Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - May 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

Misti in Seattle
04-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone

Well, today is the big day... whoop whoop :dance:

I didn't get a whole lot of sleep but did manage a few hours so am feeling okay. Getting ready to go shower and get ready!

Lori, :welcome: So glad to have you join us here.

Diana and magical... thanks for the good wishes. And thanks to any others for your good thoughts and prayers! It won't be long now!!! It does feel nice to sit here in my clean condo, even though a lot of things are just shoved into closets or the storage locker LOL.

Have a wonderful week!

tdesrocher
04-29-2013, 10:02 AM
I had a fantastic weekend, stayed in my calorie range jogged at the track with my sil on saturday, went to a jumpstart class played basketball "pig" and "tennis" with my kids for an hour and a half on sunday, I feel nice and strong and ready to kick some butt in my cardio kickboxing class tonight!! My meals and snacks are all planned for the day that always keeps me on track !!

tdesrocher
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
ps my name is Tanya I count calories using sparkpeople and I workout 5 -6 times a week I have lost 39lbs and have about 90 to go.

Candace
04-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Oh My Goodness!!!

This thread moves at the speed of light!!

Ok so I have been pretty bad the past week...I ate stuff that was not good, I drank soda, I didnt workout......I was just being bad all together.

So I decided this week I will get back into it and get my head together. My friends wedding is not far anymore and I still look like I swallowed 100 inflated balloons!!!

Breakfast: Butternut soup
Snack: 2 slices asparragus fritatta
Lunch: Chicken & Broccoli soup
Dinner: Salmon with veggies and a little mashed potatoes.

Water is going slow today...Im just slow today...I worked the whole weekend and I am feeling it:dz:

I hope this week starts off awesome for everyone!!!:D:D

free
04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Good luck everyone! I haven't been doing well lately but up and onward. :)

Psychic
04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Doing okay so far today. I'm just a calorie counter. Had me a Special K Protein Shake and Fiber One Brownie for breakfast. Had some Dole Mango Yogurt bites as a snack. I still have over 1000 calories for today.

IanG
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm back. From Friday, I will be posting from Turkey for a couple of weeks.

100Mother
04-29-2013, 12:26 PM
CONFESSION: Didn't do so hot this weekend. Not feeling like I gained, more so maintained my current weight pre-weekend. Got sick and had a birthday party for my bf, so yeh, definitely didn't count calories or exercise. But today, I'm feeling good and I'm back on track!

Exercise: 33 Min Elliptical - 407 Calories
Calorie Goal: 1300 - 1500

Meal Plan:
Breakfast - Coffee, juice, yogurt
Lunch - Lean Cuisine, Extra Veggies
Dinner - Pork Chop, Veggies, Refried Beans

On another note, I've decided to do the slow-carb thing again, but this time track my calories. Decided that this morning at the gym. haha! So didnt' have time to change my breakfast or lunch, but I will be full steam ahead tomorrow. :)

leighalittletyke
04-29-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm a Monday person so this weekend was kind of like my personal last supper. I didn't pay attention to what I ate but I did take the time to clean out the fridge and hide/dispose/eat the food I planned on cutting out.

I've been trying to get up early, (630am to be exact) so I can workout and shower before everyone gets up but today was unsuccessful, so I'm going to workout in the afternoon after the BF goes to class.

Insanity *sigh* I have a strict love/hate relationship with Shaun T. He reminds me of my MTI.

I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, but I do take 1 OxyElite Pro a day to help with my energy levels. I keep a Starbucks Trenta cup to keep track of my water intake.

Lunch will be steamed salmon (love my rice cooker/steamer) and a salad with salsa.

Dinner will most likely be the same so I only have to cook and clean up once. :D

I'm Italian, Polish, and German so I am genetically sabotaged to love all things carbs. I'm going to try my best to stay away from the bread and pasta.

Radiojane
04-29-2013, 12:48 PM
I was running at a breakneck pace all weekend, so I didn't track, and yesterday I was most definitely over (birthday cake). I did swim though, Friday, Saturday and this morning.

Weight is still stalled. I don't anticipate a budge any time soon, what with the AGM supper on Wednesday and the bachelorette on Saturday. I'm not going to go off plan for these any more than I have to, but the sodium/alcohol won't help matters.

Yoga tonight, hoping to do Jillian at lunch.

Have a great day everybody! Sending good thoughts to Misti!

IanG
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Down 1.2lbs today. Got up early and went to the gym for an hour. Worked out very hard and am much less sore than the first few times I went. I hope it stays like that.

Dangerous day today as we have a work retreat this afternoon (bowling) followed by a restaurant meal. I hope I can make good choices.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar. 1 low calorie protein shake.
2 open raw mushroom sandwichs with mayo lite.

Lunch: Medium salad - egg, tuna, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, green beans, corn, edame beans, black beans, mushrooms, cottage cheese, green pepper, beets, cucumber.

Dinner: Who knows? Restaurant meal. Beer, probably as well.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work. 1 hour at the gym. 2 hours bowling this afternoon. Half an hour walk back home from the restaurant.

Could go either way tomorrow. Tuesday is always a gain day for me. Will the gym make any difference to that pattern?

Chronostasis
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Hey guys! I'm Chronstasis and I'm a teen looking to get to a healthy weight. :) Although it's not really my main motivation, I am officially starting college this August, and I really want to be able to wear my medium-sized Miami t-shirt by then!

Stepped on the scale this morning and was at 179.4 (with bra and underwear on). Yay for breaking through 180 into the 170s!

P.S. - Good luck Misti, we're all hoping for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

mamakat
04-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Good afternoon,

Misti I hope all goes well. I know how excited you are.

Ian. Turkey,huh? Will your family be going as well?

Newcomers. Welcome.

Diana how are you? I can't believe its may. I'll be 42in 14 days :p

I was hoping I would have reached goal by now, but I'm going to be gracious to myself because my body is having a hard time so far this year. I did three good walks this week, some clearing out things and lifting and cleaning cages. On Friday, I worried I'd be headed for the ER due heavy bleeding. Kinda get fearful due to past experience. But so far, energy is up and no weakness or pain associated with severe anemia. I took the walk later in the day juest in case...it was too beautiful not to :)

DH is out of town the next three days. Ought to be interesting. My weight keeps dipping and floating around 180. I'm still staying possible. No call back on any blood work. Let's hope, no news is good news.

Have a great day everyone

alaskanlaughter
04-29-2013, 03:40 PM
good morning :) I need to get back on track because I ate way too much this weekend...will work on staying within my calories today and already did my workout...I have meetings this morning and then work all afternoon, typical day....at least it stopped snowing and is sunny at least for today :)

alaskanlaughter
04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Should I replace the batteries on my scale??

For over two weeks now, the scale has read exactly 184.8....I stand on it and watch the numbers fluctuate but it always settles on that number EXACTLY....My body has never done that before, stay at one number consistently...My body can fluctuate by up to 5-7 pounds PER DAY depending on a hundred random factors...My lowest weight of the day consistently is right after my workout so that's what I regularly use. But lately no matter what time of day or how much I've eaten or what i'm doing, it always settles right at that number although I can see it flick past other numbers to get there....Does this mean the batteries need changing?

IanG
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Ian. Turkey,huh? Will your family be going as well?

No, it's for work mamakat. These trips are tough and used to be especially so on the waistline! I need to pull all my tricks out of the hat to keep the two weeks together and stay OP.

Radiojane
04-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Should I replace the batteries on my scale??

For over two weeks now, the scale has read exactly 184.8....I stand on it and watch the numbers fluctuate but it always settles on that number EXACTLY....My body has never done that before, stay at one number consistently...My body can fluctuate by up to 5-7 pounds PER DAY depending on a hundred random factors...My lowest weight of the day consistently is right after my workout so that's what I regularly use. But lately no matter what time of day or how much I've eaten or what i'm doing, it always settles right at that number although I can see it flick past other numbers to get there....Does this mean the batteries need changing?

Can't hurt to try. Sounds like it's glitching out. I'm stalled, but I fluctuate up or down two pounds.

Tinnykins
04-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Wow, it's almost May?? Time really flies!

Breakfast
A small plate of strawberries
2 sausage links

approximated cal: 200

Lunch (+ post workout snack)
1 bag of chips
1 kashi bar
1 california roll
1 cheese

approximated cal: 700

Dinner
small slice of cheesecake
big plate of strawberries

approximated cal: 400??

wow I can't believe how much calories can add up... ):
good thing I burnt about 500+ cal in my workout

zoesmom
04-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Sure, I need to be here, methinks :)

Andi24
04-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello! I've mainly stuck to the 20s and Medifast groups but I thought I'd say hi here :) I'm a Medifaster, on day 12, and so far things have been great! I haven't been exercising much as your not supposed to up your activity on the first 2 weeks on the diet but I did get a 2 mile walk in with the babis I nanny for today! The weekend was difficult as I served breakfast for my church and then went to a birthday party, and I couldn't eat any of it, but I made it and had a great tme anyway!

Today I had cereal with almond milk for breakfast
An oatmeal raisin bar for am snack
cheese puffs for second am snack
sloppy joe for lunch
smore bar for afternoon snack
(all of the above packaged medifast meals)
and turkey patty and broccoli for dinner! I plan on having an egg before bed. I
I can't wait for my shipment of food to come on Wednsday so I can try all the new recipes I ordered for!

Good luck, ladies!

Chronostasis
04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
B - jalapeno tortilla chips with fresh salsa
L - huge plate of ginger tofu veggie stir-fry (mini pepper slices, kale, pan-fried tofu, ginger, szechuan sauce)
D - 1/3 package of mushroom & asparagus risotto frozen dinner + frozen green beans on a bed of kale
+ parfait (Greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, agave syrup, flax seed)
+ 6 ginger-lemon gummy candies

Happened upon a neighbor setting out for a walk at the same time I was, so we walked together and talked. Didn't go as far or walk as quickly as I usually do, but it was worth sacrificing for the companionship. :)

Diana3271
04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I hope I didn't miss anyone! If I did, welcome and we are glad to have you join us!

Misti I hope everything is going well for you. Sending gentle :hug: your way.

Chronostasis I love grocery shopping! Are you graduating in the next couple of weeks? Congrats on the 170's!

Ian I hope you can get a chance to do some tourist type stuff while in Turkey. Are you planning on trying any of the food? If you do, tell us about it and your thoughts. I like trying different types of foods. Shocking since I eat the same thing every day. :lol: Good luck with the after work events.

Radiojane What happened that your grandparents passed so close together. Was it just age? That has to be awful for your Mom. Sounds like you had plenty of fun with the kids this weekend. Good job maintaining during all the events.

Tinnykins Thank you. I hope you had a great day. I agree the calories really add up fast. DH just sat over here snacking while watching TV. He at another whole meal worth of calories while watching TV. Good job on the intense workout.

Alaskanlaughter It seems odd that you keep getting the same reading on the scale. Try the batteries to see what happens.

HungryHungryHippo I maintained for year without a problem. Then my Mom's situation sent my whole body out of whack. I think it would be worse if I didn't post every day. It keeps me on track and focused.

Magical I have heard of all sorts of smoothies, but I have never heard of celery and banana. I like celery. I am putting it (along with other veggies) in my morning omelet this week.

Psychic Ha Ha The body does that bloat thing on it's own whim. ;) I don't think we will ever figure all of it's reasons. Keep up the great work!

Wannabfitnessbuff Keep up the great work with Insanity. Good job on the loss!

Tdesrocher Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Candace Keep working on things. You will find a groove that works for you.

Free Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Keep working your plan and tweak it as you go along. You will get there. :hug:

100Mother Weekends can be rough. Just get right back to your plan. Sometimes people will eat a little lighter during the week and have a higher calorie day on the weekend.

Leighalittletyke Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Mamakat Are you having TTOM? :?: I thought you didn't have that due to surgery. Ugh! I have had anemia before due to TTOM. Not good. You have been through a lot. I agree, take it easy on yourself. Look at the crazy things my body has done. We will get there.

Zoesmom Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss!

Andi24 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Diana3271
04-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Total Approx 1480 Calories + :coffee:
I think TTOM is getting ready to rear it's ugly head. :devil:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled steak 400 calories
2 orders snow peas 200 calories
ricotta cheese 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves
TF Fire 45 w/weighted glvoes

DanielsGrl
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey guys! I figured this would be a good a thread as any to stop lurking and finally post. I'm Michelle. I'm also a Medifaster. Last Wednesday was my 7 week weigh in and I'm down 21 pounds -- and down from size 20 to size 16 (yay).

I am on workout 6 of 28 on my beginner to 5K workout program on my RunKeeper app. (burned 332 calories)

I always feel guilty on Monday's because of over the weekend eating out and (while making healthy choices) I fear I'm over eating because I can't bring my food scale in to restaurants with me, lol. So for that reason I only did MF Shakes today. So far I've had four and I will have one before bed.

For my lean and green tonight I made my boyfriend and I chicken parmsean bites (6 oz cooked) with baked snow peas (1 cup) and cucumbers (2). Yum.

:)

Diana3271
04-29-2013, 10:47 PM
DanielsGrl Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss so far. If you go to chain restaurants you can check nutritional info on their website. It's harder if you go to smaller restaurants.

Tuscany
04-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Hi! Today marks the end of Week 7 of my diet, and I'm very happy with my results to date. As for today:

Breakfast: Coffee (can't go without) and a protein shake
Lunch: Grilled chicken and steamed mixed veggies
Mid-afternoon snack: Protein bar
Supper: Baked salmon plus steamed cauliflower & broccoli, with a 50cal individual serving of plain vanilla Greek yoghurt for dessert
All day: About 2L of water

Exercise: Didn't do as much as I would have liked, since I was swamped at work and it was raining all day...but I managed to squeeze in 30 minutes on the treadmill when I got home.

Chronostasis
04-29-2013, 11:54 PM
@ Diana3271 - Thanks! Long story short, thanks to taxpayer money funding post-secondary enrollment options, I'm graduating from college this Friday, then from high school in another month. :D So two graduations, actually!

mamakat
04-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Diana definitely not from.ttom Without getting too graphic, I can say its not Celiac's related either. In 2010 after the hysterectomy we discovered unknown bleeding that was drainng me along with the uterus. Doctors finally chalked it up to non ulcer stress bleeding. I guess I'm stressed because I got sick again. Can't say for sure. Yeah its stressful, but I'm not putting stress on my body. Heck I've been sleeping more than anything. On the other hand,my body is going through a lot. The rapid weight gain is enough to stress me out :p Because of the Celiac's iron has been hard to absorb in the past, but I've been good so I'm hoping anemia won't be an issue. As always, I'll stay top of it.

Today's exercise turned out to be cleaning, including mopping. Poor dh isn't here to see. I feel accomplished. Did kept shouting for me to stop. She is worried I'm manic,but I feel fine. Sorry for weird auto corrections. Have a great note.

dday
04-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Hi! Today is my first day on this site, wanted to give it a try, maybe posting my daily activity will help me stick to it. I've been doing TurboFire these last couple of days.

Misti in Seattle
04-30-2013, 01:34 AM
Hi everyone. I'm back... home and doing well! Surgery is over with and I am doing great! Even able to eat some soup and toast earlier.

They took off 10 pounds so LOL I'll get to make a new ticker and finally get out of the 220s thread, ha ha

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Rose426
04-30-2013, 04:21 AM
I've never posted in these threads but Im hoping it will keep me accountable, bring it May! :)

magical
04-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Wow, Misti, I can't imagine 10lbs off! Lol, mine are small, very small :)

Diana, celery and banana smoothies are nice, my fav!

Hope everyone is doing well and hello to all the newbies.

IanG, have a safe trip to Turkey and back!

Today:
B: 2 cups of coffee w s/milk, Indian sweet
L: cereal, 2 tbs yogurt
D: slice of cheesecake, rib-eye steak, roast potatoes, salad

Misti in Seattle
04-30-2013, 05:54 AM
LOL magical... they said these were the biggest ones they had ever seen. I was really a mess! They put them in 1/2 gallon "buckets" to send to the lab, and they had to use two buckets! I have not actually seen them after the surgery, as I was extremely nauseated at first and they went ahead and put the bra contraption on me. :) To me I look totally flat chested but my friend said they are in there LOL just smashed down a lot with the sports bra and bandages. :)

And I can BREATHE... in fact when I breathe deeply my lungs kind of hurt as that part of them has not had much use!! They were really miserable! I can't wait until I am now able to wear nice clothes and a swimsuit, etc.

:rain:

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 07:10 AM
I can't believe you are home, Misti! I thought you'd be in the hospital a couple of days! I did chuckle at your 2 buckets of boobs. :) So happy everything went well, take good care of yourself! And yay to 10lbs!!! :hug:

Psychic
04-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Misti - Glad to hear that everything went well.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Yesterday's Calories: 1631
Today's Weight: 179.2

Okay. I really need to stop being constipated and bloated and get this pound and a half back off. *grumbles* Its getting irritating.

Misti in Seattle
04-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks Elvis and psychic. And elvis K was not in the hospital at all. My surgeon has his own clinic so my friend brought me home afterward and is here.

I am in surprisingly little pain so doing well.

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1480 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.2 (TTOM)
Down: .2

TTOM started for me last night. I am truly amazed that I lost .2 because of how swollen and bloated I felt when I woke. But of course, I will take it. I'm not sure how everyone counts their losses for the month. Do you end it today or tomorrow? If I use today as the stopping point I am down 2.8 pounds for the month. I still consider this basically as maintaining since I have been so up and down the last year and I haven't gotten back to this years low of 157.2 from March.

Misti Thank you for checking in. I am so glad you are doing well from the surgery.

:welcome2: to all the newbies! I will check back in and do personals later.

mamakat
04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Good morning,

I maintained the month of April. I'm counting it as a victory.

Diana. DS stole my Wii again, but I wanted to take advantage of my clean floor so I tried Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walk. I bombed at one and a half. She's way too fast for me :lol: but now I feel a challenge has been made. Next time I won't wear oversized sweats. I think I burned just as many calories trying to keep my pants on :lol:

I hope everyone has great day.

100Mother
04-30-2013, 12:13 PM
That IS a victory mamakat, you have had some amazing weight loss!

Congrats to everyone for keeping at it, and welcome newcomers!

Yesterday Recap...

Exercise - 33 Min Elliptical
Food Plan -
Breakfast: Juice, Yogurt, 2 cups coffee (260 Calories)
Lunch: Microwave Lean Cuisine (260 Calories)
Snack: Low Fat Gardetos (200 Calories)
Dinner: Turkey, Sauteed Mushrooms & Spinach, Brussel Sprouts (350 Calories)
Dessert: Ice Cream (290 Calories)
TOTAL CALORIES: 1360
[OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I STAYED IN MY CALORIE LIMIT!!!!)

Today's Weight: 250

Today is going to be another great day! I went to the gym this morning, did 20 minutes on the ellpitical plus some weights. Meal Plan right now is breakfast was bacon wrapped asparagus (~300cals), 2 cups coffee (~100 cals), lunch is leftovers from yesterday (~350cals), dinner is going to be a big salad (~500 cals). That leaves me with a couple hundred calories for a snack this afternoon! Oh man, this feels good!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

alaskanlaughter
04-30-2013, 12:28 PM
so my evening last night was spent trying to fix my iphone....I plugged it into my laptop, which is a new computer, to do an OS update and it promptly crashed the entire phone and I had to go through a whole restore process and everything...luckily I had done a backup and can put the apps n stuff back on there but it took me HOURSSSS to get it all restored n stuff...what a pain!! and I use that phone for Everything including a huge amount of work stuff

on the laptop iTunes refuses to sync to the phone and says my phone is synced to another library (possibly because it used to be plugged into my old computer??) i'm not sure...I don't know enough about technology to figure that one out

this morning I head straight from work to meetings to gym and back to work...I went slightly over calories yesterday....im considering trying to go with "clean eating" for awhile...not sure how motivated I really am for that LOL but I like the idea

misti thinking of you!!!

Radiojane
04-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Misti Yay!!! That's probably the easiest ten pounds you've lost, even with the ordeal of surgery! I cannot wait to have mine reduced. I've lost over 100 pounds and only a few inches in band size, no actual cup change. They're ridiculous! Glad you're feeling ok!

