Weight Loss Support - Dumb *** weigh-in moves

View Full Version : Dumb *** weigh-in moves

IanG
04-29-2013, 06:24 AM
I am probably the only one to have done this but needed to share.

Anyway, like many of you I get up every day, go to the toilet and weigh myself naked before having a shave and taking a shower.

Today, I got up earlier than usual, decided I did not need the toilet and headed for the scale. The number was bigger than I was expecting. Actually, it was quite a lot bigger. So I got off the scale, and on again - same number.

Hmm. A big gain day?

But then I looked down. In one hand was my bath towel. In the other, my shaving kit and I had been weighing myself plus these!

So I put them down, got on the scale again and normality returned.

Dumb *** weigh-in move!

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 06:47 AM
My weigh-in last week included my sunglasses on my head. Didn't think of it till after I left. Seeing I gained .6 of a pound, I was tempted to go back and weigh my glasses. Any chance they could weigh almost half a pound?!

So a couple days later I get this brilliant idea. I weighed them on my kitchen scale. A freaking ounce!? One?? I was better off when I thought I wore heavy glasses!

So, Ian, you are never alone in dumba$$ moves!

derrydaughter
04-29-2013, 06:52 AM
I have gone as far as to use my kitchen scale and weigh my underwear as when I was going to WW meeting and getting weighed, I would make sure I had that special underwear on and no belt, no tissue in my pocket, even trimming my nails first.
Who was I kidding? What works is real hard work to resist temptations and eat properly, walk and get in exercise. I have stopped kidding myself and grown up a bit. Not saying anyone other than me is the one who needs to grow up, but I have to have a more realistic attitude.
I still keep my WW "official weigh in outfit" in the closet.....but it has not seen the light of day in a long time.

freelancemomma
04-29-2013, 09:43 AM
when I was going to WW meeting and getting weighed, I would make sure I had that special underwear on and no belt, no tissue in my pocket, even trimming my nails first.

This made me chuckle. I know I've done similar stuff in the past. (Well, recent past.) As you say, who are we kidding?

F.

Silverfire
04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
:lol: That was a good giggle. I have weighed myself with my phone a few times (iPhones are heavy! lol)

Amarantha2
04-29-2013, 10:00 AM
When I had a broken arm/hand/wrist a few years ago, I kept asking the surgeon how much the cast weighed and they could never give me an answer. Drove me crazy. :lol: After they put in a plate, I kept wondering how much the plate weighed for a time, then forgot about it.

Thedollylala
04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
I will remove my Jewlery before I weigh an get naked, if I forget to weigh in and I drink anything I just won't bother weighing in.

dehtripper
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Haha. great thread. I have long wondered how to guesstimate how much my hair weighs (waist length mature dreads). I've yet to get a good plan of attack, and I'm sure its really not enough to make a real difference but they are relatively substantial, especially when wet.

sassyangies
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Yep I have done it. the other day I was so excited about getting in the 260's I grabbed my phone and weighed myself again. I was not in the 260's anymore then realized I was holding my phone. Put it down and then back down to the 260's.. Or (warning this is TMI) If I know I have to do a number 2.. (I know sorry.. ) I'll try to do that before I weigh.. haha.. the things we do.
Someone should write a bood, The Secrets Of The Daily Weigher.. .lol

betsy2013
04-29-2013, 10:18 AM
This is why I love 3FC -- I'm not alone in my insanity!!!!! When I go to the doctor, I try to wear shoes that I can take off (and obviously get back on) easily. I have weighed every pair of shoes I own and have made a spreadsheet that I've posted in my closet so I know which pair to wear if it's absolutely necessary to wear a pair that I will get weighed in. I do not hesitate to tell the doctor that the shoes weigh X pounds. I know it's a game, but it makes me happy.

April Snow
04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
When I did WW, there was a woman who changed into the same dress every time for her WI. She had lost probably 100 lbs by the time I was going to those meetings so the dress was huge on her, but she still changed into it every week so she was comparing the same thing week over week. I stopped going but I've always wondered whether she ever got to Lifetime and still wore that same dress for her weigh ins....

Sum38
04-29-2013, 10:57 AM
You are so cute, Ian!!!

No I am slave of my scale; if I was crazy enough, I would strip down to my birthday suit 6 times per day :D But I am too lazy... So I weigh in first thing every am and right before the bed (A little prelude what is to come... usually 1 1/2 pounds but this morning nearly 4 pounds :eek:)

Sum38
04-29-2013, 10:59 AM
I have gone as far as to use my kitchen scale and weigh my underwear as when I was going to WW meeting and getting weighed, I would make sure I had that special underwear on

This is what I could see myself doing! Yep we a little OCD (oh, at least I am, didn't mean to imply :D)

gailr42
04-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Back in the day, when I was really skinny, I weighed fully clothed, with a really big purse over my shoulder. I couldn't imagine how I could weigh that much. LOL.

Arctic Mama
04-29-2013, 12:16 PM
I won't weigh until I've nursed both sides in the morning. If ice only done one I'm more likely to skip the weigh in and just not bother for the day, because that can throw the scale off by eight or more ounces, easily! That said, if my weighing daily is REALLY just for data, as I've claimed, it shouldn't matter if I'm seeing small daily fluctuations due to nursing, but somehow it still bugs me :lol:

Ronja
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh dear oh dear....I swear I've always thought I must be the only one to be this crazy!!

Honestly why do we do that...I mean I'm so insane if I don't like the number on scales, I weigh myself again and again, until I see a better number (or not, but I always try!!). And I have to naked. No underwear. How much can possibly my pants weight? Not quarter of a pound I bet, but I still don't want them on me!

I love you people. You made me feel a bit more normal today!

CIELOARGE
04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
I used to weight myself naked, how I just keep my pajamas on... I get too cold!! But if the number is too high I cheat and get naked so the number can go down! :D

Remington90
04-29-2013, 01:06 PM
I think all of us have done small things like that. I've just learned to accept the 1 or 2 lbs differences from day to day as I KNOW I cannot gain 2 pounds overnight. It's a much clearer mentality to not worry about a pound difference of +3 to -3 day to day.

Everything fluctuates.

Nevertheless, I have taken all my earings out, my hair elastic, my ring; weighed my bras, underwear, SOCKS for crying out loud. Although now that I've just accepted the fluctuations, it's a lot less stressful!

IanG
04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Much as I would like to be cool about the whole deal, if I weigh myself before going to bed and it's less than my weight at the start of the day I know I must be in for a good morning.

This rarely happens but when it does, it's scale CRACK! I'm hooked.

SeeMyFeet
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Ohhhhh Ian.....when you play with fire, you get burned.....Weighing at night....oh my my my

Haha I never thought about HAIR! Scale crack harhar

I have to shower before I weigh. Because I actually compared before and after showering once, and after showering was lighter?!?!?!?! So that's my superstition. I usually have a hot soak before bed, so just how dirty do I get at night?????

(Oh...it helps that my scale is not very sensitive. +/- 0.5lb)

Elladorine
04-29-2013, 02:42 PM
You guys might get a kick out of the song we sometimes sing at our TOPS meetings:

The Scale Song
(to the tune of The Battle Hymn of the Republic)
written by the TOPSŪ #TN 131, Greeneville

Each week you see us coming
At the calling of the scale.
We have each devised a way of weighing less-
We're sure won't fail
And the weight recorders listen
As we try and sometimes fail
And the scales keep weighing on.

CHORUS: Oh the drama in the weight room
when we're losing it's a great room.
When we gain it's a debate room
and the scales keep weighing on.

There are some who know they weigh less
With their hands up in the air,
So they raise their arms up high
And try to keep them way up there.
They are sure that takes a pound off
Though the proof of it is rare,

There are those who know the difference
In their weight is in their clothes.
So they keep a special set of things
And always weigh in those.
Each week you see them just the same
From their heads down to their toes

There is one who knows she weighs less
When remembering to exhale.
So she empties out her lungs
Before she steps upon the scales.
Better hurry up and weigh her
'Cause she's looking rather pale.

There is one who takes off extras for
They add more weight she's found
There's her watch, her ring, her slip,
Her glasses piled in a mound.
Last week she took her teeth out
Just to save a quarter pound.

SouthernMaven
04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
This is a great thread! I have been cracking up! Why am I not surprised it was started by IanG? :D

Elladorine, LOVED The Scale Song! So funny!

Whenever I go to the doctor's office I always wear the lightest thing I can get away with for the weather. And I always take off my shoes.

My next appointment is August 1. Here in the south I can depend on it being pretty warm.

Maybe I'll wear a bikini! :rofl:

DanielsGrl
04-29-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm on Medifast and I stress SOOOOOOO much on my weigh in days I do the most ridiculous things. Unfortunately my appointments are every Wednesday at 4pm. So I have to go after work (in my work clothes) and I'm usually 3-4 pounds heavier on their scale with my clothes on than on my scale in the morning naked and it's SO depressing.

So yes last week I took my clothes and measured them on my food scale!! And I'm going to wear only the lightest clothes to work on weigh in days. I also flat iron my hair so it's nice and fluffy. This makes absolutely no sense, lol.

JustB1027
04-30-2013, 08:50 AM
I only weigh in on Sundays. I try anyways. But Sunday morning I get up go to the bathroom. Get dressed and go do my 5 mile walk. Come home strip and weigh with nothing on me. Not even my hair elastic! Glad I am not alone in my crazy!

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 08:54 AM
This thread made me so happy. I think I nodded at 95% of the responses and said either "Yep I do that too but never told anyone!" or even better I said "Oh, that's a good idea!! I'm going to try that too!!"

bargoo
04-30-2013, 09:57 AM
I had to have medical treatment yesterday. I didn't expect to be weighed and when she said " I am going to weigh you", I responded, " That's a dirty trick, if I had known you were going to weigh me I would have not worn any underwear."

Silverfire
04-30-2013, 10:24 AM
I had to have medical treatment yesterday. I didn't expect to be weighed and when she said " I am going to weigh you", I responded, " That's a dirty trick, if I had known you were going to weigh me I would have not worn any underwear."
:lol::lol::lol::lol: