100 lb. Club - 2013/Part 2: Getting out of the 220s and 230s.

PreciousMissy
04-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Pretty stoked to be able to join this thread- looks like its crazy active and lots of great "losers" in here that are inspiring me already! I went from 268 to 180 in 2010 (not to mention I was always posting on here, weighing in daily, and actively involved with threads) ...and then gained it all back over the course of 2011 and 2012. I have been really down about being this high again, and just upset that I let myself go. However, joining these threads again, getting back to my old (good) habits,

LebenAlles, your attitude towards your aunt's visit is amazing!! You are rocking it, and your excitement towards the 220's is really rubbing off on me!

SeeMyFeet- what are liquid donuts?

Daimere- you are rocking it- good luck, those 14 pounds will fly off! I am excited to watch you get to your lowest weight ever!

Thought I'd start a new thread since we're past the 500 mark. This was the last post so I thought I'd bring it over here :)

Welcome akelly728!

IanG
04-26-2013, 12:47 PM
224.8lbs today. Nearly to the two-teens!

merilung
04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks for starting a new thread, PreciousMissy!

IanG - you'll be out of here before you know it!

I'm in at 236.8 today - I'd really like to get to 236 by my 'official' weigh in on Sunday - that'll be 40 pounds lost!

IanG
04-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Congrats Merilung. 40lbs is a biggie. I felt fantastic then.

Dichi
04-26-2013, 01:42 PM
I'll join this thread even though I'm almost out. I saw a 219.8 this morning but I don't know if it will stick. I have a 5k tonight and tomorrow I'll be cheering on the marathon runners, I'm hoping it doesn't become a carb fest.

I'm really enjoying eating low carb. I can't believe how fast I'm losing this time around...not that I'm complaining.

PreciousMissy
04-26-2013, 03:28 PM
IanG, that's awesome! I saw in another thread you accomplished your mini-goal of 225, so congratulations on that, too!

merilung, 40lb is a great accomplishment! I'll cross my fingers for Sunday!

Welcome Dichi!

Puffyamiyumifan
04-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi, just found this thread... At 231.6 today. Hoping to cruise through the 220's quickly as I am having surgery July 1st.

charliee
04-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Yay, for everyones losses this week, and hello to the newcomers. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

merilung
04-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Sooo as long as it sticks tomorrow I've met my 40 pounds down goal for the week - weighed in at 235.6 this morning which is 40.4 pounds lost total!

SeeMyFeet
04-27-2013, 11:53 AM
:tantrum: :stress: :frypan: :yikes: :hyper: :bomb: :tantrum:
I don't want to be in this thread anymore!!!
I want to graduate!!!!
Ugh. Up 1# today. Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy
I need to cut a few hundred calories per day and I need to exercise more.

Let me change that....

I WILL cut a few hundred caloried TO-DAY and I WILL exercise more.

....Hard to do on the weekend.....
waaa waaaa cry cry

foreverfaye
04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Just wanted to do a weekend check in! Hope everyone's staying on track.
Welcome newbies!!!! We've got some people ready to graduate so you are just in time.

Dani86
04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone! I'm a newbie to this site and this seems like an appropriate place for me to be. I'm currently at 231 (237 last week when I started my journey) so I hope to be here for only a little while but I'd love to meet you all while I'm here!

Does everyone find it helpful to have mini-goals? I don't have any so I'm curious if they work.

merilung
04-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Welcome, Dani86! I do mini-goals, sort of. I usually participate in one of the challenges that runs every 6-8 weeks and it does help me stay on task - thinking about the next 101 pounds I want to lose is way more daunting than thinking about the next 20!

LebenAlles
04-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Hey Guys! Hope everyone is having a kickass weekend. .welcome to all the new folks and congrats to all the losses!

Glad this thread is getting new blood because.... as of today, I am outta here!!! Weighed in at 219.6 this morning and that is good enough for me! This post was brought to you by the exclamation point!! :) See you guys on the other side really soon!

akelly728
04-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Had a pretty good weekend- still in this 230/220 club which is amazing! (Figured I might bounce back to the 240 club since I'm on the border). Went out of town for a friend's graduation and ate a little extra than I wanted, but I ran 2 miles on Saturday morning and 1.5 miles today. So far, I am down a pound compared to Friday!

merilung- congrats on the 40 lb loss!! Fantastic! I know that's great

SeeMyFeet
04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
BwaaHaa "brought to you by the exclamation point" :lol:...made me laugh LebenAlles...though you're probably chatting with your "new friends" and not coming back to read here. C'est la vie!

Major success with cutting calories and exorcising this weekend, but still stuck. Only 3# down from last Sunday...and I was hoping for a major whoosh. :cry: I still have a few ## to go to make the ticker honest. And then 8 more to graduate....Pheh!...I feel like I am crawling out of this 20/30s hole by my teeth!

Em Coconut
04-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Glad to see everyone doing so good!:)

Hoping to be out of the 230s this week. Should be very much possible, as last weigh in I was 230.1...Need to see the 220s so that I can get out of them too, lol.

charliee
04-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Morning peeps! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm down to 220.6 this morning, so hopefully I'll be out of this thread and into the next one sometime this week. Being 21 pounds away from onederland seems a little unbelievable to me, fingers crossed I can hold on.

LebenAlles
04-29-2013, 09:20 AM
SeeMyFeet, I haven't abandoned you guys altogether! I'm still subscribed so I can check on you all again from time to time, so you haven't gotten rid of me yet
:fr: (disclaimer: this smiley has little to no context, but I've always wanted to use him)

PreciousMissy
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Congratulations on all the losses and welcome to all the newbies!

Lebenalles, that's awesome!!!! Hate to see you go, but hopefully Charliee and I will be joining you very soon (some sooner than others, right Charliee ;))

Holding steady at 224 today!

SeeMyFeet
04-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Mornin' All!
Down 1.5# from yesterday. That makes 4.5# since 8 days ago when I started posting here regularly again.

Conclusion: Posting on 3FC causes weight loss. :carrot:

4# until my ticker is honest again. (Can't wait to start playing with that thing again!) Then 8 more # so I can call the moving van and get outta here!

I made the yummiest split pea and ham soup for my boys in the crock pot last night! (The soup was in the crock pot, not the boys....although....there are times....hmmm...the oven is pretty big......) I cannot even look at those carbs. You watch..I licked the spoon and tomorrow I'll be up 5#!

merilung
04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Congrats on your losses, charliee and SeeMyFeet!!

I'm holding steady at 236 even - I've been 100% OP, so I'm hoping to see another good loss soon!

akelly728
04-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Bounced up to 241.6 :-/ My own fault though- ate some pizza last night when I should have just stuck to my plan. Oh well- overall still not as much of a disaster as my weekends have been for the last year. TOM is also lingering around the corner- wish she would look the other way!

Ready to work it off this week and get well into the 230's! This thread is very motivating, so I will stay!

foreverfaye
04-29-2013, 10:33 PM
So I lost a big fat goose egg this week :( I was only down .8 yesterday which bummed me out I felt I'd done pretty good all week- not perfect but the best week I'd had in the past 2 months. So I did that thing that brought me here in the first place, I ate my feelings. I gave in and had fast food which a) tasted freakin gross and b) of course bumped my weight back up. Positive note, I moved on and forward. Ate in my cal range went to spin + zumba today. My immediate goal is to hit May running.

charliee
04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry Faye, it can be so hard to resist temptation when you're not seeing the results you want. Hang in there, you jumped back on a track, and those extra calories just might be what you need to give the scale a little push.

Akelly, all good, it's probably just water from the excess sodium.

Merilung I'm sure a whoosh is coming soon.

Congrats SeeMyFeet, I completely understand sometimes I swear i look at a cupcake and I go up a few pounds.

Yes PreciousMissy lets do this, I'm packing my bags, I wanna get first choice of the oceanview units before IanG moves in. :)

Em Coconut
04-30-2013, 05:43 AM
229.5 today :) closing in on the lowest weight I've been at in almost three years, which is 227ish. I hope I don't freak out right before and sabotage, that would be so typical me.

charliee
04-30-2013, 07:55 AM
You can do it EmCoonut, stay strong.

I made it to 219.2 today. Yay! I'm not sure if it will stick, because I didnt eat much yesterday. So I'm gonna ride both threads till I know. Thanks for all the support, can't wait to see you all in the new decade!

SeeMyFeet
04-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Up 2# today. For no good reason. Ugh.
I'm so scared.
I've been in this pattern for so long.
Reduce cals more. Exercise more. Trying to stay positive.
I'm just so exhausted.

PreciousMissy
04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Whoo-hoo Charlie! I hope it does stick!

Seemyfeet, I've been there before. The whole "why do this if it's not working?!?!? I could be eating a cheeseburger instead!!!!" Losing weight isn't easy...it's just not. You know what's easy, gaining weight...that's why we're all here. It's a struggle now, but it will be worth it when you reach goal!

Still at 224, so no loss this week, but it's ok. It will eventually come off, right? :)

My slacks have buttons at the waistline so they can be cinched in. Two weeks ago I was constantly pulling them up so I decided to cinch them in with the buttons...they were a little snug, but I was so tired of constantly pulling my pants up (I know, it's a good problem to have :lol: ). I'm wearing them today and they're no longer snug! I may have only lost 2lb in the last two weeks, but I'm sure I've lost more inches!!

Misti in Seattle
04-30-2013, 12:59 PM
LOL well I found ONE way to finally get out of this thread. :) They did the breast reduction surgery yesterday and took off 10 pounds of boob! Wow. Now I am heading on down to the 2-teens thread ha ha

akelly728
04-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Well...might have to put my spot on hold...bounced up to 242.2. I was good yesterday, just might be some leftover remnants of my Sunday night pizza. I also fly each week, and yesterday was a travel day so hoping that caused it as well.

The good news is I am OP today- drinking water to flush the system, and will workout tonight at the hotel. I'm going to make it back to my comfy 239** spot!!! And once I do, I'm praying 239 will introduce me to its friends 238, 237, 236...etc!

charliee, thanks for the support! your words actually made me think of you when I was on the scale and saw the bump again. Just going to sit back and do what I know to do! Congrats on 219!!! Huge deal...I cant wait to be there!

faye, I'm just like you- turn to eating when I'm upset, frustrated, heck even when I'm happy. It's a process, both mentally and physically and we are all here for you!

EmCoconut, man, you sound like me too! I think everybody sabatoges themselves. My roommate is also losing weight and anytime she gets close to a "new" number, she goes out and splurges and then spends days undoing it. Must be human nature or something...weird.

Misti, congrats on surgery- hope the recovery is smooth! A loss is a loss, right? :)

PreciousMissy
04-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Completely off topic, but akelly728, your dog is adorable!!!

foreverfaye
04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
LebenAlles, wohoo!!!!! Congrats
Emcoconut stay strong chick. You got this.
charliee, thanks for the encouragement.
akelly, stay on OP. Remember, what goes up must come down :)

I'm a little miffed because I won't be able to gym tonight. I got scheduled to work. I was really looking forward to my last workout of April 2013. I'm praying for a miraculous whoosh on the scale tomorrow. ¤fingers crossed¤

Dani86
04-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Hey guys! I think I'm a little scale obsessed at the moment and though my "official" weigh in isn't until friday, I'm currently down to 229! I'm proud of myself. I know it's only been a few weeks since I started my journey but I have been really good. I've been able to eat healthy 95% of the time and then the 5% that I want to have a treat, I'm keeping it in check and just having a little bit. This is new territory for me and I'm so glad to be here to see you all going through this with me (even if we just met). It's inspiring to know that real people CAN do this. Thank you all for just being here! <3

Daimere
04-30-2013, 09:02 PM
There was a rag underneath my scale. The last few days it's been weighing me 9 pounds lighter. I moved that rag I just realized that was there. And bam I'm back at 229. :( I really wanted to be 224. And it just sort of upsets me. I even got extra sleep today to help the scale budge.

charliee
04-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh Daimere, that kinda sucks :( *hug*
I know it's hard, but try not to think about it too much, you're still in the 220's, you've lost inches, and you're still losing. Do you usually weigh at night?

Onwards and downwards!

Selina Kyle
05-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Was 245lbs at the start of January - at 220lbs as of this Monday . Hoping to be at 219 (or lower!) by this time next week. Then it's only 20lb to go until ONEDERLAND. Woot!

SeeMyFeet
05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
ooooDaimere :cry:
just so awful you have to laugh...what else can you do???

Good start SelinaKyle! Keep up the good work.

Down 1# today to 232. That number and I are old friends now...more like the guest who came for an overnight visit and stayed a few months. Familiarity breeds contempt. Much contempt.