Diana It was mostly age. My grandfather was only 80 (only!), but he had Alzheimer's for years, so he was pretty much gone. He developed some sort of infection in December of 2011 and died in January. Grandma was 87 and she was so frail, had been for a long time, with a really bad heart. I think she held on just for grandpa and then just slipped away. It was a very difficult period; Both my uncles were out of the country when grandpa died, and my mom was left making all the arrangements for the funeral, then shortly afterwards my sister in law was hospitalized two hours from home due to placenta previa and a high risk of losing my youngest nephew. My mom had to move in there and take care of the older two boys. Grandma ended up dying 4 days before Charlie was born -more than six weeks premature. It was a long 6 months for everyone.

Insert generic "I'm losing the will to diet" statement here. This stall has gone on forever. And I now have a cold to boot. My VP of leasing should be here this afternoon, the wedding prep is getting to the "new text message from the bride every five minutes" stage, and I'm fighting with my boyfriend. So when I stepped on the scale this morning and I was sitting at 380 (1.6 pound jump, which will inevitably disappear then reappear the day after tomorrow, I was not particularly happy with dieting. My calories were high yesterday though, and that's all my fault. I slipped because I'm discouraged. No more! Courage Camille! On ward and down ward!

Yesterday Calories In:2200
Spinach salad
cheddar cheese
chocolate with sea salt
garlic sausage
chicken legs
spinach salad
green beans

Calories out: 428
25 Minute Swim.

leighalittletyke
04-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Today was laundry day for me which is the biggest challenge of the week. I drive by 2 fast places to and from the laundromat and there's a snack machine there. I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack because laundry is fast food day lol. But I made it out alive!

This morning was leftovers for breakfast. Steamed salmon. I wasn't too hungry so I gave what I didn't eat to Beggar McFatCat.
Lunch was an herbalife cookies and creme shake with skim milk, a scoop of protein, and a scoop of peanut butter. I didn't feel like cooking.
Dinner will probably be steamed/grilled chicken with a salad and some mixed veggies.

Exercise - my first real day of Insanity. Yesterday was the fit test but I'm still sore all over.

wannaBfitnessbuff
04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Diana- thanks! I forgot to mention before how cute those outfits were. New cloths are so fun when they feel good on you :). I'm a little scared to go shopping after my last trip (done at my high weight and a big encouragement to get the weightloss wagon hitched up and ready to roll).

Alaskan- I would think something was fishy too. My weight also can fluctuate a few pounds in a single day. Do you have a scale at the gym you can test on? Of course with cloths item won't be your real lighter weight. But you can see if its staying the same and have some idea if something's up.

Misti- I'm happy for you that your feeling good. What an exciting time!

Radiojane- you've had a two week stall and you haven't thrown in the towel and gained weight back. In book that pretty incredible. You can so this. You deserve it. I'm in awe of you, stalk or no stall. Losing eight is VERY hard and you've been doing so well. AND you've been stuck but your still here. That's a victory in itself.

Still loving "insanity". Had the recovery workout yesterday and my legs are so sore. Not as sweat inducing, but he sure has you hold squats and lunges a LONG time.

A friends birthday is tonight so I ill probably inbibe in a beverage. I think ill get dinner prepped ahead so that its ready to throw I the oven for dinner tonight. I know me and afternoons out are a dangerous time eating wise. Nights with social engagement are te night we order pizza or pickup papa Murphy's.

Welcome to all the newbies and hope everyone's having a good day.

IanG
04-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Up 0.4lbs today. I always gain on Tuesdays!

BIG night out last night. Bowling and beer followed by a Lebanese restuarant and more drink. So I got up early again this morning and went to the gym for an hour and fifteen to try and make a dent in the damage. Worked out very hard. Tried some new machines such as the Smiths machine.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar. 1 low calorie protein shake.

Lunch: Medium salad - egg, chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, corn, black beans, chick peas, mushrooms, cottage cheese, green pepper, beets, cucumber, quinoa, nuts, squash.

Dinner: Beer. Green Flash Palate Wrecker.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work. 1 hour and fifteen at the gym. Will walk half an hour back home this evening.

I hope the scale gets back with the program tomorrow!

suzukigurl
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone :wave:
Well it's been a busy few days working a lot of hours and testing my new eating habits at work and visiting my parents. All in all everything went great! I think the biggest challenge was Sunday at my parents house. They made hotdogs hamburgers and sausage on the grill, as well as all the good pasta salads and chips to go with it. I ate a hamburger no bun and passed on all the salads and chips and went with the fresh fruit. I didn't feel deprives one bit!!!
I am feeling great and my clothes are starting to fit better which is awesome! Hope everyone is having a great weeks so far!

Starting Weight: 285
Current Weight: 268 -0.5

alaskanlaughter
04-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Well the scale moved to 182.4 today so maybe it's not broken after all....Ive just NEVER seen my body stick to one exact number for so very long and not even fluctuate...I'm still not sure about that lol

Tinnykins
04-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks Dianne!
Actually, I noticed that my metabolism is much more noticeably faster these days. It's an incredible feeling.

Breakfast (400)
1 plate of strawberries
1 croissant sandwich (cheese and an egg)

Lunch (450)
1 california roll
1 yogurt

Dinner (450)
1/4 serving of salmon
2 thin slices of lamb
1/3 cup of rice
1 smoothie (pineapples, honeydew, cantaloupe)

hmmm
looks like I am eating better.

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 10:05 PM

Tuscany Hi and Welcome to the check-In! :wave: Congrats on your weight loss.

Chronostasis Wow! Congrats on two graduations! :bravo:

Mamakat The part time guy that works for us has some sort of bleeding going on. On Thursday he is having a colonoscopy, upper and lower GI. They mentioned cancer or bleeding ulcer. I am hoping it's an ulcer. Leslie is good and can get a good sweat going! I like that challenge for you! I know you can do it! Great job maintaining. You could always steal the Wii back, :lol: and hide it!

dday Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss. I love Turbo Fire!

Rose426 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss.

Magical When I lost my weight . . . The boobage left the building! :lol: I love your dinner from yesterday. :drool:

Elvislover Hi :wave:

Psychic Sorry about the digestion issues. Hang in there.

Misti I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and not in much pain.

100Mother Congrats on staying in your calorie limit! :carrot: I hope it was another good one for you!

Radiojane Keep working your plan and workouts. Do the best you can with all the events that are going on. Maintaining is so much better than rapid gaining. I am all too familiar with that given my history. You, hang in there.

Leighalittletyke Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: I did Insanity! It's tough.

Wannabfitnessbuff Thank you about the outfits. I remember sweating buckets just during the Insanity warm up. The warm up is a workout!

Ian Don't forget that you can also hold onto water weight with the more intense workouts you are doing. Have you gotten sore yet?

Suzukigurl Good job at the cookout and for seeing progress with your clothes fitting better.

Alaskanlaughter Did you change the batteries in the scale? :?:

Tinnykins A faster metabolism is good! :D Good job with your food choices.

Misti in Seattle
04-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone!

It is fun to be able to kick back and read up on your posts a bit again. I still get tired so don't stay on the computer long but so far this recovery is far easier than I anticipated.

My friend made butternut squash stuffed ravioli with butternut squash soup as the "dressing" -- and fresh asparagus for dinner. YUM

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 10:08 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breasts 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
raw sugar snap peas 100 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#12's + #1 weighted gloves

I don't know why I have such a mental block with the 12's. I can lift them. I wanted to try this combo today. I missed a few reps of the overhead presses, but that's it. I am weaker in the shoulder area so that is understandable. Right now, my plan for May is to continue to do the same rotation that I did for April. I will alternate cardio and Project You. I am going to try to continue with the same weights as above and have that as my goal. We'll see how it goes.

IanG
04-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Have you gotten sore yet?

Thanks Diana. And, yes. After the first two times at the gym I was sore. But it is much better going now. Just a little sore, which is good.

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks Diana. And, yes. After the first two times at the gym I was sore. But it is much better going now. Just a little sore, which is good.

That's great! The first time I worked out at the gym I couldn't walk, literally. :lol: DH and I came home from the gym and we got cleaned up to go out to dinner. He had to hold my hands and steady me as I walked down the steps, one leg, then the other very slowly. My legs were like jello and I didn't have much control over them. The next morning I was completely frozen. DH had to help get me out of bed. I was in a program at the time for overweight people. I don't think the trainers realized how out of shape and overweight we were. :lol: I survived, though.

Misti You are doing awesome and I am so glad to hear it. I hope things continue to go in a positive direction for you. You might be out shopping for the weekend! :D

Chronostasis
04-30-2013, 10:48 PM
B - large mango + parfait (greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, flax seed, stevia, agave syrup)
L - 1 package Indian vegetable korma frozen dinner
D - large salad (kale, sweet potato, chicken, dried cranberries)
+ few small pieces of candy (2 mints, 7 black licorice, dried papaya)
+ large granny smith apple

At first I thought I had eaten too much today, but then I calculated up an estimate and it was just fine. Feel like I'm on a bit of a sugar kick.
Didn't get in my daily walk :(. I needed to go grocery shopping instead.

Oh, and I had an interview today. Got hired for my summer job!

Diana3271
04-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Oh, and I had an interview today. Got hired for my summer job!

Congrats on the job! What will you be doing?

DanielsGrl
04-30-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm feeling so grumpy today and didn't run which I know would help cheer me up. I did good with my food though. Got all my MF meals in and had a nice salmon ceaser salad for lunch.

I HAVE to get better with my work out discipline. Running is so fun and easy and going to the gym requires one extra turn before going home...just didn't make that turn today.

Chronostasis
04-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Congrats on the job! What will you be doing?I'll be working as a college-level math tutor for the local college's Math Lab. :)

HungryHungryHippo
05-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Misti!! Just realized it’s Tuesday, and came on here specifically to see how you’re doing!! SO glad it all went well, and down 10 pounds on top of it?! Yay!!
Hi Tanya, and welcome!! 39 pounds? Wow—that’s like 4 sizes, if not more!! Hey Candace—I LOVE butternut soup!! Soda isn’t so bad, calorie-wise, if you drink diet (I know, I know, chemicals! ;-) but the diet Mountain Dew and diet Sunkist are REALLY good—you wouldn’t even know the dif!)
Ian—Turkey? I have a friend from there, who says it is so great!! Want to hear more!!
MamaKat—don’t know your exact details, but my best friend dealt with something similar—AND you are honing your body at the same time—impressive!!
AlaskanLaughter—yay on the loss!!
RadioJane—maybe just relax with all the wedding festivities, then set a 5-pound goal after?

Saw someone today who hasn’t seen me since I lost the weight. It was nice. 

magical
05-01-2013, 05:22 AM
Quick and brief recording this time - no chance to read through posts yet.

B: coffee (x2), cereal
L: Restaurant meal with tiramisu for dessert (stuffed!)
D: tea w s/milk and honey

E: 30 mins cross trainer

mamakat
05-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Okay, my calves are killing me and I have no idea why. Could it be walking with Leslie? Since losing the weight off my feet I've been dealing with a lot of ball and toe pain...like I'm walking on the bones, too. I thought I had that covered with the shoes, but this morning that part of my foot hurts too :( Calves bother me more though.

After not being able to finish the first video, I went up stairs and changed into proper workout clothes (ie. yoga pants and tank top) then I found a shorter video. I knocked it out of the park. So in all I got in 36 mins of walking and 2.5 miles. My norm is double that when walking outside, but I don't work out my arms. That's what was wearing me out :lol: My heart was like, "can we stop?". :p

Diana I had all those tests, twice! I even got to swallow a camera (pill size). Not one stupid thing was found. I like to stump the doctors, make them work for their money! :lol: I hope your pt employee is okay, it's scary stuff. As you know, all of my family died of cancer so we've braced up for the inevitable...so far one hit (uterus) and a scare (breast). I'm pretty sure it's bound to strike again. My uncle got bladder cancer then died within in 4 months...now if I even twinge with pain, I'm freaking out :p

Hungry I take a page from my MIL. This woman kept getting hit with cancer, but never once did she stop...bowling, social gatherings, hostess with the mostess. Her last bout, we thought for sure, she'd slow down. Nope, she never let it stop her, until one day she went in for a check-up and fell asleep while waiting...never woke back up. She was tired, but a true storm trooper in my book. I want to be like her. Sure, it's hard, but I don't want people to remember me as ALWAYS sick (I do have bad days) I want them to remember, even on a bad day, I danced to music and was determined. My MIL was a great mom (in her own way) and I want to be one of the best, in mine. So I must be a role model worth modeling after :D

Misti if I haven't said this yet, First, sorry I'm late in saying it and Second, I'm so glad you are home and healing nicely. Wow 10lbs. Amazing. I bet your back feels the difference.

Ian awesome on the gym and the walking to and from work, wow that's a great day in exercise. How does your wife handle two weeks of you being gone? I freak if it's more than 5 days. Once it was 7 and I was near bonkers and my house wasn't any better. When DH is away, Kat will destroy things. Once I knocked down our railing which of course I need to get up and down stairs, boy was he mad. :D

Not sure what today's plan is for exercise. I think my DH is coming home sometime tonight so I want to make sure to touch up my cleaning :rofl: I want him to see all my hard housewife work. My therapist was shocked to hear I cleaned. She asked all the loaded questions to make sure I wasn't manic. I'm sleeping so I know I'm fine. I said that in therapy and she raised her eyebrow...if I'm manic, I'll say the same thing :D I feel fine, look at all the stuff I got done, who needs sleep? By day 4 of that though, I start freaking out and so does the house. How can you be cleaning at 4 in the morning? When was the last time you sat down? Have you slept yet? So far, DD is the only one complaining about my cleaning. It's not normal, You're not acting normal? Are you doing dishes? STOP. :lol: That's funny. I'm a housewife who doesn't do housewife things and when I do, it freaks people out...maybe I'll go grocery shopping! LOL, no I am not that crazy :D

Have a wonderful and healthy day, everyone

Diana3271
05-01-2013, 08:13 AM

Weigh In: 158.2 (TTOM)
No Change

No change on the scale is good since I woke up feeling sooo bloated from TTOM. I hope something has regulated and it's not as long as it has been. :crossed:

Psychic
05-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Finally back down to where I should be. I am hoping to reach 174 by the end of this month.

Yesterday's Calories: 1325
Today's Calories: 178.2

elvislover324
05-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Elvislover Hi :wave:

Hi Diana!! :wave:

And hi, everyone else!! :wave:

Usually I just lurk but I had to reach out to Misti yesterday. :D

suzukigurl
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Good Morning everyone:coffee:

So happy to be enjoying this beautiful day off from work. I had a long haul the last 5 days and back to work tomorrow but I am grateful for my job and love what I do so it's all good!!! As soon as my son gets home from preschool I plan on heading out to the forest preserve to walk some trails (one of my most favorite things to do I might add) Yesterday was a great day, I did struggle with the "hungries" at bed time but opted to grab a bottle of water and just get my butt in bed. I swear I need a lock on our fridge after 8 at night, it has to be the hardest time for me in the beginning of my change in eating habits. The good new is the night time cravings tend to go away after a few weeks of eating well and cutting the crap out of my diet. I can tell it's getting better already, but still the time of the day i struggle with the most.

Starting weight 285
Current weight 267.5
I was -0.5lbs this morning :carrot:

I really want to thank everyone for the support I receive here. It's so great to find a group of people who know and understand the changes I am going trough and reading many of the posts here give me that little extra boost I need going from day to day!

alaskanlaughter
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
good morning :) another busy day....I am at work at 7 a.m. and then im headed to a meeting, then the gym, then a field trip, and then work all afternoon....and its pouring rain...our lawn is filled with puddles and moss LOL

Radiojane
05-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Down 1.3 today. Still wavering in that 2-3 pound range I've been in for weeks, but I was sure my pity party pasta salad and the ice cream I had for dessert last night was going to tip me over 180 this morning. Yay for little victories!

Today marks 9 full months on plan. Screw ups and cheats and breaks for sure, but 9 months without giving up. That's huge for me, and recognizing that is keeping me motivated. I'm going to keep my calories in check throughout the day so that the restaurant meal for the AGM (I don't get to pick what I eat) doesn't tip me over, and in addition to my morning swim (which is no fun with a cold), I'm going to take my Jillian DVD to my SIL's over lunch and try to do it while I watch the kids (they usually play pretty good with minimal supervision). Yoga got cancelled Monday, but I can make the Thursday class, and I already have an "attack plan" to handle the booze and food for the shower and bachelorette.

One minor wrinkle is that my BF has to write a power engineering test about 5 hours away next week and I want to go with him. We'll be gone for a few days, and could even swing into Edmonton. I have family in the town that he writes in and I'd like to see them. The hotel I booked has a pool and a gym, so I just have to plan the food carefully, but I see it as a challenge more than a problem. Usually road trips are just an excuse to gorge for me, and it ends up effecting my wallet and my waistline. (We spent two weeks driving through the US and up to NB and back last summer and it became a tour of fast food places we didn't have at home). This will be a test run for my week long adventure with my friend in September.

Dress alteration appointment tomorrow. It's very embarrassing to me that it's tight in the belly. It's not like it's fitted :(

Yesterday Calories In: 1950
Broccoli
Cauliflower
greek dressing
cheddar cheese
hard boiled egg
spinach salad
diced chicken
salmon
gluten free pasta salad
ice cream

Yesterday Calories out:515
30 Minute Swim

Today's weight:377.2

leighalittletyke
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Yesterday was going well until the Little Man went to bed. The BF and I decided to play video games and without thinking about it I habitually started snacking. On a couple pop-tarts and a box of Mac and Cheese.... So yea, I'm pretty disappointed. BUT! With small defeats small victories will arise. I'm going out of town tonight for work and I know my co-workers will help keep me on track, they're all pretty health and fitness oriented so at least I'll have some RL support along with the 3FCspiration I get here!

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled. Cooked in olive oil.

We're going shopping today on the strip so I'll get something light for lunch. We'll be walking a lot and I know that will keep something healthy to eat in the front of my mind.

Dinner - I'm thinking of making a big salad topped with grilled chicken and a hard boiled egg.

Workout - Insanity, Cardio Power and Resistance. It sucked, I loved it, I hated it, I'm sore. But I'm glad I did it.

IanG
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
We have mice so I will be buying traps tonight.

In other news...

Up 1.6lbs today. OMG. I think this is water retention from the gym. MAD.

I am having a day off from the gym today. I hear it is good to let your muscles recover so I am planning to go three times a week instead of my original five. Back tomorrow morning for one last blast before I fly to Turkey on Friday, arriving at the weekend and hopefully picking up where I left off at the hotel gym.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar.

Lunch: Medium salad - egg, tuna, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, corn, black beans, green beens, radish, mushrooms, cottage cheese, green pepper, beets, cucumber, strawberry, apple, bulgar wheat, nuts, brussel sprouts.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work. Will walk half an hour back home this evening.

What will the scale do tomorrow?

Mamakat, my wife handles me gone for two weeks in a bitter sweet kind of way. It is tough for her with the two twins and the worry is that she or one of them will get sick which would create chaos. But without me around she also gets the TV to herself and none of my funny ways! And, yes, when things get broken I get mad too!

Hungryhungryhippo, thanks and I will keep you posted. Perhaps even with pictures! Let's hope I can stay OP. Food choices are going to be tough.

Syckgirlsfv
05-01-2013, 02:47 PM
:wave: Hi everybody! I simply can't do personals...I am at work and would love to but I DO have work to do! :o

Rode bikes with hubby for an hour and 15 minutes last night...had a few shots of Sailor Jerry, which I sort of wish I wouldn't have, but it hasn't derailed me at all. 160 even this morning. The fact that I'm now that weight continually means I'm headed in the right direction, because a couple weeks ago I was hitting 160 some days, but most days I was around 162 or 163 (up and down with water weight). So now I'm hitting 159 sometimes, meaning it seems that a few pounds have dropped! :carrot:

breakfast - greek yogurt with splenda, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and 15 almonds
a.m. snack - mini babybel light
lunch - leftover pressure cooker chicken breast w/mushroom soup gravy
p.m. snack - celery w/jalapeno greek yogurt dip

we're having salmon stuffed with feta and spinach from Fresh and Easy tonight, and I'm going to cook some asparagus as well. Heading to the gym after work to do chest and back, so no bike ride :(

I saw a cucumber/banana smoothie mentioned in passing a few posts back...can somebody share the recipe with me? Sounds nice :D

mamakat
05-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Okay, I opted for destroy and conquer. Now when dh gets home, not only will it be clean, I repainted the dining room a sedate sand color from bright Tuscany orange. I had to paint three coats, one gray primer to hide that orange. I want to spray paint the outlet covers black, but the switches would still be white. Either way I've got to clean the plates because I suck at painting. So I'd say pretty good on the exercise. I'll let you know what dh thinks about our sandy dining area.

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Hey all. It looks like most everyone is doing pretty well. I am still striggling to eat what I am supposed to eat throughout the day. I just dont feel hungry in the morning. Though on the program for "insanity" I need to be eating 5 healthy meals a day. Now maybe not being hungry in the day time would be fine if I didnt get ravenous and overdo it every night at dinner. I have stayed ok on calories since I'm eating so little in the day time, and since my calorie allotment is so high at 1960. Should I set an alarm on my phone and just force myself to eat? It seems so counter intutitive. But I need to quit eating so much right before I am going to bed.

Another thing that is strange for me is that I am craving sweet stuff. I know that is not strange for most people. But I rarely want anything sweet. I am a salty/ fried food craver all the way. I have been buying dannon light and fit yogurt and eating fruit like pineapple strawberries and bananas dipped in it instead of eating with a spoon. I klnow there are far worse things to be eating, but I just find it strange that I want sweet so much these last few days. Maybe my body is trying to tell me something?

Anyways. Thats my check in. I'm off the get somefood in my belly and then do insanity in an hour or so after. I feel I cant tackle it without a little more fuel....

alaskanlaughter
05-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Diana yesterday I didn't take the 5htp and just took the inositol...I slept pretty good with just one period of waking up and having difficulty falling back asleep but I think it wasn't as bad as when I took 5htp AND inositol at the same time...I took just inositol again today, I think it helps the food urges better than 5htp...so we'll see

its been a busy day and im at work for the afternoon now...it is pouring buckets of rain out there and has been all day, plus 30mph winds...yuckkk...I had a good workout...the scale dropped to 181.2 today but i'm not sure if it's really me or just a funky scale....but I KNOW my body is smaller so perhaps it just took the scale a really long time to catch up??....but then again, I weighed 180 a few months ago before I started using HIIT running to really make my body smaller...weirdddd

100Mother
05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi all. Sounds like everyone is doing well and keeping at it!

Radiojane - just wanted to offer some encouragement on the dress thing. Doesn't matter how the dress hugs your body, you are going to look good and have SO much fun in it. *hugs*

So today has gone well so far, though I'm hitting a wall right now and I'm about to have to go into a 2 hour meeting where I have to take minutes. We usually have this meeting in the morning, and my brain is feeling fried. So I thought..."Hm, maybe I need a snack to wake me up!" LOL, the logic of a compulsive overeater. I got some trailmix and a diet coke. Ate all the trailmix when I probably should have only had half at most, but I will still end up in my caloric range tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow...I'm going to ride my bike to work for the first time. BUT, I really really want to go to the spin class tomorrow at my gym. And I know how I could do it. Leave at 4:45 AM on my bike, do the spin class at 5:30 AM, and then finish riding to work after that. That will be 2 hours of cycling, plus the ride home after work. I can safely say that will be 36 miles.

IF I actually get up and do that (honestly, it scares me), I am going to increase my caloric intake to 1500-1800 calories and have a peanut butter banana sandwich for breakfast. Ug, WHY am I nervous about it? I KNOW I can do it!

Okay, going to stop blabbing now and try to wake up for this meeting.

Current Weight - 249.6
Total Lost - 2.5 lbs
Yesterday's Caloric Intake - ~1350
Yesterday's Exercise - 20min elliptical, 15 minute weight lifting

Have a great night all!

Chronostasis
05-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Radiojane You go, girl! 9 months? That's very impressive. You should be proud.
(out of curiosity, are you gluten free? I noticed the GF pasta yesterday.)

B - 3 crowns of steamed broccoli florets, 1 medium red grapefruit, 1 large granny smith apple
L - 1 cup of chocolate "pudding" (plain nonfat greek yogurt, rice milk, cocoa powder, stevia)
D - 1 medium [slightly underripe] banana with almond butter + 1 raw orange bell pepper stuffed with garlic hummus, lean deli turkey, and paprika
+ ~300-350 kcal of homemade flourless peanut butter cookies
+ 2 glasses flavored mineral water
+ 1 tablespoon fish oil

Definitely on a sugar kick. Did some damage with the cookies today (they were small, so it was too easy to keep grabbing one or two every time I walked past), but nothing irreparable.
Need to eat better tomorrow, dairy and processed sugar does nothing good for my cramps.
Also got in a walk today, albeit shorter than usual and begrudgingly on my body's part. Honestly it was an accomplishment to get out of bed today; 1st-2nd day of TTOM is the worst.

Radiojane
05-01-2013, 08:16 PM
100 mother Thanks! I know I'll look MUCH MUCH better than I would have 100 pounds ago!

Chronostasis I am gluten free as much as possible, although bread based products are generally my "cheat". My boyfriend was told to go on a paleo diet to counteract some health problems, and we do it together.

Tinnykins
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Breakfast (400)
1 cup of mushrooms
3 sausage links
Lots of strawberries
Some watermelon

Lunch (250)
1 california roll

Snack (200)
Green tea Bing soo
(split with two other friends)

Dinner (300)
1 chicken breast
Small serving of salad with red beans and feta cheese
1 plate of honeydew/cantaloupe/pineapple

TOTAL 1150

whooo
plus I worked out at the swimming pool today ^^

Tuscany
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Breakfast (220): Coffee & protein shake
Lunch (300): Baked chicken breast & steamed veggies
Snack (200): Protein bar
Supper (360): Baked salmon & steamed veggies, plus individual serving of Greek yoghurt

Total 1080 calories...less than normal, but it was a busy day and I just wasn't hungry. Exercise went ok, but also less than normal. I did my usual 1.5 mile jog/power walk, a short 10-minute weight-lifting workout, and 50 squats as I started Day 1 of the Squat Challenge. But then I stubbed my toe and I'm now limping, which has put an end to any further exercise for today. Hopefully it will be better in the morning.

Diana3271
05-01-2013, 09:07 PM

Danielsgrl Good job with your food plan. Keep working on the workouts. You will get into a habit.

Chronostasis You obviously love math! That should be a good fit for you. I hope it works out well for you and you enjoy your work. I know the students you tutor will appreciate your help.

HungryHungryHippo I know you got compliments from the person you saw. :carrot:

Magical Is "cross trainer" a workout or a machine? :?:

Mamakat Great job on the workout! You took that challenge! ;) Leslie definitely works the upper body and lower body. She has some workouts that use light weights for the upper body, too. Today pt employee had to take the prep drink and tomorrow he will take the test. He is a real joker. We called him and asked him if he was still full of sheet. :rofl: He said little by little he is ridding himself of it. :lol: I hope everything is OK with him.

Psychic Is that you in the new avatar? Whoever it is, they are beautiful.

Elvislover I want to give you a little :cheer: with all the hard work you have done. Keep working it.

Suzukigurl Congrats on the .5! Have you tried the brushing your teeth technique? It does seem to help. I don't snack at night, but during hormonal times I want to eat 24/7. Once I brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. my mind is getting ready for bed. It kinda changes the whole mindset.

Alaskanlaughter I hope your day went well.

Radiojane Great job on the 1.3 pounds. Congratulations on the 9 months of sticking with it. :carrot: It is very hard and you are doing it! :bravo:

Leighalittletyke I agree with your thoughts on Insanity. It's everything all rolled into one. :lol:

Ian Do you have a workout routine that you are following?

Syckgirlsfv Great job on your workout last night! I would love it if DH and I could do something like that. DH has no interest.

Wannabfitnessbuff I think you are craving carbs due to Insanity. Try to up your protein. Do you like Greek yogurt? Maybe you can sub that for the Dannon and it will help some.

100Mother Good luck with the bike tomorrow! You can do it!

Tinnykins Good job with your food and exercise!

Tuscany I hope your toe is better tomorrow.

Diana3271
05-01-2013, 09:15 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Steak 500 calories

Exercise:
LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

IanG
05-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Diana, at the moment I just do a whole body workout that my friend showed me comprising almost everything. However, each time I go I watch other people for new exercises and sometimes add these as well. I also bought an app on my phone that shows me new ones.

My plan is to stick with the same routine for 6-8 weeks and then change it.

I'm thinking using my gym "rest days" to start doing a Couch to 5k. That means running! But that will need to wait until after Turkey. I might, however, give day 1, week 1 a try on Friday just before I fly. I expect it could hurt!

HungryHungryHippo
05-02-2013, 01:40 AM
RadioJane—Yay 1.3!! Which Jillian DVD are you doing? I’m on 6-week Six pack. I’ve been doing it a lot longer than six weeks, now, but I kinda like that that means it’s gotten easy! ;-)

Tomorrow I am going to see my GP to get the all-clear for cosmetic surgery on the 15th. I haven’t seen him in about a year and a half, so he should be impressed how fit I have gotten. On the other hand, my BMI is a little low. It was an accident—in trying to stabilize, I accidentally lost a little more weight, after I reached goal. But I am enjoying having a fat-free belly for the first time in my whole life. I am hoping he doesn’t throw up any roadblocks, like telling me I have to gain weight, first. I eat healthy, and about 1200-1500 calories a day, and feel like I have built a lovely house of cards, but changing plan would be like telling an alcoholic to start adding back a few drinks a week. IOW, don’t rock my boat. Besides, I have 3 different friends who never had weight problems in their whole lives, who each gained like 40 pounds when they hit menopause. I’m HAPPY to have a little buffer, as I get closer. We shall see.

magical
05-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Diana, cross trainer = the one where you can move the arms and legs as well? Elliptical, is that it? Lol, I saw someone wrote "cross-trainer" in one of the posts on this forum and thought it sounded right :o

Hungryhippo, good luck with getting the all-clear! Hope your GP won't make you change your diet/eating habits. What kind of cosmetic surgery you getting?

Chronostasis, I'm like you, hate TTOM because I get really bloated. Thank god I ditched the scales because I know I would have put on.

100Mother, good luck with the bike ride - 4.45am?? Wow and wow again!

Alaskanlaughter, I love HIIT! I do it on my cross-trainer (er, hope that's what it's called anyway).

WannaBfitnessbuff, is it possible to eat less meals on Insanity? Can't you eat 3 big meals rather than 5 so that you are following your natural appetite?

Radiojane, congratulations on 9 months!!

Good luck with your goals, everyone! I've missed some posts I know. Thank you Diana for all your personal messages.

B: coffee, banana and celery smoothie
L: huge chinese takeaway, coffee
D: green tea

E: 30 mins walking

mamakat
05-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Good Morning,

I might be manic after all, we'll have to see the next couple of days. So I finished cleaning up my paint mess then I had DD hang up her art (she does chalk art) which contrast against the sand color beautifully. Then we hung up my hats. While doing this I made so many plans for what I'm going to do next. I waited up for DH to return home. The last pic he saw was on Facebook when the kitchen was gray, so I wanted to see his surprise. He got home at 2am then we chatted as I pointed out everything I did and wanted to do. He got depressed more than pleased. I knew it would happen. He always "encourages" me to finish projects I've started especially if I've destroyed something and it needs to be repaired. But seeing the work I did made him feel like he doesn't do enough around the house. We are fixing this monster up little by little, but he also runs his own company. I can only do things like paint or spackle, but not much more than that. So of course the big stuff gets put on hold. I was saying I could make some of it look better (tile flooring) by painting the wood gray until he could finish. That depressed him more. He okay'd it, relunctantly. He said he should just finish the tile. I said he should finish the wall I knocked down with my big butt three years ago. I prepped the wall and we got the new stuff to put up. Once that's done, I can paint there as well and I'd be out of his way for tiling. He just groaned. I suggested we go to bed. But I couldn't sleep. I want to get going on the kitchen. I goltta wait for the store to open. I need cleaning supplies (something I never buy :lol:)

Diana The one thing I hated most was the liquid. DH says his partner had stuff that didn't taste so bad. All I know at the end of the day, I was struggling to keep it down so that it could finish going out. Bluck, give me the actual test any day over that nasty stuff. I hope your employee is okay.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

Psychic
05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Diana - Yeah, that's me. Thank you. I took this last month before I cut about 5 inches off my hair.

Yesterday's Calories: 1405
Today's Weight: 177.4 :)

Dropped down to 177. :)

Diana3271
05-02-2013, 08:11 AM

Weigh In: 158 (TTOM)

Amazing! Especially during TTOM and me feeling so swollen and bloated when I wake up.

Misti Checking on you! I hope you are still doing well.

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-02-2013, 11:55 AM
radiojane-9 months is a huge reason to celebrate. Congrats!
leigh- oh my gosh I had a night like that this lady week too. Hubby wanted pizza. So we get papa Murphy's delight. I ended up eating half the pizza. Blech! At least I felt crappy the next day. In the old days I could put food away like that and then feel just fine.

I am determined to make it to the gym today! Since doing "insanity" I haven't lifted weights at all. I still can't do real push-ups. I want to keep lifting arms chest and back. Though I don't think in going to try to do legs while doing insanity. I feel my legs get such a good workout anyways.

My calories last night were 1981, so I went 21 calories over my goal.

Hope everyone's days is looking great.

HungryHungryHippo
05-02-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm SO excited and happy--my appt with my GP went just fine, and I got the all-clear for surgery! I'm going to have a brow lift. When I turned 40, my eyebrows fell, and it makes me look angry and tired all the time. It's a really simple procedure, just a dotted line behind the hairline, but should make a big difference. :-)

Radiojane
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Hungry I'm doing Ripped in 30. Or will be doing it. Suffice to say my nephews didn't let me get into it yesterday!

The last tooth I have to come out is aggravating me today, and I'm hoping that it stays under control throughout the weekend. I couldn't schedule it's extraction any earlier than next week, and it took so long for the swelling to go down last time, that I thought I should play it safe and book it for after the wedding. If I have a toothache throughout my trip and the bachelorette, I'm not going to be happy. It could just be aggravated from the cold I have too.

Two days in a row with downward movement! Dare I hope that I might break the stall? 376.8 today. I was pretty good on my food yesterday, although I did have a piece of birthday cake when I babysat at lunch. But at supper, I only had a few of the fries and about half the garlic toast that came with the steak. I did eat the trifle though. It was delicious.

Yesterday Calories In:1672
smokie with mayo to dip and some sliced onion
small square of store bought birthday cake
cheddar cheese sticks
bison sausage
steak
Caesar salad
trifle
fries
garlic toast

Yesterday Calories out:513 (Plus some "I year old over the head lifts :D)
30 Minute swim

Yoga tonight, moved from Monday. Glad I can go. The Monday class was cancelled last week and I couldn't make the Thursday. I'll miss next week's too because I'll be out of town.

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Diana- I don't know how I missed your post earlier! I think I read through an un-updated page and then posted my check in. Anyways thanks so much and yes I LOVE Greek yogurt. I had plain nonfat with 1/2 cup frozen blueberries for breakfast this morning. Also that really makes sense because yesterday, while my calories were good, I had less protein than I usually try to consume. One of my "meals" was 9 truscuit crackers and a laughing cow cheese wedge. And I are like 2 cups if pineapple yesterday. So besides my breakfast yogurt I didn't get any protein in until dinner time. Thanks for the advice. And already today I haven't had any sweet tooth. Maybe the tofu stir fry last night and Greek yogurt are exactly why. Thanks again. Your such a blessing to us newbies! All your experience and advice is so appreciated.

IanG
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Down 1.0lb today. Gym water weight is crazy.

I went back to the gym today. Did weights for an hour and then saw no-one was there so jumped on the treadmill and ran for five minutes! I am going to do the treadmill on my weight training rest days so I should be able to go to the gym 4-5 days a week without overdoing it.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar. 1 protein shake.

Lunch: Medium salad - egg, chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, corn, garlic, green beens, radish, mushrooms, cottage cheese, green pepper, beets, cucumber, strawberry, bulgar wheat, argula.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work. Did one hour at the gym. Will walk half an hour back home this evening.

What will the scale do tomorrow?

elvislover324
05-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Elvislover I want to give you a little :cheer: with all the hard work you have done. Keep working it.

omg, thank you Diana! How sweet of you to say that. :hug: You just made my day!! That cheer was just what I needed right now!

Syckgirlsfv
05-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Diana - yes, the workout was so fun!!! Believe me, it took me 12 years to get my DH to consent to riding a bike...he just never had any interest in it at all. BUT, since we moved last year to a different part of Glendale where there are horses and trails and stuff, he got really in to taking long walks. We would see people jogging and riding bikes as well, and there are a few bike trails around, too...we tried jogging a little but it's too high impact. I pointed out to him that if we got bikes we could go farther than we could walking, and I guess he thought about it enough and decided it would be worth at try. Now we both love it. We're going to get out and ride for over an hour tonight, too. :D

breakfast - greek yogurt/splenda/pumpkin pie spice/vanilla/almonds
a.m. snack - mini babybel light and 7 fresh asparagus spears (leftover and cold, and so amazingly good that way!)
lunch - block of tofu/Jarlsberg light swiss cheese slice/hot salsa
p.m. snack - went crazy packing veggies! mini red, orange, and yellow peppers, sugar snap peas, celery sticks, and jalapeno greek yogurt dip

haven't talked to the hubby about dinner yet, but maybe turkey patties and salad or something.

I'm exactly still 160 on the scale today. Did chest and back at the gym last night, plus 20 minutes of cardio on the air climber. I also had 2 shots of Sailor Jerry and a little wine, which hasn't seemed to create any water gain...I'm finding I can still have a couple drinks as long as I keep up the biking or cardio each day, and keep to plan on food. So far so good!

I do know it's about time for me to edge out the weeknight shots...of course if I see ANY kind of gain I will axe them! :dizzy:

Tinnykins
05-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Thank you Diana for your encouragement!
It really means so much to all of us I hope you realize

IanG, what kind of weight exercise do you do?
I know I am female, but I am considering weight lifting to build leaner muscles and to burn more calories when not exercising. Any tips? :D

Misti in Seattle
05-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone

Hungry I am excited for you at being able to get the surgery! :cheer:

I am just blown away at how much difference mine has made already. My neighbor said I look like I have lost 100 pounds, as before all people saw of me was massive boobs!

I just got back from my first post-op appointment and they were very happy with me. Got my drains out already which is nice as they were very much in the way. I can't wait for some more healing so I can tell what I am going to look like and be able to wear nice, pretty bras instead of this sports bra thing they sent me home in.

Chronostasis
05-02-2013, 08:01 PM
radiojane That's great that you support your BF by doing paleo with him. :)
magical Yep...ugh, I'll be happy when the bloat is gone. Against my better judgement, I did weigh myself this morning: 177.8 (w/underclothes on). I've hit the 25 lb mark! Whoo! :carrot: (Although the scale was notably higher later in the day - 183.2, but with full clothes on and a few heavyish things in my jeans pockets. :dizzy:)
Misti Glad everything is going so well!

B/L - 1 herb-baked chicken breast (boneless&skinless), plateful Prince Edward medley (green beans, wax beans, carrots, small amount of Earth Balance), Caesar side salad (romaine lettuce, dressing, Romano cheese)
D - bowl of dragonsbreath noodles (red rice noodles, fried tofu, GF szechuan sauce, lime juice, brown sugar)
+ 1 small PB flourless cookie
+ large granny smith apple
+ kale

Ate rather a lot today... oh well, estimates say it's still under maintaince.
Wasn't particularly impressed with the fried tofu. I've come to like the taste of it plain.
Time to lace up my shoes and go for a walk.

IanG
05-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Tinnykins. I do the lot. I work all my muscles in a session and use all the machines which is what beginners tend to do! I see a lot of women at the gym. The trick for them is to use lower weights and do more repetitions of the same exercises to tone rather than to build muscle.

At my weight it doesn't really matter whether I tone or build muscle. So I am just going large on the weight and/or the reps!

The best tips I have, however, are: i) to take rest days to allow your muscles to recover after a workout; ii) to take a protein shake after a workout else you may get HUNGRY!; iii) to warm up and to take things slowly to avoid injury.

On my rest days I am going to run (at the gym on the treadmill but no weight lifting).

Tuscany
05-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Stayed on track with my diet today...a little over 1,200 calories. My toe is better, so I also did well on the exercise front. Did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, plus Day 2 of the Squat Challenge, plus a 2 mile brisk walk outside and my lower body workout.

This morning the scales went up 0.5 lbs, but I'm not concerned since the prior few days they went down much more than I expected...it's no doubt just water retention/daily fluctations/etc. I weigh myself daily (just can't help myself), but I only really pay attention to my overall weekly weight change, and I'm still on track for another 1.5-2 lb drop this week. Yeah!

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Psychic
05-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Mom wanted to go to the china buffet tonight. I avoided the fried foods, but I did eat some coconut glazed shrimp that I'm sure was super high calorie. We'll see what the damage is tomorrow, I suppose.

Radiojane
05-02-2013, 11:44 PM
The dress is not a disaster!!!!

Done up, with the straps pinned on (they're being added), it looks pretty good :) needs a few things but not a major overhaul. So relieved!!!

GMNEVO
05-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Newbie over here figure I could use some accountability, this week has been on point up to yesterday, today I skipped the gym and the next 5 days Im going to Disney Im going to try to keep it together but the popcorn, mickey ice cream and eating out 3 times a day 5 days straight its freaking me out!!

Diana3271
05-03-2013, 12:16 AM

We just got home. We went to my Mom's house to get some of DH's taxidermy animals and took them to the farm. We will take another load tomorrow. At least they are not coming home with us.

Our worker at the shop had his colonoscopy and upper GI tests done today. They did not find a problem. They are suppose to call him back to swallow the camera for the lower stomach test. The Dr. said there are rare cancer's that can show up in that area. He is more inclined to think it is a ulcer, though. Hoping it's the most minor of all complications.

Ian Good job on the pound! I think it's a great idea to change things up at that interval. Some people change too often and others do the same thing forever. I think that a good amount of time. I think the cardio (running) is a good thing. Keep in mind, everyone is different. Based on my research, I did mostly cardio but added in weights to maintain my muscle mass. My thoughts are that it's hard to build a lot of muscle when your are dieting (eating at a deficit). You need excess calories to build muscle. The body will not efficiently do both, lose weight and gain muscle. I'm not saying it can't/won't happen. I am saying it won't do it efficiently. So that's why I think cardio is very important when losing weight. Again, you still need strength training to maintain your muscles so they don't atrophy during weight loss. Again, everyone is different. Some people respond better to weight training all the way around. Have a safe trip to Turkey and keep us updated.

HungryHungryHippo Congrats on the green light for your surgery! :carrot:

Magical I think that term does sound familiar for the elliptical :o I don't go to the gym any longer, but that machine was a favorite of mine.

Mamakat As you can see from my post above he has to do the camera thing next. Just like you. I think you need to rent yourself out for home repairs. ;) I hope your day went well.

Psychic You cut a lot off! How do you like it? I am still growing mine. One good hair day followed by one bad. :lol: Good job on the 177.

Wannabfitnessbuff I think the protein will make all the difference for you. I have heard of people doing Insanity and they start craving carbs. They start eating the carbs and then they drop out of the program for some reason. They just can't continue. The extra protein does something for your that keeps your going. Hang in there.

Elvislover You keep hanging in there. You can do this. There are certain numbers that seem harder than others. I had problems with the 230's and then getting below 200 and staying there. I kept bouncing back up. It was like a nightmare. You can do it though. You have the strength and determination in you.

Syckgirlsfv The Greek yogurt and asparagus (not together ;)) sound delish. Now you are in the sugar snap peas! I have been craving them in the last couple of weeks.

Tinnykins Thank you. I love seeing people succeed at this crazy weight loss thing. I hope you had a great day!

Misti Thank you for checking in. Glad you continue to do well with your recovery.

Chronostasis Congrats on the 25 pounds! :carrot:

Tuscany I'm glad your toe is better and you didn't get sidelined because of it.

Radiojane Yay about the dress! I'm so glad to hear it will all work out for you.

GMNEVO Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: You should be getting plenty of walking in. Just make the best food choices that you can and stay as active as you can. You will do fine. Get right back on track when you get home. Congrats on your weight loss, so far.

Diana3271
05-03-2013, 12:18 AM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled pork chops 600 calories
collard greens 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

alaskanlaughter
05-03-2013, 01:37 AM
it was a usual busy day here...I DID fall for the donuts that DH brought home though :( I chose donuts for dinner instead of what I made everyone else....they had dinner AND donuts ....and I had 3 donuts :( on the other hand, I made the conscious choice for that and to give up any other calories tonight....they sure tasted good but I know I cant do that every night...calories are a little over my limit tonight because of that but I did do my hard workout this morning...4 days in a row of HIIT running and incline walking with one more day to go this week

HungryHungryHippo
05-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Oh, Misti—that’s so cool—you are an inspiration!!
Psychic—buffets are tough!
RadioJane—I’ll bet it does look just fine! (Or, as fine as brides’ maids dresses ever look!;-)
Diana – Taxidermy? That is soooo trendy in NYC, right now. Funny, right? So are beards! ;-)

magical
05-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Hungryhippo, congrats on a successful outcome from your GP!

Chronostasis, nice work on 25 lbs!

I've also fallen for junk this morning after standing in the kitchen wondering what to eat for breakfast. Didn't find anything nice, went away, came back an hour later, hungry and not knowing what to eat. I ended up settling for chips!!

B: coffee (x2), 2.5 packets of chips
L: Lean cuisine, spinach fetta salad
S: stole two fries and one fried calamari ring from the kids' meals
D: tea

E: 30 mins cross-trainer

TexaninItaly
05-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I posted here... but I'm back!

Breakfast:
bran pancake- made with
1 egg
15 g. oat bran
100 g. fat free Greek yogurt
10 blueberries

Lunch:
Salad-
lettuce, bell peppers, 10 g. sunflower seeds, 20 g. cranberries, 50 g. diced ham, 10 g. croutons, 30 g. Italian dressing (made w/ olive oil)

Dinner: ?

suzukigurl
05-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave:

I had a really great day yesterday, after work I treated myself for a nice lunch out at Applebee's, they really have some great low cal choices on there menu. For dinner I opted to make my Big Mac salad and in the evening I was kind of craving something bad so I weighed a serving of cheese popcorn and had that. I was surprised how much I could accually have and really enjoyed that treat. I completely stayed in my calorie range and went to bed without any cravings (first time since I started back on my weight loss journey)! It was a little cooler out here today but still a nice day to take a walk at my fav forest preserve. Back to work this morning for me but I am excited to have the weekend off! I'll be back later to catch up on how things are going for everyone else.
Sending positive energy to everyone for their Friday!!!!

Starting weight: 285
Current weight: 265.5 -1.5lbs!!!!! :carrot:

Yep I had a huge swoosh so excited to be half way through the 260's :D

Diana3271
05-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :yay: I hope you have a great weekend!

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Nothing fun or exciting on my end. Just the normal stuff.

I showed a gain this morning. There are a couple culprits that I could identify. :mag: I went to bed later than normal last night. On top of that I woke early due to hormonal (TTOM) insomnia. I only had about 5 hours of sleep last night. My body functions better on 8. And I think the TTOM water weight has finally caught up with me.

Weigh In: 158.6 (TTOM)
Up: .6

mamakat
05-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Good Morning,

I am back up in weight. I worked out/painted all week and still am gaining. My body is very sore and swollen. I'm only going to do clean up today because DH will be home and (probably) in my way. So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to finish the kitchen make over by painting the ceiling. Then it's off to the living room. I'm hoping the boys will get the wall put up this weekend so that once done with the living room I can move to the foyer.

We are officially calling this mania and I am channeling it to doing chores with a bit of spending but on home needs :D LOL, I just justified spending. At dinner last night, my family confessed they like the mania me, not because I'm a busy bee, but because I'm nicer. I laugh more, I let things roll of me more and I'm friendly to strangers (proof: last Saturday, I touched a woman's hair and at the rock concert in NY, I offered a young man a seat :rofl: DH watched in shock). DD says it's been nice because lately we've been fighting and now we are playing cards after a long day and I'm generally kinder to her. DH said it was too bad all this was a sign that I was sick. He said he wished this was my real personality. Kinda feel bad for all of them even though they were trying to be nice and supportive. I just laughed at them for their silly observations. They confessed they hope this bout will last awhile longer. I wouldn't mind either as I'm getting stuff done.

Diana I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you employee. The only thing weird about the camera is you wear an apron that records the pills travels. Other than that, it's not hard to swallow and you don't even know when it's gone (at least I didn't. DH's partner's wife asked me to report when it left the building, I thought the request was gross. Hello, we aren't friends and my bathroom issues aren't for the daily reports...LOL.)

Misti you are doing remarkable. So get the wanting to wear all the pretty bras. I got caught up in all that and then when I changed sizes in shirts I didn't consider my bras (I hate white undies) I had to invest in undershirts :lol: I bet you will have lots and lots of fun with shopping. :)

Alright going to go enjoy coffee then get my morning started. Primer here I come!

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

Psychic
05-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Diana - Its better about this length. I had a lot of split ends. My hair looks a lot healthier now.

HungryHungryHippo - Definitely. I always feel like I need to eat my money worth too. :(

Yesterday's Calories: 1550-1650?
Today's Weight: 177.8

A bit of a gain, but that's to be expected after chinese food. Hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow.

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Feeling a little scale discouraged today. And I know I need to get over it because its not the be all and end all of progress measurement. I know my hard workouts may be why I am seeing no movement. And I signed a contract with myself, and I will finish the "insanity" program regardless of whether I lose/gain/stay the same. I've been doing some research about how intense new exercise can cause the body to hold more water weight etc. So I am reminding myself that seeing the same lb bounce around is no big deal. And that I'm only on day 9. After 60 days and if my measurements don't change then MAYBE I get to complain. But even then unless I don't feel more physically for and in shape. That's really the only excuse I should have to complain.

This mornings was 186.0, yesterday 186.2, day before 185.2, and like 5 days ago I saw a low of 183.4. Anyways I keep hoping to see that 183.something again soon. But maybe I need to have my husband hide my scale from me. I need to trust the process. Know I'm eating good food for
My body and know my exercise is benefiting my health. I need to trust the fat is slowly but surely burning and forget about the darn scale!

Anyways sorry about the rant. And I'm sorry to be such a whiner waaaaaaaay too soon to have anything to whine about!

Hope everyone's days goes well! And happy weekend approaching.

On a happier note u am noticing that I now have an appetite in the morning. And I have been so much better about any late night eating. Last night I wanted too so bad and went to bed instead. Same thing the day before. It's helping a lot because I wake up and want my yogurt or oatmeal with protein powder. So already healthier habits are taking hold :). Glad I ended with that!

alaskanlaughter
05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
good morning :) its going to be another busy, rainy day in my rainforest

Diana apparently inositol combined with anything isn't a good idea :( I took a Sudafed in the evening for minor ear problems...(I can get an ear infection at the drop of a hat and always take Sudafed at the first sign of ear popping)...I went to bed but couldn't for the life of me fall asleep :( I laid there drifting in and out of a very light sleep for HOURS, then slept slightly more soundly in the post-midnight hours and finally around 4 a.m. started to sleep much more soundly....interestingly, I feel plenty rested this morning, which is odd

Radiojane
05-03-2013, 12:18 PM
This is a quickie, as I'm off soon to get ready for shower/trip craziness (after I zen out with some tea and 3FC of course).

I'm down again! 3rd day in a row. 1.8 pounds, which takes me to 375 even. (Only one pound higher than a month ago :rolleyes:) Still, it's progress again, if it keeps up. I haven't done my measurements for May yet. Can't find my tape measure, but I have a sneaking feeling they didn't budge much.

My body took a beating yesterday. Swim in the morning, then hauling 50 pound tables around at work all afternoon, then yoga (which is an endurance sport at 375 pounds!) I fully expected to be up from muscle soreness alone, but day 3 down! I don't expect the trend to continue after the alcohol tomorrow.

Yesterday Calories In:1896
Cheese
Snap peas
Smokie
eggs
Hamburger helper
Lemon water
Green tea

Yesterday Calories Out:940 (+ table hauling)
30 Min Swim
1 Hour Hatha Yoga

Diana3271
05-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Diana apparently inositol combined with anything isn't a good idea :( I took a Sudafed in the evening for minor ear problems...(I can get an ear infection at the drop of a hat and always take Sudafed at the first sign of ear popping)...I went to bed but couldn't for the life of me fall asleep :( I laid there drifting in and out of a very light sleep for HOURS, then slept slightly more soundly in the post-midnight hours and finally around 4 a.m. started to sleep much more soundly....interestingly, I feel plenty rested this morning, which is odd

It's not the inositol! It's the Sudafed. The active ingredient in Sudafed are pseudoephedrine hydrochloride or pseudoephedrine sulfate. Sudafed is a stimulant! The kids in college used to take Sudafed to stay awake all night. If I take Sudafed in the AM I cannot go to sleep until the next night, not that night, the next night. If I take Nyquil I am bouncing off the walls and ceiling all night. I cannot take Sudafed in any form. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoephedrine

Pseudoephedrine (pron.: /ˌsjuːdoʊ.ɨˈfɛdrɪn/ or /ˌsjuːdoʊˈɛfɨdriːn/; PSE) is a sympathomimetic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes. It may be used as a nasal/sinus decongestant, as a stimulant,[2] or as a wakefulness-promoting agent.[3]

Adverse effects

Common adverse drug reactions (ADRs) associated with pseudoephedrine therapy include: CNS stimulation, insomnia, nervousness, excitability, dizziness and anxiety. Infrequent ADRs include: tachycardia or palpitations. Rarely, pseudoephedrine therapy may be associated with mydriasis (dilated pupils), hallucinations, arrhythmias, hypertension, seizures and ischemic colitis;[13] as well as severe skin reactions known as recurrent pseudo-scarlatina, systemic contact dermatitis, and nonpigmenting fixed drug eruption.[14] Pseudoephedrine, particularly when combined with other drugs including narcotics, may also play a role in the precipitation of episodes of paranoid psychosis.[15] It has also been reported that pseudoephedrine, amongst other sympathomimetic agents, may be associated with the occurrence of stroke.[16]

IanG
05-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Typing this from the airport lounge.

Down 2.0lbs today. Gym water weight is SUPER crazy.

I did not have a chance to exercise today. And it is interesting trying to stay OP while traveling. I managed to find a salad at a restaurant and had that. I hope there is a light meal option on the plane else I will just skip dinner and drink instead.

Anyway, food for today:

Lunch: Small airport salad - chicken, greens, pine nuts, cranberries.

Dinner: Most likely red wine on the plane and lots of.

Exercise: Zip. Diddly. Nil.

I'll post from Germany tomorrow which is where I catch my connecting flight. Hope I can find a healthy breakfast in the lounge! Future weigh-ins will be on my digital travel scale that measures 0.8lbs-1lb LIGHTER than my main scale so will have to adjust for that. I will also need to find the hotel gym when I finally arrive in Turkey. Looking forward to working out in that either Saturday night or Sunday.

On the working out Diana, I am trying to boost my protein in a low calorie way to build muscle. There are some high protein, low calorie shakes and powders that I am putting my faith in. I'll let you know how they go. For me, as well, weight lifting is so much more fun than cardio!

PS I have packed protein powder in my luggage to make shakes while away from home post-workout!

elvislover324
05-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Have a safe trip, Ian!!

alaskanlaughter
05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
It's not the inositol! It's the Sudafed. The active ingredient in Sudafed are pseudoephedrine hydrochloride or pseudoephedrine sulfate. Sudafed is a stimulant! The kids in college used to take Sudafed to stay awake all night. If I take Sudafed in the AM I cannot go to sleep until the next night, not that night, the next night. If I take Nyquil I am bouncing off the walls and ceiling all night. I cannot take Sudafed in any form. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoephedrine

Pseudoephedrine (pron.: /ˌsjuːdoʊ.ɨˈfɛdrɪn/ or /ˌsjuːdoʊˈɛfɨdriːn/; PSE) is a sympathomimetic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes. It may be used as a nasal/sinus decongestant, as a stimulant,[2] or as a wakefulness-promoting agent.[3]

Adverse effects

Common adverse drug reactions (ADRs) associated with pseudoephedrine therapy include: CNS stimulation, insomnia, nervousness, excitability, dizziness and anxiety. Infrequent ADRs include: tachycardia or palpitations. Rarely, pseudoephedrine therapy may be associated with mydriasis (dilated pupils), hallucinations, arrhythmias, hypertension, seizures and ischemic colitis;[13] as well as severe skin reactions known as recurrent pseudo-scarlatina, systemic contact dermatitis, and nonpigmenting fixed drug eruption.[14] Pseudoephedrine, particularly when combined with other drugs including narcotics, may also play a role in the precipitation of episodes of paranoid psychosis.[15] It has also been reported that pseudoephedrine, amongst other sympathomimetic agents, may be associated with the occurrence of stroke.[16]

yes!! LOL I've totally experienced that sleeplessness before!....when I take the Sudafed that's behind the pharmacy counter, I seriously CANNOT sit still or sleep for over 24 hours...it's crazy!!...instead I take the generic version with different ingredients that you find on the store shelves and it doesn't affect me like that

I also stopped taking the actual pharmacy Sudafed because it gave me a horrible allergic reaction twice when I took it before two different running workouts...a reaction bad enough that I should have used an epipen except I didn't have one back then (I do now)

alaskanlaughter
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
I was sooooo looking forward to 5 days in a row of HIIT running workouts...there was nothing on my calendar all morning and I was going to make it 5 days of 5K running....and then my SIL called and was in the ER and needed someone to watch the younger girl after her preschool let out and so I went over to their house and took care of her 4 year old until the next person came to take over for me babysitting (so I could go to work)....luckily SIL is home now and the ER visit didn't require surgery, which was a huge concern...and now i'm back at work with no running done today :( but of course it was worth it because she needed my help

GMNEVO
05-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Back to check in after Disney vacation day one total success!

2 eggs\wheat toast and some fruit for breakfast.

Brocolli 5oz new york strip and half a potato for lunch

Fruit salad as a snack

Ceasar salad dressing on side and soup for dinner.

Giselle 1 Mickey 0!!!!

Gypsytales
05-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I am new to 3 fc and have been on south beach for five days, lost 6 pounds and started Pilates today. Have been trying to lose this weight for five years. This is finally it! I need the support to keep going.

writtenbymurphy
05-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone. I had good success on SB a couple years ago. I plan to start again on Monday.

To my surprise, the forums I had enjoyed previously are all DEAD. This is the only free one that has any activity.

I do want the check in support. Thank you all for being faithful to the vision, and for being here for me now as I start again.

Diana3271
05-03-2013, 11:00 PM

HungryHungryHippo DH is totally not a trendy person, LOL. Maybe I shouldn't tell him that taxidermy is the thing right now. :lol:

Magical Chips are not the best, but you can always work them in your calorie allowance. Don't let them get you down.

TexaninItaly I remember you! Hi and Welcome back! :welcome2:

Suzukigurl Congrats on the 1.5 pounds!

Mamakat I hope you had a good day! How much work did you get done today?

Psychic It looks like you did very well at the Chinese place. It's so hard to keep things in moderation there.

Wannabfitnessbuff I would give it a couple of weeks to see what happens. It could just be water weight. Maybe take a rest day, but do some regular walking.

Radiojane Great job on the 1.8 pounds! Keep up the great work!

Ian Stay safe in your travels.

Alaskanlaughter It's good that you could step up the to the plate to help your SIL. I know she appreciated it.

GMNEVO Congrats! Keep up the great work!

Gyysytales Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Writtenbymurphy Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Diana3271
05-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Hi Everyone! We're back home from going to my Mom's house. We also went to the lake to eat at a steakhouse. We (us and my parents) used to eat there on occasion. It was really good. We took another load of the taxidermy animals. We have a few more pieces left. We will get those next week. DH is also going to take Mama's TV to the farm. They have a smaller one that's similar to Mama's. Our entertainment center is not big enough for the TV. He also needs to get the things he wants out of the garage. I still have my wedding dress, my Dad's suit, and a couple of my Mom's jackets that I want to bring home with me. I won't go up there this weekend. Really there's not much need for me to go up there unless I am helping DH get things or I'm meeting someone. It will be a huge relief once the rest of the stuff has been sold and the house is listed. The real estate agent said it might take a while to sell since things don't sell very quickly in that area.

I did well at the steakhouse although my calories were higher. I kept things in moderationl. I'm sure the sodium was through the rough, though. I couldn't really order how I normally do, no salt, seasoning, etc. I did the best I could while still enjoying a different dinner. I estimated the best I could. Maybe a little higher, maybe a little lower. :dunno:

Total Approx 1680 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
House salad w/lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot. I brought in exactly 45 calories of my own dressing 100 calories
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
1/2 small baked potato 1/2 small sweet potato (DH and I shared so I could taste both since I haven't had either in a while) I also brought my own premeasured butter 300 calories
1/2 piece Texas toast 100 calories

Exercise:
Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Chronostasis
05-04-2013, 12:03 AM
B - 3/4 cup of chocolate yogurt (greek yogurt, cocoa powder, stevia), 1 large banana, 1 medium lemon
L - 2 chicken lettuce cups from a Chinese restaurant + few bites off other people's plates + 1 peppermint candy
D - (after-graduation celebration) GF shortcake, fresh strawberries, whipped cream + more strawberries, melted chocolate, more whipped cream + few raw almonds
+ tall glass chocolate almond milk

Exercise: walked back home from campus

Feels like I ate soooo much food. Though it probably wasn't really that much (although it was a fair bit of higher calorie stuff). Overall not too bad, since the portions weren't crazy.
Graduated today, so being a little high on the calorie side is okay. :D

HungryHungryHippo
05-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Ian—you make me laugh—I know drinks aren’t part of everyone’s plan, but they’re part of mine too! (I had to cut them out while I was in the losing phase, but that’s because I’m a girl, and get fewer calories.)
GMNEVO—wow—can’t believe you are doing that well @ Disney!! Hats (or mouse ears) off to you!
Gypsytales—welcome!! You’re off to a great start!

Had my “pre-op” with the plastic surgeon today, although the (cosmetic facial) surgery isn’t until the 15th. A little freaked out that I can’t exercise for 10 days after. It took me a long time to build up the stamina to run 3 miles, or do a Jillian video every day, and I don’t want to have to start over. Think I am going to calculate calorie burn and walk it off every day to stay even, even if it means a 3-hour walk.

alaskanlaughter
05-04-2013, 01:31 AM
it was a busy day, and a busy week, and thank goodness it's FRIDAY!! lol

I worked, I cleaned the house, I ran errands, I paid the bills, I watched my niece and then I worked some more....so nice to come home to a house I already cleaned :D and then to go to dinner with DH....

I was very nibbly today, which is weird....and was at my allotted 1500 calories BEFORE dinner :( but I tried to do good and put about half of my Asian dinner in a to-go box and gave a lot of it to the dog who thinks he's human....so at least whatever the calories were, it was half of what it could have been :D

tomorrow I have an art class with younger son and then just shopping n stuff...it's still raining here..i know it's a rainforest but really?? the last sunshine I saw was last Monday for a single afternoon, and the forecast calls for nonstop rain through next weekend (not tomorrow, NEXT weekend) *sigh*

IanG
05-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm wishes.

I am writing this from Frankfurt airport in the business lounge while I wait for my connecting flight to Turkey. It is 6.30am (12.30am DC time).

Airplane food is difficult when you are on a diet, even in business class. So I declined the meal and drank wine and beer instead (which you know do not affect me in the same way as food weight-wise)! The air hostesses were quite amused by this. They kept asking me if the menu was OK. I also skipped breakfast on the plane and have had something to eat in the lounge instead where I can make my own choices.

For breakfast, I had two coffees, milk no sugar. A boiled egg. A small fruit salad. Some pickled vegetables and a small piece of wholewheat bread. I cannot weigh-in this morning since my travel scale is in my luggage. I could try to do it tonight but I don't see the point as my weight is normally higher then so I will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Lunch will be interesting since I will be on the plane again. I might have to miss that one as well.

One NSV is how nice it is to fly at 222lbs versus 281lbs. There is a lot more slack in the seat belt. And I no longer arrive sweaty, with my hair in a mess in desperate need of a shower. I actually look quite refreshed! And boy did I sleep well on the flight. Some of it was the wine, but some of it was my smaller size as well as I felt more comfortable in the flat bed seat.

Hope you all have a good day and thanks for keeping me OP.

Cheers Hungryhippo!

PS I am not sure if Diana's talk of taxidermy animals is making me hungry or not. Would I eat one? Hmmm.

IanG
05-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I have just arrived in Istanbul and am waiting for my final flight to Ankara. Ate OK on the plane. Had another coffee, a fruit salad, some pastrami and a crepe. I left the cheese and the salmon. And passed on the bread. That will be my food for the day now.

Diana3271
05-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1680 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.4 (TTOM)

Last night was a huge success w/moderation for me. I am not always successful with my attempts at eating off plan foods in smaller portions. I continue to try, though. I think the grilled protein and taking in my premeasured items were key for me.

Tonight I am making chicken enchilada's for dinner. I will keep the cheese light. The biggie here will be the sodium. It's not as bad as what you get out, but there is more sodium than what I normally eat.

Ian :lol: I would probably have another glass of that wine over the taxidermy dinner. :D Stay safe and keep up the great work.

PaintedPonies
05-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I ate a bit more than I wanted to yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were light (<1000 calories), I snacked on fruit. For dinner, I had a whole container of scallion pancakes (8 wedges, or 2 pancakes in total), and some soy yogurt with shredded wheat, and lots of dried papaya spears.

But, I was very active yesterday. 15 minute jog, at least 2 hours of walking, and a 45 minute bike ride (hilly!). Considering how hungry I was when I woke up, I'm sure I did fine :)

I elipticaled for an hour this morning, then had a breakfast of soy yogurt, shredded wheat, cinnamon, and maple syrup. I'm going to be on my feet a lot today at work, too, but I will try hard not to eat too much unhealthy foods!

I also weighed in at 175.7 yesterday, which is the lowest I've been in a while. I'm up a half a pound today, but that's probably from the scallion pancakes!

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Diana- so busy. So much work! I'd be relieved when its listed too. These kinds of things are never fun. Well done keep it moderate on dinner. That's what it has to be about right? Not being perfect always, but making things manageable.

Another disappointing scale day 186.4. Ah well. I am sore sore sore today. I lifted chest at the gym on Thursday as well as did insanity. And my fiend wanted to run yesterday and I did three miles as well as insanity. I went a lot slower in yesterday's workout. I think today will be also. But tomorrows a rest day! Hooray! I think my body needs it. I'm really working at keeping the attitude right about the scale. I take my 2 week measurements next Thursday and I'm hoping for some good news. Also to be fair my eating, though so much better. Has not been perfect. And if I don't see some inches I'm going to drop 150 calories off my allotment. AND be sure I'm always spot on.

IanG
05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
WannaBfitnessbuff, you MUST be holding loads of water. Get ready for WHOOSH.

Well, I have arrived in Ankara. And I found the hotel gym which is pretty good. I did weights for an hour and treadmill for 7 minutes. I have never done that after a flight before. Actually, I have never used a hotel gym before so I am getting my money's worth. Time for some wine (instead of dinner), then bed. Rest day tomorrow with just treadmill. And I will get to weigh in again in the morning.

Pics:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachments/weight-loss-support/44542d1367687696-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-may-2013-everyone-welcome-img078.jpg

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachments/weight-loss-support/44543d1367687704-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-may-2013-everyone-welcome-img076.jpg

alaskanlaughter
05-04-2013, 02:21 PM
how exciting that you get to travel for work!! I would love to travel!! someday i'd like to get over to the Czech republic and see the little village where my family came from about 150 years ago

IanG
05-04-2013, 02:26 PM
You'll love it there! I hear it is wonderful.

Traveling for work is a bit of a mixed blessing though because of time away from family and friends.

magical
05-04-2013, 05:51 PM
IanG, nice! Hope you are not missing your family too much.

Diana, thanks for the encouragement. I'm not too fussed, lol. :) And congratulations with the loss!!

Hungryhippo, walks are the best! I love hiking but obviously can't do it everyday as it takes time.

Chronostasis, congratulations on the graduation. Exciting time! Are you looking for a job now or taking some time off first?

Alaskanlaughter, well done on the self-control. My dog's very fussy with food. Like my kids really - which is a good thing, lol!

I missed logging yesterday's intake:

B: coffee, chai latte w s/milk
L: chicken and mixed veg risotto
D: ft long Subway ham w cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes and BBQ sauce, tea

E: 45 mins walk

Tuscany
05-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I stayed on plan with both diet and exercise. Today:

Breakfast (220): Coffee & protein shake
Lunch (540): Herbed chicken plus 2/3rd cup of mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach)
Mid-afternoon snack (50): Vanilla greek yoghurt

For supper, I plan baked salmon and a small ceasar salad with low fat/low cal dressing, plus some fruit for desert. Will end up between 1200 and 1300 calories for the day. I went for a 3km walk this morning and am about to go for another because the weather is so beautiful today. I also bought a mini trampoline earlier today and I bounced/jogged on it for about 20 minutes. I might do a bit on it more later...I'm really enjoying my new toy!

jennifersytsma
05-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Just joined the site! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
I love the support I've seen (been a lurker for quite a while).

Today was tough for me. My workout yesterday left me pretty sore so I wasn't super motivated to get up and moving today :)
Today is cardio day and I have on my schedule to run 3 miles. I managed to overcome the lazy beast inside of me and got out there, cold weather and all!

Food has been great so far today. I did a cleanse a few weeks ago and that helped considerably in my cravings!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Jenn

Psychic
05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Yesterday's Calories: 1483
Today's Weight: 177.4

So far I've only had 956 calories today and its already past 7pm. I doubt I'll eat much more, if anything, today. I was working my other job today and only get a lunch, plus my stomach was a bit upset earlier. Just ate some soup and a low-cal icecream bar.

alaskanlaughter
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
just checking in today....its been such a FUN day!!...I got to sleep in(!!) and took younger son to an art class where they learned how to make things with clay...REAL clay! not the kiddie stuff or playdough-type....I enjoyed it too because I've never been taught how to work with clay before...it was SO FUN!!...then I did all the grocery shopping which was necessary...and then I decided to try running outside...

ive always wanted to try to run again outside since I tried briefly on a trail a few weeks ago....but since the rain has eased into just a drizzle instead of an all-out downpour I finally had a chance...DH and puppy went with me and they walked (DH cant run regardless) and I ran ahead for a long ways, doubled back to meet them, ran ahead some more, doubled back etc...it was reallyyyyy fun and I so enjoyed it, especially having DH there...it was windy as h*ck and rainy but I still had so much fun!! I want to do it again soon!!...we were out there somewhere between 45-60 minutes and I was running for about 3/4 of that time

now we're headed soon to this dinner and art auction event that we were given tickets to....my poor DH is so tired! lol all that fresh air...I love him :)

Diana3271
05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Total Approx 1695 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Homemade chicken salad sandwich 400 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
3 Homemade chicken enchilada's 600 calories
Station 2 brand fiesta rice and grain blend 100 calories
Toasted raisin bread topped with pumpkin butter and ricotta cheese 200 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
05-04-2013, 11:04 PM

Chronostasis Congratulations on your graduation! :congrat: Did you get the new dress after all?

HungryHungryHippo It's wonderful that you will be getting your surgery. Good job planning in advance for keeping active.

Alaskanlaughter It sounds like you had a wonderful day. :carrot:

Ian Thank you for sharing those pictures. Stay safe, have fun, and check in when you can.

PaintedPonies Congrats on the new low yesterday.

Wannabfitnessbuff Yes, moderation is key, but it is so hard. Just an idea, but I'm thinking you don't need the extra weight training at the gym while doing Insanity. Insanity is body weight and has a lot of push ups, etc. Push ups works the whole upper body and even core, if done correctly. I think you are getting enough with the Insanity workouts.

Magical Great job with your food/exercise plan.

Tuscany Have you tried any of the rebounding workouts?

Jennifersytsma Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Psychic I hope you are feeling better.

Chronostasis
05-04-2013, 11:49 PM
magical I interviewed and was hired for a job as a campus Math Lab tutor for the summer, which starts in another week or two. I may look for another job over the summer, depending on how busy I am. In the fall I'm going to live on-campus at a 4 year college.
Diana Thanks! Haha, no, I stubbornly refused to wear a dress. I wore black dress pants and nice sandals with a gray Miami t-shirt (other shirts I tried on stood out too much beneath the black graduation robe.)
Ian I would love to go to Turkey some day! Hope you have a good stay, even if it is just for work. Nice pic of the city!

B - 1 cup of plain greek yogurt with sylt lingon (lingonberry preserves)
L - 2 side dish bowls avocado lime chickpea salad (canned chickpeas, avocado, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt&pepper)
D - large salad bowl of kale, sweet potato, chicken, dried cranberries
+ ~2 teaspoons fish oil, 1 large banana

E: C25K week 1 day 1

I signed up for a triathlon at the end of July! Very excited, but I'm going to have to do a lot of training.
Also, I've been looking to buy a new bike - any recommendations? Thinking about getting a hybrid within about $200-$400, but nothing's set in stone. I've grown up with heavy mountain bikes, but they are certainly not good for long rides. It's hard to pedal those things more than a few miles.

HungryHungryHippo
05-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Diana--nice job staying on track eating different foods! That's tricky!

magical
05-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Chronostasis, nice! Enjoy the break before you start.

B: coffee, cereal
L/D/S: chicken enchilada, rice and beans, coffee, 1/2 apple pie w fresh cream

E: 60 mins cross-trainer

IanG
05-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Because I am seven hours ahead of the East Coast I can report in earlier.

Down 2.4lbs compared to the last time I weighed in on Friday.

I am about to do an hour in the gym again, as I feel up for that. And the food here is good, but lots of grilled meat so I am working hard to avoid that.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 2 coffees, milk no sugar.
Lettuce, corn, tomato, onion, sun dried tomato, boiled egg, mackeral, smoked trout, olives

Lunch: Tomato, onion and oregano salad in an oil and vinegrette dressing. Grilled mushrooms with red pepper and a little cheese. Slice of apple. Slice of orange. 1 pistachio nut. Half a flat bread.

Dinner: Most likely red wine followed by beer chasers.
1 protein shake after the gym.

Exercise: Walk around the town. One hour in the gym.

Diana3271
05-05-2013, 09:27 AM

I did well with my calories yesterday and I made the enchilada's lower in sodium than you would get out. It's still more sodium than I would normally eat and I showed a gain this morning. I think this is because of the combo of TTOM + the extra sodium. At least I am still under 160, although just barely. ;) That 160 has been my nemesis for a while now. Everything will make me go into the 160 range and it drives me nuts. :dizzy: So I had my Cinco De Mayo foods on Cinco De Quatro and I don't have to worry about that today.

Calories for yesterday: 1695 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.8 (TTOM)
Up: 1.4 pounds

jennifersytsma
05-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Checking in today!

I'm on track for a great day.

Plain Greek Yogurt pre workout

Turbo Fire HIIT 15, followed by Les Mills Pump Challenge for my workout. Blasted a fantastic 450 calories.

Protein shake for breakfast, with Avacado.

Prepped baked chicken breast, spinach, romaine salad topped with clean salsa, cottage cheese and a few chopped dates for lunch.

Feeling confident I can keep it rolling!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! Make it healthy!

alaskanlaughter
05-05-2013, 02:38 PM
good morning :) im feeling it today from my run on the trail yesterday....although my running muscles feel just fine, the rest of me is achy and sore from what I assume is just the impact of being on a trail versus a treadmill...but its a good sore, in that if I keep it up I wont be so sore every time...I might try once a weekend to get out there, weather dependent...who knows...it's not my MAIN workout, just something extra if I can....in fact I was so sore last night that I didn't sleep very soundly LOL oops

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Ian- awesome pics! I'm with Alaska. Thinking travel for work would be so awesome. But probably the reality is less romantic that the idea of it :). Hope you get lots of chances for fun with the work. Has it been ok staying on plan? I don't think I've ever not gained at least a couple lbs when I travel. But my travel is always vacation :).
Alaskan- your trail run sounds amazing. And it seems like it has put yu in such a good happy places :). Maybe you'll see a lovely little scale whoosh to top it off.
Diana- I'm thinking the same thing. I didn't try to workout lifting weights or the prior week on the program. But since I had been lifting weights I didn't want to stop for two months. It made the two following workouts so much tougher though. I hate to not use a gym membership for two months. But I don't think my body needs that much abuse :). Maybe I'll do a little swimming and use the hot tub/steam room to feel less guilty about the 21 dollars a month and leave the weights alone for the rest of the 60 days.

Today's a rest day! Yay! I'm 11 days into insanity and DH says he notices a difference even though the scale hasn't said much. I did get a mini whoosh. Weighed 185.6 this morning. So maybe ill get to keep that around. DH and I are doing some yard work and planning for a big landscape project we are going to get going this summer. Anyways gotta go so I can't relax and finish my coffee with DH before the work and then off to work tonight.

IanG
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks wannabfitnessbuff. It is a little tricky at times. Especially at restaurants. They don't like you to order the healthy stuff, because it's often cheap!

And Alaska, awesome on the trail run. I run on the treadmill and you can just feel it's not the same (as hard as) real running. I will run properly some day on asphalt or a trail!

Psychic
05-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I ended up getting hungry around 9pm last night, so I ate and got my calories to where they were supposed to be.

Yesterday's Calories: 1401
Today's Weight: 177

I went to a gem and mineral show today and got a gorgeous chunk of labrodite and a teardrop labrodite stone that I'm going to make a wire-wrapped pendant with.

Chronostasis
05-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Psychic Oooh, fun! I love rock and mineral shows - liked to collect them when I was a kid. That will be a lovely pendant!

B - KIND bar, medium navel orange
L - sauteed mushrooms and kale (button mushrooms, kale, balsamic vinegar, greek yogurt, oregano), large mango
D - medium avocado with fresh salsa, 6 medium strawberries
+ serving of soft-serve mint ice cream (somewhere between 1/2 to 1 cup)

I wanted to go for a run today, but I think my body is telling me to opt for a rest day.

Tinnykins
05-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the strength training ideas, IanG! I tried strength training today for the first time and omfg it was so tiring.
I am weak haha I need to start doing this stuff from now on

Breakfast (200)
So many strawberries omg
a bit of watermelon
2 sausage links

Lunch (250)
California Roll

Dinner (400)
1/2 of a wrap
Fresh smoothie (oranges, pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe)

I didn't eat much today. so busy ):
but I didn't get thinner either-- I'm still so bloated despite eating so little. It's because I haven't hit the gym all weekend because finals is coming up ughhh >___<
hate the feeling of sacrificing health for school

Diana3271
05-05-2013, 10:57 PM

This will be a quick post. I'm watching the Amazing Race finale and then will need to get ready for bed. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Total Approx 1365 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (600 Calories)
Mediterranean wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (370 Calories)
Plain Greek yogurt 260 calories
Popcorn 110 calories

Exercise
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#1 weighted gloves and #12's

magical
05-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Quick one too!

In the exact opposite order of meals for yesterday, I had this today:

B: leftover chicken enchilada w rice, salad, coffee (x2)
L: -
D: cereal, banana, tea

E: nothing today :( Not keen on doing anything...

IanG
05-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Quick one as I am in between meetings.

Down 0.8lbs today. However, tomorrow is Tuesday on which I always gain. Can my vigorous gym routine break the cycle?

