile. It about kicked my butt. And I'm using my bedroom TV so the kids can be occupied by their daddy, so I have huge mirrors everywhere. Let's just say, I'm glad no one else can see me shaking all of this.

Going2BeThatGirl
06-07-2013, 02:59 AM
I could have swore I checked in here yesterday.

Welcome to the thread!!!

Hope everyone had a great week and if you didn't or didn't think you did, hope next week is better!

ErinMarie- The pics are GREAT!!! You look great and the progress you have made is amazing! I need your motivation!!

I'm at 250.2 today. I will stick around for a day or two, to see if I go up any or not.

Hope you all have a great FRIDAY!!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-07-2013, 08:51 AM
WOW going2btg WAY TO GO you are just about there.... I am thrilled for you! Its good to know that someone is getting outta this town really soon and heading on down to the next neighborhood! I am right where you are ony 10 lbs more.. .260 259.9 260.1 LOL I can't wait for the 25's and you the 24's!!

Everlasting
06-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Well, this morning I realized that the only accurate place to have my scale is in the kitchen. Every single other room in the house is carpeted (even the bathrooms yuck). Anyway, the squishy carpet factor in the bathroom was taking about a pound and a half away from my actual weight so I was probably a bit over 270 when I started... aaahk! We will just continue to say 270, so today I am "officially" kitchen weighted at 265. I am very sore from my crazy Leslie workout yesterday... so I am betting I am retaining some water as well. That makes me feel good. I am going to do another one today and hooopefully find the axle for the stroller and get an outdoor walk in as well. "My fitness pal" says I should have 1480 calories a day... yesterday I had 1100. My week average is around 1400 so there were a couple days I was over and a couple under. Im not trying to figure out exercise calories... too confusing. Just going to make sure I do something every day.

Going2bthatgirl- You are so close! I will hardly get to make your accquaintance before you rush off to the 240s!

Mara
06-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Welcome to the new thread members!

Going2bthatgirl-Way to go! Not sure I will see in the 240's thread but hope to see you in the 220/230's.

I am hoping for at least 258 tomorrow. fingers crossed. :)

Everlasting
06-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Got a good 1.5 mile walk in this afternoon with my daughter. It took longer than normal because the sun was out and making me SWEAT! Also, my jogging stroller that I usually use is broken and I had to use the double stroller, which has a messed up wheel. Extra effort to push that! I did about a mile and a half of a Leslie Sansone workout earlier and got distracted so I'm going to finish that too. We played outside all afternoon so letting little one watch an episode on her Curious George DVD and then maybe I'll see if she wants to march along to Leslie with me. Easier to do during her nap but she had fun playing along with me earlier too! Ideally I want to be able to do my exercise with her, whatever it is... my mom did a few active things with me when I was a kid but kind of stopped once I started school. My daughter will be homeschooled so I need to start the activity early and make it fun and routine since she will not be having a gym class at school!

6P.M. and not super hungry right now and I'm way under calories wise. I'd be at about 800 if I finished the pot of veggie/lentil stew that I'd made myself for lunch. Funny what drinking adequate water and snacking on fruits and veggies rather than grabbing something high calorie can do for a person. I'm sure I'll get hungry later. I usually get pretty ravenous in the evening and that has always been my biggest issue, but I have plenty of calories left to indulge the rest of my stew and have some meat, and oooh a smoothie later.

Nagazim
06-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Going2bthatgirl - you're just in time for me to say hi and bye! Glad to see you go! (In the nice way ;) )

Everlasting - what Leslie DVD are you using? (And, ahem, we're homeschooling too :])

Mara - Good luck!!! I hope hope hope you get your #!

Oh my body is tired. I finished the 1 mile DVD again and then went swimming. We got my littlest one a canopy ring super floatie thing that she sits in chest deep and I swim/push her back and forth down the pool doing my "laps". At least it's constant movement. I'm tired!

Weird thing happened today. My husband is pretty fit. He's really into armwrestling and weight lifting etc but has developed a small tummy over the past 5 years. It's not much. He's 6' and weight around 180-185lbs. Well he has decided he's fat and needs to diet. He's the WORST dieter in the history of ever. He called me while I was grocery shopping and said "What can I eat healthy from Dominos?" That's where work was having lunch and he wanted to "be prepared" with his order. It was cute but I could tell he didn't like the answers. At least he won't be needing brownies baked for a couple days. He'll cut out his Mt. Dew and his constant consumption of chips for a week and will drop his 15lbs like that. I'll still be trudging along this time next year. (Hopefully 100 lbs lighter.)

ubergirl
06-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Hey everybody!

Two days after getting back from my trip I was hungrier than usual and eating above my weight loss calories.... but today, my appetite just disappeared.

Didn't even eat 1000 calories.

Wish more days could be like that LOL. Was still 260 this morning. Time for me to start accelerating again.

Mara
06-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Thanks Nagazim.

I count calories. I use myfitnesspal. And they have some of the leslie walk at home videos on youtube. Directtv has a youtube option so I can bring the videos up on the tv. The 3 mile is my favorite.

Going2BeThatGirl
06-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Going2bthatgirl - you're just in time for me to say hi and bye! Glad to see you go! (In the nice way ;) )

:) It was nice to meet you, but unlike your husband I didn't call when we ordered Dominos :( I need to get back on track BIG time!

I have been off track since Wednesday, as I didn't make it to my weigh in. My husband and I had went into the city and my husband insisted on driving his car. Well his car ended up having a tire issue and the tread came off one. I put that baby up on the jack, took the lugnuts off and the tire wouldn't come off! Of all things, so I missed my meeting waiting on Triple A.

We have been somewhere everyday since the kids are out of school for the summer and we have no time to actually be home or for me and my ZERO willpower to stay on track.

Today we have a freezer, washer and dryer being delivered. So now I'm off to make breakfast for our 2 boys that are home for the weekend (girls are gone camping), then its to the laundry room to clean and then to the garage... BUSY DAY!!!

Hope everyone had a great week and ENJOY your Saturday!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Well I am in a stall plan a plane circling and circling the landing strip... not going up and not going down LOL (gonna run out of gas soon I am thinking!!!) Have any of you had a lengthy stall? Was it at a weight that you had weighed in the past that you had stuck with for awhile? (that's me this time)

G2BTG... You are a busy lady today (and this summer) I hope that you do have alot of laughter happening too with all those appliances being delivered and the kids out of school and almost changing a tire!!! woo hoo..

Ubergirl, Its good to see you again and like you I am stuck on 260 What say you .... We kick that NO down the street? :) I am actually thinking of putting a sticky note with 260 and taping it to a can and REALLY Kicking it around LOLOLOL

Hope everyone is having a Really Good Day! I hope that you are all singing inside with happiness!

Everlasting
06-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Nagazim- I have 2 DVDs which are newer I think: 5 really big miles, and 4 really big miles. They have the stretch band thing which I hate. Then I have a pile of VHS tapes that I pick up at Goodwill whenever I am there. I like the fast one... it's 4 miles, but they are like 12 minute miles. Get it over with quicker. Lol. It has Florine from WW in it too.

Wannaskipandlaugh- That sounds like an amazing exercise regime to burn some calories! Kick the can!

Well, my day started with waking up to my silkie chicken walking around my kitchen, so I had to clean chicken poop off the floor. The other chickens have tried to kill it every time I try to introduce it to the flock so it has been living in a big tub in my kitchen for 3 months now. I got fed up and took it to the livestock swap that was going on today in town and sold it to some 4H kid for $10. All that work for $10! Oh well. No more Wilson living in the kitchen.

Weighed in at 265.4 again this morning. On track so far with calories. Hubby is home and throwing a fit because he's mad about working on the garden fence today. He just came in the house and yelled down the hall... made me mad because the baby is napping and he always manages to wake her up early. After he stopped storming around the house and went back out, I felt like I wanted to binge and opened the fridge. I am hungry, haven't eaten lunch yet because we just got back from town, but I really did realize that my husband making me mad makes me just want to eat, eat, eat. Anyway, I stopped looking for food and distracted myself to come write this. Now I am going to go ahead and make my planned lunch.

Nagazim
06-08-2013, 11:05 PM
G2btg: Sounds like you had a lot of exercise today :) At least if you're busy, you're not snacking (which is my focus to stay active).

Wannaskip&laugh: Kick that can girl. Maybe "beating it up" will scare the scale for tomorrow!

Everlasting - you probably should expect this by now but.. we have chickens too :) Do you have goats? Food is absolutely my go to vise for all things emotional. If I'm happy "Let's celebrate with food". If I'm sad/mad "I'm gonna eat my feelings". Always happens when DH and I have any sort of fuss. Even if he's not aware we had one. :rolleyes: Way to go on fighting the urge to binge!

Today was so busy for us. We went for a walk (me pushing stroller) for 40 minutes in the sun and then came home to do yard chores. After chores, friends came over and we all swam for 2 hours. I literally felt so weak and tired cooking supper. I tried to drink a lot of water all during the day. I'm still tired.

I've realized the less sugar I eat, the less snacking/eating I want to do. Coincidence? I think not!

ubergirl
06-08-2013, 11:25 PM
wandaskipandlaugh I actually am 259 today, and holding the door open for you to join me in the next decade... let's go!

I want to really buckle down and go quick down through the 250s!

Everlasting
06-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Nagazim - No goats... haha. Just chickens and ducks. Would like some milk goats someday though and a sheep for the wool! And wow! Thats a lot of exercise for one day... I agree keeping moving keeps the cravings away.

Ubergirl - Yay for 250s! Cant wait to get there.

Well... Im at about 1100 calories today and feeling good. Ready for bed! I got a Leslie 5 mile walk in this evening so thats good! I just ordered an exercise ball on ebay. I used to sit at one and do weights when I was in college... also used it as a desk chair. I think I got rid of it when I moved. Anyway I ordered a 26" ball. Got thinking maybe I could find a really small one for Little one to bounce around on and found a "hippity hop" ball... haha... like a tiny yoga ball with a handle! So I ordered her a ball too and figure it will be a special thing for her to have out while mommy is exercising. I know I have some 1 lb weights hanging around somewhere that she could play around with too... but Im thinking I could also make her some fun half pund bean bags or something too... I need something productive for her to do whole I get a workout... the wooden blocks on the floor really hurt to step on.

ubergirl
06-09-2013, 09:50 AM
evenlastingsounds like you had a really great day!

wandaskipandlaugh Sorry to report that I bounced BACK to 260.0 this am. Salty olives for dinner. I've now been at this weight since 5/24, and the truth is that I'm not buckled down enough to lose. I need to get back to the level of focus that I was at before I left for my trip!!! But, I'm HAPPY because not losing is really okay, as long as we aren't GAINING we'll get there eventually.

I have a lot going on right now-- a lot of family is in town for my daughter's graduation and I know there are going to be several celebratory meals in the next few days. So, I'm giving myself permission if needed to maintain for a few more days and then tighten down again starting Wednesday when everyone leaves. One of my biggest goals is to learn to take maintenance breaks and not think that whenever I'm not achieving my goal of eating 1200 a day that I'm going to immediately start gaining.

Everlasting
06-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Ubergirl- That's the way to be! I have about a week and a half in July when I am going to be away from home at family reunions, visiting relatives, driving, flying... This is the kind of thing that could set me off track but I need to plan in advance. I'm going to utilize the family to watch my daughter so I can go on walks, and take a stroller too! I'm also going to be able to use my phone to still track calories, even if I eat at more of a maintenance level.

Well, I am at 264.8 this morning! Yay! Dropped below the 265 that I saw for a few days (probably because the first day of "265" I was actually a bit higher than that since the carpeted bathroom was throwing off the scale.) I thought of a redneck fix for it so I can still weigh in the bathroom, so I'm going to post the picture later... hehe...) I already got 5 miles with Leslie in this morning, ate an egg/spinach/tomato omelette for "brunch". Yum.

Mara
06-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Sorry I didn't get to login yesterday, but I am now at 257.8. :)

punkrocksong
06-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone - I came in at 265 today...I must have had a big whoosh over the last few days! I felt like I had been in the 270's for forever!

Everyone have a lovely weekend?

erinmarie312
06-09-2013, 01:48 PM
punkrocksong!!! Hey!! 265?! That's amazing!! Congrats Mara!!
I weighed in at 266.8 which is nice because past two days I was at 269 :/ I am eating a more clean diet now. Which is nice :) I like it so far.

wannaskipandlaugh
06-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Well :welcome2: to you Punk!!! WOO HOO and I am glad you have come to join us... tho I hope your hand heals fast (I read the other thread) Yikes. what kind of surgery did you have and what the heck happened?

Mara WOO HOO to you and Erinmarie & Everlasting too.. down down down... while I STALL STALL STALL STALL STALL

Uber Girl You too!! 260 argh... Me - 19 days around 260 is just so frustrating... ARGH! Another person has stalled at 160 for more than 20 days too... Must be that 60 no.. ARGH... Tomorrow tho.. Its gonna be history!!! I gots lots of water stored in this slimmer body (feet are swollen) so time for it to go Bye Bye!!!

Nagazim.... it is neat to not have cravings... Glad for you that you have cut out some of that sugar and glad you had a very nice (busy tho) day!

Nagazim
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Hello everyone - I came in at 265 today...I must have had a big whoosh over the last few days! I felt like I had been in the 270's for forever!

Everyone have a lovely weekend?

:welcome: to the group! It's great to have ya here and out of the 270s!

Yay for all of the loss in this group today! :carrot::carrot: Now I wish I had weighed to see if I caught the same bug!

Wannaskipandlaugh - Good luck tomorrow that all of the water weight will release you ;)

After church today, my group chose Mexican as our lunch meet-up. I wasn't thrilled since this is the place that has the best cheese dip and yummy chips by the bucket full. Quick google search to see what to definitely avoid. While ordering my grilled shrimp and veggies, I went full on "super dieter" and ask for no oil at all and begged the waiter to not make me even more fat (he got a kick out of it and underlined the "no oil" part for me). It was the biggest NSV as of yet. I left that restaurant and never ate any chips at all. I can't believe I did it! So this was me and dh walking to the car:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/happy-dancing.gif

It's a beautiful feeling!

I will say that other people acting offended because I wouldn't shovel the chips into my mouth too was frustrating. I felt like most people at our table were mad at me. I didn't try to make them feel bad. But I'm guessing they realize they should lose weight too. Haters gonna hate.