Daimere
05-01-2013, 10:34 AM
I was so motivated in the last week. I thought I was invincible. I know it's just a number but PUFF. Ugh. I wake up at night. Therefore weigh in at night

PreciousMissy
05-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I'll cross my fingers for you too, foreverfaye!

Dani86 and SelinaKyle, well done on your losses!!!

Diamere, I feel your pain through the screen!!!! It's one of the reasons I refuse to get a new scale until I get into the 180's. I don't want to find out I weigh more than I thought right now, I think it would be too big of a deterrent. I also don't want to buy one when I'm in the 190's...I'd be heart broken if I found out I wasn't really in onderland and bounced back up into the 200's. It may sound a bit :dizzy: but it's all about what motivates the individual, right? ;)

224 today :). Only 5lb from the next thread!

I have decided to do away with "official weigh in days"! I was putting too much emphasis (power) in the scale on one particular day and letting it determine my success. No more! I am breaking free of my chains! When the scale goes lower, no matter what the day, I'm going to move my ticker...and enjoy it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Dani86
05-01-2013, 05:34 PM
PreciousMissy, I like your idea of no official weigh in day. Sounds wonderful.

Daimere
05-01-2013, 10:22 PM
The scale keeps rising. WTF. I started to break out today which that means I better be about to start. That's the only explanation. I have been eating under 2100 every day (average is 1600. My daily goal is 2010. I sometimes eat back my exercise cals). Even if I have threw in extra chia seeds in meals, that'd only add another 100 cals. I've been below goal according MFP every day (for 15 days). Usually I try not to be so weight goal focused but it's hard after that week of delusion.

You know what? With my exercise cals, I am going to IHOP and I ain't gonna get the "light and fit." I am going to fit it in my favorite food item from there and I'm gonna love it. Maybe my body needs a higher calorie day since I've been doing the 30 day shred and now I'm adding the May 30/30 challenge. I've already input it and it will give me 2300, over 200. But I will get at least 500 with my exercise cals (fitbit connected).

Selina Kyle
05-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Good start SelinaKyle! Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much! :carrot:

PreciousMissy
05-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Dani86, when I decided to do away with the weigh in day it was as if a weight had been lifted!

Daimere, could it be muscle gain? It sounds like you're doing a lot of (wonderful) exercises.

224 today, and that's after an extremely hungry, and salty, day yesterday. I'd eat, become full, and 2-3 hours later it was as if I hadn't eaten at all! Oh, and I was downing water! I don't remember how many times I went to the office kitchen and refilled my water.

Keep on truckin' everyone!!!! (yes, I really did just say that :lol: )

Em Coconut
05-02-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm staying away from the scale a couple of days, as yesterday and today has been a complete sodium fest. Tomorrow it's back to making healthier choices!

Dani86
05-03-2013, 01:53 AM
PreciousMissy - I'm adopting your method. If I see a lower number, I'll be excited about that :D

I am a Hungry Hungry Hippo today.. Cannot stop eating food. Fortunately I'm sticking to healthy stuff but goodness - I cannot stay full. I need to load up on protein or something..

Daimere
05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Stupid question, I am on the simple diet but also track on myfitnesspal (daimere on there also if you also use it).

If I always stick under my calorie goal, even if I eat some of my exercise calories, will I still lose weight (my mfp is set up for -1 a week)? Cause that's why I think these last few days have felt like major butthurt because I have been under calorie goal and rarely eat back my cals from exercise. I think hearing that will calm my nerves and make me realize that it's most likely hormonal. Or water retention. I should up my water...Hmmmm

Dani86
05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Daimere: As far as I know it calculates what you burn in a regular day based on what you said your daily activity is like and then for -1/week it takes 500 calories per day off of that (3500 calories/week deficit is needed to lose 1 lb). Therefore, even if you eat back your calories, as long as your net calories are within your goal (still green), you should still, hypothetically, lose the 1 lb.

If you aren't losing anything, it's probably hormones or water or sodium or heavy clothing or those gosh darn Slytherins that are holding you back. Don't worry too much, it'll correct itself soon! As long as you are following the plan, you'll lose the weight!

PreciousMissy
05-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Dani86, I had a hungry day this week. I felt like a bottomless pit!

224 today. Nothing to really report...SSDD :shrug: but I told myself I had to post in this thread daily to keep myself accountable, so here it is!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

merilung
05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
I've had a couple of VERY off-plan days, but I'm back OP now! I'll weigh in tomorrow (or maybe the next day ;)) so I can see what the damage is.

akelly728
05-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Back on track and 239.8 this morning! Glad to be back in this thread :)

Dani86
05-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Congrats to everyone who is back on track after going off plan.. That's the most important part! You're doing great :D

Daimere
05-03-2013, 05:55 PM
those gosh darn Slytherins that are holding you back.

Oh gosh, I'm so going to remember that one!

MoniqueMclean
05-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Hey Im new but here it goes... I am 225lbs I want out of here in 2 weeks ... Starting tommarrow lol!

stronger4me
05-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Hey new to this tread. Graduated from the 240s a week and a half ago. Now at 235 and looking to get out of this thread in the next 8 weeks. We can do this!

merilung
05-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Welcome MoniqueMclean and stronger4me!!

My days off plan don't seem to have held me up - 235.4 today!

SuperHeroTeacher
05-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Hoping to graduate INTO this thread any day now... My official Medifast weigh in this morning was 240.7... So close!

merilung
05-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Good luck, SuperHeroTeacher!! We'll see you here in no time!

Icamp2
05-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Jumping over here... was 238 this morning, hoping to be out of here sooner versus later...

foreverfaye
05-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Hey all,
So after a frustrating 10 days of major calorie counting and exercise that resulted in a big fat goose egg, I decided to take a diet vacay. I didn't check in on here, didn't track calories, didn't gym and ate out. And you know what?
It sucked. It's been 3 & a 1/2 days of total food and life chaos and I so don't appreciate it.
It made me realize that although the scale wasn't budging, I was having so many NSVs daily that I took for granted. I miss feeling like a *boss* at my bodycombat and spin classes. I miss the camaraderie of 3fc and my loseit folks and I miss waking up and setting goals for myself and I miss eating for sustenance and not just because I can.
So I'm back. I'm staying away from the scale for a bit and I have a lot of studying to do so my gym time may fall by the wayside, but I'm back to tracking and checking in.
Welcome to the new faces!!!

bSpring3
05-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Hey all...I'm new here.

Started around 250. First 30-ish went quickly. Now I'm bouncing up and down in the 220's. Was around 223...now around 226. I started C25K last week and feel that that's working different muscles...which I like. Possibly also building different muscles. Per the body fat meter at the gym, last week when I "gained" two pounds, I also reduced % body fat by 0.4%.

So, I feel that in terms of fitness, things are happening. In terms of weight, they're not. I probably just need to be a bit more careful on what I'm eating...but I guess I wanted to also have a little time to vent.

PreciousMissy
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Good morning all! Welcome to all the newbies!

Foreverfaye, I hear you about the daily NSVs that we sometimes forget about. Good for you for remembering them! :)

224 today and TOM is here. Usually I gain a few pounds in water weight, but didn't this time. Maybe this means I'll see a loss afterwards!

purplekitten7
05-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Hey everyone,
Not sure if anyone is still here who would remember me - I was here a month or so ago and I fell off the wagon bad! I am now back into the 230's as of this morning - down 5lbs from last week! And looking to stay on track again this time, with your help I hope!

PreciousMissy
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Welcome back purplekitten! They key is getting back on the horse! (side note: if you've ever seen the Big Bang Therapy where the group is trying to explain to Raj the meaning of that phrase, and what he really thought it meant, you'd be laughing as hard as I am right now:rofl:)

Good morning all!!! Still at 224. I'm starting to think the other lights on my scale are burned out and that's all it will show. I do have to remember that it's not showing me a higher number, and that's a good thing!

I'm off to conquer the day!

purplekitten7
05-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks PreciousMissy, I love Big Bang Theory - I think I just chuckled outloud at my desk, oops!
I hope you conquer your day...due to the time difference I am just ending my day...well leaving work in half hour (its 5.30pm)

mnemosyne
05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
(waves) I haven't participated in this thread in a few weeks or more. I was stuck for a fair chunk of April bouncing between 232-235 and pretty busy to boot, so was mostly hanging out in the 300+ area. Anyway! I managed to get to 231 (total loss for April: three pounds - that is lower than any month except December, which does not count. Yes: lower than November, which: THANKSGIVING) then bounced back to 234 last week. Well, finally the persistence through the month paid off.

I must've been holding onto a chunk of water weight, because here I am at 226. Now I suppose I get to bounce around for another month before seeing any more serious losses. :)

Still: wow. Lately, when I see my lower body in a mirror/window and my head is not visbile from my angle, I do not recognize myself. It is very surreal in a good way.

Cherie2888
05-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone. I barely squeaked in here at 239 but considering I started over 300, this feels pretty good! The scaler has been sluggish as of late so I expect I'll be around for a while. Looking forward to losing with you all!

Mnemosyne: I feel the same. I totally don't recognize myself some days.

MoniqueMclean
05-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Have anyone of you lost 20 pounds in a month? is this a reasonable goal?? I am calorie counting 1500 a day to maintain my current weight I need to consume 3100 calories... so per day I am saving 1600 calories X 7 weekly=11,200 which equals 3.2 pounds a week now my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) what my body burns just normally like staying in bed all day is 1380x7 weekly=9660 which equals 2.7 pounds... but incorporating walking in the evening is reasonable to loose 5 pounds a week? also I am annoyed with my scale it always is different weight when I weigh in different spot why is this ughh drive me nuts

mnemosyne
05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Cherie - it's a great feeling, isn't it? Congrats on your loss!

Monique - I think that that goal is NOT realistic. I do not trust the BMR calculator that websites come up with. I started off much heavier than you did, eat a moderately low-calorie diet, and have exercised fairly regularly. Consistent weight loss at about 10 pounds a month was possible for me when I was heavier. Now, good months are closer to 8. And those are GOOD months. Sometimes, my losses are lower.

If your goal is to lose 20 pounds in one month, I think you are setting yourself up for failure. Slow and steady wins this particular race.

PreciousMissy
05-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow, this thread has been busy since I posted this morning! :)

mnemosyne, that is fantastic! Good job for sticking with it!

Welcome Cherie2888!

MoniqueMclean, I have to agree with mnemosyne, 20lb is pretty drastic unless you're doing something that is medically supervised like Ideal Protein or have surgery, and even then, I think it would be very hard.

I do Intuitive Eating and some months I'll lose 4lb, and on a good month I'll lose 6lb.

A little tough love here, but I think aiming for any type of linear loss will be a huge discouraging factor to your success. I've been at the same weight for three weeks at times and the only thing that's kept me going is being ok with it. I know if I keep at a healthier lifestyle my drop dead gorgeous figure will eventually follow. :D

You can do this! Through the good and the bad, you'll be successful if you stick with it!

MoniqueMclean
05-07-2013, 03:37 PM
ok ladies I wasn't sure with the calculators so I take ur word on it and trust that ideally I should be loosing 2-3 pounds a week.. yup slow and steady wins the race and your right ..what was I think :P

merilung
05-07-2013, 10:24 PM
I lost 25 pounds my first monthish, but I certainly haven't maintained that pace! I'd like to bring it back up to 10 pounds a month over the summer (since it's SO much easier to be active - I do 90% of my exercise outside), but I'm not all that worried about it.

purplekitten7
05-08-2013, 04:47 AM
Good Morning ladies, our lovely sunshine has gone back to miserable grey clouds :( So much harder to be motivated to work out! I had a day off yesterday, my knee was really saw from the 8 mile walk on Monday! But my gym bag is packed and ready for after work tonight so *fingers crossed*

I really want to start doing yoga, but I feel like I'm too big to go to a class - has anyone else given it a go? Is it as terrifying and full of skinny girls as I'm expecting it to be?

Hope you all have a cracking day x

Dani86
05-08-2013, 04:56 AM
I really want to start doing yoga, but I feel like I'm too big to go to a class - has anyone else given it a go? Is it as terrifying and full of skinny girls as I'm expecting it to be?

So many questions I can answer! I've done yoga several times (and I'm not small by any means).. Are you too big for a class? absolutely not! Yoga is fun because it's about meditation and flexibility. If you go to a beginners class, they do not expect you to be able to do everything. Is it terrifying? Definitely. These people can be crazy stretchy and will be able to do a lot - but don't fear! Refer to answer #1... Is it full of skinny girls - yes. but guess what! Soon we'll be the skinny girls we are afraid of, might as well start working out like one now!

Anyway, I think you should try it. It is a lot of sweat and hard work but it's so worth it!

