Chicks up for a Challenge - May 2013 Daily Challenge to Stay "On Plan" - Everyone is Welcome to Join

GettinFit
04-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following.

May 2013 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise daily. Be sure to come here and check in if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling, why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so let's all have a great April!!!

GettinFit
04-30-2013, 09:44 PM
My May Goals:

1. Get back to tracking
2. Attend a WW meeting each week
3. Check in here daily (after I return from FL on 5/7
4. Get back to working out at least 4 times a week
5. Drink at least 8 glassses of water daily

SuperCecilia
05-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi GettinFit - thanks for getting us started! Great to have you back with us and it sounds like you have some great goals for the month.

April was a great month for me - in doing some experimenting, I have found that eating smaller amounts more often and really limiting carbs and focusing on protein and fats and veggies is the key for weight loss for me. I lost 9.4 pounds in the month of April. I realize this pace will probably slow down, but as long as I keep losing, I'll be content. It is exciting to be so close to onederland and to being out of the obese BMI category.

My goals for May:
1) Stay on plan with eating - limiting carbs, snacking to keep hunger at bay.
2) Work out at least four times a week - yoga class, brisk walk for at least 45 minute or run for at least 35 minutes, swim laps, workout video.
3) Build more movement into my day - get the mail in the office (involves both a few minutes of walking and some nice fresh air time), work standing up instead of sitting, park further away when running errands, etc.
4) Stay on track during a nine day visit to the midwest to see family and friends. This will be the biggest challenge, as I will be eating at other people's houses, meeting people for coffee or a meal. My parents eat clean, so it shouldn't be a problem at their house, which is where I will be most of the time. I'll make sure to have healthy snacks, and if I'm in a situation where I don't have that much control of what I'm served, I'll just focus on the protein and veggies. I don't want to make a big deal out of my new dietary habits and have that conversation with people.

I don't like to set firm weight loss goals, only behavior goals, but I do hope that I can get firmly established in the 190s during the month of June. I am ready to put that "2" behind me for good!

Hoopty
05-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Yay! I'm excited!

My May goals:

#1 - Get back to the 130s and slowly move down in the 120s direction
#2 - Focus on my mid-section a little more while exercising
#3 - Experiment more with high-protein + high-fat meals. I feel like limiting carbs really curbs my cravings but I don't wanna jump to any conclusions yet since it's only been a few days
#4 - Run 6.2 miles (10k) on the treadmill

BonnieL
05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Congrats on your big loss Cecilia!

My goals for May are
1) eat 1700-1800 calories
2) exercise 3 - 6 times a weeks
3) don't eat sugar
4) do all the other little healthy lifestlye things I try to do (for example, adequate sleep)

ange82much
05-01-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm just starting (again!), so my plan is as per the title.

1. Stay on plan foodwise - if i can do this in May i'm happy
2. Go running at least twice a week and increase exercise generally
3. Do at least once-daily physio (for shoulder cuff surgery repair)

GettinFit
05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to be back to posting. Today was an okay day for me. I had lots of running around to do getting ready for my trip so I didn't get to walk today. My eating was okay but I didn't track my Points. I will do better tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

Kaitie9399
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
My Goals for May:

1. Exercise 25 out of 31 days.
2. Walk the dog twice a week.
3. Walk/Run/Bike 150+ miles.

Hello Everyone! Happy May Day!

OP for the day and I did 62 minutes of wfp. My scale was finally friendly to me this morning--yeah! 178.6. I hope to be 171.6 by May 31st--although 169.8 would be fabulous I just don't think a 9 pound loss in one month is a reasonable goal for me. I'm usually steady at around 7 pounds per month.

Anyway, have a great Thursday everyone!

Lotus7
05-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Hey Ladies. Happy May Day!!

GettinFit - Good to have you back on the board. I hope your time off will give you a good headstart for the month.

1. No sugar or startch/Keep (net) carbs under 30g
2. Drink 2.5L of water per day
3. "Exercise" 4 days per week (but move EVERYDAY)
4. Check in to the board daily

So far so good, my eating was OP with my net carbs at 28g. I was a little under on the water ~2.2L. And did one hour skating today as well as yoga in the a.m.

Hoopty
05-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Hey guys,

Had a super stressful day today. Do you know that feeling when somebody is trying to charge you for something and you have no idea why and what for? Well, got a bill from eBay today and I was outraged. I stress over things like that so easily, especially when it comes to money. Also, I got my haircut and let me tell you...there is a reason why I don't trust hairdressers, ever. I'm not completely unhappy but not satisfied either. Whatever, it's too late now anyways :/

I was completely off plan today. I did walk a lot but didn't go to the gym. I probably had a gazillion calories in junk food today. Also, I drank tons of water but again - barely had to go to the bathroom.

Tomorrow is gonna be a better and healthier day, I know it. I don't regret what I ate today but I'm really motivated to stay OP tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great start!

junebug37
05-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Did I seriously forget to post on May 1st? Yeah probably... sounds like me!
I was sleeping all day to try to catch up!! At work now!!

I have figured out my goals for May and I said I would not do such a big goal as I did this past month but I changed my mind! LOL So here are my goals for May 2013!!

1. Goal weight is 158lbs by May 31st! (10 pounds)
2. Be consistent with staying OP for eating!! Keep up with the good water intake.
3. Finish at least Week 3 of Couch to 5K!!
4. Complete Squat challenge!!
5. Have fun with my exercise!!
6. MOST IMPORTANT: Get Enough Sleep

I think these are all positive goals and I can achieve them if I try really hard!!

I do have something exciting to share!! I got a call from a Specialty Hospital about a job interview for next week!! I m so excited I am about to BURST!!

I was OP today (and yesterday LOL)

I went back to my trusty chicken breast for protein! Sometimes it is just easier!!

Hope all has a good Thursday! Later!

:D= 5 pounds
:D:D:D:D

SuperCecilia
05-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Good morning friends,

Scale said 202 this morning - down a pound! With my tendency to "whoosh" on occasion that means onederland could happen any day now! It is a good way to start off the month. OP eating yesterday - I was at an event where cake was served and I had a tiny sliver and made that my afternoon snack with a cup of coffee and was able to stay on track the rest of the day. On plan so far today and I have a run scheduled for this afternoon.

I enjoyed reading everyone's goals, and thought it was interested that getting enough sleep is on a few lists. That is definitely important for me, too - for weight loss, mood, productivity, etc.

Junebug - exciting news about the job interview! And way to go with your progress with C25k!

Hoopty - glad you are motivated today. Sorry about your haircut - it will grow out!

Lotus - wow, net carbs at 30 g, that's low but I can definitely imagine it being effective for us folks who thrive on lower carb diets. Let us know some of your foods for keeping your carbs at that level - I'm sure I could learn a thing or two!

GettinFit - have a great trip!

Kaitie - here's to you moving through the 170s in May!

Hoopty
05-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Good afternoon girls,

junebug37 - BIG Congrats on the job interview! :) I've been hating squats lately so I switched to the leg press machine, lol!

SuperCecilia - You're almost there!!! I am really excited for you :)

I was OP for the day. I woke up this morning and I was starving! Whenever I have junk food at night I wake up with the biggest hunger feeling ever.
I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast, ran 3.65 miles and did exercises for my abs/obliques, back and arms. For lunch I had tofu, tomatoes, avocado, baby spinach, red onions, black beans, Greek yogurt and 1/2 apple + 1/2 pear. I know, I've been eating the same thing for lunch lately, lol! I plan on walking to Walgreens in a little while to buy a new base coat for my fingernails and then I'm gonna have some leftover fruit + Greek yogurt for dinner later.
Oh! I was curious to see how much I'd weigh today so I hopped on the scale at the gym: 144.6 lbs pre-workout and 142.6 lbs post-workout. Urgh. It does kinda suck to see that I went up again but hey - what can I expect after so much junk food + PMS, I mean really? My "real" weigh-in is next Wednesday so I'm not gonna worry until then.

Tomorrow is gonna be a big day and I'm super excited. I haven't been back to the city since we moved Upstate in late July. Well, it's also gonna be a big day calorie-wise buuuut we'll be walking around the whole time anyways and I plan on going to the gym on Saturday.

Anyways, I'll check back later!

BonnieL
05-02-2013, 07:57 PM
OP today :)

junebug37
05-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Hoopty- Thank you! I am so excited :)

I for one am feeling so blessed and proud this week!!

First the job interview, second how I was so determined to stay OP this week AND DID IT!! And last but not least my weigh in today!!

Usually weigh ins are a way for me to track my weekly progress BUT today my center decided to do measurements (done last on April 11). When I heard this # I was so shocked!!!

I have lost a total of 31.25 inches since March 7th!!!!!! I can't wrap my brain around it yet!!!!!!!

I also lost 2 pounds since Monday!! Only 2 pounds away from my 1/2 way to goal mark!! At the center they said yes of course that is great but the inches lost are a huge deal right now!!!!

I AM ON CLOUD NINE!!

I hope everyone has a stress free Friday!!! I'm just going to stay OP and pay very close attention to everything I put in my mouth and how much I am moving!! :) :)

:cool:= 5 pounds

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

ange82much
05-02-2013, 09:06 PM

1. Check. On plan so far
2. Check - been out running the last two days
3. Check.

Hurray me!!! (yes, yes, i know there's still 25 or whatever days still to go, lol)

Kaitie9399
05-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day. I actually think that I to far under calories, I think I need to eat more. I have a monster headache and I am physically exhausted. I've gone to bed late the past two nights and got up at 4:30 to help my husband study for a test....I'm going to bed.

62 minutes of wfp and I walked the dog.

Observation tomorrow, I know I'll be fine but I still get a little worried. Anyway, time for sleep!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Lotus7
05-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

Cecilia - Basically, the ONLY carbs I eat are non-starchy vegetables and wine. With that its pretty easy to keep track and to stay under 30. Here is a basic blueprint (http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf#theory) of what I do if it helps. I'll probably keep it like this until I get to goal and then increase it slightly. I do kinda miss my sweet potatoes :(

Junebug - you are disappearing! We are cheering you on to the halfway mark:carrot:

Got in super late last night/this morning so did not have a chance to post. The eating was OP yesterday except for the fact that I had a little too much wine in the evening which probably threw me over my 30g (didn't count). So I know now to watch the alcohol in the future or at least save up for it by eating less carbs during the day.

Got about two hours of walking in - to and from work and then to and from the salon. Not enough water though - only 2L. I used to drink 3-4/day and I don't know why its so hard now. Maybe b/c I'm more active and running around, so maybe not a bad thing.

junebug37
05-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Lotus I can't wait until maintenance and I can incorporate some WINE!! :)

hehe!! I am working on getting some before/after pics together so I can compare! :)

Kaitie9399
05-03-2013, 10:38 PM
So Off Plan.

1. Took my neighbor out for her birthday. She wanted KFC. Crud. Super salty.
2. Had to go to someone's house to get something signed for church. Wasn't planning on staying--I even brought my dog as an excuse not to stay but stayed anyway. They gave me ice cream with a brownie and an oreo pie.

Oy vey.

Lotus7
05-04-2013, 08:03 AM
So yesterday was so-so. I felt pretty cruddy from my wine indulgences the day before. My eating was OP, and believe me, the way I felt, I could have downed a loaf of bread. I had my normal breakfast (eggs & bacon) and then went out for lunch and chose the Cobb salad. I suspect the dressing might have had a bit of sugar but I'm not sure - I need to start asking before I order, but the meal was totally fine otherwise. Instead of nibbling on crackers at my friends house, I was able to get some cheese and went to town. And back home I had some nuts and a small tuna salad for dinner. Mind you this whole time, I just wanted CARBS b/c that is my usual hangover food so I had to really be concious of that the whole day.

Also, when I come home from a night out drinking, I usually just start nibbling out of the fridge and when I came home, I didn't have anything. I paused at the refrigerator for a second and then moved on. That is a BIG step b/c most of the damage is not from the drinks but from the post-drink eating.

I'm thinking of just cutting out the alcohol until the end of the month so that my body can adapt to the low carb better. I don't know if the alcohol is having any negative effect but I kinda of feel it is better to be 100% sure. I guess I will research it a bit today and decide. Any of you on Atkins-type diets have insight into this?

SuperCecilia
05-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Good morning friends -

Junebug - congrats on your loss of inches. Wow! And glad you are feeling so happy. Keep up the great work.

Lotus - thanks for sharing this info. In the research that I have been doing about lower-carb specifically to stabilize blood sugar (because I have insulin resistance and I also think blood sugar fluctuations can trigger migraines for me) I have read that alcohol can raise blood sugar and acts as a simple carbohydrate in your body, and can stimulate carb cravings, plus it dehydrates you. I have a glass of red wine probably 1-2 night a week, and so far it doesn't seem to be interfering with weight loss. You might check out the low-carb section of the board and see what others' experience has been with the type/amount of alcohol while on LC.

Kaitie - I hear your "oy." Ice cream with a brownie and oreo pie - that is not an offer I'd want made to me. today is a new day!

Ange and Bonnie - congrats for staying on plan!