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 2 coffees, milk no sugar. 1 protein shake post gym.
Lettuce, tomato, onion, sun dried tomato, boiled egg, smoked trout, tuna, olives

Lunch: Chicken salad with tomato, onion, corn, lettuce, pickles.

Dinner: Most likely red wine followed by beer chasers.

Exercise: One hour in the gym lifting weights and cardio.

mamakat
05-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Good Monday Morning,

Today is usually weigh in for me, but I won't be touching the scale this week. Confession time: I'm manic. Many manic people do reckless things while in manic state. Sex drugs and lots of spending is the norm. Lots of marriages get destroyed because of it...counselors counsel spouses to get separate bank account so that when the Bipolar person goes into debt they don't take the house with them. Kinda smart, but kinda mean too. I don't do those things, though. So I am safe. I do spend more, but normally at the dollar store. This time, I spent it on house supplies which we needed anyway. So in the end it works out.

My most dangerous or reckless thing is crazy driving and not taking care of myself. Well, all weekend long I tortured my body. I haven't put down a paint brush for more than 5 hours sleep and I've eaten so many glutenous things, my body is screaming this morning for relief. My ligaments aren't holding my wrists, hips or ankles together so walking has become difficult and getting up from the floor (painting furniture) I struggle for a very long time to get my hips to work while trying not to jar the wrists and ankles. The pain is beyond explaining and when the bones move and pull, it feels gross :p Gluten is not my friend and mania won't let me stop the torture. Already this morning, I'm chomping at the bit to get back into the kitchen.

So I only need to finish the table and chairs, paint the new trim DH put up and still do the ceiling. I had to do two coats of primer (one at 2 am and then the other at 6, yesterday). DH worked in the kitchen so I couldn't paint the ceiling. He ended up encouraging the spending by helping me find matching table cloth, place mat (for our fish that sits in the middle of the table) and cushions for our chairs. He has really allowed me to go with the kitchen in any direction I want, even suggested black trim (yay, me and black are the best of friends :)) I'm hoping to finish it all today. But we'll see as the body is my tool and if it doesn't work, well, not sure what else I can do...laundry :shrug:

Hopefully my weight won't be too affected by all this. We'll see. I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
05-06-2013, 08:07 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1365 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.4 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Psychic
05-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Yesterday's Net Calories: 1475
Today's Weight: 176.8

I ate too much yesterday, but I walked for a bit as well. Kinda evened things out, I suppose. I had a 0.2 loss.

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Mamakat- Hang in there. I'm so sorry to hear of your pain in your joints and struggles. For one thing, with all your work and painting you have to be burning some calories. That may help with any extra food. Also I'm sure your house is looking beautiful. I hope you feel better soon.

I have good news and bad news news. Bad news? I only had 800 calories before heading to work and was SUPER busy. At work I ate a small salad is all. And figured on a low calorie day, but.... Then got home and found myself raiding my cupboard of any crunchy salty thing I could find :/. I didn't weigh or measure, so I'm going to have to guesstimate too how much I ate. I feel totally bummed. Im not letting myself be so low on calories before I work tonight. Then if I'm busy again and I don't have time to eat I will mot be so hungry to not have some will power. Just quick background, I work as a bartender at a restaurant. And on Sunday and Monday nights I'm the only bartender. So if we don't have a lull after the dinner rush I can't stop working to eat. I'm thinking about figuring some good go to snacks that I can keep in the back at the employee table that's easy to pop a bite or two in my mouth when I have a few moments.
And the good news is that I was 184.4! Yay! Couldn't believe I was that low after eating tortilla chips and salsa late late last night. I was seriously eating at midnight and still saw a lower weight at 6:30 this morning. So yesterday was the rest day. I feel completely recovered muscle wise. No soreness. So I'm not dreading geting back to insanity again today. Besides a part of me feels I need to punish myself for poor food choices last night. Have Shaun T help me work the calories off. Hope everyone's doing well today!

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Ok I but the bullet and entered my binge last night. Not as terrible as I feared. I went over 271 calories. I tried to err in the side of high when guesstimating how much I ate. But with my high calorie allowance that out me 2200 calories. Whew. Lets not hit repeat on that one ;)

AdorkablePG
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Todays weight 237.6

Breakfast: 1 wheat flatout bread slightly toasted with 1tbsp peanut butter 195 calories

I am have a huge pot of vegetarian cabbage soup on the stove and will be eating that for lunch and probably dinner. I add beans to mine for fiber and protein. So yummy!

Snacks with be watermelon and or an apple

MonteCristo
05-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Sorry I kind of dropped off the face of the earth...been really busy the last week or so.

Monday
Breakfast: 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 slice cheese, 8 oz tea - 255
Lunch: red baron pizza, 1/2 cucumber - 463
Snack: orange - 75
Dinner: chili cornbread casserole, 8oz tea - 509
Snack: all fruit popsicle - 30
Total Calories: 1332

Workout: 40 min yoga, 6 min jump rope - 384

alaskanlaughter
05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
good morning :) I had a high-calorie day yesterday...I seem to do that about once a week, usually on sundays...I ate up to about 2400(?) calories, maybe slightly more, because I was very hungry and munchy all day...I was busy and even that didnt' stop me from eating a lot (I usually eat less when busy)...im still sore from running back on the trail on Saturday, mostly just from the impact of the ground instead of the treadmill because parts of me hurt that don't really pertain to the actual running muscles...like my ankle and knees ache from the harder impact, my lower back where my spine is damaged, stuff like that...it's supposed to get sunny (sshh don't jinx it!) today and most of the week(!) so DH wants to go back there again tonight...i'm still hitting the gym for my regular routine this morning though

Hoopty
05-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey everybody!

I've been looking around here for a couple of days now and I gotta say - I love that everybody seems to be so committed to checking in. I would love to join!

I haven't been completely OP at all, mainly due to the fact that its TOM and on top of that I've been sick for about 3 days. My mind really wants some comfort food. Yesterday, for the first time in about a month, I ate such low-quality food that I started feeling really nauseous. I know, I know - it's not smart to eat junk especially when you're sick. That's why I'm regretting it so much right now :(
I was really excited for my weigh-in on Wednesday. I expected a huge whooshh because PMS water retention was really bad for me this month but now I'm too scared. Also, I haven't been able to workout at all because I've been feeling horrible. I just want to get over this cold/flu and go back to the gym.

Today is a new day and I feel really determined to make it a healthy one. I slept in late because I kept waking up last night, so so far I only had breakfast.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + 1 handful of blueberries + 1 cup of tea

I hope everybody is having a great day!

Syckgirlsfv
05-06-2013, 04:34 PM
how exciting that you get to travel for work!! I would love to travel!! someday i'd like to get over to the Czech republic and see the little village where my family came from about 150 years ago

my paternal grandmother came over to the US from Bohemia! I am at least 1/4 Czech :D

jennifersytsma
05-06-2013, 04:44 PM
What a beauuuutiful day!!!!

Total calories last yesterday 1800

Today I did KenpoX (which is about an hour of mixed martial arts/combat). Burned about 500 calories.

Getting back into a lifting program is leaving me HUNGRY all the time :) Spent a good part of the day prepping food for the week. I like to prepackage snacks so I can just grab & go.

My May challenge to myself is NO WEIGH MAY!!! Putting the scale away and only taking measurements! I had my husband hide my scale :)

Make it a great day!

Syckgirlsfv
05-06-2013, 04:55 PM
so I've been MIA for the weekend...again. I've been very good to stay OP (South Beach phase 2) but I do tend to go over in alcohol! Yesterday we went to the mexican restaurant in front of the equestrian center, but were actually pretty good because both me and the DH only had one margarita each (mine was melon, which I LOVE) and we split a plate of chicken fajitas. I think most of you know that fajitas are just meat with onions, tomatoes, and bell pepper cooked on a skillet, right? So I ate 2 corn tortillas and had a few chips so not too shabby. I am holding 2 pounds of water, though, from the booze...161.5 this morning :( BUT, I have weighed 159.5 a few days in a row before this! I am confident I'll get the water off and see more loss, because I promised myself no hard liquor until Memorial Day weekend, when I have some Midori and Stoli put away for some yummy cocktails! :twirly: I still don't eat bread or potatoes, and I think I've had brown rice twice. PLUS the vermicelli I found as Costco that's made from peas, green beens, and water. This stuff makes me very happy!

I know I'm losing super slow, but I also know it's because I still drink some. AND I'm not overweight, but only 10 pounds from where I want to be. The last 10 are always darn near impossible, but I can do it in time for Vegas! :carrot:

so far today:

B - greek yogurt w/splenda, pumpkin pie spice, almonds, and vanilla
S (a.m) - mini babybel light
L - tofu w/peanut butter and Sriracha
S (p.m) - celery sticks w/laughing cow wedge
D - I took out some pork ribs to pressure cook and will either have asparagus or try to do something with the sugar snap peas...

I'm having issues with those sugar snap peas! Somehow I don't really like this batch. Must find something to do with them :?:

alaskanlaughter
05-06-2013, 06:23 PM
my paternal grandmother came over to the US from Bohemia! I am at least 1/4 Czech :D

Where at in Bohemia?? Mine were from a village called Stahlavy near Plzen. I hardly ever find anyone who is from Bohemia. Do you know any of the language? I can sing a few lullabies and polkas but I don't know quite what they mean LOL. I'm learning Czech by translating things related to my family history. PM me if you want! I'd love to hear about your Bohemian family and, if you are interested in genealogy, I know quite a bit about how to research it!

alaskanlaughter
05-06-2013, 06:24 PM
haha I was so excited to see someone else with Bohemian heritage that I didn't even read the whole thread LOL

I had a good workout this morning although I can tell I'm still feeling it in places from running on a trail this weekend...just working this afternoon and that's about it today

welcome to the new ones checking in!!

Syckgirlsfv
05-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Where at in Bohemia?? Mine were from a village called Stahlavy near Plzen. I hardly ever find anyone who is from Bohemia. Do you know any of the language? I can sing a few lullabies and polkas but I don't know quite what they mean LOL. I'm learning Czech by translating things related to my family history. PM me if you want! I'd love to hear about your Bohemian family and, if you are interested in genealogy, I know quite a bit about how to research it!

you know, I don't even know where! I will have to ask my Dad if he knows...his mother was very tight-lipped about everything. She was a hard nut to crack! I think I shall have to start investigating :D

Tinnykins
05-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Breakfast (400+)
2 Sausage links
1 croissant sandwich (cheese and egg)
Lots of strawberries
a bit of watermelon

Lunch (450)
California Roll
Yogurt

Snack (420)
Doritos
2 bags of kettle cooked chips

holy crap didn't do so hot today. o_o
I thought i was doing well with the whole chip thing but today urghhh
will try to do better in the future....

Diana3271
05-06-2013, 10:03 PM

I didn't mention it yesterday, but I did some shopping. I bought 4 capri outfits. I bought some colors/designs that I would have never worn before. They are all very pretty and cute. I got in on a good sale at the outlet. There was one more that I wished I had tried on. I might go back this week, but I don't really need any more. The only things that I need now are maybe a pair or two shorts and maybe a casual pair of pants. I guess by the time I get that stuff I will be in the market for a couple new pairs of jeans. :lol: I have always preferred my jeans dark washed. After a year they start getting pretty faded since I wash them so often. I have 2 pairs of jeans so they each get washed a few times a week. They fade quicker like that.

Magical Ha Ha we both has chicken enchilada's on Saturday. :drool:

Ian Good job on the .8! I hope you break the Tuesday gain cycle. :carrot: Good job keeping with the workouts.

Mamakat Sorry to hear that you are going through those changes again. Sending you my best. Hoping your stomach doesn't stay flared up too long.

Psychic Good job on the .2. They all add up.

Wannabfitnessbuff Can you keep some type of protein bar on hand for you to eat? Have you tried the Quest bars? They have a good amount of protein and fiber.

AdorkablePG Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss so far.

MonteCristo Good food and exercise plan.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you get that sunshine and warmer temps.

Hoopty33 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss. TTOM can make things more difficult. Hang in there.

Jenniferytsma I love MMA style workouts, but I have never tried Kenpo X. Good luck with No Weigh May and your measurements. :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv How are the calories for the vermicelli? How about the flavor? Does Costco have Organic Frozen Sugar Snap Peas? I am having a hard time finding the organic and frozen.

zKmarmaz Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Tinnykins Keep trying, that's all we can do.

Diana3271
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Snack (100 Calories)
I had an I starving! moment raw asparagus 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled steak 400 calories
sauteed bok choy 100 calories
snow peas 100 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (combined workouts premix) w/weighted gloves

Hoopty
05-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Good evening everyone!

I'm happy to say that I was OP today!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + 1 handful of blueberries + 1 cup of tea
Lunch: 1/3 block tofu + 1 Light Life Veggie Burger Patty + 1/3 cup black beans + handful of spinach + 1 cup of tea
Dinner: 1 cup oatmeal + 2 cups vanilla soy milk + handful of strawberries
Exercise: 1 hour of throwing a baseball + football around with DH

I just had my dinner and I was really in the mood for oatmeal again. It always makes me feel so great that's why I can't go without it in the mornings. Even though I still feel a little sick I managed to move around a little. My Husband and I threw our gym clothes on and played catch outside.
Phew, I'm so glad I didn't have any cravings today! Before I go to bed, I'm gonna enjoy another cup of tea and watch Grey's Anatomy.

Diana3271 - Thanks for the nice welcome! :)

alaskanlaughter and Syckgirlsfv - Hello almost neighbors! I was born and raised in Germany, lol!

jennifersytsma - Good luck on your no-weigh challenge! Only taking measurements is actually a really good idea. I always do both just to make sure ;)

I hope everybody has a healthy day tomorrow!

Chronostasis
05-06-2013, 11:24 PM
B/L - 3 crowns of broccoli florets with Earth Balance, serving oatmeal with peanut butter and cocoa powder, large granny smith apple
D - navel orange, medium grapefruit
+ serving of dried mango pieces, handful of chopped pecans, little bit of raw almond butter, 5 ginger lemon gummy candies
+ 4-5 oz of frozen chocolate almond milk

Ugh...was trying to make today a high-calorie day, but it didn't end up that way. Didn't get in the run like I wanted either. :( Life derailed things. Oh well.
I did buy a new bike! Pretty nice one - a Diamondback Insight 2.
Also started driver's ed today...it was painful to sit around in uncomfortable chairs listening to horror stories and watching dorky 90s videos for almost 4 1/2 hours straight (without any possible avenues for distraction). Not going to be a fun 2 weeks.

Syckgirlsfv
05-07-2013, 12:38 AM
hoopty33 - LOL hi!

Diana - the calories are pretty low from what I can recall, I'll have to check the pantry later! The sugar snap peas are fresh - I've never seen frozen. I'm having trouble liking these, though...maybe a bad batch but they taste different to me. I'm trying to figure out how to make them so that I'll eat them before they go bad ;(

I did make the pork ribs in the pressure cooker...SO good! I made a big salad with hearts of romaine, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, and Bolt House Farms blue cheese dressing. I also had half a sweet potato while DH had his mashed ones. I'm staying strong!

I did something funky to my right knee - I think when I was jogging on a dirt trail that was uneven and thick. Then made it worse at step class, and now haven't been to step class in two weeks! I can walk fine, ride my bike, even do eliptical type cardio...but when I get up or sit down, or try to kneel, I feel like screaming! I wonder how long this will go on?!?!?! Me no likey.

Syckgirlsfv
05-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Diana the vermicelli has 165 calories and not much else per serving! ;)

magical
05-07-2013, 02:51 AM
Quick one again.

Diana, saw the coincidence, lol :)

B: coffee, 1 bowl of spaghetti bol, choc bar
L: coffee
D: 1 pck chips, celery and banana smoothie, salad, 1 bowl spaghetti bol

Really high cal day today. May have been restricting my cals too much the past few days. Hmmm...

Psychic
05-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1424
Today's Weight: 177.4

Bloated for some reason. Gained 0.6 overnight. Going to wing night tonight, so my diet is shot. Probably around 3000 calories after all is said and done in dinner alone. Stupid tasty wings.

Diana3271
05-07-2013, 08:14 AM

Weigh In: 159.2 (TTOM)

I'll take that .2! Yesterday I had to take Advil a couple times due to TTOM. Advil causes water weight for me. I think today is going to be another Advil day. :(

MonteCristo
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone!

I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday, as my dog Sydney somehow managed to get something shoved up her nail when we were having afternoon playtime. I had to rush her to the vet, and they had to sedate her to remove it, and then keep her over night. Which really threw my entire schedule to the wind, plus I was pretty upset about it (I hate leaving her). Tonight I'm seeing Ironman 3 with my family, so no exercise tonight either. But I should be back on the workout wagon Wednesday.

Tuesday
Breakfast: cheese sandwich, tea - 255
Lunch: chili cornbread casserole, 1/2 cucumber - 496
Snack: orange - 75
Dinner: chicken strip sandwich, 1c blueberries - 507
Total: 1333 cals

AdorkablePG
05-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Yesterday I started the rockin body dance workout. It's tough but fun.

Didn't really count calories since I had made a huge pot of cabbage soup and ate that throughout the day.

Scale this morning 236.8 2lbs lost since Sunday.

alaskanlaughter
05-07-2013, 12:03 PM
good morning :) I stayed pretty much on plan with calories yesterday...I probably will today too...it's sunny but I have meetings all morning so no gym time today...DH wants to go back to the trail tonight so I might do some running down there later...we'll see...my ankle and knee are still aching but those are my "weakest links" so to speak, so that's common

wannaBfitnessbuff
05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
My calories were 1867 yesterday. So 93 below the 1960 goal. I didnt stay up and do any late night eating. Yay! Got home from work and went straight to bed and slept hard and well will the alarm went off at 7. Had a dentist appointment this morning right after I took my step daughter to her bus stop. So I didn't get any breakfast till just a few mins ago. Holy cow I was so hungry! Stopped at the grocery store on the way home and I'm so proud to announce that in spite of being hungry I didn't buy a single junky food item. And I did no eating I the car en route home. I have such a bad habit of buying some bag of processed salty snacks crap and eating it when driving home when I am hungry. Green giant vegetables were in sale and I bought a box of broccoli and cheese and ate the entire thing when I got home. Not exactly whole foods healthy. But compared to chips or something of that sort, I feel it was a victory!

Hope everyone's day is looking good. I hope I can get some stones loved today and get the backyard project underway.

P.S. is more hungers the a good sign? Sign that the metabolism is firing up from the intense workouts? Even when I was my heaviest and most put of shape I wouldn't get the same hunger feeling. I would feel cranky and crave junk then. I don't think I really ever felt truly "hungry". Now if get a hollow and empty feeling and today was even light headed. And while salty snack always sound good. I wasn't craving them. In fact the apple I ate immediately upon arriving home was like the most perfect thing I have ever eaten (at least seemed so in that moment) so this is progress? Even though I'd think hungry is not so good for trying to lose weight, I feel it's a better hungry?

Syckgirlsfv
05-07-2013, 02:52 PM
morning! my day has not started out too well :(

I have to leave work early and take my truck to the mechanic, because it felt like i had a front tire go flat when I got here and when I looked, my tires were fine. Must be something under the front end...hope it isn't too expensive! I can't complain too much, because as far as vehicles go, my truck is the best I've ever had! Never any problems with it, and at 9 years old I think it's reasonable that something need to be replaced.

B - egg sub, turkey bacon, jarlsberg light swiss

S - mini babybel light

not sure if I'll eat my lunch before I take off, but I brought deli turkey, light swiss, jalapenos, baby spinach, and an SBD wrap.

I'll be back later!!!

IanG
05-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Late one for me (it's 9.30pm here) because of work meetings.

Down 1lb today. The gym has broken the cycle of Tuesday gains. And Diana, YOU PLANTED THE SEED WITH THE RUNNING SUGGESTION!

Anyway, food for today:

Lettuce, tomato, onion, sun dried tomato, boiled egg, smoked trout, tuna, olives

Lunch: Beef salad with tomato, onion, corn, lettuce, pickles. Half a flat bread. Some cheese. A little yoghurt sauce. Yum.

Dinner: Red wine followed by beer chasers.

Exercise:45 mins in the gym. Ran 1.5 miles in 15 minutes. Did 30 mins of weights although I should not have because I need to rest my muscles! I think I am a weight addict. Am certainly becoming a gym rat!

Radiojane
05-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Popping in to say hi, am on my road trip. Not fully on plan, but drinking my water, exercising and not eating like a mad woman. See you in a few days!

Diana3271
05-07-2013, 10:30 PM

DH need to go a couple places after work, so we ate at the Cafeteria. We can get through there quicker than a regular restaurant. I have had issues with this place before. I'm not sure if it's the sodium or MSG. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Hoopty Congrats on the on plan day! Love those! :carrot:

Chronostasis Good luck with the Drivers Ed class. When do you start tutoring?

Syckgirlsfv I used to be able to find organic frozen sugar snaps at Whole Foods but they don't have them any more. The last fresh ones I bought were not as good either. I can eat those things like candy. :drool: The vermicelli sounds interesting. I hope there's wasn't anything major wrong with your truck.

Magical Hi :wave:

Psychic Enjoy wing night. Have fun.

MonteCristo How is Sydney today? I hope everything is OK with her.

AdorkablePG Good job on Rockin Body. Is this the one with Shaun T?

Alaskanalughter Did you get back on the trail today?

Wannabfitnessbuff I think getting more hungry is a sign of increased metabolism. You just have to be careful when feeling like that, especially with doing an intense workout like Insanity. You don't want to eat back your workout calories. Good job with the apple.

Ian Good job breaking your Tuesday gain cycle. Keep up the great work with your workouts!

Radiojane Good to see you check in.

Diana3271
05-07-2013, 10:33 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Baked chicken (white meat) 300 calories
okra and tomatoes 100 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
green beans 100 calories
steamed cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
Results Fitness 10 Days to a Better Body w/5's and 12's

Syckgirlsfv
05-07-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm back! Good evening all!!! Turns out my truck is fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. My mechanic said that because of the big treads on my all-terrain tires, it's possible that a good sized rock got wedged in between them which made it wobble all crazy and feel like a flat. He said once I accelerated it probably kicked the rock back out of the tread - but I'm still really glad he looked at it. He put it up on the lift and made sure everything was tight and in good shape so I'm feeling much better about it. I'm thanking God there is nothing wrong! :D

for dinner we had last night's left-over pork country ribs and gravy, and asparagus. DH had his mashed potatoes and me the other half of my sweet potato. YUM!

Everyone have a great night!

Chronostasis
05-07-2013, 11:20 PM
B - "blueberry pie" oatmeal (oats, rice milk, blueberries, stevia)
L - mix of 1/2 avocado, 1 can rinsed black beans, ~1/2 cup frozen corn
D - large sweet potato, 5 slices chicken breast, small handful cranberries, spinach
+ medium orange, small-ish granny smith apple

A day or two without being very hungry certainly doesn't bother me, but now it's been 4 days with zero hunger...worries me a bit. I've only eaten when I remind myself or when I'm getting spacey/tired, and even then I don't particularly want to eat (though I do like the food.)

HungryHungryHippo
05-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Misti—I’m sure you are recouping now, but am dying to hear how you are!!
MamaKat—didn’t know you deal w/bipolar too (my best friend does as well), but impressive, for using in such a productive way, and hope you can get some well-deserved rest, now!! 
Alaskan & Syck—I’m part Czech too!

So, today I went to Ikea w/ a friend, and didn’t have time for lunch first (usually a protein portion and a veggie.) Went to “Marketplace,” and bought two jars of fish roe, for 75 calories each, to kind of make due. OMG—I am a salt fiend, but had to stop short!! I even tried adding ketchup and (ahem) Equal, to make it like a fish & cocktail sauce. It was never meant to be eaten alone—more like a condiment—my bad!! Oh well! ;-) But I definitely think I would buy it to put on deviled eggs, or red bliss potatoes & sour cream, for a cocktail party app! AND, only $1.99 for 3 oz! 

Misti in Seattle
05-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone

Wow I have been MIA lately but I am recuperating well.... just that since I am staying alone now I have to get up to be on the computer so don't do it as much. I have the laptop set up on the desk... still cannot lift more than five pounds.

I had my second post-op yesterday and the nurse says everything is healing as it should. I went off of the pain meds except Tylenol so I could drive a bit so am experiencing some pain still, but nothing that is not normal.

Hope to be able to catch up on my reading in the next day or so.

Misti in Seattle
05-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Ian—you make me laugh—I know drinks aren’t part of everyone’s plan, but they’re part of mine too! (I had to cut them out while I was in the losing phase, but that’s because I’m a girl, and get fewer calories.)
GMNEVO—wow—can’t believe you are doing that well @ Disney!! Hats (or mouse ears) off to you!
Gypsytales—welcome!! You’re off to a great start!

Had my “pre-op” with the plastic surgeon today, although the (cosmetic facial) surgery isn’t until the 15th. A little freaked out that I can’t exercise for 10 days after. It took me a long time to build up the stamina to run 3 miles, or do a Jillian video every day, and I don’t want to have to start over. Think I am going to calculate calorie burn and walk it off every day to stay even, even if it means a 3-hour walk.

Wow so you are getting close!!! I know what you mean as I cannot exercise at all for a month at least. But hang in there... we will build back up!!!

alaskanlaughter
05-08-2013, 01:41 AM
hungryhippo - do you know anything about your Czech heritage? can you speak any of the language? is your real name a Czech name? mine was Shramek, an American version of Sramek

Diana - I got out on the trail tonight and ran the length of the trail, which i'm estimating is about 2 miles maybe, then I walked the length of the trail back because my ankle was starting to bother me...my right ankle is weak because I've nearly broken it a few times in the past...treadmill doesn't bother it but running outside does so when it really starts to bother me, that's when I stop and am done for the night lol

it's supposed to be sunny ALL WEEK(!!) and even up to 70 on Friday!!! we only get a few rare days during each summer where the temps hit 70 or warmer

magical
05-08-2013, 04:21 AM
Good day:
B: cereal, coffee
L: grilled salmon, salad, coffee
D: tea

mamakat
05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Good Morning,

HungryHippo Yeah, I deal with a lot of junk. My family was a cesspool of diseases and disorders and lucky for me, they gave it all to me and now I get to do the same to my kids :p

I am done with the kitchen. Just as I was finishing up my chairs, my hip flexor gave out. All my joints are officially done for. My elbows hurt! :rofl: I was worried I'd need my cane for the walk in New Haven, but I got good parking. My wrists can't support my body right now, so a cane is out of the question. But I managed through the day! And now I can rest my body and overuse my mind. I haven't written in forever due to fatigue and while I'm resting lately (driving, showering, eating) I have rewritten the story yet again in my head. So I will use my mania to focus on that. I'm not sure it's resting my wrists and elbows, though :) I've been awake since 4 staring at the clock. I'm trying to stay in bed til 6 even if awake...I'm trying to out mind my mind...it's not working :p

I still have no idea how much I weigh. I do know that my body is so swollen that I'm tight everywhere. My rings are stuck on my fingers and I can't get them off. My shoes are tight, along with clothes. I had to make an emergency run to the store for t-shirts! I'm in size 16 (tight) pants when I normally wear 12 (loose). Needless to say, it's uncomfortable. I am drinking tons of water but without sleep plus the ligament agitations, not sure when I'll lose this water. We shall see :)

Misti Good to see you. Are you up and moving around now? How's your swelling?

Well I'm off to go and rewrite! This story will never end. Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
05-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Well, it happened, again! There is something evil in that cafeteria food! I'm sure my TTOM isn't helping, but that restaurant causes problems every time. :mad: Speaking of TTOM, I'm on day 10. I am so ready for it to be over! Hint, Hint!

Weigh In: 160.6 (TTOM)
Up: 1.4 pounds :mad:

Psychic
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Yesterday's Calories:3383+
Today's Weight: 179

Meh. Sodium bloat & way too many calories. Goal for today is liquids only. Shooting for 1000 calories to try to combat some of this. My stomach feels queasy from the wings still.

Hoopty
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Hello everybody!

Didn't have a great day yesterday :/

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + 1 handful blueberries
Lunch: whole-grain penne + handful of spinach + 1 tomato + 1/2 avocado + 1/4 cup edamame + 1 watermelon (wedge)
Dinner: 1/4 cup edamame + leftover watermelon + 1 Light Life veggie burger patty + 1 Tbsp Tzaziki
Junk food: 5 Mini Chips Ahoy cookies + 18 Honey Graham crackers (aarrghhh!!!) + 1 tbsp raspberry jam
Exercise: 30 min brisk walk

The graham crackers weren't even that satisfying :( So yeah - went waaay over my calories.
Also - The roof of my mouth hurts really, really bad. I don't know if it's from my wisdom teeth or from something I ate but it's a horrible pain. I woke up this morning and I can barely drink water, that's how much it hurts.
Today is my weigh-in but I'm not sure if I'm really gonna hop on the scale :/

Well, will check back with you guys later. Have a great day everyone!

MonteCristo
05-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Diana - Syndey is fine now. They managed to fix her foot up without any issues, and she's back to her normal crazy self!

Wednesday
Breakfast: sausage and cheese english muffin, tea - 405
Lunch: chili cornbread casserole, orange - 549
Dinner: 4oz chicken breast, 1c rice, 1c mixed veggies - 492
Total: 1446

As for a workout, I'm planning on mowing my yard this evening, so about 90 minutes of pushmowing. If it happens to rain (please, no more rain!) then I'll do a yoga video.

IanG
05-08-2013, 12:38 PM
End of work day. Phew, a busy one.

Down 0.4lbs today. Off to Istanbul tomorrow for some more meetings and where I will stay the weekend. Istanbul is much more fun that Ankara but will the gym at the hotel there be as good as the one here? I doubt it. But hopefully good enough.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar. 1 protein shake.
Lettuce, tomato, onion, red pepper, sun dried tomato, boiled egg, smoked trout, olives

Lunch: Chicken salad with tomato, carrrot, onion, corn, lettuce, pickles. A flat bread. A little yoghurt sauce. Yum.

Dinner: Red wine followed by beer chasers.

Exercise: 1 hour busting my butt in the gym. Did weights and then ran two-thirds of a mile in seven minutes. I'll do just running tomorrow to rest my muscles. I'd like to go for a big one. Did 1.5 miles last time. Can I do 2 miles?

Syckgirlsfv
05-08-2013, 02:21 PM
morning! I am officially changing my ticker, as I have been consistently weighing 159.5:carrot: Just gotta stay on track and keep going in the down direction :D

B - egg sub, turkey bacon, Jarlsberg light Swiss
S - string cheese
L - SBD wrap w/deli turkey, Jarlsberg light, lettuce, jalapenos
S - celery sticks w/laughing cow wedge, cucumber slices w/Bolt House Farms Salsa Ranch

I'm not cooking tonight, because I am going to Bible study at my church (been wanting to do this for a long time! :p) I'll probably make a big salad when I get home from work to tide me over with blue cheese crumbles, peppers, some deli meat...I know the ladies bring snacks but I'm not sure what yet. I'll find out!

Have a wonderful day, all! :cool:

AdorkablePG
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Yesterday and today I have been eating good and working out. This morning my weight was down to 235 even. I have lost 3.8lbs in 3 days.

IanG
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Wow Adorkable. You are rocking this. I have a fellow rocker!

I have found the combo of eating good and working out can really get me in the sweet spot.

And you have too!

AdorkablePG
05-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks Ian, I am so in the right mind set. I have been angry with myself for the last year and now ready to stop beating myself up and finish what I started.

This week I will be busting my booty doing the rocking body dance workouts, and Monday I will start back at the gym. I have big goals. I want to be back under 200lbs by the end of summer. (well by mid August)

Syckgirlsfv
05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
ARGH! I fell prey to an OREO cake! :moo: LOL, I had 3 bites of it...very tiny sliver, but I know I shouldn't give in to stuff like that. Although, now it's very rare that I do, but at least I am able to have just a bite or two (or 3) and leave it at that. Because believe that there is still a giant half of that cake sitting out there near the conference room.

Last night I went to the gym and did chest and back, I forgot to mention that in my check-in. I also did 13 minutes of cardio on the air trainer, but then DH came and announced he was done with his workout and wanted to go. :lifter: I was ok with that, still burned 175 calories.

I am trying to take at least 1, if not 2, days completely off of exercise for a few weeks, because of my knee. So tonight will be one of them, since Bible study is from 6-8 and I get home from work around 4:30. Hmmm...although I could ride my bike for like half an hour or so first. Definitely cutting out the friday night step class for a while. This knee thing sucks. :cry:

GMNEVO
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Baack!! Vacation is over, got back from 5 days at Disney and I know I shouldnt but couldnt conrol myself so went straight to weight myself and successss fully clothed (without shoes) I weight 272.8 which is a little less than I did before vacation!! I'm so happy Disney had me so stressed out I'l definitely see the impact tomorrow morning on my regular weight in but as off now Im a happy camper!

alaskanlaughter
05-08-2013, 09:48 PM
im almost done at work for the day...it's been a nice, slow, sunny day at work...I went to the gym but was just very sore from last night's run outside so I opted to walk at a brisk pace for 45 minutes...covered just over 2.5 miles on the treadmill...after work i'm going to go out one more time on the trail and run some more...tomorrow I can't because I have meetings all evening tomorrow and I know the sunshine won't last around here...it's probably gonna rain for another month pretty soon :)

Diana3271
05-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Syckgirlsfv I'm glad all is well with your car. What a relief for you. Congrats on the 150's.

Chronostasis How are you feeling, other than not being hungry?

HungryHungryHippo LOL I can see you trying to choke down the salty lunch. ;)

Misti I'm glad you are recuperating well and the pain has lessened.

Alaskanalughter The uneven ground is probably the problem with you ankle. Glad you are getting good temps and weather.

Magical How are you doing? You didn't eat much. I hope you are doing OK.

Mamakat Good luck with the writing. Hang in there with that water weight. You and I could probably float a boat. :rofl:

Psychic How did it go with the liquids only? That would be tough for me. I hear you on the bloat, though. I am right there with you.

Hoopty Sorry about the bad day. Good thing is that today is an new day and you can try again. Hang in there.

MonteCristo I'm glad to hear Syndey is better. Is that pronounce like Cindy? What breed is she?

Ian How is the gym at the hotel in Istanbul? Are you going to venture out on the foods?

AdorkablePG Congrats on the 3.8 pound loss and for staying consistent with your food and exercise.

GMNEVO Welcome back! Congrats with doing well while on vacation.

Diana3271
05-08-2013, 10:48 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

HungryHungryHippo
05-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Misti – glad to hear you are doing well!!
Alaskan – I don’t know much about my family’s Czech heritage, although we make Kolackies @ holidays, and share Oplatki (communion wafer), and my grandma used to make Bukta (some kind of bread). My last name is, if not Czech, at least Eastern Bloc—starts with a K, and is hard to spell, with lots of consonants! ;-)
Ian – I’m jealous of your trip—I always love an adventure—although I know you are there for work!
Adorkable – nice job!!!
GMNEVO – Wow—well done!!

Hoopty
05-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Hey guys,

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + handful of blueberries
Lunch: Smoothie (1 cup vanilla soy milk, 2 handfuls of spinach, strawberries, 1 banana) + 1/2 cup edamame + 2 tbsp Tzaziki
Dinner: 1/2 cup edamame + 2 tbsp Tzaziki + 1 Light Life Veggie Burger Patty + 7 big strawberries
Exercise: 45 min interval on the treadmill + brisk 3.2 mile walk (to the mall) + fast 3.2 mile walk (back home)

I decided to hop on the scale today: 142.4 lbs. That's 2.2 lbs up since last week. I'm not surprised though - with TOM and 2 major off plan days, what can I expect? I'm gonna try to not let myself indulge too many sweets this week. I wanna see the weight come off - not back on. I haven't had a full body workout for 6 days now due to me being sick. But that's gonna change tomorrow. I did go to the gym today but only had time for cardio.

Congrats to everyone whose scale moved down! :) Let's hope I'll be celebrating with you next week ;)

Have a happy day everyone!

alaskanlaughter
05-09-2013, 02:32 AM
im exhausted :( even my fingers are tired lol

I worked this morning n went to the gym....I did 2.5 miles of walking at a very brisk pace...I worked all afternoon and then went to the trail to run...I ran the length of the trail in exactly 20 minutes with a few minor stops for breath...I walked the length of the trail back in 28 minutes at a brisk pace...im exhausted, shaky and hungry :( I hate to eat more but i'm starving and shaky even after a moderate dinner...I have a horrid kink in my neck/shoulder too and I don't know why...and to top it all off, I came home from my run to find finance problems that I wasn't aware of....ughhhhh does life EVER stop?

magical
05-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Diana, you're wonderful. Thank you for your concern. I have not been that well the past few days, hence the minimal postings on the thread and in the forum.

B: lasagne, coffee
L: tea
D: Lean Cuisine beef pasta, coffee

Psychic
05-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Diana - Did well till dinner. Had a protein shake and a can of V8 for breakfast and Pom Wonderful & Almond Milk for lunch. Family dinner is hard to get out of, but I had 3 sauerkraut pierogies and a sun-dried tomato sausage with no bun. Also had a handful of sweet potato triscuit.

Yesterday's Calories: 1395
Today's Weight: 177.8

I'm still recovering from Tuesday. Plus, I have bloat from TOM. Looking forward to the scale dropping back to 177.

mamakat
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Good Morning,

Diana :lol: yea, I bet we could float a boat. Last night, right before dinner, my hands were normal (showing my bones :p) where I could slip my rings off. I even showed off. I should have left them off! I woke up with swollen hands again. I chanced the scale...I lost my 100lb mark again, at 98 :( I hope it evens out soon. I figure it's muscular and ligaments, so once I allow my body to rest, hopefully, it will go back to normal...I know it's not over eating, but I did cheat over the weekend...my intestines are probably swollen as well. Gotta love all our fun trials...10 day TTOMS, bluck. Hope it ends for you soon.

Not a lot to report. I ended up resting all day. Editing was erasing over 100 pages of my novel. Yikes, that was daunting enough to wipe me out. I'll focus on that today. I did do laundry, so I feel accomplished :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
05-09-2013, 08:17 AM

Weigh In: 160.2 (TTOM)
Down: .4

IanG
05-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I am at the airport waiting to get on the plane to Istanbul so, Diana, I will tell you about the gym tomorrow. I kind of went crazy with lunch today (couldn't face another salad) but boy was it good.

Up 1.0lb today unfortunately. The Tuesday weekly gain has become the Thursday weekly gain. Doh!

Anyway, food for today:

Lettuce, tomato, onion, red pepper, sun dried tomato, boiled egg, smoked trout, tuna, olives

Lunch: WOWZERS. Lots of lamb, rice, lots of bread, yogurt dip, aubergine dip, stuffed vine leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, tomatoes.

Dinner: Most probably red wine followed by beer chasers.

Exercise: 20 minutes on the treadmill running 2 miles.

alaskanlaughter
05-09-2013, 11:56 AM
good morning :) I ate a little too much last night so i'll try to eat less today to balance it out....i'll be at the gym later and might just walk steep inclines because my ankle is still recovering from being on the trail last night....I was so sore that I didn't sleep well...I have meetings all evening so I wont get to the trail tonight, which I knew, which is why I did both the gym and the trail yesterday

Chronostasis
05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
@Diana - I was feeling pretty ill (I suspect I caught a mild virus), but I'm feeling somewhat better now. Hunger's still pretty minimal, but it's not so hard to get myself to eat.

Forgot to post yesterday, but here's what I ate:
B - none
L - chocolate yogurt (greek yogurt, cocoa powder, stevia, agave syrup), large banana
D - Chipotle vegetarian bowl (brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, corn salsa, medium salsa, guacamole, lettuce)
+ small gala apple, navel orange

Exercise: 6-7 miles biking, 70-80 minutes swimming laps

Weighed in this morning and was 178.2 (going down from last week, but STILL up from my lowest 2 weeks ago, at 177.4).
My diet has been fine and I've been exercising more...going to trust that it's just water retention or something. Kinda disappointing, though.

Syckgirlsfv
05-09-2013, 01:23 PM
morning chicks and Ian! (Ian I didn't want you to think I was calling you a chick OR leaving you out :D)

still hanging tough at 159.5...but I have been eating more like I'm in maintenance rather than trying to lose lately so that's cool. I'll kick it up a notch the closer I get to Vegas - works better for me that way.

last night's dinner - vermicelli (longkou) w/coconut oil, herbs, and sriracha, leftover pork rib.

Had a little bit of sweet stuff at Bible study - it was so much fun! Just some chex mix one of the ladies brought and two bites of chocolate pudding/cool whip

glass of wine at bedtime. ;)

today: had a little bit of the chex mix from bible study on the way to work.

B - egg sub, turkey bacon, Jarlsberg light swiss
S - string cheese
L - SBD wrap, deli turkey, lettuce, Jarlsberg light, jalapenos
S - celery w/laughing cow wedge

IanG
05-09-2013, 05:32 PM
glass of wine at bedtime.

Hopefully more than just a glass!

Syckgirlsfv
05-09-2013, 06:35 PM
it's just a glass...but it holds the equivalent of 2 :cheers:

Diana3271
05-09-2013, 09:58 PM

Hoopty I hope you are feeling better and could get to the gym.

Alaskanlaughter I'm sorry about the finance stuff. I hope it can get easily resolved. Hang in there.

Magical I hope you are feeling better. :hug:

Psychic Great job, yesterday.

Mamakat I have noticed now that I wake most mornings swollen. I can tell it's the angio edema. I am taking 2 Allegra a day. The edema seems better controlled than it was, but I can tell something is different with me. It's like the edema settles in at night. As I move around in the during the day, my fingers feel less swollen, etc. I had a small flare up this week. Good luck with the editing and rewriting. Did you ever steal your Wii back? :D

Ian Have you had the foods you had at lunch before? (like it was prepared?) I enjoy trying different foods. Stay safe in your travels.

Chronostasis I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there with the water weight.

Syckgirlsfv Good job maintaining, for now. ;) I can't wait for you to go to Vegas. You will have to tell me all about the food! I am such a foodie!

Diana3271
05-09-2013, 10:01 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/#12's + #1 weighted gloves

Chronostasis
05-09-2013, 10:11 PM
B - 1 whole avocado, ~1/3 of a large cantaloupe, 7 small black licorice candies
L - few oz of lean deli turkey with candied cucumbers (aka sweet relish), 2 corn tortilla shells with chicken strips and fresh salsa, 2 tablespoons peanut butter
D - huge, cake-batter-sized bowl of sweet potato leek soup (vegetable broth, 1 large sweet potato, 1 large leek, few tablespoons olive oil)
+1 medium navel orange, 12 oz half-frozen chocolate almond milk

I feel like this week has given me a taste of what it's like to be on the other side - to be a person who's trying to gain weight. Without much of a desire to eat, it's been very difficult for me to eat enough. Even with trying to make my food higher-calorie, it's been very difficult for me to eat more than 1000-1300 kcal (my "target" is about 1600-1900 kcal). The last thing I want is to trade one food problem (eating too much) for another (not eating enough), so I've had to semi-force myself to eat sometimes. If I didn't, I suspect I would not be eating more than 500-700 kcal a day, at most. Gives me renewed respect for those on the flip side of the coin. Honestly, I think it can be harder for them than it is for us.
That said, I still think this is just a temporary phase. It might seem like every dieter's dream to not want food, but it's really not.

Hoopty
05-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Good evening everyone!

Diana3271 - Thanks! :) I actually feel much better now!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + handful of blueberries
Lunch: 1/2 cup edamame + scrambled eggs (1 egg + 2 egg whites) + 1/4 avocado + 1 watermelon wedge
Snack: Smoothie (1 cup vanilla soymilk + 1.5 handfuls of spinach + 1 banana + handful of strawberries
Dinner: 1/2 cup edamame + 1 pack Green Giant Teriyaki Vegetables + 1 pear
Exercise: stationary bike resistance level: 12 - 8.2 miles in 30 min plus cool down + full body workout

I was actually craving something sweet this afternoon but opted for a healthy smoothie instead, yay! Feeling much better now - the cold is finally going away. I hadn't done a full body workout in 6 days and definitely felt it today.
After I got done I hopped on the scale: 141.4 lbs. That's 1 lb down since yesterday. TOM still here but should be gone in a couple of days. I'm very motivated since I could get back into the high 130s by next Wednesday, we'll see.

I hope you guys have a healthy day tomorrow! :)

magical
05-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Diana, thank you :) It's been on and off for some time. Now off, so that's good.

B: coffee, banana, caesar salad, 1/2 bowl chicken risotto
L: 2 melting moment biscuits, 1 slice ginger cake
D: tea, bite of kids' steak & mash

Diana3271
05-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Good Morning :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

I hope all the Mom's have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day on Sunday.

Anyone have plans for the weekend or special Mother's Day plans?

We are going out Mother's Day like we would have if my Mom was still with us. It's the first year without her, so she will be on my mind and heart. DH wanted to go to a nice buffet. They always have good buffet's for holidays. I told him no that I wanted to go where I want to go. :lol: I told him that I am the "big mamma" now. :lol: We can go where he wants to go for Father's Day. I want to go to Red Lobster. I like their grilled salmon. I will order that and the steamed broccoli. I will also wear one of my new cute outfits. I'm excited about that! :) After lunch I want to go to a fro-yo place. So my plan is that the fro-yo will take the place of dinner. All and all I should be within my calorie range, although I probably won't be able to figure out the fro-yo since I want the toppings, too.

I want to stay on track as much as possible since I have to go to my Endo in two weeks. I am really curious about my thyroid since my weight has not dropped and I have maintained. I am hoping that it's still a little out of whack. I am eating in the same calorie range and working out the same as to when I lost down to my goal weight originally. I was truly hoping that I would lose some since my last appointment. I guess it could also be from the stress of all that I have been through, in general. :dunno:

Anyways, today is my early day. I had to get up an hour earlier than normal. I went to bed a little earlier than normal but not as early as I should have.

After work we are supposed to go to my Mom's house to remove some more of my DH's things and take them to the farm. This will be another long day. Hopefully it won't seem too bad since we plan on closing early (4 PM) for the day. That gives us more time to get it all done.

Weigh In: 160.4 (TTOM)
Up: .2

Today is day 12 of TTOM. I think it will be ending in the next day or so. I will be glad about that. Last month it was 11 days. This year it has ranged from 8 days to 18 days. I think January it was 18 days. Maybe things are improving? :lol: I've got to think positive (praying that it doesn't get worse). :lol:

Make the most of your day and make it a great day for yourself!

Psychic
05-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1923
Today's Weight: 176.6

Didn't do too well on calories yesterday. I was in the mood for Subway. While waiting in line, the guy in front of me got a Chicken Bacon Ranch. It looked really good, so I ordered a footlong. I planned on eating half yesterday and the other half for my lunch today, but I was really hungry and ended up eating the whole thing. However, the sodium/TOM/etc. weight from the last couple of days finally came off. Lowest weigh-in yet!

GMNEVO
05-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Super exited weighted myself this morning and I'm out of the 270's!!! 269.8!!! :D o so awesome!

Today's plan:

B: 2 cups of special K honey Oat cereal + 1 cup of fat free milk
L: Healthy choice Tv dinner...one of those 300 calorie ones.
D: TBD going to happy hour so will try to stay away fro beer

Snacks: Banana, Yogurt

alaskanlaughter
05-10-2013, 12:05 PM
my weight never seems to drop below 180 :( but I know my body has gotten smaller so i'm trying to be okay with that and not tied to the number on the scale

today I do HIIT running later this morning...I realized last night that I've been doing a pretty hard workout for 10 out of the last 12 days and i'm starting to really feel it...sore All The Time....so I know this weekend I need to rest

it's also sunny out and supposed to be almost 70(!!) this afternoon!!....and in an experiment at home, I'm tired of picking up absolutely everything for everyone and have refused to pick up a leftover sandwich and yogurt cup in the living room....not a big deal, just haven't picked them up and don't plan on it....I asked someone last night to pick up two blankets off the floor and they responded "I will before you get home tomorrow night"...really???...just pick them up off the darn floor! *sigh*

IanG
05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Up 3.0lbs today! I have never been this volatile. Could be the sodium from yesterday's lunch or the flight or none of the above. I have done well today so far but am going out tonight for a meal and drinks. I need to be careful with that meal.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast:
Small fruit salad and a boiled egg

Lunch: Chicken salad with baked aubergine, tomatoes and onion

Dinner: tbd but will be lots of drink. Hope I end up at an Istanbul nightclub too.

Exercise: 1 hour lifting weights in the gym. Ran 1km on the treadmill at 9km/h.

The gym in this hotel is quite old but there are tons of machines. So that is gonna keep me busy for the next few days I am here. Then back to Ankara on Monday where I stay for the rest of next week.

Chronostasis
05-10-2013, 07:43 PM
B - medium navel orange, 2 cups black tea
L - 1 cup sweetened vanilla greek yogurt, large orange bell pepper stuffed with garlic hummus, lean deli turkey, & paprika
D - bowl of dahl (red lentils, coconut milk, vegetable broth, tomato, onion, green pepper, garlic, spices)
+ reasonable portion tortilla chips and fresh salsa, 6 medium-small strawberries, parfait cup (frozen raspberries, sweetened vanilla greek yogurt)
+ small granny smith apple
[+ snack or small dessert later?]

E: ~25-35 minutes swimming laps (didn't want to swim too long, I have a swim test at 5:30 AM tomorrow)

Went to the doctor today for 2 vaccines and some bloodwork. Glad to see that everything was normal - hemoglobin (anemia has been a problem for me before), cholesterol, blood pressure - all good.
I seriously contemplated blowing half my calories for the day just on vanilla greek yogurt. It's loaded with sugar, I'm sure, but soooo good.
I accidentally forgot to turn down the heat on the dahl, so the bottom burnt. :( The rest of it was fine though. I'm proud of myself for eating so much tomato in it (I hate the taste of tomatoes).

werth6812
05-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Hello to all~
My name is Ashley, and i am new to weight loss forums and am hoping to find support to reach my goal.
I am a wife, a mother of 3, and a full time nursing student, so my schedule is always hectic; but isn't everyones? I had my 3rd child 2.5 years ago and that is when my struggle with weight began. I gained 90 pounds during that pregnancy and have since put on another 34 pounds, uhg! So i started on diet pills, i know that is a dirty word to so many, but just trying to be honest :) I am counting calories and have since lost 21 pounds in the last 10 days, i started May 1st. So her's to another 103 pounds. Thanks for allowing me to join the forum and good luck to everyone. I have found so much inspiration here.

Diana3271
05-11-2013, 12:02 AM

Chronostasis How are you feeling today? Glad the Dr. appointment went well.

Hoopty Glad you are feeling better. Congrats on the pound.

Magical I hope your day went well.

Psychic Congrats on the new low!

GMNEVO Congrats on the 260's! :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter I hope you can get a chance to rest your muscles this weekend.

Ian My angio edema will cause crazy gains like that over night, for no reason. It drove me crazy while I was trying to lose weight. I had no idea that I had something wrong. I am also super sodium sensitive. I hope you are able to make good choices for dinner and you enjoy yourself.

Werth6812 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Diana3271
05-11-2013, 12:06 AM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled steak 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 45 from the Pump program w/weighted gloves

GMNEVO
05-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Its official I fell of the success train and straight into my face went out to happy hour....and got way to happy/ shots, beer, drinks o man Im sure tomorrow Il be back in the 170's!!! :'(

Chronostasis
05-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Diana Me too. I did learn something today at the dr. - blood should always be drawn from my right arm, not my left. The nurse was poking and fishing around in my left arm for nearly two minutes for a really deep vein before finally sticking the other one instead. :dizzy: Good to know for future reference!
I'm feeling pretty well today, thanks. :D Still need to up my portions. Swimming has been nice - I'm settling back into it after nearly 4 years without doing any kind of serious swimming.

GMNEVO Back up on your feet now! Just a bump in the road, darlin'.

alaskanlaughter
05-11-2013, 02:06 AM
I put my stats into those BMR and TDEE calculators and it said my BMR is about 1590 and that my TDEE is 2400(??)...something like that...but I seem to be maintaining around 180-184 by eating under 1500/netting under 1500 daily....I wonder what's up with that...

I worked all day and did an HIIT running workout at the gym this morning....after work I made dinner, cleaned the house and took younger son and puppy for a long walk on the trail...it was a super slowwww walk but it was a lot of fun...

right now i'm at 1900 calories for the day, net 1570....I try to figure out where I should be eating at but it gives me a headache lol

magical
05-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Chronostasis, I love yoghurt so i'll eat 1 huge tub of it occasionally. That will fill me up for the day till dinner time if I eat it at breakfast. 1kg tub will be like 1000 cals!

Diana, you've been doing really well with the calorie counting and sticking to your limit. Good luck with the endo appointment. Do you use a tracker like MFP? I used to do that but got really slack at entering data!

Also, Happy Mothers Day to you. A bittersweet moment for Sunday without your mom.:hug:

GMNEVO, yep, back up on your feet tomorrow!

Alaskanlaughter, I used to eat back my cals and could still lose weight. But then it became more and more difficult to do so and it became a vicious cycle - exercise more, eat more and on and on, and I switched to simply eating a 1800-2000 cals daily without bothering to take into account my exercise cals. It worked for weight loss.

Today:
B: bagel sandwich, coffee, 2 slices ginger cake
L: -
D: steamed broccoli and leftover kids food - various

Must eat more veg, must.

E: 65 mins brisk walk

Diana3271
05-11-2013, 08:40 AM

Weigh In: 159.8 (TTOM)
Down: .6

GMNEVO Today is a new day, just get right back on your plan.

Chronostasis Ugh! I hear you about the digging for veins. I have one that's really obvious. I direct the nurses to that one spot. They always want to start on the other arm. They have one chance. If they can't make an obvious, standing up to attention, vein work, I'm gone. :lol: DH prefers to have it done on the top of his hand. :eek: Good job on the swimming. It is such a wonderful exercise.

Alaskanlaughter Everyone's metabolism is different. Unfortunately, yours may be lower than what the calculator says it should be. I think mine is lower. I am also curious if mine has lowered some more since getting to my goal weight. For me, it's that or it's that my thyroid meds are still a little off. Has your thyroid levels been checked?

Magical I don't use any other form of logging, just here. I keep track of all the numbers on another check-in here. I started logging all of this mess here back in Nov 09. That's a long time! :lol: Good job on that long walk.

mamakat
05-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well all the painting pain is gone (minus my hands) so my brain is trying to kick my butt into going to Home Depot for the next round of paint :p I suggested a trip to DH, he was shocked. I swear I will motivate this man, by example, to finish this house (before we die :D).

This is the big Mother's Day and Birthday weekend here. I am not a big celebrator of either occasions. Last weekend, when we cheated, I called it my Bday dinner and I just purchased another pair of glasses (it used to be wigs, then hats, now it's glasses :)) for a bday gift. I really don't want or need anything this year...please no more jewelry (I've actually stopped wearing it). I'd rather just plow through this year. Talk DH into a trip to Home Depot for my gift ;) I definitely don't like doing dinners in restaurants on that day...way too many people.

Diana I have not stolen my Wii back, yet. I figure it's one less thing I have to move out of the way when I start to paint the living room. Where the heck am I gonna put the rats?! I figure painting is a workout, if my back, thighs and arms pain are any indication. My swelling goes down during the day too and then right back up at night. Last time the swelling went down, I removed my rings. Now I am jewelry free...I'd like to buy matching wedding bands for DH and my 20th this year. I bought the bands when we got married, but I lost his when wearing it on my thumb :( slipped right off! We've never worn matching bands since our 2nd year of marriage. Kinda want to match a bit (is that sappy sentimental, even for me :D) JCPenny's is having a Mother's day sell on tungsten (a black metal that I love) but not sure they'd have my girly hand size...maybe a trip to the mall for a bday gift? :shrug: we shall see...hopefully I won't be swollen :p

Have a great day everyone

IanG
05-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Down 1.0lb today. Phew. Last night was a big one. I did eat dinner out and didn't do too bad. I had some eggplant, a little grilled beef, some vegetables, salad and a little bread.

That was followed by four gin and tonics, a whisky, a glass or red wine and a beer. But you know I do not count the drinks.

We didn't make it to a nightclub but went to some very interesting bars. Got to bed at 2am.

I was then up at 7am for the gym.

I have been able to make better choices today as I will not be going out tonight for dinner, so will be able to miss it like usual. Spent all day sightseeing in Istanbul (went to the Grande Bazaar and a spice bazaar) and did a ton of walking mostly up hills. And I am definitely losing as I can feel it in my chest/stomach.

So, here goes, food for today:

Breakfast:
Small fruit salad and a boiled egg

Lunch: Grilled chicken, tomato, bulgar wheat, chile pepper, lettuce, mint, onion.

Dinner: Will drink red wine followed by a beer chaser.

Exercise: 1 hour 15 minutes in the gym. Ran 2 miles on the treadmill in 20 minutes at 9km/h. Did weights the rest of the time.

I will hopefully do some more sightseeing tomorrow but on my own this time.

Hoopty
05-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Hello everybody!

I was on plan yesterday and had a good workout at the gym. I went at around 7:30 pm but hadn't eaten much so I felt really weak. As soon as I got done I stopped at the grocery store next door and picked up 3 Luna bars - I've been wanting to try them for a while and it seemed to be the perfect moment. They had so many delicious sounding flavors that I picked up 3 of them. I know they're not that great for you since they're sugar-loaded (~17-19g each) but I needed the calories, the energy and I felt like treating myself :) The roof of my mouth feels much better now and the sniffles are almost completely gone, yay for that! But I still got another at least 2 days of TOM gaahh when will it finally be over?!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1 cup vanilla soy milk + 1 banana + 3 strawberries
Lunch: 1 bag frozen plain Asian stir fry (red peppers, baby corn, onions, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, water chestnuts) + 2 hard-boiled eggs
Snack: 3 Luna bars
Dinner: 2.5 Tbsp peanut butter + 1 apple
Exercise: stationary bike resistance level 12, 30 min plus cool down + full body workout

Diana3271 - I hope you have a great and fun Mother's Day! My dear Mom is 3728 miles away from me so Skype will have to do :(

GMNEVO - You'll be fine, one slip-up is not gonna mess it all up! Keep your chin up and maybe don't weigh yourself today.

werth6812 Welcome! :)

alaskanlaughter - Which calculator did you use? The numbers always confuse me :rolleyes:

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Psychic
05-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Yesterday's Calories:1493
Today's Weight: 175.5 :woohoo:

A pound in one day? Some could have been water weight. I'm not complaining.

Syckgirlsfv
05-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Happy Saturday gals and Ian! (or, Caturday around here :D) I forgot to even check in at all yesterday, I was so busy at work! But I was ok, had my usual egg substitute/turkey bacon/light swiss, string cheese, SBD wrap/deli turkey/light swiss/baby spinach, strawberries, celery...etc. Had leftover chicken that I cooked in the pressure cooker with condensed cheddar soup and rotel, and I put that over the green bean/pea vermicelli I am currently in love with. A few glasses of wine topped off the day, after I rode my bike for 45 minutes. I did have some chex mix from Bible study the other night and it has chocolate covered chex in it, but still doing well. TOM is up in a day or so and the scale is showing 160 so not carrying around too much water, which is nice.

So, this morning so far I made myself a latte with espresso, almond milk (unsweetened) and Almond Joy flavored creamer. SO GOOD! I am thinking about some greek yogurt with honey and almonds for breakfast, and then DH and I are having an exercise filled day - shoulders and arms at the gym and then an extra long bike ride. We're going to take the L.A. river bike trail farther than we have yet so it will be more than a 10 mile round trip! :carrot:

That should kick this pound of water weight's ***! LOL :p It's a gorgeous sunny So Cal morning - 9:30 am and it's already 73 degrees - high is going to be around 83 and not a cloud in the sky. Birds are having a concert in my yard! Everybody have a wonderful day!!! :p

IanG
05-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Wine will kick that water weight out of there Syckgirlsfv. So nice work.