Support Groups - Worldly Chicks - MAYbe we'll be good and MAYbe we won't

annie175
05-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Good Morning...time for the morning coffee!

I am loving the new car. It rides so smooth. I am getting used to sitting up higher than in the Camry. I drove to work, probably under the speed limit then parked out in BFE so no one would ding me. Let's see how long that lasts..lol

MELLIE...good for you keeping your weekends to yourself. Not like you really do anyway with all the alarms, good to hear you actually got a great night's sleep.

HAPPY...glad you are enjoying volunteering at the shelter. Maybe you could get some great ideas and knowledge on the animals and we could have a shelter or petting zoo at the commune..lol.

SHADDIE...WOW Sophie is coming up on that 1st birthday. I do remember the wedding of your niece. I love the Youtube of it so much I saved it as a favorite. More babies, whew whoooo!! I keep thinking Samantha is going to spring it on me, but nothing yet. They are not really trying but not avoiding it either.

CEEG...sounds like a little choas at work with the boss/friend. Hope it all turns out the way you would like it to. How's the head feeling?

CHELLE...funny you mention Eat, Pray, Love...I was just the opposite when I watched it the first time. I was right there with Julia Roberts. Funny how life events mess with our thoughts.

LAURA...ok, I will go see the Great Gatsby altho I did see the first on with RR, and I liked it. Of course that was many years ago. No worries on the WL, you will kick it next week, plus there are no holidays in there to "get you".

Everyone have a marvelous day!!

Loves

Laura705
05-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Morning all.

Annie - Congrats on the new car!! Take a few deep sniffs of that new car smell for me would ya?? :D So this crowd is a RAV4 and CRV one... must be good vehicles. I'd say I was envious of your vacation day, but it sounded way too busy. I too wonder how C slept while you mowed! Did you have all the windows closed and the AC running? I got home from work and did that - doggy was panting quite a bit, couldn't leave him like that.

Mel - I'm sure you'd be a great haggler - sounds like everything you do around that building is negotiate to get what needs to be done done!! RE Gatsby - the book is always better! ;) Yeh, "intense" is a good word for many of the scenes in the latest movie version.

Michelle - Thanks for the info on the Cappy DVD. I definitely feel like I need the stretching and gentle exercise that the Cappy dvd sounds like it offers. These strength training classes I've been focusing on may or may not have good warm-ups, and the stretching/cool-down portions at the end of class tend to be way too short. I can definitely see how you'd relate to Eat Pray Love differently now than when it originally came out. You're in a lot different place now, physically and emotionally!

Ceejay - Did you do the Cappy arthritis dvd last night? If so, how was it?? Weekend coming up...today??? I'm in need of a vacay day, seeing as I'm envious of your long weekends!! Maybe Monday...

Shad - Sorry the rain is wrecking your yardwork plans. S. is already coming up on a year old???!!! My how time flies. And congrats re your expecting niece (yep remember the wedding pics and her gorgeous gown). Nice you'll be getting home to visit and celebrate. I had to look up Auckland the other day because I was reading a fluffy book set there and I wasn't entirely sure if it was part of NZ or not. Geography is not my strong suit, but in my defense, that's not something our educational institutions do much with in this country.

Happy - You're probably typing along with me and will sneak in by the time I get this posted!

===
I'll put the WW gain behind me, but yesterday could have been better. They were handing out goodies outside the train station yesterday morning and I can never refuse chocolate - three mini Ritter Sport milk choco thingies - one w/ cornflakes and two with a butter biscuit. And now I know I like both of those varieties - yet another temptation to resist! :p

Went to the 4G class last night. Never have done this class with this instructor - had both before but not together. As expected, tough class. Sore upper body right now and expecting more to come later. We'll see if I get to a class tonight. If I do, it'll be the circuit class.

Did I mention that my former Jazzercise location from years ago is offering 3 months for $79, unlimited classes, no joining fee???!!! I've decided I'm gonna do it, and I'll shoot for 1-2 of those classes a week. Shad, Michelle - how far are you willing to travel for your classes? These classes are about an 8-mile drive from home, one-way. Not horrible, just not as convenient as my current 2-mile drive. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Got home and showered in time to see the last period of the hockey playoff game - those are way too exciting for me! It went into OT after a bad call disallowed a goal that would have won it for us in regulation time, but we won it in OT, so yay. On they move to the next round.

Okay, I never told you that on Friday I won a prize in a fundraising raffle I entered at work. It's a $200 Visa gift card!! Whoo!! I was a nice way to begin the holiday weekend, but no, I still haven't spent it. :D

Okay, enough of my rambling. Everyone have a great day! :flow1:

happy2bme
05-30-2013, 11:51 AM
yes Laura - you're right! ;) :wave:

diyana
05-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Quick check in for me ladies,

The day care place I'd been using said I had used up my pre-paid visit package, so on the way home yesterday, I checked out two doggie day cares with Santa. He passed the temperment test at both, and I got to tour both. One is owned by Petco Corporation and pretty expensive if you pay for single visits at a time, but if you purchase a 10 visit pack, it's cheaper than the place I was taking him. The other is at PetSmart, and I've had a few people recommend them to me, and they are less expensive as well. The dogs are constantly monitored by a few employees who are in the day care areas with them. Santa is at PetSmart today because until I hear for sure about the Escondido job, I didn't want to purchase a package deal. Santa seemed quite happy to go play when I dropped him off. Tomorrow is work from home day for me, and play at home day for Santa. :) It's nice because both day cares allow for later pick up times...not that I'd leave Santa there until 9 pm every night, and then it's home and straight to bed, because that wouldn't be fair to Santa. He needs time with me and I with him.

==============================
Annie - congrats on the new Rav4! How exciting!! I'd like to be a bit higher up than in my Corolla, but I'm happy with the Corolla and no car payments right now. :) You're right how life events mess with your thoughts. I was watching The Voice the other night and two female contestants sang this song (don't remember the name), but it's a wife and a mistress singing to each other about the husband that cheats. And all those lines like, "Does he love you as much as he loves me"...I just had to fast forward through it...I guess some wounds haven't completely healed yet.

Shad - Good on ya' for finishing the doco. I guess Miss Puss approves of the new duvet cover. How exciting for your niece and nephew in law! And so nice that you're going to NZ for your sister's b'day. MY niece is due with her first child any day now. She was actually due last week, but the little man must be comfy cozy and in no hurry to make his appearance. If she doesn't go into labor by Saturday night, the doc will induce. My niece is such a wonderful young woman, and her husband is a great guy. They'll make awesome parents!

Mel - So proud of you for insisting that the weekends are yours, depending on alarms that is.

Laura - So it's getting to be AC weather already? I hope you have good weather on the weekends...when people really need it. It's supposed to be warm (upper 80s/low 90s) this weekend, so I may try and do activities near the coast or places with shade. This week has been in the low to mid 70s, and people here complaining it's too cold, but I think it's perfect. Ritter Sport? never heard of them...but they sound delicious! What is the 4G class again? I'm willing to drive 5-10 miles for classes (as long as they're either close to work or home or day care). I don't know if I'll sign up for a gym or just a punch card type system for Zumba. Congrats on winning the Visa gift card! $200 is a great prize!!

Happy - Good morning!

Much love and hugs to all,

happy2bme
05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
'morning kids,

At the start of the week they were predicting strong storms for today. Looking outside the sun is shining brightly and while it's a bit breezy, I don't know about those storms... My tomatoes are looking rather spindly. I'm hoping they're not looking for much heat - it was warm yesterday but looks like it's going to be a cooler - as in comfortable - and not sweaty summer here. I have today to myself and am going to finish the last of my planting. Yesterday I was training with a new person - pleasant enough but then at once point she starts slamming out snipey comments about politics. Nothing bugs me more than people who have no idea what they are talking about - instead just "parrot" and repeat the hate they hear from others. I may not agree with your beliefs but if you can articulate specifically why you feel the way you do I will at least give you the respect of your opinion. When you simply make generalizations, you're not worth listening to in my book. So check - will avoid all opportunities to work with this one in the future. We got a lot of people swinging by dropping off donations yesterday. The coordinator (who was training us) was working his magic on one lady, trying to get her to volunteer some time at the store - she worked for a short bit last year but was not comfortable being alone. We got to talking, found that she, I and the other woman I was working with all grew up in the same general area of Chicago. Turns out donation lady and I went to high school together - we were in the same graduating class. :lol: Neither one of us really remembered the other - after all it was a million years ago and as I said - think of all the people we have met between then and now - that's a lot of people to forget :lol: She doesn't want to work alone and neither do I so we're both going to meet up again on Sunday and do an afternoon shift. Even after a few short days there I am finding that there is a lot of drama and politics there - much like I encountered in our homeowners association and similar to Mel's office fiascoes. I neither want nor need this in my life. I just want to get out for a bit, challenge my mind and socialize a little. There are several people who have been there for many years and are very controlling and petty. I heard stories about how some of the shop keepers would move items around to improve the displays only to incur the wrath of the "pricing committee" which is the end all be all of the place. Not to mention apparently the source of a lot of discontent and volunteers quitting. Oh my oh my. Can't we all just get along? :rofl: I am going to tread lightly and not get myself in too deep. I do chuckle to myself in that ever the eternal optimist I keep going out in public only to find that I'm really better off at home with the animals for company ;) But then there are moments like running into L from high school or my new friend S the shop volunteer that tell me it's not all bad...

A comment about the Peggy Cappy videos. I like them because they are more gentle - good for people who are starting out or like me might have some joint issues that prevent me from a P90x style. However, it's a waste to get more than one of her videos. She does the same basic stuff throughout her series and just slightly modifies it for each DVD. Ie. Yoga for the Rest of Us isn't all that much different than Easy Yoga For Arthritis. So pick one DVD, do it and enjoy it.

Laura - Congrats on winning the gift card - that's a really nice prize! Good deal on the Jazzercise class - 8 miles is a long way to drive in traffic. Only you can decide if it's worth it and if you can make the classes work in your time schedule. Jazzercise seems like a lot of fun tho. You do very well on those intense exercise classes - good for you - keep up the great work! I'm sure you are building and keeping muscle that helps to burn those calories. You made a comment about warm up and cool down stretches. That is so confusing to me - just like coffee - one day it's good for you, another day it's bad or does nothing for you. They seem to keep changing their opinion on that. Only thing I guess that holds true is that you do get tiny tears in the muscles when you exercise and you need to rest inbetween to let them repair and rebuild.

Annie - congrats on the new car! I'm sure it's different sitting up higher. I like the Avalon (a bit bigger than the Camry) for tooling around town running errands in the non-snow weather. I like sitting higher in the 4Runner for snowy weather to have a better view of traffic all around. Plus it's a little easier to load groceries and such in the hatch bed of the Rav4. Enjoy it! And a new car always helps the walking program because you park at the far end of the lot so you don't get dinged. As for a petting zoo at the commune - we have a Wilderness Walk here that I want to go to - petting zoo that we can all take a field trip to. And in all of you I guess we have a new bunch of volunteers for the shelter. We can go walk dogs for exercise except I need one with short legs like Sassy who can't run fast :rofl: Please take care of that poor toe of yours - can't be good that you keep reinjuring it.

Mel - you can come volunteer with me. At least it will be with someone I know I can get along with! We'll leave you in charge of the register. Good luck with the canvassing. Is a new governor running or is it Christie? running for re-election?

Shad - sounds like the family is growing. How nice for the new pregnancy in the family. I would think with Miss Sunday being 3 colors, she manages to totally get contrasting cat hair on furniture no matter where she goes. I really don't miss vacuuming up cat hair. Nice that you will have both boys together for the birthday bash. Will you be cooking up a feast then?

Ceejay - all the drama going around you at work will make your days fly by and before you know it, you'll be out of there. Have you settled on moving with your sister or is that just the general thinking right now, possibly subject to change? It's good that you rent - at least you don't have to worry about unloading your house - that can really mess with the timing and plans.