So yesterday I was barely online at all so didn't get a chance to post. But was OP eating even though a friend (who knows I am trying to limit sugar/carbs, but doesn't seem to get it) offered my pie. I went out to coffee with friends and had a skim latte even though they all had mochas with whipped cream. I had a great run on Thursday afternoon and covered a particular route faster than I have in the past, and did lots of walking yesterday. Also, I am noticing in the mirror my face is less round and a bit more angular. I like it!

Today I have a work party where there will be lots of food and hors d'oeuvres being passed around. I'm planning on eating before I go and focusing on interacting with people and not letting food be the focus. I will have a small portion of the dessert that is served as my afternoon snack.

Hoopty
05-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Hello ladies,

The night before my Husband and I went to NYC we both started to feel sick (sore throat). The next morning was much worse but because we were so excited and we made so many plans we decided to go anyways. All in all we had a great day and I'm very glad we went. We got there at around 11:30 AM and took the train back at about 10 PM. I was so tired last night I didn't even bother going online. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good sleep at all. My nose is super stuffy and my throat burns and when I woke up this morning I felt like absolute ****.

With that being said - yesterday was 100% OFF plan. I had my oatmeal for breakfast but throughout the day I had a lot of sugar and fats. My calorie intake must have been somewhere around 4400, so probably around 2500 too many. The city's got a lot to offer, lol. Again - I didn't plan on staying OP yesterday so that is fine with me.
Since I'm getting the flu now it will most likely be hard for me to eat anything. I will try to get a lot of veggies + fruit in and protein as well. My number 1 priority however is to drink, drink, drink!

One thing I'm really excited about is that we both got new workout clothes, yaay! Can't wait to wear them.

I enjoyed reading all your posts!

Lotus7
05-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Cecilia - I did some research into alcohol and low carb and I found a goldmine (http://www.drinkyourcarbs.com/news/comments/history_of_drinkers_diets_revisited)

Yesterday was definitely OP. I kept it under 30g carbs, did some yoga A.M. and went for an hour walk before lunch. My friend had a scotch night and I managed to just drink water. Though with my newfound research (above), I may not have to anymore!

Icamp2
05-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm a few days late but jumping on board!

Goal 1) Track food daily on fitday
Goal 2) Eat whole foods only
Goal 3) exercise minimum 5 days per week

I think that should do it... I hope :D If I am tracking my food I am careful with what goes into my mouth. I don't worry about carbs/fats but just that the food is whole and clean. I recently switched to Fitday from a different program on my phone and I think this will be much easier.

Kaitie9399
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
It's official. I'm a hypochondriac. No, seriously. I'm getting a physical this week to just make sure that this crazy twingy pain that happens once a month is nothing but seriously, I've had myself 'diagnosed' on WebMD with having a heart attack, panic attacks etc... In my head I know that this all stems from a tragic incident that happened on Thursday to a few of my students but I'm still crazy and worried that it could happen to me. I'm a nut.

Yesterday was OP but my throat was seriously on fire and my asthma was bugging the daylights out of me (on top of my twinging shoulder/chest). I think I've become allergic to Advil--that sucks. But my asthma really flared up for the past three or four days and I had be taking advil. Advil makes asthma worse. Good to know.

My plan is to be OP for the day but I still need to workout. My throat is still on fire and nothing is helping. I've had honey and ricolas, and water, and advil (not today, yesterday). Grr....

I didn't lose anything all week, this week has to be better. I'm running out of time. I'm supposed to be 160 by the end of June. I want to start the IVF process again and I don't want to be a fat pregnant chick.

Hoopty
05-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Kaitie9399 - I wish you the best! I had a whole bag of Ricolas yesterday and they definitely helped my sore throat, love them. Get better soon!

Icamp2 - Welcome! :)

I basically slept all day yesterday. My throat feels a little better now but my head is killing me. I managed to drink a lot of water and I feel like my body is now starting to finally flush itself out (a couple of days ago I drank like a maniac but it all stayed inside me).
I wasn't completely 100% yesterday. My Husband brought me in a plate of goodies to make me feel better (mentally): 1 PBJ sandwich, 5 mini Nutter Butter cookies and about 10 Mini Reese's (the ones that look like Smarties). Nothing too bad. Other than that I had lots of fruits, oatmeal, eggwhites and spinach.

Today has been OP so far. I just wanna get over this sickness :/

Kaitie9399
05-05-2013, 09:35 PM
OP and exercised 158 minutes. That scale better move tomorrow!

junebug37
05-06-2013, 03:51 AM
This weekend is my 2 12 night shift work weekend so I am so tired!! I only slept 4 hours yesterday!! I stayed OP all weekend though and I keep working on doing squats as much as I can! Hope y'all have a happy Monday.

ange82much
05-06-2013, 04:14 AM
still OP for May for me. The scales haven't moved between thursday and today, but i don't really care as i can't help but succeed if i stick to 'the rules' - i hope!!

BonnieL
05-06-2013, 06:50 AM
last 2 days was really craving a big peanut butter chocolate chip cookie a local store makes. I wound up not eating it, but don't know how I did it! was surprised by this very intense craving because i have not eaten sugar or white flour in a couple months now

Lotus- I have done Atkins in the pat. I don't think it permits alchol when you are only having 30 net carbs. There is a very good bulletin board web site with lots of Atkin information that goes by the plan Dr. Atkin used ( not the new plan they created and call "Atkins" after he died - which permits things he did not). If you google Atkins bulletin board you should find it.

Lotus7
05-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Kaitie - If I were that scale, I would move; you sound like you mean business :D Hope you get everything straightened out healthwise. I totally self-diagnose myself and then stress myself out, which is completely counterintuitive.

Bonnie - Thanks for the info. From what I've found, hard liquor has no carbs so technically it is allowed. But because alcohol is metabolized first, every time you drink it, you get kicked out of ketosis until its burned off. So I think to be on the safe side, I'll avoid it for the first few weeks to let my body adapt properly and then add it back it (sans mixers).

Yesterday was OP for me. I had some brazil nuts so I went a little higher in carbs but still managed to keep it at 19 net carbs. I just needed something crunchy. Apparently they advise against the nuts at the beginning but solely for the fact that you might go overboard not because they have any systemic effect...Water was on point for the past two days and I took a nice long walk outside.

SuperCecilia
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Kaitie - way to go on your exercise. I echo Lotus and hope you get things squared away health-wise, and can relate to your stress about hypochondria!

Lotus - mmmm....brazil nuts. I have definitely found that nuts help keep my appetite at bay and meet the need for something crunchy, as long as I can keep portion size small.

Bonnie - way to go on resisting the big ol' cookie. I am almost entirely off sugars and white flour, but every now and then a craving can still hit me, though they are not as intense as they were when I was eating that stuff more regularly.

Good news! The scale said 200.6 this morning! Down 1.4 pounds and just a stone's throw to onederland. I am excited for my "reward" for getting to onderland - a new haircut. I am hopeful I'll be able to get it next week before I travel back to the midwest to visit family and old friends there.

Yesterday I went to an event at a friend's church and there was a reception afterwards which ended up being a whole meal! Long tables lined with cookies, lasagna, mac and cheese, bread, crackers, and of course sweet tea (this is the south!) and lemonade to drink. And I was hungry to boot. Oy! I got my plate, filled it with some bean salad, a deviled egg, a few pieces of cheese, and some veggies, and opted for water to drink. I did have a small piece of coconut pie for dessert. And I didn't go back for seconds even though I could have, and others did. It felt like a good balance of allowing myself to participate in the event and not sit there with an empty plate while still not going totally off plan.

On plan today - had omelette with chard and artichoke for breakfast (mmm!) and planning to go to my monday night yoga class tonight which is always a pretty intense workout! Plus I have an appointment with my endocrinologist (who I see for hypothyroid and insulin resistance) and am excited because I know I will be much lower on the scale at his office than when I went six months ago. :) I am hopeful if I can keep this up I can reduce my insulin resistance and lessen (or even get rid of) my metformin!

junebug37
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM
SuperCecelia Almost to Onederland!! Yay!!

Bonnie Great job resisting!!

Good job staying on plan everyone!!!

I am so sleepy but I wanted to try my new ticker!! :wave:

Hoopty
05-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Off Plan yesterday. First time in about a month that I ate to the point where I felt nauseous. I'm determined to make today a healthy day.

junebug37
05-06-2013, 08:37 PM
I didi very well staying OP most of the day. Then had a handful of the dreaded french fries!! :/ But I used it as my "starch" so I didn't have too much extra starch. Then I had to try to eat my supper early due to baseball practice. So after practice and running around I'm hungry again.... this is the first time this has happened to me during this eating plan. I am debating what to do. Maybe some coffee?

But I did have a great weight in. I lost 2 pounds since Thursday's weigh in and that makes my total 25!! HALF WAY THERE!! I was working on squats this weekend but didn't get much done cause of work. Hope everyone has had a good Monday!

BonnieL
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
OP today!

Hoopty
05-06-2013, 09:28 PM
OP today and starting to feel better. Gonna make a cup of tea and enjoy the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Kaitie9399
05-06-2013, 09:34 PM
OP for the day and did 40 minutes of wfp.

I'm feeling distinctly unmotivated. The scale is just misbehaving and it's driving me INSANE!

Lotus7
05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Cecilia - you have a resolve of steel. Although its sooo much easier to resist the sugar/carby stuff on low carb that must have been really trying. Good job.

Yesterday was OP. Got my water, exercise, carbs under 20. I was even proactive enough to prepare my lunch for today last night. :carrot:

Have a good day everyone!

GettinFit
05-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone :D

I'm back from my trip and so excited about this month. I'm happy to say that I came back 1 pound lighter:carrot: I'm looking forward to getting off these 4 pounds I gained in April.

:welcome: to all those who are joining the May challenge. I wish you all much success.

I will catch up on all the posts I've missed later today. I just wanted to check in to say I'm back!

My plan for today:
Track my Points
Walk 2 miles (weather permitting)
Drink at least 6 waters

Have a great day everyone.

SuperCecilia
05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
GettinFit - welcome home! Congrats on losing while you were away! Good luck with getting settled back in, food and exercise-wise and every other way, too.

Lotus - thanks! Yes, I was pleased with my willpower when I was blindsided by a surprise buffet. Way to go on packing your lunch - it's all about planning.

Kaitie - I hear you about finicky scale. Keep sticking to plan and maybe you'll get a whoosh.

June - congrats on the halfway point! That must feel great!

Hoopty - best wishes in getting back on track.

Bonnie - congrats on OP day!

My apologies if the following sounds like whining, but I need to vent a bit and figure you ladies can understand. Yesterday, I went to see my endocrinologist (who I see for underactive thyroid) who I hadn't seen in six months. I was down 7 pounds on his scale (of course, in my count, I'm down 17 - but that's because I gained after my last visit before I started losing, and because it was middle of the day, with clothes on etc). I explained that lower carb has been working, and I'm feeling really enthused that I have finally found a plan that works. My doc (who is skinny, btw) was like (with a doubtful tone) "Do you think you can keep it up?" When I asked him what he thought of 155 as a goal weight, he said "well, 155 would be great, but just take small steps so you don't get discouraged." Also, when I asked about reducing my metformin as I continue to lose and (hopefully) improve insulin sensitivity, he pretty much blew me off and said that it was too early to talk about that. I mean, he really threw a wet blanket over my enthusiasm. I was more hoping for a "great job! Keep it up!" kind of response from him.

I talked to DBF about who basically said, "well, your health is your job, not your doctor's job, and ultimately it's not his job to be your cheerleader." Which is true. I guess the positive of this is that now I am REALLY motivated for the next six months! I go back and see this doc in November and how awesome would it be to continue to lose between 1-2 pounds a week. Even if I only lose 5 pounds a month, that would put me at 30 pounds lost by then, which would be 170. Now I want to do it just to show him! Grrr. Anyone ever have an experience like this with a doctor?

Hoopty
05-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Good evening everybody,

GettinFit - Congrats on your 1 lb loss and welcome back!

SuperCecilia - Jeez, I understand why you feel that way. I would love to see the look on his face when you go back in a couple of months ;)

OP today. I had a couple of Mini Chips Ahoy cookies and Honey Maid Graham Crackers but I stayed within my calories. Didn't exercise at all, only went for a brisk 30min walk. I'm definitely going back to the gym tomorrow!

RoseRed
05-08-2013, 02:36 AM
#1 Lose 7lbs
#2 Get in the habit of exercising 3-6 days a week in the morning
#3 Limit calories to 1200/day for 6 days of the week (with one free day)
#4 Reduce net carbs to 20% or less of daily calories and eliminate all white carbs and added sugars
#5 Increase protein intake
#6 Eat 4-5 small meals a day
#7 Drink 90 ounces of water per day
#8 Cut out all dairy except cottage cheese (unsweetened almond milk is ok)
#9 Track everything in fitday and visit this website at least every other day

Lotus7
05-08-2013, 07:51 AM
RoseRed - Welcome to the board!

GettinFit - Welcome back! Hope you had a great vacation.

Cecilia - That sucks that your doctor was not 100% on board with you. But on the plus side, at least he didn't actively try to detract you from low carb which leaves some room for conversion :D

Yday was not so good for me. I developed conjunctivitus, had to leave work and felt like typhoid mary. I was so stressed out b/c I didn't know what it was and I don't have insurance or $$ for the doctor, so I cracked and ate my trigger foods. They weren't particularly good or comforting actually and I don't feel bad or the urge to do it today. But it happened. Ahhhhhhhh!:mad:

SuperCecilia
05-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Rosered - welcome to the board! There are several of us here who are looking to decrease carbs and increase protein, so we can support each other. Cutting out what I call "carbage" (garbagey carbs like white flour, sugary and processed stuff) is a huge step that will help in so many ways.

Lotus and Hoopty - thanks for the sympathy re my underwhelming doctor visit. Hoopty, I say if you went on a 30 min brisk walk, you worked out.

So I posted it on the mini-goals page but will post it here, too: I can button my size 10 Old Navy jeans that I bought months ago as motivator, mini-goal jeans. Since the scale just gives you a number that doesn't really tell you if you are losing muscle or fat, if you are up or down because of hydration, etc, I think it's important to have clothes or measurement goals too. Especially since belly or visceral fat (as opposed to fat in other places - thighs, butt, etc) is the one most associated with diabetes, heart disease, dementia, and all kinds of other bad stuff - getting my waist size down is really important to me. So the fact that jeans that I could barely get on are now able to be buttoned (though not zipped...yet!) is a big success and almost means more to me that getting below 200.

Speaking of which, I went ahead and scheduled my appointment for my "onederland" haircut for Monday since I am confident I will get below 200 in the next few days....plus I want to have it cut before my trip to go visit family and friends in the midwest. Hooray for rewards for mini-goals!

Hoopty
05-08-2013, 10:41 AM
RoseRed - Welcome! :)

SuperCecilia - Congrats!!! That's a huge step forward, I'm so happy for you! :)

So after I posted here last night I had more of those stupid graham crackers that weren't even that satisfying :( I even put raspberry jam on them arghh shame on me :( I went over my calories by probably 700 :(

My plan for the day:
#1 - Go to the gym, run the treadmill for 45min (usually 35min) OR do an extra 15min of cardio at the end of my full body workout
#2 - Substitute meals with smoothies (explanation down below)

The roof of my mouth hurts really, really bad and I don't know why. I can barely eat or chew or even drink anything. It's like somebody took a knife and cut my gums open. Is it wisdom tooth-related? Or is it from the bags of Kettle Korn I had a few days ago? I don't know :( So I figured I would just have smoothies instead of full meals and add some edamame if I want to chew on something. It's a horrible pain and I can't go to the doctors so I'm gonna have to stick it out.

Will check back with you guys later. Hope everyone's having a healthy day!

GettinFit
05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Hello everyone :wave:

Welcome RoseRed.

Lotus - Sorry to hear that you're not feeling good. I hope it goes away soon.

Celia - Congrats on fitting your size 10 jeans:carrot:

Yesterday went pretty good for me. It wasn't a perfect day but not too bad. So far today is okay. I did a 20 min walk and plan on doing another 30 mins today. I can't wait to get back in the zone I was in earlier.

I hope you ladies all have a great OP day :D

RoseRed
05-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Thank you everyone! :D

Cecilia - Thanks, and congrats on fitting your jeans! I've already cut out processed food and junk from my diet, but I still have it sometimes when I eat out. :( I went on the Atkins diet before but lost the motivation to keep up with it in December and started to binge on the worst possible junk I could find. I've gained 20lbs since then. O_O!!! My primary problem is that I'm an emotional eater, I don't move enough, and I lose motivation too easy! ugh. :mad:

I'm considering diet pills, specifically OxyElite Pro, has anyone tried it (or other diet pills) with success?

BonnieL
05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
OP today! :)

Cecilia: It is so hard to find supportive doctors - I hate going because they so often make me feel discouraged. Especially my primary care doctor! I'm not at all surprised by your doctor's behavior, and have experienced much worse. I think you have to just ignore his attitude and keep on your healthy path. But if he is not giving you important information, like being unwilling to discuss when you might be able to get off medication, perhaps you should consider trying to find a different doctor.

I am going through a hard time exercise wise. Due to lots of injuries and medical issues, my main exercise is swimming, though I also do little bits of other things. But now I have an ear problem that prevents swimming. it is frustrating because it is taking awhile to heal, over a week now and still cant swim.

I've been thinking about that cookie incident a few days ago. I usually plan out my food in advance for the work week, since i have to prepare it all on the weekend as i dont have time during the week. i seem to have more trouble on the weekend, when my food is not planned. thinking about trying to preplan my weekend food, but dont really feel like it. have to think about this some more

thanks for listening to my thoughts

Icamp2
05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Mostly sticking to plan... I have a work lunch once a week and yesterday went off plan. I try to stick to whole foods only and ordered fajita salad as it was only salad that didn't come with massive corn chips and junk but... still came with junk and I ate every bite, ugh... but on plan today, just got back from a run!

Kaitie9399
05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Oy vey, this past week has sucked royally. I'm TRYING to move on from the things that are just tickin' me off to no end, trying. I read that all my stress and bad moods are releasing 'cortisol' into my system which making me not lose (and gain) weight. Can I really fool my body into thinking that I'm a happy camper again? I doubt it, but it's worth a try.

OP and did 95 minutes of wfp. It doesn't matter how much I eat right or exercise my bad mood (which is justified) is stopping my progress. Which of course makes me in even more of a bad mood.

Anyway, happy Thursday everyone.

Hoopty
05-09-2013, 12:50 AM
OP today. Ran the treadmill for 45min, had a brisk 3.2 mile walk to the mall and a fast 3.2 mile walk back. My legs, especially my knees and around that area, are really sore right now. I'm definitely gonna ditch the treadmill tomorrow and do something different cardio-wise.

I had my weigh-in this afternoon: 142.4 lbs. That's 2.2 lbs up since last week but with TOM and 2 major off plan days that's no surprise.

Goodnight everybody!

SuperCecilia
05-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi all!

Kaitie - I have heard about stress causing increase in cortisol which makes your body hold on to fat. I definitely think that if I am stressed and worried that it is harder to lose weight, even if I don't have a change in eating or exercise. One point of encouragement - with the exercise you could be building muscle, which would be positive but would explain the scale not moving. Do you think your clothes are fitting more loosely at all?

Hoopty - Weigh-ins during TOM are no fun, huh? Hope your mouth feels better soon. I wonder if you burned it on something you ate?

Bonni - swimming is such great exercise. And thanks for your empathy regarding my doctor. If he is still unwilling to talk about reducing my meds when I go back in six months (hopefully, God-and-hard-work willing) with more significant weight loss, then I will consider switching. I am so grateful that I can read and do research so I can inform and educate myself and not just depend on his opinion.

RoseRed - I don't have any experience with diet pills. If you are an emotional eater, I am assuming that means you sometimes eat when you aren't hungry, and since diet pills aim to reduce appetite (right?) it sounds like that might not be the solution, IMO.

GettinFit - WTG on the exercise.

I was on plan yesterday - I didn't get my afternoon snack in until way late (work meeting ran loooong) so was hungry but reached for organic cottage cheese and some leftover egg frittata when in the past I would have downed half a box of crackers, so that felt like an accomplishment. Yesterday I got up early and did a 7:30 am yoga class before coming to work. It was great to start my day with a workout and benefited both my physical and mental state.

OP so far today but am going out to eat for a work thing tonight - I know I want to have a glass of wine, so will focus on just having meat and veggies.

The scale is still hovering between 200-202, but actually now that I can button my size 10 jeans hitting onederland doesn't seem quite so urgent - I already have physical proof of my progress.

BonnieL
05-09-2013, 07:48 PM
OP today!

Kaitie9399
05-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

SuperCecilia: My mood was better today, boy I find it near to impossible to let go of things when my feelings are hurt---10 years from now I'll still think about this incidence with annoyance. Anyway, I'm wearing my brown yoga pants and I'm noticing that the thigh area is very loosey-goosey and that I'm stepping on the pant legs...maybe that's a good sign. I'd like to not have to wear yoga pants anymore (even though they are super comfy).

OP for the day and I did 91 minutes of wfp and I walked the doggie-pie. I can't wait for my hubby's master's classes to be all done. I don't mind helping him but holy guacamole it's a lot of paperwork.

Anyway, sad funeral tomorrow. One of the parents at my school had a brain aneurism and died last week. She left behind four kids who are absolutely devastated. Reports say that the older two boys are crying a lot and staring off into space and the one little kindergarten girl keeps saying that 'mommy's had to go out and she'll be back soon'. Uh! Breaks my heart. My poor little babies! If you believe in prayer, say a little prayer for these kids please. :-(

Icamp2
05-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Not really on plan today, I was famished at work, had my salad and chicken but was still starving, of course it is Mental Health week and I was given a cup full of candy (I am a therapist) so I ate 3 small pieces then got rid of the rest... I worked late and my daughter let me know she didn't make dinner so I grabbed taco bell... no good... BUT I am working on week 2 of C25k and I did my thirty minutes, plus some strength training, but only about 15 minutes or so...

I always eat on plan at home, its work that just gets me!!! Tomorrow is Friday so three days off should be good!

junebug37
05-09-2013, 11:57 PM
I am so so sleepy now. Had 3 hours of sleep total since yesterday morning. But I need to VENT big time. My scale # went up by a pound. No biggie especially since all day yesterday I was crabby crabby crabby and craving carbs like crazy!! THEN today I was craving chocolate so badly I was almost in tears!! :( So I finally gave up and ate 1/4 of a bar of dark chocolate. Emotional and crabby and "bloated"- what my weigh in center said!! Bleh its been a rough few!! Stress does this to me every time. But it can't really be helped!! I am just starting over right this minute!! Loading up on exercise in the morning and staying strictly OP!! This is the first time I have had cravings this bad!! I obviously don't handle it well at all!! Bleh X2!!

My job interview went well so I am crossing my fingers that I can get on at a new hospital!! I think that will help to perk me up too!! Have a good Friday everyone and celebrate your successes even if they are small!! We know these small things are what keeps us going!!

Night night! Zzzzz

Hoopty
05-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Good evening everybody!

SuperCecilia - Yay on choosing healthy food for snack-time! I don't think I burnt myself...it might have been the Ricola that I ate like crazy when I felt sick? I really don't know, but it's slowly going away.

Icamp2 - Congrats on only having 3 small pieces of candy instead of the whole cup! I think that's a big accomplishment.

junebug37 - Sorry to hear that you had a not so great day food-wise :hug: Tomorrow is a new day with a whole bunch of good choices!

Kaitie9399 - My thoughts and prayers are with the poor kids, their families and friends!

OP today. I was craving something sweet in the afternoon but instead of grabbing junkfood I made a healthy smoothie. I rode the stationary bike at the gym today and did a full body workout - finally for the first time since last Thursday!
Also, I weighed myself after I got done: 141.4 lbs, that's 1 lb down since yesterday. Seeing that 1 lb-drop really motivated me. I could be back in the upper 130s by next Wednesday, if I make healthy decisions. We'll see.

Wishing everyone a great day tomorrow! Goodnight!

RoseRed
05-10-2013, 02:57 AM
Completely on plan today. I tracked everything with fit day, I ate just under 1200 calories and carbs only counted for 10% of that. Oddly enough though, I actually gained 1.5 pounds.. Maybe it's my body adjusting to the low carb diet? :?:

SuperCecilia
05-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Last night, I went out to dinner with and (despite my stated intention here to order meat and veggies) I ordered fish and chips. I haven't had deep-fried food in months. I felt gross physically afterwards, when I laid in bed my stomach was gurgling. After eating clean for two and a half months, it was an unpleasant shock to my system. And then I wasn't hungry when I woke up this morning, but ate some greek yogurt with berries and walnuts and had a mug of green tea - because I knew skipping breakfast would only make things worse. Still now, more than 12 hours after the meal, I feel physically not as well. I have time in my schedule to work out today and hope that I feel better soon so I feel well enough to work out after that grease bomb of a dinner.

Lesson learned. Eat good, feel good. Eat lousy, feel lousy. Hard to see french fries as a "treat" if they make me feel heavy and bloated and yucky. Probably a good experience as it was a real reminder of what a difference what food we use to fuel our body makes. I'm leaving for vacation a week from today and this will definitely motivate me to eat well while I am away.

Rosered - congrats on OP day. I wouldn't take the 1.5 lb up as a real "gain" - scale fluctuation due to water retention, or just normal variance. Give yourself at least a couple of days of OP eating see how you feel and what the scale says.

Hoopty - congrats on workout and OP day.

June - congrats on good job interview! When I get chocolate cravings, I make homemade hot cocoa with organic milk, cocoa powder, and just a small amount (like 1 Tbsp) sugar. It does the trick for me and is pretty low carb, low cal, and even has some protein and fiber.

Kaitie - sending love and compassion to those children. Thank you for your work as a teacher! And yes, stepping on a pants leg means they are fitting more loosely, a sign your body is getting smaller, so good for you!

Okay, going to go chug some more water and try to get this meal out of my system...what a valuable learning experience.

BonnieL
05-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone! OP today, except didnt swim because still cant go in the water.

