Fitness Videos - May 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome to check-in

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 08:26 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

Diana3271
05-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: Les Mills Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

I hope the month has started off good for everyone!

teacher1
05-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Diana- thanks for getting us started

My brother is doing a little bit better. He might be home in a week or two depending on his progress. I had PT today. My hip is much better except right on the hip bone. After lots of poking, pushing, and pulling the PT said it might be my pelvic nerve. So I got a cortisone treatment which took 30 min which he called iontophoresis. I found this info on the internet explaining it-
“This treatment involves the use of an electrical field to deliver medication through the skin and into underlying tissues. The medication is charged so that it’s pushed into the skin by an active electrode, and its molecules are small enough that it “soaks” into the treatment area.”

So the next step is to repeat the treatment Friday morning. I sure hope it helps.

Today- cleaning house.. i had plans for an actual workout but I'm so sore after PT

TurboLaura
05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
WOW = MAY!!!

Thanks for getting us started, Diana!!
Teacher - thinking of you and your brother. I'm sure he's getting great treatment where he is and this will help stabilize him greatly.

Hi Diana!! - The 3 ladies at work range from me, who works out 6 days a week to an incredibly motivated friend who currently is 285 pounds, who had already lost 50 pounds! She modified TF amazingly on Monday and we're doing it again on Friday. She really loved it. For right now, we're going to stick with TF and throw in Turbo Jam Ab Jam, too. 2 other teachers will be joining us on Friday and I'm excited! We're going to meet up 1-2 times a week to jog/run over the summer, too!

Les Mills Combat Hiit Power tonight. YIKES my quads and shoulders will be sore!

TurboLaura
05-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey all!

Insanity Plyometric circuit tonight :) Hope that you're all well.

Diana3271
05-02-2013, 10:47 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves.

This one felt really good today. I gave it my all and had a lot of fun.

Teacher Wishing your brother the very best. How is your hip feeling since getting the treatment? I hope this will help resolve the issue.

Laura Have fun with the group Turbo Fire tomorrow! :carrot: Enjoy!

Waving Hi to all the check-in buddies! :wave: Check in when you get a chance!

teacher1
05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone-

Diana- the hip is about the same.. I went today for a treatment and I'm going back Monday. I'm really hoping this helps.

today- elip 30 min

Precious Little
05-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone!

Diana - I found my nausea cleared up pretty quick and haven't had any further issues since that HIIT 20 - I think doing the extra 5 mins is what set me off. I should be in better shape for the next long HIIT workout (which will be 25 in a couple of days or so) due to all this cardio I'm doing. It's amazing I already feel an improvement in my ability to handle the fire drills in the longer workouts.

Teacher - I hope you have some success with the new treatment. I know from having had some hip issues in the past that it's no fun at all.

Laura - great job on the workouts!! You are a machine!!

Check in - since my last post I've done:

HIIT 15 + Sculpt 30 - I felt this in my shoulder (getting tight) but managed ok - So much fun with the bands!

Fire 55 EZ - managed really well until the last 5 mins.. felt a bit of a struggle.

Core 20 + Stretch 40 - love this class. My abs got such an intense workout, and the stretch part really released most of the tightness I've been feeling over the last couple days.

Fire 45 + Stretch 10 - so far this is my fave long cardio workout because the moves are really fun 'cheerleader' type moves, and the music gets me pumped - I have to laugh when the chorus kicks in towards the end, "Boom!! I got your boyfriend, I got your man!" :dancer:

Diana3271
05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo:

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. Hang in there. Hopefully it will heal or the PT/Dr. will figure something out.

Precious Little I love the energy and music in the TF workouts. :carrot:

Waving Hi all around! I hope you have a great weekend!

Diana3271
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Check-In: LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Precious Little
05-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Just checking in to report that I gave myself an unscheduled TF rest day yesterday. Glutes & shoulders a little too sore, so I went for a leisurely 2km-ish walk outside instead because the weather was so pleasant (almost broke out into some interval runs but I restrained myself ... just!!).

TurboLaura
05-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Hey ladies!

Hope that you're having great weekends!!

Precious Little - Great job on the workouts!! I agree, Fire 45 is fabulous :)

Diana - Looks like you're really mixing up your workouts!

