Metabolic Research Center - May 2013

View Full Version : May 2013

struggling Nicole
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
It has been a while since I have been on here. A lot must have changed (there wasn't a may thread yet and when I was on previously someone had it up at midnight)

I am taking this journey with MRC again and wanted to turn here for help AGAIN! I LOVE this program and can't thank it enough for changing my life. In November 2010 I started my journey with the program and lost 47 lbs. I was actually able to get pregnant on my own (two prior fertility babies) in November 2011. Now I am just trying to loose my baby weight and get back to where I was at the end of my program. This time, I am doing it alone. I have about an entire year of maintance left on my program. I was told as long as I was within my weight limit when I am done breastfeeding, they will continue my maintance. I am just working hard to get there. So excited to be back here and meeting some new weight loss pals!

patzi
05-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi Nicole...
Welcome back.. I am over in maintenance now.. Been on maintenance, 3 years February. So come over and say hello once in awhile.
I want to wish you the best on your new challenge. So nice to hear from you.
Patzi

Monkeysocks
05-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Welcome back, and congrats on your new little one!

struggling Nicole
05-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Down 3 lbs. Had a big hiccup this past weekend during graduation parties. There was food EVERYWHERE!!! I couldn't get away. Back on track now. But for sure reason super starving right now. Did HNS and can't wait until it is time to eat again.

Lady67
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Hi - I am new here... and new to MRC. My sister is on the program and has lost over 70 lbs. I am very proud of her. I have some health issues and needed to try something to get on the right track with my weight. I found this website when I was doing some research and hope that by reading everyone's story that I will keep the motivation to keep going. Day one of the rest of my life... and 65 lbs to go!

Lady67
05-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Just out of curiosity - where do you go to get a weight loss tracker? I am not finding it.

tennesseemom
05-13-2013, 02:50 PM
I think directions are in the area where you adjust your profile.

Lady67
05-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks Tennesseemom! I did not see it when I first looked, but will definitely look again :)

doingitmyway
05-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi all just wanted to do a check in. I weighed in yesterday Day 23 and I am down 12.5 pounds. I am so excited to see this program work so fast.

Lady67
05-17-2013, 11:12 AM
congratulations doingitmyway! I have been doing preconditioning - and they had to change my class date, so I will have preconditioned 13 days before I start the program. :/ I have not weighed myself but am curious as to what has happened during that time!

Lady67
05-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Well folks, I went in tonight for the food class... I have been preconditioning since 5-10-13... and I have lost 7.5 lbs!! I know that this is just water weight but wow, what a motivator!

klhirte
05-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Congrats! Water weight or not...it is still 7.5 lbs you are no longer packing around. ;)

Lady67
05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
thank you thank you thank you!!! I am excited! can't tell can you? :p

Lady67
05-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Weighed in last night. Lost another 2.5 lbs. That means I have hit the 10 lb mark! woohoo!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Monkeysocks
05-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Happy dancing today, finally made 30 lbs, in fact shot right past it to -31!!

This feels awesome because I was stuck just before here, went from losing 3 lbs. a week to a small gain, then a small loss, another small loss. Last few weeks have been -28, -27, -29, -29 1/2. So -31 feels amazing!

Reinvigorating my program for sure! Also I found out today about medi-quick menu, it will be so helpful to have a few days available where I can do 2 shakes and just worry about a dinner. No more than 7 times a month, but there are travel days where it will really help. Also tomorrow I am moving, so it will be awesome.

Interesting though, the other plan I lost weight on was Medifast, which is very similar, their shakes and bars for breakfast, lunch and snacks, just a lean and green dinner. Didn't feel like real life though, so I gained it all back very quickly when I stopped. So the limitation to 7 days a month makes a lot of sense. We do have to know how to eat real food.

Monkeysocks
05-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Weighed in last night. Lost another 2.5 lbs. That means I have hit the 10 lb mark! woohoo!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations! Bet you feel great!:dizzy:

Lady67
05-24-2013, 04:37 PM
thanks Monkeysocks, and congrats to you!!! 30 lbs is wonderful! I look forward to a couple of months when I am able to hit that also... for now though, it is one day at a time.

Lady67
05-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Well, weighed in tonight. Another 2.5 lbs. That makes a total of 12.5 lbs!!:carrot:

pdxsunshine
05-31-2013, 02:55 AM
I am so excited, reading so many wonderful posts! I was always taught to strive and work TOWARDS something, rather than focusing on the negative and what must be avoided or left behind. So I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who is keeping the focus pointed forward.

I started MRC back on 4/1 with one of my best friends and have gone from 261 down to 227. I was amazed at how much better I felt after just the first 10 lbs, and it just keeps getting better and better. And the more I lose, the more motivation I find to stick with it. I have certainly not been a perfect client, but the team I'm working with has continually supported my efforts and keeps my focus exactly where I need it to be - always forward. And the support from my best friend is invaluable. As is that of my family and the rest of my friends.

I still have quite a ways to go. But for the first time ever, I actually believe that I can reach my goal! That is such a liberating belief!

So please keep posting your successes, no matter how big or how small. Each and every one is a source of inspiration for someone reading this forum. And they all add up to something significant!