Michelle - I totally get what you are talking about relating to specific movies. I feel sometimes to it gives some validation (and hope) to what is going on in one's personal lives. I know it's fiction but hope springs eternal - you can pick up the pieces, start all over and find happiness. :hug: I always thought too that walking the beach (with Santa) and listening to the surf would be very relaxing and give you lots of time to sort your thoughts and breath in some fresh air and get your groove back. Certainly much better than sitting in a car fighting traffic and swearing at the idiots :lol:

It's clouding up out there - guess I'd better get off the computer, get some eggs in me and get out there and finish up my planting. Have a good day all.

ceejay52
05-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Happy
I am with you on the Peggy Cappy DVD's. Most are the same. I like the Easy Yoga for Arthritis the best as it has standing poses. I'd like to have one with more standing poses.
I do rent my apartment but it doesn't come furnished. I have my own stuff except the kitchen appliances.
And yes as of know I will be moving by my sis. She's offered me a good deal. And I love the location.

Annie
Congrats on getting the RAV4. I love mine. Which color did you choose? I have the silver one.

annie175
05-30-2013, 01:39 PM
CEEG...so far I love the RAV4 also. I got the darker gun metal gray color with black interior, moon roof, rear camera, etc etc. I drove today at lunch with a friend, she is in love with it also.

HAPPY...we can take Sassy for a walk but she won't walk, just flips over on her back and waits to be carried. Even tho she has short legs, she is like a bullet running through the house and in the yard. C and I just crack up when she flies around through there. You would be amazed. I know what you mean about the politics and generalization talk. Drives me koo koo. I think people like that think it makes them seem intelligent. I may just have that toe removed, I mean I do have 4 others on that foot. lol

CHELLE...the song you are referring to is by Reba McEntyre and Linda Davis. Does he love you. Know exactly why you skipped through it. HUGS!

LAURA....Our bedroom is on the front side of the house and I cut the back yard only last night. C could fall asleep anywhere and sleep through anything. Took a couple of whiffs of new car smell at lunch for you. That is the first thing Jan said, gotta love that new car smell.

Tater is coming tonight to get my Camry, we are giving it to him. They only have one car between them and work 30 miles apart. He has a work truck but can only drive it for work reasons.

Later girlies.

diyana
05-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Happy - Sounds like you'll have pleasant weather for planting today. I hope the tomatoes like it. Bummer about the political parrot new person. How ironic that you and the donation lady were in the same graduating class! Good that you two can work together. I think treading lightly is a good idea for now until you find whether or not you the politics/drama is something you can stay above, rather than get pulled down into their muck and mire. So you're volunteering again on Sunday? Does that mean you're off the next couple days? I hope the weather is nice for you. Thanks for the tip about Cappy's videos having the same basic stuff. I've got Yoga for the Rest of us Back Care Basics...so I won't bother with the rest. I've been to some of the Wilderness Walk/Petting Zoos in Northern WI. Very nice. You're right about the beach and sounds of the surf being relaxing for walking (or sitting). I might just have to go again this weekend. :) I'll look at my calendar and see how I can coordinate it with the doggie activities I was thinking about attending. If I do head over to the beach this weekend, I'll go earlier. Last Saturday, I didn't go over until noon, and the highway was crowded.

Ceejay - So nice that you will be moving by your sister! Definitely something to look forward to, along with retirement.

Annie - Thanks much for the hugs. I really TRIED to listen to the song because I do enjoy those two female contestants on The Voice...but it just hit too close to home. I do still love my ex and wish we hadn't grown apart, even though logically I know that I really need to live in CA close to family to be completely happy. Living so far away in WI was slowly killing my spirit. So very nice of you to give the Camry to Tater. :)

ceejay52
05-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Not sure who mowed the lawn but it was mowed when I came home yesterday. If it was my neighbor I don't like the idea that she took that upon herself and did it. I'm thankful I don't have to. But B had planned on doing it today. I've texted my neighbor to see if she did it, but have not had a response.

I lucked out on the girls down the street coming by. I did put the do not disturb sign on the door for this morning and slept till 10 a.m. But as I was coming back from lunch I saw them near the house so I turned the vehicle around and went to Walmart. I bought one of those plastic file boxes. It may not be big enough though. Some things I'm going to go "green" on so that will cut down a lot of paper. I'll still keep up with the rent payments, utility bill and explanation of benefits. And of course the main thing IRS stuff.

--------
Laura
Sorry about the weight gain this week, but I'm positive that will leave next week along with another loss. You have been doing extremely well.
Congrats on winning the visa card. I'd be extremely happy about that.

Mel
Are you still watching NCIS? I have my shows on Me TV I like to watch. They are old reruns, Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, the Big Valley. I watch NCIS at night. Hope the building stays quiet.

Michelle
It must be nice to have a work day at home. Will give you some time to be with Santa also.

ceejay52
05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Annie
I'm jealous of the rear camera. Mine also has the moon roof.

Laura705
05-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Evening all. On the desktop here at home, just ordered another pair of New Balance sneakers like I have now.

Ceejay - Glad you avoided the neighbor girls, LOL. Did you find out who mowed your lawn??

Michelle - The beach sounds nice. The Chicago lakefront is nice, but it's not the same as the ocean. I'd still like to drive down some morning with my bike on the rack and take a ride along the path. Hope you find something fun to do this weekend that involves enjoying that wonderful weather. So the SD job is still a possibility?? Good to hear! Ritter Sport is a European chocolate brand. The produce market we shop at has a lot of Euro brands, and I've seen Ritter there, just never tried it.

Happy - What a coincidence to run into someone in your hs grad class way up there! Hope you get a chance to get together and reminisce about those HS days. As for the folks at the shop...hope there are enough nice people to balance out the opinionated, obnoxious ones! Yeh, re the Jazzercise, the Saturday class is not a big deal with the drive and traffic. I recall the weeknight drive sometimes being a PITA, though the class is at 7:15 and I'd leave at 6:45 and the traffic being snarky as I'd drive through downtown DesPlaines. Since I don't drive daily for work, I never found it intolerable. Well, except for that one time I got a speeding ticket in DP. Boo.

Annie - Ah, nice to have a heavy sleeper you don't worry about easily waking (esp. since you have different schedules). I bet it's nice having that rear camera on your new ride. I love having the moon roof, and my heated seats. Lucky Tater to get your old car!!

Well, think I'm gonna take my contacts out and clean them. I hope my trial pairs of contacts come in soon - I'm at the end of my time for this pair.

Nighty night all.

Shad
05-31-2013, 04:33 AM
Better get this done before I forget it again. Been bloody lazy today and haven't really achieved too much at all.
Picked all the tomatoes and pulled the plants out of the ground. Have so many I really don't know if I can eat them all in time. Then between the rain showers I put a whole raft of green waste into the bin. Still looks like a whole tree died on my front lawn so I guess that next week there will be a trip to the dump in my future. The bag man comes next week so some of it will go then but it will fill more than two big bags so to the dump I go.
Then I planted my beautiful Chrysanthemums in a pot until I can find a spot in the garden for them. And put a couple of gerberas in the ground as well. The weather has been so awful that the veges aren't moving much. Very slow growing. Doubt that they will come to much unless this cool wet weather passes.
Tomorrow I get my hair cut - and not before time either. It'll get a colour and foils as well. K the hairdresser is going to get an awful fright when she sees this lot. Then I go to pick up the cot from DS2's place. I need to get a mattress for it as well. I'll find something down the road at the rubber place no doubt or K-Mart or Target will have something. I saw some bedding the other day which was quite cute.

Okay - gotta go. Footy is coming on the TV and my dinner is ready. I'll be back

annie175
05-31-2013, 09:09 AM
TGIF fo SHO!!!

Good part of night...DS, DDIL, DD and babe came for dinner. Chicken kabobs, baked tots on the grill and stir fried yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, green & orange peppers, nice spices added, YUM. DELISH. Sent DS home with my Camry. He was so overwhelmed that I gave it to him he got kind of sappy. Too cute. Lil man was entertaining as well.

Bad part of evening...long night at hospital. Rehab center called took dad to hospital by ambulance. Congestive heart failure, fluid in lungs, low oxygen, not good. I just hope he makes it to his birthday on June 12th. We share that day and it would be to emotional for me, kind of selfish I know, but I am such a big baby and so emotional, I will be a wreck. Anyway I have a meeting from 11-2 today then I am leaving to go back to the hospital. In for the long haul I am afraid.

SHADDIE...man o man, even when the chips are down and it is raining you keep yourself busy. I love getting my hair done, hope you have a great time at the hairdresser.

LAURA...where do you order your sneakers from. I need a new pair but too cheap to invest in a pair.

CEEG...so the suspense is killing me, who cut your grass? Way to dodge the girls down the street. I thought they were going to move somewhere else a while back? What happened to that?

Everyone have a splendid day..

Prayers for my dad please and thank you much.

Loves.

MELODY525
05-31-2013, 09:16 AM
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hapydancsmil.gif IT'S FRIDAY!!! IT'S FRIDAY!!!

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES

I AM GLAD THE WEEKEND IS HERE.
YESTERDAY THINGS GOT CANCELED.
SEEMS NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN THIS ELECTION??
I COULDN'T EVEN GET A CALL BACK FROM ANYONE SO I SAID SCREW IT. JUST AS WELL.
MY HEAD WASN'T REALLY INTO IT.

I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT JEN FELL TWICE OVER THE WEEKEND AND AGAIN WEDS NIGHT.
THIS IS NOT BODING WELL FOR THE NEAR FUTURE.
SHE HAS SO MUCH ANGER RIGHT NOW IT'S HARD TO COPE WITH IT.
SOME OF THE ANGER IS JUST COVERING UP THE FEAR.
IT'S BEEN A ROUGH MONTH HERE AT OUR PONDEROSA.
I HAVE BEEN A TERRIBLE FRIEND TO MY BOSS WHO LOST HERE MOM.
BUT I NEEDED TO PUT EVERYTHING ASIDE AND DEAL WITH JEN.
SHE AND I HANDLE THE DISABILITY VERY DIFFERENTL;Y.
I AM MUCH MORE LAID BACK..... ACCEPTED IT AND MOVED ON.
NOT TO SAY I DIDN'T GO THRU A LOT BEFORE THAT "MOVED ON" PART HAPPENED.
BUT NOTHING LIKE HOW SHE IS REACTING.
WE'LL SEE HOW SHE ENDS UP.
ALL I CAN DO IS HOPE SHE SEES THE LIGHT.
OR SHE WILL END UP HER OWN WORST ENEMY & MAKE HER LIFE MISERABLE.
FINGERS CROSSED AND PRAYERS GOING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3:

ANNIE...GLAD THE NEW CAR IS WORKING OUT SO WELL.
THE RAV SOUNDS LOVELY. AND THE CAMERA TOO!!
LOVE THAT SMELL AND HAVING SOMETHING NEW.
ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT. WHAT IS BFE PARKING??? LOL

LAURA....LET'S ALL GO TO JAZZERCISE!!
I CAN BE THE DRILL SGT WITH THE TAZER!
I KNOW I CAN KEEP YOU ALL IN LINE:insert evil grin here:
BTW...HAVE YIOU BEEN WATCHING MR. SELFRIDGE OM MASTEROIECE THEATER?
JUST WONDERING CAUSE I JUST COULDN'T GET INTO IT.
CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THE GIFT CARD:encore:
THAT WAS A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND :D
GREAT JOB!!!

SHAD.....HOPE YOU FIND A MATTRESS.
I CAN LEND YOU MY SMALLER TWIN SIZED BLOW UP MATTRESS!!
I'D GIVE YOU THE BIGGER ONE BUT IT SMELLED LIKE AN ASHTRAY WHEN THE KIDS TRIED TO BRING IT BACK!! PU!!
NOW IT REMAINS IN THE TRAILER AND THE RELATIVES LOVE IT.
HOPE THE VEGGIES GROW AND THE RAIN/COLD SLOWS DOWN A BIT.
YOU'LL END UP WITH FROZEN VEGGIES WITHOUT EVEN GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET!

MICHELLE...GLAD YOU FOUND 2 OPTIONS FOR SANTA.
I AM SURE HE WILL APPRECIATE ALL YOUR DETECTIVE WORK ON HIS BEHALF.
KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED FOR A GOOD JOB OFFER:crossed:

HAPPY....POLITICS!! OF ALL THINGS.
THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EVERYWHERE LATELY.
THERE IS SO MUCH HATE STUFF ALL OVER THE PLACE.
HOPE YOU CAN HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF WORK WITHOUT ALL THE DRAMA:hug:
HOW IRONIC TO FIND A CLASSMATE OUT IN THE BOONDOCKS!!!
I CRACKED UP OVER HERE ABOUT GRADUATING TOGETHER.
AND ALSO ABOUT THE 3 OF YOU IN CHICAGO!!
AT LEAST ANIMALS CANNOT DISCUSS POLITICS!!:rofl:
YES...IT IS CHRISTIE FOR RE-ELECTION.
BUT THE DEMS WANT TO GET BACK THAT SEAT!

CEEJAY......YOU MADE ME LAUGH TURNING THE CAR AROUND AND GOING TO WALMARTS!!
GOOD THING YOU SAW THE GIRLS GOING TO YOUR DOOR:rofl:
I SHOULD GO GREEN ALSO WITH BILLS.
IT MAKES ME NERVOUS TO DEPEND ON THE COMPUTER THOUGH..
BUESS THAT SOUNDS SILLY BUT IT DOES. LOL
WE HAVE THOSE OLD WESTERNS, PERRY MASON, MURDER SHE WROTE AND THE COMEDY SHOWS LIKE HAPPY DAYS.
I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS.:dance:

MELODY525
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
ANNIE....I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DAD.
OF COURSE WE WILL SEND PRAYERS OUT TO BOTH OF YOU.
YOU'RE NOT BEING SELFISH ABOUT THE DATE.
I WOULD BE FEELING THE SAME AS YOU ARE:hug:
STAY WELL OUR SISTER.

annie175
05-31-2013, 10:08 AM
MELLIE...thank you for the prayes, and I am sending prayers up for JEN, you and Richie. Sometimes we fight things until we get our head wrapped around it, then maybe Jen will ease up a little with herself. Healing thoughts for all. BFE is Bum F*cked Egypt. Away from all the door dingers. Hugs dear sister to you all.

happy2bme
05-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Morning all,

I have lost track of time - what day of the week is it again?

Annie - prayers for your Dad and hugs for you :hug: I'm sorry to hear the bad news. What a bump he's hit. And it seemed to come on suddenly, didn't it? Hope he can recover but my Dad went through that and it is indeed a rough road. Strength to you and the family. Very generous of you to give your Camry to DS. It's kind of nice to know that something you took care of will go to a good home and people who appreciate it. You're a good woman there Annie.

Mel - hugs to you and Jen also. I'm sure it's not easy watching her go through this. Got to get to the point where she can turn anger into a positive fight but it's not easy when your body fails you. At least you have the experience to help her cope - even if she's not up to listening at this point. You are right to devote your time and attention to Jen at the moment. I'm sure the boss will understand and you will have time to come together for each other soon. Sorry that people are not interested in the election. I don't know where this country is going - some people **points to self** say it's time to clean house and start all over. Others throw their hands up and say what good will it do :shrug: and stick their heads in the sand and run away. I hate to say it but we might need a good crisis again to set our differences aside and come together as a people. As for the computer, there is a fine balance between total dependence and using it as a useful tool. I am somewhat skeptical myself - this comes from a person who spent her entire life in the computer field so I have reason to look with a jaded eye. Do what you feel most comfortable with.

Ceejay - I got such a big laugh about you seeing the neighbor girls and turning your car around and heading off into the sunset :rofl: Way to go! I sure hope that whomever mowed your lawn was the one you wanted to.

Shad - I have a bunch of extra blow up mattresses. Would send you one but they weigh a ton and I cannot afford the shipping :lol: Sounds like you have an ambitious day ahead. Hope the hairdresser got you all sorted and looking like a foxy woman again!

Laura - that's an interesting concept racking up the bike and taking a ride down at the lakefront. Whenever they show pictures of that those people always look like they are really enjoying themselves. Not sure if it's staged, I'd be looking for breaks in the concrete and watching out (and maybe cussing) pedestrians - but it certainly sounds like something interesting to try on a less crowded weekday. So... if you do a 7:15 Jazzercise class will you just do a super light dinner that evening? Then again, who wants to eat and then do the shake, rattle and roll in the tummy that a Jazzercise class would entail? :dizzy: How we suffer for our craft!

Michelle - glad you were able to find a couple of options for Santa. He sure does seem to enjoy the company of others. Have a good work at home day today.

I was going to plant more yesterday, was getting ready to work outside when it got all dark. We had tornado warnings and at one point it started to rain lightly. I went on to do something else and of course all it did was basically spit lightly and then moved on. :rolleyes: I slow roasted some pork ribs and potatoes for dinner - very easy recipe and used some of my stock of fresh herbs from the garden. DH could not stop raving about how good dinner was. Sometimes it just works out like that. I did have him take me on an ATV ride through his woodland path he has been creating in the forest. It's cute - a nice little walk / ride but the mosquitoes were HORRID. When we moved here I bought a netted top and pants - mosquito and tick repellant material. It also has an enclosed hood on it. Fine mesh you can see right through. It did work great - in fact DH wore the jacket today to go out and work more on the path. We'll see how he likes it. It's very breezy today so it should not be too hot for him. I told him the path would be more enjoyable in the fall when the bugs and bears are gone. He's very proud of it though. I am working at the store tomorrow - at first I thought it was Sunday but then I looked at the note in my pocket. Guess I have gotten to the point where I need a regular schedule to keep me on track. :dizzy: It's sunny now, I am about to head out and get a few more plants in pots. Am watching the weather carefully - they are predicting temps close to freezing Sunday night - might have to tarp the garden. Not taking any chances. The cool weather stuff is going well and it might be good for my carrots too. I also have a teeny baby yellow squash growing on my plant. I think some of the other stuff including the tomatoes would like more heat than just the warm overhead sun for a few hours. Like the swimming pool down south - the day was warm but the night was cool enough where it would really chill up the water. I look forward to the garden produce so I'm hoping this won't be a bad garden year. Anyway things to do ... have a good weekend everyone.

diyana
05-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Happy Friday ladies -

I found out yesterday afternoon that I did not get the job in Escondido. Oh well, I'm a little bummed, but I still have a great job here that allows me to work from home on Mondays and Fridays, which saves me commute time, gas, and doggie day care. Not to mention when I work from home, I can wear my pajamas - though I usually change into shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. I'm enjoying living with my step-mom, and I'm able to pay down my credit card and medical bills with the money I'm saving on rent. I will continue to look for a permanent job either in this area or in San Diego. But in the meantime, Santa and I are happy here.

When I picked Santa up from daycare yesterday, I signed him up for obedience training. Mostly what I want him to learn is to come when he's called. When I lived in Wisconsin, he was used to being in a fenced in yard, and when he was in the front yard, it was always on-leash. A couple times since we've lived here, he's gotten out into the front yard and run into the street despite people calling him. :yikes: I've got to train the people here not to leave doors leading out front open, and I've got to train him to come when called and stop when someone says STOP. He should be easy to train. He's a smart dog, sometimes too smart, and he really likes to make me happy.

Not sure what I'm going to do this weekend. There are a couple dog events...but it's supposed to be pretty warm so I'll have to see which, if any, would be good for Santa. This afternoon after I get done with work, we'll definitely go to the dog park as my step-mom's hired gardener (as opposed to my step-brother) will be here, and they don't always take the time to shut the fence gates.

===========================

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending many prayers for him and for you, along with much love and hugs. My mom had congestive heart failure and also emphysema and did quite well once she was put on oxygen. I hope they can get your dad's health stabilized so you and the family can have a lot more time with him. You're definitely not being selfish about the date. I totally understand. Glad you had a nice dinner with the kids and lil man. So sweet that your DS got sappy about the Camry. :)

Mel - I'm so sorry to hear of Jen's falls and her fear/anger/frustration at her condition. Sending many prayers her way too, and to you and Richie as well. I hope she comes to terms with it soon, for her own peace of mind, and for yours. Annie's right...sometimes we fight stuff like that until we get our head wrapped around it. I'm sure your boss understands why you're not able to help her through her grief as much as you'd like to. You definitely need to focus on Jen right now.

Shad - What you call lazy, I call quite productive...all the planting, etc. I hope the veggies get enough warmth to get a move on. I need to find a good, relatively inexpensive hairdresser here, as well as a doctor. I didn't know you had K-Mart and Target there.

Happy - Dark skies, tornadoe warnings and then just a little spit spritz? :faint: The pork ribs sound really yummy. I definitely don't miss the mosquitoes. Good that you have the mossie jacket and pants to wear while working outside. So nice that your DH made that path. Sounds like your garden is going well overall with squash already appearing.

Big :wave: to Ceejay and Laura!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Much love and many hugs to all,

Laura705
05-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Afternoon all. TGIF!!!

Annie - Sorry to hear about your dad. :( Will certainly be remembering him in my prayers, along with my friend D's aunt. So was the Camry a surprise for DS? He sure sounds appreciative. I ordered my sneakers from Online Shoes. I've had good experience with them in the past.

Shad - Sorry the weather isn't cooperating with the veg garden. Love Gerberas and Mums. :) Maybe I'll plant a few mums this fall. Enjoy your hair appointment (though I personally don't enjoy sitting around with color/foils on my head), and have fun shopping for the bedding.

Mel - So sorry to hear about Jen's falls. This must be so very difficult for her, and I'm sure you understand it very well, even if you reacted to it differently than Jen is. Must be because she already knows what she's in for having seen you going through it?? I'll say a prayer that she moves down a road to acceptance so that she can start making the necessary lifestyle adjustments. No, I haven't been watching Selfridges, just caught a couple minutes here and there. Would be better if I were to have caught it from the beginning, but I'm not going to pursue that.

Happy - If I do bring the bike to the lakefront path, it would almost certainly be a weekday, and I think I would try to actually park somewhere south and start from there, and if necessary avoid the busy northern section of the path altogether -I've heard many horror stories because of the congestion of bikes, walkers, joggers, skaters, etc. However, I'm just not that familiar with anything south, so I'd have to be careful where I left the car. Re the evening Jazzercise - or any evening exercise classes - I don't eat dinner til after class. If I need to, I'll eat a light snack before class, but never a meal. Hope you got all the planting done that you wanted to do and that the temps don't get too cool tonight. Your dinner sounded delish!!!

Michelle - Sorry to hear you didn't get that job down south. I'm sure other opportunities will come up, and in the meantime you've got a great thing going where you are right now. Scary about Santa running into the street. Coal isn't off-leash trained, so he can't be in front or anywhere unfenced unless he's on a leash. He slips out the front door occasionally, usually when we have guests leaving the house. Very scary, because there have been a few times when he runs into the street. It's especially scary when it's after dark -very difficut to see him at all, though he currently has a reflective collar. Anyway, I think the obedience training is a great idea, and I hope Santa (and you, LOL) do well in class.

===
I didn't exercise last night because my upper body was rather sore (pecs and triceps), so I gave the bod a rest.

I didn't put the little fence around my veg garden and have lived to regret it. This morning when I went out back w/ Coal, I discovered my bean plant had been decimated, almost certainly by a rabbit. Grrr. Tomato plants and pepper plant were untouched. But...the tomato plants have a couple discolored leaves. Hmmm. Wonder if they are too wet? We've had a lot of rain the past couple days. Might buy and plant some more string bean plants this weekend. I dunno. Or maybe some herbs instead. And i'll put up the little fence for sure!!!

They've changed the vending service at our office, including the coffee/beverage machines. The beverage machine is now a pod-type brewing system (in addition to a machine that brews a big batch in a thermal carafe). The English Breakfast tea pod is actually alright-tasting, not vile like the previous one. The only other tea option is green tea, don't care for that. I'll continue with my own tea bags.

