Weight Loss Support - ~~June JADED LADIES~~

View Full Version : ~~June JADED LADIES~~

Jane
05-30-2003, 09:12 AM
Hiya Ladies, :wave:

I couldn't find the old thread so here's a new one - it's close enough to June, right?

I have to apologize for being AWOL - but I told ya I'd be gone for awhile when Spring arrived. You should see my yard - I've got new flowers all over the place. My favorites are the Shashta Daisies.

Vacation has come and gone, too.. Disney World was a lot of fun, but the trip was way too short. We won't be going back until the twins can go - in 3 loooonnnnggg years. Boo Hoo. I will miss Mickey!

DD had her ultrasound - it's another girl!! Her name will be Kaylin Paris at her ETA is October 7th.

Kat, Carree, Ruth, what have you been up to?
Jackslady - if you are reading this, PLEASE post with us.
Michelle from N. KY - you found it! Please post with us!!

Later!
Jana

elle_00001
05-30-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi!

I made it!
Just one quick question...why are we jaded?
LOL

Ill have to make this a short one until later this evening. I have a million and one things to do. I have my list of pre-Alaska trip things to do, plus the list the hubby added on this morning.

Yardwork, housework, dogwork, paperwork and of course some time at the gym, which is work in itself.
Not to mention the "trying to eat well" work. Thats almost a full time job!

I better get at it. I will check back in later when things slow down a little.

Thanks for having me Jaded Ladies!

Michelle

Jane
05-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi all,

Michelle - so glad you found us! Notice that at this site, you can scroll down while you post and see who said what. It is Very handy. When are you leaving for Alaska?

Why are we Jaded? - well, when we were trying to think of a name, "jewel" names were bandied about - diamonds, opals and such. So, since jaded means "worn-out by excess or sated" we thought that would be funny, since we all have been satiated for quite some time. Plus, it was a name we all could agree on. It is a small group, which hopefully will grow.

I had an OP day again today and will be glad to get weighed Sunday AM.

We have a birthday party tomorrow night, and it's being held at a club. My family is going to have dinner beforehand, and I really don't want to waste my points on cake. I'm not a real "cake" person.... so I think I will load the camera and take pictures while others are having cake. It's nice to have a plan.

Toodles,
Jana

Jane
05-31-2003, 08:45 AM
Good morning ladies,

I feel so weirded out this morning - I had a dream about an ex-b/f and was glad to wake up when I did! I felt guilty lying next to my sweet DH with a dream like that between us. The ex-bf and I went together 8 years and share quite a history. I broke up with him because I knew he was bad for me, even though I loved him with all my heart. He called a few months ago and asked if I was happy and I told him yes, and pretty much blew him off. But it obviously stuck in my mind, lol.

So much for the Young and the Restless, or should I call it the Young and the Rest of Us, since I am hardly a spring chicken anymore, lol.

Today I have to spend some quality time with my iron and ironing board. All those cotton summer clothes that feel so good sure get wrinkley.

What's on your agenda today?
Jana

elle_00001
05-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies...

Wow what a night. We had a pretty strong thunderstorm blow through here last night. At one point there was a crack of thunder so loud that it woke me up, and I screamed. My poor hubby must have thought I was being murdered. Funny today, but it took a long time to calm myself down last night. I just had this super rush of adreniline. Scary. Hubby says he would have slept right through it if I hadnt screamed.

Well, I got a few things from my list done yesterday, and even made it into the gym. Just a few more things to do, and I might even get to relax a bit today. Im going to start the day off with a nice hot bath, and a good breakfast, before I get back to work. A little bit of me time. Me me me..its all about me! LOL For an hour or so anyway.

Jana...isnt it odd that dreams can seem so real? Dont feel guilty...it wasnt real! I know how you feel, I have very active and realisitic dreams. I have been known to sleepwalk, and do some odd things in my sleep. I have stood up and taken the pictures off the wall. I have removed my lamp from the nightstand and tucked it under the bed. I have followed and imaginary intruder up the stairs. I often see people or creatures in my room. People standing beside the bed....UFO's above my head. Squirrels on my curtains. Sometimes I wake up more exhausted than when I went to bed.

