Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/180/180 (surgery recovery)

Height: 5'9"

Default Looking for 3FC members in NE Houston area

I live and work in the Spring/Humble area of Houston.

I'm looking for members who would like to possibly met, workout at the gym, go for walks, etc.

I am scheduled for a TT & BL June 6th , but til then, working out is high on my priority list. Once I am well enough to go out, long, slow walks, probably in a mall (due to summer heat) or something will probably be my main form of exercise until the end of July.

I am 31 years old and my boyfriend is 32. We are pretty low key and "homebodies", but figured I would throw a bone out there and see if anyone wanted to do long, slow walks and watch me try on clothes! lol I know he won't want to do that!
ikesgirl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

Hey, I live in Spring! I'm more of a jogger/hiker/gym go-er, though. Slow walks are only when I take my dog out! Do you have a gym you currently belong to?
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #3  

Yea, I go to the Blast! Fitness in Humble. Running has been "my thing" this past year, but since I am so close to goal and wanting to up my muscles before surgery, I've been focusing on Crossfit type workouts either at home or at the gym.

The slow walks are just going to be during recovery. Once I'm cleared for full on exercise, I'll be selecting my next half marathon to run in, and hopefully beat my time! My first 1/2 was in Feb 2013 and I finished in 2h33m, and I weighed over 200 pounds!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

That's amazing, congrats!! I haven't tried out Crossfit, but I do a lot of bodyweight exercises, is that similar? Like squat jumps, plank ups, crazy ab combos I come up with myself lol. I do a HIIT class where we use stuff like that to alternate our heart rates from high to moderate/low intensity.

I just jog for the enjoyment. Every time I have attempted to train for distance/endurance/speed with running, I get shinsplints. New shoes, slow progression, treadmill or outside....it doesn't matter, I always end up with slight shin splints. I love jogging but it doesn't love me! So I just do it as a relaxing thing. Until the next 5k mud obstacle thing comes through town....THAT I am all about!

Last edited by Andrea85; 05-05-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #5  

Similar, yes. It seems Crossfit, to some people borders on a "cult" like thinking, but I love it. Crossfit focuses on body weight and funcational exercises. It kinda goes hand in hand with the Paleo diet/mindset. Movements that you would do when hunting for food or trying to out run a saber tooth tiger! lol

If you are interested in checking it out, you can go to www.crossfit.com to get the workout of the day (WOD) and then go to www.crossfitbrandx.com to get the scaled workout. Generally, what you do is 5-10 minutes of warm-up activties (walking lunges, rowing, jump rope, lots of leg stretching stuff), then some midline work (thinks abs and back), practice a little strength/form, then the WOD, and a 5 minute cool down. Crossfit.com only provided the WOD, as the rest of it you do what gets YOU ready!

When I run, I kinda run with the same mindset as you. I run at a pace that I enjoy, and it just so happens to be fast enough to complete a half. Have you been to FleetFeet in The Woodlands? They have been awesome in finding shoes that make the distance so comfortable!

My boyfriend is doing MudMaxx in Humble on June 9th. It is an unofficial, charity (Shriner's) run, but fun. Unfortuantly, it is 3 days after my surgery, so I won't be able to run with him this year, or even go watch it! :-( If you're interested the website is www.mudmaxx.com