Simply Filling/Core - Chat: Core/Simply Filling: May 1-15

Tejas
05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
new pages!

FOCUS :grouphug:

Tejas
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Sandra--I'll send you an email about what we at our congregation are doing. It might work for you too.

Vicki, just hang in there and do the right thing.

My good intentions to start the elliptical today fell by the wayside when I woke up to a hurting foot. I stopped the Meloxicam and then had two performances. I'm going to take it for 5 days and see if that calms it down.

I've been taking an acrylic art class. I'm just so not a painter :lol: But, it's a challenge and I'll take three more classes!

Thursday night our town starts what is called "twilight tunes." It's an outdoor music concert on the county square and is lots of fun. It runs for 2 months, then it gets too hot for most people.

Every 2 weeks, 2 ladies come to clean our house---it's such a luxury, and they're here today. Heaven on earth.

ontarget
05-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Thank you, too, for the information.
Glad you have help with the cleaning. Your home is really large--and clean!!

I'm not thinking I'll do exercise today. I'm tired.

Vickie, I wish you all the success. I'm in this with you. I'm going to meetings again, though. I didn't have enough discipline to do this at home. Well, I barely have discipline to do it going to meetings. Life goes on....

I went to WW yesterday afternoon and had gained .2 lbs. My tracker is the same, though. I'm not happy but am still chugging along.

Sloan, thank you for the hugs.

sloanie
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
In all my "busy-ness" :book2:I have fallen off the wagon, big time. Being tired is never good for me when it comes to eating.

Sandra, I may need to go back to meetings, too. Sometimes we just need it, don't we?

Rhonda, "twilight tunes" sounds wonderful!

Vickie, :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Nancy, still thinking about our race to 140. Apparently thinking is not good enough :rofl:

Hey, Maryann!

ontarget
05-01-2013, 10:04 PM
:cheer: :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Yep, Sloan. We do need that accountability. I'm stuck at the wrong place to be practicing maintenance. :lol:

Tejas
05-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm having strawberries, white wine, Edam cheese (2 ounces) and a few crackers.

Today we had lunch at a new deli in town. It was good, but too much grease on the grill. We won't go back very often.

We have 2 garages and I cleaned one of them today. I still have a little bit more to do, but it looks much better and I'm glad I did it.

We're expecting a cold front by midnight...the temperature expected to fall 20 degrees in 30 minutes...down to the high 30's which will be a new record if it happens.

Tejas
05-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't think it got as cold as expected, but tonight's forecast is much the same.

I've just made our brunch--eggs, cheese, mushrooms, chives and green onions in an omelette, bacon and low-carb toast. I'm now headed out for a mile walk, then going to the gym to lift weights :woohoo:

sloanie
05-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Inspiring, Rhonda!

ontarget
05-02-2013, 07:45 PM
:carrot: Rhonda. You're inspiring.

Tejas
05-02-2013, 10:36 PM
OK, tomorrow the elliptical.

Twilight Tunes had to move indoors to a local restaurant/bar...it was so cold outside. But, we had fun anyway listening to a lively Mexican band Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner!

Vickie
05-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I did well at the first of many birthday celebrations. Yesterday was Jim's. Today is lunch out with a GF to celebrate both of our birthdays.

Sorry I haven't had a change to touch base with each of you, but I plan to be ablee to have time soon.

nancy237
05-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Hardly slept at all last night..
Strange chest & upper back discomfort. I may head to the Dr today if it persist.

My cat was snuggled up to me last night sound asleep and must have had a dream about being attacked. He jumped straight up in midair and got some deep scratches
in my arm before running away. Poor thing was scared to come back in the bedroom for hours..I cleaned the scratches and put neosporin on them..

No showings on the house in almost 2 weeks, so its hard to keep it ready to show at all times..I will clean & work on the yard this weekend. Its hard to decide
whether to lower the price or wait it out longer before considering that..
My realtor wants me to lower it just a tad now..
I know lots of sellers have to decide that when selling..

Headed out to see my plastic surgeon for a follow up to my ear surgery,
then to meet a friend that I haven't seem since fall..

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. The sun finally peeked out here this morning..

Tejas
05-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Nancy, I'm sorry you got hurt, but that's funny about the cat. I've never herd such a thing. Good luck with the house and the ear.

I've got to go to both a birthday party and a memorial service tomorrow. What a day.

I didn't make it to the elliptical because I am very sore from the workout with the trainer. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

I hope you're all well.

nancy237
05-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Rhonda..a birthday party & memorial service is quite a range of
events isn't it..

Enjoyed my friend today, my lab results on the ear mole came back great..
Feeling better...

I plan to clean & do yard work tomorrow.. It's been rainy all week so the yard is untidy..

Vickie
05-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to pick some new prescription sunglasses, look at window treatments, and get a pedicure.

Rain here today but that is ok. Nothing violent.

Kisses and hugs. Should be home all day tomorrow with just laundry, cooking!

Tejas
05-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Nancy, good going on the mole results.

My day was interesting. The party was for a 7 year old and the memorial for a 74 year old. I spent the rest of the day working in the garden and cleaning around the place.

DH and I watched "Murder She Said" a movie with Margaret Rutherford playing Miss Marple. I love Agatha Christie.

Tejas
05-05-2013, 03:04 PM
:wave:

ontarget
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
We're home from the family reunion. Had a great time. Ate lots of pie. Saw lots of family. We're tired. I'll be back later. Love to you all!

ontarget
05-05-2013, 05:40 PM
I just read your posts. I'm sending you all kisses and hugs, too.

nancy237
05-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Another rainy day here..Kinda ready for some sunshine..

2 showings today..so that is encouraging..glad I cleaned & did yard work yesterday..

I am into a good murder mystery book ..I used to make a fort in my closet when I was a kid and read mystery books by flashlight..strange kid ;)

Tejas
05-05-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm reading the "Jack Reacher" series. I always had to close the closet door before I could sleep :lol:

I did a lot of yard work today, and it's made me very tired.

Glad you had some showings, Nancy. And, glad you had a good time, Sandra.

nancy237
05-06-2013, 10:10 AM
More rainy weather..

I am getting a slow relaxing start today, having coffee and making my list for the week..

One bad food choice yesterday, but back on track..Maybe I should just allow myself one weekend cheat.. !!

I finished my book last night and plan to start another tonight..I enjoy the quiet
house & reading at night with the cat on my lap (but I keep a closer eye on him for nightmares :D)

Tejas
05-06-2013, 01:38 PM
I enjoy the quiet in my house too. I get it in the mornings before DH wakes up.

No cat though. I'd like to have one but DH is not so keen on them in the house.

Tejas
05-06-2013, 06:00 PM
ummm...shrimp cocktail, grilled salmon, kale and new potatoes for late lunch. not bad at all... made it ourselves.

I'm going out tonight to listen to some wonderful jazz.

ontarget
05-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Nancy, I'm so glad your lab work came back good. What a blessing!

Rhonda, enjoy the music tonight. We'll be watching "The Voice."

I have 5 more days of tutoring. I love those kids!

My food is bad. I'm going to WW tomorrow but will refuse to WI.

nancy237
05-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Rhonda..I want your day !! Salmon..jazz..Does it get any better !!

It has rained about 3 inches here today..

I have done odds & ends and
got a few things done outside between rains.

Tomorrow I am going to see Iron Man 3 with my cousin and taking her out to dinner for her birthday..

Tejas
05-06-2013, 10:53 PM
This is who I went to hear:

http://www.carolynmartinmusic.com/

It was just her and her husband, a bass player. They were amazing--and no cover.

Here she is, singing "Detour"..a swing classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FtUJMEiCPo

Tejas
05-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I was going out to art class and then to hear more jazz. The art teacher is sick and the people who were going out to hear jazz have changed their minds. So, I'm in for the evening.

I spent a few hours working in the yard again today. I have two large areas in my front lawn turned over to native perennials and I've been putting down landscape cloth and mulch. The mulch is on sale thank goodness. It's back-breaking work and my hamstrings don't like it either :lol:

Eating has been OK, probably too many carbs, but not the worst day at all.

nancy237
05-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Went to see Iron Man 3 today and out to eat with my cousin..
They brought me an overcooked "shoe leather" steak twice so
I just ate the salad & sweet potato & shrimp that came on the plate.
It was enough anyway & they took the steak off the check.

2 showings tomorrow evening so in the morning I plan to work in the yard.

Night all !!

sloanie
05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
:shrug: Where are you, chickies?

ontarget
05-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I posted here earlier, but the post isn't here. :dizzy: Don't know what happened.

Three more days of tutoring left. After that one day of subbing late next week. After that--summer vacation for me!!!! I am not subbing the last part of May. :lol:

I am OP. Life is good.

Tejas
05-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I was in the hot tub, after a day of working in the yard. I have put out 10 bags of mulch and I have twice that left to do.

I also put out some more plants and poisoned some fire ants. I usually live and let live, but not those guys.

Glad to hear you're taking some time off, Sandra.

We're expecting rain, and that would be nice.

nancy237
05-09-2013, 11:23 AM
I had a caffienatied Diet Coke last night at the movies and couldn't sleep
til the wee hours of the morning...

Nice & Sunny here !! Yay..

I am catching up some paperwork then I need to let some water out of the pool so it skims properly.

Feedback on one of the 3 showings is a no go, hope the others liked it better,

ontarget
05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Rhonda, you're getting a lot of yardwork done. How about photos when you get a chance?

Nancy, I hope one of your viewers says, "Yes."

I made pinto beans/ham, cabbage, roasted cauliflower, cornpones, pickled beets (can), fresh green onion (Our garden) for dinner. It was what I call a "Country Dinner." Good!!! (9 pts)

sloanie
05-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey chickies, I have been checking up on y'all but have been very busy. I am counting the days until summer!

Rhonda, I need some yard work done. Do you hire yourself out?

Sandra, your supper sounds so good! Can I come over?

Nancy, I hope your house sells soon! Will you keep showing it through the summer?

I am sitting on my porch and a cool breeze is blowing. The birds are singing, and it is so peaceful! I love this time of year!

nancy237
05-09-2013, 08:27 PM
It's nice weather here too..

All 3 showing's were "no's" yesterday..I am having a great big pity party over it too..Most say they want more updates..But if I do those updates that runs up how much I have in the house..Maybe if they saw what it looked like 2 years ago :D

I really want to just work and have no yard to deal with..
Patience !!

My youngest boy finished his exams today to complete his 3rd year of college..
He had a great semester & I don't think I want to know what he is up to tonight LOL..He turns 21 in a week .

Tejas
05-09-2013, 10:31 PM
You dinner sounds great, Sandra.

Nope, I don't hire out for yard work :lol: I can barely get mine done. I could try pictures I bet.

Selling houses can be upsetting---but, I bet you'll have good luck and get what you wish for.

We had some rain, but not nearly enough.

I still haven't made it to the elliptical. But, I'll try tomorrow. I do go to the trainer twice a seek and that's better than not!

Nancy, you're a wise mother--don't ask too many questions.

ontarget
05-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Sloan, come on over. Then can I come over and sit on the porch with you?

Nancy, :lol: about your son. Tell him to be safe.

Rhonda, twice a week is wonderful. You have muscle not marshmallows. I have marshmallows.

One more day!!!! Monday is it!!! We're going to spend it giving pep talks and giving moral support. I hope someone lets me know who passes that test next Tuesday. I will be on pins and needles. I'm OP.

Tejas
05-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Yep, I got muscles..you should see me hauling bags of mulch like they're almost nothing.

DH and I were very bad today. We got a triple hot fudge sundae and shared it with the dog. We didn't give her the chocolate of course, but she liked the whipping cream and her dollop of ice cream quite a bit. We all enjoyed it. :lol:

Rain and storms around us, and mostly south of us...did you get the storms, Sandra?

I guess you all know about the explosion in West, Texas. Did you know that the Texas Rangers have been called in. Now that is serious law enforcement.

ontarget
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hot fudge sundae...... Was it from Braum's?

Rhonda, we got .9 inches of rain. Yihooo!!!!!

I hadn't heard about the Texas Rangers being called in. Our dil is principal at the school where I've been tutoring. The other day she took a group of students (10-12 year olds) to West Intermediate School to deliver $1500 they had raised. She said they got to tour the school building and visit some classrooms. Everyone felt really good after that visit.

We just had left overs from Thursday evening's garden vegetable dinner. If I were on old CORE, it would have been 0 pts--and WAS IT AMAZINGLY GOOD!!!!

Now I'm doing some "cook ahead" stuff. Life is good.

Vickie
05-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Ok...there is SUGAR in the air here too! Just finished cleaning house and getting ready to celebrate our birthdays with our family. Dinner out at Granite City and a homemade lemon cake with homemade lemon buttercream frosting.

Three more celebrations to go after today.

Kisses and hugs.

P.S. Got our window estimate and you all almost lost me because I feel like my heart stopped. The two quarter rounds and the one half round were almost $10,000 by themselves!!!! Lordy...and we have 24 windows besides those. Sigh.

Be back soon, I hope.

ontarget
05-11-2013, 03:23 PM
:yikes: Vickie. But your windows will be awesome. Your birthday cake sounds delicious. You're going to be tired of celebrating by the end. But enjoy!

Okay, I'm off here to have some sf jello. (Is this really me?)

Tejas
05-11-2013, 11:21 PM
$10,000!? Wow. Good luck!

Yes, it was Braums, Sandy...what else?

Today i was good though....eggs for breakfast, and a vegetable plate tonight. I had some home-made no added sugar cookies...you know the oatmeal and applesauce kind.

I worked in the yard again. I hurt all over and am headed for the hot tub. :faint:

Tejas
05-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all of you. I got a sweet card from DH's grandkids, to whom I am "Nana." I love it.

ontarget
05-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Happy Mother's Day, everyone. I know this is a sad/happy day for most. I feel it, too. But like I tell Curtis, "It's a beautiful day."

sloanie
05-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Happy Mother's Day, chickies!

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
Abraham Lincoln

nancy237
05-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Happy Mother's Day !!!

Spent time with my daughter & family today and went to a movie & dinner with
my cousin & her kids this evening.

Just finished watching a 2 hr season finale for Revenge..Lots happened..

Vickie
05-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Chicks! My eating was great yesterday...except for the piece of leftover birthday cake. I froze the last 3 pieces to see if it works. Had to get it off my counter.

This morning Brodie goes for a recheck on his upper respiratory infection and we have Sears coming to repair our microwave and tune up our dishwasher. If we are buying new windows, we cannot afford all new appliances. Another busy week for us.

Hope you are all well and on program.

Vickie
05-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Brodie is good. Microwave parts are ordered to be installed next Tuesday. How on earth will we live without a microwave until then?!

So far my eating is good but it has been a struggle.

Are you all out enjoying your lovely Spring days?

ontarget
05-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Kudos, Vickie. You're focused for sure.

Nancy, your day sounds good.

Rhonda, I just saw a Blue Bell advertisement for Italian Cream Cake Ice Cream. Hmmmmmm. I mean Mmmmmmmmmm.

ontarget
05-13-2013, 08:02 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

I am finished tutoring. The kids take the math test tomorrow and the reading test Wednesday.

nancy237
05-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I am in such a better frame of mind than I was a few days ago.

I realized that whether the house sells or not that it is just one
part of my life. I am back to planning things that interest me and
thinking through my career direction. I also decided it would be good to
take a month or so and focus on myself..
Exercise, healthy eating , sleep routine, makeup consult, finding some kayaking friends...Stuff like that..
Then I have to decide which setting I want to work in.

My nephew is getting married in Ga this weekend so I need to shop for a
rehersal dinner dress and one for the wedding too..

Tejas
05-13-2013, 11:13 PM
All is well here...took a 45 minute walk, without too much pain; worked in the yard for a while; went to the gym to see the trainer; read a book; went to a meeting about gas drilling; ate well; and had a martini :lol:

Vickie
05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Rhonda, I'm so happy you are walking and exercising again without pain. I'm taking baby steps...but steps they are! I've never had a martini but I know I wouldn't like it. I like sweet drinks. Besides, I decided a long time ago that I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.

Sandra, woo hoo that your tutoring is over. Are you done subbing for the school year?

Nancy, you sound like you are moving toward a good place in your head. Selling a house is beyond stressful. If they were really interested, they'd make an offer and ask you to make allowances for the things they perceive need to be updated. I have a Nephew who is a real estate agent and he says the market will always tell you the truth. Maybe it isn't getting the publicity it needs, or the description isn't accurate. He always told us that we needed to at least consider the feedback from the viewings. I hope you sell soon. It seems like a big place for one person.

Hey Pam...Hey Sloan......Maryann? Gotta go eat breakfast now and convince myself to walk on my treadmill. Catching Fire awaits me!

Going out for dinner and then to watch my 7 year old Goddaughter/Great Niece play softball. Bound to be adorable.

ontarget
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Speaking of steps: I bought a WW pedometer last week and am thoroughly loving it!! I heard somewhere that we should strive for at least 10,000 steps per day. I have met that twice so far and over 8000 each of the other days. Curtis wants me to get him one of these pedometers tonight at WW. I hope they have some more as I got the last one last week. If they have more, I'll definitely get him one.

Vickie, makes me smile thinking of you watching your Goddaughter play softball. We've been watching one of our grands do the same. Great memories!! I am subbing Honors English this Friday. That's my last day this school year. :woohoo:

We got our airline tickets yesterday afternoon. We're going to Seattle mid-June to see our grands and great grands. :woohoo:

Send me ;) for WI tonight. Love you all!!!

sloanie
05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
:cheers: Rhonda! Do you drink 007 martinis or sissy martinis? I like the sissy kind, myself :D

Nancy, glad you are feeling positive about things. A make-up consult sounds fun!! :yay:

Vickie, congrats on the focused eating :hungry:

Sandra, glad you are finished with students for the year. Now you can relax :beach:

I am sitting on my porch again this afternoon, and I am loving it. Our Tennessee summer is taking longer than usual to appear, and I am loving that, too! It won't be long till the "air you can wear" gets here. Hope you chicks are having a relaxing evening! TTFN

Tejas
05-14-2013, 09:25 PM
007, of course.

Vickie, I didn't say without pain :lol: I said without too much pain. I've already decided that 45 minutes is too much--going down to 35. Anyway, of course it's better than before.

Pedometers are good tools. 10,000 steps a day is the goal, yes.

Good that you're going to Seattle--have you been there before? we'll be there in August, as part of the cruise.

Nancy, take your time. Really.

I had a normal protein shake for dinner and I don't feel well-nauseated. Can't figure out why, but I'm sure it will pass.

nancy237
05-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Wonderful day..

Shopping for dresses is hard work !! I found one I love that is
colorful & elegant and I plan to find a black(short sweater) top to go over
it..So one down & one to go..

I have never tried martinis , so I don't know if I would like them or not..

Sloan..we have some nice mild spring days here too, and I am enjoying..

Rhonda..I think I got my walking in today shopping..

Tejas
05-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Rough night...shortly after I wrote I started vomiting and shaking. My temperature went up to 100 and the shaking was amazing. We all know what chills and shivering are like, but this was shaking uncontrollably. :(

It all calmed down around midnight and I slept well.

Boy, I don't know if it was a quick virus or I got food poisoning from the shake--it was cottage cheese, yogurt, frozen berries, and liquid egg white. They were all within their due dates. :shrug:

We were able to get it out of the carpet. Nature's Magic is a great product. :lol:

Glad that you found a dress, Nancy...and any step counts!

nancy237
05-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Rhonda ...Sorry !!!!

I hope you can rest & sleep today and recover..That sounds like a scary
episode !! Should you ask your Dr about it ??

ontarget
05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Rhonda, that really sounds like food poisoning. I'm glad you're over it now.

Nancy, glad you found your dress. How about photos?

I had sort of a meltdown last night after WW, but I stayed within my weekly allowance points and didn't even have to use activity points. On a good note, I didn't really like that Blue Bell enough to get addicted to it. (I'm addicted to Braum's.)

Sloan, I hear ya on air to wear. We almost melted when we were at the kids at Fort Campbell. Now they are near Seattle.

Rhonda, I have never been to Seattle but I have been to other parts, especially Spokane. Beautiful country. We used to live around 200 miles from Spokane.

Just finished lunch. Sloan, I'm going to watch Revenge Finale now.

Tejas
05-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm better, just a low-grade headache now. And, I've been sleeping most of the day. It does sound like food poisoning, but I had had exactly the same shake the day before. I'll throw out the egg whites as a start.

I had two women scheduled to come and clean house, and I gave them the opportunity to cancel. But they said "no, if you're sick, you really need a clean house." That was sweet.

I've always said that one of my favorite sounds is someone else running the vacuum cleaner.

The product we used on the carpet is Nature's Miracle, not Magic.

ontarget
05-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you're feeling better--and that you have a clean house. ;)

Tejas
05-15-2013, 09:07 PM
I asked DH to get me some ginger ale--he did. And, he also bought frozen pizzas, a turnover, angel food cake, peanut butter crackers, vanilla wafers, etc.

See why I do all the shopping? :lol:

Headache persists, but the good thing is, my foot hardly hurts since I've been in bed mostly for 22 hours.

nancy237
05-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Shopped more today and searched the entire Mall for the right cover sweater
for one of the dresses..I may just return that dress because I can't seem to complete it..Then finally found shoes..I have bunions which mades
shopping for dress shoes impossible..The one pair I could wear the sales lady just had to say "looked old style"

I got home and heard something upstairs which I thought was the cat..Then I noticed one of the back door french doors was unbolted & slightly ajar. Then I saw a trashcan slightly moved. Scared me enough that I left the house and
called the deputy sheriff . He walked through the house with me to be sure it was secure..So, I am still pretty jumpy at the normal house noises...
He kept asking if I left all these lights on.."yep"

I have a weakness for men in uniform and this deputy was very handsome..
So when he said "you call me for anything at all, anytime " I am thinking
hmmmmm..:devil:

nancy237
05-15-2013, 10:03 PM
I asked DH to get me some ginger ale--he did. And, he also bought frozen pizzas, a turnover, angel food cake, peanut butter crackers, vanilla wafers, etc.

See why I do all the shopping? :lol:

Headache persists, but the good thing is, my foot hardly hurts since I've been in bed mostly for 22 hours.

This is not how we want you to lose weight & rehab your foot :D

Tejas
05-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Nancy, so glad there was no intruder...in Toronto that would be a raccoon...and, hmm, a good looking man in uniform...that's good. I'd say call him.

And, if I ate what DH brought I'd gain another 20 pounds.

There are bad storms and tornados all around, including where Sandra lives. We are OK. There have been fatalities, damage and injuries in my childhood home town.

Sandra, report in ASAP.

nancy237
05-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Sandra !!!
Yoo Hoo !!!