Ok...now that you all think Im totally loony....

My bath is ready, so its off with me. Have a healthy happy day everyone!

Michelle

Jane
06-01-2003, 08:36 AM
G'day ladies!

Elle - I hope you had some nice "me" time yesterday. Once in awhile we just have to pamper ourselves! Your sleep walking stories are a hoot! DH should video tape them and send them in to America;s Funniest Home Videos.

Kat, Carree, Ruth.. where are you guys??

Kat - how are the kids and classes going? Did you get your grant? What will the kids be doing this summer?

Carree - how's your health? Hope you are doing better.

Ruth - Do you have any summer school classes? How're the grandkids?

I just finished my first WW week... an even 7 pounds gone! woo hoo!!!! I know it is mostly water weight, but I'll take it anyway, lol! Last night we went to a b/d party and all I had was bottled water. When they started passing out cake, I got up and walked around with one of the twins, and mingled. It worked out very well.

Gotta run - have a good Sunday.
Jana

Lucyee
06-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Hi! Thanks for answering me with an e mail to join your group. I am just about starting to return to the ww program. It's seems I'm feeling a little lost. I was happy to hear from you. I am anxious to get serious again. As I get to know all of you, of course, I will share more. Right now, I feel like I'm taking baby steps again. I need to get eating healthy. I hope to get really good at the sharing and caring. Thanks again, Lucyee TTYL

elle_00001
06-01-2003, 10:39 AM
Hi!

Welcome Lucy! I am so glad that you joined us. Im sure that you will find alot of support, inspiration and encouragement here. Im looking forward to getting to know you better.

Good job with the birthday cake Jana! Im not much of a cake eater either. It always seems so dry, and usually too sweet. People never seem to understand why I dont want a piece. "Awww...come on...just have a small piece...Ill cut you a little corner slice...Do you want a an icing rose? Ice cream with that?" No no no no ...NO! Now, put a can of pringles in front of me...its a feeding frenzy! lol

Jana, you really sound like youre on a roll. 7 pounds in one week! Wow! Im jealous..I mean happy for you! I started off good, but the scale seems to be stuck now. I cant get it to budge. Im eating okay...maybe a bit more than I should. I am going to the gym everyday. I have only missed 6 days since I started on August 28th. Maybe Im gaining muscle? I know it wieghs more than fat, but Im still fat! I am starting to show a little bit of muscle tone in some places. My biceps, and my calves are looking a bit more shapely. But sadly, my tummy still looks the same. At this rate Im going to end up looking like the fruit of the loom apple.

Well...Im a pretty much ready to go on vacation. The dog is booked is a good kennel, with an indoor outdoor run. I wish so much that I had a good neighbor like you Jana to look after her. I know she would be much happier. My neighbors all have dogs that are what I call "yard art". No attention, no walks...just in the yard to look good. Its sad really.

Ive thrown a wrench into the whole getting ready fo vacation thing. I have fallen in love with a dog. The hubby and I have been discussing getting another dog, a pal for our puppy. I have been looking on and off, and found a real sweetie. But since we are leaving for a week, Im not sure if it will work out or not. Ive emailed the lady, and told her Im interested, and talked the hubby into it, so now its just a wait and see. If you want to see Max go to... http://chad2710.tripod.com/gabbyandmax/

Anyway..Ive rambled on long enough. Have a hapy healthy day all!

Michelle

Jane
06-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi ladies,

Lucyee - Welcome!! So glad you found us. No need to feel lost - you have been found by the Jaded Ladies, lol. We all are taking baby steps and helping each other along the way. I look forward to reading your posts.

Michelle - Your exercising could be why the scale isn't showing much of a loss. Maybe you shouldn't go by what the scale says, anyway - go by how your clothes fit. So when do you leave for vacation? Lucky you!! Please don't leave without saying bye! I went to the web site and saw Max and Gabby. They both are adorable! My Molly's face is very very similar to Gabby's. Let me make sure I have this straight - you are wanting to adopt Max? What about Gabby? And what is the name of the dog your already have? We have a Molly, Chloe and Rosie. Chloe and Rosie are beagles and Molly is a mix from the shelter.

I went to Evansville today and bought a Walk the Pounds Away (WTPA) DVD 3 disc set. I keep reading all over the 'net where women are doing this, so I hope it is something I can go without further hurting my knees and feet. Wish me luck! I also bought life vests for the twins - DH and I are going to take them to the pool this summer. I wouldn't have been caught dead in the pool last year because of my size - now that we have the grandbabies, I don't care what people think! My objective is to have fun with the kids, lol.

Talk to you later!
Jana

Jane
06-02-2003, 10:15 AM
~
~
Oops!
~
~

Jane
06-04-2003, 01:10 AM
bump!

fropvd
06-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Sorry I've been scarce, but after the semester ended I've been straight out with work, and exhausted. I have to fight the kids for the net connection at night and I keep falling asleep before I get a chance at it.

Right now I do have 2 summer classes (yes, I got the full grant for them!) and both are online which is a flexible format I love. A good thing too, as it frees me up to work and to spend time with kiddos. I'm doing fairly well, although I think someone tooka grater to my throat two days ago--it feels positively flayed. If it doesn't get better I'll have to go get a strep test. *sigh*

Well, I have a short break, so I think I'm going to grab a nap while I can--I need the rest. I'll post again soon. :)

Jane
06-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Hi ladies,

Kat!!! So glad you're back! Also glad to hear that you got the grant for the classes. Strep throat is going around like crazy here, too... it is immune to so many antibiotics now. But, as a health care pro, I'm sure you already knew that.

Carree and Elle - hope things are well with you.

I have been OP and have even been exercising...WATP dvd, 1 mile. I couldn't do it as well as they did on the show, but I finished the whole thing! It made me feel so good to know I did it. What I like about it is, the leader isn't young or especially thin, and I can do it in my own room with no equipment other than hand weights.

TTYL,
Jana

fropvd
06-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Well, I don't know what I caught, but its not strep. Had I been exposed to it, I would think it was SARs because my lungs are just FULL of fluid. I'm short of breath all the time, and can't even get a good sleep because my lungs really fill when I lie down. Then I wake every hour or so, and have to sit up so I can breathe. :( If it doesn't turn the tide soon, I'll have to go to the doc.

Jane
06-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Kat - you stinker! Get thyself to a physician! Stat! You of all people know you can't take chances when it comes to Breathing!!!

The WATP dvd is giving me shin splints - any advice??

My DD22 is here to color my hair for me.. I usually have my stylist do it, but it needs attention NOW. So, L'Oreal #6A - Light Ash Brown - here we come!

TTFN,
Jana

carree
06-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile; just have not spent much time at the puter lately and have also not been feeling well.

Kat, so sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are able to get some medical attention and some rest as well.

Welcome Michelle and Lucyee!

Jana, thanks for keeping things going. I really love the WATP tapes and have been using them for two years off and on with walking outside and on my treadmill.

Love,
carree

Jane
06-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi ladies,

Carree!!!! So glad to hear from you! Hope you are feeling better now. It's hard to find time for the 'puter in the summer months, isn't it? I just want to be outdoors - that is until the real heat starts.

Kat - hope you are better, too.

I've been doing housework and laundry so that I can have time to get in the pool with DD and the twins afterwhile. The babies have never been in a pool, so this will be fun.

What's everyone else up to?

TTFN,
Jana

short & sassy
06-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Hey girls, well, looks like we are all still hanging around!!! Sorry that I haven't been around for a while. My youngest daughter moved in (not sure if she was here when I posted last) anyway, she has had her baby since then. There are three adults and three children living here now. The computer room is now the children's bedroom. So, needless to say, my time has been restricted due to bedtime and naptime! LOL

Well, I managed to lose 20 lbs but I've now been at a standstill for what seems like forever. My fault, I'm not journaling, drinking my water or walking!! Hey, so far I have managed to maintain, so I'm happy with that.

JANA, you are so sweet to keep this thread alive!! Keep up the good work. Congrats on the newest granddaughter, like the name!!! Not many Kaylins around. I now have Nicholas, Caylin, Aliyah, Dylan, Brittany and Elijah.

KAT, how was school? I really goofed off last semester. I finished with 2 A's, 1 B and 1 C. I'm retaking the English (what I made the C in). I only did half the work in that class, so I could have made an A. I still have 2 maths left, so I better bring up the English grade because if I manage to pass the maths with a C, I WILL NOT take them over!! LOL I still have a 3.7 GPA. Not bad for someone who graduated high school in 1976!!

Carree, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Well, I've finally learned how to post photos. I'll take the time soon to post some photos of the family.

Ruth

P. S. Welcome Lucy and Michelle.

Jane
06-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi Ladies,

Ruth - sounds like you have been so busy! WAY TO GO on the 20 pounds lost!! That compares to 80 sticks of butter! Congrats also on the grandkids! You are blessed.

Hi to Carree, Kat and the others, wherever you are....

The twins 1st birthday party was today. I stayed OP and took pictures while the others ate cake. Got to see some relatives I hadn't seen for awhile, which was nice.

I found out the shin splints are a carry-over from all the walking I did at Disney World recently, and am dealing with that.

Take care!
Jana

carree
06-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Wow!

I guess it's been awhile since I posted.

Jana, what is the thread that you invited all of us to join? Can't remember the name of it.

Love to all,
carree

Jane
06-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Carree - I will PM you with a thread from another site that I visit.

Kat, Ruth - Hello! Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Jana

fropvd
06-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi gang--sorry its been so long since I posted, but I got really sick with pneumonia, and had to work anyhow, as there was no one to replace me. Add summer classes onto that, and its been hectic (and exhausting). I'm finally on the mend again, though I still have a bad cough, and am short of breath when I lie down.

The good news is that I'm down to 219 from a high of 230, so I guess we can say there is something at least OK about being so sick. *wry smile* How have the rest of you been doing? I'm going to go swimming for the first time this year later on tonight. I doubt I'll be able to much in the way of laps, but at least I can get wet!

Jane
06-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi ladies,

Kat - it's so good to hear from you! I wondered if you had still been sick, since the last time we "talked" you were pretty bad. Glad to know you are on the mend. Hope you enjoy your swim! If you are like me, you'll take a weight loss any way you can get it, lol! Speaking of which....

I'm down 18 1/2 pounds now. I really like WW and have converted all the family recipes into WW points.

Now that I am out of the Fellowship group at church, I have signed up with the Hospice's Bakers and Takers program. I (when it's my turn) will be taking a dessert to the bereaved family when a hospice patient dies. I told the chairman that I would bake cakes but not cookies because cookies are too snitchable.

Carree, Ruth, how are you? Also hi Lucyee and Elle.

I was wondering the other day just how long this thread, no matter what the name, has been revived? It must be a couple of years anyway.... remember Chicken Lady?

Better go for now. Be good and post often!
Jana

fropvd
06-24-2003, 02:05 PM
Ooooh, the scale was kind this morning--it read 216!!!!!!!
Here's to hoping its not just water weight change.

Jane
06-24-2003, 10:35 PM
~
Kat - so what if it is water - you're still down 3 pounds. :D Yay for you!!!!

fropvd
06-25-2003, 01:06 AM
Well, that makes 14 lbs down anyhow. When I hit 209, I'll be where I was a year ago. :)

Jane
06-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Kat - what a coincidence! I am right where I was about 2 years ago before DD got married! My goal is to get where I was 15 years ago when I thought I was SO FAT!! LOL.....

elle_00001
06-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone!

Its been a while since Ive posted, Ive been a busy busy girl.
Today is the first day in almost a week that Ive had a chance to stay home. And I am going to do my best to enjoy it. I think Im going to do a little gardening, and a lot of bok reading on my lounge chair. Were supposed to get a storm this afternoon, but I am looking forward to it. Its been so hot that Im starting to feel a little lethargic.

Jana...congrats on your 18lbs. It sounds like WW really agrees with you. I am right behind you with about 17lbs since I started.
I had by biggest loss yet with a 5lb loss last week. And that was on the gym scale...which, unlike my home scale, does not lie!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good, and losing pretty consistantly. Is everyone on WW? Perhaps I should re-think joining.