MoniqueMclean
05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Dani86 the other day you posted about be nervous about the gym ??? you know what my problem is I am afraid of sweating its a phobia for me I associate it with being fat yet I know everyone sweats but my brain cannot get past the sweating thing associated with overweight person is this odd to say or has anyone else felt this way ... uggh man sometimes I think I got some issues lol

purplekitten7
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks Dani86, I'm just get used to going to the gym so I think I'll settle into that for a couple more weeks and then I'll brave the yoga class! It's nice to think eventually I'll be one of those skinny flexible girls that people are intimidated by! (not that I want to be intimidating but I hope you know what I mean!)

MoniqueMclean - I do understand how you feel, for some reason when I see the other people sweating I think "oh look how hard they must be working" but assume that people look at me and think "geez, look how unfit she it!" for me it's just something I had to power through, be proud of sweating your butt off (literally!)

MoniqueMclean
05-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Changing the way we think especially if we have been thinking like that for years is difficult and can be achieved...although for me sometimes is requires a lil extra and I am stubborn.. and with my personality I hate change.. I keep reminding myself daily that im gunna change one way or another and there is nothing I can do about it haha

PreciousMissy
05-08-2013, 10:46 AM
purplekitten, Dani86 is right, no one is too big to do yoga!! I did it years ago and loved it! There were people of all sizes in the class. There was one girl I remember that had a body I was very envious of but I kept telling myself she's that in shape and flexible because she comes to yoga! I wish I had kept going. There are different kinds of yoga, I didn't much care for the hot yoga, myself.

MoniqueMclean, I cannot stand sweat. Not for any of the reasons you've listed...just because I'm a little (ok, a lot) quirky. Oddly enough, my boyfriend sweats a lot.

224 today. I'm thinking about just adding it to my signature line so I don't have to write it so much, lol. No matter what, high sodium, low sodium, a lot of water, little water, I'm 224. I highly doubt I need to change the battery in my scale, I just did a couple of months ago.

I just have to remind myself, I'm not 240 anymore, and stick with it!

Have a rockin' day everyone!

Numina Dae
05-08-2013, 12:53 PM
OK, I've been bouncng around 230-232 for a couple of weeks now. What is it about the edge of a new decade? It's like there's a magic wall or barrier that keeps bouncing me back.

We either need to hire a 100+ lockpicker or buy a 100+ battering ram!

Hey 220's! I want in!!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/cannonball.gif

MoniqueMclean
05-08-2013, 12:58 PM
that's it numina I am declaring the war on fat I am shouting get er done and get her here I have a sneaky feeling ill see you soon:)

Cherie2888
05-08-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm definitely one of the "big girls" at the fitness class I go to but I don't care! It feels amazing when I'm done and everyone in the class has been supportive. Don't let your size hold you back!

Lol on the sweating. I was still sweating from the morning workout after my shower today. Ewwww!

You guys are great! I love this forum!

MoniqueMclean
05-08-2013, 01:17 PM
lol Cherie sound like me ewww

Remington90
05-08-2013, 02:23 PM
I should have joined this thread a while ago, but never did. At any rate, I got into the 220s this morning at 229. Barely but I made it. I'm hoping to get into the two-teens by end end of the month.

After saying I hated jogging I went for a walk on my lunch today and tried a veeeeery slow jog and I was fine! did it for a few minutes and then slowed back down. I had to return to work and couldn't shower. Didn't want to get totally gross. Did pretty well today and am going to bike tomorrow hopefully. Maybe jog again Friday.

Definitely excited to be here but very anxious to leave too!
thanks for having me :dizzy:

tdesrocher
05-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Hello Ladies new around here and looking for support, I started at 274 and I am at 234 so 40lbs but it's taken since last august to get here. The weight is coming off very slowly 1300-1500 cals a day plus 5days of 1hr cardio and 1 strength day. was hoping to see 225 by may 9 but that has come and gone so we are movin on. Anyway weigh in on sat and looking for 232 :) (hopefully it's there !!!)

Dani86
05-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Weighed myself this morning and I was 227.4 (EXACTLY 10lbs lighter than my starting weight!) Goal #1 accomplished!

bSpring3
05-09-2013, 12:04 AM
I sweat buckets at the gym. Oh well...I'm okay with it.

I'm still up a couple pounds. It's disappointing, but I'm still working at things. My job's shifted which makes getting to the gym/exercising more difficult, but I"m still hoping to keep it going. (Week 2 of C25K is progressing...)

oh...and I bought size 18 jeans today, to replace the 22's I've been wearing. (Last year, they were too snug to move in...progress.)

Renniekins
05-09-2013, 10:04 AM
I know it's only 6 lbs from my starting weight, but, YAY! I'm at 229. I've been stuck at 235 for I don't know how long. On my way down :)

PreciousMissy
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the newbies!

Dani86, that's awesome on your first goal! Feels great, doesn't it!

bspring3, for me, clothes are the biggest confirmation of success! Way to go on the smaller size!

222 this morning! After 3 weeks of nothing the scale finally decided to move! I'm doing a little happy dance!

Also, a pair of pants that I haven't worn in a while are actually a little loose. When I first started I could get them on, but I couldn't get them buttoned! I think this weekend I need to go through my closet and see what else fits that I haven't put on in a while.

mnemosyne
05-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Big congrats! to Dani and Rennikins and PreciousMissy - heh, I know the relief when the scale finally moves again, for sure.

Mine flirted with and settled on a high 225 number this morning (225.8) but second weigh-in was 226.0 and since I so recently had the pleasure of moving my ticket I am waiting for that number to be more solid. Hah.

I have noticed a lot more loose skin lately, or new weird ways in which my body is adapting to fat loss, but I THINK I had have some improvement in the lines I had developed around my mouth (also from weight loss). I have been using some spendy Lancome face cream lately, but it is probably just... adaptation of the body, or something. I'm not sure. Anyway, have a great day y'all!

bSpring3
05-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks, PreciousMissy. I know what you mean about scouring the closet...I was at the point where I had to invest in something new.

Congrats to all who are seeing the scale move in a positive way.

After a couple days of up, it was back down a couple pounds when I went to the gym tonight. That was after I went for an unexpected dinner out w/friends, so I felt good about that. (Although now I'm feeling a little sore, I'll admit....but in a good way/place.)

purplekitten7
05-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Hullo all,

My scale isn't budging this week - but I have been eating some things I shouldn't (like a whole pot of ice cream the other night because I felt miserable) so I suppose I should be grateful its staying put and hasn't sky rocketed! I'm working on my comfort eating reflex but its hard work - I can generally resist it if I've worked out and the ice cream night - I hadn't so I think that was part of my trigger.
Note to self, next time I feel a bit down - go work up a sweat in the gym and I'll feel much better afterwards.

I'm trying to focus more on fitness goals than lbs lost this time - I'm hoping the lbs will take care of themselves if I'm getting fitter, and last night I jogged (and walked a bit) 1km in 8mins 14secs which is the fastest I've ever managed it - so yay go me! (thats probably a fairly shocking time but small victories!)

Hope everyones scales are nice to them!

MoniqueMclean
05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
GOODMORNING EVERONE.....I am getting those feelings of hopelessness again.. there was drama at my house last night well I know that I have a blended family 2 kids are mine 1 is not and honestly that is the only reason me an hubby fight is over the kids...I just so fed up with it that is one of the huge and source behind my anxiety.. life people always had it obstacles and I am so use to throwing in the towel.. I thinki I am getting over it as I type... my weigh in is tommarrow and well I feel different this week im sure I lost a few fingers Crossed lets hope.. I hate my scale though when I weigh my self in different places the scale says something different anyone experience this?

mnemosyne
05-10-2013, 10:02 AM
purplekitten - I always feel grateful when I maintain through those moments, too. I also think it is easier to resist things like ice cream when they aren't in the house? Is that something you could excise from your freezer except for special occasions, or do you have roommates/family who expect to have ice cream available at any time?

Monique - I hope that you're made it through your negative feelings and that things are more calm in your house! Good luck with your weigh-in.

MoniqueMclean
05-10-2013, 10:22 AM
I Weighed In Today As I Am On Day 7 Lol Miscounted 230.2 Pounds On May 4th Today I Weigh 223.23 It Real I Weighed 3 Times Woooot

purplekitten7
05-10-2013, 12:54 PM
mnemosyne - thanks, unfortunately I have no-one to blame for the ice cream but myself! I normally don't buy it but made a bad choice last weekend and had been struggling to resist it ever since! But hey, we're only human right?!

MoniqueMclean - thats ace! You go girl!

I'm feeling a bit down today, had a "final argument" with my ex and have now completely cut the ties, deleted off facebook, deleted off phone, packed his clothes/etc into a bag and got a friend to give me a lift to take it over this weekend. Closure here I come, hopefully I'll feel better when thats happened :(

PreciousMissy
05-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Purplekitten, I'm so sorry to hear that your relationship has ended! Hopefully with closure you can start to heal.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses!

222 today, so I think it's sticking around for a bit! Only 3 more pounds and I'll be in the 2-teens. 14 weeks ago it was 21lb until the 2-teens...wow, just wow.

I'm so proud of myself :D

SuperHeroTeacher
05-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Yay! I'm officially moving in over here! My weigh in at Medifast was 239.0 this morning! :D

nitrus29
05-11-2013, 07:18 PM
hi ya'll !!! :D
weighed -in at 238 this morning!! :carrot: was seriously sickkkkk of the sticky 240s !!! took a while to get out of them!! :dizzy:
hoping to get out of 230s n onto 220s by end of this month!!
* fingers crossed * :^:

SuperHeroTeacher
05-11-2013, 08:19 PM
hi ya'll !!! :D
weighed -in at 238 this morning!! :carrot: was seriously sickkkkk of the sticky 240s !!! took a while to get out of them!! :dizzy:
hoping to get out of 230s n onto 220s by end of this month!!
* fingers crossed * :^:

Woohoo! nitrus - Way to go! I hope to be in the low 230s by the end of the month and into the 220s by early June. My July 4 goal is 221, but I secretly want to meet it early and get into the two-teens!!!;)

MoniqueMclean
05-11-2013, 08:30 PM
you will get there just give it ur all !!! focus just on that objective that short term goal.. and nothing else weight related when you accomplish it then celebrate and make another goal ... I am working on 210 by june 4th that's my goal:) i know u can do it :carrot:

MoniqueMclean
05-11-2013, 08:38 PM
btw ladies I have a very useful stomach exercise that is very goo for people with lower back issues or weak backs..

Stand with legs spread apart, put your arms bent tight to your sides with your hands in a fist.

Suck in your belly and move side to side keeping your hips centered...

i do 100 reps a day 50 in morning and 50 at night

does wonders for your waistline

SuperHeroTeacher
05-12-2013, 01:44 AM
btw ladies I have a very useful stomach exercise that is very goo for people with lower back issues or weak backs..

Stand with legs spread apart, put your arms bent tight to your sides with your hands in a fist.

Suck in your belly and move side to side keeping your hips centered...

i do 100 reps a day 50 in morning and 50 at night

does wonders for your waistline

I'm trying this tomorrow!

charliee
05-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Just peeking into my old stomping grounds to see who is soon to join me in the next thread.:)

Looks like PreciousMissy and Mnemosyne are really close!! Can't wait to see you!

Keep up the good work everyone!

SuperHeroTeacher
05-12-2013, 02:41 PM
I've had great success since moving into this board! I'm down to 235.2 as of this morning!!! :yay::yay:

MoniqueMclean
05-12-2013, 10:34 PM
So I freaking made a slip today darnnit...I freakin ate a piece of cake but the reason I did it was my daughter and my mother baked it for me.. it was my daughters idea.. eek.. so no choice there.. then I was at my mothers stlill and she made pork chops for dinner.. I had a couple bits and a few fries then I got super angry at myself and haven't ate since.. im going to have some oatmeal and fruit and then go to bed..is a slip or a screw up dunno but it was not something I wanted to do ..now my stomache feels bad and sick.. I know now what people mean by after a long time without grease ur body rejects it .. I like this idea I ate 3 junkie items and it made my stomache gross.. very interesting!! All is I know I wont be doing that again ... that greasy sweet stuff make u feel bad after.. healthy IS CERTAINLY the way to go

destyni
05-13-2013, 01:03 AM
i weighed in at 234.8.
i hope to be saying good riddance to this thread by end of june.
but for now,im going to get comfy. hello! :)

purplekitten7
05-13-2013, 05:34 AM
Down 1lb this week, which I'm pretty proud of since I slipped up during last week and didn't work out as much as I should have. Back on track this week though, and hopefully the scale will reflect it afterwards!

I'm off to the gym tonight to see how I feel after jogging/walking 5k - I have a charity race at the end of next month and I need to start training for it!

2muchbelly
05-13-2013, 09:15 AM
238 today. yay.
glad to finally be out of the 240s thread.