Lotus7
05-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Ok. After a 48-hour lapse of feeling bad for myself and being stuck in my house with pink eye, I have emerged from the cookie jar. I was back on plan today with some newfound conviction. My eating was OP and got my water in. I haven't been able to work out the past few days b/c of my eyes but they are clearing up quickly and I hope I can get out for a run tomorrow morning.

One good piece of news, I volunteered for a fitness study at the gym next to my house and was chosen so I get three weeks of free personal training! So I'm looking forward to that next week.

Hope you all had a good Friday!

Kaitie9399
05-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the prayers everyone! Funeral was ok, I've never been to a revivalist type church before --it was very different from what I'm used too. It was also a 3 1/2 hour service. Oy vey! Kids are doing ok, they have lots of family to take care of them.

Mostly OP for the day, I had a single scoop ice cream sundae this evening--I spent 4 hours helping my husband with his internship. Seriously, I should get an honorary degree. Anyway, I'm at 1400 calories for the day-not horrible. No exercise, too much work!!!

My plan is to exercise tomorrow morning, do more internship stuff (oy!), and maybe clean up the house--nah! :-)

Happy Saturday everyone!

Hoopty
05-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Good evening girls,

SuperCecilia - Crazy how bad food affects your health after weeks of eating clean. I hope you feel better soon!

RoseRed - Your weight gain could really be anything - too much sodium, water retention, food in your stomach, waste...don't worry about it. Your body takes a while to adjust to a new lifestyle.

Lotus7 - Lucky you! Three weeks of free personal training sounds really cool :) Hope your eyes feel better soon!

I was OP today and did 30min on the stationary bike + a full body workout. I was WAY under my calories today. When I was at the gym at around 7:30pm I felt really weak. I had only eaten about 500 calories so far. So when I got done with my workout I stopped by the grocery store next door and picked up 3 Luna bars - I've been wanting to try them anyways and because I couldn't choose between all those delicious sounding flavors, I picked 3 :D I thought my DH was gonna have some but he ended up only taking a bite of 2 of them. So yeah, 3 protein bars for me, not too good but I was craving them and needed the calories.
Afterwards I had peanut butter + an apple and a cup of tea. I'm happy with my calorie intake.

My abs are so sore. I'm gonna give them a break tomorrow and do the rest instead.

Have a good night everyone!

RoseRed
05-11-2013, 01:13 AM
SuperCecilia & Hoopty - Thanks, I figured I should just wait it out. My scale tells my water and fat percentage so I usually just assume it's a pretty good way to measure what's going on, but I know those things aren't always the most accurate. Anyway, I woke up today 3-4 pounds lighter so I'm happy. :D

And I was OP today. :cool:

junebug37
05-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Well I guess I am over my little hissy fit!! BUT I (once again) triggered my cravings with just ONE bite!!! :( I had popcorn at a baseball game we took our Cub Scouts to!! I am also having trouble doing any cardio because I somehow hurt my R hip. I was running bases for our 9-10 year old team and was running home "racing" a baseman and went as fast as I could and now am walking sort of gimpy!! It was fun at the time and I was close to beating him!! So I will just have to do something besides running for a few days!! Jumping jacks and lots of walking!! OP for Friday and no chocolate!! :) I just hope the numbers don't go UP! Thats my only goal: NO GAIN!

Off to coach 2 little league games while limping around!! Have a great weekend all!!!

:cool:= 5 pounds lost
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

SuperCecilia
05-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Happy Saturday friends.

June - keep up the good work with the exercise, sounds like you have a good plan. Sorry to hear about the craving triggers - I sometimes find drinking a lot of water helps me when that happens.

Rosered - way to go on another OP day!

Hoopty - isn't it great to have sore abs and know that you are getting stronger? That happened to me at my yoga class last week. Luna bars are good - my favorite is nuts over chocolate - and is definitely a more nutritious choice when wanting something sweet.

Kaitie - glad the kids have family support. It sounds like you are being very supportive to your partner with all of his coursework!

Lotus - glad your eye is getting better. I'm with you in coming back after being on plan, and like you am also planning to get a run in.

Today the scale said 204.4...blah! Almost four pounds up, which I am sure is from my transgression with the deep-fried dinner on Thursday still. I am feeling better now, and on plan so far today. Broccoli omelette for breakfast, some pork and garden chard for lunch, and lots of water. I am disappointed that I sabotaged myself when I was so close to onederland, but not letting myself get down about it. Forward!

BonnieL
05-11-2013, 07:34 PM
OP today. Did hard exercise tape with weights, and now am sore!

Cecilia - Maybe you didnt really/permanetly gains 4 lbs of fat from that one meal out. Maybe it had a lot of salt, or just the carbs you are not used to made you retain some water. If you get right back on plan maybe those 4 pounds will go away very soon! My fingers are crossed!

ange82much
05-11-2013, 09:01 PM
checking in after a while away. Have been OP all May and feel much better about my shape and where i'm heading. The scales aren't really cooperating but i'm sure i can bring them round if i just keep going!

Wishing everyone lots of willpower to stay OP over the weekend.

Hoopty
05-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Good evening girls!

RoseRed - Glad you lost the 1.5 lbs from yesterday - and more! :cp:

junebug37 - Hope you had fun at the little league games!

SuperCecilia - I went to the grocery store about 2 hours ago because I was craving something sweet and then I thought about you and picked up the Luna nuts over chocolate bar and it tasted amazing! :D I thought there was much more sugar in them (about 19g maybe) but they "only" contain 10g and tons of vitamins so yay for that! I will definitely try out the other flavors and pick those instead of actual candy bars if I get any cravings.

BonnieL and ange82much - Congrats on staying OP! :)

100% OP today but didn't workout. It was such a boring day today. It got so bad that I started craving something sweet but it wasn't that type of craving that I would usually get - it was really just pure boredom and not-knowing-what-to-do. So the first thing I think about is junk food! I told myself though - what's the point of eating tons of empty calories? Just because I'm bored right now? I'm gonna regret it so much tomorrow and I don't really REALLY want it anyways. So DH and I went for a late night stroll to the store and instead of picking up a box of donuts or something I went for another Luna bar. Now I'm happy and proud of myself! :)

On Thursday we're finally gonna see the new Iron Man 3 movie and go to the diner afterwards. I already know what I'll be getting and it's gonna be calorie-filled but - we're gonna be walking over 6.5 miles that day so I'm not gonna feel too horrible about the food :D Knowing that we're having a splurge day makes me really wanna stay OP until then. Hopefully TOM will be over soon and I'm also gonna try to avoid high-sodium foods since I have my weigh-in on Wednesday.

Well, good night everyone and have a great Mother's Day!

RoseRed
05-12-2013, 09:52 PM
ugh, today was horrible. :( I'm not too off plan yet, although I'll probably end up slightly over the amount of carbs I was aiming for (going for 20g instead of 20% now) and over calories too. I got my period today and just wanted to binge on something sweet so I ate 3 of these chocolate peanut butter protein bars I made a few days ago. Thankfully they're pretty low in carbs and satisfied my craving because I almost decided to pick up donuts and use my free day early.

Overall I'm happy though, down 7 pounds now from when I started almost 2 weeks ago and I'm no longer considered obese! :D I think I'm getting addicted to seeing the numbers go down too. I'm already considering more drastic weight loss approaches, like intermittent fasting for 1-2 days of the week and seeing how that goes. Also I did some research and decided to buy a cutting stack (supplements) and several vitamins to assist with the weight loss.

By the way, if any of you are computer addicted like I am and don't get enough exercise, the fitdesk is a genius idea.

Oh, and thank you Hoopty and SuperCecilia! :hug:

Kaitie9399
05-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Hello Everyone!

OP for the day and did 61 minutes of wfp (yes, every minute counts!) :-)
I'm really hoping for some big number changes this week. Hubby is done with his internship--FINALLY! It's been a year!! A whole year's work in a jam packed four inch binder. Anyway, I want to up the exercise again and hopefully most of the awful stress from the past two weeks is done and over with.

OH!!! I tried on my size 12 jeans today and they fit nicely! Wahoo!

Have a great week everyone!

SuperCecilia
05-13-2013, 10:43 AM
ONEDERLAND!!!!!

Both yesterday and again today the scale said 199.8! I am down 18.2 pounds and officially out of the 200s. I am so psyched to be in the 190s. Several milestones in this "decade" of weight loss for me - 198 will be 20 pounds gone, 195 will be lowest adult weight in I think 7 years. And then just around the corner at 189 i will be out of the obese BMI category.

I just got back from the salon where I got my "mini-goal reward haircut." I had about three inches taken off and layers put in so the natural curl comes through. I love it! Happy, happy! And happy to have hit onederland before my trip on Friday to the midwest to visit friends/family, somehow it makes me feel more confident to be 5-6 pounds lighter than when they last saw me.

Okay, gotta run, will be back later for personals. Happy Monday!

junebug37
05-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Weighed in today and I was so surprised that I actually lost weight after this weekend!! I had a stressful weekend and I "snacked" a little. But I lost 3 pounds since Thursday!! Working on W2 of C25K this week! Happy Monday to all!

SuperCecilia Congrats to you on Onederland!! Yay!!

:cool:= 5 pounds lost
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: +2

SuperCecilia
05-13-2013, 02:17 PM
June - congrats on your loss. You, too, are getting close to hitting a BMI milestone. Yay!

Kaitie - congrats on the pants. Isn't it nice when wearing clothes is such a pleasant experience?!?!

Rosered - 7 pounds in two weeks is great. It sounds like you have found something that works for you. Stick with it and keep it up! Congrats on your new BMI status. I spend lots of time on the computer so will have to check out fitdesk...

Hoopty - glad you are enjoying the nuts over chocolate Luna bars. It is a nice way to satisfy a sweet tooth. And good for you for realizing when a craving was rooted in boredom, and not actual desire for a particular food.

Bonnie - thanks for your encouragement.

Ange - thanks for checking in. Even if the scales aren't moving, if you are OP then you are making progress. Maybe take your measurements to have another way to track progress?

OP yesterday and today. And yesterday DBF and I went on a two hour hike that was over three miles and includes a 300+ increase in elevation (we live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains) which was a nice way to spend a beautiful day and get a workout in, too.

GettinFit
05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Cellia - :congrat: on making onederland! Great job. I can't wait to be where you are.

Junebug - Congrats on your 3 pound loss too.

Kaitie - Great job on fitting your 12s :carrot:

Rosebud - 7 pounds in almost 2 weeks is awesome. Keep up the good work.

My weekend was not too good but I didn't gain any weight and today has been good. On Wed. I will be back to my regular routine so it should be much easier for me. Even though I'm starting a new job, its at the same company with familiar faces so it shouldn't be too stressful. Also, I'll be back at my At Work Weght Watchers meeting :cb:

Today's journal
B: Banana
L: Subway Chicken Sub & 1 bag Sun Chips
S: orange, popcorn, 1C skim milk w/Maxwell House Int'l Cafe
D: Greek yogurt
Exercise: Walked 30 mins & WATP 2 Mile Walk

BonnieL
05-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Congratulations Cecilia!

OP today. it hard to stick to plan right now, but I did. I have been struggling with sticking to plan lately, hope it gets easier soon!

Hoopty
05-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Good evening girls,

SuperCecilia - CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer2: I'm so happy for you :) Glad you're liking your new haircut!

RoseRed - TOM is an evil, evil b****, lol!

junebug37 - Yay on losing 3 lbs! :dance:

BonnieL - I'm glad you managed to stay OP and I hope it gets easier for you! We're here for support :hug:

I was OP yesterday, ran the treadmill and had a full body workout. DH brought back some toffee peanuts and I had a small handful but stayed in my calorie range. I probably could've had more but they weren't that great anyways (and I didn't want any :) )

Today was 100% as well. We had to go for a brisk 3-mile walk with a stop at McDonald's (no worries, only to use the bathroom :p ) and that was my exercise for the day.
I had been eying those Yoplait 100 calories Greek yogurts but wasn't sure whether to pick one up or not. Today I finally decided to give it a shot and guess what - I was able to tell that there was sucralose in it. All artificial sweeteners have that certain taste to them that I don't like. It wasn't too bad but I won't be buying those again. I was scared that it was gonna throw me off plan somehow - for example cause cravings - but it didn't, pheww.

Tomorrow is measurement-day. Wednesday my weigh-in, ugghh, I'm scared. I did very well this week with only one slip-up (which was even before my weigh-in last week) but I still feel bloated from TOM (when is it finally gonna end?! :mad:) Yesterday I bought a 48-pack of decaffeinated Green Tea, absolutely love it! So I will be drinking that a lot to hopefully flush out any excess water.

Oh and I totally forgot - my grocery store had a whole carrot cake on sale for $3.99 aaaaaahhhhh I was freaking out!!! Whenever I want it they don't have it - why did it have to be today :cry: I wanted it so badly but wasn't thinking twice about not getting it. I had a little 2-min-grumpy-session but hey - I was on plan today and feel great about it, so take that stupid carrot cake!

Until tomorrow, have a great night everyone!

Kaitie9399
05-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Well! It looks like everyone had a pretty good Monday!

SC: Congrats on getting to onederland!!!

I'm OP for the day and did 90 minutes of wfp.