Nothing going on this weekend except exercise classes and dog walks. Plenty to do around the house, and I have shopping to do as well. Oh, and I need to plant my flowers! It'll be wet - hopefully not too wet. I'm sure the usual inertia will take hold and a fraction of what needs doing will actually get done. :shrug: If I get done what I want to get done this afternoon, I think I will take a vacation day on Monday.

That said, I better get back to it!!

ceejay52
05-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Annie
Hugs for you and prayers for your dad. I'm sure DS was very thankful that he got your hand me down car. He know you've taken good care of it. That makes a big, big difference.
Those girls had plans to go to Hot Springs, AR but could not find any one to take them there.

Mel
So sad to hear that Jen is not doing well. Hugs and prayers for both of you.
I still pay the utility bill and rent with a check so I like to keep those. But most other bills I will be going green.

Michelle
Still haven't found out who mowed the lawn. I'm still curious, but that's okay too. It wasn't my boss. I texted him as soon as I got in the door. My neighbor has never texted back.

Happy
Yum on the pork and potatoes for dinner. I get confused on my days off as to what day of the week it is. We had a thunder boomer during the night and one early this morning. I'm not sure what if any damage was done. Hope there was nothing.

Shad
I love mums. I may have to put some of those in containers this fall.

Laura
A bike ride on the shore would be nice. Will bf be going along?

---------
Went to pick up my check yesterday and found out that my immediate boss, B is going into the lab. I wished him luck. He has a class one waste water but needs at least a class three to keep things going legally with the health department. Then he has to learn all those rules and regs and all the lab stuff. Myself and a couple of other guys are 62 and our birthday are all in August, and were day dreaming about retirement. One is planning on retiring in September and the other one next year. B politely asked me how old I was so I told him. Told him I was planning on staying till I'm 65 but things may change. Going to talk to my doctor about putting me on limited duty. I'm getting to where I can't go down stairs and get those big valves turned off when the power goes out. I'm also getting to where I can't crawl under the pipes any more. It kills my back and knees.
I've got a lot done today. I cleaned the living room yesterday and today I've cleaned the bathroom, kitchen and my bedroom. I'm going to work some more in the office to get it organized. I also took a short nap.
My cousin from Midlland, TX texted me this morning telling me that she and her son are coming to Paragould the first week of June for a visit. So I'm planning a trip Thursday to visit with them.
I'll be going to Paragould tomorrow to eat lunch with the uncles. I'm like Annie don't know what I'd do if something were to happen to either of them. The oldest is 86 the uncle I go visit is 83 and the youngest of the uncles if 80.
Need to get busy again and think about dinner. I have some rotisserie chicken I could have.

MELODY525
06-01-2013, 09:01 AM
http://clayzmama.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/lazy-dog-pool.jpg?w=500&h=335

Have a good & relaxing weekend everyone!
Yesterday was Africa hot:flame:
I ended up staying in my apartment almost all day.
Signs made & hung for "Excessive Heat" for the seniors.
I made them the night before. I also made more for the office.
But we all know the seniors will NOT use their A/C like they should.

I am waiting for the rug cleaner. He should be here soon.
A tenant had an "accident" all over her livingroom rug.
What a mess. I felt sorry for the homemaker.
She did her best cleaning up. Not a nice way for my weekend to begin.
And of course he needs the maintenance room sink, hoses, etc. :faint:

Not much else is new. Chatted with Jen and later a friend.
It felt good to let it all out. She came here with a paper for me to sign.
Trustee business. More govt money spent. :lol3:
Maybe I should have just cried by myself and gotten it all over with :rofl:

Hope you all have good weather for the weekend. :sunny:

Ceejay....you were a very busy gal on your day off.
My friend likes to dream about retirement too.
Poor B and the lab stuff. Good luck to him.
Light duty would be nice if you can get it.
I bet when you leave, you won't miss all the work & chemicals.
How nice to see more family next week. Have a good time.

Laura....send the rabbit out to Happy's place.
I hear they like to feed animals:lol3: :lol3:
Sounds like you have a lot of work planned in the gardens.
I thought of Coal when I found this picture.
I forget what I googled now....maybe lazy weekend. ROFLMAO
Have fun out planting!! and hope the body feels better too.

Michelle.....very sorry to hear about the job.
something better will come along.
In the meantime I am glad you're saving money & can work in jammies!!
I can work in my jammies too :rofl: :rofl:
Hope Santa learns to come when called.
People who don't own an animal leave doors wide open:faint:
Good luck training everyone!!!!!!!!!

Happy.....I can just see the two of you in the netted clothing.
I thought of you when I saw the add for OFF.
They have something you clip on your clothes or put close to you.
It's SUPPOSED to stop mosquitos from feasting on your bod.
Wonder if it would work? Happy gardening to you.
May your garden be lush and fruitful.
This way if Shad has a problem with hers.....she can use yours!! :rofl:

Annie....."BFE is Bum F*cked Egypt" :rofl: :rofl:
OMG...that is too frassing funny.
I should have guessed some of it at least:lol3:
Thought about you & Dad last night. :hug:
Will just continue to send good thoughts out to both of you.
Told Jen about Sassy and the garden.
We could just see her woeful face looking at the dirt thru the fence!!
She would love a Rav like you & Ceejay have.

ceejay52
06-01-2013, 09:50 AM
It looks like more rain this morning which may put a damper on my trip to Paragould. I'll wait and see what it's doing in a couple of hours.
-----------------
Mel
I will definitely will not miss work when I retire. Some of the people yes. To be honest I will not miss this town at all either. I told my sister when I moved up there I'm becoming a hermit. I don't want to get involved with any of the neighbors.

--------
Guess it's time for me to get dressed and started for the day.

happy2bme
06-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Morning all,

Got some rain yesterday. Cooled things off. Sunny now, hope it dries things up and warms up a bit before the next wave moves in later today. Yesterday we went to a new place for Friday Fish Fry. Passing by thought it was a bar but was actually a nice (but small) restaurant and bar. Good thing we went earlier as the place really filled up. With seniors too so it looked to be a local watering hole. The fish was excellent. Would definitely come back again. We raced past the black clouds on the way home but did not make it inside before the heavy rain hit. The clouds were so ugly I thought about the poor folks in Oklahoma with all those tornadoes. I'm working at the store this afternoon - with the woman I went to high school with. We'll see if we get along ;) People are so strong in their opinions that I tend to agree with Ceejay - turning into a hermit and avoiding people is the "new social". At dinner yesterday 2 tables down from us were a group of 3 people. One guy was loudly proclaiming what an idiot Hillary Clinton and Obama were and how they have ruined this country. He wasn't talking quietly either - chair pushed back from the table, arms spread wide like he was Jesse Jackson pontificating and he was speaking to the open air as much as his companions. Like we were all interested in his opinion :rolleyes: Lotta people like that up this way, though I'm sure it's like that all over.

So Ceejay - I agree with you. Being a hermit is probably the best way to go. Particularly if you have a kind heart and willing to be a nice person as you are. It's a shame the neighbors have tried so often to take advantage of you. As for work I often think back to what one of my friends said in regards to the office "the only thing you are missing is the aggravation" :rofl: Retirement is a much better way to go. As long as you have things to keep you occupied. I have noticed that the thinking skills deteriorate, much like muscles so it's handy to have something other than reading or puzzles that will exercise the mind too. Probably a good thing to talk to the doctor about limiting your duties. Some of the stuff you describe doing is very physical. Got to be mindful when you get to the point that things take a long time to heal once we break them :rofl:

Mel - love the pup picture today. Boy doesn't that look peaceful and refreshing. Sorry to hear the heat is on up your way. Are you getting ready for an onslaught of alarms for heat related problems? I imagine you might not get much of a breeze through the open windows. I was proud of my Mom and told her so last week when it got quite hot and she actually turned the a/c on. While I understand they don't like the chill, I think they also get ultra sensitive to the heat. Glad you were able to unload with the friend - just make sure the tears don't blur the signature on the paper - you have enough trouble with paperwork. Don't need to muck it up any more. :lol: As for the clip on OFF bug deterrent, I have not tried that myself - DH used it down south, said it worked good as long as there was not a strong breeze blowing. He had some yard fogger he used yesterday while working out back. Said he sprayed it and 2 minutes later the mosquitoes (which have been very bad) all took off for parts unknown. They are really bad in the garden, thank goodness I don't have to weed or spend alot of time in there. Oh and please don't send any bunnies up this way. I think Mr. Fox is doing a number on them. Haven't seen bunnies in several months. Not even now when they should be out courting.

Annie - good thoughts and prayers to you with your Dad's situation. :hug: Let us know what's going on when you can.

Laura - I guess you need to do some asking around if you are taking a south based bike ride. I know alot of people say Hyde Park is fine but I thought down by the museum of Sci and Industry - not such a great area. However, they are always changing things up. For a while Wrigleyville was awful, then the yuppies came in and revamped the neighborhood and now I understand it's a high end area :dizzy: I can imagine trying to bike between the walkers and the skaters (do people still rollerblade?) would be akin to driving LSD on a hot weekend day. Sorry to hear the bunny chewed up your garden. Did you plant green beans or sugar snap peas? I have Blue Lake bush beans this year - found the pole beans to be rather tough when my coworker planted them last year. My tomatoes are looking kind of spindly too. I think it's a matter of wanting hotter weather as the ones in the heated greenhouses were looking strong and full. But then again, you've been getting much warmer weather than we have. Did you put any fertilizer on them when you planted? Sometimes they get fussy about that. Happy planting - come finish mine when you're done :lol:

Michelle - sorry to hear you did not get the job. Probably for the best right now if you are doing alright in your living arrangements because having the extra cash to save and pay off the debt will give you a healthy leg up on the finances. Nothing worse than digging deeper into a hole with no way out. You sound as if you are doing ok for the moment - friends and sun and sand. I think getting Santa some training is a really good idea. Long time ago I was installing some computer equipment at a company executive's house. They had recently downsized from a big house to a much smaller but still cute townhouse. His beloved pug dog was feeling a bit cooped up I imagine and any time the front door opened, the dog would bolt out. As luck would have it when I was leaving, the exec went to let us out, the dog bolted out and ran right into the street when he was hit and killed by a UPS truck. It was really sad. We felt awful of course - I'm so glad I was not the one to open the door - but they said they were afraid it was only a matter of time before this happened and being a small dog, like Annie said Sassy flies around - they moved so fast you had no way of stopping them. So if Santa can be made to respond to a couple of basic commands, would be better off for his safety all around. I'm sure he just gets enthusiastic and forgets what's all around him :yay:

Well the sunny day did not last very long. Dark gray clouds have moved in. We have a 50 percent chance of rain, I think we'll be getting more. Too bad because it was chilly - needed the sun to warm things up. And more rain will only breed more mosquitoes. Might make for a busy afternoon at the thrift shop. People tend to come and roam around the shops when the weather is too glum to be out doing outdoorsy things. I will be the "lead" person today - sure hope I remember how to run the register and credit card machine :lol: Better get a move on.

Hello the rest of the Worldies. Have a good Sunday.

Oh and I just realized it's June. We should change the thread. I'll do it tonight if it still needs to be done.

ceejay52
06-01-2013, 01:38 PM
I've had a busy morning so far. I had to go to the grocery store for some milk. Was going to have milk and cereal but the phone rang and it was my sis that lives in Dallas. We had a nice long chat. Instead I had Aunt Jamima pancakes, prepackaged. I had called my aunt earlier and told her I might not come for lunch but if the rain ends later in the day I might make it around 4 p.m. The rain is really coming down right now.

Happy
Enjoy your work day. You are right that we need to keep busy as we age in both mind, body and spirit. I'm going to keep putting the do not disturb sign on the door but if they do knock I'm going to tell them that I've retired the taxi service.

Every one else have a good day.

Shad
06-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Do NOT POST HERE ANYMORE. Go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/282753-june-worldly-month-not-busting-out-all-over.html#post4759842