Well, in my busy week, I have found time to work on finding a dog. My hubby and I have been looking for about 4 months, and could never agree on one that we liked. And when we finally did, we were too late. But finally we have found one, and she is being held for us. Shes adorable, and will be a great playmate for our dog. Ill see if I can post a pic of her here for you to see.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the beginning of summer!

Michelle

fropvd
06-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Awwww...what a cutie! If I ever get a dog, I want a Chinese crested--I just love their homely little hairless cuteness. Its the ET thing--so ugly they are cute.

Its been HOT here, but one good thing about that is that I drink a lot (almost a gallon of water per day) and never have much of an appetite. About the only exercize I'm really up for is swimming though, and I can't do much of that, since I still have coughing fits if I over-do. I'm on the mend though, since I no longer have to sleep for 3 hours after each 1 hour of being up and about. :)

Jane
06-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi ladies,

Elle - What a cutie pie your puppy is!! Have you picked out a name for her yet? CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!!! Yes, I'm doing better with WW than I have with anything else I've tried. But I never did go in for fad diets, or anything.

Kat - so glad you are feeling better. You had me worried there for awhile.

It is humid as 'ell in Indiana today. I went to Wally world and just getting from the car to the store made me feel sticky and nasty.

Here is a wonderful new recipe I made last weekend. if anyone is interested. The fam didn't even know it was light:

Weight Watcher Dreamsicle Cake

-for cake-
1 Duncan Heinz Classic White cake mix
2 egg whites
1 can diet orange soda (Slice, Sunkist, etc.)

-for filling-
1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
1 cup hot water
1 cup cold water

-for frosting-
1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
1 sm. pkg. INSTANT fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding
1 cup 2% milk
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. tub Cool Whip Free topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 cake pan with Pam. Mix dry cake mix with orange soda and egg whites. Blend 30 seconds until moistened and then 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into pan and bake 33-35 minutes, or until done in center.

Mix 1 pkg. orange jello powder with hot water until dissolved. Add cold water and stir.
Poke holes in cake with fork that the tines have been sprayed with Pam. Pour orange mixture evenly over cake. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

For frosting, mix together the second dry orange jello mix and the dry vanilla pudding mix. Then add milk and vanilla, stir well. Gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread on COLD cake. Keep refrigerated.

Your family will not know this is a “Diet” recipe!

Nutritional Info: 1 serving = 1/15 of cake
Calories - 140
Fat - 2.8 gr.
Calories from fat - 25
Fiber - 0
Carbohydrates - 27.2
Protein - 1.6 gr.
WW points - 3

I'm going to try this again using raspberry flavored jello. YUM!

BBL,
Jana

gettinskinnyforJR
06-26-2003, 03:58 PM
:wave: Hello ladies!!!!!!!1

Thanks for inviting me to join you thread Jana. To answer your question about the outfit. The top is backless, fastens at the waist and the neck, it is red and has (as any NASCAR fan will know)white number 8s and Daele Junior's signature on it. Yhe shorts are just red, cotton shorts with a small number 8 on one leg. You haven't had perky ones since the eighties!? :sssh: I don't think I've ever had perky ones :yikes: well, maybe when I first started developing breasts.:shrug:

Well, I'm off to do my evening exercises. Have a great evening everyone!

Mel

Jane
06-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Welcome Mel!!!

The outfit sounds so cute - I have a certain dress I want to fit into. But I have about 25 more pounds before it will fit. It is navy and white with an inverted V going down the front. Well, I can't describe it very well, but lets just say it is pretty, and I can't wait to be able to wear it. I don't wear dresses much at all anymore, but I will wear this one....

To the others: :wave:

BBL,
Jana

fropvd
06-26-2003, 09:36 PM
I just want to be able to find clothes off the rack! As for perky, we can console ourselves with the knowledge that we'll never need earmuffs--we can just tie "the girls" in a bow atop our head. :D

gettinskinnyforJR
06-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Hey Ladies!!

I know what you mean Jana, about not wearing dresses, I hardly ever wear them either, I just hate the way most of them make me look. Alothough, yesterday I wore a short sundress that I haven't wore in years because my butt was WAY TOO BIG. It didn't look too bad, if I do say so myself. :cp:

Kat, I was once told, before I started exercising, that I would neve have to worry about my bellybutton getting cold. :rolleyes: Of course this came from a very good freind of ours that I had just embarassed, and it is very hard to embarass him.

