40-Somethings - 40-Somethings It's National Splurge Day Challenge, oh Yeah!

Sum38
04-29-2013, 05:02 PM
According to Holiday Insights;

June 18th is National Splurge Day!

National Splurge Day is a day to treat yourself excessively, to anything you want. And, to excess if you desire. Isn't that a great thing? Maybe, you're on a diet, and that special dessert is too many calories. Maybe, you want to buy a steak, and the budget is a little tight. Toss out the reservations, and go for it today.

Celebrate this day to the fullest degree. Treat yourself to whatever you want and to excess . For, this is a day to splurge. Do so without worry or concern...until tomorrow.

So ladies let's stay OP until June 18th.

What's your plan & What's your splurge?

Sum38
04-29-2013, 05:10 PM
My Plan;

Walk minimum 4 x per week.
Weigh lifting machines 3 x week.
Follow IE, and only eat when hungry.
Weight goal; drop 6.6 pounds.

My splurge
Eyelash extensions :queen:

Jennifer1966
04-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Yay! I'm really looking forward to this challenge. Thanks for starting it, Sum!

My goals:
1. Lose 10 pounds
2. Exercise at least 4X a week.

My splurge:
Hmmm, still thinking. I'll add it when I do my initial weight on May 1. There are too many ideas going through my head :)

Sum38
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the great idea for the thread! Everyone should celebrate this holiday!!

We are going to be babelicious by the end of this challenge (well even more babelicious than we are now):D

guacamole
04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
This would be great if hadn't already been splurging all month! :dizzy:

Seriously, I will take part in this challenge, as I think the May Day challenge is beyond my reach at this point!

I would like to be at 152lbs and exercising at least 3 times per week.

Sum38
04-29-2013, 06:54 PM
That's the beauty of this...forget the past, stay OP and then SPLURGE for a day, Guacamole :)

Yet again, we have the same goal!! We are sooo going to rock that goal!

newleaf123
04-29-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm in with the following goals:

1. Weight lifting 2x per week.
2. Cardio 4x per week.
3. Yoga 1x per week.
4. Weight below 155.

junem
04-29-2013, 08:11 PM
My goal is the same. I want to see the 140's !!! If I just make it to 149, I will be ecstatic. I gained a bunch of weight in 1997 with graduate school stress, and I have never gone back down to my set point of the mid 1990's. If I could approach my 50's near the weight I was in my early 30's, that would so rock!

And I would truly deserve a splurge. I am thinking Spa Day.

Plainsgirl
04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm in! My first goal is to do much better than the last one...lol. We shall see with the mornings weigh in but I MIGHT make it even...:o :?:

Goals for this challenge:

1) Cardio 4x's a week
2) weights/body resistance 2-3x's a week
3)keep momentum on my eating. I strive for 80/20 (80% perfectly on plan/20% "treats")
4)under 140!!! I WILL get this as long as I keep on keepin on...

I have no idea what my splurge will be...have to think on that....

newleaf123
04-29-2013, 09:56 PM
PlainsGirl - you and me both, with 15 pounds to lose... I ditto your #4; I WILL get this as long as I keep on keeping on...

Sum38
04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
:yay: Nice to see everyone here!!

LuvCats
04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Huh I have never heard of this "holiday." Sounds like something created by Hallmark, lol.

My goals are the same as usual.... keep exercising (minimum 5x per week) and stay OP as much as possible. I would also love to add just a little bit of working with weights and doing ab work, so by the end of the challenge I would love to be able to say I'm doing that a few times a week.

No clue on what my splurge might be at this point.

LindaWW
04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
I am in! This will be the first time I've joined in a challenge. My goals will be the same as they always are, but this time I'm putting it in writing!

1 hour walk or 1 hour on the treadmill daily
strength training 3 days a week
keep calories under 1300 daily
lose half a pound a week, for a loss of 3 pounds during the challenge.

I don't know about a splurge - I think seeing a number on the scale I haven't seen for over 10 years would be reward enough for me!

Zumbachica
04-30-2013, 02:34 PM
I never heard of this holiday, not sure if I like it since Americans splurging is what has gotten us in national debt and obesity..LOL..but i"ll play along. I would LOVE to be 135 lbs by June 18.....also would like to firm up the junk which right now is a bit more important to me than what is on the scale.

The way I intend to get to this goal..continue Isa gen ix for a while.....two shakes a day, two snacks and a healthy meal......more water....and exercise has been a challenge lately. I think I'm going to do the Brazilian butt Lift DVD program, but really be consistent with it this !

That along with zumba of course!!

Jennifer1966
04-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Zumba: I hear what you are saying about American spending out of control being a huge issue, but I do not think that is a splurge. To me, a splurge is something you do very occasionally for a special reason. What we have done as a society is constant spending beyond our means--not a splurge at all! I figure if I reach this goal, I have earned a little splurge for me :) (Plus, I am very good at living within my means 99% of the time, so I can fit occasional splurges in my budget)

Solace
04-30-2013, 03:30 PM
I love this idea. Isn't it amazing how when you don't indulge in everything you like, all the time, you appreciate it sooo much more as a 'treat'. I hope to be down to 65 kilos within 6 weeks and am working very hard towards this goal. June 18th gives me a goal marker to do that. I'm going to go out for a 'whatever I want' dinner (duck is my fave) and a bottle of wine with the boyfriend!!

Zumbachica
04-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Duck? Now you're talking my language honey..I love duck!! thats a great splurge, low in carbs too!

kelijpa
04-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Hello all!
I'm in, totally missed the MayDay challenge.

My goals are to get in 4 miles a day every day I can
Eat more veggies and get in my water every day
I'm shooting for 155 as my weight goal...yeeps!

This will be a challenge for sure, memorial day weekend I'm going on a trip with my mom to see my aunt in St. Louis, so it'll be a road trip with all kinds of opportunities for slips, my two work trips went pretty well so I know what I can do...

best to all :sunny:

Plainsgirl
05-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Starting this challenge at

4 oz more than the last one

My fingers are like sausages....that's all the excuse I got this morning.

Sigh.... I. WILL. NOT. GIVE. UP.

Onward....

Jennifer1966
05-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Here we go!! I am excited for this challenge. Hopefully I can lose 10 pounds and have fun surfing the net and choosing my splurge!

SW: 173.4
CW: 173.4
GW: 163.4

Sum38
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
SW 156.6
CW 156.6
GW 150

I got giddy writing 150 down...that is almost in 140's :eek:

Jennifer1966
05-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Sum: That's exactly how I felt writing 163--almost to the 150s!! We can definitely do this!!

natamars
05-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Good morning, everyone! My goals for this challenge:

1) Weigh in every day. I've learned that avoiding the scale is giving me an excuse to be off plan until closer to my Friday weigh-ins..terrible pattern!
2) Get down to 130 lbs..stretch again, but I know I'm retaining now
3) Strength training 3x/week
4) Cardio 5x/week(min 30 minutes)..I am leaving this vague because I don't want to start thinking if it's not running it doesn't count. Yesterday I took a brisk 45 minute walk in a hilly area..nothing wrong w/ that!
5) Get a new notebook and track all food, even if it's off plan
6) Cut WAY down on sugar. I'm not going to eliminate it completely, but trying to keep it to one small treat/day(preferably dark chocolate) and no more sugar in tea..also less processed food, which almost always contains it.

Have to get back to work..will check out everyone's goals later!

Zumbachica
05-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Nat: I hear you on weighing in every day. As soon as i stop doing that the lbs creep up on me. I know they say not to weigh every day but I have to for my own success.....

Zumbachica
05-01-2013, 09:36 AM
1. Continue Is a genix
2. My four Zumba classes a week
3. BBL program and be CONSISTENT with it!!
4. Bike riding around my property when possible.
5. More water every day

I want to lose ten lbs by the end of this challenge..I know this is a big number but I know it is possible if I just do what i'm supposed to do!!!

mboo
05-01-2013, 02:42 PM
My Goals ForThis Challenge Are

Exercise 5-6 DaysA Week
Lift Weights 2-3 Days A Week
AndLose 9 Pounds OrMore
Cw 196.8
S 196.8
Gw 187.8

Jennifer1966
05-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I bought 3 dresses on Loft.com this morning because they were an extra 60% off. Great deal, but they were all final sale. Crossing my fingers that not only do I like them but that they fit! I got 2 size 12s and a large, so we'll see. If they are too snug, I'll just have extra motivation to keep losing! I really need some clothes that fit, but I hate to spend much because I have so much more to lose, so I am resorting to crazy, blind purchases like today's! Is anyone else in this same boat? The good news is I took the day off today and started to clean out my closet, which is one of my summer goals. I donated a construction-size garbage bags of clothes that either don't fit or are No longer my taste. I don't look like a hoarder until you open my closets ;)

guacamole
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Stayed within calories yesterday. So far, I'm on plan today. Biked for 4 miles this morning. I've been doing laundry and housework otherwise.

So far, so good.

Good luck today, everyone!

Sum38
05-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I am wearing a pair of capri sweatpants that were super tight on me a month ago...and now they fit :dance:

I volunteered all day and because of month end, it was a super busy day. -- Since I follow IF and my main meal is usually around 2/3 pm, I did not bother packing anything to take with me... of course it is/was a hungry day :D I was ready to eat my own arm. -- I truly enjoyed my salad with grilled shrimp when I arrived home :drool:

I am taking a day off from exercise today. I walked 7 days straight and my arms feel like jello from yesterday's training session. My body is telling me to rest.

I think I will sit on our deck for awhile and look at all the ducks and the swan at the lake and enjoy this 85 degree weather.

Sending :dust: to all!

2FatCats
05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I am in again - I met my maintenance goals wt/bf% in the last challenge so for this one - GULP - I will maintain my weight/bf%. That's always been the biggest struggle for me.

1. Maintain bf @ or below 21%
2. Strength training 3x week
3. Dog walks (3+ mile route) daily if not raining
4. Continue to eat on plan
5. Begin restoration of enclosed side porch: Complete scraping/prepwork and begin painting. We had the house painted and I restored the front porch last Summer -102 spindles plus posts and panels:eek:). Only 80 or so on the side porch.....Everything comes off the porch, gets stripped of 125 years of white paint, then gets sanded, primed and painted and put back into place. It may take me all summer. Again. That's why I have to make it a goal. Otherwise the pieces will sit in my basement ANOTHER 9 months. *sigh*

Jennifer1966
05-01-2013, 05:37 PM
2FatCats: Your restoration is beautiful! Definitely worth all the work you put into it. You should be so proud!

natamars
05-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Challenge Day 1: 1145 calories, 35 min stairclimbing. Sugar: 1 tsp in plain yogurt, 2 small pieces dark chocolate for dessert

Very proud of myself - just got back from a PTA meeting(after going straight from work to a baseball game to the meeting, left the house at 6 this morning)and resisted cake and cookies.

2fc, your house is freaking gorgeous. My DH would drool if he saw it.

yay, sum! on all counts.

great start, guac, let's both keep it going!

jen, enjoy your new dresses! I just bought some too - I love dresses in the spring and summer, so easy!

mboo, great goals!

zumba, you and me, kid - we can do this!!!

Sum38
05-02-2013, 07:28 AM
So my first day and I blew it ...lol I told you it was a hungry day :D I ate carbs, and scale dutifully rewarded me with a 1.2 pound gain. I am learning so much about my body and how it reacts to certain foods etc.

So it is a clean eating day for me; I had my fun yesterday.

I will have a physically demanding day today; walk 5 miles, gym for weight lifting, clean my house, spread the mulch... so I should burn off those carbs in no time.

SW 156.6
CW 157.8
GW 150

Plainsgirl
05-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Challenge day 1) got in a 7 mile bike/trail run...wasn't pretty by all means! lol Head winds on the way there and my legs felt like lead weights during my run but I kept on keepin on...I didn't eat totally on plan but that is because I "failed to plan"....The scale was kind to me this morning however with a 1 lb loss...

SW 147
CW 146
GW 139.9

2fc-that house is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautifully done!

Sum-you'll get that stupid lb off before you know it. Your plan today sounds like a winner....a 5 mile walk will work those excess carbs out for sure! Im probably going to have to do the dreadmill today....it was low 80's yesterday but rain is on its way again for the next 5 days...sigh...and last year we were in a drought?!? :dizzy:

Jenn....I absolutely love dresses In warm weather!!! In fact I got 3-4 of them a few years ago as my "reward" for hitting goal. I of course can't wear any of them without being uncomfortable and tugging at the material (15-18 extra lbs will do that....). I am absolutely positive that if they don't fit right the day they arrive they will in no time! You are on a roll lady!!! :carrot:

newleaf-hope you are feeling better and I would take that big woosh you had any way I could get it!! lol Sometimes it just takes a little bit of a push to help us get to where we are going....you've got this!!

sorry can't do any more personals...have to go get ds out of bed and hurry to get ready for work...busy,busy day....

Lets get it girls!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Sum38
05-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Jennifer I LOVE dresses! I actually wore on last night with a big prim hat and sexy sunglasses and I felt like million bucks! -- You are a tad bit taller than I am, but from prior weigh history; I started fitting in to the 12's around 168 pounds...so you really don't have to worry about the fit, you will be there within a few weeks. ( I get out of the 12's at 156-158 pounds ;) -- Something to shoot for :hug:)

Plainsgirl ^^^ I was typing my post as you were posting! :D We are all flirty girls in our summer dresses :) -- I like it because it really flatters woman's body and hides a lot of imperfections... I can actually give the illusion of a hour glass shape with dresses :eek: It always hides my ugly middle. Nice job on your run, even if it was a bit struggle!!

Nat Awesome day!! :woohoo: -- I as well HAVE to check on my weight (twice per day; morning/night), if I stop stepping on that scale, it usually means I am gaining and I don't want to face the truth. I keep track on my daily weight on a phone app, and I have forced myself to record those ugly highs as well...keeps me accountable

2FatCats Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

guacamole One day at a time, one meal at a time! Congrats on staying OP!!

mboo Your plan sounds very solid!

Zumba I know you can do it!! We will keep you accountable! -- I lost 9 pounds during the last challenge, and I was amazed...shh..secretly I am hoping to lose another 9 this time around. :sssh:

Heidi I hope you are not sore afterwards! Nice job on the weight :D

Did I miss anyone?? I can only see this far on my computer. If I missed you :wave:

Have a fab and fit day anyone. :grouphug:

Jennifer1966
05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Another beautiful day in Ohio and I am stuck in a windowless classroom! It's hard to complain though because I have 13 weeks off at the end of this month!! Yay for summer!

Sum: I bet you looked great in your dress! I am hoping 12s fit soon--I am not even going to think about 10s yet! Too exciting to contemplate! Nine pounds is amazing! You can do it again! (and then you'll need 8s:) )

Nat: You are doing so well on your goals! Dresses seem to be our "it" clothes this summer! Now I just need new sandals!

Plainsgirl: Yay for your great bike.run! I really need to amp up my exercise! I bet you'll be rocking all of your summer dresses very soon!

Sorry personals are so short, but I have to get back to work! I'll try to sneak back on later ;)

guacamole
05-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Hello, all. I am suffering from a horrible migraine, I think spurred on by TOM. I am bloated and pretty miserable. I took my migraine meds last night, but ran out, and need to pick up the new prescription. So, I'm running on Advil, which doesn't help much.

On the bright side - I lost 2 lbs this week! I'm at 157 as of this morning. I have no idea how that happened, other than my biking, I'm not doing anything differently - plus this isn't the time of month I usually lose. I'll take it!

I want a chocolate chip cookie so badly right now! Sum - this is all your fault! Must I really wait for June? :)

Sum38
05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Yes Guacamole, if chocolate chip cookie is your splurge, then yep, gotta wait; I am watching ya :club: -- Sorry about your migraine; I used to get those, a lot, but somehow after pregnancies they disappeared and I have only had maybe 3 of them. :dunno: I hope you get your meds and feel better soon!

Jennifer Beautiful here in MI as well. :sunny: -- maybe you could take your classroom out for a lesson :) Just think of summer! Break will be here soon. -- This is prolly the hardest time of the year for teachers; kids have summer on their mind. Thank you for what you do! I heart teachers :) (You should read up how teachers are treated in Finland; they are crème de la crème...my mom was one)

I am like on speed today. Got my walk in, 1/2 house is clean, surfed the web some and it is only 11 am....now off to the other half of the house (man/boy cave...ugh) and then to the gym.

Zumbachica
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
GUAC: sorry about your migraine..i get them also, although not as often as I used to. Only prescription strength meds work for and chillaxing in a dark room......feel better soon and congrats on saying goodbye to those two lbs....

JENNIFER: teachers work hard and so deserve that summer off!! I am so a hoarder also...a horrible hoarder. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff. My mother was the same way. I really could become one of those people on that show Hoarders because of all the clothes and shoes I own. I have to say I have a beautiful wardrobe though and always get compliments on how well I dress...I should have been a stylist for someone famous. The down side to that is having too many clothes, and now too many clothes that dont' fit...but I'm taking care of that.

PLAINSGIRL: i give runners such credit.....keep on keepin on

NAT: Yeah those PTA meetings with cookies are a killer....I went to an event last night and started eating cake but didn't finish it....sugar doesn't do it for me like it used to, probably part of the Isagen ix program...who knows...

2FATCATS: beautiful beautiful restoration on your home! Houses like that are so in demand around here.....so much character.

