Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

Default Undergarment selection

I was wondering about those ladies out there that might be bigger breasted who are jogging/running, what do you do about support? I started to job a little yesterday but found that it was too embarassing to continue because I felt I did not have enough support and things were bouncing all over the place. I was wearing just a regular sports bra that I bought from walmart. I am not looking to buy anything expensive, I though that I might be able to get some suggestions before I attempt to jog tonight. THank you
angelsandfairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi AngelsandFairies. I don't mess around when it comes to support for exercise so I don't have any inexpensive options. I've been pretty happy with the Panache Sports line (underwire) and with the Anita sports line (both underwire and the non-underwire models). They are pricey, but I hand wash them after each use in cold water with a very gentle lingerie detergent and they last a solid year. If you can find a bra or lingerie shop that specializes in fitting, I think it's worth the investment! Good luck.
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Okay, since you don't want anything expensive I'll skip the "buy a better sports bra" speech lol. The sports bras sized by S M L XL etc. are awful.

Sports bras sold in stores usually come in different strengths. Light, medium, maximum, stuff like that. Sounds like you want a maximum sports bra. It'll be listed on the tag when you buy it. If that's already what you have then my advice would be to wear two sports bras at once. I knew a girl on track in high school who needed two because the bouncing of her enormous breasts would RIP a single sports bra.

Maybe try different brands on. Do some jumping in the fitting room to see how they move in the bra. Oh and always make sure to check the clearance rack. I've never bought one that wasn't on clearance. It's great. $5 sports bra? Don't mind if I do.

Last edited by Daki; 05-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I am strapped for cash myself and ran into the same problem. I went to a local "bra store"...the sports bras were 70-100 BUCKS! Holy glockenspiel what a racket! I am a 38 DD and I just wear two sports bras. I get them tighter fitting from Target, about 10-15 buck a piece. Holds my girls down anyway! Haha! Good luck with the jogging, hope you find a solution that works for you and your pocketbook!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

THanks everyone. I think I might look into buying a better quality bra for my jogging. I will probably break down and buy a good bra. Thanks EliseVi for the suggestion on type of bra!
angelsandfairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #6  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsandfairies View Post
I was wondering about those ladies out there that might be bigger breasted who are jogging/running, what do you do about support? I started to job a little yesterday but found that it was too embarassing to continue because I felt I did not have enough support and things were bouncing all over the place. I was wearing just a regular sports bra that I bought from walmart. I am not looking to buy anything expensive, I though that I might be able to get some suggestions before I attempt to jog tonight. THank you
I used to hate running fort he same reason but then
I bought some sports bras from lanebryant/cacique, and I love them! They are kind of pricey, but I got them with the store had a 50% flash sale. they have those occasionally.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #7  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

JMS (Just My Size) has a website and their bras are pretty good. I like most of them. The only thing with online ordering is that you can't try it on. I think their lingerie is pretty good and they are reasonably priced.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote