Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Nutribullet or Vitamix

I'm thinking of purchasing either one but the Vitamix may be too expensive. Has anyone had any problem with the Nutribullet.
Thanks
Kokonut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I have to say I love my Vitamix. I had a problem with it 2 years after I bought it, and the company diagnosed the problem over the phone and sent me replacement parts with easy to follow instructions. If that didn't work, they would have fixed it themselves.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #3  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

If you're interested in the nutribullet I'd also suggest getting the Ninja Pulse. It's what I ended up with, the motor is just as good if not a little better, it comes with a large 40 oz (I think) blender top too along with the three to-go cups. I really like it, just a thought I think I got mine on sale for $65 at Bed Bath and Beyond. They send you 20% off coupons if you have an online membership. I've not tried vitamix or nutribullet, so I can't compare them but I can just tell you that I really like it!!
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/159/135

Height: 5'1"

I have never heard of the nutribullet before, but I will say I bought my first vitamix 8 years ago, I love it, and customer service is amazing. they will help you with whatever you need. I accidentally put my tamper in without the lid and tore up the bottom of the tamper, and when I called for another issue they sent me a new tamper for free.

Recently I bought another vitamix, not because I got rid of my old one or because it doesn't work anymore, but because the new one is improved enough and I like the vitamix product/company well enough that I felt it would be worth it.

So while I can't speak to the nutribullet, I can tell you that you get what you pay for with the vitamix. I use it to make soups, juices, smoothies, ice cream, salsa, pesto sauce, and occasionally I use my new ones to chop onions, garlic, bell peppers, or other vegetables.
atreyyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202.6/196.4/135

Height: 5´7

I got the Nutribullett and LOVE it. I got it on Kohl´s 30% off.

I will break down one day and get the Vitamix, but as of right now I drink like 3 smoothies a week and spending 500 bucks for a blender that I use 3 times/week was out of the question.
Xena2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

I love my Nutribullet. I did have a problem with a cup leaking but they replaced it.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

After going through 3 blenders in a year, I bought a Vitamix. I haven't had one problem in the 7-8 years I've owned it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I think it depends what you want to use it for.. if you just want to blend up fruit smoothies and maybe throw in some baby spinach or spring mix greens I think the nurtibullet is fine.

If you are planning on doing some green smoothies with a wide variety and with every green leaf and vegetable you can find, plus want to make the soups and whatever else it does the vitamix is probably the better option.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

I have a Nutribullet and a Vitamix and I have to say I use the Nutribullet more, although I would never part with my Vitamix because it does things no other machine can do. The Nutribullet does a fine job with basic shakes and smoothies, and vegetable purees - it just can't handle the really tough jobs like pulverizing whole ice cubes with whole frozen strawberries, that the Vitamix can do with a hiccup. I even throw frozen bananas in my Vitamix for smoothies or banana bread. We're talking WHOLE frozen bananas. The reason I use the Nutribullet more is its more convenient when making a quick protein shake on the fly - as long as you go easy on the ice. If you can't afford both - I think I would suggest getting the Nutribullet now and starting a penny jar to save for your Vitamix. That's what I did.
SeattleNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #10  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyyena View Post
I have never heard of the nutribullet before, but I will say I bought my first vitamix 8 years ago, I love it, and customer service is amazing. they will help you with whatever you need. I accidentally put my tamper in without the lid and tore up the bottom of the tamper, and when I called for another issue they sent me a new tamper for free.

Recently I bought another vitamix, not because I got rid of my old one or because it doesn't work anymore, but because the new one is improved enough and I like the vitamix product/company well enough that I felt it would be worth it.
I love my vitamix, too. Just wondering how they have improved them. (Mine is about 10 years old and still going strong!). What are the new features?

Last edited by Annik; 06-25-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote