General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #1  
Mii

S/C/G: 230/200/135

Height: 5'9"

Default Any suggestions for meal replacement shakes?

Hi all -

I'm having a hard time finding a good meal replacer that is cheap (<$40) & high in protein AND fiber. I am looking for something to really tide me over - maybe something I can add fruits / vegetables to from time to time.

I've tried Lean Protein, Muscle Milk and GNC Lean25 but even adding some oat bran to these isn't really curbing my hunger. Does anyone drink any particular blend regularly?
Mii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #2  
Live from hobbitsville

S/C/G: 125.6/102.4/80 (kg)

Height: 163cm 5"6

i drink Red8 brand protein shakes, all natural ingredients 20g protein 16g carbs and no sugar! but i think it's a NZ only brand?!
azera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #3  
Michelle

S/C/G: 263/248/145

Height: 5'6"

Muscle milk is a gainer I thought. I mix Jillian Michaels Whey protein (vanilla) with Kefir and frozen fruit. It is tasty, you get your probiotics fruit and protein for lower fat and calories but high protein. It seems to stick with me.
ranada7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranada7 View Post
Muscle milk is a gainer I thought. I mix Jillian Michaels Whey protein (vanilla) with Kefir and frozen fruit. It is tasty, you get your probiotics fruit and protein for lower fat and calories but high protein. It seems to stick with me.
Many gainers have the same calorie/fat/carb/protein content as meal replacements, the only difference being in how the're used - as a between meal snack rather than as a meal replacement.

I use unflavored microfiltered whey protein isolate from a local dairy. Syntrax Medical is a microfiltered whey (cold processed so the proteins remain intact). Cold process whey dissolves easier in liquids and has a milder, more milky flavor).

In a pinch, I will dissolve it into juice or Crystal Light or warm (but not too hot) cocoa.

Otherwise, I'll throw it in a blender with some frozen fruit and almond milk.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I've been enjoying some called Evolve, they are made by muscle milk. Stats are: 110 calories, 2.5g fat, 13 g carb (5g fiber), 12g protein.

I have at least one per day, I mix a vanilla one with slightly sweetened chai tea concentrate. Yum!!

I'm not sure how they compare cost-wise. I think it's usually $5-$7 for a pack of 4.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

I used chia seeds in my smoothies. They are super filling and nutritious. Let them sit in whatever liquid for about 10 mins then add whatever to the blender....
cosmic wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #7  

Default vega one

i enjoy vega one all-in-one nutritional shake every day. it's really good but not exactly cheap. still it helps me control my eating. i usually add a banana or some berries. also a big fan of chia seeds but these i put in my müesli in the morning.
barbonfb is offline   Reply With Quote