I really really really dont wanna go back up.
Good luck everyone!

cincorn
05-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Good morning. I'm a newbie here and I think I found the right place for support from others going through the same thing. Maybe we can get some support on our journey. I lost 45 lbs. in 2010 and got down to 200#. But depression, health issues, family issues, chronic pain all made me "give up" and not care about myself. I sat around eating my feelings and feeling sorry for myself until I woke up to find I was the heaviest I've ever been, 248#. I have been doing Atkins and have lost 14 lbs. in 5 weeks. I'm no longer dreading the journey but looking forward to it! :joker:

MoniqueMclean
05-13-2013, 10:35 AM
cincorn~~~~~WELCOME to the forum .. I am new here as well I have been on the forum for a few weeks and find the forum to be a awesome experience I came here quite desperate and in despair but have managed to find hope in this place.. just get your mind healthy, that's what I am working on.. congrats on your weighloss thus far.. glad your here and nice to meet you !! :carrot::carrot:

mnemosyne
05-13-2013, 10:37 AM
haha, purplekitten - we are only human. I buy ice cream sometimes, too - though usually I take it to my folks' house and try to share it with them, then LEAVE it there so I am not tempted. But it sounds like you are going through alot right now. I really, really hope that you get to closure as soon as possible. And I'm glad you lost weight last week, too! So encouraging.

waves to Charliee - hah, nice to see you again. Hopefully more soon, along with preciousmissy.

Monique - cheers, I have lost almost 150 lbs now, and I have a piece of cake occasionally. I don't get angry at myself, I just eat the cake or dessert or have a glass of wine once a week rather than whenever I want to eat it. I would encourage you to consider giving yourself space like that so you aren't getting angry with yourself over occasional treats. just make sure they really are OCCASIONAL. For occasions, like when your daughter bakes you a cake for mother's day, I'm guessing. That's an occasion. :)

Welcome to all the folks who have made it into this thread! Hopefully y'all won't be here long!

I'm down to 222 this morning. I'm a bit blinkered by it honestly, since I was plateaued and bouncing around between 231 and 235 all April. My lowest weight in April was 231 so that was my official May starting weight, but I think I was actually 233 on May 1. I am pleased but it is weird for me at THIS point to see the scales move that fast. Especially since nothing has changed. I'll assume I was retaining water, but yeah. wow.

**PS: I wrote that entire paragraph initially saying 331 instead of 231. Some days I still haven't adjusted.

PreciousMissy
05-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Wow, so many new people! How wonderful!!

MoniqueMclean, I agree with mnemosyne that the occasional treat is what keeps us on track. There's nothing wrong with it. I posted in another thread a while back that I spent a few days eating junk and when it was over I felt like junk. I was thrilled to get back on track and eating healthier!

223 this morning. I'm surprised it wasn't higher to be honest, yesterday was a sodium fest!

SuperHeroTeacher
05-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Up a little bit today to 236.0, but considering I had two days in a row of big losses, I'm not complaining! I'm so happy to see so many people moving int this thread the same week as me - I like having the feeling that we're all in the same general situation.

purplekitten7
05-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Welcome to all the newbies!

I am shamefully just popping on quickly to be proud - last night I went to the gym and managed to run 1km without having to stop/slow down/walk in 7:07 mins

I know thats a fairly rubbish time but its double the distance I've been able to run in one go before and I am so proud of myself for pushing through what I thought were my limits!

Good luck everyone, I'll be back on later to be less selfish ;)

cincorn
05-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Good for you Purplekitten! I wish I felt like I could do ANY exercise but after starting some new BP meds last week I feel really tired and weak and my heart pounds and I feel like I might pass out just walking across the room! I called my doctor and he said cut them in half which I did but after a few days the symptoms were better but still there. I quit taking them. Anyway, I weighed 233 this morning. That is a total 15 lb. loss for me since the 8th of April when I started. I had horrible indigestion, upper gastric pain bad enough to interfere with my sleep last night. I wonder if those miracle noodles I ate yesterday had anything to do with that? It was my first time eating them. Has anyone else any experience with those shiritake noodles? :hug:

MoniqueMclean
05-14-2013, 08:39 AM
hey ladies I'm hoping without a doubt that ill be outta this thread by the end of the week :)I know im close....I can feel it I already feel a difference and even looking at me I have lost... I aint saying a word to my work mates im just waiting for one of them to say hey r u loosing weight .. those very important words every girl loves to hear .. well until then yipp yip eeee..

So with my injury with my toe going through my nikes after my 5k walk yesterday I am left a lil discouraged..toe feels better but is it safe to walk again I wanna go today but ughh .. work in progress .. hope everyones doing good..

cincorn congrats on ur weighloss amongst your struggles, keep it up have faith in your self I wish you much luck girl!!

PreciousMissy
05-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Good for you purplekitten! That's quite the accomplishment!!

Monique, I hope your toe feels better soon!

cinicorn, I've had the shiritaki noodles before, but have never had any gastric pain with them. Although, I do over cook them, per the package directions. The ones I've bought say to boil them for 8 minutes, but I prefer to cook them in with my veggies, like a stir fry, so I end up cooking them for about 15 minutes.

I'm up to 224 today. I know I didn't eat enough food in the last couple of days to warrant a gain. I had another sodium day yesterday, not to mention I ate a piece of pie. Come to think of it, I've had a sugary treat three days in a row. Well, that's going to stop right now! Occasionally is not a problem, but three days in a row is not "occasionally".

purplekitten7
05-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Thanks cincorn, poor you! I've definitely got my exercise vibe going and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to not be able to work out!

MoniqueMclean - no offense intended, but I'm sure all of us can't wait until you leave this thread as well - although we'll be keen to follow you to the next one! ;) How is your toe?

PreciousMissy - mmm pie! On a serious note, you can totally beat the sugary treats! Good luck!

Sorry to anyone I've missed!

I managed 2.54k on the treadmill last night in 20 minute - 0.04 more than the goal I set myself - woo small victories! It's the furthest I've gone in one go, and previously I only just managed to squeeze 2k into the 20 minutes!

I managed to run solidly for 1k again, and could have probably gone further but I developed a blister around the 16 minute mark :( so tonight I'm gonna stick to the pool and let it heal up and then give it another shot tomorrow!

I never thought I'd say this...but I love the treadmill! haha!

Hope you all have a lovely day :)

MoniqueMclean
05-15-2013, 10:38 AM
:carrot::carrot:haha preciousmissy and I cant wait for all of you to join me:carrot::carrot::carrot: Your rock girl and no I don't take offence!!:dizzy:

Congrats to all the accomplishments this week either little or big it's a BIG accomplishment in the RIGHT direction and we all need to know that .. I don't know but there is fire lit under my but and I am really giving thanks cause I haven't felt this good in a long time..:carrot:

Just got done my 5k power walk feel good man !

PreciousMissy
05-15-2013, 10:59 AM
:carrot::carrot:haha preciousmissy and I cant wait for all of you to join me:carrot::carrot::carrot: Your rock girl and no I don't take offence!!:dizzy:

Wasn't me (it was purplekitten)...but it was so funny I'll go ahead and take the credit :lol:

purplekitten and moniquemclean, you two are rocking the exercise! Bravo!!!!

I am back down to 222 today. I did manage to make it through yesterday without one sugary treat! I didn't think about sugar at all yesterday! I use to be a major sugar "junkie". I had a daily M&M's habit, haha.

Giving up sugar wasn't easy. I have to be honest, when I typed out that I had sugar three days in a row there was a part of me that worried it would become a regular habit again. I reminded myself that I did pretty good because each day I had a normal sized portion, and only ate it once per day. I also reminded myself that I don't need anything else with sugar in it for a while, I had enough. Nothing is ever off limits as long as it's in moderation.

Support and accountability...that's why I love this site (and thread ;) ).

MoniqueMclean
05-15-2013, 11:26 AM
omg lol wat a A** I am lol ... purplekitten purplekitten your probably like did you lick ur head while out walking.. I think my endorphins were running at high mode.. on a more down to hearth note.. I was just thinking as I have been so overweight I haven't been taking care of myself , I don't buy clothes geese I think I stick to clothes that serve me stretch pants and old shirts from 10 years ago t shirts and what have you.. God even bras are sports bras .. can I tell you a secret haha.. underwear and me aren't friends either my belly is so fat that they all roll down lol omg I cant believe I just said that hope u all got a laugh .. and bras with wire make my belly pop out more .. gosh I was looking at myself and being overweight and depressed has taken its toll on me I have really let myself go ...

well I aint gunna let that bring me down I am working on changing that .. that's right I wanna wear underware that doesn't roll down .. woooot!

purplekitten7
05-16-2013, 03:23 AM
haha, that's ok MoniqueMclean - I don't mind :p most of the time I have to re-read everything loads or I get stuff mixed up too!

And I know what you mean about the underwear, I have to be careful what styles I buy or they roll down! I want to wear sexy underwear and not have to keep re-arranging them - it's not such a good look!

Well done PreciousMissy - you control the sugar, the sugar does not control you!

In other news - I have a date tonight eeeeeek. I think I've forgotten how to date...no scrap that, I don't think I've ever known how to date! I've never really been on a first date, it's always been a group meeting and then hanging out turning into dating. I've just come out of a 3 year relationship too so I'm totally freaking out! ahhhhhh *runs around flailing*
The guy is older than me, and I know him from work (I see him for work but we don't actually work in the same office or anything like that), we've been flirting subtly by text and we always have a laugh on the phone and he's asked me to go for a drink after work. Advice/help/encouragement/anything!?!

MoniqueMclean
05-16-2013, 08:43 AM
lol purple kitten you rock it girl...I hope you have fun with ur new guy.. lol just be ur self as best as you can.. keep it 100 with him....and im sure things will go good..

so good news guys 219.9 today its official im outta here.. but hey not really ill still chat it up here lol ...I reached my weekly goal just barely lol lucky girl I am

bSpring3
05-16-2013, 10:08 AM
MoniqueMcLean -- you're human, don't beat yourself up. You can't expect to never want to eat something that you think you shouldn't. The important part is to just realize it's in the past and move forward.

After bouncing up and down in the 220's, I'm back on the down slide. Was 222 this morning at the gym. Nothing against y'all, but I'm hoping I can finally leave this group soon.

I'm struggling with lunches. I got moved to a new office -- as in brand new. There's nothing here but me. I'm trying to eat low carb, so prefer to not bring a sandwich. I haven't got a fridge or microwave. I'm also on a pretty restricted budget as the new office means a lot of new costs/no change in pay. Today I brought in something that I cooked last night -- spaghetti squash w/mushrooms and chicken italian sausage in pasta sauce. (My no-spaghetti spaghetti.) So, it's a cold -- or lukewarm, as the case may be -- lunch. But better than hitting one of the few restaurants in the area.

eta...purplekitten7 -- I hope the date's great fun for you. Enjoy!

2muchbelly
05-16-2013, 10:47 AM
morning all. weighed in at 235 today!
so happy! haven't been in the 230s for over 10 years. can't wait to be out of here.. lol

cincorn
05-16-2013, 10:50 AM
I haven't been feeling well so I haven't been on the board much, but good grief I'm so sick of my weight bouncing around all over the place! I lost a lot of weight in 2 weeks on Atkins (11 lb.s) but in 4 additional weeks only 3.4 more. Believe me I can hardly eat and have been eating around 800 cal. a day, 20 carbs or so. (I can hardly MAKE myself eat anything!) I guess the 11 lbs in 2 weeks was the abnormal thing, not the 3.4 in 4 weeks. I'm beginning to feel a little better, and I joined a gym yesterday, now I just have to get the energy to go there and do a workout LOL! I'm going to my Cardiologist next tuesday to have him access the hypertension, tachycardia,and fatigue I've been having. My regular doctor put me on HCTZ (a diuretic) for hypertension and I felt AWFUL on these. I'm off of them for 4 days now and feeling better, but still not great. My weight today 233.6, up from 233.0 yesterday. I was down to 231 after taking those pills but it wasn't worth it!!! I hope you all have a great day!

purplekitten7
05-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks girlies, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow! Hope you're all fantastic!

mnemosyne
05-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Enjoy your date purplekitten - I'm sure you will have a great time!

bSpring3 - I am not a low-carb person, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt, but in the summertime my go-to lunch is a lentil and/or bean salad with loads of fresh veggies, and an easy citrus based dressing and some herbs. Something I can make on the weekend and bring in all week. Tastes good cool and doesn't really require refridgeration, or you can bring an ice pack.

You could perhaps do something like that with meat? Like tuna or chicken salad. I have a great tuna salad recipe that replaces lots of the mayo with cottage cheese. Add in salad / raw vegetables and you have lunch. Or alternative: a low-carb whole-grain wrap of some sort? Good luck coming up with new ideas!