Zumbachica
05-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Well I am weighing in the same even though I ate well at a PTA fundraiser last night. I also got a p;iece of cake that I didn't finish..that is so unlike me. Maybe I am becoming turned off by sugar, one could only hope. I also passed on the beautiful rolls that were out, how I'd love to have those with butter!! Today I did a zumba class and then came home and did 15 push ups and 25 squats.......I wish I could do a DVD but theres no time. Going to the shrink and then getting a deep conditioner and blow out..going to see handsome diversion guy tonight.....I need to be around someone normal and grounded because I feel like I am always around drama.....

Had my shake, having a bar for lunch, a hard boiled egg for snack and then dinner with handsome guy......I really want to see 143 by the end of the weekend......

newleaf123
05-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Posting from my ipad so just a quick update. All is well here. Procedure was easy. It's not something to look forward to, but simple enough and not something to dread either. Now I've got to get DH to schedule his.

Back to eating right and exercising today. Gorgeous here in Pittsburgh too. Planted 8 morning glory seeds around a leggy clematis just now. Hope it makes for a pretty display this summer. Flowers are my thing; I love this time of year; full of possibility.

Jennifer1966
05-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Good evening!

Heidi: Glad your procedure was a breeze! Good luck with DH (if he's like mine, I'd have to beg and cajole!)

Zumba: Not finishing a piece of cake is huge! I'm impressed. I'm jealous of your closet and I haven't even seen it! I love clothes.

Sum: Way to be a cleaning, exercise machine today! I just love this weather and it gives me energy.

Guacamole: I hope your migraine is better. They are horrid!

DH and I walked our 3.5 miles and I'm trying to clean and get laundry done before I relax a little tonight. I ate ok today till I got into the box of pretzel thins! Dang those are good! Hopefully I walked them off and I won't have a big sodium/carb bloat tomorrow!

Sum38
05-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Zumba You are my soul sister...we STILL could become stylists for the rich and famous... :) -- If I know nothing else in this world; I know how to dress. And you should see my soon to be ex how he looks... 6'2"; fit and trim...look like a male model; I dress him sooo well (no wonder I am losing him :()

On a positive note, I spread all the mulch and even bought 2 hanging baskets;yep overly zealous of me, but I will take them in if Mr Frost makes his appearance.

newleaf123
05-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Sum38 Thanks for starting us off!! So... how long do eyelash extensions last? Are they permanent? I know nothing about them. Fill me in! Awesome news about the capris!! That's such a great feeling! Good job listening to your body and cooling it. Your deck sounds lovely, with a view of a lake and swan! I tried to imagine it as I sat on my deck yesterday, with a view of resplendent green grass with a forest behind. No swans, but we often see deer (not a good thing!). No, I'm not sore from the procedure; the cleanse is definitely the worst part.

Jennifer Have you come up with your splurge yet? I haven't really thought about one. Best of luck on your 10 pounds; I know you can do it!! You'll have to let us know how the Loft dresses are. I saw the emails on the 60% off sale; yet another store where you'd have to be foolish to pay the price on the tag... Re: getting rid of clothes, I'm constantly getting rid of stuff; my latest purge was anything that said XL or 14. I can't wait to purge anything that says 12, but that's a ways away.

Guac Good to see you posting. Your dedication, your stick-to-it-iveness is inspiring. I was glad to read you had a good day, a couple days back. Sorry to hear that migraines have set in :( Great news that you had some downward scale movement!

June Approaching your 50s at your 30s weight would be awesome!! Come to think of it, I was at my most fit and thin ever at ages 31 - 34. It would be great to return to that form! I have no idea what I weighed though.

PlainsGirl I didn't have any scale movement in the last challenge either. On to the next one; we can do this! I hate when I have sausage fingers -- ick! A sign you're not drinking enough water... Sounds like you had quite the run, with headwinds! When I was in Patagonia, we hiked through headwinds that were so strong, you almost couldn't move forward against them. Our cheeks were flapping like dogs jowls hanging out a speeding car's window! Fun memories...

LuvCats Great goals; I look forward to hearing that you've started the weight and ab work...

LindaWW So glad you have joined in!! Great goals!

Zumba I love how you are so open to trying new and varied things each month! Me, I'm always same ol' same ol' Bike riding around your property -- do you own a lot of land? I'm jealous.

Solace I'm looking forward to hearing about your duck dinner! I haven't had duck since I was a kid... so a long time ago!!

Kelijpa Nice to see you! Sounds like you have some nice trips ahead.

Natamars I agree re: the ill effects of avoiding the scale. I really need to see that number every day to hold me accountable. Good idea to cut down on sugar and processed food; that stuff's no good for you. Awesome that you resisted the cakes and cookies!

Mboo Great goals!

2fatCats Great goals! Glad you're sticking around with us... Your home looks lovely; I love the colors that you have chosen! What a difference, having that trellis-work painted dark rather than light. Looks great!

Sum38
05-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Heidi I think the extensions stay on for months, until they grown out. But they need to get serviced each month...we shall see how I will like them and the hassle.

Woke up super bloated this am. I think my water intake has been poor and I am retaining it. Need to remedy that ASAP. So I switched from coffee to white tea (decaf) that I can start my day off hydrating myself.

Scale is still up a bit -- I can not input my negative gain to my ticker -- 157.4. I am not complaining though :D It is down over 2 lbs for the week!

I added more machines to my routine at the gym. CORE! Yikes! If I loathe weight lifting I really loathe core training...and I am doing it!! Surprising I am not sore this am, DOMS must come later.

Busy day for me today; Finnish Center until 2 pm, walking 5 mi, cleaning the basement...and that will bring me to dinner time :) -- Feels good to stay busy.

newleaf123
05-03-2013, 08:39 AM
sum finally had to look up DOMS. Now I understand. I find that I am unexpectedly not sore when I think I should be. Either we adapt faster than we think or we need to push the boundaries a little harder. I just moved up to doing chin ups with an 80lb offset, and would think I'd be sore as heck. But I'm not. Maybe I'm ready for 70lb offset?? My goal is to get to 0 offset by the time I'm 49.

Beautiful day today. Yoga is on tap at noon. Lots of running around before and after. Chicken on the grill and salad for dinner tonight.

newleaf123
05-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Oh and sum, eyelash servicing?? Sounds like a commitment! But I bet you will look great!

Zumbachica
05-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Stuck to my program yesterday, lost over a lb..so it does work....just have to do it......had a talk with guy I'm dating last night...he isn't ready for monogamy and I'm not his girl...I felt like saying okay well you'll feel sorry when I'm skinny.....your loss...lol....atleast he's honest.....maybe it's for the best...I have to focus on me!
Pool class today..having a girly lunch with friend..just salad (I can't eat meat today)....shake for dinner.....

New leaf you asked about property....two acres which a lot for the Gold Coast...land is so expensive here....my friends out west laugh at me when I talk about my big 2 acres.....

natamars
05-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Challenge Day 2: unsure of calories(dinner out), 2.5 mi very brisk walk through midtown

I was at 1070 calories before dinner, because I'm used to eating most of my calories during the day and I was hungry. I ate a very healthy dinner..edamame as an appetizer and grilled mahi mahi and vegetables and salad. I only drank seltzer. I did, however, share two desserts with my friend..chcolate mousse, gelato, and sorbet. But it was a small portion and we didn't finish it. Amazingly, the scale was down this morning, so I'm down 1.6 so far for the challenge.

Personals later..TGIF all!

Plainsgirl
05-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Happy Friday!! The weather outside is yucky again but I have the day off and lots to do....things I have put off till....I have a weekday off...lol

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Stayed OP with my eating and was very mindful of my water intake....I'm pretty sure you are point on about that HEIDI.... I can ALWAYS tell when I don't get my usual amount.

I woke up with a .2lb gain but I'm not really upset about that. I did my Jillian Michaels dvd (6wk/6 pack abs)and I could do way more than I was able to do even 2 weeks ago and I haven't been doing it very regular. Imagine what I can do if (no...WHEN!!) I get in 2-3 days a week. Hmmm...lol

I would LOVE to get eyelash extensions SUM!! I have very small eyes and very thin/sparse eyelashes. I almost never go out without my "eyes on"...in fact, if I'm running late or just don't feel like putting it all on people think there is something "wrong" lol. If you don't mind...about how much would doing that cost? Im sure it varies by region....

ZUMBA....I haven't always been a runner lol. I was much better at it 2 years ago and that is what I am working towards now. I feel like wonder women when I'm done. Congrats on passing on those lovely rolls with butter (mmmm...)and stopping with the cake. Don't know if I could do that! How did things go with Mr. Diversion?? :D

Sorry to everyone else...have to stop personals and take ds to school...I'll catch up more later... Oh...and HEIDI....thanks for the dinner idea. I have a gas grill right outside my back door and really need to put it to use more...

Zumbachica
05-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Eyelashes cost a fortune here......I would love to have them done but can't justify....in the meantime thank goodness for Chanel mascara,,,

Sum38
05-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Zumba and PlainsgirlI think they are around $200 plus monthly maint. over here.

2FatCats
05-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I had to look up eyelash extensions - never heard of them! Some of them look amazing - the uber-long colored ones are a bit out of control for me, though!
I am the 3rd girl in the family - the other two always complain that our mom was 'practicing' on them in the hair and eyes department and got it right with me. :shrug: My lashes without mascara are so long that they kept getting caught in the eye dr vision goggle thingy yesterday - it was like a little eyelash guillotine! And they touch sunglasses and glasses. :( very irritating.
I suppose the grass always looks greener on the other side, right?

I totally forgot to commit to a 'splurge'. Hmmm. Gonna mull that over a bit.

Hope everyone keeps motivated and OP!

Jennifer1966
05-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Sum: They are half that here at our one salon/spa! One of the few advantages of living in a small, Midwestern Ohio town!

Sum38
05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Zumba Sorry about the guy, but at least he was honest about it! :hug:

natamars
05-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Challenge Day 3: ~1400 calories(my notebook is in the car and I'm too lazy to get it), 30 min stairclimbing

Going on a paleontology field trip with my family tomorrow. Will pack a healthy sandwich and some snacks..there should be a good deal of activity involved as well!

I too need to think of a splurge. I'm thinking of something spa related..facial/massage perhaps...

plainsgirl, you're doing great on all fronts!

zumba, better you found out now than later..you deserve the best! 2 acres is huge out here..I'm on 1/3 and to my friends in Nassau County that's a lot.

newleaf, what a healthy-sounding day.

sum, fantastic job and awesome on the core training..I have to get back into that...

Jennifer, hope the pretzels didn't bloat you!

Jennifer1966
05-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Natamars: The paleontology field trio sounds interesting! You'll have to tell us about it! Great job on calories and exercise. I'm kicking around spa thing too for my splurge.

Zumba: it is obviously his loss! I hear you on the Chanel mascara--I'm partial to Lancôme. I'll skimp on some makeup, but not mascara!

Sum: Core training is exactly what my apple shape needs, but ugh, I totally agree with you on its nastiness! Good job on doing it.

Plainsgirl: great job on the J. Michaels workout. You'll be flying through it with ease in no time.

Busy, busy weekend here. Last night has a scholarship banquet for DD where I ate poorly but not very much (did have 2 gigantic glasses of wine). I bought a new dress and shoes for it though, and I think I looked pretty good compared to a few months ago. Today I have tons of cleaning, planting, etc, and it's DD's senior prom. Not to get all sentimental and weepy, but it's crazy how fast she's grown! I can't even think about her leaving for school in just a few months! On a happier note, I was at 172.2 this morning, so my weight is going in the right direction! I can't wait to see 16_._!

Sum38
05-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I am up two pounds, ugh! Darn pickles!!! I have been eating them for 2 days and I am hanging onto water. But as long as I don't hit 160, I won't freak out :D So another day with loads of water! -- What is going in isn't coming out, once again. Well the whooses feel so good when they happen and they always happen when things are leaving my body :dizzy:

Day2 of coffee free. DH made a pot and it smells sooo good. I am fully expecting to get a headache later on today.

Plan for today
Walk 5 miles
Weight Lifting 50-60 minutes

SW 156.6
CW 158.6
GW 150

newleaf123
05-04-2013, 10:10 AM
CW 157.7
GW <155.0

I feel like I'm in maintenance of my 50 lb loss, with any future loss being gravy. But then I see myself in the mirror at yoga, and want my pear to lessen. Aaarggh!

ETA I'm going to a bridal shower today and haven't seen the mother of the bride in 22 years. I'm so glad I look like I look now, and not at my high weight!

:broc:

Sum38
05-04-2013, 01:09 PM
That is exciting Heidi!! One of these years I will go home (Finland) and be thin and surprise all my friends and relatives!

Enjoy yourself today!!

Jennifer1966
05-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Heidi: I love your new profile pic! You look wonderful!

Sum: Finland sounds amazing. I'm sure when you are able to go, everyone will be blown away by your babelicious self!

I'm planning for a crazy busy Sunday. Loads of lawn and house work plus grocery shopping and laundry. It's funny how I now kinda look at these things through the lens of calories burned! I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Sum38
05-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Jennifer I was just there in January/February. My mom turned 80. I went with my DD. -- I am hoping to go back soon with my whole family. This summer it won't happen :( All those college costs are scaring us...
Since we are renters now, we have very little to do...my landlord is landscaping and painting the shed today :D Feels strange not to work on my yard; I wish I could plant all my flower pots already.

Weight is stubbornly staying up (2 pounds). I think I indulge more on the weekends; little bite here, little bite there. I should start really counting all those bites :( At this rate, I won't meet my monthly weightloss goal; I set to shed 4.4 pounds and now I am at 6.4 pounds and little over 3 weeks left; boohoo :( Need another wonderful whoosh!

I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend!

Jennifer1966
05-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Sum: I know all about the fear of college costs! Thank goodness for scholarships! We are still in process of deciding where to vacation this summer. We may drive somewhere because of impending college in the fall. Has anyone been to Montreal?

newleaf123
05-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks Jennifer. I was all dressed up for the bridal shower yesterday...

Sum How nice to not have yard work! At least, that's how I look at it. We have so much landscaping that we pay a company to do all the hard stuff, leaving me to just focus on flowers, my passion.

Zumba Sorry about how things worked out with your guy... :hug: 2 acres in your neck of the woods *is* a lot! We have only 1 acre; I wish we had more. I like privacy...

Natamars I hope you had a great field trip! Sounds like you are having a nice Spring...

PlainsGirl I hope you made a nice dinner! I still haven't done that chicken on the grill. Hopefully tonight.

2fatCats & mboo hi!

Here, nothing much going on. I planted some flower seeds in the AM yesterday, and then the bridal shower in the afternoon, then into the night with dinner out with my MIL, SIL, and her 2 girls. Today, beautiful weather. No big plans, though. Sundays tend to be lazy days...

Sum38
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Heidi Your profile picture is gorgeous!

newleaf123
05-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks Sum!

guacamole
05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Great new pic, Heidi! Looking fit and fierce!

Sum - Ummm...I splurged this weekend. I really splurged. Gulp.

I need to kick it in gear this week. Why do I always lose it on the weekends?

Plainsgirl
05-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Good morning ladies. I haven't had time to read much this weekend...I will report and then try to get some personals in. Work at 6am today. ugh lol

SW 5/1 147.0
CW 5/61 146.4 (-.6)
GW 6/18 139._._

7.1 to go...sigh...at least its not UP right?!? lol

Did my 7 mile bike/trail run Friday after work and was planning on just coming home but was invited for drinks with fellow co-workers. Lets just say I shouldn't have...lol. It was raining on Saturday after work so I did 4 miles on the dreadmill at the y. It was rough but I did it. Another 7 mile bike/run yesterday afternoon and not much else. Went up .2 pounds 3 days in a row and went down .4 today. Crazy as it sounds I feel like I am already starting to feel a tightness in my lower half. My capris felt much looser on me last night than the previous week...hmmm.... Eyes OFF the scale....:dizzy:

Plainsgirl
05-06-2013, 06:54 AM
NEWLEAF- Beautiful pic! You look so refreshed and ready to take on the world!! GO YOU!!

Sum-Arrrgg those darn pickles!! I have a feeling you are just holding on to some major water weight...drink up missy!! Water that is...hehehehe.

Zuma-so sorry to hear about mr diversion..he didn't deserve you anyway!! Hope your weekend went well.

Jenn-Hope you got all that you planned to get accomplished yesterday. Great job staying on plan!!! You are in such a great place girl. You will see 16_ before you know it!!

Guac-Weekends are AWEFUL for me!! But as long as I get some kind of exercise in I seem to rein it a little bit more...I become more mindful of what I am putting in my mouth...

Nat-how was the trip with the family?? I have always wanted to do that! It sounds so cool!! Details please ! :D

Sorry to anyone else I missed...really need to get off here and get myself ready for work...*crossing fingers for a slow day in the er*

Lets do this ladies!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Jennifer1966
05-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Guacamole: Weekends are so hard--I do poorly when I have no set schedule. As a teacher, I can't wait for summer, as a person losing weight, not so much! You'll kick it this week and do awesome!

Plainsgirl: Fantastic job on all the exercise! I'm sure your legs are thinner with all that biking and running!

I took my last personal day today, and I am working way harder than I would be at school! I've already planted flowers and I'm in the middle of mowing our yard. DH is off too, and he's started replacing windows. We are going to go out for lunch though, and hopefully relax a little this afternoon. I was at same weight this morning (172). I'm getting anxious to see 169._ on the scale!