Teacher - I hope that the treatments help.

Friday - Fire 30 and Ab Ignitor. We had a group of 6 women after school and it was great! BTW - LOVING this Insanity, TF and Combat hybrid I put together. I really enjoy all three of these programs :) Quite sore, too! Saturday was a rest day and today Upper 20 and Core 20.

Take care!

teacher1
05-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Happy Sunday!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM

Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #12's

Precious Little Good job getting that walk in.

Laura It sounds like you are really mixing it up! Good job on the new rotation.

Teacher Keep up the great work. Will you sub much before the end of the year?

teacher1
05-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Diana- no, I'm done subbing with all this family stuff going on.

I had PT today and another treatment of cortisone. I don't think it's helping and now the PT thinks the pain could be from a weak transverse abdominis. So now we're working on this. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow since I'm now on month 5 of PT. Hopefully, he'll have a new plan.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
05-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey all!

TF Fire 30- with the group at school. We're now doing Mon, Wed and Fri together and I'm loving the support and accountability!

Teacher - good luck with the appointment - you've been through SO much PT!

Diana - hope that you're well :)

Diana3271
05-06-2013, 08:45 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF TLC (combined workouts premix) w/weighted gloves

Teacher Sending healing thoughts your way. I hope the Dr. or new treatment plan can shed some light on the problem. Good luck with the Dr. tomorrow.

Laura Are you exercising in a class with a TV/DVD combo?

teacher1
05-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Laura- I love working out with friends... so much fun!!!

I went to the doctor and he seemed as confused as the PT. So I got a deeper cortisone shot and I'm going to continue with PT. My brother was able to come home today. So we're hoping it all works out.

today- rest

Diana3271
05-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Results Fitness 10 Days to a Better Body w/5's and 12's

I think that sweet little Cindy Whitmarsh tried to kill me today. I wanted to do this one again to get a better feel of it. I think it's a step up from Project You. It's still basic moves so I like that. I think for the rest of the month I will add an extra Project You workout every other week. I definitely get a cardio effect from Project you. I penciled in the extra days on my calender (so I can easily erase it if I decide to :D ). I'm thinking I will do 10 days to a Better Body in June.

Teacher Sending healing thoughts your way. How painful are those shots? :( Wishing the best for your brother. :hug:

Waving Hi all around.

Diana3271
05-08-2013, 09:24 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

I hope everyone is doing well.

Precious Little
05-09-2013, 05:25 AM
Hi everyone! I hope everyone's week is turning out great.

It's been ages since I checked in, but I've still been working out and since then I've done:

TF Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
TF HIIT 25 + Stretch 10
(restday in btween)
and today I did TF HIIT 15 + Tone 30 Class

So hard to believe I'm nearly finished week 3 already - and I *think* I just noticed parts of me getting a little firmer (YAY!) but I won't know until measurement time!

Diana3271
05-09-2013, 05:02 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#12's and #1 hand weights

Precious Little Good job keeping up with your workouts. When do you take measurements? I hope you have gotten some great results.

teacher1
05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Diana- the shot was painful but mostly from the poking around to find the sorest spot to inject the shot at. Sounds fun that you've been switching up your programs.

Precious Little- way to go on the workouts!!!

Laura- when does school get out for summer? The kiddos around here get out May 22. My facebook is filled with teachers counting down :)

today- elip 30 min & walked the dogs 30 min

Diana3271
05-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Teacher ACK! I have heard of people getting various cortisone shots. Everyone has a different take on how painful they are. They all sound horrible to me. How do you feel today? Good job on the elliptical and walk.

TurboLaura
05-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Hey ladies! Under the weather here with a terrible cough and sinus pressure. Missed workouts this week and haven't been following my eating plan :(. Back on track now!

Teacher - school is out june 26!

Diana - the projector works really well...we have an enormous TF screen!

Take care all!

Diana3271
05-10-2013, 03:56 PM

Quick Post, I'll be back later tonight.

Check-In: LM Combat 45 from the Pump program w/weighted gloves

teacher1
05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- the hip is feeling better :) Thanks!!!

Laura- feel better... TF on a big screen sounds fun :)

today- walk with dogs

Diana3271
05-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

Does anyone have special Mother's Day plans?

We are going out Mother's Day like we would have if my Mom was still with us. It's the first year without her, so she will be on my mind and heart. DH wanted to go to a nice buffet. They always have good buffet's for holidays. I told him no that I wanted to go where I want to go. I told him that I am the "big mamma" now. We can go where he wants to go for Father's Day. I want to go to Red Lobster. I like their grilled salmon. I will order that and the steamed broccoli. After lunch I want to go to a fro-yo place. So my plan is that the fro-yo will take the place of dinner. All and all I should be within my calorie range, although I probably won't be able to figure out the fro-yo since I want the toppings, too.

Laura Feel better quickly! :hug:

Teacher Good news on your hip. I hope it continues to improve.

Waving Hi :wave: all around.

teacher1
05-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Happy Saturday!!!!

Diana- that sounds like a great plan!!! I know this will be hard without your mom. :hug:

I'm making dinner at my parents house tomorrow night for Mother's Day. I'm up 2 pounds with all this stress eating. Getting back on plan this week.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
05-11-2013, 09:49 PM

Check-In: LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Teacher You will get the stress eating under control. Hang in there. :hug: What are you cooking for your Mom?

I tweaked my plan a little for tomorrow. I decided not to eat my regular breakfast. I am going to eat some yogurt instead. This will save a few calories. Also, I normally have oil free/salt free popcorn on Sunday night while watching the Amazing Race. The Amazing Race is over, but tomorrow night is the Survivor finale. I won't have the popcorn since I will get enough carbs with the fro-yo. If I feel the need to eat something I will have more yogurt. All and all I should have a good amount of protein tomorrow, so hopefully the fro-yo won't have a huge impact on me. That's my plan, hopefully I can stick to it. ;)

Waving Hi all around. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Diana3271
05-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's. Mom's to fur babies included. I hope you have a wonderful day and get a chance to do something you enjoy.

teacher1
05-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Happy Mother's Day :)

Diana- enjoy your yummy treats!!! I made spinach/feta chicken casserole, green beans with mushrooms, and cheesy potato casserole.

today- walk

Diana3271
05-12-2013, 06:57 PM

I decided to take a rest day. I did well at lunch but over did the fro-yo. More like the toppings on the fro-yo. :rofl: Back on plan tomorrow.

Teacher Your meal sounds fab!

Waving Hi all around. Hope you had a great day.

Diana3271
05-13-2013, 04:01 PM

Check-In: Jessica Smith's Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness & Energy

I did both workouts, so this gave me 1 hour of cardio. I am going to try to do an hour of cardio a day to see what happens with my weight. While I was in weight loss mode I was working out an hour a day. My cardio workouts now are closer to 45 minutes. I don't know if it makes that much of a difference, but we'll see.

I hope everyone had a great start to the week.

TurboLaura
05-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey ladies!! :wave:

Checking in with you! Turns out I have bronchitis (waiting for the pneuomonia blood work :( and a sinus infection. MUCH better today and went to work but exhausted now and dizzy from the sinus issue. Haven't worked out in a week and MISS IT. Doctor said to wait until Wed. Couldn't even see mom yesterday....UGH.

Diana - It sounds like you had a special mother's day in honor of your mom. How lovely!

Teacher - Your meal sounds lovely!!

Precious Little - keep up the great work!

Take care ladies :) Need some help in the food dept. lately.....over eating and the wrong foods and it's starting to show. Must Stop :yikes:

Diana3271
05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Laura Sending healing thoughts your way. Feel better soon. :hug: It's especially difficult making good food choices when you are not feeling well. All you probably want is comfort foods. Hang in there.

teacher1
05-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Diana- good luck with your new cardio plan :)

Laura- feel better.... I feel your pain on the food front.... it's been a problem for me with stress eating lately

Today the landscapers came to start redoing the backyard. It should take about a week. The dogs won't be able to use the backyard for 2-3 weeks while the sod takes. It's a huge pain but hopefully this will solve our drainage problems.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
05-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Teacher I hope the landscaping helps with the drainage. Any type of home projects is a huge pain for us. DH doesn't do much with those types of projects and he doesn't trust people to do things right for us. Normally I get frustrated and call someone to do the job and just hope for the best. We needed a tree to be taken down about a month ago. I contacted the people, they came right over. I notified DH about all of this after they left that Friday. :D By Tuesday they had approval from the city and the permit. By 10 AM on Wednesday the tree was gone. :lol: Now I need to find someone to do our bathroom floor. DH has been trying to find someone to make those repairs for probably 7 years now, LOL.

teacher1
05-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Diana- I feel you're pain... home improvements are such a headache that we wait a long time too. We're hoping this helps but time will tell. Good luck on your bathroom fix....we had a traumatic bathroom tile fix because the guy was was trying to do a quick job.

Laura- are you feeling better? When does your school start back up? Around here school gets out end of May and starts again mid Aug.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
05-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Michael Olajide's Aerospace Savage workout w/weighted gloves and hand weights
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

Here is a link to the workout I did today. It's not a mainstream workout so you may not have ever heard of it before. http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/SAVAGE-SERENE-p/811.htm

I am thinking about getting this one, too: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/AEROJUMP-AERO-JUMP-MICHAEL-OLAJIDE-p/809.htm

Teacher Good job on the elliptical.

teacher1
05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Diana- those workouts look great. You must have an enormous video collection!!!

It's one week until my Disney World vacation :)

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
05-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Hey ladies!

You're all so kind, thank you for the warm get well wishes and motivating comments about food. :D You guys are the best!!
Hiit 30 at schookl today - my first workout since last Monday, due to being sick. Killer workout that I did at about 80% feel pretty good but coughing a lot since!

Teacher - how's the backyard?? Drainage issues can be challenging. WAAHOO for a Disney vacation! I'm so happy for you :) Your family has a time share, right?

Diana - I'll check out those workouts later on - I'm streaming a Tony Horton workout in the background, here! :) Hope that you're well!

Diana3271
05-15-2013, 09:05 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
TF Hiit 15

Teacher I have an embarrassing number of workouts. :lol: But the fact that I keep doing TF is a testament as to how much I enjoy it. Yay for the Disney vacation. I have never gone to Disney, but I hope to one day. Do you plan on going to all of the parks? Epcot, Seaworld (I'm not even sure what's there) :lol: I will find out one day though. :D

ETA: I am thinking about making these my next purchases. Do you think there is counseling for this type of problem? :rofl:
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fit-total-body-kickbox-6377
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/michelles-peak-10-cardio-interval-burn-remix-6368
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/mindys-intensity-overload-no-equipment-required-6374

Laura I'm doing well. I'm glad you are feeling better. Which Tony Horton workout?

Diana3271
05-16-2013, 03:34 PM

Check-In:
LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves (actual cardio time is 45 minutes)
Mindy Mylrea's Cardio Jump from All Out Cardio w/#1 hand weights (13 Minutes)

I hope you had a great day! The weekend is almost here! :carrot:

teacher1
05-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Laura- yep, we have time share and go about every 2 years or so. feel better :)

Diana- You should go!!! There are 4 Disney Parks- Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios and we go to Universal Studios on 1 day. There is a Sea World there but we're not going. We went to Sea World last summer in California. It was fun but my sadly I couldn't fit on the new roller coaster there. I couldn't even bring myself to write it on here last trip. I'm afraid I might run into the same problem on the Harry Potter ride at Universal which is new and I've never gone on it. We'll see what happens. I have to own my choices. I'm not going to let it ruin my trip. I have no problems fitting on anything at Disney. It was the rough combination of my big gut and big chest. Yikes!

today- rest... I was attempting to tan a little before my trip and now ended up with a sunburn :( so sad!

Diana3271
05-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Teacher I would want to go to Epcot, Sea World, and Animal Kingdom. I never watched many cartoons, etc as a kid, so I probably would not be familiar with the other parks and the characters. I'm sorry about the problems with the ride. Please don't let it stand in your way. Enjoy yourself. Life is too short. Please enjoy each and every moment, the best you can. Have you ever had one of those spray on tans? Maybe that's an option. I am very fair complected so I don't even try to tan. I don't do any other tanning either, LOL. I am just super pasty white lady! :rofl:

Diana3271
05-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge w/weighted gloves

I will check back later tonight when we get home. We are trying to get closed up for the day.

teacher1
05-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Diana- i've never sprayed tanned but used to do a lot of fake baking at the tanning salon. Feeling much better today :)

today- elip 30 min

Precious Little
05-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I dropped off the radar for a little while, things have been crazy hectic with me lately but the good news is I have managed to stay on track with TF workouts.

I'm now in week 4 and yesterday did HIIT 20 + Sculpt 30. The time went by so fast, the 30 min sculpt workout felt like only 10 min and I was a little sad when it was over... I wanted to do more! :eek:
Don't you just love how your abs feel the day after an intense core workout?

HIITs are getting easier for me (that is to say, I don't feel like, "I"m dyiiiiiing") and I'm starting to see more ab definition.. yays!!

Diana: Measurements will be taken at the end of this week 4... I"m a little nervous but excited to find out where I"m at.

I checked out the collagevideos of the workout vids you mentioned. They all look like fun, but I have to say Mindy's Intensity Overload looks like an awesome killer workout ... for some reason I'm reminded of Shaun T's Insanity(?) probably because to me the moves look WAY hard!! If you decide to get them let us know how you go :)

Laura: I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell, wishing you a speedy recovery. I know it's really challenging trying to build back up to 100%.

Teacher: I am really happy to hear you're going to Disneyworld. I've never been myself but always wanted to. You must be so excited! I hope you have a lovely time and do tell us all about it when you get back.

fitmama84
05-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Checking in...day 2 of Jillian michaels 30 day shred!

Diana3271
05-18-2013, 10:11 PM

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

When I first started mall walking I asked another walker how long the mall walk was. They told me 1 mile. I was never sure although I always thought of it as a mile and posted it accordingly. Of course you can find out just about anything by googling it. At the top of this page http://www.ropersaintfrancis.com/Categories/Departments_and_Services/Services/Senior%20Services/Advantage/Documents/mallwalkersbro5.09.pdf it says "Walking the full perimeter of the mall equals 1 mile."

Teacher Keep up the great work. How are things going with the landscaping?

Precious Little Good job keeping up with the workouts. Mindy is tough! Insanity is tough, too. I still can't believe I got through that program while dealing with the shingles at the same time. I think I was partially "insane" at the same time. :lol:

fitmama84 Good job on the 30 DS!

Laura How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better.

teacher1
05-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Diana- the landscaping is almost done... then we'll have to wait for it to rain to make sure it works. fingers crossed :)

fitmama & precious little- great workouts :)

Laura- hi :)

workout- moving my brother back to my parent's house... hip is a little sore now.

Diana3271
05-19-2013, 09:16 PM

Check-In:
The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/#5's
The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster w/#5's

Teacher Is rain predicted in your area? Hopefully you will get rain and won't have to water. I hope everything works out with new lawn and it fixes the drainage problem.

teacher1
05-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Diana- we had some rain and the drainage needs a litte tweaking... the big news was the tornadoes that caused my sister's high school graduation to be rescheduled today. What a mess!!!

I had PT today and they did a traction treatment to help with pulling my lower back and hoping that might help with my hip pain. If it feels better later today then I'll go back for another treatment tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!

today- nothing

Diana3271
05-20-2013, 03:47 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Teacher I've got my fingers crossed that the traction helps you. I heard about the tornadoes. What does your sister have planned now that she has graduated from HS?

TurboLaura
05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey ladies!!!!

Hope that you;re all well and I'm catching up on the posts. Feeling SO much better, finally. Fire 45 EZ and Core 20 tonight. Happy to be back on track working out. Still having a hard time with food. I did SO well for over a year....what's happening? My size 6 pants are all too tight now. Majorly on track now but feeling really low. Any advice or words of wisdom, ladies?

Welcome fitmama!!

Teacher - have a fab vacation :) Enjoy every minute of it! Please don't even be embarrassed to post stuff to us, we've all been there in one way or another.

Diana - Hope that you're well. Have you ever wavered in your long term weight loss maintenance? Any advice?

Precious Little - YAY on the workouts and the abs! AWESOME!

teacher1
05-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- she's going to college at MU for nursing in the Fall

Laura- glad you're feeling better.

I went back to PT today for another traction session. I'll see how the hip handles the big trip with lots of sitting and then lots of walking. I leave tomorrow morning and get back the following Wed. You all have a great week!!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
05-21-2013, 08:31 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (both workouts premix) w/weighted gloves
500 Jump Ropes

Laura I am so glad you are back and feeling better. About the eating, do you feel that it's from stress? I know you were very worried about your Mom. How are you doing with that now? The main suggestion would be to get as much protein and non-starchy vegetables as you can get. Try to stay away from heavier carbs because they will keep that craving cycle going. Take it one meal at a time. Also plan, plan, plan. Don't be in a situation where you don't know what you are going to eat for that meal. That leaves the door open to make bad decisions. When you finish eating dinner brush your teeth and use a strong mouthwash. I hope one of the suggestions can help. Come here and talk it out. We are here for you.

Teacher Congrats to your sister! I hope she does well. I hope you have a good trip and your hip doesn't cause problems for you. I also hope you have a wonderful time there. Enjoy! I can't wait to hear all about it. I will have to live vicariously though you, until I get a chance to go.

Waving Hi all around.

Diana3271
05-22-2013, 04:49 PM

Check-In:
Kickboxing from Cathe's 4 Day Split w/weighted gloves
Sidekick City from Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing
Roundhouse Power from Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing

TurboLaura
05-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Thank you, Diana. I know what I have to do and I just have to do it. For the rest of my life I will have to be vigilant with everything I eat. I equate myself to an alcoholic - of course they can't have just 1 drink...I'm not normal with food and I have to accept it and live with it. I know it sounds weird, but I've been feeling driven to eat - like I used to and I hate it. No more and I'm back on track.

Diana3271
05-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Laura I can totally relate to the comparison to an alcoholic. I have the same relationship with food. I also have to stay vigilant with how I eat. It is so difficult. Every day is a new challenge. Today it can be stress, tomorrow it's the candy in the check out line, the next day it's the cookies at Starbucks, etc. Every day is a new and different challenge, although the issue or problem is the same. I can relate and understand. :( Hang in there. :hug:

Diana3271
05-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm back from my Endo appointment. I went there, totally prepared with my workout info, calories, etc. I got on the scale. The nurse says "oh, you have lost a couple of pounds". So it appears, according to their records, I have lost a couple of pounds. Based on my daily weigh ins, I am maintaining. Of course I go up and down within a 5 pound range or so. The Dr. commented about my "weight loss" but is not happy where my thyroid numbers are. They have improved a little, but they are not where she wants them to be. I will continue to take 224 mcg five days a week and 250 mcg two days a week. I talked with her about my stress levels, my calories, and my workouts. She said that the internal stress that I have been feeling could cause my weight loss to stall and make it harder to lose weight. She wants me to continue to workout but she wants me to add in . . . . . .
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

a yoga class!

yes, folks she thinks I need a yoga class. She thinks I need to channel my stress energy with a yoga class. I told her "I don't do yoga. I do kickboxing." She said "You need to chill and destress." The banter between us was quite amusing. She agreed that I was doing all the right things and that the extra Synthroid and yoga should help me.

Diana3271
05-23-2013, 10:03 PM

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

Diana3271
05-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF!

Check-In: Sharon Twombly's Zero To Sixty Low Impact with Weights w/#3's & #5's

TurboLaura
05-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Hey ladies!

Diana, thanks for your kind and understanding words. I guess I just have to accept that that's who I am and work with it! I love this quote from Allie in TF ( the modifier)...."being thin and healthy through diet and exercise is tough. Being overweight is tough. Take your pick!". Very true.

Yoga, huh???!!! My husband swears by it! Maybe start with a short one to try it?

Fire 45 EZ and core 20.

Diana3271
05-25-2013, 07:57 PM

Check-In: Stress Relief Yoga with John Vitarelli

I was hoping to get a nice walk in but I ran out of time. At least I got the :yoga: in, right? :lol:

Laura Yep, yoga. It ain't no Turbo Fire, I tell you! :rofl: I hope you have a great weekend.