SuperHeroTeacher
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm at 235.2 today. It's been a pretty slow loss week for me, but I'm just happy I haven't crashed and gone off plan after the week I've had. I tell you, eighth grade parents get wacky the last few weeks of school...

And yesterday my AP, whom I ADORE, accepted a principal position in a neighboring district. It was only a matter of time, because he's awesome, but I just wasn't mentally ready for it.

On a good note, my BFF & her fam are at disneyland this weekend so I'm house and doggie sitting. Sitting poolside, enjoying the solitude and surfing 3FC. Life is good... :beach:

MoniqueMclean
05-16-2013, 09:21 PM
[B]superheroteacher [/B I know how it feels to loose a very dear co-worker or boss I work for the military it sucks!! hopefully you will feel normality again. but cudos for staying on track.. your a school teacher huh? I feel like one now for the amount of homework my girls have tonight yikes!!!

well ladies where is everyone why r u all so quiet? long weekend here in Canada PARTY!!! I MAY INDULGE THIS WEEKEND BEEEEEERRRR!

cincorn
05-17-2013, 07:39 AM
:dizzy:OMG! I'm gaining .5 to 1 lb. a day and I am barely eating 800-900 cal. a day! 20-25 carbs. It's fluid I know...coming back on after stop taking those diuretics the doctor prescribed for hypertension. I've gained a pound over night! Here is what I ate yesterday. breakfast-nothing, lunch- 1 low carb tortilla (60 cal. 3 net carb), 1/2 avocado seasoned with garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper. snack-1 serving low carb cookies and coffee (140 cal./3 carb), and supper chicken breast with mushrooms, swiss cheese, 2 slice of avocado. I ate only half of that and saved the other half for lunch today. I did drink diet soda and may not have drank the water I should have. The day before was same story; little food with low calorie/carb count and gained half a pound. I lost like 11 lb.s in 2 weeks on atkins but only 3 more in 4 weeks. I just don't know.:?: I'm not going to quit but I am discouraged.:stress: Since I'm feeling better after being off that dreadful medicine, I'm going to go work out today. I'll be sure and drink my water today. It's weird but I feel that I'm in ketosis (though I don't have anything to check with) and should be losing fat. I have the horrible breath and taste in my mouth that you get in ketosis.

cincorn
05-17-2013, 07:51 AM
bspring3 - I'm doing low carb too and lunch for me is usually a chopped salad (until I get just soooo sick of it--which I have lately) I alternate the protein in the salad and even the veggies. I like to make a big salad ahead to last several days. But sometimes you do need a change, I agree, and that's a tough one since you aren't somewhere with a kitchen and a way to cook. Oh, almost forgot. You can make your "sandwich" and put the filling in romaine lettuce and roll up. I like to do that sometimes. I also like to do stir-fry a lot. My garden has finally produced enough yellow squash that I'll be eating that today for sure! I'm on my own, hubby going to a function tonight that I bowed out of. I'm still not comfortable socializing with a bunch of people and having them see how awful I look.

MoniqueMclean
05-17-2013, 08:44 AM
CINCORN ooh geese how frustrating don't loose hope.. go out out day and exercise it will boost your endorphins and make you feel good.. Take it one day at a time you can do I.. I totally get the boredom with salad it sucks after awhile.. do you like melba toast ?? you should try that for snacking 2 long squares with low fat cream cheese and tomatoes on it with some salt n pepper mmmm delicious.. I do that when craving bread it helps a lot !! oh I am not by any means telling you what to do but do you like oatmeal?? I really recommend it for breakfasts it it fills you up and is so good for you and has a lot of the daily amount of fiber it help all the way around if you ask me .. hope you start feeling a lil more optimistic today

So I am going on a 5k walk today I got no energy the last few days have been so hectic and sleep is nil in void but I am still going to go fresh air thrills me I tell yah I just love it...

purplekitten I know right the things we woman get all finicky about ..lol

Hope you ladies are ALL having a fantabulous day !!

SuperHeroTeacher
05-17-2013, 08:03 PM
232.8 today!!! Happy Friday to me. I'm off to chaperone the 8th grade dance. Arms length apart people, arms length apart! ;)

PreciousMissy
05-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Arms length apart people, arms length apart!

That just made my day! Thanks!

Great job on the loss Monique!

Sorry for the lack of other personals. I'm trying to reply from a phone app lol.

I've been away the last two days and haven't weighed myself so I have no idea what my weight is. Hopefully it will be the same or less when I get home! I don't have any control over the food that's cooked but I do have control over what I put in my mouth!

Have a great day everyone!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

merilung
05-18-2013, 01:57 PM
purplekitten7 - any updates on your date?

I've been bouncing all over the place weight wise, but I'm at a new low today - 234.4! I'd really like to be out of the 230's by the end of May.

SuperHeroTeacher
05-18-2013, 08:34 PM
232.4 today! I was afraid I was going to start inching back up today after my big loss yesterday. Nope, -0.4 more. Does anyone else feel a rush when the scale shows a drop?

purplekitten7
05-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Hello girlies, sorry for being absent!

The date went ok, we had a laugh and made some vague plans to meet up next week. I'm trying to not to worry about it too much - if nothing else happens then at least it was a nice evening and I put myself back out there and nothing terrible happened!

My scale is a bit stubborn this week, but I haven't been completely strict with my food (or alcohol) and I haven't been to the gym as much as I should have - oops.

Quick question, I have a salted popcorn craving...anyone know any alternatives that I could try out so I don't swamp my body with the icky sodium?!

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

2muchbelly
05-19-2013, 09:25 AM
233.0 woot!
about to hit the gym after I get off the computer.
so close to the 220s- I can smell it.

PreciousMissy
05-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Quick question, I have a salted popcorn craving...anyone know any alternatives that I could try out so I don't swamp my body with the icky sodium?!

Glad to hear you dating experience went well!

Honestly, I say have the salty popcorn. If you body is craving sodium nothing else will make it happy and you run the risk of overeating something else trying to get satisfied. The bloat from sodium will only last a couple of days.

Speaking of bloaty....today is the last day of my getaway and man do I feel swollen!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to going home and getting back to my regular food!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

purplekitten7
05-19-2013, 02:05 PM
PreciousMissy - I took your advice, small bowl of salted popcorn and I no longer feel tempted to eat EVERYTHING else haha.

SuperHeroTeacher
05-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Up today - 233.2. Thank you TOM...

jammy255
05-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi all, I took a break for a few months, but I'm back on my diet again. I took a few months off but worked out a couple times a week. I stepped on the scale Friday, and it read 236lbs, I was sooo happy, as I was sure I had regained from my initial lost from 285-230, 6lbs. Was it!

I just want to say hi and encourage everyone to keep Going!!! Cuz that 2 or 3 times in the gym, really saved my weight loss, When my diet went out the window!
EVERY Little Bit You do, Helps!!!

bSpring3
05-20-2013, 03:27 AM
mnemosyne and cincorn -- thanks for the lunch thoughts. They're much appreciated.

purplekitten7
05-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Welcome back jammy255!

My scale is stubborn, I dislike my scale! Actually, thats not entirely true - my scale is honest - I dislike my lack of exercise last week!

I am currently embracing a new start, its the first time I've ever tried to re-invent myself after a break up and its quite nice! The weightloss has been ongoing so thats not new, BUT I really like the idea of now doing something just for me - to give something back to myself.

- I got my hair done at the weekend - finally had the guts to go curly and I really like it :)
- I'm also fixing all the broken stuff in my house, and buying those bookcases I've been harping on about for 6 months!
- I've started growing herbs and some veggies, which gives me something to keep myself busy with in the evenings. Plus soon I'll get to eat some nice healthy meals from my garden!
- I have my driving test on Wednesday and get my car on Friday so hopefully I'll be driving by this time next week.

I am embracing a positive attitude...in theory. Sorry for boring you all with all that but I need to say it outloud because I need some convincing today! And who else would I say it outloud to?!?!

cincorn
05-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Good morning lovely ladies! Congratulations to all of you "losers" :bravo:
I wish I was one you...sigh...I'm disappointed and frustrated yet again as I gained another pound overnight for no apparent reason. :?: I wen't shopping with my youngest daughter and walked my feet off trying to keep up with her! We did eat out at PeiWei and I had a cup of hot/sour soup and 2 thai spring salad rolls. I looked up the calorie count on line and got about 400 calories. That was my first meal of the day. I had a slice of swiss cheese and 3 olives for a snack. For supper I had the other half of my chopped salad from subway that I had saved from supper the night before. I did drink another Michelob Ulta, 95 cal and 2.6 carb. I just don't get it???:dunno: Is it the beer? I've been having one on saturday night and one on sunday, that's it.
However, I AM going to the gym today!:tread:
I'm going to the Cardiologist tomorrow and having some tests; have had symptoms of fatigue, tachycardia and hypertension. Took myself OFF the medication my primary physician had me on because I was unable to function on them. It was HCTZ, a diuretic, which I am sure is why I've gained weight this last couple of weeks. I'm having an echocardiagram, EKG, then seeing the doctor. Maybe he will put me on some medication that will help me without awful side effects!
It's getting harder to hang in there. It feels like I'm making sacrifices for no reason? :shrug: I'm not willing to give up but I'm thinking of changing my approach which has been low carb; no wheat, no sugar and I am mindful of my calories at the same time I'm keeping my carbs to 20-25 per day. I may hit 30 carbs some days WITH VEGETABLES! Sigh....... I don't know what else to do.:dunno:

PreciousMissy
05-20-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm glad you were able to satisfy your craving purplekitten!

cincorn, I hope everything goes well with the doctor! I understand about making sacrifices and not feeling like you're getting anywhere. Hopefully things turn around for you soon.

222 today!!! I managed a 4 day girls getaway without a gain! For me, that's a huge NSV! I remember going on vacation for a week once, and by the time it was over I could barely button my pants.

I'm still feeling a little bloaty, so who knows, once I get back to my regular eating I might even lose a little. Wouldn't that be nice? :)

MoniqueMclean
05-20-2013, 12:25 PM
hey ladies I know I aint in this thread anymore but I still need you guys :( ughh im getting down ...I haven't learned to take this one day at a time I pouring all my energy into weighloss and forgetting about my day to day life I need some advice mabey a smack in the face haha.. I went on my 5k walk today and now I am getting discouraged I think in my mind my huge belly is going to disappear overnight or something ... and ill wake up magically skinny and able to fit into a size 6.. ugghhh.. also I dunno what this is mabey a touch of a flu but I just don't feel like eating food tastes bad and sicks my stomache..

I know we as people are all different in how we carry our weight but I carry all of my weight in my belly its horrible ...I want to post a picture but I think I cannot cause I haven't completed my time on the forum.. I have been taking pictures as I have gone along I don't see much change yet the scale says so ... I am soo discouraged ... enjoying my life seems impossible since I am soo consumed in this weighloss thingy .. gosh I need a smack in the face man..

jammy255
05-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Pruple Kitten 7 Good for you!!, "doing it for myself" is what I want to focus on. I realized if i do more of the things I love I will be more forfilled with life, and not eat so much(im an emotional eater). I love ZUMBA, and if I hadn't kept going, I would have regained my weight and been miserable. I'm just going to focus more on me and do things that make me happy.

I stepped on the scale today 234.6!!! One day at a time:)

PreciousMissy
05-20-2013, 05:12 PM
MoniqueMclean, what you are talking about is exactly why I failed last time. I became obsessed with weight loss, and I wanted it to be fast. I gave myself date related goals (I want to lose xx pounds by xx date) Now I'm just taking it one day at a time. I'll spend weeks at a time at the same weight and I'm really ok with that. I may not be losing, but I know I'm not gaining, which in itself is a plus.

I don't feel near as much stress this time around, and for me, that's worth the slow weight loss.

Jammy255, I agree with you completely about feeling more fulfilled in life! I'm the type of person who will go out to dinner or the movies by myself if no one else wants to go. One of my favorite sayings is "Why wait for someone else? Make yourself happy?!?"

SuperHeroTeacher
05-20-2013, 06:59 PM
232.6 today. I feel like a yo-yo this week.

PreciousMissy
05-21-2013, 10:28 AM
224 today.

I'm feeling a bit down today. I've had a lot going on and it's all finally starting to just pile on. I think I need a hug.

nitrus29
05-21-2013, 10:41 AM
234 today. Had a major whoosh over the weekend (even though I did not hit the gym all weekend :?:) waiting to crawl into the 220s. End of this month, maybe? :^:

fadedbluejeans
05-21-2013, 11:36 AM
224 today.

I'm feeling a bit down today. I've had a lot going on and it's all finally starting to just pile on. I think I need a hug.

:hug::hug:
I was just stopping by to see what I have to look forward to (244 today) and I saw your post :)

PreciousMissy
05-21-2013, 12:27 PM
:hug::hug:
I was just stopping by to see what I have to look forward to (244 today) and I saw your post :)

Thanks fadedbluejeans! That means a lot...and what a horrible first impression I've made...you drop in for a visit and the first thing you see is someone whining :p. Please, come join us soon...just make sure you don't stay too long, :lol:.

Again, thanks for the hug!!!

elvislover324
05-21-2013, 12:31 PM
224 today.

I shouldn't admit that I lurk in so many threads but I will for this chicky!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You are always so supportive and helpful on so many threads, you deserve all the hugs in the world. I'm sorry you are having a tough day.

PreciousMissy
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
I shouldn't admit that I lurk in so many threads but I will for this chicky!

You are always so supportive and helpful on so many threads, you deserve all the hugs in the world. I'm sorry you are having a tough day.

:hug: thanks for breaking your silence Elvis! I appreciate the hugs and feel the love.

This too shall pass :)

PreciousMissy
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
224 today. I'm not surprised, I ate a lot of salty food yesterday. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one thing that I ate that wasn't extremely high in sodium.

Today is cake day at work and I have no desire to eat it! I guess it's a good thing I had my emotional eating day yesterday rather than on cake day. That could have been disastrous :lol:.

The great thing about cake day is it means a trip to Costco! They have the best (and cheapest) asparagus! Since I don't go that often the asparagus is like a special treat! They also have really good rotisserie chicken. I think I just figured out what's for dinner, chicken and grilled asparagus...yummo!

tdesrocher
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey ladies (and gents) any extra advice the scale is moving super slow been in the 230"s since march..233 this am (237 on march 9) 12-1300 kcals a day, 5 cardio days 1 hr a piece 2 strength days a week. tons of water...I am not even losing a lb a week average..I added some jogging in and the second strength class in the last two week..all workouts are high intensity ( ie cardio kickboxing, step aerobics and jogging) Thoughts and suggestions welcome

jammy255
05-22-2013, 03:30 PM
tdesrocher

You may not be getting enough calories. This happened to me I ate 1200 cal a day and did ZUMBA with 2lb weights on each arm 5 days a week. I Lost at first but then stop. Why? Cuz 1200cals- 500 burned in ZUMBA = 700cals. ( sometimes less). I was starving myself and didn't know it!! Try adding a some low carb calories, and see if it helps

jammy255
05-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Just left the gym, very happy 232lbs, I really hope it's not just water weight , but whatever if it is, my pants are not tight like they were last week;)

cincorn
05-23-2013, 05:16 AM
:fr:Ugh! Insomnia! I am wearing a 24 hr. Holter heart monitor and the tape is killing me! It's itching and taking everything I have not to rip it off. 3 more hours and I can take it off!

I'm stuck at 234 at what seems like FOREVER! Didn't weigh this morning yet. It's 4:00 am maybe too early? Oh wait, can't.....stupid monitor! I'll have to wait until I can take it off.

I feel sorry for you other slow losers. It's taken me 8 weeks to lose 13.5 lb.s., and I lost 11 of that in the first 2 weeks! I stay with-in 800-1300 cal. and 20-30 carbs per day. So I'm also a member of the slow loser club!:(

I am missing exercise and I'm sure that's a key ingredient. I did join a gym and begin working out but on the 3rd work out, just as I reached 20 min. on the treadmill at 3mph, I had sharp chest pains....which started my odyssey into cardiac testing. So far I've had EKG and Echocardiagram which were okay except for tachycardia , but nurse called me on my cholesterol and said the doctor wants me on statins because it's high. Now I'm wearing the 24 hr. monitor and next thursday I go for stress test and carotid ultrasound to check for blockage. I think he's just being thorough. It's weird though, that my blood pressure was high for months, even at my family physician's office, but at the Cardiologist's office it was okay! I bought a BP monitor and it's been okay for the past few days...weird..good but weird. I've had issues with tachycardia since I'm in my 30's and I could feel palpatations but had no other symptoms. However now, fatigue, exercise intolerance and chest pains are symptoms I have that can be attributed possibly to the tachycardia, plus it's worse, resting heart rate is between 110-130. I feel sure I'll be on beta blockers too after all the testing. I'm hoping and praying there's no blockage!
I'll check back later after I've weighed in and post results. Hugs to all!:hug:

cincorn
05-23-2013, 05:18 AM
PreciousMissy- a GREAT BIG :hug: , and good on you for having a plan to resist that cake!

cincorn
05-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Scales finally budged! 233# this morning!:D
The next big temptation for me will be this weekend. We will be camping at the lake and that always means drinking beer! I have been having 1 low carb beer on saturday and occasionally 1 on sunday too. It's not the food I worry about...it's the beer! (I know...my priorities are messed up!):devil:

PreciousMissy
05-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Yay cincorn for scale movement!!!! I'll be hoping and praying there's no blockage, too.

The scale seems to be moving the wrong direction for me...224 again today. I know I haven't been overeating, but again, I had a sodium filled day yesterday. Wonton soup and corned beef...so yummy, but sooooo salty!

Couple that with higher than usual stress, and lack of appropriate sleep...+2lb is the result.

I am trying to accept the issues that are causing me stress and realize that I have done everything in my power to make it work...things will turn out as they are meant to turn out, there's nothing more I can do. Coming to that realization has actually helped relieve some of the pressure I was feeling.

The other thing is my sleep. Last night I made some adjustments in that department and I woke up feeling refreshed this morning :D.

I plan on hitting the yard work hard this weekend and am looking forward to some good outdoor time!

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!

cincorn
05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes, I've been in the stalled out, yo-yo, scales moving in the wrong direction mode for a solid month! FINALLY, FINALLY, the scales decided to move downward again. I was getting very discouraged...this morning 231.4. I haven't been able to work out..I'm going to wait until I'm done with all my cardiac testing. 220's here I come! :coffee:

I hope you wonderful ladies have a great day. :grouphug:

PreciousMissy
05-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning all!

222 this morning! I cut back on the sodium yesterday and seriously flushed my system out. Looks like it worked!

Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!

charliee
05-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Woot PreciousMissy, can't wait to see you in the next thread!!

Keep it up peeps, I think a few people will be chasing after Elvis into the next thread soon, and I get lonely easily. :)

terichelle
05-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Just stopping by to say hi! Currently weighing in at 237.5, so I'm moving down from the 240's thread.

Em Coconut
05-26-2013, 03:37 PM
I've stalled again. It's my own fault, really. Have been so hungry recently and have eaten close to maintenance calories some days, and I have also not been drinking nearly enough water. Loosening up now, summer is here! That's a good thing as the heat really takes down my appetite a few notches, and it makes me thirsty for water.

akelly728
05-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Happy Sunday everyone! I have not checked in for about 2.5 weeks. I was hospitalized and have been going through some crazy health issues (allergic reactions, nausea and then had a colonscopy)- not fun, but I'm feeling better! I was 231 right before the procedure due to all the cleansing and very little cals I was eating. I'm now at 235 which is 10 pounds gone- and I'm ready to continue losing!

opheliaphoenix
05-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone...after a tough time plateauing in the 240s, I am finally down into the 230s! I hit 239 a couple days ago and weighed in at 238.2 today. :wave:

The last time I was losing a lot of weight, the 230s were a tough decade for me, but I'm hoping my body will make it up to me after making me stall so much in the 240s instead, and let me move through this decade quickly. I wish this was a single decade thread that I could burn through, but I'm still looking forward to moving through the 30s and then down and out of the 220s, as well. The lightest I was able to get when I first came to 3FC was 224 back in 2011, but then I ended up going off track due to life and circumstances and gained it all back and then some. So, more than any other thread, I am looking forward to moving out of this one! Glad to be finally be here again to give it my best this time around! :yes:

SeeMyFeet
05-26-2013, 06:23 PM
I know feelings come and go...but I'm not shaking this off well....so I thought I would post a whine, in hopes of receiving comments that might help me feel more supported (the support=success equation). I don't like whining, and am not sure where to go with this, so I thought I would come here because we're all the same weight.

Why the bad feelings? Stress at work--mean people, bullies, lazy people. Teenage DS stress. A FIVE MONTH "plateau". My own insecurities.

At this second, i'm re-bothered by something I learned a few weeks ago and thought I had gotten over. Part of my "new birthday" resolutions was to improve my social life. I formed a lunch group with two other working moms! We were introduced to each other through kids' activities. Professional, intelligent women. Enjoying the company of one another. It takes a bit of doing to get together as we do not work close together, and we've only met 3,4 times. Still, I was feeling a bit proud that I could arrange this....Until I learned that they were having lunches without me...I know...free country and all...but even now I feel socked in the gut about it. There were signs...bits of conversation where I was obviously excluded (complimenting appearance/clothing, their vegetarianism, etc--what? is it too far-fetched to think I might be a vegetarian?). Mind you, these are Nice Ladies. I feel like I failed in my attempts to make friends, and, frankly, I feel betrayed. And I know I shouldn't feel that way...high school was a LONG time ago. (So why am I crying now?)

Honestly, fitting-in and feeling more confident was a big reason to start this journey, but I've barely moved away from the station. I knew that the first half of this year would be stressful, but I thought I could pull off some weight loss during this time. Not having success in this area is really pulling me down. I enjoy reading the success stories here...I'm not a jealous person, and the stories give me hope...but, even here, I get that "not fitting in" feeling.

I have not given up my healthy routines. I know I need to add on some more--like more exercises. I just need to find a way to beat this stress, and give myself a major butt-kick.

Today is Sunday...a good starting-over day for me. I will spend the rest of the day selfishly thinking about myself and how I can keep up with you guys. I do hope this is my last whine.

cincorn
05-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Seemyfeet: I'm sorry you were treated poorly by those ladies! They aren't really worth your tears, and man you've already accomplished a lot by losing 24 lbs. Don't let them get to you but don't stop being friendly and open either. Maybe you just need to meet some people who have more in common with you. If they want to be exclusive instead of inclusive--their loss. Most of us here have emotional issues we don't deal with well---that's why we are overweight/obese, from eating our feelings, hurts and disappointments. You are welcome here! We are all in the same boat! Here's a hug just for you!:hug: I finally am at a place where I'm not going to let toxic people (including my own daughter---you have no idea how painful this journey has been) rule my life, my emotions and my mental state. I'm going to enjoy the people who want to be in my life. Find people who enjoy being with you and don't worry about those that don't!

Opheliaphoenix: Wow! You've lost a lot of weight already! Congratulations and welcome! I'm sure most of us want to be here a while for support and move on quickly!!! Here's to that happening for all of us!:cheers:

akelly728: I hope you are feeling better soon!:getwell:

I had a fantastic memorial day, camping with husband, some friends of ours, our youngest daughter and 3 grandkids too. I had no problem staying on track as far as food went but I had a total of 7 low carb beers that I may pay for tomorrow when I get on the scales!!! :devil: But the oldest daughter, the one who has borderline personality disorder, texted her daddy and tried to stir up trouble between us again. If you haven't read my posts before I won't go into details, but this daughter has been a source of constant stress, disappointment, sadness, and heartbreak for us. It had me tied up in knots for awhile but I did some meditation and some positive talk and finally got back to a good emotional state for the rest of the weekend.

Also, :welcome: to terichell the others who have joined this thread on their way down the scales!!! Group hug!:grouphug:

SeeMyFeet
05-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words and hugs Cincorn. I let that situation, and others, get to me too much. Seems like every time I make the extra effort, stick my neck out, I just get it chopped off. But I'm not retreating back into my shell, and neither should any of you other kind, non-judgemental people. Let's show the world how to BE!

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your daughter. When I was a young girl, I remember how a neighbor sighed when she said "No one can break your heart like your own child." That seemed unimaginably strange, but of course I get it now. Your daughter needs you, whether she realizes it or not. I know you won't give up.

I've spent the morning on self-reflection and goal setting (and reading 3fc!). Putting my big girl panties on, rolling up my sleeves, and preparing to spend the day pummeling my fat cells, getting organized, figuring out ways to be more efficient, grateful, and happy. Today I will use a carnival strongman mallet to SMASH that RE-SET button. Ding!

I WILL do this!

SuperHeroTeacher
05-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Happy to be back home to my scale after a great weekend away! Feared that I may have kicked myself out of Ketosis yesterday, but my weight this afternoon is the same that it was Friday morning, so I think I'm still burning fat (despite the 3 vodka tonics I enjoyed last night :o).

purplekitten7
05-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Hello everyone,

I've had a week or so AFK because I actually gained a social life - I've been trying to catch up with friends and do different things which is great except I totally avoided the gym and I feel pretty bad about that :( I kept relatively on track with my food and have dropped 2lbs so I'm obviously still on the right path but I might need to try harder to balance social life/gym!

