General Diet Plans and Questions - Vegan Before 6

View Full Version : Vegan Before 6

cookinmary
05-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Has anyone read the new book by Mark Bittman Vegan Before 6? I saw him on the Doctor Oz show. It sounds interesting and doable.

sunrise
05-03-2013, 02:19 PM
I am so sorry I missed the show, as I have the book is on order. It should arrive today! I'm doing intermittent fasting and will not do the "vegan before 6" thing, but I am switching over to a plant based diet and he gives great tips for doing so in a healthy way. I really like Mark Bittman's writings, and I heard the recipes in this book are real simple and tasty.

cookinmary
05-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I eat mostly a veg diet. It can be hard at times. I may go up to the book store over the weekend and take a peek at what's inside it, then decide if I "need" another vegan book.

His recipes that I did see, looked great.

sunrise
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM
zkh, what a great post!

I am doing it mainly for health reasons, although least harm to animals is such a nice plus.

"Your food choices protect the spirit of life." Beautiful!

Suzanne 3FC
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM
I've read VB6 and have followed Bittman's VB6 program since he first mentioned it a couple of years ago in "Food Matters". I don't eat any animal products most of the day, but will allow some seafood with dinner.

I think the plan makes sense and it's easy to follow :)

TripSwitch
05-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I actually just had a copy sent to me earlier this week... and to be honest I wasn't all that interested in it.... But I like Mark, so I'm going to give it a second look this weekend... and I think I'm going to try it out to see what kind of results I can get with it...