Sum38
05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I am still at 158.6, I was there a week ago, and then I had a few lighter days but I have been back at it for 3 past days...ugh...I am working out a lot, and my muscles have been tired/sore. It would be nice to see a little downward movement, though.

I took my 5 mile walk this am, and it was a glorious morning. I am grateful for the days off between gym days (today is a day off...lol). My legs are looking quite shapely and strong. I can wear shorts and mini skirts and look quite decent, the rest of the body needs a ton more progress.

Sending good vibes to everyone, enjoy this beautiful day :sunny:

newleaf123
05-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Quick update since I'm on my phone. I do feel like I've been in maintenance for the last couple months, and maintenance is hard! My original goal was 158. And honestly I'm pretty happy here.

BUT I do want to lose more. So I was thinking today: 155 by end of school year. Then 10 pounds over summer (145). Then goal by end of calendar year (142). It sounds doable and I feel better having a bit of a roadmap. So, we shall see. It's not like I don't know how to lose a few pounds...

newleaf123
05-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Thank you, plainsGirl and Guac!

Zumbachica
05-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Hi all..I tried writing before but the post wouldn't save, strangest thing and kind of annoying since it was a LONG post...grrrrr....

Basically I said that this was a holiday weekend for me, so I ate stuff that I haven't had in a long time, like cake. HOly cow, I felt so sick last night! My body is so not used to sugar. I gained a ton of weight but I know it is mostly bloat.

So here I am back on the wagon. So sad that one weekend of decadence can erase a month's worth of work!!

Have to throw out the leftover cake. Back on my program today with my shakes and one meal. Hard boiled egg for dinner.

guacamole
05-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Today was not my day. I was all set to start up after a bad weekend, drove out to my favorite bike trail, got my bike out and set up the kickstand, and it snapped. the bike clattered to the concrete. Not the first time my kickstand has broken on this bike. Well, no biggie, I propped the bike back up, locked up the car, hopped on the bike, and....the chain came off when the bike fell. I tried like the dickens to get the chain back on (not the first time this has happened either, and I managed to fix it), but to no avail. With my hands full of bike grease, I admitted defeat and hauled the bike back to the car. Drove all the way out to the bike shop to get it fixed, and, they are closed on Mondays!

I spent the day indoors doing laundry and making dinner. No exercise, and lots of carbs. I am just so pissed to have made the effort, only to be thwarted. Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

natamars
05-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Paleontology trip was so much fun. We had a picture-perfect day - temp about 70 and the brightest blue sky you could imagine. We found a few good fossils(it's a Cretaceous site so a lot of extinct shark teeth and possibly some fish vertebrae) and a lot of what are probably just rocks. We got involved because our 10yo is a budding paleo, but it is so cool to see people of all ages in the brook panning for fossils...it is a passion for them.

Did OK food-wise over the w/e. Haven't gotten in much exercise the last few due to schedules, but there is more I could be doing that I'm not. Today was a little worse due to work stress, but I settled down as the day went on. Made it through DS's baseball game w/ just a bottle of water.

guac, you poor thing, what an awful day! Good for you for coming here to post. Tomorrow will be much better.

zumba, glad you're back on the wagon. You didn't erase a month of work, the gain is temporary, but I know what you mean...

newleaf, sounds like a plan. Nice and slow..those last few are killer.

sum, way to show off those legs you worked so hard for! Rock on.

jen, always a good feeling to move into the next decade..you'll be there in no time.

plainsgirl, take the .6..they add up.

Zumbachica
05-06-2013, 10:20 PM
So sad about my lack of progress...I wore shorts today and the cellulite as taken over.my whole legs...it's sad....

Sum38
05-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Nothing much to report, except scale was a bit kinder to me this am, 158 (-0.6).

I am looking forward to my new fitbit arriving in the mail this week. The one they sent me to replace one that I broke, was not keeping charge, so they are sending me a new one. I can't wait to start tracking my steps and calories again. -- Our new house has loads of stairs to go up and down all day long, I want to see how many flights of stairs I actually do...ya, I am a geek :D

We are having absolutely gorgeous weather up here in Michigan; I am enjoying my daily walks. -- Today a friend is joining me. She is a good listener and always has some great advise, AND she keeps up with my fast pace.

Hey Zumba, my legs, and even my butt are starting to look quite nice because of weight lifting, my cellulite is disappearing fast ...have you thought about lifting? -- Same thing is happening with my arms...yup I have a waddle (yuck) but it feels like it is getting smaller the more I lift.

Nat Your paleontology trip sounded like a loads of fun! Glad you enjoyed it!

guacamole You poor thing!! I would had been in tears!

Heidi Your plan sounds very healthy way of shedding those pounds.

Jenn I hope you are not too sore from all that gardening today!

Plainsgirl :woohoo: on your capris fitting looser!! That is such an awesome feeling!

:grouphug: to all!

Sum38
05-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I just had a piffany... I was reading a fitness blog...I think I have build a pound of muscle during the last 5 weeks of weight lifting :eek: So my 158 is really 157 :lol3:

guacamole
05-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Hello, all. Went for breakfast with hubby and ate with moderation. Went for a 2 mile bike ride on my daughter's bike. Hubby is bringing mine into the shop today. Man, her bike is awful! Way too small, and the tires need inflating. I could barely peddle the thing. I think we need to get her a new one, provided she will ride it often enough.

Feeling fat and bloated....not good.

Back to doing laundry.....have a good day, everyone!

Zumbachica
05-07-2013, 02:55 PM
GUAC: I was just thinking about my bike yesterday....there is no air in the tires and I don't know how to use the compressor...I guess I need to use a bike pump, the old fashioned kind to put air in and to start riding around our property, Im too afraid to take the bike out into the street..LOL...

SUM: So tell me, what exactly do you do when lifting? free weights or machines? Do you do squats and lunges also? My problem is not wanting to work out in the gyms that I teach at, and I won't splurge on a membership so I want to try and do this at home. I'm sure any type of resistance training may help the cellulite....this is the first year it is on the front of my legs as well as the back....wow, this aging thing is really for the birds!

NAT: isn't it a glorious day here? I"m inside , just finished mopping but I hope to get outside a bit today......the sun is doing a lot to lift my mood....and it makes me want to exercise!!!!

NEWLEAF: yes maintenance IS hard....but remember to be thrilled that you got to that point..I can't wait to get to a point of maintaining...

JENNIFER: i hear you about summer....I love it but at the same time dread it because it means the kids will be home and i'll be taking them out to eat more often and not packing them healthy lunches for school. I have to be mindful of that...Also I tend to go out more often in the summe rand i need to keep away from fruity drinks...last summer I drank too many blackberry mojitos!!!

PLAINSGIRL..7 miles on a bike could have killed me...LOL...way to go.....

Zumbachica
05-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone...

Well another day that I do not want to be on the scale so i didn't weigh this morning. I'm back on my shakes and have to say that i'm really not that hungry now. Had a hard boiled egg and a spoon ful of peanut butter as my post workout snack. I feel full. I love peanut butter......

Taking the kids to their first therapy session tonight...not thrilled about that but it has to be done. They have been exposed to too much stuff that isn't good for them, and I want them to be okay when the divorce finally happens. This stress is making me want to eat but I won't. I threw out the leftover cake from Sunday. That was hard to do..it was an expensive cake and was so good.....but keeping it around another day meant me taking a forkful here and there..not cool.

Not sure when I will be cleansing this week. I plan on going out Friday night with friends and Sunday is mothers day. I'd love to get two solid days of cleansing in. It will have to wait.

I bought a really hip outfit for this summer but in order to wear it I really need to get my legs in shape....so that is my motivation. Lets see if it works.

Diversion guy and I are still speaking so maybe it isn't "over". He's so handsome and nice, just doesn't want to be hog tied and bound. Still, I think I'll keep him around for now. He's sweet and handsome...and wants to do fun things with me like ballroom lessons and running at night.....He has a nice physique but is also trying to lose weight and get buff so it is something fun that we can do together.......

Well......I guess I should do some squats and push ups and then hit the shower....when kids get home my second shift starts!!

Jennifer1966
05-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Hi all! I was up a pound to173 this morning, but I ate poorly yesterday. I am doing the 30 day squat, crunch, and plank challenge (pure insanity) and walking, so hoping it goes back down quickly. I got my new dresses in the mail and they are all probably 10 pounds from looking good, so I'm super motivated to wear them by mid to late summer!!

Natamars: Paleontology trip sounds great! I'd like to do that.

Sum: great job on both nicer scale number and muscle building! You wil look fab this summer!

Guacamole: it's so hard to ride a too small bike. Way to go on two miles!

Heidi: good job on maintenance! I hope I'll be in your shoes next summer!

Zumba: I'd keep diversion guy around too--that's his whole purpose. Just have fun! We will both have to be careful this summer. There's just something about no work, warm weather, and my patio that leads to early afternoon cocktails!!

If I missed anyone, have a great evening!

Sum38
05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
If anyone is looking to get a calorie/step tracker, please get the fitbit. Their customer service rocks!

I put mine thru washer/dryer and they send me a new one. I talked to them yesterday and I have a brand new, upgraded fitbit today. Wow!

Plainsgirl
05-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Good evening everyone! I had a very early morning again this morning so I didn't betime to write anything...got a call at 12:30am that the 6am er girl was calling off and since I was the next person in at 7 I had to go in at 6. It then took me forever to fall back asleep. I hate that!! lol I did get a very nice reward for getting my rump off the couch 35 min before The Voice started. I let Jillian kick my butt again. Its getting a "tad" bit easier but I still ended the session sweating and out of breath. ?? 145.2 on the scale!! :carrot: :carrot: A 1.2 pound WHOOSH!! This is the lowest I have been since before Christmas so I am very, very happy.

Plainsgirl
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
UUURRGGG! I was so not ready to hit send lol. Sometimes this laptop drives me CRAZY!! :dizzy:

Zumba-i WISH I could bike a straight 7 miles lol. My route is broken up like this: 2 1/2 miles to the state park, 2 miles around the inside trail, and 2 1/2 miles back home. It is a very hard route I will not lie though. But breaking it up like that makes the ride home a bit "easier"....no matter how slow, or fast, I go I have to keep going to get home lol. You are an amazing women lady...you are going thru so much and no matter what you are not giving up. On anything. I am sure you have your quiet hard times but dang you inspire me. Always plugging along...

Sum- Whooo Hoooo!!! Congrats on the lower scale # AND building muscle!!! :carrot: :carrot::carrot: That is sooooo very important for women of our age....You are going to hit all of your goals in no time!!

Jenn-It stinks when we see the scale go up but its a great feeling to be so in control of our plan that we really understand why it happens and know that it is just a blip. I sooo can not wait to see the pics you are going to post when you rock those summer dresses later this summer!! :D

Guac_ :hug: :hug: You (literally)got right back on that bike and did something today! Be proud of yourself lady!! Its all about baby steps leading up to those big goals we have set for ourselves....keep on steppin....:hug:

Natamars- that family field trip sounds so very cool! And what a cool field for your son to be interested in! I can't help but this of Ross from Friends when I hear about that field...lol.

Newleaf- Maintenance is a beautiful thing! It is your reward for making a plan and DOING IT. And your plan for the summer sounds perfect and totally doable....

ok...I have to get off here. Its taken me 30 minutes to write this....The Voice is taking all of my attention lol

Have a great evening ladies! Lets do this!!! :carrot::D:carrot:

edit: I bike 2 1/2 miles, run 2 mile trail, then 2 1/2 miles back...

natamars
05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Tuesday: 1705 calories, 3 miles on teh treadmill, 2 mi jogging 11-12 min mile plus warm-up and cooldown

Have definitely been eating too many calories..had not tracked carefully for a few days and when I thought I was doing well yesterday they still added up to too many. Scale is inching down..if I could keep calories in range consistently it would go faster. Also have to do some cooking..have been lazy and easy choices equal too many calories.

plainsgirl, congrats on the whoosh! woot!!

jen, you will be rocking those dresses in no time with that regimen..you are inspiring me...

zumba, you have so much going on..hope the therapy session went well. All 3 of mine(2 skids plus my DS) have gone at some point or another, so if you ever want to talk...

guac, hope things got better as your day went on..hate that bloated feeling, just know that it's not real fat.

sum, glad the fitbit people treated you well!

mboo
05-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Sw196.8
Cw 194
Down 2.8

Zumbachica
05-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Weighed in..not so bad....145.6.....135 seems so far away.....but I'm determined. I got Yankee tix for next week and I want to wear my tight Yankees shirt and represent properly! I also may see diversion guy Memorial Day weekend if we are still together....not sure what our status is right now....

I'm running out to traders joe so I could stock up on some healthy stuff and figure out what I'm making kids for dinner tonight....

Still not in my pants....I'm starting to panic with the warmer weather approaching!! No capris fit yesterday!!

Zumbachica
05-08-2013, 11:32 AM
And lets not talk about shorts y'all!

Sum38
05-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Zumba My shorts fit from last summer but are tighter than I like :( I just changed into my WHBM shorts and a top...and I think I need to rechange, because I feel like a sausage :mad:

I had a short day at the Finnish center, but I expect to have pretty long days for the next 3 weeks when I am left alone at the office. -- I do memberships and sent out 150 notifications; I know I will have my hands full for the next 3 weeks :D

I had a pig out night last night, ugh! I was kinda sad and ate and ate more. I hope I won't fall back into my old habits and be an emotional eater. Funny though, I think I have lost a little weight because my scale only jumped 0.6 pounds, back to 158.6, so if I stay OP today I may see a little drop on tomorrow's weigh in; so far so good.

I am contemplating about taking a day off from walking, not sure though... My dog wants a day off...lol She is like...but mom, I am tired and sore; leave me alone and goes back to sleep. -- She DOES get 5 mile hilly walk with 20 minute swimming session each day and she is nearing 9 years of age :eek: Lucky dog!

Sending :dust: to all!

Zumbachica
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Sum I look like a sausage in all my clothes! It's a horrible feeling.....:(

I really wonder why some people like us snap and binge and others don't..I mean we all have problems, right?......I wish it made sense....then I could stop it.....

I tidied up my closet and found two pairs of size four jeans from WHBM FROM LAST SUMMER..FAT CHANCE THAT THEYWILL EVER FIT....how depressing....

guacamole
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Hmmmm...I'm shaped more like a bratwurst! I have some serious back rolls going on. My clothing is much tighter than last summer. Ugh!

I rode 4 miles today. I feel so out of shape compared to last summer. So far, I am within my calorie range.

natamars
05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Ugh, talk about back fat!! I had to buy a white dress shirt tonight for a work event and caught sight of my rear view in the dressing room. Yikes! I was feeling OK and looking OK in my clothes from all angles, but with the bra cutting into my back fat - gross!

About 1540 calories today. 35 minutes on the stairs. Was going to go to the gym but decided to do some work around the house instead..it's a disaster.

Sum38
05-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Nat and Guacamole We are so honest here :D I love it!!

Zumbachica
05-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I have a top I bought from Bloomies and will never wear...bc it is so sheer in the back...major back fat! Bleh...I never had that before,.

Doing squat challenge....did 50 yesterday.....doing 55 right now while watching the rangers...guess I should do some push ups also....

Jennifer1966
05-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Zumba: I'm doing squat, crunch, and plank challenge. I'm on day 4 and I posed on chicks up for a challenge, but got no takers. It burns the thighs, but so far I'm surviving!

Guac: back fat is no fun! I hate mine! We will rid ourselves of it by the end of summer!

Sum: Sorry to hear you had a difficult evening. You are doing so well. It sounds like you're going to be very busy the next few days!

We were thinking of driving to Montreal for vacation in July, but I happened across some cheap flights to Boston, so I bought them tonight. I'm sure we'll have a good time, but I really want to look decent in my summer clothes by the time we leave (July 10). Hopefully it will motivate me more!

newleaf123
05-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi, everyone. All is well here. I've found my groove again, where I care more about losing the pear than I do about nibbling on an extra handful of nuts a couple times a day. Finally the scale is down to a new low, granted -- it is 0.1 pounds lower than my last low, but I'm taking it! I got below 160 back in February; I so need to get below 155 -- hopefully tomorrow!

I'm wishing you guys peace with your bodies... many of you are feeling so down about them with summer coming :hug:

Zumbachica
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Morning everybody..getting ready to have my shake and get to Zumba...then I'm meeting friends for lunch, I already told them that i want to go to the diner so that I can order greek salad....or applebees so I can hae some kind of salad.....that means healthy snacks and a shake the rest of the day. This program is a big pain in the rump.

Jennifer, I am doing squat challenge, last night I also did some crunches and push ups.....scaled push ups .....I have flab on my arms which I hate and can see when I'm teaching class so I figure the push ups will help with that....I haven't done any planks in a long time so I figure I'll add that. years ago when I taught jazzercise I was the plank queen, I wonder if I can even do one now..LOL.....

I had better hustle, as usual i"m behind schedule because of the puter. ON a happier note I have three bags of stuff for the salvation army today. It feels good to purge. It was also very emotional for me to go through clothes yesterday knowin that they are beautiful but don't fit. I really want to try and get into them again......SOON.

My soup last night was delicious, it also helped me gain a pound...geez, I feel like I'm on the road to nowhere.......

Sum38
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Somehow I am gaining, and it does not make any sense :( I was 159.2 this am. I did have a pig out day two days ago, I have not drank enough water and I am about to ovulate...so I am hoping that those 3 things are contributing to my water weight. I don't feel heavier, as a matter of fact I feel more toned and trim :dunno: So today I am trying to remedy my drinking. I made 64 oz container of (decaf) green tea and I hope to drain that one today, iced. And I will be very careful what I'll eat, no sodium and NO CHIPS! I will try to stick to veggies and lean protein today. And what comes to ovulation, well there is not that much I can do about that, I guess pray for menopause :D

I started my day off with a 5 mile brisk walk, Fitbit already recorded 10000 steps and it is 9;30 am :woohoo: Today is a house cleaning day, so I will be burning more calories and more steps doing that as well, plus it is a gym day. -- I am so darn active tat is why I am sad that my scale is not co-operating. Maybe I will get a whoosh soon?

Heidi I am so happy for you!! That is just an awesome feeling. I hope it will be 154.x tomorrow.

Zumba Have a nice lunch! -- I have avoided eating out during the past 6 weeks, kinda miss it. Dieting really is hard on one's social life.

Jennifer Boston sounds like a fantastic vacation spot. My FIL grew up there. So much to see!

Okee off to clean my house. TaTa for now!

2FatCats
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Morning All,

Another busy day - I've read but not responded in awhile.
I feel for those of you that are disappointed in your progress. But you guys have all made progress! That's the important thing! Like Heidi said, I hope everyone finds peace with their body.
Reading the book, food: the good girls drug. How to stop using food to control your feelings by Sunny Sea Gold was a life-changer for me. For me, all the motivation, exercise and healthy food wouldn't have make a diiference if I hadn't first understood the why of my relationship with food. I can now control the relationship and not be a victim of it.

Challenge wise and in general: I am great! Eating 2000ish calories and scale still dropping - at 146.2. :carrot: AND I saw the top of my abs and a bit down side today! And my obliques made a guest appearance on Monday! I still have the lower tummy kanga pouch but I'm working on it. Now when I suck it in, it goes in, too. So there is hope that it will eventually go away.
Weights coming along and walking 3-4 miles a day.
And at least I have gathered up the tools to start on the dang side porch. Now it's supposed to rain for a week, though! I knew the weather was turning...I think I purposefully delayed until I *couldn't* do it. *sigh* I am so not motivated to start the scraping.
With all the clothes donating going on - we should have started a size swap system between all of us or something!! I now have a bunch of 10s and some 8s that I bought in the spring (ripped off the tags of course) and now they are too big.

Off to a follow-up eye appt. My first progressive bifocals...*shudders*. Good thing I only wear glasses at night when contacts are out.

:grouphug:Hugs to all!

Zumbachica
05-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi everybody..well my friends wanted Applebees so I wound up having half a sandwich and a small salad. Not sure of the caorie count, I'm sure it was too high......

Busy night ahead....violin lesson and then my son has a concert..which reminds me I have to iron his concert clothes..and make myself look presentable.....

SUM: Don't be a slave to the scale when you are weightlifting..if you are feeling smaller and toned then take comfort in that...also go by how your clothes feel. I know that is hard to do because we rely on the scale so much....

2FATCAT: I hear ya on the progressive lens. I told the doctor I'd rather just wear my contacts and use reading glasses that I bought at walmart....the thought of bifocals was more than I could handle...its bad enough that i"m starting to see wrinkles .

Jennifer: I've only been to Boston for business but my sister and her husband go often since they live in new england and it is a FUN city.....you're going to have a great time!!! And what a great incentive to lose....

Tonight I have to do 60 squats for my challenge..the number keeps going up and up....I wonder if I"m doing them wrong because my legs aren't killing me that badly. I'm sure when I"m up to 225 squats my glutes and quads will be killing me......

Zumbachica
05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
My mini goal for this week is to be 143 by Mother's Day....haven't been that low in a LOOOOONG time......

Sum38
05-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I want Thai food...talk me out of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer1966
05-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Sum: No Thai for you!

Although I am not one to talk anyone out of good food. DH made a rhubarb and blackberry crumble out of our rhubarb from the garden and blackberries we picked and froze last summer. It was delicious and I had 1.5 servings! It was too yummy! The scale has not been kind this week and I doubt that will help tomorrow's weigh in.

2FatCats: I hear you on the bifocals. I really need to go to the dr and get some! A clothes exchange is an interesting idea.

Zumba: I did 70 squats tonight and my thighs were on fire! You are probably in much better shape than I am. I'm excited for Boston. I haven't been there since I was a teen, and we like exploring cities!

Zumbachica
05-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Bleh met a friend last minute for dinner and I shared her dessert.....bleh....scales gonna be lousy tomorrow.....

Zumbachica
05-09-2013, 10:54 PM
On a happier note....65 squats DONE!

Sum38
05-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Scale was kinder this morning, I guess drinking all that tea/water is paying off and I was just dehydrated? 157.6 this am, still a pound up from the start of this challenge (even though, I think that day was just a fluke, but still...) So I started my day off with 20 oz of plain water and now my teapot is brewing (still coffee/caffeine free here :yay:) and I am sure I will enjoy another 20 oz of hot tea, and another 40-60 oz throughout the day.

It is a rainy day, I may take a day off from walking. My doggie sure needs it; I had to lift 70 pound doggie in to my car yesterday after our walk...lol...it was a comical sight.

I took over 16000 steps yesterday and burned over 2600 calories. It was a good day.

ETA: No Thai food for me; instead I had grilled chicken Shish kebabs (home made), so yay for me.... I may splurge on sushi this weekend, even though I really don't think sushi is a splurge, I usually stay within 500 cal and I am not that afraid of eating rice :)

Jennifer1966
05-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Sum: wow! Way to go on your steps!

Scale wasn't so kind to me this morning. I weighed 172.8. I am still .8 pounds up from a few days ago. I'm sure the crumble didn't help, but I'm also wondering if there's some hormones at play. I'm about a week from TOM though, so it seems a little early to be retaining water. Oh well, I hope everyone has a great day!

Zumbachica
05-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Yup, scale was mean to me......but I deserve it. I did not need to share dessert with this friend last night. She's part of the reason that helped me get fat, because we used to go out to eat a lot after the gym and I started eating things that I had deleted from my diet, like sugar!!!!!! This weekend it is going to be really hard to cleanse because of mother's day, I may do a one day cleanse on Saturday. Two days is ideal though. that will get me back to 135 i think and then I can take it from there.

Today is going to be really HOT ...80 degrees..holy cow!!! I have to teach a class at the pool, then I have therapy, then DSW to buy shoes and get a free beach bag...i have a ten dollar coupon. Tonight i'm going to an outdoor bar/restaurant to listen to a cool band with my girlfriends...:) Time to let off some steam.....trust me, its been building up.........

Have a happy day y'all...I need to get ready NOW! And then shake my money maker...

natamars
05-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Typing on phone so brief ...scale up today. Bloated . Running
Charity 5k tomorrow. I pledge here that I will not eat pizza tonight!

guacamole
05-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Too scared to step on the scale....I need to get back in the habit of weighing every day. My eating has been so so. I haven't gotten out to exercise as much as I would have liked.

Sum- I also have been drinking green tea and one cup of decaf coffee in the morning. I also have been guzzling lots of ice water. Drinking does help to keep my appetite under control - it isn't perfect - but it helps.

Sum38
05-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Guacamole I know many people disagree with daily weigh ins but I have to do it to stay accountable. Sometimes it drives me crazy, tho :lol: I only record Friday's weight as official weight for the week at MFP. -- I also use a phone app; I input my weight there daily, good or bad.

2FatCats
05-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Anyone else notice that we've turned this into the 'chat thread'? I can barely keep up with one thread...

So today is the 4 month mark of my new 'lifestyle' and 1 month into maintenance. Time for reflection!

I did not know what to expect when I joined 3FC - certainly not such an amazing group of gals!! Each and every one of you ladies is a source of inspiration and strength for me. Whether you know it or not - your stories have both humbled and bouyed me. I may not comment or do personals as much as I should - but please know that I do read and I am very greatful you folks are here and sharing your lives.

My 4 month progress:
I can't say that I haven't eaten some unhealthy things - but to my credit I have logged every single bite for 4 months straight - healthy or not. And only on 2 occasions did I eat more calories than I had allotted (including exercise) and even on those days I had planned to do it. So - technically I was still 'on plan':D

Physically: Down from 180.6 to 146.2 (- 34.4); Size 14 tight to 8 loose; body fat from 36% to 20%; LOTS of inches lost: waist -5.75, hips -6.75, belly -8, thighs -3, etc. Lots of strength gains - I couldn't do a single regular pushup 4 months ago. Today I did, with feet elevated a in suspension system, 20 jacknife pushups! In addition to the 60 regular ones!! :carrot:

Emotionally: Totally changing my relationship with food! I am learning to express my feelings in a healthy, positive way and not 'eat' them away. I am quieting the inner meanie and learning to appreciate myself and the things in my life. For example: you guys!

Hope all are well and 'on plan'!

Zumbachica
05-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Back on track tonight....my aqua class was a killer so no more workout for me today...it is rest day from squats. Getting ready to go out with girlfriends at a waterside restaurant that has a good band playing. Since diversion guy doesn't want to get serious I have no choice but to continue to do my own thing. Had my bar, my shake and some crackers with falafel for lunch....tonight I am ordering a salad or something else that is low carb.....I have forgotten to take track of carbs and that is the only thing that really works for me so I'm back on that.

I still have a mini goal of 143 by Mothers day......I think I lost a lot of bloat today because I was constantly peeing (sorry to be so graphic)......

Have a good night my lovelies...

Zumbachica
05-10-2013, 06:04 PM
no time to write to everyone until tomorrow, but SUM I just wanted you to know that I don't buy the don't weigh in every day thing, because the times in my life that i stopped daily weigh ins is when I gained weight.....I don't suggest that everyone do it because it does become nervewracking with fluctuations, but it is what I need to do to hold myself accountable. Maybe if I caught this in the bud when the scale said 137 last fall I wouldn't be sitting here at 147...it can very easily become 157...until I'm 257. There are many obese people walking around that were once a size two......it can happen to anyone and that is scary stuff.

Sum38
05-10-2013, 07:04 PM
I am having a "date" night with my DH. Wish me luck ;)

newleaf123
05-10-2013, 07:15 PM
I am having a "date" night with my DH. Wish me luck ;)

Good luck, Sum. I wish you the best!

newleaf123
05-10-2013, 07:16 PM
2fatCats Your 4-month review is inspiring!! You have done such an awesome job with your weight loss, and it looks like maintenance is following suit -- congratulations!! So glad to see you sticking around :)

junem
05-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey Sum,
I do wish you LUCK!!!!

junem
05-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Was out of town, helping my ailing brother, for 6 days this time. I seem to have lost a couple of lbs with all the stress and travel. But I haven't exercised for ages, unless you count walking. I doubt I could run a solid mile today.

And then... my DH made yet another batch of chocolate chip butterscotch cookies.

I'm gonna get to the 140's, dammit.

Heidi... New haircut since I last checked in? Cute.

Jennifer1966
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Dang it. Hit a button or something on my iPad and lost a whole post. I'll try again.

2FatCats: I am in awe of your progress. You are truly an inspiration. This has turned into a chat thread. It's the only one I can keep up with because it's small and manageable!

Junem: I hope your brother is doing better. It's so hard to have an ailing family member. I'm sure you'll be in the140s soon-- you are so close!!

Zumba: Your aqua fit class sounds like fun. I'd definitely take your classes if I lived there. Hope you had a great time last night.

Sum: I thought about you a lot last night. I hope your evening went well.

Hi to anyone I missed! I had a good night last night. Went to the first of about a million graduation parties last night (grad parties are like mini wedding receptions here for some unknown reason). We went out to eat before (Greek salad with gyro meat), so I wouldn't eat the party food. I only had one cake ball. I bought a pair of peach skinny ankle jeans and a dark denim shirt to wear, and I actually felt like I looked pretty good, which is a huge accomplishment. Today I start the power cleaning for our grad party next Sunday. Hoping to burn lots of calories, so maybe I can actually get into the 160s! Have a great weekend!

Sum38
05-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks ladies :grouphug: Date night was a very nice one!

And since I indulged on sodium rich food, scale jumped to 158.6. My body seems to love that number. This time around I have had harder time getting out of 160's and high 150's than ever before. I used to be able to waltz down to 152 pounds and then get stuck.

DH showed me a picture of me from 2005 where I was quite bare skinned and boy did I look good! My guess I was around 120 pounds. I want that back, so I am even more motivated to break this silly 158 barrier and march downwards.

I finally took my measurements, I have been avoiding it. I will measure twice per month, try to get it done 1st and 15th of each month. Anyone else measuring themselves here? -- Last time it kept me sane because during the times scale was stuck, I could see that I was still shedding inches.

I am off to my 5 mile walk...march... march towards 125 :D

Jennifer1966
05-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Sum: I'm glad last night went well. I need to take measurements. I haven't for a super long time because I don't want to face reality, but if I can get on the scale every morning, I should be able to measure my waist!

2FatCats
05-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Sum: I'm a measurer. It does help to see progress when the scale is barely moving. And the lower the scale goes, the fewer lbs it takes to see a difference, too. Surprisingly, after 3 lbs I can see a half inch or so off hips/waist! Just keep up with the weights - love them or not - they love you!

Glad 'date night' went well! Hubby and I went out to dinner and I have come to the conclusion that I am a big waste of dinner $$. I can't finish my dinner...well, I could(and would) have in the past! And leftovers just aren't my thing. *sigh*

Jennifer1966: Thanks! The way you've been after your yard and house I'm sure it will be perfect for the party! Mine needs a good cleaning, too...and since it's raining today...no excuse not to do it. And as far as measurements go - do it!

Junem: Hope your brother is well. And don't worry about the 140s - they'll turn up! Just start running to you catch them!

Zumba: I am with you on the daily weigh-ins. When I stop is when I start to gain. Or maybe I start to gain so I avoid the scale. Hmmm. Either way - I have to weigh every day to hold myself accountable. I don't worry if it's up a pound or so. I have set a no-sh$t red line weight (150) at which I will slap myself back into reality and get myself under control and stop doing whatever it was that made me gain. I learned the red line thing from the maintainers area - those folks are great, too!

I guess I need to get busy with housework. Bleh.

Sum38
05-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Happy Mother's day to all moms; human and furbaby kinds.

natamars
05-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Happy Mother's Day, all! We're leaving for the zoo in a few minutes(my request for Mother's Day) but I just wanted to check in and say hi.

I finished my 5K in 33:11..I was very happy with that since it's a hilly course and I've been training flat..also I only got a few hours of sleep and felt like c r a p. As soon as I started running, though, I felt fine and was OK for the rest of the day..tons of running around with family. I slept well last night.

I'm really detremined now to do a 5K in under 30 minutes this year..I know I can do it.

Talk to you all tonight!

Jennifer1966
05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all!

Nat: Great job on the 5k! The zoo sounds like fun.

I'm going to my mom's for a huge luncheon. I'm going to try to eat well, but healthy choices will be limited. I may eat veggies before I go to stave off bad hunger eating. I seem to be plateauing at 172-173. It's been more than 10 days at this same couple of pounds. I'm starting to get frustrated. I think I need to do something to get past it, but I'm not sure what. I really wanted to be in the 160s for DD's party, which is a week from today. Any ideas, ladies?

Sum38
05-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Jennifer You probably need to add some more exercises like weight lifting (yuck :D). How are your calories? What does your average day look like? Then again, I have been stuck at 158 for the same amount of time, and I have no idea why :dunno: Our bodies are a mystery, just watch we will get a HUGE whoosh soon!
But if anyone would have insight what I am doing "wrong" please help me (and Jenn)....
I;
1) walk 7 days per week 33-35 miles per week
2) weight lift 50 min 3 x week
3) eat 1300-1500 cal per day, avoid carbs and sugar

Zumbachica
05-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi all..I hope all you Moms had a nice Mothers day. Mine wasn't so nice....unfortunately.....but I made the best of it. Chose to have Indian food which was super high in carbs and carvel for dessert...major gain this morning. I'm doing a two day cleanse again to try and get some weight off quickly. I"m ashamed of how I've been doing on my program, it seems like it is going to be just another thing that I tried, spent a fortune on and screwed up.

My friend in Atlanta is losing major weight by doing HCG shots. She says they cut her hunger. She needs to give herself an injection every day. She gets the shots from a doctor. I looked to see if there was a doctor that did this around here but I am not finding anyone. I don't think I could shoot myself up anyway.....the thought makes me feel woozy.

Going to teach a toning class today and have so much to do. Food shopping being on the top of the list. Even though I'm cleansing I still hve to shop and cook for the boys..this creates a challenge.

I hope everyone has a nice day today. I'm trying hard to get out of this funk..it is hard..I'm so tired of feeling this way....I'm tired of not fitting into my pretty clothes and now that the warmer weather is here there is nowhere to hide. I'm ashamed of what I did to my health and my body. I'm tired of coming on here and whining when all I really want to do is show some progress and move my ticker in the right direction.

I have to do 80 squats today for the squat challenge...I think my toning class will be enough exercise for the day but then tomorrow I plan on incorporating more activity ..maybe i'll finally do those kettlebells...LOL...they are still in the plastic....Truly feeling like a big fat loser today...

Zumbachica
05-13-2013, 09:19 AM
SUM: I'm not an expert other than my AFAA degree....it looks to me like you have a good combination of cardio and strength training going on. That doesn't seem like a lot of calories for someone that works out that much but I'm not a big believer in feeding the body massive amounts of calories and hoping that works. Is your walking a brisk walk? Can you turn some of that walking into running to kick your metabolism in the arse?

JENNIFER: how was the huge luncheon? Hope you had a nice time.

NATAMARS: Hope you had a nice time and enjoyed the zoo. I miss having younger ones that I could do that stuff with. I want to do the warrior dash this year but don't know how I can expect to do that unless I start running, and running is so NOT my thing. I give you credit for wanting to do a 5K. Runners are so cool!!

Jennifer1966
05-13-2013, 09:29 AM
My Mother's Day was lovely. The luncheon went well, I had turkey meatloaf, broccoli casserole and mac and cheese, with just a bite of cake and pie for dessert. The crazy thing is after eating those completely high-fat/calorie foods yesterday, I finally broke out of the 172._! I was 171.6 this am. It's not much, but after 11 days between 172-173, I'll take it!
I'm hoping to burn a boatload of calories this week cleaning my house from top to bottom for DD's party. Scrubbing baseboards has to be exercise?? Have a great week!

guacamole
05-13-2013, 03:40 PM
sum - I hope you an DH can work everything out. Glad the date went well!

I rode my bike 7 miles today. I am so out of shape it's ridiculous...I was so winded by the end of the ride and I am exhausted right now.

My eating has not been what it should be. However, I am proud that through the last few months of putting pounds back on I have stuck to drinking water, tea or coffee (no soda!) - bread only once a week - pasta maybe once a month or less - and avoiding foods with high fructose corn syrup. Gotta focus on what I am doing right sometimes!

Zumbachica
05-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Guac: I'm impressed....you seem to have a really clean diet....You are doing really right, give yourself some credit!!!

Jennifer scrubbing baseboards is probably harder than any bootcamp class out there..LOL! I swear, my grandma was never fat and a strong woman, probably because she was a farm woman that also did a ton of housework at home.....there's something to be said for housework.

Well, I felt like a cow today looking at the mirror of the gym. I just can't get ahead, I don't understand it. I'm on day one of my fasting cleanse. Doing okay.....Im going to try and do another day of it tomorrow. I guess I won't be skinny and gorgeous by thursday for the yankee game..LOL....

kelijpa
05-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone! Wow is time zipping by! I've been thinking about you guys, chicks I mean, Got a little not really off track, but definitely the potential for sliding down the slippery slope that i swore I would never ever ever slide back down. So, had a great day today. Feel like I got myself back on track. One of the things that inspired me today was this challenge. So I owe it to you chicks to get caught up and be a better participant. Thanks for picking me up!!

Best to all :sunny:

Sum38
05-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Okay here comes my pity party.

I am stuck! It has been 2 weeks since this challenge started and I have made zero progress. I am trying like heck, tho... it would be nice if my scale were to agree. That 150 pounds sounds impossible right now :mad:

I simply can not eat any less or exercise more. Zumba I am a super fast walker (4 mph the whole 5 miles), I can not run; I shattered my ankle 4 years ago and it still hurts and the hardware hurts :(

So I guess I am going to keep doing what I am doing and hope that stupid scale catches up with me eventually.

SW 156.6
CW 157.4 (down 0.6)
GW 150

Zumbachica
05-14-2013, 08:07 AM
KeliJ, so nice to see you again girlfriend! Someone who lost 100 lbs once told me that she is continuously picking herself up and reminding herself to stay the course.....it is the nature of the beast. I guess the goal is so that this healthy lifestyle becomes so ingrained that it feels natural and no longer feels like hard work...just how you live.....your post reminded me of that.

SUM studies have shown that brisk walking can be just as good a workout as running, with less impact on your joints...so more power to you!

Zumbachica
05-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Wow, I typed a long post and lost it..grrrrrrrr...hate when that happens. I'm too lazy to write all the profound stuff over again..LOL....

KELIJ; so nice to see you girlfriend!!!!

SUM: brisk walking can be as effective as running, keep doing your thang lady!!!

Well I cleansed yesterday and am point 8 over what my ticker says.....so I'm somewhat happy that I lost the bloat from the weekend eating. I am cleansing again today and really hope to lose two more lbs. I cheated yesterday when I made dinner but its so hard to be cleansing while cooking a great meal for your kids.....I probably would have lost more..Oh well, i'm doing the best that I can and I'm happy that i'm away from that scary 150 number.
A very easy Zumba class today and then I may walk with friends.....I would much rather do a DVD but the weather is pleasant so walking it is....never got around to putting air in the tires of my bike.....hopefully this week.

Have a wonderful morning everyone....

Zumbachica
05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Oh and I c ompleted 80 squats last night for the squat challenge but don't feel that it is really doing anything..I guess I can't expect miracles. Next time I have to do 100!!! Jesus take the wheel!!

Sum38
05-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Nice going Zumba. I think I will add 100 lunges to my routine on the days I don't go to the gym. DH and I used to do 20 lunges after each mile we walked. My butt needed a little lift ;)

kelijpa What's your splurge at the end of this challenge? :)

Has everyone decided on their splurge yet?

guacamole
05-14-2013, 11:53 AM
I stepped on the scale today to 161! How in the heck did I jump up almost 5 lbs in 1 1/2 weeks? It isn't TOM. I just don't get it, and I am so bummed right now. I really need to reassess my diet, and it's coming right when I am about to start a holiday with my family. How can I eat anything when I know I am so off track, and all I am going to be surrounded with are fattening foods? I feel so scared right now that I am slipping off the ledge. I need to get back on track...I keep saying it, but when am I going to do it?

Sorry to be a downer, folks. Good luck today!

Sum38
05-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Oh Guacamole!!! So sorry :hug: I know that feeling!! Yes, you need to reassess what is going on. Obviously something going on. Mine was wine and the snacking it brought on. -- I don't drink any more, at all...I am hoping my scale, eventually, will thank me. -- You prolly are carrying a lot of water weight. I know you are careful with bread...what about cheese? Or could you have a food allergy?

guacamole
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I have been taking Zyrtec every day for the past 3 weeks for my allergies. I have read the Zyrtec causes weight gain and appetite increase. I certainly have been more hungry than usual. Maybe it's the meds? Hopefully, my spring time allergies are almost over, so I can stop taking Zyretec, and see if there is any improvement. I don't know... Just feeling so awful about my appearance right now...

Thanks so much for the support! :hug:

Zumbachica
05-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Guac I'm so sorry that you are frustrated....meds mess with our weight so much.....so do things we don't often think about like products with soy, etc...start logging everything you eat to see what you can cut down on...sounds to me lie youalreadyneat wellso maybe cutting the Zyrtec will do the trick....

newleaf123
05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi, guys. Tough day here. Well, first I have not been eating well since Sunday. Like you, Zumba, Indian food on Mother's Day, which just ensures bloat and gain. Then poor eating yesterday. And today - I was totally blindsided by the big celebrity news story of the day, where a beautiful actress announced major surgery. Her op-ed story is my story from 2010 - 2012, with all the wrenching decisions, soul searching, surgeries (although I had both surgeries, she has only had one so far). And how does it relate to here? It was during those 2 years that I put on 50 pounds as I struggled to deal with the emotional side of things. And over the last year I have taken off those 50 pounds. Having this in the news today, everywhere you turn, has been emotional for me, and I'm struggling to stay out of the kitchen cabinets... ack! So there, now you know my story LOL

Sum38
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh Heidi :hug:!!!!! You are one very brave woman! I am so glad to hear that you took charge of your own health.

Just millions of hugs to you!!! (And step away from that kitchen :nono:)

newleaf123
05-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Thank you, Sum. Truly. :hug:

Jennifer1966
05-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Heidi: I think you made a brave, wonderful decision. My BFF is in the middle of making it and having a really rough time, so I understand a little about what you went through.

Zumbachica
05-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Heidi thank you so much for sharing with us. I'm sure remembering your experience with the topic being all over the news must be difficult. If there were ever a good reason to gain weight other than having a baby that is it....you gave yourself a gift! I admire you.

2FatCats
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Heidi: I didn't think I could respect you any more than I already did. I was wrong - you are truly an incredible lady. You are my hero in so many ways!

newleaf123
05-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Wow, I am so touched by you all; I can't tell you how much your replies mean to me!

Jennifer I'm sure you are a great support to your BFF. It's a long, hard decision to make...

Zumba Yes, having it hashed and rehashed is hard. But it forced me to have a bit more of an "advanced" conversation with my sons than what I told them at the times of my surgeries, when they were so much younger. So that's probably a good thing.

2FatCats Wow, I'm humbled by your reply. Thank you.

Sum You'll be happy to know I've stayed out of the kitchen, other than to make some tea. I've felt like I've needed to sit on my hands... minds are funny things!

Sum38
05-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Morning Lovely Ladies :sunny:

We are going to have a gorgeous day here in MI, 80F and sunny. I am "stuck" at the Finnish center today, but I think I will try to "escape" by 1 pm.

It is a gym day for me. Planning on adding something new to the mix. I will do my weight lifting for 45 min and then elliptical for 30 min. I will most likely skip my 5 mile walk today; depends tho how much I want to enjoy this beautiful weather.

Scale is finally back to where I started this challenge 2 weeks ago 156.6; I am hoping some downward movement :crossed:

Have a beautiful day ladies!!

Zumbachica
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Well cleanse is over thank Goodness! I lost 5.2 lbs in two days..now I"m back to where I was before I fell off the wagon the past few weeks. Today I can eat food again and I'm almost afraid to, because I always screw up my shake /food days by overeating. I'm extremely lethargic and overslept this morning and didn't make my older son breakfast! I'm sure it is because of the cleanse...Anyhow I am now afraid of gaining the same weight back so I will very diligent from here on out, and think before I shove food in my face...

As far as workouts go I'm still doing the squat challenge and of course my zumba but I haven't managed to do more...I keep sayint that I am and it never happens, this is my challenge for the rest of this week, just get started doing "something".....! I really admire those that put on running shoes and start running but that just isnt' me. I don't play tennis and Im not in a gym lifting weights becasue of the monthly fee..I may just swallow it and join.....but will I go? That is the question.....

Yankee game tomorrow I hope that I don't go bat crazy and eat hot dogs and cracker jacks.....I know there's a stand there that sells really good sushi.....and another that sells steak sandwiches..for a fortune...but Ill be with handsome diversion guy and I'm sure he'll be generous and probably rolling his eyes that i'm such a princess and can't eat ballpark food! LOL!

Jennifer1966
05-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Good morning! I just sat down at my desk at work, but wanted to post quickly before I start grading essays. (OK, really I want any kind of excuse to pur off the essay grading!) I was at 171 this morning and TOM came, so I'm pretty happy. I really wanted to be in the 160s by Sunday, but at least I'll be close. Food and exercise have been really good the last couple of days, so as long as I can keep it up... Sunday though we are having pulled pork, buffalo chicken, mac 'n cheese. baked corn, etc. And I ordered 15 dozen cupcakes and 15 dozen cookies from 2 amazing bakeries. I just may have to have a cheat day!

Zumbachica
05-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi Jennifer! Im all about procrastination..LOL....What time should I get to Ohio for that food,...dang girl yall eat well there. If you want to indulge in a cheat day go ahead, but remember you're not going to feel well the next day and its going to set you back..so enjoy within reason...I'm teaching myself how to do this because for me a cheat day equals five lbs the next morning!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer1966
05-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Zumba: You are absolutely right (and party starts at 3). I will really try to indulge without overindulging if that makes sense. It will be the cupcakes that call my name--I won't even go into the food-porn descriptions of the flavors here...

newleaf123
05-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Indulge without overindulging -- what a great quote, I love it!

Kept reminding myself this morning that I always feel better when I exercise... Just finished 30 minutes on the stair master. :carrot:

Jennifer you've done great in preparation for this big party! Definitely enjoy yourself!!

Zumba if not eating ballpark food defines a princess, then I'm a princess too!

Sum I hope you get out early and get to enjoy the weather. Nice!

2FatCats
05-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Afternoon All!

My sister invited me to some barbecue party that happens in her neighborhood in NYC. Apparently they close down the entire street and it is a big old barbecue palooza. You have to understand that my sis and her husband are AMAZING barbecuers. They should open a restaurant kinda good. I feel a wee bit guilty that I was glad my husband has to work late on Friday and we can't make it.:o

Jennifer: :rofl::rofl: to: "I won't even go into the food-porn descriptions of the flavors here..." Thanks for that!

Zumba: Love that phrase: "I hope that I don't go bat crazy"
Never been to a 'ballpark event' so I guess I'm a princess of a different kind....and I despise hotdogs of all kinds. I tried makinga hotdog casserole once...disaster. My hubs LOVES them. Especially those kind on the little weannie rollies at the quickie marts. To include liquid cheese pumped onto it?! Yuck!

Sum: Weather here is windy and rainy. Bleh. We actually had freezing temps AGAIN last night. My poor plants.

Heidi: Good job on the stairmaster! I feel so much better after a workout, too. Sometimes visualizing that euphoria is the only thing that gets me to step into the gym.

ack spilled water on laptop!!!!!

Jennifer1966
05-15-2013, 02:34 PM
2FatCats: Hope laptop is ok!

I've been thinking about my splurge for this challenge, and I think I'm going to buy a really nice purse (or maybe 2). I need a new brown and a new black that will pretty much go with anything. I have been pinning ones I like and I'm starting to see a trend in the styles I gravitate towards, so maybe I'll know exactly what I want when I complete this challenge successfully :)

mboo
05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Sw 196.8
Cw 192.
SeemsToBeTakingIts Sweet Time ,Getting Frustrated
ItIsGoing Down

Sum38
05-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I have a girl crush or should I say intense envy/admiration towards a female at my gym. She is built like me (about same age) and about the same height but is prolly 115 pounds with freaking beautiful, but not too overwhelming muscles, tiny waist and overall gorgeous physique. I wanna be her!! -- She comes every day at the same time as I do, and she keeps me motivated to do my lifting (which I still hate btw).

natamars
05-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Struggling this week. My mom's illness is worse, and I'm having a tough time with sleep. TOM is also here, along with headaches.

I am resting at home tonight..I gave blood at work today and never go to the gym after that. I'm going to make some oatmeal with fruit and turkey bacon for the rest of the week's breakfasts, and I have frozen meals, salad, and yogurt for lunches and snacks. Back to the gym tomorrow.

Heidi, you are amazing..what courage you have..there are no words.

Zumbachica
05-15-2013, 09:12 PM
NAT I am so sorry about your Mom's illness. That is enough to make anyone sad and wanting to eat. You sound really well prepared for your breakfasts and lunches.......I wish I were that organized.

SUM There is always that person at the gym that makes us feel like a troll. For me it was a blonde Greek girl, also married to a doctor. I didn't dislike her because she was a nice person, but muscles and skinniness...I would always see her working with a trainer while I taught my class. I used to wonder if she ate. I couldn't help but be envious. Some people win in the genetic lottery so they are one step ahead of everyone else when they work out.....Good for you for using this person to make you want to work out harder....

Zumbachica
05-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Well it was my first day off of cleanse and of course I'm hungrier than a horse all of a sudden. Gee whiz.....i was doing okay most of the day until I caved and had cookies. I'm still hungry. I guess its my body's way of saying it wants to make up for the deprivation it had the past few days...I'm telling it to calm down and shut up but if it keeps up i'm having a banana and some peanut butter, that always fills me up. I never got around to working out today, but i'm going to do my squats in a little while and maybe a DVD....I cleaned three bathrooms and the kids' rooms, thats some major calorie burn right there.....atleast it felt like it!!

Sum38
05-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Okay I biotced about my mini stall, and all of you sent good vibes at my way and scale is moving again :grouphug:

Today is day 50 since I started my new life style. I started at 165.6 pounds and today I was 155.6. 10 pounds in 7 weeks. -- Another 50 days and if I were to drop another 10 pounds would mean normal BMI :yikes:

Thank you ladies! I could not do this without you!!!

ETA; I was SUPER excited to be able to change my ticker (finally!).

Jennifer1966
05-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Sum: Great Job!! You will get there!

I have to lose 26 more pounds to get to "normal" on the BMI charts. It seems incredibly daunting when I actually write it down! I am hoping that I can be close by the time school starts again in August. I was at 171 again this morning. Not to whine too much, but it really feels like I've been in the 170s forever!

Went shopping last night for the party at BJ's and GFS. I honestly do not understand the appeal of warehouse clubs. Who needs that much toilet paper? I did manage to stop by Dillard's and buy another dress. It's so cute, but I now have to stop buying size 12 dresses. I don't want to be this size for long!! I'll probably try to have them tailored when I lose more.

Have a great Thursday!!

newleaf123
05-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Natamars sorry to hear your mother isn't doing well... Thank you for your kind words; they mean a lot!

Zumbachica
05-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Jennifer: This is going to be SOME party! You are doing such a great job planning it. I haven't planned a party in forever, I used to enjoy it. I hate warehouse shopping but unfortunate for me I feel it is necessary for our family, also they have products that I can't find anywhere else. And we go through that toilet paper really quickly...LOL

SUM I wish I could throw confetti at you over those ten lbs...WOW!! that is a huge accomplishment ....another ten is doable....I'm trying to lose ten also...we can do this!!!! I do'nt worry about BMI and all that stuff anymore...my gauging system is way simpler...I'm just trying to get back into my dang jeans....LOL

NAT How are you doing honey?

