General Diet Plans and Questions - Smoothies for breakfast & lunch?

View Full Version : Smoothies for breakfast & lunch?

Firecracker777
05-01-2013, 12:24 PM
I recently started a new job and everyone here eats at their desk. I bring my own lunch but it's so quite that if I bring a salad it's incredibly crunchy! I don't want to bring any sandwhiches and I can't heat anything up, so that leaves out soups and left over dinners.

I have been making smoothies (cocont milk, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and spinach) for breakfast since I just don't have time to make anything quick. I was thinking of maybe making a lunch smoothie with more veggies in it and maybe some protein (almond butter?) and maybe make a double size then what my breakfast one is.

I am not trying to turn this into a quick weight loss fast/detox... just trying to include more veggies and have a lunch! lol

Does this sound feasible or just not worth it health wise?

Sheridan
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi,
Smoothies are great but I also need some solids for lunch. I add a few crackers,cheese and veggies . This combo seems to fill me up.

Good luck.
Sheridan

NemesisClaws
05-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I work at the office too and have a cubicle. Every little sound there sounds 10 times more magnified!

After a while, you get over it. :) Don't worry about what it may sound like to someone else. Chances are, they're doing the same thing too.

Me Too
05-05-2013, 12:02 AM
soups are a quiet food.