I woke up this morning with a stonking cold so I think the gym is off for tonight too :( Home, a bowl of soup and an early night for me I think!

In general, I am feeling happier than I have been for a while although I still have down days.

Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday x

SeeMyFeet
05-28-2013, 10:12 AM
ok I actually had to look up "AFK"!!! haha I haven't had enough coffee yet!

Sorry for your "stonking" cold Ms. Purplekitten7. Any good excuse to enjoy the pillow and blankies! I could use some more sleep myself. Feel better!

Scale jumped up a bit today. :( Did my squats. Must. Do. More. Exercises.

just checking in....trying to get on a better track.....

....ok ladies.....I have GOT to get out of this thread...I have GOT to see some lower numbers on that scale....:tantrum:

PreciousMissy
05-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Good morning all! Boy did I miss a lot while I was AFK ;).

224 this morning :?:. I know I didn't overeat, and I know I didn't have sodium heavy meals. The only other thing I can think of is TOM, but it's rare I gain water weight during (at least lately) :shrug: I have no clue what's going on. I've been bouncing between 222 and 224 for almost 2 months.

cincorn
05-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Oh PreciousMissy, you sound just like me! My weight bounced up and down a pound or two for about 5 weeks before they FINALLY started going down again! Don't give up, even though I know it's frustrating...you'll break through.

I have been doing atkins now for 9 weeks and 10-15 years ago that would have meant at LEAST a 30 lb. loss....now however it's 16...I'm not complaining, just stating that post-menopause and a lifetime of yo-yo dieting have taken their toll! It's just going to take longer...I've got nothing but time!;)

Sorry about your cold Purplekitten...that always makes me WANT to eat more for some reason...like it will make me feel better I guess. I don't know if there is a product called cold-eze in UK or not but if I take it as soon as the cold hits it cuts the symptoms and time sick by a lot. Take care!

PreciousMissy
05-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Oh PreciousMissy, you sound just like me! My weight bounced up and down a pound or two for about 5 weeks before they FINALLY started going down again! Don't give up, even though I know it's frustrating...you'll break through.

Sorry about your cold Purplekitten...that always makes me WANT to eat more for some reason...like it will make me feel better I guess. I don't know if there is a product called cold-eze in UK or not but if I take it as soon as the cold hits it cuts the symptoms and time sick by a lot. Take care!

Thanks for the words of encouragement cincorn! They're appreciated more than you know! :hug:

Also, I agree about cold-eze. A pharmacist once told me that taking zinc within the first few days of a cold will help shorten it.

SuperHeroTeacher
05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Woke up to a delightful 229.8 on the scale this morning!!!

opheliaphoenix
05-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Quick update to say my weigh-in was 237.0 today.

cincorn: Thanks! And, of course...I'm hoping we can all have a mass exodus out of this thread together! :running: Haha.

purplekitten: Feel better soon! :hug:

SuperHeroTeacher: Glad you enjoyed your weekend away, and congrats on the wonderful weigh-in to celebrate your return! :yay:

nitrus29
05-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Woke up to a delightful 229.8 on the scale this morning!!!

I can only imagine the feeling!! Good Job!!

I had the most wonderful weekend WITHOUT ANY exercise :( except for a 2.5 mile hike in the Smoky mountains on Saturday :D
I thought I'd slump but I woke up to a 232 this morning :carrot:
Hoping this month ends with me out of the 230s and into the 220s !!
*fingers crossed & looking forward to kicking it in the gym tonight*

modifyeddoll87
05-29-2013, 12:51 AM
im firmly in the 30's now .... i cant wait to be in the 20's !! ... will try to post my weigh ins here evrey so often to help keep me accountable!!

cincorn
05-29-2013, 07:20 AM
:welcome3: to the thread Modify, and good morning to all you lovely ladies! :sunny:

I've got a busy day today but wanted to drop by and post my weight this morning. I'm at 230.4. :woohoo:

I'll be running errands all day, including a visit to a friend in the hospital. It will be a rush to get back to get grandkids off the school bus.

Tomorrow I have cardiac testing, then have to make beans for a "party" at my daughter's house for 2 kids "graduating" from pre-k, and then attend the party.

Friday, is the last day of school and early release and I'll be getting 5 grandsons, ages 13, 9, 6, 5, and another 5 yr old to take to the movie theater to see Epic.

Saturday- going out of town to see oldest 2 grandsons play in baseball tournaments.

Sunday-get everything ready and....

Monday - VEGAS BABY! :woo:

PreciousMissy
05-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Oh my goodness cincorn...I'm exhausted reading about your week *whew*. I hope your testing goes well tomorrow! Where are you staying in Vegas? I was there over Thanksgiving last year and had a blast! I'm hoping to go over Christmas this year. My BF and I alternate families during the holidays, and spending holidays with just each other. Oh, and great job on the weigh in, go you!

I don't get it, but I'll take it. 220 this morning!!!

The scale finally moved past 222! Plus, this is also means my first 20lb are gone, and I'm only 1lb away from the 2-teens!

The only things that have changed in the last 24 hours is that 90% of my stress is gone (the last two weeks were rough!), and I finally got a really good nights sleep last night. I've heard both of those things can affect the scale...who knows, it might really be true.

modifyeddoll87
05-29-2013, 01:58 PM
wow congrats cincorn ! your almost in the 220's!!

busy week indeed , have fun in vegas ... btw grandchildren? i wouldent have guessed it you look to be in your 30's!

pressious missy 220 ??? ughh i cant wait to be there .... well i hope the woosh fairy visits you and you can move on into the 2 teens thread !

SeeMyFeet
05-29-2013, 11:38 PM
This is truly the Revolving Door Thread!

Thought about your Vegas trip while stepping on the scales this morn' Cincorn. "Gimme a 2! Gimme a 2! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!" Best of Luck with the drs. Ugh...I know I need to make an appt myself.....feeling too tired and lethargic all the time....vitamins and iron help a bit, but not enough.....

Way to go on the wt loss everyone! And to getting into this thread! And moving on...sniff...sniff...

1lb down this morning....feeling heavy tonight for some reason....wish I could poop....

Weight Loss Fact of the Day: Big Changes are required to create Big Weight Loss......hear that, SeeMyFeet?!?!?!?

modifyeddoll87
05-30-2013, 02:13 AM
ugh i had an emotional break down i ate an entire box of cereal tonight im praying i dont have to pack it up and go back to the 240's in the AM will report back tom. :( omg whyyyyyy

Selina Kyle
05-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Ugh, I put on 6lbs in the last two weeks. I was so proud when I saw 219 on the scale and I'm so mad at myself that I've let my weight creep back up to 225. :(

I've been dealing with some serious, ongoing stress and anxiety issues. I'm an emotional eater so the impulse to soothe or distract myself with food is always there. On Wednesday I snapped and decided I'd had enough of this horrible yo-yo-ing. I went online and ordered a VLCD kit and started on the plan today. I'm replacing breakfast and lunch with an Optislim shake and eating some lean protein and salad greens for dinner. I'm going to do it for a week, possibly two and then go back to a normal healthy diet. So I'm not really doing the VLCD "full time", but rather "part-time" to try and reset my palate and appetite.

I feel like if I can give myself a good kick start to my weight loss by doing this for a few weeks, I can take the panic I feel out of having to make the "correct choice" at every meal. That's really the thing that trips me up the most - the all or nothing thinking - and it only happens for the first few weeks of losing weight.

SeeMyFeet
05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a great plan SelinaKyle! Even with your recent gain, you're almost out of this thread! Next time you reach into the cupboard off-plan, come here to vent.

I'm down 1lb again. Still struggling to reach my ticker wt. I've been losing this same 5lb over and over and over again. When I see the 20s again.....boy!......will that be One! Happy! Day!

Planned out meals today. Brought (grocery store) sushi for lunch. Those ricey carbs are not the best for me, but I can stretch out the calories as lunch/couple of snacks. Not so heavy that way.

I WILL have a good day.

PreciousMissy
05-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Seemyfeet, WE will have a good day! I'm with you! On point all day! No deviation! We got this!

modifyeddoll87, thanks for the fairy wishes, but she doesn't know where I live or what I look like. She's only been by once before, but I'll set out a plate of carrots and celery for her just in case ;). And IMO I don't think you should move out of this thread because of a temporary scale fluctuation...that's a lot of packing and moving for nothing.

Selina Kyle, way to go! You saw an issue and took action before gaining back even more weight!

Well, I'm back to my old self it seems! I woke up this morning feeling like I could conquer the world! I was in a depressed little funk, and although I recognized it, I didn't realize how much it was weighing me down the last couple of weeks.

220 today! My bags are packed and sitting by the door, but I doubt I'll see much movement for a while.

Here's a random thought. When we reach a new lower weight we're thrilled to be there, but then after a week or so with no movement the thrill is gone. Why is a particular weight our new bestest buddy, but then we grow to loath it?

nitrus29
05-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Here's a random thought. When we reach a new lower weight we're thrilled to be there, but then after a week or so with no movement the thrill is gone. Why is a particular weight our new bestest buddy, but then we grow to loath it?

hehehe :D because we only want to go lower and lower and some more.. ;)

I loved hitting 232 earlier this week and I am STILL at 232 and I don't like it anymore... :P

PreciousMissy
05-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I loved hitting 232 earlier this week

WHOO-HOO, 232!!!!

I am STILL at 232 and I don't like it anymore... :P

Awww, crap, 232.

nitrus29
05-30-2013, 12:56 PM
yuppppp you got it :rofl:

merilung
05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Great loss, SuperHeroTeacher!! Congrats on breaking in to the 220's!

Selina Kyle, like others have said, way to go on catching yourself when you did! It sounds like you have a good plan in place - keep us updated and let us know how it goes. On an off-note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your username and picture! <3

I'm in at 233.2 this morning. I would love to get out of the 230's by the end of next week.

opheliaphoenix
05-30-2013, 06:15 PM
This thread moves a lot quicker than the other decade threads so far...hard to keep up! Haha. So, instead, I'm sending out a wall of hugs of congrats and of comfort for the ups and downs I see... :hug::grouphug::hug:

As for me, I weighed-in at 235.8 today.

modifyeddoll87
05-31-2013, 02:55 AM
236 still as of thursday morning

i rescued a kitten on saturday , it passed away this afternoon , lets just say i threw calories to the wind ,

im so upset i thought i was doing what was best for the kitten it seemed to be doing better each day , and then this afternoon it ate curled up on DH's lap for a nap and just died .... we estimate she had to be about 5 weeks when we got her eyes open loud meow pooping and peeing on its own , had all teeth i dont understand i know im rambling but we fed it evrey 3 hours we kept it warm and clean gave it lts of cuddles and attention i just dont get it :(

i am a grown woman and my hubby 10 years older than me and we both cried like children, idk how kids deal with the loss of a pet , no more pets for me after my big kitty is no more .... :(

zoesmom
05-31-2013, 08:41 AM
:dance: I'M HERE! I'M HERE! I'M HERE!

:wave: HI!

cincorn
05-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Good morning lovely ladies!

I had all those cardiac tests yesterday. OMG! Don't ever, every have a cardiac PET scan! :no: After the test I felt awful! My head felt like it would explode, I was wobbly, shaky, nausea and they just sat me in a room and left me. They brought me a diet coke because they said caffeine would counteract the IV meds and I would feel better. I didn't. I started feeling worse but then they came and got me for another test. This one wasn't bad but I was still so sick. The girl said she saw a lot of people get sick like this. I was wondering how I was going to drive home...still felt so woozy and awful. I got out in the parking lot to my car, got in and turned on the ignition and then got out and started vomitting. :barf: A lady in the parking lot came over and told me I shouldn't drive and took me back inside. They then laid me down and gave me a pill, theophylline to counteract the iv meds. The anesthesiologist said did you tell them you felt this way after you got off the table? I said yes and he just shook his head. He said if they had told him he could have given me the pill immediately. Then I waited a while until the pill kicked in (luckily I kept it down!) and have no idea how I got home with a blinding headache and feeling so woozy but managed it. They should warn you how awful that test is and give you the "antidote" right away IMO!

This thread is moving FAST! Hard to keep up!:running:

Precious Missy - Wow! you are going to be out of this thread very soon. I am going to miss you!:high:
nitrus - LOL! I know what you mean, it's nice to see a lower weight--until you have to see the same weight for WEEKS! Been there!:?:
seemyfeet - I KNOW! RIGHT? The weight is coming off so slow and the scales like to go up a pound, down a pound, up a pound, down a pound. Sometimes I want to throw them out the window! I'm not sure what else I can do! But, then all of a sudden they will start to move again. I'm waiting.:(
selinakyle - don't beat yourself up over a few pounds. I'm going to Vegas next week and I KNOW I'll gain some weight. I plan on having fun while I'm there! Your back on track and those 5 lb.s will come off quickly I bet!:hug:
modify - don't beat yourself up! You did some emotional eating now your back on track. It's not a big deal unless you let it go on and on. But you aren't. :hug: thanks for the compliment! I'm 54 and I have 6 grandkids, aged 13 down to 2. The picture was taken last year when I was 53 but I weighed about 30 lb.s less than I do now....sigh.

I'm at 230.6 this morning...up slightly from 230.4 and I barely ate 600 calories yesterday because I was sooooooo sick! I was hoping to be down at least another 5 lb.s by my trip to Vegas on monday but...it is what it is.:shrug:

In case I forgot anybody, here's a big :grouphug: for all!

Everyone have a great weekend! :dust:

merilung
05-31-2013, 10:13 AM
modifyeddoll87 - So sorry about your kitten, sweets! It sounds like you guys did everything right - sometimes death just happens :(. Try to keep in mind that y'all gave the kitten a wonderful last few days. :hug:

:welcome3: to the thread zoesmom!!

cincorn - What a horrible day! I wonder if you had newer nurses, or if they were just way over-swamped and not keeping on top of things well? Either way, it's totally unacceptable that they let you leave to drive home in that condition, and shame on your doctor(s) for not preparing you for the side effects ahead of time! :hug:

I'm in at 231.6 today - we're going to Six Flags today and headed home right before I go to work in the evening, so I won't get a scheduled workout in but we should be doing a LOT of walking! Current plan is to NOT eat anything at the park and stop at STL Bread Co. (or Panera, as its called in other areas of the country!) for salads on the way home :)

PreciousMissy
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
modifyeddoll87, I'm sorry to hear about your kitten!!! To echo merilung, I don't think that kitten could have had a better last week anywhere else. :hug:

cincorn, that sounds just awful! I'm so glad the woman saw you and took you back inside. You never know what other side effects could have hit you while driving.

merilung, have a blast at Six Flags!

220 again today, looks like it's going to stick around for a while (yay and boo, haha).

A friend sent me a link to one of those group coupon deal sites for a car show on 6/22, so I've decided to torture my boyfriend *insert maniacal laugh*. I bought the voucher, put it in an envelope, and wrote "To be opened on June 20th". Tonight I'm going to put it on the fridge so he has to look at it for 3 weeks. Funny thing is, he's a patient person...I think I'll crack before he does :dizzy:.

modifyeddoll87
05-31-2013, 02:33 PM
You guys are awesome

I'm feeling a little better today

Somehow I've gotten down to 235 even as of this morning

Tmi warning I've been pretty constipated since beginning this

Vegetarian life style I've been pooping regularly for the first time ever !

My whole life I've been a one time a week two times max now it's like once a day !

PreciousMissy
05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Vegetarian life style I've been pooping regularly for the first time ever !

My whole life I've been a one time a week two times max now it's like once a day !

Yes, I just quoted a TMI post...I'm that kind of special, haha!

I have a friend who had gastrointestinal problems and her doctor suggested switching to vegan. It cleared up within weeks! Turns out she can't process any type of animal. Even beef broth throws her for a loop.

nitrus29
05-31-2013, 03:14 PM
modifyeddoll87 - I'm so sorry to hear about your kitten :( I feel your pain, mine is not even a year old n if he doesn't break something one day I panic cause I think he might be unwell:hug:

:dance: I'M HERE! I'M HERE! I'M HERE!

:wave: HI!

Heyyyyy zoesmom welcome!! :dance: Good to see you here!!! :D Hope you leave soon too !! :D ;) I feel like I've been here forever.. :dizzy: can't wait to break the 220s!!! Come on already!!:^:

SuperHeroTeacher
05-31-2013, 07:47 PM
cincorn - I'm so sorry about your horrible experience! I'm hoping all the test results are good and you don't have to go through that again!

I'm super-glad Friday is finally here! Why is it that 4/day work weeks feel so much longer than a full week??? Monday is a teacher work day (no students), and then I'm on break!!! :D

fadedbluejeans
06-01-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm peeking in the 220/230 window again....hoping to jump over by next week :-)

modifyeddoll87
06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
yesterday i had an emotional breakdown after a negative pregnancy test that i was sure was going to be positive

and so i proceeded to eat 4 slices of bread and peanut butter a slice of cheese a glass or orangeade 3 bowls of fudge ice cream and an roti with potato curry (roti is like indian flatbread ) this morning i weighed in at 234.5

im excited to be loosing weight even after eatting all this crap but im baffled ive gone weeks on a strict 1400 cal a day diet and GAINED ... wtf?

SeeMyFeet
06-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Hey cincorn....are you, or have you ever been, a redhead? Your experience sounds awful....except for the low cal part. I'm a fan of the line: "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight" in Devil Wears Prada.

ModifyModify....poor dear.....look at it this way.....you have another month (or two or three) to get a healthier body. Lawdy! I'd be emotionally distressed if the PT came back positive!!!.......You and Preciousmissy have CONVINCED me.....starting now, I'm vegetarian!

FadedBlue....had to read your post twice....missed the k in that second word.....whew!....was thinking this thread was getting a bit too 'biological'.

Howdies to all you other ladies.....Keep up the good work!

As for me....in the past 2 days, I've gained, then lost a half pound. Why? WHY??? WHY??????....worked 7 hours today and making another trip in for a few more hours.....guess that answers my question.

Ugh....I had really good success early on in this weight loss joyride. Back then, it was an all-consuming obsession. Plus, I caught a couple of colds which slowed me down, but gave me time for my new obsession. Why can't I multi-task better?

merilung
06-02-2013, 08:36 AM
yesterday i had an emotional breakdown after a negative pregnancy test that i was sure was going to be positive

and so i proceeded to eat 4 slices of bread and peanut butter a slice of cheese a glass or orangeade 3 bowls of fudge ice cream and an roti with potato curry (roti is like indian flatbread ) this morning i weighed in at 234.5

im excited to be loosing weight even after eatting all this crap but im baffled ive gone weeks on a strict 1400 cal a day diet and GAINED ... wtf?

Oh, sweetie! Big hugs for you! :hug: Since my husband and I struggle with infertility I've been there SO many times and I know it's ridiculously hard. I always felt like I'd lost something (perhaps even just the fantasy that I was finally pregnant!) when I got a negative test, and one of my friends told me to remember that a pregnancy test can only tell you what's already true, it doesn't have the power to make anything happen or take anything away. No idea if that is helpful to you at all, but after nearly six years of negative pregnancy tests, I still repeat it to myself before taking a PT!

FadedBlue....had to read your post twice....missed the k in that second word.....whew!....was thinking this thread was getting a bit too 'biological'.

LOL. This made me laugh so hard I scared the dog! :lol:

Hope everyone is having a good day today! I didn't bother to weigh in this morning - I was over cals yesterday and I'm running on four hours of sleep for the fourth day in a row, so I don't expect any losses. I really need to wrap my head around how to stay OP on days like this - sleep deprivation kills my motivation and my losses. I'll weigh in tomorrow and hope the damage isn't too bad.

cincorn
06-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Good morning lovelies! :)I finally broke through into the 220's, HA! barely, I weighed in this morning at 229.8! I looked back and I've lost 5 lb.s in the last 4 weeks. Just barely over a lb. a week. I am eating between 800-1200 calories and 20-30 carbs per day. I just don't get why the weight is coming off so slowly...but I guess that's due to a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and being post-menopausal....:dunno:I guess a lb. a week is better than nothing but man, I could not do any better than I am and I know a lot of people lose much quicker! I haven't had an appetite at all much of the last month or so.

At this rate I'll be hanging with you guys for another 8 weeks or so on this thread anyway (probably more---going to Las Vegas for 3 days tomorrow and expect to GAIN)

Modify- I'm sorry, that must be very painful for you. My youngest daughter had to take a fertility med the first time to conceive (PCOS). After having the first though she had no trouble conceiving the 2nd and 3rd time! Hang in there! Instead of eating, make an appt. for a massage. Ahhhh! I could use one right now!

:welcome3: to newbies on this thread. You will like it here. A lot of wonderful ladies here to support you on your journey.:carrot:

I'll drink a rum/diet coke for you guys while I'm in Vegas....oh, who am I kidding...I'll drink several rum&diet cokes for you guys in Vegas! :cheers:

cincorn
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Yay! Finally got my weight tracker!:carrot:

SeeMyFeet
06-02-2013, 12:44 PM
:tantrum:

Up 1.5lb today......Hubs ordered chinese food for din din....I only had a small portion on a tiny dessert plate.....somethin's gotta change, ladies.....or else I'll be a fat 80 year old lady still ranting in this thread at 3FC....think they'll offer retirement benefits?

Cincorn....please, please, please don't do any drinking on my account! You drink it and I'll gain it....

First week of June....Let's melt this fat off ladies!!!

zoesmom
06-02-2013, 04:00 PM
:wave: Thanks for the welcome! I am looking at 238.1 today, so I am happy. Looks like I am moving on down the line!

SMF - :lol: I doubt 3FC offers a retirement package. But nice try! :lol:

Kudos cincorn! A pound lost a week is no joking matter! It could be worse, at a pound gained a week. You are doing great :)

Selina Kyle
06-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Selina Kyle, It sounds like you have a good plan in place - keep us updated and let us know how it goes. On an off-note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your username and picture! <3.

Thanks so much! As for my username and picture, it's meant to inspire me to move myself towards my goals that much faster. Besides, I've always wanted to go as a superheroine for Halloween, and it's a toss-up between Catwoman and Wonder Woman as to who's the coolest. :carrot:

cincorn
06-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Good morning lovliest of ladies!

I weighed in at 229.4 today, so down 0.4 from yesterday. I actually ate more than usual yesterday, my appetite was back. I drank a low carb beer too, so I'm thrilled!

Leaving in a couple of hours to go get a spray tan and do some last minute stuff before driving to airport (3 hr. trip---I live in the boonies) for flight to Vegas this evening.

My plan for Vegas is: not so strict on the carbs but NO sugar and NO wheat! I'll indulge a little in the food, I plan on eating shrimp cocktail, steak, and a LOADED baked potato...that's right, I said a LOADED baked potato! And then of course the adult beverages. I'll stick to low carb beer or rum & diet coke. I bet ya'll think I'm a LUSH as much as I talk about drinking! But really, I just always looked forward to my 3-4 beers on the weekend and also during camping, vacations, or celebrations! I guess maybe since I'd rather have that as a splurge than food that maybe I do have an issue LOL!:o

I'll be back thursday night but I'm not planning on weighing in until next Monday to give myself a chance to get the weight I gain back off.

Okay, seemyfeet, I'll raise a glass to all of you ladies but I'll leave your name out of it LOL! I know what you mean. It's taken me 3 months to lose 19 lb.s and I lost 11 lb.s of it in the first 2 weeks!!!! So I ain't going crazy this week!:D

Vegas baby!:wave:

PreciousMissy
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Wow, it looks like there were a lot of losses over the weekend...and a few gains.

I would be one of those gains, 224 today, but I know it's water, so no biggie. It will be gone next week.

I had a super busy weekend and had an exorbitant amount of energy when I woke up yesterday. So much energy, that the first thing I did when I got up was go for a walk. It felt great!

My boyfriend broke his rib a about 3 weeks ago so I've had to pick up the slack on the yard work. Let me tell you, mowing the yard blows! haha! Although, I guess I could consider it a core work out because I have sore muscles that I didn't know existed when I'm finished.

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!

nitrus29
06-03-2013, 12:40 PM
so I used to weigh myself end of the week on fridays.. but for June I thought I'd switch up and weigh myself on Mondays (given weekends can be a bit of slump)
and tadaaaaaaaaa... weighed in at 230.2 today :carrot:
220s here I come :D

SeeMyFeet
06-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Well...in the past 2 days....up 1.5 lb...Down 1.5 lb....still at 234....no net gain nor loss for the week...:tantrum:

Worked all weekend so now I'm tired and behind on housework.....I tell ya, I just cannot lose weight unless it is an all-consuming obsession .......ok...... channeling my inner narcissist....

I had a lot of energy over the weekend, too, PreciousMissy. Plus a tad of insomnia. Was a great feeling. Put all that energy to good use, but now I'm paying for it! Unfortunately, I did not direct it toward exercise. HAVE to find a way to fit more exorcises into my schedule.

Let's make this a good week, ladies. Shrink those fat cells!!!! 15lb and I am out of this thread! I can do it! I can do it!

SuperHeroTeacher
06-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Ugh. I'm up 2.4 today. Not good.

Goddess Jessica
06-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I closed this thread because it was becoming quite lengthy! You can find the new thread here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/282914-getting-out-220s-230s-2012-part-3-a.html#post4761821