My husbands internship is officially OVER! Hallelujah! Now on to job hunting. He's very nervous about it. If he doesn't find anything he still has his regular teaching job and he can start looking again next year, no biggie.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

RoseRed
05-14-2013, 12:10 AM
SuperCecilia - Thank you!! And yes, you definitely should check out the fitdesk. It has really good reviews on Amazon and it's a great way to burn extra calories. I've had one for a while now and it's awesome (except that my laptop is broken but I just watch TV or read when I'm on it now). Also, I remember you mentioned that you were a low carb dieter too, but I might be wrong about that? I found a good low carb forum today called low carb friends, if you haven't heard of it already you should check it out! :D

GettinFit - Thank you, I'll definitely try to keep it up!

Hoopty - Indeed it is. :(

By the way, I just want to mention that you girls are all awesome and definitely really encouraging and supportive - so thank you! :hug:
I find it's helped a lot having a group to report to and keep me on track! But anyway, I was OP again today. :smug:

junebug37
05-14-2013, 05:49 AM
I was OP for the rest of the day yesterday and plan on staying that way today! Leaving work in about an hour or so and heading to get some sleep! I am so proud of us for a great Monday and I think it's the great start we need to this week!! :) :) go us!! Later ladies! Make today count!

SuperCecilia
05-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning friends,

Thanks for all the well-wishes about hitting 199.8. I was looking in the mirror this morning and I have to say that I am happier about the way that I look in a t-shirt - of all things! It lays more nicely with less of a stomach pooch. I wasn't totally OP yesterday - I stopped into a small local specialty grocery store and they had day-old bread for free, so I took two small rolls (oh, the risks of going into a grocery store when hungry...) but hey, I didn't take a whole baguette or anything, so could have been worse. I plan on doing lots of yard work today to get some exercise in (that lawnmower is heavy!)

Rosered - yes, I am doing lowish carb (general target is under 100 g carbs a day). It's not as low as a lot of low carbers do, but it seems to be working for me, so that is what I'm sticking with for now. Congrats on being OP!

Kaitie - your long workouts always impress me.

Hoopty - I can't do artificial sweetener either, it leaves a weird taste in my mouth and just doesn't taste good to me. I eat plain greek yogurt and add frozen organic berries and that does the trick for me. Congrats on fighting off that carrot cake!

GettinFit - good luck as you settle into the new job, glad you'll be able to get back to the WW meeting you like.

GettinFit
05-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Good morning ladies,

Great job to everyone staying OP yesterday. I finally had a good OP day too. I feel so much better and am motivated to have another good OP day. I did 2 workouts yesterday and it felt so good. I'm about to head out to do a walk this morning.

I hope you all have a great OP Tuesday:carrot:

BonnieL
05-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Getting Fit & well,everyone else too it looks like, Congrats on your OP day!

Hooptie- I get big containers of no fat plain greek yogurt and then take out a single serving and mix frozen berries (without sugar) and add a little dark cocoa powder (again without sugar) and it is like having ice cream (almost) without the sugar and fat. The frozen berries melt a little while you eat it and it is very good.

Kaitie9399
05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone!

OP for the day and only 39 minutes of wfp today. After the last exercise (jack knives) I started feeling woozy and sick so I stopped--ok DH made me stop.

Thanks SuperCecilia--I love the wii fit plus, most of the games don't feel like exercise so it makes it fun to play. I really like the cycling, the kung fu game, and the step routines--and the hula hoops and the yoga...and the...ok I like all of it. :-)

How could I forget!!! Today's a momentous occasion for me---I am officially 30 pounds lighter today than I was on December 31st! Wahoo! Go me! Now to get to the160's!

Here's to a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

junebug37
05-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Sounds like all of you are doing great!! This week has already gone by too fast for me!! My boys are out of school next Friday so here come Summer adventures!! I'm excited for all to come!

Set a mini goal for myself to get to 160 at the weigh in tomorrow! Crossing fingers! :D

I was OP for Tuesday except for a handful of kettle corn! Working on more movement and exercise at my boys school today at field day! Hope to get a run in before work too! Have a great hump day! LOL! :carrot:

:dizzy:=5 pounds
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Hoopty
05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Happy Wednesday girls!

junebug37 - Crossing fingers with you!

BonnieL - I used to eat it like that too minus the cocoa powder. It's very tasty! I usually just get my grocery store's brand Greek yogurt but haven't been in the mood lately :/

SuperCecilia - I hope the weather was good and you were able to get some yard work/lawnmower-exercise done! :D

GettinFit - Yay on 2 workouts! Sounds like you were burning some calories :lifter:

I was 100% OP yesterday even though I started having cravings again later in the day, uughh. DH and I decided to go for a walk but it didn't help, really. So I hopped in the shower and took my time but when I got out....cravings were still there. I ate my dinner, drank a lot of water/green tea and I swear I was so determined not to give in - which I didn't :)
I wrote down my measurements in the morning and I'm so happy to say that I lost at least 1cm (0.4 inches) everywhere! A little more around the thighs (I guess the leg press/stationary bike is paying off) :woohoo:

I'll check back with everyone later. Today is my weigh-in! Hopefully I'll come back with good news.

GettinFit
05-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Hello everyone,

Hoopty - Great job on staying in control last night:carrot:

Kaitie -CONGRATS on your 30 pound loss :cb:

So far so good for me. Yesterday was an OP day and so far today has been good. The scale is back to where it was 3 weeks ago so hopefully, I'm on my way to onederland now.

I hope everyone is having a great OP Wednesday :)

SuperCecilia
05-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi friends,

I wasn't totally OP yesterday - I didn't have a mid-morning snack because I wasn't hungry, but I know when I do that that I get super hungry in the afternoon. So I had a healthy snack planned (mashed cauliflower with cream cheese, mmm) but still ate pretzels out of the bag. This is a behavior I know gets me in trouble: being hungry and then eating carby stuff (wheat thins, triscuits, corn chips, whatever) right out of the bag or box. I didn't have a tremendously huge amount, but this is an old habit that I know doesn't serve me. I realize that I've done this once before - gotten under 200 and then started to sabotage myself. Not sure what is behind that, but definitely nipping that in the bud this time! I want to get firmly into the 190s this month and plow on forward to my next minigoal of 189 (out of obese BMI). OP today and took a yoga class this morning. And my forearm muscles are sore today from all my hedge-clipping yesterday - the yard maintenance workout. :)

Kaitie - 30 pounds gone! Awesome. You are an inspiration.

Hoopty - way to resist the cravings!

Junebug - DBF and I were at a festival this past Sunday and there was kettle corn. So tempting! Good for you for only having a small amount.

Bonnie - I like to add cacao nibs to my greek yogurt and frozen berries. I haven't tried cocoa powder but that sounds good!

GettinFit - keep it up with your workouts.

Tomorrow is my last day at work before heading on a 9 day trip. I will mostly be staying with my parents, who eat really healthfully so I know I'll be able to make healthy choices with them. Also I will be able to be a guest to go along with them to the gym so I can swim laps or do yoga classes or other fitness classes. Will also be eating at other people's houses - my plan is to bring healthy food along to share, so at least I know I'll be able to eat what I bring. And eating out some - the strategy of lean protein and veggies! I'm hoping I can at least maintain 199.8 while I am gone, and hopefully even drop a pound or so. If I get to 198, I'll be at 20 pounds gone!

BonnieL
05-15-2013, 09:58 PM
OP today.

Katie - congrats on you r 30! I keep wondering, what does wfp mean?

Cecilia - boy can I relate to self sabotage. I am going through some weird emotions feeling like I should stop and that I've lost too much. I wrote more about it in the 300+ and 40 years forum, but it has been really though and I dont understand why I am feeling this way. Thank goodness the worst seems to have past for now!

Kaitie9399
05-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Bonnie: wfp = wii fit plus I know it sounds crazy to lose weight playing a video game but hey, it's working and I'm having fun. :-)

OP for the day and 60 minutes of wfp and I walked the dog.

Do you ever have those kind of meetings where you show up and nothing is really said or accomplished and yet the meeting still lasts for close to two hours? Yeah. That's annoying.

Anyway!! Have a great Thursday everyone!

Hoopty
05-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Hello girls,

Weigh-in went well today - I'm back down to 139.6 lbs :) Which means I hit my first mini-goal! :woohoo: This is the second time that I got under 140 but I knew I would go back up due to TOM. Now I'm very determined to move down instead of up! :exercise:

I was 100% OP today, got 33 min of cardio (arc trainer) and a full body workout in. My mood wasn't so great though...I was really on edge and super annoyed :tantrum:
Can't wait until tomorrow. DH and I are FINALLY going to see Iron Man 3! After that, we'll have early dinner at the diner and oh boy - it's gonna be a feast! I wanna buy dessert at the grocery store afterwards and relax and then we plan on going to the gym later in the evening.

SuperCecilia - Hope you have fun with your family and friends! It's a good idea to bring some healthy food for everyone.

Congrats on staying OP everybody! Half of May is already over, can you believe it? :yikes:

Until tomorrow!

SuperCecilia
05-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Bonnie - yeah, the self-sabotage thing is weird, isn't it? A lot of the friends and family I'll be visited are various levels of overweight, so somehow maybe I'm justifying that carrying extra weight is "normal" and I'm just fitting in with everyone else? But I know that's no way to think, that I am working to be healthy for me and comparing myself to anyone else (positively or negatively) is just a waste of time and energy. My yoga teacher always talks about how we choose our thoughts and can work to be mindful of what we are thinking and the experience we are choosing - I have found that kind of thing helpful as I face the strange self-sabotage type behavior.

Hoopty - congrats on the mini-goal! Under 140!

Kaitie - oh, yes. I've been in meetings like that. No fun.

Thanks for reminding us, Hoopty, that May is halfway done. I'm down 3.2 pounds so far this month and would like to make it an even five pound loss for the month of May. I've already started packing - getting things wrapped up at work here for nine days away, and planning to take an hour and a half yoga class tonight and then get to bed early since my flight out tomorrow is at 6:40 am!

BonnieL
05-16-2013, 03:11 PM
OP toayd! :) And not as hard as the last few days to di it.

Cecilia - I still can't figure out the why of the self-sabatoge. I would really like to know why, but since I can't figure it out now, I'm just trying to focus on realizing the thoughts are not really thoughts at all, but sabotaging feelings disguised as thoughts, in other words, just being aware of what is going on, and trying not to listen to those feelings.

Katie - doesn't sound weird at all, sounds fun!!! When I lose a little more and can do more I my feet I may look into it myself!

Kaitie9399
05-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Good Evening Everyone!!

OP for the day and although I haven't finished my 30 minutes of wfp yet I'm going too and I took the dog for a walk.

Tomorrow is jean day at school--size 12's here I come! Argh!!! :-)

TGIF everyone!

DietHope
05-16-2013, 09:57 PM
This is good. I think consistency is the key and something like this is great to keep the motivation up!

Hoopty
05-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Hello girls,

Just a quick post - personals tomorrow morning!

I had a fun day - the movie was great, the weather was awesome and the food was delicious! I had around 2900 calories but I'm happy. I'm super thirsty due to my sodium-intake (fried potato wedges) and I cannot wait to go to the gym tomorrow!

Goodnight!

RoseRed
05-17-2013, 01:55 AM
I haven't been on plan the past two days due to some nasty stomach pains that I can only assume are related to my low carb diet. I scheduled an appointment for the doctor so we'll see what they say, I'm hoping I just have to change diet plans and it's nothing more serious than that. I have good news too though!! I weighed in at 170 today, yay! That means I've reached my weight loss goal for the month (-10 pounds), and hopefully tomorrow I'll be back in the 160s again. :D

junebug37
05-17-2013, 11:16 AM
OP for Thursday! Had a small gain but I know I had some "snacking" issues. The salt intake hurt the weight loss! Oh well. I did finish C25K Week 2 Day 1 yesterday and I felt great! Ran just a little at baseball practice and it hurt! My legs were so heavy!! :( I guess you shouldn't run twice in one day!

work weekend coming up so my eating will probably be right on track! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hoopty
05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Hello again,

SuperCecilia - Hope you have a safe trip! :moped:

BonnieL - Yay on being OP!

Kaitie9399 - Rock your size 12 jeans :)

DietHope - It definitely is! This thread has kept me very committed and accountable.

RoseRed - Congrats on reaching your first weight loss goal :yay: Feel better soon!

junebug37 - I've experienced the same thing before - running twice in one day - and my legs were killing me.

I woke up late today and felt super shaky. I'm not hungry which is unusual for me after a day of eating so much junk food. But - I'm very determined to stay OP, drink lots of green tea and I definitely wanna get some good cardio and weight training in.

Will check back with you guys later. Have a great Friday!

Kaitie9399
05-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Thanks Hoopty! I totally did--even if I was the only one who noticed. :-)

Mostly OP for the day, I have movie theater popcorn and either it's the popcorn or the 3D glasses that have given me a killed headache--I think it's the popcorn. Too much salt! We'll see. I've been trying to drink, drink, drink my water but there's not as much exiting as I'm taking in so I know the sodium is messin' with my body.

83 minutes of wfp.

Anyway, Have a happy Saturday everyone!

Hoopty
05-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Good evening girls!

Yay! I'm excited!

My May goals:

#1 - Get back to the 130s and slowly move down in the 120s direction
#2 - Focus on my mid-section a little more while exercising
#3 - Experiment more with high-protein + high-fat meals. I feel like limiting carbs really curbs my cravings but I don't wanna jump to any conclusions yet since it's only been a few days
#4 - Run 6.2 miles (10k) on the treadmill

The reason I quoted this is because I met goal #4 today! :whoo: I ran 6.2 miles on the treadmill and boy am I tired right now! My initial workout plan was to run, do weight training and then ride the stationary bike. But on my way to the gym I changed my mind and thought "I'll just give it a shot, if I can't do it then I'll just stick to my original plan" and well - I managed to run a 10k in 51:30 min :) I'm super proud of myself but I gotta say - I probably won't be doing that again any time soon :D Maybe in a couple of weeks from now. The outside of my left foot hurts a little but other than that I feel great. My main focus after the run was to stretch properly. Maybe I should make "being able to do a split" one of my goals for June :lol: I also managed to do some weight training.

After yesterday's feast I thought I'd wake up super hungry - that's how it usually is for me. However, I felt really shaky :stars: My body was probably under shock or something from all the sugar and salt :chin:

Today was OP for me. I had a Milky way bar (from yesterday, never ate it) as a snack and tried 1 Zeppole for the first time after dinner but stayed in my calorie range.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Hoopty
05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Kaitie9399 - That's all that matters! By the way: 3D-glasses give me headache every time! That's why I always refuse to watch 3D movies :D

Until tomorrow!

BonnieL
05-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone - am busy with out of town visitors this weekend, so just dropping in quickly to say hi and that I've been staying OP and hope to for the rest of the weekend.

SuperCecilia
05-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Greetings from the midwest! I got up at 5:30 am yesterday to catch my flight and all went well with my trip. I was OP yesterday - my parents and I took my grandmother out to eat and I ordered a senior-sized (smaller - which they allowed, even thought I am not a senior!) grilled salmon which came with cole slaw. It also came with french fries and I literally didn't eat one. Went for a four mile run in the afternoon - past my elementary school and through the park I played in as a kid.

A little tough because my parents have their food/body image/health hang-ups. My dad made a big point of how he wasn't hungry and wasn't going to eat, and then ate every last one of the french fries that came with my meal and spent the rest of the afternoon saying that he shouldn't have eaten them. So I definitely feel like they are focusing on what I eat and don't eat and kind of making an issue of things but I am working on just not playing into it and eating what I know is healthy for me. The good news is there is healthy stuff in the house and my mother even went to the grocery store special to get me hummus, greek yogurt, and cottage cheese. It's definitely better than having parents who eat nothing but fast food or try to guilt me into eating heavy, unhealthy, carby homecooked food. Going now to take a yoga class with my dad at their gym!

Scale said 200.6 this morning (grrr....stupid 2!) - yes, I brought my scale along on my trip! I have been working out a lot lately, including strength training, so I realize this might slow down the descent of the scale if I build muscle. I will have to take my measurements again soon..

No time for personals, but best wishes and happy weekend to all!

GettinFit
05-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Hello ladies,

Cecelia - Great job on staying OP while on vacation. Your hard work is paying off. Even though the scale is slightly up, I'm sure it's probably water weight. Keep up the good work and enjoy the rest of your trip.

All is going well with me. I have had a great week and have worked out every day except today. My eating has been good and the scale is slowly going down.

I hope you ladies are all having a great day.

Kaitie9399
05-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Happy Saturday Everyone!!

I am off plan...wah! I ate too much, but at least it wasn't sugary or salty stuff. Anyway, I tried to compensate by doing A LOT of exercise. I did 3 hours of wfp--and by the way, it won't let you do any more than that. :-) hahaha, it has a time cut off.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Hoopty
05-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Hello girls,

I've been OP so far but am craving sweets really badly right now.
The outside of my left foot hurts from yesterday's run - it hurts when I walk and have to limp.
I went to the gym anyways, did 30 min on the stationary bike and ab-exercises. I tried to take it easy though and I had nothing else to do so I thought why not ride the bike.
As soon as I came home I got really hungry. I already had about 4 tbsp of peanut butter lol (on top of the other stuff I ate, nothing fancy). BUT I still am in my calorie range. We'll see what's gonna happen.

Hoopty
05-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Well, OFF PLAN for the night! I had huge amounts of chocolate and chips, uughh.

Kaitie9399
05-19-2013, 10:05 PM
Carb overload! Cereal for breakfast, cereal for lunch, soft pretzel....oy vey!!!!

Only 1300 calories for the day but too many carbs. 30 minutes of wfp.

I've helped John with 27 applications so far....it's no longer send in your resume it's a 15-18 step online application with essay questions. Thankfully most of the essay questions have been the same. It's a lot of work!

Have a happy Monday everyone--it's supposed to rain all week, blech.

SuperCecilia
05-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Checking in from day 4 of my midwest visit. I went over to the house of my parents' friends today and was served a plate with two kinds of rice, curried potatoes and some lentils (all home-cooked Indian food). Yes, three of out four items on the plate were simple carbohydrates! Luckily I wasn't served a large portion, and I had had a bit of cheese and kale chips before I left the house so I wasn't hungry, so I ate enough to be polite. I imagine I went over my carb limit for the day, but I didn't want to be rude to my parents' friends. I did get a workout in today and was OP eating for the rest of the day. Scale today said 200 even. I know fluctuations are normal, and in reality the difference between 200 and 199.8 shouldn't matter, but that's one .2 difference that does seem to matter.

On the positive side, clothes are continuing to fit more loosely. Possible TMI alert - I also have noticed in the mirror (and in how my bra fits) that my breasts are getting smaller. Does that count as a NSV? Oh, of all the places to lose weight for it to be my chest...

Happy Monday all!

Hoopty
05-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Good evening girls,

Another off plan for me. I know this sounds really brutal but last night's junk food plus today's junk food were somewhere around 3400 calories :fr: I woke up today and just knew it was gonna be an unhealthy day for me. It was raining, my foot hurt really badly, I was in an "I-Don't-Care"-mood and ended up eating donuts, french fries and some chocolate :( Blah blah...bad excuses! I just wasn't committed today. I would have gone to the gym but DH really wanted me to rest my foot which I totally understand. I told him though - we are going tomorrow! I don't care about the pain when I walk, it doesn't bother me when I ride the stationary bike and I really need to burn some calories after having eaten huge amounts of junk.

I am so desperate right now because I have my weigh-in on Wednesday and I'm really scared to see the numbers be back in the 140s. It's gotten to the point where I just wanna drink green tea all day tomorrow and not eat anything to make up for the calorie-overload but I know it's wrong and unhealthy. My willpower was gone today and I need it back, right now. I want to wake up and feel the commitment again.

Kaitie9399 - Online applications nowadays really annoy me. There are a million questions and it's so time-consuming to go through all of them. I hope it was worth it!

SuperCecilia - Are you happy about your breasts getting smaller? If so, then I think that's definitely a NSV! :)

ange82much
05-20-2013, 04:15 AM

Going well and still super motivated.
1.Been OP with calories all May (including planned off-plan events about once a week, but they're allowed!). Dropped about 3lb (slow, but that's me).
2. Been running probably about 3x a week on average, but not really done any other exercise.
3. Physio has varied - some days good sessions and some days half hearted.

BonnieL
05-20-2013, 08:07 PM
didn't do as well as I hoped on sunday. lots of sightseeing with visitors, so at least I was pretty active. Ate about 300-400 calories too many, and food was more carby than usual, but not too bad. Will try to get back fully OP tomorrow. Was OP today, except didn't exercise.

Kaitie9399
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
SuperCecilia: I hope you're ok. I hope you're not in Oklahoma!

Hoopty: Thankfully most of the applications are asking the same two questions--copy and paste!

OP for the day and did 61 minutes of wfp.

I'm ready for summer vacation!

Hoopty
05-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Don't know if I can call today "OP" - I stayed in my calorie range, worked out but ate 3 Brioche rolls. The cravings were back right after I left the gym and I was that close from picking up a whole bunch of junk food. However I told myself I would just pick up fruits - and I did.
My foot feels much better today. I rode the stationary bike for an hour and did some weight-lifting afterwards.

Tomorrow is measurement-day. Though I don't think there will be any changes.

GettinFit
05-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Hello ladies,

I hope you're all having a great day. I'm plugging along, not as good as I should be but I'm trying to get my groove back. I did a 2 mile walk today and I've stayed within my Pts range. I am hoping to make it to my WW meeting at work tomorrow and I know once I get back, it will be easier for me to stay OP. I am so tired of my clothes beng tight:(

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the evening ;)

Kaitie9399
05-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi Everyone! Where are you SuperCecilia!!!

OP for the day. I've spent most of my day working of stuff for John's applications. IMHO: He's working to slow, he's trying to customize each cover letter but he gets distracted by looking at their websites.... these jobs are filling up very fast, he can't dawdle. This is stressful.

No exercise for the day, I think my fingers did 3 miles of typing.....

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Hoopty
05-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Where is everybody? :?:

I was OP calorie-wise though I had a small bowl of sugary cereal and 10 of those mini-smarties-Reese's-Pieces. Ugh, I felt really miserable today - it's too hot for me (I have eczema so the heat is really messing with my skin) and I had cravings again. As far as exercise goes - I did 30 min on the stationary bike and some weight lifting.

SuperCecilia - Katie9399 said it right - where the heck are you?? I hope you're okay!

GettinFit - Hang in there! :hug:

Kaitie9399 - "3 miles of typing" :rofl: That's funny!

Wish everyone a healthy Wednesday!

junebug37
05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
It has bean a rough week! Obviously I have had ZERO time to post this week! It's my kids last week of school, I still have work with no sleep because I made commitments at the school, started an online Spanish class last Monday for my BSN program, and trying to eat right/exercise! WHEW!!

I was OP for the weekend, worked all weekend. Then I was ok for Monday & Tuesday I did ok too. Then today I snacked at the boys school parties!! :( I am hitting the gym to do my W2D2 C25K. And will probably do some on the elliptical after that. I have to work off the JUNK! I am going to enjoy a fun water day tomorrow with the boys at school! I want to kick off the summer in a great way!!

I hope everyone is safe and sound!

GettinFit
05-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Hello ladies,

Junebug - I'm with you on kicking off the summer in a great way. I'm hoping to do the same thing. I hope you enjoyed your workout.

Hi Kaitie & Hoppty - I'm here :wave: Since I started my new job, I've just been so busy and don't get to post as much. I'm hoping that things will settle down soon.

I went to my WW meeting today and I was only up 1 pound since my last W/I 4 weeks ago. Now I'm on my way back down. My goal is to be down about 40 pounds by the end of the year.

I hope you all have a great evening.

Kaitie9399
05-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day--a little low on calories actually, and I only walked the dog I didn't get to do any wfp. Maybe tomorrow.

Happy Thursday!

Hoopty
05-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Hello girls,

junebug37 - Nice to hear from you! :)

I was OP today and did 30 min on the stationary bike. The heat is giving me a mean headache, ugh.

Have a great Thursday!

SuperCecilia
05-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Hi all! Thanks for the concern - I'm touched you all were thinking of me. No worries, I am in Wisconsin - far from the tornadoes that hit Oklahoma. I just haven't been able to get online in the last few days.

I'm happy to report that after a week of the scale fluctuating between 199.8 and 202 I had a "whoosh" and am down to 198.2! That's just .2 of a pound short of hitting the 20 pound mark. Also, in visiting family, I saw a cousin yesterday who said, "well, you're looking kind of skinny." I have been eating out a lot but have managed to stay OP - once I got a dish that was grilled chicken and shrimp with avocado and veg over rice and I just didn't eat the rice, or I've ordered chili (can't go wrong with beans, meat, and veggies), and today ordered a veggie stir fry and again skipped the rice. I'm meeting a friend for breakfast tomorrow and I'll just order a veg omelette and pass on the bread and potatoes. I'm glad that I can find ways to eat low carb with going to so many restaurants. I did drink too much last night (yeah, when my extended family gets together the wine flows very freely...!) which is a rare thing for me - I guess I will just chalk it up to being on vacation. I'm encouraged that I have lost while being away and out of routine and hope I can even see the scale move a bit further before I fly home on Saturday.

Hoopty - way to go on finding an indoor way to exercise, and sorry about the eczema. Hope your foot feels better, too! And, to answer your question, I'd much prefer for my belly and hips to shrink as I'm losing weight, but I guess I will take what I can get. :)

Kaitie - congrats on OP day! You are a good to be so supportive of your BF!

GettinFit - I understand about wanting clothes to fit more loosely...just think of it as added motivation.

Bonnie - keep up the good work!

Ange - great to hear you are staying motivated and making progress!

Hoopty
05-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Hello dear girls,

I've been OP so far and in my calorie range (between 1600 and 1700 as of right now) though I've been snacking on peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets. DH and I went to the gym where I did 30 min on the stationary bike plus a full workout and I felt great.
I have pajama shorts that I bought in 2010. When I lost weight the first time (in summer of 2011) I started noticing them getting loose when I was at around 135 lbs. Well guess what - they're getting loose again, yay!
I forgot to tell you guys about my weigh-in yesterday: I'm back in the 140s at 141 lbs. When I weighed myself on Tuesday I was up to 145 lbs! Today after the gym the scale said 143 lbs. Weird. I did have a lot of sodium though and I've been feeling super bloated. We'll see how much I'll weigh next Wednesday. I do gotta stop eating those stupid PB nuggets though :D Okay seriously, I'm putting them away now.

SuperCecilia - Oh there you are! I'm glad you're okay :) Have you seen a lot of Packers-fans? I am a huuuuuge one and would love to go to Wisconsin just to buy some fan-clothing and accessories, lol! Congrats on the whoosh! :carrot:

Hope everybody is doing great!

Kaitie9399
05-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah SuperCecilia is back! You said mid-west so I got nervous, and then we didn't hear from you for a few days and I got more nervous! I'm glad you are well AND that you are in onederland! Yeah!

SuperCecilia
05-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks, everybody! You all are so thoughtful.

Hoopty - yes, Packers are HUGE up here...something I'd forgotten about, but yes, the green and gold is everywhere. BTW, don't let the scale fluctuations get you down...if those shorts are fitting more loosely, you're doing something right!

Kaitie - thanks!

Another OP day with one splurge exception. We went out with my grandmother and I got a scoop of chocolate hazelnut gelato. It was really good and I enjoyed it and the portion was reasonable. Also danced today so I got a workout in.

My too-tight pants are comfortable now and don't give me a muffin top hardly at all any more. I am excited to do measurements when I get back home because I must have lost at least half an inch on my waist since I did them last. I'm looking forward to my last two days of my trip and then getting back for some quality time with DBF...and warmer weather! (I know some of you all have heat, but there is a frost advisory tonight here in Wisconsin...brrr!)

Kaitie9399
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Happy Thursday Everyone!

OP for the day, little higher than usual but still OP and did 92 minutes of wfp. I need a serious vacation--we were going to do a little getaway this weekend but can't because my dh is too busy filling out applications and stuff. I understand but I really wanted to go and get my bow and arrows and do some time at the archery range. My job is driving me insane, I am a complete perfectionist. To me, there is no point in doing something unless you are going to do it to the absolute best of your ability and ever since my old boss left and the new one came I have not been given the time to make sure that my munchkins can be the very best they can be. It's driving me crazy. I don't do things half-way. I took this program from nothing to Superior in 1 year. Seriously, the first year I got there I established a 40 piece band and when we went to competition we earned a good. The very next year we earned superior and it was like that until 2012. Last year we earned a good. Barely. If there could've been anything lower we would've gotten that and this year is shaping up to be the same way. It's disheartening. I need time in my schedule for private lessons, I need time in my schedule for ANY kid that wants to play, not just the kids who passed the stupid njask test. It's funny, the kids who passed the test are my worst players. The kids who bombed the test are my best players. I'm just annoyed. I don't like to be embarrassed and I don't do things half-way. It's all or nothing.

Sorry for the rant.

TGIF. Seriously.

Kaitie9399
05-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Yeah it's Friday!!! I'm sure you're all out having a great time at BBQ's and my plans got cancelled. DH better get all this work done since we're not going to get my bow and arrows.

Mostly OP for the day. I had a hankerin' for anything and everything chocolate. I wanted a huge brownie sundae with ice cream and hot fudge with whip cream and a cherry---ummm sounds delicious. I had a caramello bar instead--and it was the king size, but it was delicious. Still within my calorie range though. Did 63 minutes of wfp and hopefully it won't rain all day tomorrow so I can take my dog for a walk.

Happy Saturday and MMD weekend!

Hoopty
05-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Hello girls,

SuperCecilia - Congrats on your pants feeling more comfortable :cheer2:

Kaitie9399 - I'm sorry to hear about your job situation. :(

I had a planned off plan-day yesterday. Total calories about 2500. Also had a rest day - no gym! I've been going a lot so DH and I decided to stay at home.
It's been rainy here in NY and the temperatures have finally dropped. I'm gonna go to the gym in a little while and try to get some extra cardio in. It's been easy for me to eat in my maintenance range but I gotta start keeping it low or else I won't see the scale move :/
The good thing is (TMI) - I've been peeing a lot, pheeww!

BonnieL
05-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi ladies! Last week was tough, visitors didn't leave till Monday, and I didn't have any time to shop or prepare food over the weekend. I felt disorganized and super busy all week. Today I fanally had a chance to catch up on things a little.

Generally have been OP, but ate a few hundred extra calories last weekend. So far for the month probably in total went over by about 500 calories, but I'm ok with that. given all the cravings I've had, it could have been a lot worse.

Hoopty - Hope your foot is feeling better!

GettinFit
05-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Good evening ladies,

Kaitie - Sorry about the situation with your band and I hope things get better for you.

Cecilia - I'm glad your pants are fiitting looser. Keep up the great work!

BonnieL - I know how it is when you're thrown off schedule with company. Glad you were able to get caught up.

Hoopty & Junebug I hope you're having a great Saturday.

I've had a very hectic & busy week so I've not posted as often as I would have liked to. My new position is very busy and fast pace. My last position was very laid back and low key so now I've gotta get used to the madness again. I went to my WW meeting on Wednesday and I have been doing very good since. This evening I went to a cookout and I did very good with my eating. I'd saved up most of my Points for the event. I sure hope I finally show a loss at my W/I on Wednesday.

I hope you ladies all enjoy the rest of the weekend ;)

Hoopty
05-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Good evening girls,

I was OP today, did 45min on the stationary bike, got a full body workout in and added an extra 35min on the elliptical as I had planned.
You know something - I realized today that I probably weigh a little less than what the scale says. Sometimes I have my weigh-ins during the day, sometimes in the evenings depending on what time I go to the gym. I should probably get my own scale and weigh myself every morning at home - before breakfast like I used to 2 years ago but I don't wanna spend the money yet :(

BonnieL - :) Thank you! It actually went away for 2 days but now it hurts again which really sucks because I wanna run the treadmill so badly :( I'm glad that you finally have some time for yourself (and to post and update us! :) )

GettinFit - Yay on staying on plan! :cheer2:

Have a great Sunday everybody! :wave:

Kaitie9399
05-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Good Sunday Evening Everyone!

OP for the day and did 93 minutes of wfp.

Have a great Monday everyone!

GettinFit
05-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Good evening ladies,

Congrats on having an OP day!

Kaitie - 93 mins of activity is great!

I've had an OP day. I didn't get a workout done but eating & my water consumption was good. I will be sure to get in a workout tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great Monday too.

Hoopty
05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Hello girls,

OP for me as well and did 35min on the stationary bike. My arms are SO sore from yesterday's workout, yay!

Have a great Monday everyone!

GettinFit
05-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Good morniing everyone,

I hope you all have a great OP Monday. My plans are in place to have an OP day. I'm looking forward to working out too.

junebug37
05-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Katie: I am right there with you with work!! I am always used to doing my very best and when I work around people who don't have that philosophy I get so exasperated!! My job is sort of like that now and it drives me crazy! Especially when your job impacts others lives like ours do! Grr!!

Cecilia: Yay for loose pants!! That is a great feeling!! Just wait till they start falling down!! :)

Hoopty: I keep having that anxiety that I really need to step up my game to reach my goal! I think you are doing great!

Bonnie: Hope you have had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

GettinFit: Have a great OP week! You are doing great!!

My oh my so much going on!! The good first: I only have 2 more "hoops" to jump through before I seal the deal with the new hospital job!! Medication test & drug test and they want me to start next Monday!! So so excited!! I had a great family beach day yesterday! Got some good sun & walked the beach!! Stayed so close to OP yesterday!! Have an extra bite or 2 of he couscous cold salad with black beans which are 2 starches together! But it was still healthy! And a small bite of brownie!
The bad: Last week I was off plan about 3 days! Friday my baby graduated Kindergarten and we took him to a special lunch out at a pizza buffet. I fully intended to stay OP but gave in to the pizza! Had a huge salad too but still!! I enjoyed the pizza way too much!! :( :(

I weigh in on Tuesday and I'm just hoping for any loss!! Just a little! Then maybe that will motivate me to really step up m game and get more exercise in! Happy Memorial Day and good Monday!! Happy thoughts for staying OP today and through the beginning of the week to all!! :hug:

SuperCecilia
05-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Happy Memorial day, friends!

I arrived back in Virginia late Saturday night. It's good to be home! Since I'd noticed my pants were fitting looser, I took my measurements this morning and here's the results from the last five weeks:
waist - from 39 1/2 inches to 38 1/2 inches
upper arm - from 14 inches to 13 inches (take that, batwing!)
calf - from 16 1/2 inches to 15 3/4 inches
hips - from 47 inches to 45 1/2 inches

Also, I tried on my size 10 Old Navy jeans - the ones I was just able to button about three weeks ago. Now I can button and zip them! Still too tight to wear comfortably but I am seeing progress. I can remember when I couldn't get those pants over my behind! So no scale movement to report but obviously I am doing something right. I'm shrinking! Also, looking at the pictures from my trip I am pretty happy with how I look - face doesn't look to round, belly is not so pronounced.

I was not OP on Saturday - had a last vacation hurrah and had a candy bar at the airport and a Pepsi on the plane (very unlike me...but I knew I was coming back to "regular" life so wanted one last treat). But I was OP yesterday and am on track for today so far. I'm going to take a yoga class at noon - I love my work/study for yoga classes!

June - congrats on the new job! Your family beach day sounds fun.

GettinFit - enjoy your workout!

Hoopty - sore arms = you are getting buff!

Kaitie - I definitely hear your frustrations. It is so tough when you take something seriously and do your best and others don't do the same! Keep up those epic workouts of yours!

GettinFit
05-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Junebug - Congrats on your new job! I hope all goes well and you're able to start on Monday. I hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow.

Ceilia - Congrats on the inches you've loss.

So far so good for me today.

My journal:
B: banana, watermelon, 1C skim milk & SF Maxwell House International Cafe, French Vanilla
L: Grilled Salmon, Salad w/reg dressing, 1 Dove Dk Choc
D: Grilled Chicken, brocolli
S: Pecans, mango
Exercise: WATP 2 mile walk

BonnieL
05-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Junebug: congrats on the new job!

Cecilia: congrats on losing all those inches! It is always so nice when old clothes fit again!

I got exercise in and went to the market. Still have to do cooking for the upcoming work week. Don't feel like doing it, but will try to force myself to. The long weekend was not very fun, I spent most of it exercising and getting back on track fully. It is shocking how easy it is for a little drift to become a quit and huge regain, and I am very glad to be back on my plan!!! I hope to go into next month on plan and have a successful month of June!

so far this monthI've had 14 days fully OP and in total have only gone over my calorie limit by about 500 calories.

Hoopty
05-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Happy Monday!

Ugh, another off plan day for me. I did great until right before dinner when DH and I decided to go out for a walk. We stopped at a few stores and I got such huge cravings for cookies that I gave in and bought Golden Oreos (a small pack that contains 12), Nutter Butter cookies (small pack as well) and 1 Musketeer Coconut bar. My total calories for the day: 3000+! The gym closed at 1pm due to Memorial Day and since DH and I slept until 12pm we didn't go. The only exercise I got today was a total of 1 hour walk. Other than that though I had a great day. I woke up and felt really happy. After a few days of rain the sun finally came back out but it wasn't too hot either.
Also, I bought a measurement tape (in pink! :D) since I'm too lazy to convert my numbers from centimeters to inches. Perfect timing: tomorrow is measurement-day! :)
I signed up for My Fitness Pal but something really confuses me. It says, in order for me to lose 1.5 lbs a week I need to eat 1200 calories a day + exercise cals. Isn't that a little too low? :?: So far I'm enjoying that website though. It's a great way to keep track of all the calories.
BUT because I haven't been 100% on track I just made my own calendar with some good old Sharpies and hard paper :D For every day that I'm on plan I'll draw a green smiley face and for every off-plan day I'll draw a sad red face :lol: I'm just really desperate right now. I HAVE TO GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!

GettinFit - Congrats on being OP! Absolutely LOVE mangoes :)

junebug37 - First off - big, big congrats on the new job, I'm so excited and happy for you! :) Seems like we both need some serious :kickbutt:, lol! We can do it though, I know we can!

SuperCecilia - You go girl! Even if the pants aren't comfortable to wear yet - you're making progress which means you're doing it right!

BonnieL - It's crazy how fast a few off-plan days can ruin everything. As long as you're back on track - that's all that matters! You made me realize that the month of May is almost over already :eek: Time flies....

Kaitie9399
05-27-2013, 10:21 PM
You guys totally rock! Thanks for all of the encouragement!

Not OP for the day. Calories are less that 1600 but the type of calories are not good. Chips and ice cream and a hot dog (which I was totally looking forward to and it was bad!!!) and other assorted party foods.... Did 60 minutes of wfp.

Is it too much to ask that the scale finally move down from 173.8? It's been there for a solid 5 days.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

SuperCecilia
05-28-2013, 12:21 PM
It's my first day back in the office after being away for nine days....arrgh, stress. I schedule my vacations for when I think there won't be a lot going on at work and then all kinds of doo-doo hits the fan when I am gone anyway...taking a deep breath.

I was OP yesterday. The scale is still fluctuating in the same range, I am hoping that I get settled back into my routine here at home that it will start moving downward again. In the meantime I can just be thankful that I am maintaining a nearly 20 pound loss and didn't gain while I was out of town and totally out of my usual routine.

My yoga class was not very tough yesterday, so I took at 25 minute walk in the evening. Not much in the way of exercise, but something.

OP so far today - actually, when I feel stressed I tend to lose my appetite, which I guess is a positive thing (at least it beats the opposite!). And I'm getting a massage tonight which should help me relax.

Kaitie - I am there with you on wanting to see scale movement! And, if you're going to eat a hot dog, Memorial Day is the the day to do it!

Hoopty - I hear your desire to get back on track. I hope the calendar smiley face system is helpful. I wonder what learning you can take from the cookie experience yesterday? What brought on the craving, or what you could do in a similar situation in the future? Whenever I go off plan I find that trying to find a "take away" from the experience helps me to feel better about it...even if I ate unhealthy/too much food, at least I gained some information about myself.

Bonnie - good luck with the cooking. Sometimes it a pain, but hopefully you can find a way to enjoy it - maybe put some good music on while you cook?

BonnieL
05-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Another OP day - so far 15 totally OP days this month. I'm going to start counting the number of OP days per month and then compare it to weight change for the month.

Cecilia - great job of maintaining!!! Traveling is so hard for me, I almost always gain and go way off plan! I would be very happy to stay the same during a trip.

junebug37
05-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Stayed OP for the day! Weighed in this morning and I lost 2 pounds since last Monday! I am so happy! I am only 1.5 pounds from 30 lost!! Can't wait to pick out some new running shoes for my "reward" :woohoo: Worked last night so its been a quiet day today! Go for my employee health screen & medication/dosage calc exam for the new job tomorrow!! I'm nervous! Hope everyone has good luck on their plans and exercising! I will post tomorrow with an update on the job stuff!!

:carrot:= 5 pounds lost! :dizzy:= the extra 3.5! ;)
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::dizzy:

GettinFit
05-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Evening ladies,

Another OP day for me and I did a Firm workout this evening. I feel like I'm getting back in my groove again and it's so exciting.

Junebug - I hope you earn those new running shoes soon.

Cecilia - I hope work settles down for you. Hang in there.

Have a great evening everyone.

Kaitie9399
05-28-2013, 10:31 PM
My scale completely went the opposite direction this morning. Highly annoying.

OP for the day and just got home and I'm tired so no exercise for today.

Night! My concerts tomorrow, band barely made it through the two songs, haven't practiced with my 2nd graders or my recorders and the chorus rehearsal was cancelled because no one told me about a trip for all of the 4th and 5th graders. How do you not write that on the school calendar AND how is it that none of the pesky teachers TOLD ME!!! when I sent out the rehearsal schedule two weeks ago. I'm so done. Done, done, done!

Hoopty
05-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Off plan. Things happened and I'm in a serious situation right now. Will update as soon as I can!

SuperCecilia
05-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Hoopty - hang in there! I hope everything is okay. Hugs!

Kaitie - the school year is almost over!

GettinFit - congrats on getting back into the groove.

Bonnie - congrats on OP day.

June - way to go on your loss! Running shoes are a great reward.

OP so far today and even planned ahead by bringing egg salad and an apple with peanut butter to work so I had healthy, low-carb things to eat. To fail to plan is to plan to fail, so it's great when I can get my act together and plan ahead with bringing food to work.

I'm getting caught up here and trying to keep a positive attitude even though I am fighting a bit of a headache. Planning to go do a yoga class tonight which should be good both for my mood as well as for a workout.

I had a massage yesterday (wonderful!) and my massage therapist (who hadn't seen me in six weeks) said "you look like you've dropped some weight." Well, yes, thank you for noticing. :)

junebug37
05-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Hoopty- I hope you are ok!!!

I hope all the struggles everyone is having are getting easier!! Best wishes to all!!

I have been wonderfully OP all day and just had a new recipe from the MRC cookbook called Cabbage dinner! :broc: It made 2 portions so double score! Yum!

I GOT THE NEW JOB TODAY!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! So my last shift at the old place is tomorrow night and I start the new place on Monday!!! :) :) :)

I'm going to do español homework and relax with my family!! Have a great night/day tomorrow!!

:flow2:

BonnieL
05-29-2013, 08:55 PM
OP today!

Hoopty- hope you are ok!!!

Junebug - congrats on the new job!

GettinFit
05-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Good evening everyone,

Junebug - Congrats on the new job!!!

Hoopty - I hope everything is okay with you.

Kaitie - Don't let the get you down. Hang in there and it will go in the right direction.

Cecilia - I hope the headache went away and congrats on your compliments on your weight loss.

I hope everyone else has had a good day.

My day was good. I stayed OP and I did a Turbo Jam workout after work. I went to my WW meeting today and I lost 2 pounds for the week. I was pleased with the loss and now I have 3 more to go before I'm back to where I was. I so want to get to onederland,

Have a great evening ladies.

Hoopty
05-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Girls, you are awesome! :hug:

DH and I found out that the landlord is kicking us out on May 31st. Mind you - he doesn't know that we live here, we're not on the lease. We're living with DH's Dad so technically HE'S getting kicked out which doesn't change the fact that we have to leave as well.
We don't have any friends or family where we could stay and we certainly don't have enough money to rent out our own place. There are a few things I need to pay off here in the US so money is really, really tight. Our only option would be to go back to Germany. You can only imagine how stressful everything is on top of the fact that DH would rather stay here. It's horrible. I'm not hungry, I don't know how to feel, I wanna cry but I can't. I ate a lot of junk food. Yesterday for example I didn't eat anything until the evening when I had a whole pint of Häagen-Dasz ice cream and a Milky-Way bar. The day before I had a whole Entenmann's loaf cake plus ice cream plus chocolate. No exercise. I'm not thinking about the calories at the moment. My mind is RACING. I haven't slept at all. I've been trying to find the cheapest tickets online.

So then today the landlord came over again and left a letter. It was the official eviction notice and to our surprise we got an extra week to pack our stuff. We have to be outta here on June 7th by 8pm. It gives us extra time to figure things out and get things done.
Right now at this very moment, DH and his Dad are looking at an apartment right around the corner. I'm not too fond of the idea to move in there because again - money is tight and I have to pay this stupid thing off!
So, right now I don't know whether we're moving back to Germany in a week or whether we're staying at that apartment, it would be the last resort.

I'm glad to hear that all of you have been OP! :) I can't believe May is almost over already.

Big hugs! :hug:

Kaitie9399
05-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Grr. I am not a happy camper. Not at all.

1. I woke up and thought it was Saturday.
2. The bleepin' scale was up even higher than yesterday--wtheck! I was op yesterday and I completely resisted the urge for a dairy queen blizzard. wtheck.
3. The cafeteria lady can go and jump in a lake. She screams my name across the cafeteria, I ignore her. I'm not answering you when you scream my name. She was mad that some of my kids (seriously, 3 of them) were practicing their recorders. Really? I could see if they were misbehaving and making noise, but they were working--during lunch, their own time. They were so interested in improving themselves that they sat there and practiced--she got mad, yelled at them and then told the principal that the kids were making noise. Stupid bleep. You got a problem, you talk to the source. Freaking jerk.
4. Nothing else, just still mad and want to complain.

OP for the day but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. Did 2 hours of gardening and 35 minutes of wfp.

SuperCecilia
05-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I am down .6 lb, at 197.6 which is the first time I have seen scale movement in a week and hopefully means I am getting back into the rhythm of weight loss after my nine day trip. Not a big loss, but significant because it pushes me into the 20+ pounds gone camp. Still fighting this niggling headache (when I get migraines, they last for three days...but this one has not been as severe as some in the past and today is day three) so haven't been able to work out but eating has been OP.

Kaitie - I hear your frustrations. Try not to let the scale stuckness get to you...with all your exercise I bet you are changing your body composition and burning fat while building muscle, which the scale won't reflect. Hang in there! It's Friday! Way to go on resisting the DQ blizzard - I always get sugar-sick when I eat those, but that doesn't keep me from wanting one on occasion...

GettinFit - congrats on your 2 pound loss! Keep it up and you will be in onderland soon!

June - congrats on job! Yay!

Hoopty - wow! Take a deep breath. It sounds like you are under a lot of stress with this situation. I hope you are able to get some sleep and do some physical self care (take a bath, do some exercise you find relaxing or energizing, eat something nourishes you, whatever makes you feel good)...as rough as the situation is, it's only going to be harder to deal with if you're not taking care of yourself physically. It's so hard when there is so much in life that we can't control, and all we can do is the best we can with what we are able to control. I am sending positive vibes and prayers for you and DH that a way is made clear in terms of your living situation. Hugs!

junebug37
05-31-2013, 04:08 PM
OP today and have been so clumsy! I knocked over my salad and wasted it all in my lap! Oh well!

Lost 0.5 pounds since Monday!! So I am 1 pound away from my 30 pound goal!!!! Yay!! Crossing my fingers I lose it by Mondays weigh in!!!

I hope all of the troubles get easier for everyone! No time to reply individually! Have a great weekend!!

GettinFit
05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Hello ladies,

Hoopty - I'm so sorry to hear about your having to move. I'm glad you have another week to prepare. I can imagine how hard it is to control your eating at a time like this. I sure hope everything works out for you and your family.

Cecilia - Congrats on your loss. I'll be so glad when I see a 1 instead of a 2 on the scale. Keep up the good work.

Kaitie9399 - Just keep up the good work and the scale will go down. Hang in there.

I've had another good day. It sure feels good to be back to eating right. Since I've been in the new job, I've not been drinking nearly enough water and I do believe it is slowing down my weight loss. Next month I am going to work harder at downing my water.

I can't believe tomorrow is June already!!! Where did May go? I'll start the next thread tonight. This time I think I'll make it for more than 1 month at a time.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone ;)

Kaitie9399
05-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Hallelujah May is done.

Hoopty
06-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Hello girls,

Nothing new to report. We still don't know what's gonna happen yet but I hope we'll find out tomorrow. I told DH that we have to know by June 2nd because we'd have to book the flight!
I only had about 650 calories yesterday though it was all healthy food. Today I binged on Pop Tarts, I had the whole friggin box! However, I got some good cardio in and didn't really eat anything else so my total calories came out to ~1650.
These past 3 days, except for yesterday, I've eaten a lot of junk food. I felt SO full from the Pop Tarts today that I almost puked. However, I weighed myself after my workout at the gym and to my surprise I was only up to 142.2 lbs! I felt kinda relieved...

SuperCecilia - Thank you so much for your kind words, I really truly appreciate it! :hug: I am trying to get back on track, going to the gym today really helped me realize that I need to take care of myself physically. Congrats on the loss! (A loss is a loss to me, no matter if it's "only" 0.6 lbs!) You're moving more and more away from the 200 mark which is awesome! :)

junebug37 - Crossing my fingers with you! :) 30 lbs is an amazing achievement, keep up the good work!

GettinFit - Thank you so much! :hug: All I can do is try my hardest to figure this situation out. No matter what happens - I am very determined to make the best of it! Looking forward to the June-thread, will definitely join again.

Kaitie9399 - Agreed!

On to a healthy and successful June!

SuperCecilia
06-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Happy June, everyone! During the month of May I went from 203 to 197.6. A 5.4 pound loss. And two milestones of getting under 200 and the 20 pounds lost mark. It averages out to just over a pound a week, which is a very reasonable rate of loss that I am content with. I think I got spoiled in April when I lost almost 10 pounds in a month, but I know I can't expect that every month. I'm also pleased with my loss in inches, fitting into size 10 jeans, and managing to not go off the rails with a 9 day trip. I intend for the month of June to take me further down into the 190s. I am thrilled my headache is gone so I was able to go take a yoga class this morning that was pretty vigorous and sweaty. Today I've been cooking lots of healthy low-carb food for the upcoming week - black bean salad, lentil salad, mashed cauliflower, hummus. I love having a fridge stocked with healthy, low-carb grab and go food.

SuperCecilia
06-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Hoopty - I hope that your gym workout helped you to feel a little calmer and less overwhelmed. It's always good when we can put those endorphins to work for us when facing a tough situation!

June - sounds like you took the phrase "tossed salad" literally! (sorry, bad joke, I couldn't resist). Congrats on your loss! How exciting to be close to 30 pounds gone.

GettinFit - thanks for getting us started every month with the thread.

BonnieL
06-01-2013, 09:22 PM
in May had 20 fullt OP days and lost 5.8 pounds!

Kaitie9399
06-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

Well, we sent out close to 20 resumes last week and today we noticed a HUGE mistake on every single one of them. Bye bye 20 prospective jobs. I knew I shouldn't have just let him do it and trust that he'd do it right. I spent hours revamping his messed up resume. Seriously, what they heck is wrong that you wouldn't look over the resume and why didn't I check. Some of those prospective jobs were golden opportunities man---and they are gone. I feel like resending all of them with a note that says 'hey, we messed up the first one, here's a better one'. Dag.

OP for the day and did 120 minutes of wfp.

Frustrating. Frustrating.