Zumbachica
05-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone....It is cloudy with no chance of meatballs today since I won't be eating any..LOL.....Hoping it clears up for the baseball game tonight.....
Believe it or not Im stressing a lot about what to wear tonight..there is no way to hide a big butt other than long shirts...and none of my Yankee gear is long ...I guess I"ll be keeping my jacket on. I spend WAY too much time camouflaging myself , its so annoying. I may not be a giant person but when your weight is all in one place you might as well be....atleast that is what it feels like. And here I am with some tiny skinny arms and small head...Ilook like one of those dinosaurs with the tiny arms that don't match their body, what are they called again? LOL..Well i'll figure out an outfit and i'm going to be so happy to see "diversion guy" because I haven't seen him in a while (since his "i can't get serious") bulldinky speech. Hope we get past that uncomfortable stuff tonight .....and just have fun. I'm allowing myself one light beer , not sure about the calorie count on that...but after what i'm going through to get to the stadium I think I"m going to deserve one!!!

Zumba class this morning and then hopefully back home to workout again for 35 minutes (dug out my BBL DVD)

newleaf123
05-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Sum It's so encouraging to find a plan that works! You have done so well sticking to your plan for 50 days, and through trying times. What a great outcome!

Jennifer1966
05-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Nat: I am thinking about you. Having ill parents is so hard. Hope she improves soon.

Mboo: I think you are doing great on your weight loss. Remember slow and steady wins the race (plus, it's much less likely to come back on).

Sum38
05-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Taking a break from gardening :sunny:

Zumba I bet you will look beautiful! And the diversion guy will be drooling over you :drool: Enjoy the game, and take the jacket off ;)

Jenn I do Costco and Sam's as warehouse shopping. Yep at times it can be overwhelming. And you would get used to having toilet paper for months :lol3: I don't know if you have a teenager boy(s), but mine and his friends chew up toilet paper like it is going out of fashion. -- Congrats on your 171 sticking....you will be at 169 in NO TIME!!!

Nat I am so sorry to hear about your mom! :hug: -- Mine is getting old (but still fires on all 5 cylinders), and she is 4000 miles away.

mboo You are on fire girlfriend!!!

2FatCats Go to the BBQ!!!!!!!! Even if for the ambiance!

Heidi I keep thinking about you, my friend. You are simply awesome! :love:

kelijpa
05-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Hello again, you chicks are so great, I have a tear in my eye reading.

My splurge is going to be a small but wonderful box of chocolates from chocolates by leopold a local chocolate maker. And something else not food related, maybe a pair of those pants that zip off and become shorts for hiking, something not food!
:sunny:

kelijpa
05-16-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm having a great time reading and reading and reading, like catching up with friends I haven't seen in awhile, I guess because that's what it is!! Have to get in the swing of using this iPad mini like I am now out on the deck catching up, if I do it more often it won't take as long. Feel like I had a good OP week, back on 2 juice/vegan days, Monday and Wednesday this week. Worked well so far and didn't try to eat everything in sight today...so hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow

kelijpa
05-16-2013, 07:46 PM
For those of you on the tread-or dreadmill, lol, I've found that I'm able to do much higher of an incline than I thought, like 6 or 7 vs the 1 or 2 that I thought. Makes a huge difference in tightening up things that need to be tightened and seems to have knocked down cellulite, too Zumba. Ok, heading out for a walk then I'll be back to read some more! :sunny:

Sum38
05-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Morning Ladies!

Hi Kel!! Nice to see you!!

Another day, another whoosh; 155 this am. Hard to imagine that if all goes well I would be at 154.x tomorrow which would mean closer to 140's than 160's!!!! I lost 2.6 pounds since last Friday.

I have a busy day ahead. I am starting my day with a dermatology appt (mole removal), and then off to my 5 mile walk. Alone this time because my furbaby injured her leg yesterday during our walk. I think she pulled a muscle and now she is limping. Later on I will hit the gym for some weight lifting.

I am going to eat the same meals I have during the past week (varying protein for dinner), because it seems to be working for me.
Bfast
Hardboiled egg
Greek yogurt
Lunch
Salad with loads of veggies, 1/4 feta, 3 oz grilled chicken and 2 tbls dressing.
Dinner
6oz salmon, 1/2 cup rice and broccoli

LOTS of green tea and H2O during the day.

I am giddy over my whoosh...even tho I think it would be mentally more calming to see losses each week instead of a few days per month. -- I am loving shopping in my closet, so many things are starting to fit again!! Yay!

Have a beautiful day ladies!!

kelijpa
05-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning all!
161.8 this morning, had the tiniest hope that it would be 159.9, I have tightened up from all the hiking this week, so I'm not complaining.

Little chance of the 150s for a little bit unless I hit it early next week, I'm going On a vacation road trip with my mom to visit my aunt and cousins. It's going to be great and I'm not going to stress about going up a pound or two. Going to hit it hard when I get back.

My plan is to go vegetarian as many meals as I can, that's worked well for me on my trips for work recently, so at least I have a plan!

Newleaf - thanks for sharing your story. The news story affected me, too, in a different way, my mom's a 21 year survivor of breast cancer. Stories like this always make me take some time to think about my risk factors. Thankful I've been able to adopt a healthy lifestyle.

Hope everyone has a good friday!

natamars
05-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Still plodding along, gaining and losing the same lb., looking for motivation. If I weren't semi-staying on top of things I'd be gaining, so it's better than nothing.

kelijpa, greta job on the hiking..even if you're not seeing it on the scale yet your body knows the truth!

sum, YAY on teh whoosh, and what a fabulous menu today!

zumba, hope you had fun at the game..I'm sure you looked great no matter what you decided to wear!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts on my mom..we're trying to spend time doing some fun things while she can, and luckily my sibs are closer to help out..we finally got her to take some Advil but really want her to get some stronger stuff fom the doctor..not sure why she is so against it. The thought of her in pain is heartbreaking.

Sum38
05-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Does anyone shop at Old Navy? I am so disappointed in their sizing.... I bought size 12 Daisy Dukes and they are too small ugh! I thought I was done with 12's let alone 14's :yikes: Well I am keeping them and hoping they will fit in a month without a muffin top :(

Zumbachica
05-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Hello My friends!!!

SUM Daisy Dukes? good Lord woman!! LOL...that takes guts.... I bought a pair of lace shorts but I don't know if I"ll ever have the guts to wear them with heels...not with these cellulite thighs..bleh....thanks for posting what you eat, i was wondering how you were losing all the weight..I need to clean up my diet big time..more on that later.....

NAT Praying that your family has strength to see your Mom through her illness...its so hard to watch smeone we love in pain.....

KELIJ: what a great idea to eat vegetarian when traveling!! makes so much sense....

Zumbachica
05-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Well baseball game went well as far as diversion guy goes. He was very attentive and we had fun.....He loves to eat (typical guy) so after our steak sandwiches he got us popcorn. We also shared a carvel ice cream...I felt so sick afterwards. the eating continued for me today for what reason I don't know. Totally pigged out today on everything and anything. Im sitting here trying to figure out why and I have no reason. Nothing in particular happened today to send me over the edge....just the usual aggravation over divorce. I don't know why I want something so much and yet I sabotage myself...I don't have answers, I just knwo that today is done and there is nothing I can do about it except get back on the horse tomorrow. I'll be teaching a class in the morning and then my day is super busy with my kids music rehearsals, etc. Hopefully i'll be too busy to eat like a sow all day long......we shall see...I am still not in my clothes. I felt big , sloppy and frumpy yesterday at the game. I don't want to feel like that all summer :(

Sum38
05-18-2013, 07:04 AM
I was thinking about your date Zumba, glad it was fun!!

Nat I hope you find your motivation soon! Perhaps walking outdoors would boost your motivation? On the otherhand; you have so much going on with your life right now, that maint. is a good thing. Hugs to mom!

kelijpa You are so close to 150's!!! I will see you at the 150's thread in no time!!

My whoosh continued, I thought I was done whooshing yesterday but scale went down another 1.2 pounds to 153.8. What ever is going on, I am loving it! I even feel a ton thinner.

I did not go to the gym, yesterday, so that is on the menu for today. If I have time I will do my walk. -- We are having an Eurovision party at the Finnish center and later on a graduation party.... so I will be around tempting foods all day...

Have a fab day ladies!

SW 156.6
GW 150
CW 153.8

Jennifer1966
05-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Argh, our wifi went out yesterday, and TW won't be here until Monday, so I'm on my phone! Please excuse what is sure to be many typos!

Zumba: Glad you had a great time at the game (even if it was the Yankees--lol)
I hate when I overeat for no reason, but it happens. Forgive yourself and go on.

Sum: Dang, girl! You are a losing machine! You will be rocking those daisy dukes in no time.

A big hello to Everyone else. I am unable to scroll back on stupid phone!

I was at 170.6 today, which is shocking considering how poorly I ate. A student gave me a turtle cupcake from a local cupcakery, and I ate all of it. It was a chocolate and salted caramel delight! Then we went out for a coworker's bday and I had beer and a tequila shot (need to remind myself I am no longer in my 20s!). I also ate a sandwhich on more bread than I eat in a week! How I'm down .4 I have no idea, but I'll take it. Today I cook and clean all day for tomorrow. Eek! Please cross your fingers for no rain!!

Zumbachica
05-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Hi all..eating continued today..bleh...I'm going to cleanse tomorrow....had some disturbing dreams that started my day " off"....I just felt wierd.....taught a class to wheelchair people.....they were incredible...I almost had tears in my eyes watching a young gig struggle to dance with just her arms...it made me ashamed of all the whining that I do...

Today was my LAST day of pigging out.....getting dressed today was awful....I'm starting to sink into a depression. Tomorrow i am cleansing. Then I'm going back on low carb for a while. Isa gen ix is great but I think I'm just not doing it correctly, I have too many cravings. The shakes are high in carbs....they're making me want more carbs...I also need to plan better....I need to this for so many reasons.....

Zumbachica
05-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Congrats Jennifer and sum for your swooshes!

Sum38
05-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Happy Grad Party Day to Jennifer (and her DD).

So I pigged out yesterday, and scale "jumped" to 155.6. Doing a happy dance because those horrid 158's are thing in the past. Back to clean eating today and hopefully scale will go back down.

Zumba Each time I have lots of carbs, I crave more and more. BTW, When are you seeing the DG again?

Jennifer1966
05-19-2013, 08:53 AM
I was at 170 this morning, which is not too far from my goal of 169 by DD's grad party. Hopefully it won't storm (30% chance of t-storms), and the party will go great. Not to whine, I've just never planned anything this big.
Have a great Sunday!

kelijpa
05-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Hello all,

Sum-Last time I was in Old Navy, about a month ago, I was really disappointed in the quality of their clothes, I know they're inexpensive, but nothing felt like it was a bargain because of the quality, that leads to inconsistency in sizes as well, quality of the materials, etc. I'm with Zumba on the Daisy Dukes, you are one brave woman! :D

Zumba-I've definitely been there with the not being able to stop the madness, in fact I'm juicing today after spending the weekend so far with my in-laws and then my family, it seems to be a good reset for us after "treating". After Chinese one day and BBQ the next I'm up 5.5 lbs. I know it's mostly bloat and the juicing and drinking lots of water knocks that part right off, then tomorrow I'll eat clean, still with lots of veg. Hope things improve for you, your persistence is inspiring, it reminds me of a saying this guy we used to bowl with was always was quoting this silly movie "never give up, never surrender!" Stay strong!!

Natamars-sorry to hear about your mother's pain, that's got to be hard to deal with. My heart goes out to you. Best of luck with everything. :hug:

So, my MIL gave me a bunch of magazines, so I started with the one that had drop 10 lbs. in a month on the cover, of course. So the way to drop 10 lbs. in a month is to do salsa dancing and follow this eating plan, there were some interesting recipes in the eating plan, not sure if I can get into the dancing with a road trip coming up, maybe after.

It's the May 2013 issue of Health magazine, there were some interesting articles, one was about different trends/fads in weight loss, one was hypnosis, it recommended saying these simple phrases practioners recommend to patients, "say out loud, repeat often and believe:
~For my body overeating is poison.
~Too much food is damaging, I owe my body respect and protection
~I'm attracted to healthy foods
~Doughnuts might taste good, but the new me isn't interested"

They also talked about a free meditation app, I think I'm going to try it it's called Headspace (on-the-go) for iphone or android, it say "you teach yourself to look at jellybeans the way you would a puce micromini with lame; Maybe for somebody else, but not for me!"

best to all :sunny:

kelijpa
05-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Jennifer-best of luck with the party and congrats on being so close to your goal!

2FatCats
05-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Morning All!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful stress free weekend.

Sum Re: Old Navy. I buy tshirts and tanks there - I just accept that they will only last for one summer. I really need long or tall sized stuff or else I am wearing 'crop tops' like the 80s....

Zumba Kel said it first: "your persistence is inspiring" Keep at it!
My heart goes out to you - it stinks to feel depressed, out of control and just like SCREAMING at someone or something. Believe me, I know.:hug: When you said the LAST time it reminded me of, well, me. I used to say that alot. So much that my husband actually rolled his eyes and said, "yeah, right - until the next last time." It hurt my feelings but it made me think. I did have very strict forever rules. And then I would fixate on whatever it was that was 'forbidden' and congratulate myself when I avoided it. But eventually I would eat it and feel like a horrible disappointing failure. He was right, though - who was I kidding- I didn't even believe in myself. I measured my sense of self-worth by eating or not eating things from 'the banned food list'. By working out or not, if the scale went down or not, if my clothes fit or not. You get the picture - I was constantly judging myself - almost entirely in a negative way. After much inner reflection and reading I am learning to be my own best positive friend. After all, I didn't solve World hunger or cause an international missile crisis because I ate way too many chips. So why was I acting like the villian in my own world - constantly attacking myself? So now I tell myself - maybe I will eat (way too much *anything*, icecream, sodium, whatever)again - maybe I won't. I have the power to say yes or no. I have a choice. But I slowly stopped making it an 'all or nothing' and when I did, I didn't want to overindulge. And the world still didn't end! :D Maybe I just finally got tired of thinking about food 24/7. It's exhausting obsessing about EVERYTHING around me!

Nat Wishing your entire family strength. Having a sick loved one is (understatement) exhausting both mentally and physically.

Jennifer The party will be fantastic - rain or shine! You've worked your tushie off - literally!

It looks like it's about to rain here - off to close my windows.

LindaWW
05-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm still here - I have been plugging away at the diet and exercise thing - doing well most days, and occasionally not so good. The good news, is I'm down 2 of the 3 pounds for my goal, and working on more. I changed my ticker to reflect my progress. I'm at the lowest weight I've been in the last 10 years, I'd say - heck, maybe the last 20 years! I'm psyched, because summer is the easiest time for me to lose. My husband is away working, and my kids both leave for the summer, so I can focus on me. Next weekend will be tough though - my oldest daughter and her family are coming to visit over Memorial Day weekend, and when she goes home, she'll take my youngest daughter home with her for the summer. My husband will come home for a week, and when he leaves he'll take my son with him to work out of state.

I'm still waiting for the anxiety meds I started 2 weeks ago to kick in. Hopefully once they get working I'll be back to my old self. Then there will be no stopping me!

Sorry I haven't been more active on this thread. I still try to read daily, and I'm supporting you all in your weight loss goals. Being the lone parent of teens keeps me pretty busy, but I'm thinking of you all!

Zumbachica
05-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi everybody....first of all i want to thank those that offered support to me after my horrible day of eating yesterday. I have no reason as to why it happened other than I just am not in the right frame of mind of losing weight....I wonder if I am now. Decided to take a break from ******** for the next few days and do some low carb eating. I'll do a cleanse after memorial day.

Husband doing things to once again upset me and get me livid. I swear, sometimes I wonder if theres going to be blood shed before this divorce is over.....he certainly isn't making it easy to live peacefully.

Sum you asked about DG....no, i haven't seen him after the baseball game...we dn't see eachother often. He is adamant about not being in a serious relationship given that we're both in ugly divorces. That's fine, but it also frustates me. I asked him if he wanted to do a mud run with me on Saturday and he said he had a committment. I got annoyed and said No problem I guess I should start making other committments. That was my passive aggressive way of saying "I know you're seeing other women and please feel free to go f&^*&% yourself!" It wasnt mature and it wasn't fair, but girls between hating my body and hating the situation I am in I was in NO MOOD this morning. Maybe I would feel more secure in this relationship if I were thinner and happier. I called my friend in Vegas for advice and she told me to just enjoy my time with him and chill out. Im trying.....mornings like today it is hard to do that.

I hope the weather held out for Jennifers party!!!!

So may scale was up to 149 this morning.....hoping low carb helps, going t put everything I ate into fatsecret.

junem
05-19-2013, 11:35 PM
On a bit of a whim, I joined some members of my bike club on a 62 mile (100 kilometer) ride this morning. It completely wiped me out, but the computer on my bike says I burned 1610 calories!!! I don't think that bike computer calc is all that accurate, but woohooo anyways.

I think I more than made up for the stuff I ate at my cousins' baby shower yesterday.

Boy oh boy, the women in my extended family can cook! Best potato salad ever! And then somebody bought a Roeser's whipped cream cake. I needed that bike ride.

I weigh on Monday's. The day of reckoning is coming.

Sum38
05-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Not a good day here. I cooked a lot and ate a lot. I feel bloated and yucky. UGH! A good reminder that clean eating is my friend :) I think I will skip tomorrow's weigh in, I would be so disappointed and I know it is not real weight, but still...

junem We have pretty much same stats!!! How cool! Nice going on your bikeride! I can only go about 25 miles and I get totally pooped out.

Zumbachica it took me a long time to get ready to change my eating habits, so I totally understand :hug: -- My turning point was March 28th, dunno what clicked that day. I think I was just feeling so huge and slow and something just snapped in my head and I was ready. Now 50 days and 10 pounds later, I feel committed and it truly has become a life style. Even today after over eating, I am looking forward to getting OP tomorrow. Back on the wagon. I guess the big thing is. I am forgiving myself of the bad days and moving on, whereas before I could not get past a bad day and it turned into bad weeks and months. -- You can do this! And I am here for you every step of the way.

LindaWW Nice seeing you and WOW and congrats on your new low weight in ages! Way to go!!!!!

2FatCats I was wondering where you went :) How is that delicious maint. going?

kelijpa Salsa dancing, hmmm...I should try that. I could do it at home and make my neighbors think I have finally totally lost it :D I bet it burns a ton of calories!!

Jennifer I hope the grad party went well!!

Zumbachica
05-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning everyone....I had my pity party last night and I'm ready to start a new week with a new attitude. Putting the isa gen ix away for a few days and eating low carb....going to look for my Jorge cruise book. Food shopping after work to buy what I need for a healthy week....should be an interesting one given that I'm at my ex's throat.

I found out last night that a friend I went to high school with died in march. She collapsed in front of her house. By the time she was found it was too late....she died from an enlarged heart....she was 44 and leaves behind a three and a six year old...she had no idea she had this! It made me realize how short life is....I want to start living it!

newleaf123
05-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Ok, feeling very behind here... I've been busy with gardening primarily. Haven't formally exercised in a week! And feeling like I've been eating way too much.

So... I downloaded MFP to track calories for the next few days to help me reel things back in. The funny thing is: I already had an account, which I had forgotten totally about. Created in June 2011, weight 202. Goal of 155. I made my goal!!! So that was nice to see.

I normally don't count calories; this has made me batty in the past. But I thought this would be a good reset to just see where I'm at. I didn't weigh myself this AM and will hold off on the scale until Friday AM weigh-in.

Thank you again for all your support and compassion re: my health status. Going through what I did was a wild ride, and I'm so happy to have all my decisions and surgeries behind me (although I do need one last minor surgery which I've been putting off until I'm done losing weight). I'm very grateful for being able to address my cancer risk; life is good!

newleaf123
05-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Zumba just saw your post right above mine; how awful about your high school friend :hug: At the age we are at now, it seems like we see so many reminders that life isn't a given. My whole outlook has really changed in the last 5 years...

junem
05-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Zumba. What a terrible, sad story about HS friend, and those two children. Its so important but so difficult to remember that each day we have our health is a gift.

BTW. I think you are a little too hard on yourself. You can be a little chubby and still very healthy. I wonder if your perspective is skewed a bit by being in NY. There are parts of this country where you'd be considered thin, and I bet you are not as frumpy as you sometimes feel. Its ok to be kind to yourself once in a while.

Jennifer1966
05-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Good morning all!
Kelijpa: Thanks for the info! I would love to learn how to Salsa dance! Headspace app sounds interesting too.

LindaWW: You are doing so well on your weight loss! Way to go on upping your goal!

Junem: Great job on the bike ride! That is a ton of riding. DH wants to bike a lot this summer, which means I have to start training.

Zumba: That’s terrible about your classmate. I agree we all need to live life to the fullest. I hope you have a good week.

Heidi: Good luck counting calories! I did it for about a month when I started. I think it’s a good tool to get us back on track. I may have to do it again before the end of graduation party season!

Sum: It sounds like you’ll have to go to as many grad parties as we do! It is so hard to stay dieting when confronted by buffet tables of yumminess! I will probably have to practically fast after June 10!

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday. The party went off without a hitch. DD reveled in her role as hostess as DH and I continually filled food and drinks! I didn’t count, but there had to be over 200 people through my yard at least. Very hectic, but at least I’m done now! I weighed this morning at 169.8, so I have finally reached the 160s (at least for one day!) Now if I can stay our of the leftover food and desserts…

newleaf123
05-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Guac How are you doing? I hope you have found your way back to where you need/want to be, foodwise. Anything we can do to help? Hopefully your Zyrtec season is behind you...

Zumba You are too hard on yourself. I am absolutely certain that you do not look like a T-Rex! Glad to see you had fun at the ballgame. Hopefully you've been able to rein in the food today... I did like your little jab about DG's "other commitment". Yeah, who does he think he's fooling?? Also, I totally second JuneM's post from earlier today. It *is* okay to be kind to yourself :hug:

JuneM That is quite a bike ride!! Way to go!

Mboo I hope all is well.

Kelijpa I didn't know that you were doing a bit of a lean towards vegan/vegetarian. We are too, my husband and I, although have been settling in more on vegetarian. I can't give up cheese or milk in my coffee. Congratulations to your mother re: 21 years! My sister is 2 years out of breast cancer and my mother is 27 years out of breast cancer and 17 years out of ovarian cancer. What a gift! So... what in the world was "puce micromini with lame"??? That was some awesome auto-correct going on there! I try to look at candy as if it is non-food; I wouldn't go crazy over a bowl of pebbles; I don't need to go crazy over a bowl of jellybeans. They are just pebbles. They are just pebbles. They are just pebbles.

2FatCAts There was some real wisdom there, in your notes to Zumba. I always feel inspired reading about your triumphs.

Natamars Glad to read that you've been able to spend time with your mother; I'm sure that makes her happy! What is it with not taking pain med?? She's a tough woman!

Sum You and your whooshes!! You are doing so well; I'm happy for you!!

Jennifer That turtle cupcake sounds awesome! Happy to see your weight going down and that your party was AWESOME!! I can't imagine hosting a party for 200+ people!! I think the most I've ever done was about 30-50 when we had a going away party, moving out of state.

LindaWW You are doing awesome!!

I have NOT been successfully following the mantra "indulge without overindulging". I am expecting this little reset to put me back on track. I've tracked breakfast & lunch on MFP; it does definitely make you think about what you eat. I put back a couple of my yummy multi-grain chips to drop the serving down to 100 cals... I'm *trying* to eat as I normally do, but I think just the act of logging makes you eat less, kind of how I've read that the act of putting on a pedometer automatically makes you walk more.

Anyway... we'll see how this goes. I think I'm at 700 or so calories for the day so far.

2FatCats
05-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Newleaf: If you're logging calories - might as well log exercise, too. Come over to the dark side...Muhaha.

guacamole
05-20-2013, 03:17 PM
newleaf123 - Thank you so much for reaching out! I have been reading today and am so happy for everyone, but so sad for me. Sometimes, coming here is discouraging, when I am on an upward climb with my weight and everyone else is high fiving on their triumphs. I have been there too, and this is totally the place to revel in success, all I am saying is that it kind of bums me out right now, ya know?

I know that I am in complete control of my eating and that I am the one who caused myself to gain back weight. Likewise, I can control getting back on plan and losing again. I just have to believe it. Right now, I feel very out of control. I have been caving into emotional eating again and I need to stop.

This weekend I didn't eat well at all, and my weight is continuing to creep up. My clothing is tight, and I am getting back bulges I hoped were gone forever. The more weight I gain, the more depressed I get, and the more I want to eat. It's a vicious cycle.

Today, I went for a 40 minute brisk walk, juiced a bunch of fruits and vegetables, and had a large salad with broiled salmon and hard boiled eggs, veggies, and 2 tbs of low-fat homemade dressing. I logged my calories in MFP.

newleaf123
05-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Guac I think most, if not all, of us have been where you are. Truly. I know I have. After getting down to 158 three years ago, I put on 47 pounds the following year bringing me to a new all-time high. I've since lost the weight, but feel like I could so easily start gaining again. What's my point? I don't think I have one. Other than to say, I get you... :hug:

Zumbachica
05-20-2013, 05:58 PM
This is the THIRD TIME I am attempting to write this post..lets hope I can do it this time..LOL

GUAC I"m there with you girl....I'm not having success....every day I stay i'm going to do it and I fail. Its exhausting isn't it? I totally udnerstand the vicious cycle.....lets get our success story going.

NEWLEAF Yeah I really wonder how much time DG has left if this continues.....I think eventually in a relationship you have to make the committment to be exclusive..if not then you are just friends with bennies..I'm too old for that crappola.

JUNEM: I want to give you a huge hug right now. yes, I'm a little chubby and its okay for the most part. I know there are bigger women that would probablybe happy to look like me...but I really feel sloppy. I have huge boobs at this weight and a huge butt that is hard to camouflage. I have a small frame and this weight just doesn't look right. I miss my clothes, I miss how I felt in my clothes....I am so not comfortable in my skin. I also am afraid of putting on 100 extra lbs....and at that point having health problems like my mom who was a skinny woman but ate her way into high blood pressure and diabetes out of emotions. She spent years hating herself.....I went off on a tangent....I just want to say that I appreciate your words. And yeah, I live in a very hoity town where money seems to be synonymous with skinny....I remember dropping my son off at preschool years ago and thinking "Good Lord, do these women eat???!!!!" They all play tennis or own horses and they go out to lunch and don't eat. "I'll just have a small salad with lemon juice instead of dressing"...BIOTCH PLEASE!!!!

JENNIFER; So happy that the party went well!!!!!!

NEWLEAF dont underestimate gardening as opposed to a formal workout. maybe if we all did more manual work we wouldn't need formal workouts...LOL

Zumbachica
05-20-2013, 06:03 PM
PlEASE ignore my ticker, it is a lie ...I don't weight that anymor eand i'm too sad to update it to my true weight.

Okay so today is my first day of being back on low carb. No shakes, I get to eat real food...yayyyy.....I had mushrooom cheese and egg omelette for breakfast, a few walnuts for snack, a mcdouble and no bun for lunch.....I am so NOT hungry and I'm weigh under for carbs and calories.....Just having some boiled chicken for dinner and a salad and vegetables.

Looking at Oklahoma on the news right now, damage from tornado is horrible, praying for those there......

Zumba toning today.....kicked my own behind......

Sum38
05-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Morning,

It feels like Monday to me. DH just left for the week; he usually leaves on Monday mornings and gets home on Thursday nights...last week he got home on Friday night, so my schedule is totally off.

I had HORRID weekend what came to my eating. The grad party (plus stress) started my "binge"... scale jumped 4 pounds :( -- So I need to redo all losses from last week all over again...but I back on that saddle. Hoping to drop a few pounds today with clean eating and plenty of H2O.

I have a dr appointment today and need to get my blood drawn, I shiver of the thought. I am such a baby...trying to find reasons why I should skip it! LOL!

Have a fab day ladies.

SW 156.6
CW 157.8

Zumbachica
05-21-2013, 09:06 AM
SUM Stop being such a baby...LOL....just don't look while they are drawing you. I worked in a laboratory and was surrounded by tons of vials of blood but I still get the willies when they have to draw mine......as long as I don't look I'm fine.

I am going to make an assumption that things are good between you and hubby now? ;)

something is definitely in the air, everyone is binging or sensitive......I wonder what is going on astrologically....

newleaf123
05-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm still shooting for being below 155 for this challenge. Totally doable if I'm willing to commit. I weighed myself this morning; so much for waiting until Friday. I need the feedback. 158.0 today.

Have a great day, ladies! Good luck with the bloodwork, Sum.

Zumbachica
05-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey all, i'm a happy camper today. After one day of low carbing I already lost a few lbs in bloat. Hope the swooshing continues. I have so much work ahead of me to reach my goals.

today I'm teaching a class to seniors so theres not much of a workout there but I am going to try and get a DVD in this morning before the day starts. Both my kids have violin competition today.....so I'll be busy all afternoon/evening.

2FatCats
05-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Morning All,

I walked down to the river and back (about 2.5 miles rt) and let the dogs swim. Then I had to bathe them - 2 stinky Golden Retrievers. Yuck.
Not much else planned for today in the exercise realm. Feeling sore from yesterday's lifting and 2 walks.

Challenge checkin:
So far I am on track in this challenge EXCEPT for that dang side porch. It has rained every day or threatened to (this excuse even sounds weak to me.....).:o Arggh. It'll get done, just not this month!
Eating like a horse (2000+) and still slowly losing. I get at least 800-1000 calories a day in official exercise so that explains it. I just can't possibly eat any more 'good' food. I refuse to eat when I'm not hungry. That got me fat! Seaking of culprits:
I can eat that many calories in ice cream, though. *sigh* I love ice cream. And gelato. And semifreddo. And frozen smoothies. And, well, ice cream! :love:

Gotta go blowdry 2 dogs. Yippee.

SW: 149 20.4%
CW: 145.2 19.1%

junem
05-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I remember dropping my son off at preschool years ago and thinking "Good Lord, do these women eat???!!!!" They all play tennis or own horses and they go out to lunch and don't eat. "I'll just have a small salad with lemon juice instead of dressing"...BIOTCH PLEASE!!!!

LMAO. Ya I know what you mean. It's like that where my in-laws are from on the North Shore near Chicago. And I always figure they go home, binge on cupcakes and potato chips then stick their fingers down their throat.

guacamole
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
junem - Is that really the secret? Because I don't get how the skinny minis, who spend their lives around fancy social functions with lots of food, stay so skinny? It must be torture to go out to fabulous restaurants and cafes and order lettuce and lemon juice and a diet soda!

I walked 2 miles this morning, made a green juice for a snack, had a moderate breakfast and lunch....so far so good..

Good luck today, everyone! :hug:

Jennifer1966
05-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Zumba: You are right about something in the atmosphere!

I am up 2.2 lbs. today because I ate horribly yesterday! I gorged on cookies and cupcakes like it was my job! I felt so guilty this am! I am on a serious tons of water and no carbs today! I really hope it starts to come off tomorrow. I couldn't even have the leftovers from the party in my house after I saw how little control I displayed yesterday, so I brought some to work, gave some to a close friend who just lost her mother, and sent some with DH to work. (As you can probably tell, I was nervous about running out of food at the party. so we were literally prepared for an army!)

I really need to get it together to meet my goal for this challenge. I want my splurge!!

Zumbachica
05-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Happy to report that I stayed low carb today..........hope I have another drop tomorrow. Baked cookies for my sons tonight and I only had one small one.....went to kohls today to buy bigger pants so that I could have something to wear and left in tears...it was an ugly scene...pair after pair of pants...a few tops and a vera wang sundress all left behind...maybe I shouldn't go shopping until I'm smaller.....

Diversion guy and me are on the splits...we want different things.....I want exclusivity....I don't want to share him....I'm too old fashioned for that....

Zumbachica
05-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Hello chickies....I am down another lb or so from yesterday ...so i'm finally back to my ticker weight! I can display it again..LOL...Now I'm back to getting the rest of the weight off. I am going to continue to do low carb today through the weekend and i"ll be cleansing early next week...I think if I do that may get down to 140....when i'm finally out of the 140's I'll probably have a party to celebrate!! Don't remember the last time I was out of the 140's , it was probably last summer....

went to look at a house yesterday that I may buy. it is absolutely gorgeous....if I can't stay in this one then I have no choice but to move. There are going to be so many changes .... I want to be skinny through it all..LOL...its the little things in life that keep me happy now, becuase the big things are so screwed up......

2FatCats
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Zumba When you try on clothes and don't like the way they look, what do you say to yourself?
I heard this on the show What not to wear. Instead of thinking something like, "My thighs/butt/hips/ are huge in these pants. I'm a big fat *&%." Try thinking, "These pants aren't the right cut/style/fit for me." Make it about the pants not being good enough- not you. Because honey, you certainly are MORE than good enough! You are a fabulous, incredible & strong lady! :hug:

Off to lift weights! Hope everyone has a fabulous On Plan Day!

natamars
05-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Still hanging in. Weight fluctuating between 136 and 137. I have to want this more than I do if I'm going to do it. Yesterday I ate over 400 calories worth of ice cream..not the actions of someone who's trying to lose weight!

I finally got in a weight workout at the gym last night..hard, but felt good. And today is walk to school day, so I've already gotten in 4.5 miles walking/running.

zumba, I hear you on the shopping..I think we've all BTDT. Since you're taller than me, your 140's are my 130's. I had gotten below 130 2 summers ago and haven't been back since. For now let's focus on the good stuff and stay the course.

Jennifer, YAY on getting right back on course..1 day will not un-do all the great stuff you've done.

guac, what a healthy day!

2fc, you are amazing with exercise.

LindaWW
05-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I am so happy today! My goal for this challenge was 3 pounds, and as of today I'm down 6! Losing 6 pounds in a month is unheard of for me - usually it's 2. Of course, it's called the anxiety diet, and I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone :( But that's starting to feel a little better today, so maybe I'm on an upswing finally? I'm 2 pounds from my original total weight goal, although I think I'll probably be lowering that. Also, for the first time in YEARS, I am at a NORMAL body weight!

Good luck, fellow chicks!

2FatCats
05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Linda::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: and a :cb: just because!
Way to go on the weight loss/challenge met!