I got in my morning worhout video today, but only a half an hour doing the home gym thing. My abs are pretty sore today from the video. But since I didn't do the gym for the full time I usually do, hubby and I went for a walk this evening, of course, got drenched by the time we got home because of the rain.

Well, off to bed. Goodnight everyone. Mel

Jane
06-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Good morning ladies,

Kat - as usual, you are TOO FUNNY! :D I have been known to say my bra is a 42 LONG! Regarding clothes off the rack - I will be so happy on the day my clothes don't have a W after the size...

Mel - what video do you do? I have WATP and since I am SO out of shape, I'm sticking with the 1 mile for now. I sort of hurt my legs while in Disney recently, so I have to be careful.

Elle and Carree - come out and play!!

Girls, I need some advice, please. I buy Iron Kids bread so the whole family will eat it. It has the same amount of fiber as whole wheat, and also has added calcium. Do you think that kind of fiber is as beneficial as the fiber in whole wheat bread?

Later,
Jana

gettinskinnyforJR
06-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Good morning ladies!

Jana, the worout video I do is an old one (1992), but it's called "Redbook Workout Series Fat to Firm". It seems to work pretty well, especially on the abs where I need the most attention. As to your question on the bread. Have you checked out how much fat is in each serving? I know some white bread has quite a bit more fat in it then whole wheat does. As far as the fiber goes, I would think fiber is fiber, but I'm not sure, and we all need extra calcium since women lose more calcium than men do.

I went to a used book store in our town yesterday. Have any of you ever heard of "Eat More to Weigh Less"? I'm thinking of trying the diet in it, strictly vegetarian, no meat, no added fat in the cooking. I'm just not sure if it is really all that heathy and don't know if I could stick to it or not, especially when I would stiill have to cook meat for my husband.I have a frien that is a vegan and one of my sisters-in-law is a vegan and while they are both on the slim side neither one either seems to have much energy. Some advice, please?

Buying clothes off the rack will be great. Why do they always make the cutest clothes for the skinny ones? We like to wear cute clothes too!

Haven't done my morning workout yet, so I'm off. Hope everyone has a great FRIDAY. Mel:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

elle_00001
06-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Happy friday everyone.

What a beautiful day it is here. The sun is shining, but its not too hot. Ive had a busy day already. I got up early this AM with the hubby, and we went to the gym before I dropped him off at work. Then I took our dog for a swim and a nice long walk. Its nice to be up and out so early. Its cooler, and there are less people out.
Needless to say I have energy to spare now. Im rarin' to go. What a great feeling...especially compared to how lazy Ive been feeling for the last few days.

Jana..as far as the bread, I would have to agree with Mel. I think in bread..fibre is fibre. I would go for the lower fat one too.
We havent picked a name for the new puppy yet. I made the mistake of telling the hubby he could name her. So now shes Rolling Rock...or Molson...or anything beer related. Hes such a goofball.

Hi Mel...and welcome. I have never heard of the "eat more weigh less" plan. But I was reading a book called "lean bodies". Its based on that idea, of upping your calories to train your body to burn fat instead of storing it. It made sense, but they had some people on a 7000 calorie diet. Id blow up like a puffer fish if I ate that much. But the basic principle was good, and helped me to understand that I shouldnt starve myself to lose weight. The trick was eating the right foods. It would be easy to eat 7000 calories worth of junk food, but trying to get in the same amount in healthy foods is a challenge. As far as vegetarianism...my sister is a vegie (hehe) and has been for about 12 years. Shes not vegan, but close to it. She rarely eats cheese, or milk, and no seafood whatsoever. I dont know how she does it, but she is in pretty good shape. I think she eats alot of beans and tofu, and takes supplements, but shes a pretty energetic person.

Thanks for the comments on the puppy. Someone told me she was an ugly dog...so you guys made me feel better. And Kat...I think chinese crested are adorable. They do have this little alien thing going on.

Well, time for me to get at my 'chores' for the day. I figure if I get everything done today, I can relax alllll day tomorrow.

Have a good one everyone.

Michelle :strong:

gettinskinnyforJR
06-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Hello again eveyone! :wave:

Got my workout tape in this morning, even went for a walk afterwards. Just wanted to let you know, I invited a friend to the site and our thread.

Michelle, 7000 calories? Good lord, I would think anyone would be as big as a house on that many calories. I never ate that many and I still got fat. The diet I was reading about is basically a vegetarian diet, so you eat a few more caloried than usual, but a lot less fat. :T HOw could anybody think that puppy was ugly? She's a cutie. BUt, the poor puppy, saddled with a name like Molson or something like that. We have always waited a few days to name our animals to see what their personalities are like. We didn't do that with our last cat and we should have, he thinks he's a dog. I swear, if he could bark he would.:chin:

Time to go to the bank and the store. I'll talk to everyone later. Mel

carree
06-27-2003, 05:51 PM
How great Kat and Jana that you are both losing weight. I hope I can soon add to your success stories.

Elle: I love your new pup! I have two Chihuahuas, and I just love them.

Kat, my DH has pneumonia, and I have been sick for three weeks and coughing for one. Just started on Biaxin tonight. Just can't take it anymore.

Love,
carree

Jane
06-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi ladies,

Kat - Hope you are having a good day, and getting all the rest you need.

Mel - The Iron Kids bread is only 0.5 gr. of fat per slice. So that isn't bad... About the vegan diet, I don't think I could do it. I really, really wish I wasn't a meat eater, but darn it, I am. A long time ago I was going to go vegetarian, but after about 3 days, I started looking at the dog funny. Anything for a burger, lol!!

elle - Who could ever think that sweet little puppy is UGLY?? She's adorable! How about if your DH names her Molson, and you call her Molly for short? About the 7000 calorie diet - maybe that was 7000 for the week, which would be extreme at only 1000 average a day. Just a thought.

Carree - Awww, sweetie, I'm sorry you have been sick. Hope you get better soon! Please just take time to post when you can, okay? We miss you when you are gone.

Well, I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but in addition to the charm bracelet, I have been rewarding myself when mini goals are reached. Actually, it's only been 1 so far. I got a discman for losing 15 pounds. Today I found the neatest thing as a reward for 25 pounds: a beautiful 14 k gold bracelet with rubies and diamonds. It is not gaudy, it's understated, and simply beautiful! The stones are manmade, so it wasn't very expensive, but I just love it! Six and a half more pounds and that baby is MINE!!! It's sitting in a box in my unmentionables drawer right now.

Have a good evening - I better go before my back kills me. :(

Jana

fropvd
06-27-2003, 10:07 PM
I wear almost nothing BUT skirts and dresses--I find them so much more comfortable than any sort of trousers. I do whatever I need in them, though I will take the back of the skirt and tuck into my front waistband if I find its getting in the way when I'm hiking or rock climbing. :)

Our kitten (3.5 mo old) is at the vet's for a couple of days having surgery--wish him luck and a speedy recovery. A coydog tried to eat him about a week and half ago, and despite my cleaning out the many bites and taking him to the vet for rabies and antibiotics shots/pills, he got a large abscess on his back. We can get him back on Sunday, but he'll have a large wound on his back that I'll have to care for--good thing I'm not squeamish! It'll have to be left open to drain for a while. Poor kitty.

gettinskinnyforJR
06-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone!

I skipped my evening exercises last night, we had to go and mow my father-in-laws lawn. I figure I got my workout in though, I mow about half of it, approx. 1 acre, with the push mower wearing ankle weights.

Jana, you are hysterical. The dog, really?! Aren't you ashamed! :nono: I decided to try the veggie diet, so far, so good, but, maybe the hubby should count the pets when he gets home every evening :lol:

Kat, the poor kitty, I hope everything is fine with him. Yes, it's a good thing us women aren't squeemish. How else would anything gross get done, a genie perhaps?:genie:

Carree, I too hope you and dh start feeling better soon. Get those meds in you girl!

Later, ladies. Mel

elle_00001
06-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone so having a good weekend so far.
Im taking mine slow and easy, and so far the only plans I have are a trip to the gym when the hubby gets home.

Mel...a half acre..with leg weights! Wow...you'd have a hard time getting me to just mow let alone wear weights while Im doing it. Not that Im lazy...its more like spoiled...LOL
That makes me sound awful. But I have always lived in apartments, and now that Im in a house I have a teeny little patch of lawn. I have never mowed a lawn. Isnt that terrible?
We are planning within about 5 years to buy some acreage, so Im sure I will be in for a shock.

I used to be what I called a 'hostage vegetarian'. My sister and two roommates were vegetarians. So I never had meat in the house. Not that they would have complained, I just did it as a courtesy to them. So I learned to make alot of great vegetarian dishes. I made the the same foods, just without the meat, and they were all great. I didnt mind not having the meat, and I ate some once in a while when I ate out, but I didnt really miss it. Then when I moved to a place of my own I had steak and burgers every night! (and left the pets alone!) Now...I dont know if I could ever give it up again.

Kat...your poor kitty. I have such a weakness for animals. I cant watch those vet shows on Animal Planet because they always make me cry. I hope she is better soon.

Jana..the bracelet sound beautiful. You are so close to 25 lbs already! I am so happy for you. Doesnt it seem so unacheivable when you look at the whole amount you want to lose, but when you break it down into small manageable goals its totally possible! You are on a roll!

Hi Caree..Im sorry that you and your hubby are so sick. I hope you can get better soon and enjoy the summer. I love chihuahuas! They are so cute. Is that one of them in your AV?

Well, I think we have decided on a name for the puppy. I nixed the beer names, so he went with one that I had suggested. Makena. Its one of my favorite beaches on Maui, where I lived for a year. So its meaningful, and pretty.
We are going to Maui in November for our 2nd anniversary, so soon it will be "our beach" instead of "my beach". I cant wait..its the first time I will have been back since I lived there...and I get to share it all with my sweetie.

Well, I better get off of here before I write you all a novel. (speaking of novels...I got "The Lovely Bones" from the libraray yesterday because you said you liked it so much Jana.)

Have a sunny, healthy and happy day ladies!

Michelle:goodvibes

gettinskinnyforJR
06-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi guys!

Just a quick note, Michelle, not to toot my own horn :jig: but one acre is the part I mow. My husband rows the other acre with a riding mower.

I'm off, got to try to light a fire :flame: under the hubby to get him busy. He is such a couch potato anymore on the weekends and evenings, it frives me nuts. I wish I could get him to workout with me so he would have more energy. It's not that he's fat (thin as a rail) or lazy, he works very hard laying block every day. He just doesn't want to do anything when he's not working. :stress:

Have a great Saturday! Mel

Jane
06-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Hi Ladies,

This is the first time I've had ALL DAY to get on line, and I'm just about to go into withdrawal, lol.

Kat - I hope your kitten will be just fine. With YOU caring for it, it's bound to be. Just glad it wasn't the coydog's din-din!

Mel - holy cow, girl! Mowing 1 acre would kill me! That is a real workout, especially with the leg weights on.

Elle - Makena is a beautiful name! Hawaii - I can only dream of ever getting there. Btw - I am not the one who liked The Lovely Bones - it was too sad for me, so I never finished it, but both of my DDs liked it. I think you will, too. But I just kept picturing my daughters at that age, and couldn't take it. I know, I know - I'm a big wussie!!

Well, my nephew went back home today, and it is nice to have the house with no extra people in it. Not that he was any trouble, but you know what I mean.

Then this afternoon, DH dug around to find out why my tall summer phlox weren't coming up, and there were no bulbs left! So we went shopping and bought some new ones. One of the twins went with us, and that was fun.

Tomorrow is weigh in, and I have been good all week, so I am looking forward to it. I had a nsv (non-scale victory) today - I can now button some shirts that I used to wear open with a tank under them!! In this hot weather, one shirt sure feels better than 2. :)

Later,
Jana

Jane
06-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Ladies,

My browser won't let me bring up big, long threads.... so I'm going to start the July thread... SEE YOU THERE!!

DO NOT POST HERE..... GO TO THE JULY JADED LADIES THREAD