Diana3271
05-26-2013, 08:05 PM

Check-In: 4 Mile outdoor walk. I was sweating my butt off! Had sweat in my eyes! It was an ugly sight! :lol:

Diana3271
05-27-2013, 10:09 PM

I took a rest day and enjoyed the day off with my DH.

Diana3271
05-28-2013, 05:21 PM

Check-In:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #12's
YoAero-Serene

I was looking through the DVD's I have at work at it seems I have some that are considered yoga. I previewed a few of them. Let me just tell you, this yoga stuff is really confusing. I previewed the Recovery Yoga workout from 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme. It moved very quickly and is what I would call active. It didn't seem very relaxing to me. She mentioned yoga poses that I have heard of before and even went into planks. I moved on to the LM Pump workout called Flow. Again it seemed very active and not relaxing. I remember my Aerobox-Savage workout having another workout on the disk. I put that one in the player. It is called YoAero-Serene. Michael Olajide does the voice over for this workout. The person doing the workout is Leila Fazel. Michael uses a few yoga terms but not many. I think the Yo in YoAero is suppose to reference yoga, although I didn't see or hear that mentioned. This workout is very good full body stretch. I would not consider it yoga, although it was relaxing. I probably have a preconceived notion about what I think yoga is, although I'm thinking yoga actually covers more than what I was originally thinking. The music on this DVD is an Indian style instrumental. The workout I did Saturday seemed more like what I would consider to be yoga, even thought there were a few similar moves to today's workout. Also, I would consider the yoga workout from Saturday to be more relaxing.

Diana3271
05-29-2013, 04:33 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

I love TF and wish they would come out with more workouts. I don't think they ever will, though.

TurboLaura
05-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey all!!!!!

Diana, I agree completely. We need more Turbo FIRE! How are you enjoying the yoga?!

Fire 30 today for me. Feeling happy to have day 1 of totally back on track :)

teacher1
05-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi ladies!!!!

I’m back from my Disney World vacation. It was so much fun and I’m so tired!!! So much eating but also so much walking. My feet were killing me the last 2 days. My hip did good the first five days but then got pretty sore. I fit on all the rides at Disney World with no problems. We went to Universal Studios on Monday and I needed the bigger outside seat on Harry Potter but didn’t need any special seats on the other rides. I had saw on the internet people saying the Universal workers pull bigger people out of line and make them use the test seats. This was not the case for me at all. I tried the seat and got a yellow light so I asked the worker what to do and they said just sit on the outside seat on the ride. It wasn’t a big deal so that made me feel much better. Back to 212…. Yikes!!! Back on track!

Diana- I totally understand how you feel about yoga. I would much rather do the elip, TF, or spin. We’re in the same boat since the PT total me to add in light yoga and pilates.

Today- rest… letting my blisters heal for a day or two

TurboLaura
05-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey Diana and Teacher :)

Welcome home, teacher! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your vacation and that it was also stress free with fitting on rides. Was it a large number of family members that went with you?

Diana - Hope that you're well!

I'm tracking all of my foods daily through My fitness pal, which is awesome. Day 2 of being on track and I feel so much better.
Combat 30 and TF Upper 20.

Diana3271
05-30-2013, 10:24 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (Premix: both workouts)

Teacher I'm glad you had a great vacation!

Laura good job getting back on track!

teacher1
05-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Laura- We had six people go- my parents, 2 brothers, 1 sister, and myself. My husband couldn't get away from work :(

I had PT today and they did traction therapy again and I have to go back again Mon & Wed. If this doesn't help, then I might have to get an MRI on my back.

today- still resting

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF!

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #10's

Earlier this week I used 12's instead of the #10's. I think I am wanting to do this workout 3x per week. I think I can do that with the 10's and not have dread. I really like this Project You workout. It really works the whole body and gives a good cardio workout, too. I wish there were more workouts available like this one.

Teacher It's a shame your DH couldn't get away. How is the new landscaping/lawn? I am hoping the very best for you with your hip. :hug:

Diana3271
05-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Getting us started for June:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/282701-june-2013-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-check-i.html