Nat: I ate icecream (280 cal) and had 2 smores (275 cal) yesterday... with zero guilt. I work out hard enough that it doesn't phase me to have a treat now and then. So I do! And stuff tastes WAY better without the guilt, let me tell you!
To that end I've started to switch my focus from the scale weight onto how much weight I put on the bar. I confess I love the metallic *ching* when I slide a plate onto it. I give it an extra hard push just so I can hear the noise! :D

Yesterday on our walk to the river to swim, my younger Golden Retriever tried to jump on the dock from the water instead of using the ramp. And she didn't make it. She scrambled and then fell straight down into the water. She immediately RAN out of the water and went to the bathroom...it was bright red. SO - I walk 1.5 miles home, give her a quick bath, check her bottom. She's still bleeding a bit. Take her to the vet - apparently when she fell she poked her bottom...as in right on the business end.:o Sheesh. She actually busted her a$$. So, I get to clean her and apply ointment and give her antibiotics for 10 days since the location of the cut is 'unclean'. This is the same dog that ate a dryer sheet and spent 2 days in the doggie hospital (about $400 for a generic dryer sheet). So - no doggie walks for a few days. Poor thing. She's all sad faced and mopey today.

newleaf123
05-22-2013, 05:56 PM
2FatCats sorry to hear about your dog!

LindaWW congrats!! You are doing so well!! Keep up the great work and momentum!

Zumba Househunting is fun... make the most of it! And yeah, I wouldn't be into someone playing the field either. What are we, 15? Either you want to be with someone or you don't.

Natamars Step away from the ice cream LOL I hope today was better.

This MFP business is interesting. I'm sitting here ready to gnaw my arm off, all because I had a cappucino this morning when a friend stopped by, instead of an iced tea. Dinner better be filling! I'm curious, how many calories do you guys eat (those who track)? I'm hovering at 1200 a day and haven't been exercising. I am post-menopause and have the hormones of a woman in her late 50s, not late 40s, which is why I have it so low. I figure on exercise days I'll go higher, and maybe on weekend days, too. Maybe up to 1400 - 1500 on those days. Dunno. Not sure how long I will track for, but it has definitely been a worthwhile endeavor.

Zumbachica
05-22-2013, 06:31 PM
NEWLEAF: Yes exactly.....do we need to date like teens before going "steady"? It shouldn't be that difficult. I know that we're both going through ugly divorces and there's a lot of stuff going on but I wasn't putting a gun to his head and saying MARRY ME, I was merely wanting to know that he wasn't sleeping with anyone else....the thought gives me the willies. I wish I were more sophisticated than that but I'm not. Its been four months, either you like me or you don't......I dont want to invest my heart anymore to something that may hurt me big time down the road. I'm too fragile for that right now......

2FAT I like that you treat yourself and you don't feel guilty. I hope that one day I can get to that point also. thanks for the suggestion of what to say when trying on clothes..I said these are cheap clothes, I will have better luck in bloomingdales..well time will tell tomorrow night if that is true....

LINDAWW...great that you reached your goal!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a good feeling huh??

NAT: oh what I wouldn't do to weigh what you do now...I am taller than you, by two measly inches..big whoop...LOL....my problem is not so much my weight but how it is distributed on a small frame..and i have saddle bag deformity..anyhow I definitey should NOT be weighing this much so I feel ya...I can't wait to get back into the 130s , atleast then i'll feel like I have a fighting chance..and oh how I miss my clothes :(((

SUM where are you today????

Sum38
05-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Zumba I absolutely think it is NOT unreasonable to ask someone that!! -- I don't share well ;) Don't feel uneasy about it! If you guys were intimate, that is exclusive to me! If he is sleeping with others, then he is one big a$$ jerk, IMHO!

Zumbachica
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Hello all...well today was not such a great day. My attorney sent me a letter my husbands lawyer wrote and it was insulting to the core. I truly have no patience for him and his nonsense. He's against the kids going to therapy because he doesn't think the kids have a problem. Really? What planet do you live on..?

Then to add salt to the wound me and diversion guy broke up . He said he needed space and I said take your space and don't call me. I'm really okay with it being over because I wasn't comfortable not being exclusive with him.....i'm not a jealous person, I just felt like we had a very superficial relationship and it wasnt going to go anywhere and i'd feel devastated some time down the road. I believe when a man truly digs a woman he will move heaven and earth to be with her and not lose her....obviously he wasn't all that into me. I'm going to miss him though..I'm sad. :( Just add tihs to my pile of other stuff to feel sad about...

I hope I have another lb. loss for tomorrow...I stuck to low carb today even with all the aggravation going on....logging on to fat secret now...its been really helping me log my carbs and calories.....I look at my old stats and I can't believe what a yo yo dieter I have been over the past few years.....hopefuly i can get to a good point and stay there

Zumbachica
05-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Sum I don't think he was sleeping with anyone else.....but he kept telling me from day one that he couldn't be my boyfriend..there's too much goin on with his kids and his divorce, etc etc....at first it was fine but at this point it's not sitting well with me......I don't like it. I think he's still friendly with his ex gf who looks like Malibu Barbie...there's no need to stay friends with someone that you slept with....I don't know, I thinkallthis flab is making me insecure...

mboo
05-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Sw 196.8
Cw 189.6

kelijpa
05-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Hello all! First day of road trip with mom went pretty well, not too much exercise, but got in my water and we snacked on fruit and a hard boiled egg, so that was good. Resisting choc chip copies she brought right now, way too late to eat now.

I feel like if I answer from last time I posted it'll be ancient history. Love catching up, though, you guys are great.

Zumba I have a lot more success when I stay away from the carbs, too. Ido love them as a treat tho, I have some kind of chips as my treat just about every week!

Newleaf I don't calorie count, but 1200 sounds pretty low to me, I've never been able to do strictly one thing, that's one reason I liked the old WW points, you looked at 3 things, fat, fiber and cals and tried to strike a balance.

Hope everyone is doing well!

2Fc my gosh, I hope my little dog never does that, your pup's lucky to have you, poor thing...

Mboo great job!

Sum38
05-23-2013, 07:16 AM
I had a huge dinner last night, I think I am getting close to TOM and my appetite is showing it :( Why do I over eat?? I know I am really stressed out over my relationship with DH, but why do I need to medicate myself with food? -- I wish food was not something I had to think about and control all the time.

I am getting fatigued of the 150's. I know it has only been a month and sure wish that getting rid off weight would be as easy as putting it on. -- This is usually about the time I give up, so I need your support ladies, please. I don't feel very optimistic about meeting my goal :cry: since I am still at 156.4 pounds.

I think I am going to start premaking meals plans at MFP, it always keeps me accountable.

Losing weight is hard!!

newleaf123
05-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey, this calorie counting stuff really works, who knew??? It's helped me get from 159.9 on Sunday and who knows what on Monday - I was too scared to look- back down to 155. Phew! Clearly I didn't lose 5 pounds of fat in 4 days, but my eating was getting way out of control with portion size and poor choice.

Fearing that I was up over 160 again was a real fright to me. Visceral, almost. Had to be, if it got me to count calories LOL

Anyway, 155.1 today. Hopefully I am FINALLY mentally prepared to go below 155. Ok, per my comment on another thread, let me restate. I am finally mentally prepared to go below 155 and I will use calorie counting as a tool to help me get there.

kelijpa
05-23-2013, 08:50 AM
I feel about the 160s like you guys do about the 150s! Can't wait to be done with them.

Got an unexpected half hour in on the treadmill this morning, my mom wanted to take a swim so I went on, put the incline up and did it!

Sum, chin up, you're doing great!

:sunny:

Sum38
05-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Woot for you Heidi!! Calorie counting really works. I need to get back on that saddle. I usually eat between 1350-1500 calories per day, I usually exercise 400-600 calories worth per day as well.

kelijpa Congrats on staying OP whilst on a road trip. That is hard!!

mboo You are doing great!!

Zumba I hope you did not think that I was insensitive when I called him a jerk, I am sorry! -- Maybe a little break is in order, that way he would realize what he is missing. -- I hope things work out between me and DH, dating scares me

2FatCats Poor baby!!!! I feel so bad when our furbabies get injured. Mine most likely has a tear on her ACL :( She may need surgery.

LindaWW 6 pounds! :woohoo: That is wonderful, you ought to be proud of yourself!!

natamars Those 130's are hard! I usually stall between 133-136 as well (if I ever leave these 150's/140's behind :D) I'll be sending good vibes at your way; and step away from that icecream!!

guacamole
05-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Weighed in at 160 today. Was within calorie range all week, and still only down 1 lb. Losing weight sure is hard, Sum! I've got to get back to the 150s if it kills me! I am going away for Memorial Day weekend, which usually spells the kiss of death for my diet. I am going to need every ounce of will power this weekend.

Zumbachica
05-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Good morning all

GUAC: Take that one pound and make it more....it sure is hard work at this age , isn't it? I remember when my first son was a baby I decided I needed to lose weight and lost ten lbs in two weeks...it wasn't terribly difficult....but now It is taking me years to lose ten lbs....Old gray mare aint what she used to be!!!!

NEWLEAF good that you are mentally prepared, that is half the battle!!!

SUM: of course I did not think you were insensitive. :hug: In fact, I am the first person to say he is acting like a jerk...he is a fool for not working harder to keep me in his life. Truth of the matter is when yo're a good looking single fifty year old guy with a great personality women are in abundance. So maybe I'm not a hot commodity like I thought I was...LOL....time will tell how this story ends....as far as you overmedicating youreslf with food it is a subconscious way of anesthesizing yourself. There are so many feelings that we don't want to feel, food makes that not happen. I was in a difficult marriage for YEARS. Yes, I had all the material things a woman could ask for and two beautiful healthy children but at the end of the day my life was unfulfilled because of a stressful marriage. Food became my sanctuary. I have more empathy now towards people who drink because I see that that became their place to hide. So glad that im not an alcoholic but dang i'm not going to have food control me anymore.

KELIJ Let me tell you how proud I am of you keeping it together on this road trip...Trips like that is when I lose it altogether......Keep up the good work...

MBOO Great work!:carrot:

Zumbachica
05-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Okay I am happy to report that I am down one more lb just as I predicted..It would probably be a greater loss if I didn't have PMS bloat which I"m trying to get rid of with Diurex. My boobs are killing me....anyway I know that I have to stay on this path and it is going to be difficult because I'm going out to dinner the next two nights.....Have to stick to my low carb plan. Sunday night I am invited to a party and there will be hot dogs there....my weakness. I need to eat them without the bun if anything. Monday and Tuesday will be my cleanse days. I will be doing a lot of manual labor this weekend clearing out a house that my dad left me (my family summer home ) I need to either rent it or sell it....so many things going on my head is spinning!!! Waiting to heear from my lawyer so I can discuss moving out of here. I need a new beginning. And i want to be skinny on that new beginning..LOL

Off to Zumba (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) Just not in the mood today for it.

Jennifer1966
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I am super frustrated today--still in the 170s (170.6 this am) and not eating well. I have at least 5 grad parties I have to attend this weekend, and there will be an abundance of unhealthy food and alcohol. I almost want to just give myself a pass, but I know I will never get into the 160s if I do. Sorry for the whine, but I'm struggling.

2FatCats
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Jennifer,
Be STRONG!
If you are super frustrated at seeing 170.6 today---imagine how upset you could be AFTER the weekend full of Grad parties . . . . Crappy food won't get you to your goal - it will just take you farther away from it! Pack your own snacks instead or eat right before you go!

2FatCats
05-23-2013, 01:00 PM
:woohoo:WooHoo Heidi- Rocking the full body/side profile avatar pic!

Does anyone else have TONS of face shots/no full body pics? I avoided those *shudders* at all costs. It's as if I didn't see them - then I wasn't really that big. Glorious self-denial. Not really a friend, is it?

Sum38
05-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Jennifer we are truly experiencing diet fatigue! Let's make a resolution... I have no grad parties to go to this weekend, but I have a feeling I am on a verge of binging.

I will allow myself one cheat meal this weekend. Most likely Thai food. Perhaps you could allow yourself a small plate at each party of sinful food with NO alcohol and NO cake?

newleaf123
05-23-2013, 01:07 PM
WooHoo Heidi- Rocking the full body/side profile avatar pic!

Yeah, a totally self-serving avatar change; sometimes I just need the pick-me-up. I find that if I'm *not* snapping photos it's because I'm *not* happy with how I look. I don't really have many shots of even my face from when I'm heavier. Some, not a lot. They make me sad to look at. And full body, God, I hope not!

A big NSV today, thanks to vanity sizing. I tried on a M dress, which was too large, the S fit just right! Come on... I really am not an S. So all the truly slim women would need what, an XXS?? Silly, but it did make me smile.

Sum38
05-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Oh Heidi, you are beautiful!!!

LindaWW
05-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Look at you, Heidi! Gorgeous picture!

Jennifer1966
05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Heidi: You look amazing!

2FatCats; i know you are right--I just have to get myself in the right headspace.

Sum: Diet fatigue is correct! I think that is a great plan,so it's a deal! Except at one of the parties I will choose to do no food at all, but I will drink :) I may even try to limit myself to only eating at a maximum of 2 parties per day instead of feeling like I need to nibble at them all!

Sum38
05-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Your plan sounds great Jennifer.

I am not going to give up this time! I want to finish this journey and claim my looks back! I adhered to my plan today :woohoo: My eating has been great, I lifted weights and walked 4.7 miles. -- I may feel tired of losing weight but I just need to keep going. What is the alternative?? Feeling miserable. I know I did not gain this weight over night and it is not going to come off over night as well. I just need to learn to be patient and good things will happen.

natamars
05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Doing better with exercise than food. Have exercised every day this week(just got back from Zumba). My shoulders were very sore from the weights Tuesday night. Have limited my treats somewhat but still too much processed food and sugar. Will go shopping this weekend for greens..back to egg whites for breakfast and grilled chicken salad for lunch.

sum, you are doing great..even if it's not as fast as we would like, we all know we feel better when we do the right things.

Jennifer, what a weekend you have! Do you have some great outfits you're planning to wear? Put on something fabulous and fitted..you won't want to eat as much.

zumba, hope your day went well..you sound motivated. We will survive the weekend! I like the idea of one splurge meal..mine will probably be at Dylan's Candy Bar!

guac, you got this! Sending willpower vibes for the weekend!

kel, YAY on the extra exercise.

Heidi, you're doing so great..keep it going!

soon2beskinnyCarma
05-23-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm in:)
my plan :
walk 50 minutes 5 days a week
keep under my calories by 200 daily
buy weights and use them 3 days a week. Squats 100 daily.
yoga once a week.

My goal under 220lb

My reward: pedicure

Zumbachica
05-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Hi all..I caved today and bought bigger pants......I needed to...jean capris, khaki capris and a pair of shorts...bleh....in a size I haven't worn since 2003....the cashier in Bloomies said you know what size this is, correct. Yes lady, I know that I'm a size small on top but have a nice big monster surprise Butt! Oy vey...I also bought a Calvin Klein maxi dress that is very slimming..and Tory burch flats thatbcostba fortune! Bad week equals huge shopping bill!

Ate at Cheesecake Factory..tried to keep things lw carb...

Sum38
05-24-2013, 07:30 AM
:welcome3: soon2beskinnyCarma Nice to have you here!!

newleaf123
05-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Awwwww, :hug: zumba. They will be going to goodwill before you know it!

Sum38
05-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Today is my official weigh in day, 155. Exactly where I was a week ago. Since scale was up all week, I need to be grateful of today's weight.
Today I will finally go and get my blood drawn. No more excuses. I also have an allergist appointment, need to run to Whole Foods for meats, clean my house and hopefully squeeze in my daily walk. Busy, busy day.

Zumba Sorry about your pant size! I have to get a bigger size as well because of my belly :( I was wearing size 10 capris from WHBM yesterday and they fit around the waist but I could have been wearing 8's what comes to my legs and butt. This darn belly just won't shrink.

I ordered some new stuff from WHBM yesterday and caved in and ordered them in size 10 as well. Even if I were to magically lose 10 pounds they will still fit and those 10 pounds will take me most of the summer to drop.

natamars That sore feeling is the best feeling. You obviously worked yourself hard, good girl!!

soon2beskinnyCarma Your plan sounds fantastic!

Okee, off to make DS bfast and then to the lab :yikes:

TaTa for now!

newleaf123
05-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Thank you for all the compliments, everyone I appreciate it! I can't find the post where someone suggested 1200 calories was on the low side, but I took it to heart. Sadly, further research confirms that 1200 is the right level for a 58-year-old sedentary woman of my weight to safely lose 1/2 to 1 pounds per week. So, that's where menopause gets you... (I've been in full-on menopause, not peri- or pre- for 3+ years now, which is why I use the age 58, not 48).

I have to take my son to the dr in the city today, but will try to come back and do personals this afternoon. Thanks for all your support!

Jennifer1966
05-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone! Today is first day of summer vacation, and besides the fact that it's only about 45 degrees, I couldn't be happier! Now if I can get through this weekend... DD graduates tomorrow, and up I am very emotional. She had her final choir concert Wednesday where she sang her senior solo and then when all the seniors are singing at the end, they bring roses to parents in the audience. Needless to say, I was sobbing by the end (and I'm really not a cryer). I'm certain my bad eating this week is emotional, and I am trying to figure out how to curtail it. End of whine.

Nat: Great job on the exercise! Thanks for the great idea-- going to pick out fitted and fabulous outfits today for the whole weekend! I have cute colored skinny jeans and fitted dresses that will definitely help me not to overeat. A bloated belly pooch is never attractive!

Carma: Welcome! Your plan sounds like a winner!

Zumba: Although I'm sure you didn't enjoy your shopping for pants, I bet they are darling! And you will out of them in no time!

Sum: good luck getting your blood drawn--just look away and think of something else! My belly is same way. I have to wear a 12, but a 10 would fit my legs and butt!

Heidi: I always aim for 1200 when I track too (which I am going to do again due to your success!). You are doing fabulously!